Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: I'm John Caldera. Give me a call three or three seven, one, three eight two five five seven to one three talk. I've said this before. Let me just let me just lay this out. The idea of renaming the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America is at best silly. It's annoying, it's obnoxious, it's just kind of stupid. That being said, I love it. I absolutely love it. And here's why this politically correct notion of renaming things. What was Stalingrad is now Leningrad. It's something that communists do. Let's change the name for whatever the current sensitivities are of those in power. So what do we do. We We change names to push ideologies. That's what communists do, and so nothing's ever called the same. It's world Down syndrome day. By the way, I have a son who has Down syndrome. But I want to make it very clear, I don't have a DOWNS kid. Yeah, I don't have. I have a child with downs. What you don't hear the difference? Oh no, No, one is person first. It is the person of color, and my son is a person with doubt. Now I find this so annoying. It's ridiculous how the word retarded has now been expunged. People in the DOWNS community believe it's the same as the N word. Some of them even call it the R word. It was a medical diagnosis. So is moron and so is idiot, and those turn into slang over time. So we're not allowed to say retarded. We have to say developmentally delayed. Hmmm. Oh, by the way, my son can't have any normal friends. He has no normal friends because the word normal well is out of style. He has typical friends, got it, typical friends, or he has neuro he's neuro divergent, so he's there are neuro I forget the word I had there just two seconds ago. He could have typical friends. But what's ridiculous it is? Of course, in ten years the word typical will be out of flavor and we'll have to change that too. So here in Colorado, we no longer have our beloved Mount Evans, Evans who was a superb governor for for Colorado and without whom we never would have had access to the trans Continental Railroad. He was a good governor for the time. Was he racist? Yeah, in the same way we're all racist when we look back one hundred years from now. So they change Mount Evans to Mount Blue Sky, And I love that crap because it angers us so much, and we roll our eyes so much, and we're not allowed to say anything in polite company, and unless you're with me, that we elect Donald Trump and then Donald Trump, Donald Trump changes it to Gulf of America. And what I love about Golf of America. Yeah, it's stupid, Yeah, it's silly. Yeah, it's unnecessary, but it gives them a taste of their own medicine. It gives them a taste of that whole holier than now. We're going to use our current sensitivities so that we can push an ideological point of view. Isn't it lovely? Isn't it spectac Yeah? That's why that's why this is so enjoyable. That's why Mount McKinley is enjoyable. Because after you say something like Gulf of America, it you hear this unsaid part. You hear the unsaid Yeah, you heard me. Gulf of America back at you. And that's what that feels like. You jerked. You're gonna give us Mount Blue Sky. We're gonna give you Golf of America. And if you don't say Gulf of America, should we shame you the way that the way that we've been shaming people when they don't use the words we like neurotypical. There it was my son has neurotypical friends and neuro divergent. It's like, what the hell? Why is the left loves to talk in language nobody understands. Unless you keep up with the daily changes, you know why the word gay works? Think about it. Gay was stolen. That word was stolen. Being gay was meaning being lighthearted. The Flintstones will have a gay old time, let's get together and be gay. Well that was stolen by the homosexual crowd and meant homosexual. But it's stuck. That's the l g B T.
Speaker 3: How did that stick because it's one syllable. I swear to god it stuck because it's one simple syllable gay.
