Speaker 1: You like fantasy ball, sense talk chasm that I shall not me hear myself stops fans and they can't even count some of uniforcasom s rodo you ain't better the health?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, several charges on everyone coming.
Speaker 1: Else and I'm alreadium to hear my baby sounds just like your name was, Mark.
Speaker 3: And it's a ride by podcast. It's a rapop podcast. It's a rapp podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a ride bo podcast.
Speaker 3: It's a rap up podcast. Don't have a rap up podcast? Got a turn? It should rap bo podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome back in the rast Ball Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I am beat on, joined by the One, the only, the Fantasy Master, Lethario himself.
Speaker 2: Gray. All right, how's it going over there?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a little annoyed. To be honest, I'll be honest with you. Hey, Hey, good to see you. I'm a little annoyed though. I every actually every year around this time. You know why I'm mad? Right? You know you know what's coming. You know what's coming, don't you. Every year around this time I get so annoyed at the Hall of Fame inductions. I hate it. Man, I hated so much that that Barry Bonds is not in the Hall of Fame. Like it's like, I really feel like baseball is gas lighting all its fans by not putting Bond in the Hall of Fame. And this weekend was especially bad because Jeff Kent, Jeff Kent, of all people, of all people, Jeff Kent gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, the guy who directly benefited from Barry Bonds. Like, what are we doing? Man?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: Is it frustrating? A really angry but a way to start a podcast. I'm so mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gray, I mean we have we have Barry Bonds not in but with him obviously Roger Clemans and Sammy Sosau, Many Ramirez. This was his last year for the ballot. He'll go He'll go to the you know, the players vote.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's a.
Speaker 3: Really Manny's never getting in. He'll never get in with the Veterans Committee. If they don't let Bonds in on the Batterns Committee, they're never letting Manny in. And you know, it's honestly, like I say, like it feels like everyone's gaslighting us because it's like with our own eyes we watched these baseball We watched them and we were like, oh wow, and it's like, okay, but they cheated like well, first of all, ah, First of all, Pudge Rodriguez was nicknamed Pudge because he was so stocky. And then when he got traded to the Tigers and they started suspending people because the steroids, Pudge suddenly became Slim Rodriguez. So talk to me about steroids being in the Hall of Fame. Also, oh, Mike Biazza and Backne, Oh I do get that. Oh, oh, Mike Biazza sartainly started going through puberty at the age of thirty. Okay, yeah, sure, right, yeah, that's why he had Backne. Come on, man, come on, man, I so fired up. It's ridiculous though, seriously, because if anyone's like, oh, Barry Bonds was cheating like a he was never caught for cheating.
Speaker 4: B Steroids wasn't even illegal when he was doing them.
Speaker 3: There was no lung against steroids. It wasn't like, oh, you can't do steroids in the major leagues.
Speaker 4: There was no there was no rule on the books, and they put Bud Ceiling in the All Fame. He was the guy who orchestrated all this.
Speaker 3: Ah, I'm so mad.
Speaker 2: Saved the game? He did, ray And how exactly did that happen? How exactly did he He saved the game?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, save the game by covering up everything with his ugly ass to pay. That's how Ceilings saved the game.
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: Oh, why would I start a podcast so mad?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're looking for somebody to cover stuff up, it should start, like the search should start with somebody with a good tu pay, Like you know what, I didn't even know that was real. Like this is a good start, This is a this is a good start to what we're looking for at this position.
Speaker 2: What else have you come?
Speaker 3: Actually he covered up steroids as well as he covered up his bald head. Oh fired up?
Speaker 1: Well, Grey, I don't know if this topic is gonna gonna make you any less fired up.
Speaker 2: But let's talk about let's talk about Jose.
Speaker 1: Cabbiero's uh, you know day week, you know, this time of the year for for him, he's been and we shoot a few warnings and finally got called out and and there was a little bit of a bench clearing, and you know, the whole the whole thing over his his what you want to call it, his hitting preparation, Gray with with the with the shot clock on the on the or the pitch clock sorry wrong sport the pitch clock.
Speaker 2: And then of course in the same week Gray, he is called.
Speaker 1: Or he's he's given a ruling defensively that he purposely dropped an infield liner to make his double play hold off.
Speaker 2: That's it feels like COVID.
Speaker 1: Jose Cabriero is that guy in the comment section yelling about the ziplings and how he can write it all the way to the end, and you you have to let him in like this is this is what it's feeling like.
Speaker 3: Gray. Well, you know, I have actually complicated feelings on Jose Cabriiro, because, like, I think the pitch clock is legitimately good. I think it's I like the pitch clock. I mean I you know, as anyone who's familiar RAS ball, I write five times a week. I cover all the games, so it's nice for me that the games go a little bit faster. It was a little bit tough when it was like four hour games. So from a personal standpoint, I like two and a half hour games. I don't mind them. I like the pitch clock. I I do. I like, I like it a lot. But on the other hand, so this is how it gets complicated because like what Jose Cabrierra was doing was like, you have to you have to make eye contact with the picture at eight seconds left on the clock. Uh, and at that point the pitcher can then start his wind up. And they were saying that Cabiiro would get into the batter's box, stare it, stare it like the opposing dugout, like just looking off, looking off in mid distance, like, uh, Jose, you gotta you got an eye problem, bro, What why are you not turning your head? So he would just like stare straight ahead and look at like the first row, like he was making eye contact with a lady or something in the first row, and then at eight seconds he would turn to the picture, and that's when the picture could start to wind up. So now if he's looking so if Cabrierra was looking at the dugout or you know, the lady in the first row eating cotton candy, and he was saying like, if he was looking at her and the picture started to move, then the picture would get called for a pitchclock violation. If it was before eight seconds left and then so he was so Cabrierra was actually using that as an advantage, like he was getting a lot of pictures to move before he looked at them, and they were getting called for pitch violations. Now this week, the uh, the Office of the Commissioner, eh, the Office of the Commissioner said that Cabrierro can't do that, honestly. So that's where I get really conflicted, because it's like, why can't he do it? That's the rule. You just have to look at the picture with eight seconds left. So if I want to be, you know, trying to play head games and not look at the picture before eight seconds, it's like, okay, I mean what, Like I don't know. I honestly don't even know how this became, Like how this even became a rule where Cabiiro was wrong because like as much as I do like the pitch clock, he's kind of right. I mean he's doing I mean he's doing he's within the letter of the law. Like he's not looking at the picture until eight seconds, but as long as he looks at the picture at eight seconds, the picture can start then. And this is all you know, it's like, I mean, he was messing up the picture's rhythm for sure, but that's the idea. I mean, that's the whole point of hitting is to try and get the picture out of their game, and the pictures deal is to get the hitter out of their game. So I'm really kind of conflicted here. I feel like Cabriero is being painted as the bad guy, and I don't really see him as the bad guy. Like, I don't know, man, I I and I mean I I think I think Cabrierra was right to not look at the picture until eight seconds. He he found a loophole and he was exploiting it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, the example of the examples I've seen kind of thrown together where it's like, oh, here's the examples where he's violating it. It's like he looks at the picture, but then he immediately looks either back towards the dugout or like down and so he like makes eye contact, but like then he looks elsewhere to kind of throw them off again to make it seem like he didn't make eye contact.
Speaker 2: That's so those are the ones that I've seen.
