Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services Ensure your most Prized possessionets.
Speaker 2: Hey, good afternoon, everybody. Welcome to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. I'm Steve Rivera. In with me today, Dave Silver, I'm here, former K Gun guy, you Bay guy, one of the guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, long time two son, And now that's how I.
Speaker 2: Refer nineteen eighty three. Two three came in with Lout accidentally came in.
Speaker 3: I came in right after I knew Lout was going to be here, and so I decided to come.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, right, worked out pretty with buy your tickets.
Speaker 4: Now we're gonna win. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Not too much kind of in the middle of this, you know, kind of fun week getting set for you know, big baseball with you know, kind of the unexpected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as we saw over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said, you said you've been there.
Speaker 4: I've been. Oh.
Speaker 3: I was there back for the nineteen eighty six championship that they they want. It's the only time I went. It was the old Rosenblatt Stadium in Arizona.
Speaker 4: It was there.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think Florida State was the championship game. But it was a really long week of rain and delays, and I think we were there twelve days.
Speaker 2: You were supposed to be there.
Speaker 3: We were supposed to be there, you know, eight maybe eight of it. I think there were a couple of days just washed out by rain. So we just sat there and waited. We joked around. I remember we called it like Camp Omaha because we just we didn't know what to do. We weren't from there.
Speaker 2: And did you have stories every day even though that there was rain. I think we did because you had to we were supposed to do. You had to use work.
Speaker 4: That's kind of why we were there, right, So we did.
Speaker 3: We did what we could, and then you know, it turned out to be you know, the Chip Hail team and some other really good players on that team. They made the Majors and played professionally. So it was and it was an emotional time. It was Jerry Kendall's wife, Georgia, who you know was suffering from Loke Garrigg's disease.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't remember that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was, she was there, she was able to move and you know, her life ended. I don't know she was long after.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, because I got here in eighty seven. I think she was she passed away. I don't remember, but I remember the story breached vaguely.
Speaker 3: It was really emotional. It was I think I mentioned somewhere on social this this week that I just remember standing in the rain. The rains were coming down after that game finished, and you know, we're trying to interview the coach and the players, and you know she's, you know, standing right next to him with his arm around her shoulder. It was just it was really a touching time. She she had what she had.
Speaker 2: Luke Garritts, Yeah, okay, because I was at the m d A actually, uh and I found out about all those things that just have als unbelievable illnesses that incurable.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my memory. And I know there's been other times where the team has gone and they did win, and they've been there, you know a few times over the years.
Speaker 4: It's kind of you know, impressible title for Arizona. Yeah, the three or four titles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see what happened for because aren't they wearing these t shirts that say go for the fot.
Speaker 2: Go Go for five minutes. That's right, Yeah, that's right. They see and then we talk about this all the time, Dave. I think with you as well about blue bloods, and I think baseball's blue blood. Yeah, so it's softball. Yep, I'll end it there. It was partly maybe even swimming from back in the day.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, it's such a great run, but it's been kind of.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but they have this great run. But the thing that kind of gets you in the door and keeps you in the door, you can't never not be one in Arizona. Doesn't have enough basketball, doesn't have enough cachet there. They not believe they're they're like North Carolina blue. Well they're they're blue blood North Carolina. Yeah, yeah, but I'm talking it's the shade of blue. That's what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Shade. Yeah, baseball.
Speaker 3: You know, they've been pretty consistently there for most of the you know, last forty years. Really think about it, if you go back to eighty or the seventy six, you know, every few years it pops. So it's been pretty good.
Speaker 4: Twenty twelve, twenty.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, and they they won, they've and they've yeah, they've knocked on the door. Yeah, kind of knocked on the door. We'll see what happens. You're not a favorite tom Tomorrow or Friday. Not a favorite of Coast Coast at Carolina favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've won like what twenty something games in a.
Speaker 2: Row, twenty three, yeah, twenty three. In fact, all the eight teams, Arizona's the seventh favorite in the list of favorites, right, Yeah. I mean you look at them and they've done a great job, but they're kind of scary to watch if you're a fan because you.
Speaker 3: Don't know Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know. I mean, come on, a month ago, you're thinking, oh man, they gonna make this too.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: Hex?
Speaker 3: What was it a Sunday morning? I was thinking, what am I doing? When you're watching this game and you know they're well nothing.
Speaker 2: The sixth ye're thinking, In the seventh you're thinking, and then all of a sudden, here they come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: It was an interesting week. And this is the first time and I don't know how many years that we don't have repeat teams from last Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of strange.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 3: It is a different mix of people of teams. You know, all these Pac ten teams Pack twelve with Oregon State and U C.
Speaker 1: L A.
Speaker 2: And to hell with the people who have the money, you know, l shoes are Yeah. But uh, but now you have people that are teams that are kind of just the teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the Murray State story. Well, I'm sure they'll be telling that over and over again throughout the throughout their time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'd be duke to get there. Uh, it's just it's a fun time. I've never been there, so you know, I've never been there to cover this. This is the loan thing I haven't covered in my career at in my job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if if things go as as scheduled, it'll be you know a little over a week. Basically, it'll land next next Monday. That's you know, whether whether whether it cooperates.
Speaker 4: Monday.
Speaker 3: But you know it could go short long and short, could go two games that would be Sunday.
Speaker 4: And that's what happened last time.
