Speaker 1: Uncensored, unfiltered, fun hinged gull Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the Corell Cast. I am the Corral, so very glad you are joining me. Happy Monday, ladies and gentlemen. On the almost the last week of It is the last week of the month, because next week is December. This week is Thanksgiving. So since this week is Thanksgiving, I'm going to be in the kitchen a lot, because so are you. I am not cooking Thanksgiving this year. I'm going to be buying it from No Butcher because Tony me, Steve and I. Steve's going to get a non vegan meal and I'm going to get a vegan meal and then we'll just get together neat. And that sounds kind of sad, but you know what Andrew once told me when I was disappointed on my birthday that only two people had showed up plus him for my birthday, that one day I would really really regret being upset about that, that I would welcome just two people.
Speaker 3: And he was so right.
Speaker 2: So I'm so lucky to have Steve at least here on Thanksgiving to get together with. And I was invited to Hannah's down in Los Angeles with twelve people. But you know that would invite flying and traveling over Thanksgiving and eh NIX and.
Speaker 3: This week here in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: This last weekend was the Formula One, which was IX, so I kind of stayed close to home. We did go to a lovely high tea at Cobblestone Cottage. I did take some video and later in the week I'll show you that high tea. If you have a tea house where you live, go to high Tea.
Speaker 3: You're so blessed. If you can.
Speaker 2: It's like fifty bucks so which nowadays isn't really that much for anything, is it. But go if you can, And if you're in Vegas, there's a couple places to do it for a family feel that's really great. I highly recommend the Cobblestone Cottage. And the woman that owns it is a chef. You know, the Waldorf has it over on the Strip and they have their corporate chefs all that. This woman is a chef and she can actually accommodate for you. She accommodated vegan for me and it was delicious. So I had a pretty decent weekend there and then I got really depressed on Sunday, I did the Trump cabinet. News just continues to be a NonStop, you know, cavalcade of idiots. I have extensively been researching moving out of the country, but I'm kind of afraid to move out of the country by myself. I'm sixty two, and you know, when you age, things look a lot different than when you're in your thirties. If I were thirty five right now, I'd be sure, let's leave, But it's sixty two.
Speaker 3: You're kind of met some meds.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that has come out of the election, and has come out of just culture is that no one can afford anything right now. You really can't. And grocery prices are out of control, and the Trump administration certainly isn't going to do anything to lower them. You know, there was a climate change summit over the weekend, and they all agreed on this bill that they're patting themselves on the back for, you know, three hundred billion dollars given to emerging nations. They actually requested a trillion dollars because they said that three hundred billion is not going to put a dent into what African nations and Latin American nations. Developing countries are going to need and you know, climate change directly affects grocery prices. You know, in Wales this weekend there was a horrible flood. I'm trying to get hold of my friend Larry Flick and make sure he is okay. And climate change is directly going to affect food prices. And this this last weekend, all these world you know leaders got together to come up with this, Oh, let's reduce our you know, dependence on fossil fuel. They've been saying this shit every year and they don't do anything. And climate change is getting worse and worse and worse, and subsequently food is going up and up. Look at olive oil and Avocada oil. You know, here's my olive oil. And this much olive oil is twenty five dollars. That's more than an hour salary for the average person.
Speaker 3: Just to buy olive oil.
Speaker 2: So one of the things I want to do this week, since you are in the kitchen, is sort of help you make things.
Speaker 3: A little easier and a little cheaper.
Speaker 2: This bottle of Ketchup the Hunts one hundred percent natural Ketchup, thirty eight ounces was eight dollars and fifty cents. That's how much it is at the store. Okay, you can get cheap ketchup for three four dollars. You can, but I prefer all natural ingredients, no high froud toast, corn syrup and all of that.
Speaker 3: So a bottle this size, you know, candemn me in between five and ten dollars for freaking ketchup. Now.
Speaker 2: Ketchup is a sort of all American staple. I don't recommend eating a ton of it. It's got a lot of sugar in it, but it is a very good sauce to have with various things.
