Speaker 1: Yeah, rip of news. You need advice who you don't have? Come Running's just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hello.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We are solving problems every day, answering questions and taking complaints, making your life just a little easier. And we do it by you calling in with a problem, question or complaint and we help you. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by waterpros dot net. Now listen, this is a Gangbuster special. He's gonna honor all of them, but he has been so overwhelmed by the end of your special. So you get a whole house water softening system and a triple for filter reverse osmosis system for drinking water. Now, both of those systems, even at his low prices would be like five grand or more. The plumbers would start. I promise you for both of these systems at twelve to fifteen and more. You can get it done at water Pros right now, both for three thy one ninety five dollars thirty one ninety five waterpros dot net threeho three eight six two five five five four. Okay, I'm waiting for do we have the studio to join us? Mark? Are you there? We are here? There's no camera? Well, come on, man, I wanted to see your ugly mind.
Speaker 5: No, I got to use my phone though. You know that I know and I we'll get that phone up here. We'll get a long story, long story. What we're trying to do is work it out so we can go live.
Speaker 4: Well, we can go live from the studio right now with a photo with the picture, but when we all want to go and originate for the studio, that's what we're working on. Anyway, Welcome to the show. And it's sus that. Did I hear Sue's John on the phones?
Speaker 1: Time? Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, Susan is on the phones? Did did Kachina have too many mimosas? Or what?
Speaker 1: Something?
Speaker 4: Today's town? All right, So Chris wants to talk about selling real estate and what is happening Chris, what's going on?
Speaker 6: I have a really unique rush to cabin in Douglas County, and I'm wondering the best way to advertise her or find the right fire.
Speaker 4: Rustic cabin where is it?
Speaker 6: Twenty minutes from home depot in Castle Rock, and it's completely secluded. It's got no neighbors. It's round up by true many rand.
Speaker 4: How many acres?
Speaker 6: It is? Not acres? It is zero point three six acres and another property ero point four acres. Everybody else there is forty acres or so.
Speaker 4: Oh so that's why. That's why it's secluded. What is a Douglas County? Where is it?
Speaker 6: Up Highway sixty seven?
Speaker 5: Where the part give us an area Douglas? It sounds like Douglas.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's past magicalch If I tell you the name of the area its I'll just tell you the name. It's by Elephant Rock if you ever heard of that? And the view of Elephant Rock is from my driveway. Is where you can see Elephant Rock?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know where that is marked you but an a a case. I don't have a clue. I'm just going as Douglas County. I want to know a few things. Is it off grid?
Speaker 6: It's got completely off grid. It's got no upgradestill it.
Speaker 4: It's off grid. How do you get power? How do you get power?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 6: I have solar, but I'll take it out when I leave, so I don't have the liability off it. Somebody will elect your well.
Speaker 4: Hold on a second, First of all, there would be no liability to sol the solar system you're not going to have are you going to have? Like, let me get this straight. So you're going to sell this off grid? No electricity, no running water, nothing correct, No water, no plumbing, no bathroom.
Speaker 6: Nothing correct. But one of the things I always heard was by the cheapest property in the nicest neighborhood. I think that's.
Speaker 4: Got that down, pat brother, But let me get but I still come on, man, we still have to ask some very obvious questions. There's very few people, very few people will want a cabin with no running water, no bathroom, and no power. Okay, Ted Kaczynski comes to mind. No, no, seriously, very few people are going to want that because and and what does your does your solar system provide regular electricity?
Speaker 6: Itoks?
Speaker 4: Do you own?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Do you own the solar system? Or are you leasing it?
Speaker 6: It's a piece together.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a homemade deal.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Oh, never mind, that is okay, It probably is better taking it out of there. Well, okay, on a tiny lot on a tiny lot off grid? How many square feet does the cabin four hundred? Yeah, it's it's you don't have a lot of value there, I mean, but but I don't know who you would get. Let let's think about this. I want to should we call called Frank? Do you think, well, that's totally out of his that's totally out of it. But he might have ideas well. Chris.
Speaker 8: Already, he says he called Frank. What did Frank have to say?
Speaker 6: Frank said he all talked off and that it's not something he does, but he might have a contact.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Stephanie would do Stephanie Ari, isn't she or Stephanie Thomas, you know Stephanie ri dot com. I think it's probably too far.
Speaker 6: Chris.
Speaker 8: Are you allowed to build a home on this property?
Speaker 4: You mean is it a real building? Is it a real building lot? That's a good point. Is it a real building?
Speaker 8: Crape the cabin and build a small hall?
Speaker 4: Is it a real building lot?
Speaker 8: Would the county allow you to do that?
Speaker 4: Or the buyer to do that?
Speaker 6: It's a house there now to him? They text me on a residential house.
Speaker 4: So wait a minute, what do you mean you're talking about the cabin. Yes, No, here's what I'm asking Can you knock down that cabin and put up a real house? Would they allow that?
Speaker 6: Well, that's what I'm asking to I would not see why not?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well there.
Speaker 4: Where is the closest Where is the closest power Where is the closest utility? Well, no, you would have to do a well.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, he's surrounded by forty acre home sites.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, where's the closest where's the closest power grid? If you wanted to bring power.
Speaker 6: In, I'm going to say one thousand feet.
Speaker 4: Oh okay. Have you ever inquired as to bringing in that?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: And I would never do it.
Speaker 4: I don't even think so. I don't think on that size of a lot you can even put a well and a septic. You don't have that much separation.
Speaker 6: No, okay, I'm pretty sure I can put a well. When I bought it, it was discussed and if a property is under forty acres and was subdivided before nineteen seventy two, it can qualify for a small household.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but where are you going to put the septic?
Speaker 6: Now that the septic? I'm not sure, and I always thought i'd put an inCider writing toilet in Right now for septic, we've got poortofoc comes out empties to thing.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, then what about what about showers and stuff? How much did you what about gray water? Where would you put gray water?
Speaker 6: And a sister? I don't have the answer to these questions.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's why I'm asking. I'm asking to see if you do or didn't. I mean, that's what I'm doing, that's all. And how much did you pay for it?
Speaker 6: I bought it from a hermit and it was never on the market, so I still got a good deal on it.
Speaker 4: God, you are so elusive. How much did you pay for it? Is that an answer?
Speaker 6: I paid for both for both properties, I paid thirty five dollars twenty one years ago.
Speaker 4: You're not going to get much more, I mean truly. I mean, you really don't have a lot there. But that doesn't mean it's worthless. For goodness sakes, that doesn't.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm calling to try and find the right buyer. I know my buyer is real limited, but it's got a whole lot of positives.
Speaker 4: Give me some positives, because you're puzzling me, give me a positive.
Speaker 6: So I'm just it's one hundred and fifty year old cabin. It was a stage stop. It's got hands huing beams in it. Yeah, I'm waiting.
Speaker 4: Waiting for the positive. Okay, what's that.
Speaker 6: It's at some place you can live. If somebody is in their RV, they can go park their RV in the driveway and live in the cabin and use all the facilities and there's they can build a new home on there. We've used it and enjoyed it for twenty one years, sweating. It's got a stream originating on the property.
Speaker 8: Okay, Chris, is their phone and internet service in your home?
Speaker 4: Any communications service?
Speaker 6: My key mobile cell phone works fine, and the star Wink I imagine works fine.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, if you have electricity again, this is a challenge. It's not worthless, that's for sure. How much are you mentally thinking you're going to get out of this? People always have an idea, and if you say you don't, you do how much?
Speaker 6: Joe, I'm thinking it's worth at waste two hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: You're dreaming in fairyland. You're in fairyland and I could bake Oh my god. Well, first of all, a building lot up there wouldn't be worth that. You have a tiny, tiny postage stamp of a lot and you have a four hundred foot What is the cabin made of? Logs?
Speaker 6: Logs?
Speaker 4: Okay? Is it a real log cabin? I mean, was it built well or what?
Speaker 6: It was a real log cabin? And half of what was an edition put on?
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you that if you got two hundred thousand dollars, I would be as shocked as if Kamala Harris wins in a landslide victory. That's how shocked I would be. Now, No, seriously, a mark, Come on, man, we know enough, We know enough about property. What's thee okay? How about something real simple? What's the address?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Can I at least try to look at it on a satellite or something.
Speaker 6: I give you the air dress. I don't want somebody random driving.
Speaker 4: I don't blame you for giving to us off the air, Chris, give it to us off the air. Hold on, We're gonna take a break. Give it to us off the air. But it's three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Stephanie Thomas, who's one of our real estate experts, and she and she's in the Pike Speak area, Springs area and uh you can reach her at Stephanie ari dot com. So, Stephanie, are you familiar with this area where the cabin is.
Speaker 2: I haven't had a chance to look the property yet, but I am familiar with Sedelia.
Speaker 4: Is it Sedalia? Basically? Yeah, it's definitely yes. And Mark, you say, can you send me a picture that you.
Speaker 5: I'll send you the best I can. It's very odd if you go to the listings, Stephanie. I don't know how they did this, but you can find the address on Zillow realtor dot com. But when you go there, they blanked out the picture of the house on all of them. But I did find one picture of it. How do they do that? And why do they do that? Out of curiosity?
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes I see photos removed from listings after they've sold to kind of protect the privacy of the new homeowner, like the interior finish and that kind of thing. I do see that quite often.
Speaker 6: I'm listing, and.
Speaker 5: This would be you know, with no water, no electricity that this would not be something you'd get a traditional mortgage on.
Speaker 4: This would be a cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd looking at cash. I did, actually because I heard you guys chatting about it. I'm in between appointments and have you guys on actually, And I reached out to one of my lenders who's pulled up a couple loan types and said, no, it would not be financiable without utilities.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well unless you did, like a signature loan or something else. I mean, it's not going to have a mortgage. I mean people could borrow money to buy it. But it's nothing traditional in other words, correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and anytime you go in and do something like that, you're limiting your fire pole further than you would.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is this thing needs to.
Speaker 5: Be marketed to like people that uh you know, I'm trying to think of a nice way to put it, like like the UNI bomber and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's not completely abnormal. I've seen stuff like that up in Teller Counties. It's not abnormal to see some off gride properties, but it is a rather small buire pool of people who would be looking for something like that.
