Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: So it looks like there's been a slight change in point spread. I don't remember what it opened up at, but with it now being known that Tyler Shuck and jackry Brooks won't be playing in Louisville's Sun Bowl matchup with Washington, that has led to a slight drop in the in the spread here. I think it's now let's see here. I was checking Vegas Insider and it didn't show there as far as what the spread was of different books, but looking here at FanDuel, it is a Louisville favored about two.
Speaker 3: And a half.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think the amount of people going to this may be I could be wrong because obviously there's people that go to every louisvill Bowl game and there's some that you know, there's no way for me to know for sure, but I as far as us being about a weekend and knowing where Louisville was going to play in a bowl game or maybe you know, close to a week I don't know of anybody making the trip. So you know, in last year it wasn't convenient, and it certainly wasn't cheap, and the timing wasn't ideal, but it was also in one of the most beautiful places in America San Diego, California, Helpaso, Texas in late December. I'm not sure it has the same uh has the same appeal. But if you are going, I hope you have yourselves a really good time. All Right, it's the five o'clock hour here Coffee and Company Field by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety Nick Coffee. That's me Austin Montgomery alongside today as we take you up until six o'clock. So we don't need to get back into last night's UTEP game, right, I mean we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't need to do that.
Speaker 2: That was Uh, it was nice to see them hold on and survive in a game that they could have easily lost. And I will say this, I'm surprised that haven't brought it up in the first couple of hours. But they were taught, they were they were told to foul at the end there when you're up three. There's certain I mean, I think more often than not, you're now seeing coaches that are of the mindset.
Speaker 3: That you should foul when you're up three and the.
Speaker 2: Numbers are much better on your side as far as being able to hold on and win rather than you know, just trying to not foul and give up a three and then you get you get you know, you get hit with one and you go to overtime and lose. So they were trying, and I don't know, I didn't hear where the disconnect was, but I could see that Pat was trying to tell them to foul. And I feel like that there were a couple of guys out there that knew they were supposed to file, but they didn't. But in the end they held on and you just got it out of the way. That was probably the performance for me, And I've said this throughout the show. I think I hit a level that you guys were probably already at, maybe after all Miss maybe after Duke, or maybe even just as soon as you knew Case and Bryor wasn't coming back this year, and Korin Johnson was out for the year as well, Like I now know like hey this, you know I'm not at the I'm not There was a crossroads and last night didn't lead me down the optimistic side, but it also didn't have me turning on the negative side to where I'm just going to assume that this team doesn't sniff the tournament, but still hope that they play hard and maybe steal a win here and there, and we can still, you know, enjoy rooting for him.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not to the.
Speaker 2: Point where I'm ready to say, yeah, this season is for sure. Shot, let's just hope they play hard. And if you were there, I get it. But I was more so on the on the optimistic side, thinking like, look, guys, why don't we sack up a little bit here? I mean, I know, Caseon Pryor is somebody that you can't just replace, but they can, you know, they can do some things to minimize his absence. And I know Corn Johnson is a guy you really want, but hey, they showed they could be a pretty good team when they didn't have him already, and I'm just thinking, okay, let's you know, let's and I felt the same way after Duke, to be honest with you, I just thought that they outplayed Duke for thirty minutes and that was still worth something valuable and against Ole miss I you know, they wasn't good. But I'm just gonna say that that's the worst shooting performance that they'll ever have and we'll never see that again. But last night I kind of had to, you know, face the facts. Not that again that we should just prepare for this team to be really bad, but the visual of last night and just knowing the opponent they were playing. Them continuously have nights where they just cannot make three point shots and yet they shoot thirty plus. It just doesn't seem like a good recipe. So maybe they shock us and play really competitively against Kentucky on Saturday, and maybe you wouldn't be shocked. You know, I shouldn't say shock us, because I'm not gonna say I'll be shocked if they're competitive, But like, I don't expect to win that game, just because of the current situation with both teams. Kentucky, you know, they're they're a really good team. They've shown it with the resume. You know they're they're dealing with some injuries as well, but they can live without Kirk Crisa for the most part. They did have a weird game last night, though, because Colegate was two and eight coming into last night's game, and yet they led in the second half, which is just I don't I mean, I didn't watch it from start to finish. I got to see the end of their game, and that's when Kentucky had kind of run away with it. But you know, I just wish I had some kind of of a feeling for Saturday. And I'm sure as we get closer to tip off, I'll get there. I'll have the anxiousness that you know isn't a good feeling, but you know it makes you feel alive. And it's why we are crazy about these teams, Louisville and Kentucky, because you know, we care a lot, We're emotionally invested in the rivalry. Takes it to a different level. So maybe I'll enjoy not being like super anxious and just stressed about the game that I will have no impact on. But it's also kind of sad