Speaker 1: Now your host for World Series Dodger Talk sound Off, Angelinos David.
Speaker 2: Vasse Welcome the Dodger Talk David Bassey live from Yankee Stadium. After the Dodgers defeat the Yankees four to two in Game three of the World Series. We're with you until ten thirty tonight. Full lines are full as you can imagine, as the Dodgers are just one win away from bringing home the World Series trophy. They have a commanding three games to none lead in the World Series after a four to two victory over the Yankees. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I mean, at this point in time, you would say Freddy Freeman is the World Series MVP, right, and it couldn't happen to a better guy. I mean, everybody that has met Freddy Freeman, works with Freddy Freeman, plays with Freddy Freeman, knows how great of a guy he is, and everybody is so happy for the way he has been able to perform in the World Series. He's been struggling with a right ankle, he has had a broken right middle finger. Who knows what else Freddie Freeman has been dealing with physically. To be able to get on the field and not only be there. And I've said this from day one. He's not just on the field. He's actually coming up big and contributing in a lot of different ways and now has home runs and five consecutive World Series games dating back to his run with the twenty one Braves that won the World Series championship, as well Freddie's two run home run, I kind of felt it. I was sitting next to Kirsten Watson and just with Clark Schmidt starting the game off by walking O'tawi on four pitches. I said, Okay, this guy, he's throwing lukewarm fastballs with the Dodger hitters told me coming into the game tonight Clark Schmidt was a poor man's mind Michael King, and I just said, all right, Well, if he's a poor man's Michael King, that's Taylor made for Freddie Freeman and Schmid tried to throw a cutter. It was up and over and Freddy didn't miss it. I actually told Kirsten Watson he was going to hit a home run exactly where he did, over the Bank of America's sign out there in right field, over the short porch in right field, so he made me look good.
Speaker 3: What can I say?
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number speaking of Freddie Freeman. Let's head downstairs right now to hear what Freddy had to say to Ken Rosenthal on Fox Sports.
Speaker 4: Freddy, your first hitting homer gave the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: An immediate to nothing media.
Speaker 4: How much did you guys talk for the game about importance of striking quickly, putting the Yankees on their heels, taking the crowd out of it.
Speaker 5: I think it was more The talk was trying to talk about Clark Schmidt, and a lot of us have not faced him, so we were just trying a lot of emphasis on game planning and.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 5: And obviously when you come into a road park you want to try and to strike early and quiet the crowd down.
Speaker 6: We were able to do that in the first sc You.
Speaker 4: Have home runs in each of these three World Series games.
Speaker 6: You didn't have an extra base hit in the first two rounds.
Speaker 4: Is it that your ankle is feeling that much better or have you simply learned to deal with them?
Speaker 5: No, my ankle is that much better, and that's because it's the days off.
Speaker 7: I was able to.
Speaker 5: Calm it down, get some treatment, and then I was able to work on my swing.
Speaker 3: That's the key.
Speaker 5: So I've just been able to find my queue and you know, I've been seeing them all pretty good now.
Speaker 4: The other thing, home runs in five straight World Series games and tied George Springer.
Speaker 3: That's a record.
Speaker 4: So yeah, as you go into tomorrow, Grant, do you need one more win?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But how much does that accomplishment mean to you?
Speaker 6: Just knowing that you've done that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess when it's also and done, I can look at that. But the most important thing is what you said, One more win. That's all I care about right now. I don't care how it happens. I just want to get one more win.
Speaker 4: Finally, Walker Buler, Oh what did you think for Walker Buehler.
Speaker 5: He's been doing this his whole career, big game, big moments, steps up when you need them, five strong, strong innings and then our Bollfoot game and did a great job. I mean, this is what you gotta do. You got to pitch in October and we've been doing that.
Speaker 3: Freddie, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Good Freddie Freeman with Ken Rosenthal on Fox Sports. Yes, indeed, Walker Buehler has been doing that his entire career. Five scoreless innings from Walker Buehler tonight allowed just two hits, and Walker now has started three World Series games. He has pitched at least five innings and allowing just fewer than five base runners in those three starts.
Speaker 3: No one else has had three such.
Speaker 2: Starts over his entire World Series career, consecutive or not. And Walker Buehler certainly has done a great job. And you know, there was a reason why the Dodgers wanted Walker Buehler starting the first game on the road in the World Series, and tonight was the reason.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 2: Not only did things go the right way for the Dodgers in the first inning, but after that performance from Fat Joe, you kind of felt like the Dodgers were going to win the game tonight. I mean, they tried New York tried to respond with Fat Joe after La came strong with ice Cube, and that performance they shouldn't have even tried. I mean, that was a big swing and miss by the folks in the Big Apple. Fat Joe walked by him in the hallway on the way back up here. Nice guy, but that fell flat, and you felt like the Dodgers already had an advantage after seeing that performance.
Speaker 3: Eight six six.
