Speaker 1: All right, Oh, the voice is gonna be hurting today. Come on, hit it head. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, it's.
Speaker 1: Right okay, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky. This is all I got. This is the whole voice. Hopefully it'll warm up a little bit. It's hurting right now. Good morning, everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Welcome aboard, welcome back from the long weekend, Happy tattooesday. All right, So what's gonna happen today on the Show't no? I mean, I've got it all planned out. I got all the things that we're going to give away. I got all the things that i'd like to talk about. But if the phone starts ringing and it's just a bunch of calls about Friday, then I'm prepared to talk about the Mile of Meat. It was an epic, unbelievable party on Friday night. Chili's putting together a recap page that'll be up under links and guests.
Speaker 3: That's where the voice started to go.
Speaker 1: I took off from.
Speaker 3: Mile of Meat, went down to New Orleans.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: This is all I got today.
Speaker 1: Fifty percent chance of showers highs them around sixty five. Oh, it's rough to listen to Jeff's gonna go for win number two in the fresh out of Madhead, who had challenge Lumineer's tickets in homeroom post Malone tickets. Wait to see this post Malone story we got for you. Hopefully you saw Post Malone singing with Nirvana over the weekend, We've got it for you. I got this crazy ultimate super car driving instinct that I'm gonna talk about at the eight o'clock hour. Our last week of alternative been coming so much more. There's my guy, Alex. You have a good time on Friday. I did.
Speaker 4: My voice was also pretty shot, but I did not go to New Orleans, so I feel like I had a little bit of extra time to recover.
Speaker 3: Oh, I had no time to recover. All right, Well, let's get into it. A lot going on. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, a Delta Airlines flight crashed while landing in Toronto. The plane was coming from Minnesota Saint Paul International Airport and had eighty people on board. During the landing, the plane flipped upside down and caught fire on the runway at Pearson International Airport. This was all I saw news news wise yesterday, Like the upside down plane. I am like like the fact that eighteen people were injured, but luckily.
Speaker 3: There were no fatalities.
Speaker 4: The fact that there was a below one that was that was killed in that that was insane.
Speaker 3: It looked terrifying.
Speaker 4: It looked like it was like a snowy version of loss. When you see the people just running around, there was like ice on the runway. Absolutely terrifying. But it's just another string of issues with flights over the last month.
Speaker 3: I feel like since the beginning of the year.
Speaker 4: A narctic cold front is gonna bring some storms today and possible hard freeze tomorrow night. And temperatures overnight are gonna hover in the fifties today in an increase and moisture is gonna give us some showers, so there's gonna be some thunderstorms throughout the day that are gonna.
Speaker 1: Produce heavy winds and maybe even hail.
Speaker 4: Then Thursday, expect temperatures to be in the upper twenties, which is gonna be the coldest part of this arctic cold snap. The freeze line should sit in Houston and hit there about midnight Thursday. While it's more of a light freeze for the city of Houston, it could.
Speaker 3: Be worse the further north you go. So don't forget to wrap those.
Speaker 4: Plants, pipes, pets, and old people. Yeah, wrap wrap up the old people. They need to be warm.
Speaker 1: Great advice. How many photos do you have on your phone? Rid? Oh, in my okay, I have a lot ten and fifty four.
Speaker 3: Let me just hit.
Speaker 1: Fifty four pictures.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I have twenty seven and seventeen just since. Yeah, so the average person has one hundred ninety eight photos in their phone.
Speaker 3: According to a study, Millennials lead the way. Shout out to me.
Speaker 4: They lead the way in that category, with an average millennial having at least twenty five hundred pictures in their phone.
Speaker 3: I am well past that.
Speaker 4: Family photos are the most popular pictures that people have on their phones, followed by holiday photos, then pictures of scenery, so.
Speaker 3: Like a good view from a mountain.
Speaker 4: They did not say what percentage people had pets, which I feel like would have been way high up there.
Speaker 3: Memes is the majority of mine, and then nudes.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think you have hidden folders for those maybe, but we'll get into that later. But about twenty percent of people claim that they rarely even look back at the photos in their phone. So that's why, Like, nobody cares about your fireworks photos.
Speaker 1: So I guess most people don't care about your photos. I gotta I gotta say this. You posted a photo. Was it this weekend? Your hair all mess that you're laid in bed? Yes, it's you, your kid, your wife, your dog. Yeah, and it was such a great picture that just is on your.
Speaker 3: Personal Yeah it was. It's a great picture.
Speaker 1: Dude. I didn't do six picks, Rulse. That would have been one of my six picks, but it just shows you just due you and your family.
Speaker 4: It was a beautiful best morn The Best moren Goodies Too is officially a go, and Steven Spielberg is even on board. There had been rumors circulating for over a decade, and I feel like every time we heard and we were like, yeah, this's not happened.
Speaker 1: It's not happened.
Speaker 3: It's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: But reboots are big, sequels are big.
Speaker 4: And Steven Spielberg, Christopher Columbus, they're.
Speaker 1: All in on it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: There's no word on casting or when we can expect the movie to be released, but several of the Og Goodies cast members, including our boy Corey Feldman, have expressed interest in returning for the sequel.
Speaker 1: Can't Wait, Fell Dog is Ready to Go.
Speaker 4: Guns N' Roses, Tool, Jason Momoa, and Moore have all joined the lineup for Black Sabbath's reunion concert. Momoa is hosting the event while Raging against the Machines. Tom Morello is acting as musical director. Ozzy Osbourne also confirmed on his He Speaks program that he is not doing a full set with Black Sabbath, but he'll be doing little bits and pieces with them.
Speaker 3: The rockers not performed.
Speaker 4: On a full concert since December thirty first, twenty eighteen. Two months after that concert, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's. The Black Sabbath Reunion show is set for July fifth, and it's just getting more and more epic as todays go on.
Speaker 1: All Right, what he got baseball? Not a ton, but all Astros players are going.
Speaker 4: To report to spring training today in West Palm Beach, Florida, joining the pitchers and catchers that reported last week. They're gonna play their first spring training game on Saturday against the Nationals. Now to America's sport hockey, it is officially our sport because we beat Canada on Saturday. Fam USA did fall to Sweden though, two to one. Last night in the Four Nations tournament. They rested some starters after already advancing to the final after spanking Canada's ass on Saturday night. They're gonna play the Canadians in the final Thursday night.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports. To the fights in that game.
Speaker 1: Three fights, nine seconds.
Speaker 4: We whipped their ass in three of the four fights in the game.
Speaker 3: It was it was everything.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now. You want the first phone call? You know I want you to do the talking instead of me today, so I know I did. If you want the first phone call seven one, three, two and two five nine four five most interactive show on the radio, it really could be.
Speaker 3: If we start getting a lot of calls about Friday.
Speaker 1: Night and all right, here we go ninety four or five the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: That one wasn't that bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, it's this is it? You're working on it. I think it's good. My voice will probably warm up a little bit. It's not gonna get much better than this. Good morning everybody, and welcome back from the long weekend. We had a long weekend. Obviously I didn't sit around and do nothing to get this voice. Friday night Mile of Meat, then off to New Orleans, had some celebrating to do there, obviously did too much celebrating. But now I'm back. I'm back, and I'm going to read an email off the beginning of show, and I know that she's kind of speaking for just about everybody. This is Rachel. Rachel sends this email in today, Brother Rod, good morning. I'm the listener who emailed you last year saying this upcoming Mile of Meat broadcast is my favorite of the entire year.
Speaker 3: I know we got to get through homeroom, but once seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Hits, we want to hear all the dirty details from Friday shenanigans. Respectfully, I don't give two s's about anything else on the show today. Can't wait to catch the podcast later. Rachel sock shoe, sock shoe. So what she's saying is just shut up and talk Mile of Meat.
Speaker 3: Just talk, just recap Mile of Meat now.
Speaker 1: But she said respectful wee can't give us that true true.
Speaker 3: Friday Show was really fun with Teresa in here.
Speaker 1: You were out on the roadside, Chilly was doing everything that he does behind the scenes, and then boy, Friday Night was fun, fun, fun.
Speaker 3: M the Instagram. It's the first time we've ever done this.
Speaker 1: We re released the pictures of the couples. We put it on our Instagram. So that's at rod Ryan's show. Chili's also putting together a blog page. I hope to get some emails. I do have some emails all ready to share, people talking about things that they saw and who was hanging and talking with whom. But I think after seven o'clock, I would love to just open up the phones and talk about all the couples that we tried to get together on Friday Night. But it was a great party, and thank you a Gunner and everybody out there at Cactus Cove. It was really, really, really fun. We we do have to do a few other things, and like even Rachel said, she goes, listen, I know Homeroom is Homeroom. Okay, we got the game hell, but yeah, she knows that Homeroom's gonna run. Though she fifty percent chance of showers today, high of sixty five. You're telling me that it's good. There's this polar vortex again. Canada marked it cold Front Canada. They make it sound yeah, Canada's mad.
Speaker 3: Bringing this cold air down to us. We'm mad that we got him.
Speaker 1: So there's a chance like north of Houston, you know, you guys could get a little freezing temperatures. I don't think we have a hard freeze or anything like that, but it is going to get colder outside. So that's in the news. We're going to be talking about that first phone call. Okay, phones are ringing.
Speaker 6: It's no time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 3: Hey Darren, good morning, Good morning, Hey dude, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Uh, you got the first phone call today. How'd you like to use it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: I just wanted to give a shout out. This show is amazing and it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, dude, Happy birthday dude. Today. What are you?
Speaker 3: You're a hufflepuff. I believe your birthday is on the eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a hufflepuff. Okay, yeah, how old are you, Darren?
Speaker 8: Huh, I'm twenty three.
Speaker 1: I like how you butted us up just for a quick second. I like how you just put a little butter on our bread. Said, Hey, I want to give a shout out to the show. But it's my birthday now, he's a part of the show. What are you doing for your birthday? It's on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Tuesday suck.
Speaker 1: Tuesdays?
Speaker 3: Aren't spect after Aliday?
Speaker 1: Too? Did you go out over the weekend to celebrate or are you saving it today for today?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: We celebrated this weekend with some friends.
Speaker 1: What'd you do?
Speaker 8: We went to San Antonio where they live, and we were hanging out with them.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: See the Alma No, we've seen that before.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen twenty three? How many pictures can you look real quick on your phone right now? How many pictures does a twenty three year old have on their phone? Can you pull up your gallery real quick? Oh?
Speaker 8: I have way too many?
Speaker 3: Is there any way you can take a look at it or not?
Speaker 8: Yeah, give me one second.
Speaker 1: You can put me on speaker, Alex. How many pictures did you have? Twenty seven thousand, four hundred and seventy. What I do is I've cleaned my phone before. Like, I'll take them all off and I'll dump them onto a dry So I have two dred and fifty four, which freaks me out, which means I need to get rid of those. I need not get rid of them, I just need to like dump them onto another drive or something. But yeah, what do we do with all these kicks?
Speaker 3: I have six thousand and just a memes folder.
Speaker 6: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: What you got over there, Darren?
Speaker 8: I've got four thousand and eighty five.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: That's not bad average.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it has drastically increased since I met my wife.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, well listen, bro, Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for getting the started this morning. I got to take a short break. When we come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head Houston's alternative and.
Speaker 6: Tell them at the rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, rod Ryan's show on this tattouesday Chili. He's got a blog page up if you want to take a look at the couples from the mile of Meat. It's also it's been on our Instagram all week and long at Rod Ryan Show. But we got some things we got to do here in home room. We got a fifty percent chance of showers hides them. Around six and five, we're gonna find out what's trending. That Delta plane crash, number one one, number one everywhere, that Delta plane crash. The fact that nobody was killed, which.
Speaker 3: Is eighteen injured, no fatality, which is the best news.
Speaker 1: But you said it looked like a movie set with a plane on a tarmac upside down. It really does. It looks just like something out of a movie. So we're so happy that you know, nobody was hurt in that well, nobody was. No fatalities, we should say there were people that were injured. USA Sweden played yesterday. This hockey tournament is huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the foss. The US did rest some starters ahead of that game. They already had advanced to the final. They knew what the final was going to be like, so I mean they put they put the Stars, the Dallas Stars goalie in as a backup, and that didn't work out because that's what Dallas does. Okay, So they lost to Sweden two one, but they will face Canada in the championship game.
Speaker 3: On Thursday.
Speaker 4: That'll be just as electric as it was on Saturday, I would imagine. Also, Training is White Lotus season three that premiered on Sunday, but apparently he was so good people are still talking about the premiere of it.
Speaker 3: I have not gotten a chance to watch it yet, but I have that on my list. Did you watch the first two seasons?
Speaker 1: Did? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The first two seasons.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 4: It's a weird show, but it's a good show. And I guess Jennifer Coolich must not be on this season.
Speaker 3: No, she can't see how she could.
Speaker 4: Well, they can find a way. But yeah, that's what's training the night before that for five of The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody, this is Jeff.
Speaker 8: You're fresh out of bed. Head to head one day Champion's.
Speaker 4: Been about five.