because I wanted this to be a real reset of the rivalry, and it is technically both. I mean, neither coach has coached in this game, and there's not a player that's played in the game either, if you think about it. Every I mean, both teams have brand new guys, and I think these two coaches are very similar as far as their style of play. I think both have really checked boxes that you know, hadn't been checked around here in a little while. As far as likability, I mean, I have no problem saying I think it's gonna be really hard for me to not like Mark Pope. I'm gonna want him to lose every game because that's just how it works in the rivalry. But I think he's a pretty good coach. In fact, I think he's a really good coach. Don't know what his ceiling is, but you know, he's a good coach, and he's really likable. And I think, you know, maybe not all Kentucky fans, but I know some probably feel the same way about Pat Kelsey. So to know that Louisvill's going into this sort of once again feeling like, yeah, I just hope we can compete, or yeah, we're probably not gonna win, or you know, we're not expected to win. Like I mean, they're gonna fight, they're going to compete, and it wouldn't be the craziest thing ever if they do win. But you know, I just wanted it to be on better terms here from the Louisville side, and you know it's not, so what are you gonna do? But I have a feeling once we get closer to Saturday, maybe I will maybe I'll be you know, amped up, like I haven't been for one of these games in a long time, because I kind of blocked out when we had the Kitty Payne Kentucky games because the play, of course was so bad, the games weren't close. And then you know Kenny last year acting like it was a joke when somebody referenced Louisville potentially being on the same level when it comes to talent as Kentucky. And I mean, that was one of the many signs that you know that that wasn't gonna end well, and you know it didn't. But yeah, five point fifteen on Saturday, and uh, I'm curious. We had somebody asking the break on the text line what the spread would be. I have no clue, man, I really don't. I would I would guess Kentucky. I'm gonna guess Kentucky minus eight and a half or minus eight. That would be my guess as far as what the spread is gonna be. Maybe it's maybe it's a little more, maybe a little less. I'm not sure, Louisvell has got to be a tough team to figure out if you're the uh, if you're the sports books, because you know you're now evaluating them a little bit differently because they're not the same team they were early this year because of injuries. But you know, they've had some good wins along the way, and uh, you know, they were favored against Oklahoma and they did play Duke competitively but ended up not covering. I don't I don't actually did they cover in that game. I'm not even sure what the spread was against Duke.
Speaker 1: Duke was seven and a half. I think, right, that's unds.
Speaker 2: About right, Yeah, there's eleven. So but you know that's one that you know clearly they they just got away from late. They were they were more competitive I think than the final score indicates. That's not to say, you know, we you know it wasn't an eleven point loss.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I say all that to say, I.
Speaker 2: Really don't know what they think of Louisville as far as far as you know spread. Now, last night, Kentucky was favored about thirty points and again trailed in the second half before they ended up kind of running away with it, and I'd say, you know, without watching and only looking at what I saw those who cover UK kind of referencing is that it was probably the biggest dud game of the of the season thus far for Pope. And I think you got honestly say the same thing about Louisville. So you know, neither team is coming off of great performances that make you feel great about you know, your team. However, let's be real, Kentucky has proof on their end as far as you know what they're capable of doing, and you know.
Speaker 3: Louisville, I don't know if they have that.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, if you want to go back to the proof that they can play well and beat good teams, you know, we got to acknowledge that those things happen when you had Case and Pryor and you know now you don't. All right again, it's Coffee and Company. We are feel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us. We did also discuss for those just now joining us.
Speaker 3: Josh Hurd. They gave the full approval the Board of.
Speaker 2: Trustees did for a contract extension for her that will run until twenty thirty. I shared some thoughts on that earlier. No, you know, not a real surprise for me. The only thing that I found a little surprising was the dates. The contract is now up until twenty thirty, just because I you know, that seems like a very long contract. But then again, maybe it's pretty normal. I don't know, but yeah, they did make it official earlier with the press release from the school.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see here, where do we want to go?
Speaker 2: Do I want to go to the text line or do we want to talk about let's actually let me share some good news, because you know, I kind of feel like for a while there, ESPN didn't didn't have the heart to like minimize what Dick Vitel was doing on their.
Speaker 3: College basketball broadcasts.
Speaker 2: But you know, and I kind of became, you know, over the Dick Vitel, you know thing the stick. But you know, obviously he's big for college basketball, and he's a legend, and you never want somebody to be dealing with what he's dealt with in recent years. So he has announced that he has cancer free after a recent scan, and you know, maybe that gets him back on on the sidelines. I can't really remember the last time he was doing ballgames. I mean, I do think he he had some he had some health scares with cancer, then came back and he didn't sound great, and then he went away again. Like I don't know what the what the plans are uh for Dick fi tell, but yeah, it is nice to know that he is he is cancer free after his most recent scan.
Speaker 3: Can you remember the last time?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, as much as we love college basketball viewing, it has been a little different in recent years because of Louisville situation, but I really can't remember the last time he was on a on a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me either. Did he even did he even go and do the the bracket stuff the last couple of years a kind of feature him too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe maybe it's just kind of you know, out of sight, out of mind, because I don't, you know, I don't And this sounds terrible because you know, it's not personal. It's just like I tend to not really want to tune into anything if he's you know, it's not like it's going to be painful for me. But like I just you know, to me, he should be on college game day kind of he should be. He should mean, let me ask you this, why is he not like you have any say so one at Austin. I guess I'm just asking aloud to everybody, why isn't he doing what? What what the guy on game.
Speaker 1: Day does or not? What is his name?
Speaker 3: Uh? Of course of course why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Why is that not what Dicky V?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 3: Like it should be that to where he's.
Speaker 2: Still just to gimmick. Come on, he's kind of a cheerleader of college basketball. He's certainly a fan favorite, like he's Dicky V.
Speaker 1: But it is kind of uncomfortable to watch because you know he's getting up there. I don't I don't want Dick. I don't want Dick to go out that way, you know, I mean it's not the Dick.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, I mean he's he's a legend.
Speaker 2: And if he still is able and gets the green light to be involved in some way and it's safe for his health, and then it's fine. I just felt like there were I mean many years where I just felt like, man, like, should this guy still be calling games?
Speaker 3: And you know, he's he was.
Speaker 2: Able to do it until you know, of course, his health got got in the way.
Speaker 1: I think a good retirement tour like you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: There's just one year and then I don't know, make his last game. Kentucky or Duke is two favorite.
Speaker 2: Teams, Like they probably would have initiated something like that, but it's one of those things where he wouldn't even he hadn't been able to work consistently these health scares and now he's so up there in age and he's had clearly some real health battles in recent years. Like, I don't really know how you would would go about doing something like that.
Speaker 1: How do you think he is. I'm gonna look it up. I have no clue. I'm gonna guess he's in his eighties. He's gonna say eighty three.
Speaker 3: He's eighty five. Wow, yeah, so he's born in nineteen thirty nine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Dickie, look, he's There's so many people that don't, you know, and it makes me sad because they don't know what they're missing. But we are lunatics for college basketball around here, much more so than really most markets, in fact, every market. There are some other hot debts for the sport, but we're we're different. So we've always known of the guy and we see him all the time and we're like annoyed by him when he's on the game, you know, drooling over Duke and whatnot. But like if you're just a college basketball outsider and you're really only focused on the tournament and you know, only the big moments within the regular season, like when you think of college basketball, you probably think of DICKYV. He was the mascot unofficially for the sport for a really long time, and he loves it. You know, he's an ambassador for it, and I'll always appreciate that as a college basketball super fan. But I just, you know, I never I never felt like even before he got super sick, that like he was still sharp enough to be to be I mean, think about this, how long has it been since uh, gosh, former notre date Digger Phelps. So Digger Phelps, he's been away from ESPN, gosh for at least seven eight years. Yeah, and you know, I think Shosh almost forgot about Digger. He's eighty three, so I feel like, I mean when he's younger than Dick Fittel, and I feel like when he retired he was still for years much more sharp at that than Dick E.
Speaker 1: V was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he let's see when did he retire? Like my last memory of my last memory, Yeah, so he left in twenty fourteen. I was gonna say my last real vivid memory of Digger Phelps was he did well.
Speaker 3: No, it was Bob Knight.
Speaker 2: Bob Knight who got really mad at Kyle Kurri for for dunking on somebody. It was the weakest technical ever staring down but like it was like a week stare down like it was. It was as mild as it gets. You can't it's not even about giving somebody a pass. I think it's humanly impossible to not dunk on somebody the way Kyle did and not have some level of like I just owned you in the most polite way possible. And and you know, but for some reason I was thinking I think they might maybe they went to because Bob Knight would have been the analyst Digger Gigger is only an analyst, not the play by play guys. So maybe I remember watching that in our first apartment many many years ago, and they went to I bet it was at halftime.
Speaker 3: They went to the studio set and Digger was there, and he was.
Speaker 2: He was continuing to not since that Bob Knight was talking about with the uh with the with the dunk that cure can. But yeah, Dicky V is cancer free and that's uh, that's good. All right, Let's go to the text line. FABO two six five three zero seven ninety is the llen N Federal Credit Union text line. So we've basically had two of the same things come in on the text line in different ways. But uh, somebody just sent me this list of quarter that have decided to play in their bowl game. And then one person just mentioned, like, hey, why does Shuck get a pass when it comes to not playing in the bowl game whenever guys that are gonna be really really highly drafted or deciding to play, And I mean giving him a pass. I mean, that's that's up to you. Like if you are if you are upset with these guys not wanting to play in a bowl game and you think that it's it's weak, then that's your opinion. So you've not given them a pass. There's no I mean, not everybody has to have the same opinion. I talked about it yesterday, and I guess that's why you're texting that in. Like I thought, I laid it up pretty clearly when it comes to the potential gain you would get from these bowl games. It's risk worth reward, and the risk is just not worth it because there's very little chance for any reward that could benefit you long term other than you know, making memories. So I don't, I don't, I'm never I'm still not ever like surprised to hear, oh, this guy wants to play in a game. But I'm also not at all surprised whenever they make the decision to just move on, skip the ball and go ahead and start preparing as best they can for their NFL future. Even if they don't have a future in the NFL, they're at least going to try, and an injury here would keep them from being able to get the opportunity a year later when you're you were already a guy that looked like probably wasn't going to be drafted, if you're coming off of an injury and you're you know, joining a new draft class essentially or joining a new list of free like you can't enter the draft again. So like it, you know, it's just it's not, there's so little to gain and a whole lot to lose, even if and I guess, more than anything, it's it's an opportunity that you lose, and I thought the example I gave yesterday was a good one. Cole Hiccattini was a tight end for UFL when Lamar Jackson won his heismand trophy, was statistically one of the best tight ends in the country. Had some legitimate draft buzz gets hurt in that Bowl game against LSU, was never able to work out for any NFL team, did not go to the Combine because of the injury. He ended up later signing US like an undrafted free agent while he got healthy, ended up on the practice squad like who knows if he ever would have had a career in the NFL. But what I do know is that he didn't get a chance to show what he could do in the time when you're supposed to do that. So you know, even if you know that the guy has a better chance of not being an NFL player than being a surefire veteran in the league, the risk of losing the opportunity to potentially really, you know, show out what you can do. That alone makes it to where I get why guys decide not to play. But the news is that shad Or Sanders, who by the way, is certainly going to be drafted maybe, I mean he's gonna be the first round for sure, maybe the first pick. He's gonna play in his ball game. Cam Ward apparently is gonna play in the ballgame for Miami and Jalen Milroe. So you got three quarterbacks that are, you know, all gonna be taken in the first two rounds. I'd say their decisions to play, I mean, that's cool, good for them, Like, you know, I don't you know, they could get hurt and probably still I mean, let's be honest, all three of those guys that just mentioned, they could get hurt and still probably not even fall in the draft. I mean, if Shad or Sanders got hurt, with all the buzz that he has, with the talk of him potentially being the number one pick, an injury, you know, that would keep him for being able to work out. Like these are guys that don't even they aren't even gonna need to work out, Like they don't need to showcase anything at the combine. In fact, they probably will be told not to by the representative. So again, like I think it's cool that they're playing, but their situation is a lot different. They could risk injury, and yeah, maybe it's a career ending injury where they never play again. Maybe they get hit by a bus when they leave their house today. Like I don't know, So I just think every situation is different. And if Chuck or Brooks decided to play, I can't say that I'd be shocked because again, like, hey, maybe that's just how they're wired. But when you do reflect on what you have to gain, which you have to lose, and you decide to go ahead and get ready for that next step in your career, I think it makes total sense. All right, quick break will come back on the other side, keep this thing rolling along, get back to the text line, and we'll have some fun. So stick around right here, it's coffee and company. We are feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety playing content had we had to start with the the intro. We just wanted to make sure you guys were still awake. We wanted you to make sure Wait a second, is it five o'clock?
Speaker 3: Is it three o'clock?
Speaker 2: Is at four o'clock?
Speaker 1: It's a case of the Thursdays. I'm going through it.
Speaker 2: I'm off tomorrow, So taking that last vacation day, the last vacation of the year. So man, the I really, for a second thought it was five o'clock and now it's I realize it's not. And sure enough like that, you know, I'm thirty minutes and I'm out here. We get to go see Santa.
Speaker 1: For that's right, that's positive vibes. Yeah, don't let me ruin your day.
Speaker 2: Well, we just missed out on one of the great music selections that you usually give us.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we'll still we'll get the next one back in the next Well, we can live with it.
Speaker 2: And yes, I'm going to see Santa with my kids this evening and I'm very excited about it. I know you probably have experienced this if you're a parent, and if you're not, I'm sure you've heard people talk about it, and I can confirm on mi end that it is true. You kind of you get the same level of joy out of the Christmas season, Uh, when you when you have children going through it and you're the adult, it's a different type but it's still awesome, Like it's just a different type of awesome. So looking forward to taking Moose and Maya to go see the Big Guy, and uh, I'm sure Moose has got his Christmas list ready and he's gonna let Sanna know he wants everything and uh, and then Maya's probably just gonna hug on him yeah and just say hey, Santa.
Speaker 1: So looking forward to I was gonna ask what what is what? What's at the top of Moose and Maya's list right now? Do you know? Man? Uh?
Speaker 3: Maya wants uh.
Speaker 2: She she's got her baby doll that looks freakishly real, and she wants more strollers. She already has her little toy strollers. She wants more strollers. Nice, she loves shoes, and she wants more clothes for her baby doll.
Speaker 3: So you know, she's she's pretty easy to shop for.
Speaker 2: Moose is as well. But like he'll you know, he'll see like, hey Dad, we should get that truck. Can I get it for Christmas? I'm like, well, son, no, it's not gonna be something Santa brings, but you know, like like a truck you dry like, oh yeah, will you know like uh, like he wants. I mean, I'm not kidding you. If if my son could get one thing, he would want a lawnmower, a riding lawnmower, because he he there's nothing he loves more than mowers and cutting the grass. And uh, you know, it became like a it was you know, every kid, I think has their own interests and whatnot, but when he was really young, he just became obsessed with with with lawnmowers.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I would I would be at a friend or a family member's house and uh, you know if they if they cut their own lawn and they've got like a big riding lawnmower.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then then Mason wanted to go see it, and I would like, hey, let's go, let's go look at his mower. And then it turned into where like now anytime we go there, he demands to be taken on a motor on a lawnmower ride with whoever whoever's house we're at. So if he could get one thing it would be, it would be a lawnmower. And then for a while, I think he now understands these aren't things that you know, you just keep at the house, but like bulldozers and excavators, real.
Speaker 3: Big and into that kind of stuff. So it sounds like he.
Speaker 1: Wants to be as so he's I don't know where he gets it from, but he's already much more of a manly man than me.
Speaker 3: When it comes to that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I have to call Moose to change our tie.
Speaker 2: That's the reason we call him Moose. You know, he's the name certainly fits. He's uh, he's he's a big fella and uh, you know, he's he's pretty tough, tougher than me.
Speaker 1: He better be on that nice list.
Speaker 3: Oh he he he knows.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: He and one thing with the elf on the shelf, which has been a lot of fun forever for shelf. Oh yeah, really really competitive. And Pickles is the name of of of their elf and she ends up in all kinds of crazy places because she's she's totally crazy. They may be listening right now, so they're gonna hear me talk about Pickles. But I didn't know this, but apparently a daycare because you're not supposed to touch your elf and if and if so, then the elf loses the magic and that impacts Christmas and that's just what you want to avoid. But I guess somebody at daycare told Moose that if you accidentally touch it, you have to sing every Christmas song you know to the elf, and then they get their magic back. So I had no clue why, but he went into eight like Christmas Carol playlist, him yelling because he accidentally touched pickles, and you know, thought maybe Christmas wasn't happening.
Speaker 1: So my man is real paranoid, it disciplined.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's He's definitely a big time Christmas guy, which you know, it runs in the family.
Speaker 3: It certainly does. All right.
Speaker 2: So we talked a little bit earlier about the YouTube TV price going up, and for those who missed it, it wasn't like some huge topic on the on the show, but they have raised their prices quite a bit. And I still love YouTube TV and I was happy to cut the cord. But now when you look at the price, like, it's not something that I'm like, oh yeah, I'm definitely canceling. But I am for the first time now considering like, with all these streaming services that I pay for, what do I really need live TV for from like a YouTube TV or even a Spectrum or a Hulu Live. And it's still just because you need to have certain cable subscriptions to watch some of these channels, even if they have an app. However, you know a lot of those channels I don't watch, so the local channels and of course ESPN. This is something that I did not realize, and I'm glad somebody sent this in on the text line to let me know of this. If you don't have a TV provider, you can't watch standard ESPN with ESPN Plus And that makes total sense that and that makes sense as to why, to be honest with you, a lot of these live streaming platforms are are still thriving because you know that matters like the most watched live things of the year are sports, and a lot of them are on ESPN. And if you just have ESPN Plus, I guess you can't watch that, So that makes sense. But this is a timely update. This is from Park Associates Research Center. They've got an update here for twenty twenty four as we're wrapping up the year. The top ten US subscription streaming video services. Now, keep in mind, this is not this is not a YouTube TV or a direct TV or anything like that. This is just you paying for a subscription streaming service to where you're not you can util They occasionally will have a live event, but the majority of their existence is because of just being a streaming channel to where they've just got loads of content you can go watch on demand and any time as long as you have an Internet connection, so it's not live.
Speaker 3: So number one.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna see how many of these you have astin you're ready, I'm gonna see how many of these students do you have?
Speaker 3: Prime Video?
Speaker 1: Yes, technically it's a girlfriends but yes it's on the TV.
Speaker 2: Prime is number one, and it doesn't really surprise me just because of like the power of Amazon. But lately, I never find myself like if I'm watching Amazon Prime, if that app is up on my smart TV or my Roku, it's just because of the Sunday night or the Thursday night football game. Like fair They've had some good original stuff, but I just haven't found myself like looking for for anything on there in a while. Like I've watched some really good shows, but I just I don't know. I don't feel like it's got a whole lot of momentum as far as new and fresh content. But again a lot of people have it because they have Amazon Prime, the subscription to you know, purchase things online. Right, It's probably gonna be number one for a while. But Netflix is number two, no surprise. I'm assuming you have Netflix. Do you have Disney Plus?
Speaker 1: Yes, I sure do.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Disney.
Speaker 2: Plus is one that we we rarely ever use, and uh, in fact, I'll confess to a crime. I know a lot of people are guilty of this crime as well. I don't actually have Disney Plus. I have access to it, but I don't. It's my sisters. Yeah, so I don't pay for it, but I have it, which is probably why I never like think of it. And we have used it lately though, just because it's got good Christmas.
Speaker 1: Movies, which, by the way, oh sure, last night I put on Jingle all the way Arnold Horsenegger. Yeah bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's a classic.
Speaker 1: My wife's like I never really liked this when she went to bed, didn't want to horse I went. I went to school with Sindbad's like daughter, like an illegitimate daughter years ago and that side streets.
Speaker 3: Let's could have dropped that on me at five point thirty six.
Speaker 1: Chase a squirrel real quick for you, nick this This girl her name was Rachel. I don't know what she's doing now, but for years they were People have always said like it that's Simbad's daughter. Like, you know, I'm like Simbad the comedian, and I just thought it was I just thought it was I thought she was cappin, right. I thought it was just all for clout and nobody can prove her wrong. So she's just gonna with no one's Yeah, she's just gonna run away with it. So I even looked it up on Google, like relentlessly, and I never saw anything about like a Rachel. I never saw anything like any young pictures of her with this family. She had no proof, no proof. But then once, you know, at graduation, she's walking down with freaking Simbad and I'm like, oh my god, you gotta be kidding me. That's Simbad, right, Because someone says, there goes Rachel with Simbad, and I look over, I'm like, oh, man, who would have? And I guess at the end of the day, he wasn't really kind of in her life most of the time. And then they kind of as she got a little bit older.
Speaker 3: He said started, Well, she didn't have the proof of getting.
Speaker 1: Back into it, but she she ran with that bro.
Speaker 3: This was in Arizona.
Speaker 1: This, yeah, this is in Tucson. Palaverti High School.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you could throw me some potential random things that I'm gonna find out throughout the show, finding out that Austin went to school with Sinndbad's child, that he didn't have a whole lot to do with this that would have not been not been on the list though, but here we are there.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like when you randomly on the air.
Speaker 2: Like tell me that one of your first jobs was you had to dress up as Chucky. Geez, I'm like, that's hilarious. Are you being serious? And you know he was being serious, so good stuffy man. Last night I watched on Disney Plus Jingle all the Way, and I was very very bummed to know that Moose wasn't into it, and I think his mom set him up when she said she didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Then he was just.
Speaker 1: Bored with Oh yeah, Stock.
Speaker 3: Do you have Hulu?
Speaker 1: I have Hulu.
Speaker 2: Hulu has had some good stuff, but I usually watched Hulu mostly for all the FX stuff, like the FX shows. Okay, yeah, because that's where most of their stuff is.
Speaker 1: That American story, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've talked about Peacock. Peacock, I have it, Honestly, I can't think of anything original on Peacock that I've watched. I ended up getting it, uh for access to like because again there's certain channels that YouTube TV doesn't have. They have most of them, but like, I watched a lot of stuff on A and E. So with Peacock, I get access to these A and E channel, these A and E shows on demand, and that's why I got that. And they've had some good movies on there occasionally, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also with Peacock, the you know, the I don't I don't consume it much, but they do have the full wrestling catalog, and uh, you know, it is nostalgic every now and then to throw on a Monday Night Raw after I've hit a couple of gummies and you know, it's kind of you're just gonna want to kind of vibe. You know.
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed that era of wrestling whenever I was young, and then.
Speaker 1: Want to go watch someone get a mud hole stomping in your ass.
Speaker 3: It's right.
Speaker 2: Uh So HBO Max is number six. I have that, and that's I'm sorry to use that. I'm surprised that it's not more popular because they just HBO has just had so many really good shows. But uh, it's one of the more expensive ones, I believe, so maybe that's why it's down the list. And then number seven is Paramount Plus.
Speaker 3: Do you have that?
Speaker 1: I do, but I'm never on it.
Speaker 3: Same here, I have it, I pay for it.
Speaker 1: And uh, the two shows they've had that I did like, Uh.
Speaker 2: One was Gosh, what is the name of it? Which I guess it wasn't that good if I can't think of the name of it. I watched Tulsa King on there. I haven't watched the second season.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Did you ever watch that one?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't watched that. It's on Paramount.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a Paramount Plus show.
Speaker 2: And then the I don't watch it off but my wife really likes the the MTV Challenge shows. I guess now they they have like you know they have I guess they have the archive of those old shows, but also they have like they still do those shows.
Speaker 1: And I don't think they're at all on MTV anymore. I think they're now all on on. Ridiculousness is on MTV twenty four seven every you know, basically every second of the day. All Right, So the the.
Speaker 2: Mayor of Kingstown is the crime thriller that has three seasons on on on Paramount Plus that I really liked, and I think that's why I subscribe for it. And I don't know if I've used it much since then. Apple TV they don't have as much as others, so like, I get why it's at number eight on this list, but I will tell you this, like they've had some of the best original shows I've ever watched. Its severance is phenomenal. It's coming out with the second season before I think it actually comes out next month.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: Again, we talked about this the other day. Remember when I thought Apple TV was like an aptual TV? Yeah, yeah, uh so for it was I'd gone through so many shows, like I'd binged so many series and just you know, like and I haven't watched one in a long time out of think about as far as just getting lost in the show, but like it was something I was just constantly trying to find shows that I didn't know of that were really really good. And I had had all the other streaming platforms, the streaming apps and and just thought, okay, and I'm just waiting for new stuff. Well, then once I realized Apple TV wasn't what I thought it was, I got a subscription to that and I found all these awesome shows on there, so I kind of like it's like I found like Bury Treasure or something, because I these are some of these shows were like years old, but I went through probably all of them that you know that I've watched really quickly.
Speaker 3: It's really good stuff.
Speaker 2: And then number nine is ESPN Plus, which I think with that, well, I don't know I was gonna say that.
Speaker 3: Tells you that they're because this is when you.
Speaker 2: Figure out the number for the what the number means as far as the super Bowl rating, and you realize that the super Bowl can break a record for viewership and yet still half the country didn't watch it. Like that blows my mind because I'm just thinking, what the hell could you be doing if you're not involved, if you're not watching the super Bowl, Like it's literally where everything stops. It's the freaking super Bowl. But there's so many people to where sports is not a part of the culture, and it's just you know, I'm sure they're great people, but like I can't relate to them. So part of me says, yeah, I guess seeing ESPN Plus at number nine is not a is not a surprise because there are people out there, believe it or not, that don't love sports. But then again, most of the sports that get the insane viewership is not on ESPN Plus, right, It's on ESPN or one of the channels within ESPN ABC National, Right, So you know that's probably not a bad sign for sports viewership because again, if you're watching ESPN Plus and you really need and you need it not because you want it, but you need it to watch what you want to watch, it's probably because your team plays in a league to where that's the only place you can get those games, and without that you can cause again you don't even need you don't need ESPN Plus to watch Louisville play last night against whoever the UTEP who's on the ACC Network Extra. You can watch it if you have an ESPN Plus subscription, but you can just utilize your your television service. So like in YouTube TV to be able to watch ACC Network Extra because I get access to that because I pay YouTube TV to be able to watch ESPN. And then number ten, I didn't even know this was the thing. YouTube Premium is that like just to skip ads.
Speaker 1: They have their own right, no ads.
Speaker 2: Like I kind of feel like now that I do remember YouTube having like some original series, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, I never watched him. I never paid for it.
Speaker 1: Like one of the biggest ones when it first started and got really popular was Copra Kai Copra Kai was Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that launched it.
Speaker 2: I think that kind of launched them having their own version of like, you know, original shows. Yeah, it looks like they've had Yeah, but I'm sure enough they I mean, I don't know any of these shows, to be honest with you, I've not heard of a lot of them, but they have had Now.
Speaker 1: It's on Netflix. What is uh Cobra Kai?
