Speaker 1: He can come out whenever he wants. It's just like, look, we're here's what's gonna happen Wednesday. I'm gonna film some Evergreen stuff. I think I get into Vegas at like nine o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: But are you talking about March Madness or Super.
Speaker 1: Bowl March Madness? Because I'm gonna be in Sanrancisco for the super Bowl. Watchally I'm gonna be in Florida for the super Bowl. But the week before the super Bowl, I'm gonna be in San Francisco with Ariel for Radio Row.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you letting Brett come out here for the March Madness?
Speaker 1: For March Madness, he said he didn't want to come. I don't think I've.
Speaker 2: Ever called it the March Madness before.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're doing today.
Speaker 2: I've never said that before in my life. I don't know what that You know what I have. I haven't really been feeling great last couple of days. I think I'm just tired of NFL.
Speaker 1: You know, a NFL flew, you have NFL fatigue.
Speaker 2: Although we did have a we did have a great weekend. The sportsbook did really well this week.
Speaker 1: So all he did was bitch about the Bills and how they should have won, And I'm like, weren't they a huge live super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Why you guys, Well, they were really bad in the exactness, No, I said that we were all rooting for the Broncos. I just said the Bills got screwed. They did, but it was good for us.
Speaker 1: Listen, lots of teams get screwed. That I weigh your money on it just so happens. At this time it went my way. I mean, I can't lose every coin flip scenario with the refs, right like that statistically impossible.
Speaker 2: All Right, I agree with that. Yeah, that was a We did very well in that game. We did very well on the night game on Seattle. There's a lot of money came in at the end on the forty nine ers, I guess because like they were saying that Drew Locke was working with the ones on the field pregame. Did you see that tweet?
Speaker 1: I didn't hear that. By that point in time, I was just happy with the Broncos win and I didn't have anything on the game. And right down the gates touchdown Seattle, and I was like I could care less about this game and I want to sat outside of the fire and had a couple.
Speaker 2: Vivas did well in that game and we got the Niners futures out of there. And then I thought the early game Sunday sucked, but we were happy with the outcome. Patriots won. And then the Lake game that would have been like the home run for US if Chicago had beat the Rams and we had knocked all the Rams.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna admit it. I finally I think Sunday night broke me. I'm like, okay, now I hate the game. I have never hated this team or it's fan base, but now I hate them, Like, well, why would you make that You need to dink and dunk down the field and get in field goal range to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hated the Bears all season? You hated them? Not true.
Speaker 1: I was on Bears money line.
Speaker 2: That's why everybody everybody Chicago.
Speaker 1: Because they are soft and they don't like when somebody bets against their team, just like every other fam You know what's going after me this week? The Patriots, because I said, Drake May, I do not hate since win.
Speaker 2: You've been anti Patriots all year. You're a hater? I was, Yeah, you were.
Speaker 1: Last year. I was on the Patriots season win total over and they completely fucked me over. Oh. They had three games right out of the gate they could have won, and then they just sand bagged at the rest of the year. I do not hate the Patriots. I don't hate the Miami Dolphins. I don't hat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I don't hate CJ. Stroud, Okay, but like I was bitching about him throwing five interceptions and that they should put in Davis.
Speaker 2: Mills, well, CJ Stroud horrifying.
Speaker 1: That I got Miami Hurricane fans calling me a fucking bitch on Twitter because I said, there's the Carson back. We all know love. That was a perfect result for me. I was very happy the Carson did not make me sweat down late. But that's what I mean that regression comes back. Caleb Williams throws out late pick to kind of screw me over on Bear's one.
Speaker 2: Are we sure that DJ Moore didn't stop his route? I don't know. I mean I think we can.
Speaker 1: Blame Okay, So this is the funny thing I think that happens when a quarterback different.
Speaker 2: We have different opinions of funny.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, so where every c J Stroud had five interceptions.
Speaker 2: J Stroud was horrible in that game.
Speaker 1: Was it only him? Was it a couple of his receivers not running the correct route? What was it? Was it the weather and being unable to grip the ball? All I'm saying is it's funny how we want to blame offensive line. We want to blame receivers. Guys were running the wrong routes on some quarterbacks and then the other quarterball. He's just awful, and it's like, well, maybe his receiver ran the wrong route.
Speaker 2: I thought it's possible. I thought I thought Drake May played very poorly in that game.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I was saying. I said, I'm so happy that it doesn't. I had no dog in the fight. I said, it may. It warms my heart that the Bronco is gonna play one of these two, even because it's not fun. That bo Nix is out. That's not fun. Nobody's excited about that. You got Jared Sidham. There's a little storyline because he got drafted by the Patriots. Fine, big deal. Hopefully I get Baylor Jared Stidham and not Auburn Jared Sidham. But that's a whole nother argument in itself on Sunday. But the reality is, neither one of those quarterbacks looked great. And I think the Denver defense could get it a couple of takeaways and it goes Denver's way. That's all I was insinuating and everything. Drake May's runner up MVP. I'm like, I just say, in the past two against the Chargers, against the Texans. He looked like, ass, how about that?
Speaker 2: Can you say ass?
Speaker 1: On this show? I think so?
