Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest joined in the studio today, Stacey Koistre, Hello, sir, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing well, John.
Speaker 1: I talked about all the time out and about but this is the first time we've had you, and this first time in the studio at the radio station everything, so it is well an enlightening space. This is it's a fun place. Now another fun place, the South Dakota Military Heritage Alliance. I remember talking to you several months before this thing was even a thing, and you had this idea. And now it's not only a thing, it's there. It's been there for five going on six years. How amazing is.
Speaker 2: That it is? It is a huge blessing and it's exciting and hopefully it's a blessing to the community. And we're very, very excited to be where we are so far.
Speaker 1: And the thing that's nice. You got a fun event coming up November thirteenth, and this is a Night with Heroes, and let's talk about the event, because I think this is a really neat idea.
Speaker 2: Well, the Alliance has hosted a lot of events over the last five plus years for a lot of organizations, and that's the intent, right it's to particularly when it comes to our veteran organizations, is to uplift them and help them razor profile and help them to do well. But through that process, we've never really had an event for the Alliance itself. And so through some of the great ideas of people involved, particularly Craig Hagen and Chuck Nelson, they decided it's time for us to do one for the Alliance.
Speaker 1: And the event again is called a Night with Heroes, and there's some special things happening that night, So let's talk about what that is.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, So we are going to have a guest speaker, and that keynote speaker is going to be one of America's living Medal of Honor recipients. Gentleman by the name of Clinton Romache lives in North Dakota actually and earned his Medal of Honor in Afghanistan, and he was kind enough to come over, come down, as it were, down to speak to our folks here and help us have a great event.
Speaker 1: And again is November thirteenth. We're going to talk about how you get tickets and all that here in a moment. But this is open to everybody. So if you served, that's wonderful and thank you for your service. But even if you didn't, you're still welcome at.
Speaker 2: This absolutely, and that's one of the messages we're trying to carry to the community is that the Alliance is for anyone and everyone. And the way I've described it over the years, it's really for three populations, which is for those who have served, those who are actively serving in those civilian patriots that we have within our community and our state.
Speaker 1: And the thing that's nice when you go there and have a drink, you go there and have a meil, you go there to use a gun range, you go there to host a meeting. When you're doing that and you're spending money within the walls of the South Dakota Military Heritage Alliance, you're also helping veteran organizations, and you're helping the facility who helps veteran organizations.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely the intent. We are a nonprofit organization and we were founded upon that principle, not as a standalone veteran organization. There are many of them, and many, many wonderful ones. But the magic sauce in a way for this is that it was created with a unicorn of a facility. Yeah, and to say, hey, how can we employ this to uplift those organizations, help them preserve their identity, grow their identity in presence within the community, and as we develop, turn around and financially support them in kind through the facility itself, but also hopefully through actual dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And there, like you said, there's been a bunch of fun events that have happened over the last five plus years, concerts that have happened in there, and there's a comedy event that's coming up this Friday, so you know, there's all kinds of fun stuff that has happened. But this is the first time that the Alliance has put on an event for themselves. And again it's called a Night with Heroes. And if people would like to get tickets for this again, we're going to tell you how to do that, but it's open to everybody, and this would be a really nice date night. This would be a really nice night to go out. And if you've never seen the facility, boy, what have you been waiting for? Come out? This would be a great night to do that. And again you said everybody's welcome, all ages welcome as well.
Speaker 2: All ages welcome, will certainly be family friendly, very patriotic obviously, and it's not just mister Romache that's going to be speaking. We're actually going to have South Dakota's first hail and farewell and for those who haven't served on active duty, hail and farewells where you welcome new members into the unit and then you farewell, so to speak, those who are leaving and thanking them for their service. And so what we are going to do is we're actually going to swear in new members of our military. We have a wonderful relationship with a local recruiting command, and so we're anybody who comes can watch young Americans raising their right hand and taking that oath. And then we're also hope to welcome home active duty members who are either retired and moving back to South Dakota or etsing meaning it just separating having completed their obligation, or it's people who are relocating relocating to South Dakota, and we want them to know that we appreciate their service in that South Dakota loves and supports them.
Speaker 1: And this is one of those things where if you know somebody who you're looking for, people like for the last year, is that what it was? Yes, it has come home in the last year. We want to welcome them home, even though they're home already. We'd like to do something formal.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and so we would ask if if that's you listening, and that's been you in the last year, you've returned back here, please come on down. We'd love to help arrange that. But also if you're a family member or a friend, or if you know someone who's done that. And I can speak from experience John as someone who has come home so to speak well from active duty, but also from a National Guard mobilization type scenario. The National Guard gets welcomed home, which is wonderful, our congressional delegation, our governor's commander in chief, and the mayor and community leaders come and welcome them. But when you come home from active duty, you do so alone. So we recognize that as a as a board and as a community, and we want those folks to understand that they are just as appreciated and welcome here back in South Dakota.
Speaker 1: And this would be a great night if you know somebody that falls in that category that is home and maybe in the last year or so has come home, reach out through the South Dkota Military Heritage Alliance and then be a part of it. A Night with Heroes November thirteenth, six thirty pm. Tickets for civilians twenty bucks. If you're a veteran or active duty it's ten dollars. So it's gonna be a great night. It's gonna be a great program. Thank you very much for taking it time to chat.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for having me John. It's great that you're willing to do this. You guys have such a great theme when it comes to faith, family, and all things America.
Speaker 1: We're grateful if you would like tickets again A Night with Heroes, November thirteenth at six thirty The website once again, South Dakota Alliance dot org and I've got a link to make it really easy to find at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Suit Falls Newsy Something you should Know. Something you should Know. It is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com