Speaker 4: You know, I'd level it.
Speaker 2: I I can't sing on property.
Speaker 5: The property could be worth a ton time. I mean, I don't know what the property is worth. The house itself I don't think has any value. I'm going to send you a picture of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it may just be a landlot have Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: The tiny, tiny lot that's off grid, what's that going to be worth? I mean, come on, well, if.
Speaker 5: You could put up a nice pen, yeah, honestly, if you could put up a nice tiny house or something.
Speaker 4: That was well, okay, so Stephanie, what is your gut on a lot that's small?
Speaker 2: I didn't catch the size of the law. I turned on when you guys were already talking about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's bring them up. Let's bring them up. What size is your lot, sir?
Speaker 6: Oh to watch ninety by three hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's going to be pretty tiny.
Speaker 10: So just patting.
Speaker 2: I know a builder, for instance, up here that does you know, manufactured some of those small modular homes being.
Speaker 4: One hundred and eighty by six hundred is what we're talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they typically want half an acre in order to install septic and well, because you have certain distances, I know.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly that's exactly the point I'm making. Yeah, And so he's saying, well, put an incinerator, toilet in and all this. I mean, you know, let's just be honest. He thought he's going to get two hundred grand. I think that's that's that's Disneyland.
Speaker 5: Billo shows it at a Bucks seventy five. Oh, come on, God almighty.
Speaker 4: If anyone okay, here's what I want to know, be aware of anyone will that'll pay that much money. Beware of them because they they they're morons. No, I'm sorry, YouTube morons. I didn't mean to assault you.
Speaker 2: But well, you know, land has different value different areas, and like I said, i'd have to really look at the exact area. I've seen some properties out in Sedalia get quite high. I've also seen properties that aren't as much. You know, that's not my primary area, but I am pretty familiar with it. It really just appezs. But it sounds like there's a lot of unique things going on with this property that.
Speaker 5: Hey, caller, does it have water rights or mineral rights or anything abnormal?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I'm sorry to say that.
Speaker 1: So if you have.
Speaker 2: Water rights, you probably got a deed for that with your purchase, and a lot of times I in my experience, I've seen them conveyed via separate deed, so like a special warranty deed for the water rights specifically, so you would have potentially a second deed for that. But you might want to look back at your paperwork from when you purchase to see.
Speaker 6: What you have.
Speaker 2: You can pull an ownership and encumbrance report on title and see if anything comes up.
Speaker 9: But the thing about minerals is not all mineral rights are going to be shown on title reports.
Speaker 2: So a lot of times if a property does have something like that, you might need an attorney to go in and research it. So water rights and mineral rights, you know, they're not as typical with like our typical real estate contract.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, so in any case, the bottom line is, you know, maybe it's worth something. I mean, Mark, would you pay one hundred and seventy five for that? I know nothing about it. I mean my gut says no way. Jose. Well, as Amitri, you're in the market for a property in Douglas County and that you want something remote, just something to get away. Does that What does that sound like to you?
Speaker 8: It sounds promising. I'm going to after the show to word price sounds promising to know. The price doesn't the property itself does. The price could be worked out later. But if Chris is okay with it, I'll give him a call at Arrench for a viewing tomorrow.
Speaker 5: While we have Stephanie on Stephanie, how do you take a property as unique as this and even come up with the value. For God's sake, everything around it is forty acres with electricity and stuff. It's this little tiny lot with a house. It's one hundred plus years old or whatever.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 5: You're not going to find anything like that to compare it to how do you get comps on it?
Speaker 2: Well, this is where we'd have to call in a knowledgeable appraiser and probably have a prelisting appraisal because we definitely research as real estate agents, we research comps, and if there are no comps, then we can't expand out into a reasonable area to find comps. That's when you know, I would personally call an appraiser that I know to be knowledgeable with mountain properties and have somebody come in, you know, and do a little jigger deeping and you know, take a.
Speaker 9: Peek there for us.
Speaker 2: I have those prelisting appraisals on properties. You know, if they're not from the lender and the homeowners doing them, you can get them at a more reasonable dollar you know, maybe five six hundred bucks, you know, something like that. So it's worth it to go in and do that as your prelisting due diligence when you have no good information to price it on.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you very much. I mean I appreciate the information.
Speaker 6: Steph.
Speaker 4: Listen, sir, well would you list it? Would you be willing to list it? Let's just ask that That's what he called up about I'd.
Speaker 2: Have to take a peek at the area and see if it's in my area. I do have MLS for that area, and like I said, it's it's kind of similar to where I am, so Susan off address. Yeah, I'd have to really do some begging to see it's something I.
Speaker 10: Can assist with with.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's something, thank you very much. We appreciate that. So it could be something three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So we'll we'll check it out. And I hope you have I hope you have better luck selling it with somebody than than talking to me. I'm sorry. I just after years and years of dealing in real estate. Now I haven't been in it for a while, but god, I mean, there's got to be some value there or you get you get pummeled. Shila. eBay Motors, what's going on, Shilah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was just trying to find out if.
Speaker 11: They're reputable.
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, eb is eBay Motors reputable? Here's what I'm going to say to you. eBay Motors is as reputable as any place where they list cars. Autotrader, Dot or yeah, auto Trader or whatever cars dot com. What I mean by this, it's not the platform you have to worry about, but the people on the platform. And here's the biggest problem with eBay motors is when they lure you off the platform for a private deal. But it's under the guise of eBay motors. In fact, some of them even make you look like you're paying PayPal or paying somewhere else. I would say, are you looking to buy or sell? First of all, bye, let me give you some Let me give you some great tips. Okay, I want you to hold on. If you can just hold for a few minutes, it'll be worth it. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Compass Insurance Group. By the way, if you're looking for insurance brand new or comparing what you have, you should do an insurance checkup free of charge the Insurance Healthcenter dot Com three h three nine nine six nine thousand Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so let's go back to the phones. And I feel bad giving that guy such bad news about his property. Let's give her some Sila, some good news, Sheila. Let's talk eBay Motors. You're looking for a car. What are you looking for?
Speaker 10: It's for my granddaughter and it's a twenty ten Maxima.
Speaker 4: Now why two? Why specifically are you? Oh no, that's what you're looking at right now, I'm talking about in general. What are you looking for?
Speaker 10: Oh, just a car for my granddaughter.
Speaker 4: What is your budget?
Speaker 10: My budget was is actually like up to above three thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You're not, Oh my god, Okay, let me just say something. I don't mean to be a killjoy, but no, no, I'm really serious. I'm really serious. You will not get a car worth I mean, I'm telling you it's going to cost you way more than that in repairs and maintenance. It is an impossibility to get a good running car.
Speaker 10: I've heard you say that before.
Speaker 4: For three I promise you this that for if you buy a car for five thousand or under, double the price and then double it again in the next three to five years, I absolutely be that.
Speaker 10: That is jeebers.
Speaker 4: Yeah. How many miles on this particular car?
Speaker 10: Seventy two thousand or something?
Speaker 4: And how much is it? How much is it?
Speaker 10: It's only one thousand?
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm sorry, no, no, no, yeah, it's seventy two thousand. I'll wait a minute. eBay Motors has a car on there with seventy two thousand miles. What year is it? A twenty ten?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And they want one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And what raised my suspicion even more It said to pay with an Apple IF card.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Okay, okay, Oh, thank you for calling. No, I'm so serious, Thank you so much. You didn't lose your money. Listen, No, no, I didn't. I'm going to let's talk cold hard facts of life. You're not going to find a car for her for three grand Let me ask you this does how old is she?
Speaker 10: She's seventeen.
Speaker 4: Does she have a job.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she has a job and she goes. She's a senior in high school.
Speaker 4: And this is your your niece. I'm sorry, your granddaughter. Okay, listen, the best you could do is put that money down on a car, on a new car, or a nearly new car, or a really good car to credit and have a car payment. Sheila, do you have any disposable income every month? Yeah?
Speaker 10: And I mean I could, I could pay cash for a car. Actually, Okay, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to tell you please don't buy a piece of junk. You know who would really take care of you. I swear he would. I mean, it's such a shortcut just to call Rodney over at JFR Cars. Tell him you're buying a car for your granddaughter. You need to save as much as possible, but you want something dependable and let him try to pick something for you. Okay, Rodney, JFR Cars, Sho's you got that number handy for her? You can give her off there.
Speaker 9: He got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really because that thousand dollars with a gift card. I guarantee you it's a ripoff.
Speaker 10: Absolutely no, I got suspicious.
Speaker 4: Thank you. You know, I'm serious. Have you listened to the show before?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, all the time.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much because you know what that means to me. That means that we've just saved you one thousand I know we did or more in problems and man, okay, thank you. I'm actually grateful that you fought to call us before, because Mark, we usually get these calls when when too late and they made a mistake and they lost money. And my goodness, we have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three ozho three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five one Clear Choice Garage Door. Speaking of cars, if you have a garage twenty four to seven service, you know how important that is. It is important if you have a door that doesn't close and you know, get gains access to your stuff. You need one. Clear Choice Stores dot Com and in fact everything garage doors or door opener or the door itself on their website. All the price is fully disclosed seven two three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven one Clear Choice Stores dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate eight man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, I have now so when Mark talks, I can bring his fat face up on screen, even if he doesn't have a camera there he is right there. Take a look at that. YouTubers, that's great. So you just put up a picture of me? Yeah I did. I haven't seen it, but anyway, yeah, well I put up I put up your picture with a text your name. But what was funny is the back monitor says getting the bad guys, and right at the moment I put it up, it says getting the mark because.
Speaker 5: It blocked the thing in a red light. Anyways, what what did you? You didn't watch the rally last night?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: You were born in New York like I was, weren't you? Well? I think I was out doing stuff all night. I didn't have a chance, but I heard it was outrageously.
Speaker 5: Twenty thousand plus inside full capacity Madison Square Garden on top of that regular Billy Joel and anywhere between twenty and fifty thousand outside. It was remarkable. Man, New Yorkers walking around like a one hundred thousand of them with red hats.
