Speaker 1: The Pet Milk Program with Fipper McGhee and Mollie. The first evaporated milk Pet Milk presents Fipper McGee and Molly, with Bill Thompson, Gail Gordon, Ivak Bryant, and me Haddow Wilcox. The show was written by Bill Leslie and Keith Fowler and directed by Max Hutto, with music by the Kingsman named Billy Mills Orchestra. Some foods just naturally go together, like bread and butter, ham and eggs and coffee and pet milk. Lots and lots of folks who used to take cream in their coffee now use pets evaporated milk, not just because pet milk costs so much less, but because it makes coffee taste so good, gives coffee the creamy color and mellow, satisfying flavor that coffee drinkers.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you why pet milk is so right for coffee. The pet milk people take good sweet country milk and remove more than half the water by evaporation. The result is a concentrated milk which doesn't make your coffee taste weaker or watery, just makes it taste better. And think of it for the same amount of money you'd spend for coffee cream, you get more than twice as much PET evaporated milk. So for extra enjoyment, for extra economy in your coffee, use PET brand evaporated milk. Get several cans at your grossers tomorrowo. Statistics prove that there are two distinct types of duck hunters. There's this strong, silent type of sportsman who shoots.
Speaker 2: Well and talks little.
Speaker 1: And there's mister McGee, a little rigee.
Speaker 3: Holler, that's sir.
Speaker 4: I can hardly wait for tomorrow morning to get out here, Molly, to get here boil boiling daylight breaks over Dugan's lake. I'll be mowing down the mallards.
Speaker 5: What's the mallard day?
Speaker 4: Nothing? What's the malard with you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: A mallard duck. It's a duck money, a wild duck.
Speaker 5: Well, McGee, I wish you wouldn't shoot at those poor little royal stracture.
Speaker 4: You're looking at the dead shooting this, never missing this duck buster in town, Kiddo, when I bear down on a moving mallard of might, trust the old twelve gage. That duck's as good as stuff with wild rice, right, there.
Speaker 5: The last one you brought home was stuffed with bebes. As I recall, it took two of us to lift it.
Speaker 6: On the platter.
Speaker 4: That was just careful shooting, did that money? I took such careful aim at that duck the twelve other hunters, and even before I did, I had to shoot him on the way down.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know why you fellas should be so proud of shooting those innocent little ducks, Maggie, I swear I don't.
Speaker 5: Why don't you pick on something your own size?
Speaker 4: Oh well, now that just seemed practical to see I shoot something my own size. We couldn't even get it in the oven.
Speaker 5: No, I guess not.
Speaker 4: And besides, it's not just the shooting, Molly, it is sport of the thing it is. It's the great man, the man give and take companionship. The three good pals like I on Latrivia and Doc Gamble get out of going hunting together.
Speaker 7: Do I seem to remember that you three piles had quite an argument the last time, something about who shot a certain duck.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, Doc Gamble did say that anybody else who claimed it was a dirty, sneaking thief, and Latrivia made some master remarks about a dishonest, memoral scoundrel. Ah, but I did can get into it. I just sat there like a gentleman on the duck.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad you kept your dignity.
Speaker 4: I kept the duck too.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I better get busy here and start getting hunting stuff together. I guess now here.
Speaker 2: Hurry, what's here?
Speaker 7: Hurry?
Speaker 5: The boys won't be here to pick you up until four am.
Speaker 4: You said, Well, you know me, I'm always ready early since when since the time I was late and they went off without me. Now, let me see, I got my shotgun out, and hey, where's my shotgun? My shotgun? You see my shotgun right.
Speaker 5: There on the piano daries where you put it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Thanks, it's my turn to bring the shelves for everybody too.
Speaker 1: For all all three of us.
Speaker 4: So I got the gun. Where's that box of shells? Youve seen the box of shells? I put it down there by the door. Why end it there now by the door, because that's the front door.
Speaker 5: And you put it down by the kitchen door.
Speaker 4: Oh well, and where's my duck call?
Speaker 5: What's that's sticking out of your shirt pocket?
Speaker 4: That's my duck called? Now let me see if it's worth Okay, a.
Speaker 5: Little plot, McGee, can you really pull the dush?
Speaker 6: Is one of those.
Speaker 4: Things I'll say you can when I'm really trying. Where this baby, anything can happen. I let go a blast on this thing out of Dugan's Lake last fall, and three moose can busting out through the bushes right behind me.
Speaker 5: Heavenly date, I didn't even know we had most.
Speaker 4: Around here either, Diani, but they all had them badges on that said Loyal Order of Moose Lodge number ten. Seems the car busted down up on the road and they're walking.
Speaker 5: Down there just a minute in. Hello, miss Terel timer.
Speaker 1: Cave Tive daughter, Hi Johnny, what youre doing with the shot gun?
Speaker 8: Going hunting?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm going after some ducks, the dukes.
Speaker 1: How you should mention hunting, Johnny commands me of the hunter I used to be when I was here southwest? Oh, I ever tell you kids about when I was about.
Speaker 4: West fifty times at least?
Speaker 1: Well, this will make a fifty one ship wift was full of buffalo on them day. Yeah, oh oh. I decided to get myself a partner and do some buffalo.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I looked up an Indian chief name of Bashful Beaver who lived in the wigwam with hot running water.
Speaker 6: My goodness, I'm modern.
Speaker 1: Hot running water was a square daughter, I see butter Paishful Beaver didn't think I could choot good enough to hunt with him, so we had us a contest. Took turns shooting at a poker chip we had set up half a mile.
Speaker 4: Away, half a mile away.
Speaker 1: Yep, parishful Beaver shot curst and missed fire shot four times, put four holes in the poker chip. And I still use it for a pants button.
Speaker 4: No, I hope it holds up better than that story did, because I'm believing.
Speaker 1: So after we killed all the buffalo why not Texas wazeers and started hunting out lockheads. Yell yes, I come across a fellow named booth Hill Mortars toupus out lawn, Texas quick as a price.
Speaker 9: Hey, thank my gun?
Speaker 4: Did you shoot? Did I shoot it?
Speaker 1: I shut out the lights, shut out the door, shut up the alley, shot down the road. And I've been in Texas City billymails the orchestron when buddhas smiled.
Speaker 9: Us of a.
Speaker 4: Let me see, I got my gun. I had iron for the scratches when I fall down in the brush my hip boots all go at, what did I do with my hip boots? Where was my hip boots? I had my hip Oh, I got 'em on. Well, let's see.
Speaker 5: Did you take the butter out of the ice box. It's sitting on the kitchen seat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Put it back.
Speaker 4: Now get or I'm through it. The boots are okay. The boots, yeah, my hip boots wouldn't go on on a on account of my feet must have sworn or something like this. So I had the butter out to butter my heels a little. They're fine now, Heaven lead day. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, there's nothing like a well buttered kneal.
Speaker 7: I always say.
Speaker 5: Say incidentally, if you're looking for that wooden duck of yours, I moved it out on the back.
Speaker 1: Porch, my decoy.
Speaker 4: I hope you handle that carefle money. I just finished painting that decoy, touched up a little.
Speaker 5: Yes, I say, I'm gonna ask you about that. Why did you paint that duck with one eye clothed?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm trying out a new theory, Molly. That's a wooden she duck, you see. And I figured the heat ducks would flock around more if they think the she duck is winking at 'em.
Speaker 5: Heaven lead day is.
Speaker 4: Nothing sacred, gives her a kind of a koy look you see. I figure a koy decoy, especially a koy she decoy, will decoy more he ducks than the decoy that don't look coy. I I really need a boy decoy to go with it, because with the koi boy decoy to decoy the girl ducks and the she decoy to decoy the he ducks, I'll duck the decoy's and dugan's lake and decoy more ducks with those ducky decoys.
Speaker 1: Come in, come in quick.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, Molly, alright, powel.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello Heillo.
Speaker 4: Care to drop over tomorrow night for a duck dinner? Boy, I'm doc gambling.
Speaker 1: They're speaking of duck dinner.
Speaker 9: Pal.
Speaker 1: Kids are all alike that they huh, yes, sir, They just hate to come in at mail time.
Speaker 9: They'd rather stay out and play.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 1: But when mom bakes one of those delicious pet milk pumpkin pies for is there, everybody comes running. Nobody wants a dust dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, this is pathetic.
Speaker 7: Oh dear, I'm so embarrassed for the poor lad Nigee, the things he has to do.
Speaker 1: Father Mary Lee Taylor's Great Pumpkin prye recipe. Pumpkin pie made with pet evaporated milk is a favorite of good cooks the country over the.
Speaker 4: Country over dus Lake is pastard with.
Speaker 1: Cut picture that rich, creamy smoothness, that beautiful golden brown color, that delicious.
Speaker 4: Spicy flavor, just like a canvas back.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin pie is always a special dessert. And pumpkin pie made with pet milk, that good sweet milk evaporated to double richness, is an extra special treat on anybody's table.
Speaker 4: The p that got to do with Mary Lee Taylor's pet.
Speaker 1: Milk pumpkin pie recipe is featured at georg Rosy has stopped it.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, hey, try look ducky, I mean milky. Yes, you want to go with us? We're leaving at four in the morning. It's only eight pm now. That gives you several hours to get wrong.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, thanks style count me out. Oh aren't you a hundred mister Wilcox, Or indeed I am Molly. In fact, I expect to do some big game hunting this weekend, big game hunting.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a big football game in town, and I'll be hunting for tickets. O.
Speaker 5: The Willcox enjoys these little job.
Speaker 4: Yea, even the little vine one. Why he kills hisself, and it couldn't happen to a guy who deserves it more. Boy, I was worth four o'clock in the morning. I'm so cute.
Speaker 6: All look therey.
Speaker 7: Now you've got about eight hours before the boys get here. Let's step the alarm clock and then go to bed and get.
Speaker 5: A good night's sleep before you go.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a wonderful idea, you know. Can I take my duck call to.
Speaker 9: Bed with me?
Speaker 4: Then if I wake up, I can crack.
Speaker 6: Leave it here.
Speaker 5: Okay, you run on upstairs to bed. I've got a few little things to do and then I'll turn into a good night's sleep.
Speaker 1: Door. So they went to bed early, but the sleep they got wasn't too good. At regular intervals, a plaintive little voice cried.
Speaker 4: Out in the darkness, Molly, hey, Molly hm, what what is it? I I it's me, kiddo. You asleep not nowmally h.
Speaker 5: Somehow an elbow driven into my ribs seems to disturb me. Huh, just sensitive.
Speaker 4: I guess what's the trouble. Are you sure you set the alarm clock?
Speaker 7: Course, I'm sure it can't be more than twelve o'clock. And you wake me up six times since we went to bed.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry, kiddo, I'm just on it.
Speaker 9: Well, get off your edge and try sleeping on your back. Good night, good.
Speaker 4: Night, Molly? Hey Molly, hm hm uh, what it's me again?
Speaker 3: Who else?
Speaker 4: Are my feet out of the blankets? Molly? I got a feeling my feet are uncovered. Oh d oh, I don't wanna catch cold. Can you see if my feet are uncovered?
Speaker 5: Do they feel like they're uncovered?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: I can't tell with these boots on.
Speaker 6: Doors?
Speaker 8: Lead good night, good night, Molly.
Speaker 5: Hey, Molly, you can spare the elbow, deary, I'm away.
Speaker 4: Oh say, do you suppose I'll call doctor the trivine remind 'em? You suppose they might forget it?
Speaker 6: No, they'll be here. Can't you sleep at all?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I can't get my mind off them ducks.
Speaker 6: Have you tried counting sheep?
Speaker 4: Whoever? It don't work all? She forgot web feet.
Speaker 5: We'll try again, yeah.
Speaker 6: Good night, you know, yeah, all right there, he's three thirty.
Speaker 5: Time to get up.
Speaker 6: Well, why do you know he's asleep?
Speaker 5: McGee? Wake up.
Speaker 4: Well us?
Speaker 5: This isn't it keeps me awake all night because he wants to go duck hunting. Well by the seven Sisters of maub Murphy. He's going.
Speaker 10: McGhee.
Speaker 6: Oh dear, there's the boys in early.
Speaker 5: Just a minute time, Tommy. I don't know what there is about a ringing alarm clock that makes him.
Speaker 3: Sleep like that, but he all uh, good morning, Molly, Oh my dear, come in.
Speaker 6: Boy himself is still asleep up there.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 6: His gear is all part of.
Speaker 4: In the living room except the shelves.
Speaker 5: I put them here on the hall table.
Speaker 4: Gud you going with us, Molly, DearS, why don't come along?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, thank you.
Speaker 8: Boys.
Speaker 5: I just hate to see you kill those pretty little ducks. But you go on and drag me Gee out of bed.
Speaker 6: Boys, I'll put the coffee.
Speaker 2: On banks, Molly. We'll get him up if we have to blast.
Speaker 1: Come on, doctor, yeah, I've got some matches in case we have to set the bed and file of the trivia.
Speaker 4: I've seen little d B Brain asleep before it's the nearest thing to complete hibernation. This side of a polar.
Speaker 2: There a polar bear is quieter.
Speaker 3: Cause listen to that saw mill.
Speaker 4: I waste the time lat trivia.
Speaker 2: Throw the covers off him? Uh hat said?
Speaker 3: He grab his foot?
Speaker 4: I got the one, all right, Scott asleep with his boots.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what it is.
Speaker 4: I thought i'd grabbed a hot water bottle.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's yank him out of it.
Speaker 9: I've never even paid him.
Speaker 1: Frankly, I don't think the pleasure of his company is worth the trouble.
Speaker 2: But at this point I am just stuffing. So am I grab his foot again?
Speaker 10: Doctor, We'll drag him downstairs like pulling a sledge.
Speaker 3: Okay, ready, for goodness sake, all I think you're coming to.
Speaker 4: Did the clock go off?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 4: Amy?
Speaker 8: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 5: What am I doing?
Speaker 1: Down?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 6: So you're ready already?
Speaker 1: Let's go?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: My god, where's the whites?
Speaker 5: Aren't I can't.
Speaker 9: The King's man man bad in Barbadian, by lad and Bob Elephant, by my common Bad and Baba my colon, then by my mother, and by now always spring weather.
Speaker 1: It's some of.
Speaker 4: Spring we like the first at the word a thing.
Speaker 9: This is my coad and mother the mother, then my cola, then bather the bad my coladn b elephant by my element bob element ba tell you why you can't be the fun?
Speaker 2: Where the care in your.
Speaker 8: Thing?
Speaker 9: A common uncomm cassy where to be and to your whether the make care your and you will try to say that common still never right?
Speaker 2: Keep moving, Fellas.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let's get down my mother lake and get settled before daybreak.
Speaker 2: Oh there's cold out here.
Speaker 1: That's so.
Speaker 4: You're flapping my ear mouse.
Speaker 10: I'll watch your step here because there's a deep mudhole right there. Walk around at doctor.
Speaker 1: Thank you have acted over your boots McGhee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never step in a hole in your life that there wasn't over your boots. And I hope it's drying that dust blind because I'm out here's our blind here Fellas home between those willows.
Speaker 10: Mm quiet now while.
Speaker 4: My guy sh you call this a duck blind just a corn stop fence with.
Speaker 2: A willow roof over If you don't.
Speaker 4: Like it, my boy, I have a suggestion and you don't have to do I guess, my guy, there's only one real way to make a duck blind well, how would you make a duck blind? Stick my finger in his eye? Don't you get it, Molly? I? Oh, she didn't come. Shall I shoot him the trivia or do you wanna match me for it? I'm afraid we can't shoot him unless he runs. The doctor against the law to shoot them sitting and say, okay, I'll cut the comedy getting light anyhow. Now look when them ducks start flying over you guys, watch yourself, because when I start shooting, I get a little frantic.
Speaker 3: You see, listen.
Speaker 4: The lakers Goldy go there?
Speaker 3: Can you see them way up there on the other side?
Speaker 4: Where and where?
Speaker 1: Oh? I see him?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Boy, boys, my trigger finger?
Speaker 1: Itch you well, scratch it and get your head down.
Speaker 9: Stare them all away.
Speaker 4: McGee down stupid, hand me the shells? Somebody boy think poor old boy? Well I murdered him. Not Now, I'll look for you guys. I'm a guest here, so I'll shoot first. I got a limit. Then you guys can go ahead and shoot it the next batch.
Speaker 1: Door and pull it.
Speaker 4: They're getting up out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, watch it just started and bring this way next.
Speaker 4: Missed. Nice shooting McGee.
Speaker 10: If you'd wait til they got just a mile or two closer, you might have hit Watch it, watch it, Hick.
Speaker 4: Comes to another flog. Now now let him get poster. Now, let him get poster. Don't shoot too fast.