Speaker 10: Years since I've been on this Philly game, but I think I'm about to make a run.
Speaker 9: Join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two Bitches.
Speaker 3: Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: If you want to play.
Speaker 4: There, Ryan Show ninety four or five, Experience Bencher Into the cosmic Us.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Corn and Freak on a Leash. Good Morning, Rob Ryan's show. Yeah it's me. Sorry, this is the voice. This is all I got today that I'm fifty percent chance of showers hides them around sixty five. Ashley with an Eye seems to be the front runner right now. Seventy eight thousand, three hundred and eighty two pictures on her camera roll? What was yours? I had? Forty seven thousand? She smokes you. Alex is doing a story twenty seven thousand talking about how many pictures your average person has sitting on their phone right now? Just seventy eight, three hundred and eighty two. G's a lot. Speaking of Ashley with an Eye, I don't have her report yet. She's usually pretty on top of it, like she's the number one spy reporter when it comes to mile of meat, like where where are you? Ashley?
Speaker 3: Where's it? Where's all the dirt from? From Friday?
Speaker 1: Nobody walks around in Hawkeyes like Ashley, free conversation like Ashley with a knight, Noddy Hawkeyes and to see what what number two was up to? And what did you see Number eleven justin did you see who he was talking to? She knows that stuff. I haven't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if she plans on sending me a report.
Speaker 1: I would love to see it. It's usually pretty thorough. We have a link up though, and Charlie's got some pictures and some videos. Eli put together an awesome video, Thank you, Eli. So Chili's got a blog page up on the mile of Meat. And then I don't know. I mean, if you guys just want to talk about that after seven o'clock, I'm game.
Speaker 7: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Where's Jeff? Hey? Jeff? Good morning? Hey Jeff, you came out Friday. You gotta win. Nice work, welcome back. Can you make it two wins in a row?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well Robert says that otherwise, Robert, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Hey dude. When was the last time you played with us?
Speaker 9: I think marcha last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, how'd you do?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 1: Was a loss that I have one? Yes, stunk the place up. What you had?
Speaker 3: One win or one Hall of Fame appearance?
Speaker 1: Just one win? Oh, he's got one win. Okay, he's gotta win. He's had the sweet sweet taste of victory before. Once it hits your lips so good. You guys are playing for a rod Ryan Show t shirt today and needs you to shout out your names when you think you know the answer, Jeff and Robert, what we're listening for here in the studio. Nicole is still using her questions. Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, Jeff, Robert, you guys ready ready, good luck? Robert, Okay, good luck.
Speaker 1: Eenie meani miney moe. What body part do you catch a tiger? By? Jeff the toe? Thank you, Eenie meenie miney moe. What body part do you catch a tiger? Buye? Who got that? Jeff? Jeff, My name is Jeff. Okay, here we go. I to grab by the years personally.
Speaker 3: Jeff and Robert. Robert, you were just behind him.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: What does the early bird get?
Speaker 1: Jeff? Robert? Jeff worm for the wind, for the wind.
Speaker 3: He had you, Robert, Yeah, yeah, you got you.
Speaker 1: I can keep turn okay, Goude, you got that one win though, You've got that one taste, get that one beautiful taste of fishery. All right, Robert, you're coming back, all right? Robert, goodbye. I hope they get you.
Speaker 3: Back on thirty days, baby, thirty days. Hey, Jeff, Joe, you want to play tomaow don't hear to me?
Speaker 1: Nice game today, Bay, We don't need your attitude. We have one of ours, The rod Ryan Show on five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan, show our friends, Shine down and Dead Don't Die? Okay, rod Ryan's show. Happy tat Tuesday. Every one fifty percent chance of showers today highs them around six and five ninety percent chance of thunderstorms, and then some.
Speaker 3: Cold weather is coming in after that. Let's go fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Yeah, good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: This is Jeff fresh out of bed Head to Head two day champion.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Two questions to answers. You're welcome Rob join me on Wednesday when.
Speaker 8: I make it win number three bitches.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't even know how I appreciate that, only using.
Speaker 3: Up to questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, what am I gonna have here for you Lumineers. I don't think we got to do that announcement I Jeremy Tod the announcement Lumineers their Automatic World Tour October tenth play in the Woodlands Pavilion tickets want sale this Friday, so we'll have some win them before they go on sale. Tickets for you. But first I brought in some new fun facts for you guys. It's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 4: We make you look smart, your buddies, It's the fuck that's the day.
Speaker 1: This seems hard to believe. According to a twenty twenty three Ellipsis survey, the most played sport in America? What is the most played sport in America? I mean, think about all those kids running around playing soccer and all that stuff. Yeah, it's not it's you're not gonna get it track, Okay, you're not gonna get it. Cornhole is the most played sport in America, ahead of bowling, swimming, and golf. Cornhole. Cornhole? What a pickleball?
Speaker 3: I thought that was the highest growing sport in America, but it's still it's not a top four.
Speaker 1: Red Delicious apples used to be the most common variety of apples in the US, but they became increasingly unpopular because they were bred for looks over taste. I mean, if you're gonna take a picture of a fruit bowl, you want a couple of Red Delicious apples in.
Speaker 3: They're now Gala apples are the most common.
Speaker 1: Gala Galai.
Speaker 3: Who red Delicious is number two.
Speaker 4: You gotta make them delicious if that's in the name, Like, you can't just focus on beauty.
Speaker 1: Well, Granny Smith at three Honey Crisp, but four is my favorite. And then Fuji Apples. There's your top five apples, Top five apples? What are other morning shows doing today? We're giving you top five apples on the you'd ever want more? The used car chain CarMax was created by Circuit City in nineteen ninety one. That's neat. They split it off to a second company in two thousand and two. Obviously, CarMax is still going strong. Do you remember Circuit City? I do.
Speaker 4: I know that you can still list yourself as a manager from Circuit City because there's no way they can check if you ever trying to pad your resume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Circuit City died in two thousand and nine. Rip two, Circuit City. It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 4: We make you look.
Speaker 1: Smart in front of your bodies.
Speaker 9: It's the fuck that.
Speaker 1: To the day.
Speaker 3: From two thousand and two thousand and nine, I was a hell of a manager at a Circuit City. Who were you? Yeah? Okay, which one?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: One of them on the west the West Side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there's no longer there anymore now that the Hooters.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Lumineer's tickets will not be on sale until this Friday. They're playing October tenth at the Woodlands. It's your fun back, all right. How do I want to ask this? I don't think you're going to know the name of the building, but who did they name the building after? Amazon named one of its buildings in Seattle after somebody who? Just who was the person that Amazon named they're building after seven one three, two and two five nine four five. If you don't have the proper name, that's fine. If you just know who the dude was seven one, three, two and two five nine four five. I think that was a pretty cool fun fact.
Speaker 4: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: All right. I think Captain Cash heard my voice, got scared and said, I'm not going in there. I'm not sick, dude, it's just just overused it. Good morning, brother, Good morning. You've been with me Marty gral on New Orleans. You know what happens there. Yeah, all right, so you're gonna just do this over the phone cool. How markets open yesterday? They were not okay, So you gotta go all the way burn Mark to Friday, back to Friday.
Speaker 11: Yes, the markets were mixed that Dad was down one hundred and sixty five points. Kick off this morning of forty four thousand and forty six NASDAK up eighty one points to twenty thousand and twenty six Benchmartinior Treasury. It's trading at a four point five two percent in oil SANSUS seventy one dollars forty seven cents of barrel two.
Speaker 13: The most actives the big studs Navidia, Goldman, Sach Francisco, the big duds, P ANDNG, Travelers and Merk. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on the home builder's confidence.
Speaker 11: For set for February. Right now, futures hey looking pretty good on the upside, and hang on to this will be a pause opening right now on Bostreet exit.
Speaker 1: I'm met here.
Speaker 11: This is Halan Manature director with Ramon James portting for the Right Ryan Show from Raymond James, John saint Fleet and we got that don't forget always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 5: And Amian's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, I, ARNT Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision.
Speaker 6: We'll continue.
Speaker 5: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. His programs are educational and informational services on late Studs of Duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young Finance ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back Ron Ryan's show. Let's do this. It's your fun Okay, I think it's a tough question today. Actually for the fun fact flashback, Paul, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, how are you doing great? I mean I'll be if you If you got the guy's name, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I just want to know, like who he is.
Speaker 3: Amazon named one of its buildings in Seattle after this person.
Speaker 1: Who was this person?
Speaker 8: I don't remember his name, but it was their very first customer bought him book from them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you imagine? So the dude's name was John Wainwright. He bought a computer book in nineteen ninety five. He was a software engineer, so he bought the book. He's like, you're our first customer. This is now the Wainwright Building. That's awesome, dude. You got the very first pair of tickets and I'm gonna give away to see the Lumineers on October tenth. We're gonna have these all week. They go on sale Friday at ten. But you got them. Okay, awesome, Paul, You're awesome man. Thanks for being on the show today.
Speaker 14: Hey, Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio. Getting ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeartRadio The.
Speaker 1: Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four to five The Buzz ninety four or five buzz. Good morning, Ron Ryan Show's Puddle of Mud Blurry Listen.
Speaker 3: I heard the commercial just like you guys did, all right on this radio station.
Speaker 1: Puddle of Mud. Gin Blossoms performing together Kushada Casino in Resort Kinder, Louisiana, Saturday, March eighth. Both bands out there playing I mean, celebration of nineties. It's a pretty cool show. I hope you're up to a great start to your day. You got a fifty percent chance of showers. Here hies up around sixty five. Listen, I got stuff planned, I got things that we could talk about. I have, I have things to give away. I got post Malone tickets. He just announced a world tour. He's taking Jelly Roll out on the road with him. But you got post always has post Malone coming up. As he sang, I do he sang with Nirvana? What makes this so huge?
Speaker 3: No dude has sang with Nirvana.
Speaker 1: When Nirvana went into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, if you remember, they had all chicks going up there and singing with them, and then they just did the same thing recently vile it. Yes, they had the daughter and they seemed to really like that Saint Vincent. This was the first time a dude fronted Nirvana that wasn't Kurt Cobain. And we got this coming up for you. So it's a big, big deal. So fifty percent chance of showers, like I said, high have six and five today, ninety chance of thunderstorms tonight. Sorry about my voice, it's all I got. That's it. We're stuck with it.
Speaker 3: Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning, home run Good morning everyone. A Delta Airlines flight crash while landing in Toronto. The plane was coming from Minnesota Saint Paul International Airport and had eighty people on board. During the landing, the plane flipped upside down and caught fire on the runway at Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Eighteen people were injured in the crash, but luckily there were no fatalities. It looked in the video that I saw you could see people kind of running around after they got off of the plane, but it looked like there was ice on the runway. So I wonder if that like that looks like that must have contributed to it. Because it did land and then it flipped. It wasn't like it landed upside down, But you have.
Speaker 1: Wings, How does it? I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I'm an expert on this at all, but I saw the video is upside down but not just made me think maybe it's the ice that made it happen like that.
Speaker 1: I just don't know how a plane flips. You sut it down the wings keep it from you know, going over rolling over. If I were to design airplane, I would make it flip proof. I'm just gonna go with that. I don't know how I would make it flip proof, but.
Speaker 3: I would all over the internet. It's the number one trending thing.
Speaker 4: Thank god no one died, yes, eighteen eighteen injuries though, Still this does like the fourth fifth plane issue we've had in a month.
Speaker 1: Yes, scammers are at it again, and this time they want you to believe that they are the IRS.
Speaker 4: There are reportedly text messages going around that say recipients need to click a link in a t to receive a fourteen hundred dollars payment from the IRS. The link takes you to a fake site, though, and the scammers use that to get all of your information the IRS you did, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got this text message. If I got asked me to hit any link, and I don't know what that number is.
Speaker 3: It's not happening, so I don't know I get all this stuff.
Speaker 1: I got that text message and then I got an email to my personal email and it was Social Security that they were like, I had to go do something. I'm like, social Security is never going to email you. IRS is never going to text you. I find you.
Speaker 3: The IRS will never text you. So this scam is huge right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the IRS is warning that the only way they contact you is through the postal service and never through texts or emails.
Speaker 1: But yeah, beware.
Speaker 4: Around like tax season, that's when people are, people are or bad people come out.
Speaker 1: Then another news of.
Speaker 4: Measles outbreak in West Texas has escalated to forty eight confirmed cases, marking the state's most severe outbreak in almost thirty years. The majority of the cases where among unvaccinated children and teens. Health officials are concerned that the actual number of cases could be higher and that a lot of infected individuals have just not been tested. The outbreak has now spread it and spread into neighboring areas, including at least three reported cases in New Mexico.
Speaker 3: So make sure you're uh you get that measles vaccine all right.
Speaker 4: Captain America Brave New World did better than expected at the box office this weekend, but Sam Wilson, the new Captain America, only came in at number thirty. In a poll of popular of the most popular Marvel characters, Stan Lee, creator creator of Marvel, was the number one Marvel character, followed by Tony Stark slash iron Man, spider Man aka Peter Parker, and then number four was Steve Rogers version of Captain America.
Speaker 3: That was the Chris Evans version. I was more of a Batman guy, you know that, oh about me?
Speaker 4: But not number people off from number nine on the list was Deadpool. Groot came in at number ten. I felt like that was right, and then a Rocket Raccoon.
Speaker 1: Was number eight.
Speaker 4: That's maybe maybe another one of my favorites outside of Batman. But you can go see this list at the World Finds Trade, Ryan showpaget the buzz dot Com Today in Music News. We already talked about it, but Post Malone joined forces with Dave Grohl, Chris Novas, Elec and Pat Smear for a Nirvana reunion at Saturday Night Lives fiftieth anniversary concert on Friday Night Live.
Speaker 1: Let me play this little intro for you. Yeah, so the Sandman brings him out. Okay, so Adam Sandler, hang on, he's a gentleman post Nirvana.
Speaker 3: So if they're not ready to play now, they are here. They are, they're walking out.
Speaker 1: Nobody knew what post Nirvana meant, right, and then you see Post Malone right now walking on stage with them, and you're like, what are they gonna do? You know, like, what song are they gonna do? What are they gonna do together? So here they are, They're up on stage. Now where was this? This was at Radio City Music Hall after the Saturday Night Live special. This was Friday night then, I think Saturday was the special. This is the first time we have ever heard a dude that was not Kurt Cobain singing with Nirvana. That's the significance of this for them to trust post Malone, right.
Speaker 3: It must be huge fans and this is such a big show to do this for too.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen to Posty during the pandemic, post Malone did that Nirvana covers thing. Yeah, apparently dig Roll was a huge fan of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said that it was awesome and then he was like the post Moon is done with it and post he does have a Nirvana coverage album that's coming out in April.
Speaker 3: For Records Tour Day.
Speaker 1: All right, this video.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: This video is on the music blog page today. What else?
Speaker 4: All Astros players are going to report to spring training today in West Palm Beach, Florida. They're joining the pitchers and catchers they reported there last week. They were going to play their first spring training game on Saturday, when they face the Nationals in Hockey America's sport.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Team USA fell to Sweden two to one last night in the Four Nations tournament. It's okay, though they rested some starters after already advancing to the final with their win over Canada Saturday night. They'll face the Canadians in the final on Thursday. You must be absolutely torn on this one, Rod No, I know your Canadian alliances, but Team USA al right, buddy.
Speaker 1: These are these alliances you speak of don't exist. Rock Flag Eagle, Team USA. Baby, I'm all Team USA.
Speaker 3: Banks going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Thank you. The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Off Spring and a pretty fly for a white guy. Well, welcome to the seven o'clock hour. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you very much. If you're just joining us, Wakey, wakey, hands off the cup Cakey.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of ground to cover today on the show.
Speaker 1: Listen. I brought in a lot of stuff, as I always do. I brought in a lot of stuff, things that I wanted to talk about mentioned. We got some great tickets to give away. If the show kind of goes in a different direction today and maybe we start talking about the mile of meat and what happened on Friday Night, well then I'm okay with that too. I'm always I'm always down for a little pivot. Okay, I will have some post Malone tickets for you if you want to see that post the video post Nirvana is what Adam Sandler called it. And this was all a part of the Saturday Night Live fiftieth anniversary, which I did get to watch a little bit last night when I got back. I always saw clips.
Speaker 3: I have not sat down and watched all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of it was okay, you know, it's all right. It was okay. It was just cool to see. What's weird about the Saturday Night Live thing is the audience. Every single seat is a famous person, like every single seat like it was the hottest ticket in town. You have Ryan Reynolds, and then you have Kevin Coster like right behind him, and then there's Steven Spielberg just sitting in seats.
Speaker 3: Every single person is a celebrity.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 3: I saw they added a bunch of seats for they had to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had to. So the post Malone playing with Nirvana, it's a big deal for me. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It is a huge deal.
Speaker 1: You can go see that video that's on the music blog page today post Malone. Also on the music blog page, he announced world tour taking jelly Roll around the world. Now the post Malone good Lord just so huge. Okay, so this is this is the music that is associated with Valentine's Day here on the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Some call it Val and Tim's Day. They were there, Yeah they were. I saw them for a second. Val and Tim were mile of meat, like six years ago.
Speaker 1: My first year. Okay, that long ago. They're still together. I'm like, Ohl, Tim Bell and Tim's Day. They're there. Perfect man. They're not married already. I think they may have been, didn't get married. I don't know. Pressure I they're not a fessure if they're not. Okay, Number one, thank you everybody that came out. It was a huge party. It was awesome. Chili's made it easy for you. In case we need to kind of go look up a couple. It's on our Instagram. He also has a link up on the rod Ryan Show blog page world famous. But if you go to Instagram at rod Ryan's show, he's got all twenty couples. Six was Mia. I think six was Derek and he didn't come that night. Oh what happened? Yeah, I don't know. I hope he's okay, you know, but okay, he didn't show up. So we had nineteen couples. Yeah, it was fine, it was packed, it was fun. I already heard from Ashley with an eye on the show this morning. She's like, to be honest with Rod, I don't have much of a report.
Speaker 3: Wow, and then she.
Speaker 1: Gives me a report. Okay, okay, here we go. This is just I'm gonna I'm gonna blow through this. I don't have much of a report. I failed you, Rod. I do know Number six did not get along with his chick. That's number six. I don't think number six was there.
Speaker 3: Well that's finally way you can't get along one it get there all right.
Speaker 1: Number ten and his chick were hanging most of the night. That's Nick. Yes, Number eighteen, the Silver Foxes got along, but supposedly it was not going to work out. That was some secondhand information that Ashley got number eleven's chick was really drunk and her dude left. Not sure what happened there. She was friends with Number ten. Number twenty's chick was wearing his shirt towards the end of the night. I like to hear that, Yeah, Number twenty was fun. Those were our two fifty year olds, Keith and Ramiro. That was eighteen and twenty that were out there on the roadside. I know at the end of the night, Freddy number seventeen and Sean number eight were still there, but I didn't see their chicks. Number one Nathan was really cool to hang with him, and Nicole got along, but just his friends. So she doesn't have a report yet has all that, so not much, but here's a bunch. Not much, but here's here's every single third thing that happened in the night. Well okay, and that is a good start. I don't know if I'm here for spy reports. I'm here for things that happened. It's good to get firsthand information rather than I heard from my sister's cousin's friends at number ten, you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: I'd rather kind of hear something that you saw that.
Speaker 1: You heard, Like what am I kidding. I don't care. Who are you kidding? I don't care how you got this information. Uh, the most important thing is to see all the couples. And we had not just because I picked them. We're a good group of guys, like they were all cool. There's always like one guy that's kind of a pain in the ass, but you know, but he listens to the show and you gotta kind of be cool with him. But he's like, oh god, this guy along, he's bitching about his check or whatever. I didn't get any of that. No, not one guy was my day. My dated Ben and me, and my day left me. My day was in the bathroom for five minutes and they left me. Nor did I hear a girl come to me and say that their dude was was being a jerk, Like, I didn't get any of that. And sometimes people will come and seek me out like I'm supposed to do something about it, like, oh, I'm sorry, he's not cool. Really, no kidding, there's a ton of not cool dudes out in right single. I didn't get one of those from the dudes or the chicks. It was a very well behaved group, I thought, yeah, And it was that a Friday, not a lot of just.
Speaker 3: Like in your face drama.
Speaker 4: I don't know if drama went on that we didn't see, like I felt like we were up from the front, we would have seen it.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, links and guests Instagram at rod Ryan Show. Let me take a short break when we come back, paul In. I want to hear stuff. Well, yeah, I want to hear stuff too.
Speaker 3: Want to hear things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we can get some calls, that would be great. I'm sitting on these Post Malone tickets. If you want to go to Road to Houston, I'm going to have those coming up after the break too, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show. All right, welcome back everybody. So good to have you on board to help you off to a great start.
Speaker 3: To your Tattuesday.
Speaker 1: Apologizing about my voice today, it's all I got. That's it.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 1: A rough weekend, I mean, a fun weekend, but you know it took its toll on me doing it all again though, Marty Grog Galveston this weekend. I'll see you down there on Saturday. Got a fifty percent chance of showers is going to turn into a ninety percent chance of some thunderstorms later on today, so it could be just kind of nasty all day.
Speaker 3: Hi today, I'm around sixty five, all right.
Speaker 1: Trending. That airplane, the Delta airplane crash is the number one thing. You just showed me a video of how that plane tipped over.
Speaker 4: Adam mccopps sent it to me on X Shout out to him. But yeah, it looks like it like landed. Maybe one wheel made connection with the ground and I don't know if the ice had any effect on that. But then yeah, flips over, loses a wing, that's how it has wings and still is upside down. Yeah, so when you see the explosion that comes when that happened, like the fact that no one died in it is even more incredible.
Speaker 1: Delta plane crashes Toronto Airport and the number one trending, It's number one thing everywhere.
Speaker 3: Also trending is Pope Francis.
Speaker 4: He is in the hospital with what they are calling a complex respiratory infection. So we hope that the Pope gets better. Okay, and then sn L fifty is trending. They did stuff Friday, Saturday and Sunday and people are continuing to talk about it. I feel like I've just seen the clips of Lil Wayne performing and then the music one and did he do like twenty songs?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't get that far. I feel like there's he did a bunch of songs. I saw Motley, He's not good. I saw Miley Cyrus and let me tell you that Goofball can sing her assaf Yes she can. She can wail okay. And she was up there with the chick from Alabama shakes the guitar player. They did Sinad O'Connor cover Ooh at Saturday Night lives fiftieth.
Speaker 3: That's pretty awesome. That's one of the more famous from his moments in the history of the show.
Speaker 1: Snead O'Connor was banned from that show. She ripped up a picture of the Pope back in the day. They did a cover of Nothing Compares to You, and it was like a full circle moment, like, hey, we know now, we know better now why you did what you did, you know, And it was almost to me it was a bit of an acceptance to say, hey, sorry, we got that one wrong, you know. But she was banned forever from that show and that's what the cover they chose to do. It's really good too, I mean, Miley, Miley. It's four hours.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I didn't have the time. Man, it's crazy. I watched. I watched about an hour of it when I got home last night. Okay, I got some tickets to give away. This is post Malone now post he is all over the music blog page today. Post Malone's going to be here on March eighteenth. He's playing the Rodeo Houston. Tickets in full entertainment lineup. You know they're available at rodeohuston dot com. If you want a pair of passes to the day that post he's playing, I've got Rodeo tickets for you. So looking for caller number ten seven one, three, two, went two five, nine four five, The rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, Papa Roach and Scars, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: On this tattouesday number one link today.
Speaker 1: I heard it was great. I haven't. I haven't been able to get over there just yet. I will, I will, I know, put a lot of time in that. Looking at girls blog page, there's a food blog page. We've talked about the music blog page today. So we're back.
Speaker 3: I mean we're back.
Speaker 1: Everyone wants to see the mile of meat page. Eli Eli put together a great video for us barbar wires stills. He put together an awesome, awesome video of everything that went down on Friday night that will give you the best kind of look at what it was like there. It's packed. Pat right now, he's very friend on right now, on, very very friend on right now. For sure, for sure, let's go give away some tickets. Guys got rained today. It's just kind of nasty looking outside.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Hello, yes, hello, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wait did I make it through? Yeah? You did?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: Your collar ten?
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 15: That's crazy, dude, dude, this is this is gonna be my first concert like ever.
Speaker 1: Okay, time out. What's your name?
Speaker 11: Clinton?
Speaker 1: Okay? Where you from? I'm from the Woodlands. I am now going to.
Speaker 3: Give you tickets to go see Post Malone March eighteen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god at the Rodeo?
Speaker 3: Are you telling me that you have never been to a concert before.
Speaker 15: I've never been to a concert. I wanted to go to Frankie Benjamin when they're with actry. But I couldn't go because I started a new job and is the middle of the week.
Speaker 1: Okay, how old are you and twenty four? Okay, that's still twenty four to have never been to a concert yet.
Speaker 15: No, when when Postmone came to Cynthia Woods, I forget how long ago? It was my roommate, one of the guys with him, she works on the Waterway. She got tickets to his Austin show, and I did. She picked her girlfriend, of course, but yeah, I was like that.
Speaker 1: I was jealous. I can't believe I won. You go to your first concert, dude.
Speaker 9: Thank you guys so much, like every day.
Speaker 1: Dude, this is making my day man, for you to go to your first show and then like it's a rodeo show. It's crazy, man, have a great time.
Speaker 16: My first time going to the rodeo.
Speaker 1: Too, Dude.
Speaker 3: We got the right guy on the phone here for sure.
Speaker 1: Man. I thank you guys so much. Thank you Clinton. That made me really really happy today. Hang on, okay, thanks twenty four. What was your first Alex? What was your first concert? Not mom and Dad dragging you out going somewhere like with your with your buddy.
Speaker 3: I saw wolf Mother yeah and Silver some Pickups. That was your first like with your buddies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Six six. Yeah, it's in high school. Yeah, high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We stayed out too late.