Speaker 4: It's incredible. It's absolutely Let me ask you something. I'm serious now, and I'm serious. I'm asking truly. Do you feel this is a barometer when you see rallies or do you think it's just the diehards? And like, like, I don't know, I haven't been aware. Is Kamala Harris's rallies? Does she get a lot of people? I know she did with Beyonce, but I don't say didn't even sing no no, but that's because of Beyonce. How are her regular rallies? Are they attended boring as hell? But are they attended by as many people? I'm just here a bunch of butter knives but is it the same number of people, do you know? I don't know. No, not even close.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I mean I've never heard of anybody bringing in numbers like he did here in Denver.
Speaker 4: Let's just talk about black rock concert. It was. It was awesome the one we went to.
Speaker 5: But you know that was that I think what you saw, well you didn't see it, but last night was that that that last knockout, that that last blow to the head, that basically just put the nail in her coffin. I mean, it's remarkable. What was time to be in this country? It was that many people turning out in Manhattan? Yeah, yeah, Manhattan. Man In fact, did you see the Mayor Adams came out and actually said that Kamala and all this trash talk about him being hitler and stuff was horrible and it's simply not true. That's Mayor Adams. Wow, well, mayor of New York City actually came out. I said a lot of trouble himself. I mean he's probably, of course, you know why, because he spoke out about all the illegals come into a city. And when you spoke out, the Justice Department started to eyeball them because this Biden administration is the crookedest thing.
Speaker 4: That has ever happened to this country. People get out and vote three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We got a lot happening, So give us a call if you have a problem, question or complain. Let me go back to the phones and uh or I also have, of course people texting me, so let me go to that right here, right now, a lot of people texting. Okay, it says here, please please ask Mark how Obama ruined healthcare? Okay, this is just a text as they heard it, it was like this man, I was paying a lot less and had a lot better coverage than Obamacare came along, and.
Speaker 5: I paid a lot more with worse coverage and had to pay new doctors. Now, I mean, it's pretty strang Whenever.
Speaker 4: People talk about the positives of Obamacare, and you hear this a lot on the mainstream news, or when people when people try to change it, here's what they say. They say, millions of people will lose access to quality medical care if you take away Obamacare or if you change it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: It did expand the one good thing it did, and I do think it wasn't bad our people in low income were able to get Medicaid more readily than they used to be able to, and it was based on income only. I don't but everything else when you had if you didn't get tax credits, and of course tax credits come from all of us, but if you didn't get tax credits, the high deductible plans were basically non insurance anyway. I mean, if you think about.
Speaker 5: It, that's, you know what, I'd somewhat argue that. I think for a twenty year old somebody in good health that wants to basically either save his money or be able to buy his first house, now that he's forced to buy coverage that covers everything in the freaking world, including if you're a male, so you think to hide you have to be able to get an abortion. I mean, it's the craziest thing that Ever, what.
Speaker 4: Are you disagree with? I said that the high deductible plans are really non insurance anyway for these people, because it's as tough for them to come up with six or eight grand as it is a million dollars for some of them.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought you were talking about how Obamacare got rid of plans that were just catastrophic because you couldn't get just hospital coverage.
Speaker 4: More coming up, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up news needed by so you don't have to come running. Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 3: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Here to help you solve problems, answer questions taking place, make your life just a little easier. And you know what's funny is I have a guy that always uh texts me when he hears major March major, and and he my text run about one to ten, ten in favor of well. Mark talks about ten U saying, excuse me, ten in favor and one every now and then against. Is this guy which which side of the coin is he on? Uh? Well, opposite you? So so I said ten in favor of you and one against. All the time, it's not always the same guy, but it's usually a one in ten ratio. So he says, I mean, there's a whole bunch of texts he put, but one was about.
Speaker 1: Is uh.
Speaker 4: He says, Mark is going on and on. This was about this was an earlier text. I'm just gonna prose these. Mark is going on and on about everybody attacking poor Trump. Nobody's attacking anybody else. I agree with you. I don't know what he means by that they are attacking each other. Okay, Now the other one says it sounds like Mark is bitter and upset with celebrities lining up to be to endorse Harris.
Speaker 6: Who care?
Speaker 4: What celect? Who the hell are these people? And then they says sixty minutes never changed. Kalama's answers, that was the conspiracy theory that was proven false. Well, they're full of crap. Whoever that is, I'd love you. I don't know who it is. I just have their their number. But anyway, I almost want Trump to win to see what happens. I'm sure the economy will go to s you know, as you know, and and then see what happens and what you guys have to say. Okay, by the way, let's stop talking about Hunter Biden's laptop. That is not a true story. It did not. Oh no, it's instant. I'm sorry. He says it has nothing to do with his dad. Well, it kind of did, because it said that that was part of it, that contained the emails about his dad being paid part of the money.
Speaker 5: And then it says here even if that was Donner Eric's freaking laptop.
Speaker 4: Now I know, I you know, if you can't see the bias and media honesty, were these weird people text man? Now here's the other one. Meanwhile, Trump literally called Putin, sent him COVID tests and couldn't get them there. But we couldn't. We couldn't get him here, but he made sure his friend Putin had him. You can get that vaccine everywhere.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 4: Let's ask all of that, right, let's all of that right, fake news. So this guy's truly has I mean, he's saying, you know, that was.
Speaker 5: One guy that was all from one day. That's one guy. Well, that one guy. I hope you're listening. Your new nickname is butter Knife because you're not very sharp.
Speaker 4: Now here's another one. USPS does not guarantee service for anything. I think this came from a call last week. Certified mail and registered mail with insurance attached might help. Then one guy says, I'm really surprised that you did not see that I had voted for three Republican candidates. Oh oh oh. This was a guy that sent me his ballot and I said it was and what it looked like. He's he did a straight democrat. I don't know why he sent it to me. This is another guy now and he said, I don't know why you didn't see I voted for three Republican candidates. Was this a cognitive slip? Are you? Are you truly moderate or are you just looking to disprove I have no idea what that guy's talking about. Then one guy sent an image of something, and what does he say? Send videos? This is a guy who says there are drive by shootings at Peoria near an apartment house, even though the media, of course is saying it doesn't happen. Well, we had a Broncos player gets shot a couple of weeks ago. Now, now, of course, you know, Fox interviewed our governor and he said that the apartment houses were not being you know, that was all just rumor.
Speaker 5: And all those videos were probably AI putting together all this.
Speaker 4: He says, it's rumor. Denying new denying news says that nothing is happening according to denying I'm doing. You realize people see through all this crap now.
Speaker 5: In all honesty, man, people aren't as dumb as some people think.
Speaker 4: You know what, I don't actually know that, Mark, I don't know if they do. I think a lot of people want it to be disproved because it feels better when it's not happened.
Speaker 5: People know now, they know how fake the news is, they know how they're well just to set Trump up there.
Speaker 4: By the way, your polls, the surveys of confidence in news media has gone years ago to a high of eighty eight percent down to right now thirty percent.
Speaker 5: Well that's incredible, it's thirty I know people that won't even listen to CNN because they think it's too liberal now.
Speaker 4: And I am not kidding now. One thing. I mean, people can't deny. I don't care who they are. Tell you where people can't deny? For sure? I think we no matter where what political ven you are, you can't deny that the news media, the general news media, the mainstream media, is absolutely positively in favor and biased for the democratic, progressive liberal parties. And they have been and they have been for years. They're kitty with them, they're them, Kitty, What is going on with you? Kitty? What's happened now? They might, by the way, they might think they're on a mission for good. Again, I told you this. I told you that there's nothing worse than politics when people feel they're on a mission for good. I mean, it's all right to be on a mission for good, but to feel that you are doing such good that that anything is justified, that's where it becomes really dangerous. Kitty, what's going on with you?
Speaker 9: I need some help. I am fighting toxic mold. Yes, I'm a dog, and I rented a space underneath a vet clinic for my dog room means salon, okay, And once I started there, I started getting symptoms, and I kept on getting sicker and thicker. And I was in that spot for twelve years.
Speaker 4: And I was going to wait a minute, you've been renting this place for twelve years.
Speaker 9: I did rent it for twelve years. I moved out a year ago.
Speaker 4: And you're telling me that you started feeling these symptoms years ago, Yes, years ago, and so keep going with your story.
Speaker 9: I couldn't find a doctor that would listen to me and take me serious.
Speaker 4: So well, I'm going to I'll tell you. I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why, because the vast majority of mold is not toxic. For one, I'm going to tell you why. I'm not saying that this is true for you. I am saying in the mold business, ninety eight percent of the mold is non toxic. And people have some sensitivities even to non toxic mold. But most mold, even toxic, you have to have constant exposure, which you had, and then you would have symptoms that they look at. And another thing is the symptoms onece sick not always sick. You can get over them when you remove, when you get away from the mold. I mean, it's not something that permanently damages you like asbestos. So keep going. That's probably why you're not getting a doctor to listen to you. What are the symptoms you're talking about?
Speaker 9: Chronic fatigue, nausea, migraine problems, sleeping.
Speaker 4: That's not conducive to mold. Mold is mostly upper respiratory.
Speaker 9: But it started that way with asthma and stuff and bronchitis.
Speaker 4: And then may I ask something in Kitty? When I asked this, people get offended. I promise, I'm not trying to offend you. I promise you. I want to get to during this twelve years, what else was going on in your life?
Speaker 9: Nothing? I was running a business and you were happy. I was happy.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, all right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So I think she was actually tested for toxic mold towards you.
Speaker 4: Well, now that's different. That's different. Who tested you?
Speaker 9: A doctor's office in Loveland testing me?
Speaker 4: What kind of hold on? Hold on? What's the name of the clinic in Loveland, Restore Health Center?
Speaker 9: I think they just changed names.
Speaker 4: But and what do they do up there at that clinic? Are they mds?
Speaker 9: He is an MD and their focus is functional medicine, so they can prescribe medication, but they can also they also do supplements.
Speaker 4: And how did they and I want to know how they how did they do this for you? How did they do it?
Speaker 9: It's a urine test that the it's a separate company. I mean, I don't know the name of the company off off the hend.