Speaker 3: Very funny, I mean, that's so hilarious. If that's what's going on, uh, Cabrierra. I mean, baseball needs a villain. So if Cabriero wants to step up and be the villain, that's awesome. I love it. You know, I'm all for him being a total idiot. I love it. I but yeah, I mean if he looks at the picture and then looks away and the picture starts, and then the picture gets called for a ball because of that or a pitchclock violation, which is a ball he would, then then there should be some sort of replay to see if Cabriirero looks at the picture like that's I mean you need to do You need to have replay involved then, like the like, if he looks at the picture and the picture starts and then the picture gets called for a ball or a violation, then the picture should say okay, well time out. Let's look at the replay and see if he looked at me like that, and then it should be a strike. Like they're like, there needs to be some like, you know, accountability. If Cabriirero is looking at the picture, but if he's just looking at the dugout and never looking at the picture, then I don't see the problem.
Speaker 1: So I would say, no more replay. I don't want I don't want replay. That's defeating the purpose of the pitch clock in the first place. At that point, let let's do this.
Speaker 3: I know, I agree, I agree with that, but I will say the replay. You do that once or twice, and Cabriyrre is gonna get the pitcher that he can't keep doing it. So I understand, I don't want more replay, but you know it's like you do it once. No, here's what we do.
Speaker 1: Great at eight seconds, it does not matter what the batter is doing. At eight seconds, the pitcher can throw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you pick.
Speaker 1: If the batter is not ready, screw it, that's you pitch. You can fast pitch him, you can slide pitch him, you can.
Speaker 3: Do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: If he's not ready, he's not ready, like or you can even say, like seven seconds, you give him extra second off of what they have to have him get ready.
Speaker 2: But it's seven seconds. Pitcher goes like, you're not ready.
Speaker 3: No, totally, the pit the hitter can't. The hitter can't quock time out and can't can't. Yeah, the hitter has no more control over the situation at eight seconds. I'm with that role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that way, we don't know any whatever you play, there's no like questions of did he make eye contact?
Speaker 2: Did he not look?
Speaker 1: If the batter's ready, he makes eye contact, the pitcher can go, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Eight seconds and seven seconds.
Speaker 3: Just batter. Actually, how about we not even make the batter be ready like at eight seconds? Like it sounds like we're in the front office trying to figure that. Okay, so how about this. The batter is obligated to be in the box and be ready at eight seconds. Whether it happens, like, whether he's there or not doesn't matter. If he does not call time out and he's not in the box, it's too bad. The pitcher can start his wind up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got absolutely that. We figured it out.
Speaker 1: I mean, we can also just take six seconds off the clock and we'll just call it the pitch clock and it'll actually be the pitch like the pitcher has to start wind up by that time.
Speaker 2: Better you be ready by then. That's also an easy solution.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's so many ways to do this where this doesn't even come into play. But let's let's we've we've ramble for a long time. Great, let's let's make let's move this to a fantasy side. Let's at least talk about Jose Cavierro rest of season Jose Caviero or Chandler Simpson.
Speaker 5: Uh I, you know, I'm gonna go Calliero mostly because I feel like, uh, well, he knows when to look at the picture.
Speaker 3: No. No, I'm going Cabro mostly because he adds a little bit of power. I mean it's very minimal, and uh uh, I think like Chandler, like Chandler Simpson, like I think it's probably a little bit of the grass is greener on the other side, because like, I actually have Simpson in a few leagues, and I wish I had anyone but him that could steal bases because I'm kind of sick of starting Simpson. To be totally frank, like, I wish I had like nacyum Nunez or Caballero instead of Simpson. So yeah, I'm gonna go caby Hero over Simpson.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about how about your former boy?
Speaker 3: Oh man, you're going back like five years to say my bully. I I don't think like Boba Schett like I actually so, I put in a bit recently for Boba Schett to pick him up, but that was a uh an L only league. It was NL only league. He was dropped in an NL only league. So that gives you an idea of where I think boba Schett's value is right now. I think it was wrong to dropping him in the and I only I like, I would have picked him up if I had, if my bid had won. But anyway, I'll go kaby Ro for Bobachhet.
Speaker 1: All right. How about Jareddaran?
Speaker 3: Uhh, that's tough.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Duran's really been terrible.
Speaker 2: He's been awful as he's awful, it's.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I wonder if he gets traded. I'm going Caballero over Duran. I think I think Duran needs a Duran is probably the number one guy who needs like a change of scenery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that, although that may just also take everything he has going, because if you can't hit in Boston, like, where the hell are you gonna hit?
Speaker 3: Rockies? What are you up to? Hey? Hey, sack Sack Town, what's up man?
Speaker 1: Rockies in dust? Feel like a very Jared dar in place for him to go. But anyways, how about speech to Josh Naylor.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm still going nail Or over cabri Era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would to unless you need like Cabriira's position flexibility, like if that's a big thing for you, you have limited benches or you know, a bunch of injured guys. I could see that, But yeah, I would go. I would go Nailer and uh, you know, just be professional here. I'm gonna I'm gonna go with a transitional guy here.
Speaker 3: Greg.
Speaker 2: Hey, look Durbin, who's getting more playing time?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, Uh, that's tough, man. I think I'd probably go Durban. But it feels like a toss up. It feels pretty close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. I think I'd probably still go Caballero there, but you know it is, it is very close.
Speaker 2: And as I mentioned, Durban is getting more playing.
Speaker 1: Time because the Red Sox have made a couple of moves. Actually, I guess Durbin was getting the same playing time. Just I'm gonna get a new new teammate here and Curtis Mead coming from the Nationals as the Red Sox trade away cononly early Curtis maid has eighty seven games this year, seventeen home run six dollar bases. He's hitting two fixed four three fifty to five hundred, nineteen percent strikeouts eleven point nine percent walk should slot in as the everyday.
Speaker 2: Second basement for the Red Sox, and in.
Speaker 1: Theory, before we get to like the trade value and everything, let's just talk about the players. What do you think about Curtis meat with the Red Sox?
