Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was going to play this thing, but it didn't work. Let me try it again.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know this was j V Thursday.
Speaker 2: Well, this is my impression of the Yankees in the fifth inning. Here's the one two pitch from Bueler.
Speaker 4: You start the.
Speaker 5: Party Los Angeles singing of the Scott up Flings.
Speaker 2: Held series with the world SERI flin play and the Dodgers shut out the World Series champion.
Speaker 3: I sinished the.
Speaker 2: Job and give motus with the parade. It had been wating for a storm out of the.
Speaker 5: Dugout third day side and love Walker Buehler the cat Walker eighth World Championship with a comeback for the ages from the down five to nothing, so word at seven and six.
Speaker 2: I love I love, love love this idea of bringing back a starting pitcher to close out.
Speaker 3: Okay, so game, Like, yeah, I did too.
Speaker 1: So last night my husband's a huge Dodger fan, and he's like, they go down you know, three and an' five nothing. He's like, you know, you can put something else on I'm like, what else would I put on?
Speaker 3: We're watching the game.
Speaker 1: He's like, just turn it off, just turn it off, and I'm like, we're not turning it off. So he just sat there fuming and he's doing stuff around. He's like pretending like he's not paying attention. And then late in the game, I'm like, they're going to bring in Walk or Bueller and he's like, no, they're not, No, they're not. Then then he's done. Then then they're ruining him for the next game. I'm like, they're playing for this game.
Speaker 2: Did you see coming in? Dave Sa tweeted that Bueler left the dugout to go to the bullpen. I was like, uh yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like as soon as I saw him there, I was like yes.
Speaker 2: My wife said similar. She's like, I said something about she said, do they if they lose, do they play again? Or you know, when's the next game basically, and I said, well, it would be Friday night back here in LA. And she says, do they want to win in La? I said, they don't care where they win. They want to win, that's it. They want to win as soon as possible. And so she's like, well, I guess well they're going to play Friday, because it was five nothing at that point. I was like, well, I don't you know, you can't count out this team, Like you got to sit there and watch it. And I had the sound really low. She's sitting there reading, she's not going to I mean, she thinks. It's My favorite part is she thinks the sound of a baseball game is very calm. It is. It is very calming, but not if you're watching. I mean, if it's in the background or you're not paying attention to it, yes, it can be calming. But if you're watching it and you see what happened to the Yankees, it's not calming. It is not It is not a calming presence in the room.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I picked up my book in that when they are down five to nothing, I pick up my book and I'm like, I don't even remember what's going on in this book.
Speaker 3: And I'm flipping back and I'm like, who's that character? Who's that I.
Speaker 1: Realize I haven't read my book throughout the whole playoffs, Like I don't have the tension span for a hunt in sixty two games. I had the tension span for like twelve to fifteen games, like, I give me an NFL MLB season, okay, And so.
Speaker 3: I've been watching the playoffs throughout.
Speaker 1: I haven't picked up this book in like ten games, fifteen games.
Speaker 2: The fifth inning was an absolute unbelievable mess for the Yankees. Now, Garrett call the picture for the Yankees was doing great. He was cruising.
Speaker 1: Killing it, held them hitless until he decided not to cover first.
Speaker 2: Well, there were things that happened before that. But Aaron Judge drops a ball.
Speaker 1: That was the pivotal moment. I think that's when the tide turned.
Speaker 2: Well that if you're on the field and a guy like that is solid defensively, he's already made a great play earlier in the game, blows that easy bat ball.
Speaker 3: Is bat had finally come alive.
Speaker 2: It hits a home run like it was. You see that guy, and you're like, wait a minute, maybe this isn't real, Maybe maybe we're not what's you know, the the comeback kings. And then Anthony Volpi spikes a ball towards third hard play but it's the right play and he can't do it. Jazz Chisholm can't pick it up. And then you've got this bassis loaded and the ball goes to first baseman Anthony Rizzo, and Garrett Cole doesn't do anything. He couldn't.
Speaker 3: You got to cover first.
Speaker 2: You cover first on any ball to that side of the infield side Rizzo nobody first.
Speaker 5: Incredible, but defense from the Yankee.
Speaker 3: My husband was like, the cover first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And now they were talking about it after the game and just trying to describe, like, well, why wouldn't he, I mean, he knows this. Do you practice it in spring training? Pfps pitchers fielding their positions. It's you do it all the time for this kind of an occasion. And they said, the only thing they can think of is, you know, he'd only thrown I think thirty or forty pitches up to that time, but he threw something like thirty pitches in that so he's gassed by that point.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. It's a World Series, it's an elimination game. It doesn't matter how gast you are. The Dodgers have landed at Lax with the World Series Championship trophy carried by Walker Bueller. Of course, it was unanimous that Freddie Freeman would be the MVP after a record setting for home runs in the first four games. They are going to get on the buses. They will have a police escort to Dodger Stadium. They flew there and back on the Patriots plane, and I'm like, why would they take the Patriots plane. No, they have their own plane, Yes they do. The Patriots plane is roomier. And you got to believe the Patriots love seeing the team that beat the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Well, it's nice to have New York champions back in that plane. For a while.
Speaker 1: It's been a Yeah, it's been a dark time, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: Of course, everybody lost their flipping minds last night. What better way to celebrate the Dodgers' eighth World Series championship than getting some free kicks from the old Nike store downtown.
Speaker 1: Also, what are we going to set on fire? We still have that lighter, that torch lighter in the office. I want to set something on fire. Do we have a bus, We don't have a bush. There is a cyber truck down in the parking garage. I don't want to set the cyber truck on fire.
Speaker 2: That would just burn for days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds awful. We'd be stuck.
Speaker 2: Here, that's true. They wouldn't let us leave Probably a couple of things. We are since it is Halloween. Also, we would love to hear your creepy stories. Yeah, but here's the key. It's got to be within thirty seconds. That's how long the talkback messages are. It's thirty seconds. So can you tell a creepy story, a thriller, a horror something like that. But can you tell a creepy story in thirty seconds or least?
Speaker 1: And I already know what you're all gonna do, what you're thinking of, and don't do it, because we're not going to play any politics.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's like, Oh, here's a scary story, Kamala Harris as president.
Speaker 2: Here's another one, Donald Trump over the world. Listen, we're not in the market for that. There's enough of that stuff going on. We don't need any of that. So give us a good horror story. If you're under the age of eighteen, mind your manners. But it would be funny to hear kids do horror stories. Oh, it would be wonderful to hear from the children. So just use a talkback feature on that iHeart app. Just hit that little button and leave us a message. For Halloween. We'll get into our horror stories a little bit later. We have more to tell you about what's going on on Friday, specifically for the Dodgers victory parade and the celebration that they're doing. It's a ticketed event, they're saying. At Dodger Stadium. After the parade, there are telling people don't do both one or the other, and public transportation would be a good idea, is what they're saying. So any we'll talk more about that, we'll get into garbage Force one, we'll get into all of that stuff. Still coming up. An unusual article that I saw in the La Times today. I think I thought I'd never see the pitfalls of having a democratic supermajority in the state legislature.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I've also whittled down and crystallized my thought on why Donald Trump's gonna win the selection.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, you're gonna do it today? Are you gonna wait until now?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it next?
Speaker 6: Okay, good morning, it's a Dodgers blue morning. Don't ever ever anybody tell me again that baseball is boring.
Speaker 2: I was on the edge of my seat biting every single finger noll that I had and my god, we won. I was so excited and I live by myself and I'm screaming and breaves out.
Speaker 6: It was wonderful, jumping up and down, fun, Go Dodgers, exciting.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Gary and Shannon. Tell me here, I'm a civil servant for the city of Los Angeles, and he gives me great pride and pleasure to say congratulations to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Well done, Duns, Welcome home, conguys.
Speaker 1: May I think Walker Buehler has ice in his vein.
Speaker 6: I wasn't even at the game.
Speaker 7: I'm not even playing the game, and my stomach isn't not Way to go Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was great. It really was. What a while.
Speaker 1: It was just it was poetry him coming back in in the night. I mean, I don't know, I just loved it.
Speaker 4: Here's manager Dave rob Certainly a lot of emotions from the way it started to certainly the way it finished. And uh, I'm just so grateful to be in this chair. And and you know what our guys did, the resilience, the fight that they had. Certainly all the momentum was on the side of the Yankees, and Garrett was throwing the heck out of the baseball and for us to you know, just keep scratching and clawing, and you know, we were just kind of to the last guy available.
Speaker 3: I mean, you managed a gem really the whole way through.
Speaker 1: I mean I was one of the second guessers even last night, you know, but but he was.
Speaker 2: He was spot on to patch together the pitching road right right, that was I mean hobbled, yeah, to do what they were able to do. And then Aaron Boone, of course, manager for the Yankees.
Speaker 6: I'm heartbroken. I'm heartbroken.
Speaker 3: I'm heartbroken for those guys that pour so much into this.
Speaker 6: You know, the ending is cruel.
Speaker 1: Well, defense wins championships and you didn't have it.
Speaker 2: And that's the bizarre part about this. I mean, Dodgers, I think come out as the better team. In the end.
Speaker 3: They were clearly the better team.
Speaker 2: But it was one of those it felt like a prize fight where all the Yankees needed was just one one crack, just give me one chance to let the big guy or big guys get up on their feet once again. And it looked like it was happening with Aaron judgment that home run.
Speaker 1: Jim Harbaugh has an analogy about a jar of olives, of course he does. The jar of olives, as you know, is packed really tight. It's really hard to get those olives out. For when you first open the jar, it's really hard, right, and then you flip it upside down, and one olive makes its way squeezes its way out, and then all of a sudden more olives find the opening, and then all of a sudden, all the olives come out.
Speaker 3: And that's what I thought the Yankees offense was going to do last night. Olives Alive.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman named your MVP, of course his record breaking home run performance. He hit home runs in the first four World Series games, but he actually had the record for six consecutive World Series games dating back to his time with the Atlanta Braves, so that he holds that record by himself. The championship parade is planned for tomorrow morning, so according to the city, obviously the team members are going to be on top of those double decker buses. The whole thing is going to begin at Gloria Molina Grand Park across from LA City Hall. It's going to move south on Spring Street, west on First Street, south on Grand West Phish If it's going to end at Fifth and Flower, and then after the parade, the team is going to travel up to Dodger Stadium. They have a ticketed event that they said is going to begin at about twelve to fifteen. According to the team, you could park at Dodger Stadium. Parking gates will be open at eight thirty and then the stadium itself will open at nine. Yes, they will have food. Yes, they will have World Series merchandise available for purchase. They're going to have stuff to do in stadium entertainment prior to the team's arrival. Coverage of the game on the Dodger Vision scoreboards that are up there, and of course, coverage of the whole day begins on a five seventy LA Sports, starting with the morning and then all the way through the parade and the event at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Michael sent me a text last night. He said, you're good to buy your husband a shirt member. The rule was used to always get him the NFC we MFC NL wescuse me NL West shirt after they would win the NL West every year and then they would fail in the playoff in the World Series. I just stopped getting that shirt so somewhere the ghost of Kobe was whispering in your ear. You don't buy it until the end. Yeah, so I did buy him the shirt, the World Series shirt.
Speaker 3: You won't know how much a T shirt costs.
Speaker 2: This is this is ironic coming from you, considering you spend money on some significantly overpriced tickets sometimes.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, but it's just gouging. It's a T shirt fifty dollars. Fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Maybe Kamala Harris will come after them for price couching.
Speaker 2: Ya federal ban on a T shirt price gouch like it?
Speaker 3: That's communism.
Speaker 2: What how dare you?
Speaker 1: I'm happy to pay the fifty dollars price gouch me.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: And as I'm looking at all the screens in here, all this TVs you demanded we.
Speaker 3: Have, I didn't demand we have seven television It is overkill.
Speaker 1: But anyway, there's all these morning shows where there's adults in costumes or it's the Dodgers, and nobody's paying attention to the fact that North Korea's launching missiles.
Speaker 3: Eh.
Speaker 1: North Korea says this morning's launch of an ICBM was intended as a message to its rivals. It was fired from the Pyongyang area around seven am local time this morning, landed in the Sea of Japan. South Korea says they're maintaining a full readiness posture while coordinating with US and Japanese allies. Don't worry everyone, Joe Biden is on it.
Speaker 2: This is one that would easily reach the mainland of the United States. Yes, this is the kind of missiles so.
Speaker 1: North Korean leader Kim Jong un called the launch an appropriate and military action, sent us a message to its rivals who have intentionally escalated regional tensions.
Speaker 2: Great news for all twenty nine other baseball team fans out there. Pictures and catchers report a one hundred and three days.
Speaker 1: This is the first time I haven't heard that from my husband on the morning after.
Speaker 2: For a world series gets to he gets to Reverence. Yeah. The campaign moves out west today. Vice President Harris former President Trump both rallying voters in Nevada and Arizona. Today. Jlo is scheduled to join the Vice president at that have no idea.
Speaker 3: We are oversaturated with j Lo.
