Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. We have a US representative, Josh Burkeen on the line. First of all, Josh, tell us the latest on the spending bill. What's going on there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tom, They've decided to move forward with a continuing resolution. Absolutely changes the policy you're spending. I will be a no. It ultimately is going to be a bipartisan measure and that will result in, you know, continuation of spending. That is a gas to me, and much less, not much less. The policies also.
Speaker 1: Well, I understand that the House version had something that just basically underscored the law of the land, that says there will be no people who are not US citizens voting in this election. Now, what could have caused such an oproar over in the Senate that would make mister Schumer not even called the call a vote?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, and of course it didn't make it that far. Last week, I was supporters of that play to add to say that which would scrub the voter rolls to make sure that as Heritage points out, Heritage says that if you look at the last two decades, there's at least twenty thousand as many as twenty thousand March twenty ten and twenty thousand in the state of Pennsylvania alone to have cast a ballot illegally cast a ballot. So people claim, well, you know this is already gets law. Well it's still happening. That's the point. And so for those that would say that this is redundant it's not necessary. Okay, if that's your worst objections, that's redundant, vote for it. But that's not the reality because that small objection of redundancy is not just going to keep them from supporting that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess I see that. But it sure would be nice to go on record for most of the every lawmaker to say that I believe in the constitution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the reality is you've got to you know, full all the Democrats who you know in the House would not support it. I think there are two Democrats that supported it down the House, but they they don't believe that fully believe that we need to be scrubbing the voted roles. You know, it's look, only only God knows their motives. But I don't know what else you can derive from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, I'm president now has had two separate attempts on his life outrageous. And the more it seems that we find in these stories that are being released both instances, these people should have been caught before they even got that close to the president. It would appear really.
Speaker 2: Sad that that we're having to you know, Monday morning quarterbacks to Secret Service because they are inability to you know, see that when you've got the front runner. The Majority is already pushing that direction months ago that Trump was going to be in this position, he should have had presidential level protection. He's a former president. Is a is another element of this. So it's it's you know, come lately that the administration has finally decided to implement that we as a few days ago, did it legislatively and sent it to the Senate, saying that you have to have the same personnel and you have a major party candidate as as if they were already in office. So you know that is that is relative to what happened is Florida, regarding that they didn't make have the personnel to do the sweep. Trudeos to the Secret Service agent who had the line of side on the barrel and took the shots. That was an execution of a good detail. What it was not an execution. Execution of the plan was making sure that he never had the opportunity to be there for twelve hours lining in wait for the President United States. When it comes to Butler, I mean you know, I went to Butler, I saw the layout. We heard enough testimony Homeland Security. He was a total total mess. When you have twenty minutes before the shots are fired, communication breakdown where they're reaching into the incident command center and this is the outer perimeter and saying to the Secret Service within the incident command center, hey, here's a picture of this guy. We think he could be a threat to this to the president. What do we do? And they said here's They then say text the number or text this photo to this numbers. Twenty minutes before this thing, before the shots were fired, they should there should have been somebody within the incident command center the moment the out of premitor delegated responsibility to pay attention to any threats, the moment that got to the end of the commands, and there should have been the authority to shut shut that uh stage appearance down and not allow them to go on stage, so that that whole process was abysmal. And you know, I filed legislation because we are already hearing that there was major errors made by the personnel that were on the advanced team. And my contention is there's some of that because of some of the DEI typed hiring. So we filed the build that says on merit only, you have to meet the same qualifiers. I don't care what gender you are, you have to meet the same qualifiers when it comes to being able to protect. You know, in this situation, the likely next president the United States.
Speaker 1: Boy, tell you, it's it's just crazy. This is this season, as they say, you know, where the election comes into play and some people get a little crazy. And this is where you have to rely on your government institutions like your Secret Service. They've got to be there. They've got to show up for the game. They've got to be game ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean, look, when you are trying to advance people because of anything outside of merit, outside of their ability to perform on the job. And you know, in this situation with Cheetles, she's trying to advance people because of gender. Look great, there's many women within the Secret Service that do a great job but then there's also women within the Secret Service that are saying this is ridiculous that they were not held to the same standard. This isn't coming from me. There's some national personalities on some more moderate many to show saying this, and we're saying this months ago. So common sense says, you hire based on the ability to do the job, not because you're trying to meet a certain metrics. You can you know, be pc. That's the statness of this culture where we're headed. Content of the character.
Speaker 1: Josh. We've touched on some hot wire issues, but there are other issues that play that to kind of bind Oklahoma and Washington, d C. What are some of the things that you're working on in that realm.
Speaker 2: Well, we've you know, everybody I know gets tired of me talking about our spending trouble, So let me pivot. So he doesn't have been so kind to give me the opportunity to talk about that often. We've got to have growth too, Tom, And one of the things I'm interested in, you know, have excitement around, is the opportunity to unleash energy dominance in this country. We're gonna have to change, have to have a change administration before that's going to be allowed. You have in Oklahoma, we've lost the largest share of extraction related jobs and on the gas sector. And then with the Democrat administration, if we don't change the inflation we're duction acts, we're set to move from like twelve percent of our electric grid is based on wind and solar. Now, because of that bill they passed that Tamala Harris was a deciding to vote on a few years ago, we're moving by twenty fifty. Energy Information Administration says where sixty percent of our electric grid nationwide will be built upon unreliable wind and solar. So it's a mess that is about to hit us and it's going to be, you know, really bad for Oklahoma because of our high number of government jobs, of falsipulary jobs.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you'd like to pass a log to our listeners?
Speaker 2: Look, Tom, I'm meeting here shortly. There's a small group of us meeting with Katley Means and RSK. The the whole discussion around food and the poisoning of our young adults through high processed food that you know is long term having health costs for Medicaid and Medicare population. So I'm really excited about this conversation I'm about to get into or with RFK and CALLI means. I've got a bill that I'm may be aware of that I filed last year with Marco Rubio that says on the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program that we're going to stop allowing the expenditure of junk food to be a part of the food stamp program because we end up paying for that. And you know, if you're listening to some of the things that that Cali Means and RK have been talking about, fifty percent of our teenagers or obese, seventy five percent of our adult population. And I said, so much of this is driving these health outcomes. Not out of ten healthcare outcomes they keep talking about are related to our diet, of these of these you know, incidents that lead to death. And we have a population that has become so ingrained and a gut vera meant that is embedded with companies that are making a profit by selling into government systems that which is leading to higher health costs in this country. So I look forward to the Trump administration and RFK embedded somewhere to where we can can repeal some of this and the Healthy Snap Bill that we've introduced, I hope is one of.
Speaker 1: Those very good How can people reach you.
Speaker 2: B'urkeen at at Bourkeen dot house, dot G o V, or they can call our officer in club more nine one eight two eight three sixty two sixty two or uh d C two O two two two five two seven zero one