Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Kelly.
Speaker 3: We're live on YouTube, we're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app, and we're live on Instagram.
Speaker 4: And this kind of.
Speaker 3: Kind of relevant to what we're going to talk about now as Marsha Collier joins us in studio on this Tech Thursday, and we're gonna have this big reveal of Marshall because I hear from people all the time now who watch our YouTube channels like we got to see Marsha and the beautiful red hair. So Marsha Callier, welcome. Is great to see you and your hair.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you man, thank you. My hair does not have its own Twitter account anymore, but it used to somehow.
Speaker 4: I believe that in the aughts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody put that up here. Oh yeah. So there's lots of going on in tech this week, and I think it's well, I think it's finally time we face up to the fact of AI.
Speaker 3: Do we have to Is it as inescapable as some people would say.
Speaker 4: There's certain facets where we can't escape.
Speaker 3: It's on our phone, it's in obviously our computers. It's a lot of these processes that we in the Internet of Things.
Speaker 5: You've just mentioned everything I.
Speaker 3: Know, so that answers the question. I guess, Yeah, there's no fighting it. But is there a way that we can better use it?
Speaker 5: Well, let me just yeah, And I'm going to help with that because I've been playing with it. Because I don't want to tell it too much. I'm very careful with what I say. I stepped in easy. There's a website called bake Space. They have an AI bot called bake Bot, which will help you prepare meals based on what you have in your refrigerator. They also will have you that's intriguing if you need to substitute you know, I'm not I don't, but I understand that you can like substitute flour for something else, or eggs for oil or something. And they have an AI computer. If you have a you're in a jam and you're cooking something, you want to ask it, you know, can I sell what can I substitute? So that's at bakespace dot com and very easy.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this for someone who doesn't understand the subtleties, what's the difference between asking AI and just putting in the search engine what's the substitute for eggs if you don't have eggs?
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the story. First, of all, search engines that are specialized. For example, if you have a medical search engine, you know, and you're sick, one that's generally trained can tell you a little bit of everything, but not particularly what you're looking for. So if you want to train a cooking one and the bakes I see the bake about right there. Yeah, it's great with the recipe tools and everything. But when you're typing in on chat GPT, which I find not to be as good as some of the others, but it's a good place to start because you're not afraid of it and talk to it type like you're talking to somebody.
Speaker 4: Conversational language.
Speaker 5: Conversational language, make believe it's a person.
Speaker 4: That's okay, we'll wait. It happens to the best of us.
Speaker 3: But as you were saying, Marsha Krer, you want to talk to it as if we're having a casual conversation and not we're trying. We're not trying to make it too sophisticated, too stilted. But what difference does that make?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, the thing is if you want need it to make a decision.
Speaker 4: Ah, okay, you ask it.
Speaker 5: I have to make a decision about fill in the blank. What are the choices that I need and way the choices I have as to which will give me the better benefit. Okay, so that's that's important. If you're overwhelmed with your day, you have too much stuff scheduled, say I'm overwhelmed. I can't make it through my day. I have to accomplish this, this, this, this, this, and then hopefully it will give you exactly how it works. Now, I find that chat GPT is a little more commercially oriented, and not in a good way. For example, when I do my podcast, I try to come up with a good title. Titles are really hard and put podcast. You can make your show notes, but the title it's often difficult. So I will go to chat GPT and I'll say can you please, and I even say, please give me a podcast episode title for these show notes, and chat GPT always comes up with these hokey clickbaiting things.
Speaker 3: Well, when you say these show notes, how are you in putting that information in the chat CHPT?
Speaker 4: You're just typing it all in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you could be talking it if you're using your phone. Okay, yeah, so you could do that, but I found that it doesn't do a great job for that for me. I honestly find as difficult as X is to deal with that, GROC is a lot better and a lot more personal and gives you better answers if you're having a conversation and you don't understand how that other person is going to react. Literally, you type in I have to have a conversation with Moe. We're talking about filling the blank Moe Kelly. I'll put in your full name so that way it may pick up information that's already in the AI about you, and you know it might come back and say, well, I don't you think you should do this because that just might piss.
