Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was listening to the promo of.
Speaker 3: John in the bathroom as well, and I'm thinking, man, production value has gotten low or he really just didn't give an ass when he was traveling.
Speaker 2: In the airport and they're like, we need a promo for Monday. I thought the same thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, was he in the airport when they called him and they were like, we need a promo?
Speaker 4: That would be great.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Passenger Ja Cob Wild? But Ja Cob Wild to the gate A fourteen please?
Speaker 1: But like if you listen to John and Ken, you would have heard it too over the years, Like by Friday, Ken would get a little snippy.
Speaker 2: You get a little snippy with John. It's very funny.
Speaker 4: What else is going on? Time four? What's happening? Or the big local stories?
Speaker 3: Thousands of county workers on strike tonight, about fifty five thousand of them. Members of SEIU seven twenty one now will include public works employees, public mental health professionals, social workers, parks and rec staff say they plan to walk off the job over the labor law violations that they allege, calling it.
Speaker 1: The first strike of its kind in La County history. Picket Lines will begin to form at seven pm. They say this is going to affect non urgent health clinics, public libraries, wildfire cleanup services, trash pickup.
Speaker 2: And homeless encampment enforcement.
Speaker 4: I didn't know there was I'd see their first place.
Speaker 2: Okay, good luck trying to make us care.
Speaker 4: But here's one of the be side stories to that.
Speaker 3: New data shows that California tourism has taken a major punch in the face in February and March.
Speaker 1: Well because the Canadians aren't coming. It's like down like nine percent or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said, it's actually a fifteen and a half percent drop from Canada alone. The Visit California graft shows the declines in California non residence visiting actually started last year and then took another big dive in both February and March. Yeah, because every image that people showed of the great state of California was the fires in the Palisades and Altadena, And not everybody realizes how large the state is, so they think the whole place is on fire.
Speaker 1: We've got real weather for other parts of the country. This week, severe weather, tornadoes, hail, thunderstorms threatened millions of people across the Midwest. Thunderstorm's large hail tornado outbreak possible starting to day. Ten tornadoes yesterday and hail larger than a baseball were reported in western Nebraska. Yeah, a train was derailed by a tornado. I have never seen that before.
Speaker 3: A full coal train derailed in Nebraska, about one hundred and thirty train cars west of Ashby, Nebraska.
Speaker 4: The western ports of that state hit by that tornado.
Speaker 3: La Metros rolled out weapons screening at their nor Walk station. Their ongoing safety campaign continues. The enhanced screening system will be implemented at the Sea Line nor Walk station starting on Monday.
Speaker 1: A runaway dog named Valerie has finally been found. She's been missing for five hundred and twenty nine days. Valerie has and now she's been found on an island that's filled with kangaroos, koalas, and penguins.
Speaker 4: What a paradise, great day, great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a paradise.
Speaker 1: I would love to live amongst kangaroos, koalas, and penguins. Could you imagine what a wonderful existence that would be.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'd have a hard time welcoming Peter back home after five hundred and twenty nine days.
Speaker 2: Well, he doesn't want to be with you. That's what I mean to be with the kangaroos.
Speaker 4: He made his decision when he ran off and deep into the bush.
Speaker 2: Do you have pouches? Do you have a pouch in there?
Speaker 4: I have pockets.
Speaker 2: No, you don't. You don't have.
Speaker 3: A pouch that I could crawl the Are you a Marsupial?
Speaker 4: I am not. I wear hoodies.
Speaker 2: The count it might in your in your dog's eyes.
Speaker 1: Your dog also doesn't seem to be into two Marsupials, I don't think.
Speaker 2: But what what a cool?
Speaker 4: What a movie? Yeah, it's going to make a great movie.
Speaker 2: Why are you so mad at it?
Speaker 3: I just now the dog is going to be Valerie is going to be sad thinking about our beloved kangaroo marsupial friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. Do you want your jeopardy question when we come back?
Speaker 1: Oh? We also have Motivational Monday around the corner, so get ready to get motivated.
Speaker 2: Have you had a blaw day or you're like.
Speaker 5: Uh, why am I?
Speaker 2: Why am I not mad? What should I eat next?
Speaker 1: Well, that's about to be shaken out of you, because motivational Monday will get you to put on your pants and uh.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: Take off the bra take off your bra, put on your pants, and be a productive member of society. We'll work on it, or put your bra on. I mean, I don't need people taking their bras off randomly at work.
