Speaker 1: July fifth, Look July night Cap. Gary Jeff Walker speaking to you from the studios of seven hundred WLW, which are located in Kinwood, right outside Cincinnati, Ohio, which, of course is located in the greatest country on the face of the earth, the Ussay, the United States of America. God bless the USA. It's so great to be with you tonight on a special nightcap. Let me tell you what's coming up directly right after this break. Jerry Dale jd as he was called back in the music industry where he was very successful, but he found it very hollow and it wasn't fulfilling. The fame and the fortune weren't enough. Jerry Dale. We'll talk to you about his transition from the music industry to porn to finding God and Jesus. In fact, the book is called Music Porn in Jesus. We'll talk to him. Next, we'll talk to people from Veterans Companion Animal Services as they will join us to introduce the Cincinnati chapter of that charity organization for veterans and companion animals. It gon't be good. John Lott will be here to talk about illegal immigrants and the crimes they actually commit and what you may have understood about the rates of crime among illegals and what the conceptions are. The rates of crime among illegals is actually higher than people like the Cato Institute and others will admit. So John Lott will be joining us next hour, and John Gordon, who has a show of his own called The Truth About John Gordon and speaking of John's mighty John Marsha. We'll be manning the Moneymusic dot Com list tonight at eleven o'clock or just a tadbit after, so let's get it started. Jerrydale and his story of redemption coming up next on a holiday weekend nightcap. Great to have you here. We are Saturday night, the fifth of July, and I figured one of the ways we could send this weekend out with the bang is to talk about the most important thing that many of us ignore or just I don't know. I don't know why we don't pay more attention to the Alpha and Omega and the God that created us all But tonight in this segment, we're talking to Jerry Dale. And if you're not familiar with Jerrydale, he was a big time in the music industry, worked with artists like Will Smith, and Snoop Dogg. And in twenty fifteen, something turned, something changed, and what changed was Jerry Dale. And we're going to talk about that as much in depth as he wants to get into tonight. Is it kind of a witness to Jesus Christ and to talk about where he was before and where he is now. He has a new book called Music, Porn and Jesus And no, that's not the name of a band. That is the name of the memoir of Jerry Tale, who reached the heights of the music industry, working with the legends, only to find himself trapped on the dark side. And many of us, including myself, have been there. Jerry, welcome to the show. It's great to have you on this special nightcap program.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So twenty fifteen. I've got to ask you first what had happened prior to that. You had had incredible success in the music industry and it led you into the adult entertainment business, and suddenly the fame was more fleeting that you thought, and the rewards were not what you hoped they would be. After living a little bit of the high life, what what happens at that point, Was there a signature moment, Jerry that you can tell us without giving away the book for people.
Speaker 2: No, there wasn't. There wasn't really a signature moment that that happened.
Speaker 3: It was really it was over time.
Speaker 2: It just it was God was nudging me, and you'll see it in the book where he was nudging me and calling me, and I was just kind of just rebelling against it, just not answering the call. I mean, even so in twenty fifteen when it was was one of those times when my life changed and I gave my life to Christ. But then you know, as an old scripture where they backslid and and I backslid even a twenty even right even after that, I would like to say that that was it, but it wasn't. And I didn't get back into the music or the adult but I just wasn't wasn't all the way right with God. I was still living in sin and I was just doing I wasn't doing that, but I was just doing different things. I was consulting with other businesses. And then it became about again in twenty twenty one, and in twenty twenty one and Decembar twenty twenty one is where I would I would say, really it was. It was solid. From there on, my life has been nothing but living for Christ since then, right, No more back and forth.
Speaker 1: Boy, that parallels a lot of what I've been through in my life, Jerry. So, I appreciate the fact and God works on his own time. He doesn't work on hours. And I know people that have had just I mean instantaneous magical transformation, spiritual transformation in a moment and they never look back. And then there are people like you and like me who've been shown the truth and been nudged by God and still weren't ready to answer the call all the way. So yeah, I get that. Now I've got to ask you though about your life prior. What was it like being around people like Will Smith and Snoop Dogg. I mean, it was probably great at the time, right, it.
Speaker 3: Was so so.
Speaker 2: I was in the music industry during the nineties, and so to me that was one of the greatest eras of music, even though I do like the eighties and seventies music. But anyway, you know, those are two different people at two different at two different lifestyles, two different times of life. Right when you're looking at it. Will Smith back then he was more. And most of these artists this is in the nineties is when they were coming up, they were they weren't as big as they are now. They were still dropping their first and second records, and so Will was more. I would say, find a conservative like Snoop was a little different. He was, he was fine, but you know, Snoop was a guy. He was he was smoking marijuana and I was smoking with me, you know what I'm saying. So it was one of those things where you know, it was a different, two different types of relationships, but genuinely in terms of working with them, uh, they were just they were good people to work with.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: As I recall the nineties, and I'm willing to confess it now because most people know some of my story anyway, Uh, the nineties was not only pot but also rife with cocaine, and uh, well, I tell you what, that is a nowhere drug, for sure, it is, sure it is. How do you find faith and redemption in all of this culture? I mean, how does that happen? Because I found it in my own life, Jerry, that God just won't leave me alone. I could tell really that God wants me.
Speaker 2: So I'll tell you that's how you find it. That's how you find it in any culture, and especially especially in in the in the music industry and in the adult industry, you know, because those are some dark industries, and God has to call you. God has to pull you out of those industries because you know, I'm grateful that he didn't let me. Always say, he kept me anchored right, so I didn't go so I didn't go too far into the water, right, I didn't get too deep into it. I mean I was in it, but mentally, I said, he kept me with my right mind. He kept me where. You know, there were situations where sometimes I would be walking into a venue or a club that was one way in and one way out, you know. And it's situations where there was you know, there was sometimes there was a shootout, there was I mean, there's just different things. And I look back under seeing how you know, God kind of had it. He just had his hand over me. And and I'm grateful, and I there's times I wish I had answered the call earlier, not waited so late. But I am grateful that he that he found redemption and I finally answered the call.
Speaker 1: What's wild to me is how God saves you before you're even saved. And I think that's kind of what you're referring to.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, For.
Speaker 1: Anybody listening who thinks that they're just too far gone or they could never get to that point where they're ready to turn their life over to Christ, the power of second chances is immeasurably important for all of us.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, yes, yes, yes, No one, no one.
Speaker 1: No one's beyond the reach, is what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, not at all. No one's beyond the reach as well, as long as you're breathing now. Once you whatever, whatever whatever state you're in when you die determines I mean, where you're going to go. If you die without answering the call, you will go to hell. And if you answer the call before you die, you will go to heaven. So you you have a choice, you know, and and it's it's and God will call you, and he will He will save you from whatever you're in, whatever you're going through, whether it's whether it's pornography, whether it's you know, being you've already sold your soul in in the in the music industry. I mean, God, God can still call you out of that. He can still bring you out of that.
Speaker 3: I have I have.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a quick story. I have a friend that about three years ago. She she's a friend now, well, I was trying to uh date her and we we just we bumped heads because she was getting into like crystals and tear of cards and and shaman and all of that kind of stuff. And I was like, totally, I'm God right, I'm like, I'm we don't do that. So we bumped heads completely, right, And so we never did date. And I'll tell you last week she reached out to me and she was like, I know you probably don't want to talk to me, but I've changed. My life has changed. God has saved me. God has called me here, redeemed me. And it was it was so good to hear just that she got out of all of that and she was so deep into it, and she she talked about being delivered from demons and having those things that she had opened the door. She realized that she had opened the doors to those things when she was doing the crystals and all that, all that all that stuff that goes along with it, and so it's just it's one of those things that's just.
Speaker 3: Good to hear.
Speaker 2: Right, it's good to see and it's good to see that God redeemed her and she was I mean she was in the mix with Satan. I mean, like I mean we all are, but you know what I'm saying, Like she was in the mix with Satan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she she wasn't just being led us Gray, she was like volunteering.
Speaker 2: Right right right right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you how do you handle or how did you handle pushback from people who didn't understand what had happened in your life, your transformation?
Speaker 3: What do you what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like you know, yes, in terms of.
Speaker 1: How do I mean, how do you deal with people who saw Jerry Dale, uh, three weeks ago and see him now and go Jerry, what's going on? What's up?
Speaker 2: It's just it's just that conversation of God, God saved me. God God.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The thing is is most people are Christian by default, right, So unless you're unless you're Muslim, Hindu, or you know, claiming other religion, then you automatic you say you're Christian. So then for someone to like me to become Christian and back then, even if you had asked me, I would have said I was a Christian, but I wasn't living like a Christian. So I'm saying that to say that there are people who already see that. So when they see the real change in me, those that those that, those that knew me back then, when they see the real change in me, they they're genuinely happy for me. I haven't had any anyone at least on the surface or in my or you know, face to face or on a call or anything like that, where you could tell like they were not happy for me, because I think, and I think some of that comes from everybody thinks they're state or they think they're Christian, anyway they see they're not.
Speaker 1: But right, what what inspired you to turn this journey into a book?
Speaker 2: There was several things. One one was I didn't want to. I was starting to forget some things and I didn't want to do that. And then two, I think it was just God to just put it on my heart to be able to put it out there and put my story. Because I lived when I was in those times, I lived two different lives.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It was like I was JD when I was in the in the entertainment stuff, and I was Jerry at home because I would go. I still took my kids to my wife and kids to church when I was married. I was married twice. But when I was married, you know, we still went to church. We still you know, I still claim Jesus, I still claim to be a Christian. But yet I was still out here justifying it and I'm doing I'm in the adult business. I'm in that. So it was one of those things where I was so private on sore. It's people who knew me from just the entertainment, and there's people who knew me from just the church or christian or Christianity, and so it was. It was one of those things where it's like I felt like God was like, you know what, you need to tell your story and you need to tell the redemption, and you need to tell how I saved you from this and let people know that way you can you can lead people or guide someone so that they know they're struggling with it, that they know that they're that I can save them too. And it's just kind of you know, it's just the waal I kept feeling. I kept feeling it, and this was this was years. It took me years to actually write the book, right. It took me a year or two write it, but it took me years to be like, Okay, let me go ahead and do it well.
Speaker 1: And in the book by the Way again a music Born in Jesus, just one of the wildest titles I've ever heard of, By the way, how has your understanding of what successes and fulfillment changed?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What do you consider being successful now?
Speaker 3: Jerry?
Speaker 2: Being able to do with being able to live and do what God has calling me to do for me, That's what success is. You know, before I was chasing money and it's just kind of living, living in the world, and you know, and all the things I had, I mean, I've done a lot, had a lot, And then there became a time when you start to realize that the more money it just allows you to do the same thing more times or get bigger. Right Like I got a house, I'm good, but more money are allowed, I'll getting the point of get in a bigger house. And I didn't even stewart my money in a way to where I was putting God first, right like I wasn't doing things for the kingdom.
Speaker 3: And spreading it.
Speaker 2: Whereas now those things change and and God blesses me even more as I put things and I put my efforts towards the Kingdom versus at advancing the kingdom versus just advancing my own my own priorities or my own selfish ways.
Speaker 1: What what advice could you give to somebody who feels trapped in a lifestyle that they no longer want to live, that they understand it's a nowhere road. And I mean, what would Jerry Dale tell them? Anybody listening, you know, I would.
Speaker 2: I would just tell you to ask God to lead you to someone that will walk alongside you and help you come back to him, right, Because sometimes it's hard, just it's hard for us to to just go from that lifestyle that you're in that you don't want to be into just going to God, you know, I mean, God has to bring you out. But sometimes if you could have somebody walk alongside you, because you know, even with me, like I said in twenty fifteen, was one was one of those times when I changed my life, but then I fell back. But then when I when I really truly had someone in there back that can walk alongside me and be there with me and help me and help me be consistent with it with my walk, right, and so forth. I needed to be able to build up a new and new what's the word I'm looking. I mean, I need to build up a new routine, I guess, so to speak, and be able to read my Bible more builder and have community, have someone that was real. You know, I think having someone real in your life is always good. At having someone will who will help you, who will challenge you, and who will be there, and someone who will love you right just genuinely just love you unconditionally as God loves you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's that's absolutely, very very key and it's important. And you mentioned reading your Bible. This is the thing that people don't understand is that if you don't read your Bible on a regular basis, uh, and you're not you know, constantly in prayer, uh, you can get lost pretty quick. Because I mean the Bible is was it basic instruction before leaving Earth? Is it's been described.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard the same thing.
