Speaker 1: Email, it says, Dave, you've done it again. Thanks to hearing you go on and on about your towel warmer. I decided it was time and I checked it out. So I went down to JC Penny lo and behold, they were fifty percent off. So I scooped one up and I brought it home. I'm not sure it's I'm sure it's not nearly as nice as the one you have over at the McMansion haha, But I don't know how we'll ever dry off again with a cold towel after my nice hot shower. Thanks for the recommendation. I've been talking about this for years. It's the size of a small like, you know, a medium sized trash can, and it sits on your bathroom floor, plugs into the wall. You would take your towel, you drape it in there. You can't stuff it because if you stuff it, it won't warm up the whole towel, So you can gently drape it in there, close the lid, take a shower. By the time you get out, it's toasty oosty warm. Toasts one toastyosty warm. And if you don't if you if you take a shower without it, you it's like eating cold food.
Speaker 2: Would you say you use it every time?
Speaker 1: You take that? Every single time?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: If unless I'm taking like a quick rents off shower. I went to Snap yesterday and it was really sweaty before Ukulele Club. I was only in there for like two minutes, so I didn't have time to warm the towel up. But yeah, that is. I'm making a list, and here's what my list. I'm gonna make a video of my you know Opraen did her favorite things yep, So I'm gonna put my towel warmer, my in motion stepper, yes, Snap Fitness, Thunderbird aviation, probably a ukulele, my smoker, yes, my box balling little ball that you know, the little red.
Speaker 2: Hoon all times? Have you used that since?
Speaker 1: Enough enough? Yeah? No, I've used it more than that. And there might be a couple of other things there.
Speaker 3: So I needed you to add some more to that lost because I'm struggling with you this year that you don't have but you have all those things, so you're recommended on because you would recommend them.
Speaker 1: A realistic love doll, because I've got one that's like inflatable and it's like it's okay, you know what I mean. She's not well, her mouth is always open.
Speaker 2: She's always.
Speaker 3: I think most of the dolls usually are like that. Do you want like brunette blonde? What are we thinking?
Speaker 1: Redhead? Yeah, Kirby, Kirby has good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kirby redhead. Okay, that's gonna cost extra. I feel like see.
Speaker 1: Because the one I've got now, it's like it's got a thatch of hair on there that looks like doll hair. Should I stop this charade?
Speaker 3: Because where's the hair?
Speaker 1: Our pit hair? All right, let's move on. Thank you, Jen, Seriously check that out for for a gift for yourself. It is wonderful. Okay, hello friends, says Lexi needed to point out an amazing moment from the show today. During the Daily Bailey Dave read at text from someone that said they can't really swim, but they are really good at doggie style. Is in doggie paddle? Dave reddit didn't even realize what he said. Meanwhile, on the webcam, Bailey immediately wanted to laugh and looked over at Jenny. Hilarious. Moment I didn't even notice.
Speaker 3: Was like, to be fair, you were just reading a text, so you read exactly what the text said. He didn't, Dave didn't misspeak, hext, but like, I've done the same thing that you did.
Speaker 1: David was reading the text.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right after I said that, Trip texted me saying he'll teach me doggy style. So that's really nice to swim.
Speaker 1: That's the gift. I also cannot swim. I've always been too embarrassed to take lessons as an adult. I want to learn, though, because I feel like swimming would be a type of exercise that I would actually enjoy. I appreciated that topic today. That's all I have for now to Lexi.
Speaker 2: Thanks Lexi. I felt the same way where I think like if I took swimming lessons knew how to swim, then I could go to a gym and do laps and that's like good for your you know body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is good, And I the joy of swimming. You don't get really sweaty, but I get hot and sweaty when I work out. Yeah, the joy of swimming is you're getting like a crazy good workout in, but like the pool keeps you cool down, so you get done and you kind of don't feel like you worked out, but you did so you're not like sweaty and hot. You're obviously dripping west.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But and you're hot because you're what you know, Yeah, like what a babe?