Speaker 2: Nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Then Clark Schmidt walk show Hao Tani on four pitches. The guy's got a bad shoulder and doesn't throw a strike wild stuff, and that's the part of the reason why the Dodgers got the four to two win tonight. I thought a couple of big plays defensively. I mentioned it with Jose Moda during the Clubhouse Show. We played the highlights. Mookie BET's a great diving catch on a Jazz Chisholm Liner sinking line drive to keep standing at second base, and then standing trying to score from second base on a sharply hit ball Anthony Volpi to Taoscar Hernandez and left.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: That completely took the win out of the sales of the Yankees. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's start out in Seemi Valley. Nolan, you're on Dodger Talk Live from the Bronx.
Speaker 8: Hi Nolan, Hi, heydbdad you love listening to Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, When I was your age, I remember when I was your age, and the eighty eight Dodgers were on the cusp of winning a world championship.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you're really excited.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm very excited.
Speaker 10: I love watching the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's your favorite player?
Speaker 10: I like Rooky Bet that's.
Speaker 3: A pretty good one. Nolan.
Speaker 2: I got to come up with the handshake with Mookie. Maybe you can help me one day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: All right? Will your parents let you go to the parade? Will they take you out of school for the parade?
Speaker 11: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Probably?
Speaker 3: All right, Nolan, thanks a lot for calling in and staying late. Have fun at school tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number we went from a young caller to a caller named young in Diamond Bar. You're on Dodger Talk live from Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: How you doing, young? Hey, Dave doing good?
Speaker 7: Still really emotional right now. I'm just gonna say I'm not ready to see Walker Buehler in another uniform next season. What he did tonight was incredible. It might have been the perfect way to end, like his redemption art this season. I mean, Dave, I never lost faith in him, even when he had diminished stuff. I just knew that he was going to fight his way through it.
Speaker 12: And when you saw in.
Speaker 7: The past postseason how he stepped up. You can find guys who might throw his fastball. He might find a dude who can fight throw the same curveball as him. Maybe you can find a guy who has this cutter, but you'll never find a guy who has the bigges who can match his big pair in the postseason. And man, sanity, I just want to see that guy saying, Man, it's just awesome to seeing him grow up in the Dodgers' uniform. Man be the big postseason guy that he is right now.
Speaker 2: All right, young, I hope he stays too. We'll have to wait and see what happens. But let's just enjoy the moment. Let's enjoy what he did tonight and hopefully he and the Dodgers can enjoy a second World championship together. Thanks for the phone call, young man. He was getting emotional. I understand that. I mean, let's wait until that happens. There's a good chance the Dodgers will bring back Walker Bueller. We'll have to wait and see what happens, but certainly he made a statement tonight and the twenty nine other teams out there that needs starting pitching. I'm sure certainly took notice and talking to Yonder Alonso, the former White Sox and Padre player that's now an analyst for MLB Network, he wanted me to make a point that tonight it wasn't about Walker Buehler's four seam fastball. What it was tonight and Jose Motor touched on it a little bit, was how off balance Walker Buehler had the Yankee hitters. And it started with his cut fastball. The first strikeout on Aaron Judge was a cutter. They didn't know what was coming. Was it the curveball? Was that the cutter?
Speaker 3: Was it the four seamer?
Speaker 2: He just had them so off balanced because of how good his cut fastball was, going away, cutting away from right handed hitters and cutting inside on lefties. So the cut fastball was the key to Walker Buehler's success. Tonight eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number? All right, yeah, here we go, Fabian you're on? Is it Fabian or Fabian? Because some guys get mad if I say Fabian.
Speaker 12: Hey Dave, thanks for taking my call. It's fabian, But don't worry. I've like struggled with that my whole life.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I'm glad we're okay. And you who were you telling okay, here we go. You were trying to get somebody prepared in the background.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, yeah, sorry, it's just think, yeah, thanks for taking my call. You're touching on so much that I want to talk to you about. And I feel like, rather than hear a knee ramble, it's better to hear what you have to say. But I agree at fuddy with MVP. As soon as he hit that run, the home run, I knew he was gonna I was like, this has to be MVP. Walker was incredible. You know, everyone's like comparing him to the regular season, but the difference between Buehler is that he has the mind he has the postseason mindsets. You know, I was hoping for him to perform in the in the regular season, but every postgame interview you knew she was just holding himself accountable. And I'm not surprised by the way he's performing. I was at thirty three tips, thirty three taps and silver Lake and everyone was being doubtful, Like I'm like, dude, he's gonna be on tonight, trust me, Like this is his element. I'm going to move through my notes real quick. Fat Joe falling flat, trying to go to toe with ice Cube. Like just as much as I knew that ice Cube that we're gonna win on Saturday, after ice Cube, I knew we're going to win tonight after that really sad performance. Yeah, that Joe.
Speaker 3: That was brutal.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 12: It was like sad to watch, you know, But it's just like, you know, what's the Yankees and you know we could you know, not earlier today, and.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously I'm here at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 2: I mean the fans were on their feet, and I feel like they were dismayed. They're like, what is going on right now? And I feel like they knew at that moment in time they were doomed. And then they walked Otani on four pitches with a bad shoulder, got a run. I love thirty three taps in Silver Lake. I've been there many times. So, uh, if you guys are going to celebrate tomorrow night, be safe wherever you may be. As the Dodgers are just one win away from the World Championship. After a four to two win in Game three of the World Series. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. A lot of talk about Walker Bueller, and let's head downstairs to the podium right now to hear from the Dodgers winning pitcher.