Speaker 3: Oh is it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so I guess they don't own any of They probably just purchased exclusive rights to have that as their launch of their own streaming service.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I think the reason I brought this up is because we did talk about it earlier. Like I think what a lot of people said is that we're subscribing to so many different streaming services and there, and they're cheap, but when you add them all up, you might as well just rely on a provider like a Spectrum and or even a direct TV, because you'll have access to those channels, meaning you can then use the apps like you may just be able to. It may it may make sense for people to now realize, Okay, the price differential is either you know, there's no difference at all, or maybe it's a couple of bucks. So therefore, instead of having five six different things I pay for, even though it all adds up to be the same, I might as well just pay for, you know, somebody to give me all of those in one price. Because when I see YouTube TV going up to eighty four nine or eighty three ninety nine, knowing what I'm paying for all these other things like it's it's for the first time, it's got me thinking like do I really need all this? And actually I know the answer, I don't, but it's hard for me to just get rid of something that I know.
Speaker 3: Occasionally I may.
Speaker 2: Watch a new show or watch a show that you know has a new season or something like that.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to our last break.
Speaker 2: We'll come back here on the other side and wrap up the show and uh, you know, finish strong. That's what we're gonna try to do Coffee and Company. We are feel about Thortons right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Coffee and Company with Nick Coffee on Sports Talk seven nine days.
Speaker 2: That's right, coffee and Company here on Sports Talk seven ninety. We are fueled by Thorntons and we are almost out of time, so let me use what time we have to once again reminds you about the phenomenal product and.
Speaker 3: Service that is Blue Choe. Blue Cheo offers the.
Speaker 2: Same active ingredients as Viagra and Cialis, but in a fraction of the cost, and in.
Speaker 3: A little blue chewable pill.
Speaker 2: That actually tastes delicious. It tastes like candy. But that's not why you need it. You need it because it can help you in the bedroom. Maybe you don't need help as far as performing getting the job done, but what if you could do a better job when it's all said and done. That's where blue Choo can come in. It's it's an enhancement and you may not think you need it, and again maybe you don't, but why would you not want to take something that's already great.
Speaker 3: And make it even better?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Continuous improvements?
Speaker 1: So Blue Choo.
Speaker 2: They believe in their products so much they're gonna let you try for free, absolutely free.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is pay to get it to you.
Speaker 2: It's five bucks shipping, and then you get to try the product for free for a month. Dot com promo code Nick seven ninety nick seven nine zero and you will get it for free for a month. All you gotta do is pay by books shipping Blue Choo. Shew it and do it all right. It's a night's NFL game, Rams Niners. Uh, Niners favored by two and a half. Why am I surprised by that line? Like they sucked the last month?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean, iflick, the Rams should be favored like the Rams. I mean, I don't think that they're I don't know that that's me. I think the Rams are capable of beating I.
Speaker 1: Thought you said the Niners were favored. No, they are.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I feel like the Rams should be.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well yeah they should. Well, the Rams or the Niners have kind of been.
Speaker 2: I mean the Niners have had bad luck with injuries. Uh, they're six and seven. I mean these teams are similar to the Rams are seven and six. The Niners are six and seven. Neither is having as good of a year as they probably thought they'd be having. But like I think, momentum. Maybe I'm just crazy and I don't my memory is off, but I feel like the Rams have momentum here to where you feel like they would be the favorite here.
Speaker 1: They do. They're fully healthy, they finally got pookin the Kua Kopa Cup. Cooper cut back both their guys back. Of course, the McVeigh Stafford thing. That's a that's a team. They could be dangerous the first couple of rounds in the playoffs. Dude.
Speaker 2: The Rams started the season one in five and since then they have won six of eight, so they've got momentum on their side.
Speaker 3: I like the.
Speaker 2: Rams money line. I mean, I wouldn't put a lot on it, but that's what I'm rolling with tonight.
Speaker 1: I like that too.
Speaker 3: Let's let's ride, then.
Speaker 1: Let's do that, do it, Let's do that first touchdown?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh that'll that'll give us some juice. That's a decent a decent payday. I haven't looked at the college basketball slate. Usually Thursdays aren't great nights for for games, especially from the Power conferences, and we do have a rivalry game, and you know it is a real one. Iowa State in Iowa. Iowa State's the number three team in the country. They are at Iowa and Iowa State is favored by five and a half. I don't know enough to make a confident wager, but hey, hell, lot of the wagers I make I don't have much confidence in, but it still does.
Speaker 3: That's just what we do. And it's just that's just uh, that's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And there are some Yeah, I'm looking here.
Speaker 2: I got a little I got a little excited for no reason because there are some decent games tomorrow night, including Indiana Nebraska, but those that they're already showing up as lines for tomorrow, they're actually not tonight. So enjoy a Thursday night football if that's something that you're into. If not, just enjoy your Thursday night deal, whatever it is you want to do, and we'll be back at it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Austin.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your final vacation day, brother, Thank you smack on Monday. See yes, sir, I'm back looking.
Speaker 3: Forward to it.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your long weekend you guys again, We'll talk to you tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety