Speaker 1: To lose should now be called two wins. Prince Andrew is paying for his past sins. After Saturday, Wigan fans are in heaven. The Bradford Bulls partied like it was nineteen ninety seven. There were also wins for Saints, Wakian, Leeds Brisbane now know to give a little respect to Super League. Welcome to the tenth episode of Super League three sixty, a podcast primarily about the top tier of British rugby league, but a few other things as well. My name is Lee Addison.
Speaker 2: And my name is John Davidson.
Speaker 1: You've not said anything about the poetry this week, John, do was it not up to the mark?
Speaker 2: It was very good, but it was very good. But you've so you're just.
Speaker 1: Used to it now, you're blase already. I mean when somewhere you know, when you've got a star player in your team, you just expect greatness all the time. I'm I'm a coach in Australia, but obviously clearly not got an Australian accent despite nearly twenty years in this country. John's a journalist in the UK. We have had to cut down on describing who we are, so you have to look back at some old podcasts or on the description. This podcast is being aired also on the Ashes, Rugby League and Rugby League Coach podcast platforms Rugby League Coach YouTube as well, so if you subscribe to those you won't miss a Thinger and I also believe in the last week John that Rugby League dot Com, Steve mascad and the gang have taken our podcast as well, which we really appreciate.
Speaker 2: To put us on their schedule of programming.
Speaker 1: John Davidson tweet of the week. I'm actually it's not something that you did per se, it's the responses to it. So on the February of the eighteenth, you tweeted do you still tweet? Even though it's called X you still I'd.
Speaker 2: Like to call it Twitter as opposed to X about.
Speaker 1: To support okay our specs, Savers is giving out twenty thousand red tinted glasses at the MKM Stadium Entrances tomorrow night for the World Club Challenge. Through the lenses anything black turns Red, giving KR fans a way to feel at home in a stadium usually wrapped in black and white. And then at Keith Underscore Cat, who is known on ex Twitter as a dad of three, granddad of six and all leftc mad replied efing gobbledegook, you mup it call yourself a journal thought you was all supposed to be good with words with it being your trade. Efinglame dot com yep.
Speaker 2: Perfectly no more response. In the world of social media and.
Speaker 1: The regulating somebody else said they went there spelt it wrong on a holiday. Tell me the Broncos put as much into this as they did their finals campaign. No, didn't even have a match. Yeah, they took it serious and I'm Prince Andrew Socials pop up lee of the week. They're still happening. In response to my saying that I believe that we should respect super League because there's only two professional, full time competitions in the world, so we should show it a bit more respect, Ryan Fuller on Facebook said, y'all can't even pronounce bottle of water correctly. Relax, bo oh oh. Julian Thomas Brenchley Super League is the NRL from Team Moves shaded up. In response to my saying Wiggans nineteen ninety four World Club Challenge win was the best, well, a certain man called Martin a Fire shared my post, but Lee Cullerton replied, Bollocks Witness versus cam Barra Raiders. They're all concerning bt W Witness eighty nine all day long. We got some questions though on social media. John Paul Trest said, do you think Willie Peters will still be at KR next year?
Speaker 2: He's contracted, but to be honest, I would not be surprised. Look, I think the Newcastle Knights were interested in last year. He wasn't interested in that job. I think there was another gig potentially that he could have gone for, and you know that he didn't. I'm sure if Anthony seboll gets the acts or if mainly struggle, you know, he'll be on the radar for I think he's probably the number one candidate for any in our old job at the moment, so that's probably fifty to fifty if he's away. If he's there. Actually, I know the P and G chiefs. There was a story came out from Australia saying, you know he'd be int in talking about a job. I don't think necessarily PG would be the first choice for him, but yeah, I think he's he's a friend r and what he did last year. But then obviously what he's done with whole character Thursday Night. Yeah, you know with the Ashes as well with Australia. He's very very talented coach and got a you know, inclining reputation that just gets better and better.
Speaker 1: And of course he's been linked with the England job too. Look, they're just one thing I want to add. It's happened this week. Jason Demetrio also spoke about wanting to get back into the NRL. He's only just got his feet under the table at London. I think Willie Peters has possibly earned the right. But I just find it a tiny little bit disrespectful to these clubs in England. And Brad Arthur has been linked to a few positions ever since he's been at Leeds. It's just a tiny bit disrespectful to the clubs in England, their employers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know, I know the journalists will ask. He doesn't mean they have to answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think I think it depends on, you know, the relationship that you have with the club and also you know your intentions when you come in. I think Brad Arthur always came in from datad saying, you know, he was never going to be at Leeds for a long time. He publicly went for the Perth job, didn't get it. He's always, you know, said that, you know, he's looking to get back to the NRL. I don't think he's made any secret so that Willie Peters, I think I'm trying to remember. But I think he got the whole car an end of twenty twenty two, twenty three, so what this is his servefall fourth season now and look he's turned the club around. I'm sure there have been discussions with the hierarchy long term. You know, he's always said that he wanted to get into the NRL. I think he's contracted to the end of twenty twenty eight. I could be wrong. Now he had an extension not long ago, but look, he may sally that out. I think he's his family's very happy, his wife's happy there and lustry. He's doing a great job there. So but you know, you can say, lad, that's disrespectful, But the NRL is the pinnacle of the sport, like that's a fact. Whether on Thursday Night or not, which they did, it's still the of the sport.
Speaker 1: Sam Luke on Facebook said World Club Challenge. Why would Rovers go short from a dropout when Rovers are well up on points.
