Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: I am a logic and reason guy, and there are times where you get emotional hyperbolic about Trump and that always makes me nervous on either side when people get that way, that's absolutely not true. Get out. I mean, right now and now.
Speaker 1: Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle, and.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. Bill Handle here. It is a.
Speaker 3: Wednesday Morning homday, February the fifth.
Speaker 2: As we now move.
Speaker 4: It's single to February.
Speaker 5: No, it is technically yeah, well there you are.
Speaker 3: Okay, hello to one and all. Neil sir, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Willie Wolf, Sorry sir, finishing up some Zelmans.
Speaker 3: I know, uh, we're just we just videoed something that was very funny for Zelman's.
Speaker 2: Uh no, do you know I have a page at Zelman's. I think very Amy.
Speaker 4: There's Amy.
Speaker 3: I met with the Zeldn folks and we got packages of it and they said give it to your morning crew.
Speaker 2: Oh. I thought that was Cono shaking his head. Oh that was Amy.
Speaker 3: H And by the way, Matt is here, who is Matt's fantastic Matt is I'm a huge fan and Matt is helping us out and let me sw Matt, are you and your a microphone?
Speaker 2: Let me say hello? Is he around there?
Speaker 3: You? Matt?
Speaker 2: You're there? Yep?
Speaker 3: Okay, I can't see you. Did you, by the way, did I give you any zelmens?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: You didn't yet, that's correct, he said, yet, good man, Yeah, we'll remove the yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, cono.
Speaker 4: Good morning morning, Bill, Good morning Amy, Hi Bill?
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: I already said hello to Neil and good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: You not say hello to Will?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, what you're right?
Speaker 4: Because well, geez, Will, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, it's okay, I'm here.
Speaker 4: Calendar this because this will be the only time you ever hear that.
Speaker 3: Thanks, good morning, good morning. We won't be doing that again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: All right, now, this is great.
Speaker 3: You know how you get calls that remind you of things all computerized and I'm waiting for a prescription from CBS, and yesterday I received this call regarding.
Speaker 2: Where is it Neil.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the call that I got from CVS yesterday.
Speaker 2: Hi, this is Kelly Calm from your CVS pharmacy.
Speaker 4: I'd just like to let you know that.
Speaker 2: You're ain't a removal cream, your butt plugs and your Viagara are now in, and we also got those extra small contents that you needed, so please for then, I'll let me know when you'll.
Speaker 6: Be coming in so I can settle aside for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you have a great day. Are you gonna pick them up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you?
Speaker 3: Don't You just love the computerized voices in these programs that unless you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. She sounded like a real person and she seemed to really know you know your needs? Yeah, pretty much? All right? Oh, call them back and get some cough drops.
Speaker 3: Hi, we got cough drops, and there's a pository form and it's uh, nevermind.
Speaker 2: There's a whole world to that line. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. I am all right now.
Speaker 3: Near New You, it is raining, but it's still a light rain coming down this morning and last night it was not a drizzle, but it was a gentle rain, which is exactly what we needed.
Speaker 2: Amy, I'm gonna throw it to you, weather report wise.
Speaker 5: Weather report, we're expected to see light rain at its peak, maybe a quarter inch of an hour. But forekesters are saying, that's kind of slow and steady, and that's what we want and the risk of mud slides if the rain forecast holds is under five percent, so that's good.
Speaker 3: Do we ever get news from the fire officials at a fire like Alta data like Palises is out? It is out done, not just contained, but out. I know they go for weeks after for smoldering hotspots, But do they ever say that because I don't remember, I you know.
Speaker 6: That's that's a good question.
Speaker 5: I don't remember it ever being out because we report on when it's surrounded and they're still working on hotspots. I mean, effectively there's no flame, but they're still there because there's still smoldering stuff.
Speaker 4: So you can and it cann't night, right, But once.
Speaker 6: It's contained, that's basically out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And because you get a little it's almost like when you lie. I remember in boy Scouts, and this was before the scout leader molested me, and you could start a fire. You start with a little king kindling and you do the spark and you blow gently on it and it ignites.
Speaker 2: It's almost like that. Okay, what neil? Nothing? Absolutely nothing. I have no more feelings about you or what you say.
Speaker 3: All right, you guys, ready to do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead.
Speaker 4: Sorry, good lord, all right.
Speaker 2: The President yesterday said.