Speaker 2: I think they went last too quickly to Jon right, so I guess what he's there, that's yeah, that's kind of see Jay Johnson, do you have a couple of seconds I'd like to do a quick interview.
Speaker 4: No, I know who you're from. I know the questions to get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's still some players on the team that he recruited.
Speaker 4: I don't know that. And I didn't ask this of Brian.
Speaker 2: And this week when he was on whether they have an open press conference like for all the teams, they do so, so you know you know that. Hey, question in there was a second row by Peterson as he does this for him, Jay, could you explain why you decided to leave and how you did it and why you did it? Well, why I did it? There was money, yeah, and how I did it. Some people have regrets, maybe I have one. Thanks for the question, Move on. I wish them all the best.
Speaker 3: Yes, then I assume that's going to be tomorrow since games are on Friday, Tomorrow the news conference day and you know, yeah, the news will be coming out and how that is handled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or if it's asked, you know who knows? Of course, I mean you have to ask, you have to have reporters.
Speaker 4: Yeah. There, and if he doesn't, you know, there's a there's a column anyway. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's good, it's what kind of makes sports fun.
Speaker 4: It just kind of worked out that way.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, today if you and if nobody or you missed the show yesterday. I thought it was a pretty good one and I put the podcast on my social Facebook page, or you can find it on iHeart iHeartMedia dot com or iHeart dot com and find it. We had Rocky Coyle, former U of A player back in the eighties early eighties, the captain back then. Very fun, very good story. He was at North Carolina watching the guys play. After that, we had Kenny Lofton, who was fantastic at three forty ish and he was great to talk about UA basketball, UA baseball, his time here and his time as a major leaguer.
Speaker 4: That was fun.
Speaker 2: And then in the fourth hour we had Brian Jeffries, of course, who's the voice of the Wildcats and who's with the team and doing a great job as always.
Speaker 3: What do you think would have been like if Kenny could have played baseball?
Speaker 4: Would lud have.
Speaker 3: Let him even try out?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Probably, I mean it probably he would have overlapped, yeah, yeah, and he wouldn't have played that much because of the time.
Speaker 4: Maybe, I mean it's easy to say maybe.
Speaker 3: Trying to remember if he might have been out there. Maybe he was. Was he just out on the field, like just taking fly balls?
Speaker 2: No, he played. He suited up for his final year. Okay, yeah, I'm not sure how he played or how long he played. But the guy who we have today, Clark Christ at four seventeen, is the guy who convinced him to play right. And he said, I'm indebted to the guy. I mean, he believed in me and I had to prove him right. And he did because you know, he's the one that said you can do this. Yeah, that worked out quite well for him. I mean that was you know, talk about two sport athletes, you know, the Dion Sanders of the world and Kenny Yeah, you know, it turned his basketball career and completely around.
Speaker 4: In the baseball right.
Speaker 2: In fact, he said that he said that to people who know him now don't know that he paid for UA and basketball. But people from who know him from basketball really don't know him for baseball. I mean, he's kind of kind of got a hidden personality there because you know, you know him from where you know him baseball or basketball.
Speaker 3: It was pretty cool when he came back as his career was getting going, you know, after Clark and the Astro signed him, and he winds up on the Toros, which was a cute little moment in time where.
Speaker 2: They won the title. That Yeah, ninety three, he's out there, you know, in high corbidfield, you know, playing for two soons and I think Mike says hell Fader says this all the time. Those were the highest attended Toros games in the history became they won the title that year at the PC time.
Speaker 3: They won a couple and he was there. I think, I guess maybe in the ninety one, the first one. It was pretty it was pretty interesting time. But yeah, and that's game there. It was very fun and not too long after his basketball career. That was two years after the fact that he'd already gotten to that level exactly. It didn't take him long. I don't I'm not sure. I'd have to look, but I'm gonna think he did not go to double A. I think he went straight to single A and was good, and they you know, they promoted him up and here he was, you know, on the cusp of the Major. Then they traded him eventually, you know, so he went you know, he goes to Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of stuck in some deal. I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't know if people really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you called it up earlier, right Wikipedia, You should may even bring that up player when we have time to talk. So so again we have at three seventeen. We're gonna have Robbie Mowen, a former U of A baseball star. Uh, he's a former He coached here for a while after after playing major leagues for a while, came back where was an assistant under Jeff Skurrin at Rio Rico U not too long ago. And then he decided to move back to Dallas. Uh where his his wife is kind of from. I guess she's a Russian native, uh, if that's the right phrase. But they live in Dallas, and now he's a teacher, a pe teacher. I think Flowing Wells High School was high school. Yeah, you remember him, I do. He was fantastic football player and baseball player.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't remember his football as much as baseball, and he was quite good and one of the stars of the U of a forear year.
Speaker 2: If I can remember this is I first got here in eighty seven, so he was like ninety one ninety four whatever was. Yeah, I think Glenn Posey played at floor and Walls. I think so. So they were like a one two punch if I could, I could be wrong. You know. The funny thing is I remember these things. I can't remember anything from yesterday. It'll be just kind of you know, it's kind of vague.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Now, Robbie was a solid player in high school. I'm pretty sure we'll have to ask him again. I'm pretty sure he went four straight years at Arizona and they never made the World Series, but they made the playoffs every year, I think, and he was you know, he was he was a guy that he was one of their team leaders and he was all you know, I'm sure if you look at the career records in baseball, he's amongst the top players of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll have Robbie at three seventeen and then Clark Christip for seventeen today. So another good show at least with the guests and not because of me, and we hope because yeah, we hope that. I'm sure that'll be And we'll take some calls after that about three point forty to get us to move along with the show. Hire seventeen three. Let's take the breakdown, come back with Robbie. Thanks.