Speaker 1: Alison writes in she says, Hello, favorite morning show radio crew. First, I want to address Dave and let you know that every time you do an impression of your boss Rich, I picture Hank from King of the Hill. It's like you turn Rich into some Southern man that will always make me chuckle. Any reason you do that voice? Well, he's got a tiny bit of a Southern accent, not much of one.
Speaker 3: Well, he's from the East Coast, so does but he lived.
Speaker 1: In Nashville for a while and I think he picked up a little bit. It's just kind of always there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So as I get that song off a radio station and I exaggerated quite a bit. Second, you guys were talking about bitch you've done, and I would love it if you would do a drunk slow mo again sometime soon. They'll always make me laugh almost to tears. Lastly, fuck Mary killo. So what does that mean? I know what it means, But are they asking us to do a fuck Mary kill?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess they give you three options. Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well here it is, okay, fried rice, cream cheese wantons, and egg roll. Oh okay, she says personally, I would marry cream cheese wantons, fuck egg rolls and kill fried rice. That's all for now, love y'all, Allison, I'm.
Speaker 3: The same as her. I'll just go right away and say I'm the exact same as her.
Speaker 2: Really, see, I would marry an egg roll, I would fuck a cream cheese wanton, and I would kill fried rice. So I would just switch those the two marrying.
Speaker 1: Fuck. I don't really understand the concept to be honest when you apply it to food.
Speaker 2: Oh well, she.
Speaker 3: Was just like the same, like who do you want to have a longer term relationship with? Yeast to a relationship with, and who do you just not want in your life?
Speaker 1: Cream cheese wantons would be kill fried rice. I could probably marry I don't know, edie egg roll.
Speaker 2: That's got like some nutrition in there. That's why I would marry it. Solid cream cheese wanton. It's got fuck boy energy, cream cheese wanton fuck energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will throw in a little sidebar that now at Bennie Hannah, one of our favorite restaurants. You if you go they offer you white rice. Don't get white rice unless that's what you want. Get fried rice. That's so much better. Then you pour your shrimp sauce on top. But now they ask you what protein you want in your fried rice, and they up charge you for it. So at least at the one over here in Golden Valley from what I've heard, so definitely get the chicken put in your fried rice.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had spam fried rice?
Speaker 1: I have. I've made spam bam with.
Speaker 2: Like a pineapple in it. Ah, so good.
Speaker 1: I would try that. I have. Definitely I like spam. You like spam too, Sam Spam is really good. I'll give you one other thing. Target in Chaska doesn't answer the phone, and I'll tell you the story. And I didn't want to say this on the air and slam Target, but I'll say it here in the Minnesota goodbye, because we love Target. Whatever. But my wife lost her wall at yesterday, and this is the second time this has happened in a few months, and I'm starting to worry about the girl a little bit. But she doesn't usually care purse. She carries her wallet. So she gets home she realizes, I don't have my wallet she'd been to Eden Prairie Center. She'd been to Men's Warehouse to buy a gift card for Chase, and she had gone I think to the post office and she went to Target, and she went different places and she's calling around and she calls the Chaska Target. Nobody answers their phone there, and it was really weird. It's like Target, you would think there'd be like a main number, Hello, Target, Chaska. Nobody answered their phone. And she was in a panic because she's like, everything is in that wallet, everything, her id all of our credit cards, which means we got to replace everything from the best Buy credit card to the Southwest visa. We got to replace everything. Just a nightmare. And then Shields called. She had gone into Shiels and I don't know what she bought, but she left her wallet on the counter and they called and they said, hey, we found your credit card.
Speaker 2: How did they get her numbers?