Speaker 2: No? Why?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But he get mad, these fan bases getting mad.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I was in the I was in our boardroom upstairs, and I said, I can't believe I said this in a meeting. I said, Bruce Jenner, I should have thrown myself out of the meeting for that. I can't. I can't believe I said that because he gat in trouble for naming him. Well, at some we were talking about, well, they've had the they've had a lot of Elvis related activities on this property here at the West Gate lately, and and some some viewings of some shows movies, and Linda Thompson came up. Linda Thompson was with Elvis Presley. Then she was with Caitlyn Jenner.
Speaker 1: No, she was with Bruce, because at the time it was Bruce.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, John Hoagland our producers with us. He made a face.
Speaker 1: But I know who she was with. She is gonna say Caitlyn Jenner. She's gonna say I used to date Bruce Jenner.
Speaker 2: Somehow we got on that topic.
Speaker 1: And I have no idea why, but I think you're being ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I just was so embarrassed with myself for saying Bruce Jenner. Uh, I don't know. I survived that meeting. Honestly, what.
Speaker 1: HR didn't even call you, so it wouldn't have been that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: It was a finance meeting. There wasn't any HR people in there. But if it getbody else.
Speaker 1: Was offended, HR would have called you. Oh yeah, do you know me not like HR queen. Do you know anytimes I've been called into HR?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 1: Like a lot? My favorite part was when I was a shop steward for the Union, which clearly not a big union girl over here, but I purposely made myself. I ran for the union rep spot so that I could fight with HR even more and make their lives a living hell, and it worked out until they found a way to fire me.
Speaker 2: Anyways, we got through the game Monday night. That was actually a great game Indiana Miami. I mean, if what I'll remember for that game is Miami probably wins if Indiana doesn't block that punt for a touchdown, it was really good.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a much better game. I was very happy with the end result for obvious reasons. But it was a much better game than I ever kind of thought it was going to be. I mean, I think a lot of people expected in Indiana route. I didn't necessarily expect that, but it wouldn't have shocked me.
Speaker 2: Great. It was a really good game we did. We saw some sharp money come in on Indiana on Sunday. You saw the market go mostly eight and a half to seven and a half. Some books on Monday got down to minus seven minus twenty on Indiana. So there was some really late sharp money on the dog and it got there. Although look it was what they were.
Speaker 1: Like sevens on odds logic, and I thought, oh boy, this is.
Speaker 2: Uh they were Miami. Indiana was up three late in the game, they had the ball and they got called for that false start and it moved him back five yards and then they lost yardage on second on first down. If they don't get called for that false start, the way their offense was moving, they probably score a touchdown there. Now, does that mean that Miami doesn't come back and score themselves to cover the number. I'm not saying that. I just think that that was a really critical moment of the game when they got called for that all start, because it slowed their momentum, and then they settled for a field goal, and then that was the final score, twenty seven to twenty one. I think, so good weekend. Happy with the weekend. Happy, there's only three more NFL games. Happy, there's a UFC event on Saturday and T Mobile. I'm gonna be there. I'll be at Tea Mobile, but here at the Westgate. We'll be showing the fights on Paramount Plus with the sound on. Of course, Patty go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, I was gonna say, can you believe that there are actually places in this world? I would call them bar restaurant hybrid type things. So we went out for the National Championship for Brettzmaum's birthday. Wanted to watch the game, have a couple of drinks, right, how many's a couple? I think I had three, it's more than a Yeah. So the place we walk into has the pregame on. Right, there's tons of my Miami fans, RIGHTA, I live in Florida. Tons of Miami fans in there. And it's five minutes before kickoff and I go, hey, are you guys gonna turn the sound on? Oh no, we don't put the sound on for games.
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: Well kill? And by the way, then they go, because it's a Monday, we close at nine pm. I go, guess you guys hate money. I'll take my check. We walk over to Twin Peaks with Grandma.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, I didn't want to go to Twin Peaks.
Speaker 2: But this is my gout inflectionable like, be flexible as a business, I think a lot of I think there are a lot of restaurants that are closed on Mondays or have short hours on Mondays. I think our steakhouse here is actually closed on Mondays. But if you're operating a place in Florida and Miami, Florida is playing in the National Championship Game, maybe you amend your schedule.
Speaker 1: And you're on the west coast of Florida where everybody from the Midwest lives, so there's tons of Indiana fans in there. I couldn't believe it when said they were going to turn the sound on. I was like, and you're gonna close before the game's even at halftime or we're just gonna go ahead and go now. And I would have much rather eat And I think I wanted to eat wings at Twin Peaks for dinner. No that's not I know that's your ideal dinner, not mine, but like I couldn't. I was like, I was kind of like, damn. And they had good margaritas too. I was excited to sit there and hang out. But I was just like shocked that. I know, you guys always have one sound, right because you're a big air in and you guys argue about who's going to be on.
Speaker 2: The sound, but at least so sometimes we'll divide the sound with the race side the ray because the race side can be something different. But on a night like that, of course, I mean the National Championship game, obviously, It's.
Speaker 1: Just it blows my mind that I think that they don't realize, like on a standalone event, right like I almost wanted to be like, so on Super Bowl Sunday, are you gonna have the sound on? Are you guys just gonna play music?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's possible that at that place you were at in Florida, that game was bigger than the Super I mean, if if the Super Bowl is Denver against the Seahawks, how many people in Florida care about that?