Speaker 2: But you know that's you know, you're you're still right, because that's what that's what that's why you need someone in your life that can be consistent on the walk with you because that right there, what you just said is is I would say is the key to be able to read your read descriptions and read your Bible consistently. Because I noticed, and I look back, I noticed that I would read my Bible a few days, and then when I would go some days without reading it, some days without prayer. It's like I've fallen off. I don't even realize it until until things get to a situation.
Speaker 3: Where, oh, now this happened.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what. I haven't been praying, I haven't been connected with God, I haven't been reading my Bible, and so I've been making these decisions that aren't aren't like I like I should like I should have made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you still doing something with your music?
Speaker 2: The only thing I do with music now, which is for me, is I wron It's funny interesting because I always thought I would be in the music industry, but I'm not. But God does allow me to enjoy music. But now I enjoy it by a ballroom dancing.
Speaker 1: Huh. That's great. That's not an answer I expected. That's wonderful. Listen, Jerry, I'm sorry we're running out of time tonight, but I really appreciate yours and thank you and inspiring story. No doubt for anybody who has questions or is it maybe a turning point. The book is Music, Porn and Jesus. The author is Jerry Dale and it's been my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Sir, Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You bet very special fifth of July Nightcap continues in moments. It is a special edition of the Nightcap here on seven hundred WLW. I've found out about this organization that we're featuring in this segment about a week and a half, two weeks ago. And when I found out that they weren't actually rolling out any information until the fourth of July last night, I said, well, I've got a show on July fifth. Let's that'd be the perfect thing. I didn't let the cat or the dog out of the bag too early that way. This is VCASS and we have the president and CEO of Vcast. He's based in Columbus. His name is Josh Doran. On the line and in studio Vickylessandra and Guy Volrath, who has been practicing his sexy radio voice for this interview. He said, I'm nervous. I said, don't be, and he just laughed. So Josh Dorn first and foremost, welcome to seven outter WLW on this Saturday night on fourth of July weekend, and if you would please give me a description of how this started and what VCAST is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, thank you for having us.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: VAST stands for Veteran Containing Animal Services and we're a five to one C three organization and we actually started back in twenty thirteen and I'm actually the current CEO, not the founder, but the founder was a veterinarian by trade, and she just followed the act that these dogs you know, have on their owners and their lives and the ability to you know, list spirits and just improve the mental health of a lot of these owners. And she also have a lot of family connection to the military, so she decided to kind of put the two together into a singular mission and then in twenty eighteen Decantmate its first placement. It just increased rescue dog placements from there. But to kind of give a full scope of the program here, we have about four individual programs for veterans and they're all free to the veteran, so no money comes out of their pocket. But the first is the dog placement program. So the gist of that is basically, the veteran comes to us and we learn a lot about their lifestyle and their needs, and then we have them fill out a survey that kind of shares what can and behaviors are looking at for a dog. Because we serve any veterans, so we have a lot of Vietnam era veterans, and we also serve a lot of you know, more recent Iraq and Afghanistian veterans. So you can see there's a wide spectrum of Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in other words, in other words, if somebody wanted an active dog and they're they're very physically active, you find a dog that's that's ready for the challenge and is ready to go. If somebody wants a lap dog, you'll find them a lap dog.
Speaker 3: I get it, Yes, all right, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we kind of we kind of look at it as sitting two puzzle pieces together. Yeah, but then we work through our sheltered partners to find that perfect dog. We present the dog. We never force the dog on a veteran. You know, they have the right of refusal to have the whole program. But if everything looks good, we'll actually take that dog from the shelter and put them in a foster home so the dog can kind of decompress, and it gives us the opportunity to really dig into that dog's behavior and temperament in a home environment versus the shelter environment. But then once we actually make the placement, we will come to the vasion's house, we'll bring the dog, have an initial set of supplies like you know, create betting bulls, and then for a whole year from that placement where you will continue to cover all the cops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Vicky. Vicky was telling me about this and I made them. I dragged them up to the studio, So I'm gonna let them kind of fill in the blanks too. Here Vicky, Lissandra is part of this local Cincinnati chapter of vcasts And how did how did you number one? Vicky? How did you find out about this?
Speaker 3: And?
Speaker 1: Uh, what sparked your interest in?
Speaker 7: Guy was my husband's best friend.
Speaker 8: Okay, my husband passed away a couple of years ago, and Guy came to me a couple of months back and said, let's do something in Vic's honor. What what were his passions? And they were veterans and animals and so and that was what Guy's passions were. And so we kind of decided this is this is our this is what we need to do. Uh looked up what kind of places already existed like this, So we weren't reinventing the wheel.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: Contacted Josh and he said, we've been talking about trying to expand we weren't quite ready, you know, thinking we weren't ready, but gosh, here's an opportunity.
Speaker 7: So we started talking with them.
Speaker 8: We laid out what we envisioned, they laid out what they envision and over the last three months we have put this all together and we're we're We've got the boots on the ground and we're ready to run with it.
Speaker 1: So guy, what, uh what was your inspiration? Just being being Vic's best friend and sure? So again is Vicky said, like passion has been. I love dogs, always hid rescue dogs. Up until recently he had four dogs. My father's a veteran, so I really care about veterans as well. Sure, I'm a psych nurse and also now I'm doing like substance treatment services. So over my years I've seen work with veterans with depression anxiety PTSD and so forth, and I believe it's really an underserved population. So again, when Vicky and I were talking about this. It was just like kind of a perfect marriage to to to help the veterans and to place dogs. I love dogs and especially shelter dogs.
Speaker 9: So again it was just I think something that Vicky and I decided, Okay, this is what we're going to do. And like Vicky did a lot of the leg work looking for the right program. We actually were going to go look at another program when we found d Kiss in Columbus and and Vicky reached out to Josh and Josh just kind of picked up and ran with it. And here we are today. We're just a week away from our.
Speaker 1: Our official launch, official launch. Yeah, Josh guy mentioned PTSD and depression and the like, but a veteran does not have to be have been diagnosed with any of those to be eligible for this program, right.
Speaker 6: Well, absolutely, I mean the heart of our program is you know, removing barriers and helping veterans. So when a veteran comes to us, you know, we don't ask about any kind of diagnosis, We don't require any kind of you know, financial levels to qualify for the program. As long as that veteran has served and they can have proof of service, then you know, we welcome in with open arms, all.
Speaker 1: Right, And Vicki you were telling me too that along with that one year window where VCAST provides, you know, everything that the veteran needs to take care of the dog, you also require the veterans to go through a seven week training course, correct.
Speaker 7: Right, right?
Speaker 8: So we, as Josh mentioned, the dogs come out of the shelters and they go into foster families just to decompress, so we can kind of really get a good look at their behavior and stuff. And once we deem that that's a good match for the veteran and the dog is then given to the veteran, the veteran has to agree to do a seven week, one hour week training program where they become the dog's own. The dog knows that he's there to serve the.
Speaker 1: Veteran, that he is their human. Yes, And you know what, I think anybody who's adopting a dog or getting a dog out of a shelter should, especially because they're like a box of chocolate cheese, know what you're gonna get? That's right, But there's also that factor of as much as the dog needs to be trained, the person needs to be.
Speaker 7: Trained, especially if they've not had a dog before.
Speaker 1: So whether you're a veteran or not, whether you're part of this program, you know, I would advise anybody who's getting a dog to find a good training course.
Speaker 8: And one thing that we do offer too is if you are a veteran and you have a dog and you did not get the dog through us, you still can go through our seven week free training program all that.
Speaker 7: So we offer that to any veteran, whether they've gotten the dog through us or not.
Speaker 1: I've been through a dog training program. They're not cheap, yeah, right, right, So how are you funding this? I know, Josh you mentioned it's a five oh one C three charity and are you working purely off of donations or grants or how's that work?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So we are primarily donor funded. We don't get any funding from either the said or state government. So really we just have an awesome group of supporters who are you know, passionate about the mission on both the you know, the rest of the dog side and the veteran side, and they've you know, generously given you money to support the mission and has grown it up to this point to where we can actually you know, launch the second chapter.
Speaker 1: How did you determine that this was a way to help veterans. And I've seen story after story. There are all kinds of charities out there that provide service animals or provide dogs just to come visit senior centers and the like and schools and kids that are troubled. What was the one thing that stood out? I know that right now in this country, I think the stat was unbelievably shocking where there were at one point twenty three veterans a day committing suicide in this country. Uh, guy, is that is that like one of the aims? So maybe helping in that way, so you would being a psych nurse, you you understand the power that a dog can bring to someone who's troubled.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, absolutely, And we just recently went to the gala up in Columbus and they had lots of veterans that came and spoke exactly to that, Like what a difference it's made since they have since they've gotten his dog. And it's one of those things that like, you know, they didn't they didn't save I didn't save them, They saved me sure, And just the power of of the match. You know, there's so many mental health and we see some mental health and just the power of having that loving animal with unconditional love that it makes of the veteran in any person, actually, anyone who struggles with depression, loneliness. A dog is so well plus plus there. The dogs are so reliant on a human being, you know, to be cared for, and it gives that person who's caring for that dog a sense of purpose, I would imagine, and that would be a big thing, right, what kind of what kind of dogs? Josh?
Speaker 1: You do you have any dogs of your own?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You actually have too.
Speaker 6: I have a little sixteen pounds loss of two and then a golden doodle. So yeah, my I'm you know, very passionate about this mission because when I got back from Afghanistan, I'm the vester of myself and it was it was a hard transition coming back home and you know kind of just said you're going through the motions, things seem to lose their meaning. You just kind of feel alone and isolate. And that's when I got Scrappy, the little Lassitude, And you know, he's kind of a mixed little guy and wasn't much to him, but you know, he was absolutely a lifeline that you know helped pull me back from the edge and you know get give me back to better days.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: Well you're you're more aware of this, more well aware of this than I am, since I've never been to Afghanistan in service or anywhere else where. You know, I possibly would have people shooting at me. But I know that this is a huge deal, the transition period that you're talking about for a lot of veterans, because it never was really talked about before, say, when World War Two ended and those veterans came home, a lot of them descended into alcoholism. H there weren't programs out there for them. Vietnam too, But we've become more aware of our veterans and their transitional issues, going from a foreign country where they're worried about being shot at or stepping on an ied to them just dealing with the traffic and crossing a street at a light. So I want to commend you for your service and now your service to those veterans in doing this with vcas. I think it's just marvelous. I'm all in on that and look forward to hearing updates on your progress, especially as the Cincinnati branch opens up. Now VICKI again, when is that going to happen? This is the fifth of July, so you have it. You handed me an invitation here for the eleventh.
Speaker 8: Right, we're having a launch party where we're gonna Josh will be down there talking to people, people who are potential donor people from some of the shelters that we will be working with. Some people from the VA will be at the launch party, and basically we're gonna talk to all of them about how we can partner with them. Okay, how veterans can get in touch with us to decide that, you know, they want a dog and go through the steps that it takes to end up with a dog that will be their companion for life.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to make a commitment myself personally to all three of you, is that whenever you have anything coming up, and I'll definitely plug this, especially on my Saturday morning show. I'm on Saturday Morning every week on seven hundred here from five point thirty to nine, and I'll just I'll make it my mission to let people know what's going on with vcast from this point forward and how they can help and about events that you're having. I noticed or Dirves guy, are are they going to be all milk bones.
Speaker 9: When you say that, because actually Vicky bought some dog bowls that we're going to have some snacks that in.
Speaker 1: But no, won't be all milk bones. So you'll have human orders.
Speaker 3: We will have.
Speaker 1: Human orders and human desserts.
Speaker 9: And you're even going to have a patriotic drink.
Speaker 10: A patriotic drink red white and blue, red white, blue colors in there you go to alcoholic and non alcoholic. But yeah, there will be something for everyone.
Speaker 1: Fireworks put on by the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 5: We're not.
Speaker 8: They just happened to be having a fireworks show.
Speaker 1: That you do the same thing at Italian Fest in Newport. Right, the fireworks are put on by the Cincinnati I wanted.
Speaker 8: To acknowledge we didn't put them on. They did, but okay, they haven't promoted that for us.
Speaker 1: Well, Josh, I'm going to have Vicky stay in touch via email and let everybody else know. This is seven to nine pm next Friday on July eleventh, and whar is this being held again?
Speaker 8: That's going to be at the Ascent. Okay, but people would to rs VP all right, our VKS email.
Speaker 11: And that email is again it should be on the bottom since I and C I at v charity charity dot org.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you you need to respond as quickly as possible. Thanks to Josh Dorin, Vickylessandra, and Guy Vollrath v cast opening up for veterans and for dogs here in Cincinnati next Friday night with the rollout party and very very soon those services rolling out to veterans here in the Tri state area. Thank you, Josh, thank you, Vicky, thank you, Guy, thank you, thank you, and and I look forward to you feeding me more information so I can let everybody know what's going on. All right. Special night Cap continues in moments on seven hundred WLW and Houra number two, a number of power on his Saturday Night on seven hundred WLWDJ Doves and John Lutt coming up in just a few minutes from the Crime Research Prevention Center in Washington, DC or just outside of Washington, d C. And also John Gordon. There was a survey done. You may have seen a Gallop poll just this past week that showed only thirty six percent of Democrats asked we're proud or extremely proud or proud at all of this country, which I just find mind blowing. If that's true. We'll discuss that and more as we continue a quick break and then on with things John Lott coming up netxt. It is a special nightcap here leading up to fourth July weekend. The holidays upon us and the crime is upon us, and we all was we always want to reach out to somebody like our next guest when we're talking about real crime stats and data as opposed to what is being fed by other media outlets or organizations like for example, CATO, which will be primary focus of our conversation night with doctor John Lott, who is the head of the Crime Prevention Research Center, and you can find them at Crimeresearch dot Org. I just did again so I know you can do it. And John Lott, welcome back to the show. It's been a while, but it's always great to have you on. You have great information and this recent editorial or op ed you posted in the Washington Times we want to focus on in this conversation tonight and that the headline from Crimeresearch dot Org is CATO again pushes false claim the illegal aliens commit crime at a low right rate based on survey data that ignores a lot of criminal illegals that never serve time in prisons or serve shortened sentences, and it requires those illegals to self identify as illegal aliens in this country. There has been a lot of progress, I believe, made in the first six months of President Trump's administration in coordination with the DHS and ICE, which are coming under constant attacks by people who apparently don't care that people who are not citizens of our country are coming into our country, first illegally and then committing heinous acts from murder to rape, to child abuse, to human trafficking to drug and sex trafficking. Doctor Lott, how are you.
Speaker 3: Doing great? Thanks having me, I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean it's quite a change. I mean, during the Buying administration, we had record percentage increases in violent crime.
Speaker 3: We only have the data.
Speaker 12: Through twenty twenty three, the first three years, but we had a fifty five percent increase in violent crime during his first three years, according to the Bureau of Justice statistics. And that's quite a contrast to comments recently made by Cashptel, the new director for the FBI, where he was saying that we're on track right now for the lowest murder rate ever in the United States, there's never been a murder rate. I mean, at least for the first five months. If it continues at this pace, we'll have the lowest murder rate ever recorded in US history. And I think there are multiple reasons for that. Law enforcement changes have made a difference, but I also think during the Biden administration we had this huge influx of illegal aliens that had occurred, and now under Trump, we're deporting criminal illegal aliens, ones who have committed crimes. But it's more than that, more than just taking away the criminals, it's also the ones who are who aren't being caught yet have an incentive to lie low because if they get caught now under Trump, they're going to get deported. And one way to keep themselves from not getting on police radar, because as soon as the police arrests them they'll be deported, is not to commit crimes right now. They'll help keep them off of police radar. So we've had this big change that are that's occurred there.
Speaker 1: Whether you're whether you're whether you are a a Dennis and or a supporter or believer of Milton Friedman, the famed economist, or not. He argued that open immigration only works if a country doesn't have a large welfare system. And boy, what do we have here in the United States? All kinds of things that are supposed to be safety nets that are actually welfare, a lot of free stuff that's not free given to other people, and those people from out of our country who are not citizens of the country. We also have this argument this past week, John about all these different states. There are twenty three states in our country that offer free in state tuition to people who are not citizens of this country. And a lot of people are not familiar with that. But back to the crime rates, how do they juice the crime rates? How do they escape detection? I notice from your web page here undocumented immigrants are often deported directly from prison before completing their sentences. So how does that affect the data?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 12: So, what Cato has used is something called the American Community Survey, which is a massive survey. They serve about three point five million people each year. They survey people who are in prison as well as people are outside of prison. They ask the individuals, are you an illegal alien? So they ask them to self identify for that voluntarily, and then they go and they say, well, there's a certain percentage of illegal aliens in prison according to the survey, and there's a certain percentage outside. And so they go and they see then whether illegal aliens are kind of over represented in prison compared to their share of the population. The problem is, I mean, you bring up one of the problems sits there. Let's say you have two criminals who committed robbery. They get caught both from face the same four year sentence, ones an illegal alien and ones an American citizen.
Speaker 3: Well, if they.
Speaker 12: Both serve out the whole four year sentence, you know you're likely to go and that could be a somewhat useful measure for their shares of the prison population. But what happens is is that illegals who are in prison will often be deported well before the end of their sentence. They may be deported after three months or maybe six months of the four years that they'd be serving there. And so what's going to happen is is that illegal aliens will be kind of underrepresented in the prison system as compared to their share of crimes being committed. And of course, and of course you have lots of illegal aliens who I mean, they're not supposed to be in the country to begin with, simply when they get arrested, before they get even go to trial though many times be deported, or even when they once they've been convicted, even before they get to prison, they'll be deported at that point. And so you have lots of these crimes committed by illegals that aren't going to show up in their share of the prison population. But the other big problem that you have is that we're relying on these people to voluntarily say that they're illegal.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 12: I know they're told they're not going to tell law enforcement that any of the answers that they give to these questions, but if you're in many states like California and New York and Illinois and many others, will never even ask. It's against state law to even ask the criminals whether they're illegals or not. And many states, even though they're allowed to, won't ask. And so the thing is, if illegal, you may assure them, we're not going to go and tell law enforcement. We're not going to go and tell the Feds that you're illegal. But if you have two people, an illegal outside of prison, illegal in prison, both of them may not want to own up to whether they're illegally in the country. So you imagine there's a little bit more of a risk for an illegal imprison to do that, at least in his mind, even if you even if you tell him you're not going to go and tell Ice about it, simply because he's easy to catch at that point and easy and he's obviously somebody who should be deported clearly if he has a criminal record. And so the illegals in prison may be slightly less willing than the illegals outside of prison to kind of.
Speaker 3: Own up to the fact that they're here illegally.
Speaker 1: Well, we've seen what happens in sanctuary cities and sanctuary states with the new crackdown on immigration in this country, right and just recent stuff had the last week had the primary in New York City for mayor, and Zoron Mandani, who simply came out of nowhere is talking about defunding the police or eliminating the New York City to Police department, or has in the past and has insisted on continuing that sanctuary status for illegals. You can only guess at what his motives are unless it's just political speak to try and reach that segment of our population that believes that no one should be illegal in this country. But if this happens, I mean, Eric Adams finally kind of saw the light and started again cracking down on crime in our biggest city. And Mandani wants to undo anything that Adams has done and send the Big Apple into what many people say will be a spiral that it may never recover from from the crime there that will ensue because of eliminated or defanged police departments. At your thoughts on any of that, right.
Speaker 12: Well, I mean, in the past, surely he's made comments saying that he wants to defund the police department. He's made comments about wanting to get rid of the prison system in the state. I don't know what, I guess just let people go all the time.
Speaker 3: You know, these.
Speaker 12: Discussions aren't rocket science. If you want to reduce crime, you have to make it riskier for criminals to go and commit crime. Higher rest rates, higher conviction rates, longer prison sentences all matter in terms of deterring crime. Also letting individuals defend themselves. He also wants to ban all guns. So if you make it so it's not risky, either through law enforcement or in terms of people being able to go and defend themselves. You know, it seems like a recipe for more crime. You know, you have these sanctuary cities and states which serve as magnets for illegals to go there because they believe that they'll be safer. Obviously it would be less likely to be deported. You know, if we have like twenty one million illegals who came in during the Biden administration, you're talking about the equivalent of essentially thirty congressional districts. And you can understand why. I mean, that's a big difference. Could you imagine if you had anything close to, you know, thirty more seats for Democrats in Congress. You know what difference that that makes. Could you imagine how much easier it would be to get the reconciliation bill through and get cuts if rather than you know, a three seat majority, they had a thirty three seat majority for the Republicans.
Speaker 3: That were there. So you know why they why.
Speaker 12: You know, because you look at this and you say, okay, even if you want to keep illegals, why do you want to keep these guys who are child rapists or murders or others that are there. Why do you just release them back into society, uh, you know, and hope maybe they show up for a court dat at some later time. When they won't show up, Why do you want to have these people around?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, the census.
Speaker 12: Counts illegals for congressional redistricting and for government money, federal government money, just as much as if they were a US citizen.
Speaker 3: So that's maybe one.
Speaker 12: Thing that's going on and maybe helps explain why people like himself have the views that they do on with regard to illegal aliens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the crime thing just baffles me. As you said, it's not rocket science to figure out if you fang or get rid of the police, and then you don't have prisons, and then you don't have the right and the ability to defend yourself, guess what's going to happen. President Trump was roundly mocked when he first started talking about illegals in this country for insisting that other countries or these foreign nationals, they weren't bringing the best and the brightest into here, and they were bringing people who were released from prison. And we know that happened in places like Venezuela and other places from around the world. Where these people came in unvetted during the Biden administration.
Speaker 3: We know that the administration advented. Yeah, you know about last September.
Speaker 12: Finally, after many reputed requests from Congress, ICE came out and said, look, of the seven point four million so called non detained individuals that they had released into the country, uh, six and sixty three thousand of them had criminal records. Yes, and that's clearly an underestimate. I mean you mentioned Venezuela for example. Venezuela would not go and provide information on the criminal backgrounds for their citizens who were legal aliens in the country, and there's a number of other countries that would not provide that information. So we have no idea about a lot of those. Also, the seven point four million so called non detained individuals who were released into the country, these were virtually all individuals who voluntarily turned themselves in at the border.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 12: You know, it's bad enough that you have six hundred and sixty three thousand of them that we've identified as criminals, But the ones who are most likely to be problematic are the ones who didn't turn themselves in at the border, who were willing to pass up the twenty five hundred dollars you know, debit card that they were given, prepaid debit card that they were given the Biden administration, and all the other benefits that they were getting.
Speaker 3: You know, the over two millions.
Speaker 12: So called guideaways that we saw coming across but we didn't catch, or the many millions more that we never even saw coming across the border, because you know, seventy six percent of the border agents were pulled off of guarding the border and instead were being used to process the flood of illegals, or the fact that about a third of the passive monitoring equipment, the cameras and other things were broken during the Biden administration. They had not spent effort to go and try to fix them. So there are large portions of the border that we had no eyes on it. Also, we have no idea how many more. But those are the ones. Those are the ones who didn't voluntarily turn themselves in in order to get the benefits from voluntarily turning themselves in, who presumably had by far the worst criminal records.
Speaker 1: We are seeing a lot of voluntary self deportations since President Trump has taken office, and just real quickly with about a minute left, John Lott, what are any comments on Alligator Alcatraz, which is opening this week in Florida. We need more detention beds so they can have their due process before they're sent back to their home countries or a third country as a Supreme Court denoted as the Trump administration and ICE continue to go after the worst of the worst of those illegals. Any comments on Alligator Alcatraz.
Speaker 12: Well, as you said, we have to have someplace in order to put them. You know, they had this large area that had been an airfield in the Everglades, and you know it's relative and the state of Florida has gone and as DeSantis seems to be a great manager and able to do, was able to set that up for the federal government at you know, quickly and relatively low cost. So I mean the fact that they're letting the federal government go and use that is you know, save taxpayers money.
Speaker 1: Yep, absolutely, John Lott from the Crime Prevention Research Center crimeresearch dot org, if you would like to find out more, and I certainly appreciate your time tonight, Doctor.
Speaker 12: Low, Well, thank you, thank you for being there.
Speaker 1: You bet you all was am until they tell me not to show up again. We continue with this special Fourth of July weekend nightcap in just a few hang on. It is a special edition holiday week get fourth of July Red White, and Blue Spectacular. Here a special nightcap on seven hundred WLW as we continue this evening. I saw this pull out earlier this week, and I thought, who better to talk to you about this than John Gordon, the host of The Truth with John Gordon, a syndicated radio program, and also a guy who was an endorsed candidate by President Trump for a Georgia Attorney general back in twenty twenty two. You never know what his political ambitions are. He'll break some big news tonight on the show. Maybe you won't. I don't know either way, John Gordon, It's great to have you on the show again. It's been a while, but happy Fourth of July weekend man.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm saying to you and your listeners. You know I went to Ohio Wesleyan to undergraduate school, and I used to listen to WLW, and it is an iconic station covering the Midwest.
Speaker 3: It's clear channel, isn't I Yes?
Speaker 1: Owned by iHeartMedia, which, oddly enough, it used to be owned by a company called Clear Channel, but a matter of fact, technically power wise, it was one of the first Clear Channel AM stations in the country.
Speaker 5: Starting back exactly, I was referring to the wattage, not the owner.
Speaker 1: Show right exactly. No, I knew what you were going for. Yeah, And there were issues. Originally it was at seven ten back in the thirties, and they when it went to fifty thousand wants they had to move it for another station somewhere it was interfering with, and they put it at seven hundred. And there was nobody else within earshot of the contiguous forty eight anyway that was operating at seven hundred kilocycles, So we had it to ourselves and the station still tonight as an example, especially after sundown tonight, we could be heard possibly in thirty eight states and in Puerto Rico at points depending on the atmospheric conditions, which is just wild considering urinecensei naty Ohio being heard in Puerto Rico and for a number of years in the nineteen thirties prior to World War Two, the station was authorized at five hundred thousand watts, which meant that people near the tower were picking it up in their milk jugs and on their teeth, on their fillings, and on wrought iron fences and in their toilets, and halfway around the world. Seven hundred WLW was reaching out from America to Europe and foreign countries, which is pretty amazing for a station that's not a short wave station. So yeah, I never lose track of the site of the thought, John, that I am on one of the biggest landmark AM radio stations ever to exist in this country.
Speaker 5: And well, that is a true statement. What an honor and to you, and what a privilege for you to be able to hold the all the place on that iconic station.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an awful responsibility and I don't know if my shoulders can always handle that load, but we do fine. We do the best we can with what we got. So it's fourth of July. The countdown has begun, John Gordon, to America's two hundred and fiftieth year of existence. You know that the clock is running now and next July fourth, twenty twenty six, I'm expecting an incredible celebration, especially with this particular president in office. There are people who aren't expecting very much. In fact, there are people in this country right now who didn't want to celebrate this weekend, who didn't want to shoot off fireworks, who didn't want to be a part of this great experiment as a constitutional republic, and many of those people identify themselves as Democrats. There was a Gallup poll out earlier this week, and I know you saw it. That's why we're talking tonight. Primarily, this said only thirty six percent of Democrats were either very proud or somewhat proud of their country only thirty six percent, so just over one in three. And the difference between people who registered or identified as Democrats and those who were Republicans there was a fifty six point swath in between. And I don't know. I don't know if that just doesn't bode well for the country, which I think it's harmful for American patriotic pride and the like, especially on a weekend like this, but I think it says more about the state and the mindset of people who identify as Democrats. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that if you look at the challenges that we've had at the southern border, this is to me, you know, the glass is either half full or it is half empty.
Speaker 5: To me, I internalize that, Gosh, they're an awful lot of people who want to live here. There must be a compelling reason, and it has been a social experiment that started two hundred and fifty years ago that has survived the test of time, and it is grounded on having freedom. Freed of your choice of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of association. Freedoms of other countries do not afford their citizens. So why anyone would want to live here and be critical of America as a nation is bewildering to me, and I.
Speaker 13: Get the sense that it is a reflection of just a general lack oftitude. I get down on my hands and knees every day and I thank God for the family that I have, the family my parents, and the country that I've had the fortune to good.
Speaker 5: Fortune to live in amen for seventy two years now, all the opportunity that it has afforded me. So it is not a perfect place. There is work that remains to be done, but we have come.
Speaker 3: So far well since I was a child.
Speaker 1: I mean, you talk about standing the test of time. In the trials and tribulations, we had a civil war that split the country in half, pitting brother against brother at some point, and we're able to come back together and keep this grand experiment in human government going. But the fact that here it's got to be something to do with just the anti Trump sentiment that's out there and prevalent among Democrats or people who identify as Democrats, because during Joe Biden's administration, with all the frailties of that administration, with all of the harm that it caused, with the open unvetted border, with the inflation, with everything else, with a commander in chief who were learning more and more every day, simply wasn't there. He was just a puppet for powers unknown. And still at that point during the Biden administration, eighty five percent of Republicans still identified as being very proud or proud of this country eighty five percent during the Biden administration. And I think it says a great deal about the other party because just because they're they're their banner keeper, isn't the head of the country as and just because they're in the minority right now in Congress, they're not proud of the country. What did Michelle Obama famously say she was never proud of America until her husband became president. That is a Democrat mindset, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know that it reflects entirely the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 5: I frequently say that I think the fringe elements of each party do great harm to us as a country because they're loud, they're vocal, and they're extreme. And the Republicans have an element in our party of that as well.
Speaker 3: And so I think that, you know.
Speaker 5: I'm a salesman. I'm optimistic, encourage people to be happy and joyful, and I think the country could be live up to those aspirations if we just all agreed that we're going to love our country, as imperfect as it may be from time to time. And I think that's the way to most effectively create change. You know, Polarizing people's accomplishes very little other than maybe furthering the political ambitions of the people.
Speaker 3: That try to do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think that I think that's very sad. As much as I dislike him, I feel sorry for them that that's their their their mindset, state, the state of mind, because for one thing, it's not going to work. I mean, you can try it, and it can be effective. You can get a platform and notoriety for it, but long term it is not going to work. Good always triumphs over evil. And that's my perception.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, No, I concur with you absolutely. I just see I see constantly the divisions of the violence that uh that one side has met with the other. I don't see a whole lot of right wing fringe people setting cars on fire or storming federal buildings because they disagree with a policy. I see more people who again identify as Democrats, whether they are you know, representative of the majority of that party. I see them putting putting law enforcement at risk. I see them starting these protests that are not mostly peaceful. I don't see a whole lot of that on the right.
Speaker 5: And and well, no, there's I don't I don't see.
Speaker 3: Any of it on the right. I agree with you.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not comparing the bad people on the left right to the whacked people on the right. I'm just saying that, you know, that's the difference. And and there's a small number of people that are are are crazed on the right. Yes, I think ir relatively small number of people who would want who would be willing to commit violence on the left, and so I just think it's good to keep it somewhat in perspective as we look at these things. But the rallying cry has always been, virtually my entire life has been love of God.
Speaker 3: Family and country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I just don't see.
Speaker 3: A problem with that value system. I really don't.
Speaker 5: And your family is never perfect, your country is not going to be perfect.
Speaker 3: The only perfect in.
Speaker 5: The in the creation was God, the Savior and his son who came here.
Speaker 3: Two thousand years ago to save us from our sin.
Speaker 1: I always say, John Gordon, there are only two constants in this life. One is God and one has change. And the difference between the two is that God never changes. He is steadfast, He always loves us all no matter how we intentify politically. I don't think he really cares much about that. And you're right, love of God, family and country is foremost in a large majority of Americans minds. But this poll of about thirty six only thirty six percent of Democrats are proud or somewhat proud of this great country is kind of telling of the times. For one reason or another.
Speaker 5: That is, that is a staggering number. And I just don't get it. I hope that's not what's in their heart. I hope it is some sort of a reaction to the politics of the day that they that's how they internalize it.
Speaker 3: But you just can't stop.
Speaker 1: Loving the country that you live in.
Speaker 5: And if that's really the case, find someplace else to live. Amen, How would you remake the greatest country on earth? If you were king for a day and you had that mindset, what would you change about it?
Speaker 3: I mean the amazing thing to me.
Speaker 5: And I had a lunch with the head of an organization called fire. I wish I could remember what the acronym stands for, but it's basically a five oh one C three that defends freedom of speech.
Speaker 1: And my.
Speaker 5: Statement to him was that if you accept the premise that oxygen is.
Speaker 3: The breath of life, I think you've.
Speaker 5: Got to accept the premise that freedom of speech is the breath of democracy. So why would anyone in their right mind ever want to deprive someone else of their freedom of speech? Because the natural following is that you're going.
Speaker 3: To lose your freedom of speech. Sure it is, and so it works both ways.
Speaker 5: And a lot of these policies are just insanity and communism has never worked. You can't find a place on earth that it has worked. And even countries that profess to be communists strictly adhere to communist doctor doctrine by their words, like the CCP are.
Speaker 3: Moving to a capitalist state.
Speaker 5: The young people in China are tremendously disaffected and do not like Chairman She, and Chairman She has lost the confidence of his military. There is a supposition that he may be on his way out, if he's not already. And I think that it will be a good thing that we'll find a more moderate form of leadership that will want to have allowed China to live in a global society, because they sure as I aren't doing it, can't do it under the pretenses that they're currently operating.
Speaker 1: Well as you, as you just so eloquently mentioned, is President She the problem or is communism the problem? The problem is communism and the CCP uh. And it would be probably even more helpful if there was no such thing as a Chinese Communist Party or it ceased to exist anymore, and they could find some other form of government.
Speaker 3: I could not agree more.
Speaker 5: And I think that there's a big faction, a growing faction in China that feels the same way.
Speaker 3: And you know, we look at.
Speaker 5: Things that happened in this country and we become very alarmed. And President Trump really helped shape my thinking on this just this past weekend when he interviewed with Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 5: But she was talking about the bad things that China does in this country, and I, Maria Bartiomo and I are perfectly aligned. And as she was ticking them off, I was like, uh huh uh huh, Amen, you tell it, sister, yes, right, And then President Trump looked at her and he said, from Maria, you don't think we're not doing those things in China, And it really gave me pause. And when you think about the American the amount of American influence in China, it has got to be overwhelming to the communist hard liners because we got Delta Airlines in Coca Cola and Tesla and JP Morgan Chase and just keep going down the line of these iconic companies that are engaged in capitalism inside of China. Now, they got to play by the CCP's rules, but it has to have a profound influence on the trajectory, long term trajectory of that country and where they end up.
Speaker 1: Well, So from your from your lips, John Gordon, to God's ears and to the ears of anybody who believes in freedom. I got to close out. Unfortunately, I enjoyed our time. I wish it was longer. But Happy Birthday America, from one American to another. And you know what, no matter what else anybody else thinks or feels or doesn't feel about this country, you and I agree that it's a fantastic place to live, and we're so proud and glad that we were born here.
Speaker 5: Work to make it better. Fight appropriately, yeah, to keep our freedoms and make it better. But don't hate on the country than where you live and who have given you all the opportunities and freedoms that we all enjoy today.
Speaker 1: You can hear more John Gordon on the Truth with John Gordon on radio stations all across the country. Thank you, John, take care.
Speaker 12: My pleasure, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Happy four, Happy fourth, Mighty John Marshall coming up to close us out. Fixed