Speaker 1: I got in trouble ninth grade, the Meridian ninth grade, I think was the first time that I had gone to a concert.
Speaker 3: I was like Judas Priest.
Speaker 1: My sister went to My sister went to go see Van Hale in nineteen eighty four. They toured on the nineteen eighty four album and my mom's like, you're not going to that. I was too young. She's like, you're not going to that. So I never got a chance to see the original lineup of Van Hale and my sister did. I hate that. I hate that your head, I hate that for me, Yeah, that I never saw the original og. This guy's twenty four is his first concert. It's gonna be awesome. That is awesome. Appreciate it even more so.
Speaker 3: I mentioned post Malone back in November.
Speaker 1: Post Malone announced this big butt stadium with Jelly Roll and I think Sierra. So they're playing he's playing stadiums. Post Malone is a stadium guy. Now that happened pretty quick. I mean, didn't need you. Toyota Well, he just said he played the Woodlands. Now he's a stadium guy. Now Posty is taking his tour global and the Big Butt World Tour eighteen now international dates starting in Romania in August, and he's going all the way through like September in Portugal, and Jelly Roll is going to be along with him for the ride. I mean, the meteoric rise of jelly Roll still continues to amaze me. And Jelly Roll doesn't need Posty. Jelly Roll can now play Toyota Center. He can now play arenas. But hey, I'm gonna go out with Posty and I'm gonna play stadiums because you gotta understand when the rodeo doesn't count. When a band is playing at the road and it's like, hey, they're a stadium. Most of those bands are not stadium bands. You know, like that's the biggest show they've ever done. Okay, you think Machine Gun Kelly plays stadiums now, but he played the rodeo, you know, a couple of years back.
Speaker 3: Machine Guy did play Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not a stadium, but not stadiums yeah, most most of these bands are not stadium bands. So you can go check that out and all the other music stories at the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: That kid going too his first show.
Speaker 1: Just made my day a rod Ryan Show ninety four or five Buzz Pearl, Jim and better Man, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on. We got fifty percent chance of showers today, ninety chance of thunderstorms tonight. Just kind of a nasty day, cold front coming through. Alex has been talking about that in Houston's headlines, so yeah, it'd be a little bit of a cold front and some of us, maybe north of Houston, might be dipping into some of those frigid again, like freezing temperatures.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: Everyone is kind of right now. The number one link is the mile of Meat link. It's out pacing the Tattooesday, which the Tattooesday is awesome.
Speaker 3: I got a couple of emails on that. It is really, really, really good.
Speaker 1: Chat MC says, I've got this debate going on with my friends to seeing an artist at the Rodeo. Count as a concert or just a performance.
Speaker 4: It counts for you as a concert, but for them, I do not think that it counts as like, like they were not the main attraction. So you can say I saw a post Malone concert at the Rodeo. Yeah, postmone can't be like, yeah, I headlined the Rodeo. Okay, So the artist, it's a performance for them, it's a concert for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And like, are you a stadium band if you opened for led Zeppelin and you didn't play a stadium yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that you're not getting credit for being the stadium band, right, You're not, like you're the Rodeo is.
Speaker 4: The headlining act, even though you do play after the rude. But if you go to a show, you can say, yeah, you went to the concert. I went to a stadium show and saw them. They did not play a stadium show if they were not, Like, I don't know, I feel like you count it.
Speaker 1: They don't count it. Yeah, they do count it as their biggest show. You counted, and they count all those asses and the seats. Trust me, they brag about it. Understandably, they definitely brag about it. All right, Well, we'll have tickets to go see post Malone all week long. If you want to see the video of him playing with Nirvana over the weekend. God, it's so good. It's just cool that it's the first time we've seen a dude singing with Nirvana, and that's Dave Grohl, Chris no Novaseelk and Pat Smuir. Dave's getting loose with the Nirvana stuff. Yeah is, you know, but he's making these appearances. We did say that he was going to be added to the the you know, there was so much Saturday Night Live stuff over the weekend. There's a ton of it out there. Documentaries and yes, I've seen the music one. I've seen the music one.
Speaker 3: That's the one that I said is.
Speaker 1: A must see because because of the first ten minutes, the mix of music.
Speaker 3: I liked when they asked him to hum the S and L theme and everybody did it all differently.
Speaker 1: Nobody can do it. Nobody can do it. You're right, after being for fifty years, you think everybody would know the music right, all right.
Speaker 3: So we've got a lot of stuff for you on links and guests. I came across this.
Speaker 1: This morning. The average couple argues about money fifty eight times a year. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot of that number.
Speaker 1: One third of Americans say it's the most uncomfortable thing to talk about in your relationship is money. It depends on where you're at in the relationship. I mean a husband and wife. You have to discuss these things, right. The biggest variance is what is considered a necessity, Like what are essentials and non essentials? I think a lot of people, myself included. You get those Amazon packages, that's true, and.
Speaker 3: They're rolling in It's like did we need this?
Speaker 1: Did we.
Speaker 3: This cheese shredder in the shape of a Flying V guitar?
Speaker 1: Are you in that bracket?
Speaker 3: There is another big part of it.
Speaker 1: I think, what do you mean? What's that like?
Speaker 4: Certain people can't afford to be getting the flying V guitar. She's greater, But if that's gonna be like, hey, that's gonna strain us on rant.
Speaker 1: No, you can't get that fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Money related arguments a year.
Speaker 1: It's more than one week. Yeah, it's fifty two weeks in a year. You guys are bitching about money that often. Yeah, I don't I feel like I have that at all. I feel like I'm not even five. Ye. Younger couples tend to disagree more often over their finances, millennials having around six arguments a month compared to three for baby boomers. It's weird, you know what, it's it's right now, it's weird to talk about. It's weird to talk about. Money makes people crazy. Okay, whatever works for you. Great. You'll have somebody call in and they'll say, you know what, boom, I just had my check over and direct deposit and then we just both go at it. Couples that squirrel away each money on their own is wild to me. But if you're older and you married, or it's I mean, there's just not one thing that works for everybody.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: It varies, the wild variance in finances and couples. It's all over the place.
Speaker 4: I never, like, we never really merged finances together. But we did put like an account where we call it big money, and that's where it's got. Like, we pay rent out of this, we pay bills with this, right, But then we have our own bank account.
Speaker 1: You have your own credit card.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have a credit card that doesn't have our name on it. I don't need it, I don't. I don't like credit.
Speaker 1: I'm bad.
Speaker 3: I don't trust myself with credit. Oh really, I just pay my debts.
Speaker 1: But so you don't, you don't use a credit card. No, I don't good for you to do it. I didn't know that about it. I just I've seen it.
Speaker 4: Go wrong with so many people. Yeah, I am a bad person, so I don't want that to happen to me. But we have our own bank accounts too, So then it's like if I want to buy, if I want to buy Battle Pass on Fortnite, I can buy the Battle Pass on Fortnite without to have an asked mission because that's my money.
Speaker 3: Where big money is for real purchases.
Speaker 1: Where did the magnet the magnet fishing rig? Where did that money come out of my money? That came out of your own personal thing, right, the guys, I would.
Speaker 4: Never be like, hey, can I spend seventy five dollars on a magnet fishing set?
Speaker 1: Out of our big money?
Speaker 3: To my knowledge, is still in the box. Still in the box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, just mean I haven't had an opportunity water all over the place. I'm busy, all right, guys. When I tell you what We're giving away in the eight o'clock hour a pair of the ultimate supercar driving experiences. You would have guessed can test drive supercars on a real racetrack, no speed limits.
Speaker 3: This is like a dream come true for some of you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you all about it at eight twenty I'm gonna give and we have tickets all week long. It's gonna be the biggest giveaway that we have. People are gonna lose their mind. They've got Ferrari's Porsches, Lambeaus Corvettes. We're gonna give you an opportunity to win this at around eight twenty today, So sit tight. Houston's rocking alternatives The Rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan The Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz bood You Love and Okay ninety four or five The Buzz My Skin I beckon Rod Ryan's Show. Okay, I will open up some phone lines in the eight o'clock hour if you guys want to talk about mile of Meat. I want to hear from some of the contestants. People are waiting to hear how your night went, Where's Luke, Where's Nick? Where's Number eleven? Justin? Where's Michael where's noonze Oh, Romiro, Dalton, Rome, Fernando, where are where are these guys or if you were their dates? I will take I will take some calls in the eight o'clock hour. If you guys want to talk a little bit about how your night went. Chili will be scanning the phones. He'll get you ready to go. If you guys want to talk a little bit next hour, I personally would like to know how things went for you. We got showers today. I mean there's a good chance of showers all throughout the day. It really gets I mean into some thunderstorms later tonight for sure. So just kind of a nasty, skanky day. I told you that I got those amazing Ultimate Supercar Driving experiences where you and a guest can test drive supercars on a real racetrack that's covered more your weight. Around eight twenty, you know, if we start getting into some calls, then we start getting into some calls. But we'll do that right now. Alex has Houston's headlines. Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A Delta Airlines flight crashed while landing in Toronto. The plane is coming from Minnesota Saint Paul International Airport and had eighty people on board. During the landing, the plane flipped upside down and caught fire on the runway at Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Eighteen people were injured in the crash, but luckily there were no fatalities. Actually, just found a Reddit ask me anything from somebody that was on the flight. Oh geez, I can't wait to dive into that after the show today, The.
Speaker 1: Video and stuff. It's so wild, crazy.
Speaker 4: It does not like the fact that no one was killed in it is incredible, but we're glad that everyone on board was alive. An Arctic cold front is going to bring some storms today and a possible hard freeze tomorrow night. The temperatures overnight will hover in the fifties today. An increase in moisture is gonna give us some showers, some thunderstorms Today could also produce heavy winds and even maybe some hail. And then Thursday, expect temperatures to be in the upper twenties, which could be the coldest part of this Arctic cold snap. The freeze line should hit Houston around midnight Thursday. While it's more of a light freeze to the city Houston, it could be worse the further north that you go. So don't forget to wrap those plants, those pipes, those pets, and those.
Speaker 1: Old people for this freeze will be wrap old people. You say they need to be bundled up. You want to just be naked out there in the cold, so.
Speaker 4: You just bring them inside. I don't think they're bundle them up. Okay, excuse me. You can't take two far of a measure, right. How many photos do you have on your phone? I have a billion, and according to a study, the average person has one five hundred and ninety eight photos on their phone's camera roll. Millennials lead the way in that category, with the average millennial having at least twenty five hundred pictures on their phone. Family photos are the most popular pictures that people have on their phone, followed by holiday photos and then pictures of scenery. So you went to see the Teton Mountains and you took a couple of pictures, those would be in the scenic pictures.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: They did not have a percentage of pets, which I feel like would be at least like fifty one percent of most people's phones.
Speaker 1: Kids would be another one.
Speaker 3: I'm in that club. Now just take a picture.
Speaker 1: Oh look at I'm doing this, Who've been doing this? And you have four thousand pictures of just your kid? My marines are my other one, my recents. I have ten two hundred and fifty five photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have just I just have an insane amount of photos. But then I have folders that have thousands of pictures as well, So I don't know. All right, you gotta be able to get to him quickly, But millennials are leading the way. About twenty percent of the people in this study say that they rarely even look back at their photos.
Speaker 3: Give you out time to clean them all out.
Speaker 4: Goonies two is officially a go, and Steven Spielberg is even on board with this one. There'd been rumors circulating for over a decade, but now we finally get the confirmation we've all wanted.
Speaker 3: Chris Columbus is going to be in this one as well. He'll be helping this one.
Speaker 4: There's no word on the casting or what we can expect or when we can expect the movie to release, but several og Goonies cast members have already expressed interest in returning for the sequel. If you've been in if you were in it, why would you not want to be in the sequel. You're gonna make bank.
Speaker 1: Well, Sean Aston was like the main kid, right Data is a big star now yeah he just want to was it a Golden Globe or a Grammy or whatever?
Speaker 3: He won some award, But Data is the biggest star right now out.
Speaker 1: Of all of them. Yeah, he's gonna new series. He's got Drossarn, Josh Brolin's big, he was the big brother fell Dog.
Speaker 4: Corey Feldman is probably all of them, I would say, But I'm excited to see Phil fell Dog back in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Goonies Too is officially happening, and I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. Guns and Roses, Tool, Jason, Momoa.
Speaker 4: And Moore have all joined the lineup for Black Sabbath's reunion concert. Mamoa will be hosting the event while Raging against the Machines. Tom Morello is acting as musical director. Ozzy Osbourne also confirmed on his Ozzie Speaks program that he is not doing a full set.
Speaker 1: With Black Sabbath. They're already backing up the truck. This is supposed to be this big reunion we talked about it. Oh my god, you'll finally do it. Bill Ward, the original drummer, and Ozzie can't stand it. So now he's going, Okay, let's put these tickets on sale. Oh, by the way, I'm only gonna be doing I'm going to give be doing a couple of songs. Here you to them. So I get it, You're getting to see some amazing bands. I think it's odd that Ozzie backpedal on how little he's going to be performing after the tickets on sale. But now it's a Sharon movie.