Speaker 1: Probably not. You're right, that's a really good point. Like, I don't know, that's a that's a good I don't know. I think I think I need to be like on bar rescue and like go around and like fix places and be like, here's where you're fucking up.
Speaker 2: You have no work history of owning a bar.
Speaker 1: I don't need to. I've worked at a thousand of them and can tell you exactly what you're doing wrong just by being in there for five minutes.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't have the strength to argue back, you're right, you should be on bar rescue. Well you're do you like that guy John what's his name, John Tapperffer?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Yeah, I think it's ahole.
Speaker 2: I like him, really, But that's but that's his whole job, This whole job It's like he's not gonna go in there and be like, well, it's okay. It's like, no, it's not okay. You're fucking everything up. You're gonna lose your business. All your employees are gonna lose their jobs. Pick it up, get yourself together.
Speaker 1: Thurston and we talked about opening up a beach bar down here. There's there's been talks. I think I'd rather do it in like El Salvador, though, right, like lower overhead, be the place that shows NFL somehow on the weekends, like the only place in the country, you know, like when people go travel and they cannot get the games and they're like, how no other bar.
Speaker 2: In the country. El Salvador shows NFL.
Speaker 1: Maybe not in the little beach town that I'm playing to living in.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, all right, market, you gotta figure out where the next upcoming town is where all the like white surfer kids have been going for twenty years. Get a cheap house, buy a beach bar.
Speaker 2: Come on, can you say, right, can you say white surfer kids?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about, those kids who like have mom and dad's money. And then you're just gonna go like surf different countries parts of the year. My girlfriend married one of those guys. It's pretty funny. Now they live in Hawaii, and he.
Speaker 2: Just all the thought, all the I thought, all the rich kids nowadays run for like political office and then like force socialism and communism, and everybody, isn't that what like rich kids do? Now, I'm not, Uh, they don't get jobs, they don't do that.
Speaker 1: They don't contribute to such college professors. They go straight from getting their PhD in being a college professor, and they're they think they're so smart in their field. And you're like you, like you just said to me, how are you gonna tell everybody where they're sucking up if you've never even done the job? But I have done the job. That was my argument.
Speaker 2: Well, you've certainly got a lot of experience in the bartending field. Are the waitressing bartending field. I'll give you that. I'll give you that. This week, this is a this is a big weekend for us. I don't I don't know if it's as big as the two previous weeks, to be honest, I mean I know that I know these games are bigger in the sense that the winners go to the super Bowl. But last weekend is so big with four games you know, to Saturday, two Sunday and then the championship game. And the week before you got the six games, you got the college games Thursday and Friday that weekend too. I feel like this week and last week was a holiday weekend as well, so I feel like this weekend's probably not quite as big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those those Mondays off are huge for Vegas, oh big time. I think people don't realize, like the King President's Day.
Speaker 2: You know, more people can stay for the late game Sunday, they can stay. They're not They're not all packing up to go to the airport on Sunday. Some of them are, but a lot of them are.
Speaker 1: That was just the argument. I was talking with Ariel, because we're getting on Wednesday, and that's a long time in Vegas, and I was like, are we flying home Monday. She's like, no, I'm flying home Sunday. I'm like, but they're still gonna be games on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the simply tournament the way they do it now, which one of the things I don't like about the current format is on Saturday Sunday, it's like one game, one game and then they have all the games, so Sunday you can't really leave Sunday anymore because then you're gonna miss all the second round games.
Speaker 1: I feel like I can't leave Sunday. I really feel like. I was looking and I was about to book my flight. I'm like, you're leaving Sunday. She's like, you want to spend five and a half days in Vegas. I'm like, I don't, but I gotta get their Wednesday to work. The games start Thursday morning. Is go time? Like that's what I'm doing. I don't know time.
Speaker 2: Go time in what sense? Go time for work or go time for like drinking and watching basketball both? Okay, good answer, good answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's gonna be a nice hybrid, and then Saturday is gonna be weird. So we're gonna ride with you or whoever is driving us to Allegiance for Luke Kong.
Speaker 2: The West Gate has a the West that actually drops people off right at the entrance. Right at the entrance.
Speaker 1: Great, it's perfect, but but even then, I'm gonna be in the suite for the first two opening acts watching college basketball on TV, Like, let's just.
Speaker 2: Be right, are you going with somebody?
Speaker 1: To that. Yeah, Ariel and her girlfriends are coming. Alex is coming, So Alex and I are gonna go in the suite. Kind of side is that today I'm revoking your invite. Alex and and Ariel and our friends are probably gonna go get like floor seats or something.
Speaker 2: You understand that I have to work because it is March Madness. Correct on some like on some level you do realize, and I have to work during March Madness, right, Okay, just making sure. I'm just making sure. Uh. Actually Sammy Panyatovitch is coming out from March Madness too. Yeah, man, so that'll be good. Uh yeah, what what you're going to? What what concert? Luke Combs?
