Speaker 1: The Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 3: All Right, hey, Bulldog, I'm hoping as the Magic get ready for this playoff game tonight play in game, you could maybe explain these first few games in the NBA playoffs and how exactly they work in. What needs it is to play in.
Speaker 4: It's not the playoffs, it's to play in. The Magic host the Atlanta Hawks tonight game one of the play in. A win puts the Magic into the playoffs as the number seven seed against the defending champion Boston Celtics.
Speaker 2: If they win tonight.
Speaker 4: If they lose tonight, that means they would host a do or die play in game against the winner of the Heat Bulls play in game, and that would be Friday night. So Magic win tonight, they're in the playoffs. If they lose, they have to win on Friday to get into the playoffs. If they lose on Friday, obviously they're out. That's pretty much it. I think they need to win tonight because the Celtics right now are one of their star players, Jalen Brown, is nursing a bad Ankle. I think they need to get the series started with the Celtics as soon as possible while Jalen Brown may be a little bit hobbled, and that would give them a chance to maybe steal a game in Boston in Game one or Game two, which if they win tonight, the playoff series against Boston would probably start. I think Saturday or Sunday is what they're saying, right, So there you have it. So win tonight against Atlanta and you're in. And I think the Magic need to win tonight. Told you yesterday about this this Niko Iamaliava, the Tennessee quarterback who was essentially kicked off the team because he was holding out.
Speaker 2: He skipped practice.
Speaker 4: Josh Heipel, the quarterback are the coach at Tennessee, said the hell with that, you're out of here, and boom, he's out, and I don't know that he's gonna He wanted it more in IO money from Tennessee. He was already making like two point five million a year from Tennessee. He was seeking four million dollars a year. I'm from everything I'm hearing and reading, I think the guy made a huge mistake. He his family, his NIO agent, there's not really all that much interest in the guy.
Speaker 1: Quite frankly. That's what it comes down to, is the agent. These are college kids, and you know what, I and the father, yeah, and the father, and when those guys, the dad and the and the parents in general, and then the agent say it, that's the whole new world where I'm with nil. You know what, you guys got greedy? Now your kid is needy of a job. Goodbye, buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's yeah, because again supposedly North Carolina and Belichick were interested. Report Yes, they're going after the South Alabama quarterback.
Speaker 2: So how much interest is there?
Speaker 4: This guy may have given up a starting job and two point five million dollars a year in NIO money at a national championship contender, and he may end up like a two lane or something making a lot less money.
Speaker 1: So yeah, be careful, be careful. I thought you had him at the fast food join us ready.
Speaker 3: You know what? You know, it's amazing though, you almost want to go up to this dude, and I know it the way things operate these days, this is in reality, but you just want to go up to someone like that and go and how much would you have been making if you had been going to college three four years ago.
Speaker 2: Zero zero.
Speaker 4: I've got a conspiracy theory, by the way, on this real quick, I think Tennise he wasn't that good last year. Even though Tennessee made the playoffs, they were a running team and relied on their defense. My conspiracy theory is Tennessee was just waiting on this kid to screw up so they could kick it off the team and spend that ni O money on better players. Perhaps perhaps just the theory, just the theory. WNBA Draft last night, I know you guys were locked in to see Page Beckers, the Yukon star who just won the national championship. She was picked number one by the Dallas Wings, so that was the big news in the WNBA draft. I wonder where she would have been drafted in last year's draft because you had obviously you had Caitlin Clark, Cameron Brink, Angel Angel Reese wasn't taken last year until the seventh pick. I wonder where Page Beckers would have gone last year. But it doesn't matter. She's the number one overall pick in this year's w NBA draft. Cam Ward, by the way, will attend the NFL Draft along with a lot of other stars. You know who's not gonna be at the NFL draft Shador Sanders in two weeks. Yeah, I wonder, I wonder if he's if he's dropping down the draft boards, and that's one reason maybe he's not showing up.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you guys had the number one pick in the NFL draft, too, who would you be picking? Who would you take? Bulldog?
Speaker 2: Well, if you need a quarterback, I would take cam Ward?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Well, then if you need something else, take the guy that goes both ways.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: Obviously, if you needed a running back, you take Ashton gent from Boys, he stayed. If you need a pass rusher, Abdul Carter is the main guy. So yeah, it all depends on what you need it. But if you need a quarterback, cam Ward is the guy. I don't think there's any question about that. So, speaking of football, did you see the Ohio State was honored yesterday at the White House?
Speaker 2: Vice President JD.
Speaker 4: Vance was going to like take a picture with the trophy and then with Trump Vance and the team. So he picks up the trophy and it was a two. The trophy was in two parts. He thought it was in one part and he fumbled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the top came off the base. And we're actually gonna talk about that a little more later.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, I don't think and then we'll get to that. Let's be thinking about y'all. Have you ever fumbled something and accidentally broke something really really you know, pricey or expensive? The worst part. He went to Ohio State too, so he stopped doubly embarrassing because he's thrilled to be there with the team that you know, won it all, and then that happens.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Evidently right afterwards he signed in an il deal with the candy bar company Butterfinger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you've been worrying on that one all night, all right. Mike the Bulldog Bianchi host of Open Mike weekday mornings on adjacent toss AM seven ninety six ninety Game, and he takes time out of his show to join us for the Sports page each morning here on JR R.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday today to Leonardo da Vinci. Jindanko on demand to download the iHeartRadio app