Speaker 2: Were you're the coach, may only that one to you.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes players are just robots and don't always adapt to the situation, particularly went under pressure. And we're going to talk a bit later about the context of the World Club Challenge in England, and it would have meant so much to those Whole KR players, particularly the English lads to win the game, and the Australian lads who again but probably can't necessarily secure an NRL contract or they're playing in Super League. It would be big for them too because they want to stamp their mark on on on the world of rugby league. So I think pressure sometimes does strange things to people. And I do think that a good leader in that team and are smart. So I would imagine if Cameron Smith at his peak was playing for the Whole k Are or Cooper Krok, they would have said, no, we need to kick this one long. So I just think it's that it's that simple. Really, Maybe Willy send the message out, Maybe Willy didn't send the message out. Maybe Willy tried to send the message out but the trainer didn't get there. I just think I just think sometimes we do things in rugby league just because they get done and we don't necessarily process the reasons why. Interesting question, Matthew Darnley, who has sent us a few questions. Thanks Matthew. Given that all three promoted teams have won a game and to lose, being two from two, does it prove that there is enough talent fourteen teams in Super League and that it just needs celebrating more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's a really good question. I don't think we can make the judgment now when you say is there enough talent? I mean there's not enough English talent because if you look across all those teams, you know, most of them have at least ten foreign players. So they had to increase the quota because they were concerned about the lack of talent. So I think that's a fact. I mean, I even, you know, we started on the World Cup Challenge. I had a look at the makeup of the two squads and if you look through a thirty five percent of Whole Hours team on Thursday night, of their seventeen thirty five percent rossies six of them, and they had a Kiwi player and a French player and nine of them, fifty three percent were English. And then you look at the Broncos, seventy percent of their players rossies and five of them were Kiwi, so thirty percent. So out of the two squads, fifty three percent of the players on the field and the World Cup Challenge were Australian and twenty six percent were English.
Speaker 1: So what was the percentage of Australian?
Speaker 2: Sorry, fifty three percent of the thirty four players and both of the coaches were Australian. Yeah, and there was actually eighteen percent were Kiwis and twenty six percent were English.
Speaker 1: So it's probably more a re a reflection of the Southern Hemisphere player pool.
Speaker 2: And I think you get, yeah, you can read lots into it, but I think it shows how interreliant both the NRL and Super leg are. English game is very reliant on Australian New Zealand players coaches throughout, and you know, there's a massive I think it's another reason why there should be a partnership between the two leagues because there's already you know, things going on, knowledge sharing, you know, loans, players, moving development, all that sort of stuff that already happened anyway. Media. It just needs probably to be formalized, but I think they were very dependent on each side of the world. Because rugby league is a small sport, let's be honest, they're very co reliant.
Speaker 1: So as you said, I'm a coach and I look at it from a coaching perspective, and one thing I've noticed has been a few big injuries in the first round of Super League. Blake Taff, somebody else at Wigan is out for a while. I forget off the top, Jack Wardle.
Speaker 2: How does Field have got a load of injuries?
Speaker 1: A load? Whereas I'm critical of the NRL, I think they trained too much and prepare too much for the season, and I think there's too much of a focus on trying to get personal best all the time. By round two, there'll be thirty four players on the sideline with easily that's two squads of seventeen. Okay, in Super League, I think it's the exact opposite. I think they don't have enough time. Their season finishes later and it also starts earlier. And this year we've also had the added focus on the Ashes, so they've had less preparation time. So I think there's a lot of bodies that are underprepared, and because of that, I think some of the stronger sides and those who are more in tune with sports science and the body's workings actually tend to pace their season a little bit more so they're not necessarily focused on starting too well all the time. And Leeds might be an example of that. Right they had a scratchy performance a week before. Lee could be one of those. They're probably just eighty seventy percent of where they want to be. Saint Helen's could be, et cetera, et cetera. We're going to have had a good start, but I don't think they've had the toughest draw yet. And what that gives an opportunity for is for the newly promoted sides. So for example, your Bradford New York's and you're to lose by natural attrition, they'll have less international players anyway, so they'll have more of their players at pre season, so they can put in more work and as a result, they can start the season well. And I think that's why York pulled the pants down of Saint Helens. Saint Helen's worth ten percent off. I think that's why to lose have had a good start as well, because they're just catching teams a little bit cold, and because it's a bloody longage on the Super League year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: The human body just can't take that much work throughout a year. So what I think we're finding right now, Matthew, is that imbalance that some teams are a bit more ahead in there in their preparation. Because if York Bradford to lose get five wins from the first ten games, they're not going to finish bottom basically, And that's why a team like Huddersfield will probably start to get a bit worried in a couple of weeks if they don't win a game in Castleford. What we're actually looking at is a situation where we probably need to judge it in eight to ten rounds, in eight to ten rounds, and I think there's warning signs there already with York. York played the game of their life against Saint Helens. Seven days later, ah okay are again sorry against Okay. A week later went to Leeds and don't get me wrong, I know they've had a hard draw, but that just proves how hard elite rugby league can be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I think I think we'll have a better judge probably around Easter, which is yeah, seven seven rounds in and we'll have a better judge than you. But look, the promoted teams so far have done really well. At Bradford were very good against Catalans, you know, I mean it's the first game an Ons Super Ego and Module in eleven twelve years and I had ten thousand. Fantastic and they deserve their win and to lose great two wins, you know, you'd have to say against Wakefield and Casts winnable probably games for to loose, but not necessarily you know, no gimmes by anyway, but they've done fantastically well and York you know, came up against a very talented lead side. So yeah, we will. We will know more throughout the year. I think if you if you're Castleford a Harddersfield though, yeah, your two wins and two losses so their game coming up and around three is massive. You don't want to be none and three after three rounds.
Speaker 1: If you want to get questions tours during the week, well, first of all, you can right on my Facebook or Instagram at Rugby League Coach, or you can email me Admint at Rugby League Coach dot com to say you John you can.
Speaker 2: Get me on Facebook at John Davidson Journalists or on x and Johnny d Davidson. That's generally where most of the abuse rolls in.
Speaker 1: I think you'd give different contact details every week. Yeah, look, we're going We talked about the World Club Challenge. We had a reaction pod, and I know we're going to go into it in game reviews and we're also going to have it in Johnny's job, so we'll just part that for a moment. We have also made a pledge to cover some NRL news a little bit to make sure fans in England in particular are still in tune with what's going on. So obviously they're two weeks from the season starting on the mainland, but obviously Vegas is the official start of their season. This one I know you're going to respond to, though I'm not one of those who will overanalyze trials so friendly matches in terms of their importance for the bigger picture, for the reasons I've just mentioned with regards to Super League that some teams are more prepared than others at this stage of the year. For example, on pretty sure we're not too worried about Melbourne Storm, even though the Titans put forty past them in a trial. That said. A certain team that John Davidson supported as a boy, the Manly Sea Eagles. They played against South Sydney Rabbit Holes yesterday in a trial and they showed absolutely nothing and selves basically controlled the game from go to Oh and the coach Seabold was seen several times in the coaching box. He wasn't losing his rag by any stretcher, He's not that kind of person, but he's just shaking his head and that would suggest to me that he wasn't seeing what he wanted to see at this stage. He wasn't too relaxed about what he was seeing. So that came to mind automatically when you mentioned Willie Peters, who has worked at many before. That could be another real thing to watch because I think Sea Bold is a bit in the Sam Burgess realm needs to have a big club that needs to have a good start to the NRL season.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, he's probably one of the coaches, one of the most pressure. I probably put him Todd Payton. Apart from that, I think probably even Shane Vanigan's got a bit more breathing space, but I think those two were probably the most under pressure. Obviously, Wholebook's a new coach, the Titans coach his name escapes me has only just come in, so he's got a bit of breathing room. Jason Rawls is only in his second season at Paris, so yeah, I think Seabold wasn't far from the acts last season, and you know, mainly had a bad year last year and they really obviously the DC's gone, but they need to they need to improve, and I think if he if they don't perform well, he will be out.
Speaker 1: Mike Rush is leaving Saint Helen's or has left. You can maybe add some clarity to that, but that's Saint Helen's and the Rugby Football League that are looking for a chief executive office.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the Rush one is very interesting. Obviously, been at a club for twenty seven years. You know, he was the coach at one point, he was the CEO for a long time. Yeah, it was sort of the key figure at the club for a long time. But there's been a lot of rumors about him. I approached him the week before he denied he was he'd left his role and the media managed to denied it, and then there was more rumors that was announcement on the Monday, and then low and behold on the Monday they announced that he was stepping down. Just goes to show you can always believe what you're sold. But look, yeah, I think there's a lot that's been gone behind the scenes. But my rush obviously there's a marked personal situation which you know, sources have sort of said that he was offered a contract which he agreed to and then that contract was pulled and that's upset a lot of people. You could say there's been a lot of questionable decisions in terms of re signings and deals and recruitment at Saint Helens in the last couple of years, like the signing among A Blake and extensions for Ignacious Parsi and Conrad Harrald's there's quite a few there. So look saying all that, I think Mike RuSHA obviously was a key part in there four wins in a row, but maybe you know, just changes is perhaps good at any club, but the chairman aim around us is filling that role, so that's probably not a great thing. Then you've got a chairman running us running the club as the CEO as well long term. But yeah, I think Saint Alan's to me, they've always been. They've been a very successful club, but they're somewhat insular. They're very focused about themselves and their and not looking like say a Wigan is to kind of promote the sport and everything around. So maybe some change that couple will open their doors a bit and don't look beyond the greater Merseyside area.
Speaker 1: I know Mike Rush and I've worked with him. What an amazing stint at Saint Helen's twenty seven years. I mean, nobody can doubt commit them to a club, but what a will add. And this is with the biggest amount of respect I could ever offer. As I mentioned sometimes, I'm a Manchester City fan and when City won the Treble, which was their holy grail for so long, and winning the Champions League, there's definitely been something of a drop in standard at Manchester City. And this is with all those resources, all the support, all the finances, and nothing fails like success in sport. And I think if you look at Mike Rush's ear as CEO, Saint Helen's actually won the league was it four on the bouts or three on the bout?
Speaker 2: Was four on the bout four on the bount which is an amazing twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody else has done that. Nobody else has done that. So it may just be that he's reached the end of his energy level and that's not a crime, and he needs to be applauded for what he's done there. And because there's a few things, another thing to add to the Saint Helen's probably need a reset is that crowd on on Friday, on Thursday or Friday whenever they played Lea only down the road from Saint Helens, it was a big game and there were so many empty seats there. Now it wasn't it wasn't a good look.
Speaker 2: So I think there was I'm just actually having a look now. I think it was fifty. No, it was thirteen thousand, two hundred and three, which is not you know, the biggest crowd. But look, I think if we look at Saint Helens, I was even when they were in that that great run, they weren't you know, getting massive crowds every week. And I think what happened with Paul Wellens last year was also you know, I think the treatment of a club legend like him, and a treatment by some of the fans as well, like you know, abuse being sent to his son and all that sort of thing. It's just disgusting. You possibly lost each way a little bit. Yes, I think I think that's fair. Look, I think that's a fair comment. And I'm not putting that blame on Soliel might rush or anything like that. But yeah, I think obviously things are changing. Their poor rolies come in. I actually saw poorly a couple of hours ago. It was commentating on the Huddersfield game. There's been a big turnover of players. There's going to be more turnover. You know, that generation for that run, you know, is largely going or gone. It needs to needs to happen. They've got a good crop, a young good crop of young players coming through, but you know, there needs to be changing the club, and I think they do need to modernize a bit as well.
Speaker 1: Talking of modernizing, Bradford Bulls returned to the Sorry Bradford Balls returned to Super League, and therefore oddsal returns to Super League. I'll be quite honest, John, just from looking on the television all the way from Brisbane, it looks no different to when I was last there sometime in the late nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think you're a bit half there. I think I think the last time I was also was twenty eighteen. But I think they have made quite a few changes, you know, flood lights, they've painted certain things. So I think we give them some credit obviously. You know, it's not a it's not an Alliance arena, it's not a Wembley, it's you know, but look, ten thousand people there for the first game against Catlans, and Catlans will have no away fans, snow, criticism, lens. It's just a fact. So fantastic to see that many people in Bradford at the Bulls. Hopefully they can maintain similar ground levels throughout the season. They all had it, but they were really good. It was a night of celebration for them. They've had a lot of dark times Bradford since well, I think it's probably around two thousand and nine ten, when you know the main problem started. So good on them, great performance. They dominated Catlans Catlands, where as their coach said they were soft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll go through that in the game review. Talking about dark times, These new floodlights. I think they still need to turn them up a bit because it did look dark on the TV. And the grass was long too, the grass was really long.
Speaker 2: Well, I said this to how can you get the Super eight launch? Like? Coming on? So will be in an advantage for his team because you know it is a different climate in that bowl, and you know it's a small pitch, and you know it's not the most hospitable. It's a bit like a couple of years ago, you know. No, I think Rgan just said, you know, hated playing it wakeful because the dressing rooms were from salted.
Speaker 1: Salted in my hometown. Used to bang your head on the dressing room because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean not at the aj bell, but definitely the willows.
Speaker 1: There's a different there's a there's a problem though this. We are now in twenty twenty six, which is over a quarter of a century into a quarter of a century into the twenty third century, so people expect more. Our friend James Speedy Vile Varley put on Facebook there's better flood lights, jeez, I hate to see what they were like previously. And the speedway track has been tarmised instead of shale. I don't know what tarmis means. He said he didn't get caught short, so I'm not sure about the toilet yet. The place does have a retro feel, shall we put it that way. And he's a Bradford fans, he's the he's the fair Bradford fan. Chad Collinson said it's worse now than it was in ninety seven. Sam Grundy said corporate hospitality stand built where the speedway pitch used to be. I think they've been there for a while though, haven't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they've done some work on the corporate hospitility. Look, I'm given Bradford credit. You know you can't magic gap millions to fix the stadium and that that whole stadium needs needs a lot of work. But you know they're they're trying to fix it, they're trying to improve it. So and you know they had they had a band there for the first night and they put on a great show. So credit credit to the Bulls.
Speaker 1: Something's cooking at Wigan. They will be top of the ladder, I would assume right now. But Adam Kieran, who plays in the outside backs, keeps clocking everybody. He's been in the.
Speaker 2: First two weeks of Yeah, he picked up and I know at least he picked up one last year, not more. He has gone a bit of a worrying tendency to kind of fly out of the line. I mean, he's obviously he's trying to make a defensive read and to stop the ball getting out to the winger, but he's coming in and he's hitting people in the head, whether it be shouldered ahead or swinging on. And yeah, it was a bad one. I think it's probably lacky. He didn't get a red on Saturday Night against but he's by no means a dirty player, but he's just quite a tendency to get those wrong. And I would imagine, you know, with the points loading. I don't know what points he's on, but he's looking at least probably again a week or two Bain, which with Jack Waller that means that we're gonna have no centers. So but it's going to be difficult for them in the next game.
Speaker 1: You've mentioned he didn't get a red, so it's a good segue into something I want to talk about refereeing interpretations. I had to feel like the Super League at the moment is going through a phase where they are letting things go. And when I watched the World Cup Challenge the other day, it was pretty obvious that Brisbane was sometimes trying to play a different sport. So, for example, obstructions that so tries that would be reviewed incessantly in the NRL were not reviewed in that World Club Challenge or indeed in bost Super League games. I've seen a few things that look a bit forward the marker area. I'm sorry, it is an absolute disgrace. I implore everybody to let me finished on because I can see you're getting ready. I can see that. I suggest everybody looks at the first set of Super League last year, the Grand Final, and how offside? What is it? Farrell? What's his name? The right edge for whom Liam Farrell? That's right, yeah, Liam. There's too many Farrells in Wigan. He was so offside when he chopped down Mikey Lewis's kick. It was ridiculous. But and this is why I stopped you interrupted. I actually like all this. I think it's a positive because the game's flowing and I'm worried the NRL will be the exact opposite. So during the World Cup Challenge, a couple of Brisbane players were in the tackle. They were grabbing the back of the neck to try and suggest that they've been grappled. Some of them were trying to get some kind of crusher. Somebody dived like it was Swan Lake when a defender just brushed them, and none of it was even looked at by the referee. I can assume, and I like it. I like it. I've got to be honest.
Speaker 2: I was at the game and the press seats at are about uh as far back as like Lincoln, so you can't really steal what was going on.
Speaker 1: What's worse? What's worse the m k M or Everton Stadium?
Speaker 2: Uh probably the MK actually later but anyway, look, I can't you know comment. I've not gone back and watched the game and analyzed the rock. But there was a few forward passes there in that game, and I've seen a lot of forward passes the first two rounds and then they don't seem to be getting cold. And again in terms of the Rock, I mean that Wigan game that we can have c game. It seemed to be a lot of holding and a lot of niggle around the neck and hit was just getting not penalized. So yeah, it's a bit of a crapshoot. I think week to week what is was get what is and what isn't getting penalized. Some refs seem to be one in quicker rocks, others don't. It kind of ebbs and flows.
Speaker 1: I think what would happen in Australia because of the scrutiny around your three sixties and your radioshals have just been banging on about one decision or two and we're just not getting that at the moment in England and coaches will get a bit frustrated. I understand that, but as a rule, I think praise to the referees for allowing things to flow and there's not that paralysis by analysis that we have in the NRL where because I do think one thing we can we can praise the Super League refs for at the moment they are allowed that they've got a feel for the game. So none of the games have erupted, none of the games have turned into the okay Corral. Yet I do know under Liam Moore they will tend to be one rook or two that I remember in the in the Super League Grand Final looked at one roock in the middle of the game, and I'm thinking, I don't even know how to describe what I've just seen. It was that different to what normally happens. So but I'm talking about rare incidences. So play on, I say, play on for a while. Anyway, you wrote a story last week Sean Wayne considering or started legal action over his exit from England. I thought he resigned, John, I thought he resigned.
Speaker 2: Well that was that was the claim and the press release that the RFL made on the fourteenth of January. I found out that he'd threatened the legal action. He was he did not see the decision for him to move on by the RFL coming, and that he threatened legal action. And I chased the RFL for quite some time in this and in the end they refused to comment, so they wouldn't confirm it, and they wouldn't deny it, and they wouldn't provide any other context, and neither did the RFL CEO. Sean Wayne didn't get back to me either. But yeah, it's it's not it's not surprising the sense that I think he always had ultimate faith in his own ability, and he was asked after the third test, you know, do you believe you are the right man still for the job, and he said, I don't believe. I know I am and I have the support of my staff and players. Now there have been some rumblings that, you know, I think some of the players weren't that happy, but I think most people can work out. When you're losing ashes series three nil and you get the selections wrong, you get the tactics wrong, you get the performances wrong, it's probably time to move on. So I think the RFL made the the right decision without a doubt.
Speaker 1: There's also tends to be ten of the starting thirteen that are very happy with the colt because they got picked.
Speaker 2: Well look just to just to jump in there, and you know, it goes back to the World Cup challenge, you know, the heroic performance that Dean Hadley put in. He was one of the players that got overlooked by Sean Wayne Elliot Manchela was another bat of steel. Jesse Lenton obviously played the second and third Test for or started at Hoco for England, but should have started the first Test and was maybe England's best player of the series. And he was absolutely phenomenal on Thursday night and then you've got, you know, Mikey Lewis, who probably should have started at half in halves for all three not you know, off the bench or at hooker or at fullback. So you know, I think what happened on Thursday I probably ran home for some people a little more opinions about the Ashes as well.
