Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Hello there, and welcome back.
Speaker 1: What is this place?
Speaker 2: Is connected? Disconnected? It's connected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to feel disconnected.
Speaker 2: Break the number that has been disconnected.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, and welcome to the brand new year twenty twenty six, Live on a Thursday night with my buddy, mister doctor Will Dotson.
Speaker 2: How are we doing, mister doctor? Yeah, Happy new year, buddy. How are you ask me later? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, tonight after announcements, we're gonna get over a wrap up on twenty twenty five, looking forward to twenty twenty six. Lots of stuff to talk about. We both kind of had a crappy end of the year that we'll be talking about a couple of things.
Speaker 2: And uh, actually I'm mad at you right now. What did I do? Okay? I fixed it? Like defaults to this.
Speaker 3: New weird the vertical stream.
Speaker 2: Vertical stream, which is what what does that vertical stream?
Speaker 3: People are watching on their phones? Man, we get we gotta we gotta cater to them.
Speaker 2: This is this is what I have to people who have to say to people who are watching it on their phone, okay.
Speaker 3: Barely visible. I'm not even sure exactly what you're showing.
Speaker 2: Well maybe because you're watching it on your phone, I am not. I was showing my David Lynch T shirt resting power. Yes, okay, mister doctor David Lynch. Anyways, we got lots to talk about that tonight. Oh my god, twenty twenty fives, Like, regardless of your political point of view, objectively, everything was awful.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, a lot of things were pretty terrible. I won't say everything was awful, but most things wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean, like that's what's so weird about it, Like I feel weirdly guilty about all the cool things that I personally got to do this year, Like this year was better than twenty twenty four for me personally, but for the world. No, And I'd agree with that. You know, I grieve for the people of This is not the way you want to start with death. Well, I grieve. I grieve for the people of Sudan, of Gaza, of the West Bank of Israel, Ukraine, of Russia. Oh, I hate all governments everywhere now and regardless of how you feel about our government, Like whether you think that this needed to happen or or didn't need to happen. It still sucks. Yeah, it's true, and we've lost so many icons of the arts. Freaking Ozzy Osbourne is dead. Yeah, David Lynch Lystone, you know, like we could spend the next three hours just listing all the people. Yeah. I'm even sad about Brigitte Bardeux. I get it. Despite her abhorrent, abhorrent politics, she's still an icon. And some of the stuff she said about me too, was like funny to give it to her. She's like she was like, if a man is talented, he should be able to slap your ass. So rest in peace, Burgee Bardeux. She did a lot of great stuff for animals, both of the animal kind, and so you know, I've been looking forward to this because I get to play the fool for a few hours and that's nice. Yeah, but I'm really sad. Actually, the saddest thing for me I was just informed by Ryan I can't talk about until the very end of the show. So anybody who's listening, if you want to hear the saddest thing that happened, in my opinion, you're now going to have to wait as we get through seventy three partner label announcements.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest here, there's not even seventy three total announcements, let alone just partner label announcements.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, of course, as I just said, I play the fool. Yeah, oh, you play it well.
Speaker 3: Uh No, it's it's been a fun couple of weeks, uh, he says wistfully. It's been. It's been a hell of a like year these last two months, is the way that I feel, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I do. Everybody who's watching. Thanks, Happy New Year too. I hope that you're doing well. Josephine. I'm like, oh for on all the movies that you asked about.
Speaker 3: In the Even worse, I can't even see Josephine's chat. I can't see the comment at all.
Speaker 2: I wrote them all down and then promptly set my paper over there.
Speaker 3: But if you tap the comment, because you can see it, it'll bring it up on the screen too.
Speaker 2: Since you're naw, I'm just what am tappen?
Speaker 3: Go up to the comment, put your cursor over it.
Speaker 2: How do I man?
Speaker 3: For people watching? I have to do this sort of.
Speaker 2: Thing, all right? Am I am? I the host now is that what I'm doing? You are all you.
Speaker 3: You are admined to count on this. There you go, look at that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad somebody likes my political takes. Last time I got lectured on my simplistic view on wealth taxes.
Speaker 3: Well you haven't seen forbidden Zone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've seen for bidden zone. The corman. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say that's all I look at that. That looked like it was climbing up on your shoulder because of the cow. Great to see the cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Valentina. She's in heat, so she likes me the best.
Speaker 3: Right now, Mary's here. Happy New Year there, Mary.
Speaker 2: So are you seeing the comments now?
Speaker 3: Well, I was seeing all of them except for the ones that came in early this week for some reason. I'm not sure why that was the case. But yeah, I'm glad everybody's here. It is going to be a hell of a week. It is a lot to talk about this week because we've got vinegar syndrome this week. But we don't have arrow, which you and I normally do. They did it early shout factory will be on so we don't have them. But yeah, we got an odd slate to cover this week.
Speaker 2: There's some things I hope I get to talk about. I can't remember when they were announced. Yeah, but you know, I feel like we're we jumped over an important controversy. Why is it that you're now privileging viewers who watch on their phones.
Speaker 3: I'm not privileged privileging. I'm giving them an opportunity too. There's two different ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the defaults to oh, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I also to to try to make it less confusing for people. I wrote the words portrait and landscape and the titles, so you know.
Speaker 2: Which is which. See if that works?
Speaker 3: Nice neck warmer. Well, Tonight, after our announcements, we're going to talk about some stuff from this year, talk about what's coming up in twenty twenty six, roll over some personal stories for stuff that's been happening to us lately, and we will happily try to discuss as much as we can. We'd love to hear stories from everybody else. Stuff that was great for you this year, stuff that was personal or vulnerable that you want to share what. We'll happily cover those as well. But before we get there our usual stuff, you want to highlight anything new that you've watched in the last month.
Speaker 2: Sirt sure. So it was the season for Yule Tide sheer and so I watched a bunch of Christmas movies, starting with a movie that's actually not a Christmas movie, Christmas in July by Preston Sturges, which I've been wanting to see forever and did not realize a it's only sixty seven minutes and be Sam Deagan commentary. So the movie was great. I'm going to listen to the commentary in the coming week. Yeah, surprisingly socialist view of the world. So enjoyed Christmas in July. I recommend it to anyone revisited a classic Terry's Wygoff's Bad Santa, which is in a bad case and could use I don't know, criterion upgrade or something. Well, they got all as other movies except for School Confidential. Why not get Bad Santa. I haven't seen Bad Santa too, kind of afraid to been wanting to see this for a long time. Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwick. Yeah, this one's very conservative view of the world, but still enjoyable. A lot of double entendres in here, great baby washing scene and then I ran the series Silent Night, Deadly Night, which remains a favorite, Silent Night, Deadly Night Part two, which is yeah, once you got the garbage day scene, that's basically the only reason to watch this, and then silently I got to revisit for the first time Son Night, Daily Night three, Better Watch Out with directed by Monty Hellman and starring a nearly mute Bill Moseley as the Santa Killer with a tapioca what do you call that stuff? A tapioca tupperware on his head holding in his brain. The best of the series in my opinion. Brian used in a Solid Night, Daily Night for initiation, which is just about a witch's covin, has no connection to the franchise, and I haven't had a chance to watch part five, The Toymaker yet with Mickey Rooney Rooney saw many years ago and someone to watch watch it to complete the series. Tomorrow Night. Enjoyed that series. I saw death Simber, which I was told by you was not good.
Speaker 3: I would love direct quotes rather than these words that you put in my mouth.
Speaker 2: What what did you? What did I put in your mouth? Right?
Speaker 3: I did not say it was not good. I've not seen it, huh, I said. I was told by others that this is not good.
Speaker 2: Others lied, Death Simber is quite good. It's an advent calendar of short films, the second of which directed by Michael Vati and featuring friend of the show Tiffany Sheppis. But all of them are watchable, even the lesser ones are short, so you're immediately moving on. Halfway through you get a Riggio Dio Dado short film that is whole hilarious. Deathcember recommended two discs from Culture Shock, just one. The film is two and a half hours long because it's twenty four shorts. And then this too is all extras interviews and makings and stuff. So I really enjoyed that. Watched the Advent Calendar on Shutter, Belgian French Christmas horror film about a paraplegic is are you allowed to say that?
Speaker 3: I believe so. Yeah, as long as there's two of.
Speaker 2: Them, a person with paraplegia encounter some magical advent not have said that. I'm so sorry that person. First, and then I watched my favorite Christmas film of all time, and this is where I'm really going to lose the audience for Christmases. I love this movie so much. Every review of it says that it is joyless. I disagree. I think this film is joyful. Reviews suggest that Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon didn't get along. Don't care. I love this movie. It's so funny. Three of the four Christmases are hilarious and the fourth one, the fourth one is so heartwarming it almost makes you forget that it's John Voight for Christmases? Love it? Oh god, OK, where's the four K for Christmas? That saw some films I'm going since we don't have any announcements time. I saw three films in the theater in December, which is wild for me until I'll tell you what they are. It's I saw The Shining and Imax Incredible with my friend John Day and our friend Phil Jarman of the spook House podcast. Then took my daughter to see Five Nights at Freddy Too. Oh my god, that was she and the whole time she's correcting the lore, which is like the most entertaining part was seeing how pissed off my daughter got. Yeah, she's correcting the law. And then just uh, yesterday, I took her to see Zutopia too, which in addition to being woke as fuck and simplistically hateful towards rich people as well. Where yet where her critics put on that one has an incongruous Shining homage in the climax, So that.
Speaker 3: Was quite explicitly the show.
Speaker 2: Very Good has no reason to be there other than to wake parents up at the hour and thirty minute mark to say, hey, you have fifteen more minutes. But here's something you'd recognize. There was quite a few references in Zutopia. Actually, yeah, so I saw that, Say what else? What else did I see? Working my way through season two of land Man Billy Bob Thornton, which reminds me I'm still waiting for what I consider to be the greatest comedy of the nineties to get a decent release, Sling Blade.
Speaker 3: I think that's Disney known, so that that could be why we don't have a great release of it.
Speaker 2: Well, I would love to have a stacked four K of Sling Blade. I would love to do a commentary or a visual essay on why it's the greatest comedy of the nineties.
Speaker 3: We could just do a visual I say, in all the different types of French fried potatoes.
Speaker 2: And can get some more that potted meat. Uh.
Speaker 3: We had a question from Adam, what do you think is the greatest capitalist Christmas film? He says Trading Places, Home Alone two homelone two should be up there. I think Jingle All the Way should be up there.
Speaker 2: Never seen that one, I guess, since I love four Christmas is so much, at some point I need to see Fred Claus or never.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say ferred Clause, but that's only a reference for.
Speaker 2: There there are. There is a stack of Christmas movies that I haven't watched yet. I'm gonna have to bleed them into January. But I'm gonna watch White Christmas. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus with Charles Bronson.
Speaker 3: I almost said Charlton.
Speaker 2: Santa Claus, the movie that weird eighties one with Dudley Moore as all They and what else? Oh the Renee Cardona senor Santa Claus. And finally Rare Exports, great movie story, great movie gat So watching all this? What else did I watch this month? I rewatched Five Easy Pieces, which I hadn't seen in a long time. That was something. Watching rich kid coseplay as a working class feller. Nice that's kind of fun. Yeah, I had a pretty good run there, not even listening them all, but those are those are the main things I watched. How about you? What did you see this month?
Speaker 3: I watched a lot this month, but from since I do this every week, I'm going to just share it. Two from this last week, I caught up with Marty Supreme that just came out. Everybody's talking about it, so I won't say too too much, but I will say it's freaking stupendous. It is possibly my favorite of the Safti Brothers films at all so far. I feel like it's better than Uncut Gems, which I truly enjoyed a lot, and I adored Good Time, but I will watch Marty Supreme any day over Good Time. Timothy shell May was shockingly great. There was a lot of people that disappeared into like borderline cameo roles, like Pengolette is in it for two scenes and he is just genuinely unrecognizable and incredible in the film, really well acted, just very engaging story. And I will say probably the movie this year that kept me more surprised than any other film, Like literally any scene you could have asked me what was gonna happen next? And I would have been wrong literally every single time.
Speaker 2: I loved that about it. That's the ping pong movie.
Speaker 3: It is the ping pong movie. Although funny enough, that's not a huge portion of the film. They sure leaned on in the marketing, and it's obviously like the crutch of the film, but it's not in but maybe a.
Speaker 2: Third of the story. How is it compared to Balls of Fury?
Speaker 3: I will say it's slightly less comedic. Balls of Fury was a wild movie.
Speaker 2: You know what I did? See? I did. There's a new show. I can't remember what streaming service it's on. There's a new show with Anthony Edwards from the Minnesota Timberwolves, the basketball player you.
Speaker 3: Now, oh yeah, yeah, where.
Speaker 2: He just plays sports with other people. And the first episode is him playing ping pong against some football player who's like smoking the biggest one that's ever been rolled. That's really fun, and a couple of Olympic ping pong players who you know, just beat the shit out of them. It's funny. Yeah, that sounds great. So Marty's Supreme with timoth Ay Shama May.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's by far the best film I've seen him in for sure. And then the other big thing that I watched this week is a semi new Netflix documentary called The Perfect Neighbor, and it is very good. I won't say it's incredible or anything like that, but it's it's very good, and I think the best part about it is rafting the proper narrative without any background narration at all. It is pretty much entirely with bodycam footage from the police and tell me, I don't know what that was, but that was funny. Yeah, almost entirely bodycam footage. And then there's a couple of things where they play like nine to one one calls and then some information on the end.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's called nude, I.
Speaker 3: Said, semi nude, not nude. It's called the Perfect Neighbor.
Speaker 2: Well, she was a semi nude, she'd be the perfect neighbor. It is.
Speaker 3: You watched this, You watch this doc and that is so not true.
Speaker 2: Some very nice person in the chat sent me a sling blade thing. I didn't know my sound was on IM. Sorry, that is fantastic. I'll watch that later, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, So, yeah, see, The Perfect Perfect Neighbor easily one of like the ten best docs I saw this year for sure? Uh, dang pickups? You got anything from this month? You want to talk about?
Speaker 4: Pick up?
Speaker 2: I was about to do a whole it's what's that awful band? Uh?
Speaker 3: Real big fish for?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna do a you know, somebody's self righteous suicide or something.
Speaker 3: It's system of a down.
Speaker 2: Yeah that Dand that's what I was about to do with pick up. Anyway. I got some four K upgrades of two of my all time favorite movies, Lady from Shanghai and mouse Hunt. Good movie.
Speaker 3: I love mouse.
Speaker 2: Absolute best movie Gore Verbinski ever made.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he's coming back. He's finally got a new film coming to theaters this spring.
Speaker 2: Well, if it ain't mouse Hunt too, I've not seen it. It's supposedly amazing, by the way, so supposedly huh rave reviews. Okay, just like December supposedly a bad I did the I did the Kickstarter to support the Redwood release of Hell. Apparently, due to tariffs and other restrictions, shippings in Hell for about a month, but I got it. I picked up from Indicator Sahara starring Humphrey Bogart, got to get rid of my old d v D. U picked up what Else? Oh, great documentary about a non problematic filmic genius, reef in Style.
Speaker 3: As soon as that said started, I do this was going somewhere great.
Speaker 2: She's really She's yeah, she's really like whenever an Austin based comedian wants to film a set. I picked up fred Astaire red Skelton musical Three Little Words? Is it?
Speaker 3: Mourner Archive on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty excited about that radiance ghost of Pretty excited to see that John Sturge's Mystery Street.
Speaker 3: Did you see Adams comment you have to remove the art from the problem. I love that take on it.
Speaker 2: This has not I don't think this has come out quite yet, but I got my contributor copies. I wanted to show it off. This is the imprint edition of Jade, which I'm excited to say, I along with my friend Nina K. Martin, are the third commentary on YEP. Michelle Kissner has a visual essay as well. Pretty excited what else is on here?
Speaker 3: Another friend of the show did another visual essay on there. Who's that you got the back in front of you? Chris O'Neil from Ireland, Oh shit.
Speaker 2: Chris O'Neill. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I love that. The very first thing I ever did Chris O'Neil was on I'm Dangerous.
Speaker 3: Tonight, and then we got a brand new interview with Darren Navarro on there as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plus bonus feature the Kid Stays in the Picture documentary, in which in which Bob Evans is semi nude throughout. So I'm pretty excited. If you don't have the vinegar syndrome, or if you do have the vinegar syndrome, you should pick up the imprint version of Jade. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you love the movie, this is by far the version to own. It is a a pretty stellar increase over the VS.
Speaker 2: Last thing will be a promo, also a promo. A book that I'm in just came out. Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna show the other title and hide the nipples.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we did that last month.
Speaker 3: You just got it in the mail for me, right, But we.
Speaker 2: Talked about it last month. Ryan is referring to Joe Domato's The Hyena on eighty eight Films. No, this is a This is a collection of essays edited by Gloria Monty and Martin Shingler called Comebacks, The Return of the Aging Film Star. It's a collection of essays about final films of a wide range of actors, and my essay is on wood. He strowed, Oh that one nice. Yeah, So I'm really excited this is out. It came out straight in paperback, so it's a I love that we wait with the same word, all right, what about your pickups?
Speaker 3: This came out on November fifteenth, and I just got in the brand new issue of the Physical Media Advocate. This was meant for Christmas and received it after Christmas. This is I think our longest issue yet. This thing has sixty pages in it, which is insanity, completely shockful. We had a dedication to Drew Strusen there in the middle. Nice wide piece on Paul Thomas Anderson. All kinds of great stuff. Check it out. This is maybe my favorite issue we've done yet. It's pretty up there. Friend of the show that we both love and have met in person.
Speaker 2: Amazingly.
Speaker 3: Mister Laurent Omanzik from Germany just put out a book. Here is the Vegan Satanist Book that you can pick up right now. It is incredible, especially for the price. This thing was I think like twelve dollars and it's.
Speaker 2: Is it in English?
Speaker 3: It is in English.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh shit, Well I'm going to copy them.
Speaker 3: Three hundred page book, twelve bucks at Amazon dot com. Gremlin's artwork Madhouse is the same guy that always does the artwork usually that is a planet Mondo. You can check out planet dot Mondo on Instagram. He is great at what he does. And then the last thing. I am so excited about this thing. I don't think I've seen anybody except for one other person of my discord who picked this up. And I really hope more people get a chance at this. This is by Rachel Herb Netterer. This is a VHS case that's called Lost in the Static, and when you open this up, it is I love this. She took the VHS that she used to donate to take it apart for the case. She took the cover out so you can use it. And this is an entire book that she wrote on SOOV films. This is such clever packaging. It's called Lost in the Static The Untold Stories of Shot on Video Horror directed by Women. It is very very good. I got a couple stickers with it right on the inside from her. Some of the pieces that I've read on here. It is so good, like very like stuff that I've never heard of before, filmmakers, I've never heard it before. A lot of it is just capsule reviews, but I mean, when you're trying to cover as much as you possibly can in this this is again almost three hundred pages. It is such a clever way to release this, and I really hope more people check this out. I think she only had a certain number, like in the VHS packaging.