Speaker 4: Off Mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: But then how beholden do you think people are to the suggestions as to get ready to go to break to the suggestions the recommendations, because it's almost like, yeah, they could put it out there, but there's there's no level of responsibility for the accuracy exactly.
Speaker 5: And AI wants to answer no matter what, and it's going to give you an answer, whether it's writ or not is a different story. And you also have to consider when I just told you I have to have a discussion with mo Kelly. Now the AI knows that I know Moe Kelly and that I have to have a discussion with him. So you see, I've just fed information into the AI. So it will help you. You're having problems in a relationship, it will help you. Just write like you're writing to a.
Speaker 4: Friend, AI the love doctor.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's there.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that AI plays a role in online therapy already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely well, but college students are using it as life coaches.
Speaker 4: That just confounds me.
Speaker 5: Well, like helping them make decisions, you know. And you can ask the AI to ask you questions and these are universal things you can do over all the different AIS and test them out like jem and I from Google or whatever, and realize which one is going to give you the best answers in the end.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: And chat cheap is just easy to practice with because it's simple, simple to use. You don't have to go anywhere fancy. You just go to chat, GPT, dot AI and that's it.
Speaker 4: I guess I'll try it out. I have been.
Speaker 3: I admit I'm always slow on the uptick. If only because I'm not a quick adopter of technology. I want other people to be the guinea pigs. I want them to be the beta testers me too, and then I'll jump into the pool me too.
Speaker 5: But I did it myself, and I've been trying little by little. I don't mention any real names, but right I'm working on it, and I've found it useful in certain cases. But I think you always have to lean back on the good brain your mother gave you.
Speaker 3: When we come back, I know Tilla Sharp is going to be thrilled to know the flying Car is actually here.
Speaker 5: It's here, Come on, It's here. Come on music Stefan.
Speaker 3: We need some sort like Celebritory trumpets or something, trumpet fanfare me come back.
Speaker 4: The Flying Car. When we come back, it's Later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: I'm joined in studio by Marshall Callier KFI AM six forty, YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: KFI AM six forty is Later with mo Kelly on YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app. Marsha Callier joins me in studios. We continue this tech Thursday, Marsha. There's a rumor going around that the Jetsons are finally here, the flying car is finally here. I grew up with all sorts of sci fi shows and television shows movies depicting this advanced future world where a flying car would be commonplace.
Speaker 4: We haven't quite gotten there, but that might be changing.
Speaker 5: That's what they say. But before I go into the details of it, let's do the Mow and Marsha version, Okay, which is you're going to get into that thing?
Speaker 4: Oh hails, No, I won't even get into a way more. You think I want to get into a hell of car.
Speaker 5: Hell, I mean no, And this needs a runway. They can now they these will only go from airport to airport, because I.
Speaker 4: Don't care if it goes from house to house. I'm not getting in one.
Speaker 5: Well. The aircar, and it was developed in Slovakia, could ship as early as twenty twenty six. Klein Vision is the company they passed, spent the past three decades developing the car, and it's completed over one hundred and seventy flight hours and more than five hundred takeoffs and landing. Some of they just.
Speaker 3: Called a Sessna with you know, with wheels or something. It looks like a typical you know, propeller plane, just with a body of a car as opposed.
Speaker 4: To a cockpit.
Speaker 5: Well, this video that I'm sure we're not going to see the whole thing.
Speaker 4: No, but you got to go to Utia to check it out.
Speaker 5: When the wings retract and co go in, it's kind of it's kind of interesting. They become part of the body. It's kind of like a transformer.
Speaker 6: Looks like mock five from speed Racer, but that's something different, that's real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just it just it looks like a car played. Okay, now watch this at mister mo Kelly on YouTube.
Speaker 3: You can see it how it retracts its wings and it then just turns into a conventional.