Speaker 4: If you're still buying tickets, he can be like I told you, yeah, I got I told you a couple of days, a couple of weeks later, he's gont.
Speaker 1: Gonna make his money. He came up with that information after the show was But he also added guns and roses and was like, hey, well I don't care about them. But like he added guns and roses and Jason Momoa and was like, see you get this though, and what about this?
Speaker 3: I'm barely gonna be on stage, but what about this guns and roses?
Speaker 1: I don't know what. I don't know what odds he can do. I don't know if coul do one or two songs, I don't know. I mean, but would you want to see it.
Speaker 4: I was if Ozzie can't perform to what he used to be able to perform, or even something that's like acceptable, do you wanted to see him fumble around like Billy like Billy Ray or what's Billy Ray? Cyrus did a couple of weeks ago. We saw that and he was like, I'm not comparing two of them. But if if Ozzie got out there and just it was an embarrassment, you would get people would get mad. If you have a bunch of other stuff to fall back on, I think that helps. The largest font on that poster is the Black sat Reunion. Well it should be, so a reunion doesn't mean they're just gonna go up there and stand around and looking at each other.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know, because he's also got to do solo Azzi stuff. So I feel like you can see him walk that back and then do Black Sabbath only he might do three Sabbath songs and three Azzi songs. Yeah, then his.
Speaker 3: Days over sixth seems fair. That's the max.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's going through.
Speaker 4: A lot of stuff right now, but yeah, the last full concert that Ozzy performed was December twenty first, twenty eighteen. That was two months before he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Black Sabbath Reunion Show is set for July fifth.
Speaker 3: So you're still calling it the Black Sabbath Reunion show?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, right? But but okay, last week Black Sabbath Another thing? Is it a reunion performance now and not a show?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 4: I would say so, But it's still a show because the performance is during the show, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, let's talk baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Astros players all report to spring training today in West Palm Beach, Florida. They're going to be joining the pictures and catchers that have been there since last week. They're gonna play their first spring training game on Saturday against the Nationals and Hockey America's sport as they call it now. Team USA fell to Sweden two to one last night in the Four Nations Tournament's all right, though they rested some starters after already advancing to the final with their win over Canada Saturday night. They're gonna play Canada in the final on Thursday. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, fire up your Instagram or links and guests, because let me just say Hi real quick. Stephen, good morning, Hey, good morning brother Rod Stephen. Uh, contestant number three in the Mile of Meat? Can you can you give me about four minutes? Can you hold? I'd love to hear how your night went. Absolutely all right.
Speaker 3: That's Stephen number three.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is gonna be good.
Speaker 3: I got Luke number nine.
Speaker 1: Luke, Good morning, Rod, Rod, Rod, good morning. Can you hold for a couple of minutes and we'll come to you and we will hear how number nine went as well on the Mile of Meat? Can you hung in there for me? Loop? All right? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Third?
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate you boys. Okay, I guess we're gonna be busy. In the eight o'clock hour, he comes to the Tea Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Thirty four or five, The Buzz, that system of a down in toxicity.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my boys started to blow out on Friday.
Speaker 1: And then I took a trip over the weekend. I was in New Orleans. I had a birthday party that I had to go to and did some Marty Grond and all that. It's like, oh my god, boys, this is all I got. It's getting better though. But this is actually homeroom. Don't even podcast it. It was so bad, it was so bad. Showers expected today, guys, this particular show. And of course you know, we had a little delay because we had President's Day off yesterday. We still have not done the follow up to the Mile of Meat. Now we got a bunch of pea. I think, Luke, yes, all right, I gotta talk to Luke. I gotta talk to Luke. Mile of Meat, Cactus Cove awesome. I heard from valent Tim Valentim a couple number four from twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: They are married.
Speaker 1: They had so much fun. They came on Friday. They come almost every year because they call it valent Tim's Day. Now they met on the Mile of Meat in twenty sixteen, so she's like, man, I got to meet so many regulars on the show.
Speaker 3: Two eyebrow raising moments. Couple number nine.
Speaker 1: We noticed that he kind of gave up and left her right after the game that they played, and she seemed like she was very sweet. I got Luke on the phone number nine, Good morning, Luke, Good morning Rod, Luke.
Speaker 3: What game did you play?
Speaker 1: It was the toilet paper game. Toilet Paper Game. It was early on, early on, That's one of the easiest games to play, was Sandra Your Date, yees correct, How to Go Bro.
Speaker 16: In regards to the game, it was very interesting. She was a I think that was her third time if I'm not mistaken there at Mile of Meat.
Speaker 3: So I told her, you know, there's no excuses at this point.
Speaker 16: You've got you've got experience on your shoulders.
Speaker 8: If we lose, then we are just not destined to to do this together.
Speaker 1: She's the one that had a bit of a face off on the air for you. Remember we had the two girls up and then the one girl just couldn't answer a question, so then boom, you win.
Speaker 8: Yeah, did you did you leave.
Speaker 1: Right after the game or did she leave right? I mean, what are Valentim seeing here?
Speaker 16: Yeah, so pretty much right after the game, I just kind of kind of left. I think it was very funny to hear the entire way that the decision was made to partner her up with me, because originally Hannah had called in, but she was having those issues with her phone. Yeah, and then you offered her on hold and then they kind of faced off on the air. So it was very funny to see how that played out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we don't have a love connection here at all, you know, not at all. Did you leave the party after your game? You left, you were going on.
Speaker 16: So I actually did a couple of laughs looking for Hannah. I think hearing her voice on the air, her blue eyes, and just kind of hearing her bubbly personality. Immediately, I was like very interested whenever I heard or call in. You know, we're standing on the side of the road and the sneezing cold. I'm the only guy that's wearing just a T shirt standing there for four hours on the side.
Speaker 1: Of the road, shivering to death.
Speaker 16: So to hear somebody with blue eyes and such a bubbly personality and very shy to share what color her vibrator is, this made me very interested in her.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we did you wrong on that one.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, we can thank Teresa.
Speaker 1: Well, actually both of you, both of.
Speaker 8: You are yeah, both.
Speaker 1: All right? Number nine. No connection there, Sorry, Luke, Sorry Luke. She won the face off though, you know, like on the air. I gotta say hi real quick because Keith said he's got to go. Keith, good morning, good mare, Keith.
Speaker 17: Number eighteen on the night, Yes, sir, how y'all doing this morning.
Speaker 1: Dude, doing so great. Listen, my two fifty year olds were down there at the end of the mile of me, Keith and Ramiro and Keith. When your girl came out, you guys looked like you were a couple already. When I saw you two standing there, I thought, have these guys been going out for twenty years already? How did you guys get along? We get along really good that night.
Speaker 17: She's really a very attractive, sweet woman. Yeah, and it just we just we just live two different lifestyles as the only downfall.
Speaker 3: Listen, I meant nothing by it.
Speaker 1: I remember this part of the you guys were slated to do a contest up on stage, and she just said, listen, I don't drink, and I said, okay, I can't. I'm not going to force you to do this. I said, just kind of come out of here. And then I never got you guys in another game. I just couldn't plug somebody in that quickly, So you guys never really got to get up there and play some fun games. But I hope she wasn't mad at that. I wasn't upset. If somebody doesn't drink, that's no problem. Just come on out. You don't have to do this game, you know. But I didn't. But I didn't get you guys back in, and I I kind of wished I could plug it into something else. That's all good.
Speaker 17: I mean, like I said, we just live a little bit different lifestyles. I'm I mean, she doesn't drink, she doesn't go out a whole lot, and.
Speaker 1: She's a great woman.
Speaker 17: She's a great woman. Is just I'm in a pool hall or a bar almost every night, and I go to Muddy Girl, I go to Marty Girl every week in our bike rally. And it's just being around that much alcohol made her a little nervous.
Speaker 11: And I respect that, I really do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, listen, bro, all right, there we go. We struck out on that one too, damn it. Okay, that's two strikeouts. Hey bro, thanks for coming out and being cool though you guys left it out here, for letting me be a part of it. Yeah. So, I mean, you guys just kind of just did you say it? Did you verbalize it that hey this isn't working.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, we did.
Speaker 1: We did the next morning, no kidding that whoa, you guys spent the night together. I don't know.
Speaker 17: Uh, I'll text her that Saturday morning. Okay, she might wanted to go see if she might wanted to go out to get some to eat and just maybe see how things go.
Speaker 9: And then she decided she just I lived too crazy of a life.
Speaker 1: You Keith's a wild man. Thank you, Keith, thank you. Okay, cool? I thought maybe they you know I've been cool. I got fourteen, I got three. I got Fabby who was with fifteen. They all want to talk. We're gonna come back and talk to the We're gonna come back and get you have you can do commercials right now. We want to find out all right, don't go anywhere more. Recap of the Mile of Meat coming up after this break Rock and Al t.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show. We got to get over to some of these phone calls, Alex, if you don't mind. Yeah, I was quick trending first. I got Steven number three, John number fourteen. I got no One here from Fabby number fifteen. She's checking to see how her night was. Uh yeah, it's turning into a Mile of Meat recap show, which trending.
Speaker 4: Well, Mile of Meat is trending a lot of people ahead over to that blog page and Chilis so kindly put.
Speaker 3: Up there where you can scroll through.
Speaker 4: I would recommend going to do that right now because you'll be able to follow along with what we're about to hear. The Delta plane crash continues to trend. Eighteen people were injured but no one was killed in the plane crash from Minnesota that flipped upside down and caught on fire at a Toronto airport. And then Tattooesday is our other trend. This hour, cath and of y'all is submitted to us by La from Spring And if you like tattoos, you're gonna like our Tattoos Day features, So go check that out. The World Finish Road Ryan showpage at the buz dot com. This is training on I ever by the Buzz.
Speaker 1: You want to talk to a couple Number three, buddy, I can't wait. Okay, So there's number one. You can follow along on all of these pictures. Chili's got them up. There was a number six. He's not in there.
Speaker 3: Chilis doesn't think that we've filled every number.
Speaker 1: There was a number six. I have it, but I don't have him in the gallery. Here's number three. This is Stephen Steven. What's up, brother? D Okay, bro, how'd your not go? Man? I had a great time. Yeah.
Speaker 12: The game that we played was the Plunger game.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 12: My date was Megan and we wound up winning bus Fest tickets. And then she told me after the game that that was the weakest part of her game.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's a game that we play. It's the Plunger and the girls have to like use sandpaper and sand the handle of a plunger. I don't think I need to explain too much more. Yeah, but you're you're standing the plunger handle to get the paint off of it. And she said that wasn't even the best part of her game. Yeah, okay, so this this sounds like this is going great. Yeah, listen, we had a great time. She was really funny. But I think what broke it for me was I was her second choice. You found that out, Yeah, she told me, and I heard it on the air. Yeah, she had called for a bunch of dudes. I don't know. She was like, I want seven, nine, fifteen, twenty two. I'm like, there wasn't even a twenty two. I remember, I remember her calling it wanted a bunch of different guys. Yeah, she might have shared. So how do you end the night?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 12: You know we ended it amicably, and then I went home with somebody else nice.
Speaker 1: Somebody else that was in the contest. She was not a contestant her there. You met her there that night though.
Speaker 3: Hell, yeah, you went home with.
Speaker 1: Her, that's correct. I don't know if I could share that much in bo I think you already said it. Yeah, it might have. That's the imagination. You know, what was her name? Jessica? And you just met her that night? Correct? Where was number three? Kick? When you're now working on this other one? Where's number Where's where's your girl? Your date? I mean you guys, you split right like, we're not going to do this? Correct? Okay? So did she stay? She did stay?
Speaker 12: And uh and I got a text her two from her, I think, and I think she's a great glowing endorsement for her.
Speaker 1: It's funny, okay, all that I think? Did she see did she see you mugging down with some other girl? No? No, No, I wasn't like that. Okay at the bar? All right?
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't, Okay, you saved that fall afterwards?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good job. That's Stephen number three, Lady Killer. Yeah. John Mallett number fourteen, Good morning John, Good morning over. Huh, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta see who I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: I'm pulling it up right now as well.
Speaker 1: Hang on.
Speaker 3: I'mber thirteen, number fourteen.
Speaker 1: Tall guy, dude pictures. Dude, you guys looked like a real couple. You guys look like a real couple right out of the gate. I don't know what that means. It's just you guys look very comfortable together. When she came out there there was hugs, there was that. It seemed very natural. Did I read Am I reading that wrong?
Speaker 7: That's right?
Speaker 1: We have a lot in common. Yeah, we're still talking. You are still talking, So tell me how the night do you guys hang out all night at the at the at the bar together. Yeah, about midnight we left and we're still talking.
Speaker 3: That was Friday, now talking.
Speaker 1: Did you see her? Is there anything? Have you seen her?
Speaker 3: Weekend? You had Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Speaker 1: Did you see her again? We have plans tonight. You guys are going on to Oh my god, on a Tuesday, dude, on a Tuesday, You're going out now where do you guys?