Speaker 8: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots in table games, to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort. Discover all this and more. Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 4: Are you ready enterprise so Fasco Yaki try.
Speaker 9: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a customers piece.
Speaker 3: We can help you select the perfect.
Speaker 9: Wood type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato rock materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Given all call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 10: Spring is in the air and the school year is coming to a close. Time to order your academic and spring sports awards for your student athlete.
Speaker 4: Creative Awards with.
Speaker 10: Fifty two years as your top awards and promotional products supplier.
Speaker 4: Give them an award they can be proud of.
Speaker 10: They have trophies, plaques, acrylics, art class find christ, metal, name badges, stock and custom awards. Come visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight Westtrackman Street, across the street from Pema College downtown campus, or visit them online at Creative Awards.
Speaker 4: Az dot com at Nova Home Loans.
Speaker 11: We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's volpe team dot com or called five two oh six eight five six two six Today in MLS three oh eight seven Arizona BKO nine two nine to four two Equal Housing Opportunity, Got to commitment to Lyndrix, syn credit rates and available loan programs of subject to change with don't notice?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 12: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at this chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best.
Speaker 4: In sports cards and trading car games.
Speaker 12: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trush showtime cards for their passion.
Speaker 10: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonans for over thirty years and a wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard McCall five two oh seven to four to Roh twelve thirteen rout, sponsor of I on the Ball.
Speaker 5: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down.
Speaker 2: Arizona Pest Control is your complete.
Speaker 5: Desert pest management specialist. That's can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 6: Why is mining so important? It's the foundation of everything that defines a society. Everything you see is a product of mine, no matter when, no matter how, no matter why. Every society on this planet has developed, grown, and modernized based solely on the intervals a process. That's why mining is so important.
Speaker 2: BM dot com.
Speaker 9: Looking for quality windows without the weight, come to the Window Depot. We carry a huge selection of mill guard windows in stock now and ready for pickup. Needs something custom no problem. From new construction to full home replacement. Will help you order the perfect mill guard windows built to fit your space, style and budget. Whether you're a homeowner or contractor, the Window Depot makes it easy to get the windows you need fast. Visit the Window deepot dot com to find a location near you and see why we're your mill guard window experts.
Speaker 13: Steve Rivera He's got his eye on the ball on Tucson Sports station Fox Sports fourteen.
Speaker 2: Fifty Hey, welcome back to why the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Dave Silver.
Speaker 4: Now on the phone.
Speaker 2: We have former UOA baseball player MLB player Robbie Mowen.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Robbie.
Speaker 7: I'm doing great today, Steve. Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 2: Great time to be a wildcat for you guys, You baseball players, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what. The boys are fired up. We just had a reunion for our ninety three team in Tucson this past weekend. So we had about thirteen or fourteen guys there back from that team, and we were all playing golf of at Omni and Friday we're watching the game and at you know, five to one after two, we're like, God, let's go the rains and hit balls. And that day was a wash. But then Saturday to win. And then Sunday we're listening to it and we're into about no where on about nine, ten, hole eleven, and it's the ninth inning and you could hear us at que and across the golf course. One more, let's go and strike one, and the guys were fired up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it was pretty cool to see the boys come through like that and get that big w I'm really happy for chipping the boys.
Speaker 4: Do you see you said ninety three? So it does it feel like thirty two years ago?
Speaker 7: No, it doesn't. My body says yes. Sometimes after a couple of rounds of golf, we all said, head gets been thirty two years. But now it's hard to believe in the great thing Steve and Dave and Dave knows he I believe he covered us that team is really really close. We have a group text that still goes on daily of about nineteen or twenty guys from that team, and so there's constant contact. And it's only gonna ramp up now with Coast of Carolina and Arizona matching up and on Friday. And they're the team that beat us in twenty sixteen. So the boys are gonna be talking some smack and the banter is gonna beginning real soon.
Speaker 3: Why do you think it worked this year too, because it really was a mixture of you know, veterans. I mean, there's a couple of players still on the roster that were recruited by Jay Johnson.
Speaker 7: You know, I think it was a chemistry thing, and I really do. I think Schip is really good in relating to the players, and he gives them enough leash where they can be free and they can play loose, but he still has enough control and the reins over him where they've got to play baseball the Wildcat way, the way that was established by Frank Sansett and then carried on through Jerry Kendall and Jerry Stid And I just think it's a it's kind of an older school way, they got the old eighty six throwback unis for their whites and their grays, but then they got the baby blues kind of the newer trend deal that they wear. And I think the guys really enjoyed playing with each other. I mean, I went to practice. I was in town last week before they left for North Carolina, and I went to one of the practices and just the mood is like, you know, it's like there, the expectations are there, but they're not. They're just kind of playing on borrowed time and hey, let's see how far we can take this. And they're not trying to win their series or trying to win the first pace of the first inning in Game one, and then they take it from there. And so it doesn't hurt you when you've got two freshmen arms that are legit, big time guys going for you on the weekend, as freshmen plugged those veterans in the middle of the lineup, and it just provides a lot of ballast, I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no question.