Speaker 2: Tucker Carlson once again is going to be with Donald Trump in Phoenix. He Trump also has a stop plant try it again, a stop planned in New Mexico, which is a not a swings day. One of the swing state stories also though, is that a Philadelphia judge has been hearing the DA's lawsuit aimed at Elon Musk's million dollar giveaway. That the DA in Philadelphia is Larry Krasner. It started a couple of hours ago. I haven't seen the update within the last thirty minutes or so, but they were they had to one move the the courtroom. They said that the DA's office was receiving threats, so they moved the courtroom to a courthouse with better security. And then late last night lawyers for Elon Musk and his Political Action Committee filed a notice they wanted to move the case to a federal court. So we'll see some of that kind of bubble up later today.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this this morning extensively, and the comment from Joe Biden about the trash and the supporters being trash, and I thought, this may be just enough, This is just enough in my opinion, to give Trump the victory. Why because after Trump won in twenty sixteen, and I was kind of curious about how that happened, because all the polling said Hillary was going to run away with it, right, And he's Donald Trump. He's a reality star, he's this clown figure, he's a novelty.
Speaker 3: How did he become president? You know? So I read JD.
Speaker 1: Vance's book Hillbilly Elegy, and it really lays out the case about the people in this country that you and I don't see. We're here in La California. Yeah, sure we go to other parts of the country, but do we really get to know people.
Speaker 3: In other parts of the country.
Speaker 1: And this was about people that don't live on the coasts or in the California, Seattle, New York DC coasts. And it was about people and Appalachia, and it was about people that you don't hear about. Maybe you'll see a candidate go to a donut shop or something like that in these parts of the country, but other than that, they have no microphone, they have no voice, and they feel completely forgotten by the powers that be in America in twenty sixteen and beyond. They feel like all the politicians don't know who they are, don't care about them. They think that they're irrelevant to this country, they're unnecessary to achieve power, and they are forgotten and they feel forgotten and Donald Trump spoke to those people.
Speaker 3: He was a plane talker.
Speaker 1: He wasn't the elite of the Clintons, he wasn't the Washington guy that's been there for four hundred years.
Speaker 3: He was somebody fresh.
Speaker 1: He came off like a real person, and he told them he'd fight for them. And that's how Donald Trump won in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: And the same.
Speaker 1: People that thought that the political elites thought they were garbage, and all the Democrats tried to change that rhetoric and they failed miserably. In the eight years that have ensued, now have proof that the political elites think they're garbage. Their very worst fear about how the people in power in this country think of them is right.
Speaker 3: They were right. It's true, and Joe Biden just said as much.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, the cleanup on it has not been good. It's not been well performed. We talked about the White House for one, but other media organizations as well. The apostrophe gate. The apostrophe catastrophe is how it was reported by I think Politico. How you know, adding an apostrophe to the word supporters either means it's Tony Hinchcliff. Specifically that Joe Biden was talking about and removing the apostrophe as the seventy four million people who voted for Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: You know who doesn't care about apostrophes? The people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So listen, there's somebody in Trump's campaign who should win the Nobel Prize for Campaign whatever. I don't know how they did it. I don't know when the decision was made, but putting him in an orange vest and having him drive in a garbage truck and then wear the orange vest for the entire time that he was doing that rally yesterday.
Speaker 3: You think, on its face, it's silly, it's stupid.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that presidential candidate is doing this kind of gentry and chick canery.
Speaker 3: It came off pretty freaking good.
Speaker 2: The one thing that I saw, the only thing I could compare that to probably was the dark Brandon memes that were going around. Remember when Joe Biden did that to like almost Star Wars style speech with the deep red lights behind him, and everybody was talking about he's this evil character, and then they started they turned that around and kind of made that a product for the Biden campaign. That's the only thing that was that I could think would be similar on the other side. But the speech that Donald Trump gave describing his the whole process of why they chose the garbage truck and him putting on the vest and everything. It was comedy gold nothing about policy. And we've talked about why why aren't these guys talking about policy? But to your point about he's talking to normal people about this silly process, self deprecating, made fun of himself, his weight, his cognitive.
Speaker 1: I want to hear some about that. I didn't hear any of it. We'll do that when we come back the Okay. Also, due to the victory parade tomorrow and all the street closures, all La County Superior Court facilities will be closed tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Someone's going to make.
Speaker 1: A joke that the Dodger fans wouldn't be able to appear in court.
Speaker 3: Somebody will do that.
Speaker 1: Can I just say one more thing about the World Series? To your point about your wife saying that baseball is soothing, I agree. Like, if I want to nap in the afternoon, sometimes I'll turn on a baseball game.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny, is I I For me, listening on the radio, football is a more calming really because it's a it's a it's a to me, a more consistent sound, huh, because you have the crowd tends to be loud more consistently at a football game in my memory as opposed to baseball.