Speaker 3: Where do you guys eat to live? What's the locales of you guys?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: He's closer to downtown than I am. Okay, south of there, Bro, I think we did really good on this one. I think we did really good on this one. Bro, this is great. You have to keep us up on what's going on. What are you doing tonight? Hitting up a restaurant, going to eat food? Going to eat food together? Yeah? Mm hmm, okay, bite us to the wedding dude, John, Okay, put a da ding, I'm that one. There we go. Okay, I want to hear from Fabby one here for one of the gals, Faby wash with Rome number fifteen.
Speaker 3: If you're following along at home, Hi, Faby, Hi, how are you? I'm doing great? Listen great you and number fifteen?
Speaker 1: How did it go? We have fun?
Speaker 9: Although there was not a connection.
Speaker 18: It's the age gap.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: Disappointed, ahead, I asked.
Speaker 16: So are you open to dating older?
Speaker 15: At that point, I'm not looking for anything serious, so I admitted the quiestion.
Speaker 3: Okay, So he skirted the question how old are you?
Speaker 1: How old is he?
Speaker 8: I'm forty one and seven?
Speaker 1: He's how old? You're breaking up a little bit.
Speaker 9: I'm forty one and he's seven twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, so when when is it?
Speaker 3: When does the age When does this discussion happen?
Speaker 1: Like right after you meet, right before the game, before the game? What game?
Speaker 3: Did you guys play the game?
Speaker 9: We were both excited about being there, so just find out something out of our comfort.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, when you saw that the age gap thing was it was a problem for him, did you start looking around at some of the other cutlets and meat? I mean, were you looking around a little bit? There was a lot of single people there.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 15: I was just enjoying the moment, so no, I was not sick around.
Speaker 8: Eventually after the game we called balk.
Speaker 6: Me to my car.
Speaker 1: He does it?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thank you, Faby. You were awesome.
Speaker 1: Scene fifteen ft up? Yeah, fifteen I'm telling you right now, Rome, you ft that one up, dropped the ball on that in pal? Are you kidding me? Faby? You're saying no, think are you guys looking at the same fifteen that I'm looking at?
Speaker 3: I would not have cared about an age gap?
Speaker 6: No, me, me neither.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, we can get to more of these calls.
Speaker 1: But I have to do this giveaway because I want to, because I want so.
Speaker 3: If you're on hold, hang in there. Can I tell you what I'm giving away all week?
Speaker 1: Please? A pair of the ultimate supercar driving experiences. You want a guest caller number ten. You want a guest can test drive supercars on a real racetrack with no speed limits. Extreme Experience is bringing their fleet of world class supercars to MSR Houston February twenty seven through March second. They've got Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Corvettes, the Nissan GTR Premium and more. Extreme Experience dot com to see the full lineup of cars. Reserve your time, purchase a package as a gift for anyone that enjoys cars and speed. I have an opportunity for you and a guest to get in the car had no speed limit. I know this is a huge giveaway. I'm looking for caller number ten right now. Chile seven one three, two, win two five nine four five, and then we'll go back and take some more mile of meat calls.
Speaker 6: After this, you're listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Bus subline would stick figure and feel like that Rod Ryan's show. I got a lot of phone lines ring in here. I got a lot of phone lines ring in here. Both things that are happening simultaneously. A lot of people calling in talking about the mile of meat party, a lot of people following it.
Speaker 3: Now that link is going through the roof.
Speaker 1: Everyone's kind of just clicking, clicking, clicking through the gallery of pictures.
Speaker 3: I don't know where number six is.
Speaker 1: He was there.
Speaker 3: I just showed Alex, so we got to track him down. Where are you number six?
Speaker 1: And that I do want to hear the couple that I thought was getting along the best. I was just reminded Number five. Couple, Number five, they were getting along. She was so cool. She got there early. I was talking to her beforehand. She was nervous, she was having a couple of drinks. Number five. They were getting along great. So hopefully I'd like to hear from them. But right now, I got this awesome giveaway. You can go over to the phones here for the giveaway, and then we'll talk to some more people from Friday night.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, Hi, who's this Hey? This is Adam, Adam. I don't know how you got through on the phones. But I have one of the coolest giveaways that we've done in a long, long time. You have just scored yourself a pair of the Ultimate Supercar Driving Experience, where you and a guest can test drive supercars on a real racetrack with no speed limits.
Speaker 1: Dude, you and a guest. Oh my gosh, that's so awesome. Thank you. I mean, I don't even think you have to be like a car head, Like I would never consider myself a car head.
Speaker 3: But who does the want to get in a car and just a gearheaded car?
Speaker 1: Heead a motorhead. I don't care. Dude. Just that little skinny pedal on the right, just put it down to the floor and go Holy cow.
Speaker 7: So that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is cool. Extreme Experience they're bringing their fleet of world class supercars to MSR Houston from February twenty seventh through March second.
Speaker 3: Extreme Experience dot com is where everyone else needs to go. Adam, have the best time.
Speaker 1: Please take some pictures and man, if you could share some video, they'd be huge. Yeah, awesome, Thank you so much. Okay, thank you, Adam. Hang on the phone, because we're navigating these these phone lines. Let's go, let's do it. I talk more mile to me. Okay, you can follow along. Okay, now this can be interesting. Can I say hi to Nick? Please? Nick was number ten. He was a big, tall dude.
Speaker 10: Nick.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning dude. You had everybody calling for you in the morning. Geez, I'm like, what's that like? What is that like?
Speaker 11: Dude?
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted you. It feels good. How Hayley was your date? Yep? How did it go? Great? It was great, She's awesome. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: Well, hang on, just like the previous caller.
Speaker 7: Uh, we were in the uh.
Speaker 1: Plunge your game? Yeah?
Speaker 6: He also said that was her week game.
Speaker 1: Well, uh, Hailey's on the phone. Haley. Did you just hear Nick call you awesome?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 1: I did? Hang on a second? Did you guys coordinate this caller? You both just randomly calling.
Speaker 16: Who we were texting this morning?
Speaker 1: Okay, you were texting this morning, Haley. Let me ask you the same question. How do you think it went on Friday night with your band Nick? He was like one of the most covenant pieces of meat out there, absolutely zero complaints, zero complaints. Do you guys hung out all night? Together.
Speaker 10: He did.
Speaker 1: Yes, When do you get to a point where you know that you're gonna let me ask Haley specifically, at what point of the night do you say we're gonna exchange numbers here?
Speaker 3: Like there's gonna be something here.
Speaker 1: I can't answer, change numbers the next morning? Wait a minute, Wait a minute, So you didn't You didn't need to exchange numbers because you were still in each other's company.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: You got to see the smile on Alex's face right now, Nick, you won't make out master you you asked her to come over? You asked her to come over, or Haley, you asked him to come over.
Speaker 8: We were back to my place?
Speaker 1: Yeah you did? Yeah?
Speaker 10: What it was night?
Speaker 1: It sounds like it. It sure sounds like it. That was Friday.
Speaker 3: It's spilled over to Saturday morning. Great job.
Speaker 1: Kids. Have you seen each other since?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 1: Is okay? Nick? Would you like to see Haley again?
Speaker 3: No question?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we'll see each other in Uh, just a little busy right now and we'll see it week.
Speaker 1: Oh okay?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Am I worried about this?
Speaker 19: Hailey?
Speaker 1: The old I'm a little busy right now.
Speaker 8: I'm not worried he's going out of town.
Speaker 9: I'm going out of town this weekend.
Speaker 1: Look at them just working around whatever they gotta work around.
Speaker 10: Love it.
Speaker 1: We're talking a couple. Number ten.
Speaker 3: You guys looked great together. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I felt that was one of the times when you walked on stage, Haley, I'm like, oh my god, we're actually pretty good at this, Like we're pretty good at this. You guys really kind of look like you got along right out of the gate with one another.
Speaker 9: Well, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You guys are awesome. That's number ten, everybody, we got that one right, Thanks Haley, Nick, great job. This is what you're looking at online right now. So we can take some more calls. I've got some other giveaways to kind of weave in and out of here. But we should go. We should we should take a break. Yeah, we should take a break.
Speaker 3: But I would rather not take your break.
Speaker 1: And we have to. I just want to hear more. I got Ramiro number twenty, all right, I got Ramiro, And let's just not even do news. I'm just gonna say that Ramiro's date may have left with another number, and even somebody that we may have already talked to. This is good this is getting good.
Speaker 5: Stay with us Rock and Alternative The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz before or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Well, thank you so much for having us on. I've got time to take some more calls. In the nine o'clock hour. Alex is like, get that guy back on now, we're cooking dude, all right, Well, yeah, we just kind of got things rolling here, a lot of calls coming in. Number twenty. Romiro is going to talk to us at nine oh five. I've already like a set a time for him. Yeah, his gal may have gone with someone else that was in the contest. I don't know. I don't know yet. She's scorn. I cannot wait for all these details. Nine to five, we'll talk to number twenty. We're talking about the mile of meat. And you can go and follow along with all the pictures. I mean. The most important thing is like when number nine or number ten is calling, you're like, okay, well let me see number ten. You can go do that easily. You can scroll through the Instagram and Chilly has it up on a blog page now on links and guests, So listen. Chance of showers today it's gonna be heavier like later tonight. Thunderstorms HI today of around sixty five Alex one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A Delta Airlines flight crashed while landing in Toronto. The plane was coming from Minnesota Saint Paul International Airport and had eighty people on board of it. During the landing, the plane flipped upside down and caught fire on the runway at Pearson International Airport in Toronto.
Speaker 1: Eighteen people were injured.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing that three of those injuries were critical, but no fatalities in that entire thing.
Speaker 13: Rod.
Speaker 1: I watched the landing where you see it.
Speaker 4: It looks like it kind of land sideways, takes out, a wing flips over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how good a plane tip over if there's wings there to stabilize it. It's like that wing snap like a piece of out. That wing snap like a piece of sealery. And then it rolled over on its Yeah. I mean, it's the number one trending thing. It's our number one story today. Yeah. I know, some people are injured, but no one died.
Speaker 3: Very very lucky that there were no fatalities in that one.
Speaker 4: The scammers are at it again, and this time they want you to believe that they are with the IRS. Nobody really likes the IRS anyways, so we're like, no wonder, We're gon just hate the scammers anyways. There are reportedly text messages going around that say recipients need to click a link text or a click a link in the text to receive fourteen hundred dollars as a payment from the IRS. That link will then take you to a fake site though, where they get all of.
Speaker 1: Your information and to use. However, they feel like, send to me in a text message. IRS just don't. I know they don't text message. I know they don't.
Speaker 3: They will send you a letter and a letter only. They don't call, they don't text.
Speaker 4: I feel like every year the IRS is like, look, we don't contact you via email or text.
Speaker 1: It's all via the postal service.
Speaker 4: But then every year people are like, well obvious, like this time it's new, it's technology, Like it makes sense. So just if you get anything from the IRS it is not through the mail, don't do.
Speaker 3: Anything with it, Okay, just just ignore it.
Speaker 1: I got an email it was about social security too, and I know they don't send out emails.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they definitely don't Amusa's outbreak in West Texas has escalated to forty eight confirmed cases, making this the state's most severe outbreak in almost thirty years. The majority of these cases are among unvaccinated children and teens. Health officials are concerned that the actual number of cases could be much higher and that a lot of the infected individuals have just not been tested. The outbreak has now spread into neighboring areas, including at least three reported cases in New Mexico, So be careful out there and other news. Captain America Brave New World did better than expected at the box office this weekend, but Sam Wilson, the new Captain America only came in at number thirty. In a poll down by ranker dot com for the most popular Marvel character. Stan Lee, the creator of Marvel, was number one on that list, followed by Ironman slash Tony Stark. Then Spider Man and Peter Parker were number three. The Steve Rogers version of Captain America, played by Chris Evans, he was number four in the list. Deadpool came in at nine, and wrapping up the top ten was Groot. I feel like should have been much higher on that because he's a.
Speaker 3: Treat so obviously no he can speak with any knowledge on this.
Speaker 1: Batman robbed Uh. The link is up on links and guests, you can see it. It's a ranker, so it's constantly changing lead until you can affect.
Speaker 4: It's like Post Malone joined forces with Dave Roll, Chris Novacealk Pat Smeir for a Nirvana reunion on Saturday Night Lives fiftieth anniversary concert. On Friday night, Adam Sandler introduced the group at Radio City Music Hall, calling them post Nirvana.
Speaker 1: I but you have that, Yeah, I'm gonna play that here. You just said, gentleman, post Nirvana.
Speaker 3: Oh right, this is the clip with them walking out. So when was this was Friday night?
Speaker 1: Friday?
Speaker 4: Then they did it, think Saturday and Sunday. But Nirvana played Post nirvanah the music when it was Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Post Malone being the first dude to sing with the guys that are the living members of Nirvana. This is the first time we've seen it. Every time when they went into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and when we saw Vincent and we saw it for the fire Fest. Yes laa fire aid. They've never had a dude sing for Nirvana when they've gotten back together. So post Malone doing that Nirvana set during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: Dave Roll was a big fan, so they obviously trust him and our boy Dave.
Speaker 1: Girl's getting out there. Yeah, he's getting out there again.