Speaker 2: Let me give you this theory, and Daved, you helped me because you know both sides of this. I covered the basketball team forever, and I say this and I'll go to my grave saying this. Every time that you told them they couldn't do it, that they were the underdog, they always came up big. And you probably know this, Robby from just from basketball, if you played duke or whatever, like back in my day when I covered lute. Now you tell them you can't they do in baseball. In baseball, was it the same where you were kind of you thrived on being the underdog.
Speaker 7: I think everyone always when they think of Arizona baseball, oh you go to Arizona State, Arizona State, and you're like no with the Wildcats and and so I think that does just poked a little bit under the skin to Arizona players and they just like to carry that chip on their shoulder. And no pun intended with ships the head coast now, but I think it does a little bit, and they'd like to be in that role because then they kind of can sneak up on people. But when you're the when you're the hunting, everyone's looking out for, everyone's gunning for. But when you're the hunter, well you can sneak up and you can attackt them. But and all of a sudden they don't know what hit him, and I really think, I really think the guys, you know, thrive on that, and it's really good if that role is gonna kind of change now in Omahaw because you've got the you got the last aid standing, and you really can't say they're the best aid right now. But I mean, you look at A and m I'm Texas, they're out. In Tennessee they're out, and all these other top playing teams from the year not left standing. She got the hottest date the eight that are playing the best right now. And if I'm a betting man, I might go in there and say, hey, here's always got as good a chance as Arkansas does. Who's got a good a chance as Murray State does. I mean, UCLA's probably going, yeah, we got Murray State. But I wouldn't want to play those guys right now, as hot as they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was telling Dave. I was telling Dave that they're not favorite to win this game on Friday. Overall, they're the seventh favorite team of the eighth and then if you're if you're betting men, they're eighteen to one.
Speaker 7: Wow. Yeah, you know Keith it right there, yeah, right there, right.
Speaker 3: I felt super confident. When I saw Mason White come up was it the eighth inning, I mean, I just felt he was gonna get been slumping too, he had been slumping a little bit, but there was just something. I mean, he's been magical here in the postseason, and at that moment, it was like you could just tell it was like his time, and it was you know, it was just poetic wall he hit that. So there's something about confidence too. I think that carries you at this time of year too as well.
Speaker 7: You're one year one, right about the confidence. And then the thing about Mason is he was hitting a lot of balls hard in the in the first couple of games of that redo. He just wasn't getting any results. And so as a hitter, you gotta take some solace and that going Heck, I can't do anything else. I got a good piss to hit, I've put a good swing on the ball. I just need to ride out somebody. And you keep doing that, it's gonna fall. And that's what happened. And I really think, you know, the baseball guys and I believe in on the Carla stuff. I just think the hometown guy was meant to be up in that situation to put Arizona over the top, you know, and I remember back in ninety three, you know, we had a hometown guy up at the end and it just it didn't work out for him, and that time it went against us. This time he came up big. And you know, if you're gonna have Arizona's gonna you're gonna give him a choice of one guy who they can pick to be out to play in that situation. I bet I bet not every guy in that team, excluding themselves, probably would have said Mason White.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over the weekend, when you see the freshman pitch, like the pitcher they had on Sunday, right and like I said, I covered basketball. You see these freshmen females that come in and then leave. Uh, I'm surprised. Man, these guys are dudes. They're studs. Back in the day, were they studs like that?
Speaker 7: Not right away? I can remember back in ninety one when we had the S and S, the duo of Tim Switzer and Mike steifelbein both second round picks out of high school, said no to come to Arizona. And then we had a third guy, rob at Balito, out of San Diego that was our rotation, and they struggled as freshman. You know, they took their lumps, and molocity is very different now, training is very different now, So they weren't throwing that hard. But I guarantee you Mike Switzer and Kim Schipebin they were topping the guns over ninety at that time, which is you know in that's ninety four, ninety five, ninety six now. But all that experience led to their software year where they were the reason that they were of the reason why we won the six pat championship that year because we had three starters that started every Friday, every Saturday, every Sunday for so you could count on that. And then in ninety three those guys were penciled in to be the guys, and then Scheiffelbeyen got hurt first start, strained as Hammy Schweizer was rehabbing from his shoulder surgery, and those two guys never quite came back, and Rob threw so much he was out of gas at the end of the year. So we didn't have any pitching left and any starting pitching left. So these guys have that starting pitching and they're young, and they're big, and they're strong. And you know with the book pens now the way the way it works, there's not they've thrown their share, but they're not sitting at one hundred and ten hundred and twenty innings, so they've still got some left in the bank.
Speaker 10: I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the closer has fourteen saves, which doesn't doesn't happen to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's yeah, he has. And and let's just talk about Anthony Flute for a second. You when you draw up a right handed pitcher, there's really not one thing you'd put on Anthony Pluto in that in that picture, he's sub six foot, he's got shorter arms, so nothing draws up. But the guy just flat knows how to pitch. He changes speed, and he's got really big guts, so he's not afraid of that situation. And that's a that's a great thing to have to put a guy in there at the back into the game because you're real confident that guy's gonna come in in those strikes and if he does get beat, which we all hope he doesn't. And this year says he's been really well done, really well knock on wood, it's because he's stiles strikes and they're gonna have to hit him to beat him. He's not gonna walk anybody. He's not gonna, you know, do anything to hurt himself. And so that's just a luxury that that schiff and coach Van table over there to have that guy in the back hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Plus he's an aerospace engineer major.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, he's an academic offer.
