Speaker 1: Seven thirty fifty our KRCD talk station. Happy Wednesday. One are from now Judgjennen of Politano searching for a monsters in the meantime. Welcome back to the fifty five krc Morning Show. Vote Jimneil dot com. Jim Neil, welcome back to the morning show. It's always great having you on.
Speaker 2: Great being on Brian. Thanks for having me, sir.
Speaker 1: Forty years in law enforcement. You're going forward again. We all would appreciate the vote for sheriff. For Jim Neil for sheriff. He did it once, excellent job. We can contrast that with the somewhat less than stellar performance by the never in the media. God knows what's going on within the Sheriff's department, Charmie McGuffey. But there is a choice, and you have one. Jim Neil, what can I ask you? I am I don't see much local news. I don't see a lot of reports about it. I can see it in Chicago and San Francisco, New York and other big cities they're having a huge problem with illegal immigration. Is there a problem locally with illegal immigration? Because quite often we find that among the illegal immigrants there's a pretty some criminal element. But is that a problem in our community at all as you perceive.
Speaker 2: It, Yes, on all the above. And it's because, if you remember, Cincinnati was deemed a sanctuary city. So the foreign nationals that enter this country from the southern border, the northern border, regardless, they're heading towards these sanctuary cities, Brian, because the sanctuary cities welcome them with open arms. And you're correct, you're getting that criminal element too, an element that's coming here for the sole purpose of victimizing you and your neighbors to make uh, to make a sum of money and and head back. And they're they're good at the craft, they're well equipped, they're well funded, and they're well represented in the court of law. And when they're arrested, the current sheriff obviously is not working with immigration and customs enforcements. So when these foreign nationals make bond the release from the jail, Brian, are they sticking around for court.
Speaker 1: No no flight risk, massive flight risks And let us not overlook that is one of the things and one of the reasons for bail is to make sure the person shows up for trial. And if they're a foreign national, they don't. It's no way. As soon as they get out, they're going to head for the border.
Speaker 2: And we're talking serious crimes. We're talking like, for instance, the burglary ring, and burglary is a serious crime which usually justifies the high bond to ensure that the fender shows up for court and that our citizens are safe while their case is pending, because they're locked up in the local jail on bond, waiting for their the processing of their case. But when they make bond, they're.
Speaker 3: Out of here.
Speaker 2: And if they have to go back home to get a new idea and come back, so be it. But crossing that border is not a problem right now. So it's important that we shut down the border. It's a crisis in and of itself having illegal immigration. Now you throw in the drug trafficking coming across the border, the human trafficking, the organized criminals, the violent criminals, it's just too much, Brian. So it's going to take local sheriffs throughout this great nation to when they are rent, when these offenders are locked up in their county jails, that ICE is informed of that Immigration and Customs Enforcement is informed that are foreign nationals locked up, so they can do their work so that when their release, one or two things is going to happen. They're going to be interviewed or they're going to uh take them into custody, Uh probably in our area, send them up to Butler County and hold them up there in the county jail up there for deportation. Because if we can't keep them locked up in our county jail, Brian, we need to deport them.
Speaker 1: Sheriff Jim Neil on the record, will cooperate with Immigrations and Customs regardless of the fact that Cincinnati declared itself sanctuary city. I guess has the county has. Has Hamilton County been declared a sanctuary county?
Speaker 2: No, But what has happened the sheriff has expanded that sanctuary area into the county by now working with Immigration and Customs enforcement. And I would say even uh, it's expanded into our region. Because when you have a sanctuary city the size of Cincinnati, our regions going to be affected. Northern Kentucky, Eastern Indiana, out in the villages and the other cities in Hamilton County. We're all affected by the the illegal immigration and the fact that today's the sanctuary city, and we get our fair share because they're bouncing around from sanctuary city to sanctuary city. The criminals are because when they're arrested, they make bond, they move to another sanctuary city. Case in point, the offender that made bond up New York went to Athens, Georgia. What happened in Athens, Georgia. He murdered a female college student. Yeah, sanctuary areas, sir.