Speaker 4: And what did they find?
Speaker 9: They found toxic mold, they found issues with other like I have high levels of arsenic and I think aluminum different.
Speaker 4: And what did they recommend.
Speaker 9: To go through mold detox Oh?
Speaker 4: Really, I thought?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: How much is that going to cost you? And your insurance won't cover it? Right, it won't cover it, of course it won't. And how much do they want for this? Yeah, I'm hearing quack quack, quack quack. I'd like to know. I'd like to know more about the lab. Now, exposure can be detected in urine for micro toxins. Okay, but but here's the deal, Okay, what they look for are chemicals produced by the mold. So okay, However, what I want to know is what did they say needed to be done in order to in order to be detoxified? How much is it going to cost you?
Speaker 9: Well, so they wanted they wanted to put me on a couple of different supplements and I wasn't seeing any help.
Speaker 4: What kind of supplements? By the way, it was a.
Speaker 9: Binder, and I think it was NAC.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to be good for you no matter what. But okay, so what was the binder? Do you know?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you. Did they test you? Did they test you? I just want to ask you a test where you held supplements in your hand and they muscle tested you.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I went to a new doctor because that one.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 4: You know what, you're you're your your your symptoms in search of a diagnosis, and you're going to find more quacks, more quacks than if you went duck hunting. I'm telling you that that you're a being your you're being victimized. I don't care what anyone says. Muscle testing is a scam, and I can and I can prove it.
Speaker 5: They're muscle proved by the FDA, and there's more scams on them than virtually anything out there on what mark on this.
Speaker 4: Plantro micotoxin tests? Right, that's right, these tests. I'm good. So you look that up. I was just looking that up after I found out about the test. And and by the way, the FDA does not say Now, the FDA is not the end all we heard through COVID. Of course, they're not the best in the world. However, I will tell you that that that the symptoms you're having can be anything. Okay, it can also be depression. Okay. That's why I asked, what was going on in your life?
Speaker 11: Do you have to say when these tests were done?
Speaker 9: I had the test done last year, and the new doctor put me on supplements and I did clear it. I did clear it. Then I was exposed to a second round of toxic mold at the apartment that I was living at.
Speaker 4: And so how did you know?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait, how do you know the apartment you were living in had toxic mold?
Speaker 9: I saw it on the walls.
Speaker 4: Okay, how do you know? Hold on, how do you know it was toxic.
Speaker 9: Because I could tell from the symptoms, because.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you can't tell. You can't. You can't tell from the symptoms. You got to test the mold.
Speaker 5: Tom you said something that she just simply didn't listen to. So I want to repeat it. You are looking for a diagnosis for something. People are going to rip you off left and right. Those tests are absolute garbage.
Speaker 4: You know, I feel sorry for you. I know you didn't call by the way to get a lecture. I know you didn't, and I know you're going to go upset. And and that's why. You know, people give us bad ratings because they don't like what we say, and unfortunately for them, they get ripped off. We say things that are truthful. And I am telling you the biggest ripoff in medicine right now is clearing toxic mold from people, because people believe they are infected and they're poison you. How old are you right now, kitty? Forty forty? Have you ever had have you ever had hormone replacement therapy?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay? Good? Good? What do you have? What are you? What are you on right now?
Speaker 9: I am on per gesterone and testosterone?
Speaker 4: Good good, good good? And are they bioidemically identical hormones? And you get blood tests and all that. Yes, that's I'm glad to hear that. Do you also have a pretty good diet?
Speaker 9: I don't, because well, when I do eat, I do eat really well. But right now I have no appetite.
Speaker 4: M kitty, What is the likely hood that you come across. What is the likelihood that you are exposed to killer toxic mold twice in your life and the symptoms persist and you were cleared. I think you have to look deeper. Now listen. I don't care if you tell me to go to hell and never listen to me again. I truly, kitty, I care for you, I really do. I want you not to keep going to these quacks. I want you you know, did you know that the male Clinic they won't do these tests? Neither will M. D Anderson or any of these any kind of really good places don't do any of this toxic mold crap. Now. I'm not saying it's impossible to be infected with toxic mold, but it's like being infected with any bacteria or any problem. You get rid of it, it doesn't stay with you. You're not going to be permanently ill. I have to take a break. If you're on when we come back, that's great. We have some tips, but I wouldn't blame you if you hang up, because I'm not giving you the answers that you want. You want to be sick, You want to find a reason for the way you feel I understand that I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're a trouble shooter. Three oh three seven one three Tom three seven one three eight two five five. All right, So I looked up all of these these mold things around the country. Now this is the controversy, and I really want to be sensitive here because when people have it used to be chronic fatigue syndrome, and they could there was no test for it. There's no test for chronic fatigue syndrome. However, there are plenty of medical doctors that will tell you when you have it and take your money, but insurance never covers it. Chronic fatigue syndrome is in that category of symptoms without a cause, and people want to find a cause, but it always corresponds with an emotional trauma or a depression or something in someone's life along with it. Now, chronic fatigue is way better than what else happens from those incidents, which is a paranoia and almost a chronic depression paranoia where people after something like that happened, start imagining people are in their home spying on them or after them. It's better to go the chronic fatigue route if you have to do any of that. And I'm not making fun of this, I swear to God, I'm not. I have felt chronic fatigue at times when I've been down in my life. I have, and I recognize it for what it is. If you don't recognize things for what it is for what they are, you're going to chase symptoms your entire life. You really will. Now, is there real unless, of course there is a lot of it though people are looking for now. If they see mold, they call it toxic mold. Two percent of mold is toxic, and I mean seriously toxic. Maybe less than two percent it used to be. Now here's the deal. Do you know how many people that lived into their nineties and one hundreds grew up with root sellers that were nothing but mold The houses were filled with moldy basements and floors. Listen, I think we the more we hear in the media about things, the more we latch onto them. Okay, you know they talk about long covid um looking. I'm not gonna do. I'm not gonna go on a rand and try to be some nut, but I'm gonna tell you this. Do you know that they don't find the back to do you know? They don't find the COVID in their bloods after a while, but they call it long covid because the symptoms persist. Now, I wonder if anyone's done a study on the people who have long COVID versus the people that don't. They're weakened anyway, they're run down. Maybe many of them have emotional problems. I don't know. But what I'm saying is they can't blood test for long COVID. The way they tell you you have long COVID is you had COVID and now you still feel crappy, So they call it long covid well, Kitty didn't have COVID, maybe so she had mold. Other people have other things. I'm saying that if you truly want to get better, then look at root causes and don't latch onto one mark. Do you remember the guy that called with he and his wife had the more Gallon's disease under their skin. Of course, no test for more gallanxy, he's no such thing. But they swear to God there are things under their skin, burrowing under their skin, and they're completely convinced of it, and they get so angry with me when I look for alternatives. Am I looking for an alternative to make people sound crazy or depressed? No, I'm not. I swear to God, I'm trying to help them. Kitty sounds exactly like people who have called in with this mold thing, and none of them have. They say, well, we had an upper respiratory. You know, well, okay, people have upper respiratory all the time. Then it goes away, Then they get chronic fatigue, they get other things. Unless you actually tested the mold spores and they were airborne, not just toxic mold. It has to be airborne. It's not going to get into your lungs that make you sick. And if it does get into your lungs and make you sick, you can get rid of it. You don't have to go to a schlock clinic and the block tests and go ahead, knock. If she went to a pulmonologist, Okay, kitty, have you ever gone to a pulmonologist, which is a lung doctor.
Speaker 9: No, I haven't gotten a chance.
Speaker 4: You really need you really need to do you really do?
Speaker 11: How long you've had these symptoms twelve years and you never well, if you've had it for twelve years and you haven't had the time to go to a pulmonologist, you know something isn't isn't right.
Speaker 4: She's only going to doctors who give her I'll tell you what it is. She's going to doctors that are giving him her positive affirmation. They're giving her what her bias. He wants to find something wrong. So she's going to doctors and not listening to the ones who say, don't worry, I don't think it's anything.
Speaker 11: But when when she says I haven't had let me finish, kiddy, When you say you haven't had time to go to promonologists after twelve years, that.
Speaker 4: Statement is just yeah, it's ridiculous. It's ridiculous because that's the very first place you go if you have a lung problem, you go to a lung doctor.
Speaker 9: You can't go to them without getting a referral from doctor.
Speaker 4: Well, why can't that m d UP in Loveland give you way?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait, why can't the shlock md UP and Loveland give you a referral the one that told you you have a toxic mold?
Speaker 9: Because I don't need to. I don't need someone else to confirm it when it's already been confirmed.
Speaker 4: It hasn't been confirmed. How has it been confirmed? Let me ask you this. Do you have one test? Do you have one one test one that shows the environment you were in has toxic mold in the air.
Speaker 9: No, because I haven't paid for the test.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll pay for the test. Hold on, hold on, I'll pay. I'm going to pay for the test. I'm going to send someone to find mold in that you were in a veterinarian's place. Do you think it's still moldy or did he remediate it?
Speaker 9: Oh h no, he didn't alleviate.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, so if I go there, hold on it, If I go there and do mold testing in the air. I'll find toxic mold spores at a dangerous level in the air. Is that right?
Speaker 9: If you do the correct testing this, what's.
Speaker 4: The correct testing the one that finds what you want? What's the correct testing kit.
Speaker 9: No, it's going to be a test. I already talked to the doctor. It's a specific company that tests for it. And you and you put petri dishes out. Yes, run you run the air, you close. I think you leave it all for an hour and then you close you off.
Speaker 4: That's what we're gonna do. That's what we're going to do for you. That's what we're gonna do. We're gonna do a real mold test. We got to get this doctor's we got to get this veterinarians approval.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not going to happen now that you think. No, no, no, we can tell him. We're not trying to go after him. We simply want to know. We just want to know. Here's the other point. Are you in a toxic mold situation right now?
Speaker 6: Kittie?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Good? So are you getting better? Hold on? So? Are you getting better?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: Good? So, by the way, and I'm so sorry, I never asked you this. What can we do for you? What did you call about? Because I want to if there's something simple we can do for you, I want to help you. What do you want?