Speaker 1: You know, that's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Probably just looked it up, like went online and found it's possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or card and that could be maybe she has a Shills card. I'm not sure, but they did find her and so Carson went by and picked it up. But they were so kind at eden Prairie Center because she called the Eden Prie Center security office and she said, oh, I was parked in the north lot blah blah blah. And they went out and they looked all over and they said they were so kind. Shout out Eaten Prairie Center because they went out and they looked for her wallet.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And she was so upset. And I could understand because think of all the leg work you got to do when you lose everything like that. And I said, most people are kind. Most people will find your wallet and they'll turn it in. Yeah, sure, they'd love the fifty three dollars that's in your wallet. Most people are not going to commit credit card fraud and use your credit cards. Sure there are people who will, but I guarantee it. Everybody listening to this show right now. I can't guarantee you, but I would assume that anybody's listening to this show, you're going to turn in a wallet. Anybody any of us found a wallet, none of us would use the credit cards because that's illegal.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, I always liked when I worked in retail. I've worked in retail a long time, and we would find like missing wallets and whatever. That was always the best because then you had to bring it to Lost and Found, so you got to stop working and like walk slowly to Lost and Found to give the wallet to somebody. It was just like the greatest break in your day because someone lost their wallet and then you would find the person, they would find their wallet, and then they would be so thrilled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so happy exactly. Oh she was so relieved. Yeah, I got home from I think I got home from ukulele club. No, I got home from Snap last night. And she's like, guess what they found that it shields.
Speaker 3: I did the same thing as Susan, though. I left my wallet in the Costco cart like a It was the week you were off Dave for Thanksgiving, and I was juggling like a lot with you being off and some Christmas wish stuff, and Bailey knew, like my brain was just like I scrambled ex yes, because then I also couldn't find my key cart anywhere. And Bailly was like, you need to go home and just like sit for a little bit and stop like looking at Christmas wish submissions and all this stuff. Because I would never just leave my wallet in a cart and I was so lucky because I went to the Costco Gas that's right down the road, and immediately realized my wallet was gone, So I knew I had to have just left it. And I got back, saw it in the cart, still in the cart car. Oh, and got it back within like five minutes of leaving it there, luckily, Thank goodness.
Speaker 1: I remember one time, many years ago, Julie and I flew to Colorado Springs and she sat her she lost her purse. She lost her purse, and we at the airport, we get out to the car, We're like, oh my god, where's your purse. Where's your purse? Where's your purse? We go back inside. She had set it on a table by baggage claim and nobody touched it. Wow, And that was kind of impressive because you would think that somebody would either steal it or somebody would pick it up and go, oh, somebody lost a purse. Yeah, it's sat there for probably fifteen minutes and nobody touched it.
Speaker 2: Missed the looked in place.
Speaker 1: Next one, Heather says, first of all, love you guys, been listening for more than twenty years. First time writer. I am gonna send you a staff writer Sticker, So thank you. I'm going to add to this segment. There I said it, Christmas cookies are overrated. There I said it. I agree. Now let me explain. I am a sweet lover and a cookie lover. So that's so. It's not that the problem is my mother in law makes all these traditional cookies that are just not that good. She makes them and then literally package them up and mails them to people's homes. Then the cookies get cold and frozen and get even worse. For example, sprits cookies not that good, even worse when you mail them in freezing cold temperatures. Sugar cookies she makes them thin and crunchy, not good. I love the peanut butter blossoms, which I make delicious, but again when she makes them and mails them, they get hard and not very good tasting. What are your thoughts? Also, my mother in law refuses to change any of cookie recipes or add any new cookie recipes. Hashtag I love my in laws, Love you guys. Heather thoughts on Christmas cookies anybody.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily care for Christmas cookies. There's a big event at Disney World every year. It's like the Mickey mouse very merry Christmas party, and it's just like a special event that they do at night time at Disney World, and you go to these different stops and they have Christmas cookies, and you eat so many Christmas cookies at all these different stops, and all they have is eggnog and hot cocoa and then cookies. You get so sick eating stupid cookies. I want candy, Give me candy. I don't want these dang cookies. Get out of here. I don't like cookies. I don't care for them.