Speaker 4: I already did.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: That's why they're just hanging out, Yes, hanging like rights.
Speaker 3: In the other room, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I don't think I ever got upset with it. It happened so frequently that I just let the dog hump my leg.
Speaker 3: I don't know when it happened, but they were like, there's portions of my family. They just gave up on this, exactly right. It didn't matter to them anymore. They got tired of correcting people.
Speaker 1: Exactly Do you hear about that F eighteen fired fighter jet that rolled off the side of the aircraft carrier sank to the bottom of the Red Sea.
Speaker 4: Uh no, oops, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: US Navy just announced that there was one crew member aboard the jet and a second crew member inside a tractor when the incident occurred. Both person and I'll able to jump out, with only one person sustaining a minor injury like he was moving it. I don't know, but that's a huge mist that's a huge, expensive mistake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get a bill for an F eighteen geez, and do you go get it?
Speaker 2: I mean that is embarrassing.
Speaker 3: You just destroy it at the bottom so that nobody goes and salvages it is there's some you know, high pollute electronics in those things.
Speaker 4: Sure, I guess you'd be careful. I don't know if you can get it.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's high falutint anymore? If it's described as high falutin.
Speaker 3: It's that kind of deep thoughts that people come to this show for.
Speaker 2: I know, God, bless the question. It's stupid. So I was gonna skip it.
Speaker 4: Oh well, you teased it did play off that tea?
Speaker 1: Okay, food and drink phrases for two hundred dollars to give up the good gossip is just spill this beverage.
Speaker 4: Spill the tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I told you.
Speaker 3: Worth our motivational Monday Okay, these are this, you know, an opportunity for you to feel good about yourself on an otherwise difficult day for a lot of people. You know, I think I think the Handle show calls it the Mondays. Oh is that what they call it?
Speaker 1: They've got to have a name for every day, right, I know it's Taco Tuesday because Handle says that about ninety seven thousand times always creative. Which Wednesday is that hump day? And Thursday is what a Friday Eve? Is that still a thing on that show?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they do them.
Speaker 2: It's Friday frid Yay, that's foody.
Speaker 4: Oh, Neil, right there, you hit that wheel. Now we're looking for something inspirational. Maybe sports.
Speaker 3: You can't keep a just thinking stop, but you have chosen one of your favorite movies.
Speaker 2: Okay, is there a motivational Monday speech?
Speaker 3: In Legally Blonde, Daniel Rudiger Harvard dreams of playing football at the University of Notre Dame to fit significant obstacles.
Speaker 1: I felt like Rudy and my yoga class over the weekend. No talent but a lot of heart.
Speaker 3: Here Rudy's feeling sorry for himself and the head grounds keeper. Fortune has some words of wisdom to keep Rudy from making a decision. He's got a regret by the rest of his life. Nineteen ninety three is Rudy, Hey, hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 6: What you're doing here? Don't you have practice? Practice?
Speaker 1: Not anymore? I quit?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, since when are you the quitting kind? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just don't see the point anymore.
Speaker 6: So you didn't make the dress list. There are greater tragedies in the world.
Speaker 3: I wanted to run out of that tunnel for my dad to prove to everything.
Speaker 6: Or what that I was somebody, Oh, you are so full of crack.
Speaker 5: You're five number, one hundred and nothing, and you got hardly a spec of athletic ability, and you hung in with the best college football team in the land for two years.
Speaker 6: And you're also gonna walk out of here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this lifetime, you don't have to prove nothing to nobody except yourself, and after what you've gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it ain't gonna never happen.
Speaker 2: Double native there, Shut up, you're ruining a now, go on back.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I never got you to see your first game in the year.
Speaker 6: Hell, I've seen too many games in this stadium, and I.
Speaker 3: Thought you said you never sung.
Speaker 6: I've never seen a game from the stands what you were playing. I rode the bench for two years. I thought I wasn't being played because of my color. I got filled up with a lot of attitude, so I quick, it's still not a week goes by. I don't regret it, and I guarantee a week won't go buy in your life. You won't regret walking out, letting them get the best stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You hear me clear enough.
Speaker 4: You hear me clear enough. That's a great movie.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm here going to hear today when I'm on the peloton.
Speaker 4: Yeah. One hundred and five foot nothing, one hundred and nothing. Yeah, that's what you're gonna hear. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.