Speaker 1: You lend some acid. Oh, no, thanks, we don't do that stuff.
Speaker 2: You will.
Speaker 1: There's a reason most San Francisco kids take a lot of drugs. It's the only thing that allows us to deal with our parents all walking around loving to smell of their own farts all the time.
Speaker 2: Everything okay in here, Kyle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, find dad so.
Speaker 3: Much better here with intellectuals, isn't it boys, M.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe I'll take just half a hit of acid.
Speaker 2: I am free kick egg.
Speaker 4: Welcome to going down to South, part of the podcast where we always have our cells the time, and this week where heat to get our smugness on.
Speaker 2: It is smuggler and I am guy. Yes, welcome to the podcast where we like to think we're part of the solution, a part of the problem. I just thought as far if you want to smell it, No, I don't think we we should have each other's far so. No, you've got to only half your own spoiler moments, No thanks, I think that's everyone's favorite moment in these episode. That really for a long time after this episode you hear a lot of big sick.
Speaker 4: It's very cousin Kyle, isn't it.
Speaker 2: But it's a really great encapsulation of yeah, just how smug you might feel when you are not only doing the right thing, but definitely seen doing the right thing, which is, as we know, the most important thing.
Speaker 4: I feel.
Speaker 2: It's not enough to just you know, be good. You have to be seen doing good.
Speaker 4: This episode aired twenty years ago, right, twenty years ago. This is ed twenty years ago. Two days ago. Oh my god. As we record this, we recalled yeah, yes, so we were recording this thirty vest much. But as we record this, the world's going through a bit of a crisis where the fuel prices are going out right.
Speaker 2: And I was about to say, what kind of crisis this time?
Speaker 4: And I've got friends who have a Tesla electric car. Oh, like, this is why I've bought an electric car. I'm like, well, that's fucking nice for you to have money in buy an electric car. Good for you, buddy, Really, pigs, did you actually say good for you?
Speaker 2: I hope you did say that.
Speaker 4: I was just like, yeah, I couldn't afford one. And I was just kind of like, eh, yeah, you're gonna call them out on it, Well you do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know a few people who have got electric vehicles to hybrid vehicles and they have never said anything about nothing. No, you will occasionally have the odd outline, especially these days, especially twenty years down the track. I mean we're all a little more familiar with evs and that. But no, pretty much everyone I know is like, got a tesla, got an EV.
Speaker 4: They go home and like Drenking, their jealous of that. They know, oh yeah, should we tell.
Speaker 2: Them that they know if you know, yeah, they know we're better. But yeah, it's interesting looking at this episode twenty years down the track and they're sort of like sand friend No, no different, No, pretty much, I don't know. You hear stories from boots on the ground in San Francisco. I was like, it's kind of a hell hole. Now you've either got.
Speaker 4: Every to every city has its little section that a hall hole.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, geelong sixty percent.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think the ment this is just the reputation that I get from outspeeding on the outside. It seems that like Portland feels like the HIPSTERI ish place now right A bit Yeah, everyone goes to Portland because I think the Simpsons of a mock that went to Portland. Everyone's a giant hipster.
Speaker 2: Austin A bit like that. As well. Okay, I haven't heard Austin. I've definitely heard of Portland, though Austin, Texas apparently got a bit hipsterish as well. Okay, yeah, but looking at this episode, yeah, twenty years on talk about evs, and also you're in that gas guzzling thing. Is like, no one seems to be driving a regular car these days. You're either in some modern technological electric wonder or you're in a ram, you're in a ram dodge. It's like, can't we just drive cars a black, gray or a white car? Well, correct, say the occasional blue one, very muted blue, but yeah, you're right, either black, white, or gray.
Speaker 4: We drove past the petrol station the other day and obviously everyone's just panicking buying of the fuel. Now he goes, look all those cars are black, and I'm like, that's so depressing.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 4: I'm not racist against car color, but it was just like every car looked the same and it was black.
Speaker 2: And all those cars were white. I was just like, we're all the same. Now, we are very no personality in vehicles anymore. No, No, you've just got to be your personality with your own personality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this episode. I enjoyed this more than last the last episode, the Return of Chef. This one felt more like you can just enjoy it because you've lived, you've experienced the world, and everyone's come across someone who's smug because they've got to be vehic.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even have to be a vehicle.
Speaker 4: That's something about a bigger TV or just something it's like, you know, oh we've got solar patanels or just something I'm better for the environment. And but even if it's not just better for the environment, just bragging about having something that you don't have, yeah, and means smug about it. We can all appreciate.
Speaker 2: That something that you do that makes you I'm a moral are Yeah, it makes you morally superior. Yeah, there's naturally there's nothing wrong in doing these things. Often these things are actually really good. They're a net positive. That's what these are good for you is what's really bad. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I think that's that's the point of this whole episode, is that no electric car is good, very good. Don't be dickheads about it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, and I mean yeah, you could put that frame of thinking on just about anything. Yeah, but this happens to Yeah, electric cars happened to be the or hybrids happened to be the topic at the time.
Speaker 4: It's very at the topic now Tesla's and electric cars. It's not as much don't become the normal, hasn't it. If someone says I've got an electric car, you kind of like, have you Yeah, that's great, good for you? Don't Oh, how's the power on that?
Speaker 2: Great? You make conversation about it for five minutes and then you move on.
Speaker 4: Because there was a time where someone said had an electric car and im mentally thought fad.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were about to call them something that Parker and Stone would normally.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's a fad. Yeah, it's a fad. You know of course you are, you know well or better than me.
Speaker 2: Was like, Wow, you're a person from the future. What's it like driving your yes car that doesn't rely on an internal combustion engine. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: But the Simpsons mocked electric cars. When Homer goes to drive an electric car and they have they give them the drippy voice.
Speaker 2: You're like, I'm in a natric car. When you drive one, everyone thinks you're gee and you're like.
Speaker 4: That's that's like a two thousand and one episode of the Simpsons. Okay, so there was obviously that mentality of you know, you're a wuss, I guess if you drive. But was that just a mentality that was sort of positioned out there to go, no, keep buying fuel, fuels very good, guys.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little from column A, a little from Columbe. Yeah. I think you probably had Big Fuel or Big Petrol is going trying get the message out of there that this thing is either a fad or it's woosy or whatever. Keep people buying fuel. We're hurting. I mean, I'm not gonna, not gonna lie. I wish I had a hybrid now, Oh sure, Yeah, Nicholas, mum's got a hybrid and she's fine. Fuel price is going up. She doesn't care. She just charged the car. True, We've got to realize that energy costs are going to go up there. I mean, yeah, it's not like wow, everything's free now, it's like electricity still costs.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure they're charging up your Tesla or you're ev I mean, you don't have solar panels. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh I do think.