Speaker 2: And then she was selling the book by itself.
Speaker 3: But yeah, look up Rachel Herbnetterer on Instagram. That's where I got it. It was put out by Monster Press. I'm thoroughly impressed. This is such a fun.
Speaker 2: Release that's so vajazzled.
Speaker 3: Will thought of that four words into what I was talking about that and was just waiting the entire time.
Speaker 2: To state that that's pretty close.
Speaker 3: Actually, Oh man, Well, anything else you want to cover before we run through all of the announcements and then get started on the year stuff.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was something I'm really bad about long silences on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like they add dramatic weight, do you. I don't like those podcasts where it's just like, you know, I like a chance to take a breath and really feel the weight of the idea exchange. Okay, you know, it was the season, the holiday season, it was the New year. It was a dark year, but it had some bright things in it. And like, who would have thought in twenty twenty six, you know, Marjorie Taylor Green would be my ally on everything not related to human rights. We're still not on the same page for human rights, but for the partisan divide, we're aligned. You know, it's a weird it's a weird time. I'm trying to be optimistic twenty twenty six. Baby, I'm hoping it's going to be a good year. I can't believe it's twenty twenty six, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Uh, des, everybody knows. I just put the link for that lost in the static books since multiple people were asking you'd check that in the chat there for afterwards.
Speaker 2: America is going to be two hundred and fifty years old, one of the youngest countries.
Speaker 1: In the world, and it shows that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, we get emotional. We have difficulty with emotional regulation. You know, that's like a teenager thing. Yeah, hope we make it.
Speaker 3: Madhouse has a question for you.
Speaker 2: Will.
Speaker 3: In Japanese culture, hatsue you made is the first dream one has in the new year. The contents of such a dream would foretell the luck of the dreamer of the ensuing year. So what'd you dream last night?
Speaker 2: Will? Well? If it came true, it'd be great. What what's your name? Whoa, hey, it's twenty twenty six. What's their name? Okay? Sorry to you don't know? Or what's their names? No? I don't remember any recent dreams. Ever since I started taking sleep gummies. I get these really vivid dreams, but I don't remember them very well. What's the question. We'll say it again.
Speaker 3: What was the first dream that you had in twenty twenty six? It's that simple.
Speaker 2: Whatever dream I have tonight, I guess. I fell asleep at like seven o'clock last night. I wish, God, I wish. Then I woke up and I finished some idearly night before Oh, oh, you know what else? I finished a movie that I started in the theater and walked out on Dangerous Animals. Good movie. It came on to shudder, and so I watched the last fifty minutes, the part that I hadn't seen. I disagree and didn't care for it. You're a shock like me, Now I did. I don't know a shock. I didn't care for it, but you know I can understand liking it. I'm gonna say that like to everybody. Yeah you're like me. Yeah, shack.
Speaker 3: He I could see that a full like if we were spending the whole ninety eight minutes with him, that movie would have been much more annoying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well, you get to spend quite a bit of time listening to those two fucking millennials talk about roles, dinner rolls, commitment issues. Oh my god, I wish the sharks had gotten all of them. Oh man, that's great.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into announcements so we can get through this and talk about some of the heavier stuff. Let's start by bringing down the Hammer Hammer Films announcings that on March ninth they're putting out a four K blu ray dual format package of Spaceways from nineteen fifty three. Have you seen spaceways? I've not seen this one.
Speaker 2: I've not seen spaceways.
Speaker 3: So this is Howard Duff, known to posterity, is the definitive radio Sam Spade stars as a pioneering space engineer, embroiled and murder and espionage in this early fifties Hammer space Noir. This is gonna have a new commentary with a friend of the show, Heidi Honeycuts and Sarah Morgan. We got a new commentary on this one as well by David Flint. We've got lots of extras on here for anybody that is not paying attention to Hammer films releases. They are like setting the bar on what you should include as far as exhaustive supplements from especially from the archives, because Hammer has access to so much from the not on only just like the Hammer Archives themselves, but from British history, so much of it was properly stored and archived in a way that was accessible. They are absolutely crushing it and most of their stuff is coming out region free, so there's no excuse if you're into these films not to get them other than the price. And if that's the case, check out the standards. They're not that bad. Huge booklet on this we've got new writing by Heidi Honeycutt, Andrew Pixley, Sarah Morgan, Neill Sennard, Miriam Belenskew and Robert J. E. Simpson, plus some articles by hammer expert Wayne Kinsey. Lots of stuff on here. I'm looking forward to Tim Lucas discussing space ways and sci fi films of the period with Stephen Arbissett. That sounds like an incredible conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in it. This definitely has the seal of approval from several people I respect, chiefly Tim Lucas and Heidi Honeycutt. So yeah, sweet, all right.
Speaker 3: Next up, we've got Keno lober someday putting out a blue ray of Unearthly Stranger from nineteen sixty three. This is one that is directed by John Krish. I've never seen this one. I love this poster ard on this though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm into that. Another one that I'm unfamiliar with. But what a cast John Neville, Holy cow. Yeah. Geen Marsh we also lost this year. Geene Marsh created probably my number two favorite TV show ever Upstairs Downstairs, plus had a memorable one scene in the Changeling, and of course, was the evil bath Morda in Willow. Can you hear me? Okay, leaned back from the microphone to a company kitten. You did it.
Speaker 3: It's a little light, but it's it's pretty clear. I just want to say that I love Willow. Yeah, Adam says, this is very fun, small scale sci fi, and honestly I miss small scale sci fi. Not everything has to be the end of the world, all right. Next up is Keto eventually releasing a four K of nineteen eighty two's The Seduction. This is going to be a brand new four K master. They do not mention hd R, which they normally do on least one thing to keep an eye out on. It's the same director as Tourist Trap. This is a fun movie. This was released previously. Have you seen this one? Got Morgan Fairchild in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that back in the VHS days, so I'd be happy to see a nice restored version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully this looks great, all right. Next up, we've got fundraising campaign Christopher Bickle, who is indie filmmaker that's put out I think three films in the last six seven years something like that. They've all been getting increasingly much more fun with every release, and they've all been pretty decent for essentially being done completely on a shoe stream budget. I am very very excited to see what comes from this one. He's been hyping this up for quite some time. He is putting out a project here that he is calling this one is I'm Sorry cut to Red is the title of this film. And he put out a short film called see You on the Beach, which is a short film that is essentially a proof of concept film. He is from I believe Aaron I see you in the chat. I think he's from South Carolina, Is that right? He's from that side of the country. Does most of his shooting there, get some really fun people involved. He is making some good stuff. He's the same guy that did Potter Nose Stare in the Mission of Light last year, which was or maybe that even came out this year. He's working very very quickly. He also did Bad Girls and then The Theta Girl before that. Really great stuff. And what is interesting here is Kickstarter and indie Gogo have caused so many problems for so many creative types that Chris is trying to just write on his reputation and say, fuck these fundraising campaign sites that take all your money and try to do things to be shady to the people that are supporting you. We're just going to do it ourselves. So essentially, You can go to a site right now is cutthred dot com. You can buy a Blu ray of the of the film right now. You can pre order early access all kinds of different ways, and you can support it without giving you know, thirty percent of your cut to Kickstarter or like Indiegogo does if you if you go to support something through Indiegogo, they ask for a tip and then that goes to Indiegogo and not the creator that is trying to do the fundraising, which is super shady. So yeah, check it out if you're into it. Very fun indie filmmaker, and I think you'll.
Speaker 2: Like it cool. I was going to promote a Kickstarter later, I guess I won't.
Speaker 3: You can feel free, all right. Next up then is Predator. Bad Lands are getting a four K steel book on February seventeenth. Shockingly enough, there will also be a standard four K. Then there will be a Blu ray and a DVD of course, and when they're putting it out, there's gonna be deleted in previous scenes with optional audio commentary. A handful of those, a few featurettes, and they look to be really fun. And then there's gonna be a commentary on a Disney disc with Dan Trachenberg, which is kind of surprising. Plus a few of the producers stunt coordinators in the DP. I am liking what they're putting into this film. I'm glad this did okay at the box office. Probably not as well as they wish that it had, but I dig it, and I already see a couple of people saying that the inside artwork should be on the outside, and I gotta be honest, I disagree. I kind of like the outside artwork here. It's a little better than just the floating heads. It's actually doing something.
Speaker 2: So I didn't see this. As I mentioned to you, I have misgivings about an Emo Predator. Well, I tell you what would have made it work for me? As if they had licensed the Bruce Springsteen song, if the climactic battle was set to Bruce Springsteen's bad Lands, I would see the hell out of this movie.
Speaker 3: It's a good movie. Everybody should see it. I don't trust you, man, I know, yeah, believe me. I know I love you, but we're different.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Will attest to that coming soon, coming soon from Sonia.
Speaker 2: I feel like we take two steps forward, we take one step forward. And two steps back. But Oka, but we come together?
Speaker 3: Is that a euphemism?
Speaker 2: No, it's because opposite is attract.
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh. Coming soon from Sony Pictures is a four K steal book, a stand four K, a Blu ray DVD of the brand new seminal film Anaconda, which people growing up with this one. I'm sorry, uh, Jack Black, Paul Rudd and Anaconda. You can pre order it now if this is your thing. I did not see it.
Speaker 2: But how are you talking to shit?
Speaker 3: Because I saw the trailer.
Speaker 2: I thought the trailer would fine. Look now, I don't know if you're old enough. I'm a little older than you. But the original Ana Conda, Yes, did you see that in the theater? Because I saw that in a theater. Bruh.
Speaker 3: I was ten years old when that came out.
Speaker 2: Oh so the theater, ice Cube, Carrie were John Voyd Owen Wilson. That's John Voyd's best performance in thirty.
Speaker 3: It's giving an unhinged performance of that.
Speaker 2: The Ana Conda was giving the unhinged performance because of the jaw. Yeah, I got okay, there are extults with the pen and his throat.
Speaker 3: I love that he used an idiot for like twenty seven seconds and they're like chrick Stalts in Anacona.
Speaker 2: Anaconda was awesome. I actually had misgivings about that this new one because it's too straightforward a comedy. I'll probably see it on streaming, but the original Anaconda choice.
Speaker 3: There are there are a shocking number of shots in that first Anaconda, which is literally just the camera shooting over to John Voight and him making the craziest face.
Speaker 2: You know. It was funny because there's the whole joke in Tim Burton's ed Wood right where Benzentalafrey I was playing Wars and Wells and he's talking to Edward about how he's trying to make Touch of Evil and the studio wants Trumpton Heston to play a Mexican and then then Ana Conda comes out around the same time with John Voight. What is he supposed to be from Brazil, Brigantina or something. It's the best.
Speaker 3: The good old days, you know.
Speaker 2: And Carrie were should have been a bigger star. I was so upset when Vinegar Syndrome put out the Prophecy one through three but didn't include Carrie Werer's great work in Prophecy four and five. Yep, when are you going to get those?
Speaker 3: Probably not now?
Speaker 2: Well, Anaconda, I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 3: I mean i'd see it. Yeah, all right, we'll just got very happy. February ninth, there's a Blu ray coming still in the UK from screen band of John Wayne's Circus World with Rita Hayworth and Claudia Cardinale. This.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on with the rights.
Speaker 3: This does not have an HD release here in the state, so it seems like this is the only way to get this on Blu Ray. Tell us about Circus World.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait. What do you get when you cross John Wayne, Claudia Cardinal and Rita Hayworth and a bunch of European jugglobs a circus? Yes, it's fantastic. Rest in peace, Claudia card Now, I love her.
Speaker 3: She's another one lost this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one of the few European artists to die who actually was not problematic as far as I know, until the chat starts coming at me. Right, Actually she hated the romani butif well, we were talking about romani moth right, good moths they're called now, but uh, Anyway, Circus World's actually super fun. It's like three hours long and John Wayne runs a freakingcern. Dude, what do you want me to tell you? If that sounds good to you, then you are gonna love this movie. And if you're Ryan, you won't.
Speaker 3: There we go two steps forward or two steps back, and.
Speaker 2: This is great. Seriously, there's like the whole backstory of tragedy involving trapezes and whatnot. Yeah, is that what they're called? When they're a plural trapezes?
Speaker 3: Trap trip? Those are trapezoids.
Speaker 2: You're a trapezoid? What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to our next one, which I'm curious if you have thoughts on this one. Uh. The band five to eight is putting out a Blu Ray DVD Combo of five eight or sorry, weirdo, the Story of five eight. This is available now. You can get this on their website. They've got the feature documentary. It's a little over one hundred minutes long. They've got the cover autograph. If you're into the band five eight and get that. There is a new seventy six minute dot on the band featuring the best of Q and AS from a year of touring. Three audio commentaries with a bunch of people from the band and X members, some deleted scenes and all that stuff. Have you ever been into five to eight?
Speaker 2: Will never heard of them?
Speaker 3: Where they it's a small punk band? What small punk band?
Speaker 2: I believe? Small punk band?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And now we got everybody in the chat making six seven jokes. Goot enough of that for my ten year old I have eight.
Speaker 2: Well, now it's starting to sound familiar. What's the song? I shouldn't that. I honestly have named three songs right.
Speaker 3: I'm not wearing their shirt. I don't know name three junk Carboner modes, Black Christmas shoot.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Next up we got some artwork reveals and some date reveals and all that other fun stuff for the film Ben hur coming on February seventeenth. We are getting a four K steal book with this fairly classic cover art on the steel book, and it is going to get a standard four K on the same day. And this will look like that, And this is going to have a Brandy respiration of the film. It's gonna have Dolby Vision with HDR, and then it's gonna have a Dolby at most audio track. We'll also have two brand new features, been Her, Anatomy of an Epic and The Cinematography of Scale. I do believe that this has dropped off a couple of the extras that were on the old Blu ray, and it's got pretty much everything else. So Unfortunately, if this is like one of your favorite movies all of all time, you might be compelled to hold on to that Blue. But this will probably be a great looking for k.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm still holding on to an old DVD set that includes the original nineteen twenty five been Her. Yep, Yeah, which is fantastic and I hope it gets its own release sometime. I tout it every well, cause like, who's going to do a deluge release of a lesser known silent movie.
Speaker 3: Well, Classic Clicks Deaf Crocodile.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, which William Wyler was second unit director on. Yeah, and I believe anyway, Yeah, the Paul Berman still got that dis set with the old been Her, but I love ben Her. Paul Berman says Ben They, Well, because it's spelled h u r, it could be ben Z.
Speaker 3: Well, Paul actually said what about ben him? Ben They, and then Colton says, well, I mean it has kind of Been Gay, Super Being Gay. All right, On the same day, February seventeenth, we are also getting a four K release of All the President's Men.
Speaker 2: In the Steel Book.
Speaker 3: Anyways, if you are not into Steel Books, this is the standard four K that's coming out on that same day.
Speaker 2: I'm freaking Robert Redford died. I didn't think that could happen.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yeah, same thing. We got a four K restoration of the film, HDR presentation of the movie, and then two new extras. We got All the President's Men in the film and its influence and Woodward and Bernstein a journalism masterclass, either one of those two that you're after there, sir, of the not the dudes. The two releases coming on the same day, All the President's Men and Ben hur both Yeah, okay, all right. March tenth, Blu Ray coming in the US from Alliance, which is Mill Creek. They just changed their name of the Chase from nineteen sixty six. Speaking of fairly large cast, We've got Robert Redford, Marlon Brando, Brando Brando, Jane Fonda, Arthur penn All in this movie. It's supposed to be great. When Slubbert reeves escapes from prison. It upsets the folks in the nearby town of Tarle, Texas. Sheriff wants to capture Reeves alive, which puts them in the opposition to many of the townspeople who have resorted to mob justice. I think this got Was it a Twilight Time release earlier?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I have nice it was in that to make a call back to a previous show. It was in that huge box that was delivered to the abandoned house, the box floor the going out of business twilight and sale where I bought half their catalog, not realizing that they would all be upgraded systematic.
Speaker 3: Is it an upgrade if it's Mill Creek.
Speaker 2: No, I'll stick with the Twilight Time for now. But this is a good movie. Good I like it.
Speaker 3: Next April seventh, we've got Kimstim releasing a film Sanatorium under the Sign of the hour Glass from twenty twenty four. This is a name that many people are gonna recognize. And the thing here, there is no indication that this is not going to be an Ocean release, So remember Kimstim is an Ocean partner label. Now, this absolutely could be released with the slipcover if that's your thing. It will be the exact same disc. But this is the wide release coming of this one, and it's by the Quay Brothers. This one is going to be it's produced by Christopher Nolan, So if you want that name attached to it, congratulations. There is going to be some extras on here. But this is I believe their first film. Was it twenty years after the last feature. I've never seen anything from them? Will so have you? Is this somebody that you've dove into a lot?
Speaker 2: No, no, No, don't know them.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of friends that are very, very excited about them as filmmakers, So I certainly need to look into them more because yeah, not seen a single one. I know that over on the Deaf Crocodile Discord they get mentioned.
Speaker 2: Quite a few times.
Speaker 3: Oh Colton is excited for Sanatorium Love the has adaptation. All right, next up?
Speaker 2: You know what? I've seen this come across my streaming service algorithms and on big online behemoths, and I just at the moment that you pulled it up on the screen, I just got the pun of the title. It didn't occur to me until this moment.
Speaker 3: Oh that is so fun. So on January twentieth. There is a Blu ray and probably a DVD coming from Decal of Fackham Hall. That is a film that just came out in twenty twenty five. It is a spoof film that crosses Downtown Abbey with airplane down Abbey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean that. I was just trying to read quickly Downton Abbey with airplane and follows a lovable.
Speaker 2: Is that like a British MTV host.
Speaker 3: It's hosted by Carson Fortnite. Oh, that was a super dub joke.
Speaker 2: Of MTV just announced that they would go They would no longer air music videos.
Speaker 3: MTV does not exist anymore. That was what they did. Yeah, it is completely gone. They played video killed the radio Star and took it all down.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what and then we can talk about facamah. Okay. The thing that I feel the sorriest what is what am I trying to say? The thing that I the single the single thing that I feel saddest about millennials and gins z's and jen Alpha's not experiencing is MTV. And when I talk about MTV and classes on you know, media history and so on, ZRs and alphas like all they've ever known is ridiculousness. They don't, they don't, they don't even they don't even know the real world, much less freaking turning on your TV at any time you and watching freaking Chuck d take down the system, right, you know what I mean? And and I'm you know, I don't know if you're old enough, but I'm just old enough to have grown up on MTV before Carson Daily, right before, because the beginning of the end really was uh, total requests live yep, right when they just let some bunch of thirteen year old idiot kid like who are now elder millennials. I guess request in sync over and over, but we had had Banger's Ball and you OMTV raps and one hundred and twenty minutes an Alternative Nation with former liberal Kennedy. It's just sad I miss it, oh Kennedy. So here's what I have to say, fuck them all. Back to your advertisement for this British spoof.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna mention that Colton said at their house they call it downtown Arby's. So this is a spoof that crosses downtown Abbey with airplane and follows Lovable pickpocket as he lands a job at a unique English manor house. He quickly rises through the ranks and forms a forbidden romance until an unexpected murder occurs. I saw this in the theater. Did not love this. It was an attempt at a very frenetic airplane, like laugh every five seconds.
Speaker 2: The hard part is that, inspector, I speak Cockney.
Speaker 3: The only reason that airplane works is because you have to you. I mean, there's so many jokes that land, uh that it is like genuinely great with this one, Like one out of every eight or.
Speaker 2: Nine jokes actually landed.
Speaker 3: So it's it's it's a higher ratio than many, but still not high enough. I feel very weird that Tom Felton and Thomas and Mackenzie were in this. Neither one of those were faces I expected, And uh yeah, check it out if you want that.
Speaker 2: Blu RAYIDPID recommendation.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to recommend it. I'm just being honest. That's my job.
Speaker 2: Only every eighth joke lands if.
Speaker 3: You are into twelve and a half percent of jokes being funny. Oh god, that was that was pretty good. April seventh, Anchor Bay Entered is releasing a Blu Ray of twenty twenty three's Artificial Flowers. This is set entirely during a single evening in a sleek la high rise. Two accomplished writers are in the film. They find themselves entwined in a verbal and emotional tug of war. As wine flows and the city lights glow around them. Their conversation quickly spirals beyond casual chatter. What begins is creative brainstorming, becomes a raw excavation of their darkest secrets, past traumas and fractured psyches.
Speaker 2: And I have no idea what this is. Never heard of it. Well, there's one thing I know a lot about. It's fractured psyches.
Speaker 3: And cheer trauma. Uh oh man, I'm so ready for Will's comments on this.
Speaker 2: We go four.
Speaker 3: Well Go USA on January twenty is putting out a Blu Ray DVD of Reverence from twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: God Pardon for jan six and now He's out for revenge.
Speaker 3: Ex Marine Shannon Sadler becomes entangled and apparent's word nightmare when his daughter Maddie goes missing after a tense encounter with her boyfriend. An exhaustive investigation ensues and a determined detective takes on the case, but things spiral into chaos when dark truths emerge. With time running out in his daughter's life on the line, one father's desperation pushes him to draw on his military past and take matters into his own hands.
Speaker 2: This guy's like, hey, man, listen, I got some skills, and these skills are particular. You know what I'm saying. Oh gosh, you bring her back. You bring her back. You said you you right up here in your pickup truck and let her go. Yeah. I kind of want to see this now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's enough for reverence.
Speaker 2: So who is that? Who does this star? Someone? Nope? Okay, this is just straight.
Speaker 3: Up nothing, just Red State porn.
Speaker 2: Well for once, Well go USA is not just the company, it's the tagline. We'll go USA. You know that was pretty quick.
Speaker 3: Good job, all right, h Next up, we've got Lionsgate putting out a four K of The Housemaid, which was just out in theaters this last month. It's getting a four K Blu Raine DVD in the UK soon. You can pre order that now. There are some extras on here. We got a commentary with Paul fig We get a commentary with Paul Fig and a creative team. We've got a featurette called Making the Housemaid, a featurette called a Housemaid Tour, a peek inside, and then some deleted scenes and outtakes. I saw this movie. Uh, it was very entertaining, just not a good movie.
Speaker 2: If it's entertaining, it's a good movie. It depends what you're going for.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah, I love.
Speaker 2: You, especially because I've been for the last six months making the joke that Amanda se Sayfrid is the Liberals Sydney Sweeney, and now we get them together with Seyfried Seafried, Seyfriedfrid Cifred as the bad guy, shut up and Paul Fig right, PAULI didn't wouldn't he didn't he do Heavyweights? Didn't he wasn't he in Heavyweights? He was greatest film ever made. Heavyweights. He's that guy. He is that guy. He directed Bridesmaids.
Speaker 3: He did. He's a good director. It's a it's a fun movie. The the house itself and this was a very interesting setting for it.
Speaker 2: Now, this is not a remake of the Korean film.
Speaker 3: That is not called The Housemaid. Isn't that the Housemaiden?
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't know you got me all messed up. Now, Well, I'm interested in this. I like a good cat fight. Who's that That dude is not the dude from the Sydney Sweeten romantic comedy and The hit Man.
Speaker 3: Uh it is Brandon Skleener and he is their scleener. He's pretty intimidating in this movie. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of the other guy with no lips, but he's really high. Which one everybody loves him? The hip Man Raymond, the hit Man?
Speaker 3: Oh uh uh oh god, Glenn Glenn Powell, that's his name.
Speaker 2: He just the He was on Saturday and Live and they did a sketch in which one of the cast members does the whole bit is doing an impression of the stand up Convenient Sebastian Merrit Merrit Mariciano, you know.
Speaker 3: No, oh, like mana Scalo or something like that.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't know who this guy is. So I looked him up and holy damn, it was a perfect impression of that guy. But that's not Brandon's scleener. Who's Brandon Scleaner.
Speaker 3: I don't know the Park Chan Wook film you were talking about as the Handmaiden, not the House.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about the Park Chen Wuke film. I'm talking about the Korean film from the sixties.
Speaker 3: Which the Park chend Wook film is a remake.
Speaker 2: Up, it is a remake of it. Okay, it is The Handmaiden. Okay, okay, okay, this is not this is the House made.
Speaker 3: This is an adaptation of a modern book.
Speaker 2: A book, yes, a modern book, a contemporary book. Who is Brandon's scleener. That's that's my question for the evening.
Speaker 3: I love it. Tyler said, he's the third scolar brother. Uh oh, He's the antagonist in Drop. He's the date in that film that came out this year.
Speaker 2: Did you.
Speaker 3: I know you didn't see Drop, but I'm sure you saw the trailer.
Speaker 2: So he's new. He's an up and comer.
Speaker 3: He's an up and comer. He's quite intimidating in this movie. Is this film also getting a four K? Here in the US? It is coming into digitbook. You can check that out. It's not dated, but you can pre order on Amazon.
Speaker 2: We were going to talk about it later, but we'll just cover it now. There.
Speaker 3: It is The Housemaid.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 3: The Perfect Gamble starring David Rquette, and what looks to be either terrible photoshop or ruthless AI. This is coming on January thirteenth, also from Well Go USA. Seems to be a rough period for them, Blu ray and DVD.
Speaker 2: Are you sure that's David Arkett on the cover and not Danny Abacuser.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I very well could be wrong. Fresh out of prison, high rolling gamblers Charlie Felix risk everything to build an underground casino. As business booms, Charlie falls for their newest hire, Sorria, a sharp witted woman with a dangerous pass.
Speaker 2: I can't see.
Speaker 3: My eyes are killing me today because I've been on the computer for like nineteen hours straight. But when the Russian mafia takes notice of their success, the stakes are raised as their dream turns into a deadly game where every bet could be their last.
Speaker 2: I love it. I kind of want to see this.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's get into SEMOSI in if you have to.
Speaker 2: Sh out of prison. I don't think you're a high roller anymore.
Speaker 3: It depends were you and gen pop.
Speaker 2: Daved Arquette. I'm assuming probably all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's go to this big one in twenty twenty six, Warner Brothers putting out a four K of speed Racer from two thousand and eight. This is one of the most coveted four k's for a lot of people for the last handful of years, because the colors from this are going to make your eyeballs bleed. Do you like speed Racer from two thousand and eight?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it yet. However, one of my students this past semester in my Cult Film's class did a project in which he argued that speed Racer is going to be considered one of the next great cult classics. So I was like, well, I guess I'll see it.
Speaker 3: It is wildly stylistic. It is something that is definitely going to be a big deal for a lot of people that grew up on this. The final scene in this or the final act, I guess of this is pretty damn impressive, and it's going to look great. That being said, keep in mind, this is really only going to be like a two K upscale and then with HDR applied, it's not going to be a proper full four K release.
Speaker 2: Wonder this shit I'm dealing with right now. When I move my camera, we'll see here.
Speaker 3: I will make that better?
Speaker 2: What up, Doug? I don't even know what he wants. I do know what he wants. He wants his pills. My dog has anxiety, so he takes a shit ton of Gabba Penn and Zoloft.
Speaker 3: This sounds like two characters from Yo Gabba Gabba.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's a bully. He's like sixty seven pounds. What's he got to be anxious about. Ain't nobody fucking with him?
Speaker 3: Ronnie's excited though, all right, that is speed racer. I'm sad that Will hasn't seen it. I have a feeling you'd actually like this one quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like I should take a bunch of trucker speed first, like a whole bottle of yellow jackets. Please don't.
Speaker 3: I would really like you to survive this year.
Speaker 2: Oh man. I used to take yellow jackets every day. My scalp felt like bugs were crawling on it all the time. Oh boy, Oh I used to be into drugs.
Speaker 3: I still am, but I.
Speaker 2: Used to be.
Speaker 3: Conra Holt said speed Racers played at midnight at the Vista this month.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun. Yeah, that'd be cool. Although I gotta tell you I was just talking.
Speaker 3: The matrix is obviously my arm.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I was just talking to somebody about this the other day. You know, I'm very pleased to live near an Alamo draft house and yeah, all that stuff. But like all the movies I want to see, the showtimes are like nine thirty ten o'clock, and I can't do that shit anymore. Man. I can start a movie at ten o'clock if I'm at home, knowing full well I'm gonna fall asleep and finish it the next money. But I can't. I can't drive to a public place and interact with denizens of the night.
Speaker 3: I I don't know if you've noticed the same thing or if it's not the same over there. I have been very excited to see a lot of bands that I grew up loving that are still touring or touring again, are also old like me, and have changed to only have like one opener and the show starts at like six thirty. And suddenly bands that used to go on stage at like eleven are now going on stage at like eight, and I'm so excited about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it's going. Like last month, I went to see the Melvins and Red Cross started at eight over by ten thirty. That's the way to do it, guys.
Speaker 3: It's a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, pack it in two and a half hours, get home, call it a day. All right.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about these after and time for oc in. It's my round up of last year.
Speaker 2: Oka. Well, I didn't get an opportunity to make a graphic.
Speaker 3: You did. You had a full year to do it, all right. Uh First up, the VSU for this month is tank Girl, Lori petty and uh I a bunch of I.
Speaker 2: Don't like that they gave her ed great movie, but I don't know about that cover art.
Speaker 3: Dude, is this one any better?
Speaker 2: I mean, seriously, though, go back to it. Yeah, that's not what she looks like, not even a little bit. Yeah, I don't know. I mean, not that it has to be photo realistic, but that's weird.
Speaker 3: It is weird quite a bit. Rachel Talle directs this and I I personally I loved taking Oh maybe maybe I've always said I might be wrong. I'm also tired.
Speaker 2: Well, like Rachel, I like that.
Speaker 3: Either way, I can't read. Who cares? Take Girls Great? I think people should check it out. It is a very fun movie. You got some other big names in this. Youve got Malcolm McDowell, you got Iced Tea, Naomi Watts, some interesting extras here. So there is a commentary with Christin Lopez, who was just on my channel in the last month. We got a new featurette with Rachel and Gary Baseman. We've got a new interview with Lori Petty, We've got a new interview with a production designer, new interview with one of the other actors with the casting director. A bunch of new interviews. However, there was another commentary with Rachel and Lori Petty that was on the previous Shout release that does not appear to be poured it over here, so you might want to hold out of that one.
Speaker 2: It's on Umbrella though, right.
Speaker 3: It is on the Umbrella release.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I have the Umbrella release, but basically in addition to being a four K.
Speaker 3: Upgrade, a bunch of new interviews too.
Speaker 2: All the new stuff, although a forty page book. Well that it has a forty page book also, but it's different people, right, So I guess in addition to two copies of Jade, you should get two copies of tank Girl if you.
Speaker 3: If you don't want any more, shelf space double dip on everything. Uh so, tank Girl, how do you feel about Tank Girl? You haven't said anything yet.
Speaker 2: I haven't let you get it out. I like tink Girl. You told me I didn't talk enough the last couple of times. So now I'm like over correcting, like, oh, I tell you all the time, I try to get energy. I don't will anymore. You so so low energy. So here I am.
Speaker 3: You just didn't like that because I said thank you to somebody else who said the same thing.
Speaker 2: Content Oh somebody? Uh okay, do you want a trance story from Rando? Uh no, tell the story? We're allowed to. I don't think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure you can, it's up to.
Speaker 2: Us if it is to be, it's up to me. Any thoughts on Tank Girl, that's not it's good. It is good.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's not. I'm not arguing with you.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. Here's for anybody who's unfamiliar with Tank Girl. I was in college nineteen ninety six, nineteen ninety seven, right, and when this film came out on video at the videostroy work. Now I'm not for whatever reason, because it wasn't something I did on purpose it wasn't something I shied away from. But for whatever reason, most of my friend group were in what was then called the GLBT community now different or but and every especially every lesbian that I knew.
Speaker 3: Part of the pun here and this is not meant is a euphemism, but it's not going to come out any way.
Speaker 2: That is not like that, Ronnie has you pegged wow phrasing? That was why I yeah, uh, I'm just trying to say. Of course Sidner would call this a waste of time, but I just want to say when Tank Girl came out, every lesbian I knew lost their minds. They were so excited to have a movie that spoke to them, and I was so happy to be introduced to it in that way. You know, great comic source material and uh, and the movie is a lot of fun. Yeah, Ryan, you're putting people in awkward positions. Me particularly, that is enough. Take Girl.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the next one.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, you're gonna cowtow to Sibner? Is that what you're gonna do? Yes? Yes, I am wow. Yeah. This is why the country is in the state it's in because no one has the spine to stand up.
Speaker 3: Don't put the cart before the horse. Are there any other farm animal puns that we can make?
Speaker 2: I recommend Tanker.
Speaker 3: The other title from VS this is coming from the mainline of YS this month is Terror Firmer from nineteen ninety eight, the trauma film Terror Firmer. This is coming on four K from the original Ocen, which is wild. This is going to be a three disc set with a just an absolute shit ton of extras, tons of commentaries, tons of retrospective interviews, forty eight minute brand new retrospective documentary, new featurette detailing the premie You're of Terra Firmer in January of two thousand, like all kinds of stuff, so much stuff that it is crazy when you go look at the website. This is one of their most stacked releases in a while. This is also going to have a forty page book with essays by Matthew Klickstein, Alex Gooder, and Heather Drain Love Heather Drain.
Speaker 2: I showed this as a not in glass. I showed this just as a campus event, and about a third of the audience was like, this is the greatest movie I've ever seen, and the other two thirds of the audience left. I loved Terror firmer and you know this is Merchants of Death. Still waiting for the ultimate Trauma release, but this is great.
Speaker 3: We'll see if it happens. It seems like they're making their way through most of them. Next up, speaking to Merchants of Death, VS is releasing as part of their main line, a four K release of Dario Argento's Phantom of the Opera. Now we'll I know you got lots of thoughts on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun. You know it's been maligned, not completely unjustly. What was this? This was the follow up to Stendall Syndrome, right, yep. But I thought it was cool. It's funny, it's atmospheric. It's another banger performance by Ossi Argento, who we're going to hear from again just a moment later today. Yeah. I would not put this in the top tier, but I would not put this in the bottom tier. This kind of mid put it around maybe slightly below Trauma. Yeah, you know, but I'm happy. I'm happy to get rid of my old Scorpion Blu Ray and take this upgrade.
Speaker 3: And they poured it over the extras. You got the commentary at Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson. That's pretty good on this one. You've got a lot of interviews that run some of those previous releases. This is going to be a solid looking release. It'll look great, just not one of his best.
Speaker 2: I know that, and I sympathize with this view. I know that you always prefer something new that you've never seen before than an upgrade. Sure, but as somebody who's completely out of her own, yes, I'm happy to get upgrades. And in fact, there's a couple upgrades that we'll talk about later that I'm super pleased about. But yes, Family Opera, I like it good.
Speaker 3: Next up one I'm quite excited for. We got a Blu ray release coming as part of the VS main line of Made in Hong Kong Volume two. This is going to include New York Chinatown. It will include best of the Best, and it will include Final Justice. Lots of extras listed here. I have unfortunately not seen any of these yet. A lot of these have been discoveries for me, so thanks to Vinegar Syndrome for those. We had a forty page book coming on this with essays by John Dixon, Travis Woods, and Sam Degan. New York Chinatown, will have a commentary with Kenneth Bronson. There's a new interview with Melvin Wong, new interview with Long Poissan That's of the best love of commentary with Sam Degan, a new interview with Herman Yao, an interview with Tony Lunghanghwa, an interview with Bens Kong, and then new visual essay by our friend miss Erica Schultz. Congrats Erica. This is gonna be Kento pop in Hong Kong cinema, a golden age, a multimedia stardom and I am dying to see that. And then final Justice. We'll have a commentary with one and only Frank Jang in a new interview with Alman Wang. Yeah, this looks like a really solid release. I'm very excited for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I enjoyed the first box set and these these are all films that I have not seen, but I have on like lists of movies to watch.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's perfect timing. Yeah, let's go to our next one. They have made the second version of their Vinegar Zene Drome available. This is their paperback zine that you can check out. This is limited to only fifteen hundred units. There is a meet the VS staffer of portion on EV who everybody used to get emails from, and now she's not the only customer service rep anymore, so everybody gets emails from other people. There is gonna be a piece by Curtis, who's been on the show here before. There's an interview with Hot Love, who does a bunch of the slipcover designs and has worked with a bunch of other companies including Deaf Crocodile and did the layout for Miss Erica Schultz book Love Hot Love's work. There's gonna be a piece on CAT three and introduction of the Extreme Cinema Hong Kong by miss Sam Degan, and then the interview with Sam Digastrina full of hell. Yeah, looks like a really solid lineup.
Speaker 2: Love it. Okay, I didn't check out the first scene. I guess this might be worth looking at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty, I mean less than ten bucks not bad. Vinegar Syndrome has added a few new things as far as merch. We've got this Vinegar Syndrome Beanie Volume two. There's a Behind the Green Door soundtrack CD, and then this long sleeved tea. But my big thing, I like the design I just hope before they send it out to everybody they properly spell vinegar syndrome.
Speaker 2: I thought it was on purpose. I thought it was like some Cockney thing.
Speaker 3: God, I hope not. It's vender car.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a Norse thing, some kind of Nordic heritage, I mean, like a beard.
Speaker 3: Well they called it Okham's razor.
Speaker 2: So oh there's boobies. I can't wear that to work.
Speaker 3: No, the boobies are covered, there's no nipples. Tyler says they should leave it like that too. I really hope that.
Speaker 2: It'll be worth more if you get the misspelled.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, yeah, not great venderger syndrome. All right, let's talk about some partner label announcements, because there are a ton of them. There's five, Yeah, that first off, giant number to start the year.
Speaker 2: It's more than a score, it's true.
Speaker 3: On top of that, I had not counted in the longest time they have more than forty active partner labels. Now more than forty.
Speaker 2: Thoughts they must offer him a great deal. I don't know, all right, I mean it shows they're hustling, you know. If it works in terms of me as a as a consumer, it's you know, I get a lot of shit for not watching new or not. First of all, I get a lot of shit for not watching new movies. And then when I do watch new movies, I get a lot of shit because I don't watch the right new movies. Right, Like, like last time I talked about watching the Accountant Franchise and I got some shit, was like, well, you'd find good movies if you didn't watch those movies. Well, these partner labels are how I watch newer films like real And I.
Speaker 3: Let the record state before he could continues on, nobody said that.
Speaker 2: To will last time? Look back through the chat. Nobody has time for that. Well that happened. Don't don't gaslight Ryan.
Speaker 3: I don't. I do not recall a single person saying that last.
Speaker 2: Well, just because you didn't recall it doesn't it wasn't about you, So it didn't pierce you to your core.
Speaker 3: Because I lead all this with an ego you're in.
Speaker 2: Oh well, anyway, my point is, I mean, it doesn't. It didn't bother me. I just like I clocked it and was like, well, you know this is how I watch. Yeah, when I want to turn my brain off, I watch the Accountant. I'm not judging contemporary movies by what like Hollywood Studios puts out. When OCEM puts out a film like this Seven Walks with Mark Brown, I am keenly interested in seeing it and giving it its proper due. This looks fantastic. Would you like to talk about it? Ryan?
Speaker 3: I wanted to point out Brendan's quote of it didn't bother me, and then you just talked about her for the last three minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, no, it's a point that I'm making, Like I'm not I'm not offended by it. Yes, I wasted my time watching the Accountant movies. You're right, I should not have said that. Okay, I just know. I just want to I just want to, like clarify. But I don't think that all contemporary movies are like The Accountant.
Speaker 3: That was fun all right. Seven to Walks with Mark Brown from twenty twenty four is coming out from Several Futures. That is the partner label that is releasing it. We are getting this release here and it's going to be a region A lock disc. It's got the Lady Short films from the director Pierre Creton. He's got still Life prima Vera, and that is one of those. We've got two short films by creating a bar together and by short films, they're pretty Midlin thirty twenty six and then forty one minutes is the new interview on that last one. New artwork here on the slipcover by Tyler Rubinfeld and a booklet with a new essay by Leo Goldsmith. But yeah, this one sounds pretty dang interesting.
Speaker 2: Check out the trailer. I mean, also the I think the discard is better than the slipcover art personally. Now we're gonna pull that up in a new tap to go see it. Yeah, this looks fantastic. It's the kind of documentary that I'm It's like if Werner Hurt sog were like a quiet and gentle soul, you know, which is not to put down Burner Hurt sog By.
Speaker 3: Oh that yeah, you're right, that is pretty good sleeve on the inside.
Speaker 2: Would you say that again?
Speaker 3: You're right? I say that often.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that looks really nice. Yeah, all right, go to the next one.
Speaker 2: Like go back, oh, come by, because like go to the tap like in that one, Oh, look he's being filmed while he smells the flower and then the book cover. He's getting pegged by a rock. He's like, Ooh, that's not crail or maybe it is great. I don't know, it depends what's the next one.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to get like an email from YouTube. We've removed your video. You mentioned pegging three times and that's too many times.
Speaker 2: You can say words, you just can't show pictures.
Speaker 3: No, they flag certain words too well.
Speaker 2: We were talking about Cracker Barrel the American Institution.
Speaker 3: Next up, IFC is putting out After School from two thousand and eight, starring the completely non problematic Ezra Miller. This is directed by Antonio compos This says Rob is a prep school kid obsessed with online porn and violent videos. When he accidentally films a drug overdose by popular girls on his camera, his obsessions become reality.
Speaker 2: Jesus a documentary of his early life. Their early life.
Speaker 3: We got a new commentary by the director on here and archival commentary with the director, the producer and the cinematographer. Some trailer, cell phone videos, deleted and alternate scenes with option a commentary optional commentary. Those are the words as a short film by the director that's called the last fifteen an interview with Ezra Miller and a school promotional video. I left when I read that. Were they like go to school kids?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? I looked at the trailer to this and it looked probably not for me, but certainly seems to be an emerging genre of like the new media landscape and trauma of young people. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if Ezra Miller is not enough, Rosemary de Witt is also.
Speaker 2: In this couple.
Speaker 3: Would say my big names a bunch of acting.
Speaker 2: Oh I meant bad things. No, okay, this one. I thought I saw that dude from the bear and the trailer, but maybe not you did.
Speaker 3: It's Jeremy Allen White.
Speaker 2: Well he's not listed. No, well, he was still very new to the scene. It was two thousand and eight. He was, well, yeah, but yeah, hey, let me tell you tell me that bear dude looks goodness. Underwear? Have you seen that? No, he did the underwear commercial. I have no idea what you're talking about. Well, who's the homophobe?
Speaker 3: Now, I don't watch I'm I'm I'm a commercial phobe. I don't watch ads. I have no clue what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh, google it safe search.
Speaker 3: Google Jerry allow white underwear, all right. Next, Birthright is coming out from brain Storm Media. This is from twenty twenty five and as when a couple expecting their first child to it.
Speaker 2: But that's free Erica.
Speaker 3: When a couple expecting their first child town hoping for a fresh start, they're confronted by a darkness that threatens to claim their onboard child as they discover their place and the cursed history of their new home.
Speaker 2: For those listening to the podcast without benefit of the visual, the backside of the slip cover is a baby carriage on fire, and Ronnie says there are lesbians in this movie, so it's got something for everybody. Amazing.
Speaker 3: This has the trailer, behind the scenes and some deleted scenes on the disc. Brainstorm Media. They've put out a couple of good ones so far. I'm interested in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is on Shutter too. I think maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: I think it at least was on Shutter. Yeah, I'm not sure if it still is.
Speaker 2: I want to preview this first. But hey, folk car nice yep, which is kids baby carriages on fire. It's perfect for it.
Speaker 3: Next up one that I know that Will is going to say a lot about AGFA putting out a Herschel Gordon Lewis double feature of Blast Off Girls and The Girl, The Body and the Pill from nineteen sixty seven and nineteen fifty seven. This is going to be the first of their Herschel Gordon Lewis Vaults release.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: This is going to be region free. It's got the BlastOff Girls preserved from a thirty five millimeter print courtesy of UCLA, The Girl, The Body and the Pill preserved from the only known thirty five millimeter print as the original negative is lost. We've got a commentary on this one by Gentry Austin and Casey Scott of the Sin Syndicate podcast. And I will say just to highlight Gentry, Gentry and Casey be on the show is the guest next week Unreconnected. So come on back next Thursday for Reconnected Ship.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: Will You're my smallest bind.
Speaker 2: No, I always I listened to the I listened to the anyway. I'm excited. I'm excited because now I get to retire my Snapcase Something Weird DVD.
Speaker 3: Look at that classic, beautiful, bright color art.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just for the hell of it is in the arrow box set. But blast off Girls, wasn't and I do not have a copy of The Girl, The Body and the Pill, which is one of his more interesting films from a socio cultural standpoint. So this one was a day one purchase. This has been paid for with points. Nice. Pretty excited about this release and the fact that it's the first of more to come.
Speaker 3: It is the first and more to come. Something weird and AGVA putting out something special here on the extres.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, before we get to the extras. I want to manifest this, Agfa, Agfa. If you do a release of the Year of the Yahoo, consider us for the extras. If you do a release of Moonshine Mountain, which was shot very near where I live, consider us. All right, continue, I'll.
Speaker 3: Send an email. Uh, this is going to have an alternate opening for The Girl, The Body and the Pill.
Speaker 2: It's going to have an interview. Mhm, just wow.
Speaker 3: All right audio audio interview with the actress Nancy Lee Noble. There's gonna be a short directed by Hershel Gordon Lewis called A Hot Night at the Go Go Lounge. There's gonna be a fifty one minute collection of Herschel Gordon Lewis trailers from the Something Weird Archives booklet with that Says by Jannon Jones and Gentry Austin. Look at that Gentry on this twice gotta essay in the booklet. I cannot wait for next week. Gentry and Casey are two of my favorite people this year. We're gonna be talking about them when I ran up the year because I definitely had to highlight The Sin Syndicate, one of the best podcasts out there that you could be listening to right now. I adore that show and you should all be listening because they are fantastic.
Speaker 2: I have to say I recently interviewed a filmmaker who knew Herschel Gordon Lewis and worked with him, and at some point, hopefully this year, we'll be able to say who it is. But I will say that that filmmaker, when he found out that I was a fan of Herschel Gordon Lewis, said I don't think that man ever said a true statements like I don't care. I don't care if he did. He's still hilarious or he was. He's dead. Not the guy I talk to, but Herschel.
Speaker 3: Oh Man another thing, random memory, But I just wanted to throw it out there. If you've never seen it, you should go check out on the Criterion channel, Sean Baker interviewing Hershel Gordon Lewis. It's such an incredible conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great interview. And see Frank Hennon Lauter's documentary The Godfather of Gore, which is yeah, top tier stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come back next Thursday. Check out Gentry and Casey on Reconnected. It's gonna be a fun night, all right. Next cartoona putting out Boys Go to Jupiter from twenty twenty four. This movie looks quite fun. The trailer for this looks crazy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: It is an animated film, like cartoon it generally does. This one is going to have a bunch of names that you recognize, like Janine Garoffalo, Elsie Fisher, Julio Torres, Joe Paris, Arrah Sherman. There's a bunch of short films on here as well. We've got a commentary with Julian Glander, the director, and then a couple of others from the film. Looks solid. I'm curious have you checked out anything from cartoon Y yet, because I don't know that that's up your wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: Why are you going up my wheelhouse, like, what is your you invited me? I have not seen this, right though, didn't cartoona put out the Beaver movie.
Speaker 3: They did put out hundreds of beavers.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right. I saw half of that, oh fifty of them, and it was funny. I'm going to finish it. This looks cool. It seemed almost like mumble corey animation. And I love Jennine Grofflow like in Romeo Michelle's high school reunion, like I'm hanging out with Janine Smart. Yeah. Blip cover sold out for this one already, by the way, already, damn great. It looked cool. It was a cool trailer. I didn't put it in my cart yet, but I'd be interested in seeing this for sure.
Speaker 3: Next up one that I'm quite excited for, Connie putting out Bye Bye Love from nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 2: God, this one sounds great.
Speaker 3: Lost and nihilistic drifter U Tomorrow chances upon Geeko, a female presenting shoplifter, who immediately catches his eye. One thing leads to another, and the couple student find themselves on the lamb for murder. This provides for a delightful pretext to explore notions of societal malaise, free love and gender fluidity and rapidly evolving nineteen seventies Japan, as both To Tomorrow and Geko begin to know each other on the road by way of a variety of encounters alternating between surrealistic, psychedelic, and sexual. This one can I have a two K restoration and introduction by the director and programmer Akihiro Suzuki. Interview with the director issaf Fujisawa in a book of new writing by Akihiro Suzuki. Yes, this was a must must must for me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean Connie always. This film in particular is great. Japan has not been kind to the LGBTQ community for most of its history. It's better now a little bit. Yeah, I mean still worse than here, which is like shocking hard to say right now, but all right, yeah, next one. Wait, did I get political?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, Did you want to talk more about gay people in Japan?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, go ahead, the floor, it's yours. No, I mean this looks great. The trailer looked cool. Yeah, it does look very rupped, like ooh, got me going?
Speaker 3: So all right?
Speaker 2: Right on the onto the I bought this immediately, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: Club Super eight putting out Christina Lindberg the original ipatch wearing butt kicking movie Babe.
Speaker 2: Because you know, I'm gay friendly, but also like Christina Lindberg, who doesn't.
Speaker 3: Uh So, this is an interesting story. The documentary aired and it was fifty eight minutes when it aired on national television in Sweden. The film's directors came in and they made this an extended in the version and now seventy two minutes. And this has Stelle scars Guard as part of the documentary.
Speaker 2: Oh well, there's obviously because he's in Anita.
Speaker 3: Sure, but it's not obvious. He is quite a busy person nowadays. It's very easily a.
Speaker 2: New interview or just footage of him from the movie.
Speaker 3: From twenty fifteen. He is in the documentary.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet dude, Yeah, yeah, nice man, thank you, no stealin fuck you? Oh man.
Speaker 3: People that are listening to this are gonna think that we're hating each other.
Speaker 2: This is almost sold out already. Geez.
Speaker 3: This is going to have some trailers for a bunch of Christina's films. There's gonna be exposed the Depraved US alternate title trailer on there There's gonna be a gallery, of course, documentary about Christina's worldwide travels from.
Speaker 2: Twenty six to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: The let's see director script and then yeah, that's it looks like I said, release Club super eight doing a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what I like about Christina Limburg A few things. She helps animals but does not hate immigrants. That makes her different than Brigitte Bardow. I was quite confused for a bot. Thank you. Hope she doesn't like Now somebody's gonna send me a link some article.
Speaker 3: No, I'm pretty she's murdering turtles or something.
Speaker 2: No, she loves animals. That was the joke. Yes, she's been murdering, murdering Muslim turtles.
Speaker 3: There's just no, they're just not allowed to travel.
Speaker 2: Anyway. No, Christina Limberg, what a cool story. I can't wait to see this documentary because everything that I've read about her, and of course you know her films or she's got such a cool presence. I've talked about this before, how she's just cool and as a as an activist in in her more recent years, she's been like one hundred great for animal Right, Sanama Welfare. You know, very cool, very cool.
Speaker 3: Next up, We've got from Shutter the Dead Thing from twenty twenty four. This is directed by Elrick Kine, co host of the Pure Cinema podcast, which is friend to show Brian Sowers big podcast that he does. This came out fairly recently and it's got an audio commentary with the director, writer's producer, and the editor, some behind the scenes feature at some deleted scenes, a book new writing by Travis Woods. I've not seen this. I absolutely need to see this because I'm very curious how Elrick Kane is as a filmmaker.
Speaker 2: Trailer look cool as hell. I immediately added it to my shutter cueue and once I'll see it, I'll I'll make a purchase decision.
Speaker 3: Anybody's seen The Dead Thing, let me know in the chat, because I've not heard hardly anything about this one, which I'm kind of surprised by. I feel like more people have been talking about it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Next up from a dark Sky Films. Dark Sky is a brand new partner label. Dark Sky is the company that put out like the Texas Chainsaw masker with the two hundred dollars plastic chainsaw that they did fairly Reese. Recently, they did Let's see, they did a ty West film, The Innkeepers. They did a few others similar to that, but now they are an Ocean Partner label, and there was a bundle available with a soundtrack cassette. That's what you're seeing on the screen. Now here is the slipcover itself. Here is the back of the slipcover in the cassette. And here is the back of the slipcover. So a Desert is from twenty twenty five. This has an audio commentary with the director in film critic Anton Bttel. Two more audio commentaries, one with the crew and one with the cast. We've got Death of the New West on the Photography of a Desert, and then a book of new writing by Alexandra Heller Nicholas on this Uh. This one says a photographer on a road trip across the American Southwest is thrust into the nihilistic underbelly of America and drags his wife run, a shady private detective, down into this nightmare world with him.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts, Uh did have a trailer? I don't remember if it did. I'm trying to remember if I saw anything about this.
Speaker 3: He is a trailer? Yeah, I have linked all the trailers.
Speaker 2: Finally, this one with David Yao. I looked kind of talkie, but uh, I want to check it out. I'm gonna watch it before I decide whether or not to buy CGVTV.
Speaker 3: In the chat is letting me know that there are three more bundles with the cassette if you are super after that. Oh which surprise. Usually those bundles sell out in like twelve seconds.
Speaker 2: I love David Yao, who had a prominent role in the twenty twenty three Toxic Avenger as well, and of course lead vocalist of one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 3: Who got referenced in our visual essay on Yes, Ronnie says, this is streaming on shutter now, so you can check that out with wait okay. Next up is Doomsdays from Factory twenty five, is available shipping this month. Here is our slipcover art on this one. This says the film follows two vagabonds, Dirty Fred and Brujo, who wander around looting vacation homes in the Catskill Mountains. Their commitment to the lifestyle is challenged, however, when a runaway teen and an aimless young woman join their ranks. This is going to have the original Doomsday short film. It's going to have a twenty twenty four short film called Erection and Destruction starring Joshua Burge and Chloe Levine. There's gonna be a thirty two page book with text by Joel Petrechis and Malcolm Harrison, an interview with the writer director Eddie Mullins by grat Hendricks, and a list of the film's cinematic influences. I like that they're including the list of influences.
Speaker 2: The trailer I did not get into, but I am interested in seeing it, all right. I'm not you know, I don't judge everything on the trailer, but smart.
Speaker 3: Next from Film Movement is the Early Films of Lee Isaac Chung. I've heard nothing but great things about these three films today, with everybody clamoring to pick this up. Seemingly in my comments, everybody was very after these, it says, released for the first time ever in North America as a box set. The Early Films of Lee Isaac Chung includes the Oscar nominated filmmakers first three Award winning films before he went on to direct his Academy Award winning hit Manari.
Speaker 2: I loved Manari did you see Manari?
Speaker 3: No, I think you would genuinely love Manari. You should probably see that one.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in all these getting Its weird to call him the early films. He's only done five films, so it's his first three films. I guess technically that makes them the early ones. But well, and to be fair, it's been what nineteen years since the first film? Still, Okay, it doesn't matter, hurt, Let's get it. It's obviously important, first film about Rwandan youth post genocide. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll have a forty page book in here with new writing by Keith Olik, Jamie Rebinall, and Alexander Heller Nicholas. You've got a director's commentary on the first film, Munere and Gabo. We've got Lucky Life that's gonna have a commentary by Lee Isaac Chung, and then Abigail harm also has a commentary by Lee Isaac Chunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very of this because I again loved Minari. Is the cats purring picking up on the microphone only sometimes, but it's good. It's mood music. I adore it.
Speaker 3: She's been all right, we got a big one to talk about here. This thing is fully sold out standard edition two. There is nothing available to purchase for this film.
Speaker 2: Film movement, that's one of the greatest Western's ever made.
Speaker 3: Film movement putting out on four K for the first time. Sergio Corbucci's The Great Silence. Incredible film starring Klaus Kinsky, got and then of course great art on the inside. Tony Stella in the art on this love it. Uh So, Yeah, two disc set. We got a four K in a blu ray. We've got Howard Hughes and Richard New audio commentary. We've got Austin Fisher on The Great Silence, Mike Siegel audio commentary. All of this stuff was on the Eureka release that a lot of us have, But this is an upgrade of four K. And it sounds like there might be some other than the booklet that comes with me writing by Nick Newman, Olne Olazac and Felipe Fertado. Uh there might be some alternate endings. They're claiming. One of them is like a brand new way that's never been seen before, and one that's never been released with sounds. So I'm very curious to see how new those are. Yeah, tell us about The Great Silence.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Every time I show sometimes I show this in my westerns class, sometimes I show it in my cult film's class. That doesn't matter whichever audience I get. Students are blown away. This is one of the greatest. I mean, it's it's it's got to be one of Corbucci's top one or two films easily, and I think it's one of the greatest westerns, not just Italian westerns ever made.
Speaker 3: This movie is incredible, absolutely absolutely love this movie. Very happy to see that this is coming out, and yeah, not much else to say. A lot of people upset, obviously with this getting sold out so quickly. One thing I wanted to make sure that we talked about tonight. A lot of people don't understand the partner labels themselves. They decide how many slipcovers to release. There are people genuinely upset about people. I literally had somebody type fu vinegar syndrome on my announcement for this. Vinegar syndrome literally has nothing to do with this release. All they did was put it on their website and they're allowing Film Movement to sell it there. Vinegar Syndrome did not dictate the number of slipcovers or when or how they could release this. Film Movement put it out. And the big thing, if Film Movement wanted to release five thousand copies of the slipcover, they would have had to buy five thousand slipcovers, and that's a lot of money. And the reality is if this had had five thousand slipcovers, would it.
Speaker 2: Have sold out in two hours?
Speaker 3: Definitely not. Would it have sold out in two months? It's possible that wouldn't have. So they would have had a ton of money held up in the slipcovers, and all of that is very expensive, so it's it is kind of a juggling game. It sucks, and yeah, do I wish they printed more? Of course, However, I totally understand they're there.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a struggle.
Speaker 3: You have to find out e gauge how well it's going to sell them. This thing has had multiple Blu ray releases. It is you know, it is understandable that you could think that this won't do extremely well immediately on four K.
Speaker 2: I hear what you're saying. I think the important thing to remember is that any title should print enough copies so that I can get one and If they don't, then we have a problem. Then they're the bestard. I got the problem, you know, Like, I'm upset with Manda Micabro right now because when they released their announced their Halloween bundle, I had no money, and now that I am able to purchase their Halloween Bundle, it is no longer available, and so we have this We're at an impasse. I'm upset. Gosh, you know what, it's a It's so tough. Yeah, I actually like, who is it that just said I missed it? Because I have a life, Like I'm sympathetic to that because like a lot of times, stuff gets announced at midnight or on a day where I'm at work, and then by the time I get to a computer and see that something's been released, it's already gone. And not always that always sucks, but you know, the margins are small, production costs are high. Great silence, it's a hot title. You know it's going to go fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Berry's right, the standard version will be back in stock. It's not going out of print. It's just this current print run that they have the stock of has sold out. So yeah, you're not missing out on the disc itself. That will still be available for sure, but even like with what Will said like and what Chroma said, missing out on this because I had a life, even me who planned on being here today to post, like I have to be here to post all these announcements for all the stuff that I cover. This sold out before I finished posting all of the announcements. How that's how quick this is.
Speaker 2: That's funny. You told me that it was released before I because I was going like one through each texted yeah, You're like, oh, great silence. I was like, I haven't gotten there yet, spoilers.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this sold out in two hours. I was not done posting all of their announcements in two hours.
Speaker 2: It took ages.
Speaker 3: So good riddance to the Great Silence. Next from film Movement is Stranger Eyes and this looks really good. This from twenty twenty four. This says, after and enduring months of a fruitless police investigation into the disappearance of their daughter, a young estranged couple Junyang and Pi Yang, realize they are being filmed surreptitiously when they begin receiving mysterious packages at their door containing DVDs with footage of their daily lives. The moments captured are unnerving, not only for the violation of their privacy, but for what is exposed about Jun Yang and Pi Yang's relationship on a most intimate level. Suspecting the voyeur is responsible for taking their daughter, the couple embark on a desperate mission to seek him out, only to find out the truth of his identity is more complicated than it seems. Ooh, we got a making a featurette and a sixteen page booklet with an essay by Ryan Swen And yeah, I gotta see this one. This sounds pretty great.
Speaker 2: Two of my favorite things, being filmed surreptitiously and having my child stolen.
Speaker 3: That is almost like Will Doddson inspired merch Ready with that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that. Like a year after you said it on the show, I sent you a tote bag that says I don't fuck with tope bag.
Speaker 2: And you know what happened to it. The dog ripped the handles off of it. Oh, no way, I'll send you another one. Well, I'll tell you a funny thing that happened. Uh, we've got these blinds that cover the windows so that we can't be filmed surreptitiously, and uh, I guess one of the blinds. The little string you pull to raise it up, it was is a loop. I heard this come I was I was having my coffee and I was having my coffee and doing some work one morning because I get up several hours before everybody else, and I heard this commotion. I didn't think anything of it at first, and then I was like, ah, maybe I should go see with that commotion. And I walk in and one of the cats had like jumped to grab the string and had managed to wrap it around its neck like a noose. And it was so funny, dude. The cat was just swinging back and forth. It had been long enough that the cat was just like, I'm going to die and had given up and just it was like swinging and it was so it was kind of cute in a weird way because the cat's so small. I was just swinging by the neck.
Speaker 3: And Christ finished the story, so it doesn't sound so morbid.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's fine. I got the cat and like he was so scared that he didn't even like struggle as I was trying to unwrap the and it was tight. Man, that cat was going to die. I saved its life. So you know the back. And then I went and got some scissors and I cut all the loops in the house. There's no more loops. Nothing has a loop. So but yeah, it would suck to get your kids tolen, Like like, on the one hand, oh my god, this this creature who I made and I love is has been taken from me. On the other hand, date night, you know, it's a tough situation to be in. You don't know how to feel. Oh my god, will but then you know, and you know, you know the wife's going to be all fucked up about it. I don't want to get into gender essentialism or anything, but like, I feel like i'd move on first, I understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Craig, when he listens to this podcast tomorrow was not going to be happy about that story.
Speaker 2: Well, you should be happy I saved the cat. You took eight minutes telling us that you saved the cat. That cat was that cat not ten minutes ago. Flounced her ass across the screen. She is, she's very happy, she's okay, wow, all right. Yeah, I was wondering what okay, of course ives the cat?
Speaker 3: From Film Movement, their next title is an unfinished film. Uh, this is from acclaimed director Lao Ya and it is going to have a Q and a featurette and a sixteen page book with an essay by Simon Abrams. And it is about in January twenty twenty. The director is Jao Rui Rionites's casting crew to complete a film that was abandoned during production ten years earlier. However, the team is suddenly placed into lockdown during the onset of COVID nineteen. Confronted with the challenges of the pandemic, Jawrie and his crew are forced to determine how to move forward in a rapidly changing world.
Speaker 2: That's fucking hilarious, dude, Now I want to see this. It sounds great, I mean hilarious, like awful. It's like, hey, guys, I finally got the funding to finish the movie. Oh no, yues, what.
Speaker 3: All right? That is an unfinished film. Next up, brand new partner label this This is Watermelon Pictures and they are putting out The Encampments from twenty twenty five. This one is from Will is Going to Love the sentence from executive producer Macklemore. The Encampments offers an intimate look at America's student movement, sparked a coll a university of students, among them the Mamood Khalil protest of the university's ties to the War on Gaza and for the record. Watermelon Pictures is an award winning film production and distribution company founded in twenty twenty four by the brothers Body Ali and Hamza Ali. The company is dedicated to amplifying underrepresented filmmakers worldwide through powerful and culturally urgent storytelling. Watermelon Pictures is a wholly owned subsidiary of MPI Media Group. This we'll have six bonus scenes, a director and participant commentary. What a weird way to say that? Who is the participant? Exclusive clip from Bisan auDA and a trailer Tell me about Maclmore there will.
Speaker 2: As I was watching the trailer, there was a Macomore song and I can't wait to parse the lyrics. Yep, listen. Can we talk seriously for a minute, Ryan, I mean, for God's sake, sure, obviously this is an important subject for a documentary. I'm a little leery about it in the sense for this reason, and I haven't seen it yet, so this is not a criticism. This is just something that I'm worried about. I Obviously, the right to protest is fundamental to American freedom, including protesting in ways that others might find emotionally and socially harmful. I am less concerned about how Columbia University students feel than I am about the people of Gaza and of Israel. Yes, and so I hope that the documentary does not slide into a subject that's less important than it deserves. Based on the trailer, I can't tell. And you know, I laugh at maclamore, but hey, you know what, you made your money, brother, and you're using it as you see fit, So good for you, you know, Yeah, I do. I absolutely want to see this. I'm concerned about it. I'm especially as a university employee, actually concerned about how administration behaves when with regard to student and faculty freedom of speech and academic freedom. And shit's going on now? Oh I can't even tell you because I could give I actually any appearance. If anybody looks at any appearance I have on this show, I'll probably be fired. But uh, yeah, so I'm I'm jazzed to see this. I'm worried. I'm worried about the take that it's going to have, But that's probably good too. You know, like some documentaries are made in the moment, and some documentaries are made with the benefit of of time having passed, and this one was made in the moment. And I'm excited to see excited, interested, interested to see what it has to say. I am curious as to why, like their advertising copy begins with from executive producer Macklmore, that's curious me. I'm not saying, don't advertise it. I'm just like, why are you leading with that? I understand from executive producer carat Top Gaza the true story.
Speaker 3: So my big thing, Yes, I saw this, and I don't you saying no, no no. I saw this announcement and I was interested just like you. However, immediately worried because I feel that this could easily devolve into performative empathy colon the documentary, and I don't know, there's a lot of different ways that this could come across, and I I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what.
Speaker 3: A subject such as this that is me to literally be a one sided documentary is kind of kind of tough to pull off in a way that feels like a proper documentary.
Speaker 2: It's certainly a multifaceted issue. That absolutely, but we're not equipped to talk about right now. But hey, maybe next time we should. At the end of the show, the segment can be like Gaza, can we not?
Speaker 3: Is that an option to No?
Speaker 2: I think I think everyone wants to hear what we have to say. Jesus Christ nothing. I don't think Jesus is part of the equation. I mean, he was glad of religion. He's kind of marginalized anyways. So check out the encampments. No, I mean, yeah, I don't want that. I don't want to sound like I'm trashing the movie because I do want to see this. I'm just the entire nenouncement. It's kind of confusing to me. I get that.
Speaker 3: And another thing, honestly, to make this your first release that you're like, look at us, we're new to OCN. I don't know that that could be tought.
Speaker 2: Well, that I think is great. I'm like, come out, come out swinging. You know, maybe it's a more clear cut announcement here. Yeah, well there's nothing clear cut about the issue, but well some things were clear cut.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's why I said, use a clear cut announcement.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, you know Macamore, remember that song he made about gay people.
Speaker 3: I do actually, yes, what was that called? Uh, like one Love or something like that.
Speaker 2: Which is a misleading title because like that's the same slogan that the Maga people use. It might not be one level loud, you know. But mackelmore was like, it was so funny that video is so funny for the one Love it might not even be the title. All right, that sounds like Bob Marley could be. Wow.
Speaker 3: All right, why don't we go to Canada instead and talk about Canadian International Pictures releasing Ghost Keeper on Blu Ray. This is from nineteen eighty one. This is a title that had previously been released by Code Red. This is newly scanned and restored in four K from the only known complete thirty five millimeters tactical print by CIP. This is going to have a new commentary with the Hysteria continues and Amanda Areas. We love Amanda Areas.
Speaker 2: We do. We got a new episode episode. Let's say it again. We love Amanda Areas a lot great she is, I mean not a lot. Don't make it weird, but she's great. She does good work. She does. That's an odd that's an odd pairing.
Speaker 3: It is, but what's a great pairing is on this release. There's also a new episode of the New World Pictures podcast, which is one of my favorites. And Ryan Gallan, the host, is right here in the chat. What's up, Ryan, I didn't even know you were doing this release.
Speaker 2: You never told me.
Speaker 3: This is great.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. I'm stoked us on here.
Speaker 3: Ryan's keeping shit from you, Ryan, Ryan is keeping shit and I just put him on a disc dammit.
Speaker 2: Wow, and he's got a whole secret life.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'll give him a break. Ryan got food poisoning from pastries this week, so I feel bad for him.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was privileged information that.
Speaker 3: You It was not. He was sharing it publicly, and I felt really terrible for him. We got a new interview with Chris Alexander on this one. We've got a new interview with.
Speaker 2: I got fit poison ones Man, I'll tell you the worst way you could possibly get it. But anyways, go ahead, I'll tell you later. Go ahead. With ghost Keeping Canada's answer to the Shining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this sounds looks great. We got a bunch of new interviews on here, lots of new stuff going on. We got a ghostkeeper to the Kickstar video pitching the sequel from twenty thirteen. We've got reversible cover art. We've got a booklet with a new essay by Yesmina Katita and the essay on the film's production history by Eric Follmers. Have you seen Ghostkeeper?
Speaker 2: Ghostkeeper too? Man, We're going back to the Hotel A. You know, we didn't get enough of the ghosts the first time, so we're gonna check it out on once more. Look around, see what we can find.
Speaker 3: You know, what are you gonna call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've not seen this one. I put this in my cart, but then when I saw the total of my cart, I was like, eh, I gotta drop something, And I saw that this was available to stream, So I'm gonna you know, I love snow stuff, and so I'm gonna stream it and probably make the purchase. I mean, especially now that I know that that we got the New World Pictures podcasts. Yep, Ryan, I have to like explain which Ryan I'm talking about every time I talk about Ryan. There's so many Ryans. So I'm super stoked about all the extras. I'm gonna check out the movie and then as soon as I get paid, gonna pick it up. Most likely. The trailer looks cool.
Speaker 3: Can I just say Canadian International Pictures up there with like three or four of the partner labels that will take a film and put literally as much as they possibly can on the disc, and I always appreciate that. I feel like every single disc from them are worth the purchase much more than some of the others. Not going to name names, but there's a couple of them that are very light on supplements pretty much every time, and that always hurts when it's the same price as something else that is completely stacked to the rafters with supplements. So I always love seeing these and it sounds like an incredible release. Have not seen it, but eager to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ghost Keeper, all right.
Speaker 3: Next up is from Yellow Veil Pictures. They're putting out a grand mockery from twenty twenty five that says Josie's mundane life changes when mental illness drives him to Queensland's rainforest shot on Super eight, and you can tell if you watch the trailer for this one. This playful diptych shifts from dark comedy to transformation alongside its protagonist. I didn't mean anything native mind, that's just very clearly shot on film.
Speaker 2: Are you done? I am done? Go ahead. Well, it didn't look like it was for me, but it looked like it might be interesting, you know, a little talkie for my taste, which I recognize is ironic. Oh no, we were just talking about act. I would talk to Matt just the other day about how irritated I get about people doing apple Achian accents of completely ignoring the fact that almost every time I'm on here, I do the dumbest generic Canadian accent ever.
Speaker 3: Sipner was already asking for the link, and we just didn't get to it in time.
Speaker 2: Hey, Matt, it's not I don't mean it to be culturalist. I just every time there's a Canadian International Pictures release, I gotta do it, all right.
Speaker 3: So supplements for a grand mockery. We had a commentary with the directors. We got an interview with the directors. We got some deleted scenes, some Q and A's video podcast with Eugene holy Coddle lorinco with Adam C. Briggs and Sam Dixon, who are the directors. We got a short film called We've All Got Him from twenty twenty three, an essay by Alexandra Heller Nicholas. I think that's three tonight just for the partner labels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is all over it. And I want to make clear, you know, Matt, and now we're talking about the diversity of Canadian accents as well as the diversity of Southern Appalachian accents. And so what I'm doing is like what I hear when I hear the Mackenzie brothers on SCTV or Letter Kenny or whatever. I know, real Canadians and friends with them, They don't sound anything like what I'm saying about at all.
Speaker 3: And I apologize in advance, sim if you don't want me to say this, But his last two texts to be outside of the chat. One one does not mock the haunted souls of the Northeast and then wandering from one Tim Hortons to the next, unable to move into the great beyond.
Speaker 2: Well, Simnar does sound like Mackenzie Doddy from New York City. Well, I don't know where he got his education.
Speaker 3: Oh god, my face hurts from laughing at that.
Speaker 2: Part of New York. Uh Sconnectady, where sitting here from? Who are your people?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, the Buffalonians?
Speaker 2: Uh? Great? Hey, you know there's a lot of great people from Buffalo.
Speaker 3: I've heard of him.
Speaker 2: Anni DiFranco, uh Ship says he's from Manhattan originally, I think. So that's what it's like from Wall Street.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing. All right, are you ready to go the next one?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't know, Like what do we think about a Graham mockery? You know, like there's there's a place for eight millimeter like ultra low budget experience mental things.