Speaker 3: I think I'm biased towards my family's Christmas cookies because my mom is such a good baker, and I think I get a lot of my baking skills from her, so I really love her Christmas cookies. I will almost like never eat anyone else's, Like if there was a plate of cookies in the kitchen right now of Christmas cookies, probably wouldn't go eat them because I just think that my mom does such a good job. And I just made the cutout cookies that she makes every year for the first time, and I can already tell that like they're all right, but I have some work to do to like get a better yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of an appealing to see, like, you know, a Christmas tree shaped vanilla regular butter cookie whatever it is, with the icing and some sprinkles on there. I could look at those and be like, mmm, I'll pass. Yeah. You know.
Speaker 2: I have an old coworker that I used to work at Mill City Museum and he would do the Star Tribune holiday cookie contest and make all of those cookies. And he still does it. He does like a cookie party every year. So he just makes all of the Star Tribune cookies and then invites a butt ton of people over to just eat them. And that's fun because that's like an event. Yeah, and it's brand new cookies, like every single year that he just is like, okay, I'll make all of these because they like publish the recipes of all these winning cookies and that's fun. But like, if I just have to eat cookies all the time, I hate I don't eat them either. If they were sitting in the breakroom pass.
Speaker 1: Does anybody remember speaking of the Star Tribune they used to put and maybe they still do. I don't get Star Tribune anymore and we haven't for years, but every Thanksgiving they used to put a large turkey to color on one of the pages. Oh yeah, and then you would send in your kid's colored turkey and the contest. Yeah, and Alison did that a few times. This is twenty five ish years ago, when she's probably seven. Does any you remember that?
Speaker 2: But I remember exactly because I feel like we would do it in class, like in elementary school. And I think it's still a thing, or it says. I mean, I just googled it and it is it's still a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeap, she seems like it is. Last email. You know what's on my brain a lot? How randomly that study rolls around that beards are absolutely disgusting? Are guys really not washing their beards? My husband has a decently long beard, sometimes really long, sometimes not. Every day after work he shampoos, conditions and combs through it. Sometimes he even straightens it so it doesn't get all tangled. I I bought him his own straightener. Even he does constructions, so his beard and hair gets really gross, so he likes to keep it nice. But do other guys really not wash their beards? Otherwise you think it's just as dirty as hair, right, I don't know. It bothers me here's a picture of my family featuring my husband's lovely groomed beard. That is Hannah. Yeah, he's got a sizeable beard. I'd say the longest parts probably three inches long. And he washes it every day. Lovely little family, you got beautiful little children. Andrew's got a beard.
Speaker 3: He does. I don't really know what he does for maintenance on that, but I don't think it smells. I tell him when he smells like, you know, he hasn't showered for the day, and so I can smell the bo when I curl up next to him at night and stuff. So, but the beard never smells.
Speaker 1: I would think that if you get in the shower and wash your hair, he probably wash around the beard too.
Speaker 2: WashU is there like beard champion?
Speaker 1: I would?
Speaker 2: I know there's like beard wax. And I think like a nicely groomed beard looks so nice versus like a scraggly ass And ask one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a big fan of like scraggly, long, gross beards. What do you wash your face with? And the reason I ask is because for years I just use the bar of soap to wash my face and now I use loreal for men and it's like a chalk charcoal based cleanser that supposedly cleans out all your pores. Blah blah blah. Wash is away dead skin. What do you use to wash your face in.
Speaker 3: The morning, miss Shower, I just use a washcloth and a bar of soap like on the washcloth. But I do a face routine in the morning and night. Yeah, so I think that's like my face routine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I use like a a I double cleanse my face. So I use regular cleanser like from Trader Joe's or something, and then I use a fancy like cream cleanser and that's good for your skin, to double cleanse your face.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's going to wrap it up for the Minnesota goodbye. Thank you for all the emails. We appreciate that and we will see you tomorrow in the Minnesota. Goodbye Emails to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.