Speaker 1: Also on the RFL, it was leaked last week from Australia actually that Tony messed off the former Manly CEO could be the next English Rugby League ce L.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think he's applied. It's interesting they said he was the front runner. I mean I've not heard that. That may be the case, but I've not heard that. As I said, there's been a few names mentioned, you know, in contention, like Cal Fitzpatrick and Paul Aken. Rob Hicks's name has been thrown up. Yeah, I think Mestro would be interesting because obviously he's got close ties to Peter Landy's, doesn't he. So I think if he got the job, you would think that some sort of partnership with the NRL would be part of that or on the way. But you know, Niger Wood and the RFL's kind of you know, kind of I'm not sure how the best way to put it, but not necessarily welcomed any NROL takeover or any partnership with open arms have they if you know, I think there's a reluctance from some people in the English game to get into bed with the NRL. So yeah, I think there's a lot to come on that front. And then obviously who is the chairman who sits above the new rfl C the group chairman, which some people are saying it will be a coronation for Nigel would so I guess we I think I think March is probably when we will find out, or at least at the end of March, the the successes of those or the appointments for those positions.
Speaker 1: Whether people love or hate what the nagile Wood administration is doing right now. I know it's not officially the agile Wood administration, but I think we can we can safely assume he's got a lot of influence, this new this new broom. Love them or hate them for what they're doing. They are doing things and this CEO appointment will I think give us the biggest indication of their plan for the next phase of super leagues and Rugby Football League's history. I really do, because if they do go with an Australian such as Mestro or any CEO in Australia at all who fancies it, that is going to be a pretty good indication. But also at the very least somebody that Peter the land Is and Andrew Abdoll can liaise with about what's going on. I mean, there's no guarantee that the anarl are happy with what they are looking at too. They might want to monitor it for a year, eighteen months, two years. If the appointment is somebody that some people on internet forums will say, oh that's one of Nigel Woods old boys from somewhere, blah blah blah, we have a pretty clear idea of what might be happening. If they go for a complete outsider from anywhere else apart from Rugby League World in Australia, then then that's another direction again. So I think I think this is going to be a real key, key appointment. English rugby league sides are very good at the World Club Challenge John and okay our beat Broncos thirty twenty four. I mean, we did a reaction podcast on Thursday night, Your Time Friday morning, Australia time. And the idea of that is we want fans who are at away games, like literally, we'll have it out on the first game of the weekend most weekends so you can listen to it on the way home and it will literally want the quick reaction. I guess my question to you, John is what are your thoughts after you've had a few nights sleep, because you know, bear in mind we have done our review of the game. Yes, so so you you you live in England, you work in England. You know, how does it sit in your head since since Thursday?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, as I said, I've got I went back and watched some of the post match. I've not rewatched the game, but uh and I was riding a piece of The Guardian about paying House and how the Broncos have dealt with his decision to defect asses Sidney. So that was, I guess, a separate angle. But look the reaction. It was a fantastic occasion. I've been to quite a few World Cup Challenges, and I've been to a lot of Super A Grand Finals, World Cup finals, Challenge Cup finals, you know, the biggest games in rugby league. For the best part of a decade that was right up there. It was a fantastic full house, unbelievable atmosphere, whole car. I did a great put in the event and the game was amazing. You know, oholek are flying out of the box absolutely bashing the Broncos, and then the Bronco's coming back in the last twenty minutes or so almost stealing it. It was. It was squeaky bum time for everyone in the whole guy and it left I left that game thinking, wow, that was amazing and how lucky I am to be able to get to write about the sport. So it renewed my faith. Look, I've said this for numerous years. And the Wigan Penwrith game what two years ago was also fantastic. The said Helen's Penwoth game, which obviously I watched on TV because it was out in Western Sydney. That was a great game. I think these are great occasions. I think they should be in the calendar every year. The next one should be in Australia. Regardless of who wins it. It should be a fixture in the calendar. And it means a lot. And the people that claim, you know it doesn't mean anything. I think they're just kidding themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, this is john his job. We've we've merged it into Johnny's job.
Speaker 2: But I think you're running I think Look, the Broncos came in ten days before they were staying. I think it is at the Lensbury. It's apparently like the elite world class hotel in London that the all blacks and everyone stays, you know, at costs an amal leg they had are posed sessions with the London Broncos that are posed sessions with huh lef C. They flew up from London to Hole, which is I don't know, a four hour drive. You know, they were sparing no expense, Like, yes, they could have had a game beforehand, but.
Speaker 1: The r LPA probably wouldn't allow that any exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that people said it you can't just throw in extra games when you have a player's union that has limits on how much players and also where the NRL sits. The season hasn't started yet, people are still in pre season. So look, the Broncos wanted to win and they gave it there all. They might have been a bit rusted up, but the whole k I deserve the credit because they were near perfect for fifty sixty minutes, and you can't. The Broncos did this all the final series last year, didn't They They played a very loose They played a very loose open star, which is entertained to watch. But they let in a lot of tries and they came back in every semi and evening in the Grand Frontal win. But you can't keep doing it in every game.
Speaker 1: They played like a team that hadn't played a game. So every try that jo k r scored, four of them. So every try that Jo k are scored, their set started within twenty meters of the Broncos goalife right, So four errors, so I call them field position gifts. Four errors and the fifth one was a forty twenty Okay, so.
Speaker 2: Literally, I can't. I can't remember when center fullback winger that dropped so much bored from kicks on their own line like it was. It was. It was terrible.
Speaker 1: They were rusty. They were rusty, and then they sort of woke up and clicked a little bit. Look, I can only asume they don't do it in Las Vegas because the Super League makes more money if they play it in or the clubs make more money if they play it in England. That's the only reason I consume because I can. I can assume because the the sensible decision for integrity of the game so that we don't have to have this conversation about who takes it the most seriously and whatever else would be to play it in that slot in Las Vegas. That would be the obvious one.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's not easy to organize though, is it. Because in terms of Vegas, you know people clubs are told nine months or whatever they are. There's a lot of preparations going marketing. Like it's not you can add in a game in Vegas and like, it's not. It's not like featherstand down the road where there's a stayment that you can use like it's it's it's American sports. It's different.
Speaker 1: The NRL and the RFL could book that for them and just say, look, you just have to do it, but they could consult and look, I just need to where there's a will John, Yeah, well.
Speaker 2: This this is a contest. This is an event that's got real value. Absolutely, so they just need to find a space in it in the calend every year. I think it works in February, you know, maybe as an open season, as an opener for the season for both competitions have probably is super League starts so much earlier, so it's round two. It's usually it's usually round two or round three in Super League. But the World Cup challenge is great and the players love it. All the players are fans get behind it.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great challenge for an RL teams at the moment. I mean, the last five years have been Super Leagues and I think the way you described what Broncos did is them starting to go anger on a minute, we're not guaranteed a win, because I think there has been a little bit of that. I think some I look back over the history of it, some of the approaches have been somewhat as I say in France, I think Penry's first time round were probably a little bit blase when they were at home. They certainly weren't in there second visit to Wigan. So I just think it's a real tough challenge for NRL teams and I think we forget sometimes in Australia. Yes, winning the NRL is a great competition, is a great achievement, but great teams always go a step further than that because we're in a salary cap sport. If you look at the last twenty five years, virtually every team's been in the NRO Grand Final, right, So the fact that the talent gets shared around basically. So I just think it's a great challenge again for the NRL teams to try and to try and do something as it is right now in England as well. So I'm with you, John, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Well, you look at it's interesting because between I think it was yeah, twenty twelve leads beat mainly and Headingley and then from basically twenty thirteen till twenty twenty three there was two years off of gover between twenty three Super Leigue only one one of what one, two, three, four, five, six seven World Cup challenges and that was wigganb and Crenaller at the dw which I was out at twenty seventeen. But there were some massive scores in there like south Well the Roosters beat Wigan thirty six fourteen in Sydney, South smashed and Helln's thirty nine mil in Pantry Park, North Queensland. I was at this game and it was a great game, even though North Queensland batted Leeds thirty eight to four, and then you know Melbourne beat Leeds thirty eight to four in in Melbourne and twenty eighteen, and then you know there was two Roosters wins which were closer games twenty to eight and twenty to twelve. But I think it just shows that probably the top end, you know, people would say, oh, you know, all of Super Leagu's improving it. I wouldn't necessarily say that, but I would say the top end of Super League'd say your top four can definitely compete, and they look there one off games. Anything can happen in a one off game, you know. But I think you look at whole kur Wigan lead, you know they could compete with the NRL sides, and I think that's probably always been the case. But yeah, a big fail of the World Cup challenge and I think a long may it continue.
Speaker 1: Saint Helen's twenty Lee eighteen Paul Rowley gets his first Super League one win. Lee led twice in that game. I want to talk about Saint Helen's defense, the Redge defense in particular particularly the right edge. Already, John, they're the fourth worst defensive side in the competition, only Cash York and HAWFC are worse. And and I want the reason I'm bringing this up is because last week I said, I do have paul worries about Paul Rowley's defensive systems. Just you know, we're not targeting Paul Rowley. It's just something I've noticed in the past and I want I want fans to look out for it because they've conceded some points already, and yeah, it's changes a foot at Saint Helens. John Well I saw today.
Speaker 2: I have passed on your your comment about his defensive systems. I was watching the Bradford game, so I only switched over and saw the ending, which was quite thrilling because Saint Helen's were bravely holding on and Lee were coming up after them. But yeah, Lee a very good team. I think that Helens were relieved to get out and get off the mark, but that the issue is more injuries. So I think Nan named McDonald and Johnny Lomax picked up injuries in that game. Obviously they've already lost Well Lee's for a long period, so big problems on the injury front for Saint Helens. You know that they're getting that win at home is a is a big pressure reliever. But you know there's more they go to. They go to Catalans next weekend, which you know isn't always an easy away trip. Catalans were very poor against Bradford. Yeah, that that'll be that'll be a tough one for them.
Speaker 1: Bradford's not an easier waitpah, come from Catalan region.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Jackson Hastings probably did a bit more of the things that we know and love about him in Super League. He had a better game. I actually thought I actually got a bit of a you know, you just have the occasional favorite player that you like. I'm a big fan of cal Felt. I'm a big fan of cal Felt. I always feel like he's been under undervalued wing who's just plowed his trade up there at Cowboys. Seems to score at least two every other week, and and he got on the score sheets. So that was good. That was good to see him doing exactly the same thing in Saint Helens's Industrial North Leeds forty six years York fourteen York back to Earth with a bump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw the highlights for this. It look quite The York were competitive early on and then just leads first half hour, first half hour they were in it. Yeah, they just moved the door really well. And see mic Cacibo, he's just a massive man. I mean, I think he's his best at Para was probably four years ago, but or five years ago, but he's still a huge human and you know it's going to take more one on one. You get him one on one on the edge, you know he's going to score nine times out of one hundred. And I think he took Ben Jones Bishop on his back and one of them and then he got two tries. But yeah, Leeds leads, they will win a good performance. I'll be very happy with that. And York, yeah, a little bit down to earth, but I think you know that that's going to happen over a season. Leads are a good team and eight tries leads. Yeah, I mean it's going to be hard for York to maintain that level that I had against Holga every week because you know they were in the championship last year and.
Speaker 1: Then this retro theme. It was the first time they'd met since nineteen ninety five on York on York one of the one of the worries I have, So I did an analysis video on some def on some defensive issues for some Super League teams last week, the ones that didn't cover that, I'm going to do this week. And one thing I said about York is that whole k are managed to whenever they got the gut near the goal line, just managed to overpower them. So my theory last week basically they were a bit soft in the middle defensively. Having a look at them this week, I have another theory as well to go alongside that one. They sometimes get the positioning wrong in broken play quite significantly. But I am going to change somewhat my diagnosis of their defense and say, if you get near the York goal line, you are probably going to score because because their techniques are a bit sorry, they're going too high a lot of the time. Because they were late entries into the Super League, they're probably not physically quite there all the time yet, and when people come full steam onto the ball there, particularly in the first few months of the season, I think I think they're going to find it tough. So if I was coaching against York this week, I'd be saying loads of field position, loads of completion, just get down the other end and let's throw some shapes at them and run run hard north south and I think you'll come up with some chocolates. Basically, Bradford Bulls, this is almost a Bradford bull show today. Twenty eight. We're trying to get these Bradford fans back on side. Catalans ten the Bulls were twenty four Milo up at halftime. I don't think Catalan's got off the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got absolutely flogged. I mean it was the first half demolition Bradford, as you'd expect. We're really up for it. You know, a lot of emotion, a lot of energy, and Catalans would just know where to be saying, I just coughed up ere after it was actually quite similar to the Broncos that kept coughing that boat on their own line with bad errors, treat mistakes, and then Bradford perished them as you would so, yeah, full credit to Bradford. John Tomkins was pretty scaring about his side after it, and yeah.