Speaker 3: Being made in twenty twenty five. That's pretty rad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I generally, you know, I'm not into oh somebody's like descending into madness films. But you know, it all depends on how it's done right. It's true, So check it out. That was a very job in Manhattan.
Speaker 3: All right. Let's talk about In Our Blood from twenty twenty four. This is coming out from Utopia. It says nothing nothing is as it seems. When filmmaker Emily Wyland teams up with cinematographer Danny to shoot a documentary about reuniting with Emily's estranged mother Sam, when she goes missing, possibly succumbing to the addictions that tore her family apart, Emily and Danny must follow increasingly sinister clues to find her before it's too late. We've got behind the scenes photo gallery, behind the scenes video gallery, the Fantasia International Film Festival alternate opening, and then an audio video director's commentary. We got a video director's commentary on this, which is pretty rare.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Literally, if it's done the way that it should be, it is picture and picture and you see a video of them watching the film and talking about it, but you can see the film at the same time.
Speaker 2: Should be the other ways.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, I've seen a couple of people on disc do it in a very weird way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't want to put it. I don't want to put them down, so I'll keep my trap shut.
Speaker 2: If you did a video a video comtary from now you seen title that might be neat added value.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't think it was funny as that naked sitting on a leather couch, semi nude.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, talk about this. This looks to me and the trailer for this was kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely worth a watch.
Speaker 3: Definitely worth a watch. I agree Utopia puts us some decent flicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, oh, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 3: IFC putting out The Last Mistress from two thousand and seven, starring Ozzi Argento. As Will alluded to earlier, this is directed by Katherine Briat. We've got France's foremost Profockatris teams with daredevil Screensire and Asia Argento for a scorching, intensely carnal adaptation of a scandalous nineteenth century novel. A reformed libertine prepares to marry a virginal daughter of the aristocracy and settle down, but his jealous lover lurks in the wings, and the minds of high society's gossip hounds still fiercely determined to possess him. All right, go ahead, Well.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this is a great movie. Katherine Briatt, it's one of her I think it's one of her best movies. Now. The the the original title in French more accurately translates to the Old Mistress uh punning on both former and the age of Oscio Argento. She's older than the so called reformed Libertine, and it really gets into the well, I mean, you know, we're all familiar with the way we a salaciously are interested in the sex lives of public figures and celebrate any kind of public humiliation that can be brought upon them for their for their activities, and uh, you know, for so many reasons. Ossi Argento is perfectly cast. You know, she's got that look the her, you know, she's she's got that kind of feline quality to her, to her to her persona that really like sells this role. And I think it's one of her best performances as an actress. I'm a I'm a big fan of this movie. And I still have like a Blockbuster used DVD that I got for four ninety eight and like some going out of business sale. So this is a very welcome upgrade. I mean, Katherin Briott, all of her films, like there's there's none of her films can be appreciated without complication, you know what I mean. I love the fact that every time I watch one of her films, at the end, there are some things where I'm like, Wow, that was really like well said, and there are other things where I'm like, I don't know how I feel about that, you know, Like I'm still thinking about the last mistress. Like when it popped up today, I was like, shit, that movie kind of fucked me up when I first saw it fifteen years ago or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: Sibner and mister Aaron want us to know that it is Bria, not Briat.
Speaker 2: Well, I just I just learned how to pronounce Sibner's name like two months ago, so I got Assia right.
Speaker 3: That's true, Asia Argento.
Speaker 2: Now you're gonna ask me to like pronounce friend shit correctly. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I just don't pronounce anything right, So that's the easy way.
Speaker 2: You're pretty good with the Spanish. I'm all right.
Speaker 3: Well, I do surprisingly well with the Indian names too. I deal with those a lot of works.
Speaker 2: Never heard of her, all right.
Speaker 3: Next up from Dark Star Pictures is a double feature of Love Kills and Between Us from twenty twenty five and twenty twenty two. Love Kills says an infidelity comes to an abrupt end when two cheating lovers are caught and his sugar daddy becomes the prime suspect when one of them goes missing. And then Between Us says E LOOADI and are in love and want laty and want a child.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you know what, Sibner, could you tell us? Thought that was funny?
Speaker 3: And now Ronnie is saying that yours is correct. And at at the end of a French word is.
Speaker 2: A and not a what did I say?
Speaker 3: You said briat? But so maybe it's not the sound at the end, Maybe it's just briat.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Between us, When a Lodi learns she cannot have children, the couple decides to take on a roommate, and on the extras on This between Us gets a trailer and a photo gallery. The relationship Yeah, love Kills gets a commentary with the director some of the performers, another commentary with some other performers in the director, some interviews, a photo slideshow, and a trailer, and there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these look cool. I don't really have any perspective to share except looks it looks like looks like some people are going to get upset in this movie, both of them. I would be willing to bet that, yes, all right.
Speaker 3: Dark Star also putting out another double feature of Someone's Knocking at the Door and HP Lovecrafts The Deep Ones. The Deep One says they married. Couple rents a beachside airbnb, only to be stranded by peculiar neighbors and occurrences. They soon discovered that they are in the grip of a mysterious cult and the ancient sea god that they worship for Someone's knocking at the door, it says, returning to the medical school where they were test subjects decades ago, pairabout rageously twisted serial killers use shockingly brutal sex acts to start killing off a group of drugged out med students.
Speaker 2: Something tells me there's Pegan in that movie was not the kind I would appreciate.
Speaker 3: The Deep Ones has a director's commentary and making out a couple of q and as someone's knocking at the doors behind the scenes, some deleted scenes and an alternate opening scene, and I've not seen either of these.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of HP Lovecraft updated to apps doing her BMP and stuff. The condo emerged from the stygian darkness. Yeah, that's cool. I'll check those out.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's go to our next one. She Came from the Woods. This is coming from ETR Media. This was the first slipcover to sell out today, I believe, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty seven, a group of counselors accidentally on leash eight decades old evil on the last night of summer camp. As the situation turns bloody, the group is forced to confront what stories are worth telling and what secrets are worth keeping. This one's starring William Sadler and Carbuano, who is in Stranger Things. Oh okay, talking point right now. Audio commentary for the director, writers and cinematographer. Behind the scenes featurette a, stills, gallery, and a trailer are on the disc. So well, looks all right, not normal etr media fair which is interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the trailer looked like, you know, kind of typical horror comedy, so you know, I'll check it out. Yeah, she came from the woods.
Speaker 3: Next up a pretty decent one, the story of Tom Savigni called Smoke and Mirrors, is coming from Wild Eye Movies. This is a re release. This had come out previously from Wild Eye on Blu Ray and came out handful of years ago. Now she's just coming out since they're a partner label, they're putting it out again with the brand new slip cover design. Decent documentary. I'd say not what it could have been, but I liked it enough.
Speaker 2: Did you see this one, will No, I haven't seen it yet. I look forward to seeing it, I recalled Bob Briggs giving a kind of mixed review to it, like yeah, saying that you know, there are all these like moments where a follow up question might have revealed some really personal stuff. But you know, who knows, like there might have been an agreement between the director and Tom. You know, I can't speculate. I haven't seen it yet. I'm very interested in it, though, because obviously it's Tom's feeni.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's it's certainly worth watching. I just he's been around for so long and he's taking part in so many discs, Like we could have went a little bit deeper.
Speaker 2: That's it. Well, Smoking Mirrors, it tells you, touche. That was good. Glass Eye Pictures.
Speaker 3: Who is Larry Festeneden's label is putting out triggermanned Ty West two thousand and six film, which you are a semi fan of this one and you don't like a lot of his stuff, So tell us about Sugarman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny. I I texted you about this because this is, uh, the one Taie West movie. I kind of like it's it's like a it's it's it's a isn't it found footage? It's a found footage, right, I it's been a while since I've seen this one. I think, so no, no, no, not found footage. But but it's like super it's handheld right yeah. Uh, it's just uh it worked for me. You know, some some tender feet go out on the What's to hunt and some motherfucker with the gun starts shooting at him. It's uh, it's a story of America. It's yeah, I enjoy this one. I think this is this is a movie that really, you know, Ty West, My biggest problem with him is his pacing, okay, and this is a movie where his pacing style really works for me. Hmm, yeah, I recommend it. I'm going to pick this up. I didn't get it in my initial cart because I don't think it's going to sell out. We'll see, maybe it will.
Speaker 3: There's still I think one or two Thai West films from like his super early days that have never been released on Blu Ray, and I really hope they do the rest of those because I think they were all with class eye and it would be nice. I mean, he's now emerged as such a huge name, especially after the X trilogy.
Speaker 2: It would be we should have all of his films out there for sure. Well, yes, I agree.
Speaker 3: We got a brand new commentary with Larry Festenen on this that was just recorded last year on archival track from two thousand and seven. We got behind the scenes, We got a theatrical trailer QJA from the LA Film Festival, short film by Ty West called Prey. And then a booklet with new writing by Isaac Fieldberg. Yeah, this was to me and must I remember liking this one quite a bit. It's been a while since I've seen it, but Triggerman good stuff. And then last of the Ocean partner label announcements, Saturn's Core audio and video putting out Your Life Is on the Line, a Joe Christ anthology, Volume one, covering nineteen eighty eight to nineteen ninety five. There is so much stuff here, I don't even know what to cover. Like, there is five films, all of them at brand new commentaries from Joe Christ himself. There's gonna be a visual essay on Joe Christ filmography by Heather Drain. Another visual essay by Heather Drain, which is on Acid is Groovy Killed The pigs. There's footage from the uncompleted sequel of Sex, Blood and Mutilation, twenty eight page booklet edited by Jason Pancoke, featuring writings by Will Sloan from the important cinema club Vincent Alberano, from a static Deviations and the musician and SOB expert James Kelly, And it says Anthology Volume one. I'm sure that we will get a volume two at some point in the future. This is crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is definite. I I wish we could have done something for this. Joe christ Man Hell yeah, you know he's punk as fuck or was?
Speaker 3: All right, I know nothing about Joe christ So yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: Ironically, Joe christ was not part of your Christian punk upbringing. He was not, No, because the christ part is ironic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's head over to Melu scene. As the second part of second release from the Mitchell Brothers film group. We've got Resurrection of Eve from nineteen seventy three. It's coming in the hard box release with the slipcover on the inside. Here is the slipcover. This is starring Maryland Chambers and it's gonna be a region free. We got an eighty four minute feature presentation of the film, newly restored from a thirty five millimeter blow up CRI, with the following sound options. We've got the English language mono soundtrack, and we've got a feature length audio commentary with Marylyn Chambers biographer Jared Stearns. There's an audio interview with the actor Johnny Keyes, moderated by Ashley West from the realto Report the Many Faces of Marylyn Chambers featurette. There's gonna be a history of the tenderloin on here called porn was Born here, never before seen trims and outtakes eight millimeters digest version of the film. Yeah what, and it's from the seventies, which is shocking. A couple of trailers. We got an eleven x seventeen replica Japanese one sheet that is included in this and this is the second one on the Mitchell Brothers film group. And he thought of Marylynd Chambers or Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Brothers, big fan of maryon Chambers. I think we should all be ambivalent about pornographers, just because you know, it's a problematic industry. I am curious, not that I'm a penny pincher by any means, but I did notice that behind the green door is four k. It is and has the same kind of packaging style as Resurrection of Eve, but is several dollars cheaper. So I wondered what the difference was several dollars cheaper unless I'm crazy, which is obviously possible. Look it up on your little laptop there.
Speaker 3: You were looking probably at the motion picture or soundtrack CD, which is only ten dollars.
Speaker 2: No, are you idiot? Wow? Am I idiot? Are you idiot?
Speaker 3: Because if you look here Resurrection of Eve twenty nine ninety thirty.
Speaker 2: Six cone are you logged in? Why do I need to be logged in for your membership discount? Dufus?
Speaker 3: Well no, you can see the crossed out price the Mitchell Brothers Film Group on Half of that would be twenty five, Half of the Resurrection of Eve would be twenty fifty.
Speaker 2: I can't argue with you, man, you you're you're doing your your your snake tongue math. No, that's not Look when I was logged in, I clicked on the movies. Oh is it? Because? No? Is it because of the membership prices change in the new year. I don't think that happens for well, I don't know whatever.
Speaker 3: I'll log in real quick and I'll show you it's.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a porno with Marilyn Chambers. She's super cute. Like, if you want to see it, get it.
Speaker 3: So when you're logged in, Resurrection of Eve says starting at twenty one to forty nine behind the Green Door thirty six ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, maybe I wasn't locked in. That's only You're not a subscriber this time, are you. I'm a subscriber.
Speaker 3: What you did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what I figured out. No, I don't. Well, you know I post. I do reviews, right, yeah, and I always add a couple of pictures in a video.
Speaker 3: Oh so you got your fourteen dollars of a discount.
Speaker 2: Well, so I get one hundred and fifty points to two hundred points for every review, and if I post six hundred and sixty six reviews, it will pay for the subscription. That's a lot of reviews. Well, I'm taking that challenge, all right. So I made a huge mistake about the pride of the Resurrection of Eve, and I'm glad. I'm glad that I am happy to tell you that I'm wrong and Ryan's right, we.
Speaker 3: Just dove into the Resurrection of Eve for way too long to find out that it's cheaper.
Speaker 2: Somebody pointed out, this is going to be the next toad bag. Oh I still love that. You said, are you idiot? I was so upset I couldn't I couldn't be bothered with the article, Jess says, Ryan, not idiot. And this I can't even use used as an excuse that I'm tired because this episode is half the length. Yeah all right, yeah, no, no, no, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about Marilyn Chambers.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead. First of all, my bad, I am idiot. I am idiot. I like that it's not the Resurrection of Eve because there's like several Eves that's resurrection of Eve's really I think I probably saw this at some point in my life, but I don't know anything about it. You know. Marilyn Chambers is great. Yeah, you know, I'm sorry how she got treated in her life. If you if you want to see what she was forced to do by her abusive partner, then uh purchase this movie. Coo bully.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a look at the quality X release for this month. We got Marashino Kerry. This is from nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Great trailer, Yeah, hilarious.
Speaker 3: Actually this is set over the course of one Sexfield Day, an exclusive Manhattan bordello. This is gonna be region free, newly scanned it restored in four K from the thirty five millimeter negative, featurelength audio commentary with the director Radley Metzger, moderated by Ashley West of the rialto report, there's an archival video interview with Gloria Leonard, some trailers, radio spots never before seen, trims and outtakes again, twenty four page book old with an essay by Ashley West as well. And yeah, this one actually looks pretty.
Speaker 2: Fun I'm getting torn up in the chat deservedly, it's true.
Speaker 3: Any thoughts on Maraschino Cherry or Radley Metzger from you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it looks funny. I don't know what to do. You know, I got a family, so watching any of these is next to impossible. But the trailer looks funny. So if you are in a position where you can watch pornos on your TV, you could probably do worse. What an endorsement? All right? Speaking of any one thing, I'm sure of this one is cheaper than Resurrection of Me.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely got that one correct. Well done.
Speaker 3: You are idiots free idiot lists. So now, of course it is a subscription week or a subscriber week for Vinegar Syndrome. So we get a bunch of clues, we get some title announcements, we get a bunch of teases, and so going through the whole year. If you are wanting to do this, first off, remember the subscription is limited to two thousand, so if you are not one of the two thousand, you're not gonna be a subscriber. For the month of January, we are getting Made in Hong Kong volume two. We're getting The Terror Firmer four K and The Phantom of the Opera four K. Next month in February, we're getting a four K of Demon War, which wild that that is coming on four K. We're getting a nineteen eighties Italian horror that's gonna be a four K early nineties erotic murder thriller uncensored four K.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Okay.
Speaker 3: March, we're getting Forgotten Jolly Set featuring Bruno Mattai Slee's Gym and two other trashy treats all on Blu Ray debuts. There's gonna be an ultra gory eighties Italian horror shocker that's gonna be a four K debut, and then gory ninety slasher that's gonna be another four K debut. In other words, there's gonna be a couple upgrades there. Stuff that's already been released on Blu Ray. April, We've got Lady in White on four K with all three versions of the film, and I got to say, big Lady and White fan, I love that movie. Eighties driving horror properly restored for the first time on disc. And that will be four K and Blu Ray, a classy and gory eighties Italian horror that'll be a four K debut. What does that mean? I'm very curious what that one's gonna be. May of course, it is the month of the big sales we've got. I think they might. They meant the word essential here. It says essentially Giallo in four K that's gonna be a debut. We've got Studio made mystery Slasher four K and Blu Ray and two hard hitting four K Blu Ray horror surprises.
Speaker 2: June, partners only.
Speaker 3: You get discounts. July, we've got all Horror made in Hong Kong set, which is very compelling. They took a long time to get volume two, and now we're getting volume three.
Speaker 2: Already.
Speaker 3: They are going to be putting out an eighty slasher four K and blu ray and an early nineties horror four K and blu ray. In August, we got four K and blu ray debut of a crazy eighties Italian horror, uncentered disc debut of jaw dropping Hong Kong thriller, and four K debut of an unnerving eighties horror sci fi. September three Vinegar Centrom releases, which are gonna be a four K double of classic early eighties horror, four K and Blu ray debut of Weird and It Says Glory eighties Italian horror, but I believe it's meant to be gory, and then a disk debut of an eerie seventies Hong Kong horror. October, we've got four releases. Four K and blu ray debut of nineties horror by a major director, disk debut of Hammer Rarity, four K debut of an eighties horror, and then a Shaw Scares set featuring three Shaw Brothers shockers, and then the last month with VS releases. For the year, we got a four K debut of two bloody classics by Genre Icons, along with two equally insane surprise releases. There is a lot, a lot to unpack there.
Speaker 2: Ama just guessing color of Nights so he can get Bruce Willis's Wang and four.
Speaker 3: K four K wang from the Bruce Thoughts and Prayers together. Indeed exciting thoughts. Obviously, you subscribed, so it sounds well, i'd you even take a look at this first?
Speaker 2: No, I did it? You know I've been I've been a subscriber for six seven years. Yep, So it's you know, it's kind of one of those I can't quit you things. Yeah, and I had been saving up all year and have the cash for it, and uh, this coming year, my challenge is to put in enough points to significantly reduce the cost if I, if I decide to continue in twenty twenty seven. But yeah, looks like a pretty exciting lineup. Typos aside, and.
Speaker 3: Lots of typos that that that is some of the worst copy from BSFCN.