Speaker 4: No, no, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're back in Dallas, right, you can be wearing your UA hat somewhere watching the game on Friday.
Speaker 7: I'm going to be actually being in Phoenix working a baseball then for the new Balanced Future Star series, and I will have that Arizona gear on. I don't know when i'll have it a shirt or I don't know if I have any any Arizona hats. I gotta look around. I don't think I have any, but I got some shirts and they'll be on the Cat's what we represented for sure.
Speaker 2: What are you doing though, Well, I'm teaching full.
Speaker 7: Time middle school pe teacher in the Plain old and in Plano, Texas. At the middle school, I coached football. I was a head seven FID football coach, and I was the boys sprint coach for track also doing some work for the new Balanced Feature Star Series, which is a developmental and program for baseball players ages fourteen and up. And we've been around ten years and in last year's draft MLB Draft twenty eight, I believe it's twenty eight to thirty closer to twenty. I believe percent of the players draft have been through our program in some way, shape or form. And so we're not a showcase place. We don't give you rankings. We're just we're about the development of the player and developing relationships and watching them come in at one stage of their lives and watching them grow and become do whatever they can be from their talent level we have. We're going to be doing a regional combine. I've been at Paradise Honors High School on Friday, and the goal from this event for those players is to get selected to go to our national combine, which will be in Houston during the month of July based on their A troops. So we have in six is the twenty seventh, and then the twenty eighth and twenty nine ants together.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Robins. Yeah, so we're talking to Robbie Mowing for you a baseball player former MLB guy, you know, proud guy now watching the Cats.
Speaker 4: Dave, go ahead and ask your question.
Speaker 3: No, I was just gonna say, do you do you have any more goals of coaching, you know, at the Division one level or maybe even at the higher professional levels until I know you were at Kansas State and Loyola so far. Do you want to get back into that game as well? You're happy with the high school sports now.
Speaker 7: I'm happy where I'm at, Dave, I would considered if the rights as coach came calling. For example, let's say Top Rown at University of New Mexico. He and I are very close friends. I was the first person that he ran into when he moved to Tucson at eight twelve from Ohio. So lifelong friends. It's just the D one game is so different now. I mean, coaching is the same, right, the skills are the same, but you have to do so much more recruiting and I don't want to say conneling, but you really have to make sure your own players, who you spend so much time recruiting and they come there, stay there. And it's just such a wild wild West out there. You're afraid to send guys off the summer ball because you don't know if they're going to get posts or trying to get recruited to go somewhere else to play for more money with his nil and now you got to settlement deal. So I kind of like when I'm not because it's pretty consistent. And but I still follow the college game a lot, and you know it talks to talk to Brownie a lot. And I still got a few guys that I'm friends are who I coached against, and but going above that to the pro level, I don't think. So that's just a that's a different game. That's a little bit out of what I'm trying to do right now. Dad, just stage in my life.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Let me tell you about five years ago I helped the friend out at the junior high level of thirteen fourteen, twelve thirteen, whatevers, and it was probably some of the toughest times I've went through. So you're good for it. Good for you.
Speaker 4: That ain't easy, man.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you what football is great because we've got coaches that are yellers and screamers. Yeah, and I take them more than a cerebral kind of the mental approach from baseball and softball, and these kids I blow their minds with some breaking down a play and what they did on the block and what they should have done, and they look at me like, oh my, I just taught them how to solve an algorithm or something. And it's great for me because it's a different style of hoe right. I've been that intense guy when I was younger, up in your face and we're gonna run for this, and getting on you. And then I became more of a I don't want to say control, but more of a one pitch at a time, more of a mental guy. And my coaching style really changed when I became a professional baseball scout because now you sit on the other side of the fence and you watch, and I was watching, I was scouting some of the players at Loyola that I coached two months before, and I'm like, wow, I let these guys do this. How did I not see that? And it just broadens your horizon. You see things differently, and I've become a lot more of the mental approach now with the kids that I coached baseball, softball, hitting lessons that I do and try to talk about that because that's over half the battle. Half the battle is just being mentally in the moment and focus for what you're trying to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 2: We were talking about you before you came on, and I didn't cover all the high school stuff back in the day, but I do remember you at Flooring Well's. I even thought Posey was at Floying Wells coach playing, but he was a coach there.
Speaker 4: Just just I mean, what were you like a buck fifty.
Speaker 7: A yeah, on a good day, on a good day, with maybe some after one of our two son monsoons. I was five and nine and a half back then. I'm five to nine now, but five nine and a half about one hundred and fifty, and you know I could. I wore black shoes, so I looked we're on the football field. But I was just I loved high school football and the competition in in baseball, and back then, Flowing Wells was one of the better teams in the four A Division. You know, we were we were battling with Douglas and the Gallas every year in Pueblo, and and it was it was some wars and I was, you know, posing with the Sunnyside. I believe and he had Wilbur Washington at Pueblo, and you had Marcus Robinson at Ringcon and all these guys, Billy Powell at Troy, I mean, all these guys that we I mean, he was at Pueblo. I'm sorry, but all these guys you competed against in multiple sports. And you know, then you get into summer ball and the back then, American Legion was bigger than Connie Mack and there was no travel ball. So we're playing American Legion and we got to play the Tucson High Boys and see the Willie Morales is of Pablo al whereas Steve mar Met gotta play all those guys and Slowly Flowing Wells. We wanted to be we can compete because let's see how we match up. And so I think I think the sports and twoson bigger back then. And we had really good coaches. I mean, you look around our football league. We had King Gordon at Flowing Wells. You had Jeff Skern at CDEO who came to Flowing Wells that made me into an all state wide receiver. You had Vern Freeley at Amphire. You had these guys that Jerry Graybotsch and rink On. These guys have been around their teams for fifteen twenty thirty years. That's unheard of in today's world. Man.
Speaker 3: I just think the Mayfield family of course.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and what that Who were they at against Tucson, right, yeah?
Speaker 3: And then Todd went to uh, Palaverti and.
Speaker 7: One to Pelagartia. Yeah, yeah, Palaverti. Jim Wayne started that, bro got that program going.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well Robbie, appreciate your time. Take care of be safe out in Dallas.
Speaker 7: Thank you, I appreciate it. Steve did good talking to you guys as always, have a good one. Good cast there down.
Speaker 4: We'll see you. Fribady.
Speaker 2: Thanks take care. That was great, Robbie Mowen with you.
Speaker 3: A Dallas teacher and I mean really one of the greatest athletes probably in Tucson area history when you think about what he did as a high school player and continued on to the U of A. I mean, he was pretty solid for a good ten years. We were talking about him. He was in the news and then, like you say, he was not a big dude, not a big guy, but he just you know, he was one of the Jerry Kendall's favorites.
Speaker 4: Gritty dude. Gritty dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, a local guy like he mentioned kind of along the same lines as Mason White.
Speaker 4: He's not a big guy at Yes, that's true, you know.
Speaker 3: And he talked about the pressure, you know, playing at home and in big games, and you know, it's kind of double edged swords. You want to be at home and have all that pressure, but same time you're playing on some really good teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we got to go.
Speaker 2: If you're an Arizona man's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Newton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email media Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment? Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 3: Arizona Health, of.
Speaker 14: Course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the lead it and exercise equipment on twenty.
Speaker 10: Second just west of willnot what's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make some day today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot Edu. Slash Someday, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance With the Edmond Marcus All State Agency.
Speaker 4: You're always in good hands.
Speaker 2: Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 3: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 14: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health than fitness deserve the best you deserve.
Speaker 10: Arizona Health the lead manage and exercise equipment on twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 15: Craving Tucson's best burger, the Fourth Avenue Legend is back. Lindy's on Fourth is celebrating twenty years and Lindy himself is back behind the grill. We've got new mouthwatering burgers and great daily drink specials. Don't miss our upcoming twentieth Anniversary Summer Bash and year end celebration. So come down to Lindy's on Fourth or order online at l fourth dot com. Lindy and Tucson's Best Burger are waiting.
Speaker 16: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union. We believe less is more. Let's pies need more money in your pocket. Less hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids lessis More philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branching at the two Sun Spectrum permid Federal Cord at Union where less is More federally insured and by NCUA an Equal Opportunity lender.
Speaker 13: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio AP. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to the ball. Here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty Steve Rivera, you're Dave Silver. You got about fifteen minutes. If you want to call, please dude five two zero four one six seventy four.
Speaker 4: Great to talk to.
Speaker 2: Probably Mower.
Speaker 3: He was he was on that that fantastic nineteen ninety three eras in a baseball team that had I don't know how many players got drafted or went on too the play professionally, and they came so close to getting to Omaha. They lost in the last game at Oklahoma State. I don't know, they were head in the eighth inn and it was one of those kind of heartbreaking defeats. And again most of those guys left. I thought might have been one of Jerry Kendall's last seasons, if not his last season. Yeah, so it's kind of like the changing of the guard. All these guys left. I'm pretty sure George Arius, who still lives in Tucson was on that team. But it was such a such a great team that really had all these and didn't get there. We had a really interesting I mean, if anybody cares, but we were covering both softball, who was in Oklahoma City, and baseball was in Stillwater in the same weekend or whatever it was that week, so we drove a couple of times between those two cities to cover those. Yes, but yeah, that ninety three team was was really good.
Speaker 2: And I don't remember because I don't need I didn't cover it back then, but I covered softball during that time because Kendre was headed for another title. Yeah, yeah, no, Wow, I didn't realize they had that those guys on that team. The audience is in the mooens and the Yeah, Robbie was there. I'm pretty I'm pretty sure George was there three years round. He mentioned Todd Brown, who's the coach at New Mexico. He was a Sabino guy.
Speaker 3: He you know, went off and play you played here and then wound up coaching at like North Dakota State. I want to say, so, he's been in the business for a long time, right.
Speaker 2: Still, God, it seems like just yesterday, and these guys are like fifty something, Yeah, fifty two wish maybe, because if it's thirty two years ago, right, there had to be in their twenties or twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: So I was fifty two years old, not old. You're not old, Dave, I'm not old.
Speaker 3: No, that was a good team. I just looked at them up real quick. Thirty five and twenty. I mean they were not that great in the Pac ten, sixteen and fourteen, and then what but thirty five and twenty six?
Speaker 2: But then what happened, and they started getting rolling and played who Oklahoma State in the front.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In that regional they had George, they had Tony Bowie who want to oh yeah yeah falls well, William Morales who played a Tucson High.
Speaker 4: And Tony Mooie played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 3: Right of course, Jason Thompson was a big first baseman, big strong hitter, john Tajik Robbie.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was a good team. I remember Johnson because he used to hit the crap out of the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they lost Oklahoma State eleven to ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, people don't realize, I know, because they give a lot of pressure to the softball team and obviously the football team, but the basketball team and baseball team. And I still think the baseball team is probably harder to maneuver to get to Omaha to it's final eight because there's so many landmines. But look, I mean you could be very good and still not do anything. Look at Tennessee, look at Texas, Look at all these teams that.
Speaker 4: Didn't get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that was a surprise. The whole weekend was just kind of watching, like Murray State slipping through and sliding and getting past Duke and they had to play that game I think was on Monday, right, there was either it was in a weather situation, whatever it was. Yeah, and then their stadium holds like eight hundred people. Do know, Murray State, there's gonna be a bunch of stories if you look. There's been some stories written about their coach and just you know, turn the Cinderella story obviously of the group of eight.
Speaker 2: I don't tell you, man, you could be at in Cinderella or underdog whatever and be in Oma.
Speaker 4: It happens all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean maybe not so much in football, but basketball there's always gonna be somebody, it seems, at least in the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: Well, this year was the first year long in a long time it didn't happen in all the all the true to form people kind of made it to the finals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but generally, you know, you're gonna see that, and maybe not so much in those other sports sports like that, I should say.
Speaker 4: But in what do you what do you make of the new ruling? It came out Friday night.
Speaker 2: I hadn't seen you since with the with the with the disaster, and I had a Reggie On He kind of explained it more to me. Now where you know, it's twenty point five million dollars. Uh, they have to come up with that every year, right, you obey and every school just how to me, that's unimaginable.
Speaker 3: And where do you go to the same people every year for twenty and a half. It's gonna be tough, it's gonna be interesting. There's gonna be a lot of lawsuits. There's gonna be a lot of uh losses, There's gonna be a lot of under the table stuff.
Speaker 4: Because it's gonna go back to what it was though.
Speaker 3: These guys are they're they're there. It's only gonna be that amount of money, right, only the twenty million, But nowadays guys can get.
Speaker 4: More than that anyway with the nil right, right, So.
Speaker 3: They're gonna try to and that's still available, right. And they brought in, you know, a guy from Major League Baseball to kind of run the show and be in charge of all this. He's a lawyer. He you know, he's been kind of following college sports a little bit, but he's been working for MLB. That's the guy they bring in to be like the commissioner of this whole process.
Speaker 4: It's I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm paying attention, but I don't really really up to speed on everything. I'm listening to a lot of things and reading as much as everybody else. And how's how's going to play out. I don't understand how they're going to pull this big off, and not just this year. You can't save it. You got to do it again next year and the next year. Like I said, I'm glad, I'm almost out of the business of doing it. But this is the easy part of it. Well, you know there's a picture from Texas Tech who got the million dollars. She's already got her next million. Yeah, before this whole ruling came down.
Speaker 2: It was almost the day before the day of that she got beat Monday night and whatever the.
Speaker 4: Name in Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was watching the games the other night they had you know, Mahomes was there, Patrick Mahomes, and they were saying, oh, you know, he may have helped a little bit with her nil with him and Adidas, Like that's what's happening now, I guess. But there's also a big booster at Texas Tech. The former football player who wound up becoming a billionaire in the oil and gas business.
Speaker 2: And that's how Texas is. I mean, the whole state. Is they have money like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the big schools like that, or if they have big alumni. I'm sure Arizona is scouring the universe to try to find somebody who can help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have it in Arizona. Guy, he just inherited a bunch of cactus and he's gonna donate at all to UBA.
Speaker 4: You know it's not oil. Now, what can you do. He's gonna get out of the real estate.
Speaker 2: All the real estate developers, a lot of those that stuff that comes out of the cactus.
Speaker 4: Tell me.
Speaker 2: Put on their fingers and hands in their face. I don't know, uh, you know the mint that they're gonna sell it on the sidebox and then give all the money to the Ubay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see. I mean we've got we've got some wealthy alums, I'm sure. But and I'm sure they're being well chucked out.
Speaker 2: Well, the school is, the program is and now this yeah, man, how many wells? How many wells are they going to go to? Yeah, so we'll see, we'll see. Good to talk to Robbie Mohan again at the four seventeen hour, we're going to talk to Clark christ another former U of A baseball player, more known, I think more recently as a scout. Found a lot of good dudes pooholes I think it said yes, and a couple of others, and all mentioned that he had a stroke recently. He's actually doing rehab now. He said he'd be able to talk to us at four seventeen. He's going to give out of rehab for us and come on the show.
Speaker 3: So he was, I mean you mentioned Kenny. Kenny's someone that signed. Kenny left him out of the U of A to go to the Houston Astros I guess organization in those years, and he was their scouts and you would always see his name in the news. Greg Hanson did a good job of following his career and Clark Kris signed this guy. Yeah, so he was he had to have been, you know, had a great reputation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he helped me. Twelve years ago.
Speaker 2: I was at the Muscular Distribute Association as a PR guy and he was a kid, our national spokesperson. He was in a wheelchair, had had a debilitating disease, was Cincinnati Red fan, and I knew who to get a go to to get a signature from one of the fans, and Clark got it from me right away and he loved it. You know, when you're twelve years old and you're getting these balls are signed by some people.
Speaker 4: He was thrilled for it.
Speaker 2: So you know, you know, you know who to go to.