Speaker 3: Are you saying Matt's games are boring?
Speaker 2: Not at all. It's that Matt combined with DJ and the crowd noise, which is consistent in the background. It's almost like the crowd noise becomes sort of white noise.
Speaker 3: What do you think about him makes them that boring to put you to sleep?
Speaker 2: Think of Matt to make them boring? Yeah, I don't think that, and it.
Speaker 3: Makes no sense so boring anyway.
Speaker 1: To the point about them being soothing, John Smoltz would not shut.
Speaker 3: The f up.
Speaker 1: Well, shut the f up, bro, Like, let us watch the game. He has to comment on everything. It was like enough.
Speaker 2: That being said, Joe Davis does a great job. He doesn't. I think he does a.
Speaker 1: Great job too, But John Smoltz doesn't shut the f up.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that you had such hard feelings about John Smoltz.
Speaker 6: Just remember that under a police state, you in the broadcast industry, it will take just one slip or someone that doesn't like you too much for you to lose your career and end up in jail. This is the way it works in a police state with a dictator.
Speaker 2: Joy, Okay, this dystopian view.
Speaker 3: It's not going to be China. We're not going to be China.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And how many more people have lost their jobs in the cultural arena of a police state than the actual police state that people think that we would be under. I mean people have been canceled for saying stupid stuff over the last ten years, left and right, lost jobs, lost careers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's true.
Speaker 2: And it's not a government thing, it's a it's a.
Speaker 3: Cultural police state. I like that.
Speaker 2: So the garbage man thing, yeah, Trump and his campaign absolutely hit this one out of the park yesterday when they put him in a garbage man's outfit but with an orange vest. They put him in a garbage truck, and then he continued to wear that garbage man's vest during the rally last night. This was his explanation.
Speaker 8: And one of my people came in and said, sir, you know the word garbage, which is the hottest thing right now out there, the hottest thing out there, sir, would you like to drive a garbage truck. So we're about, you know, thirty minutes from landing.
Speaker 6: We had to do that.
Speaker 1: It's kind of cool, though, isn't.
Speaker 8: It, because you know? And I said, you know, I think, but you know, I don't feel comfortable wearing a suit. And they pulled up this garbage truck. I don't know how the hell they did it so fast. I have very capable people. They put a big sign on the truck. Did you see it? I think they showed it to me.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get through the apollue.
Speaker 8: Then they said, sir, we have a vest. I said, well, should I leave my suit on and put it over the vest? But that doesn't look very good, right, that doesn't look good? So I said, look, let me take it off. And then I actually said I climbed into the truck. But here said so, I said, how the hell do you get into this truck?
Speaker 2: It's way up high. It's a big one.
Speaker 8: This was a I said, you didn't have to buy it that big, right, you have to get it that big. They brought this brand new, gorgeous truck, wonderful drivery looked like Carrie Granted.
Speaker 2: I love that reference of Carrie Grant and I can't.
Speaker 8: Do that when I'm alongside of this great athlete. I got to get up though. So look, so the stair, the first stair is like up here, I'm like.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 8: I had the adrenaline going.
Speaker 6: And I made it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then I gave a little news conference from the front of the you know, they asked their wise guy questions and everything wise guy question and then we drove about two feet. I got into the play and then I got in the car and I'm driving over here and I have this still on and I come into the arena and I said, where's my jacket? I want to get out of this stake. And they said it would be unbelievable if you could wear it on stage.
Speaker 2: I said, big lying applause.
Speaker 3: Line is a showman.
Speaker 1: And in a country where we have no ability to drill down on policy, we just want our shows.
Speaker 3: He is delivering.
Speaker 2: We don't have an ability, we don't have a willingness, like nobody has patience for it.
Speaker 1: That's why Kamala did so well when it was the Kamala and Tim Wall's movie roll out.
Speaker 3: We want to show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't want detail, we say we want detail.
Speaker 3: We want to ask Kamala.
Speaker 1: Questions, No, you don't, so nobody wants to ask anyone questions.
Speaker 3: We want shows. It's awful.
Speaker 2: The other thing that happened last night is he made a line, he referenced a line, or he said a line about protecting the women of America whether they like it or not. He said he was going to come out and protect women whether they like it or not, which is now the Harris campaign's trying to capitalize on suggesting that he doesn't care about women or their agency, or their freedom or anything like that. So we'll see if that gains any tracks. We'll talk more about that we get to swamp watch.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue when we come back.
Speaker 1: Baseball, because the Dodgers are your World Series champions.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app