Speaker 9: I really wanted the test the place to be tested, okay. And if it is have mold in it, then I would like a lawyer to help pay for all the pain and suffering and lost wages. But I because of it.
Speaker 2: Because she's not even in there anymore?
Speaker 4: Are they going to allow someone.
Speaker 1: To come in?
Speaker 4: And can I say something, kitty kitty? Yes, the problem is in the history of old Unless you have a compromise immune system to begin with, you're not going to have a long term illness. So what pain and suffering are you talking about? If you were there for twelve years? Is that the pain and suffering you're talking about.
Speaker 9: From the mold that was making me sick?
Speaker 4: Okay? And when did you move out of there.
Speaker 9: Last November?
Speaker 6: Why didn't you.
Speaker 11: Move out eleven years ago?
Speaker 9: Because I didn't know what was making me sick?
Speaker 4: How did you find out what was making you sick while you were there at the VETS office?
Speaker 9: Well, I knew that there was major water damage every time it would rain, there would be water coming.
Speaker 4: Okay, building, that's something.
Speaker 9: Didn't then?
Speaker 4: How did but how did you find out? How did you find out that it was mold? Hey, we're running super lately, all right, Grey, I got to take a break, Kitty, Kitty, I'm going to be straight with you. If you know, we would like to help. But I don't think you want it. I really think you want it to be mold. You're convinced it's mold, and I don't know what else to do for you. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. So I just got a text that says, ask Mark about the Puerto Rican comments at the Trump rally. Is he proud of Trump for that racist stuff spewed at the Madison Cart Madison Square Garden rally. I didn't hear it, but I don't think it was Trump. I think it was somebody there, and I think they even issued a disclaimer saying they don't believe in that. Yeah, it was a comedian who cares a comedy. Oh it was a comedian. I didn't know that. But what did he say? He said something about trash heap and but did he say anything else about the people? I mean, he said some stuff that had to be bleeped even I thought. But in any case, so the uh, somebody said Rogan's podcast with Trump was the highest ever. Here's another guy, Tom, I disagree with you on buying the car under five grand and not have to and not and not have to put money in it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: What I said was you can't, okay, And then he says, I will say it's extremely hard to find but with a little but to be a little mechanically inclined to know what's good. So now this these are the idiots that encourage people to do stuff like this, Because he happened to buy a car for thirteen hundred bucks and he happened to buy one really good. Okay, what I'm getting at is this, it's highly unlikely. Okay, highly highly highly highly highly highly unlikely. I call that impossible for most people. Okay, I stand by it. Don't do it. I think it's safer to tell people don't do it than to tell people, oh, go ahead, it could happen anyway. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I'm just so tired of people when they think they you know, oh, I did it once, so it must happen now on the so of mold. See I hit, I hit a nerve. People get upset. People get upset because I don't go along with it. Now, coming up, we're gonna be talking about high efficiency and hybrid systems. I want to talk about those. Then I want to talk about uh eight a eight adheating dot com in general, about going into the winter season. But Joanna, I see something real quick here that caught my Hanna Johannah. Yes, okay, because we're gonna need to be ti Johannah, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Basically? I love I lived in the city of Aspen at employee housing that you buy. Yeah, and there's notorious for mold and building defects. There's been lawsuits. The h o A only covered up my mold about five times in sixteen years.
Speaker 4: And now this is employee. You own this place, right, yes? Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it a.
Speaker 10: Condo, it's a condo.
Speaker 4: And is it subsidized or something.
Speaker 12: It's subsidized exactly, okay, as worker housing.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, So what's the problem they's.
Speaker 4: She's saying, they're not addressing the mold issues.
Speaker 12: They're trying to make me sell my home. I actually have something called disseminating idiopathic scalpal hyperosatosis and cancer from the mold. But the disseminating thing is directly from the mold ortysis.
Speaker 4: Now hold on a second, we're trying to look it up. But Joanna, Joanna, I don't want to make fun of your sickness. Now, what kind of cancer do you have?
Speaker 12: It's breast cancer. I have all the pictures. I can't get healthcare. The city of Aspen is paying off doctors not to tell me.
Speaker 4: No, Joanna, this sounds highly so. So your breast cancer, what stage is it?
Speaker 6: It's in stage?
Speaker 4: Like, are you, Joanna, are you staying stage four cancer. Yeah, and you're not doing any treatments whatsoever.
Speaker 12: The thing is, I got to tell you the city of Aspen is covering up why I have cancer.
Speaker 4: Well, it doesn't matter why you have it. Insurance doesn't have to know why you have it to treat you. Do you have insurance?
Speaker 12: I don't, But the doctors are all ling even though they're staying. I'm delusional my medical records. A doctor never told me.
Speaker 4: It's called hold on a sec Joanna, hold on please, I have to take this break and I want to give you more time. I'm serious. Susan, sus, sus could you get me a sandwich? The name of that off the air hers, let's spell it out on the on the caller. Thank you. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Okay, here's I don't want to cut her short, and I truly do want to see I have an idea on how I think we can get to the bottom of this, Johanna. Uh if, Johanna, if you could please hold seriously. I have some questions and want to try to pinpoint a few things, and I'm not going to uh. You know, I don't know if people are out to get you or not, but one thing we surely can do is help you get answers, real answers if you're willing to do it. And I'm even willing to foot some of the bill. I say this because when I hear people suffering, I want to know truly what the situation is so I can rule it out. So hang in, Johanna, please Johanna, and we will get to you. We have Garrett with us from eight eight eight Heating dot Com, who will be talking to shortly about what he's doing this season and some of the things people are running up against. Now, Garrett, real quick here, you're doing a deep clean for forty five bucks. Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, doing a deep clean, all safety checks, pulling, cleaning, and putting it.
Speaker 4: Back together excellently. We're going to talk about that. Plus I do want to talk there's a reason I'm talking about high efficiency systems. I don't think people know there are many tax credits or even rebates from utility companies they can get. We'll talk about that and more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped. You need that so.
Speaker 4: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: Run as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, I.
Speaker 4: Am Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three zero three seven one three top three oh three seven one three eight two five five, And I welcome you here. This hour brought to you by my own company, my very own company, Wave eight Wealth Management. Why did I start a company at seventy one years old. Well, after about six or seven years of doing my own financial investing with people I hired, I looked into the industry. Like years ago, I started a phone company because I didn't like phones the way they were. This is way back before this, you know, well, when sales wedge is getting popular, I started what was called the se Lec. It was a phone company, and when when landlines were still popular and it was a highly successful it was very simple. It's called Liberty Bell back then. Anyway. So I started Wave eight Wealth Management because of a very simple system, very simple. The financial advisement industry is not the way I liked it, Okay. Many registered investment advisors adopt business models where they outsource investment management to larger firms. It's called tamps, turn key asset management programs. They literally take your money and place it with a TAMP and then they split the fee. So they're really not they're really not doing it directly for you. Or with you. So I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying that's what's happening. They don't look at your individual wants, needs of guyers or objections. They group it with other people who are like minded. That's truly how it works. So you have three kinds of investors. Basically, you have the kind like Mark who does everything himself and he takes a lot of time and care to do it. Then you have people like Garrett in the studio with eighty to eight heating, and I think Garrett's one of these guys. They're entrepreneurs who probably invest ninety five percent in themselves in their own business building it up. And uh, you have a lot of those people that I are my sponsors. They're great people. And then you know, most of the money is active investing in their own thing. And then you have people who most people like us, who put their money with financial advisors. And again that's really the three main parts of investing anyway. So the thing about the TAMP program, we don't do it. We do personalize face to face, person to person, constant visual and over and looking over everything and meetings. Okay, that's the way we do it. If you want that. It's invested with Martino dot Com, registered with the Securities Division of Colorado, and it's official. And after doing it for all this time, we decided to offer it to the public. Many offerings, many ETFs, many things, very sensible, not crazy if that's what you want, and you want direct people who, by the way, put their own money in. One percent of my money is in it, or you can call three h three seven seven one help seven seven one four three five seven invest with Martino dot Com. And speaking of Garrett, Garrett, real quick here in that you were talking about a deep clean, I want to ask you something else. Have you been called by solar companies to do high efficiency electric and electric slash gash or hybrid units?
Speaker 13: Well, we've been called by homeowners that have solar to do all of our high efficiency heat pump systems.
Speaker 6: Eira.
Speaker 4: You did they know that if they do this in conjunction with the solar system the same year they put it all together, they can actually get tax credits for the entire total. Did you know that for the entire total?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that I mean, so think about that. That's in essence getting thirty percent tax credit for that heating system.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's a it's a good deal. I mean, I can't, I can't say nothing about it.
Speaker 4: Now, aren't there other utility company rebates those? Sometimes when you do high efficiency?
Speaker 13: There are there are high efficiency when it comes to heat pump systems, now, yes there is.
Speaker 4: So what do you get a rebate of some kind?
Speaker 13: Yep, It just depends on the heat pump system you get, you know, hundreds of dollars to one thousand dollars just over. So just depends on the efficiency and what you're matching it with.
Speaker 4: And what if you found with high efficiency furnaces people can save over the old eighty percents because a lot of people still have those.
Speaker 13: Yeah, some subsystems we put in that we take out, you know, we're talking full systems can be anywhere forty to fifty percent more efficient.
Speaker 4: Stand are you kidding me? Forty to fifty percent more efficient?
Speaker 13: Yeah, depending on the age that we're actually taken out.
Speaker 4: Holy crap. Okay, Brian has a quick question for you and Johanna. I haven't forgotten about you. I truly want to make you some offers here that I think would help you. Brian, go ahead, What is your question?
Speaker 6: Yeah, good morning, good morning. Hey.
Speaker 14: I wanted to let you know that I love eight eight eight. I dealt with Kyle and I got my central AC installed.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for letting us know that.