Speaker 3: So? Okay, so I was, you know, I was perusing people's opinions on the socials, uh, for the Curtis Mead Early trade, and it seems like it's kind of like a one of those like posters, like depending on which angle you look at it, it's like, oh that's a rose, Oh that's a toilet. It's kind of like it depends on how you perceive Curtis meeting finally early on whether or not this trade was a win for the Red Sox or than that's because like so early, as of you know, three months ago, people thought Early was going to be a huge prospect, like they like he was. I believe he was touted higher than even Peyton toll uh and everyone at the beginning of this season was like Curtis Mead is a quad a player and it's a joke that the Nationals are even starting them. So like the fact, and then you know that obviously switched this season, but did three months of this season change everything? Is I guess where people's perceptions of this trade are, and it's like, I I don't know. I mean, I would trust that the Red Sox know more about Early's arm than anyone else. So if they think like he's actually, you know, really cooked, then I mean I could see why they would want to dump him for Curtis Mead. On the other hand, Curtis Mead looks really good, but maybe the Nationals see something and they're like, oh, he can't keep this up. So it may be it may be a basic like it may be six and one half a dozen of another and they're both not very good, or they're both very good, or one's good and one's not. It's really tough to say. Uh. As for like fantasy, I like this move for Curtis Mead. As you mentioned earlier with Duran, Fenway's a great park. You're you'd be hard pressed to find a better one in the in the al outside of like Bing Bong. Uh, It's a you know, it's for a righty too. Curtis Mead's alrighty for a righty hitting balls off the wall is like, you know, it's a dream man, Like he's a two fifty four hitter so far this season. He's probably two seventy five in Fenway just for polling balls. I mean, it's just natural common sense. Like if a guy's gonna hit, you know, three hundred and twenty foot fly balls and have it become a double, it's gonna be better for him. So I yeah, I mean, Curtis Mead gets a I think he gets a pretty good boost up in value. The only real concern I have for me is exactly how are they deploying him. I'm assuming if he goes a second and he's every day that's great. I'm all for it. I wonder if they're just gonna, like, you know, because they have they haven't really as of the recording of this, we haven't seen a post trade lineup, so we don't know exactly right now, so it's a little bit of speculation. But if Meat is gonna be everyday second baseman, great, no, then you know, then he's probably a top ten second baseman, maybe even higher. If he's used in any sort of platoon, then we'll have to see how the platoon is. Uh. But it's hard because he's a righty, like I said, and alrighty getting platooned means he's only facing lefties, which would be awful for his value. But I don't know why the Red Sox would trade Connolly early to have Curtis Mead come in and only face lefties like That's that would be crazy. So I'm assuming Curtis Mead is gonna play nearly every day. He's gonna hit somewhere in the uh you know, top five of the lineup at worst, maybe in the top three, and he's gonna be uh, he's gonna be very valuable. He's gonna get second base eligibility, he's gonna have. It's a nice little boost for Curtis Mead. You know, he's not gonna suddenly start, you know, stealing thirty bags, and you know, he's not gonna he's not gonna become the uh you know, he's not gonna become a first rounder just with this trade. But I think he gets a little nice boost and uh, yeah, it's not bad. Chris me is definitely a target for AO only, And I mean he should really be rostered by now in any mixed league. Yeah, I mean he should have been for a while. He's been, he's been solid all year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel like this is really gonna help him because he is, you know, as nice as the numbers have been this year, you know, best average eggs velocity, best hard hit and barrel rate of his career, there's still not there's still not impressive numbers if we're just looking at him compared to everybody else. Longch angles down for the last couple of seasons. Swinging strike rate, k rates down. Oh, that's good, but his best swing rate is bat speed. They're actually down. The fly ball rate is up somehow, just at the launch ago being down. That's that's a really weird one. So it just feels like a little bit of an overpay from from the Red Sox just in regards to what they're getting. But as you mentioned, from a Curtis Mead standpoint, this should be good. I think the seventeen home runs in the first half is probably excessive. I don't I don't ever see Curtis Mead necessarily repeating that kind of power output but but good for him. You know, he he did what he needed to and he's been he's been pretty consistent as well. So it's it's it's gonna be a decent fit, you know, like you said, it's gonna be helpful for him. Connally, Early, though, as you mentioned, was a top five prospect at worst for the Red Sox, first or second pitching prospect for them. Curtis Mead was DF eight last year. Like, it feels like a weird trade for for the Red Sox. Just in regards to Yes said, just how quickly they gave up on Connie Early.
Speaker 3: I mean that's yeah, that's a good I mean, yeah, you've you've basically encapsulated what I was thinking. Yeah, it's just bizarre because like even if you think Connery Early's arm is cooked, like it, it feels like you're selling low on what he was as recently as three months ago. One last thing on Curtis Mead, not that this means that much, but his expected home runs in Fenway actually comes down a few. So yeah, I wish you would expect because like if a guy hits like, you know, a line drive home run to you know, left field, it's not gonna happen in Fenway because it's gonna hit off the wall. So yeah, there's uh so Fenway actually takes a few, it takes a little bit of his power away, but I mean, like we said, it adds so much average, so it's a good it's it's a good move for Mead and Early. You know, I was I was wondering what the bid on him and an NL only because I think Early at this point. I mean, if you're in a deep mixed league, you can stash Early, but I mean it's elbow inflammation and then that's just traded for him. There's no reason at all for them to really pitch him this year. I mean, maybe maybe he comes back and throws like thirty innings, but it's gonna be basically you could find it off of waivers as a streamer in most leagues, but in NL only. So I was up against, you know, whether or not the bid on him for an NL only league and also NL only keeper and a keeper. I'm still pretty interested. I you know, I probably wouldn't go I wouldn't go crazy necessarily because there is the elbow injury, which is you know, concerning I would probably look at like an NL only keeper early roughly out of one hundred maybe uh five five five to seven maybe uh and then you know, and only just a straight redraft. I mean, he's still got value even there, probably around this, you know, it depends on your situation obviously, but probably around the same five to seven, if you know, Because if you can get thirty innings of you know, a starter in September, it's worth it, and I know only it's worth it. But in a mixed league, I just don't see the value even really stashing him. I mean, you can, sure, I mean, if you have room on your iyl stash him, but I don't. I don't see much value for Early for this year at.
Speaker 1: Least, yeah, because he's gonna miss at least at least two more weeks, if not more. So it's it's really hard to spend a whole lot on him if you have the IL space. No, there's worse things you can do then pick him up and stash him away. But there's also the non zero chance that they just shut him down. Honestly, there's no reason for him to come back if he's not ready. Certainly get him, you know, throwing again. So it feels more comfortable getting ready for the offseason and coming in the next year. But there's no reason to push him at this point. So even you know, I would say, yeah, under ten dollars somewhere is probably about the right area you really need pitching, you know, maybe fifteen, but even that is just kind of waiting to see.
Speaker 2: When he's gonna come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about as Marilyn val does. He has been crazy great. He is the number one player Raider. Over the last thirty days, thirty seven games, he has fourteen home runs. He's sitting two ninety three, three eighty five, seven oh seven. I mean, those are absolutely insane numbers. If you change the minimum batted ball events to twenty five, because he's only been up for you know, a month, he is twentieth and average EXAs velocity fifteenth and hard hit the LDEs in barrel rate, he's eleventh in EV fifty. The most he's gone with most games he's gone without a home run is eight. However, the opposite side, he's only gone four games total that he hasn't struck out yety gray.
Speaker 3: You know, so I was looking at his sad cast page while you were speaking. And it's really quite fascinating to look at his sliders because like his sliders, meaning the color bars. Valdez is like, it's like red red red red red red blue. Ooh man, that's bad red red red red right red blue wow blue wow blue red right right right bro blue. Yeah, he's gotta he's got quite the profile. Man, He's basically he's doing an Adam done here. I I hope it continues. Everything in me is saying like it actually it could continue the rest of this year. I mean, we've seen bizarre like small sample size wise, like, but at some point, I mean, he's gonna the Williemo Pana of his strikeout right is going to catch up to him. Right, It's got it right.
Speaker 1: You would think, so, I mean, how hell could it not?
Speaker 3: Honestly, Yeah, I mean I think the best case scenario is Adam done, and the worst case scenario is is, like, you know, any any of the guys who have like aristhtes A Kino that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's been a lot of guys who come out of the gates really hot and then you know, the pictures figure out what it is that you need or what they need to throw you and it just falls off dramatically.
