Speaker 1: This is WWE superstar Drew McIntyre, and you're listening to the WWE podcast.
Speaker 2: Show, the one that everybody wants me. God tell sixteen your ass, this is my arm.
Speaker 3: You're gonna acknowledge me.
Speaker 2: Everybody. It is that time once again, the second biggest event of the year for WWE, arguably SummerSlam is just two days away. As I record this and tonight, I've got somebody that hasn't been with me in several months now. You just heard from mister and missus Cawjuarrestling Fan last night on the mail bag, but he's doing double duty tonight with me to cover Summer Slam, and I'm excited to talk about SummerSlam, and overall I need to ask you, miscadsu rusting Fan. First of all, welcome back. I'm glad to do a show with you again. But also are you just as a whole Are you excited about SummerSlam?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I'll say that I'm ready to see Summer Slam. You know, I'm looking forward to some good surprises hopefully. You know, Bake Bianca, we'll be a great match. You know, obviously we'd have one. So I'm rooting for roam, and you know, I'm generally pretty happy with the cold. You know, it could be better, but hey, take what we can get, and.
Speaker 2: I think there's going to be some surprises along the way. I don't think that what you see is what you get. Obviously, a match was canceled. We'll talk about that with Riddle and Rollins, which is making a lot of people sad. But I think there's a plan there as I don't think the injury excuse is real, So we'll talk about that. But first you and I have to get to one quick email that was missed, my own fault that you guys didn't answer last night. And we'll get to that email right now, guys, and then we'll dive right into SummerSlam. And a lot of this does have to do with Summer Slam. So here we go. Uh, this email comes to us from let's see, it comes to us from perma Fire Kyle. Oh, it comes, and he says, hey, everyone, it's the return offile permofhile. I can't say it. I don't even know what perma fire means. Maybe I'm the only one perma Fire Kyle once again, after an insane week of wrestling news, before I get started with my Summer Slam predictions, I need to address something about miss but here we go, Uh, here we go, guys, The feud continues Missus Dennis McGinley and her one woman faction with just her in it as that one woman. She doesn't keep my podcast family, which is the Casual Wrestling Family, out of her mouth. So if mister Casual Wrestling Fan is up for it at the next Premium Live event, which I believe is Clash at the Castle, he's going to challenge Dennis McGinley to bring her person and find a tag team partner of her choosing to face me and mister Casual Wrestling Fan in an intergender tag team match. And yes I say it in her gender because it's for the young lay Missus Dennis McGinley. Before I get to the next paragraph and finish out the email, do you have anything to say to this this this fuse going on.
Speaker 3: Here, I'm gonna be brief sat out to my boy in New York.
Speaker 4: Caw akami, cal. We don't miss with miss Dennis McGinley. She sucks, sees nothing and I know she's listening, So guess what, you know what you can do we got two words for you, but I'm not gonna stay it on PT once.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe when WW turns TV fourteen, we'll change the rating of the show, but for now, yeah, okay, cool. Anyway, Now for the predictions. Let me say first that I'm writing this on Tuesday, so any matches that happened that day after that day could get announced. I will miss. First off, the Misterials versus spend Balery and Damian Priest of the Judgment Day and a no DQ tag team match. I think the Judgment Day win will win by Riha Ripley's interference and possibly Dominic turning on his dad since it didn't happen on Raw. Next up is Logan Paul versus the Miz, of which I really don't care about. I think Logan Wigan wins, and you know how WWE is with celebrities now or Next is Pat McAfee versus Happy Corbyn. I think Pat McAfee will win because everyone loves him and he is way more over than Corbyn is, if Corbyn even is over at all. Next is Riddle and Seth, and I'm going to ignore the rest of this Purva Fire Kyle because this match isn't happening. I know that you're saying Seth needs victory. We'll talk more about that later. Next up is Live versus Ronda Rowsey for the SmackDown Women's Championship. Unfortunately, I think Rowsey's gonna win because I think wwecs Live as a transitional champion. And I know you guys don't like Live, but come on, be honest. Would you rather have Ronda as champion again next year? Yeah? No, yeah, no, no, no, I'm with you. And here's the thing, Kyle, I have to say before I continue with the end of your email here. I'm not gonna ask mister Kyle's wrestling fan about every one of these because we're getting to every one of these in our predictions, so that that would be a bit counterproductive. I think if we answered our thoughts on every one of your predictions. So okay, So next up, Bianca and Becky for this Raw Women's Championship. Permafile, permafire. Kyle, I'm just gonna call him. Kyle thinks that Bianca Bella retains here, but there is going to be a double turn, and Beyonca turns heel while Becky turns face. Bobby Lashley versus Theory for the United States Championship. I think Bobby Lashley will retain, but Theory will be back on the show later on which he'll get to. And next is the USSOS and the Street Profits for the Tag Team Championship. This is a rematch from Money in the Bank, but this time the special guest referee j E Double f JA double r E double T Jeff Charrett. I think the USOS will get a clean win this time with no shoulders up to retain. And finally our main event, Roman versus Brock for the final time, hopefully in a last man standing match for the Unisputed Championship. I think Roman retains and the USO stop Theory from cashing in, but they stop him before he net before he actually cashes in, so he still has the briefcase. So uh any thoughts. I know, again, it's kind of hard to respond to that because we're gonna get to our predictions. But do you have a general reaction to all that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep your big concise thirty six Juis min Day Vegas agrees with you.
Speaker 3: Oh, Pat mac Vegas agrees with you.
Speaker 4: Logan Paul Vegas agrees with Bianca bell lef Vegas agrees with you, USO's Vegas agrees with your Roman Reigns. Vegas agrees with you, and Live Morgan Vegas disagrees with you.
Speaker 3: Live is the slight favorite.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, man, all right, So before I go, mister Kaiju Rusling fan asked in discord, who would you rather have as champion? Brock Lesnar or Theory, even though I think it's too soon for theory. We have seen it too many times on Brock, so I would have to go with Theory. Also, just curious, what are your guys thoughts on Vince retiring in Triple H taking over rest headed Creative. I'm very excited. That's all for me this week. Talk to everyone next time, and all of you babyfaces stay perm fire. So there you go, misguys. Russelling fen so he'd rather have Theory if it was a choice, And also he wants to know your thoughts because I've given it a million times. I'm not going to regive it. But what are your thoughts also on Vince retiring in Triple H taking over as head of creative?
Speaker 3: All right, let me give it to you like this. We talked about this briefly on the mail bag take over the show.
Speaker 4: First off, I don't and I'm only talking about this mcmon professionally. I'm not getting into no personal whatever's in the news, just him wrestling professionally. I think this McMahon obviously changed the game. He changed wrestling for what it is today. Now, this might be a little different than how most people feel wrestling could get worse or stay the same. I mean, I know everybody saying, yeah, triple ah, ooh, triple A, triple H is miss mac off the bismc Man treat technically, I mean Stefan Man, his daughter is running it. Will it be some difference, yes, But will wrestling improve just because of somebody else?
Speaker 3: I'm not ready to say that. I mean, so, I ain't gonna go deep on that. I'm gonna keep it pretty breathe.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm gonna go the question you, Matt, if Roman had to lose the bill, would you rather go to Brock or would rather go to Theory.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even have to think about it to be theory. I mean, that's not even that's not even like to me a thought in my mind. I mean, no theory. Would I want that choice? I wouldn't want it, but it's an easy decision given those two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And last question before we move on, because I just want to put this out there for all the fans to hear your opinion on this.
Speaker 3: Do you think Live Morgan is credible? Honestly?