Speaker 14: Years ago that No, they were awesome. Now I'm in I'm shopping around for a new water heater to be installed. So of course I called eight eight eight first because I knew they did that work. But then when I called, I found out that they're referring everything to twenty four fix it. Now twenty four fix it wants a forty dollars charge just to come out and give me an estimate.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, no, it's the hold on a second, let me explain that to you. It's thirty nine bucks. And what they do is they will give you a complete diagnostic of any problem, no matter how long it takes to find that's plumbing, heating, cooling, electric, en drains, and they credit you the thirty nine if you have the work done. No one comes out to a house free unless it is a second opinion.
Speaker 13: Well, Brian, let me let me just hop in there. Brian, First off, thanks for using us and Kyle. You know he's been with me forever, so I really appreciate that, and I like the kind He's awesome. Yeah, absolutely, he's a you know, he's one of those guys that just always does the right thing. So I'd love to have him with us. But that being said, you know, if you're looking for a water heater, we can get my personal number offline and I will go ahead and get you in contact with the right person to make that happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, that would be awesome.
Speaker 14: I mean, I mean absolutely nobody works for free, but you know, to pay to earn my business. I mean, you guys, didn't you know, I didn't have to do that before.
Speaker 4: So okay, that's wonderful. But I want to ask Garrett on a regular basis if people call for an estimate for a water heater, let me clarify you will go out free of charge. When people call and say, I think I need a water heater, I'd like an estimate.
Speaker 13: We actually took a break from water heaters right now. We are, you know, looking at bringing it back at some time in the future.
Speaker 4: But we well he was calling about a water heater.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's why we're actually have a partnership with several other plumbers at the same time. So if he just gets my number off air, I'll go ahead and hook him up with the right person.
Speaker 5: He's basically saying he's not going to get charged anything.
Speaker 4: No, I understand that. But on a regular business model, Garrett, I'm asking Garrett, as a regular business model, how do you feel about people going out free when the people they're not saying something is broken, they're saying they may want a new one.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a lot of people do free estimates. It's not okay, Ye, It's just a normal thing or industry okay.
Speaker 4: And a lot of people don't. A lot of people do what's called the service called now. I don't know if fix it does it. I mean he said that. I'd like to call it and clarify it with them. But the bottom line is this is that the thirty nine dollars diagnostic fee is if you have a problem and you want someone out to your house, that's thirty nine. So that's what rain when you said forty bucks. Maybe they think you have something wrong with your water heater and they'll come out and give you a you know, for thirty nine bucks. They roll a truck for thirty nine. When they get there, then whatever you have done, they credit you the thirty nine bucks if you say, okay, I'll think about it and never call them back. You paid thirty nine bucks to find the problem.
Speaker 13: You know, we did that. We did that on our service calls for furnaces and everything. In the past, we had a fifty eight dollars eighty eight dollars service fee. We'd get out there and had to do a repair. We weave the service fee.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what I'm saying is it's not unheard of. However, when somebody calls for a replacement furnace or water heater or replacements and they know they want one, usually there is no charge. So I'd like to clarify that if you could Assumese put in a call over there, maybe get one of the people on about it, because I'd like to clarify how they do it. If someone calls and says I think I need a water heater and you were told Brian, it for them to even come out and look and to give you an estimate for a water heater would be thirty nine bus or forty bucks as you're putting it.
Speaker 2: No, I need a water beater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I mean. That's what I mean. You know you need a water heater, and they said to come out and give you an estimate was going to be thirty nine bucks.
Speaker 14: Sure, and with any smart consumer you want to get multiple estimates.
Speaker 6: So no, I get I.
Speaker 4: Get what you're saying. I get what you're saying, and and and so let's just clarify that. Thank you, Brian, appreciate it. And of course you know I I thanks for the kudos for eight eighty heating dot com. That was very we We know Garrett's a great guy and he's been with us for years. So let's keep going here. Okay, Now, Joanna Johanna, I want to summarize this real quick. Johanna has some health problem, serious health problem. She believes it's come from living in Aspen in a condo and subsidized well she owns it and it's worker housing, and she believes it's from exposure to mold where the HUA wouldn't address it. And she said she was diagnosed with Lord that this disease is a very long name, and plus she has cancer. She says, stage four breast cancer. So very quickly, I need to ask a couple of questions Johanna, the stage four breast cancer that was diagnosed by.
Speaker 12: A doctor diagnosed it. What's that no one diagnosed it? I have medical malpractice?
Speaker 4: Okay, no, no, I'm asking. Just just just answer the question. I promise you. I'm not trying to trick you. I'm trying to help you. She's so so. No doctor, no doctor diagnosed you with stage four breast cancer.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 12: I needed a biopsy three years ago and they put me on the table and they said it was too risky.
Speaker 4: So you've never you've never. Okay, I'm going to say, I'm going to ask just one more I'm just going to ask one more time. You were never diagnosed with stage four breast cancer?
Speaker 12: Yes, but I have all the evidence.
Speaker 4: And what evidence is Okay, what evidence do you have that you have stage four breast cancer?
Speaker 12: I have pictures of a cat scan that shows I have cancer everywhere?
Speaker 4: And who told you that cat scan showed cancer everywhere?
Speaker 12: My friend, Jeter My.
Speaker 4: Is your friend a doctor, of course. Okay, so hold on a second. So no one, actually no medical professional has ever diagnosed you with stage four breast cancer. Okay, how about how about that other long disease? My god, how do you say that again? I I doc? How do you say myotysis. Well, it's more than that. But the short name for it is d I s H. Right, that that's just a bit very that's the initials. Who diagnosed you with that disease DOMT.
Speaker 11: It's disseminating idiopathic skeletal skeletal hyperostosis.
Speaker 4: Well, idiopathic, and the symptoms could be that just means she's got What it really says is she's got pain from unknown symptoms from unknown causes.
Speaker 10: I mean, no, I.
Speaker 4: I that's what idiopathic means. That's what idiopathic. Who diagnosed you with that? You gave us a doctor's name because that could help clerk the clerk over at seven eleven, Just wait a second, No, seriously, who what's the doctor's name?
Speaker 12: Doctor Stanley Gerstein? And I can send you emails with everything.
Speaker 4: Is doctor Stanley Gerst is doctor Stanley? Is he a MD?
Speaker 12: Yes, he's an MD?
Speaker 4: And what did he recommend for treatment for this?
Speaker 12: He never told me. It's on my medical records and no one has told me.
Speaker 4: And Joanna Johnna, you complained of joint pain, right, that's what this diagnosis means. It basically means it's more than.
Speaker 12: That it's calcifications of your ligaments and tendons around your spine and it travels everywhere.
Speaker 4: What testing did he do to diagnose that?
Speaker 12: He did the MRI.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, now can if you'd like? Are you still working in Aspen?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 12: I can't work. I haven't been able to work since my clients with Alzheimer's died three years ago.
Speaker 4: Are you on Social Security disability?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 12: I can't even I can't. I'm not I should be on it.
Speaker 4: Well, why aren't you on it?
Speaker 10: Let me tell you?
Speaker 12: When I was getting sicker and sicker, I told the h o A that I was And the next day they had a E. S.
Speaker 4: I S.
Speaker 12: Trucks outside my house and someone was doing something on my roof and I asked her what are they doing? And she said, oh, there's Stalin and Tennis. Well to me, they've been trying to fix the roofing and the site.
Speaker 4: What do you think they're doing, Johanna, what do you think they're doing.
Speaker 12: For covering up it? And let me tell you this is fair?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Hold on a second, Hold on. I hope we're going somewhere with this story. Hold on, I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All Right, people, this is the anatomy of a problem, and we dissect it because I don't want I don't want to leave any stone unturned. Johanna, deputy doc, asked a question, has anyone else in the building gotten sick?
Speaker 12: I know it's just in my house, But if you look at.
Speaker 4: Why why do you but but mold, mold and water and all of that. You said it's a condo, right, it's it's shared housing, right, I mean shared building, right? Yeah, the sighting is all wet, So why do you think only your place got this toxic situation?
Speaker 12: It's not just my place, but I'm the one disseminating. Idiopathic celical hyperositosis is from mold. I got tested positive.
Speaker 4: It actually isn't it actually is not even associated with mold. Idiopathic means cause unknown. Did you know that? Did you know that's what the docals offer tongue? Did you know that the doctor when he put idiopathic in that it means unknown cause.
Speaker 12: Now it's they said, disseminating.
Speaker 4: Idiopathic means un knowing cause.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but if you look it up, it is caused by mold, it can.
Speaker 11: Be, but disseminating just means it's in more than one place.
Speaker 4: That's right, That's right.
Speaker 11: And I have one question when you when you say you have stage four cancer and somebody looked at the MRI, let's say that even if they saw tumors that were spread throughout your body, there's no way from an MRI that you can tell what the initial cause of the cancer was.
Speaker 12: No, I have I don't know it's it's breast cancer. I had a mammogram. Then the thing is at the city of Aspen is covering up the mold problem in my house?
Speaker 4: Why Why?
Speaker 12: Because they know I'm.
Speaker 10: Sick from it.
Speaker 12: And the doctor didn't even tell me I had disseminating ideopathic scoletal hyperossociation.
Speaker 4: Okay, see the reason the reason they're telling you. Have you ever considered that you don't have cancer and you don't have dish disease? Have you ever considered that good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: I have it. I was in a wheelchair.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is like crazy. Listen, Johanna, what were you? Did you need us to refer you to? Who? What did you need?
Speaker 12: I'm see the doctors are our line. I was abducted in my home. I was arrested for something I didn't do to the next or neighbor. And I'm not even in the newspaper. That's the other big issue that what were you?
Speaker 4: What were you arrested for?
Speaker 12: It didn't tell me. I only found that out three months they did they.
Speaker 4: Lock you up for forty eight hours by any chance?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Were you in a rubber room.
Speaker 12: Half a year and a half while I had cancer? And they know I had pictures on my cat scan on my walls.
Speaker 4: How long have you had stage four breast cancer?
Speaker 12: I don't know if I have it in my bones now, I'm trying to send you emails? Can I can I get with a doctor to send them pictures of this stuff?
Speaker 4: So yes, you can, sus give her our email address, Johanna, we'll give you our email three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Okay, the uh listen. I looked up this illness fit da into the next one. This illness is not caused absolutely not caused by mold. In fact, no one knows what causes it. It's generalized pain. Other people have called it chronic fatigue syndrome. Other people have called it uh there. There are also many names for this meaning they don't know what's going on, but people are complete symptoms. She says, now she has cancer in her bones, can't forths and stage cancer in her breast, and she wants to send us some evidence. Okay, and she's not nuts, right, But Mark, hold on, what is it today? I mean, this is the second call.
Speaker 5: Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier. Let's go to the next call, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Drew, Mark meant that in good fun, Drew. Now, for those listening, Drew has called me over the years, and his latest thing is this. It's just the bottom line, he's running out of money. He's seventy eight years old, he's or seventy seven. He's running out of money. He doesn't know what to do. He put a GoFundMe up there. I told him I would tell people about it, but I wanted him to take off that crazy description and let me put one up for him. So I sent him one by email, and I'm going to see if it's up there anyway. Here's the bottom line. He thinks it's going to help him, and I told him I feel bad for him, but I don't think. I don't think it's gonna help. I wanted to help at least put the description up there and make it a better sell than it was before. But the bottom line is it's it's sad because he's running out of money, and his last hope is that he gets he raises twenty grand. But even if he raised twenty grand, that's not going to last him a long time. Now. He did have seventy five dollars raised, and now I see, oh, somebody else added five to it. Did the earlier seventy five go away? Or is that still there?
Speaker 15: Tom?
Speaker 16: The librarian put your lovely profile on thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I see it, and.
Speaker 4: It is way better. It is way better. I think you're foolish to put your address in there, your actual apartment number, the actual street in New Jersey. I don't know why you're doing that.
Speaker 11: Well, Tom, nobody's going to rob him, he has nothing to rob.
Speaker 4: Good point, But why would you put your address up there, Drew?
Speaker 16: Because I don't I've never had a computer. I didn't know for other people like me who might just mail some help.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see, I see all right.
Speaker 16: I know the librarian time ran out.
Speaker 4: Put your What happened to the seventy five dollars that was there?
Speaker 16: I don't know that was going to be my question? How do I? I think I've got to do something else at the GoFundMe site I've got to apply for so they know where to send it to my bankers. So that's what the librarian said, but he didn't have time to continue.
Speaker 4: Listen, I I don't understand. You had seventy five up there, and now you have another five bucks, so that would have been a total of eighty. But the seventy five I don't see there anymore. And here's the thing.
Speaker 16: I have no idea room.
Speaker 4: I hope you take I hope you take my suggestion. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this call. This is not going to get This is not going to solve your problem. Okay, okay, I promise you. You can't depend on gofund me when you're running out of money and you're going to be out by the middle of December or the end of December. You're going to be homeless if you don't do something. You have sociality, you have social security, you have Medicare, you have a pension. You need to find a cheaper place to live, if even only a room. You need to start taking action. Do not wait for GoFundMe to raise twenty grand. You're not going to I don't see it happening.
Speaker 16: Do you know how they can put the money into the goalfundme account. I don't know how to do that. The librarian noticed that there's three people who said they sent donations, two of them you mentioned until library was getting near closing.
Speaker 5: Hey, Drew, are you give him that user name and password to anybody? And I mean anybody? He gave it to me, Oh there you go. No, Seriously, he gave it to me. But I won't lot. You can't log on. The only way you can log on is with a You've probably got to set it up tom so he can. You probably got to help him cash it out. That's the bottom line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I don't want to. I don't want to get involved. I really don't want to get involved. They asked me for a They need to text you confirmation. He didn't have a text number. I don't even know how their librarian is logging on. I have no idea, but I know this. I don't want to be blamed for missing money. I don't want to get involved. I will not get involved. I will not get involved. If you want to know, I don't think Mark should either. Actually, to be honest with you, it's truly, it's truly a problem, okay, And I don't think it's going to help him. And I think he is going to be He's going to be truly troubled and homeless, and I hate to see that after knowing him for thirty years on the air. It's sad. It's sad, Drew, this is not going to help you. You need a cheaper place to live, you need a unit. You just need to make some changes. Even it even if you go to a he.
Speaker 5: Makes enough a month to where if he moved, Drew, if you moved to somewhere you could afford how much do you get a month to everything?
Speaker 4: Pension, social Security? How much too grande? Seventeen hundred?
Speaker 5: Oh right, so Mississippi. I mean you got to move somewhere where you can afford something. You're not going to get anything in Jersey man Or Okay, Well, I don't know what else to tell you.
Speaker 4: Then, Drew, my guy says, here's what he says he has to say for the trial. Do you know what he's talking about? Another hopeless setting me, another hopeless case, Another hopeless case. His own attorney indicated it would take three to five years and probably would not get anything. His own attorney is telling him he has a bad case. Yet he thinks because he was walking down the street and a tailgate of an suv fell on top of his head or was coming down and he walked underneath it, he thinks his entire life will be made whole by this settlement. Drew, I can no longer help you. Today seems to be a day of delusional people. I feel badly, I really do, and I'm not kidding, by the way, I'm not using them as pawns to laugh at. We've had three calls in a row where people are totally delusional and they're calling me for help. I want to help people, I swear to God, but you're But I have to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Drew.
Speaker 4: You're not good that lawsuit. You don't have to stay in Jersey for the lawsuit, and the lawsuit isn't going to pay off. Remind I'm telling it will not pay off, and if it does, it will be such a menial amount it will it will eat up everything You've gone into debt for waiting for it. To wait there for some kind of a lawsuit settlement is crazy. You need to get out of there. I'm going to tell you something. When you call at the end of December and you're homeless and you're living in your car if you even have your car anymore, I can't help you. I am telling you now that the go fund me will not sustain you, and I'm telling you the lawsuit will not come through. Please listen to me, Drew, you are delusional. You need to find another place to live, even if you rent a room somewhere in Jersey, or you go somewhere, as Mark suggested, where you can afford to live. You cannot live like you're living.
Speaker 11: You can not.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Coming up the Troubleshooter Awards at the end of the year. One of them will be the best voicemail ever. We're gonna give you a preview. The next one will be the best contract ever. And then the best business name. Mark doesn't even remember that one, does he the best wait ouch Dental?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: Oops construction, Oh that's right, Oops Construction that's as real as it gets.
Speaker 4: It was literally called Oops Construction now. And the best contract was the Lunic contract, but we'll get into that later.
Speaker 5: And then and then the drunk truck driver that always left beautiful voicemails for first to get.
Speaker 4: I want to get to Lilian first. She needs help, Lillian. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Lilian?
Speaker 4: Is she there? Lillian? I want to help her?
Speaker 5: Okay, she's just not there, damn it. She probably heard how you took care of Drew and hung up.
Speaker 4: Let's go to uh Deputy Bow. Deputy Bow, by the way, who came over to my house late Saturday night. What a nice man? Do you know why he came over to my house?
Speaker 7: I I don't even want to guess to be He used to be in the HVAC business and he had a professional CEO sniffer and a gas sniffer.
Speaker 4: And Garrett wouldn't answer my phone calls, and neither would George over it. Fix it? No, just kidding? What did you smell gas? No, here's what happened. My daughter, you know, stays here. I don't stay here. My daughter stays here. And she called me and said, Dad, the CEO detector was chirping. Oh, I said, do me a favor, hunt, I said, check. Yeah, she changed batter. She goes, it's still chirping. I said, okay, go to my bedroom and I have a portable one in there downstairs, and the master bring that upstairs and put it next to yours. And she did, and I said, now do the test function to make sure that one's working. And then it's that one started beeping saying evacuate and it said four hundred parts familion. Except that was the test saying that that went off after ten seconds. But she didn't know that, so she said, Dad, that one went off too, And I went, ah, crap, So I call up I call up Boh because I knew seriously. I tried calling Garrett and George and they called me. George learn not to answer no no. I just wanted to ask him a question. I didn't want him to come over anyway. So Bo came over with a sniffer and I said, Bo, I think I found something out. I asked my girlfriend why this was happening. I know why. My girlfriend is AI. Go ahead, Mark, Well, we just had one hit its end of life cycle. That's exactly what it was. I didn't realize there's some kind of an element in there, a tiny radioactive element that goes bad. Here's the problem.
Speaker 5: If that one just went out, I promise you the other ones are to come now.
Speaker 4: No, by the way, this is not my smoke. We're not talking smoke detectors.
Speaker 5: We're talking Yeah, I see, I just went through it, yep, coo. Okay, So my COEO detector was what you was that house built? No, no, it was a ten year old detector. Bo already looked at his daughter looked it up.
Speaker 4: He brought his lovely daughter with him, and Grace looked it up and said, this is ten years old. And I went and it supposed that chirps after seven years, and it didn't. It might have been. You can't get rid of it, no matter what you can know for safety, because it doesn't work anymore. Yeah, right, I know. So Bo got me two new ones.
Speaker 11: I came over because I was concerned when you said two of the COEO detectors were going off upstairs and downs. So I genuinely where you thought you had a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did too. And then when just before he got here, I realized that she had not the second one. She was testing when it went off because it wasn't showing any readings. The second one shows active readings. By the way, it's a constant readout. So in any case, this is a good consumer tip. If you have a CEO detector, Now does that happen? That doesn't happen with smoke detectors, does it? Garrett? Do you know or do you know? Bo do smoke ditables? They will chirp yeah, but do they have an end of life? Do they have a lifespan?
Speaker 11: I think so they have an element too, just like a CEO is.
Speaker 5: The one that wouldn't stop on ours. And how I learned all this about I don't even know, even within the last month. Does both And it's all tied to our alarm system, which makes it even crazy.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: But but there is there is something about and don't play it. Don't play it dragon, But that sound Okay, telling him not to do it is like inviting it. But it's the worst sound and I hate do that to him. One day, Yeah, but it was him. Here's what here's the way it is. Though it's a cruel joke. They make it so it sounds like it's coming from every one of them, and.
Speaker 5: It's only can't tell if you're on the main floor. You can't tell if it's downstairs upstairs.
Speaker 4: And then when getting so I have to go to each one and look up at it to see and wait a freaking sixty seconds. You're right, You're right. God, I hate that. Stop and dragon. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denvers best Rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Mark, I'm admiring the picture you put up on me. Listen, come back.