Speaker 2: I think it works. Gay then us that that beautiful word it's now been commandeered by the homosexual community, although younger demographics are stealing it back and saying this is gay, and that is gay, which means it's stupid. And if a homosexual or someone who is part of that lgbt q I A plus crowd gets offended by it, just remember you stole the word first, and now young UN's are stealing the word back, and gay means that's so stupid just being gay. And if you find that hateful, then what about the other generation, the older generation, that used the word gay for something completely different until you stole it anyway. All of which to say, this is why I like Gulf of America. But our state legislature will not let it go. They will continue to force their virtue signaling and their ideology at gunpoint. Case in point is House Bill twelve seventy seven. This is a bill that, if it becomes law, will force retailers of anything that has combustible fuel to put a warning sign on it. This is so very California. This is so very California. So on every gas pump, at every gas station, every lawnmower, wherever they sell a canister of propane will be a label in redd ink at a certain font size that says, combustion of this product releases greenhouse gases known by the State of Colorado to be linked to global heating and significant health impacts. Now, this is a wonderful, wonderful little labeling mandate that isn't going to cost our state government any money, but it will cost everybody who sells these products. Everybody who sells these products now will have to go to the cost of putting this useless thing. If you go to California, you'll see something that says almost at every store this establishment sells products that have been known to increase the risk of cancer, and nobody cares because it's just omnipresent. But it's a way to preach their gospel with somebody else's money. That is the abuse of power that is government. Now could just as easily say, you know, on all cars and all gas tanks must have something that says, the combustion of this product releases jobs and wealth. Creation provides mobility and a greater standard of living, which has been linked to significantly better health impacts. Now, I could put that there and the Oil and Gas Association would love it, and it would be true. I mean, we can argue this, but what happens is whoever is in control gets to force people, mandate their speech, coerce their speech, to give their political views. That's why this is so wrong. Now the Left can go ahead and do this, but you know what's going to happen, even in Colorado, at some point the tables will turn and the other team will have the opportunity to take it back and go the other direction. Now, we didn't start this. The small government crowd did not start this. It reminds me of when Mitch McConnell warned the Democrats, if you get rid of the filibuster for judges, you will regret it, because when we get into power, we're going to use that newfound power and do it right back to you. And they thought it was a bluff. Trump gets elected, Republicans take the Senate and they get rid of the filibuster, and Republicans put through a host of judges that left hates. Congratulations, Left, you started this fight, and with things like Mount Blue Sky and this silly warning to be put on gas pumps, you need to know Left that when it's our turn, you've now taught us the tactic you use, and we will use the exact same tactic and we're gonna love it. What else would you rename? What would you do? Knowing that we have Mount Blue Sky and warning labels on gas tanks and the last hour I told you the preambles they have to give about we're on Indian land and we're wealthy because of slavery guilt trips. When the other team gets into control, what would you like to see them do? What would be a good Gulf of America for Colorado? What's a specific thing we would want to change the name of just to push our ideology. Give me a call. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five seven one three eight two five five in for capitalist. I'm John Caldera. You're on six thirty k how and now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast twenty five minutes after on John Caldera, the reason I love Gulf of America is it gives the left a taste of their own politically correct, annoying medicine. And it's completely stupid. It's been Gulf of Mexico since forever, but what the hell the left does this silliness all the time. Give me a call three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five. Let's let's grab a couple of these calls. Let's talk to Ryan. Ryan Welcome with John KELDERA.
Speaker 4: Hey, John, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can, excellent.
Speaker 4: I just like to say that I think we should remove the warning labels off of everything, therefore promoting the excution of people.
Speaker 5: Who lack logical sense, and I.
Speaker 6: Think the world will be a better place.
Speaker 2: Say that again.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, I said I think we should just remove the war because you were talking about warning labels earlier. I think we should just remove the warning labels off of everything, therefore promoting the extinction of people.
Speaker 6: Who lack logical sense, and then the world.
Speaker 4: Will be a happier place.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I look at that, so I'm curious to see what you think.
Speaker 2: Well. I love it because I do believe in natural selection. I love the idea of removing the warning labels from cigarettes. Even before we had warning labels on cigarettes, everyone knew they were bad for you. There was a reason they were called coffin nails were not stupid, and at least though that was a warning label, that is true. That is a warning label that if you smoke these things, you get a greater risk of lung cancer and all sorts of awful things. Mind you, there are positives from smoking. Positives include one looking really cool because it looks cool when you smoke. Two, you lose weight, and for some people the benefit of losing weight is worth the risk of something else.
Speaker 6: There is.