Speaker 2: I walked into that one.
Speaker 4: It was one of our things. When we built the house, they said you had to have a certain amount of solar panels. And then it got to a point where I was like, it was a scheme that I had that the government or whatever. And they're basically like, if you invest, now, I.
Speaker 2: Think you've found it pronounced scam scam.
Speaker 4: They they basically said, buy these and eventure. And now it's at the point where between the hours of ten am and three pm, all you literacity in this house is free.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I'm all for solo.
Speaker 4: Don't But that's because we did it fourteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was now fourteen when we moved in. How long it goes that?
Speaker 2: Twelve years ago? Fuck, I mean for twelve years. Yeah, twelve years.
Speaker 4: So we got there twelve years ago and it's only just now starting to pay off for us, you know, but it's paid off for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But no, No, soul was great. I'm on, yeah, dripping energy sauce glass in the sun and you'll fuel ship. That's great. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Nicholas like, always do the washing between ten and three, Always do the dishwashers between ten and three, And you were like, yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am, Yes, sir, boss, that's the kids in your favorite saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, so boss, Wow, what's that from?
Speaker 4: I have no idea. I think i'd be blue. It's usually from Bluey Everything from everything bloy okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, in the next generation of four Finger, discount will be It's the Bluey Show with Elliot Dando.
Speaker 4: Well, the kids asked me the other day, they said, can we start a blue podcast of your mum?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, sure, why not? Yeah? Do I get a cut of that?
Speaker 4: I don't know, probably not, but yeah, So overall I thought this was in a job episode. I particularly like the jokes based at San Francisco with the people who live in San Francisco smelling their own farts. They didn't really give much to the kids. They sort of played up the old were always on drugs. But maybe there wasn't much humor to be found there.
Speaker 2: I always thought there was more to it. Yeah, yeah, watching this episode, I was like, I thought, thought we spent more time with the kids and how they're all messed up. Maybe the episode that I'm watching has stuff cut out of it or whatever, But yeah, you thought they would be a little more on that. But yeah, I did like how it's funny how you tie your identity to the city that you're in, or you move to a certain place because you think, oh, this is going to reignite or sort of reboot my identity. I spent a bit of time in San Francis, and not when I say a bit of time, I mean a couple of weeks, a couple of years ago. It struck me as a really nice play.
Speaker 4: Was it the only time we'd been there?
Speaker 2: No, I've been there once when I was a kid. I think we were mugged.
Speaker 4: I went there in twenty sixteen for a honeymoon. I spent a week there. Yeah, and I've mentioned on the podcast I never forget when it looks it was a lovely place, felt great. And we went into corners and we're about to enter the homeless district and we literally just turned a corner and it was just a shanty town.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, how does this happen? It's just around the corner. I know, this is a nice street. Everyone's having dinner ound the streets.
Speaker 2: I go around the corner, people lining up for food steps, what the hell? Yeah, cit he's very well integrated a little bit, but It's like, do these people who live in like this this district, there's no you're not how to go around the corner? Like what is this?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Why are they all here? Like there's no wall blocking them from going there, but they're all here.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, I mean what do they just get the stink eye? Do they get to the cops sort of on standby all the time. Have they been socially conditioned like well I better not cross over to that side of the street or you know, get your I'll get father. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But so there's a tour bus and then all these people at the window going.
Speaker 2: Click, look honey booms. Yeah, some of those San Francisco booms. I've read so much.
Speaker 4: I'm not laughing at homeless people. Oh no, other people who are stupid taking photos of them.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: I look at many people are lining up for shelter tonight. I was like, it's actually depressing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I don't remember. I actually don't want to remember this. Yeah, but you can't forget.
Speaker 4: But San Francisco lovely place. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean overall we went to the I think it was P thirty nine. Do you go to P thirty nine or whatever? It's called the peers.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of peers. Was was this the one that had all like the shops and stuff on that I think we're on per thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice place.
Speaker 2: It wasn't too bad.
Speaker 4: I've got scammed there there. That's where I bought mentioning on last week we're talking about Star Wars. Well, a couple of weeks we're talking about Star Wars. The I bought the Star Wars cast sign post I've mentioned on the podcast before, and silly me just fell for a hook. I got it all signed in the same pen with the same handwriting. I was like, this doesn't look real, but still you're I know. I threatened them and they were like, oh no, this is this is it. And I was like, well, I work in radio and I know Mark Hamill and he told me this is fake. And they set me back a full refund.
Speaker 2: But I don't understand. You buy it's because you know you're in you're in your honeymoon and you've.
Speaker 4: Got money to spend. Close doorphins, Yeah, of course don't. And then I rollod them up and it's like I always google.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: The first thing came up was like do not buy from these people favorite moments from this episode.
Speaker 2: I was wondering to people actually do the fake ticket thing. I'm guessing this must have been something that actually happened, that extremists would have done. Maybe it feels like I can't. I'm sorry to name check. It's a different organization altogether, but it feels like the kind of thing that Peter might do. People for the ethic treatment of animals. That again, that's an organization with a righteous cause, but the tactics they use are sometimes Now it's one offers a dick hole, which is actually one of my favorite favorite moments, just like Gerald being referred to as opposite dick hole. Obviously, the thinks was the big part for me, of course, Yeah yeah, thanks, thanks is a huge part of this episode. The whole eyes shut thing when you're trying it's so true. We've got a couple of friends. It's more like the partner of one of nicholas friends. We have this. I love how you're giving yourself so much distance, but.
Speaker 4: We have this, like Nicola have this inside joke of you know, everything he says is right, and when he's making his point he closes his eyes and blinks really slowly. Just to sort of emphasize I know what I'm talking about here, guys. It's just we're go up there and it's just and you know, and he closed his eyes, were like, oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still associating with these people. And I did like the use of the term global laming. Yeah, it's not smug. It's smug at least a global laming.
Speaker 4: We also haven't touched on, by the way, before we get into the Tribune and whatnot, touched on the George Clintey aspectly shots spied at Clooney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a friend of the friend of the show. Yes, not the show.