Speaker 4: I mean post He's done a lot of Nirvana covers over the years. I feel like, so if you had to go with a guy to sing it, this would make sense because he's very well versed in all of that.
Speaker 1: It's a one off thing. We said, post Malone's got a stadium tour. Let's take a listen, friends, No, I mean, post Blone doesn't have like the greatest voice in the world, but but he can hit some notes. Kirkle Ban, Yeah, he said a different style. He's got to be. Post Malone had a lot happened to in his life, A lot happened to him. This has got to be a highlight. This is gonna be a top highlight for him being such a huge fan playing for Nirvana. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh so post He's always been in Nirvana fanily. We said, he's even got a Nirvana covers album that comes out this April.
Speaker 3: For Record Storage. That's Awesome, those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, let's pivot to sports.
Speaker 4: All Astros players are going to report to spring training today in West Palm Beach, Florida, joining the pitchers and catchers that reported last week. They're going to play their first spring train game on Saturday against the Washington Nationals.
Speaker 1: Now to America's Sports.
Speaker 4: Aka hockey team usafel to swedeen two to one last night in the Four Nations tournament. That's okay because they rested some starters after already advancing to the final with their win over the Canadians on Saturday night. They'll take on those same Canadians in the final on Thursday, where we're gonna whip their asses again.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, that is what's going on in sports. Okay, some more Mile of Meat calls. Let's go. We can do. I'll fetch you in. I'll fetch you in. I gotta do alternative income. I'm gonna leave you with a great prize on the show. I got Jerry Cantrell tickets. But yeah, we can do Mile of Meat recap. I carved out all kinds of time for you guys. We're gonna check in with number twenty in five minutes from now. How did he go? How did he go? For Ramiro?
Speaker 3: I heard not good?
Speaker 1: I heard not good.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to Buzz Rocky and very soon The rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: To a okay, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. Apologizing about the sound of my voice. Believe me, if you heard it in homeroom, it was way worse. It started to come around just a little bit right now, but it started Friday night to like tank and then just said to do any favors to it all weekend long being in New Orleans. So this is what we're stuck with. Stuck with got a chance at alternative income, a chance at one thousand dollars is coming up. But I was able to keep Ramiro around. And what we're doing today a little bit is we are recapping some of the things that went down. Let me put him on, let me do this. Okay, So we're talking to a few couples here. Anybody that wants to call in and talk about how their Friday night went. Our Friday night went great. You guys showed up, you guys came to party. It's dangerous at being on a Friday. I don't know how many of those you were involved in? A lot, okay, a lot.
Speaker 3: Feeling it On Saturday, I started buying Graandmartnier shots and it was all over.
Speaker 1: Hey he had three Grandma shots. Maybe maybe I wasn't counting you were I remember you. I don't know Ramiro number twenty all right, okay, I had my two fifty year olds down there at the end there.
Speaker 3: We already checked him with Keith. Keith and his gal did not have a connection.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't. I should have given Keith crap about his picture with his gal hit like his hand on her tummy. I don't know. It was quick like here's your meeting, Like I don't know. I'm pulling up Ramiro right now. He's on the phone, Rameiro, good morning, Hey, good morning, Hey dude. Was your girl that it was Sherry? Right? Yeah, it was Sherry? Did did Did she have a lot of tattoos or something? What am I remembering?
Speaker 9: Yes, that's the one with tattoos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So Sherry sounded like she was a good time. She had some tats on the thighs and tats all over the place. Oh wait, what game did you guys play together?
Speaker 9: We played the wet Cream game and we won the popa Roaches tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so that sounds like that sounds like a good time.
Speaker 9: Okay, man, let me let me tell you what. How is it?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: It was cool?
Speaker 9: I had a blast.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you.
Speaker 19: At the beginning, I met a young lady by the name of Jessica who approached me, and we wind up. I wind up giving her my number, and the chick on the next table over to her is blocking talking about you shouldn't be getting somebody else's number, and I'm like, hey.
Speaker 9: Wait a minute, pull up, I'm here to have a good time.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Anyway, I meet Sherry. Hey dude, we had a blast.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, dude, dude, you pulled a number before everything even started.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I actually had, yes, and she asked me for my number, so I gave her my number. You're gonna call me. She's like, yeah, I'm gonna call you.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and I'm gonna go hide you run.
Speaker 9: So when I meet Sherry, I'm like, okay, wait a minute.
Speaker 19: Finding out she's a little bit older than me, and she's taller than me, dude, so different from me.
Speaker 9: But I'll tell you what, man, I promise you. By the end of the night, I'm like this, seeck is cool. We had a blast. Yeah, dude, she's devilheaded.
Speaker 1: I mean okay.
Speaker 18: So at the end of the night, we both agreed, and we both knew that we had to work the next day, right, So she had my T shirt on and I said, hey, hold up, you can't take that with you. She's like what I said, Yeah, if you're gonna want that shirt, you're gonna have to come to my place and earn it.
Speaker 3: That's up for you.
Speaker 9: And she said, okay, all right.
Speaker 19: She said, so this means we're exchanging numbers and I'm like, oh, yeah, sure, hell yeahs.
Speaker 9: So we've changed numbers and the next morning.
Speaker 1: She's texting me.
Speaker 19: The next day, we're having long conversations. She's been texting, We've been texting her talking for the past couple of days, and we're really planned the date for next week.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: I think she's really cool. Man, she's awesome. It okay, is there a butt?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know about her supposedly living with somebody else. I don't know if that happened. She didn't sound like it, and she didn't tell me anything. Okay, And you know, interestingly enough, I didn't get a call from Jessica. I wonder if it's the same one.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Oh so I think it was. I think number three said that he went home with somebody that wasn't in the contest.
Speaker 9: Though, So yeah, so one I met was not in the contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the number that you got on. So you called Jessica and she didn't pick up like the other girl.
Speaker 9: Now, no, I haven't, No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 9: I didn't get to get her numbers. She got my number though, she gave me her phone. She said he put it in.
Speaker 1: I don't know how these things work.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I don't know, because I didn't have my phone on, I had my watch and at the time we had just had our shirts put on.
Speaker 9: But I had a great time, dude, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: So you are in possession of the number twenty shirt you got it back from her, yep, okay, yep. And you don't think you're going to see Sherry again. Oh no, we are.
Speaker 9: We're gonna date next week a time on it.
Speaker 1: So you're looking past the age gap, the fact that she's a little taller. She's all, you do you have tattoos? Not at all? Dude's sting that for both of them. Yeah, okay, so there's a following up day. Man. I love it's a dude.
Speaker 9: That's what I like though.
Speaker 19: She was really cool, man, after talking to her and we really got to know each other even more than next day.
Speaker 9: I mean, I just like what kind of person she is.
Speaker 1: Man, So bro, let's go, dude.
Speaker 9: I mean, hey, I had a great time.
Speaker 3: It's cool, dude, you were awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. That's Ramiro number twenty.
Speaker 3: If you're following along, hmmm.
Speaker 1: For d oh, that's number seven D or seven D and Gabby. Okay, what's the couple that I said I really.
Speaker 3: Want to hear from?
Speaker 1: Five? Right? Yes, I mean, listen, everybody was great. Here's if I could put in a request as the host of the show, I would love to hear from couple number five. They were so much fun. Yeah, they seemed like they were getting along maybe the best out of all the couples. And then number eight I would as I'd like to put it in that request. Number eight went full pirate.
Speaker 3: It brought her a sword.
Speaker 1: He brought her a sword when they met. Here's here's a beer, here's a Love Street blonde, here's your flower. Oh and I brought you a sword. Yeah, he brought her a knife.
Speaker 3: Okay, she could have stab him right there, she wanted and it didn't go well.
Speaker 1: All right, this is D D. I'm gonna have to D. Good morning. I want it number six, number D, number seven.
Speaker 3: Gabby was your chick? Yes, okay, can you hold till after the break?
Speaker 1: Please? Please? Please D, please D. Just can I get a thumb up? Her thumbs down?
Speaker 4: You're good?
Speaker 1: No, no, no. On the night though, I don't want to hear any details, it's gonna be a thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get all right, Okay, hang on right.
Speaker 1: There, D. I want to hear from D. But couple five and couple eight, I want to talk to them because I want to know what happened, because they were the two couples that were just really interesting. I just couldn't keep track of. Everybody was wild and Friday.
Speaker 3: Night, guys, a chance at one thousand dollars, go get it.
Speaker 1: We'll come back with D Houston and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am. The Buzz Come Back, Everybody, ninety four to five The Buzz Rod Ryan's Show. We got d on Hold. D is contestant number seven. Oh, he's right before the Pirate there he is. Oh. D. He's a guy that I said looked like Hispanic Rip from Yellowstone. He was Hispanic Rip. He liked it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I think, wasn't his chick the one that said I'm wearing a leather skirt. I'm like, you're in Yeah, and then nine girls wore leather skirts Friday Night, which was a good choice. It was a good choice. That was funny. Okay, Alex, do your thing, all right, I'll try.
Speaker 4: Online Kid's Alix Online nine The Muzz. Today's Well, since we've been talking about SNL fifty, you're going to look at fifty years worth of iconic SNL characters and see if you can remember not the names of the people that played them, but the names of the characters.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, that's tough, you know, like Stefan.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows Stefan. That's the first one.
Speaker 1: Is maybe the easiest one. You know what. I enjoyed more than I thought it was going to. I watched a little bit of the SML stuff. Sally O'Malley came back. Yeah, I'm fifty. I stretched and I kick and out got kick. So funny. That's a funny character.
Speaker 4: I was with my in laws and we thought we were watching the live one, but we realized we were just watching the best of Dan Ackroyd and Wild and Crazy Guys. I think he was there, but they had I guess they were watching it on Peacock, but it was the Wild and Crazy guys. Like I watched like ten of those and I'd seen them before. But they're just hilarious, like it was great.
Speaker 1: Do they hold up? Because they're super dated. It's from the seven dated. It's very dated, but still funny, like the way that the two of them did that. But go check it out.
Speaker 4: See how any of these iconic SNL characters you can name just by looking at them with the world famous rod Ryan showed the buzz.
Speaker 3: Now let's hear that what went.
Speaker 1: On on friend? Okay, So if you're following along at home, you're listening to the show today, you're on our Instagram, or you're on the blog page that Chiley put up on the links and guests, Please, I need you to go over to seven, please seven. That's that's hispanic. Rip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rip from rip. I'm sorry, it's d Hi D.
Speaker 20: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: D I'm nervous on a scale of one to ten going into this thing.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to be out there on the roadside with Alex with the boys, and you guys had great camaraderie. I loved all that. When we start getting down to like you getting on stage and the girls coming out, ten being like crazy nervous and one, No big deal.
Speaker 3: Where are you at going on stage getting ready to meet her?
Speaker 16: No big deal?
Speaker 3: You you're comfortable in front of the crowd on stage, all of that.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I've been doing that for years, so yeah, I'm good with it.
Speaker 1: Really, just hook up with chicks for years on stages in front of no no, no, not like that.
Speaker 20: I just I've been a party person for years, so I'm used to being around a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, what was your girl's name?
Speaker 20: Plus plus Gabby Gaby was actually one of the few that like she popped up. She didn't when she called in. She had was actually standing on the side of me in her car when she called in.
Speaker 1: So this how did it go?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Everything looked good.
Speaker 20: Like after we officially met on the stage or whatever, we went off to the little sidebar and we were hanging out there getting to know each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's where everybody was at.
Speaker 20: And then we started walking the crowd and I had a bunch of friends that were out there. She was chatting with them, you know, getting along like she knew them just as long as I did.
Speaker 3: So what time do you stay at the bar till?
Speaker 1: H probably eleven forty five? And do you leave separately?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 14: We did.
Speaker 1: We left separately. We exchanged numbers.
Speaker 20: We've been chatted since then.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you think you're gonna there's gonna be a follow up date?
Speaker 9: There might be.
Speaker 20: The bad thing about it was that I was working the rest of the weekend or whatnot. But we've been chatting it up, exchanging information and though, bro.
Speaker 1: You know she's listening right now. Do you want to follow up date? Yes?
Speaker 12: Or no?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're definitely gonna go out you do, okay? Yeah, you guys look good together. I mean the picture you get that picture up, You guys look really really good together.
Speaker 20: When I was checking it out, I think we were like second behind the likes behind your fifty year old couple.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, everybody was cheering them on. What about the couple right now? You were your number six, number seven?
Speaker 3: Seven, that's right.
Speaker 1: Six is we can't find Derek for some reason. Derek, Yeah, gotta look for it a d good job, man. Let us know how the follow up datec goes? All right, yeah there. I think second date update is another bit from another morning show.
Speaker 3: That's usually recorded though, So this is real it is. These are kind of actors, these are this is real life.
Speaker 1: Ashley.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hey, good morning Rob Ashley.
Speaker 1: You were paired up with number eight the pirate. Yes, oh all right, all right, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna sit down. I'm gonna sit down. I just gonna let you talk. The guy goes full pirate and brings you a knife. Did he bring you like a dagger or something? What did he give you as a gift? It was it was like a dagger.