Speaker 13: That's kind of like it. It used to be a little bit or a little bit closer. Obviously, got a couple of swingeen mess early in the game, and that kind of resets you mentally to think that I got a good one going today or whatever.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I feel good.
Speaker 14: Second rower, your left jack when that pitch does feel good, Like what is it about the characteristics of it or how you're throwing that you think makes it effective.
Speaker 13: I think it's less about that pitch more than it just lets me get into some counts that you're protecting the other stuff and then you can throw the bigger one with two strikes as opposed to with one strike and.
Speaker 3: Just gives you a little bit more freedom.
Speaker 14: You've talked about like the big game thing, but just to have another like strong World Series start like this, Like how gratifying are these moments to you?
Speaker 13: You know, I've told you guys, that's kind of all I care about, but it makes these It makes kind of the regular season worth it for me.
Speaker 6: Could have Russ in the fourth row and you left Walker.
Speaker 12: You talked about late in the season that you didn't know at the time if you had the stuff to get guys out out.
Speaker 6: Seeing what you've been able to do over the last two starts, what do you feel like you've been able to find? You know, I think.
Speaker 13: As kind of brutal as this to say, like it takes that adrenaline and that stuff to kind of really get me going kind of mentally. And you know, I don't know if I I wish I would have felt that all year. I could tell you I'm so excited to pitch every single game I've ever gone out there. But there is something different in the playoffs, and I think at least long term for me, like to get through this playoffs at least in the way that I have, like because it's really encouraging for me personally just because I know it's in there and I just kind of got to unlock it a little bit.
Speaker 3: But that that.
Speaker 13: Feeling of there's an organization relying on me today to win a playoff game, I think is kind of the way that I like feeling and kind of gets me in a certain place mentally that it's kind of hard to replicate.
Speaker 14: Stand the fourth run your left, Walker, what's the feeling being one game away from a World Series championship.
Speaker 13: I'm excited to watch our guys go tomorrow and see what happens. So, I mean, I'll be ready if there's a Game seven. But my hope is that I don't have to throw anymore.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Walker Buehler. That's our hope.
Speaker 2: To Walker Buehler, and man, that was an aggressive question there from that last reporter. I'm in fair question, but he came very aggressive on the mic, right there, Walker Buehler, I mean, can you think of another big game starting pitcher the Dodgers I've had in the last twenty years. I can't and over this run of the last ten thirteen years. Yeah, Kershaw granky, I guessed, But I mean Walker Buehler is in that category. I mean, that's what we're talking about. You can't really go back to nineteen eighty eight and try to compare anybody to Oral Herscheizer.
Speaker 3: What he did was so unique.
Speaker 2: And remarkable that it won't be repeated with the way the game is played today. But what you can do is look in the content the way the game is played right now, and when you think back, whether it's just the Dodgers or any other playoff team that's won the World Series the last fifteen years, I mean, you would have to say, if there was one guy you would want on the mound in a playoff game, Walker Bueller would be right at the top of that list. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this during the Padres series, and I'm gonna mention it again because I don't want you to forget this analogy. And we're all Dodger fans Laker fans. I covered the Shack Kobe Lakers very closely, and you know those series against the Sacramento Kings. That's what the Padres Lakers Padres Dodgers NLDS was a five game series between arguably the two best teams in all of Major League Baseball, but because of the way the postseason is set up, they played each other in a best of five first round. Similar to the Lakers and Sacramento Queen. They would play each other sometimes in the semi finals, and then a couple of times in the Conference finals, and then.
Speaker 3: After that the Lakers would go on to.
Speaker 2: The NBA Finals and demolish whether it be the Pacers, the Sixers, or the New Jersey Nets. They swept the Nets in the two to three peat finals. That's what this World Series feels like. This feels like a very overmatched Yankees team.
Speaker 3: The Yankees.
Speaker 2: Yes they had a very good record, Yes they're in the World Series. But talking to players around the league, there is an argument in a sentiment now that the Yankees may not have been one of the top five playoff teams in the postseason this year. And it's hard to argue that kind of statement. The Dodgers obviously are the best team, the Padres, the Braves, the Phillies, the Astros, the Mets. There's an argument to be made that the Guardians may have been a tougher men for the Dodgers. The Yankees just aren't as good as the Dodgers. I know, we love Dodgers Yankees hype World Series.
Speaker 3: Trust me, I'm all in on that.
Speaker 2: But the facts are, if you take the pinstripes off these players, they're not as good as the Dodgers, They're just not as good of a team. And this feels like the way it felt for me covering the Lakers two thousand and two thousand and two that after the Sacramento Kings and the San Antonio Spurs, whoever the Lakers were going to face from the East in the finals just was going to get demolished. And that's the way it feels with the Yankees in the American League. The American League was not as good top to bottom as the National League. The Dodgers road to the World Series was much tougher than the Yankees had And that's the way it feels. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Manny and Guardina. You're at Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 15: Manny heydv echo the sentiment completely about the NBA analogy real quick.
Speaker 12: Hopefully somebody gives.
Speaker 15: That young man a hug man. It's gonna be okay. I have a funny feeling.
