Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the great American. Of course, Frank LaRose, the second cousin of Buddy LaRosa, is the Ohio Secretary of State. Big announcement on Monday. I've focal with Tabey Khamaswami. Going to join you and I sometime early next week. But in the meantime, once again, Frank Lrose, Secretary of State, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Before we go much further, I'm watching one of the cable channels this morning, and New York City wants to very badly allow US citizens to actually vote non US citizens to vote in US elections, and that because the taxes are being paid, et cetera. And so we're in California. The same thing occurred there. Many cities allow non citizens to vote, supposedly, not on federal elections, it's in state elections. And this is a recipe for total disaster, the taking you over the ballot box by electraing radicals. So what is the latest New York City about their desires to have non citizens voting in US elections.
Speaker 2: This is madness. And by the way, they tried this in Ohio in a little place called the village of Yellow Springs, where the communists that run the place thought that they could pass a village resolution authorizing non citizens to vote. Of course I had to step in and remind them that that's illegal. And here's the other thing. If you talk to a group of recent citizens, those that have earned their citizenship, raised their right hand, pass the test, stood in line, they would tell you, don't you dare cheapen the thing that I worked so hard to earn. New American immigrants, new American citizens would tell you that citizenship has value, it has status, it means something. For the City of New York, foolishly to try to allow non citizens to vote is just the height of liberal insanity. I think that common sense will prevail. And here's the other thing. Just the administration of an election like that is going to cause problems. You have to have two separate voter registration systems, two separate sets of voting machines. Right, because non citizens can only vote in local elections. They can't vote in federal elections they're prohibited from that. And in state wide elections in New York they can't vote. So it's just a bad idea, just another in the list of bad liberal ideas related to voting.
Speaker 1: You know, this morning, the five deputy mayors in New York City all resigned in this grace. Allegedly, Cuomo is going to become the next mayor Keel. She's a real clown. She's the governor of the state of New York. She has the power to remove Mayor Adams, to take him out of the thing completely. It's not as if New York City is so well run or I don't know about Yellow Springs. I think I was there one time, playing basketball at a college there. But nonetheless, these are far left wing groups of people that already have every politician they want on the left side to be in power. No one in Yellow Springs is a constitutional Republican. I would imagine that little city voted eighty percent for Kamala Harris. In New York City, you can't find a Republican with a search warrant. So it's like a solution in search of a problem. It's not as if it's not run the way they want to run those cities anyway, and so they're looking for excuses to give. I guess, immigrants illegal immigrants. There's a big difference in my book between legal and illegal. The media doesn't make that distinction, but there's a big difference between the two. Legal immigrants can vote. They go through the process. I've sworn some in at some point down at the US Courthouse, United States District Court. It was wonderful to talk to watch the faces of proud Americans for the first time register to vote, and the way you go and so, Ohio, how much difficulty did you have with Yellow Springs? Did you? Did they actually believe that illegalists could vote? What county? By the ways, Yellow Springs is that Clark County?
Speaker 2: It's Green County. And so the Green County Board of Elections, Green County Board of Elections called me up. This is in twenty twenty two, I believe, Green County Board of Elections called me up and said, hey, what do we do. We've got one of our villages claiming that they're going to allow non citizens to vote. And I kind of did the all right, hold my beer, I got this. We sent a letter to the village council there and reminded them that if they are helping non citizens vote, they may actually be helping them commit a felony which makes them subject to immediate deportation. And they relented, They backed down and decided not to do this. But this is why we went to the ballot and changed the Ohio constitution, because I had a couple of lawyers whisper in my ear that you know, if the village from Yellow Springs had actually fought this and taken me to court, they might have won because it was not clear in our state constitution. Well, we fixed that a couple of years ago. And by the way, over seventy percent of Ohioan's voted yes to the very simple question should American elections in Ohio only be open to America citizens? It is now part of our state constitution.
Speaker 1: Well, I wonder about the other thirty percent, Right, thirty percent said let's let non citizens vote? What about that one?
Speaker 2: It defies common says. And here's the other problem with cities like New York. I mean, what a great American city, in many cases an international show place. When people want to visit the United State, it's one of the first things they want to do is go to New York City, see the Statue of Liberty. And the problem is that city has been so poorly run for so long it's given people a really bad impression of our country. I love New York City. The problem is it's a disaster right now. Don't even mention Chicago. Frank Sinatra called Chicago my kind of town. If you go there now, you don't want to walk the streets.
Speaker 1: How about Washington, DC? That should be the jewel that shines throughout the world. Ones may I use the term foreigners come here? They want to look at the capital of the United States of America, of the city of Washington, d C. Is uninhabitable and you can't go there.
Speaker 2: One of my great joys is going for a run in Washington, d C. I love bringing my running shoes. And so a couple of months ago I was there in the summer. My wife said, well, what's it like? I said, imagine if a city was run by a bunch of fourteen year old boys. And I can say this having been one once. It is complete chaos. You can sleep where you want, you can take a leak where you want. I mean, there's tenths pitched everywhere, trash blowing around. It's really a nightmare. And by the way, I think that I think that Congress is going to exercise its authority to rain some of that in think about this. This is the place where all of the embassies are for all of our allies around the world. We can't allow DC to continue to be trashed by liberal nuffleheads.
Speaker 1: All let's talk about next week. You're going to run for State Auditor and vi veg Ramaswami. There's a couple candidates up. One is David Yost, who is serving with you one of the five constitutional offer he's the Attorney General. He said he's going to run, and of course vivike Rama Swami he's going to announce on Monday that he's going to run. Why have you thrown your support behind viveke Ramaswami and not David Yost.
Speaker 2: I tell you what. For me, it comes down to vision and the courage to actually execute that vision. Listen, when I was in the army, I remember there being leaders that you followed because you had to because they have more rank on their shoulder than you do. And then those leaders that you want to follow, those leaders that inspire you to be a better version of yourself. I see that same thing that we call a command presence, that leadership in vivek Ramaswami. Not only does he have a really bold vision to make Ohio the most prosperous state in the nation. But he's got the courage to actually carry it out. And this is what I see in President Trump as well. How many presidents over the years have talked about getting rid of the Department of Education or putting the US embassy in Jerusalem where it belongs to Well, you know what, Trump has actually been getting these kind of things done. But veg Ramaswami is the same kind of leader. And that's why if he runs for governor, I believe he will. I'm going to be behind of one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And the issue of Department of Education. I read this morning that the in most urban districts, a total of fifteen percent of the money that they spend, like in Cincinni Public Schools or Columbus or Toledo or Dayton, fifteen percent come from the FEDS, and that money is largely misspent. The other eighty five percent is bureaucratic expenses. There's something like ninety two thousand people that work in the Department of Education, large buildings all over Washington, Outpost and the various states. And imagine those moneys being used instead of to hire people and benefits and buildings being hired to guarantee by the fourth grade, every kid in America can read. You have to learn how to read, to read to learn. If you don't learn how to read, earning the other academic disciplines or functioning in life is going to be almost impossible. And every year that goes by it gets worse and worse and worse. And the solution is to spend more money. Obviously than the one hundred and ten I'm sorry, one hundred and forty billion dollars we spend in the Department of Education is not enough. And the teachers' unions and others say we've got to spend more money. We don't have to spend more money. I think we have great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, absolutely, I always that's the question. What's the mission? And the mission should be to prepare young Americans for careers and citizenship. That should be what the Department of Education does. Unfortunately, it's an abject failure at those things. The only thing it's good at is employing tens of thousands of adults and pushing a radical liberal agenda, which in many cases is anti American. And so I think that you know, if there's federal support that needs to come to schools. Just block granted to the schools and lets those localities spend that those dollars. Wisely, this mass bureaucracy needs to go because it doesn't accomplish its mission.
Speaker 1: And CPS, I'm familiar with Cincinnati Public schools, like eighty percent of the kids are not performing at the eighth grade level by the time they get there in spelling, or in civic studies or English whatever it might be, or mathematics. It doesn't work. And instead of saying, okay, we have to stop this madness. You can't be fourteen years old and you can't read. We got to stop this. But they instead of doing that, they pass on to the freshman year, the sophomore year. No one fails in anything, and there's no objective evidence that any of the money being spent is actually well spent. In fact, we spend in Cincinnati about twenty thousand dollars per kid per year and about thirty percent don't show up for class in any particular day. As shocking statistic which is disgusting, is that seventy one percent of black boys are chronically absent from school. And how in the world. Can you have a school system and with kids aren't in school.
Speaker 2: Well, and let's talk about this bluntly as what it is. It's perpetuating generational poverty and low expectations. This is why I think one of the great civil rights issues of our era is school choice. No child should be stuck, No parents should be stuck sending their child to a bad school simply because of what zip code you live in. And if we don't fix this issue, what we're doing is just perpetuating problems that are going to show up when these young men and women are in their teenage and twenties.
Speaker 1: And we see it constantly, and there's no resolution or idea. Okay, we're on the wrong track. We've had like four superintendents in the past five years. School board members are quitting, the teachers are fed up to hear with the bureaucracy out of Clifton where the headquarters are. Parents are not sending their kids to school, and it's okay, well, let's arrange these chairs on the Titanic conticipating a different result. And it begins, Frank, and you're a parent. You told me off the area. You just spent days and days in a volleyball tournament with a third teen year old daughter. I think in Kansas or Missouri out west, you cared enough in your family to transport kids there to house, clothe and feed them get them back. I would imagine by the time your kids are in the first grade, I would imagine they already know how to read or identify pictures and photos. They're literate. And so at some point maybe we can stop the charade and say we're going to begin with the first grade in urban public schools, and we want the parents to be directly involved in the education of their children. They will support what the teachers do in school. Number one, They'll show up for school every day, the homework will be done, and if not, there's going to be consequences. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: It makes sense, And it's about high expectations. As parents. Lauren and I have high expectations for our kids, and our kids are like any kids. They want to screw around after school instead of doing their homework. Right, But we love them enough to take the dog on iPads and cell phones away, or turn off the TV and make them do their homework. And so there's some parental responsibility here as well.
Speaker 1: No question about it. All right, we got to run. But insanity's doing the same things anticipating different results. And whether it's doze. I watch on all the shows what's happening, and the criticisms of the liberal Democrats against Donald Trump and against Elon Musk. I see the sign you can't spell Felon without Elon. If I see that sign again, that's ridiculous. And those who have been in charge created a system of complete abuse and neglect of the American taxpayer. And how about this one lastly? GAO three years ago during the Biden regime said that every year the federal government spends between two hundred and fifty to five hundred and fifty billion dollars every year as a result of waste, fraud, and abuse. Take that number over four years. That means in the four years Biden was in office, one to two trillion dollars was fritted away. I have a list here of those over the age of one hundred getting Social Security checks. There's some Americans that are one hundred and fifty years old getting Social Security checks. I don't think that's accurate. I don't think anyone's one hundred and fifty years old. But the system needs complete reform, and you can't keep doing the same thing anticipating a different result. Lastly, should Doze come to Ohio. I'm going to ask a bank m question. Explain that to me. Doze in Ohio?
Speaker 2: So absolutely so. The swamp doesn't want to be drained. And that's what you see in Washington, DC right now, where all these bureaucrats are, you know, out on the streets protesting what government. What Elon Musk and President Trump are doing to actually bring government efficiency. We need to bring that same mentality to Ohio. By the way, this is why I'm running for Auditor of State. Auditor does two things. Catches crooks that are stealing public money and puts them in jail. Hoo rah. That's great. But the other part about it is making government work more efficiently. The auditor has the power to do what's called a performance audit, meaning come in, open the hood and figure out if it's not running on all cylinders. I plan to use this office as o DOJE Ohio Department of Government Efficiency. And by the way, with a courageous leader like vivike Ramaswami in the Governor's office, we'll be able to actually reform state government to make it work better for the people.
Speaker 1: Are you going to get sideways with David Yost if you endorse his opponent? What about that one, Frank LeRose.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you what. That's the tough nature of this business. Sometimes I like Dave, I wish him well, but you have to choose who's the best choice for Ohio. This is not about who I like the best or the most personal relationships. I like both of these guys, but this is about what's best for Ohio, the state that my children are going to grow up in, and for me, vike Ramaswami is the obvious choice.
Speaker 1: It's going to happen Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of next week. And then once again, Frank LeRose three four seven, thanks for coming on the Bill cunning m Show. I think we have a pretty good auditor right now with you on, with you on top for the next four years, it's going to be even better. I always take a veg, take the best and make it better. Same way with the Auditor's office. And once again, Frank LeRose, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Frank, you're a great American.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, sir, Keith Favors done a great job. I can work to take it to the next level. God bless you, see you soume.
Speaker 1: Thank you Keith Favors, the current auditor. All right, thank you, Frank. Let's continue with more news coming up. And by the way, it would be interesting if Doze would come to eight oh one Plump Street, or Doze would come to Cincinnati Public schools. How much money is being wasted there? Wouldn't that be interesting? The doge concept needs to come to everywhere in government to wash out the waste, fraud, and abuse and programs that don't work. Let's continue with more Bill cunning in the Great American Live. I show them the Red Legs back out at Big Time and good Year and more at Show Them the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WL