Speaker 5: We are gonna have a special No one out there is gonna believe and it's the real deal.
Speaker 4: You gotta hold tight. We're gonna do.
Speaker 5: It right after I promise it's gonna you gotta stay.
Speaker 4: You just have to stay. Everybody, Hold on go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter, Bill, Your turn, Go ahead, Bill, Welcome to the show. What's happening?
Speaker 6: He speaking of smoke detectors.
Speaker 16: I got one that came with a ten year battery.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's what I replace mine with. By the way, there's no such thing as a smoke detector. It's a smoke detector making in your world a smoke detecta. Okay, So what kind of tenuear battery? Mark? I never heard of those. So the new ones we just that one I was talking about. So it does both.
Speaker 5: It does the coo and then it does the smoke, and for whatever reason, you cannot replace the battery. It looks identical, but they literally like clipped in glue the cover so you can't easily open it to replace the battery. And whatever battery they put in there is good for ten years. Then the unit is junk.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not so bad that these things are, I mean expensive, they're not, and I'd like to buy one, but you can't. You got to find the same footprint as the one in your ceiling. I mean, even if I take the whole thing off.
Speaker 5: No, no, they're easy to basically that part you twist it into, they're all the same. That part might be different, follow what I'm saying, But the bolt pattern on the two that hold that part into the ceiling are pretty much all the same.
Speaker 4: No, No, I know what you mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but what I'm thinking about, though, what I'm thinking about, if you put a whole new one, I get it. Like when I did a thermostat and I switched those digital thermostats. The other one one had a different footprint, so now I have to sand and paint. Yeah, it sucks, but anyway, it's probably worth getting those better ones. So the elements in those must last because the element in the carbon monoxide detector said you needed to change it is a carbon monoxide, is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, two yeah yeah yeah yeah. It said you had to change them every seven years. But in any case, thank you for that. You can't you got a tenure? Yeah, Bill, just just put Bill on hold and put him put him out to pasture right now. Three oh three seven three seven one three eight two five five. Bill, We got you, bro, We got your message. We can hear you, sus We'll talk to you. So listen. I want to ask some advice. Is it better for me to just be honest with people when it comes to not care delusions? No, I'm serious, I know, and I mean should we be honest or should we just say we can't help you. I'm sorry, Maybe you should try such and such. I the reason I feel compelled to be honest with them, and I think it truly. Although you can't necessarily doc, you can back me up on this even though you were in you know, obg y N. You're in the medical profession. You can't truly reason with someone who is mentally ill. I mean you can't.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, that's why they're mentally ill.
Speaker 4: It'sch a definition, but is it? But but what do psychiatrists? What do psychiatrists do?
Speaker 11: I think psychiatrists try to point out the reality of it and get them by I mean, I'm a psychiatrist, but I assume they get them to eventually see the reality of what of what the delusion is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but some people, like the folks in my opinion we talked to today, some of them might need some medication in order to get to that point.
Speaker 11: Absolutely. I think, you know, medication and interventional psychiatry certainly works for these people.
Speaker 5: You dealt with someone in your life that was, you know, that was supposed to be on medication, and when they were, I mean they were a completely different person, wouldn't you agree? My brother Yeah, yeah, I mean completely different. No, you're his Your brothers passed away, right right? And so I mean, okay, I'm just going to say I was saying. When he was on his meds, I mean we just would never get messages. I mean literally, he was normal. You would talk to him and everything was fine, but the second he was off, he would leave. I mean crazy voicemails that were crazy.
Speaker 4: I know it. And there's just nothing. And here's the crazy thing about being crazy. And I hate using the word crazy, but if you have, if you had this bipolar thing, and it seemed that lithium helped him so fricking much, why doesn't he stay on it? Because as they're coming off it, they like that feeling of being like, they feel like they're somebody. I think they feel like they're normal because that's how they are. Mark one time. This is the god's honest, true story, and I won't give his name. He was an intern of mine and I suddenly realized that he was bipolar. And the reason is because of my family's history with my mom and my brother. And when I heard him talking, I thought, this sounds like a manic episode to me. And so his mom told me, yes, he's on lithium. So he started taking medications. And his mother must have told him and he started acting, Okay, we're at channel four and he was an intern of mine. Then he stopped in turning and he was I mean, I hadn't seen him in a few months. I turn on channel nine and they were talking about training camp, the Broncos training camp, and they said a walk on came on. He pulls up in a car no way and gets this no no, and he tells everybody he's going to be a walk on for a quarterback and he's going to replace Elwa. And they interviewed him and they were kind of making fun of him. I don't think they realized that he was mentally ill, but they said, man, you know, uh fans have turned out and even people who aspire to be a Bronco. And they interviewed. He was on he was I think it was it was Channel nine and I saw him and I thought, oh my god, and I called his mom and they had of course they saw it too, but he was up there wanting to be a quarterback for.
Speaker 5: That and they thought he was kind of like doing it in jest, you know. And I'm being serious when I say this Trump derangement syndrome. I've never seen anything like it. I've got relatives man, that I swear, and I'm not kidding at all. He could cure cancer or save their life or their child's life or something and it wouldn't matter is how much they hate him. I have never seen a man so hated for almost zero reason. I heard did you listen to Trump? And the who'd he just do it with Rogan. Did you happen to listen to that?
Speaker 4: No, you know what they brought up.
Speaker 5: Listen to this man right before he ran, in fact, after he came down that escalator in twenty fifteen. Do you realize he was on the view he hugged and kissed with open or op Yeah, with Oprah his way and his.
Speaker 4: Show, his show the was it the intern? That was a hit? Shot woo? But Whoope? Goldberg loved this guy, Joy Bayer loved this guy. They all loved them. But then when he won, it's like the media turned on him or when he became when he became you know, when it became real, No, when it became real that he was actually had a shot at going for president. But it's it's so amazing the derangement that got created. And I do I would love to.
Speaker 5: Have a psychiologist, a psychologist on or a psychiatrist for that matter, and really explain, not just in the case of Trump, but how how can so many people that never met somebody hate somebody that much?
Speaker 4: It's crazy. Now now people speaking of which we have some text to the I'm not going to go through it, and they're saying that that they heard Trump's spewing more hate than anyone, and that he kind of I don't know, I you know, that's the.
Speaker 5: Thing that Madison Square Garden was the official knockout. If you ask me, he knocked that out of the park Man.
Speaker 4: It was just it was great, and it says here, you know, Mark was saying, why do you say you don't want to talk politics when Mark sure does talk about politics? First of all, Mark's a free person can talk about anything he wants. Yeah. And the second thing is, it's not that I don't want to talk about politics. What I mean is this, This is what I mean. I don't like to I'm not Mark might be I'm not trying to convince people who to vote for what, but what to vote for or what kinds of principles? I do talk about issues. Now, Mark does talk about politics, and it goes on to say, does he really think that people put out a pool that Hillary would win by ninety one percent to discourage Trump voters? That's stupid. I mean, did you say something like that, Mark about yeah? So, oh a poll? I'm sorry, he meant a poll. Do you think people put out a poll on that.
Speaker 5: You're getting things he's going to go things mixed up? What did you say the front of the I think it was a New York Post or New York Times front of New York Times November fifth or eighth, two thy sixteen. If you google it, it pops right up. They put Hillary as Oh that I might. Yeah, there's nothing I'm making up here.
Speaker 4: Oh it was a headline. You're absolutely right, I remember that ninety chance to win. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And what I made the comment is a lot of times he'll do stuff like that so the other side doesn't get out and vote. I mean, it's just a dirty trick and everybody knows that. There's what else can I say it is?
Speaker 4: I will say this, The rallies are truly, truly remarkable to me. It's it's almost like are they going out because they love them or are they going out just to see the phenomenon. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean no, there, let me tell you, when you show up to one of those, you're you're in a group of people. The one I went to here in Denver is at least forty thousand, somewhere between thirty and fifty, and people can argue whatever. It had a mile long coming out of the Gay Lord twelve thousand, staging twelve thousand. Inside it was forty to fifty and we all somewhat think alike. Now, some like that or hate it somewhat. Not everybody agrees on everything by anything, but we all are sick and tired of what's going on in the country. More than anything, we're sick and tired of being lied to. I guess that's probably the biggest thing. I mean, how Kamala can sit there and go if he gets into office, he's going to use the Department of Justice to go after his enemies. My god, that's all they've done to him. They literally have done that to him in the last two years. It's amazing. Okay, Now what I want to say is real quick. We had one text here. Oh, I'm trying to find it that.
Speaker 4: Oh they said that Madison Square Garden purposely closed concessions until the speech started. Then they opened them up on purpose to see to show people flowing out of the garden. They were actually going to the concession stand.
Speaker 5: I can only say one thing about that. I have no idea if that's true or not. I haven't even seen that story. But I'll say this, that man that owns Madison Square Garden in New York City offered him a ton of money to move that over towards the river years ago, and he held fast and made the best decision ever. He's a businessman, is what I'm getting to. So if you don't think that guy's selling water and coke when he can, you're crazy. The man likes making money.
Speaker 4: All right, We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Hi, Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter. Tom's got to comment on the show. Go ahead, or comment on something? Go ahead, Tom, what's happening?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yes, I would just like to say, how does Mark feel about the comment the man made Puerto Ricans?
Speaker 4: What man? Tom? Comedian? That comedian?
Speaker 15: Sir, Well, it's comedian, but.
Speaker 4: Trump, who cares? You know what?
Speaker 5: The same way I feel about when I watch Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock or any other comedian when they make fun of all kinds of things.
Speaker 17: Sir, h keep going. I mean, go ahead, sir, he's a comedian.
Speaker 4: There was that.
Speaker 5: Oh well, anyway, I find it funny. Who's Who's probably I don't even know what to say. Who was the guy that they attempted to cancel for making fun of transgender He's probably the biggest comedian on the planet. I mean, I I don't hear any of these people going after Chappelle, But because this guy's at a Trump rally, it's an issue. You freaking your freaking brain
Speaker 6: For me.