Speaker 3: All over again, Manny, he that was exactly.
Speaker 15: What I was thinking, Dave. But yeah, man, God bless them. Hey, they're Dodger fans, so we gotta love them.
Speaker 11: As far as uh I got a man, I think Walker, Bueler and Tale he'll be Dodgers for a few more years because uh, Fredo and and Doc understand that this team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 16: I love the stuff that Max.
Speaker 15: Months he lets us in on man, he's awesome telling us about like just the cohesiveness of this unit.
Speaker 11: And uh, I'm just loving the ride.
Speaker 15: Man, and you always do an excellent job.
Speaker 17: Thank thank you for the inside TV always you're the best man. As far as la, there's a lot of pretenders, but you know you're the Dodgers' number one analyst.
Speaker 15: There is no bs.
Speaker 11: Hey, Man, love you and we've been saying it for a while now.
Speaker 15: This is our year, baby, twenty twenty four World champs out world.
Speaker 3: Ah that sounds great. Man.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk to you hopefully after the game tomorrow night, and hopefully I'm freezing cold with champagne when we're doing Dodger Talk tomorrow night. As far as Tioscar Hernandez goes, look, there's a very good chance another team comes in and pays him big money. That's the reason why he bet on himself and only took a one year deal. From the Dodgers. Other teams were low balling him. He felt like he deserved more, so he said, you know what, I'm gonna sign with a team that has a chance to win the World Series, and I'm going to prove.
Speaker 3: To everybody how good of a player I am. Now.
Speaker 2: Ta Oscar Hernandez is thirty two years old. The Dodgers, they may or may not sign him, But one thing I could tell you about Taoscar Hernandez and this team.
Speaker 3: He's a perfect fit.
Speaker 2: Taoscar Hernandez is not hitting thirty three home runs and driving in ninety nine runs with another team next year.
Speaker 3: He's just not. Part of the reason why he was.
Speaker 2: Able to do this is because he fits so perfectly behind Mookie, Freddie Otani and even Max Munsey's He fits perfectly in this lineup. And you know what I love even more about Tioscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: It's not just about what he has brought on the field.
Speaker 2: It's the joy, the smile, the camaraderie, the inclusiveness. He is really the heart and soul of this Dodger team. He has brought this team together. And if you think back to the NLDS Game three, Eric Carros gives me a hard time still from our debate after the Phillies regular season series at Dodgers Stadium. While I question whether or not the Dodgers had enough edge to get this far and win it, and at that time I don't believe they had it, players on this team told me things changed in Game three the Nlds when Walker Buehler gave up six runs, even though they weren't, you know, hard hits, He gave up six runs right came into the dugout, threw a cooler of bubblegum, got pissed off. That sent a message, and then Taoscar Hernandez the very next inning hit a grand slam and screamed at the dugout, and that was a sign that they weren't going to give up. That was the first sign that Dodgers were different than they were from years past.
Speaker 3: And players have.
Speaker 2: Told me that was a turning point, not only in that in the postseason series against the Padres, but certainly a turning point the rest of the way, and Taoscar Hernandez and.
Speaker 3: Walker Buehler were a big part of it.
Speaker 2: In Game three, the Nlds eight six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number David Vasse live a Yankee stadium after the Dodgers beat the Yankees four to two in Game three. Let's go out to Utah, Heather, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 9: Hi, Heather, Hey Dave, so good to talk to you again. Hope you're well and been trying to call in for the postseason. And I'm so glad I got through tonight. I just have a couple of points. And I know you've already touched on a lot of these, but man, two of the scariest players in October, Freddie Freeman, especially World Series, and now I would say Walker Dealer shoved tonight. Can we say that he shoved because he did.
Speaker 8: He's incredible.
Speaker 18: Yeah, he shoved.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I think we're using that right. He looked so good and I remember when you reported on him back in I don't remember what months July, that he was just like Miia somewhere in Florida. And now we're watching him have this incredible postseason pitching in the World Series, and I'm just so I'm just proud of him.
Speaker 8: I'm like a.
Speaker 9: Proud bomb or something. I'm like, I'm just so happy that he has stuck with it and he is a pitcher. And Freddie. I've been wearing my Freddy Freeman jersey the day we got Freddy Freeman. I've always wanted him to be a Dodger. I bought that jersey. I had to wait like four months for it to come. I've worn it every single day. Probably need to watch it after after today or after tomorrow hopefully, but I've worn that jersey. And I just love Freddy and all that he stands for, and like he really is doing this incredible back to back to back home run thing that we really need to step back and say, we're so lucky that we have Freddy Freeman. And I'm just I'm just really happy right now to be a Dodger fan and just to see what these guys have been through. I know there's other, you know, worst injuries that we've seen, but they really had some adversity, and I just love that they're together as a Dodger family and they are going to bring this world series home for us.
Speaker 16: I hope.
Speaker 9: So one more win, twenty seven more else, Let's go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: All right, Heather, thanks for the phone call, appreciate it. I can't agree with you more. Freddy Freeman's a tremendous guy. He wears the uniform with class. He's a first class person. And just love how committed he is to the game of baseball and so committed to the Dodgers, and.
Speaker 3: We're seeing it right now.
