Speaker 1: Man an emotional day here at Dodgers Stadium. We had a j Ellis and Clayton Kershaw reunited, but on different sides. And Kershaw means so much to this organization. Without him, there is no Dodgers in this generation. What does this one mean to you? To come all the way back from shoulder surgery to contribute and still have a lot more left to give.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a It's been a really fun year to watch. You know. Obviously I would have liked to have contributed more into this year, but these guys a great group of guys. And I say it every year, but you never know when you're never gonna get to do this again. So regardless of if you pitched one inning or two hundred innings, you gotta celebrate. You gotta enjoy it. And uh, it was a great night. And you know, like this this group is the strips off we go. We have a chance to do something special and uh, this is a good start.
Speaker 1: To did you guys not only prove something to the pod base, but prove something to yourselves in that seventh inning?
Speaker 2: This is a big win. Yeah, no doubt. You know, I think, uh, you know, after that first game, where we lost in the way we did. That's a tough way to tough game to bounce back fro him. So for us to get that win yesterday and then come back tonight, and you got to give a lot of credits to Walker fished awesome and then our both fend did a great job, so uh hell, and we hung in there as best we could, and then our offense exploded. And that's what it's gonna take in the postseason. You know, there's gonna be games where the offense doesn't get you know, three runs earlier or something like that. So for us as a pitching staff, you know, Walker and the both fend to shut him down the way they did and keep us in the game and get those guys a third and fourth at bat to get us some runs. And it's one of the best lineups I've ever seen in a Dodger team. So with the guys that we have, starting with Showy on down, it's a it's a good recipe for winning some games in October.
Speaker 1: Ever since Muelller's been called up and it started pitching on a regular basis, it feels like he's a defiant younger brother. How proud are.
Speaker 2: You with him tonight, you know, I yeah, I don't. I don't take any credit for any mentoring at Walker Mueler. But I'll tell you what. I had a big game like tonight, first time he's pitched on four days rest of all season for him to come back and you know, pitch the way he did and want the ball and go out there and do it. I've always said it about Walker, but the bigger the moment, it seems like the more he wants to pitch. So that's good. It's good for the Dodgers, it's good for October, and it's a great sign he pitched great tonight.
Speaker 1: Hey, Frank Stallone once said this Kershaw far from over. You're far from over. I expect to see that toe heeled and ready to go in ten days.
Speaker 2: I'll do my best, do my best.
Speaker 1: Hey, fresh off an Emmy Clayton, Kershaw's celebrating good. Division championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, division championship seems a little better right now, but I'll take both.
Speaker 1: Thanks Kevin Clayton, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks David