Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Shannon, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Hello, Hi Shannon.
Speaker 3: Oh Hi, I'm sorry. Hello Jesus. I'm supposed to say you broke up and I didn't hear my name.
Speaker 2: Not a problem, my dear. How can I help you?
Speaker 3: Well, I have two things, and I hope I can just condense them, so I don't go on and on with.
Speaker 2: Well me too, condense away.
Speaker 3: You know how things stockpile sometimes. Indeed, it seems like the first thing my family is well, we'll just say my mother is eighty four and my father is eighty seven, just a brief history of time. I don't really have that much of a connection with my father because he was gone since I was two and I'm well into my fifties. And my mother, I've kind have stayed away from her, so you could say I haven't seen her in five years, but she's not too far away, and there is someone that I talked to that brings her up occasionally. Now, the history of my family is one of of of triangulation techniques, heavy politics, deeply entrenched, so I've kind of been drawn into that on and off throughout my life, and even as a child, I recognized it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so trying that's kind of a sort of a pop psychology, yeah, term, but it pulls in, always pulling in a third party, scapegoating, all playing both ends against the middle of those types of things.
Speaker 3: Right, And you know that's an old that's an old game. It goes goes way back to the beginning of time. Sure, but as a child you don't understand it. I've spent years trying to figure out what that was and how how it's actually affected me, to the point that at this stage in my life, I've totally isolated myself from it. That's the only way I can deal with it, because otherwise I get sucked back in.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's bring you to today and your questions for me.
Speaker 3: I can't have the family experience that is portrayed, you know, in the world, the one that we're supposed to have, that we're pressured to have. And you know, my mother's getting older, and I don't know how I'm supposed to behave. I would like to interact with my mother, but there's so many danger zones, not only with my mother but who she is, you know, who the other people she draws into the picture that create problems, and to me, it really is a dangerous place to be. But I have feelings about my mother, you know. But after working through this, after all these years, I've come to the point, and this was the question I had to your person to answer the phone. Is is it possible that you you can't make peace with your family and you have to make peace with that?
Speaker 2: Yes? And oftentimes really know, you.
Speaker 3: Know, because you know, if you're gnashing of the teeth and soul searching and all that, you know, really self analyzation. You know, can you come to a place, you know where you know for sure that you you can't go back there?
Speaker 2: Well, you can define define certain you know, fair areas first of all, Norman Rockwellian type. Uh, you know, turkey coming out, piping hot and family sitting around and all of that stuff doesn't exist and shouldn't exist. Uh, it's not it's you're not seeking perfection. What you are seeking is is excellence, which is to spend time with you know, it's kind of what you end up hitting on the way to perfection that everybody wants. That's important. And uh, it's not that that you're ever going to hit that expectations is the killer of all things, this kind of notion that, well, I expect the family should be this what you should expect is fairness and the lack of hostility and humanness to one another and familiarity and all these things. And you play a part in that with your mother. In the case of your question with your mother, it's really about defining your kind of borders and saying, Okay, this is how I will see her. I will see her on my terms in places of safety that I feel secure, and that's it. And you won't, you know, you find them on their level. It's interesting that if if your mother was born without legs, or heaven forbid, in some accident where she didn't have legs, you wouldn't be calling me saying, you know, I am a little upset because I like to run and my mother can't run, so so I don't want to be around her because she can't run. You'd find ways to spend time with her in places she was capable of enjoying that mutual time.
Speaker 3: Correct, well, I've done that. I've done that, and even then it seriously became a danger zone.
Speaker 2: This then it shows, but then it shows that she has more damage there. If she has more damage or she can't interact with you, then that's the equivalent of her being dead emotionally. And in that case, that's a place where you have to come to peace with and that that's not your family unit. If family unit is not just your biological family. If you pull away from everyone, that's something you've done. Pulling away from those that hurts you is one thing, but assuming everyone's going to hurt you is just silliness.
Speaker 3: Okay. Second part of that question is if that person, I know, I can't control people, but my child, Okay, he's grown, he's a professional, he has had a life. This my mother. You know, I've never tried to control her relationships because I understand how why people do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I've.
Speaker 3: Risen above it, and I understand that she has to do that, and that's her, that's her. But if if she's before she leaves this world, is trying to infect my child with that? And all myself left is prayer.
Speaker 2: But how so he's trying to infect your child with what with the with the same.
Speaker 3: Kind of talking about what family is, as if as if she knows that's what family is I have to trust that my son can understand.
Speaker 2: Absolutely you're the one that gave him the tools, but this exactly, and if you've you've got to be able to show examples of these things and not just demonize people or say, well, they're going to do this. People are who they are. And and my my biggest fear, Shannon, is that you throw a lot of terms around and there's a lot of understanding, but I don't hear a lot of application. And those two things can be very detrimental because I hear this a lot in kind of the self help movement and these types of things, is that people learn terms or learn how to self diagnose, but then don't apply it in their life. And I'm and you know, we're only limited in our time today to talk about it, so we're not going to hear everything. I'm telling you these things so that you can be careful and see signs of problems. But it's very easy to learn the terms and go, oh, well, I'm doing this or I'm feeling this, or I understand this, and not apply them. If you are in a place of healthiness, then people will want to be around you. To me, I feel you pulling away from everybody, and that's not a healthy place to be. You need to be healthy and in a place of life light, and the cockroaches don't want to come your way because cockroaches don't want to play in light. So you build kind of an area where the sun comes in and shines and there's you know, productivity going on, whether it be hobbies or interests or things like this, not just sitting on the couch pondering the world affairs or problems or these types of things, but really engaging life and letting it engage you back. And people will want to be around that naturally. But if you start pulling away from people, if you say, hey, you know, my mom has hurt me and I don't have the best relationship with her. But to your son, you say that doesn't mean that I don't want you to have a relationship with her. But if she ever does anything that makes you feel bad about yourself or hurts you, I want you. I want you to tell me, and I want to be a place where you feel safe and things. But just because I had a bad relationship with her or don't have a healthy one, doesn't mean that you can't just be aware of pitfalls and know that I'm here for you should they occur. But you know, you may have more similarities with your mom than you think, and that brings up all kinds of other headbutting. But ultimately there's nothing wrong with people defining their own you know, boundaries and saying you have to come here in this context, in this way. I just don't want you to shut out everyone in your life. Mark, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm well, How can I help you?
Speaker 4: Thanks for taking my call. Well, I'm hoping you can clear a couple of things up for me, Yes, sir, being that there you know, the existence of several for lack of a better term, like mainstream religions exist in different parts of the planet, and apparently we're born at different times. How do you I'm having the problem with one thing is know he you know. And obviously people are very uh you know, devout to their own religion, and it doesn't make sense that all of them can.
Speaker 2: Well, no, the battles between the religion. There's an old saying that that they can all be wrong, but they can't all be right because the fact that that by the very nature of these belief systems, Mark, they contradict each other, and they can't all be right, but they can all be wrong. So are you asking what's the best way to decide which one's right?
Speaker 4: Well, not necessarily which one is right, but but why you know why, let's say Christianity is I mean I was I was raised Catholic. Okay, so you know, I don't know a whole lot about a lot of the other religions, you know, enough to be staying or such about it, you know, but you know, I do know that they are diametrically opposed in a lot of in a lot of areas, and you know they can't coexist. And well certain you know, like the Muslims, the the.
Speaker 2: Hardcore, well they can they could coexist emotionally, and you know intellectually they're allowed to co exist. That when it comes to the different belief systems, Mark, they you have to weigh at all against each other. I mean, this is why it becomes a personal search. If if you look at a mountain, or you look at you know in days gone past, where they had to create roads, they there were you know, it depended where you started from to where you made the road. And you kind of cut it through this way and cut through that way, But sooner or later one path seemed to run ahead of the rest because it was probably more efficient and better for everyone. So those little trails kind of went by the wayside, and then you had highways and byways and all of these things. So when it comes to a belief system, you start asking yourself, well, which one's right or are they all wrong? And that's the unfortunate thing is a lot of people will say they're all wrong because it takes too much to kind of decipher. But it really doesn't if you take the time. Regardless of where you grow up, when you're raised, you have the ability to change your mind. You can look around and say, you know what, it doesn't make sense to me anymore, or I don't like what it stands for. What have you? You can search and if there is a belief system out there that's worth its weight, it'll be one that adheres to truth. You should be able to dig through and continue to find answers that reinforce it being true and not having to push it to you know, by the wayside and go it doesn't matter or it doesn't matter, Oh that's okay. That it believes this and we'll just push on through. You should be able to get a chunk of truth, and that's part of the process, and you need to weigh them against each other. Problem comes in everybody thinks of religion as an emotional thing, so they start going, Oh, I don't want to I don't want to tell that person they're wrong, and you don't want to be ugly. But if you're searching for truth, that's what I said. If you're a devout truth seeker, then you're always going to be fine. It's when you just get become devout about one thing and you don't want to hear anything else, that's when there's problems. But that doesn't mean that there isn't a true belief system, just means there's a lot of untrue ones as well. Mary, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Hi. Well, Hello, Mary, Hey, how can hey? How can I help you?
Speaker 4: I'm a friend who that all of the prophecies and Bible have been completed?
Speaker 2: Is this the case? Well? Has the Second Coming happened yet?
Speaker 4: No, That's why I was wondering, Well.
Speaker 2: Then there's at least one Uh No, all of thees have not taken place as of yet, so I'm not sure what the agenda or specific nature or what belief system are they is the person saying this Christian yes, a little.
Speaker 4: Over the edge. So okay, there was recently what she called a modern day prophet at their church. Okay, after that that was they.
Speaker 3: Started changing their life.
Speaker 4: And I'm kind of getting grief about buying a new house and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's okay. Without saying the name of the church, I would say that that that type of movement called the shepherding movement and things like that is where the church is really active in telling you who you can marry, and what house you can buy and when to buy, and what to do with your money and these types of things. That's not a healthy church. Now, I'm only getting the information you're giving to me. But I would say that from just a little bit that you've told me, it's not a church that I would recommend or that I would you know, endorse in any way, shape or form. So those practices start getting into some heretical teachings in the church. So that is just my thought to you. And as far as the academic side of the question, no, all of the prophecies haven't been fulfilled because the Book of Revelation talks about end times and so you're still here. I'm not sure how else other that you could prove it than just by going, well, you're still here and this show notwithstanding wink wink, nudge nudge, the second Coming has not occurred. So that would put that in a very difficult position to prove on her end. Jeff, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Well, Jesus, Hi, Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, my question is basically I was without a job, feeling a desperation, and I have a child, so it wasn't just for myself, it's it's there's nothing like the desperation of a parent with a kid and in need. So I didn't have any work and basically it was out of money. It was starting to lose everything, and I got a job. Now, the difference in my joy and feeling from the desperation to the security of the job was is, you know, unexplainable. But my question is basically surrounded around should I be thinking God in that time of desperation, thanking him for that, just as well as when I got the job, thanking him and because.
Speaker 4: It really.
Speaker 1: Toils with my mind as far as you know what is about this joy thing and the circumstance. You know, I'm just a human being. I'm not a saint, so I don't feel I don't feel joyful when I'm about to lose my place, you know, my place to live and I have a kid to house.
Speaker 2: Of course not I mean if you're going to naturally feel the pain in the situation and get lost in that. But in the perspective of God, God wants you to see the fact that God never leaves you, and that out of all the things, if you had to choose to lose, hopefully God would be the last thing you'd want to lose. Therefore, there's always joy in the presence of God, so says Scripture. And it's the fullness of joy. The fullness of joy is not just the you know in rapture, in the in the yelling and jumping. If you look at the Old Testament, often in the Old Testament you see that there's an experiential last back to joy that they're when during a festival and they're making noise and they're singing, and they're out in the streets, and that's a different type of expression. There's going to be another part of joy in this fullness of joy that is odd to humans because it's you're used to thinking, well, joy and happiness have to be some sort of elation based on this thing that's happening to me. But it's not about that either. You are in a state of joy because you know there is a God who loves you and that has that God has a.
