Speaker 1: And this segment's brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, one of the finest pizza establishments in all the land. It was named best pizzeria in DFW by readers of The Dallas Morning News. We highly encourage you check it out. There's only one location. It's in Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza. So if you like Detroit style pizza or New York style pizza, tavern style pizza, if you like, you know, Dallas style pizza, everybody can find a pizza that they love there that's mastered. That's why readers of The Dallas Morning News said Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is the best in DFW. Head out there to Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. They also have great pasta, awesome craft beer selection Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. I'm always interested. One of our big outlets, like the Dallas Morning News, they have these like articles and they got to kind of put a list against the content out there, and I get that, but then like they really have to pare it down, So ten DFW concerts to catch this summer. Keep in mind that there's a thousand or a million DFW concerts this summer, but you gotta pick ten. Yeah, and we gotta make everyone understand, like this is for everyone reading. Probably you would just put all the rock shows, or all the country shows, or all the hip hop shows. So what is the big eclectic mix that Thor at the Dallas Morning News is put together.
Speaker 3: I bet one of them is that Bob Dylan Willie Nelson show. Oh yeah, even though it's out there in the heat.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go in order by date. Be easy for us to track this. Yere June twenty second at the Kessler Alejandro escovero anyone.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, So he actually he actually worked at Waterloo Probably might still, But when I lived in Austin in the early nineties, he worked at Waterloo Records. Was a legend in Austin at the time. And he's kind of a He's a Texas artist that dabbles in kind of rock, kind of Texas sound.
Speaker 2: He's seventy four. Yeah, he's been around forever.
Speaker 3: Like I'm telling you, I used to go buy records and he would check me out at Waterloo.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I don't know that I would have had that on my top ten, but hey go see, yeah he's a He's a legend in Texas. Jue twenty eighth at Billy Bob's christ You know Ashley mcbriden. Oh yeah, uh, I don't really. I don't know where she's from, but I mean she is a girl country country artist. Is she related male country artists?
Speaker 3: She related to Christina McBride, No are you thinking Martina McBride yep, and her her hit song or is Ain't enough cowboy Songs?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, man.
Speaker 1: I had some country song got stuck in my head and I thought about you skin because it's the dumbest lyric. People say I got it drank and problem, but I got no problem dranking at all.
Speaker 2: Love Billy Currington. I love Billy Currington.
Speaker 1: I'll be kerry say it's a problem, but I got a problem with Dragon Billy Clever.
Speaker 2: June thirtieth, The Grenade at the English Beat.
Speaker 3: I love the English Beat. I had no idea they were still around. They were a big part of the late seventies early eighties new wave scene out of the UK and they were a ska band.
Speaker 2: So what songs? What I know? Mirror in the bath wound. There's none of these first three that the Dallas Morning News is recommending. I don't know any of their songs. Oh you know that song that he was singing? What is it? Definitely met her in the bathroom? Mirror? Oh?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: What songs are they? Right? Have ever met someone in the bathroom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a whole Strokes book about it. No, like you met her? Yeah, that's what that was.
Speaker 2: That was a destination meet me there, yep, Like, hey, I met you there and then you remember it. Just treat us the songs I asked you to read us. Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan July fifty, let's go. Here's my problem here. Do Seki's Pavilion is a great spot, but July fifth, it's it's inhumane to put Willie Nelson in Bob Dylan out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just can't do anything outdoors from what like June.
Speaker 3: To August I think mid I think early June to October.
Speaker 2: There's nothing. They don't try to drive anywhere, and they don't do anything here.
Speaker 1: From it's just pretend like you're on Mars and everything has to be done.
Speaker 2: Indoors from June to October. They also are going to have it. Looks like the Avett Brothers there too. Oh cool. I saw them in the last year Fun. They're fun. August sixth that the Majestic Theater, Regina Specter. Dude, it's my favorite Russian artists. I don't know that I want to go see her love. I want to ad her on the top ten artists coming to DFW.
Speaker 3: This This list is basically things Stora is excited about.
Speaker 2: August seventh, Toyota Music Factory. Teddy Swims. Okay, I go to that ye from Wildcat University. Teddy Swim, Yes, Wildcat. You right.
Speaker 3: He's got a couple of heaters on that last album Really.
Speaker 2: Good song true Uh. August twenty seventh and twenty eighth at AT and T Stadium. You don't go to see this guy for his acting skills. You want to see him do pop bangers.
Speaker 3: The Weekend Kevin I was gonna say, Kevin Bacon too, man, the Weekend.
Speaker 2: I've seen the Weekend before. I'm good.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, No, I mean I think he's it was fine seeing him once.
Speaker 2: I do not need to see him again, this sounds like something my wife drug Ken would go to. Here Fair Park August twenty nine through thirty. First, the Riverfront Jazz Festival. Let's go Anthony Hamilton, Tank in the Bengus. Oh my god, Pebo bryceon War War. Yeah, weird that they're part of it. No, it's not, man.
Speaker 3: They fuse Latin RHYTHMSKA, American funk and soul music.
Speaker 2: Had a big cushion and brass section.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's nothing, all right, you got everybody likes Lowrider, it's classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Lake Street Dive September nineteenth. They're fun, they're they did some covers too, right.
Speaker 3: Uh. Maybe they're kind of like a soul revival kind of band with a chick singer, white chick singing.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is what Thor from over at Dallas Morning News says, those are the ten biggest shows. Now they're not on my list. I mean I got some huge shows I'm going to this summer. Like what oh have in front of me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yepor is like yeah, what oh yeah, you got nothing?
Speaker 2: Okay, then shut up. The only thing on the dock and Trillie, Modest Mouse and Flaming Lips that have a Music Factory. Everybody's seen them one hundred times. I see Chevelle again up at Chalk Dom. Yeah, dude, hell yea.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you Kevin for your contributions to the local music scene. But you're not done, because coming up next more incredible news for local music fans