Speaker 1: Luke Combs is Saturday, And it's like that means at like four o'clock, I gonna be like upstairs cowboy boots on, ready to like go. You get there like five thirty after having a couple of drinks at the Velvet Bar, and then you get there in the opening up. Luke's not going on till like nine o'clock on time.
Speaker 2: I guess I haven't seen any emails back and forth about what time the shuttle is gonna go over there.
Speaker 1: I'm misassuming, So I'm gonna miss that Like Saturday Slate, it's gonna drop, It's it's gonna be tough. And then Aeriel's like, oh, well, my girlfriend Brittany's never been to Vegas, so like she's gonna want to go do stuff. And we talked about this on a previous show, like have fun, Brittany, enjoy Vegas. Because I ain't leave in the Westgate super Book, I'm gonna sit in my little pod that John Murray got me and not leave for four days.
Speaker 2: I don't think we got her a pod, did we? That doesn't sound right. I never saw that email.
Speaker 1: Did you give me a booth? Then there's gonna be a lot of people coming to watch the games from wager Talk. We're gonna shoot content with John Hogland.
Speaker 2: I love John Oakland. He's great.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I told Aki can hang out with us.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hope I have a booth.
Speaker 2: Maybe we could like rope off a section of carpet and they could just sit on the floor.
Speaker 1: Stand there. We just stand there. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: I can stand the John said, we can get you some beanbags?
Speaker 1: Can we bean bags are fun? Can we ship in a palette of Viva. That's what I need to do, is don't you always do that? I got to do that.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, No, you can't have Viva at the sports book. That's outside beverage. I can't do that anyways. Topic change, quick, quick pivot. AFC Championship game is Sunday, early game Sunday, So a lot of conversation about this line. You know. I think there's a few times every year where you see a tweet that you just have to like quadruple check it to know that it's real. I think for me, the number one of all time for me was when Luka Daancic got traded to the Lakers. I mean I must have looked at that tweet five or six times. Yeah, and I still didn't believe it was real. I still didn't believe it was real. It was real. That's how I kind of felt about Adam Scheff.
Speaker 1: Was account and You're like, this isn't real, this is real.
Speaker 2: Possible way that the Lakers or that the that the Mavericks traded Luca Doncis for Anthony Davis, that somebody must have logged in to Sham's Tarani's account or Wojes's account, whoever it was and done that, that is impossible. Nobody could possibly be that stupid. So this one wasn't on that level for me. But I I did have to do like a triple take when I saw Adam Schefter's tweet the Bonux broke his ankle in overtime was out for the season. Jared Stidham would be going in at quarterback. Now, if you remember at that time, we didn't have a lineup because we didn't know who their opponent was going to be. This is before the Houston New England game, which was the early game Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did you guys do a look ahead?
Speaker 2: We didn't have that, Okay, I mean we we had had conversations about what it would be, and I think I think if I think, if if if Nix was healthy, I think you'd see this line being somewhat similar to the Buffalo game, where it's like, is.
Speaker 1: I literally said that in our group chat.
Speaker 2: With is New England like a one point favorite? Or is or is uh? Is Denver a one point favorite? You look at the Buffalo Denver game, Denver was favored or Buffalo is favored to start, Denver was favorite at the end at NFL games, it's impossible mathematically for them to land on one. Does not happen, So does it matter if the line is one? So I think you could have seen that. I think it would have been something similar. We opened this one, New England minus four got I think got as high as five and a half. Let me double check that. Click here. Yeah, got his highs as five and a half. Briefly back at four and a half. Now, so New England is a four and a half point favorite minus two fifty on the money line. I think i'd like to see New England win. Yeah, I'll be honest with you. I think that when you get to this part of the year, you're thinking about your futures, You're thinking about your game decisions, you're thinking about what would be good for business.
Speaker 1: Well, this is what I was getting ready to ask you. When Nick Foles came in for Carson Wentz, did it hurt business because the Eagles had a backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: It's a good point. I don't know that it did. I don't think that it did, but we lost an.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a that was a crazy I mean, Eagles were what almost touchdout underdogs.
Speaker 2: No, No, it was more like four and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought it was excloser to six.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe maybe you're right. I can't remember that far back.
Speaker 1: But but you remember some baseball pitcher from nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Who nineteen ninety four was the strike year.
Speaker 1: I don't know what are you talking about talking about? You remember, like you like, throw out some random baseball thing, and you remember that, but you don't remember what the line was. I I'm pretty sure it was opened six and a half.
Speaker 2: My mind is like a steel trap. I remember everything. I don't think it was that high. You can look it up. I think it was less than that. Well, you remember, though, the guy booking here is just a massive Philadelphia homer, just a shameless homer for all the Philadelphia teams. He doesn't have any kind of realistic you know, uh, you're really looking it up. I thought that was a joke.
Speaker 1: Okay, five and a half okay, I thought it was less and open four got bet up to five and a half. Five and a half is my favorite line. That's why I took five and a half with the Broncos. This week. Is gonna win this football game. Sorry. In advance well. I think.
Speaker 2: I think if the Broncos do win, we'll do well in the game because I think New Angle is gonna be a lot of money in my poast. But you've got to think about your your business levels. We lost the teams that I thought would be the best for business were Buffalo. Buffalo would have been awesome for business. Chicago. I know Kelly hates the Bears fans and has and has a heart on for the city of Chicago, but Chicago would have been great for business. The Bears fans are interesting. Let's say they're certainly committed, and they should probably be committed, most of them, but they're great fans and they would have been great for business. We needed the forty nine ers to go out because we had a terrible future position on the forty nine ers. But the forty nine ers have great fans. There's a proximity to California from here. I know it's northern California, but they would have been good for business. I don't think the Rams are good for business. I don't think people in La care about the Rams. To be honest with you, I don't think the RAM. I don't think the Rams are good for business. I think for business purposes. We wanted to be New England Seattle.
Speaker 1: Well it's not gonna be so sorry.
Speaker 2: We see, won't we We'll see? No, we'll so far.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to tell you what the witch? Yes?
Speaker 2: No I don't, but I'm afraid you're going to anyway, Go ahead and tell me what the Witch says? Does the Witch do Champions League Football?
Speaker 1: If you want, I okay, this is what I need from you. Then I need you to make me like some spreadsheets of these guys, like I don't know anything about them. I'll send you my NFL spreadsheet that I've been working on and uh, let's just say it's it's not going to be it's not.
Speaker 2: I just have to know if Liverpool is gonna make the Champions League final, because then I'm going to.
Speaker 1: I don't have any of their stuff I need, like dates and astrology. I need to be able to pull. Yeah, you have to take you have to take like their founding date. You've got to take some of their players' birthdates and stuff like that and be able to work around it.
Speaker 2: Mom's a lot MoMA's allowed. June fifteenth, nineteen ninety two. I think I think.
Speaker 1: You think, I mean, I can work.
Speaker 2: On that's I don't. I don't have to think.
Speaker 1: I know what his birthday is, freaking you know his birthday, but her I had to look up every single one of these birthdays. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Did you miss the part about the photographic memory? You know why? I know you really want to know why. I know that because my brother is June fifteenth, nineteen ninety and I just saw that Mosallah had the exact same birthday. That's truth take account. Is like three to one New England and that's actually I know. Like we're doing the show on Wednesday afternoons, so the game is four days away. But I think that's gonna mostly hold up. I think New England is clearly going to be the public side. The conversation is going to be around the fact that there is no Bonix and Jared Stidham is in. New England is very good defensively. Thought their offense was horrible on Sunday, but they're very good defensively. How is Jared Stidham going to score against New England? Can Denver bring the refs from overtime last Saturday to this game? It should be a good game. I think I think the book will will be ready.
Speaker 1: I get an interesting stat I think somebody's asked you this before. I'm almost positive somebody's asked you this before in regard to refs. Right, but you never really like, you never answer, but I know you never answered. If you guys actually care, So Alex kimp six and one against the spread four and oh straight up when he is reffing Denver at home, I don't know if that matters. I you know I had We've had people in the comment section ask like, hey, do you guys take referee assignments and do anything with that? I would love to, but I too busy working on the witch side of things to do. I only have so much free time, Like I can't.
Speaker 2: You're too busy doing the real work, which.
Speaker 1: Somebody else is doing the refs though, And we need to find out there's an account. Drop it into the comment section because I want to know there's got to be somebody doing the ref work.
Speaker 2: Last week? Didn't I ask Denofrio or producer to clip something for me? Did he ever do that or look something up for me? Did he ever do that?
Speaker 1: Probably not?
Speaker 2: What do you mean problem?
Speaker 1: And you want me to bring him to Vegas with me, Like he's gonna get any work done in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Well that I want him to. I want him to look up all the ref stuff for me. Then put him on that he doesn't have anything. What is he doing? He didn't have that much to do. Hogland's too busy. Hogland is always working, man, always working. He's awesome. Uh what was I talking about? Oh yeah, so the late games in the NFC. Look, we wanted the Bears. I know Kelly hates Chicago and their fans.
Speaker 1: I also wanted the Bears.
Speaker 2: We wanted the Bears were It's so it's so rare, Like it's really rare that there's like a game where all of us at work are like still here that late and still just standing there in the back room, just come on, come on, and they just couldn't get it done. It was so it was just.
Speaker 1: Done until Caleb Williams through an interception.
Speaker 2: You hate Caleb Biwis, You hate Williams.
Speaker 1: Brett has a Rams Tree goes Caleb Williams is good for one more two plays later interception, I'm like, of course, of course, you can't just play conservative enough. Run the football that has been working all game long, get fifteen more yards, kick a game winning field goal, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But that's just far too simple.
Speaker 2: You hate Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: Do I hate Caleb Williams. I'm Williams.
Speaker 2: Do you not like him because do.
Speaker 1: I think he's reckless? Yeah? Do I think he gets really lucky and pulls. He is like a Brett farveesk Like is he gonna throw an interception? Is he gonna throw a crazy touchdown pass? That's like one of the best touchdown passes I've ever seen in my life. Chicole Kamet, I don't know. You don't know what you're gonna get. He's a mixed bag.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something. Whatever you believe, I'm gonna whatever you say, I'll believe you. Whatever you say, I'll believe. Are you the burner account that called him Caleb Williams in that one? That one thing you sent me was.