Speaker 1: Just heartbreaking, absolutely preventable, absolutely preventable. We're gonna bring Sheriff Jim, our former Sheriff Jim. They'll soon to be sheriff again, we hope. And remember vote Jim Neil, any Il, vote Jim Neil dot com where you find him. I'm gonna come back and when I ask you about a connected problem, which of course drugs and fentanyl as well as officer recruitment retention. We've got a problem with that. We're going to go on and on, Jim Neil, hold on, We'll be right back seven thirty six, right now, if you have Kcity talk station, positive, nothing but positive words. From my experience banking with Emory Federal Credit Union, it is a better way to bank, better than the big bank. And I do a big bank account. It's like to keep tabs on the difference between the two and Emory's like working with family. You're a member, you're kind of like you're an owner in a sense. But they've been opened since since nineteen thirty nine. They are celebrating eighty five years and they are celebrating by offering you some very big specials which you can find on the website. To give you the website a minute, but right now, one of those special discounts is are available for you actually boosting your savings deposit with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months, just one of the milestone what as they're celebrating the milestone of eighty five years and check it all out online, learn learn about the restrictions that do apply. It is a limited time offer as well, but hey, five point two for six months, that is outstanding, So check them out online. Emory FCU dot org, Emory dot org NMLS number four zero one zero, it's seventh federally insured NCUA Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: And now another insurance storre hait advisor till eight pm and then we have an air quality alert until tomorrow night at midnight. It's gonna be a hot one today ninety six with isolated evening storms, muggy overy night down to seventy one, hot Tomorrow ninety six for the chance of late afternoon storms, overnight low seventy three, and another hot day on Friday ninety eight for the high and again with chance of storms. Those will be after two pm. Year. Well, he's seventy four Right now, it's time for traffic From the UCL Tramphic Center at the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute, you can access the leading brains finding nerve experts right here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Major problems and time delays on westbound two seventy five this morning slow out of Milford to Reed Hartman with four separate accidents starting after you got passed Loveland. The first three are on the left hand side, the fourth is over on the right shoulder. In bound seventy four now backs above Montana northbound seventy five extra ten Donaldson into town, Chuck Ingram and fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty Here fifty five KRCD talk station Bryan Thomas with Jim Neil. He's learning for Hamont County sheriff. He was sheriff previously, and he had some really great feathers in his cop to by way of accomplishments. And I know you're great with partnerships. When you were sheriff, you partner with the University of Cincinnati to talk about potential solutions for the mental illness and addiction problem we have. Obviously, I think it's apparent to all that we have a massive fentanyl problem in this country and that is a problem locally as well. In part of it springs from the illegal immigrant population, most notably the gang members who facilitate the flow of drugs into our community. Sheriff, Jim Neil, I saw that when you were sheriff, you're the one responsible for putting up those billboards encouraging citizens to report heroin dealers and drug dealers to law enforcement, which generated a one thousand percent increase in tips from the public. It's like, you know, it's like an outreach program to get people to drop a dime on bad guys. How are you defendal problem is still going on, Jim, And I'm not sure what the current sheriff is doing about it, But what's your ideas for the future here in Hamilton County.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, the collaborations with law enforcement are going to continue. But yeah, that was an idea I actually got from Sheriff Jones, who had a billboard up Mental Town about reporting the heroin dealers. And it just goes to show you, you know, us the sheriffs, we all work well together. But I will be working with local law enforcement. But I believe that the fentanyl, that our drug problem is bigger than just a drug problem. I truly believe we're under attack by our foreign enemies that are weakening this country with this crap.
Speaker 3: And it's bigger.
Speaker 2: Than just a drug problem. Brian, I believe we're under attack. You have to look at who are the victims of the addiction, and uh, it's impacting a high percentage of our youth, both male and female, and uh, waking us in the core. Well.
Speaker 1: The precursor chemicals to make ventanyl are very inexpensive. They are manufactured in China, and many of them are used for actual legitimate purposes. But apparently they're easy to buy, They're easy to put. It's easy to manufacture fentanyl. It's a lot cheaper than the heroin, and heck, a small bag can kill an entire population of a city. From everything I've read, so I agree with you this is a nefarious act by in large part, I think China working collaboratively with the gangs, most notably the ones in Mexico to import this stuff. So it's a geopolitical reality. But you know, the sad connection though, is I think it's one thing if you know you want to buy ventanyl. It's another thing when they make fentanyl into pills that look like say Adderall, which you know young people take apparently like eating chick lits or candy. You know, I'm gonna study all night. I need a cram for an exam. Can I borrow an adderall from you? Or if you buy it on the street in many cases it's gonna have fentanyl and it could be deadly. It's not even something people want, but they're encountering when they're out in the world buying drugs, illicit drugs.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's to the point now where it's not safe to buy a pill other than from your local pharmacy.
Speaker 3: Right because of It's like it's.
Speaker 2: Like playing Russian roulette now if you purchase a because you don't know what is laced with a lethal dose, and what isn't So it's like it truly is playing. It's a life and death game.
Speaker 1: Ran Well, maybe we'll all learn something because of that reality, Jim. People will be less inclined to buy drugs from a dealer anyhow, So there may be a positive upside on that. But in the meantime we're all suffering and struggling. Is there still a problem in the Sheriff's office with officer recruitment and retention?
Speaker 2: There is, It's it's more it's not just our agency Cincinnati. They're they're hurting for people, YUH agents. It's harder to recruit now because of the demon us being demonized over the years, and and with with the UH, the policies of of these UH democratic cities and the UH defunding police and just making our it's just making recruitment difficult. But I truly believe with good leadership.
Speaker 3: You'll be able to recruit.
Speaker 2: I know that there. I've had had former deputies reach out to me, Hey, if you're elected, can I come back? And I say absolutely, as long as nobody leaves on a disciplinary note. You know, it's either you know, you either resign or you're facing some serious internal charges. You know, outside of that, if someone left because they just weren't happy with the current administration, they want to come back absolutely, So that's a positive note, Brian. Knowing that from day one there is a number of officers that want to come back to work.
Speaker 1: Well, that's sad that the that the shareff herself could result in people leaving the job. Has it become that politically or is that that political within the ranks? Is it a you know, like DEI you know, hires or you know, promotions based on something other than merit. I mean, what's driving that reality that you speak of.
Speaker 2: There is there are cases internally pending where officers were were denied promotions or transfers, and it's there's a lawsuit pending now on one of those matters, but yes, it's going on. It's if you remember the current sheriff, there was a complaint against her for creating a hostile work environment, and I had investigated uh internally eternal affairs sustained. The complaints were sustained, and I offered her another position in the operation to get her out of uniform, out of the chain of command because she was creating a hostile work environment. Well, guess what, Griff's back in the uniform and creating a hostile work environment.
Speaker 1: Well, we should have factored that any into the equation when we voted last time, Sheriff. Do any other prominent policy positions or ideas you're going to bring to the job, hopefully when you get elected sheriff this November.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. As you know, I'm focusing on public safety and law and order, and I want to create an environment where the deputies and all law enforcement in this county can just focus on doing our job.
Speaker 3: And stay out of the politics. And it's going to read to a safer community when we're back to doing our job.
Speaker 2: And enforcing the laws and being a proactive as well, not just reactive, but proactive and law enforcement and working well with one another, enforcing the laws in Hamilton County and arresting the offenders, booking them into the county jail, and allowing the prosecutor to do their job and the judges to do their job.
Speaker 1: Well, there's some other important races we got to consider when you mentioned that prosecutor in the judicial races as well, Jim Neil, I will encourage you to get over to this website, vote Jimneil dot com, help him out, get a yard sign, participate in some way. We need tough law enforcement. It is a pillar of a safe pillar of a community. Generally speaking, if you have safety, you have productivity, You have a desire for people to move here, build and and and provide us with growth. Absence safety, you're not going to have any of that, and things will only get worse. Jim Neil, God bless you, sir. You're invited to listen to lunch next Wednesday. I know you've made them many times over the years. We're going to be at in Saint Bernard of the Weedham and Brewery. I don't want to put you on the spot, but if you're free for lunch first Wednesday of the months when we meet, that'll be next Wednesday, and if you can show up, I know Christopher Smithman is going to be there and several other folks and running races. So you are obviously invited. So I hope to see you next Wednesday, but if not, we will see each other again soon. Jim Neil, God bless you, sir, and thanks for the time you spent with my listeners of me today seven nine fifty five kerc DE Talk Station and Lee NARROWLLC. It's a business consulting firm with these experts who have spent decades with Fortune five hundred companies. They know, excuse me, they know that every business, both large and small, it consists of a complex system of individual components that have to work together. Otherwise you're not going to get your desired performance, which is like your bottom line. For example, employee retention can be a problem. Low morale, high turnover, late deliveries, poor financial performance. Any one of these various issues can impact all of that. So they look at everything strategy, quality, sales, manufacturing, supply chain, engineering, EHS, facility consolidation. Their consultants have just great at what they do and so they'll help you improve your bottom line, make your business more successful. That's the point. And right now, for a limited time, Lee NARROWLLC is offering a compliment Tree business evaluation for qualified businesses. If you're a qualified business, you'll find out. Just fill the format, go to lean Errow LLC and they'll get back with you if you qualify or end. You'll probably get back with even if you don't. But it's an opportunity for you to experience what lean ERROLLC can do for your business, and that's improved across the board. Lean Arrow l LLC dot com fifty five R the talk station between the lines, R beyond