Speaker 2: Evidence that smoking helps battle or prevent Alzheimer's. Now, people who smoke, I think are making a really stupid decision. My point is that people should make their own decisions and not be preached at this warning label. They want to put on gas cans. Combustion of this product releases greenhouse gas is known by the State of Colorado to be linked to global heating and significant health risks. Well, that's completely debatable. All of that is completely arbitrary and debatable, and it's only there to push a political, not a health point of view. It's and when the other team gets in power, I want to do what I've done, So I've I've got a little electric car. The taxpayers bought it for me. It's a stupid little leaf and I bought it just so I could do this to it. You understand that two thirds of our electricity in Colorado Show podcastle Fuels. So people who drive electric vehicles are driving gas cars. They're runoff of natural gas and coal. That's what every car here is runoff of. So I did it so I could get a vanity license plate that reads gas car. It says gas car, and then underneath it, so if you see a guy in a leaf with a with a gas car license plate, wave or give me the middle finger, whatever you like. And I got it. I got a bumpersticker made underneath that says evs are powered by fossil fuels and your taxes, because that's the truth. I think it's spectacular. I've gotten all sorts of nasty looks for it already. It's been great. But when another team comes into power, when the Trump version wins in Colorado, which will have at some point that would be a wonderful, wonderful Gulf of America, that on every electric vehicle has to be a warning label that says EV's run on fossil fuels and taxes. And by the way, since that's the case, they release greenhouse gases known by the State of Colorado to be linked to global heating and significant health impacts. So under this new proposed law. They need the warning on electric cars too. In for Dan Kaplis, I love Gulf of America. I love Gulf of America because it's stupid, it's obnoxious, it's politically driven, and it pushes an ideology. In other words, it does exactly what the left has been doing for decades. When it comes to renaming things. You can't use the word retarded, even if somebody is medically retarded, because now that's a hate word. They are neuro divergent by the way, they used to be developmentally delayed, but that is falling out of favor. It gets nutty. Mount Evans is now Mount Blue Sky, and in twenty years it'll be something else when the other regime comes in. So my question is what should we name things when Colorado's version of Trump comes to power. And it will happen. It will happen. It'll be a while. But we didn't start this game. We didn't start this social engineering brain wan game by changing the meaning of words. But I love Gulf of America because, without it having to be said, the message is, hey, leftists, up yours. This is what it feels like when you start messing with words. It's pretty darn annoying, isn't it. Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Mary.
Speaker 6: Mary.
Speaker 2: Welcome, you're with John Calder. I'm glad to have a welcome.
Speaker 5: Sean, I'm so glad to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you.
Speaker 5: I think this is a great plan and I love your question. I live in there in mer County, and there's been this bane in my side called the devil the backbone. The devil can't have a backbone. The devil it doesn't have a backbone. We need to call it angels landing?
Speaker 2: Is what is devil's back is? That? Is that a location?
Speaker 7: Hog?
Speaker 5: A hog?
Speaker 2: Ridge?
Speaker 8: What's I think it's ridge?
Speaker 7: It's one of those.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so cool. And it's called what's it called again, Devil's landing.
Speaker 5: No, it's called devil's backbone, but it needs to be called angels landing.
Speaker 2: Oh, better yet, better yet, better yet better yet. I love what you're doing with this. By the way, Devil's backbone, that's a kick ass name for any place. Let's change it.
Speaker 5: To do you think it's good or bad?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I love it because I've got I've got a nasty sense of humor, So I love the idea. Of Devil's backbone. But when the Christians get in power, they should change it to you know, Jesus' heart or something like that.
Speaker 7: And it happens to be in Loveland, so it be a heart of something. But I have a lot of landing here.
Speaker 2: That is a brilliant idea. I love it. I see. That's the kind of stuff that imagine when if we were to play by the same rules, and we should and give them a taste of their own medicine. Mitch McConnell. I know people don't like Mitch McConnell, which I do not understand. The guy saved our court system when he told Democrats and warned them, hey, if you get rid of the filibuster, it's going to bite you in the ass. We will use your tactic on you when we're in power.
Speaker 7: And they all last stand why you had to change it.
Speaker 5: It's not a political reason, it's a technical reason.
Speaker 2: Who had to change Who had to change what? I'm lost?