Speaker 1: With good His face is funny when they lose. He looks like he's ready to kill his players in the long grass. They sent Catalans to the long grass. Even the Catalans two tries they were gifts from Bradford. So I don't know if I don't know if you remember, but Ryan the left wing just passed the ball straight to the floor in his own end. And the second try Akins fumbled a dog's kick and gave them another gift. So they didn't even earn those tries Catalans. That's how bad they were that day. So no wonder Tompkins the coach had a face like that. My new team two wins to lose twenty four Castle for Tigers twelve wasn't a bad game this It was in the balance for sixty seventy minutes. Great defensive attitude from to lose. Last week I mentioned about how they have snow in midfield. I didn't notice that this week. And they made a big emphasis or put a big emphasis on collision. So because the rough speed is in theory being increased in Super League, and this happened a bit in the NRL list last year. People are coached. Some coaches are putting more emphasis on the way they actually tackled the player. So rather than go into control and dance or catch, some of them are actually trying to hit now with shoulders under the ball or on the ball or on the nose wherever they want to hit right. So Jesus said that two wins, the two wins, Olympiak, they were doing some of those some of those tackles in the game quite a lot. Catherleford's middle getting broken open quite easily. I mean it got broken within three minutes of each half starting and that's never a good sign. So I think that and they're left edge in defense, which was proflegate again? Is that the word when they leak a lot? That is that the right word? You're the gyal. We'll go with that, all right, I'll google it while you're talking. That would be a that would be an issue for the coach. I think. So huge, huge for Castle for this week they've got Huddersfield. But yeah, what did you make of that game? John?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think massive credits are to lose. You know, they're two from two promoted team. I think they deserve their victory. Oli Ashaw but again was terrific, you know, great reads and defense and just every time we ran the ball he was he said to be getting past defenders for bringing the tackles. Yeah, I'm really happy for them. I think they're a really good club. A lot of good people there, and yeah, it's a fantastic start. Look, I think disappointing for Cast because you know, the game was in the balance and they just kind of, I don't know, they just didn't surrender, but they just didn't didn't throw enough hact to lose. They didn't really stay in the grind. And yeah, disappointing loss, but I think it's it's fantastic for you know, to have such a great start because a lot of people would have picked them for bottom.
Speaker 1: The shuttle Gate is recklessly extravagant or wasteful in the use of resources, So yeah, i'd apply that. Yeah, that was alright, that word Wigan thirty four whole LEFC six talking about not turning up and being proffle Gate. Whole FC didn't muscle up at all. Wigan came out charging and another game that was twenty four mil at halftime. These were coming from Hole, not from the south of France. Yeah, really poor from.
Speaker 2: I think there was, Yeah, there was there was two parts. I think Hole were really poor, but I think Wigan were electric and I think you know, they've been the form team in the first two rounds. You know, they obviously have not well, they're not they're not played in the top tens yet, but they've they've put on big scores. They are attacks looked really good. Their defense was really really good on Saturday Night. But just the way they're moving the ball, like Bevan French, it's looked a real fit. Eley on the wing, you know, have a great dance start of the season. Joe Field, he's looking very dangerous. Yeah, I think there's a lot to like about Wigan. They really look motivated, they really look connected.
Speaker 1: Really carved up hauls left really carved them up, and I think they were playing so we were playing with that much go forward, the hooker, the wig and hooker was just rolling out and they were just doing what they wanted in attack.
Speaker 2: They were completely dominant, I think in every area of the game. And then you know, a whole lost at the bit Liam brain explosion from him and rightly yellow carded and really sad though what's happened to Will Price. I don't think we've found out what the injuries, but he looked really badly hurt and he's had a lot of injury issues the last season or two, so hopefully nothing too serious for him. But yeah, I mean John Carter, and I think you'd be looking at and saying, well, what the hell happened? Because that was just a terrible performance.
Speaker 1: Your Internet is saying John's network bandwidth is low, so I don't know if you're downloading any videos to watch after you've finished the recording. I also want to pay mention, pay tribute and mention Matt Pete, the Wigan coach. He he's got a lot of praise for this already, but I want to add he took the tie. He actually interrupted the interview closing at the end to praise okay Ar for what they did. But also there's something I've not mentioned since the amount of time he spent doing selfies with the fans after and autographs and things like that. People tend not to get autographs as regularly now they want more selfies and he was just so patient with them and I thought it was great to see and the England team could have learned a bit more from that. Huddersfield sixteen Waky eighteen. I think this says more a little bit about Wakefield and again maybe that theory they're just slowing starting season a little bit slower to time their run because there's a lot of confident people in Wakefield after last year's efforts. I had to laugh. Huddersfield used a robot to bring out the ball before the game in a Huddersfield kit. I wonder if he's been in their offensive attack, is we been in their attack or defensive line too. I've not seen anything in this game, mate, so I'm relying on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was at the game. It was out Ford of Wakefield a halftime. It was quite a dour, grinding tider fear and there wasn't a lot of open player. There was a lot of attacking player.
Speaker 1: Well robotic robotic you.
Speaker 2: Could maybe his analogy, but I'd say that Wakefield they went I'm trying to think. I think it was eighteen to four ahead with about twenty minutes to go, and the game looked over and then Hardersfield came back with two tries and two minutes. Pressure was on and it was all hardest Field at the end of wake He just held on at the end to win. So it was a strange game. And Darryl Paler said after his team looked nervous, you know, they looked nervous in round one, and that they appeared nervous in round two as well, So maybe that expectation of this year and how well they did last year's got to the team a little bit. But I think for the majority they were the better team. They defended well apart from a bit of patches, and Hardersfield are missing a lot of players, a lot of key players, basically their senior players, you know, the likes of Adam Swift and Adam Kluhn, and they full back Nile Levels and Joe Greenwood. But yeah, Hardersfield left it too late to really come around this one. It's going to be a hard season for Hardest for I think that this cast game is just looming now. Both teams really really need a victory, which is going to happen. But yeah, Wakefield Rugby relieved because they needed to get off the mark and I have done that, even if it wasn't the most convincing of performances.