Speaker 4: He would be if you want to come on and come by all meats, come on the showy. But you know, he voiced the dog what was the dog's name, spark yea, both it was, And he voiced the doctor in the film Bigger, Longer Around Cut has always taken, you know, the humor of South Park the way it should be taken. They asked me to voice the dog and a voice the gay dog. I don't care what want to be a part of this. He apparently had no issue with their using this. So the speech here was from the seventy eighth Awards, I believe, And it's just him apparently, just sort of talking up celebrity, saying we're the ones that make a difference, and I guess they sort of tongue and cheat wanted to make fun of him as well.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean cluting's always well, certainly since he's been in the public, guy has been a fairly progressive kind of guy. Yeah. Yeah, this was his first and I think to to date only Oscar. What are you win it for? It's a Best Supporting Actor for the film Syriana. Okay, yeah, I remember that now. Yeah, good performance. When he got up and made this speech, he was talking about how Holly would have sort of taken the lead when it's come to progressive issues, and he was, oh, you know, we talked about aides before it was a subject that was really talked about. It Like, no, I think AIDS was fairly well talked about. Hollywood does mainstream a few sort of important issues or sort of socially relegive issues. But I get where he's coming from. I think his heart was in the right place, even though it could be certainly read as like that's a little bit toned there for that's a little bit self aggrandizing. I mean, good on him for like a year allowing them to go with it. It must have been recently. It would have been recent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean five sevent yeth Academy Awards were Yeah, that was much so it was that month okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, as we say, quick turnaround with South.
Speaker 4: And yeah, he took it with humor.
Speaker 2: I think he'd been around the block enough times ago.
Speaker 4: Look, I mean it's keeping him relevant.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Like I'm in a pretty good position here and I've got to take the hits.
Speaker 4: And I think the way you reacted to this dictates the perception to your younger audience as well.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the fact that he didn't care the younger audience is like, ah, okay, he must seems like a cool guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Now let's try to get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard.
Speaker 4: Trivia time for this episode hit me of your first question.
Speaker 2: Was about say, I only have three, but I've got more than that. What brand of hybrid car is Gerald driving? Because there's a plan to change it later on? Yeah, something five is it? Oh, it's actually got a brand name on the back. Ah, because he was driving the seven series. Yes, yeah, but he was seven series of what I don't know. It was called the Pious Pious play on.
Speaker 4: The Yes, my first question for you is what is the name of the first couple that they meet? First couple of times?
Speaker 2: I didn't write down any of these names. I'm sorry. It's Mindy McDonagh. Who Beaumont mcallaghan? Oh my god, yeah, it was just getting too much. Yes, but speaking of names, I'll give you one that's a little easier. The radio station playing stands quote unquote gay little song. What is its call sign? And for a bonus, what is its frequency? None of it? It's k x UV and it is put seven on your FM.
Speaker 4: DI.
Speaker 2: I did love the way he all right, oh, you dreamers in crime? I love that. I was gonna I'm going to start referring to the cheesey pools. Is our dreamers and cream It's just the voice to all right, are you dreamers and creamers out there in South Park? Well you do that pretty well. It's almost like a wettern radio either. Are you dreamers and creamers out there in South Park? Then?
Speaker 4: What is the name of stand song?
Speaker 2: Hey? Now, people, you got to drive hybrids and stuff. Is it you gotta drive hybrids and stuff?
Speaker 4: It's just I love the wayse like, hey people, now hey people, now hey people.
Speaker 2: We mentioned George Cliney's Oscar speech before. There is another Oscar winner name checked in the little bits of the speech that we hear in the smug Cloud. I'm assuming it's someone from the same film. No, no, who was It's Hattie McDaniel. She was a black actress who won a Best Supporting Actress for Gone with the Wind. Name check her because it was like we were giving black actors Oscars when you know, they weren't allowed to sort of walk in the front door.
Speaker 4: A pro Hollywood.
Speaker 2: It is the thing, George. I don't think Hatty McDaniel was actually allowed to attend the Oscar ceremony when she won. We might, we might have to fact check that, but I further, that's kind of yes, a not a dirty little secret, but a double standard.
Speaker 4: Who is in charge? My final question? Who was in charge of the delicate ecosystem of South Park?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh oh? Is it range of mcfriendly yes, correct punches. I do one more question, but it's not really a question, and we can we can, We'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: As we talk about it, ask me a question.
Speaker 2: Find San Francisco is not really an American city. It's more European city, like what or what? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like Paris or Milan, Parison, Milan. All right, then, so what's the what's the the Seinfeld one from Milan blind to Minsk.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Rachel che journey from all right, Betty.
Speaker 3: I love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs. Weed didn't need cheesypoofs, Weedy.
Speaker 4: It's cheesypoof time. So oh you got dreamers and creamers out there in cheeseboo Land, all right. I started with the incredible KDG with her one hundred dollars. Thank you so much, kd G for continuing to support us here and going down to South Park.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that, Katy G.
Speaker 4: We've got Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Prut, Shanny Macker, Elliott, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean d V, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned, Flood, Bello, Window Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby Adrick McCloud, Martrelevan, Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Tillia, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan, B James Shephard, Joe Reading, Sec, Dave Pretzels McNelly, Gavin Lang, Dmi Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail B. Sharpcater and Craig Alt Smash Globster. They certainly are creamers and dreamers all those people, aren't they.
Speaker 2: We might have just stop using creamers and dreamers and dreamers, yes, but we love each and every one of them. Are you when it comes to am I a dreamer or a creamer? Is that what you're I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say, I was thinking of like dipping cheesy poops like cream and stuff like that, But I think like dip. What's your dip of choice? Oh, I've just discovered his beetroot hummuss fucking delicious.
Speaker 2: That's pretty nice, Yeah, because you'd be well aware geelong reference incoming of do you look at that camera or that com of when you speak, by the way, well that one, oh good good.
Speaker 4: I thought you look at Microme like they can't see you. That perfect exactly what should be doing what on, sir, This.
Speaker 2: Is not my first rodeo. What oven pizza on catch dip or whatever it is. Oh yeah, but they had beat it for a while. Yeah, what oven has great dips and they make it in house speak. Mamma makes it correct, yes, and was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 2: Friends, they're genuine friends at the pod. Oh absolutely. If you want to sponsor, then means do so would oveniza go there for a lovely Turkish bread and dips. Fantastic garcon cheese, Turkish bread, Holy ship God. I'm very partially guacamole. I make my own. It's fantastic. I do guak there. I'm talking about my own. But also I think avocado. It's if you want to strip it down to its bear essentials, it's avocado, lime juice, a bit of coriander if you're into that kind of thing, and some salt. That's it, yeah, essentially, But then I know I add a little hot sauce to it, a little bit of olive oil, some sort of cream or something in there to make it all more creamy. That's what the olive oil is for. You can do it that way, and occasionally I would chop up some red slash Spanish onion and maybe some cherry Tom's as well.
Speaker 4: Good delightful, Yeah, delightful. So when you have Nacho's, how do you make your Nacho's in the oven? Yes, when we were like teenage, like, let's have Nacho's three DA's, open them up, cheese.