Speaker 2: And he told Ken Rosenthal, and he actually told us this before the World Series started. Part of the reason why he wasn't swinging the batwell in the NLCS is because his right ankle was preventing him from working on his swing to get it back on track. The five or six days between the last time he played in the NLCS and Game one of the World Series got his right ankle ready and also allowed him to start to make the mechanical adjustments he needed to make to be able to perform the way he has in the first three games of the World Series. And I don't if the Dodgers win tomorrow, you know, somebody could hit three home runs, I would still say Freddie Freeman is the World Series MVP eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Christine and Sierra Madre. You're on Dodger Talk Live from the.
Speaker 10: Bronx, that's so awesome. First of all, I just want to start off by saying I'm feel bad for all those Yankee fans when Fat Joe came out, I kind of felt too.
Speaker 3: They wanted more, they wanted more.
Speaker 10: I mean I was like, Okay, Billy Joel's going to come out if somebody else better going to come out. But when in fact Joe came out, I mean, he could have gotten that place dumping and that was pretty sad.
Speaker 19: So I started off.
Speaker 10: But yeah, Walker Viewer, that guy he has three startings out of his starts in the World Series, so he has that experience. I knew that going in he was going to be confident. He was going to be calm, cool and collected, and he showed up and showed out. But what I really want to talk about is Tomorrow's bullpaying game. You know, I'm a little I'm a little worried. And the only reason why I would say I'm a little worried is because I know that sometimes Roberts he gets a little anxious, He gets a little like, gets a little worried, so he'll pull a picture in before they're before they're done, they let one run in and He's like, oh yeah, let's let's let's get them out, And so I wanted to talk about that. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I think when it comes to a bullpeny game, there's certain hoopings of hitters and that's the plan that they have. So in a bullpen game, I don't have any issues with that. You can't push relievers too far, especially if you may need them the next night. I thought maybe Walker Bueler could have gone out for one more inning, but it worked out well tonight, Christine. So I think Dave Roberts is pushing all the right buttons at this point.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number, you know. I meant to tell Mookie Betts that his buddy Big Poppy over there because they're still on set. Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, and David Ortiz, all of those guys picked the Yankees to win tonight. I got a text from my father in law, Rob Blackman, who was watching the broadcast, and he said, you got to call these guys out.
Speaker 3: Jeter picked the Yankees to win seven to three. Shocker A. Rod picked the Yankees to win tonight.
Speaker 2: Eight to three shocker and Big Poppy picked the Yankees, but he did not predict to score. So I'm calling all three of those guys out. Two of them are Yankees. I mean they're here at Yankee Stadium. The Yankee fans were calling their names out Jeter throughout the first pitch. I mean that Fox panel right there. I would say they're not very biased and very emotional. They do a pretty good job of calling it down the line, and I think a Rod knows the game really well. But I mean, come on, guys, really picking the Yankees seven to three, eight to three winners with Walker Bueller on the mound, have you not been paying attention? Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. We have one line open. When we come back, we'll hear from Dave Roberts. We'll take more of your phone calls. As the Dodgers are just one win away from being crowned World champions for the second time since twenty twenty. The Dodgers beat the Yankees in Game three of the World Series. He's four to two on an five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five to seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassi.
Speaker 8: Donni.
Speaker 20: With a short lead, a one two offering from Schmid, Reddy swings and belts a ball right field, hooking toward the corner. Hello short Porch, and Hello Freddy Freeman. For a third straight game of this World Series, five straight World Series games overall. Freddy Freeman goes to you. A two run blast from Freddy and a tune up thing lead in the first inning, Get Frady, get.
Speaker 7: The Betty day Ready, get the Bay.
Speaker 6: Get the Betty, get the bet Get the pretty Freddy.
Speaker 3: Hit the Freddy.
Speaker 2: You last guy, Juwan, You remember that one last year he put this together. Jowan did a great job. Hit the Freddie, Freddie Freeman. We're gonna be playing that a lot when Freddie Freeman wins the World Series. MVP David Vassey live at Yankee Stadium as the Dodgers are just one win away from being crowned champions. After a four to two win in Game three of the World Series, Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. That is Freddie Freeman's fifth Well, that is Freddie Freeman's thirteenth postseason home run. He is now homered in five consecutive World Series games going back to twenty twenty one with the Braves and also more Freddie Freeman home run knowledge.
Speaker 3: He is just one of three plays now.
Speaker 2: To homer in the first three games of the same World Series. Arry Bonds part of that as well, back in two thousand and two eight six, six ninety seven, two five seventy is the phone number. We'll get back to your phone calls in a moment, but first let's hear from manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Fact.
Speaker 21: That couldn't have gone any better for you guys or for show you right, I mean, what was your assessment of of how he was able to weather through swinging at the plate and what you saw in all of it.
Speaker 22: I thought he did a really nice job of competing I don't think that you know, it got any worse obviously, just him in the batter's box, starting the game off, getting on base by way of walk, and yeah, I just really appreciate him, you know, posting tonight.
Speaker 6: Far back on your left, Dave, AJ.
Speaker 14: Dave, what can you say about what Walker did tonight and really what your rotation has done all series?
Speaker 6: When I think some people in the outis had considered it maybe a weakness coming into.