Speaker 1: Lee's laugh also doubles as media watch this week, and it's a story that I think you tweeted as well about the rugby union player that ended up in hospital after falling in dog Pooh. Rugby player ends up in hospital after falling in dog pooh was the headline BBC on the twenty first of feb Adam Wang twenty eight two plays for tom Do RFC in Bridge End, said he did not realize a cut had become infected until he felt an unbearable pain in his arm following the game. He said it was a problem players shouldn't have to deal with and that the incident would always be on his mind after the infection spread and he had to spend more than twenty four hours in hospital. Well, Adam, sending our love and support to you. But it's funny that it's dog turd, So it made me think about such incidences in rugby league. And in eighteen o four when I was playing, we played against old Dockers when I was at Echols which is now Salford Roosters, and before the game they made us stand in a line both teams, so you know you're about to prepare to knock heads in the opposition, and they made us walk in army form sweeping format along the field to scoop up duck turd because there was a watery thing nearby where ducks existed, and there were copious amounts of ducks that had decided to do an ablution on that field and it was a regular thing before every game. Have you any sort stories, John from your rugby league history?
Speaker 2: Not dog pooh stories, but I know, well, at least when I lived in Barnsley, the amount of dog feces that were on walkways and whatever, it's clear that people don't want to pick it up. It's pretty. And then to be honest, when you look at the amount of rubbish that just is on parks and walkways in well, at least in Yorkshire, yeah, there's not a big attitude.
Speaker 1: Towards Another rugby league story I have when I played for British Students against France in nineteen forty two, we played at some ground as a warm up game. They gave us the wrong directions and this is the days well before GPS, so a five minute journey took us forty five minutes. And of course, what do you think many players want to do before a game in the hour before the game, they want to empty the bowels. I necessarily wasn't one of those, but I heard plenty of complaints as the boys went into the what was the lavatories and it was literally just a hole in the ground and therefore squatting quite significantly prior to a game is probably not the warm what you need to have, particularly if it's not quick. So that's Lee's laugh this week brief preview of next round Wigan play Lee Thursday. We've touched on that. I think that's a big game. We're going on fire. Lee probably need to win this week after a win loss pattern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also you're forgiving the last game that they met was in the semifinals before the Grand follow with the whole Derrek gate WhatsApp gate.
Speaker 1: To get John. I just didn't choose to mention it yet because yeah, I knew you'd be all over it.
Speaker 2: No, No, I just think it's interesting with the rivalry between those two clubs, So yeah, it should be a great game. They've had some some real ding down bottles those two clubs, and obviously they're so close. What is it five miles, ten miles or something, Lee do.
Speaker 1: What do fans say about Thursday night games that fans that go to games in England, most Yeah.
Speaker 2: They don't like it. I particularly don't like I mean, I guess Wiggan Lee is a perfect Thursday night game because if you live in either of those towns, it's very close by. But say Wigan, we're playing Whole on a Thursday night, it's a nightmare because it might take you to two and a half hours. You might get home till two in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know the other problem, John, people who love rugby league in Wiggan and Lee, a lot of them are involved in the game at amateur level and they're either a player, a coach or an administrator in the amateur game. And guess what nights amateur teams tend to train Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Speaker 2: Look, you never get you never can get a perfect time. Everyone's always but you need content and you need to spread your fixtures across. So Thursday night games are great for the TV viewer. That's yeah, that's my take on it. I'll be at home and it's lovely for every weather and enjoying it. On TV.
Speaker 1: Friday, Castleford versus Huddersfield we mentioned that I think there's probably the pick of the games this week if I'm honest, or certainly that and the Lee Wigan game and then who'll play York. I think all will fancy their chances in that one, and therefore they'll have a win lost win start to the season. Your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an interesting one obviously with a couple of injuries and you know, don't want a good performance have to being so bad against Wigan.
Speaker 1: On Saturday we have rugby league in Las Vegas, the Catalan region and the most glamorous, glamorous of all Warrington Warrington host Wakefield. Yeah, I mean that's a good game.
Speaker 2: Is a good game. I mean warranted have had the week off because obviously whole care I have been a World Cup chance, so they should be fitting ready to go, vastly rested. I thought they were good in a round one Warrington, so I'd be tipping them as a slight favorites in that one. Catlans Saint Helen's is an interesting game as well because Catlands were or but sirt Alan's are missing troops and.
Speaker 1: Then a cold game of the round too early. They're all good.
Speaker 2: Well, I think whole currently in Vegas is a great game. I'm just really annoying that the kickoff time in the UK is I think mid nine or twelve thirty at nine, yeah, compared to last year where the Wigan Warrington game kicked off I think at around nine thirty pm. And it've got huge TV ratings. This one I think will struggle because a lot of people will be asleep.
Speaker 1: And on Sunday Bradford host two wins. Olympeak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quite a fascinating one because the Lucive had a fantastic start. Bradford I've had a pretty good start obviously one win, one loss, but they were very very good in round one and to Luise have been playing at Bradford for well every season for about the last ten excepts the year they are in Superlue before, so they know how to play huttle history of that. So yeah, quite a fascinating one that one had to had to pick up.
Speaker 1: Would say, well, that'll do us for this week, john I keep an eye on Rugby League coach social media for analysis video about the other teams that I didn't cover last week in Super League. So therefore Huddersfield's defense, Catalan's defense, Saint Helen's lee and Leeds defense. Rugby League coach on all the social media platforms apart from X I'll call it X at RL coach on the net. If you want to talk or abuse Johnny.
Speaker 2: Don't, Yeah, maybe think again. Now you can get me on exit Johnny D David, so we can get me on Facebook, John over to Jonathan, get me on Patreon and sign up to.
Speaker 1: Your contact your contacts every week. Soon you'll be giving your address out. Oh take care of John, hang on, hang on. We a our instant reaction. So after the hooter this week, we're going to do Thursday night's game, So Friday morning in Australia Thursday night, which Thursday night is Wiggan and Lee World War Three.
Speaker 2: See you later,