Speaker 2: Check me in the mic away you're making the Will Ferrell's step brothers.
Speaker 4: Good though, yeah, good, good, eleven thirty.
Speaker 2: At night, jar of shredded cheese on your on your dida, soft and sogging.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But on the occasion when I will make Narcho's, like, well, if I'm making Narchos, I've got to go all out. So that's when you go to the supermarkets, get some sour cream and getting Sometimes you want to make your own wok. Sometimes you get the store board a bit of sauce, but just make layer up, a layer, up a layer. This mount vesuvious of Nacho's. Fantastic. But sometimes if you've just been like dip, you can't get us a good French onion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, French onion. I always like saur krimach ives. That's good to zeke Hm again, that is dips. We have enjoyed this episode of dips we not only do like the smell of our own fast choice of howe we we just do a podcast called dipshits?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about we don't?
Speaker 4: I don't think we could because yeah, the SEO would be terrible and it would be awful. What's not awful? Though? Is this episode so smug? All originally added March twenty nine, two thousand and six, the top three films at the US box office when his ed failure to launch Vendetta Still up there.
Speaker 2: Inside Man, good movie. Hey, we covered it on the movie Guide with Moultlon Neighbors.
Speaker 4: Inside Man.
Speaker 2: No we didn't. Yes, we did Inside Man. No, we sure did. That's the Denzel one, isn't it. That's the Denzel one. You did not do? Inside Man? We sure did, And we talked about when we talked about Denzel, we talked about inside Man.
Speaker 4: Oh but you didn't do it. I mean, okay, you didn't Inside Man specifically.
Speaker 2: It's what I'm pretty sure that was our way into talking about Denzel. Really.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, good movie. It is a very good movie. Is that other one that has that decoded fainting in it? Which is oky the matter? Fire? Yeah?
Speaker 2: About to be remade for Netflix of course. Yes, with Yaya Abdul Martin the second it looks all right, you can't beat the original. We just love remaking ship. We're do indeed, But yes, our number two, Viva Vendetta pretty solid. Interesting in these times, you know, talking about rising up and overthrowing the government and all that kind of stuff. You might say, it's happening all over the world.
Speaker 4: It's a launch.
Speaker 2: Is that? No, No, it's and Sarah Jessica Parker not great.
Speaker 4: He was doing that was his wrong comm here was Yeah, that's the poster I remember then him lending against her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, hey, I'm a charming guy who just wants to live at home with his folks and move off.
Speaker 4: The tap showed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's one rush to take my shirt up.
Speaker 4: One of the best impressions of all time.
Speaker 2: It was really good. David where about two thousand and six. I think, yeah, this is maybe the second third last one of these he did before. He's like, sard me to take a break and then come back as come back with with cut Carlson's Yeah, it's true. Detective two Detectives one indeed, mcconnaugh hate rom coms. Let's have a look.
Speaker 4: Was he ed? No?
Speaker 2: No, it was in ed TV TV. Yes, there was the TV series ED and also the movie ed TV.
Speaker 4: How does It Go? In Ten Days? Two thousand and three. Wedding Planer two thousand and one failed to launch two thousand and six, Full Goal two thousand and eight, Ghost of Girlfriends passed two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: See this is where I'm outing myself as an old person who doesn't get what the millennials are into.
Speaker 4: And I know you don't like how does it take?
Speaker 2: There are certain things that have just you know, oh, this is something that Broken Tam is like, oh this is the rom com of our era. It's like this one. It's not that good.
Speaker 4: Well it was always on TV when we're younger, but it's just as me personally, it's just a movie that it's sweet. I always remember the bullshit playing for bullshit with the family, and it just it just felt very relatable, I know, and you know, and he gets the girl on the end. It's just you know, you have those films where when you're growing up, So was that two thousand and three, so it would be like fourteen fifteen, But there's these movies that are always on TV. And he's like, and this is before the internet kind of that's true. You're like, eh, I was watched this. What were the rom coms of your you would have had, like you know, slips in Seattle? Maybe, yeah, when Harry met Sally, Harry at Sally, But you would have been a bit older by that. But I know twenty issue when it came out. Yeah, I would have been year nineteen or twenty when they came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Were they always on TV? Those films? I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was like the summer special this one. Yeah, almost famous was always on at least once a year. Yeah. Yeah, but I always find it just an easy watch. But I can understand why you wouldn't like it.
Speaker 2: Just not my bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, he definitely had a wrong com HEO didn't he?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Yeah? Probably made a pretty penny at What's a Ghost of Girlfriend's Past? It's a bit like a Christmas Carol. In the two, he goes back to his hometown. I think he's very successful and all that, and he's like visited from this is by the ghosts or like tangible men memories of women that he's known in the past. Emmastone's in it. I think it's an early role for Emmerstone.
Speaker 4: He ends up being hoarded by three female ghost who help him realize the true essence of love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, andike Michael Douglas is his grandfather or his uncle lem. It's very much sort of playing on the whole. Michael Douglas, I'm an old, sexy silver fox. But but look at you. You're all in alone. And then he ends up back with Jennifer gana who among us? Who are among us? Right? But yeah, I just remember that mainly because it had like a Emmerstone wasn't Emma Stone yet, and she was kind of playing she'd had that's super bit bad. Yeah, but she was playing kind of like a goofy character because twenty ten was when she had her easy a, wasn't it. That's right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, that were the top three films at the US box office. So this episode was written by Trey Parker and directed by Trey Parker, and says guest appearance George Sklineers himself, they used his speech. He didn't do it. He didn't record it for the show. That it's used his speech, and he didn't care. They did it.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if they or if they didn't have to get his approval for it. I mean, he's it's out there in the public sphere. Would it be owned by the academy. That's a good point. Maybe the TV network, who knows. I guess it's good that they said, hey, George, we're gonna use this go ahead. Yeah, I'm George Clooney. What do I care?
Speaker 4: But the kicks off with Jerald's showing Richard his hybrid. I couldn't sit back and it's the tone. I couldn't sit back and part desjoying the earth anymore. I just couldn't do it. Yeah, that's my thing, Garrison. But his dad said he thinks he's so much better than us now because he's got this hybrid car.
Speaker 1: You know, the emissions from a vehicle like yours cause is a preparable damage to the ozone.
Speaker 2: I drove a hybrid. It's much better for the environment.
Speaker 4: Thix. Its the thanks that have been so fun in the writer's room, right, Oh god, and you just know for the entire week.
Speaker 2: Ee, I'm just wondering who would have come up with that. First? It was just.
Speaker 4: Hater gag Okay, then was Bill Head on the writing team. At this point, I feel like something he did. You see, Bill had to doing that. I can see that.
Speaker 2: I wone ever predates this episode and wonder if it's something that was in the Parker and Stone sort of friend group vernacular. Maybe someone just think, oh my god, that's perfect for smart people. When did he join the South Park writers team. I'm sure the in thing Bill Haters lived quite the career, hasn't he. He's done a right for himself. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean he has Barry, of course, but he's never really been like them. I would never call him like an a lister.
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean my com for him has always like Ben dan Akroyd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, friends are the right people. But a lot of people don't like dan Akroyd. They don't find him that funny. They find him like a one trick pony. Do you think I think Bill, I don't think Bill Haters liked that. But I mean, you'll look at it's fun to be around me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You look at Akroyd on early Saturday Night Live, and he's very versatile and doing a whole bunch of stuff and doing a whole bunch of weird stuff as well. I get the filling hater is a bit like that. I mean, I think he's incredibly smart and very very tasteful, but not not necessarily the personally think of as like, oh, they're the breakout style, like saying Will Ferrell or something like that. I think he's about to direct something. I think it might be maybe I'm about to direct his first movie, and maybe it's like a horror movie because.
Speaker 4: It was in a few comedies, wasn't he He began working two thousand and eight, so he wasn't there. Yes, it wasn't a bill had a game two twelve. But it sure feels like it does. Indeed. Yes, So yeah, everyone's annoyed with Jerald. They're like, you know, you're being smart with the kids in the back sit like, can we just go home now?
Speaker 2: I think you're starving to death.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they said, now we have to go to the to the department, not to pump store of the they call it home Depot, home Deeper. They call the Bunnings, Yes, hardware store. It's a hard West, the big hard hardware store. And hand out awareness pamphlets to other people dropping other cars that aren't hybrids. And he tells Kyle to go write a ticket, then stands there to help his dad pick out some cool new power tools, like that's what you do, Like that's like I need new drills, Like let's go bunning snag.
Speaker 2: I was in Bunnings inside of a new Stanley knife. He's what a romantic guy I am got matching Stanley knipes for me. And the lovely Louise she's mi, When am I ever going to use this? Because she's moving and stuff. Yeah yeah, and there's stuff that she wants to get out of the house and the boxes need to be open and closed. They're so efficient and a good Stanley knife. Just make sure you slide that ship back there before you put in your pocket. Do not know it? Yes?
Speaker 4: So speaking of experience, no, stand here's having a trip to the store with his dad.
Speaker 2: I love how Gerald and car by the way, are wearing little the vest highers as well, Like they're taking it so seriously.
Speaker 4: Or Kyle's not He's being forced. Ike's wearing one as well. Then Randy sees the ticket goes off at him, so that Joe's like, don't worry, sort a real ticket and Jimmo goes off a him. Two. The problem is that since you've got your car, you've got all you also smoke the smell of your own farts, so obviously planning the scene for a little bit later on, which when I first on a smiling farts, I was like, that's funny, he says, because Joel starts talking with his eyes close. Stop talking with your eyes closed.
Speaker 2: Only smug people do that.
Speaker 4: And Joe then takes the boys home to get away from these ignorant idiots. Then we see Gerald and were talking about something. You get the vibe of Ie, they're probably going to move away, but Kyle and Ike walking they just want to tell them. Look, everyone's taking offense. I find that in this episode for some reason, the gag was that Kyle was like looking to Ike for advice. Yeah, it was like they're taking I offense. They're taking offense to the way they're behaving and becoming alienated from their friends and around the town. And they agree with them, but then they say we're going to be moving town and the boys don't like this all.
Speaker 2: It's not a cheap gag, but it's kind of an obvious gag or a well used gag of like oh the little kids. Actually the smart lines one or ye're saying things that's way above it.
Speaker 4: They're pay grade Maggie and the Simpsons well saying things, but just smile.
Speaker 2: Later on in this when they're talking about taking tags of acids like.
Speaker 4: I'm tripping three on tripping balls. Yeah, the fact that he knew what it was, Yeah, yep. But so they're gonna be moving to San Francisco. But As then tells Stand about that having a going away party for Kyle, What do you mean for Kyle? It's at Cartman's house. But Kyle wasn't invited. It was just a party to celebrate him not being there anymore. That no good backstabbing du rat his finally leaving, as Cartmen.
Speaker 2: Says, he no, Nana, he good back.
Speaker 4: You've ever chanted that?
Speaker 2: So lame? I know, I get the feelings someone's I've been an occasion when someone's trying to get it going, like the.
Speaker 4: Footy or something, and people I was like, I'm not doing no, that's they're miserable enough. Leave them alone.
Speaker 2: Trying a little bit too hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jodan tells Stan that you know, we live in a small minor town filled with ignorant boobs. Because Stand goes to see Kyle, and he's like, look your township. If you can make everyone buy a hybrid car, then we might move back to stand. Takes makes his mission to go. I'll convince everyone to buy cars. Hybrid cars now in San Francisco and I've got here. I thought the score for San Francisco was very Hayannold esque. Oh I have you ever seen Hayannold. I know of it, but I don't think I've really watched the epo. You would love the score of hand. I don't know you would, personally, I know you would. Yeah, you should definitely check it out.
Speaker 2: What it reminded me of was, even though it's not said in the city, but it was very Frasier esque as well.
Speaker 1: M m.
Speaker 4: Is in Seattle, Isn't He's in Seattle though, Yes, but they got a good I was getting Fraser vibes, yeah, because Fraser has that thing of like I'm better I spell Well, if I must watch a sitcom home, I'd probably be watching Frasier. I'd probably be watching Frasier Eyes closed. Kelsey Gram, who was doing Jay Cogan, was telling some interesting stories about Kelsey, wasn't.
Speaker 2: He He sure did one in particular, it was very interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we thought he was joking, so were sort of like chuckled and we're like, oh we serious.
Speaker 2: Very good interview with our pal Jay Cogan.
Speaker 4: We reviewed his final episode that he and while he wrote for The Simpsons, the Last Exit Springfield Dental Plan listeneds Braces the Plant goes on Strike episodes. So that's available on four figure discount. Check it out if.
Speaker 2: You haven't already.
Speaker 4: But yeah, tell some interesting stories about Calsi Grammer Sam Simon was the one that blew me away exactly. Yeah, yeah, that was that was shocking the least. But get back here though. Okay, Yes, we've arrived in San Francisco. Sheila loves the new house and their new neighbors arrived. Peter Thompson, Nancy Javis, Brian Thompson, Javis.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, unlike most cities, in San Francisco, we try to keep all the historic houses instead of knogging them down. You went here, Peter, Oh, hey, Paul, come on in and meet the brav Laski's. Hello there, I'm Paul mcdonaghugh. This is my wife Holly Baumant mcallahan, and our daughter Mindy mcdonaugh Baumart Mcallahan. Hello, We noticed.
Speaker 2: Your hybrid out front. That's a V series, right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Oh, nice car, but we're gonna have to get you into the BT series.
Speaker 2: It's emissions are actually cleaner. Wow. So everyone here drives a hybrid. Huh Oh.
Speaker 3: Of course, we're a little more progressive and ahead of the curve here in San Francisco. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find it much better here. Yes, you'll find that San Francisco is pretty much more open minded and grown up than the Midwest.
Speaker 2: Ah Ah, we're just a little bit more protective of our environment here in San Francisco. Now here's the thing. None of these people are necessarily in the wrong with what they'd do wing. It's just it's the attitude they take towards like I mean, I'm all for the idea of in San Francisco, it's like, yeah, we've got these beautiful, long buildings, let's maintain them. There's there's nothing that's a very good thing to do that that's a great thing to do. Particularly as you said, you've been to San Francisco, so am I A lot of the architecture there is beautiful, don't you spoke about it? Yeah, and just do it yeah, it's just like, yeah, these are nice houses, we want to maintain them. You know, it gives the city character as opposed to just you gotta do the numbers day. Well not you gotta put the fingertips together like that although closed, So you don't do it like that because apparently that's the manisphere. Okay, I'm doing the diamond finger things as you speak, the slight head, nod eyes, closed, fingertips together.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the wife is not taking the husband's name, and the kid, as a result, has to get both the names.
Speaker 2: And see, I have that attitude towards my house, except I can't afford to move or maintain it.
Speaker 4: They say that he needs to get the btceries better emissions, and then Brian, the child farts. But it's the thing, the child doesn't fart. Sorry, yeah, sorry, I've got my notes.
Speaker 2: I've got here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was went to change it. Yes, So the dad fats, puts his head down, smells his own farts. Then stand is writing the song about the importance of hybrid cars, and Cartman says that's gay, but it's always come com people. Cart says, it's been. It's awesome here without Kyle, I thought they might have played up here that Stan it was was actually better with that the poss Off skis around. Oh wow, I thought, now that song sometimes recently had cart and be right. Oh true, I thought, and Stan sort of realized, you know what, it's actually better not having Kyle here. But they don't pay that angle, of course, So he's writing the song, he says, the cart when in your life will be empty and hollow. He says, now, of course, no, I've got Butters here, But unfortunately Butters are just happy to be a whipping boy. I'm a dumbed you. But it was just their way of sort of saying that because we've touched on recently that we feel like Butters and Cartman has become a thing. But I don't think the Kyle Cartman dynamic works with Butters. Butters are so also pathetic but sympathetic. Maybe that you don't it comes across as mean where Kyle at least Kyle defends himself where Butters doesn't. And if it does it all the time to Butters it's like, well, yeah, I mean makes him despicure. It makes them even more unlikable.
Speaker 2: Cartman needs the needs the friction, He needs the pushback. You know, if you're going to play any kind of game, you need a worthy adversary.
Speaker 4: Bully isn't going to bully if no one's reacting to it.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, Now, if you're just bullying into the void and there's no point.
Speaker 4: So the radio DJ plays the song. Everyone hears it immediately goes, hey, that's right, that's buy hybrid cars. Everyone goes buy his hybrid cards. They're all walking around.
Speaker 2: Everyone's just smugged up.
Speaker 4: Everyone's being gerald es yes. Then we have the wake Up America rally for Stan, thanking him for making them south Park the best percentage of owners in the country of hybrid cars.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to rewind a little bit, and we can probably get this out. But yeah, I'm trying to remember the name of the actual song. Come on, people, now, smile on your brother. Everybody get yeah. They try to learn one another right now. I'm just trying to remember the actual name of that song get Together.
Speaker 4: Oh of course it's the Young Yeah. The Young Bloods mentioned that on the wiki page. It's a it's a parody of Young Blood Get Together, Yeah, from the same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever heard of any other song by the young Blood. So I don't know there are a one hit Wonder or anything like that, but well there's a singer now called young Blood. Of course there is. Yeah, it's spelled differently. Yes, it is, because the kids do the kids spill everything different. He did a kick ass cover of Ozzy Osbourne's Changes.
Speaker 4: Have you watched it? No?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: So it was that Osiosbourne's like farewell concept thing right, okay, and changed the one I feel Unhappy that song. He did a cover of it and blows your socks off.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know nothing about young Blood, but I saw that clip and I was like, oh, check it out. Was like shit, kid, shit, shulish. I was like, ship, this guy's actually pretty good. Because you look at him, You're like, ah, he looks like just by looking at it, I go, he's going to be emo screamer. And he just sings this fucking amazing addition of changes was like, well, full credit to you.
Speaker 2: This is the one where Ozzie was sitting in like the throne.
Speaker 4: At the end, yes, and then passed away like days later.
Speaker 2: He was holding on.
Speaker 4: But it's like he must have known. It's crazy. Yeah, that thing's working out. But I'm glad it did.
Speaker 2: It's crazy training, one might say, yes, it.
Speaker 4: Is indeed, Yeah, but Braje make Friendly is here and he's not happy your stand at all. He is not having a good time. He punches stand because he's in charge of the delicate ecosystem of South Park and he says, look, because everyone's got the the hybrid cars, the smug over south Park is here and it's not smug. It is what.
Speaker 2: Smug It is smug. Yes, looks it's obvious, gag, but I mean it's it's also are we talking to was it we were talking to one of the many great Simpsons guys that we spoke to, and that there are jokes out there that it was Josh Weinstein Josh, yeah, talking about the doctor zis z out there that are just so obvious but also so good. You just feel like they're just floating out there. You just need to pluck them. Yeah, and this is one of those, Like it's so obvious smug and smug. It just makes smug a tangible thing that's floating in the air.
Speaker 4: Because when you drive high Bridge, you spuu self satisfied garbage into the air.
Speaker 2: It's smug.
Speaker 4: And as we get the global laming as you're touching on earlier, and there's they're now the second smuggiest city in America. Then we get the south Park weather News bulleted with Keenan Williams and he explains the heavy smug that's developing over the San Francisco and South Park. So you're talking about San Francisco here we get there. It's like Tony Bennet, a.
Speaker 2: Bit of like a left my heart in San Francisco. It's a smuggy day in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Town on the Simpsons capital City. The Proslovskis are having a party Alan it's actually a Laine. It was at an empty glass.