Speaker 1: Plan for you, and should I thank Him for the like that, uh, you know, like not having just as well as having.
Speaker 2: Of course, you should always pray for those things that God gives you and the things that God takes away because for whatever reason they aren't the best thing for you. And there are things that just land in the middle where they're just you know, poor decisions, or that that season has ended and it's time to move on to something else or whatever.
Speaker 1: Bible So you're saying that the Bible does say that we could be joyful in the midst of the like the desperation of like losing my place and not having any money or anything.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, it's because you're you're not. When your joy is there only because of things, then you're that is where you're seeking your You're you're sinking the entirety of yourself into those things.
Speaker 1: Well, I know we say things, but when you have, when you have to feed your kid, it's like it means much more than things.
Speaker 2: Yet I I understand there's a process through all of that. However, if you're trusting in God to see other opportunities or to use your skills, and I don't mean in a lazy sense, if you're sitting back and you're not doing anything and you're not the very skills you have to offer anybody for money, Jeff, they come from God. So to have joy in the fact that you even have those skills. There there's joy to be had in all situations, being and small, and all trials, but the focus is off. Of course, you want to feed your child, and there's no joy in seeing a hungry child. But there's joy. There's joy knowing that there are places that will feed you. There's joy and knowing that there are places that are designed to give you a leg up. There's a joy in knowing that that that that love or that even desire for charity comes from the direct heart of God. Man doesn't sit there going get yeah, I want help for the sake of help. Those are propulsions from God. And to be in that state of understanding that that you know, rejoicing in hope, as it says in Romans twelve twelve, that you are rejoicing in not what's in front of you, but what you know, what is what is capable because God is there, and that very that very capability wouldn't exist without God, that very possibility of hope. And to consider all things joy, it says in James one two. When you encounter various trials, why because those trials are going to strengthen you. They're going to build up your character and who you are. There as many things. Everybody wants the simple way and believes the simple way is the Godly way. And it's not if it comes out of a box and you mix it with water and then you have a blessed day and a blessed life. That's not how it works. Trials by fire and the things, the things that you learn the most in life. The reason why you're calling me today is because of pain, because of sadness, because of a trial that moved you intensely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I couldn't believe the difference in fe in my feeling of the no security and that security all saiden. It was like, Wow, everything's okay, and it doesn't seem like that's very deep, you know, deep, it seems like it's circumstantial.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hope not that that that belongs in a place where you are now tasting of a of a more deep and fulfilling joy, a real joy, Because if it's just about stuff coming in and out of your life, Jeff, then what is that?
Speaker 1: Well, isn't that God itself?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Is it that circumstance God?
Speaker 2: No, it's a piece of the of the gift of life and being able to experience these the things around you and making decisions, good decisions, hopefully godly decisions that inlign themselves with the will of God so that life has productivity and meaning while you are here for the limited time that you're here, and those all point to God, sure, but they're there. The fullness of joy comes from understanding that. It's that there's no one thing that's going to bring you all of that. The fullness is understanding that that comes from God and God alone. You know, even in times of pain, I've seen people that are very sick and they've been married for a long time and one of them is sick, and regardless of how much pain they're in, their love never ceases for their mate. They still have that intense love even though they're in intense pain, because the pain shouldn't dictate whether the love's there or not. And likewise, any pain in life shouldn't dictate the joy of the believer and the understanding that God is with you, and that God created you, and that God has a purpose for you, that God loves you and is with you even in pain. And it's that's just the opposite of what the world teaches you. From moment one. Moment one, they say, Okay, you come out running. You grab as much as you can make, as much as you can live in the biggest house, that you can drive, the most beautiful car, that you can get the most beautiful woman, or get the smartest man, or I guess you can get the most beautiful man and the smartest woman as well. And you get those, You get those things, and you're good to go. And then what you do is you find out later these people never had joy at all. They had some fun times hedonistically, they got to do what they want when they wanted to, and that felt nice, But it doesn't sustain itself. It can't because it's just things on top of things on top of things. There's no there's never really that that understanding. It's almost like holding up a small pocket mirror and having joy standing behind you. It's like, well, yeah, you see a bit of the face, maybe the eyes, you can make it out. Okay, I think that's joy, and you see it, but it's not. You're really just holding the mirror. You're not even really holding joy. And that's what these materialistic things can do oftentimes, is that people begin to think that they're the joy and they're not, and they go through this manic cycle of where they have to buy things to make themselves happy, and then that doesn't work, so you have to buy bigger things. That's never going to work. And you don't want that for your child either. You want you want comfort and security and that doesn't always come from things. Right.
Speaker 1: I noticed that my kid was almost more okay when we were in desperation than I was, and that says a lot about, you know, the innocence of kids, because they for some she, for some reason, wasn't as panicked as I was. And I'm all caught up in the things like you're saying.
Speaker 2: Well oftentimes, and I'm glad you pointed that out, because that's usually the case. A lot of times. The kids aren't freaked out. One. Kids are going to watch you on how to react. However, they don't see the dire straits that you do, because kids are much more hopeful than adults. You see the problems and the hurdles, and that's all you see. But the child looks the situation says, well, all I know that I'm with my dad more than I used to be when he was working all the time or when he was this. That's because that's what comforts the child. The child so knows that you love them and that you will do anything to provide for them, that they stay in that state of comfort. And what I'm trying to get the place I'm trying to get you two is that right behind you is your father in heaven, and he wants you to have a healthy and balanced but similar attitude as your child, knowing that God will provide, not when you're sitting on a couch with your finger in your nose. You need to be productive and active in the process. But that your father in heaven doesn't want to see you sitting with nothing, and that your child is at peace knowing well, Dad's right here, He's going to take care of me. And that peace is actual joy. Why doesn't interrupt the child? Doesn't The child's life is like everything's a okay because that child, in their simplicity, believes it's all going to be okay. Is embedded in hope, embedded in comfort, embedded in joy, and that's all the That's the same place I'm asking you to get to, Nikki quickly. Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, yis well. My questions theological and it is whether or not once you get to.
Speaker 2: Have and you can never be kicked out only for smoking or talking too loud, you will or like no on. Once you're in heaven, you're in. The only ones that can get kicked out of heaven have been kicked out of heaven, and that was Satan and the fallen angels. And that's because angels are inherently different than human beings in the sense that although they're creation, they have the total sume knowledge they will ever have at the point of creation because they are in the presence of God in a way differently than you are. So in that sense, they are like, imagine an eight ounce glass that's filled up. That's its full potential. It can never be more than that aight OUN's class. So that's kind of what an angel is, whereas a human is an empty eight ounce glass that's being filled up throughout their life.
Speaker 4: So once you get there, it's impossible to sin.
Speaker 2: Exactly. There is no sin in heaven. There's no tears in heaven, there's no rebellion in heaven. None of that exists to the human because the human has made the decision throughout life fill that glass with understanding and then to make a choice that becomes an eternal choice at the point of death. So it can't be the same reason why somebody can't say forget God, forget God, forget God, and then all of a sudden on the other side of death, go oh, I was wrong. I'd like to recan't because that choice is made now in full. Otherwise you wouldn't. They wouldn't matter what you believed here. So the process is different. And once you're you know in heaven that is for good, and that's for eternity to be in the presence of God, So no getting booted out, nothing like that. But just for reference, for those of you that are heavy smokers, no you're not going to be smoking in heaven. It was just a joke, So no smoking in heaven. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to the show. I hope you join us every single Sunday, same time, same place, right here. Remember these words, I Am with you always.
Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty on demand