Speaker 1: That you I don't have time for a burner account. I barely even tweet from my own account unless it's somebody that's paying me hard American dollars. But no, I think I don't know if coach JB started and one of those guys started that though, and I like.
Speaker 2: Klebin was a great player, and I, I don't know, I was very impressed with some of the throws he made on Sunday. Let's remember that Caleb Williams is in his second season, Ladies and gentlemen, Let's remember that kayleb Williams in the second season. But this is kind of interesting. Caleb was the first pick in the draft in twenty four. Of those quarterbacks picked at the top of that draft, Caleb Williams, Jaden Daniels, Drake may Bo Nicks. Caleb is now the only one that hasn't gotten his team to a conference championship game. Jayden Daniels got to the NFC Championship Game last year. May is playing Sunday. Nicks won't be playing, but he did get his team to the AFC Championship with a little pick me up from the officials. They knock the bills up.
Speaker 1: Well, that sucks. That sucks. I still don't even understand how that happened. But here we are the.
Speaker 2: NFC Championship Game. I think this will be a lot more balanced, the betting will be. We have taken some larger bets on Seattle already. We're not We're not really ready to go to three on Seattle right now. We got it into two and a half at all.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: We're not We're not quite ready to do that yet. And part of the reason is this, we have a really bad future position on the Rams. I think I talked about this. We definitely want Seattle to win. Ye, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Are you guys doing these games that reduced juice?
Speaker 2: We will Sunday Sunday, we will Sunday, We'll.
Speaker 1: Be will definitely get Seattle money on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 1: Is what you guys doing right now.
Speaker 2: We're two and a half minus one away either way, and we'll be minus one five on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Sunday. Yeah. We used to have this kid that worked for us named Andrew Babikitas, and he did he did like this super Bowl exacta for us. And uh, let's just say we don't want the Rams to make it to the Super Bowl. I'll have to rehire Andrew and then you know, ceremoniously fire him in front of everybody. I think said I've said it one hundred times since I saw his positions on the exact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but surely they don't have Rams Broncos or Rams Pats.
Speaker 2: They have both.
Speaker 1: People actually beat both of those.
Speaker 2: They have both of those. We want, well, we just we want Seattle to win. I think we'll need uh, we want Seattle to win. That that's gonna be our big need of the day next week or Sunday is Seattle. Do you want to talk about UFC three four?
Speaker 1: Not really, but you can give everybody the well Andrew's guy and like soccer and all that shit over the summer, we got three games left. John Murray nolla for like nine months. In frankly, I have college football fatigue, which sounds crazy, but like the transfer portal, nil, the coaching, it's it got also exhausting for me that I'm just like, make it end.
Speaker 2: And I was kind of ready. I was kind of ready for it to be over. Actually I kind of agree.
Speaker 1: Because I love college football and it's my favorite sport and they're ruining it.
Speaker 2: Nothing from the guy that that Andrew nicknamed the big guy. He has not played yet on three twenty four, The Kia Kriloff is a guy. His price has come down a lot. He was plus one sixty. He's down to plus one twenty. It's one of the prelim fights any other sports to cover. I mean, you see that. I got John Hoagland in the office with me. Kings lost last night to the heat. I'm no Kings.
Speaker 1: I did see that, didn't. They have like a pretty good win streak there. I think the other night they won just again.
Speaker 2: Why are you smirking about that?
Speaker 1: Because it's funny is you only have what thirty five games they can win?
Speaker 2: Why are you smirking about me?
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to sweat that under. That's the best part. We're gonna start winning.
Speaker 2: They're twelve and thirty two and they got to win thirty six games. I mean, I'm no math major, but that looks pretty good.
Speaker 1: What do they left in the regular season? When when did the finals start? May?
Speaker 2: No, the finals are in June. What do they what do they say? They are twelve and thirty two?
Speaker 1: They so they have twenty five more games.
Speaker 2: And they got thirty eight games left, right?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't follow the NBA. I just I just know that I'm no Kings. I think they have thirty eight games left and they'd have to win. What twenty four of the thirty eight they got to go twenty four to fourteen? Is my math, right job? Johns Ryk twenty four to fourteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it, stone Cold Locke, congratulations.
Speaker 2: Oh you're trying to jinx me, kid.
Speaker 1: The worst things happen. It is still a professional sports team. It's not like it's like some Division III basketball school that isn't won since the beginning of time?
Speaker 2: What uh? What's your best bet this week? Have you guys done that for your shows? And I know it's yeah, it's tougher when you get down of you know, it really is. I mean, as much as I tease Kelly like it's tougher when you get down to two games, I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't say it's the best bet. The only thing I have bet this weekend. The only thing I bet. I did Rams teaser on Monday night with Indiana, So I need the Rams plus eight and a half, okay, Indiana leg Glarady cash and then I took the five and a half of the Broncos and I had a little FP in my account and I put it all on Broncos money line just.
Speaker 2: For I think one of my concerns this weekend. I want to I want to bet on and watch the golf tournament. But the golf guy that I that I love is Wes Reynolds. I love Wes.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say because your buddy Jopp didn't get you into the one point lash contest or two point five million, I can't even remember what it is, but yeah, he tells you that after I'm bitching that my guy.