Speaker 3: That the US should will maybe take over Gaza, that we will take over Gaza and rebuild it, so they'll be Trump Trump towers. Well, it'll be more Trump shanties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trump sort of. These are the most beautiful chanties I know. Trump refugee camps with a big the best razor wire you could find nobody has.
Speaker 3: But listen to the point, okay, and that is and it makes sense in some some pretty serious ways. Gaza is done for a generation. To rebuild Gaza is at least in the tens of billions of dollars. I don't know who is going to put that money up. It will not be the Arab countries because they give lip service to the Palestinians. That's it. They don't pile money in to help them out. It just isn't there. So now you have a country, a state Gaza that Commas controls, their terrorist organization still controls that is doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: It is there's nothing there to control.
Speaker 3: Ninety percent of the population has been displaced, seventy percent of the buildings are gone, infrastructure is done.
Speaker 2: No sewage, no water.
Speaker 3: Supply, electricity, gas lines, I mean basically gone. And he is saying get out and we'll rebuild and then you come.
Speaker 6: Back, except did he say come back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 3: Part of the Palestinian is going to be a beautiful place where it's going to be a world class organization that people can including the Palestinians, will come back. He didn't say it is for the purpose of the Palestinians. They are just part of the people that will come to the Trump refugee camps that are going to be built over the next It's a generation to build this thing, and it's unbelievable amounts of money. And he said, well, here's you know, that's I got to tell you.
Speaker 4: If I'm sitting in a rubble and that's my house.
Speaker 3: And I have a chance, no schools, and I have a chance to raise my family in a place that does have infrastructure that speaks Arabic, and what he is saying, Jordan should take some of the people in Saudi Arabia and they've all yeah, they've all said Nope, that ain't going to happen.
Speaker 2: So they should call Rick Caruso and they can make it Gaza Strip, mall.
Speaker 4: Very strong, you know that, not bad, not bad, all right.
Speaker 3: So anyway, at first glance, it's insane, and then at second glance, you know, if I'm in Gaza, I'm a Palestinian, I consider it. I would now forcing the other companies and the US troops coming in there, and it becomes a territory of the US.
Speaker 2: That's a different story.
Speaker 3: But sometimes there is a method to his madness, for example, his tariffs that he is throwing on countries to the point where Mexico caved, Canada caved. Not so much, China, not so much China.
Speaker 5: Well, the recovery part is complete. A week after the mid air collision between the American Airlines commuter plane and a black Hawk Army helicopter, all sixty seven victims of the crash have been removed from the Potomac River and they're continuing removing the plane now. So part of the fuselage was taken out, the plane's tail with its red, white and blue on it was removed, and then they were going after the cockpit later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now it's the investigation as to what happened, and it's looking like although there's nothing definitive, but it looks like the helicopter was at too high in altitude, about one hundred feet higher than it should have been, and the plane was doing exactly what it was supposed to do. From what I'm hearing that the tower told it to take another runway, it moved and it was on approach right where the tower said exactly what's going to go and boom the helicopter hit it. And so they're going to figure out what happened, how did it happen, And so that's what we're hearing, although they will not say definitively until the investigation is over, and it takes a while.
Speaker 6: Well, because they have to.
Speaker 5: They take that whole plane and they're going to take it loaded on flatbeds, take it to basically huge hangar, and they reassemble it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they put it together bit by bit. It's like this huge jigsaw puzzle. Certain pieces they can't, but for the most part, you see an entire plane.
Speaker 2: It's like a thousand peak jigsaw puzzle. You've done those, except it's three d Wow. It's insane, all right. CIA on Tuesday became the first major national security agency to offer so called buyouts to its entire workforce. So you have a CIA spokesperson and two other sources familiar with the offer said this is part of President Donald Trump's broad effort to shrink the federal government and shape it to his agenda. The offer which tells federal employees that they can quit their jobs and receive roughly eight months of pay and benefits.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much of a buyout that is eight months. I think people that are close to retirement, yeah, would pull it out immediately. And the accusation, the criticism is these are senior people and they need the expertise. The trumpetdministration wants to shrink it and bring in new people. But you're bringing in people that are in minor positions. You're not going to be bringing people have thirty years experience. And so the spokesperson was up there halfway through, by the way the press conference, he took the buy out and walked out.
Speaker 2: You know that. No, Yeah, that would have been awesome. That would have been That would have been been And I'm here to say I'll take it bye you.
Speaker 6: RFK is AOK to move forward. Robert F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy Junior has received enough votes in a key Senate committee to send his nomination to the floor for a vote of the full Senate. It was a vote of long party lines, fourteen to thirteen. Everybody's watching Senator Bill Cassidy, who is actually a doctor and has vocally struggled with whether it's support Kennedy. He ultimately voted in line with his party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a whole story about that and the politics of what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's seven twenty.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do that, and a lot of it has to do with he's up for reelection in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Ooh wow.
Speaker 3: And he was just I'll do it at seven twenty because there's some spins on this that I want to share with you.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're dumping story number five.
Speaker 3: That story number five, now, y'all, we're just dumping it because it's changed completely.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Hormone blockers will be blocked at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. The hospital announced yesterday that it is pausing the initiation of hormonal therapy for patients under the age of nineteen who are looking for gender affirming care. It also says it will continue an existing pause on gender affirming surgeries for minors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's an argument there, and I'm a big fan of it. I believe in LGBTQ rights, I believe in the whole concept of trends.
Speaker 2: There's no question about it.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine works for Amazon and was part of the sweep of leaving it. But they pay for gender affirming surgeries and hormones. And this has to do with miners. You know, there's an argument there are a miners. I mean, do you want to say no surgery for minors? Hormones you can undo easily, by the way, you know how to make a hormone. No, God, do not. I'm guessing you don't either, all right.
Speaker 2: Several US government health websites and resources have been taken down or modified as agencies they are complying with the executive orders from President Donald Trump. So several US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention websites, databases related to HIV, LGBTQ plus folks, youth health behaviors, and more have been removed or replaced, as well as treatment guidelines for certain infections. Many pages included a note that says CDC's website is being modified to comply with President Donald Trump's executive orders.
Speaker 3: And this was day one these websites went down and were changed and modified, and I shared with you that the State Department visas.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Working with the State Department so I can get some information because I'm applying for a Polish citizenship because my dad was born in Poland and I am eligible, which means I will be a member of the EU and I can travel back and forth in Europe and I'm basically a citizen of Europe.
Speaker 2: Now you could pass for a Polish.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. We'll be doing a lot of Polish shokes once that happens. And what happened was that day one, it was shut down. It was shut down. The State Department application process was just shut down. Opened up two days later and the cost of that went fivefold, just like that. So you borrow some money you okay, yeah, now, but things have changed big time. So anything to do with the I anything to do with LGBTQ rights, anything to do with that youth help behavior all gone gone. Things are changing big time, all right.
Speaker 6: Demand is down, so shipping is stopping.
Speaker 5: Merk says it's not going to ship its HPV vaccine called Gardas Hill in China until at least the middle of the year because of weak discretionary spending, guardas Hill prevents cancers caused by HPV virus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how someone being inoculated with garda sill is somehow discretionary spending. I mean that sort of have to do that.
Speaker 2: If who's saying it's discretionary spending, Yeah, like the on China side or our side.
Speaker 5: Merk is saying that like many other companies, we've seen increased pressure on discretionary consumer spending, including across the vaccine in space, and demand for Gardasil has not recovered to the level they had expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is a simple injection that usually taken, usually taken by girls in case, let's.
Speaker 6: Say, if it's for boys.
Speaker 2: Too, I think so.
Speaker 3: But if they stoop someone who happens to have HPV, which causes infertility, this is where the girl part comes in. That causes infertility because HPV does that's a big problem, and so.
Speaker 2: Which also can't higher rates of cancer. Right, all of it.
Speaker 3: HPV is horrible and it's a simple injection. You do it when they're the girls are fairly young. I did it when my girls were eight because I anticipated them being sexually active at a fairly young age because I'm their dad.
Speaker 2: Gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I mean literally, I think we did it when they were twelve or thirteen. You just do it years in advance of because you never know. I mean, yeah, you know, who the hell is going to know if your thirteen year old daughter, especially a dad is stopping. Somebody find out after the fact.
Speaker 2: So to not.
Speaker 3: To not inoculate for HPV with guardacil is crazy. It's like a polio vaccine almost. You know, it's your nuts not to do it.
Speaker 2: They don't promote it for boys the same way. I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen ads where they show boys on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe it's because I have girls and I didn't pay it and I didn't pay attention to the boys.
Speaker 2: Absolutely okay.
Speaker 5: Hey, and if you before you feel bad for Merk. Their company's forecast total revenue is just sixty five and a half billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pharmaceutical companies are doing just great, lot of cash.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of cash. Okay, all right. Senate confirmed Pam Bondi as the US Attorney General just yesterday evening, putting a long time ally of Donald Trump. What are the odds at the helm of the Justice Department that has already been a bit rattled by firings of career employees seen as disloyal to the Republican president.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Now, her confirmation or her nomination wasn't completely crazy because she was the Attorney General of Florida, so she has a background. It's not like Robert Kennedy or Cash Patel. I mean, that's which is basically crazy. During the confirmation hearing, which I found fascinating, she was asked, do you believe that the election was stolen? Do you still advocate the election was stolen and that Joe Biden was not elected president? And all she would say is Joe Biden is the president. He was the president for four years. Again, the question was asked, it's about the stolen election. Do you still advocate the election was stolen? Joe Biden was the president? That's it would not retract at all and was one of the most vociferous the election deniers. But it doesn't matter, you know, it's even Cassidy went in favor of RFK yesterday. I'm going to talk about that at seven twenty because that's a story that's just well, it's not astounding, and I'm going to explain why it happened. Okay, Oh ahead, Oh yeah, no, no, no, okay, I was about to introduce you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was going to say, I hate this story, but bye, by butterfly. The number of monarchs spending the winter in the western US, and most of them come to California, has dropped to its second lowest level in nearly three decades. The highest number recorded was one point two million in nineteen ninety seven. And he guesses what it is in twenty twenty four. Yeah, it's nine thousand, just nine thousand, which is also a ninety six percent decrease from twenty twenty three when there were two hundred and thirty three thousand recorded.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm very connected with stan Lankapistronto, as a lot of us know. And the wallows coming into San Juan Kapistrano used to be one. More should be by they should be returning by the millions this year too, And they were probably another bird.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: There are no more swallows the San Juan Compistranto. Yeah, I mean they're done.
Speaker 6: Are they done? Or did they just go somewhere else?
Speaker 2: I know, I you know what, I don't know. I think with.
Speaker 3: You know, the habitat being gone, and you know they want out to they're moving overseas like a lot of film stars are now.
Speaker 2: They moved to Texas, but for political reasons, Texas were too high here. Yeah, all right, wait one real quick, because I know that we're a little slow today. President Donald Trump will attend the Super Bowl in New Orleans on Sunday, and he wrote congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs. He said on social media platform, what a great team, coach, quarterback, and virtually everyone else, including those fantastic fans that voted for me mega in record numbers. Likewise, congratulations to the Buffalo Bills on a tremendous season. They will do a lot of winning long into the future. So first game he's attending, his president, Yeah, I just love that he's like.
Speaker 3: And didn't Philadelphia win the Super Bowl a few years ago and refuse to go to the White House to be greeted.
Speaker 4: They just said, no, thank you, we're not interested.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know, Trump holds a grudge. He's having all of them deported. Oh and all of them, they're all gone. And Taylor Swift Taylor Swift is his favorite entertainer. I'll tell you flag football in Gittmo. You know, the level of prison football is going to be incredible.
Speaker 5: Okay, could we be headed to the War of the Robot yay. Figure AI says it has signed its second major commercial partner, bringing the dream of humanoid robots from labs into everyday life closer than ever. Their whole idea is that they want to make one hundred thousand humanoid robots to counter what China's doing. Their first publicly named partner is BMW, which signed on late last year, and they're hoping that they're going to be able to make all these robots and then put them into action for things like manufacturing, logistics and healthcare.
Speaker 3: And they're going to talk too. They'll talk to you Danger Will Robinson.
Speaker 2: Danger, Nice Fresh Reference Nice. Yeah.
Speaker 4: For those of that it's was a show in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Well they have amake. Did they do a reboot? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Love Stuff in Space and it had to do with lice in your hair.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember. It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, didn't they do a series on it and it kind of got canceled like halfway through or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 3: I mean the old series, the news the old series was ridiculously bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in that that it's awesome. Australia has banned Deep Seek. That is the newest of all i a's out there. It's it is absolutely phenomenal. I've used it and it's it's logic is crazy. But they have now in Australia banned it from all government devices over concerns the Chinese official intelligence startup that is behind this poses a security risk. So yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Guys who put this together are brilliant. It's as good as chat GPT and it's no, it's it's better. It's better, and it's cheaper and it doesn't use the chips.
Speaker 4: I originally thought.
Speaker 3: This what was from India? Deepk Seek Deep Seek Oh Seek? Okay, come on all right now, that's not bad. I sorry. Uh.
Speaker 5: If Iran takes out Trump, Trump says they're going to take out Iran, all of it. President Trump during that news conference yesterday, was talking about the talk that Iran wanted to assassinate him, and he said, well, you know what if they do, I've left instructions that they get obliterated. There won't be any of Iran left.
Speaker 3: You know when he said this, he's you know, that pesky constitution that gets in the way of what he wants to do.
Speaker 2: The second he dies.
Speaker 3: The second he dies, or any president dies, the vice president is the president.
Speaker 4: Right there done and makes it.
Speaker 2: Over in an active war to kill a president if a country killed a president.
Speaker 4: You know what, I don't know if it is an active war.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I don't because I don't know if it's considered an active war.
Speaker 4: You know that we should look that one up. Can you ask deep seek whether it is.
Speaker 2: Now that's a great question. Now onto super more important news. Oh, the waffle house is passing along the sky high costs of eggs to diners with a fifty cent per egg surcharge.
Speaker 5: You know what, that's a good idea because then I'd be able to get a two egg omelet instead of a four egg omelet, because I'm saying, I'm only paying.
Speaker 2: Who the hell gets a four egg omelet? Yeah, most for it.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought it was three egg omelets, which are I don't remember a four egg omelet.
Speaker 2: By the way, have you gone to Costco anybody?
Speaker 3: There are no eggs twice over the weekend and yesterday no eggs.
Speaker 2: Not we haven't had any problems.
Speaker 3: I went to Rouse the other day to get happy eggs because Lindsay's nuts and she wants cage free happy you know, chickens that do American Sign language or whatever the hell it is. And those eggs were fourteen fourteen dollars a dozen and they were out.
Speaker 4: All they had were the regular eggs and twelve dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Why does she want happy eggs and a miserable husband?
Speaker 3: You know, it's a good point, and I don't know the answer, but she's really into animal Yeah, animals dying, you know, happy Okay? Yeah, oh Amy, let's try and finish these Okay.
Speaker 5: So you know that video that we all saw of the plane crash, the awful plane crash between the American Airlines Commuter jet and the black Hawk helicopter. Yeah, two airport employees have been arrested after they reportedly leaked video.
Speaker 2: They copied it. Yeah, they actually went copied the video and then leaked it illegally. Yeah, misdemeanor, that's it.
Speaker 3: One guy gets arrested and he's out in two minutes on his own recognizance that.
Speaker 6: They even arrested these guys, I think is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Why that is.
Speaker 3: It's an investigation, it's a federal investigation.
Speaker 2: I worked at the airport. Yeah, I disagree with you on that one. Yeah, I think it was unlawful for them to.
Speaker 3: Oh, it wasn't awful. They were arrested on an under misdemeanor charge. But but that's a newsperson talking.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 3: As long as you leak and it goes out on the news, it's.
Speaker 6: That video without him, right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but what is that different? I don't know. No, I think it was a different video. I know it is different. It's more it's a it's a from a different angle, y. Yeah, and it's not the one that we everyone saw. I saw it last night. It's a different it's a longer clip too. Right. And lastly, Hollywood producer found guilty and deaths of women that were drugs dumped at a hospital. Bodies of twenty four year old Christy Giles and her friend twenty six year old Heilda Cabreles Arizola were left outside two separate hospitals in Los Angeles. And this dirt bag, David Brian Pierce, it was forty two, was convicted. All right, all seventeen and we did it, by the way, and looked it up.
Speaker 3: The assassination of president by a foreign power is an act of absolutely it is no, that's a legal term. When JFK was assassinated, that was not a federal crime. It was not a federal crime to kill a president.
Speaker 2: When John F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy was assassinated. How could that not be because it was a state crime. It was state murder, that was it. Lee Harvey Oswald was charged with murder by the state of Texas.
Speaker 2: No federal crime. Matter of fact.
Speaker 3: The fact that they took JFK's body on an airplane and did airplane and did the autopsy of Bethesda.
Speaker 2: There legal, that was yah, that's right, that was completely illegal. And Bobby taking evidence across yeah, yeah, removing evidence. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, we're completely done with the news. So we got them all, got them all. This is KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch My Show one day through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.