Speaker 2: Honestly no, I don't. Uh. I mean, if if you're gonna put a gun in my head, I don't. The reason I don't is she when she was facing Becky Lynch, she lost. When she got her Women's championship match, I think it was earlier this year, late last year, she was actually in the women's tyle picture, she lost several times. To Live Morgan, she barely does get victories, and when she does, it's only when they were putting her in place to win the money in the bank briefcase and then win the championship that night. Honestly, no, because when you look at her as champion, this isn't to say I don't like her or that she can't get credibility. But she spent ninety five percent of her career not feeling credible. She spent ninety five percent of her career and this is no fault of her own. A lot of it's creative, but she spent most of her career in the dark, where she is just a part of a group that WWE uses to elevate other women. She has been essentially an enhancement talent for most of her career. And then she wins the briefcase and she can cut a good promo. I do like that about her. But she suddenly wins the briefcase and then cash is in its the most opportune time where we're supposed to feel that that's a credible win. No, it's not. It's not a credible win, which is why that the match is designed for a heel. Most of the time, money the bank matches are designed for heels to win because you want to take advantage of somebody when they're at their weakest. That's what heels do. So when a babyface does it, it's like, oh, okay, well that's the rules of the briefcase. But at the same time, you're like, she's never won a championship, and if this is the only way she can win a championship is when somebody has already been beaten down and has an injury. That does kind of eat away at the credibility. So does she have no credibility? No, but she doesn't have enough to be champion. That's what I don't think. I mean other than longevity. Okay, she's been there a while, right, Well, so it's Dana Brook.
Speaker 3: But and Our Truth. Yeah, I love Truth A whole lot more is Our Truth.
Speaker 2: And I'm not trying. I don't want to get on attendent, but I just want to say quickly about Our Truth. If WWE ever really wanted to make him champion, I think they could do it. I mean, he I think is one of the most underutilized talent that ww has ever had. He is genuinely funny. They don't have to try to make him funny. He's actually a good dude. His story is a lot of fun to or really just amazing to watch. If you watch the twenty four to seven on Our Truth, it's awesome. He is a guy that you know you can respect or that you don't have to worry about from a pr perspective, and he has got an actual connection with the fans. The fans would go crazy if Our Truth ever won the championship. It'll never happen. But yeah, he's a missed opportunity. So all right, let's get into the actual card here, Summer Slam card as and again, guys, I want to preface this if you're listening to this after SmackDown that is going to air tomorrow night. That's at least when we record this. We have not seen any changes or modifications to what happened on SmackDown, if there are any last minute ones. We do know about the seth Rowlins and Riddle cancelations, so we can speculate about who Rolin's opponent is. But let's start with it, and let's see where do I want to start? That was my computer just froze because I got the latest card here and my computer FROs So hang on with you, guys, I am clicking on it now. I'm going to a different site. CBS Sports just kind of gave me. Ah, there we go. Okay, the Mysterios versus Finn Baler and Demian Priest no DQ match. Mister Cajuressling fan, what is your official prediction for this match?
Speaker 3: My official prediction goes to the judgment day. You know, I'm a.
Speaker 4: Big proponent of when Ed was in the group, That's when I feel like the group was on point fire. Since then, They've lost a lot of momentum, losing to the Mysterios several weeks in a row. I'm really not a big fan of Finn Balle even being the group.
Speaker 3: I don't really like the heel gimmick.
Speaker 4: Give me normal Fin or demon Fen, but this new heel fans not really doing it for me. I mean, Damion Priest has the boys he has to look, but I feel like he needs Edge. Three is back, which helps a lot, but the group without Edge lost a lot of steam. Was they was hot, I mean one hundred degrees when Edge was there, and then when they took Edge.
Speaker 3: Out of the group, everybody was like, what's going on? And they haven't even followed it up to make the group look as dominant. But I think they'll get to win over.
Speaker 4: The Masterios do the dom turning on Ray. Ray might be going for the hot.
Speaker 3: Tag and domb hopped off the apron chakes his head.
Speaker 4: No, you know, they beat down Ray and then Dom gives them the coer toe to finished the complete heel turn.
Speaker 3: So that's my prediction. What about you, man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's actually almost nearly identical to my pick. And here's what I'll say too, so first of all, let me just say, yes, Mysterios do lose here, and it is because of the Dominic turn. But if Dominic doesn't turn and they just flat out just lose to the Judgment Day, and you know there's also that scenario. I think one way or the other, the Masterials lose. But to me, if they don't do the dom turn here, they're never doing it. It's the perfect opportunity. Monday was also a perfect opportunity. It was raised anniversary. They're in Madison Square Garden, his whole family's there. What better way to turn on your father and ruin his entire night than turning on your dad and going to the dark side. It really just was a storyline that was missed. But there's an opportunity, of course at SummerSlam on a big stage, and I hope it is dom turning. It would instantly make him like a thousand times more interesting from a character perspective than he is now. And I think there's stuff you can pull from now. The other side of this is the Mysterials still lose. It's just a flat out loss to the Judgment Day and then they go for the beatdown. Both of them are about to get concertoed by you know, Finn and Damien and Rhea, and then Edge's music hits whatever music that's gonna be. He comes out to make the save, and that's what I think is gonna happen. So did you say that you think Edge is going to return in some form of fashion here too?
Speaker 4: I didn't say that when I would like that. Just maybe I just sound bad when I say this as a fan.
Speaker 3: I won't Edge back in the Crow. I don't care how to get back in the group. I give me anything.
Speaker 4: I warn him back as the leader of the crew. They lost so much team without him. They need Edge back, or maybe he needs to make his own faction. But the music isn't the same without Edge, you know it anyway. But yeah, so can we get an Edge surprised? Yes we could, And he could come in there to run in the fence to stop him from beating down.
Speaker 3: Ray and Dom. But I just want to see Dom turn.
Speaker 4: I'm tired of Dom and if he's not going to turn, and I don't know what's left for him.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what other what there is to do with Dominic. I mean, he doesn't look the part. He Seriously, I've said this, he looks like, you know, he's fresh off junior prom. He's got a young look. That doesn't it doesn't give him any advantage. He's got height, that's fine, but that also do that's not saying much standing next to Ray Mysterio, who's like five five or five six. But he you know, he needs facial hair, he needs muscle mass, he needs a character, he needs an actual like personality. I just want to shake him and be like, there's got to be something in there. And he just is just so bland and he's good in the ring, but he's living off the Mysterio name, and that's you know. I think there's more to this, and I hope they do this. But you're right about the judgment day about Edge, I have never seen a group feel like I feel like they have so much potential and they just slice the knees off of the whole group for seemingly no reason. I don't understand the need to do that. When Edge was on fire every single week and he was helping build stars and just as I'm like, all right, they're starting to get some nice momentum, I could see this being a group that's gonna last a year or year and a half, and boom, Edge gets ousted, where everyone's like, what the heck Like, that's they're gonna turn Edge back to a baby face. That's what it seems like. But I think there is a small possibility of Edge coming back and then rejoining where you think he's gonna get revenge and he's just like now he's like, thank you for beating the weakness out of me. I mean, it's possible. But any final thoughts on this before you move on, Just to.
Speaker 4: Say I did not like Edge as a baby place. You know, I come on here and I ran about Edge. I don't like it when he turned heel you got miscasurus something, So anything with it, just please make him heal, don't don't don't make it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear you think you know anymore.
Speaker 2: I mean, to be fair, that will happen before he truly hangs up the boots. I mean, that's that song. It'll happen probably at the tail end of his career when he truly does want to retire. That that is his iconic song. I mean, so, I think he'll eventually come full circle. But right now, heel edge. We didn't even get a chance to see it breathe. We saw hints of greatness. He cut his hair, he came out with the dark suits. He had cut awesome promos every week, helping build you know, the the younger stars, and it just makes no sense. So you're right. I hope it's a false babyface return where he edges back and everyone's cheering and you think he's gonna get revenge, and what he does is actually hit the concerto himself on randominic that I would love where you know, people think he's the White Knight and he's actually like a you know, a sheep wolf in sheep's clothing or something. So totally with you on that. How about Logan Paul versus the Miz probably the least interesting matchup on the entire card, but maybe you feel differently.
Speaker 3: I don't be honest. Obviously we know Logan pole Is. I want him. I wish they would have him. To me is beat together. I like the camaraderie together. He gets heat.
Speaker 4: Now picking the match, it's tough because loves they Hollywood people.
Speaker 3: To me is Ranley Wis.
Speaker 4: So I guess I go Logan Poule last night, I said to me, is unoff, But tonight we'll go Logan.