Speaker 2: Tied for seventh, Joft didn't sign us up in time, Thank you man. But uh, I like, I love you know. I love watching golf, I love betting on it. I love playing at an extremely low level. But I gotta think that Wes Reynolds is just like he's probably hold up somewhere in South Beach right now, like like like some scene out of The Hangover, right celebrating.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's Wednesday. Surely he's back in Vegas by now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean, I feel like he's like a rolling stone. He's been only wasn't he in Pasadena and then in Atlanta? Now he's in Miami. I don't know how much time is spending handicapping golf right now.
Speaker 1: With Brett so I don't have to do any of the work. I can just take home the money.
Speaker 2: It's the guys told me Russell Henley this week. Russell Henley in the golf tournament. But they said JJ spawn last week and he sucked. You know, golf's tough.
Speaker 1: I don't even we had last week McNeely.
Speaker 2: Does that sound right, Maverick McNeely? Yeah, I thought you said, Harry Hall.
Speaker 1: Brett text me put in McNeely. I put in McNeely thirty minutes before they tea off, because you know they're in Hawaii. He text me, use no change it to Harry Hall. And for like three days, McNeely is in first place. And I'm like, I'm we're not doing this all season long. We're not doing this like change whoever you tell me, I'm no longer changing it.
Speaker 2: I can't believe Brett agreed to be partners with you. I mean, you're a little you're a little on the emotional side. Yeah yeah, uh okay, what but I.
Speaker 1: Hate to bring it to you. He agreed to be life partners with me. So that a lot more than than a one a one and done golf tournament. Well, that's a great golf contest.
Speaker 2: Brent didn't want to end up with one of those awfuls. You know, he's not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I actually we've had the conversation. We got this like deck of cards. Yeah, I don't remember if I saw it on Instagram or somebody else. They told me about it, but they're like relationship cards, and you like ask each other questions. Some of the courts are really and some of the questions are like funny. And my question today was what would I be doing if I wasn't with you? I was like, I didn't have one like it took me. He's like, well, you have to think about it and you have to have conversations about it. And I said, hopefully with somebody's really rich, so I could just retire.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like Brett.
Speaker 1: Waitbe I could have been an awful and just not.
Speaker 2: I feel like Brett is like kind of like bounced you out, and if it wasn't for him, you'd be one of these like paid agitators going around, you know what I mean, like causing trouble, getting in everybody's face. You like to get in people's faces and you're very confrontational. You you would actually be a great paid activist, you know, just get right in their face and wear some crazy hat and and just chance some slogan like a psychopath. You'd be good at that. You'd be a great awful if we're being honest. But because of Brett it would be.
Speaker 1: Okay because I wouldn't have to work. That could be like my my girl job, because my husband would be rich.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, in order to be an awful, you gotta have I mean, you'd have to have a very wealthy somebody would have to be wealthy. It doesn't have to be your husband, but somebody your dad can or your family. Somebody would have to be rich somebody. I mean that you can't have any because there's no time to work when you're being off. Do you want to? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Anyway, it was. It was. It's a fun game because it does make you think and have like real conversations. Some of them are like makes you like, could you murder me in my sleep? If I did that?
Speaker 2: Like did you tell me? Did you tell me your best bet? Did I did? I? Did I interrupt you?
Speaker 1: I told you plus five and a half. I would not call it a best bet, but I laid a few shekels. I told you I used a little FP on those.
Speaker 2: You did say that some free on Denver? Yeah? Interesting, Uh nothing, not too much to report on UFC. I will be there rooting for Patty the Battie, Patty the Baddy Pimble's he's about minus two forty right now against Justin Gachee. Remember Patty the Baddie is.
Speaker 1: That big of a favorite over Justina.
Speaker 2: Baddie is a massive Liver Liverpool fan, massive, So I'll be there to support him. I don't know how many scozs are going to be there. They can't afford to go to something like that, right, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what came to Vegas to see Connor. Yeah, those guys were nuts.
Speaker 2: Those guys were nuts. Man? Are those are to this day?
Speaker 1: The like just being in a big crowd of people chanting, That's all they did all around Vegas and you could hear them coming.
Speaker 2: Those are the craziest sporting events I've ever been to. That Connor's fight against Chad Mendez is fighting against Aldo, the day Diz fights. I think those are the greatest, the craziest sporting events I've ever been at. In my life. It was because of Connor's fans. That's what made them crazy. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: I know, I lived in Vegas at the time, and you're just like, am I in danger? These people seem nice, but like, could it just you know, you're just in there with you know, chanting along. Don't know what the hell they're saying? All right, Mailbag Johnny Jungle Jones on access. Why do you some books not let you parlay futures? John Murray, You guys let people parlay futures? And I almost took you for a million dollars with the Ravens for the Future last year, and Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews ripped that from me and that sucked really really bad. They lost to the Chiefs, but the Gators forty to one one. That was fun. That's when you guys first started doing that.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you brought that up because I think that I think when you do allow people to parlay futures, the payoffs can add up really quickly. So some books are gonna be careful against that. It's also an issue of technology. Does your tech stack have the ability to cut out correlated futures like obviously We would not want you to be able to parlay Dodgers do win the National League with Dodgers to win the World Series. If if the World Series wins, then the National League has to win, right So I think that's why you'll see some books be a little more guarded on that.
Speaker 1: Maybe I wanted to pick I walk into the West Skates Super Bowl right now. I want to bet the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. I want to bet Iowa State to win the college basketball in National Championship. I want to bet some baseball team that I can't think of off the top of my head to win the World Series. And I want to put.
Speaker 2: The pretty organized bet. You know, you can't think you can't even name one of the thirty Major League Baseball teams.
Speaker 1: And I was gonna see New York Yankees just to be a smart ass. But then I was just like, you know, I don't want the Yankees to win. So then I just pivoted because I was going on to college. Dear friend Ariel, she has seen enough championships. She'll be fun.
Speaker 2: You know who else is a big Yankee fan? Art Deceizar. He loves the Yankees. You don't want these you don't want these.
Speaker 1: People got booted. By the way, the third most popular sport in America now is not baseball, and you know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's soccer.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you right now, start caring about soccer because now it's more popular than baseball.
Speaker 2: Baseball's got a real problem on its hands if they do have a lockout next summer. And you know, I love it, You're going to have a lockout next summer, right that could be. You know that there was a lockout in ninety four. It took baseball in order to recover from the lockout, they had to juice up Maguire and Sosa in the summer in ninety eight.
Speaker 1: That was awesome. That was awesome. That is when I liked baseball, when those guys were hitting massive bombs. I think we should totally let people.
Speaker 2: Step the long ball. I told you, man, I.
Speaker 1: Told you we should let people take starts up to them. So, yes, you guys, do let people play futures.
Speaker 2: Just the parlor you're talking about, we would take. But we we can't let you parlay conferences because then you could tie it into the super Bowl because our app doesn't take out those correlations so you're gonna see stuff like that. And also there are books that are gonna they're gonna keep the limits really low on the app because the bets just shoot through and all of a sudden you can have all kinds of liabilities. So usually if you want to make a parlay of futures, you probably gotta go to the counter. That way, the risk team can look at it and say yes or no. Maybe they could take a closer look than they did on the Miami futures in college football. Next question, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think Miami deserved to get in. And here we are, all right. T Spinky on X says, will there be a big lull in the books when NHL goes on break for the Olympics or can NBA hold up for three weeks?
Speaker 2: NBA no college basketball? College bat after the Super Bowl is over. Doesn't everyone become like a huge college basketball fan for about eight to ten weeks.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that there was Winter Olympics until just now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Winter Olympics to be a long NHL break the NBA. Why does the NBA even do an All Star game? The NBA All Star Game is so dumb.
Speaker 1: Any all Star game is so dumb.
Speaker 2: Not the Summer Classic.
Speaker 1: Come on, uh will be okay, we all Star game is so dumb.
Speaker 2: We'll have the We'll have the UFC. At some point during those weeks, there will be wagering on. There will be hockey wagering on the Olympics. Remember last year instead of I think.
Speaker 1: Also offering you guys gonna have I had. I literally it's my own fall. I guess that.
Speaker 2: The hockey will be popular. I mean, was it last year that instead of an All Star Game, they did like a nation's tournament in hockey.
Speaker 1: Yes, I forget it was called yal Anthem.
Speaker 2: Really we did a lot of business on that that was really popular, so that that could give them a surge. The NBA regular season is what it is. I mean, it's just awful. It's awful.
Speaker 1: But college basketball of awful acronyms.
Speaker 2: I say awful too many times because of the awful. I just think that's so funny college basketball.
Speaker 1: My favorite part about John Murray's guys. I will send like eight memes, a bunch of tweets things I find funny. No one responds, And then I talked to my four days I He's like, yeah, the thing you said, I've been thinking it off for like three days. I'm like, I said that three days ago, you didn't even laugh or say anything.
Speaker 2: I can't stop laughing about it. It's like it's just the funniest, like just truly awful.
Speaker 1: It's because they're awful, That's why it's funny.
Speaker 2: It's just funny. Like remember when I said this to Kelly. But when I whenever Kelly mentions awfuls, I think of like those just horrible, horrible, grand standing people in Martha's Vineyard that they dumped that bus of illegal aliens in Martha's Vineyard and they couldn't ship them out fast enough, but they gave them like a ding dong and their way out to live in somebody else's community. And then they were breaking their arms, patting themselves off the back. And I'm nice they were to them. That's what I think of awful. It's very funny to me. But you know, I don't have a high IQ, so things that make me laugh probably don't make most people laugh. What was ts Finkey's question.
Speaker 1: Is I think he wanted you to talk about how the NBA was going to be able to suffice, And the answer is it's not.
Speaker 2: Going to It's good. It's a good time of year for us for you know, we get some of our guys to take some breaks. There's a little window there in our business after the Super Bowl, before March Madness, but the conference tournaments are pretty busy, so it's really only about three or four weeks where we've got a little bit of a lull. We'll miss the NHL to an extent, but we'll have college basketball. I guess people like the NBA, although I don't understand why, and there is uh. There will be UFC, and then for me, of course, during the week, there will be this little thing called Champions League Football.
Speaker 1: Everythink to ha to then ever se