Speaker 1: All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment is brought to you by roller Town beer Works and Man five years in Baby, and we are celebrating our conniversary April ninth through the thirteenth at the brewery. It is twenty percent off all beer to go while supplies last. And I'm looking at the selection. It's like october Fest that we love. La Cold Ipa, Choco Libre, the Hazy, the West Coast Lagger goll you an incredible selection here, the mango, Habannaro, sour nectaronn on and on and on, anything that we got canned. We are doing twenty percent off as part of our canniversary. Thanking you for supporting us all these years, especially when we launched and the pandemic happened and we had to shut everything down. So get on up to Rollertown beer Works this week for twenty percent off all to go beer as part of our canniversary celebration. Of course, follow Rollertown beer Works on all the socials to keep up to date on everything we be doing. But right now it's time for this again. The thing's big. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the main topic, of the big finish to do. Have one more thing from the wayback machine that I think we should at least take a look at. This comes from I think a year ago Jeff skin Wade on the air doing a Frankel spot and then something happened.
Speaker 1: It got me a nice cash settlement. Yes they did. In fact, there's such good people. They're not gonna mind when I have a sneeze fit right now, they don't even care have it again. Oh yeah, I think I'm better now. Franklin frankl have been doing this for thirty years. That's helping people to get into bad spot because they've been hurting wreck or hold on. Someone sneezed while they were driving and then they looked up and then someone's driving recklessly next to them and then smashed into the and then they were hurt and they there we go, Oh.
Speaker 3: This is incredible, This is incredible. What would you do if you were in that situation? You would call Franklin frankl at two one four, three, three, three thirty three thirty three. Uh.
Speaker 1: They've helped so many people over the years.
Speaker 3: Maybe right back, yeah, there it is, Yeah, by bless you. They've helped a lot of people that have been in that situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, geez, I tell the ladies, I can sneeze five times.
Speaker 2: It is way more satisfying to just sneeze and get it out, though, than when you're ready and it doesn't happen and you're like, damn it, I know what's in there.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can have a heart failure if you hold back of sneeze. Really, I don't know. Okay, so is that a health tip or not?
Speaker 2: H And also this one came from the world of news. I'm not sure where this was, but it's from a wall back. Just give a little a feisty lady on the news.
Speaker 1: All right, So what's in store for today? We got team coverage for you. We're gonna start things off with less cryptin. Hey, don't splash, come on, that's rude, man, it got wet. Sorry, but oh man, I'll throw you.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, guys, let me tell you what.
Speaker 1: I immediately need to know. What all these people look like? Yeah, she sounded hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those other guys are gruesome looking fellas, and she's smoking hot of.
Speaker 3: Course, how about you say that we'll just for your imagery, okay, just for okay?
Speaker 1: Does do it for you? Yeah? They look like Ron Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Wait, and why, I'm why, why do you have to mention that they're a man that we've all seen nude many times.
Speaker 1: Because Katie's a narcoleptic and so is Ron Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Of course, yeah, but he's a bad guy and we've learned that over time. It's bad things.
Speaker 1: He's your brother narcolepsy, and you always have his back.
Speaker 2: Me and him.
Speaker 1: Cammel Forst.
Speaker 2: Texas linebacker Sergio Kendalls, Ye Steven Jenkins, lead singer of third eyeblind.
Speaker 1: I just assumed. I just assumed those guys were gay. I'll dry you off.
Speaker 4: They made a huge deal about that.
Speaker 1: They sure did, like that Dave when I got drunk at your apartment last week. I'd like to talk.
Speaker 2: About digital clutter for a minute with you guys, because I think Christina and I have a problem with the way you guys go about.
Speaker 1: Things on your phones, right or just life. This has been ever ange time they've seen underneath the sheets where all the dirt is.
Speaker 2: But a new survey claims that the average person has over one thousand unread emails, twelve unread text messages, and seventeen unread social media.
Speaker 1: Notifications, and that's enough.
Speaker 2: Let's leave that off. Just to the twelve unread text messages. I've very rarely had more than ten unread text mess I never had more than one. If it's and if it's more ten, I get through it immediately and like what you know. But and usually maybe it's just one. Maybe it's the show group chat that I've missed.
Speaker 1: You know, No, I see it's your prot that's the one that you don't pay attention to.
Speaker 2: You Sometimes I miss some stuff. I told you, guys, trying to do less screen time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then how do you have? You have what ten thousand?
Speaker 3: I have one thousand, two hundred and sixty two quote unquote unread text messages.
Speaker 1: I don't understand I have. You don't understand I have one and seventy one.
Speaker 4: So that number is just staring at you, guys, every time you open your phone, and you just let it get bigger.
Speaker 1: Here's why.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, because we're ven and skinned, we.
Speaker 1: We're kind of a big deal.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Our homes smell of mahogany and rich leather, leatherbound books. But if you're a prisoner to the technology on your phone, if you worry about that number. Like, for instance, I see somebody, just Amanda, who works here, just texted us and said thanks earlier, right, she said thanks.
Speaker 2: I'm not ever included on any of those chains.
Speaker 3: Well, it missed all the point, and so I said I didn't. I just was working, and so I didn't have to go in and click on it. I saw the whole thing, right, So now I've received that message and I have seen it, but I don't have to go in and click it, so the iPhone knows I've seen it. I don't care about their count, like, how do you guys make it through election season?
Speaker 1: I don't get that many. I don't get that much stuff.
Speaker 4: No, it bugs me to have things left like I intentionally, if I know I need to get back to a message, I will leave it on unread so I remember to go back to it.
Speaker 1: That's fair. There's I think to Ben's point, I bet the vast majority of these messages that are in here we've seen. We just didn't click on him exactly because there is so much stuff where someone says thanks or gotcha, or there's a you know, an emoji of a vegetable that looks like a penis right, Like there's just a lot of stuff you can just look and see and you don't need to click on it. Now. The problem would be if they said thanks and then they hit the return button three times said, by the way, I have something very important to tell you about some blood testers that you would miss that, right, But in general, I don't think these are a bunch of messages that I care about. In other words, just someone going yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: The red icon doesn't bother you, right, I mean it bothers me, It bothers the Jesus at.
Speaker 1: It doesn't bother me at all.
Speaker 3: Like here's like so many messages are somebody just loving your message or whatever. I have a new message that, oh, my friend loved the message I sent him. I don't have to click on that. I don't care. I've now seen what he was trying to communicate with me. The iPhone doesn't own me. I don't have to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: How many phone messages unheard phone messages do you have?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: None?
Speaker 4: None?
Speaker 1: Iause I check them. I have four hundred and forty two.
Speaker 4: I wish that the little red notification did bug me, because it bugs the hell out of me, and I have to go through everything.
Speaker 2: I think that's crazy behavior, but this data says no I have.
Speaker 1: I only have fifty three of those.
Speaker 3: But I think I recently cleaned out my voice message and I just delete them without listening.
Speaker 1: I'd like to hire you to clean out my unheard phone message.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is this, if you look at all the voicemails, they're from numbers I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and here's the other thing you can do too, if you really wanted to just power do it, you can click on it and it shows a transcript and you immediately know what to delete. But yeah, she's like, I just don't spend any time doing it. If there's a phone message I need to hear, nine point nine nine nine times out of ten, someone will say I left you a VM, and I'll see that message and I won't click on it because I've seen that they left me a VM, so that'll stay unread, and then I can go in there and then I can listen to the one phone message I need to listen to. Okay, strip mall.
Speaker 3: Steve is responding he's gotten one nine and sixty unread texts and thirty eight thousand and unread emails.
Speaker 1: That's amazed with that.
Speaker 4: I don't understand it to wash dishes to help myself out.
Speaker 1: Well, he's seen them. You don't have to click on them. I know. I think I think Steve employs AI to read his messages. I have twenty one, four hundred and fifty on ready emails. Oh my god, I don't understand you. Where would I find that note? Like just right there on your email thing? Yeah, it's not showing up for me there, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, you read all your emails, that's not poss I have more than five emails. I've got to go through and start deleting or checking to see what they own it, trusts me.
Speaker 1: Nuts. I'm so happy that I get to live life half assed. I'll never forget the time that KT looked his inbox dead in the eye and before reading it, he said, well that'll do it for this one, and the show ended. Uh. Coming up next, Christina is going to play music right here on the Eagle. Here you going, you're well? I want to get my sock back, dude, God bless Jesus.