Speaker 3: Ketchup pears is a sauce.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to show you how to do it very very affordably, make it extraordin nar delicious and have a lot of it for cheap. So I've written down this recipe and here's all you gotta do. Get your slow cooker. This is the inner to my slow cooker. I have a ninja aura. Okay, by the way, this is not a quick recipe, so you're not going to see the result until later. But get yourself your slow cooker.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This can at smart and final. Okay, we all have those six pounds was four dollars for six pounds. It's enough to make a ton of ketchup and have a lot left over for sauce. So here we have fifty six ounces of canned crushed tomatoes. You can use five pounds of fresh tomatoes if you like. One cup of water. Oh, this is a yeah double X. I'm sorry, so yeah, okay, I'm sorry. I doubled up the recipe. I want to make sure we do the single. So this is fifty six ounces of crushed tomatoes, half a cup of water. We have half a cup a little more than half a cup about two thirds cup of white vinegar, one teaspoon of onion powder one teaspoon or okay, let me let me start at the beginning. I wan't get your messed up. I'm doing because I'm having this as I go. Fifty six ounces of crushed tomato, half a cup of water, a little more than half a cup of brown sugar, Okay, a little bit like a half a cup plus a tablespoon or two of brown sugar, and then basically the same amount of distilled white vinegar to one teaspoon of onion powder, one teaspoon of garlic powder, one and a half teaspoons of salt, quarter teaspoon of mustard powder. I used an eighth of a teaspoon of mustard powder. I don't like it to overpower. I wrote a quarter teaspoon. But if I were you, I'd use an.
Speaker 3: Eighth of a teaspoon of mustard.
Speaker 2: Powder, a quarter teaspoon of pepper, a quarter teaspoon of chili powder, and one clove. And I ran out. So you can just do a little ground clove if you want. And the clove is really just for favor.
Speaker 3: So all you do. This is how easy this is.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you don't have an evulsion mixer, you know those hand mixers, one of these right here, which I'll be using later. Why I didn't take it out. If you don't have one of these, you can use your blender. Okay, So take your fifty six ounces of tomatoes there, they are all beautifully diced. Put them in your slow cooker pot. You're going to set your slow cooker on high. By the way, then you want to take your half cup of water and rinse out the container you had your tomatoes in, just to get all the juicy goodness Okay, Then you're going to take your half a cup post two tablespoons of brown sugar. Some places will tell you to use white sugar. I like the syrup that's left in the brown sugar, So use a half a cup plus two tablespoons of brown sugar. Then your one teaspoon of onion powder. You're half a teaspoon of garlic powder, your one and a half teaspoons of salt, your eighth of a teaspoon of cel re salt, eighth of a teaspoon of mustard powder, quarter teaspoon of pepper.
Speaker 3: A little bit of clove.
Speaker 2: Okay, put that in there, and then for fun, squirt some saracha, some cock sauce as I call it, and I call it cock sauce because there's a rooster on it. Now, this was a victim of climate change. They didn't have the red saracha sauce for almost a year because they couldn't get the chilies to make it. It went off the market for a year, and you could you had to buy it on eBay for lots of money. The stores have it again, but again, this was a victim of climate change. Now it's back, okay, So squirt that in there, and that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it. Put that on your slow.
Speaker 2: Cooker on hot for two to four hours and you're going to our.
Speaker 3: Six hours eight hours. You want it to reduce death.
Speaker 2: Okay, you could put this on the stovetop, bring it to a boil and then stimmer it.
Speaker 3: For an hour stirrups. But what do you want to do is cook it down? All right, we'll be right back with more fun. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Want to support the Corel Cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corarel channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Corell, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 1: If you're not visiting reallycorrell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back on this Thanksgiving week to the Correll Cast. So the other condiment that is getting very expensive is mayonnaise. This jar of Best Foods plant based mayo is advertised for twelve dollars. I got it for five dollars on sale, but it's advertised for twelve dollars. And vegan A's is between nine and twelve dollars, and mayonnaise, of course, is really easy to make even if you're not a vegan. It's just eggs and oil really, But when you're doing a vegan you got to do it a different way, which I'm going to show you. I did want to go back to as we're doing this though, and being here in the kitchen. By the way, all you're gonna need for this is a blender. I did want to go back and talk about this climate accord and how all of this is directly affected by climate change. This avocado oil, which is a good alternative to olive oil, is almost as expensive as olive oil. The prices of oils are directly affected by what's going on in the world when it comes to climate. We have to eat, Okay, whether you're MAGA or whether you're a Republican Democrat, whatever you are, you gotta eat. And as we progress through the years here, as we're about to be in twenty twenty five, we are not paying enough attention to our food. We really are not. And you know, I want you all to be vegan. But it's not just that. It's where the food is grown, how the food is grown, for instance, this whole holiday, this whole week, is about the time that the Native Americans fed the illegal immigrants.
Speaker 3: That's what it's about.