Speaker 14: So let's just say, I'm he's the dagger and he was pretty sharp.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you think of getting a knife as a gift?
Speaker 14: It was definitely entertaining. It's the first definitely a he's down with the book for one for one.
Speaker 1: What were your thoughts when you walked out there? And he's full piratey, like full he was pirty in the morning, and then he came pirty to the party. But Tessa told him to tamp down the pirate ness, and Teresa, that's right, Teresa said, tamp down the pirates.
Speaker 3: And then he came like he went full boar pirate pty.
Speaker 1: He went with a weapon. Yeah, how'd it go?
Speaker 14: I was just I felt like I should have gone in with the whole pirate costume. I felt I did not get that memo.
Speaker 1: How did you guys get along?
Speaker 6: He's wonderful.
Speaker 14: I think he's really really sweet.
Speaker 3: He's the guy that plays quidditchitch.
Speaker 1: He's a quidditch guy. He kept quiet quiddish quiddish quidditch. He's a quidditch guy. He's got all the degrees and everything, like you can tell. He's like super smart guy. How does the How does the night?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What game did you guys play together?
Speaker 14: We played the drinking of beer out of a straw?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, it's all coming back to Yeah, how does the night end?
Speaker 4: For you?
Speaker 1: Too?
Speaker 14: I ended up going home alone, and then he went he went home right now where I'm just looking for friends, not really anything serious. He's looking for something more serious. So ladies, if y'all are looking for someone great, definitely we'll talk up Kevin. He's wonderful.
Speaker 3: And yeah, what happened with the sword? Yeah, where's the sword right now?
Speaker 4: That you have got it?
Speaker 14: I have it and that's kept very playfully night stand.
Speaker 4: I mean that's like ballsy to give somebody a sword as like you meet them, because it's like you could easily just substabed him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was showing a lot of trust.
Speaker 1: Well listen, especially a sword. That's really Yeah, I'm even more true Ashley, for you to say, hey, I'm not looking for this right now, but he is and he's great. That's an amazing thing that you're doing right now. You're blowing that. You know, you're gassing this dude up. That's amazing. So number eight, that pirate is still available, just saying I mean, listen, maybe you're first man. You've got to go track him down. But thanks for being awesome, Ashley.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much, no no matter problem, thank you for wonderful a wonderful night.
Speaker 1: Oh it was so much fun, so much fun. All the pictures are off on links and guests and on our Instagram at rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan's Show, The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five US ninety four five. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's better. It's better than it was. Homeroom.
Speaker 3: Homeroom was horrible, guys. I mean, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm apologizing for the sound of my voice. Things started in unspool on Friday night. This is your flu game, dude. Oh my god, it's just yelling all weekend long. Shawer is expected today during the day ninety tonight high today of around sixty five. I got another call if you want, yeah, obviously, So we're spending some time today on the air talking a little bit about how things went Friday night. Her name is Jessica. I don't know. Good morning, Good morning. We're Were you in the contest?
Speaker 9: No, so I called in twice.
Speaker 1: Man. I was told that number three was taken, and you wanted number three, and you were told that he was taken, and you weren't taking no for an answer. That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: I love that you showed up determination and you said I'm taking number three.
Speaker 1: Did you get number three? I took him home? What was it about? What was it about number three that you liked so much in the initial What was it about him that you said I want this guy.
Speaker 5: He's a really attractive guy, huh, like tall, he's just really handsome my time, for sure.
Speaker 6: And he's funny, Like when I talk to him, he's super funny.
Speaker 1: Why did I give him to Megan and not you? Exactly? Oh? Yeah, you're asking me, she said. She said she liked silly movies, they were the same.
Speaker 3: Age, and did seem like they would get along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they seemed like it.
Speaker 12: The funny thing is I'm actually sitting here having coffee with him right now.
Speaker 1: Oh really, have you guys never left each other since Friday? Well, I mean I do have to work. But okay, So at what point, because he's got a he's there with another date, At what point do you say, listen, I'm the one for you. When do you do this? At what point in the evening? It was at the very end.
Speaker 6: It was like I think we left at like nine thirty or ten.
Speaker 14: But he kind of like passed us a couple of times because I was hanging out with his friend.
Speaker 10: Okay, and then he passed by us a couple of times when we chit chatted.
Speaker 1: Where's Megan? When you're chit chatting with Megan's dude, where's Meghan?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 3: I talked to her like were You're like, hey, I'm going to try and stage.
Speaker 6: I was just like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Did you tell her that you were taking her? Man?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I was never, but you did exactly. Yeah, I tell him, I said, Now it worked out, It's fine. Are you telling me that number three Steven is sitting right there, Yes, you're right here next to me. Get him on the phone. Let's let's talk to Okay, bro, Hey, what's up bro this guy? Yeah, you went to her place Friday night? She came over. She came over to your place.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you have the place all nice and clean?
Speaker 1: Just in case the best thing happened ever in the world, Like you know, going into this on Friday, you clean your apartment right, your house? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It didn't work out with who we hooked you up with? Megan?
Speaker 1: When do you know that Megan's not right? Oh?
Speaker 3: Whenever she told me that I was second pig, that's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we've had this discussion. You told us that you went home with someone else. Whose idea was it?
Speaker 3: For Jessica to call in.
Speaker 1: You were her Oh that was Jessica's idea. Oh yeah, and dude, I get it. It's like Tuesday morning. How are you guys hanging out? Did you did you guys spend last night together too?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: No, no no, we both have jobs where we can kind of be reload if we want, so just decided we.
Speaker 1: Were having coffee this morning.
Speaker 10: Anyway.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So have you guys gone on a true second date yet?
Speaker 1: Like I mean coffee? I don't know how things work. Is this a date? Are you on a date right now?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: This is a date? Coffee day?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay you do. When are you taking her out in the evening? Maybe to go you know, I don't know, dinner, dinner, dancing, whatever people do?
Speaker 12: Will go this weekend and she's coming too much? Friends barbecue Saturday. She actually came to another friend's barbecue Saturday, like the day.
Speaker 1: After you are some barbecue and sobs.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: She's aggressive, man, I love it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she said she told me that she was getting me. Okay, yeah, she got you. You got guys, and she got you.
Speaker 3: Okay, do me a favor if you're comfortable with it.
Speaker 1: Can you guys snap a little picture of yourselves and send it to me? Absolutely? Rod at the buzz dot Com got it just looking at the table that you guys are just hanging out or Ben? Yeah, for sure. With Megan was cool with you letting her down saying listen, this isn't this isn't it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, look, she text did me I have my I have my work phone and it has my info on the back of my work phone, and I just had that sitting on the table, so I didn't want to throw her under the bus at all.
Speaker 1: You know, gotcha?
Speaker 12: Am I on the air by the way, Yeah, dude, Oh my god, what do you think we just called in?
Speaker 1: And he put would you think I just take calls off the air and shit chat with people?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe, No, you're on the air, dude, that's perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she texted me, okay, but what do you want to say? No, she's great, she's great.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, the heart want what's the heart wants?
Speaker 1: You're gonna send me a little picture of you and Jessica. Absolutely, I'll do that, all right, do it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Everybody's waiting that's number three. Everybody, it's pretty Stephen. What's it like? Girls clamoring all over you?
Speaker 3: I would never know.
Speaker 1: Number ten had all those calls, but it really worked out with her. He called and she called at the same time. All right, guys, great job for this great job.
Speaker 3: Was so much fun out there, Uh successful mile me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, so much fun. Jerry Cantrell is playing the House of Blues on February twenty sixth. Chile has given me a pair of tickets to give to you. On Know the show. We are going to take a short break and we will come back and ask a question about something that happened today. On the program Rock and Alternative Fair Houston, The rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, well listen, number one, thanks for putting up with my voice today.
Speaker 3: I apologize.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it'll just get better as the week goes on and then I can blow it out again in Marty Grove Bett, Galveston. Next weekend, La la la la, la, la la la. This weekend, Holy Cole, this weekend, This Saturday, snuck right up on you. Didn't Buddy hanging out with Brett Michaels a little bit. Oh yeah, it's be cool. Okay, I've got a pair of Jerry Cantrell tickets for you. Feb twenty six, House the Blues. The segment is called know the Show.
Speaker 3: He got another show question? I do, and you would have to know the show to get this.
Speaker 4: We did talk about the Nirvana reunion with post moone aka post Nirvana over the weekend. Who introduced the band on Saturday Night Lives fiftieth anniversary celebration, Tricky, We played it twice for.
Speaker 1: You seven one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: If you know the show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four devis is everywhere.
Speaker 4: You are.
Speaker 1: Radio Green Day long View.
Speaker 3: I was just looking at Chili six picks.
Speaker 1: Good stuff. Well, yeah, so Chili had a bunch of pictures up from uh Friday in his six picks And then where did you go out to eat?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Where did you What? All I saw was.
Speaker 3: Baskets and baskets of fried chicken.
Speaker 1: Where'd you go? House of pas What is that? What are you eating? I went once the new.
Speaker 10: House of Poles and Katie I went and then they had I tried wings and then uh, their sauce on the wings. They know they're driver, but the rub is so good. Okay, all right, and those wings got me hooked. I'm telling you, those wings got me hooked. You went after Mile of Meat to go eat them. Yeah, so after animal it's open all the time. But after you gave the first round of grammas, I think I kind of build out.
Speaker 1: Oh then you left. Yeah, so I was still a little coherent. Great. I survived because of Chili's wife is shoving food down my throat.
Speaker 3: I think it was like, you need to eat these egg rolls, and they negrolls.
Speaker 1: It would not have made it had she not did.
Speaker 10: And you want to know what's funny, When you handed us the first round of shots, she was like, I'm not taking this and handed it to Alex.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I took two shots on the first set of shots. I was in a shot mood. It was a Friday night. Friday night, all right, let's go to the phones here, Chili six picks, so great picks, Chili great picks. It's tes Tuesday, and Mile of Meat are going one back and forth, back and forth for the number one slot, and then Chili six picks are up there and then Chili six Picks is killing looking at girls right now? He's now time for I Know this show on ninety four.
Speaker 17: To five The Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Hey you right? Hey? Who's this? Orlando? Oh? You must be Orlando's girl from Four Christmases. Orlando was Vince Vaughn's name in the in the movie Four Christmas. I know that Alex loves that movie. The Orlando. Let's see if we can get you some some great tickets, Alex, what's your question? Olna?
Speaker 4: We talked about the Nirviner reunion with Post Malone aka Post Nirvana. Who introduced the reunion this Saturday or this weekend at the Saturday and at I fiftieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: I believe that was Adam Sandler. Oh, it was the samman Man Way to Go. Orlando. Jerry Cantrell, February twenty sixth, House of Blues, Dude, you're in, You're in?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Yeah, it's awesome man, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Orlando. What do you think about all these people calling in from Mile of Meat? Do you want to hear that stuff? Or is it like eh? Leave it, leave it at the bar. What I mean, I really want your honest opinion. You know.
Speaker 10: I actually came into the office and I listened to it on YouTube.
Speaker 11: Wow, you guys were doing it.
Speaker 1: I actually listened today. It was great. That's awesome. I appreciate it. Orlando, thank you, Thank you so much. Hang on the phone for me. We'll hook you up with your tickets. It's fun.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 1: There'll be a call here or there. Something will trickle in for the rest of the week. Every day, there'll be something. We'll find out, some kind of new piece of something. Because somebody's not able to listen right now, they're gonna hear the podcast. I'm like, oh, wait a minute, here, I am here, I am I'm number eight. I want to you know, I want to yeah, yeah, yeah. So it was very fun. Like I already said, that was like the number one link today because people wanted to go and follow along. So it's good. We put it up on Instagram too, So make sure you're following us on Instagram at rod Ryan's show. Should we have your hand up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Your email? What's his name? Oh boy?
Speaker 10: Sent a picture of Steven and Jessica right now drinking coffee.
Speaker 1: I forward it to you nice. Oh damn, she's hot. That's their little second date that he called in. Yeah, she's hot, super hot. Good job. All right, well the wonders not a second date with her? All right? Well, I mean he sends in a picture. You better ask him if we can post it. Everybody wants to see it. Thank you to all the mile meat mile of meat people, and thanks to Gunner and his great crew over at Cactus Cove so great. So he had the place looking good, man, that place was really really looking good. We need you to sign up if if you'd like to come down and play Read my Lips on Thursday. We're still opening it up to you. The listener of the Rod Ryan Show. So it's been fun. I love it. So Chilly has a link up. You can sign up. We'll pick somebody tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow's Wednesday already, and then you'll come down and play Read my Lips on Thursday. So if you want in on that, that's on links and guests, but go check out all the other stuff. And that's it. Jeremy's up next non stop noonor pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour one thousand dollars alternative income. I think it's the last week, so listen for the word enter at the buzz dot com for a chance to win one thousand dollars. Ten after ten, ten after eleven, ten after twelve, and Teresa's going to do it all the way up to ten after five. That's it. Great time, Love you guys. We're on a twenty hour break and I'm not going to talk from now until then. I'm gotta get this voice back. Heym does well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 7: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 1: Check it out on the
Speaker 7: World famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.