Speaker 22: It, Walker was fantastic. I think, if you know, if you take out that second inning where we didn't play good defense behind him, he would have thrown up nothing but zero's in the postseason. Tonight, I just thought his stuff was as good as it's been all year. I thought the fastball had life, the cutter was good, the curve ball was good. He pitched all quadrants and kept those guys on as kept at bay. There was no stress. So just to get through five innings the way he threw the baseball, I felt that's all he had. Obviously, there was a little bit of kind of emotions adrenaline, and I couldn't have asked for anything more from Walker tonight.
Speaker 6: The surder on your left, Dylan Dave.
Speaker 8: We saw Tony, you know, wins sing a couple of times after some of those swings. Did you get a sense of like how much physical discomfort he was in tonight?
Speaker 22: I don't know how much, but yeah, you know, balls that were away that he chased a little bit.
Speaker 3: I saw a couple of winses.
Speaker 22: But I think it's sort of pointless even for me to even consider because he's going to be in there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, there's manager Dave Roberts, no chance show. Hey, Otani is missing Game four with a chance to win the World Series. And look, from what I understand Otani well, I was told yesterday before we took off for New York.
Speaker 3: I was not on the team plane.
Speaker 2: I was on the same plane with some of the Dodgers front office people, and they told me they couldn't believe how well Otani was doing yesterday, and that's why they were so optimistic that he would be in the starting lineup tonight, even though it was twenty four hours before and Otani came to Yankee Stadium yesterday for the workout the rest of the team had finished, because he flew in on his own as well. After getting an MRI and getting treatment. He flew to New York and got to Yankee Stadium, worked out, took some swings just to test that left shoulder, and everything checked out.
Speaker 3: So all the boxes were checked.
Speaker 2: To and look, what needs to be done with that left shoulder after the season still remains to be seen. I mean, we've heard of players from Handling Ramirez to Matt Camp to Cody Bellinger that have needed to have their shoulders repaired when you hear it pop in and out. We'll see if that happens with Otani. But nonetheless, he is a DH. He's not out there like Cody Bellinger or these other guys.
Speaker 3: He's a DH.
Speaker 2: So after is at bat, he can spend all that time getting treatment to loosen up that left shoulder and have it ready for his next at bat. Now, if he's playing the outfield or the infield or even pitching, it may have been a different story, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not that situation when.
Speaker 2: You're a DH and you can go into the clubhouse and get treatment constantly in between at bat. So that's the good news for the Dodgers, and that's part of why Otani is able to play eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Viva Las Vegas. Let's go out to Sergio, who's on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 12: Hi Sergio, Hey David, thank you for letting me in.
Speaker 16: I thought i'd called a day because tomorrow you might be getting drowned in Champagne. So I thought, I thought I call the day or else maybe I'd be drunk tomorrow after we win.
Speaker 3: But I wanted to touch on good reasons.
Speaker 16: I wanted to touch on Walker. Bueler like a lot of the previous callers have said tremendous outing, and I was looking at his doubting today. He only allowed one leadoff hitter to get on. That was labora tourist, to lead off the game. So I think that's a big key. But not only not only Walker, but the previous in the three games in the twenty innings that they've played, only six lead off hitters have gotten on and only two of scored. The pitching has been just has been on it this postseason. I think that that, uh, the sixth run inning in San Diego kind of maybe you know, flip something there for Walker came the game one sixty three. Walker, So it's great to see him excel and hopefully it's not the last game. I'm hoping it is the last gaming pitches this year. Hopefully it's not the last gaming pitches in a Dodger uniform. But of course the offseason will be you know, we'll have to wait and see what happens in the offseason. And then yeah, ice cube for the for the young man, the young student that called you the first caller, a little, a little, a little formula ice cube greater than fat Joe. Thanks David, have a great tomorrow, and hopefully we win it all tomorrow. Go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: All right, Sergio, thanks for the phone call. Uh yeah, Sergio just wanted to get on and say all those things. Got nothing to say about him. It's he did have good nuggets though, as far as uh, not allowing the leadoff hit or on, that's true and a big reason why. In the first three games of the World Series, the Dodgers starters have combined to pitch sixteen and two thirds innings and allowed just three earned runs. They have fourteen strikeouts and five walks. It's starting with Jack Flaherty continued in a big way with Yamamoto in Game two, and Walker Bueller doing Walker Buehler things, pitching five scoreless innings at Yankee Stadium. And when I saw Walker Bueller go out to warm up for the game, the booze were. I mean, it was like it was the middle of the game, the way he was being boo just walking out there for his pregame warm up bullpen. And I know, Walker Buehler, those Yankee fans got him ready by the way they showered him with booze on the inside. I know he was smiling and smirking and say, all right, I'll be ready when we get this game going, and he certainly was. His cutter was on point, his curve ball was on point. Yonder Alonzo told me those were the two biggest pitches for him, especially the cut fastball. Let's go out to Rancho Palas Verdes. That's Petro's Papadakis rent area. How you doing, Eddie, you're at Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Yes it is, yes, Yes, Petro's from my hometown here.
Speaker 12: Uh yeah.
Speaker 8: This is gonna be uh my.