Speaker 2: I will say this like, you know, you speculated about all the possible alterations and evolutions of subscriber packages, including like the idea of multiple tiers, but the main change they offered was by limiting the number, which.
Speaker 3: And they're giving people a metal card to be able to spend more money in their stores.
Speaker 2: Come on, give me, give me a fucking break. I'm giv sueing a metal card. Like, all that's going to do is cut the shit on my cat's mouths when they when they and when inevitably find it and knock it off, you know, the counter and play with it. I you know, I guess that increases FOMO, But I don't like that, Like, I don't know, it's they run their own business. But I would be irritated if I was two thousand and one, you know, yeah, like if I wanted to be a first time subscriber and was told no.
Speaker 3: Or what if you got paid on January fifth and it sells out all the subscriptions by January third, it's all eleven dollars.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's that's that's a bummer. You know, I don't. I don't. I'm not trying to talk shit. I'm just saying like that would bum me out. If I was a new.
Speaker 3: Subscriber, I would agree. So, yeah, we talked about the fomo aspect of it before and afterwards.
Speaker 2: There's actually some.
Speaker 3: Other people speculating on something that So this is just us conjecture, nothing like that. But one thing that I'm curious about. They are seeing all these partner label releases more more than twenty every single month.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Some people are speculating, what if the partner labels were upset that they're selling so many discounted titles and so they're they're limiting it in a matter of getting less people to be able to get discounts.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, but you still get the opportunity for discounts and the sale months, you know, so.
Speaker 3: If they last though, I mean, if you're a subscriber, you like you couldn't get the Great Silence on sale if you wanted the slip cover.
Speaker 2: Well, you know. Reservoir Fella eighty eight makes a point, like I was saying to you, I was like, really vacillating is that the word of a radiant subscription versus a Deneger syndrome subscription. It was really the price difference with the with with the convert the you know, the monetary conversion that ultimately put me and yeah, you know, like I said earlier tonight, the partner labels are how I see newer movies for the most part, because it's all you know, they released the movies that I do not get into. I do not get to see in theaters. They're not in any theaters that I have access to. Yeah, but the metal card, that's just fucking stupid. I'll say that unreserveably, unreservedly vinegar syndrome. If you're listening, who gives a shit about a metal membership card? Like, what the hell? We're grown ups, not to mention send me a so on patch.
Speaker 3: Unless they do something different. And I don't live next to the that was fun?
Speaker 2: Am I gonna like check it out? Guys?
Speaker 3: Well, fuck, here's the thing, So I don't live next to their stores. If somebody, if somebody lives to their stores and you actually shop in the stores and it's different, please say something. But what I'm thinking is, if you're a subscriber, you're only getting discounts for stuff that came out this year. You're already buying everything that are You're already getting all the vs stuff that came out this year. So the only thing that you're getting discounted is partner labels that came out this year in their store, Vsu's VSAs and stuff like that. If you're wanting those, you're probably buying those anyways on the site. So the whole point of the card is to show it at a store and have them scanning QR code for what. I don't understand the appeal of.
Speaker 2: My email because I'm gonna have my phone, I'm probably not gonna have a metal card with even worse.
Speaker 3: Supposedly, somebody even stated like this was not hard. If you went to the store as a subscriber last year, you gave them your last name and they could find you in like twenty seconds. Yeah, what is the point?
Speaker 2: The metal card is kind of I'm just like, how old are we?
Speaker 3: I think that's more gimmicky than limiting it to two thousand myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna instead of the metal card, I'm going to get that T shirt with the titties. I'm a grown up. Do you understand?
Speaker 3: You get the T shirt that spilled vinegar.
Speaker 2: I'm a grown man. Don't send me a metal card. Send me a tote bag.
Speaker 3: A toe bag that my cats can break. It was the dog but oh sorry sorry, all right, so that's vinegar syndrome. Any other thoughts on OC and vinegar syndrome this month? Because there was a lot of shit. I mean, it's a great slate.
Speaker 2: You know. I wanted to see every movie that was announced.
Speaker 3: That's impressive.
Speaker 2: I purchased more than I budgeted for and like made a like mental cart for whenever I'm able to do another uh spree. So you know, yeah, they convinced me to re up. I'm cool with it. I yeah, I like to get that box every month. Yeah, I get that. All right?
Speaker 3: This is that a Housemaid? Did you pack that I was talking about? This is the four Kid? It's available here in the US. I hate dig you packs? What's the did you pack those super thin pieces of shit like the old CDs used to get sold, like the cardboard not even like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah that breaks it was yeah real quick? All right? Next, Oh that's something entirely different.
Speaker 3: Don't know why that's on my page. It's because I'm gonna be on Beyond the Blood this month, talking about the commentary for Torso. Yeah, it's gonna be a fun episode.
Speaker 2: I've never been on Beyond the Blood.
Speaker 3: Uh, Chris has talked about having you on, and I think he's a little intimidated. Well, I'll get Chris to invite you.
Speaker 2: Intimidated by what? By you? You're amazing? No, I'm not. Like we literally have just talked for almost three hours.
Speaker 3: Chris will is idiot.
Speaker 2: You know I'm serious on other podcasts.
Speaker 3: How do I get that? I'll ask counter, How I pull that out of you?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's whatever you want. You told me like, Hey, I need somebody to be entertaining because I can't carry the show alone.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what brought you and I together, Monda Micabre. You want to talk about what's coming out in twenty twenty six from Monta Micabro. So they're putting out Morbo from nineteen seventy two. They're they're gonna be putting out The Blood Rose from nineteen seventy They're gonna be putting out Hell's Ground from two thousand and seven, which was a Mondo Micabro co production. Actually Pete Tombs helped produce that film. The Living Corpse from nineteen sixty seven is going to get an upgrade that's Dracula and Pakistan. House of the Loot from nineteen seventy nine is going to be getting released Hong Kong film. Any thoughts on those? By the way, these were all revealed on the Manda Macabra podcast.
Speaker 2: Check out the episode. It was a fun, fun conversation. That was a good episode. I was just telling you that I listened to that and enjoyed it. Really excited about all of these titles, which are unfamiliar to me other than the upgrade on Corpse. Yeah, you know when I you know, whenever I am of means, as I was saying earlier in the podcast, in the in the whatever, this is the show. I'm always like happily blind by Manda macabre bundles. You know, even if I get a film I don't like, I'm glad I saw it. They're they're the best, you know with uh. I don't think any label except perhaps Jeff Crocodile consistently released his films I've never heard of. Agreed, Agreed, I love that. It's a big deal.
Speaker 3: You know who else is always consistent and I'm very happy with all their releases, even though they don't put out enough. Grind House releasing and now you can pre order on February fourteenth.
Speaker 2: This is coming out. You can pre order it now.
Speaker 3: Scarlet Warning six six six. This is Palmer Rocky's Scarlet Warning. This is the first time ever on any home video and this stars Rocky as twin brothers in a story of satanic skullduggery, bizarre occult rituals, and demonic assassination on a country estate. The execution of this premise was so bewildering, insane and confident that the film was laughed off the screen at its Dallas premiere. This was eventually released in nineteen eighty as Scarlet Love, with an original soundtrack album featuring his own vocal stylings. When this Tube met with the audience mockery, Rocky attempted to frame the unintended laughs as keen satire. Rocky was still restricting is Frankenstein's Monster of a movie with new material.
Speaker 2: At the time of his death in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: So this is gonna be a beautiful new remaster, lovingly restored in four K from the original thirty five millimeter negative. It's got provocative in depth interviews with the producer and a co star it's got additional interviews with punk rock icon Jello Biafra and legendary rare record connoisseurs Paul Major and Johnny Trunk. We had an audio commentary by Reverend Even Straying of the Church of the SubGenius, the original theatrical trailer, and extensive stills, galleries, glossy illustrated booklet with liner notes by exploitation historian Chris Paggiali, a em Boss slipcover with new arts. We've got blu ray cover painting by cult artist Dave Lebau, some stills, galleries, trailers, a bonus CD Scarlet Love Movie album, and then of course it's Grindhouse, which means there's gonna be all kinds of Easter eggs on this. There's gonna be like nine things hidden that you'll have to find as you go through it. Literally, I meant that at the beginning, consistently they put out packages that are always worth more than you pay for them. They're genuinely very high quality. I mean, look at the Beyond this year. It's like a six disc ridiculous release of incredibleness, but with stuff like this that I've never seen, never heard of in this case, it is likely to be something I genuinely appreciate.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on this, sir. Oh, it's automatic. I told you my Jello biafre story.
Speaker 3: Maybe we've been doing this well so maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably did. We had when I did college radio, which coincides with the Jellobaphro story. In the radio station, we had this huge mural of Bob from the Church of SubGenius, and uh yeah, so this is this is automatic. I gotta get it nice, all right.
Speaker 3: The only other thing to cover tonight before we go into our other stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez.
Speaker 3: Shelf Shock Rewind is wide open. You can vote now for a while. I will do my best copee. Shelf Shock Rewind twenty twenty five voting is open now. It will be open all month. For those of you that have not been around for the previous award ceremonies, this is going to be a live award ceremony hosted on this channel. On the shelf Shock Rewind channel all kinds of places, we get all kinds of people involved in physical media and films to come out and discuss all of their favorite releases from twenty twenty five. Last year, we had Sean Baker Joe Lynch, Francis Kloopi, Kyle Gollner even more involved.
Speaker 2: In the show.
Speaker 3: Is kind of wild. We'll get a bunch of people to discuss the categories that we're doing, reveal the winners. The labels will come out and say thank you and accept their awards. It's going to be even bigger. This is my last year co hosting this and I'm wanting to make it the best that I possibly can as I walk away from it. But it's gonna be a huge You can vote all month long. The voting will promptly close at midnight on the thirty first. The reason being we got to pick winners because the live show is gonna be on February fifteenth, we don't have much time. We got to figure out who won, do all the calculations, get them notified, get some videos recorded and scheduled, and all that fun stuff, and then edited. Because it's going to be an amazing show. This ends up being about two and a half hours. We do giveaways, we hang out. It is a blast. If you have never been a part of it, please come watch when it's live. But to make it the best that it can be, we need.
Speaker 2: All the people in the community to vote.
Speaker 3: Come out and vote. There are almost thirty different categories, everything ranging from Best Commentary of the Year, Best Visual Essay, Best Region a Release, Best box Set, Best Video Presentation, everything you can think of, basically to highlight all of the great things that come with these releases. And I hope that you guys love it because it is always a blast to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I think it's really cool. I'm glad that.
Speaker 3: Who is it, Chris Higgins from Beyond the Blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad Chris is coming on taking over. I think it's this is going to sound like a weird compliment, but it's a genuine compliment. I think it's so cool that you're able to transition out of it because it shows that people have come to care about it and that it matters, and you know, it's not I mean, it's a truly crowdsourced kind of awards show that you know, doesn't feature the inept corruption of the Foreign Press Association like the Golden Globes or the absolute artistic vacuousness of the Oscars. This is actual fans who actually watched the stuff and and purchase the stuff and care. So I'm really I've never been asked to co host, but but that's probably good because I would I would be corrupt, which is which is why I you know, I actually.
Speaker 5: Abstained from from the nominations and voting this year because at this point I'm hopelessly biased.
Speaker 3: Well and for the record, to try to keep bias out of it. Any thing that was produced by someone's favorite productions was not allowed to be nominated this year. It sucks, and it's.
Speaker 2: Not because like objectively, but the best win every yeah, I wish win.
Speaker 3: Every Chris is saying, it's your last year? Will it still happen next year with someone else.
Speaker 2: That's gonna that's gonna shut deaf Crocodile out, isn't it? No?
Speaker 3: No, no no, If it's about the release, I just meant like, we can't win Best Visual Essay or right, Chris is asking it's my last year. Will it happen next year for someone else? That is the plan right now? And yes, it is my last year. This will be the fourth time in a row that I've done this, and it just it takes three months of my life essentially every time that I put this on, and it is Chris is taken over, right, that was hosting this year. He has not agreed to take it over every year, but.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're on, Chris, Well, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I definitely will be helping behind the scenes next year. But it's a lot.
Speaker 2: I just feel like Chris could make the best promos for it, because you know, I've talked about how much I enjoy his Instagram feed as like softcore pornography for film for you know, physical media.
Speaker 3: Collecting soft core filmography.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh, like every time the soft lighting and it's like he'll go through the shelf and he'll pick some it's like ASMR for for like not perverts, you know. And uh, I just if he was doing stuff like that for shelf shock, I'd be like, oh, yeah, I'm I'm gonna like I would have a party to watch it, you know, like invite people over. A person I would invite a person over. Yeah.
Speaker 3: ABC ninety nine d wants to know if we were going to go over the nominations.
Speaker 2: I can do that real quick.
Speaker 3: I don't want to make this part too too long, But here is the poll that you'll see and and for those of you that have never voted before, by the way, if you don't like the nominations, there is a rite in option on literally every single category, so you don't have to go with one of the choices. Right below there you can vote for whatever you want. So best pre code silent film release this year, we've got al Rani and The Student of Progue from Deaf Crocodile, Kat and the Canary four K from Keto lorber Hell's Angels from Criterion.
Speaker 2: Categories no because a.
Speaker 3: Lot of them are going to be redone, but this cool, this ever gets tough Love, he who gets slapped by Flicker ally and The Old Dark House four K from Eureka Contemporary and Studio Catalog Stuff. We've got eight twenty four stuff Final Destination, Sinner's Toxic Avenger got a nomination, will oh Well Weapons four K Studio Catalog Dance and Boogie Knight's Not maryel Street four K collection Night a Living Dead nineteen ninety Panic Room seven Animation Wise, this is a tough one Radiance with the essential Polish animation release Flow four K from Criterion. Gwen in the Book of Sand from Deaf Krocat I Married a Strange Person from Deaf Crocodile and then Perfect Blue from g Kids oh boy, martial arts. A lot of these are expected. I was I was honestly shocked and loved that Bohachi Bushido from Ondo Macabro got a nomination. Here Come Drink with Me four K was nice this year. The Chain Chay Box set from Eureka, The Great Chase from Neon Eagle Shascope Volume four. That was. I knew that was gonna get a nomination. No, no big surprises. In the horror section, we got The Beyond in the Mouth of Madness, Let's Kiir, Jessica to Death, Nightmare and Elm Street and Possession. Yeah, those are all deserving it. Documentary wise, loved seeing Hookers on Davy from Canadian International Pictures listed there. Yeah, Best Audio Presentation, some good stuff listed Best Video Presentation. Love that The Beyond gotta gotta mention here because it genuinely looks incredible in four K. Best Home Video Upgrade, we got Behind the Green Door nominated for a Shelf shack rewind Award.
Speaker 2: Well as an upgrade, you know, it's the one of the best. Yeah. Question though, has anybody gotten an Ie Wade shut yet? I'm still waiting for my should mat.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I have it and I would say a lot of people have it.
Speaker 2: Oh never mind. I like that. I like the Dirty Work, and Behind the Green Door are in competition with Ice Wide shot with Cubrick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sorcerer and I the Juggler both very deserving their packaging. Wise, I'm gonna throw my weight behind Black Sheep.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 3: We got a wool box set from Umbrella for that one.
Speaker 2: That's not the Chris Farley.
Speaker 3: Movie, correct, it is the Killer Sheep movie from New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Killer Sheep.
Speaker 3: Let's see the when Wes Anderson Archive got its first nomination on that one.
Speaker 2: It's about that because it looks like a cardboard box.
Speaker 3: But okay, Best deal Book, Boogie Nights, Dogma and Imary Elm Street Collection, Panic Room, and Small Soldiers. Nice to see Joe dantake it a nod with Small Soldiers.
Speaker 2: Yeah he didn't, but the again.
Speaker 3: Best Artwork Altered States from Criterion, the Deadly Spawn from Synapse, Love that box on that one, Freaked from Umbrella, History of Violence from Criterion, and a New Leaf by Cinematograph. Love that new Leaf box. We got some good interviews here, one of them with John Waters, one with Mikey Madison, one with Carl Reiner or not Carl Reiner, Rob Reiner.
Speaker 2: Hello, glad they got that filmed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gerramo del Toro talking about Possession. Willem Dafoe on New Roe's Hotel, New visual essay, Eva Man getting a nod here with Ian Higbee's Calice or visual essay School in the Crosshairs. This is a wonderful visual essay by Philip Jeffries that I helped put together.
Speaker 2: Thinks you have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: I personally did not do anything on that visual essay. The nice guys. We got Lee Singer doing a piece there on my friend John Rubber's Lover, and then Joe Madrey got nominated for the Fireworks.
Speaker 2: One that I don't want to put my thumb on the scale, but yeah, that's worth That's worth a luck and and a message.
Speaker 3: You should let him know he was nominated Best Newly Written Essay. We've got the even Man release again from Anto Macabro, Alexander Heller Nicholas for the Innkeepers for Second Sight, Elena Lazak on Possession, Michelle Kisner on the Sidness, Sidness, Sadness, Heather Drayton on Twisted Issues for Sadn's Core.
Speaker 2: Love that Saturn's Core got a NOOM there. Just in case you didn't know, I wrote an essay for The Devil's Sword, but.
Speaker 3: That only was it ineligible. Many people did not get it until months after the release commentary. We got Alexander Heller Nicholas and Alison Taylor on Possession, the Wonderful Work with Frank Sebastiano and Mike Hunchback on Dirty Work Art, ev'm A Mike Leader on Inflatable Sex, Doll of the Wastelands. Love seeing that get nominated, Sam Degan on Criterions Altered States, and then Willow, Kaitlin McLay and Kaden Mark Gardner for Eva Man Eva Man getting a lot of nominations deservedly so that that release is incredible. Yeah, Best single feature release. You can take a look at that later. Best Region B Release. There's a lot here. I'm gonna point out Hammer Films. I was going to talk about that in my round up of the year, but man, they have done some incredible work this year. Best Region A release, A lot of great stuff there, a New Leaf getting nominated Best box Set, the Michael Hannicca Collection from Umbrella Nightmare and Elm Street Collection, Shasco Volume four, Wes Anderson Arsca Archive, all competing with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Trilogy.
Speaker 2: Well I'd take that over Wes Anderson.
Speaker 3: And then a couple more to cover here that I think are really cool. So we've got the small slate boutique labels that put out fifteen or less titles in one year. We've got def Crocodile, Fun City, Connie Second Site, and terror Vision. That's a very competitive market there.
Speaker 2: Well, TerrorVision definitely put out less than fifteen actually just barely ounce like one hundred, but yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: And then from the large scale boutiques, we've got Arrow, Criterion, Radiance, Umbrella and Vinegar Syndrome. Umbrella came up and knocked out Keino this year.
Speaker 2: That's a tough Quino had a good year, man, I don't know, that's tough.
Speaker 3: A lot of people fell in love with Umbrella this year.
Speaker 2: Good year. But wow, that's all right.
Speaker 3: That's new label from this year. We've got Bizarro, Brainstorm Media, Hammer Films Club, Super Eight, and New Way Video. There are three that feel very deserving of this.
Speaker 2: To me. It's hard to think of Hammer as New. But yeah, like they've all of a sudden started. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Best Region B Label we got Imprint, Radiance, Arrow, second Site and Umbrella. Best Region we got Criterion, Deaf, Crocodile, Keino, Severn and Vinegar Syndrome, and the best overall release Cafe Flesh getting its only nomination there.
Speaker 2: Severn got shut the fuck out this year, didn't they? Yes, they did.
Speaker 3: Severn did not get much shocking notice.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know what to say about it. I think most of these nominations are boring.
Speaker 3: Actually boring interesting. I was kind of shocked and loved seeing that they felt quite varied this year. Like last year we had the Hitcher get nominated for like like fourteen or fifteen things.
Speaker 2: I guess that's true, but I felt like I was saying the same titles over and over. There's more, there's more options this year. Hey, you know, the people speak, you know, so who am I to ever question the votes of the people. All right, you want to talk about twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Nah, you want to go some some good things first? You want to talk about the other stuff?
Speaker 2: First? What good things do we have to say? Well?
Speaker 3: I was going to go through my run through, which I felt pretty good.
Speaker 2: About this year. Oh well, go ahead.
Speaker 3: So I saw more than one hundred and twenty five movies in the theater this year, the most I've ever seen by far. Hosted personally more than one hundred episodes of podcasts, guested on a ton of others we worked on or I worked on in some capacity. At least forty different home video releases this year. Wow for home video titles or box sets or what have you, went to two film festivals in person and attended a third. Virtually put out ten issues of the magazine in twenty twenty five. I couldn't get the exact number because it's insane, but I posted more than fifteen hundred physical media announcements on four different social media channels this year. WOW helped prepare and pitch a bunch of different things behind the scenes, hosted the Award Show last spring, posted ten different interviews on my channel, and have done four more that need to be edited and be posted, including one with I let this slip on social media with Joe Dante. Really need to get that edited and posted.
Speaker 2: Oops.
Speaker 3: Let's see flew to California twice, one of them surprising Jeremy Long. He had no idea I was coming. Did a bunch of stuff at home, including hosting family gatherings and holiday dinners and all that fun stuff with my family. Plus lost one hundred and twenty pounds this year. That was kind of crazy. And yeah, that was the good stuff. There's a lot of bad too.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, man, that's a good year. What about you, Well, you know, all the good stuff that happened. Work wise, we've talked about on the show. You know, it's been tough. You know, me and my wife both lost our jobs last in twenty twenty four, my wife in twenty twenty five. We were very lucky to find new work soon after, but we had several months with you know, health insurance issues and no income and stuff like that. So it was just it was challenging and we're you know, don't cry for me, Argentina. You know, we were fine, but it's been very stressful and I'm looking forward to twenty twenty six. And all that being said, it was a very lucky year in many ways. Started off with the having Sam Deagan come down to North Carolina and worked with Tiffany Sheppis and thanks to your connection Brian Husena did a virtual talk with my students and started doing conventions, started working conventions for Severn, whose films apparently are not good enough to be nominated for shelf Shock Award.
Speaker 3: By the way, the Sam Degan thing from last year feels like that was like two and a half years ago.
Speaker 2: Now it's been a long year. And yeah, you know, like I'm very grateful to have expanded the opportunities for my work as an academic, and we have a lot of cool stuff that we still can't talk about for twenty twenty six, and so I'm so so grateful for all of the good things, even as we all endure all the bad things. And you know, I talk about my problems, and I know so many people in the chat have struggled with their own shit, and that's one of the reasons I really like being part of this community and doing this show and being your friend, because they're the good parts of life. You know, A love my kids, they're good, pretty happy with them. But yeah, you know, you can get really myopic in your life because you're just stuck dealing with you what you have to do day to day. And I'm really glad that you like literally kept stock of all the good things that were happening to you. Really excited about your you know, improved health and all the work that you've been doing, and all the podcasts that you've been doing. You've built I make jokes about how you built an empire out of the ashes of COVID, but you have, and it's a It's the kind of empire that I can get behind. I'm glad to be a part of. So Yeah, congratulations man, Happy New Year. Happy. I can't wait for you to announce some of the things that are coming up so that I can pretend like I'm shitting on them, you know what I mean, Like I always I'm like, but like, I'm actually so excited and happy for you, and happy for us, and happy for everyone who gets to be a part of it. Really happy about getting to meet and work with so many of the cool people that are in this orbit, and people I haven't even gotten to work with yet that who have just kind of discovered through joining up with you, you know, Erica and Michelle and so many other people that I hadn't been familiar with before. Bill Ackerman, you know, like all these people that like, just over the last two years, I've been like, holy shit, where are these people been my whole life? You know, I've been enriched. So yeah, there's been. There's been a lot of good stuff in twenty twenty five to bring some light in an otherwise pretty dark year. But one thing happens this year that like depressed me more than any other. I I don't think I've ever cried as much over the death of someone that I didn't know personally. Then last month, when Josh Becker died, As anybody who's ever seen me on your show knows, Josh Becker's a filmmaker who's work means a lot to me. And I was so sad because for months and years I've been talking about how much I wanted to reach out to Josh Becker and interview him for your show, for the Channel, to talk about his work too. I did a whole thing about his his documentary that didn't even merit its own release, Other people's, other other people's careers, which is on the SYNAPS release of Invaluable. Josh Becker got his start in Michigan working with Bruce Campbell and Sam Ramie and Ted Raimi doing shorts and The Evil Dad and everything and h I love his work and I wish I got it hot to him. I was really stupid not to not to reach out to him. So check out Josh Becker's stuff. You can get us books, Gospel of Judas, super funny, Hitler in the Madhouse, super funny, two novels, great memoir, Going Hollywood Essays, Brushes. I'm gonna go off for a second.
Speaker 3: Okay, this was a hard year. There was a lot of stuff that happened this year that uh took us by storm, that allowed us to get closer together, that allowed the community to come together. As Will was super vulnerable. I'm going to take the moment so that we don't necessarily bring it down again. But just in the last couple of days, I find out that one of the patrons, actually one of the patrons of the show, just passed away, not even two weeks ago, now thirteen days ago. A friend of mine, Josh Phillips. He had written for the magazine a couple of times. I spoke to him all the time through social media, lives or lived three and a half four hours away from me. I had never known that. If I did, I probably would have made a little more of an effort to try to meet in person. I've done that with many people for this, and Josh's wife reached out to me to let me know that he passed away and was apologizing for needing to stop contributing to the Patreon, and the only thing I can think is, I I don't care. The Patreon was not there for that. I wanted the community, and this community has done so much that I long to be with you guys every single Thursday. And it's not even just Thursday, because so many of you I messaged throughout the week. I mean, at least on two, three, four, at least five of the names literally visible in the comment section right now on my screen I've spoken to in a chat outside of a Thursday night in the last seven days. Literally multiple of those people I have texted with my home phone number, with my own personal cell number. I I do not treat this like a chat section, or like somebody needs to pay me or anything like that. These are all genuinely my friends, and to hear that one of them passed away just thirteen days ago fucking broke me. I don't know what else to say, and I know that it's super cliche to say reach out if you need it. But finding out that one of those people took their own life and I didn't put more time into it made me feel wrecked. And Will and I are both people that are there to listen to people. We have been here for other people going through crises. Fuck, I don't even know what to say. It's too cliche to say reach out if you need it, but genuinely I don't. I respond to every single person in the world that messages the disconnected on any platform. I'm always here to text, to email, two d M, to joke in the discord, to respond to every single YouTube comment. This all means so much more than just home video and finding that community has been one of the most enriching things in my life.
Speaker 2: In a way. It's nice to feel pain, you know, when when people pass, because it it means that that something matters to you. Yeah, And you know, the people in this community are are so important because they're well first and foremost because they're human beings, but also because we share these these interests and the things that we love, and so I'm very grateful to have been welcomed into this community. You know, I'm new to it. A couple of years. I'm glad to have stumbled into your orbit, Ryan, and you know, it's a reminder that that you should not ever hesitate to reach out to people that you want to talk to. You know, in the case of Becker, who's a filmmaker that and a writer who's every day, every day for the last twenty six years, since nineteen ninety nine, every day I read something that Josh Becker wrote, either on his website or over the last couple of years on a sub stack. He wasn't the you know, he's not Wars and Wells or anything, but he was a He was a filmmaker who was unabashedly himself and had really provocative and interesting and well informed opinions about film. And so I I really regret not being able to tell him, uh how much he meant to me. Of course that you know, I sound like some guy's stalking Taylor Swift, like what's the difference, But you know, really it was an opportunity that passed by. And one thing that I'm glad about is that my having met you, Ryan has pushed me to reach out to not just filmmakers that I admire and want to speak to and work with, but also other writers and researchers who produce stuff for discs, and people in the chat, people in the I'm not super active in the discord, but I've gotten to talk to a lot of people. You know, even Sidner is okay when it comes down to it. You know, he's a human being as well, and I'd feel bad if something bad happened to him. Now, I like Sidner, So I don't know. How do you think we're gonna land this one carefully? You you got through without crying. Not entirely did a good job, though you did. You cried like a like a man. I I let it, I let it out, and I was like, I gotta go. You know, you were able to handle it. You were close, you were giving a tribute though, Like that was good ship.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty six. Let's land it there. What are you looking forward to this year?
Speaker 2: Am I looking forward to this year anything but what happened last year? I am looking forward to a four K restoration of Merchants of Death.
Speaker 3: What I'm looking forward to us completing a box set that we've been producing for the last year and a half.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're going to get.
Speaker 3: I sure hope.
Speaker 2: So wow, I don't think we've said that. Yeah, I never said that. Did you say it on a shop? Probably you said it with Sibner, didn't you? I did, Yeah, look at you. Yeah, Sibner made me say it. Yeah. We're working on a box set.
Speaker 3: Not just a box set. There's a lot going into it. Hopefully doing more with Tiffany Sheppis, that's for sure. We've still been talking with her.
Speaker 2: We have, well have we we have? Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I uh just eleven dight. Well, it's about to be ten days from now here. Ten days from now I'll have literally the biggest announcement of my life on this show. You can't wait to share you pregnant. I lost one hundred and twenty pounds to get pregnant. Yes, yeah, yeah, Monday, January twelfth.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Scott Keeling just became my favorite person. Scott Keeling allegedly got a signature from PJ Souls on a DVD of Merchants of Death. That's awesome. That's what I'm looking forward.
Speaker 3: To and getting PJ Souls to autograph Merchants of Death.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm going to be at a I'm going to be at a convention for Severn with Patty Mullen. Ooh, frankin Hooker.
Speaker 3: I've got a really nice screenprint of Freaking Hooker that I would love a Patty Mullens signature on.
Speaker 6: Well, sorry, oh man, but yeah, in ten days January twelfth, hopefully it'll be everywhere.
Speaker 3: Please share that announcement everywhere because it's going to be a big, big, big thing that is taking up a lot of my time.
Speaker 2: What is this war Path Josh Becker's last film? As we as we get to the end, I just want to show some Josh Becker films.
Speaker 3: Scott says he's going to send me the proof of the signature on it.
Speaker 2: Running Time's a good one. Yeah, check out some Josh Becker stuff, you know. As as Ronnie pointed out, he directed several of the best episodes of Xena, Warrior, Princess and Jack of All Trades, also with Bruce Campbell, The Best of the Hercules movies, and The Maze of the Menotaur with Anthony Quinn. Thou Shall Not Kill Accept? Thou Shall Not Kill Accept and Running Time are both available on synaps. Several unreleased films Lunatics, a love story held up in the MGM Vaults If I had a Hammer, which I think is his best film.
Speaker 3: Desperately needs to release.
Speaker 2: By the way, yeah, you don't really need to see Stanley's The Harpies from Sci Fi Channel, but it exists better as Alien Apocalypse. So anyway, Josh becker Man, guess how old he was when he died? The same age as you? Six seven? Well, you know what, I think you would have found that funny if he had any dea what it was.
Speaker 3: So this is great, literally already received it.
Speaker 2: Look at this, no ship? Good for you? Man? Hey, can you bag me up about how awesome that movie is? Wow, that's awesome, jes that is fantastic. Back me up, tell me how much you love that line where the guy goes you fucking farmer? Look at this too, No way, oh way to go dude? What's awesome? Was she surprised that that's the movie you pulled out.
Speaker 3: Right before she took this picture. She's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Dude? Hey, look there was a great cast in that. You know.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Fuck, thank you thanks for sharing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a much better way to end this than what we were doing.
Speaker 3: Well, genuinely, do you have. What what are you looking forward to in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six or yeah, I you know, I kind of don't want to be honest. I I you know, I'm trying to get better. I'm trying. You know, I've got I got a lot of demons, man, I'm trying to I'm trying to deal with them. Like like, my big focus in twenty twenty six is to stop what I've been doing and focus on what I can do. So you know, I have no jokes. Well maybe a couple. I yeah, I need to. I got no more excuses. I gotta I gotta get get my ship together. I'm gonna die and that's that's it. Twenty twenty six. Neat has to be good. I gotta we gotta do that. Oh my goodness, look you just crossed my path. Oh big black cat. Oh heye, cruise Oh Henri not inspector, you can show the cat bigger Now. Well he's turned away because he doesn't want to be Yes, there you go, yes many all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Before we went live, I uh, I got a video from his wife having a video of him opening a Christmas present this year, and it was a big stuffed muppet and seeing that we both love the Muppet so much.
Speaker 2: Just got me again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all that's say, you'll be hearing more about Josh in the next week. Not crazy enough. They're both named Josh. Yeah, the Josh that was closer to my side that I'm talking about. His wife needs a lot of help right now. She was left in a really bad position. And something I've always tried to do with this with a little bit of outreach is to try to help people.
Speaker 2: And when I lost.
Speaker 3: Another friend last year through this, this community turned out in ways that I did not expect, and we sent that family like four thousand dollars to give to give to his daughter to go to college, and we got a lot of his collection sold off and helped raise money for the family that they could never have dreamed of happening. Oh boy, there's definitely gonna be something coming out in this next week where this family needs help to And if anybody has money left after subscriber week, has the ability to put anything out there to help somebody that is not in a situation where they were planning on dealing with this, I'd really appreciate the community showing up there too. And I don't even share all those Another friend on Facebook, just like five weeks ago, right after he lost his job and before he got medical insurance, was in a major car accident and literally broke his neck, and through one of our Facebook groups, we just raised a bunch of money and literally hand delivered it to him and his family, all through physical media. I'm so just thrilled that everybody that has been surrounding this has been so kind and generous and willing to help out. And every single time, I give as much as I possibly can, and I've seen other people do the exact same thing, and I don't know how to thank you. It is astonishing to see the people come together like this. It just sucks that so much of us need help right now, because I know that many of us are struggling, and twenty twenty five was a bitch for so many reasons, in a way that many of us felt that we've never felt before, including myself. I mean, my day job is far from safe at this point, and I just looking forward to twenty twenty six. I sincerely hope that anything that's a part of that improves.
Speaker 2: And twenty five.
Speaker 7: OCNS, Yeah, Jesus, this is I didn't expect it to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I hope that. I hope that we can help out a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On that note, genuinely what I said earlier, If you need anything, both of us are here.
Speaker 2: Please reach out.
Speaker 3: Just Ryan, I'll give you Wheel's home address. Hell, he's already shown that you can rescue cats.
Speaker 2: You might be next if you're a cat.
Speaker 3: On the plus side, there's no more loops in his house.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like, see, you set me up for a joke that now I can't make. Well. Genuinely, I love you.
Speaker 3: You're one of my closest friends, and doing what we do together throughout the year has made everything so much more enjoyable.
Speaker 2: So thank you. Well. I remain emotionally hamstrung by my upbringing, but I can say, honestly, Ryan, I you too.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for the word tolerate, but I'll take that. On that note, come back next week to see Gentry and Casey on the show. It's going to be an incredible week. The since indicate guys are amazing, and I can't wait to highlight their show in a way that they deserve it.
Speaker 2: I love y'all. Will stay safe. We'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 3: We're gonna stop the vulnerable cry fest. Now, how good night, see y'all.
Speaker 2: Two wake guys talking.
Speaker 3: Thank you for watching The Disconnected on the way out. Make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 1: Hey, movie lovers, I'm Pete Wright and I'm Andy Nelson. We are the hosts of the Next Real Film Podcast. If you're passionate about films like we are, you'll love our show. Each week, we dive deep into a movie, discussing everything from the story and performances to the cinematography and score.
Speaker 8: Not to mention budgets and awards. We have covered iconic series like Francis hercoppol As, the Godfather trilogy, examining themes of power, family, and the dark side of the American dream.
Speaker 9: We've explored the works of groundbreaking directors like Catherine Bigelow, discussing her mastery of tension.
Speaker 8: We've looked at heist films, great car chases, great years in film, couples on the run.
Speaker 3: And more.
Speaker 9: Our discussions go beyond the surface, examining what makes each film tick. We believe that when the movie ends, the conversation begins, and we'd love for you to join that conversation.
Speaker 8: Find the next Real Film podcast on your favorite podcast app or at Thenextreel dot.
Speaker 2: Com the Next Reel.
Speaker 1: When the movie ends, our conversation begins.
Speaker 4: Hello, and welcome to Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys.
Speaker 1: My name is Hunter.
Speaker 4: In this podcast, I'll be joined by a different guest each week to discuss a classic Western movie or TV show. I've been a fan of classic westerns for as long as I can remember, and in recent years they've become very nostalgic for me. I love the esthetic, the tropes, and I love seeing different filmmakers takes on them at their best. They're incredibly entertaining, rewatchable, and some of my all time favorite movies are Westerns. We'll mostly focus on Western movies made in Hollywood, but we'll also be covering spaghetti westerns and one thing I'm very excited to get into our Western TV shows. I've got some amazing guests coming on the show, film professors, historians, and podcasters, and Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys is part of the someone's Favorite productions podcast Network, and many guests on the show will be from other shows on the network.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: To hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network, please select the link in the description