Speaker 3: We've been pretty lucky and Tuson to have people like that, you know, who've been connected to major League Baseball by Darcy at Darcy and Paul Moscow and some of the others through the years. The Duncan brothers, Ron Hassee, you know, and they they would come back to town or they they maybe they've sometimes they've retired here, they come back.
Speaker 2: Tom Spencer, Yeah, remember I have had him on the show, but he was back in the day with Cleveland I think.
Speaker 4: When they come here for the spring training. Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 3: Like when Ron Hassee was playing for the Indians, it was always, you know, the go to story.
Speaker 2: You got to do a feature, Yeah, because he's here. Yeah, did you enjoy that? Did you enjoy going to spring training?
Speaker 3: I liked yeah, I mean I did you I did? It was it was our chance to be in the major leagues for just like I hate the guys. Some of the guys were you know, some of them were not. Yeah, it was a mixed, mixed bag. I mean I had some good, good moments, good memories, and other than like God, I can't believe he he acted that way. But other times, I mean, have you have.
Speaker 4: I asked you this question, who's your hero sports hero?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I have one?
Speaker 4: Okay, so one I was gonna say, if you ever met him?
Speaker 2: And the cliche is, or the statement is, you don't want to meet your your heroes because they're not what you think they are.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was I don't want to put him down, but I mean I was a big Reggie Jackson fan when I was a kid girl, and I had.
Speaker 2: A chance to meet him at Springs Rains.
Speaker 3: Here I was here, I was working, and I had a chance to try to interview him, and it was just so disappointing the end result. I can't get too much into it, but beyond that is like, that's that's going to be the story I tell my kids. You know, Reggie Jackson, he's one of the all time greats, and he had no time for us if I wasn't like the National broadchect.
Speaker 4: He make it very apparent that he, oh, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: That's so obvious, and that those are the problems sometimes you run into. Yeah, when you're dealing with the big time athletes like that, as opposed to when you're dealing with college kids like we've done most of our careers, or even schoolers. You know, they're so grateful to have the attention, but when they get to that level sometimes yeah, Well he told.
Speaker 2: This to Candyatti. Tom Candyetty, I said, anytime I needed a story, let you know, go to the cleaving.
Speaker 4: But I go to Tom because he was a good guy.
Speaker 2: You know. Julio Franco not so much. Kevinindi when he was here with the Astros, not so much. So you knew, right, you knew who go to go to and not to go to.
Speaker 3: I remember, you know, I was a big Tony gwyn fan too, because I mean I went to San Diego State. Of course, he went there, and I had to guilt him into doing an interview, like I'm like Tony, I don't want to talk Tony. I'm an Aztec, all right. He came up out of the dugout and he talked and it was you know what it was. It was like Jackie Robinson day two or something. It was some big, big moment where he should be out there talking and being out in public.
Speaker 4: And he did.
Speaker 3: But that's how I remember that story was I had to like almost.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, get them to come out just because we were I had that with uh, Mark Grace when he was with the Cops. Yeah, Mark Grace when the when the Cubs finally decided to put lights on their fields right back.
Speaker 4: In eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, can you give me some time?
Speaker 4: And blah blah blah, and he says, yeah, and you've got another good guy.
Speaker 2: But you know you had to kind of you know, hunt and pack and say you got a couple of seconds, you know, a couple of questions.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed that time.
Speaker 3: It was a busy time of year always because you had you know, March Madness kind of rolling in through through the month, and on top of covering you know, the local teams and bringing spring training and it was like a game a day, at least.
Speaker 4: One or two sometimes three games a day, right, So it was it was.
Speaker 2: It was quite a tough and it's different for TV than it is for meeting newspapers too.
Speaker 4: You know, all you need is a real quick silum sound bite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would go and get you know, get a couple of highlights, and you know, we'd leave and it would be too nothing to the final score would be like eleven to ten, right, right, Well they went on to win eleven.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a running joke. You guys had it easy.
Speaker 2: No, you had to sit through the whole game of the whole game, and you didn't even write about the game because you're writing about a feature that you you know, spent five minutes with the guy.
Speaker 4: Right, but you know, oh yeah, by the way, the game was eleven to ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we would We would sometimes do that too, where you'd show, you know, three highlights, but then we'd also do like a feature that we would get before the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or bank them.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you bank them, oh yes, yeah, yeah, sure, so you didn't have to go out the next day or whatever. Yeah, what time is it?
Speaker 4: We got time?
Speaker 2: We got about a minute. Okay, so again we got about a minute. No breaking news because the kids aren't here we can break our own news. Yeah, you have a couple of things. I think, right, sure we can that, and then we're gonna go to Clark Chris at four seventeen, so the phone lines will be open. You can call us five two oh four, one, six, seventy four, forty. We had a couple of good calls yesterday. Team Money called yesterday about the interviews, and he was fan boeing Regig Geary fan bullying him, bowing boye boy oh boy.
Speaker 3: But you know one last thing about Robbie Mohen. They had eleven players drafted that year from that team, Wow, ninety three team.
Speaker 4: He was not one of them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: He talked about rob Ippolito. Yeah, sixty ninth round draft.
Speaker 4: Pick in those years. Yeah, they only go how far now they don't go too far.
Speaker 3: George, he was on that team, Arius seventh round, Tim Schweitzer, seventh round, Jason Thompson ninth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Robbie was not drafted.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take a break, come back on the other side.