Speaker 8: Now you got the hole.
Speaker 4: How many we get none? I Uh, I think I must be leading him a little too far. My sights must be bent a little, you know. One I shot at ducked. Just as I pulled the trigger, he swerved. Otherwise I'd have gone off the shoot.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: How many we get.
Speaker 2: None? I must be shooting high. I must be shooting law.
Speaker 4: The old dad rather a bunch.
Speaker 2: Gods that time.
Speaker 4: What's the matter with him? Got there?
Speaker 5: The four all.
Speaker 4: Well directed? Uh, I'll come on in the house. Molly'll make us some cough.
Speaker 10: Yes, she should be very pleased with us, fellas she didn't want us to kill those poor little ducks in the first place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, I forgot about that.
Speaker 5: Well, welcome home, mighty hunt.
Speaker 2: Uh that's nice thing about Hello.
Speaker 4: How was the duck hunting?
Speaker 5: How many did you get?
Speaker 8: None?
Speaker 5: Not even one?
Speaker 2: Not even one skunked? The lake was loaded with him.
Speaker 4: But week have but well, uh, look Doc and litervy, I I got a confession to make to you men. I didn't try to hit those ducks. What Oh no, sir, Molly felt so bad about us shooting 'em that I just couldn't bear to kill those little ducks. That's why I missed every shot on purpose. I am behind him every time.
Speaker 3: Well, you're sweet, dear, what an inspiration.
Speaker 2: Uh well, I may as well break down.
Speaker 3: Also, I I too turned ip outed my way it is.
Speaker 10: I could have murdered those ballads, but for your sake, I shot behind them every time.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 2: Well, you fellas aren't gonna ace me out on this thing.
Speaker 4: I can miss ducks on purpose too, Huh. I shot behind him too, Molly, every time, just for you, my dear.
Speaker 5: Ah well, I'm so glad it turned out this way. Boy evolved in so sweet that uh.
Speaker 6: Well, uh, I'll confess something to you.
Speaker 4: What I set up half the night.
Speaker 7: Last night, taking the bebies out of everybody's shelves and killing them up with sand.
Speaker 5: Well, for the love of war, Come on in the kitchen drive the ham and eggs are ready.
Speaker 9: Whever and Molly return.
Speaker 1: In just a Moon. When a young woman marries and starts to keep house, one of the first things she wants to learn is how to cook the foods their husband life, and pet milk gives you young wives to help you want because on every tall can of pet milk there's a husband tested recipe. Before any recipe is put on the pet milk label, it's sent out to homes like yours, where the wives try the recipe and report what their husbands say about it. And on pet milk labels you get only those recipes which have been given up big old k by the husband. This, of course, is just one of the extras you get when you get pet evaporated milk. Extra richness is another, because pet milk is double rich concentrated to double richness by evaporation. That means extra amounts of nourishing milk substances too. And then there's extra economy. For pet evaporated milk costs less generally than bottled milk or any other form of milk. So for husband pleasing recipes for extra goodness and extra economy, get pet milk, the first evaporated milk, the first choice of good cooks.
Speaker 4: Let me check that again, Lolly. You say the shells you put the sand in were in this box right here.
Speaker 5: Of course, that's the box of shells you boys.
Speaker 8: You theories.
Speaker 4: That's the box of shells that Doc in the trivia used. But I had a pock both from last year that I shot with what yeah good one? Yeah you mean yeah? I must have been shooting behind him.
Speaker 9: Good night.
Speaker 1: The first Evaporated Milk tetmail. Thank you Peter mcgea, Molly each week at this time, be with us again next Thursday Night Walk. Most women go to a fortune teller sometime in their lives, but probably not every woman has Young wife Sally Carter's experience, because right after the fortune teller visit, she gets unexpected money and three handsome men come into her life. And what Sally Carter discovers, any fortune teller would have had quite a time.
Speaker 4: Predicting, as you'll hear in.
Speaker 1: The story of the Week on pet Milk's Mary Lee Taylor program. Next time morning. On the same program, you'll hear the Pet Milk recipe of the Week for cranberry salad, a tempting and colorful salad that's easy to fix. For a double measure of good listening, Turniar Dials NBC next Saturday Morning for Pet Milk's Mary Lee Taylor. Next It's Big Town, then Playhouse on Broadway on NBCO