Speaker 1: H here we go, Here we go. Dave Johnson Law with Bruce Murray. This is first eleven your DC Dody Podcast. Everything you need to know in eleven minutes or less on your team d C. And I remember we're with you on the air at seven fifteen Saturday night, d C United a club day foot Montreal again. You can find us at eleven ninety am. What a one point one HD two any smart speaker, Iron app, Apple TV plus, Yeah, just click on MLS local radio broadcasts DC and ID. Coming off a home win over Sporting Kansas City that is so important and for Bruce Murray, yes, indeed, let's start there. Getting a win at home in front of the AUDI field supporters so critical.
Speaker 2: Oh big factor. And we both know how how much home wins mean to the staff, to the players, to the chicos stand. I mean, the players die when they can't close the game. I can't stand the fact that they can't close again. And when they do that, I mean, it's such a relief and the players are so happy and they really really care about the fans. And we talked to the players all the time, and it's such an important thing to get a home win and.
Speaker 1: Of course, how they were able to do a goalkeeper Kim June hung the secture of hands.
Speaker 3: It'll be a right footage service into the box, sent in nodding forward there it is for Kim lining in too. But he makes the stop. He took quite the punch on that one, and he is down, as is a Sporting Kansas City player. Body's strewn across the grass here.
Speaker 1: Aaron Horre.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a great keeper, first of all. I think he brings a ton of quality in that position, a ton of security for us. And I mean, as we all know, keepers aren't all there in the head, so I think it was it was really a no brainer for him to come out for that ball and put his body on the line. And yeah, that's the kind of things that we expect from him and we know he's capable of. And yeah, I think he's all. Though the shutouts haven't haven't begun yet, I think it's gonna I think there's a lot of shoutouts in our future, and I think he'll be a big reason for that.
Speaker 1: How DC and I getting the go ahead going from Jose Kajima and you know, Bruce, we talked to Jose Kajima. Just a couple of days before last Saturday's game, you had a sense it was coming.
Speaker 2: Oh you talk about detail oriented. He was on the in our box making a play and then getting up the field. But what he did was they had a soft zone going right, and they had five players in their own box sporting case. Kajima took a look and he ran to a spot that he felt would be advantageous for a ball to come in. And sure enough, Pegload gets his head up and all he has to do is just lead him in. And Kajima, though, has a lot to do at that point, right, He's got to kind of contort his body and kind of flick it backwards over the goalkeeper. But it's one of the best goals you're.
Speaker 1: Going to see all season, all right, now, some more insight from Troy Lsay on Jose Kajima.
Speaker 5: When I when I look at Jose Kajima, just brings a smile on my face, because every time I come into the building at six six thirty in the morning, you know, I try to get here as early as possible. Inevitably he's already here. He's already here, He's already looking at his laptop, he's already watching film. I think he beats virtually everyone into the building, with the exception of my goalkeeper coach and Mation Shostak, who is the head of our security. And that's who Jose is. Jose is a guy that he's not doing it to be noticed by anyone. He's doing it because that's his craft. He wants to be as professional as possible, and that's part of his routine, and it's coming from a really genuine place. And so you know, he studies the game. When he makes a late run like that, it's because he studied the game. You know. I don't sit here and try to take any credit for that. The only credit that I would want to take is saying that's a player that we should bring into our club because he's a player that fits our style. And Ali McKay and Caleb Shreeve and Amon Dunlavey were right there with me that everyone wanted to bring him here. And what I've heard from feedback is that he's just you know, from our fans, from just so many different people. He's someone that you can't help but notice, and you can't help but support, and he energizes you man. He's a multiplayer, not a divider, and so I'm really really thankful he's with us and there's more to come for him. There's more to come.
Speaker 1: Now and fitting j Peglo makes his debut, he's involved in that goal. What did you think of him?
Speaker 2: Oh, Dave, he is such a good player, consistently has the ball, runs at people, but then he's got David Schenk behind him so he can get inside. He can you know, he can do a ton. Peglo is a really good player. I mean, we have picked up so many good players in the offseason and the fans really don't know about these guys.
Speaker 1: Well, and you mentioned David Schnegg again. I explain this even more because you are just brimming with enthusiasm about both David Schenek and Aaron Herrera and what they're able to do to ignite DC United.
Speaker 2: There is no pair in the league that gets up the field like David sneg and Aaron Horrera. It reminds me of Marcello, the real Madrid fullback, where he just took control of the left side of the field, and David Schnegg is that player, and so is Aaron Herrera. They force our wingers inside, we have overloads in the middle of the field. There's nobody in the league that does this like those two players. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: See you have Montreal Club Day Montreal. Why should DC not be concerned.
Speaker 2: Well, they're really good on the counter attack. They work hard, but they also have a players that can beat you with the dribble. They break lines with the dribble. They're dangerous and there's one of those teams that's sitting in the last, you know, last spot in the league. We should win this game, but at the same time, they're dangerous, so we have to be careful.
Speaker 1: What's the key to stopping at counter attack.
Speaker 2: Is pressure on the ball. You have to pressure on the ball, put the when the balls in that end of the field, just make sure that you push up and everyone defense. And you know, obviously Kim has to play high out of his goal, but that's the way you have to defend the counter attack. You can't sit You've got to be careful. You can't sit back in de face. DC United has to press in this game if they're going to be successful.
Speaker 1: DC and I Club Day from Montreal. That's our Saturday offering. Again. You can find first eleven eleven minutes or less. All you need to know about d C and I Wherever you get your podcasts, Spotify, Apple, and iHeart for Bruce Burray. I'm Dave Johnson