Speaker 12: Fourth or fifth World Series if.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers win, uh this series, and they probably will, I know that they will. They're no stopping this this year's team.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna watch Game four tomorrow, Eddie. Where you gonna watch Game four? Going over Petro house? Where are you gonna watch it?
Speaker 8: I wish so his dad too. His dad is very big sports fan.
Speaker 3: I like his dad a lot more than I like Petros. I love.
Speaker 8: No, But no, I'm gonna be at the comforts of my own home with my wife. And we're big Dodger fans. I made her when I first met her.
Speaker 12: Uh she was.
Speaker 8: I made her into a Dodger fan back in seventy four when we first met. And uh, we got to watch those Dodgers that never made They made the World Series but never won in the But no, and but like I said, all right, I love it.
Speaker 2: Seventy four was the first year they went to the World Series. And you better call back tomorrow, Eddie when they win the World Series.
Speaker 8: Well, they beat they beat in sixty three. They beat the Yankees then, which I watched.
Speaker 12: They swept the Yankees in sixty three.
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 2: They swept the Yankees in sixty three. That was the one and only time the Dodgers celebrated a World Series championship on their home field when they swept the sixty three Yankees. With Mickey Mannel and Roger Maris and all those guys the Dodgers. If they sweep this World Series, they'll be celebrating again in the Bronx, just like our own Rick Monday did across the street at the old Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to.
Speaker 2: Kevin in LA. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 19: Hi, Kevin, Hey Dave. I don't have any questions tonight, but word on that Fat Joe performance. My wife said the same thing. That was a big miss. Anyway, thank you for taking my call tonight. Not going to ask how you are doing because we already know. I usually do the podcast the next day, but tonight I had a call. I just want to say. I just want to shout out you, Tim Kate, Steve sax Scab in the morning, Jose Model, and the rest of the crews that's been there all season long. I just want to thank all for Steve Nelson and mister Rick Monday for calling the games on a five seven you know again, thank you, thank you again. I just want to give a big shout out to Walker. The kid has been baling all year, you know, especially this postseason. We needed that we needed that dog on the mountain tonight, and I just want to echo what you've been saying this whole road series. Man, the Dodgers are a way better team doing all the little things, especially on defense, man both Tail and Moki keeping us in the game on the fourth evening. Man, I'm happy for everyone, you know. Again, thank you so much. Hopefully the Dogs and keep us in the game closing this out and let's get this win in New York. Thank you so much, Dave. Good night. Man.
Speaker 3: All right, Kevin, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: I know we all want the Dodgers to sweep tomorrow, at least I do, because it would be great to celebrate a championship. It would be great to have a parade for the Dodgers for the first time since nineteen eighty eight. But also it would mean I would make it back for trick or treating with my kids on Halloween, which is Thursday. So fingers crossed, the Dodgers can deliver a sweep and I could get home for a Halloween and we could party in La. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Freddie Freeman with another home run tonight, He has homered in the first three games of the World Series, including his now iconic walk off Grand Slam in Game one and the tenth inning that will go down as one of the greatest moments in Dodger history. If the Dodgers can finish the Yankees off, whether it be tomorrow, Game five, or at some point in this series, I don't see it coming back to La even if the Dodgers lose tomorrow. I see this ending in game four or Game five. And I have a video that was shot before the World Series started, a Freddie Freeman taking batting practice. When the Dodgers win the World Series, that will be the time that I will post it on my Instagram at officially vassa and maybe you will get a little sneak preview of what the Dodgers already knew, that Freddie Freeman was healthy and swinging the bat, ready to go for the World Series. I can't wait to show that video, but right now is not the right time. I'll wait until after the Dodgers officially win it. And look, I don't feel like we're being presumptuous. The Yankees are down three. The Dodgers are a much better team than the Yankees. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when the Dodgers win the World Series. Let's go out to Pasadena, Eddie.
Speaker 3: You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Eddie.
Speaker 23: Good David that you've for taking my call.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, my pleasure, you know.
Speaker 23: I just want to say, I'm so proud of this team. As a Dodger fans. It's amazing to see them pull together and get this far. Honestly, I'm pretty shocked, you know, especially with the teams you've had since twenty sixteen twenty seventeen to fall short. And even though we got the series in twenty twenty, you know, there's always those people out there that say, wasn't the full season or whatever, even though thirteen would have won, obviously would have been valid for them, right. So yeah, I'm just so happy either way.
Speaker 2: I just feel like everybody, you know, it's one thing to have a team that wins the World Series, Eddie, but I feel like all of you have started to appreciate the personalities on this team and just the commitment these guys have to each other and to bring a World Series championship.
Speaker 3: I feel at different points in time.
Speaker 2: During the regular season, these guys were not as appreciated as they should have been. And there are a few people if you've been listening all season long, especially later in the year, I told you to believe in this team. This team was different, and these guys are proving me right.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I don't just say those things. There was something different from the previous two postseasons. Whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I feel like these guys were more all in with each other, more all in to try to win it than they have been the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: And it's proven out to be true.
Speaker 23: Yeah, David is completely right.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 23: Ever since the Max Month's interview came out, I feel like, you know, all the fans realized that these players are humans and that you know, they're going through their own stuff and they're really locked it down, pulled together and got closed and that team chemistry is showing on the field and you know, hopefully we'll lock it down tomorrow. It's not Game five and we can all stop listening to stephen A. Smith pretend to know that he knows baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Yeah, I appreciate that, Eddie. He's a Yankee fan too. Anyway, all these people in New York are going to be sad, sadder than what they were tonight while Fat Joe was performing a clunker. Nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Four to two. Today was a good day. Juan Soto oh for three.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Aaron Judge, his miserable postseason continued, Oh for three.
Speaker 3: He's hitting ninety one in the World Series.
Speaker 2: John Carlos Stanton from the Grade one eight only Yankee to show up in this World Series. He's two for four tonight, and Alex Verdugo hit a two run home run with two outs in the ninth inning off of Michael Kopex.
Speaker 3: So that's how the Yankees got their two runs.
Speaker 2: Eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's take one more phone call before we say goodnight. Greg and Corona walk us off. Make me feel good.
Speaker 18: Hey, Dave, Hey, just first off, just want to give a shout out.
Speaker 11: To you and Kate.
Speaker 18: You guys are putting in some work. I can't you're you're in the Bronx right now. It's I don't know what if it twelve one one of the Monk. Yeah, you guys, said Don Cucko's burban. And I'm up in the morning with like doing dad duties and we're going to work and everything. And I'm up with I'm up with those guys with scam and here I am at night with you.
Speaker 12: It's awesome.
Speaker 18: You guys are you guys are awesome? Anyhow, I just want to think, yeah, yeah, I was at the eighty World sort of the giftson Home Run. My dad was at the fifty nine World Series with his dad at the Coliseum in the white I took and I and I took my son to the twenty seventeen uh the Houston Cheaters for Game one. When Kershaw won that Game one, I had to. I had to. I had to keep it up. But anyhow, I just want to because there's already a really buzz about, oh, we're Soto going Dodgers. Are you know what? We have the stars that we have. I just hope that the front off, everybody learns that we already have our stars. We just need the dogs that we have around them, like the Edmunds and the Taoskars and the Kiks and all that. Like we are like this is like it's this.
Speaker 11: This this team.
Speaker 18: Is the fight that we need. And like you just said previously, I think two cars ago you saw something in this team and they have it, and I just I just hope that they continue to do that going forward. Hey, job's not saying it's.
Speaker 2: Gotta be careful when you start bringing in too many big personalities, too many alphas. U. We saw what Juan Soto did in San Diego. He was good for one year. But you know, it's not a question of if the Dodgers have the resources. It's a question whether or not they think Juan Soto is a fit for them. And I'm not sure he's a perfect fit for them. He's a really good player, don't get me wrong, but uh, I'm not going to say Tioscar Hernandez is as good of a player talent wise as Juan Soto. But Tioscar Hernandez is a better fit for the Dodgers than Juan Soto.
Speaker 18: Dave I did that.
Speaker 12: We have our stars.
Speaker 18: Let's surround him with the best people that we can make. The starting pitcher.
Speaker 3: By the name of Blake Snell next year, Snell Zilla, Oh, bring him.
Speaker 18: Hey, a friend of Snell.
Speaker 2: Villa's a Dodger. I'm sticking around. If snell Zilla signs elsewhere, you never know. Maybe I leave when Kershaw leaves.
Speaker 18: A friend of yours, isn't He's a friend of the program, so.
Speaker 2: He's a dog too perfect All right, Greg, Greg, call I got it run. Hey, Dwayne wants to go back to the hotel. We gotta get ready for Game four.
Speaker 18: Yep, take it easy, but thank you.
Speaker 2: All Right, there he goes Greg and Corona. Great way to walk it off. We're gonna wrap up Dodger talk now. We'll be back with you tomorrow night. Win or lose. After Game four, everybody around here feels like the Dodgers are in a great position to close it out and sweep the New York Yankees. We could get to all the hot stove stuff. It's funny how you guys are already talking about things in the off season, living in the future, and none of it's happened yet. Let's worry about winning the World Series. Let's celebrate it, Let's enjoy it, stay in the moment with these group of guys. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Let's worry about Game four, a bullpen game. The Dodger bullpen Dogs are ready to go against Luis Heel for the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck begins at four o'clock tomorrow with first pitch from Yankee Stadium with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson at five to eight as the Dodgers look to close out the World Series and sweep the Yankees. It would be the second time these two teams have well. The Dodgers have swept the Yankees in the World Series. I mentioned sixty three at Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers swept a four game World Series from the Yankees. They'll look to do it again tomorrow night. Thanks to Colin Ye back at our burd Bank Studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Yankee Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show or our postgame interview with Mookie Betts.
Speaker 3: You can find it on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And Yes, Steve Sacks and Tim Kates tomorrow morning at six o'clock maybe their last postseason show if the Dodgers can sweep the Yankees. Tim Kates Steve Sacks scam tomorrow and Kates has already texted me he wants me on at eight thirty Pacific time.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim, I'll be there once again. The final score from.
Speaker 2: Yankee Stadium, the Dodgers defeat the Yanks four to two, one win away from being champions.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you tomorrow night from the Bronx. See you