Speaker 2: It's not an easy one. You're right. I mean, here's the thing. I think WWE is going to have a real interesting time dealing with the crowd that's gonna absolutely crap all over this match. And I don't mean it in the way that's gonna They're gonna just they're gonna try to hijacket, but more of tel WWE who should be babyfacing heel because trying to get Logan Paul to be liked is really difficult. He's inherently a very unlikable person. He's a social media star, twenty some million subscribers on YouTube all the rest, millionaire and very successful athlete, all that, and that's great, but that's not relatable for ninety five percent of people. And he's got an arrogance about him and why he not being why they haven't turned in baby face or a heel makes no sense. They tried on raw at Madison Square Garden, and I think that was a foreshadowing of things to come at SummerSlam. I think SummerSlam it's gonna be like eighty twenty against Logan Paul. I think He's gonna get booted out of the building. I think Miss is gonna get cheered out of respect. Even though the Mis is a decent heel on the mic, he knows how to get a crowd angry. I think it's gonna be Logan Paul getting booed out of the building. Do you maybe maybe I'm wrong? Do you think the crowd is going to go along with the Logan Paul's a baby face?
Speaker 3: Okay, now I'll say this. They are having it here in Nashvield.
Speaker 4: Nashville is a very traditional rest in the city where they will boot heels and cheer.
Speaker 3: The face even if they don't agree with them.
Speaker 4: Even in this market, I still think Logan gets food. I mean, you can't help what go for. The me is who's been there all the time.
Speaker 3: Now, when Logan comes out, he might initially get.
Speaker 4: A fix, But I think when the match happens, the crowd I told to be on the B side.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I'm not a Mis fan, everyone knows that. But I do think there's a respect factor there. And you know, when you look at the whole celebrity factory, he is a celebrity, but he signed a long term contract. This isn't the typical celebrity come in for WrestleMania, make them look good, promote whatever movie or product that they have, and then they go away. That's that's not what Logan Paul is right now. He's actually signed a multi year deal with WWE, so he shouldn't get that celebrity typical like like force Field around him. And I also think that given the demo that's at major events like SummerSlam, you have the older crowd, you don't have typically a lot of families because it's number one, super expensive to bring your entire family with kids and everything to these events, and these events just I think are more attractive to the demo that's in you, your age group, my age group, and male. I think that's what it's going to be, which tells you that this crowd I don't think is going to really be on Logan Paul's side. I'm very interested to hear the reaction. I think Logan Paul is going to get destroyed, and rightfully so, because he should be a heel.
Speaker 3: So exactly, I hope he does. I'm right.
Speaker 4: I want the means to win hon my heart, you know, and I would boo Logan Paul from a you know, formal respect, you know. And maybe I don't know what they're gonna do with this, but this was them whatever idea was to make him face.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, they figured the Miz is somebody that can get anyone, get any crowd to boo him. But I think they're missing the fact that the demographic at SummerSlam and the fact that this this is a guy that's super unlikable, not relatable. They've kind of dismissed them or minimized those factors, and I think they shouldn't have. Oh but by the way, yeah, my pick is also Logan Paul. I think Logan Paul does win this. It's his debut one on one match, it's against the Miz. Miz can take any loss at this point in his career. So yeah, So you and I right now, crazily are on the same page. So far two for two. Logan Paul probably does win here. All right, now things get a little interesting. Bianca bell Air versus Becky Lynch for the Raw Women's Championship.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I can call it audible if you want me to go to I can if you want, all right, all right, I'll give you time to think, or at least you want, I'll give you my pick. I'll give you my pick, and then that'll give you time to think. So okay, this one's difficult, very difficult. And you said that you, I mean you actually looked through the Vegas odds, and the Vegas odds probably do favor Becky.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, ba al Bianca. Okay, well I'm going against the Vegas odds. Then I'm gonna say Becky Lynch regains the Women's Championship Number one. Bianca bel Air as a babyface is getting very boring, or not boring, frustrating, it's getting repetitive. I think they've squeezed all the juice out of her babyface character, at least this version of it that they can. And she hasn't done really much of anything since she became champion. She occasionally sits at ringside to watch matches. She's done that, like for four weeks in a row at one point, doesn't go on. Commentary says the same old slogan's over and over. She's the eest, the best, the fastest, the greatest, is strong, all that superheel by the way, and she doesn't really do much of anything. And this past week, Becky Lynch comes out, just comes out, and this is what a Babyface would do, and just starts beating the hell out of Bianca, no backup, just her and just starts brawling with Bianca. And that's to me the sign I think of a hit if you're looking for something of a double turn. Double turns aren't.
Speaker 3: Easy to do.
Speaker 2: They're very difficult to do. But I think the writing is on the wall here. Becky Lynch is somebody that no one really wanted to boo in the first place. She hasn't had a very successful heel run as much in terms of when you compare it to her Babyface run. I also think that the music they've used for Becky Lynch has contributed to the fact that they that the people don't want to boo, that it's such a Babyface song that you just it's like a Pavlovian response, like people want to cheer it, and she's easy to like. People gravitated towards her for that whole you know, Babyface run. They they the defans pretty much will Wwe forced them to put her in the main event and I think that Bianca Bellair again is much better suited to be a heel. Right now, there's arrogance on her that she's suppressed saying. And the last so my pick is Becky and the last thing I'll say, the last reason I think that they're going to do a double turn here is because they're gonna set up for Ronda Becky at WrestleMania and Ronda will be a heel. Hint hint in my pick later in the show that Becky and Ronda will finally finally have their one on one match at WrestleMania, with Becky as a babyface, Ronda as a heel as it should be, and they'll establish those roots at SummerSlam. So Becky Lynch is my pick. I hope I gave you enough time.
Speaker 4: I like, I like what you said, but maybe I'm on the other side. I like Vicky is a heel. I mean I hated her hero run.
Speaker 3: At first, just as a wrestling fan with a big Bickie fan.
Speaker 4: When she came back, she liked the he'll run, but Bicky has really I think hit.
Speaker 3: Her stride as a heel. Like she said, She's no little Blue choo Chi, you know, she really is.
Speaker 4: In that and I ain't trying to compare it because that's her, you know, her husband. But she's in that Jeth Robinson parole where she's doing great work. The fans like her, they respect the work she's doing. You know, she's on another level as far as Beyonca goes, you know she.
Speaker 3: I hate it because I do like Beyonca's gimmick.
Speaker 4: You know, she needs a lot of credit because for her to take her gimmick and make it face as you said, it's normally what heelsould say, and she puts a great face, you know, gimmick on it to make people cheer her. Now, I'm not a big proponent of the double turn. You know, I think they should leave Bicky Hill. I'm totally okay with hern and Beyonca Heill. You know, I would like to see that too, But so this, I guess gets to my pick. I think it'll stay where it's supposed to. It's gonna stay with Beyonca, she retains. I want to see Beyonca reea, you know, I think that's the match that I'm looking forward to now at Wresselmania, hoping next couple of pls let real take it off of Beyonca because right now Rihea needs to be established as that they're going with this Judgement Day group. So give me Bianca, maybe a heel turn for Beyonca, but leave Bicky heal.
Speaker 3: I love to heal Bicky. Hey, that's my two cents.
Speaker 2: One that Yeah, I mean I forgot about the Rea factor now that she's back, and they never got to that. I don't know how you do a Bianca heel Uh you know Rea heel matchup. You can't. So yeah, I mean that's a that's a that's probably the strongest argument to keep Bianca as champion is that we got to get Ria Bianca at some point. I mean, you could still do the matchup even if Beyonca's not the champion. But yeah, you're right. I think that's that's a strong case. I'm gonna stick by my guns and say Becky gains the championship. Bianca bel air, uh, you know is probably gonna get booed. I mean, even if the double turn isn't officially happening, you don't see it like very obviously. I think the crowd is going to not be super friendly with Bianca. It's probably gonna be a very very mixed crowd where it's like kind of fifty to fifty for both women. I don't think it's gonna be super strong pro Becky. I don't think it's gonna be super strong pro Rianka. There's gonna be dueling chance, I think throughout this matchup for both women, and so the crowd's gonna play a big role in this. I think it's gonna be split right down the middle. So all right, uh, let's talk Pat McAfee and Happy Corbin. Do you need an extra time on this one or do you think you have an idea of who's gonna win?
Speaker 4: Now we can go straight in on this one. Give me Pat Mac for the win. You know, Happy Corbin has been on.
Speaker 3: The down slide. I'm tired of the Happy Corban. Give me. I want to go back to bummy Bummy Corbyn, like I do. It was great to ketch up thing the Mustards Thain, you know, bumming for money and then being ungrateful when you get it. It was perfect.
Speaker 4: So I'm totally with him letting him lose out his money again and all his cars get repossessed. But I do think this would be a Pat Mac win because you know what's gonna happen. Pat Max's gonna go back to the boot happy, Corbyn's gonna go through whatever he needs to do.
Speaker 3: So put the win on bat Mac. That's Bob Pee.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I feel I'm gonna actually side with you on this one, but I'm not super confident. And the reason is because Corbin losing to an announcer is you know, it's not great for his career, but it could be an It could be a way to create a character change once again for for Corbin, who has gone through several iterations of his character. Uh, he's evolved and and and that's what you need to do. But I agree, if there's some way, if Pat wins and he beats Corbin, which by the way is my pick, I think that you could have Corbin go into a tailspin and somehow, you know, there's some there's some investigation being done with him where he there's unpaid taxes and then there's a there's a lawsuit by the I R S and then you know, he loses all of his money. You could just do something silly like that and Corbyn goes back to being to being the absolute bum. That was something I think they could have run with another few months because every week there's just something lower and lower that he was doing that was just embarrassing. Like first of all, him growing his hair out was hilarious. I mean his his hairline and everyone knew it. But he had to like think about this, he had to go through like airports like this. I mean maybe he wore a hat the whole time. I don't know, but like he that's commitment, and it was just the look was awesome. The disheveled white shirt that was just constantly a mess. The things they were doing like it was great, great TV. So if they could somehow get him back to being the bum sign me up. I don't care how they do it, but I think Pat McAfee gets the victory, and I think it'll be a decent match. You know, it'll be okay, it's not gonna be a match of the night. But Pat McAfee takes bumps. He's very, very free in that way. He kind of wrestles like Shane McMahon in a way where he's just you know, he'll sacrifice his body. He's not a great technical wrestler, but he takes bumps and he'll make the guy look good. So yeah, and he thoughts on that before we move up the card here.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, like you say, it's good, I think Pat going, he's gonna pull.
Speaker 3: It off, you know, put your money on Pat.
Speaker 2: Yep. All right, here we go, Here come the big money matches the USOS versus the Street Profits, undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship with special guest referee Jeff Jarrett. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: You're not gonna steal, Jeff, Jared.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to to. My brain didn't have the capacity because if I screwed it up, you know, I didn't want to say jay E don't like I, I probably would have messed up one of the letters. So I just said, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Jarrett, forgive me.
Speaker 4: Obviously, you the two's, we the ones, give me the USOS. You know, the Street Profits are great, and I do like the Street Profits. They do a great job. Montez Ford is the guy, but in this situation, I think you lead the billswey. I leave him on the USOS the bloodline. You know, I'm ready for some dissension in the Street Profits. I'm ready for montez Ford and and Angelo to get ready to break up.
Speaker 3: It's can cause a little attention. If we turn Beyonca heel, you can have her go by there say you better than him.
Speaker 4: Baby is to do your own thing and run like that. But here know what they are four years whoso's get the wing?
Speaker 3: Clean win?
Speaker 2: Oh? Clean clean? Oh that's that's.
Speaker 3: Key one one D one two three.
Speaker 2: Do you think this has the potential to be as good or better than their matchup money in the bank that was an absolute classic.
Speaker 4: I don't know, because I don't know if they have the time, you know what them they got a lot of matches and it's a big show. It's hard to follow up. Let's be honest, it's hard to follow up. I think it'll be good. I don't know if it'll be asked good. I don't think it'll be matching the night. I think that's gonna be big beyond.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go. I'm gonna I'm gonna counter this, and not just to be contrarian, but I do believe this. I would not put any money on this match. By the way, this money this match actually kind of scares me from like if I actually had real money on that, I would stay away. I'm gonna go with the Street Profits, but like fifty one forty nine, like I'm just tipping Street Profits. And the reason is you have Jeff Jarrett in this matchup. If this was any ill regular match, why are we creating special referees here. There's gotta be something, some reason Jeff Jarrett's in this match. Now. I know the narrative is, oh, well, you know Corbin or rec Corbin, we had montes Ford have his shoulder up, and then Jimmy or Jay which I forget which one had their shoulder up, and a matchup, and that's the referee missed it. Well, first of all, from a logical standpoint, if you have to bring in a guest referee, meaning somebody that's never done the job before, to just do the very basics of hey, making sure the guy's shoulders are on the mat before you start counting, that's not a great That's not a great look for WWE referee. You know, job performance okay, But they're bringing in Jeff Jarrett for a reason, and I think that Jeff will call it down the middle. They're not trying to set up an angle with Jeff to have a match with anybody, But I think that Jeff if Jarrett will play some kind of role that maybe a normal referee wouldn't it. I just don't know exactly what that is. But to me, it looks like the Street Profits will come away with the victory here, and because Jeff Jarrett maybe doesn't put up with any of the USO's crap, they're trying to cheat or something. I don't know, but to me, I agree. I'm with you one hundred percent that the USOS, or rather the Street Profits need to break up. And I want to see montes Ford go on a tear. I want to see him. I mean, he'll probably feud with Angelo Dawkins for a while when the split happens. Montes Ford is easily the biggest star that that one of the biggest stars that WW has in their pocket when they want to do it. But I think there's a little bit of juice left to squeeze out of the Street Profits as a tag team. I don't think they're totally done yet where people are totally sick and they're like, oh my God, get montes Ford out of there. They're starting to feel that way, but I don't think it's at a boiling point and really the tag team division as a whole is always thin just by default, and they're one of the few credible tag teams. So I think that you're gonna have the Street Profits win. Roman Reigns is going to lose his mind on SmackDown that he's you know, they're they're disrespecting the family and you know, all all that kind of thing. But you know, the usso's title reign isn't as important as Roman reigns his title reign, and we'll get to that. So I think the Street Profits win, and again not confident at all, but just enough to say the Street Profits will win. And I think it's going to be a really good match. I don't think it's going to live up to the Money in the Bank Classic, only because it's really really difficult to duplicate a match like that, where sometimes you just have to have all the ingredients come together just at the right time with the right people and have the right amount of time. I think it's going to be a B plus to a minus match, but it's gonna be I don't think wrestling wise, it's going to be a duplicate of Money in the Bank. So there you go, Street Profits win and.
Speaker 3: I think we just talked about Jeff Garre just might be wrong.
Speaker 4: From my perspective, I think they just added him in the match for two reasons. Number when he's from that hinters the field right outside of Nash Beet, so I think it's a ticket sale.
Speaker 3: And also he's gonna be going against.
Speaker 4: Uh Rick playing his last match, yeah, which is going to be crazy to see.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to see that. I'm so scared for Rick Flair, Like I'm just I.
Speaker 3: Want to get tickets. I mean, honestly, that's yeah, I go. I mean, you don't never want.
Speaker 4: To you know, you hate to see the last greatest hits. But I mean if the man, I don't want to see him die. But it means if if it did happen, you want to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's I mean, I guess that's true. To talk about a silver lining, that's a silver lining. Yeah. So if he craps out, yeah yeah, I mean I was.
Speaker 3: I was in the crowd when it happened. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's true. You'll it's it's like you'll always remember where you were, you were, what you were doing that moment, right, I mean true, that is very true, you'll be there for his absolutely historic moment. So what did you do this weekend? I was in I was in the crowd. Rick Player dropped dead. Uh you know it's like so not gonna would Yeah no, no, you know, like I hope he puts on as a performance that it never won, as safe as it could possibly be and also one that isn't a complete degradation of his career. And it's gonna be difficult to do. How old is Rick Flair?
Speaker 4: He's got he's what seventy's seventy three three? But I mean think about his move shit, he was just body lamp and tops and figure four.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, he wasn't doing four to fifty splashes. Yeah, yeah, that's true. Suicide dives. Yeah, so that's true. Yeah, his move set does lend itself to to somebody of that age. If you're gonna do it, I guess that's as safe as a move set as you can do. But yeah, that's okay. Yeah, all right, Well if you do go, you know, get your cameras out, because you know, you never know. We wish we would do. I do wish Rick fro the absolute best I have to say, you know, and I'll be interested to watch it, and maybe I will. So all right, let's get to it. Three more matches and we'll be closing it out here. Bobby Lashley versus Theory, the United States Championship on the line. Who wins this.
Speaker 3: Y' all might fivey last.
Speaker 4: I think he retains the same reason as I picked for the last pl I just don't see it.
Speaker 3: Beating Bobby Clean.
Speaker 4: You know, I think Theory's gonna have a rough night. Not giving away my diictions for later, but I think Theory has a rough night.
Speaker 3: I think he lose to the Almighty. You know.
Speaker 4: That's all I got for y'all here. He is a great person, though, let me put that out there.
Speaker 3: Theory is great.
Speaker 4: Twenty four year old man out they're handling business. I think he's better than Randy Orton at this age. I mean, he and to not be a generational superstar. It's crazy. He can go on to Mike, he can have the crowd in the palm of his hands. He's in four different huge right now on two different shows, with the Championship being one of them, United States Championship being.
Speaker 3: The sickond one.
Speaker 4: Thus, Ziggler's getting clout just from hitting him, you know, and he's great, So you know, Theory he should be the young and up cover wrestl of the Year.
Speaker 3: Great gimmick, great guy, great attitude, and.
Speaker 4: You know, I've seen an interview with him outside of wrestling, and he's a really great guy.
Speaker 3: He's not that type of person in real life. He's genuine. He's not Eric in Nakaki.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's a great person. So you know, Theory deserves it. But he's gonna lose this against all mic.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on this one. This is a more money safe match for those that urged it. I think that Lashly has got to be the heavy favorite here, uh and I think rightfully so. But Theory, I think is going to put up a good fight. He'll probably have a couple of moments to try to cheat to win. Lashly feels very comfortable as the United States Champion. It fits where he is right now. I'd still love to see him as actual, like on dispute a champion. I think he's capable of that. We've seen it. But if they're going to put him in a championship matchup and have him be champion, certainly the United States Championship is a nice place for Bobby. He just doesn't have a chance. They took him out of the United States Championship picture on purpose. They're not gonna give him the championship back and then have him also be mister money in the bank. It gets he gets too confusing. It feels like you don't have a direction for the character. And also like then where does Bobby go? Yeah, absolutely, Bobby Lashley retains here. Theory is gonna lose, and like you said, it could be a very rough night. I think we're on the same track there for the for the for that young man. But Theory is a guy is who is well ahead of his years. I mean he, like you said, the guy is better on the mic than the most of the roster. And that's talking about some even some guys that have been there five times as long as he has. He's got youth. He checks all the boxes of a guy that you'd want to build on in terms of a future WWE champion, a future main event of wrestle many he really has a you know, for all the crap we gave Vince about the segments with Austin Theory at the time in his office and the weird like five billion dollar egg that was on his at his desk at Survivors Series last year, and all this weird stuff he did with Theory basically degradating him in his office and all that. It was really a way to elevate him. And I kind of see why Vince did. The guy can talk, he's young, he looks the part. He like you said, I haven't seen many interviews outside of this, but I'll take your word for it. If he's a genuinely good guy. He does check every box.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So, Theory is a guy I think that is maybe probably in twenty twenty three, gonna be a future WWE champion.
Speaker 3: So yes, And one last thing about Theory, I love him.
Speaker 4: I cheer Theory, but it's great to see him get his answerable Yes. I mean when brock I'm not a brock fan, but when Brockley has some music here, I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, yes, yes, he's been a candidate.
Speaker 4: Miscu's rest fans like you cheering for Brock No, I'm cheering cause Theory he's gonna get five, two, three times Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's that's as good of a compliment as you can give a heel where you can respect how good he is, but you're not going to cheer him because he's a cool heel. You know, I'm not gonna sing along to his songs. I'm not gonna sing along and to his whatever his catchphrases. I'm not gonna say a town down or no like I want to see somebody beat his ass like that's a cop. That's his pig of a compliment as I can give the guy. So he's in a great space right now and he feels comfortable, doesn't feel like it's too much, too soon, it's it's amazing. So all right, Second to last match here Live Morgan versus Ronda Rousey SmackDown Women's Championship.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, a little damn lele.
Speaker 4: Well, this was tough for me too because I'm be honest people like Lee, But I got one hang up. I cannot see her beating Ronda Clean. That is my biggest hang up on the match. How does she beat Ronda Rousey clean? I don't see it. And unless she gets help from when heel.
Speaker 3: But even with.
Speaker 4: Bailey returning, she would return face. So you would need Ron to turn he feel somewhere in the match. Well, maybe you don't. I don't know, but I'm going with Rob, you know what I mean. It's a tough pick for me because I know Liv has you know, a slight momentum from the universe, as they like to say.
Speaker 3: I just don't see a beating around the Clean. So give me Ron.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say you're right one hundred percent about that. Where Live just I mean, there's just no way that they that anyone would believe that Live could beat Ronda Rowsey Clean. It's just which which is weird to say because usually that's what you'd say the other way around, where you shouldn't believe that a heel could beat a baby face clean. In this case, though, I think that Live, while she can't beat and shouldn't beat Ronda Clean, I think she somehow still hangs onto the belt. Now if she doesn't, Ronda Rowsey's gonna get Rona. Rolsey's probably gonna get boot out of the building anyway. I think it's gonna be a very Logan Paul reaction for Rowsey. I think it's gonna be that dynamic. Ronda Rowsey's gonna get booed, and I think she's gonna get booed pretty pretty badly in this matchup. I mean, like probably ninety ten percent for her ninety against So that said, though, you know, if she's the de facto heel in this match, then you could have a returning Bailey. But you're right, how does she return as a babyface if Rond is not really a heel? It gets kind of weird. I think Charlotte could maybe show up. You haven't heard much about her. You know, maybe Charlotte comes back to exact her revenge against Ronda, but I don't think people want to see Ronda Rowsey and Charlotte again. So or maybe Live just lucks out and maybe she's just she gets kind of a fluke victory where you know, I don't want to say count out or something like that, but I think that you could there's got to be a third party in this. This can't just be straight up. I think Bailey does actually return in this matchup to to distract Rowsey. We get to Live Morgan. She hits her oblivion, I think is her finish. She hits her finish, She pins Ronda because of the distraction from Bailey, And that's how it happens, because there's just no other way unless you're gonna have Live turnhill, which isn't happening.
Speaker 4: So that's bad that we're talking about a face champion that we don't think and beat somebody. Yeah, that shows the credibility. And last point, I feel like they're to be missed. They miss turning around the hill. They should have let Live cash in and let Ron the deal, but she put in an ankle.
Speaker 3: Lock should have let a win.
Speaker 4: The crowd would have totally crapped on Ron and they could have started her heel.
Speaker 2: Time always money. Yes, yes, I was waiting for them, like, oh that's right, there, do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they missed it, but hey all.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah no, I'm with you. I saw it. I'm and I was waiting and I was like my party was like oh cool, Like I hate ron A Rousey's champion. But if if they do this right now and Ronda taps Live, the crowd's gonna lose it. I'm like, what are you waiting for? And they didn't pull the trigger. They just had her shake her hand and it's like, what is this? So really, this whole program they on their promo and SmackDown is built on passion. Who has more passion like that's it. It's very bizarre. Uh So all right, let's get to it. The main event. Ron Roman reigns versus brock Lesner, Last Time, last match, Last man Standing. I gotta make sure I say it the right way. Uh, Last Man's Standing match for the undisputed WWE Universal Heavyweight twenty four to seven European Championship. What is your prediction on this one?
Speaker 3: I think of you.
Speaker 2: I think we've got it based on your your hints previously.
Speaker 3: But who wins? Hey?
Speaker 4: You know once again you detudes. We don't want Roman reigns everything. He's not gonna lose this Bill.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna lie you.
Speaker 4: Gad trips taken over could change the tradictory, but I don't think so. I think he's gonna be prop I think he gonna be Drew and class at the Castle. I think he's gonna be Randy when he comes back. I think he's gonna be whoever they put in front.
Speaker 3: Of him until next years wrestle might. I don't think no Bill comes off of him.
Speaker 4: I think they keep both the bulls on him. He stays, you know, understood the champion.
Speaker 3: I know everybody says I.
Speaker 4: Hate it for one of the bells off for guess what, deal with it. The Patriots was champion for years.
Speaker 3: Deal with it.
Speaker 4: The Yankees, deal with it. It's part of life. Rick Flatt was champion for three years, lost the bell for three months, and got it back for two more years.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Mont, You know it, was champion for seven years, lost the bell for a couple of years, and got it back.
Speaker 3: For five more.
Speaker 4: Is that's how it goes. And mister kassa wrestling fan world, I would have him lose the belt that next year Summer Slam, come back at the Royal and win it again at twenty twenty four US Mainium be champ for.
Speaker 3: Two more years. People, But deal with it. That that's the point of your champion. That's credibility. You didn't We don't change belt every three months, you know. So my money is on Roman. You know, Brock. This could be his last match. They're saying last is last match. This could be his last patch, so tune in. I think Theory does cash in.
Speaker 4: That'll be funny to see him beat up Theory during the match with some comic relief during it. But I think at the end, which is kind of crazy to see Brock lose a last man standing matter that he has to be knocked out for ten seconds, but get ready to watch him.
Speaker 2: Do you think Ziggler shows up? How does theory fail in the cash hen?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 2: What what happens there?
Speaker 4: I think he just comes in during the middle of match, and I honestly, I think Roman and Brons stop fighting each other and to start beating him up, which would be very fun of.
Speaker 3: The crowd would love it.
Speaker 4: Bron hits his lf o, Roman hiss the spear like they're trying to prove who's finishing is the worst.
Speaker 3: You know, you can get a little comic.
Speaker 4: Then they throwing my d rant, get back to fighting, and he comes back in and do it again.
Speaker 3: It's you know, it's how high funny. You know?
Speaker 4: Now you might see Dolph Ziggler during the Bobby Theory patch. You know that could happen. But that's my that's my prediction.
Speaker 3: Roman reigns entertained. What do you get?
Speaker 2: So, I'm also of the belief that Roman Reigns retains. The crowd's gonna, I mean, the crowd's gonna be really pissed about that, because this is a big stage. Yeah, and people are gonna be. But here's here's the thing. I think people are getting pissed more at Creative, not necessarily at the character Roman rains. I think they're getting pissed at Creative and they feel that the Monday Night Raw roster, the men's roster, is getting negatively affected by Roman Reigns holding both belts when he shows up one out of every three shows wrestled for the first time on Monday Night Ross since September of last year, only because it's Madison Square Garden. You know, he's beyond an absentee champion at this point and people are just tired of that. I think if he was at least here every other week and you know that kind of thing, it's just a problem that's compounding for a lot of fans. So, but that said, I think Roman Reigns retains. I expect a very violent match, a lot of you know, hard hitting chair shots and you know, steel steps and going through announced tables and ladders. Maybe who knows, and at the end of it, Roman Reigns retains. Do I think it's clean, Yeah, I do. I think it is clean, and I think Brocklesner goes away maybe until next year's WrestleMania. I don't think we see brock Lesner for quite some time after this, if ever, because his friend in Vince McMahon is obviously no longer with the organization, so probably Brocklesner goes away. I'd imagine Roman Reigns does beat him somewhat clean, but the USOS are also a wild card. Given this is an under this is a no DQ match, I think that the USOS will have some say in this, but I also believe that Theory will try to cash in. I think that Theory probably has a failed cash in, but doesn't actually cash in the briefcase. So where he's about, he's going to try to cash in when both guys are down and he hands it to the referee, and in exchange between him handing the briefcase to the referee and the bell ringing, he gets spirit or F five. Therefore the match never really started and he keeps the briefcase. But he's also not capable of actually cashing in, so they kind of get the best of both worlds, where he keeps the champ, it keeps the briefcase, but also it doesn't cash in because he's not capable of it because Brock f five to him or something before the bell rang for his cash in. So but the one thing that I will say, I would give it like a two out of ten chance that at the end of this where Roman Reigns is holding his championship up high, the crowd is booing that, and this is this is something I'd give a small chance of. Is the Rock coming out and not doing anything as far as physical, just staring at him and having a face off, and then we don't see the Rock for a while until obviously they have a close we get closer to WrestleMania thirty nine. I think that's possible of the Rock coming out just to set the table, so to speak, for the WrestleMania thirty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 4: Let me hear one of your points, because I've been talking about phoinicky wrestling fans for the past couple of days. Quick Ran wrestling fans are your finicky listeners, your finicky you wish you wash it. Last year people are saying, oh, I'm tired of Roman Raine saying insert city here, acknowledge me, Roman rains leaves.
Speaker 3: Oh now, we don't even get Roman Rans.
Speaker 4: They won't come to my city. Pap Roman Rings number one merchandise. So still every time you can see the shows, it's floodline apparel everywhere. When he goes to the shows, tickets sell out, raisings through the roofs. You tune in for Roman, They getting what they want. That's what your champion's supposed to do. He's supposed to be a draw. This is more And yes, it irritates some fans to say, well, we don't see him all the time, but guess what when you do see him as special like a champion supposed to be. Now what I like to see Romans say in certain city here, acknowledge me every time Friday and Monday. Yes, but guess what, it's okay just acknowledge him when he tells you to.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm fully on the Roman Range train. You know.
Speaker 4: I like what he's doing. It does suck that he's not around as much. But like I said, when you see him as special the MHG Show, you got to see him three times.
Speaker 3: When the last time you seen.
Speaker 4: Roman Range three times and get the wrestle once, I mean that never happens. You know, had in his last two matches been on free TV against Real Lansmackdown against the Trip of the six Man Tag on Raw. So you're even getting free opportunities to see your champion, appreciate what you do, what he does, acknowledge him when he comes out, put you once in the air.
Speaker 3: And that's how I feel about it.
Speaker 4: If you don't want Roman champion anymore, you want to pull the belt off of him and stop buying this stuff. You stop buying this stuff, don't buy his shirt. If FW's not making money off of him, trust they put.
Speaker 3: A built off of you.
Speaker 4: But as long as he's still selling out, you're gonna see Roman Reins hold both build.
Speaker 2: Yeah, merchandise sales, which is why the New Day's still together. Somehow they're there. They must be profitable from you know, a children's perspective, because yeah, they continue to be a group eight years later, which is just infuriating. But I think that Roman Reigns definitely is. And the thing is with Roman Reigns, people look at him as you know, he's holding this belt hostage. And I understand that people you know that that that's that's the point of Roman rains. He's supposed to piss you off. And people are saying, oh, he's here too much, now he's not here enough, and you're never gonna make anybody happy. It's just in WW knows this that that's the way fans are. But I also think that you could kind of have your cake and eat it too here where you could still have him. And I know you said no to this, but you could have him take the WWE championship and you could have him somehow. I don't even know how or care honestly, how they would do it, which is just how just get it there is, put the belt back on Raw, give Raw a champion. I mean, right now, they don't have a championship to compete for. And if they're not going to take the belt off of Roman until WrestleMania or beyond that, then you know, Raw is just kind of sitting high and dry. Unless they also don't do the brand split this year, If they don't do the draft, which essentially has been dead for many months anyway, with people constantly crossing over for with no reason, no explanation, it's not even acknowledged anymore, then then find that okay, you have one championship for the one brand, you don't have a brand split. Then I would understand a little bit more, but I think it's just more of that. Now they're negatively affecting other guys. It's not just about Roman and his story, which has been very good. It's now hurting the career of Seth Rollins or Kevin Owens or whoever else wants to compete for that championship with Roman is there, you know, one out of every three smackdowns in every other pay per view, And I.
Speaker 4: Can understand that, but once again, if they get rid of the Bland split, what will people say if it's no more brand split. If you if it's one championship for all you in the same boat, and then you can't take the belt off of.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like, I understand the state, well, give Raw a championship, but RALL.
Speaker 3: Hadn't had a champion.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest, bro hadn't had a champion since January since Big E. They put it on bro They put it on Bobby for two weeks and put it right back on Bron and Brock came to what one Raw before Russelemania. So this has been a problem for RONG before Roman reigns.
Speaker 3: I'm happy with it, and I can't see why people ain't.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that Seth Ronalds would be champion if the championship was on Rock. I don't think Ko will be the champion of championship was on Raw. Yeah, I don't think. Yeah, I don't think. No, God it needs the elevation right now, would be champion on rauh So that's why I'm kind.
Speaker 3: Of okay, But I wish Cody was there. Cody was there, I'd be saying, yeah for the championship, Cody hold.
Speaker 2: Right now, I hear you.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I think that with the Roman Rags storyline, like they've made their point. I mean, how much him being champion for now seven hundred days or seventeen hundred days, they've kind of done everything they can do with it. I feel like it's like, okay, point made, this is a historic run. Cool. Yeah we are, Yes, we want to see people beat up Roman reigns. That's how we should feel, and so they've done that. But at some point there's got to be a breaking point where Roman runs through everyone he could possibly run through, unless you're gonna cycle back and do everyone again. I mean, it's just kind of like they've done almost everything they can do with Roman Reigns. It's it's reached the point where, okay, can we give it to somebody, and also we can actually have championship matches on pay per views, and right now I think it's actually got it. While it was a big positive for a while, it's actually a net negative now. Even though Roman Reigns is champion. I get why. There are massive benefits to that, there also are a bunch of like half the roster is being completely hijacked by Roman Reigns and his w w's decision to put both belt on both belts on Roman and then taking them and essentially sitting at home since wrestling, he's defended it once since WrestleMania. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, one, you're right, and I agree, but also let's look at the glass half fool. It's given other guys a chance to shine. You're getting tag team matches as main events, you're getting US championship matches or by the last main events, you're getting to see theory more. It's putting a lot of more gas in better positions that they wouldn't be otherwise. I don't think I don't think that it's actually hurting anybody to not be.
Speaker 3: Champion right now.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's nobody who deserves to be champion on Raw to a point where they need to build.
Speaker 3: You know, a champ.
Speaker 4: This is what a champion is supposed to be. And I think, like I said, that's the biggest problem. You see women's championship change hands a lot. Bicky held it for a while and so to Charlotte. But Roman is giving you a championship run. Yes, it's making fans, you know, irritated because all man, he's got the.
Speaker 3: Raw belt to get a brall bill back. But guess what he wants that too.
Speaker 4: He wants all eyes on Roman rans and if they get rid of the brand split, it'll really be a non starter. I think you really would be sick and saying, oh we never get the built off book.
Speaker 3: Now. I agree. I see all your fans on you. Let you listen to advice that mister casshrestla fan.
Speaker 4: Trust me, I get where you're coming from. I remember JBL being champion.
Speaker 3: I couldn't stand JBA and that that hurt me.
Speaker 4: So if you don't like Roman champion, I totally get how this can infuriate you and just say, God.
Speaker 3: Get it over with.
Speaker 4: But guess what, it's a lighted in the tunnel, bro, We're not gonna be champion for the next ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah Vince was still here, maybe yeah, so maybe.
Speaker 3: You know, but you know, with Timple H's coming in, it could be a change in direction. Maybe they pull both build top or room.
Speaker 4: Maybe a thousand days isn't as an important anymore without Pa who knows. But if it was up to miscasteralist playing, he'd be championing this damn next year.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my god, hearing that probably just sent shivers down everyone's fine. Just imagine Roman a year from now still champion. That's a that's a hard pill to swallow. Yeah, but I understand, you know, I get it. And the thing is, we'll never we'll never know really what Vince had planned and what Triple H is changing and what he's not or maybe the storylines that Vince continued he's gonna just see them through, or he's changed. We won't know because we don't know what Vince's original plans were versus what Triple H wants to do or you know, we don't know, so everything, even though he's a head of creative Maybe he's just adopting what Vince wanted to do and he's going to continue to do it. Who knows, you know, But uh, look, Roman Reigns is champion is probably going to be the case, at least through a thousand days. I hate, I know people don't want to hear that, but there's seventy some percent of the way there. There are well exactly seventy percent of the way there as of Sunday, they will be exactly seventy percent. You don't think they're just going to go the extra thirty percent and get to a thousand days. They're going to get there, and I know people are gonna lose their minds, but it's going to happen. Now. Well, before I get to one last thing, I want to ask you, do you have anything else that you want to say about the Roman Reigns brock Lessler matchup really quickly?
Speaker 4: If they're getting to Roman Reigns holding the bill a thousand days, he.
Speaker 3: Has to be champion this time next year.
Speaker 2: So cute ready, Yeah, I'm not gonna be.
Speaker 3: Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah that's very true. All right, Yeah, I'm gonna eat those words. But I could see WWE doing it because they love themselves some round numbers, and when, really, when is the next time you're gonna have this opportunity to even talk about a thousand day champion. You're never gonna have this opportunity again, at least, I don't think in the modern era fans don't have the patience for it. Somebody like this, like Roman reigns, like the run he's had, comes along once in a generation. I'm not saying he's a generational star like Stone Cold or The Rock. He's not quite that, but in terms of being able to put it on somebody that you can trust and it feels right and he's on a hell of a run, you're not gonna have this opportunity again. So I think they're looking at it as we either do it now with a thousand day run, or we don't maybe ever get this opportunity again for you know, ten years, twenty years.
Speaker 3: Uh So he might retire after this thing that Roman lost this time next year and retired, just hung it up and see it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't know m hm, yeah it this will go down, you know, once he drops the bell. I mean, I'm sure they're doing you know, documentaries and filming crews and all that they should because this is a historic run absolutely and and and there will be eventually some massive documentary uh done on this run with Roman reigns and the behind the scenes stuff and and Romans comments on it. Maybe they do, like you know, day one hundred, day two hundred three or four five, six ofven. You know, they could do a nice documentary on this. So all right, let's uh, I gotta ask you one more thing. A match that's not even on the card because it's it was taken off Riddle and Seth canceled. And the reason that we're going to be given is because Riddle was injured from the attack from Seth on Raw, which is a ca FA, it's not real, but that will be the reason we're given. So h that said, with Rollins, supposedly now it's not confirmed here on the on the card, but if Rollins does have somebody that he's going to face at SummerSlam, or he has some kind of impact, he has to show up at SummerSlam. It'd be really disappointing if he doesn't. What does he do or who does he face?
Speaker 3: Go out? Good question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, first, I don't know why they took the match off the card.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think they was going in code. I think they had a good storyline leading up. I was gonna choose Riddle to win, you know. I thought they would have been a good spot to put it Riddle over. I don't know who they even let in face. I don't know where Randy Wharton is with his injuries. Supposedly that would be a great candidate for me and probably be my number one candidate. And Randy Warten came out to the facing forget reddle it's Randy. But outside of Randy, I mean, I don't it don't make sense for Edge, it don't make sense for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: KO don't make sense.
Speaker 2: Cody, Yeah, I was thinking the only thing and I know, Cody, I know. But here's the thing, Cody, I still don't think it's gonna happen. But given the fact that he was able to compete with that injury, I don't think he'd be stupid enough to risk it if it wasn't safe. I would hope, but but wwe. I think a lot of times overinflates what they tell fans about the injury, recovery time and They purposefully do that because when the star comes back earlier, it's more of a surprise. It makes them look like they're superhuman. Like, you know, we said he was gonna be out for nine months and he's back in four when in reality the recovery time was three to four months. You know, that's probably what the doctor's saying.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not a doctor. I don't know exactly what was done on Cody. I don't know exactly the diagnosis. I wasn't the one doing the surgery. I am not the one advising him of the recovery time. But I think there's a small chance because they wouldn't cancel this match with Riddle and Monday Night Raw on the go home show to Summer Slam and then cancel this match if they didn't have a really big reason for it. And could it be Cody Rhoads really small chance if some miracle, he's actually okay to compete, or at least confront Seth, if he comes out for a promo. Maybe you know, we have Cody Rhades show up in some capacity. I think that's possible. Maybe they don't fight, but he confronts them, uh, Or we have Randy like you said, I think Randy's closer than closer than Cody Roads is to returning. But I just can't imagine Summer Slam with Seth not on it, and you know, purposefully having this match canceled just to have set Set at home.
Speaker 4: I'll say this, if it's Cody, I'm here for. I'd love to see Cody. I hope how long has the been. It's been with three months? It was helen to sell it was that two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so yeah right in three months? Well, oh these two is kind of closer two months. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, if he could come back on forward, even in the promo capacity, I love to see it.
Speaker 3: Cody Road, that's my favorite paper base.
Speaker 4: He's great, feel bad for. I mean, it seems like Seth is always in the background.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I hear people saying put him in a triple threat match with Rock and Roman, but I don't want to see that. I won't Seth to have his own path. But I think Seth and Riddle would have had a great match. I mean, they both do really good together. But if it ain't Riddle, if it ain't Randy, you me Cody, I take.
Speaker 2: Cod I think the more that I talk about it. I think what will happen is we get Seth coming out, maybe not in a match, and again, guys, maybe it's announced on SmackDown or something that Rollins does have a mystery opponent on at the event. And if that's the case, then obviously we're totally wrong here, or at least what my prediction is is totally wrong that we have Rollins come out if he doesn't have a schedule match. He comes out, he starts running in his mouth about how he injured Riddle, he does his laugh, the people sing along to his music. He's dressed ridiculously, which I love his outfits. And then we have Cody Rhoades's music hit and he comes out and you know, in a sling and you know there's no physicality, but he cuts a scathing promo on Seth about when he's back what he's going to do to him. Cody Rhoads is very capable of, you know, verbally sparring with the best of them, and I think that that's possible where there's no physicality, given that Cody can't do anything, but there's a way to set up a match that can could happen at Rumble or the way all the way to wrestle Mania. I think there's there's something that you could do there, you know, But that's my thought.
Speaker 3: As long as it's not Ezekiel lives.
Speaker 2: Oh God, please, that's the only victory Seth is gotten lately. Is over is Ezekiel. I mean it's amazing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and when they did their last thing, that was cool.
Speaker 4: But yes, now I'll take Cody, I'll take Randy outside of it. I don't know who you put Againstiff, Like you said, I start him coming out and his talking prayp and I love his song, so I'm saying along too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think unintentionally it's a sing along song. I mean, the fans just gravitated to it as a heel. You don't want people to sing along to your stuff. They shouldn't be, you know, doing the nursery rhymes with you. It just shouldn't happen. But it's something that I think when if Seth it returns babyface this this song is gonna explode. Already has. But so beyond everything that we've talked about, is there anything SummerSlam wise that you wanted to bring up that could happen? What happens should happen.
Speaker 4: How about I asked you to go a question for you, who do you think surprises at Thomaslam by they any surpris eperis I know you said possibly to Rock Bailey, Yeah, anybody else?
Speaker 2: I yeah, I mean so, in terms of returns, big returns, big surprises, here's the order in which I think the likelihood of each return will happen. I think Edge is almost a guarantee. I'd say like a ninety percent chance of Edge returning, maybe even higher than that. I think Edge is if you're going to talk about returns, Edge is at the top of the possibility list. I think Bailey is a next chance of coming back. I'd give her like fifty percent fifty to fifty that she returns at SummerSlam. Then I would give Charlotte maybe like a forty percent chance of returning at at SummerSlam. I give Randy Orton maybe like a twenty five percent chance of returning, and then I'd give the Rock like a you know, ten to twenty percent chance of returning to confront Roman Reigns to set up WrestleMania thirty nine. So outside of that, I don't know who else could possibly be returning from an injury standpoint or a debut standpoint.
Speaker 3: I just you know.
Speaker 2: Oh and Cody Roads. I'd give Cody Rhoads like a thirty percent chance of coming out if Seth Rollins doesn't have a scheduled match. So what about you.
Speaker 3: It's fun. It's fun to have if we're still talking about The Rock. I mean years later, we've been forever, we've been dissing The Rock coming back.
Speaker 4: Oh Lord, twenty twenty one, and then we said, okay, now we're out of COVID, he's coming back for real.
Speaker 3: Now we're in the stadium.
Speaker 2: One of these times we have to be right. I mean, it's like we keep to predicting it. We're gonna be right at some point.
Speaker 3: He broke blocked right twice a day. That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I mean I'm in the boat with your pigs.
Speaker 3: Age. Yeah, I think Age is a big pick to come back.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's funny we to see no being yet for him this week though. That's what we'll say that and maybe they give us one on SmackDown. But yeah, Edge Hound that at Bailey Hound that it's.
Speaker 3: Hard with Sharwott because you know she's gonna be in town anyway, But I don't see them.
Speaker 4: She's not gonna interfere in the leave man because Aaron Ronda they went twice already or three times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I don't want to see that in the more so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, Bailey, Hot Chance, Edge, hat Chance Rock one percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where it's that for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't think of anybody else's possibly returning. And you know, if I was to be just a common sense, most likely what's gonna happen, you'll just have an Edge return, uh, And and probably no others, you know, But I hope that WWE has a few tricks up their sleeve. They do have a few other returns in mind. And do I think all of these are gonna happen. No, I'd give again, like two out of the five that I just gave you are are gonna happen. Uh. And I think that Edge and Bailey are at the top of that list. So all right, well, very very good. I think this is a lot of fun. You and I need our need our sleep now because we are both tired from our day of work and family and everything else. So but before we go, guys, if you haven't checked out the mailbag yet, please do the Casual Wrestling Fan and missus Casual Wrestling Fan do a takeover show every single pl E Slash pay per view week. So the next one will be at Clash at the Castle, which I think when the hell is clashing?
Speaker 3: Isn't it like that September?
Speaker 2: I don't. I think it's August. It's bizarre. I think I have to google this because I think Clash at the Castle in Wales is let me do it, Clash at the Castle it is? Uh, why isn't it telling me what it is or when it is? Oh? So, oh no, no it is. It's September third. I thought it was at the end of August. So September third in Cardiff, Wales. Yeah, so that'll be the next time guys that the takeover show will take place. But before we go, do you have anything else that you that you wanted to close with?
Speaker 3: Let me do two things.
Speaker 4: Let me get some quick shoutouts and then I got one one request from you. You donna give some clickbait, but first and get shout out to Tommy as Castle Wrestling Cruise, shout out to the patron Castle Wrestling Cruise, shout out to my boy Detroit cow Castle Wrestling Crew.
Speaker 3: Shout out the Perma five cow Man. We read to a letter right here on the show man, I expect some love for that. Shout out the trash Man. Tweety Over at w t f W podcast, they do a big job that I mean and mean and real grim brief for two. He real cool, So shout out to him. Alex the French guy. He could too. Now, Matt, let's give the people some clickbait. Okay, let's give them you can you can prelude this at the beginning of your show, and you ain't gonna want to do it. But come on, Matt, say.
Speaker 2: Goo, I come on, come on.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't. My mind, my heart, my soul will not allow it. I can't do it. I should you got it.
Speaker 3: I can't do that. You can stay at the beginning. Say hey, listen, and I say that I say a special word.
Speaker 2: I refuse. I refuse, I mean your connections breaking up. I don't know it's telling me. I think my laptop is at one percent. I'm just about to say it too. So oh man, maybe one of these days, maybe we know I'll do is just like have a few drinks before I come on here. That's our That's your best chance, everybody for me to get there is if I have, like, you know, a few beers before I come on the show, which could also be very disastrous for this podcast. But you'd also you might get that out of me. So there's that. So uh, I can't. I can't do it. If the fans want it enough, maybe I will. Maybe you guys want to take a voter something I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll see there is it?
Speaker 4: Also, everybody gon want you to join my career in the.
Speaker 3: The fantasy football League? Do so join?
Speaker 2: E Oh I did get something on that. Yeah, I have my own fantasy league here with some of my friends and family. But yeah, I've gotten really into that the last few years. So uh is that on the on the discord chat or something?
Speaker 3: Yes? All right? All right? Cool?
Speaker 2: Very good guys, well and very good Scotti Rusling Fan. A lot of fun here, so enjoy the event and looking forward to our next conversation, hopefully sooner than later.
Speaker 3: Sounds good. Remember a batty you the tubes, we the ones, mister casures Fan, Miss gasureth and hey man, you can end us.
Speaker 2: Out of here absolutely, Thank you so much, buddy. We'll be in touch and looking forward to seeing what you have to say in the discord server. So you have a good night, Yes, sir, you too, take care. Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast.
Speaker 4: Until then, we'll see you next time.