Speaker 2: Anyone that tells you differently at this Thanksgiving, don't don't have dinner with them. This was about the Native Americans feeding the illegal immigrants who had come to this country unprepared, and the Native Americans helped them with what food? Because food is a basic universal need. And on this Thanksgiving, if you have food, if you can afford a Thanksgiving dinner, if you have friends and family coming over, you are so lucky you count your lucky stars.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we.
Speaker 2: All love mayonnaise on a sandwich or to make for other recipes or whatever it might be. I don't need a ton of it. This jar will last me a long time. In fact, the man as I'm gonna make today i'll just add to this jar.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: By the way, I've developed a new recipe here and I haven't tried this out. So you and I are going to we're gonna do this together, okay and see if it works.
Speaker 3: But I think it's going to.
Speaker 2: Okay, First, you want to have a half a cup of soy milk. Now, soy milk I use because a it's and I make the soy milk from soybeans in my meal Matt Soy milk maker. So half a cup of soy milk, put that right in there. I used to try to make it with aquafaba because to me, aqua faba is high in protein and mimix egg whites.
Speaker 3: But today I'm gonna try soy milk.
Speaker 2: Then you need some vinegar, and this is a tablespoon of red wine vinegar. Gonna throw that in there. Then you need some salt and a dass of sugar. So a quarter teaspoon of fine sea salt and an eighth of a teaspoon of sugar, throw that in there. Then for some flavor, one and a half teaspoons of Dijon mustard and one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, throw that in there.
Speaker 3: I don't see how this taste.
Speaker 2: Again, I haven't made this particular. I just I'd bastardized a couple of recipes to come up with this.
Speaker 3: And then one cup.
Speaker 2: Let's hope we don't waste it, because it's liquid gold. Eight ounces of avocado oil, so in that goes. Okay, Now all we're gonna do is put this? I wonder if my blender will reach over here. Let's see as we do our thanks now, I just want to tell you on this Thanksgiving I'm out of the picture. I just want to tell you, though, on this Thanksgiving, even though I'm out of the picture, how much you all mean to me, and how thankful I am to have you all in my world, because I really truly am, and you patrons, really truly, you patrons are the ones that I love and adore, as I love and adore all of you, but you patrons really make it worthwhile. So I do you want to put any other spices? If you want, flavored mayonnaise, whatever you can. So let's put this here. Now it's gonna get noisy, so I will turn off the microphone for this part. But use your blender and let it blend, baby, just let it blend.
Speaker 3: Put it on high.
Speaker 4: Of course, here we go, all right, So it's going over there, and I know you can hear it, and we're just gonna let it whip until it's amulsified.
Speaker 2: Let's whip it, baby, Let's whip it right. By the way, how many of you have a noisy kitchen? I have a noisy kitchen, annoisy kitchen is a sign of love.
Speaker 3: Honey. All right, it's going, it's working. It's starting to thicken. Gonna by the.
Speaker 2: Way, what's in this, oh Lord? A whole lot of stuff that I can't pronounce. All right, not thick yet, keep it going, alrighty, So my ninja shuts off after one minute, so you want to just do it again?
Speaker 3: All right, it's going, it's carrying on. It's natural. It's good for you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not good for you fat, really, but tasty fat. And it's starting to embolse upon. And we're gonna have to start making our staples more and more as the prices go up and up. You know, there's just no two ways about that. All right, it's going. I'm so excited about it. What do you accitt about this? Thanks kidding, I've read dish you're making that you really.
Speaker 3: Are gonna love.
Speaker 2: I'm loving all the pumpkin pie and pumpkin stuff, pumpkin baby.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, we're almost a minute number two. Oh oh, I hear.
Speaker 2: It's starting to do something over there. Good Lord, is gonna take off into the universe. All right, let's check it. After two minutes and see how liquidy it is.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm excited, all right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, I've done it.
Speaker 3: I have done it. I have made the mayonnaise. Look at that. Look at that? Do you see that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it is mayonnaise. Honey, it's mayonnaise time. Well, let's give it a taste. Let's see how good this mayonnaise is.