Speaker 3: But I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I really hope that he can keep it going. It is entertaining to watch. I mean, obviously, this pace is probably not maintainable unless you know he's the next John Call of State, and in which case that would be amazing. And I feel like a cheek out for everybody who grabbed him for a dollar and keep her in dynasty leagues, but unlikely. That being said, let's throw some names against the wall and see who'd rather take the chance on Gray Beldez or Christian Walker.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's tough, because I feel like Christian Walker is kind of cooled off in a shallow enough leg I probably I probably actually would go about that Az, because just go with the hot bat. Yeah, yeah, but that's it. I mean, it's not easy. I would say Valdez though, just because he's hot, So why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Walker's Walker's June in July certainly have not been strong.
Speaker 2: How about Max Munsey?
Speaker 3: Uh No, Max Mounsey has been pretty valuable. I'm staying with Max Mounsey even though Valdez has been burning hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that feels fair, And I guess the concernal months he is always just how so that's really the concern with him.
Speaker 2: If he's healthy, he's always been fairly productive.
Speaker 3: Well burn comedy, oh no, more comedy for sure. Yeah, okay, not even close.
Speaker 1: So we've we've found kind of a line. He's he's definitely on the lower end. But somebody pick up and definitely roster in the moment if he's available and just enjoy the ride. Yeah, somebody who is not gonna be on the ride the rest of this season, likely Gray is Shay Langlers. He was top five on the catcher on a Player Raider when he got Injure Jonaheim Brian Servan are taking over his spot and as catcher any interest in Heim as he should be actually getting it in the middle of the order for the eighties, which feels like a very weird statement.
Speaker 3: Uh, Jonaheim is not interesting at all outside of like when he's home in home games, and then even then you would it's kind of probably be at the like a daily league and you have no good catcher, so you're you're just you're just switching out your catcher whenever. So I would pick up Jonaheim when he was home, but only if I had a bad catcher. I mean it's like I would not really, I wouldn't really be interested. And Brian and Brian Servan actually I briefly looked at in our ale only league and then I was like, nah, that's ridiculous. I mean, you know, a backup a's catcher who's terrible. I mean I do like that, Like when A when he's catching and a hitter strikes out, he's like, you've been serving.
Speaker 1: I really wish that was true, Gray, I really wish, really wish that was I don't mind him as a second catcher. And like a fifteen team, certainly an ale only he's own, but that's that's about where he is. And a twelve team, you know, if you're rotating them and they've got a home heavy schedule, that's fine. Like you mentioned, it's mostly mostly home games for him, so more of a daily league or a deeper league type of play. Let's get into the trade rumors, Gray, There's all sorts of stuff that could be happening this time of year. Let's just let's just randomly consider what could happen and think about some of the fantasy possibilities. This is some of this is sometimes easy way to get ahead of the crowd and just kind of grab a guy who might be useful in the future for for very little. So let's talk about some of these. Everson Hancock is likely to move on, it seems Seattle has mentioned that he's available.
Speaker 2: Luis Castillo possibly on the move as well.
Speaker 1: From there, there's a number of teams that could be landing spots for him, Braves, Cubs, Astro's, Phillies, Brewers, Rays, Yankees. I would have said the Red Sox, but you know, if they needed an arm you would have thought they to hang on to early. So I don't know about that. What are your thoughts here in regards to kind of the situation there, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have so I think Hancock and or anyone the Mariners trade Hancock specifically, I don't. I think probably gonna lose value, like wherever they go, because, uh, Seattle's a really good part to pitch in. So it's probably gonna be a negative for Hancock. Even if he goes to a better team like say the Braves or the Phillies or something like, it's still it's it's gonna be a negative because of the part change. But with that said, and it really does sound like Hancock is gonna be moving because like which we call the Mariners really, I mean they need him that they need him out to bring up Kate Anderson. And I think I think that's really like that's the real point of like you know, discussing the Hancock trade, because like if Kate Anderson, like if Hancock moves and Kate Anderson's brought up, Anderson's like a difference maker, So I would be like be all over like stashing Kate Anderson right now. Like that's probably probably like the number one stash because like the only reason the Mariners, like the Mariners aren't like you know there, it's like why are the Mariners moving, Like why are they even talking about moving Hancock? Like it doesn't make sense because like the Mariners are in the thicke of things. But when you think about it, it's like they want to move them because they want to bring up Kate Anderson. That's the only reason to move Emerson Hancock. Because Hancock's been fine, He's been good actually, so you're only moving him for one reason, and that reason is the guy you should be stashing. So I think you know, Hancock's probably gonna lose a little bit of value, but Kate Anderson should be stashed right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why Lewis Gesteo is also in that mix because right now they're going with the six man rotation, and you know, those two would be the oddment out if you're looking at it. Bryce Smeller, Brian Who, Philbert Kirby, They're not going anywhere, so it would be be those two that are kind of the oddment out. And as you mentioned, Ken Anderson has been great, you know, in the minors, and he is, you know, if not the number one pitching prospect in the miners, he's among the top guys.
Speaker 2: He has seventy seven innings in the minors. He is a one two seventy or eight six four whip and this is a double A. He is a forty one.
Speaker 1: Point seven percent strikeout rate and a three point six percent walk rate. Gray he did throw one hundred and nineteen innings at LSU last year, so he could potentially get to you know, one thirty one forty pretty pretty realistically. And you know, given that there's ten to thirteen starts five innings each time, but I mean it does seem realistic. He can actually pitch, come up, pitch and potentially and finished the season out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, completely, Like I I feel like like his numbers are a ludicross, bro, They're ludicras. I mean, they're just so crazy that you're like, if this guy, I mean, and in Seattle, which is a good park to pitch in, you know, for home starts, you give him ten ten starts of you know, you give him say fifty innings start or even forty forty to fifty innings starting next Monday in the majors, Like I yeah, I mean, it really could be, like we could be talking about like a difference maker in every league, even the shallowest of mixed leagues. I could see Kate Anderson making a difference. So yeah, he's gonna be He's gonna basically be like the probably no matter what happens with like every other trade that goes on, Like you know, Tarik's Scoobale getting traded from the Tigers, say like nothing's coming up, nothing's replacing Scooball. That's gonna be like oh wow, okay, like let me grab Drew Anderson. It's like it's not gonna matter. So yeah, Kate Anderson. Man Kate Anderson, not Drew Anderson. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really hope we get to see him this year, whether that be via trade or you know, if they just decide they're gonna bring him up and let him throw, then then so be it. It'd be great to see him come up. Gray. In regards to Emerson Hancock, I would I would be concerned if he does move. His issue has always been the home run ball, and if he moves outside of Seattle, I just don't know if he can maintain kind of the better, better home run numbers that he's had this year that that feels like a bad predicament for him to fall into. I say this because the Cubs are pretty much the front runner right now. It seems like to get him and that is not That's not really who I want the Cubs be going to get, But it's not for me to say. Plenty of other big names talk about in the trade Verver Mill Gray, you mentioned trade Schoob Ball, Framber Valdez could also be moved from that spot. Like you said, I don't think there's a whole lot to take from Detroit there. Would you be concerned about either of them moving from Detroit. It is a good part for pitching.
Speaker 3: I would be concerned if you were still starting Framber Valdez, if you were, if you were not, if you were possibly in a coma. I mean, I guess in a fifteen team mixed league, you have to do what you have to do. But I've moved on from Framber, and like you know, I dropped them in our RCL league like two months ago. Not that that helped my team, but I did drop them like two months ago. I mean, he's he's been awful. So Framber is not getting better. If they trade him, I don't even know what they're gonna get. I mean, Frambers, like Frambers legitimately hit a wall this year and it's not good. Like his numbers, like his underlying numbers look like like he fell off a cliff basically, and then Scooble. He's gonna be good wherever he goes. So I'm not really concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. C J. Abrams also be on the moves, and we'll talk about him with the Fed.
Speaker 2: Fellow shortstop Zach Neto.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It feels like both of those are a big payment. But you know, somebody might make it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I wonder, I wonder what the uh because the Angels seem like an especially dumb franchise. So I wonder if I wonder what they'll actually get for a Neto, if they can get anything for him. But I don't. I don't really like. Neither of them strike me as like guys that are gonna take a hit in vat you If anything, it might value might get better for both of them, Like if Abrams follows mead over to Boston, abrams value goes up, or if Nido goes to like you know, I don't know, the Yankees or something, his value goes up, like you know. I think both probably are going to be a positive in value if they get traded. I doubt either of them will be negatives if they get traded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree. The best closer in baseball could get traded again in Mason Miller. I mean that he's just gonna be awesome wherever he goes. There's nothing really to discuss there. Hunter Goodman could get moved, Mickey Moniac Jack McCarthy's teammates, they could also be on the move.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's always got to be concerned on anybody moving Colorado.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, yeah, no, totally. You know, the Rockies are you know, Rockies and Angels are in their own little basket of dumb and like I really feel like like the Rockies, I don't know. I mean, maybe they trade guys, but I always feel I feel like they just go down with the ship and then like end up instead they'll end up giving like Hunter Goodman, like a twelve year contract for like four hundred million, and he'll be like, well, I'm done playing. I just retired.
Speaker 6: They'll just yeah, yeah, it'll just be like, oh, that's the end of that's the end of my playing career, I guess. And you know with Moniac and McCarthy, like also like what I don't understand, Like I guess they don't want to maybe like they don't want to resign these guys because you know, like one year deals and free agencies and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's a concern. I don't think the Rockies have concerns though. I don't think they're smart enough to have these concerns. So I mean maybe though maybe these are concerns of why they want to trade them before like they go they sign big deals next year, but like, I don't know, I mean, I just I find it hard to believe the Rockies are gonna be smart enough to trade guys like it was like, you know, the Angels not trading Otani like his last year's contract, Like why why would you not do that? But they didn't. So yeah, you know, I don't know. Maybe the Rockies do trade them obviously. I mean, they're all gonna take hits except for Hunter Goodman. Moniac and McCarthy will take huge hits. Goodman he won't take a hit because he actually hits pretty well on the road, So I think Goodman will be fine, but Moniac and McCarthy will get a little bit of hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I would still say Goodman's gonna take a hit. Just even if he hits fine on the road, He's still not gonna be in Cores to hit. You know. His average actually is better on the road this year, So there's there's that.
Speaker 2: But just moving away from Cours has other effects.
Speaker 1: And just the way that you see the ball, the way that things happen, So I would assume everybody would take a hit there. But yes, he would be least concerned about Hunter Goodman. Sandy al Contra long term, long time Miami Marlin could be on the move from there potentially, Gray, what are your thoughts on him leaving Miami.
Speaker 3: It's like I feel like every year we talk about Sandy al Kintara possibly moving and the Marlins never trade him. Yeah, I mean they should trade him. He's another guy like like, uh, similar to Framber actually, like al Kantara's underlying numbers are pretty ugly, Like Sandy al Kintara is not the guy he was four years ago. Uh three, four years ago. He's not that guy anymore. Like his numbers look bad, Like Sandy al Kintara's numbers look like like a number five to six in a fifteen team mix league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's still gonna give you innings.
Speaker 1: I could definitely see somebody grabbing him, just if you have a young pitching staff, which I guess I'm just talking about the Rays at this point.
Speaker 2: You have a young.
Speaker 1: Pitching staff that you're not sure about the innings. You know, Sandey o Contra feels like a really good addition there. You know, I don't think he's the guy you bring in because you're making a World series running you need an ace. But he could definitely be a three to four for somebody. I mean, I would say the four year A the one two with that feels about right for him. Like I wouldn't necessarily say he's been overly lucky or unlucky this year. There are some peripherals that do not look great, but I think some of that's just in the bad you know, starts that he's had that have blewing him to a four year A. So maybe he's like a four to two four, three, but that's still fine as a three to four if he's going to give you innings. Like you said, the New Orleans and are always talked about as sal and and somehow they just don't move the guys we assume they do. Foster Griffin is also a guy that's been been thrown around in the rumors the Nationals clearly looking to potentially make some moves. You know, it feels like a guy that's you know, it's the right time for him the move. He's a thirty year old, thirty one year old former Japanese pitcher after failing in the US. So what are your thoughts of Foster.
Speaker 3: I like the idea of a guy becoming a former Japanese person Picture, you know, former former yeah picture who is formerly in the Japan League. No, I understand what you mean.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it happens in in soccer grade and FIFA. It happens all the time. People change the nationalities and uh, you'll play for a different team the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, formerly formerly of the Republic of Congo. Gray now playing for Britain. Now playing for Britain. There's Gray Olbray.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Foster Griffin. I actually I wonder if the Nationals are kicking themselves that they didn't sign him for like even a two year deal, because he looks really good. If I were a team, I would be going after Foster Griffin, like more so than a couple of the guys we mentioned, more so than Sandy or Framberg, that's for sure. Foster Griffin looks solid. He looks like he could really like. I mean, I would be concerned about him in some parks because he doesn't keep the ball down necessarily, So I mean he does look like he's being a little bit lucky, Like it's not all beautiful, but I mean it looks better than a lot of the guys we talked about. So I think Foster Griffin. It'll depend where he goes, but I yeah, I like Foster Griffin a decent amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. Gray. Let's talk about some some teams you could be selling. The Mets obviously gonna be selling Freddy praulta Seamanaya definitely available. They would love for somebody to take on lou Bob, but I don't. I don't know who's gonna take take that terrible contract on uh And from what it sounds like, lind Door's not moved. So the one guy who could be interesting probably not.
Speaker 2: But what are your thoughts on.
Speaker 1: On those three? Per Alta and Aya, loo Bob. I mean, they've all kind of been fluctuatingly bad and okay at different times, except for loop Bob. He's just been bad.
Speaker 3: Loo Bob's been lou Bob has been bad for like, uh, like what like seven years out of like out of like nine or maybe like five out of seven, Like he's he's been more bad than good a lot of his career. The fact that he still gets a pass from like fantasy people who still are like, yeah, I think I'll try lou Bob in the eighth round, Like I don't know, man, I don't work for it. I mean it could like it happens every five years. He's good. Yeah, I don't know, man. They like Freddy Parolta. I was saying on ras Ball yesterday or whenever I was saying it. Uh, Freddy Parolta actually is a good case example for why like the Mets should fire their pitching coach because like, Paralta isn't this bad, but they cannot fix him at all. So actually I could see Paralta getting better if he goes to like you know, maybe go back to Milwaukee. You'll be like, oh, thank God. But yeah, I mean it'll depend on where some of these guys go. I mean, if I'm the Mets' I'm sending everyone away like goodbye, I would even I'd even get rid of Lindor honestly, like it's you know, it's like rebuild time, man, like figure out rebuild around Sodo, like figure out something.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So no Binge, they stay, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean I guess Baby stays because nobody's gonna take him, and nobody's gonna take Bashett, but everybody else can go. I mean, maybe Toronto would take Michelle if he picked up some contract. I don't know, but let's talk about Toronto, because they're not buying either.
Speaker 2: They're they're selling everybody who's old.
Speaker 1: Everybody who is over twenty eight, twenty nine years old can go for them. Gospin, Beaver, Sureser, They're they're all on the block. Springer bar Show, he's with Sanchez if anybody wants him. Jeff Hoffman if anybody wants him. Any thoughts on these guys, Greg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I mean, if I'm the Jays, I'm I'm absolutely I'm absolutely selling a bunch of those guys. I think Gossman is underlying. Numbers aren't bad, so I think Gossman actually could be better just in general, So I think he could be a decent like acquisition potentially. But yeah, I mean it kind of depends on where these guys go. For the most part, I would trade, I would be selling if I was the Jays, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. Let's talk about some of the reds Gray. They continually disappoint us and this season is no different. But Brady Singer, he's gotten it together. He can definitely be on the move. Anio Saras is sixty four years old. He could definitely be traded Tyler Stevenson, Nate Low, Amelio Pagot if anybody would be willing to take another shot at him, but they missed their window last year trade him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no completely, I yeah, I mean the Reds are the Reds are only good in our minds in March.
Speaker 2: Look, Ellie, he now free prospect that we liked.
Speaker 3: Reds every March. They're good. So yeah, they're I mean they should be selling. I mean, I don't even know what's going. Yeah, like Yohennio Suarez. I still kind of believe he could get hot at some point, and he can hit a home run in any stadium, so you know, it's just a matter of him getting hot. It doesn't really matter whether he's in Cincy or if he's in New York playing for the Yankees, or if he's in like you know, Seattle, I mean, like he can home or anywhere. But yeah, I would be training them though if I wear the Reds for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Texas. You know they are in first place, so doubtful they're gonna sell. But there were some forry secret rumors I saw, and he duryas building well, and really this is just a roundabout way for us to talk about Sebastian we gonna see him.
Speaker 3: Bring yeah, you know, I don't think so. I don't know. I mean maybe in September.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'd be kind of shocked if they if they bring them up, because like, like it's one thing to bring up Kate Anderson because there's a legitimate reason there.
Speaker 3: To fill a spot. I feel like if the Rangers are bringing up Walcott, it's like, why, like just keep them till next beginning to start them next season? You know, I don't know. Maybe it's hard to say. I'm more jazz for Kate Anderson though than I am Walcott. I mean, Walcott could be good though. If he gets called up, I would definitely pick him up, don't get me wrong. But I just feel a little more doubtful that he's coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's he's coming back from the UCL injury. So even though he's you know, he's not a picture, it's not like the end of the world.
Speaker 2: There's probably some call being taken with him.
Speaker 1: That being said, in ten games back this year, he's hitting three eighty five.
Speaker 2: With two runs and three stolen bases.
Speaker 1: So I could I could actually see the Rangers potentially moving on from Corey Seeger if somebody gave him the right offer them probably being the Dodgers, that just feels like the right thing. But you know, I don't know the Dodgers nestally hurting to get Cory Seger back in their lineup either then you got him in bets to really disappoint you consistently at the middle infield positions.
Speaker 3: So maybe not. And also I will say I'm so pretty lukewarm on whatever the Rangers are doing with prospects because like, why Langford and Evan Carter they couldn't have came up with more hype, And I gotta be honest, I'm underwhelmed. I think it's a lot. It has a lot to do with Arlington too, Like it's not it's not necessarily all on Langford and Carter's shoulders, Like Carter probably a little bit more. Yeah, yeah, Langford could, Like I feel like Langford could get traded to the Yankees tomorrow and be a superstar. Like I I I think it really like Arlington sucks the life out of bats, Like it's just not a good place to hit as a as a hitter.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. And we kind of just need Langford to stay healthy a little bit, and honestly, getting away from Turf might help him if that could ever happen, because you know, Turf is known to be terrible on long legs, so everything he's had could be a little bit related to that. We always talk about the Pirates selling. I feel like I've talked about Mitch Keller and Brian Reynolds moving on from there for the last five years.
Speaker 2: And it hasn't happened. Do you think this is the year? Uh?
Speaker 3: I wish. I wish the Pirates would be buyers, to be honest, I yeah, but yeah, I mean they might sell those guys, It's possible, I don't think so. I feel like they're just gonna They're gonna write it out, is my guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That feels like the Pirates way for any kind of middle season. They're just gonna They're just gonna sit still with whatever they've gotten and go with that.
Speaker 2: The A's, you know, even if they.
Speaker 1: Wanted to try and compete, they don't have They don't have the players. They're all injured now. Jeffrey Springs, Hogan Harris feel like the most obvious ones there. You know, I think if jeff Springs went to a spacious park. He could be interesting. He's always been pretty solid outside of Bing Bong, so I really feel like he could be Okay, Hogan Harris is.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a setup guy or a middle reliever, so probably not a.
Speaker 1: Whole lot there, But maybe we get a glimpse of Leo Devrees before the season's outbreak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I could see that potentially, maybe like I don't see it happening immediately after the deadline, but maybe like a couple of weeks after, like end of August, beginning of September. Yeah, it's possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And well I don't expect Jacob Wilson to move, so probably moving to third base would be my guess. He's got a little bit of time there. But he could also move the second I mean the second base is the easiest the position to play and pretty much just the opposite side of shortstops, so should be an easy transition either side.
Speaker 2: The Padres.
Speaker 1: They roster three catchers, so would be surprisedy one of them move, especially with Ethan Sallas in the minors.
Speaker 2: Do you think we see Sallas or just two blocked.
Speaker 3: At the Carol, I'm actually I'm gonna I'm gonna search because I feel like the Padres don't have anyone in their minor league system. Do they have a Triple A team. I can't believe it. The Padres do have minor leaguers. I really I thought they traded them all away, not a single one of Triple A though.
Speaker 2: They're just running out a Padras.
Speaker 3: The worst thing that Padres can do right now is win like the next couple of days and Preller to be like, let's get rid of Sallas and bring in Hunter Goodman, Like, what are you doing? Man? Chill out? Yeah, I don't think we see Sallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah I would love to, but yeah, I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: Saint Louis they have a real young roster, no, no real obvious trade candidates. But we see Josh Obias this year. He has absolutely been destroying Baseball's Yes.
Speaker 3: It's kind of ridiculous. I really hope we don't go through like next March. It's like Bias is gonna break camp. He's gonna be with the Cardinals and then and then I roster him for three years while he struggles, and then he has the Jordan Walker breakout in twenty what's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Why the Cardinals keep doing this to me?
Speaker 1: Can we d him Jordan Walker and have him bring Bias to you know, his drive line training instead of going with the Cardinals training.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, instead of Joshua Bias getting in the cage and talking with large new bar please.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think we see Bias this year, but I do think he's breaking camp with the team next year and he's gonna be fantastic in three years. Absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the tools are so loud.
Speaker 2: He absolutely destroys baseball Gray.
Speaker 1: I mean, he has thirty one home runs this year in ninety games at Triple A. Last year across the Miners Gray, in one hundred and seventeen games, he stole fifty four bases.
Speaker 2: Like, the tools are just ridiculously loud.
Speaker 1: On Bias. He does have a thirty per strike out right right now Triple A. But like he is, I mean, he's just messing around. He can't even really be playing that hard. He's just like guys, But when am I getting in the call like this is this is ridiculous, Like you're playing Blaze Jordan over me right now? And Nathan Church like come on, let's let's figure this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, totally. Yeah, I think they're uh, I think they're going to start the clock next April. But we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really hope we see him this year because I have him in the NL only.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know that we are. Let's talk about somebody else that could be traded for are traded by the Cardinals, and that's going to start our saging off the O'Brien. Would they move him? Great? I mean, I mean, why not. They're they're not in the window of competing. He's a thirty year old closer.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, totally no, I agree, Yeah no, why wouldn't they move home?
Speaker 2: But who's up next? That's what we need to know.
Speaker 3: I would say I'd probably go Striano next. I really feel like closers could, like the closers on the move really feels like it opens up the most opportunity at the trade deadline because like, if you need saves now is like the best, Like, as you're listening to this, stop listing, pause, pause this podcast for a second, they go pick up any handcuff you can think of, because right now, like there's gonna be closers who are traded and setup men are gonna move in and like take the jobs and possibly do well for the next like two months. Like, just because Soriano is not the closer right now does not mean he can't get like, you know, seven to eight saves, seven to ten saves like in the next two months and be you know, decent. So yeah, closers moving opens up a lot of opportunities. Whereas like you know, like whereas like the guys we were talking, like, you know, Kevin Gassman for instance, him moving, It's like, Okay, who's who's is name? Pearson? Still around? What's going? Yeah, So I would say definitely, uh, Soriano would probably be my my grab.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, anybody who knows from Baltimore, it's like, Okay, what prospect we're going to ruin next? Let's see who's.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, so okay, So, speaking of the Baltimore Orioles, is Jackson Holiday a NEAPO baby?
Speaker 2: The entire Holiday family just just be great?
Speaker 3: Like what's going on? Man? Come on, man, I'm thick of this. I'm sick of being fooled. Come on, seriously, is Jackson Holiday a NEPO baby? Sound off in the comments? Okay?
Speaker 2: In fairness, great.
Speaker 1: It could again just be that the Orioles have no clue how to develop any kind of prospect I mean, pitching, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: They just they can't develop prospects. It's it's awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, And you know, honestly, I thought that was for a moment there, I thought that was absolutely the case. Well, I think that is the case. But I also think, like Kyle Stowers, like, for for a moment there last year, I was like, oh, oh, the Oreos are really bad. Is really good. But now that's Towers is bad again. It's got less legs that theory. But I do think the I think the Oreoles they see those I could say this like the Oreos are either bad at developing, which is which is totally possible, or maybe they're just bad at scouting and they're they're drafting guys who actually aren't that good. But you know, I don't know. It's hard for me to say because I'm not really a prospect guy. But the Orea is definitely their history of developing prospects is not so good. It's a little bad.
Speaker 1: It's it's not good great at all. And I would say from a scouting perspective, like if anything. Maybe they listen to the crowd too much because everybody like universally agrees the guys that they have had are going to be phenomenal across the board, Like better understand, you know, we still think he is, but we've we've all thought he was gonna be great. Jackson Holliday, Dylan Beaver's, Kobe Mayo. I mean we can go back to like the Rushman like there's like there are guys who have universe sleep in the green An.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, totally, and I'm not that So I'm not that in the know when it comes to prospects. But it's also like is that the chicken or the egg, because it's like every scout is saying like, oh, Adalie Rushman's like he's the next Yogi Bearer, Like okay, we're a really old reference, but okay. And then he's like, you know, like a little bit better than Cabert Ruiz, Like okay, I mean he's fine, He's okay.
Speaker 1: Again, he's like, well, Yogi bearro would be if he got dropped into the two thousands without knowing.
Speaker 3: If he got dropped on his head. So it's basically no, it's Adelaie Rushman is like fine for what he is, but I mean the way they were talking when he was a prospect. But that's like I go back to like the chicken or the egg, like where scouts saying this and the Oreoles are like, well, the scouts are saying it. So I mean, it wasn't like they did stuff that was completely like and difficult to like what the scouts were saying, like they were legitimately following what everyone like, you know. But then it's like, but then is it just the scouts are like looking at what teams are looking at for the number one pick, and they're like, oh, yeah, that's you know. Then then the prospect writers are like, well they must know something. I don't. I don't know. I didn't think anything of Adelai Rushman, but apparently the Oreos deal, I don't know something. Something is definitely disconnected with the Oreos drafting and the Oreos development and the Orio's actual production. Something's not right for sure.
Speaker 1: You know. Maybe the key is actually that the prospects being developed really well in the minors and then the major leagues are screwing up. So maybe we just need to promote like everybody up in an organization for the oils and inspire everybody at the major league level because all these guys perform in the miners, they're all great through the miners, and they get to the O's and the O's like, forget everything those idiots taught you.
Speaker 2: We're gonna reteach you everything.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah, no, they're you're you could be totally right. Maybe it's like the last stop is the problem. Yeah, I mean could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's possible. Like I say this because for a long time, the Yankees prospects were always like, oh, they're they're you know, they've got three top name prospects. They were producing in the miners and they weren't producing in the majors and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, how did they still have three of the prospects?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I have to stop you there. Miguel Andrew Hart could still turn it. I will not stay from Miguel and Hart slander in this house.
Speaker 1: But it's just like, at least there's minor league production for the O's. Uh so, well, eventually maybe they'll figure it out. Let's keep going great, we'll otherwise we will talk about it's just nonsensically for the next thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: At least the Mets.
Speaker 1: Devid Williams and Luke Weaver could be moved obviously, if if dev Williams moves, it's Luke Weaver. But if both of them get moved, who is the next guy upgrade?
Speaker 3: I'd probably go Brooks Brooks.
Speaker 1: Rarely, Yeah, I mean I think that is. And if Luke Weaver for whatever reason isn't owned in your league because it's you know, a shallow league, or people are paying attention to how good he's been, I would just go grab Luke Weaver because there's a definite possibility he's gonna fall into they close the role if he's not.
Speaker 2: Traded as well, he wouldn't be is traded. He could be a closer because he's been phenomenal this season.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Over in Washington, everybody is on the block, which means our favorite Clayton Beeter could be moved or really anybody in that bullpen.
Speaker 2: Gray, But who do you think is gonna get saved?
Speaker 1: Resky out for the Nationals because even that question may not be Clayton Beater if he stays with the Nationals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. So like some of these teams, like if they become like you know, in the final two months if they go from like, you know, winning, you know, in the final two months, say a team is gonna win you know, maybe ten fifteen games, and you know, if they become a five win team, it's like, I mean, you know, I mean, the national will probably win more than five games the rest of the way, but at a certain point you also have to wonder if it's worth it. So if you're really I guess, if you're really struggling, yeah, I mean, maybe Eddie En maybe I don't know, Riley Cornholio, maybe Tom Cosgrove. I mean, there's it's a mess really in the Nationals bullpen, like a few bullpens, like I don't even really like Clayton, but in all a few bullpens, like you know, the Nationals for one, and like you know, the Angels and the Rockies or actually the Rockies bullpen's not that bad, but the Angels bullpen, yeah, I mean, yeah, it's pretty horrendous. Yates back mean, like it's like if those guys get moved, do I really want to mess with the guy behind them? Eh? You know, like some of these are like the Cardinals have you know, Soriano and Raley and the Mets like those that those are decent pickups. But some of these you have the way whether or not you really want to get bothered with them. And the Nationals is one of those teams where I don't even think i'd bother with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree, And I didn't even put the angels on here because there's there's nobody you want currently, So why would there be somebody? If they trade anybody? Over in Pittsburgh, Gregory Soto could be moved.
Speaker 3: I mean I really.
Speaker 1: Feel like that just means it's Nason Montgomery's job then, right, Yeah, No, agree, Over in Baltimore, they could trade everybody kid, trade Twelve's Cano. Let's just assume they all moved Gray. Is there anybody else that you want there?
Speaker 3: Uh No, then then it's probably I mean I would say probably Rico Garcia because he was getting saves earlier in the year. But yeah, then it then it might become a situation where it's not even worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's already been a really difficult situation to kind of handle, so then trading those guys would just make it even even more so. San Francisco, anyone could be available there, Killian brew Baker, j Eric Miller kind of are the three that are sitting at the top of the pecking order any any I mean, let's just assume none of them are moved. Gray, who do you like get that's Bullpen?
Speaker 3: No one, Yeah, I want to mess with the It's just I mean, the best guy I think so far has been Eric Miller, and he's been worthwhile as a reliever, but he only has two saves on the year, so it's kind of like, who cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, Eric Miller's been been really good. It just without any saves, without any wins, it gets really hard on rostering relievers. Royal's weak copy paste here right, Like nobody like even there's not even an Eric Miller in there. Like there's not a gym where you're like, oh, this person's been good. They're bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, there, they've been bad. I actually I think I I roster Alex Lying because he seems like he's the favored for saves, but he's been really bad. He's been very he's been very terrible.
Speaker 1: I agree he's the favorite for saves, but he has been he's been bad. The Cups they could actually be in the closer market. Jacob Web, Trent Thornton. We've discussed him, I think the last like three months running. But if you have a leading here before they make a trade bread closer.
Speaker 3: I would say Web. If they don't make a trade. But I actually just dropped Web in a twelve team mixed league because I well, I need I needed a starter, So it didn't really like that was my personal situation. But like Jacob Webb is is fine, and he would be the guy I would roster for right now. But I would be surprised if they don't bring in someone or you know, like Devin Williams is or Luke Weavers right there for the Cobs, Like why why would you go into the final stretch without a legitimate closer, right? I mean, I don't know. I feel like I feel like the Cubs are going to get a They're going to bring in someone one bone of bonus round the Dodgers. They get Edwin Diaz back, so that probably mutes any uh Tanner Scott saves value. So that's something to keep thinking. Keep in mind, the Dodgers always bring in someone from somewhere, so I wouldn't be shocked to see the Dodgers or you know, they have like Clayton Beader or Devin Williams pitching the seventh inning as something next week, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean even like you know, they like a roles could get moved potentially, that wouldn't even surprise me if the Dodgers, like, you know, we're just gonna.
Speaker 3: Go that's something. I yeah, I've been playing around with that because I got some pushback on the rolled as Chapman getting traded away, and I agree with you, like it wouldn't shock like why would Breslo not trade away Chapman just go to Whitlock as the closer and you could bring if you could bring in someone like or all this Chatman's not like completely replaceable, right, Like it feels like that feels more of a no brainer than Connolly early for Curtis Mead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean if we're just if we're just being honest about the Red Sox, they're not.
Speaker 2: They're not a World Series roster currently, So I.
Speaker 3: Don't see how anyone thinks they are, Like really like, I don't want to be a hater my whole life, but you look at their team and you're like.
Speaker 2: Who's the offensive threat that's carrying this team?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not a good team.
Speaker 1: Who is the who is the pitcher that's like Sunny Gray's like he has to take a walker out to the mountain. He's the one you're saying, is like the guy who's gonna carry you through the entire layoff run like one guy.
Speaker 3: I feel a little bit. I feel a little like a crazy person when people are like, well, the Red Sox just rattle off fifteen straight wins, There's no way they're sellers now. It's like, really, like why why would why are they now? Like their team's still a mess, Like you realized that, right. I'm sorry. I hate to say it because I don't want to. I know there's probably Red Sox fans listening, or they used to listen at least before this France. But I mean, there's just no way the Red Sox are a legitimate and tender. I'm sorry, it's just not real.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. I mean it's like I'm a I'm a Cubs fan. Their they're starting rotation is not at that level. Hopefully they address it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, at least one can win a seven game series, like anything, anything can happen. But if you look at like you know, it's like, oh you got like will you're a bray you as they're like number three hitter.
Speaker 1: Come, let's compare the Cubs lineup to the Red Sox lineup and then you know some different differences or scene at this point, totally alright, great waiver wires. You give people some bats. I'll give him some some arms and we'll get out of here.
Speaker 3: Okay. So uh so Cooper Pratt actually has been pretty hot rate recently. He's been uh he's been hitting for a little bit of power and stealing bags uh and hitting for average, so uh grab him, uh if he's out there. And then there's also I hate to say it, but he's at the he's at the top five on the Seven Day Player Raider. Louis Rengifo he's oh I thought he was? Is he is that with k O? This is the We had the kb O k b O into our seven Day Player Raider. Another guy who's back Baby Christian and Carci on Strand is at the top of the Seven Day Player Raiders. So he's hot. Ty Franz has been hot, Jacob Young, Jeff Neil Joey or tease Patrick Bailey on the Guardians he's been hot. Joe mack Marlins catcher, so we got catchers there, Jay Cronebert's actually been hot, Tyler Locklear, Cedric Mullins. I feel like Cedric Mullins is hot every week and for some reason on the season he's just not very good. I don't understand how that's work. That's what's happening there. Alex Baum had a big Sunday and now he's hot. Andrew Vaughan hit a home run on Sunday as well, he's hot. Chase Madriff has been hot, also hit a home run on Sunday. And then finally Michael Massey has been hot. So there's some names for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ellie pitching side.
Speaker 1: Brady Singer gets a two star week versus Cleveland versus Pittsburgh, Brandon Fat at Pittsburgh. Con pree Lip has gotten it together he is at Seattle, Christian Scott versus Miami, Merril Kelly at Cleveland, Matthew Liberator at Toronto, Robert Gasser at the Angels, Tanner Bbe versus Arizona. Yeah, there's there's some good ones. There's there's a lot of bad matchups out there among the streaming pitchers. So it's a little bit of fire right now, especially as we're in late July early August. Give it like two more weeks, three more weeks, and you'll start getting some of the you know, the team's really giving up, and then then we'll get back into good streaming sect sets for us again. If you have any more questions, you can find us on x I Am at rasbeat on grayas thet rasball account. You can find us on YouTube dot com slash rasball Fantasy, or in the common section on rasball dot com as well. Major lineups before perfect and may you start chasing down those titles.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 3: Great, all right, lads. Fuck