Speaker 2: Having said that, if you had a weird sort of pronunciation, not weird pronunciation, but a different pronunciation of your name, and you weren't a wanker, but at the same time you wanted to sort of actually pronounce a lame. I mean, I suppose there's a way to do, but it was a point in your life where you just accept the people are going to say it wrong. I think, yeah, But at the same time, it's your name. You want to be sort of not that you're proud of it, but it's like get it right.
Speaker 4: It's like my mum, her name is is Marcia, but everyone calls her Marsha, but it's Marsia is her name. She doesn't correct them on it, but she's like, I wish I would call me Marcia if you know, you know, yeah, but it's like you look at the word m aar c I A. It doesn't even read as Marsha. But it's just we've just grown accustomed to it. And she said it started with the Brady Bunch. After that, she was just she was Marsha. She was when she was a kid, she was Marsia. Hey, Marcia. Then when Brady Bunch was a thing, Marcia, she became Marsha. And she's like, we've just been Marsha ever since.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I mean, look, Elaine, here is clearly a penis.
Speaker 4: I want a glass with nothing. Talks about how those imbeciles in Texas have put another prisoner to death. Maybe that person was a murderer, yeah, possibly, Yes, nets we get the kids who don't get much. I think this is their only screen time.
Speaker 2: The best of my recollection.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, they're sitting around, they're all taking drugs or that I know they're on drugs, drink and take drugs. Yeah, that they offer some to.
Speaker 2: Kyle and I was like, no, no, no, don't, I don't want any. Thanks.
Speaker 4: Gerald interrupts a smell as his own fart and leaves and Kyl and I both agreed to take acid.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, Kyle just once a half and Michael eb three, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Standing calls you op road to ask for Kyle's number, remember when we just have to do that. Do you have the number for Tea and One Chinese restaurant in Geelong? Did you see on the Geelong Historical Facebook page recently someone put the menu of the T and Arp Oh my gosh. I screenshot as my later but it's like from the seventies and it seems like ten cents and it's like and it's like bring your own pot and we'll fill it up. People used to bring the Did you have to pay extra?
Speaker 2: How did it work?
Speaker 4: I have no idea how that would My mum tells me. She goes, I used to bring the pot and they'd fill it up full of cham in. You're like, oh, I never went to t And I've got to say really never went. It was Tuesday night. Tuesday night take the Golden Vine.
Speaker 2: I know that one. I'm sorry, it's sounded very San Francisco.
Speaker 4: The Golden eyes were closed. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Having said that, this is not nothing to boast about. The Golden Vine was basically like a room. It looked cheap and nasty on vin. Oh no, this was in marble straight. Ah, Okay, the gold was actually but I just I remember I went there with a bunch of friends. We just probably turned eighteen. I think we went in with like a box of VB long necks and just ordered like two dozen dim sims steamed steamed yeah, and we just sat there. We just sat there drinking beer, getting more and more routy, and just eating dimmies.
Speaker 4: I used to just love finishing footy. We walk across the road to the milk bar, to the fish chip shops, but the milk bars netwere it was directly across the road. Just get a bag of steam dimmy soy sauce steam dimmies. Dope, it's so good good.
Speaker 2: I mean, fries are great, but steam dim is like, oh, you're so slimy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everywhere, just sinking into at the end when the bottom is just basically black from soy sauce and you sort of drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, man.
Speaker 4: By the way, shout out now, how I mentioned we had a fish and chip shop when I was a kid. I was just because I was in love with the fish and chip shop lady. I mentioned this, and she's the mother of one of the kids at school spoke to the.
Speaker 2: Other day, Evie. Shout out to Evie. Oh okay, lovely lady. I didn't tell I was in love with her when I was a kid. Shout out to Evie.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Evie. Best fellingship was just speaking of what I was in love with you. Yeah, it was is in love with you year But best fish ships I ever had? But why is it that for me? Like T and y? Right? Everyone John has these memories of tea and why Chinese restaurant No restaurants ever come close since to the taste of the tea and war. They must have had recipes. Wasn't just they cooked it in the specific possible?
Speaker 2: Why is it?
Speaker 4: Once the owner changed hands?
Speaker 2: Why? But why is it? Why is it no good anymore?
Speaker 4: No idea, It doesn't exist anymore. But yeah, I remember they changed owners and then they kept going everything like ah, it doesn't taste the same anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, how many times have we said this though? I mean, we'll be talking about you know, Gelong stables like Bowmont Pie. Yeah, apparently they still have the recipe.
Speaker 4: It's not the same Ratley's Ratleys they make the Bowmon pies you buy and I'm like, this doesn't taste like the bon pie. Habit was at nan Place watching Judge duty on a school holiday.
Speaker 2: This is missing that slightly peppery aftertaste. Yeah, that had a it was a Bomon's pie staple m much gold. They were good. You have to say that word for it, but they were really good.
Speaker 4: They were Where are we now? The kids are on acid? So he's called and so we apparently Cartman and Butters are playing the video game you made for a lousy Jewies that he tells Butters here can't be starting to realize maybe he doesn't need Kyle in his life. Range mc friendly then arrives again and he makes stand. The boys come to the news station to realize that the smug is now of a sath Park, is gaining strength and it's fusing with the San Francisco Smug and when it joins with George Kline's except the speech from the Academy Awards. It's going to be disaster for everybody.
Speaker 2: It's going to be the Perfect Storm self satisfaction. No shout out to Clooney's movie The Perfect Storm. But it was two and one I believe so or two thousand.
Speaker 4: Never watched it? Worth watching?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Is it a disaster movie? Pretty disastrous with regards on the boat.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, so it's just guys on a boat. It's not like it takes over the rules of the world kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It doesn't ruin the world. No, it's based on a true story. Oh okay, cool, don't tell me any more than I watched. I won't. All right, cool, don't you do it either, folks.
Speaker 4: No, but if you do want a true story to watch based on a boat, Captain Phillips is a movie worth watching. Oh yeah, man, Yeah, there is a film I won't spoil at the end. But Tom Hanks probably don't tell me his best active moviver seen in my life.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean and as I, as Dana always says to me, I'm the captain.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, I knew that, dude then. But then it's explain here that there's not gonna be any San Francisco left it this or happens. They have a big town meeting to explain the issue, and they order start blaming stand.
Speaker 2: And again this is clearly the love of disaster movies that Parker and Stone have, that whole you don't understand there's not going to be a San Francisco. That line always works for me. It's like, you don't understand. If we don't do this now, there's not gonna be something go back to. Holy shit, Yeah, better get this right.
Speaker 4: What is it? Is it tomorrow?
Speaker 2: They won't be here tomorrow or something something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just the version.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There won't be an economy to to. That's what he says. He goes, what about the economy or something?
Speaker 2: It won't be an economy. Yeah, the line I just used, I think from the Prometheus trailer. You don't understand if we don't do this, there won't be a home to go back to. Ship. I had so many bad reviews about Prometheus. I never bother watching it. It's got some good ideas, and it's also got some stuff and it's all wrong.
Speaker 4: But this is where basically, so they're trying. They're having the town meeting to discuss the fact that Stan has ruined everything. They all hate on Stan. But as Den says, we're to destroy every hybrid car in town, stands wants the standard says, I just want to go warn Kyle. No, no, you can't go anywhere. You've got to stay here, and you yourself have to destroy or the hybrid cars because you're the reason we brought them.
Speaker 2: I love that. Randy is also just ragging on something like yeah, good going stupid.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I love that Cloney here, you can hear the speech as it's approaching Dusti and Sons and Cookies Diner. It's just going by if it's the pieces of it. Cartman also is preparing to enter San Francisco with an old school just like diving.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not doing it for Kyle when I guess he what he's doing it. He's doing for Kyle, but he's doing because he needs Kyle in his life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely. It's like it's like Batman and the Joker. Yeah you complete me, yep.
Speaker 4: Then we can't back from commercial and Stan is destroying all the cars. You should have written a gay little song if you don't have to do all this, and the smug levels are dropping slowly but not enough. Cartman mean, while I was walking down the street in a suit, I didn't really get my chart of the Cartman storyline here with Butters here was like cotton mile in turn right here, But I was just like, eh, whatever, Stan has destroyed all the cars. Now Clooney's smugg is about to hit. They tell everyone to.
Speaker 2: Get inside, God help us. The perfect storm of smugness erupts and it starts.
Speaker 4: I think it's over. San Francisco. Cartman enters Kyle's house and they're all out of it on acid as well.
Speaker 2: Like what's that?
Speaker 4: I think the villain on their own high face smug yeah, the smug yeah. But the kids are totally tripping balls though they're totally tripping, totally tripping balls. Shit goes crazy. We can't back. The storm is over now they'll be built in the town in South Park. San Francisco unfortunately has disappear completely up its own asshole and stand things. Oh my god, I've killed Kyle as a result of this, but no closest. It's a miracle and the Broslovskis have arrived. I don't know how they got there, but they.
Speaker 2: Got there by the way. Yeah, shout out to the direction by by parking when Cartman is rescuing the the brovlovskis from the just all those close ups and that wind sort of chaotics, dramatic. I thought that was really work. Yeah, I like it a lot. I did.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Yeah, I liked to hear too when they go it must be like a guardian angel and just has coming sh I'm like, yeah, it was a nice moment. I was just like, It's just it was weird seeing Katman do something. I know it was for himself, but he was doing something good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Yeah. It's a complicated man, isn't it. No one understands No one understands him.
Speaker 1: But but and let's make sure nobody gets a stupid hybrid right now. Hybrid cars are a good thing.
Speaker 3: But hybrid cars are the leading cause.
Speaker 1: Of smug Hybrid cars don't cause smugness, people do. Look, hybrid cars are important. They may even save our planet one day. What you all need to do is just learn to drive hybrids and not be smug about it.
Speaker 3: You mean, drive in hybrids, but not act like we're better than everyone.
Speaker 2: Else because of it. Yeah, I'm I'm not ready. I don't think I can do it either. It's simply asking too much.
Speaker 3: Perhaps one day we can learn to drive hybrids without being smug about it, but for now, the technology is just.
Speaker 2: Too much for us.
Speaker 1: Come on, everybody, let's go buy wasteful gas guzzlers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough because I mean, you do want us sort of get the message out that this is a net positive, it's a gloribal good good in general. But you also have to do the what's in it for me kind of thing. So I mean, you're probably gonna have people who are going to be smug about it, and that's part of the part of the selling point, I guess. But I did love r instraction. I'm not ready. I'm not ready.
Speaker 4: It's just it's asking too much. It's simply asking too much. For now, the technology is just too much for it. They'll leave it to They'll buy the waist for gas guzzlers and then come and says, come to rants it at Kyle towards a jew rat rants back.
Speaker 2: It's like all that's the end of the episode. It is. Yeah, it's interesting, as we were saying, you know, this is twenty years ago, and we've still got this push Paul on our on our roads of I mean, because I keep using Dodge ram as the example. But there are so many like them, These huge i'd call them mutes or pickups or whatever. They're massive, and they're bigger than they ever were, like one hundred and twenty grand. Oh yeah, they're incredibly expensive, incredibly expensive to run, and incredibly big, probably quite dangerous. But then you've also, yeah, I got so many evs around, so I don't know. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Speaker 4: I've got a question for you, hey man, are you ready for some cartoon Wars? If not, you're in trouble for this. Two parts to it coming up next, coming up next on going down to south Park Cartoon Wars Part one and two not in the same week.
Speaker 2: We're going to stretch it out? Are we going to stretch it out like Avengers Doom Day Doomsday Secret War style? Are they really they're stretching out the two movies? Oh yeah, I did not know that. You've got Avengers Doomsday and then a year or a year or two later Avengers Secret War. Of course, because it worked so well for Avengers War and Avengers Endgame.
Speaker 4: All of their Oscar speech is anything to go by their little routine anyway. But the thing is cartoon was Part one two, two separate episodes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so two separate episodes of.
Speaker 4: Going on Down to South Park.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm glad, we I'm glad we saw that out beforehand.
Speaker 4: If you want to hear part one right now, you can be supportive of ours on Patreon for early and add free access to the show. You can final link that in description of this podcast. You can do that for a little just one dollar, So one dollar supports Going Down to South Park and four figun Descant were all the shows we do here at the networking early access as well as access to over one hundred and fifty hours of bonus content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if there's one thing better than access, it's early. It's early access without ads.
Speaker 4: No more pasty ads, no ads, no ads, not even one, not one at all.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: We even say the word add on it. We also commercial I thank you guys for all of the support. Please continue to rate and review us where we listening to the shape with podcasts, Spotify or whatever. Yeah, you say thanks for your support, but do you really mean BIGKSPE support, and thanks to everyone to send in your questions. We're going to be doing a mail bag in the coming week, so I sent through all your questions to south Park Mailbag at gmail dot com. Mister Davis though, any final words for those incredible listeners out.
Speaker 2: There, well, we hope you've enjoyed this episode of Going Down to South Park, the perfect storm of self satisfaction. Llo