Speaker 3: Look at that? Look at that. All right, let's taste it. It's is gonna be oily, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is the best taste. That tastes better than best foods. Oh my god, I'm gonna let it go just a little bit thicker, but oh my god, that's some good shit. I have made some delicious, delicious mayonnaise. And all I did was whip around some oil with some soy milk and some vinegar and some spices. Again, it's half a cup of soy milk, one tablespoon of red or white wine vinegar, a quarter teaspoon sea salt. One don't I have teaspoon dijon mustard, one teaspoon lemon juice, one cup of neutral oil like safflour, avocado, sunflower. I had safflour, by the way, I love safflower oil, and then a pinch of sugar to make your day last long. And you get this creamy, delicious, wonderful vegan mayonnaise. And it costs you the price of a cup of oil. Now that ain't cheap, by the way, but it's not nine to twelve dollars. No, it did not make this much. I could make this much if I wanted to, But don't you find that fresher is better. So make small batches of mayonnaise, and then after you use that batch, make another batch.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And as I said, staples are going to become something that we're going to have to start making ourselves because they're just getting to be too much. So in the future, I'm going to show you how to make some barbecue sauce and other things that you should have in your refrigerator on hand for if you want to cook and if you want to eat.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll finish up with our last segment when we come back. It is the Monday of Thanksgiving week.
Speaker 2: I am in the kitchen where I love to be, and I hope that you are going to be in the kitchen where you love to be or if you don't want to be in the kitchen, I hope you're going to just treat yourself with something fun and picktacular this week.
Speaker 3: All right, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Hey, Corel here and I'd like to take a moment to stay all the patrons at Patreon, your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, Really Corel, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash Really Corell. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablets. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, Really Corel. Thanks from thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog.
Speaker 3: And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 2: All righty, welcome back to the Carell Cast. I'm gonna be in the kitchen a lot this week because it's Thanksgiving Week, and sitting before me is a familiar sight on Thanksgiving week groceries. First of all, here's my mayonnaise, and it looks delicious. I still think it's a little a little thin, but I'm gonna let it refrigerate and see if it thickens up a little bit, and if it doesn't, that also whip it some more because it's just oiled. Don't forget to stir your ketchup every hour. I will show you the results of that tomorrow on tomorrow's show, because you know that's it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The only good thing, you know, how groceries are so expensive. The only good thing that happened is they had two pineapples on sale for three dollars, not each, but three dollars total. Now, as you know, I love tropical fruit, pineapples, mangoes. Did you know that this pineapple takes three years? I have these growing on my patio and you know how you do that? Twist this off, Okay, remove the leaves from right down here, remove those leaves and stick this in the dirt and in three and water it, and in three years you'll have a pineapple. Three years it takes to go from this to a pineapple. I have so many growing that I hate throwing these away. Because I'm throwing away a pineapple, I'm throwing away another pineapple. I'm throwing away another plant. But I don't have any more room in my planters.
Speaker 3: So I got to throw it away. But that's what you do.
Speaker 2: You just twist off the top, peel off those bottom leaves, put it in some dirt, water it, and you're going to get a pineapple in three years. But I hope you have new appreciation for the pineapple. It takes three years to grow one. This amount of groceries right here with sixty dollars, and there's nothing special in it. The one thing that we're going to do this week is make tofurky. We're going to make homemade tofurky. So if you want to make a toe faf for tomorrow, we're gonna make tofurkey. So if you want to make a tofurkey loaf.
Speaker 3: You can. And one of the things you're gonna need.
Speaker 2: Is spring roll wrappers because that goes around the outside of your tofurkey, so you can brush on the stuff to brown it up.
Speaker 3: So those are going to.
Speaker 2: Go on the outside. Raspberries were hugely on sale. They were two for four dollars. But here's the problem with raspberries. They go bad like immediately, so I'm really they do in the refrigerator. So I'll be eating these over the next couple of days. So and that celery salt because I just used the rest of it in the what was it the mayonnaise or the ketchup?
Speaker 3: The Ketchup? I used it in the Ketchup. Ooh look, raspberries got away. M oh hell lovely.
Speaker 2: Then for the tofurkey, we use rusted potatoes. I don't know what mutant farm these were on right, I'm not sure, but those are mute and potatoes. So, and then a bag of lemons. To have lemon juice every morning in a glass of twelve ounces of water, one tablespoon of lemon juice every morning before you eat anything. Bananas. Where did these come from? Where are these Mexico? So these come from Mexico. How many frequent flour miles do my bananas have? You know, look at where all this stuff comes from. These onions are from California, and then these bananas are from Mexico. These lemons are a product of the USA. Doesn't say where what else have we got in here? These pears bartlet pear grown joyfully.
Speaker 3: In Peru? How many months?
Speaker 2: See even as a vegan, you know the miles required. And one of the reasons these things are grown all over the world is climate change. These are Baba loo Berry Farm since nineteen sixty two, the same year I was born, Oxnard, California. Probably been by there. That's good, but it still had to get to Vegas, which is three four hundred miles. I don't know where tofu comes from Heaven. I guess where does this come from? Packaged by Kroger, Cincinnati, Ohio. So this tofu had to come from Ohio. And then hopefully these oranges are from California. Please be a product of Sun Pacific Florida. So think about that when you're in your kitchen. Think about how in today's world you don't give that a second thought. You know, you don't give a thought of like how long did it take all of my stuff to get here? These oranges came from Florida all the way across the country, three thousand miles. These came from Mexico, added another thousand miles. Then that's four thousand miles. And then we've got Oxnard, California three hundred miles. And then we've got Cincinnati another what eight nine hundred one thousand miles. On this table alone, we've got like five six thousand miles in frequent flyer miles just from fruits and vegetables. All of this should be grown in Nevada. We should have vertical gardens, hydroponic gardens, temperature controlled gardens where we can grow all of this here. Fossil fuel and the transportation of fuel of our food is a huge contributor to climate change. And this weekend when they all agreed on their little climate change deal, they did not address food at all. But food is the number one contributor to climate change.
Speaker 3: So this week at.
Speaker 2: Thanksgiving, think about, as you sit at that table, where did that turkey come from? You know, hopefully you're not eating a turkey, but if you are, how many miles did it fly to get to your table? The cranberries probably came from the East Coast. I don't mean the singers they came from Scotland, but you know, the cranberries probably came from the East coast.
Speaker 3: And you're dressing. Where was that bread maid? Los Angeles, Texas? Where are the vegetables that you're serving? Where were those potatoes? The Russet's I don't know where they were grown mars. I think you see the size of them. I think they're mutants. They're probably grown into a nuclear power plant. But Chernobyl is where the where are they? These are Chernobyl? Look at this, Jesus Christ, look at that. Here's my head, here's it's a huge potato.
Speaker 2: These of course Hawaii, So four thousand miles that way, So now we're bringing almost up to ten thousand miles if we go with my pineapples. That's a lot of jet fuel. That's a lot of fossil fuel inside the trucks that then truck it from the port or from the airport. Did they come on boats? Perhaps, but produces you can't really ship it on boats because.
Speaker 3: It takes a long time.
Speaker 2: So that's another issue of climate change that was not addressed this weekend.
Speaker 3: You know, everyone's talking about.
Speaker 2: The rabbi that was killed in the UAE and oh Net and Yah who's calling it a hate crime. Well, Net and Yah who's a criminal. There's a rest warrant out against him. So whatever, you know. And I'm gonna try to not think about all that stuff this week because I don't know about you, but I've been in a depression of funk. I had a great time at tea on Saturday, and then Sunday I fell right into a funk. I've been listening to Barbara Streisand's book like NonStop on audio. I'm like ten hours into it, learning lots about Babs, getting inspired, finding that she goes through a lot of the same stuff I go through and that you probably go through in terms of family life and home life and even career. She goes through a lot of the same things that we do. So that's that's where I'm trying to gravitate this week. All right, all right, I am Corell. You'll be who you want to be, So London hurt anybody. I hope you don't mind us being in the kitchen this week, because we're gonna be and we're gonna have fun while being in the kitchen this week, so today you learned how to make them.
Speaker 3: Which is here going to go in the refrigerator, and you know, maybe I will.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna emocify this more before I put it in the refrigerator.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Although you know, mayonnaise isn't supposed to be as thick as the mayonnaise that you get in the grocery store. You know, this looks like a good mayonnaise. So I'm just gonna keep that. And it's so tasty, it was so good, Oh my god. And over there we have the catch up just to Bruin, and I would just like to say to you, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week, whether you hear all four days with me or I'm not gonna be here Thursday. By the way, We're just gonna do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week and Thursday Friday.
Speaker 3: I'm taking off for a holiday. That's one thing. Streisand said she never gave her her son was more or no.
Speaker 2: One of her plays closed on Christmas. Funny Girl closed down December twenty fifth. It closed on Christmas, so she was working Christmas. And she said she's said that she missed a lot of holidays, so I'm gonna start giving much uff holidays.
Speaker 3: So this week we will not have Thursday and find I am krall. Do you want to be something? Hur anybody? Mama will see you tomorrow. Will You'll see the results of the cats up.
Speaker 2: And learn how to make a soferti roll and talk topics.
Speaker 3: Just talk to them in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours.
Speaker 1: Listen daily to the.
Speaker 5: Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours.
Speaker 1: Listen daily to the
Speaker 5: Corell cast on your favorite streaming service.