Speaker 4: Car for the most part. Yeah, that's actually that's pretty cool. Oh, it's very cool. It's very cool. And I'm not getting into one. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not, I'm not. Supposedly, the top speed is one hundred and twenty four miles per hour on the road and one hundred and fifty five miles per hour in the air, with a maximum flight range of about a thousand kilometers, which is six.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess it's going to go to Vegas or something that that would seem I could be conducive to that.
Speaker 5: Now you're ready to buy one from the mo Kelly Show, right.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what's the price? Is it under five hundred thousand? Do they list the price between eight hundred thousand and a million?
Speaker 4: Between?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: And hell?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm rather no no, huh no, I might as well just go ahead and charter my own private jet that they much cheaper, much cheaper, and I would be you know, I just.
Speaker 4: Use it when I need to use it.
Speaker 3: Because you think about flying car, how many places are you going to.
Speaker 4: Fly on a given day or a given week or a given month.
Speaker 5: But here we're let's discuss right here the elephants in the room that they don't even talk about all the time when we talk about flying private airplanes. Is it going to kill you if you're so rich to be in first class on a plane? Or do you want to burn all the carbon in the world so that the rest of us can't water our lawns because we have to preserve stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I don't give a damn about the environment, or you know, global warming and I know that really irritates Mark.
Speaker 4: But but it's true. I'm not listening, but it's true.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I don't know about the utility of a car that flies and can't get you more than maybe two New Mexico or something.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. Where are you going?
Speaker 5: You were talking earlier about that flying bus to go to the Olympics. Yeah, yeah, holds four people.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 5: I really don't think that that's a valuable use.
Speaker 3: No, I mean of carbon I look, if you're a billionaire, knock yourself out. You're the coolest guy. You can go to your garage toys. Yeah, and you can fly to UFCS six D.
Speaker 5: Then don't lecture the rest of us on our use because we need air conditioning, I need heating. Yes, Uh, don't tell don't tell me that my my house has to be seventy four degrees at all.
Speaker 4: Times, preach preacher.
Speaker 5: No, it's true, you know, and i'd believe politicians a little bit more if they stuck to the rules they wanted to.
Speaker 4: You said, I would believe politicians more.
Speaker 3: You give them way more credit to be because I don't believe politicians at all. So to say that I would believe politicians more is to say that I believe them on some level to begin with.
Speaker 5: That's true. But you see, in the olden days it was different. We had a president that was in a wheelchair if you are, and nobody knew.
Speaker 3: But you know the feasibility of that today with the cameras and the twenty four hour news cycle, and I would say the But.
Speaker 5: The point is he got his job done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't think he would be able to be elected today. There's that issue too. I just don't think it'd be possible.
Speaker 3: That's actually going to be part of my final thoughts tonight about I think we've gone so far. I know this is a diversion, but I think we've gone so far down the road where nothing matters except for the things that don't matter.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly, and we have to start paying attention. You know. We can laugh at people all we want, but I got to tell you the food here in this country. When I bring back the same brand food from England, it has one quarter the ingredients than the American one. It's unbelievable. And I just wanted to do the same brand real quick. If maybe Mom or anybody out there got a new smartphone and Android phone. This is my book, and I think you're gonna love it. I know it's Android Smartphones for Seniors for Dummies, but the thing is, I think that it will appeal to you, because who wants to read three hundred and eighty pages of everything in the world about a phone? You just need to know me. That's most spends said it trying to find something new. But it's nice and big, nice big type, not not large type, but nice and big type. It's in full color, and I think you're really gonna like it. So if you want it, it's of course on Amazon everywhere else and makes a great gift.
Speaker 4: Android again, please.
Speaker 5: Android Smartphones for Seniors for Dummies, and they can find you and the book where Marcia Collier dot com marsha is always great to see you, and I know the people in our YouTube chat absolutely love you and it's understandably so thank you so much.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week hopefully, yes live well. I say we missed you last week. That's why I got asked you.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I know this terrible flu anybody else who has it. I hope you're gonna get better real soon.
Speaker 4: We'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: It's Later with Moe Kelly KFI AM six forty Live everywhere, in the iHeartRadio app and on YouTube.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty and