Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz, Bang Bang, the pop quiz practice show that has you pew right in the quizzer. I'm Anny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are Aliason's walking among us. Wow, I don't think that.
Speaker 2: There's either zero trivia or thousands.
Speaker 1: Of trivia or coincidentally twiny just exact same. Hey, David, I want to know something even more exciting than proof that there's aliens among us.
Speaker 2: Boy do I We have a new Patriot KCT KCT. It makes thank you.
Speaker 1: And we got a few coffee oh yeahs from our good friends, Oh our.
Speaker 2: Mat, thanks all Cats, Thanks Cat and Richard, Richard, thank you to all of you.
Speaker 1: And speaking of our friends, they came out and played some zoom trivia with us. Oh yeah, and in third place, we had.
Speaker 3: This Nerds Nude, in second place DMB Chicago Cruise Line, and in first place Living Base.
Speaker 2: Great job everyone, Thanks for playing.
Speaker 1: We'll keep doing the second Saturday, so if you're ever free, please join us.
Speaker 2: It's a good time.
Speaker 1: And I think that's all the bouzness.
Speaker 2: Now let's get to the trizness.
Speaker 1: That's right. Here's how the show works.
Speaker 2: Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 1: Round one. Question one, the category is literature. What is the first name of Doctor Chekel in Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde, a name shared with the author who wrote The Turn of the Screw. Question two. The category is filmed. This question comes from listener Josh, Thank you, Josh, Thank you, Josh, as of August second, twenty twenty six, and not adjusted for inflation. Of the ten movies with the biggest North American back office opening weekend? What is the only movie that's part of a franchise not owned by Disney? Question three? The category is television. In the Simpsons, what are the annual Halloween episodes known as Question four? The category is geography. This question comes from O. R. Mike, Thanks so Lo, I think so are other than Hawaii which US state has more than fifty percent of its population living on islands, and now the answer is to round one. Question one, what is the first name of doctor Jayal and Doctor Jakyll and mister Hyde. It's Henry.
Speaker 2: Henry.
Speaker 1: You know what. Heide's first name is Edward. That's right. And if you're wondering who wrote Turn of the Screw, that's Henry.
Speaker 2: James, Henry Jekyll James.
Speaker 1: Question two. Out of the ten biggest movies in the North American box office, which is the only one that's not owned by Disney, Jurassic World. Disney needs to buy that to go along with their Star Wars and Marvel and Pixar movies.
Speaker 2: Disney has an Infinity Gauntlet.
Speaker 1: Question three. In the Simpsons, what are the annual Halloween episodes known as tree House of Horror? Question four? Other than Hawaii, which US state has more than fifty percent of its population living on islands, New York. That's because of New York City, because Long Island's heavily populated. At an island, all of those islands where all those New York Citians live.
Speaker 2: Round two. Question five. The category is games and hobbies. Which game involves pulling out colorful plastic straws without causing marbles to fall? Question six, Category history. This one comes to us from listener Bobby. Thank you, Bobby, Thank you, Bobby. What was the first self governing country to grant women the right to vote in national elections? In eighteen ninety three? Question seven category sports? In bowling, what term shared by a genre movies denotes spin on the ball and the movement of the pins caused by that spin? Question eight, Category Food and Drink. This one comes from listener Jos. Thank you, Jose, Thank you, Jos. What name is given to a Greek white or rose wine flavored with resin? And now the answers to round two? Question five? Which game involves pulling out colorful plastic straws without causing marbles to fall? KerPlunk, That's a good one time. Question six, what was the first self governing country to grant women the right to vote in national elections? Happening in eighteen ninety three, New Zealand?
Speaker 1: Good job, New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Question seven in bowling, what terms shy a genre of movies denote spin on the ball and the movement of the pins caused by that spin. You might think it's English because you can put some English on the ball. That's kind of a layman's term for it, and also not exactly a genre of movie.
Speaker 1: Seems to be the genre I watch.
Speaker 2: It's action. Nice put some action on the ball. The pins move, it's action. It's there's a couple of different things for action. But I wouldn't blame you if you said.
Speaker 1: English and they called their pins skittles.
Speaker 2: Skittles my word and question eight, what name is given to a Greek white or rose wine flavored with resin retsina?
Speaker 1: Makes sense?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing that correctly. I've never heard of this, have you? No says it's unique, said to have originated from the practice of sealing wine vessels, particularly Amphori with aleppo pine resin in ancient times. So that pine resin, I guess flavored the wine.
Speaker 1: I try it. That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Film. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. Name the top seven films of twenty twenty six by worldwide gross to date according to Bok's Office Mojo. Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's time. The top seven films of twenty twenty six by worldwide gross to date are Spider Man, Brand New Day, The Odyssey, Toy Story five, Michael, The Super Mario Galaxy movie, The Devil Wears Product Too, and Project Hell Mary. That list will change by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: The Doctor Doom movie coming.
Speaker 2: Out that will do Oh yeah, that's gonna probably do it. That will probably take over Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd have to imagine.
Speaker 1: Today's episode is sponsored by I learn Clash. Quick question, are you actually getting better at trivia or just playing more of it? Ooh, that's a good question. Learn Clash puts the number on it. Every one on one duel moves your ELO rating and you climb a ladder from Iron up to Phoenix. So match just stay close and improvement is visible.
Speaker 2: Annie and I have actually tried the app out. We've been dueling each other. It's a fun.
Speaker 1: App Yeah, I beat them. I also did a Agatha Christy because you can play by yourself, you don't play against someone, and I missed one and I got five out of six. Very disappointed in myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like you can challenge yourself, do certain questions from categories. I have all kinds of categories on there. You can even create your own and if.
Speaker 1: You decide that you want to play against us, my username is at Annie, So challenge me and feel good about yourself.
Speaker 2: Mine's David fifty one. I think, yeah, so I'm the fifty first David to get in here apparently, But anyways, you can challenge duels. There's six rounds. You get three questions each round, and I like the haptics on it. You get a little buzzes for answers and notifications when it's your turn. Yeah, when you duel someone. There's eighteen questions, six rounds. Any topic from British monarchs to nineties one hit wonders everything in between, and it's turn based so you don't have to schedule anything and it is completely free to play with no ads. There is a premium component you can upgrade your experience and get some more content, but you can play it for free and just have fun.
Speaker 1: Settle who's really the trivia champion in your house? Learn clash dot Com, slash Quisbane, and now on with the show around three. Question nine is animals. What is the only mammal that doesn't burp, fart or throw up. Question ten. The category is a tasty lick. This question comes from Alex and Renee aka Coach and Missus Alex, thank you, Alex.
Speaker 2: And Renee Alex and Renee. A tasty lick is a before and after involving a food item and a musician. So for example, if I said this chocolate confection, we have you living on a prayer, the answer would be bon bon jovie.
Speaker 1: Here we go. This historic banana variety used to be everywhere and was all that you wanted, but then said goodbye to you, having been replaced by the Cavendish variety. Question eleven. The category is pop culture. This past weekend was the wedding of an actress named Tallulah, the daughter of which two Hollywood actors who were married from nineteen eighty seven to two thousand. Question twelve. The category is history. This question comes from listener Leilakilila. In what state was Jefferson Davis initially inaugurated as President of the Confederacy and now? The answer is to round three? Question nine, what is the only mammal that doesn't burn, fart or throw up? Sloths? So instead of passing gas through the gut, their slow digestive system reabsorbs into the bloodstream and they exhale it through their lungs. So it's said that bats may not fart. They say that they should be able to fart, but they don't seem to. That is possibly this is because they they adjust their food so quickly, so they're the opposite spectrum of sloths.
Speaker 2: I would like to see them put a little microphone on a bat butt and just see and just study. Yeah, just the eat a bunch.
Speaker 1: But bats do burp, and apparently sometimes bats will take care of each other and one of the ways they'll do that is they'll burp up some blood and spit it into another bat's mouth.
Speaker 2: Okay, it it was cute.
Speaker 1: It was just very cute. Anyway, This was fun for me to research. But I did say mammal because other there are other like some birds don't burp, and there's so mammal question. Ten. This historic banana variety used to be everywhere, yeah, and was all that you wanted, but then said goodbye to you, having been replaced by the Cavendish variety. The answer is gross. Michelle Branch, so excellent thank you, Alex and Renee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. This is I learned something from this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we didn't realize this. Apparently back in the day ninety of bananas were cavendish variety, and apparently they were tastier and better. But I guess the gross Michelle probably is. I have to assume prophets behind it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, Banana Republic.
Speaker 1: Question eleven. Tallula got married? Who is she the daughter of? Well, her full name is Tallula Willis. She's the daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. Question twelve. In what state was Jefferson Davis initially inaugurated as President of the Confederacy Alabama. He took office as provincial presidents of the Confederacy in Alabama on February eighteenth, eighteen sixty one. He was later inaugurated for a full six year term in Virginia on February twenty second, eighteen sixty two, after the Confederate capital moved. I heard something about how like later in life he was like, I don't want to do any of these jobs there beneath me. I used to be president. It's just like you should just be happy that you're not in jail, right where you belong, sir?
Speaker 2: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is space. Which planet has the longest day, taking two hundred and forty three earth days to spin around once on its axis? Question fourteen? Category language? In grammar? What is the term for a word, phrase, or clause which limits or qualifies the meaning of another word, phrase or clause? Question fifteen? Category video games? Which game is split into separate fictional universes where the expansions and sequels are considered the two D universe followed by the three D universe and the HD universe. Question sixteen Category comics. This one comes from listener James, Thank you, James, thank you? In the p Nuts comic, After successfully kicking her brother out of the house, Lucy has a change of heart and lets him back in after what event and now the answers to round four? Question thirteen? Which planet has the longest day, taking two hundred and forty three earth days to spin around once on its axis? Venus? Question fourteen in grammar, what is the term for a word phraser clause which limits or qualifies the meaning of another word? Phraser clause modifier? Question fifteen? Which game is split into separate fictional universes where the expansion and sequels are considered the two D universe, followed by the three D universe in the HD universe. Grand Theft Auto Question sixteen in the p Nuts comic, after successfully kicking her brother out of the house, Lucy has a change of heart and lets him back in after what event the birth of baby rerun their brother, So.
Speaker 1: She isn't happy about letting him back and she goes I throw one out and another comes in. You can't shovel water with a pitchfork.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Right, That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Technology. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, what is a fractional measure of purity for gold alloys?
Speaker 2: Question two? Which Lost Boy actor played artist Paul Gogan, a person that his father Donald also portrayed.
Speaker 1: Question three stainless deal is hard and resist corrosion. Due to the addition of which element.
Speaker 2: And your Big Bang question Again, the category is technology. Two scientists calculated that at absolute peak muscle performance, a horse could hit what maximum horsepower?
Speaker 1: And now the answers to the Big Bang round. Question one, what is a fractional measure of purity for gold, alloys.
Speaker 2: Carrot? Question two? Which Lost Boy actor played Paul Gogan, a person his father Donald also portrayed Kiefer Sutherland.
Speaker 1: Question three, stainless steal is hard and resist corrosion due to the addition of which element chromium?
Speaker 2: And finally, two scientists calculated that an absolute peak muscle performance a horse could hit what maximum horsepower? The highest purity of gold the show that Kiefer Sutherland starred in, and the atomic number of chromium it's twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this is off the top of my head. So it could be wrong that the highest actual measurement of a horse right now is only around eighteen or so. But when Watt came up with horsepower, he did a horsepower as something that he thought was a continuous, sustainable level of energy. Okay, And that's why horses can do a lot more than one because this is all day long instead of in burse right, because obviously horse galloping or doing a race or really giving it, it's all it can do incredible feats of strength and speed in short bursts, but it can't necessarily do it sustained, sustained and so that's why a single horse power is lower than what a horse can do. Like wat knew that when he set it up. And yeah, these two scientists did a study and they it's a theoretical number. And I don't think anyone's forcing horses or pushing horses to see if they can hit this number, because just to see what they can do. I don't think anyone is interested in making horses do that necessarily right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean you'd have to have, like it said, peak muscle performance and a sustained effort, and I mean you can't push especially an animal to its limit.
Speaker 1: And just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prove a theory that probably doesn't stop some people, but it should interesting. Yeah, you would think one horse, one horse power.
Speaker 1: Right, good job, Watts.
Speaker 2: Well, if you like what we do, you can be like KCT and become a patron. One dollar a up gets you add free episodes on Patreon, and five dollars and up gets you a whole extra episode WHOA a month what? Or you can be like Kat or Mic and Richard and buy us a coffee at kodash fi dot com slash quiz bang Pod. We appreciate all the support from you guys. We appreciate you listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, we appreciate everything about.
Speaker 2: You and for this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, I've been David Flora, I've.
Speaker 1: Been Annie Flora.
Speaker 2: Here look at you, Quiz