Speaker 5: Okay, in order for Trump to take back Sooland that the Democrat got rid of, and to redo the gas and oil contracts on the edges of our country, especially in the golf of Mexico, it was written as the Gulf of Mexico. The minute he changed it to the Gulf of America. He could take back those contracts.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's going to hold up in court, but I like the way you think.
Speaker 6: Mary.
Speaker 2: Have yourself a great afternoon. Thanks for a call. Three or three seven one three five. Let's talk to Tim. Tim, good afternoon. You're with John Caldera Starry, Sir.
Speaker 8: I'm terrific, Thank you, Oh great, Really enjoying your show.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest, I haven't heard you host.
Speaker 8: The show before.
Speaker 6: So great, and you've covered so many different topics that I really want to jump on board with, but I'm going to try and tie a couple of them together. You're talking about renaming things, in my opinion, revisionist history, if you will, and things like.
Speaker 2: That, and it's ideological, politically driven, mind warping. You're just trying to brainwash people by changing words. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I totally agree with you. And that's why.
Speaker 9: Back when you were talking, when you talked about there was a Colorado fighting for the union and they tore down a statue of Union soldier during the BLM riots, and that's exactly what.
Speaker 2: They were something that's been up there since you know, for fifty seventy eighty years, I don't know. And it was torn down and it won't go back up because you know, it's a soldier.
Speaker 6: Well, and that's sad, and it's sad for a couple of reasons. In my opinion, won a soldier's soldier when I'm going to well, I'll get into that here in a minute. But anyway, that only tells me how bad one our education system is that the people who tore that down during DLM riots didn't even understand who that statue was about. But the other part of that, and I'm going to offer just a little bit of a different opinion of what you've put out there. And I'm not looking to pick a fight or anything like that, just my own opinion. You know, less than five percent of the Atlantic slave trade came to the United States of America. It was dispersed all over the western hemisphere, but less than five percent came here. You know, we talk about Greeley, Colorado. I doubt a lot of listeners know how Greeley, the city or Greeley got that name after Horace Greeley. And for anybody listening, I would really implore them to one. Look up Horace Greeley's letter to President Lincoln, but more importantly, President Lincoln's response to Horace Greeley when it came to the issue of slavery, and.
Speaker 2: Horace really said what to Lincoln.
Speaker 6: Horace Greeley. His vision for Greeley was a utopia if you will, he was definitely no.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't ask that. Well it was in his letter. Was he pro slavery or anti slavery?
Speaker 6: Don't leave us very much anti slavery very much anti slavery, okay, And Lincoln's response to Horace Greeley was that if I could save the Union by keeping slavery, I would do it. And if I could save by the Union by abolishing slavery, I would do it. Meaning here's my point. The Civil War was not about slavery. Just like most wars, it's either economics or religion. Well, it wasn't about religion. It was about economics. And I can go on.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't want to switch gears because we wouldn't have time for that very very interesting topic. The soldier, by the way, I forget the name of the soldier, but there's a bit of information that needs to be said. So the soldier who was on the west steps of the capital, the actual soldier was later was also at the oh oh, this was a soldier at the Sand Creek massacre, and so therefore following orders in that terrible slaughter means that Black Lives Matter knocked him down. But here's here's what's scary. You have a mob, a vicious mob, vandalizing a statue and tearing it down, and then it doesn't go back up. So the message is civil disobedience. Violence vandalism changes public policy. It's not like the state voted because that was on state property. It's not like the legislature or the governor made some sort of decision through a due process. It was no, we had violent, and now we appease the violent by letting stand their vandalism. That's just a dangerous, dangerous precedent to set.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I totally agree with you. I mean, if we look at the summer violence during twenty twenty and everything else, and nobody seems to, at least on the left or anybody with a little bit of common sentence, seems to see any problem with that. And that's where I'm a little lost you know, at the end of the day, like say, I am tired of me personally, and I have to put this out there. I'm not a US citizen. I was not born in this country. That the whole thing of racism always being black versus white, I really have an issue with because in all of my research and everything, the two most the two groups that are discriminated against more than anyone else are.
Speaker 2: Jews and Asians.
Speaker 6: Yep, you find all this, so.
Speaker 2: Let's remember. Just remember, I don't see anybody claiming when they go to Egypt. I don't see them doing a proclamation the way you get in front of Denver meetings that our land was once owned by Indians and we're wretch because of our exploitation of slaves. I don't remember going to Egypt and seeing a tour of the Pyramids going well, before we do this, we need to bow our heads and guilt because of the Jewish slaves that we use to build these amazing things and the land that we're on. It's funny how that's a one way street. I got to run to a break. Thanks for the call back after this, I'm John cal Derek. Keep it on khow and now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast. Caldera, please put Independence Institute, get on our mailing list, go to thinkfreedom dot org. Thinkfreedom dot org and we'll stay in touch. Also check out Complete Colorado dot com. Complete Colorado dot com for all of Colorado's news and it's free, no paywall, read opinion pieces by guys like me and Mike Rosen and others. Enjoy it's our gift to you. All right, who are we? Who do we still have in the line? Here do we talk to?
Speaker 9: Tim?
Speaker 2: I get lost?
Speaker 6: We have?
Speaker 2: Let me see, let's just just grab one. Anyone hit a button there on? All right, Hello, you're on with John Caldera. I'm not too sure who this is, but let's talk.
Speaker 8: Hey John, this is Tom from Mind Him Long Mind. Yeah, I've got two names from Mount Blue Sky that I think even the BLM people would like. Got it the first? The first is after a Colorado born Supreme Court justice. It would be Mount Byron White. And if they don't like that, Mount King, after MLK who had the reference to the snowcapped Rockies. And as I have a dream speech.
Speaker 2: Oh that's all way too reasonable. Let me make it very clear. In twenty years, when Republicans take over Colorado and Donald Trump is no longer with us, Mount Blue Sky will be renamed Mount Trump.
Speaker 8: Well, I would like that too. I was going for consensus building.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Well, do you think the left did consensus building when when they force this crap on us? Do you think they do consensus building when they change names every twenty minutes and whatever he said before is now considered hateful? Do you think they went for consensus when they decided to drive energy out of the state. No, they use the raw power of their authority. As my friend Eric Sonderman said when asked, why are the Democrats going so crazy and doing all this stuff in Colorado, going so far and so hard, And the answer is three words, because they can. And since they can, that's what they do, and it will blow up in their face. I firmly believe Donald Trump was elected for three simple reasons. One inflation in the economy. Two ridiculous border policy letting our borders open for criminals and others spill forward. And three this woke bs that we've had enough of of boys in women's sports having to say out loud that men can now have babies, and things like Mount Blue Sky. Guess what it's gonna be enough here too, Even in Colorado. You can only jam so much of this thought control down people's throats. The words you use affect what you think. And the left knows this. And that's why Golf of America is so wonderful. In fifty years, some guy who was born now will go, well, it's always been Golf of America when they try to change it to Gulf of Blue Sky, and when they do that, we're going to change it to Trump Golf, Golf of Trump. I just to let him know.
Speaker 8: I guess what I like about Mount King is there's sort of a passive aggressive review to the fact they've actually rejected the principles of Martin Luther King.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: And it'd be calling them out on that. But I love Mount Trump too. That'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: Let me give you my perdition before we run out of time. I believe that Martin Luther King will be canceled. You know how historic heroes get canceled. He will be canceled. The reason is because his message does not to identity politics. His message of being judged by his character, not his color. That is something the woke left cannot stand because they want people judged by their skin color, their genitals, and what people think their genitals should be. So what's going to happen is they've got to find a way to cancel this guy, and they're going to bill cosby him. Basically, at some point the FBI's tapping of his phone line and bugging of his hotel rooms will show very clearly that he raped women, he raped white women, and that will be used to cancel him. He has nothing to do with that has everything to do with getting rid of his message. All right, Hey, thanks for the call. Thank you, Dan Camplas. I always enjoy sitting game for you. Check out Independence Institute at thinkfreedom dot org, sign up for our newsletters, be part of it all, and keep it here. You're on khow