Speaker 1: Y'all ripped up news, you need advice? Who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can shoot is gonna help coming?
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, I'm Tom Martino here. Let's talk about what we can do for you. This is the show that solves problems, answers questions, takes complaints, and makes your life a little easier. And I do have Major Mark Major with us along with Brian Burns Compass Insurance.
Speaker 4: Brian's in the studio along with deputy Doc and Bow. Welcome one and all, thank you for being here. And Brian decided he'd rather be with ugly people than basking my rate, your glory here at the ship here.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, So.
Speaker 4: Brian, it's okay you want to be Brian heard. They have better piece at the studio by the way. Welcome, and Brian will be doing insurance checkups today. And insurance checkups are where you get your declarations page and you look at what coverage you have and you look to see if you're paying too much or maybe you're under insured.
Speaker 3: Maybe you are. And so Brian, I have a text right off the bat.
Speaker 4: From a high individual and this individual high net worth individual says, I have an umbrella policy because I've always heard you should ensure for your net worth first and foremost, Brian, before we move on, which you explain why people should ensure for their net worth and not just for a sensible amount.
Speaker 5: Well, whenever you get in to and the most common time you see an umbrella come into play is after an auto accident. So if you get into an auto acc and you enter someone and you are let's say you're you have a net worth of ten million dollars and you have a one million dollar umbrella. If they feel like they can get more than that, they're going to sue you for a larger amount. Your insurance company is going to settle for the million dollars and then they're out of it. And at that point you have to get your own attorney and you have to protect yourself for the remaining amount. So you just want to make sure that you have an umbrella that would be you know, close to your net worth so that if you do get sued, your insurance company is going to be able to stay with you through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you you don't want to be an attractive target or you want to have insurance be a more attractive target than you are, so they're willing to take insurance and move on.
Speaker 5: Right, and you want your insurance company to stay in the game. In other words, you know, if they if they're on the hook for five million dollars or whatever, the greater the amount, the less likely they're just going to settle. They're going to make sure they kind of carry you through the loss.
Speaker 4: But I thought when insurance settles with the other party, I thought they make them indemnify you for the future.
Speaker 5: They sure try to, but that's not a guarantee. So I mean, I've seen it many, many times where an insurance company settles because they know that they're going to be paying way more than whatever the amount is that you have for insurance, and they'll say, you know what, here's your fifty thousand, if that's what you have or whatever that amount is, we're out. And at that point they don't indemnify them and they can still come after the customer.
Speaker 4: Now, while we're on the air, and you do it all the time, but while we're on the air, we like to highlight insurance checkups. So if you're a home or business, either one commercial or residential and you want to get your insurance reviewed.
Speaker 3: It'll take just a few minutes. You don't have to stay on the phone while they do it, just take your information and then they call you back. You can call directly to the help center or to them three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, and then you can call us as well three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand. I want to start with Dawn and Dale right now. They were working with Deputy Doc and I believe the problem had to do with AutoNation, Doc. Can you can you recap that problem?
Speaker 4: It had to do with a twenty thirteen Jeep Grand Cherokee right one hundred and eight thousand miles and if they bought it for they bought it for sixteen grand with a warranty, and after forty six miles the engine light came on. Autoonation has had it for two months.
Speaker 6: Well, if you remember, I tried to get in touch with Autonations and I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Three times on three times you were hung up on you were hung up on right.
Speaker 6: So Friday I physically went down to the AutoNation dealership on a rapa Hole road and it turns out that they don't know. They're a butt from the elbow. But there are two places, two different service areas. One is for subar rus that are brought there and another one is for other makes of cars that are brought there for repairs. And apparently there's a secondary lot where the car was. So they got in, as far as I remember, they got in touch with Dawn and Dale and then they were.
Speaker 7: Gonna let me know what happened.
Speaker 3: So what happened when they got in.
Speaker 7: Touch with you guys?
Speaker 3: Yes, so give us the latest Dawn and.
Speaker 8: Dale from them right, Dad down on Saturday herself and ended up getting banned from property.
Speaker 3: Banned from the proper. How do you get banned from the property?
Speaker 8: Come on, come on, he kind of made a scene.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought, That's what I thought. I mean.
Speaker 4: But but but wait a minute. How let me talk to him? Dale?
Speaker 3: Dale? How did you get banned? All you had to do was go down and say, you know, we're working with the Martino Show.
Speaker 4: Did you find the vehicle yet? How did that escalate into you getting banned? Tell us what happened? Step by step? You show up? Who did you talk to first?
Speaker 9: I didn't talk to anybody first. I went straight to the showroom and asked for everybody's attention.
Speaker 10: I was pissed.
Speaker 3: I liked this guy. Now, what do you mean how did you get everyone's attention?
Speaker 9: Because I said, I now over the showroom. Can I please have everybody's's attention?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Okay, I get you now.
Speaker 9: I said, I know you guys are here to buy a car or a truck or something, but do yourself a favorite turn around, walk out and never come back.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, but why didn't you first see?
Speaker 4: Why didn't you first see if Doc's conversation did any good.
Speaker 9: All the people were there, and I know I wasn't going to I didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: But Dale, you knew your car was in the secondary lot. Did you go over there? Now?
Speaker 4: Okay, so anyway, after you made this announcement, I'm just curious, Dale, I'm curious when you made this announcement. I am very curious, by the way, because what Dale did is not illegal or wrong in many people's eyes, and he's pissed off. But what I want to know, Dale, is when you were making the announcement, did anyone leave?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: So, no one listened, No one listened to you really, So did anyone come and try to stop you from talking?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 9: Then the manager came over and told me that I have to leave.
Speaker 4: Okay, and of course you you do have to leave if they asked you to leave, otherwise it's trespass.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And he said I'll call the cops on you. I said, I don't care, So I guess somebody called the cops, and the cops came over. By that time, I was walking outside okay, because I knew I needed to leave.
Speaker 3: Sure. Sure.
Speaker 9: I started walking outside and there were three people that were kind of starting to walk in, and I stopped them and started talking to them. I said, you guys want to buy a car here? And he said yeah. I said, do yourself a favorite, turn around.
Speaker 10: And walk away.
Speaker 9: Okay, So then what happened to us? I find him what happened to us didn't make any different to him.
Speaker 10: They walked right in.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 4: Just so you know, just so you know, the problem wasn't so much the problem with you. It's not like the automation did anything wrong. If you had something wrong with the used car as is, it would have been. And then if you had the warranty that that was all a separate issue. They didn't really do anything wrong in the beginning. What happened that made it wrong is that they started ignoring you and you didn't know where the hell.
Speaker 3: Your car was. So it's kind of a weird situation.
Speaker 4: Okay, So on your way out, you talk to another couple who walked in, and then what happened then to keep going?
Speaker 11: Well, the police were there and they said, I don't have.
Speaker 9: To leave, and so I said, okay, an he asked from ID. I gave the ID and the managers were out there by then and asked, you need this guy to leave, and I said yes, and they said yes. So I went ahead and left at that point. But a nothing I wanted to mention to you. The car did not ever overheat. Okay, I think you an assumption that did overheat you.
Speaker 3: No, No, I never. I was never under that assumption. I said that dealer said. The dealer said the warranty won't cover it because it overheated.
Speaker 9: I did not, and they ran out done the entire time.
Speaker 3: No, no, listen, these extended warranties. I want to tell you something, Dale and Dawn, we're with you.
Speaker 4: The problem is the problem is They make it almost impossible because you're fighting and you can't afford to They basically turned down your the warranty claim. These warranties suck. They simply said, sorry, we're not covering it. It's overheated. All right, then what do you do?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 4: But the real problem now is getting your damn car back. Let's say you want to get your car back and get it checked by someone. Where is your car?
Speaker 9: Far as I know, it's done a lot?
Speaker 3: But do you know did you see it? Did you see it when you were there? No?
Speaker 9: Oh I did not. Did your guys see it at all?
Speaker 6: Did you go to the secondary lot where they told you your car would be?
Speaker 10: Oh? I didn't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Well now, no, no, he was told it was in a secondary lot.
Speaker 4: We don't have to go over to talk. We don't have to go over it. We we know what they said. They said, it's at the secondary lot. Here's the deal.
Speaker 3: Maybe don Why didn't they'll go there? Well, I don't know why Dale didn't go there him because he wanted to make a scene.
Speaker 4: He wanted to raise hell. He listen, he's admitting it. My hat's off to Dale. He's not trying to hide. He's saying, look, these people did him wrong. He wants people to know.
Speaker 3: He wants people to know which which AutoNation is this. I want to get it specifically. It's see arap, it's the uh okay, got it? Okay?
Speaker 4: I mean you know, look, you got to give him credit. This is something in the early days Mark would have done as an individual before he became on the radio. This is exactly. I remember one time when Mark first not first started, but he started on the radio with me. He went to an auction where a guy was auctioning off stuff and this guy had been known to take stuff, auction it off and keep the money.
Speaker 3: Mark, do you remember that? Can you remember that you were on the auction and this guy starts aggating. Mark yells out, what did you yell out?
Speaker 13: I don't you know what? We're thinking of? Two different ones. You're thinking of one in the nineties. I in Parker, in Parker, that was in Parker, Man, that was forever ago.
Speaker 3: I know it, I know it. But that was a live auction.
Speaker 4: And you yelled, don't buy from this crook or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: So it was very Anyway, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina Here waterpros dot net the best water systems and lowest prices.
Speaker 3: Get rid of microplastics. I want to bring something up. This is really important. There are now class.
Speaker 4: Actions is being done about plastics against bottle manufacturers. What I don't understand is how they find an individual defendant or who the defendant is. But in any case, class actions are popping up about bottled water. And then the government, the EPA has this ongoing research for standardization of methods. They're going to start imposing restrictions on plastics and water. So keep that in mind, and if you want to get them out of your drinking water around twelve hundred bucks reverse osmosiswatercos dot net and you'll never get a price like that.
Speaker 3: Now, listen, we just what do we do, Mark? What do we do about this problem? Really? What do we do?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 13: I mean, you got to get his car back, So that's number one. I'm not quite sure how he's going to do that at this point. Maybe have the wife go down or a friend go down pick up the car or Lee Jael's daughter. Yeah, and get it somewhere else. I mean, that's what he's got to do. And get it on Don Don's his daughter.
Speaker 4: Okay, so down, Here's what I want you to I want you to call and say nothing but this.
Speaker 3: You simply want to pick up your car.
Speaker 4: Just talk, don't talk about any issue, just say, look, I want to pick up the car, and certainly Doc, maybe you can make another call and let's right now just get the car.
Speaker 3: Let's just get the car. I personally think it's not going to be covered.
Speaker 4: Anyway, no matter what. I just don't think it's going to be covered. Let's let's go to Laurie. Now, Laurie, welcome to the show. You want to call about a guy that's already on the sleeze Brigade. By the way, I have up updated the sleeves Brigade, and I added that one guy at the speed shop.
Speaker 3: What's the name of that shop again? Mark, that guy is such a something loud speedcat.
Speaker 15: Yeah, go CAATs.
Speaker 3: His name's Eric Brown. Yeah, Eric Brown, seven years ago, the only one. Oh my god, Mark, that's just one of many.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: In any case, Laurie, Laurie, did you find out after you got ripped off that this guy was on the sleeves Brigade? What happened? Tell us your story, Laurie, Yeah, after the fact.
Speaker 4: So what did you use him for? He's a mobile mechanic, right.
Speaker 16: I had just got back from Colorado, my first day back to work. He approached me because I had kind of been looking for a generator from my camper van. He approached me and tells me he's found me a camper van. He found me a generator.
Speaker 4: It was a great So what do you mean he approached you? What do you mean he approached you first of all to get it?
Speaker 16: He was where I work?
Speaker 3: Where does he work?
Speaker 9: At?
Speaker 16: The tank of ready swapped me. He was only there about two months, but he's okay, like five of us swall he was there.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: The guy can't. He just can't do anything, honestly. So you were working with.
Speaker 16: Him, Well, I wasn't working by his side.
Speaker 3: I know, I understand, but.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we worked. He's there and he was kind of a boss for the ground, so he got to know everybody. Well, so he's talking about this great generator that he bought off this guy took it off the RV. He said it would be great. Four hundred dollars and he charged me two hundred to put it on, right, Okay, he shows me a picture. I've paid three hundred, and then he comes and tells me, Wow, you're going to need a switch plate and that's another three hundred. So now you know we're up to nine hundreds.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. And this is for a generator.
Speaker 16: Right and and known in three thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh we're talking about one of those big So you're talking about the whole house generator right right? For how much? Wait a minute, how much he.
Speaker 16: Said he got it off of a guy, off of an RV that the guy was getting rid of the r How.
Speaker 3: Much, yes, how much total? How much total? Well, that's a lot of red flags. Yeah, because that's cheap.
Speaker 16: Actually right right, Wow, I'm not the only one.
Speaker 3: Do we still do?
Speaker 13: You got an updated phone number on this bomb? This guy's a real a piece of work.
Speaker 16: I got his phone number. I got his dad.
Speaker 13: Hey, Kelly, let's reach out. Let's show him how far our reach goes. Because this guy sucks in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Oh number, Yeah, we want a phone number.
Speaker 16: Okay, let me give it. I got to look it up. He's in my contact.
Speaker 3: So what he's telling you now, pound saying what? What's his what means? Did he do anything at all for the money? Did he do anything at all for the money?
Speaker 17: He tried to.
Speaker 16: He took my tire off underneath there and said, well, I won't fit with the generator. He took it off.
Speaker 3: He won't fit with Yeah, hey is that mark? Do you have an on N or do you have a bigger one? N?
Speaker 10: Mind?
Speaker 13: So what's the other big brand? The green one? Genera general? No, it's not generic.
Speaker 3: It must be an I thought was the green one?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Whatever?
Speaker 3: The green one is.
Speaker 16: Like the one that you look up like underneath your your r V or your camper van that rest your gas.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what's his phone number? Did you find his phone number?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's five two zero seven nine four one zero nine.
Speaker 3: Does it still work?
Speaker 16: As far as I know as of a week ago, it did.
Speaker 4: Let's say that he you're saying that he ripped off how many people at work?
Speaker 16: I'm Jasmine. Her truck broke down and it was out of town. And he told her if she gave him three hundred dollars that he would have a toad and fix it.
Speaker 4: For so he got he got eight hundred from you, And how much did he get from all the other people?
Speaker 16: He got three hundred from Jasmine, he got seven hundred from Isaiah. He's got a car from a seedrow. I told Roberto his car is not where he lives. I know a Cedro's car, it's not there.
Speaker 3: This guy with the car and from.
Speaker 16: Work, he sold power tools and a generator. My boss said, did you see the generator? I said yeah. He said what color is it? I said, I saw too, there's a red one in a box.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this guy's just a crook. What a cry mark. Isn't it amazing? Aren't it amazing how our sleeves Brigade just finds the right kind of people. And what I mean is they they always resurface doing ripoffs.
Speaker 3: You would think that they would change. Nah, they never change. Yeah, Now hold.
Speaker 4: On, hold on, Let's figure out what we can do to get this guy. We'll have Kelly reach out. Plus we'll do more right after this on The Troubleshooter Show three o three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Don't forget the extreme.
Speaker 4: Clean check from fix It twenty four to seven thirty nine bucks for your AC thirty nine dollars with the heat here.
Speaker 3: You need this.
Speaker 4: It's a clean check and tune for just thirty nine bucks.
Speaker 3: Fix my Home dot com book.
Speaker 4: Now go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talk seven month three eight two five five Louri. So she had this guy, Bill van Alstein mobile mechanic rip her off several people at work. The guy's been on my sleeves brigade for years.
Speaker 3: She didn't know that. She happened to work with him. And do you know where he went, Laurie, after he got fired from there or did he quit? Did he get fired or quit?
Speaker 16: I think he resigned when he realized it was getting heavy because people wanted their money back and the boss was questioning on the generator and power tools that were gone, and he would take money out of the cash box to go get like a battery for the golf cart and then never come back with a battery and then tried to say someone saw him put it in, while that never happened. You focketed that money, too, godly?
Speaker 3: So anyway, what what plan do you have? What like? Do you know where he is?
Speaker 16: Yes, we all filed with the Sheriff's department.
Speaker 3: We had wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, did you just say he got a job with the Sheriff's department.
Speaker 16: No, we filed all I'm sorry, we filed a report. We all had to write out a statement, and we've got a case number against him.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 16: For some reason, I took a picture of where he lives is out in the desert on dirt roads with no signs. If you don't know how to get there, it's hard to find.
Speaker 3: You found, So you can serve him now.
Speaker 16: Right, Well, so I had taken pictures also of the posts out on the road, of the numbers for that area back there, because.
Speaker 3: Where does he live? Where does he live? What area? Just in general?
Speaker 16: What area west of Tucson.
Speaker 3: The Tucson Okay, so this guy isn't just man near.
Speaker 16: The Tucson of State off of eighty six off of Boss Road.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, okay, Now his phone number still works.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 16: My boss told me I shouldn't talk to him at all, but a week ago it was still working.
Speaker 3: Kelly. Did you try that number? I did, yes, and I loved a message.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it was a working number. I want everyone to leave a message. I want you to let Bill van Alstein or William van Alstein.
Speaker 11: No that we know about out here he.
Speaker 3: Goes by Michael.
Speaker 16: Yeah, here.
Speaker 3: Michael on the Sleeves Brigade. He's listed as Michael.
Speaker 16: Right his picture on your Please Brigade, he looks a little bit younger, like, yeah, a little bit a lot younger actually, so he's.
Speaker 4: Way older than that picture. I got to get an updated picture. Hey, let's deputy sues or executive producer sues X.
Speaker 3: She is good at finding picks up people.
Speaker 4: Maybe we can have her dog this guy out and get a pick an updated one.
Speaker 16: He still looks the same, he just looks older. Yeah, and it's longer.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, it's really too bad. I wish we got to Mark. We got to somehow push out this sleaze brigade more and get people looking at it. It's got pretty good rankings Seo ring Kis, but we gotta we got to really get people to look at this more. I know one time when Mark found or a couple times he finds people in a certain category and he goes out and actually is social media and pushes it to specific audiences that will come across it because they need those services at the time. And I think that's a really good way of doing it too. Three oh three, seven to one to three, talk Laurie right now. Other than getting the word out, I'm not sure, there's much we can do for you, and thank goodness you're and I know this sounds crazy, but you're only out eight hundred.
Speaker 16: Only Ray, I've lot more than that in the past.
Speaker 3: Than well.
Speaker 4: Thank you for letting us know, though. We're going to make a note of this and I'm going to update that. I want to go to r Z right now. I hope I'm saying the name right RZ. ARSI, Yes, okay, can you tell me what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Rzi?
Speaker 10: Well, I lost.
Speaker 18: I lost my sister Cosetta, I lost my mother Theoma, I lost my dad.
Speaker 3: Oh, I remember this one, I remember this.
Speaker 4: We had a question for Dan McKenzie and we got him on ARSI has one sister.
Speaker 3: And two half brothers.
Speaker 4: His mom and oldest sister both recently passed away. He became their personal representative. But you were removed due to alleged improprieties, so that pretty much sums it up. Of course, you don't agree that you should have been removed, and I wanted to ask Dan McKenzie a couple general questions. First, Dan McKenzie, McKenzie law, thank you, by the way for being here.
Speaker 10: Dan.
Speaker 3: We appreciated all.
Speaker 4: He's an estate an attorney who can help you in Colorado, and I'll give out his contact information after this? How does someone get removed as a personal representative?
Speaker 19: Somebody, a beneficiary or maybe a creditor would have petitioned the court and said that he needed to be removed.
Speaker 3: Now do they have to have proof or that they just not like the guy? Or how does that work?
Speaker 19: I mean, I think the court, you know, this is really an equable situation where the court is gonna try and do what's beth, But yeah, they need to bring forth something and saying look, he's not doing the job or he's that is often the most common actually actually complain that the person is just not acting diligently and with enough speed. Did he tell you what the basis of was for the removal?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What exactly did they say you did?
Speaker 18: Are they faith that stole from the estate? And they've said a number of other things, And I probably shouldn't repair fort on the air.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we don't know, we don't know names really of deceased or counties or any I mean that's up to you, you don't have to. But in general, do they have any actual paper trail for this money?
Speaker 10: She don't.
Speaker 18: They don't have a drop. Everything that they got is a damn lie.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, give me an example of one of the.
Speaker 4: Biggest lies that they have that you say is a lie.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 18: Well, they said that I stole my sister's truck. Is sitting out here in my driveway where it's always been sitting. I had to run it down and locate it.
Speaker 13: Oh well, just out of curiosity, man, let's just stick to this truck. So where was it and why did you go get it? And why did you bring it to your house?
Speaker 18: Because my sister, my oldest sister, passed away. The last time I saw, she asked me to get her truck.
Speaker 13: Okay, So before she died, she told you to go get her truck when she dies.
Speaker 18: Yeah, okay, Well yeah she didn't.
Speaker 10: I didn't.
Speaker 18: She just wanted me to go get the truck. We weren't expecting her to die.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it.
Speaker 4: And so you were using you were using the truck before she died, No, sir.
Speaker 18: No, sir, Some other people were using it some uh, because.
Speaker 10: That was a was a school teacher.
Speaker 3: Okay, so so other people.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go on a trail here other people were using it and you went and got it. Yes, okay, and you kept it at your house for how long before she died?
Speaker 18: It's still here and now No.
Speaker 4: What I meant was how long was it at your house before she died?
Speaker 18: I guess about two months?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 4: And Dan McKenzie, let me ask you this. If someone has property of a deceased person.
Speaker 3: And they die, or are they supposed to like forfeit the property or say you, by the way, I have her truck or.
Speaker 19: What I mean, it's up the personal representative to go get it.
Speaker 9: And just figure out, like, okay, why did you have it?
Speaker 19: I mean, obviously it could be on my loan or just there for sure, whatever else, sure, and then it's still there.
Speaker 9: It is personal property.
Speaker 19: People really underestimate how often it's the problem because of stuff like this, where it's just like it's there. Was it a gift to him previously or was he really just storing it?
Speaker 3: Would that be enough?
Speaker 4: Would that be enough just showing that he had her truck? Could that be enough by its appearance to get him removed as a personal representative?
Speaker 19: I mean, okay, you know, you get in front of a court, it's like, you know, you really can't predict that.
Speaker 20: Arguably it was sort of you know, it'd be a.
Speaker 19: Smart thing to do, though, right, I mean you don't want to leave it somewhere where it's unsupervised. I mean, I guess my question for him is was there a court like there should have been, like some sort of hearing that you appeared at and made this case. Did that happen?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was there a hearing?
Speaker 18: I haven't been to any kind of hearing.
Speaker 3: Well where it supposed to go to one? Maybe ARSI did you?
Speaker 4: Let's let's start. Let's start right from the beginning. Are we talking about being removed from your mom's or your sister's estate?
Speaker 18: My mom and my sister's the state.
Speaker 3: But there were two separate estates, right right? Who died first?
Speaker 10: Oh's that? No?
Speaker 18: I'm sorry, I'm my mother?
Speaker 3: Did okay? When your mom? Hold on? One step at a time. I want to be very basic, when your mom died? Did you open probate? No? Okay? Hold on, we got more coming right up?
Speaker 4: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: And listen there, I'm Tom Archie. You know you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven to one three talk Kinage Home Solutions for windows, siding, doors, and more. They also have pros now for painting.
Speaker 3: Khwindows dot Com, a company we've known and trusted for sixty five years. Cage Windows dot Com painting.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Bill has an issue with a bankingout. But Dan McKenzie, Before we go on with that, I want to go back to this probate issue, and that is what do we do?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Usually there's a hearing, and ARSI said there was no hearing. RZI when they removed you. They had to have had some kind of a hearing. You open, you open probate, You opened probate, and what was your first duty and probate. What did you do when you open probate for your mother? What did you do? What was your first action?
Speaker 18: I got an attorney and then what, Oh my god yet dyeing and paper?
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what one of the problems we're gonna have, and I'm just gonna be straight like I have been lately. ARSI doesn't even understand what the hell's going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'd like to ask Dan McKenzie about structure and procedure after this.
Speaker 4: Forget RSI right now. ARSI doesn't know what the hell's going on. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your cover at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped. You need advice who you don't have the.
Speaker 2: Come running Jesus as the kid show, Shooter's Gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martinez, Hey.
Speaker 1: That is me.
Speaker 3: I am here along with Major, Mark Major and the gang back at the studio. I'm at the I'm at the Sister Ship and we are here fighting for you. Welcome to the show. Brian Burns with some Compass insurance group. And I got to.
Speaker 4: Remind you because we've had so many calls in between. We are doing insurance checkups. So if you call three oh three nine nine to six nine thousand, their main line, they do the insurance checkups all the time and they have the Insurancehelpcenter dot com. But during this show, we like to highlight things that you have in your insurance that maybe you don't need, or maybe you're under insured, or maybe you need to drop this or add this. And what we do is a checkup basically and then see if we can save you money. About eighty five percent of the time we can save you money. But they're they're honest if they can't save you money. So I just want to know if they have any examples right now. If not, we can move on, because again I haven't been promoting it that much. But call three oh three nine niney six nine thousand and say, look, take a look at my coverage.
Speaker 3: Let me know if I can save some money. Anything going on ran.
Speaker 5: We have some that are being quoted. I don't have any examples called okay, good, so.
Speaker 3: All right, fine?
Speaker 4: Now I heard Deputy Bow asking some questions about various types of coverages when it comes to cars, and a lot of people confuse coverages.
Speaker 3: And I want to make something clear.
Speaker 4: If you have a new car or a car with a loan on it, you're required to.
Speaker 3: Have collision coverage. And collision coverage is obviously for the car itself, collision coverage. So if you have a car.
Speaker 4: Financed, you're required to have collision coverage. Now, if your car is not financed or it's older, you may choose to drop collision coverage. And if that's the case, what people are confused about. Sometimes uninsured motorists does not cover the car, Is that right, Brian?
Speaker 5: Uninsured motorist bodily injury does not, But you can get what's called uninsured motorist property damage, and uninsured motors property damage would cover the car only for the specific incident where someone hitch hits the car that does not have insurance.
Speaker 4: And by the way, that could be a good part of the time because so many people are don't have insurance or are under insured nowadays. So it's called uninsured motorist property damage.
Speaker 3: Is That's what it's called. That's what it's called.
Speaker 5: And just to clarify though, what people think sometimes will that where that will cover them as a hit and run, like someone just hits and takes off of their car, is hit in the parking lot. That is not necessarily the definition of someone being uninsured. So it really needs to be that someone does not have insurance and they hit your car and does and do damage.
Speaker 3: Toured and then pay insurance.
Speaker 13: You got one hundred thousand dollars car and they only have twenty five thousand worth your.
Speaker 5: Ensured motorist property damage. It's truly, it's not undur insured motorist property damage. It's uninsured motoris horrible coverage.
Speaker 4: Wow, bo It asked about medpay coverage and what medpay coverage is as opposed to a different what what were you comparing, bo You wanted to know the difference.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just wanted to know the real difference in definition of medical pay unassured motors and are these separate addendums that go.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, medpay pays whether they're insured or not, and uninsured motorists coverage Just just to to to summarize, this is for pain and suffering claims only, not.
Speaker 3: For medical bills. Is that right? But then that's a pretty good description.
Speaker 5: Yeah, medical payments is really there to provide you and like you said, it's a no fault type of coverage, so yeah, it will pay no matter what. And it's to pay for things like you know, hospital bills, those kind of things, whereas unassured motorists is more to provide you know, loss of work, loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering.
Speaker 3: Just like you said, yep, okay, Now I want to go back to Dan McKenzie. Dan, we get this all the time.
Speaker 4: People are personal representative and then they're removed.
Speaker 3: What is the normal?
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about Rz's case because r Z doesn't understand what happened. He said there was no hearing, and I assure you there was a hearing, and Dan, you know there was a hearing. He just didn't know about the hearing. Oh wait, is Dan McKenzie off the line right now.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get him back. If you can quickly, that would be fine.
Speaker 4: Is ours still on the line, because I just what I need for ours to do is basically give us a case number. So just get a case number from him again. People, I want to make something very clear. As an interested party in an estate, when you open probate, you have certain responsibilities. Okay, you must do certain things. One of them is to read the will. Another one is to just take assessment of the property and what the estate owns, and then if you have any doubts you hire an attorney to help you. There will always be hearing your capability if any of the heirs or interested parties think you're doing something wrong. I want to move on to another call now. Bill has an issue with a bank account. Hello Bill, I'm Tom Martino. What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Bill?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Tom, Nice to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. What's happening.
Speaker 22: Well, my wife was found out with brain cancer a couple of years ago, and she had laser surgery the first of May. But she still got bills and need to be paid, and I'm just trying to figure out how to get into her bank account because I'm not on it, and how to get into it so I can access her account and make okay?
Speaker 3: Or Bill, is she incapacitated right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Pretty much.
Speaker 4: You have to be appointed basically her guardian at light the correct Have you been appointed her guardian yet?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 10: Joah?
Speaker 4: Then we will need we will need Dan McKenzie again for this one for sure.
Speaker 3: But Bill, may I asked you a question. She was diagnosed when.
Speaker 22: She was diagnosed back in February twenty.
Speaker 4: Three, okay? And and what did she have?
Speaker 3: A tumor?
Speaker 22: She has three of them in her brain, the two in the frontal right low and one in the back. But they did laser surgery the sixth of May this year to try and relieve that, and it didn't know the way we were anticipating.
Speaker 3: Did it help at all?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is chemo helping at all? Bill?
Speaker 11: She's off a chemo.
Speaker 22: She was doing what do you want to call it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 22: Some kind of immune therapy is what she was doing.
Speaker 10: That took care.
Speaker 3: It's called it's called immunotherapy, right right? But she was hot? Yeah, you know, you know, you know, cancer is near and dear to my hearts, of course, obviously, Uh, being a cancer right now, survivor so far, you guys should have had a durable power of attorney or something set up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, Mark, do you have something set up like that?
Speaker 3: Now? Do you have something right now? In places I don't?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 22: Were really expecting this to happen because it was.
Speaker 3: Only no I know.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly, by the way, why you have it set up is because you don't expect anything. But let's get We'll get Dan McKenzie back on to discuss what to do now, because there is a procedure that you go through now to get control.
Speaker 3: Is she with it at all? Does she have her wits about her?
Speaker 22: Well, she's in a Uh she just got out of the hospital I'm gonna say probably the thirteenth of June and they put her in a rehab center.
Speaker 9: What is she?
Speaker 3: Is she cognitive or is she considered incapacitated?
Speaker 11: Well, she's not incapacitated.
Speaker 22: I wouldn't say, because you can when you can get her to wake up, she will foct you with a one verbal yes. No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And but she really is not She really is not legally competent, is what you're saying.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 22: She's just laying in bed right now. She can't even move. I mean she moves her arms and legs, but that's it. But they're trying to do rehab on her, trying to get her back where she can.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bill, I'm so sorry. I am so sorry you're going through this. Brother, I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you. Hang on, Bill, We're going to try to get McKenzie on.
Speaker 4: I want to remind everyone Compass Insurance Group is here and they are doing quotes or insurance reviews of what you have. Somebody has a question for you, Brian, on texting and insurance coverage.
Speaker 3: They want to know if your insurance.
Speaker 4: Company found out you were texting, would it affect your coverage of anything? If they found out you were texting, could it take away some coverages?
Speaker 3: No, it would not.
Speaker 5: It Just like if someone you know had made a bad decision to drink and drive and they get into an accident, your your insurance still covers you for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha, gotcha? Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's insurance talk today with a Compass insurance group. They're doing comparisons at three h three nine nine six nine thousand. Margaret what's going on with your landscape er, Margaret, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison all Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Martino here. You know life is complicated, Bill. Here's the deal.
Speaker 4: You're going to need to get an attorney's help to get this done properly. You may have to have the courts declare your wife legally incompetent and then have them appoint you in order to do this. Now, Deputy Doc was saying, if you could get her lucid enough to sign something in front of a notary, that might work. And by the way, it may work, Okay, it depends on how lucid she is.
Speaker 3: I mean, if she can only utter syllables or short words.
Speaker 22: And she understands when you're talking to her. I mean, you can talk to her and see you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Then you may want to try something. You may want to try something as simple as that with a durable power of returning. But I would call Dan McKenzie.
Speaker 4: For some reason, Kachina, we're not getting him on the air again, so apparently he's not there. But let me give you his phone number, sure, Dan, Dan McKenzie. It's eight three three. I'm just giving this because it's the easiest one to remember. A three three co plans, Okay, just you just spell that out on the keyboard and there's one extra. Okay, So it's eight three three co plans. His website is coplans dot co. He can really help you, and he's uh, he's a good guy for stuff like this because he can do as little or as much as you need him to do.
Speaker 3: He's just not available right now. I think he had some.
Speaker 4: Court or some some meetings, some legal meetings. So in any case, that's that's the good a good place to start. Call us with anything else you need. But you may want to try the simple route first. That's a pretty good suggestion. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now I want to talk to Margaret about a landscaper.
Speaker 4: Margaret, what is going on? What's happening? Let's talk.
Speaker 23: A lot of thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 23: I did what you said?
Speaker 4: Now you you did what I said? Did you call before Margaret?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 23: I have not, But I did what you shay not to do. And I gave this guy the money upfront.
Speaker 3: Oh how much did you pay up front?
Speaker 11: Eight five?
Speaker 3: Oh lord? What what was he going to do? What was he going to do?
Speaker 9: Forty five?
Speaker 23: He was going to fence the front of our property.
Speaker 3: But why did he need so much money upfront?
Speaker 13: I to finish the job that he had her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said materials. Okay.
Speaker 4: So did you get anything for that money at all? Anything at all?
Speaker 23: I have one hundred and sixty holes drilled.
Speaker 3: And who did you pay this money to?
Speaker 23: The business name is Country Roots Design and.
Speaker 12: Build, Country Roofs Roots Roots Okay, design and build, Design in and Build.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 23: My name is Chance where I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 11: W E y E R where?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Chance? Okay?
Speaker 4: And how did you find him?
Speaker 23: There was a new sign advertising up on the intersection of Delbert and County Line.
Speaker 4: And so you see a new sign, and you figure what, let's take a chance. Was it a cardboard sign or a wood sign?
Speaker 17: No, it was a metal sign of oh okay, there.
Speaker 23: Signs up there. And I had gotten a previous estimate from another company that was so out of line it was pitiful. So I waited a couple months and then decided to check his prices.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now what does he say about getting how many drill holes were drilled?
Speaker 23: One hundred and sixty?
Speaker 3: So it does look like he was attempting to do something. So did you ask out of what? When was the last time he was on the job.
Speaker 23: The fifteenth of May?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? And what does he say about it?
Speaker 23: Well, now he doesn't. He's ghosting me. He doesn't return or phone calls.
Speaker 3: Oh man, do you know have you gone online and done any research on this guy?
Speaker 23: I did, and there was a couple of bad comments, and then there were a couple of okay comments.
Speaker 3: So there's nothing that's glaring that sticks out.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: Now, where's he out of?
Speaker 23: I think he is out of deer trail? But I'm not positive.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what do you have?
Speaker 7: Their deputy d Country Roots, Design and build Out an Elizabeth Elizabeth do you think that's the same place.
Speaker 3: Probably, okay, probably.
Speaker 23: Well that's where I am. But he said he moved further out, so I'm guessing it with bear trail.
Speaker 7: You don't give a street or a mailing any Yes, it just says Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: So now here's the thing. Does his number still work? Do you know?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 23: Yes, I get voicemails.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's call right now, Kaschina. Let's call this guy and leave a really stern message. You know, the contractors trust act, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: How many times people? How many times do we have to hear this?
Speaker 3: How many times? Why? Why would you give anyone money for nothing? Why?
Speaker 4: If you're a contractor. Right now, I am telling you, I'm advising my people. Even if you're on my referral list, it doesn't matter. I am personally telling people don't put money down.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: Can you trust people? Some of them? You can. I'm not telling you you're gonna get ripped off one of the time. Of course you're not.
Speaker 4: There are people on a referral list that probably want money down.
Speaker 3: I say, don't pay money down. That's what I say.
Speaker 4: Now, there are ways to pay money down in a safer way than others, and at least use those if it's a company that you know and trust. I mean, you know, given walls some money down is not a big deal, but given some some Joe blow eight dollars you never meted.
Speaker 3: But even people that we know and love, like smaller companies Mark, Well, that's.
Speaker 13: The guy gets hit by a truck. Though that's fine. There people are vouching for him. This is like a complete stranger.
Speaker 3: No, you're right, you're right. It's just it just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: Was there a contract by any chance?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's a good. Okay, you do have a written contract.
Speaker 7: And how did you pay with a checker credit card?
Speaker 23: Let's say check because there was a discount for cash.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course. Okay, hold on and we'll come right back to you. Okay, uh, well not right back to you, but we're going to discuss this and more on The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Three O three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Wait time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Micael has an issue with a roof company. Michael, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Welcome? Hello, Yeah, Michael, what's happening?
Speaker 4: And by the way, on that other one, we're having a Kachina call to see if we can get this guy on the on the phone or or get some information, So so don't go away on that one, that guy that took eighty four hundred and then we'll we'll have an update from.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, and I contacted them on their website too, so.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, and then Deputy D is going to give us what he found on them. Okay, So what's happening with you? Man? What's going on?
Speaker 11: There's just kind of a long drawn out story.
Speaker 4: All right, start from the beginning, and and I'll speed you along if I need to.
Speaker 3: But what happened? Go ahead?
Speaker 11: From the beginning, oh Uhri told me that let me take some freeze away from the roof, that I had soft spots. I looked around for Rufford on Google and he helped found the top rated.
Speaker 4: May I ask something, what was your reason? What was your reason for having your roof looked at? To begin with?
Speaker 11: They told me there was to spots on the roof.
Speaker 3: I understand that, but that wait wait, wait, but before someone tells you there are soft spots on the roof, you had to call someone for what reason? Was it a hailstorm?
Speaker 11: They say, also hailed down? So yes, there was a hailstorm my previous couple of months to that. Okay, go ahead, okay, well let me call let me look at a roofer and see what they say?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha? Now I gotcha? Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 11: Aaron Tucker comes out and he inspects the roof and confirms saying this with file of insurance plane. So I filed an insurance plane. The adjuster came out of greed that they would go ahead and help it for the roof. They they estimated, Ut, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Help pay for the roof? What does that mean? So you had a hailstorm a roofer said there were soft spots on his roof, and the insurance adjuster what approved the claim?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 3: For how much? Oh?
Speaker 11: They said it was going to be about twelve thousand and their part, they sent me a check for eight thousand, nine dollars and seventeen cents and that I would be responsible for the remainder per mind, got it? The deduct the bowl or whatever.
Speaker 19: And so I called Rocky Coffees.
Speaker 11: And everything's been approved and I have a check. He comes back out, has me signed a contract?
Speaker 3: And what's the name of this roof? Wait, what's the name of the roof for? Again?
Speaker 11: Fucking pop roofing?
Speaker 4: Okay, you're you're breaking up for summer? Guys, can you hear what he's saying most of it? Well, what's the name of the roof for?
Speaker 3: Then that I did not hear? Rocky Top? Is it Rocky Top?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 13: God, that's a horrible name for a roofer, right, Okay, Rocky Top?
Speaker 3: All right? So then what keep going? So so he came out and had you sign a contract. Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 11: Then what he said I want that check. And uh, so I signed the check over to him.
Speaker 3: Why did you do that? Well, he said he wanted Well what.
Speaker 4: If you said he wanted What if he said he wanted your wife? I mean, what difference does it make what he wants? I mean, uh, it's he just said I want the check.
Speaker 3: Did you say for what?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you said for materials. And to get the thoughts started.
Speaker 3: And okay, By the way, I want everyone to hear this right down. I want everyone to hear this right now.
Speaker 4: Any contractor who says they need money for materials, do not use.
Speaker 3: I am saying that unequivocally, do not use.
Speaker 4: Any contractor that says they need your money to buy materials Excel roofing, for example, wouldn't take a penny from you when you sign that contract. So he said, I need that check. How much was the check? The one around eight grand? Is that the one you signed over to him?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: And then okay, I wrote a.
Speaker 3: Personal check to him for okay, keep going.
Speaker 11: Then he ghosted me, and of course he did, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've got it.
Speaker 13: Let's get him on hold and let's get a better connection. This is brutal man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, we're really having difficulty. It might be his bluetooth thing, but but let's do that. Let's get a better connection. Hold on, we'll come right back to you. I'm going to go to someone else right now.
Speaker 3: Tim says he has a follow up and he was working with Deputy Dmitri. This is a vacation, a vacation by Tim.
Speaker 4: Can you summarize what the problem was there, Dmitri?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Tim called us a couple of weeks ago because he said that he purchased a time share. He went to this hotel presentation presented by Moments of Adventure.
Speaker 3: Remember that name, Moments of Adventure. Yeah, and I think this might have been something Mark took.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought you were here. But any case, so he wrote a check for seventy nine hundred dollars and changed his mind a few days later.
Speaker 4: And oh, yeah, Moments of Adventure. It was a seminar he went to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he he gave him a check for almost eight thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: I saw a copy of seventy nine to ninety five to Moments of Adventure.
Speaker 3: And what did he get in return?
Speaker 7: Well, it sounds like he got nothing. And unfortunately, you know, Tim canceled payment on the wrong check, so Moments of Adventure was able to get the eight thousand bucks. So Moments of Adventure, what.
Speaker 3: Was he supposed to get for that money?
Speaker 7: Well, Tim thought he was buying a time share. But the more research I did on it, the less it looked like a timeshare. It kind of looked like some kind of a weird travel agency membership where you're supposed to Have you ever heard of this where you're supposed to get discounted place?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I did, of course I did. They're very common.
Speaker 4: In fact, they're doing him instead of time shares on some of them, and they proudly say we're not a timeshare. But what I can't believe is this guy, not this guy, but Tim, you know, like Tim's actually disappointed he didn't get his time share, you know, so now we're timeshare would have been just as bad. But anyway, just so you know, these travel adventure clubs is what they are.
Speaker 3: They come in all shapes and sizes. Keep going deep.
Speaker 7: Oh well, unfortunately, Moments of Adventure has neither a phone number in our address, so I couldn't get a hold of them. But I did track down one or two of their so called travel agents, and I found their email addresses somewhere on the internet, and I've been mailing them for emailing them for comment, and then Tim is going to fill us in on some of the research he did. He actually contacted the hotel where the seminar was held, or the salesperson.
Speaker 3: A good point, and what happened.
Speaker 7: Out there's another company that booked that space at the hotel. So Tim got me contact information for that other company and some guy and his phone number and.
Speaker 4: So who booked that space and was given that seminar.
Speaker 3: Supposedly, this is a.
Speaker 7: Good question for Tim.
Speaker 3: Let's Tim, what did you find out? Tim? Let's go what did you find out?
Speaker 10: I need that information anyway? What it is? I found out that American Savings Network out of time? Sure, like you said, it was a basically a vacation thing.
Speaker 3: And what is it called? American? What American?
Speaker 10: What American Savings Network is?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 10: With Moments of Adventure. Uh, there's UH. I got a call from a Brad from American Savings Network and he turned around and now said he wanted to make this right and he felt bad that he was going to direct work directly with me and UH and basically, UH, on last Friday, he said he was going to the mountains, but he sent me some things to look at a vacation. I said, I want my money back because I actually canceled it via phone the day after thinking about it. He said, well, I can't talk to you about money back, but we are willing to work with you. And he was supposed to get supposed to get back to me again today.
Speaker 3: And and what's the guy? What is the guy's name?
Speaker 10: His name is Brad? Uh been down? My internet has been down and stuff like that, and I got.
Speaker 3: What is his life? I just need to know Brad? What is Brad? Last name.
Speaker 10: Was an A.
Speaker 3: Dmitrie. Do you know it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hold on? What is it to me to meet mail?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 7: So he's okay, We're fine, Brad. I just have his phone number and I've been emailing him.
Speaker 3: So you do have a phone number.
Speaker 7: I do have a phone number.
Speaker 3: And what's going on?
Speaker 7: And what's going on? And now American Savings Network and Minutes of Adventure never once responded to me. But I've been well, you know, I take it back. Somebody from American Savings Network emailed me said, hey, thanks for bringing the story attention we're going to look into it. But they never responded to me with any offers to help him or any kind of a you know, any kind of a refund or anything else. But Tim today promised to give you a refund.
Speaker 16: Finally, no, they.
Speaker 10: Said, he said that he can't talk about a refund. But you want to do something to help me?
Speaker 3: What the hell does that? No?
Speaker 4: Just what the heck does that mean? I want to do something to help you? Just give the money back. So basically, what's the purpose of the call today? Were you calling to find out what we found out?
Speaker 3: Or did you have information to share with us?
Speaker 10: I wanted to call did I My internet has been down and I haven't had no radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha. I'll tell you what, Tim. We don't have anything. We don't have anything new right now.
Speaker 3: But Dimitri's making some notes to try to reint Tom.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't think that we're gonna be We're really not going to get anywhere because these guys aren't you know, they're not responding to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's give a number out. Let's let's at least give a number that people book. Just bombard the hell out of them.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 7: So they sent me. So this cat named Brad England at American Savings Network Bred England.
Speaker 3: His name is Brad England A N G L I N. Is it Brad Brad Brad England A and G L I N.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if that's his real name. But he did send me his phone number.
Speaker 3: What is it in?
Speaker 7: Zero two four seven two eight seven zero nine.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you understand this, but this Troubleshooter Network has a pretty damn good impact when our listeners truly call.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm never asking you to harass or to be vulgar ever nor threatening, but just to say we know about you, we found out about you. We're going to let everyone we know know about you.
Speaker 3: In fact, that has way more credibility than being vulgar and being you know, crazy. You tell them, look, you know, I work in Denver, I'm an executive, or I'm this or I'm that, and I am going to let everyone we know on social media and everywhere about you because of this situation. So that's what you're doing.
Speaker 4: If you want to reference the situation, you can say it was a call to the Tom Martine Show.
Speaker 3: That's all you have to do, and give them our number.
Speaker 4: But I want to give this summer out again, and I want to implore you. I want to tell you how important you are to this process.
Speaker 3: We have been doing this for years and it really works.
Speaker 4: Okay, you let them know you heard about them, and that you're gonna let everyone know, and that you think they're deplorable seven zero two four seven two eight seven zero nine seven zero two four seven two eight seven zero nine more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three three seven one three eight two five five. So let's go back to Michael, who has this roofing issue. Now, Michael, what he did after a hailstorm, had a guy come up who said, you know, you got some problems on the roof and the adjuster proof twelve grand. They were going to pay eight grand. Rocky Top roofing or demanded the money, so he gave him an insurance check plus six hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: And now he's being ghosted.
Speaker 4: So, Michael, you have not heard a word from this guy at all.
Speaker 11: Initially, okay. So I was initially ghosted, and he well, okay, and I would get a hold of him sporadically, and then he'd say, you know, I'll get you on the schedule, get you on the schedule. He finally got me on the schedule in November, so that was after three months after paying him, and the guys came out to start the roof. Now, in the process of the workers doing the roof, one of them fell through the roof and through the filling. I immediately called my insurance company and told them what happened.
Speaker 4: All right, you hold on, this is getting this is getting very interesting.
Speaker 3: You yeah, you hold on, man, We want to hear about this coming up on the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 4: Please stick around. The guy fell through his ceiling. What's going to happen. How can we help all of that coming up? Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call help us insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ript news. You needed that? Who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 14: Come.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk is the local number here. We also have three oh three Martino. You can call it twenty four to seven and get in on whatever show we get you in on.
Speaker 4: And we have much of the same. I say much of the same. It's so sad.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: We have Margaret who paid eighty four hundred dollars up front ghosted.
Speaker 3: Then we have another guy that paid money.
Speaker 4: Upfront an insurance check and they started the job in November, but the guy fell through the frickin' roof.
Speaker 3: So we're going to have a lesson in Hey, Brian Burns, let's talk to you first. Brian Burns is with Compass Insurance Group. There are guests today doing the insurance Help Center, so as they do every day, but while they're here, we highlight that you can do an insurance check up by calling them directly and then they'll compare your coverages with us out there three h three nine nine six nine thousand. But here in the studio, Brian is with us.
Speaker 4: Brian, when I hire a company at my house, let's just talk about that in general, whether it be for mowing the lawn, doing the roof, building a deck, what do I have in terms of coverage?
Speaker 5: You do have premise liability, but it would have to involve some sort of negligence. I mean, these are companies that are you're hiring to come do a job, so they should have workers comp for their That's right, they should.
Speaker 3: They should.
Speaker 4: But what I'm asking you is, if I have a guy helping me build the deck, and the deck falls on them.
Speaker 3: What's that about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be liability if in fact, again, what would happen is they would sue you, Your liability would step into protect you, and if you're liable, then your liability limit could protect you for that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, can you ever see a scenario where my liability coverage might refuse to cover me, Well, but the courts might say I need to pay them.
Speaker 3: That would be hard for me to imagine.
Speaker 5: Nless you have some sort of exclusion, like if this was an intentional thing or you know, something along those lines, like your kid working on it, right, right, if it's a household member, if it's someone, then your household you're not going to your liability won't cover that. But I'm saying it would be hard for me to think, like in this case that a roofer falls through that you've hired, You're like, you're not negligible for that. I mean, this is part of his job, that's what he's there to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's find out what happened.
Speaker 13: But bottom line, Brian, if you got sued by him for whatever reason, they would have to defend you.
Speaker 5: They would defend you, and then if you are found liable, then that's where your your liability them it would come into play.
Speaker 4: So Michael had a hailstorm and hired Rocky Top Roofing and then they they started the job in November.
Speaker 3: Continue your story, Michael, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Okay, So they fell through the roof. I immediately called my insurance.
Speaker 4: And how many fell through the roof? How many fell through the roof? And did he get hurt?
Speaker 3: Did he get hurt?
Speaker 11: They didn't say, Well.
Speaker 13: Okay, and why was your reaction to call your insurance company.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious since.
Speaker 11: They had already since I had already paid their portion of the check to him, and I didn't know what else.
Speaker 3: To do at that point. It okay, okay, So then what and then what happened?
Speaker 11: Goes, Did they provide you a permit? And I go, no, they didn't. He goes, They're supposed to provide you a permit or post a permit immediately before they start work. And so he goes to the state website to look for a permit and find no permit pulled for my address.
Speaker 3: Well, there wouldn't be on the state website and it wouldn't be on the state website anyway, But kid, it.
Speaker 10: Was a county.
Speaker 11: It was a county for Colorado Springs, but I'll correct myself. It was a county for Colorado Springs. This happened in Colorado Springs. And when Okay, So I called the county directly, the per office, and I don't know.
Speaker 4: Why you care. I don't know why you care about a permit. What does that have to do with anything?
Speaker 3: It was his insurance aggestion.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't have anything to do with anything. Nothing, zero, It has nothing to do with coverage.
Speaker 3: But keep going. What happened?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 11: Okay? So the permit guy says, well, he probably didn't give you a permit because he hasn't updated his business license and he hasn't provided us with updated liability insurance.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you want to know who's going to pay for all the damage to your house. You're not worried about the guy that got hurt. You're worried about who's going to fix your house.
Speaker 11: And I don't blame you, yeah, yeah, yea and so, and then I also called Aaron and told him what happened. And I called That was my second call, and he's like, oh, well, you know, don't worry about it. We'll fix everything at no cost to you. And you know, so that took probably most of the month before they fixed that.
Speaker 3: They did, so they hold on.
Speaker 4: They they they did fix it though, they did fix the ceiling and all of that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they okay.
Speaker 11: And they also finished the roof. So at the okay, remember everything was done okay. And and then when I mentioned he didn't there was no permit, he goes, yes, there is, so I guess in the interim he fixed everything and did end up pulling a permit.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So where do we stand now? Why are you calling so?
Speaker 11: I okay, there there wasn't another problem in the roof where somebody told me that it looks like there's a crack in the rafter okay. And then he's like, well, we don't know that we did that, and we're not going to worry about that. You'd have to prove that we did that, okay. So and I talked to a real estate agent because I was also.
Speaker 3: Hey, Michael, how old is your house? How old is your house?
Speaker 11: Built in the seventies, and we were also told there's probably a besto.
Speaker 4: Do you think Michael that well the asbesia has nothing to do with the roofer. But do you think they cracked the rafter? How would they have done that by maybe overloading the roof of the materials or something.
Speaker 11: By the falster?
Speaker 10: I figured, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's more than likely.
Speaker 4: I mean, it could be through the when he fell, but it could be where they stacked you know, the bundles of roof on top of your roof.
Speaker 3: But anyway, keep going. So what happened then?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 11: So and another thing, I had people helping me fix up the house because I was also looking at selling the house. So he knew that I was trying to also sell the house. I had a real not at that.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter what he knew. I mean, I don't know why you brought that up. But okay, so he knew you were trying to sell the house.
Speaker 3: Big deal.
Speaker 10: Okay, So.
Speaker 11: I had called around to attorneys. No attorneys really wanted to help me.
Speaker 3: Attorneys for what. You jumped right to attorneys attorneys for what?
Speaker 10: Because of the rafter?
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 3: Gotcha?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 4: Now, how much how much was it going to cost to fix that rafter?
Speaker 11: I was told that there's a whole new engineer's inspection that needed to be done and another permit pool and the engineer's inspection was about fifteen.
Speaker 3: Dollars okay, okay, how much would it how much would it cost to actually fix that all? They don't have to replace that whole rafter, They just have to reinforce it where it's cracked.
Speaker 11: Right, he said that they can sister it in.
Speaker 4: But right, that's exactly right, that's exactly right, and that's the proper term they could sister it in.
Speaker 3: So what's going on? I mean, where are we going with the story?
Speaker 10: So okay?
Speaker 11: So here it is many months later, yes, after stop and he tells me. I'm like, so, what's going on? Where are we finished here? And he tells me I have additional supplements so that I have to provide to the insurance. He give the insurance and me a bill for thirty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: What yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but did the insurance pay it?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 11: So the initial estimate by the insurance was twelve okay, So when I gave when he gave it the insurance, the adjuster calls me and he goes, what is this? He goes, No, residential roof is thirty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not true.
Speaker 4: There are plenty of them there, There are plenty of them, don't. I don't care about that. What I care about is this.
Speaker 3: What was it for.
Speaker 11: So additional work that he's saying that he did to the house, including removal of a satellite system that we never even had. So and I even mentioned to the adjuster, and maybe the adjuster didn't catch it.
Speaker 10: I said, if.
Speaker 11: There's things that he didn't even do to this house, isn't that considered fraud? And the adjuster goes, well, yes it is, but then well, of.
Speaker 4: Course it is. Of course it is. But here's the bottom line, Michael. Your insurance didn't pay it. You don't have to pay it.
Speaker 3: If it's fraudulent, don't pay it.
Speaker 10: Okay, But they did.
Speaker 11: Okay, so they approved another three thousand, five hundred dollars, which I have to check here, I have.
Speaker 3: Another way another wait he wait, they filed supplements for thirty three thousand dollars and your insurance paid three thousand.
Speaker 11: They yes, the insurance adjuster said the most that they could approve off of there was thirty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay for weato for good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: What are you calling about?
Speaker 11: Because he's trying to get the rest of the money from me.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, that's what I wanted to know. I got to take this break. So now they're coming after him for the rest of the money. What can he do?
Speaker 3: We'll talk to Brian Burns and Moore coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Martino here chero three Martino. Gail has a question on travel insurance. That's an interesting topic, travel insurance. Gail. What is your question?
Speaker 20: Hi Tom, Just kind of question about travel insurance. The rates very obviously probably or is there is she just go through the agency that you're with.
Speaker 4: Now are you talking It depends on what kind of travel insurance. Are you talking about insurance that you have while you're traveling, or travel insurance on the trip itself, like if you can't make it, or if it's weathered out or something like that.
Speaker 20: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also in other words, in other words, if you plan a big vacation for Europe and something goes wrong and you can't make it, or something happens with a cruise line or something like that, you're talking about that kind of insurance.
Speaker 13: Well, Alliance which is probably the biggest one out there, they have exactly what you're talking about, Tom, But you can also add on if you get sick or have to go to the emergency room, So you can add on that level if you want to.
Speaker 3: So what was your question, Gail, about that specific travel insurance or about that kind of insurance.
Speaker 20: Well, I just wanted to cover a basis on them. How to go about an agency? Okay, and all.
Speaker 4: Right, that's good, Like where do you buy it? And that's a great question, a good try. Are you using a travel agency? Because travel agencies are the best people you can have for referrals to those because they do so many of them.
Speaker 3: Do you have a travel agent?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, did you ask your travel agent about travel insurance?
Speaker 20: We did, but we thought we'd check up just some other options.
Speaker 4: Okay, so compass insurance. You guys deal with travel insurance ever? Or do you know any good in travel insurance?
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 5: We don't have anything to do with travel insurance, So I'm not a very good resource for that one.
Speaker 4: I would say I would rely on my It is such a rare form of insurance itself that I would rely on my travel agent. Have they made any recommendations to you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 20: We kind of so it will probably end up doing that.
Speaker 11: But how much.
Speaker 3: Did they how much?
Speaker 4: How much give me an idea of their premiums? How much did they want?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 20: I didn't really get any prices. I just I just asked them and they said, yeah, we can, we can recommend you.
Speaker 3: And all as Mark said, alliance Alliance with the Z A L L I A N Z is what Mark was talking about. They are in in survey after survey, they're about the highest rated out there. That's right, the highest rated.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm not saying in general it's a good product, but if you ever did get sick in Europe, Oh man, it would cost you a fortune.
Speaker 4: And the insurance and also the trip itself. A lot of these places went out of business. Guess what drove them out of business?
Speaker 3: Remember, yeah Coch Yeah, because they couldn't cover all the trips. They just couldn't do it. That was a bad That was a bad time for travel insurance and for the cruise industry, tour guides.
Speaker 4: There were so wedding venues, there were so many places that went out of business as a result of that.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 13: There's a good there's a good possibility. Whoever, your travel people are use Alliance by the way, they're just quoting you, and if not, they can Yeah, hey, by the way, thinking who did you use?
Speaker 3: It's so funny hearing someone say a travel agent? Who was it? What travel agency did you use? Out of curiosity?
Speaker 20: Well, Elias is who you're going with.
Speaker 3: No, what travel agency did you?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 13: I'm not what just for future reference for anybody out there listening. Actually, I'm not going to steal it from Tom because he told it to me probably fifteen twenty years ago. But I have used them so many times now I won't use them if we're just flying to like, you know, Vegas or something, but if we're going to Hawaii or if we're doing something big. I am telling you Costco Travel is absolutely amazing. During COVID when we had to cancel a pretty crazy three week Hawaiian deal, I got every cent back and I've never had any problems here weren't taken care of. And then the pricing is better than anything I've ever seen before.
Speaker 3: It's it's amazing, my mark.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe some of the deal Stephanie fines on Costco I I I and they're the and they're all the same hotels and airlines that everyone uses.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, when we look at the pricing, it's just almost impossible.
Speaker 3: They must do such an incredible volume.
Speaker 13: It has to be. It's got to be completely volume related. And then you save all this money and then next thing you know, in your mailbox there's like a five hundred dollars Costco gift card that's included in it.
Speaker 3: It's nuts, exactly.
Speaker 4: So let's go back to Michael on this on this insurance thing, because I'm here.
Speaker 3: Here's the bottom line. They're coming after him for payment.
Speaker 4: So they put in a supplement of thirty three thousand dollars a supplement, and then his insurance approved about thirty five hundred, and now they want an additional thirty grand from him. So, Michael, how are they coming after you for that money?
Speaker 21: Is?
Speaker 3: Did they put a lien on your Well, they can't put a lien. That's probably too late. How are they coming after you for it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it is six months after the job had been completed. But he's saying that he could put a mechanic clean and foreclose against my house, and he's been harassing us, calling us favorite jing.
Speaker 3: No he can't.
Speaker 4: He can't put a lien on It's too late to put a lien on your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how well was it man? He said? Six months since the job.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're he can't well put a lien on there. But eventually you're going to beat it doesn't matter there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's December, January, February, March, April, May. Yeah, you're right, you're right, it's May June, seven months later.
Speaker 13: He can't take you to court, I mean really, just to get to the end of the call that he's going to have to do something he's gonna have to take action and hire an attorney and come after you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what I want to know is what is I would be curious what is this extra thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 11: I'd be happy to offend you the breakdown, And I believe me and my realtor were looking at it, and it looks like he's trying to charge me for his worker falling through the roof. Because he's talking about painting plaster things like that, and he didn't paint anything except for the room that the roof for falter that the worker fell through.
Speaker 3: It sounds like the guy's it sounds like he's a clown or that he's just a crook. I mean, I don't know if he is.
Speaker 11: But but mom, what realtor said that she has another client that he also worked with to do a roof for, who was also selling her health and he did the same exact thing. The worker fell through her roof. Really everything, he fixed everything, and just before the sale of her health, he threatened her to put a lean and foreclose on the house, so she paid him, even though she knew he didn't deserve the money. She paid him the money. But now she's looking to file a complaint and do every.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute to the fact, Wait a minute, are you serious? Are you telling me it was the same exact type of claim. A guy fell through the roof and it was the same roofer. Yes, you know what. I don't believe in coincidences like that. Hold on, we got more coming right up.
Speaker 4: Hold on, go with a sure thing vers best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You know, Michael, the more I talk to you about this roof thing, the more I think this thing could have been set up. In my opinion, let me let me explain this to you. First and foremost, you said something that was very curious. In the beginning of this call, you said, after a hailstorm, you had a roofer look at your roof Rocky Top Roofing, and they made a note that I very seldom ever hear roofing companies make a note of. They said there were soft spots on your roof.
Speaker 11: Well, I mentioned that because my friends that were helping me fix up the house cutting trees away, they told me there was a soft spot on the roof.
Speaker 3: Then that is really bad news. That is really bad.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I thought that Rocky Top Roofing mentioned it. The fact that your friends mentioned it, I'm going to tell you something, Michael.
Speaker 3: This is bad news for you because if there was a.
Speaker 4: Soft spot noted on that roof and somebody fell through it, they're going even though even though they fixed it all, they're going to claim that that was not their fault, that their work or fell through the roof.
Speaker 3: I know that's what they're going for right now. Now.
Speaker 4: The fact that you said this happened on a previous house is very, very, very curious. But that aside, if your neighbors told you there was a soft spot on the roof or two and this guy fell through the roof. It would indicate your roofing decking may have been failing in certain areas.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it is. I'm not saying it was, but that is very bad news for you. Does this contractor know? Did this contractor mention anything about soft spots?
Speaker 11: He agreed, and he replaced some of the deckings.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, when did the falling through happen while they were replacing the decking or after the decking was replaced?
Speaker 11: Now, while they were replacing the decking.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think you're going to be rich.
Speaker 11: Even though I have a conversation with him that said that he was going to take care of everything.
Speaker 3: And you said, you have a conversation with him, What do you mean by that? A recording?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: On what.
Speaker 11: On the fall through of the roof that?
Speaker 3: He said, well, no, you have a recording? Is it a recording on your cell phone? Where's the recording?
Speaker 11: If on my cell phone?
Speaker 3: And during the conversation, he says, was our fault? We're gonna how is it worded? You have the recording? Can you play that recording?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 10: Let me see. Hold on if I can pull it up real fast.
Speaker 3: Here, this is very very interesting.
Speaker 13: Is maybe the insurance company, if it truly did have all this damage and they were going to cover it or not going to cover it, but it was related to the storm. I wonder if someone like Paragon could eyeball and maybe maybe the insurance company's a little here to blame.
Speaker 4: You're maybe the insurance cut You're right, Mark, maybe they should go back and possibly pay for this. Look, we can't automatically assume he's a scan.
Speaker 13: Sue him and they win for this roof damage. Okay, yeah, so let's say they sue him and win. Wouldn't that insurance company have to step up and defend them if they come after Ryan for the amount?
Speaker 5: Well, so here's what my first question would be on it is what caused the damage, So we'd have to look at what the invoice is. If the damage is something that is storm related or insurance related, then if they are found that they do owe this money, then they would have to pay it.
Speaker 4: Need no, oh no, oh, no, we're forgetting something.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about damage that.
Speaker 4: What we're saying is this they were in the process of replacing the decking on his roof when they fell through. So I don't think it's it was anyone's. Is that the roofer's responsibility? I think it is. It is so they were working. If they were working on the roof, If the roof was faulty and the guy fell through, that's a different story.
Speaker 13: Well, I don't think it's the liability of the guy falling through. I don't think they're hitting him with this thirty three thousand dollars because their employee was hurt. I think the thirty three thousand dollars is other work they.
Speaker 5: Did, right, And my point is is we would have to see what that is to know whether or not it's even insurance related.
Speaker 4: Now, he said, Michael said, part of that thirty three thousand mark is the damage caused by falling thro hold on.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 13: If it is caused by the guy falling through and they're coming after him for the money, wouldn't the insurance company once again have to step up and at least defend him, because now they're saying, hey, we fell through.
Speaker 5: Your root, right, I agree with you, Yeah, but it sounds like it's not. I think we're saying two different things. They're not coming after them for the liability, like the person getting hurt. Yeah, I agree, it's just the damage that they flight.
Speaker 3: That's right. Someone has a roof done.
Speaker 13: Let's say one of these storms that just happened, ye, and all of a sudden the shingles are bad and everybody acknowledges it. The roofer comes out, then they find out it needs new decking, Then they find out it needs a new joist or whatever he said rights wrong? I mean, wouldn't generally speaking, isn't all that covered that is?
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe it is, But if it's something that's just been degragated over time, or it's poor workmanship to begin with, yeah, there could be reasons why they would exclude it. But again, that'd be a great reason to get Mad involved, and he would be able to tell you one way or another if that's what they're saying is accurate.
Speaker 4: Michael, what I we suggest you do at this point, because this is way complicated, You should call a public adjuster that we give you the name of, and have him look at the letter sent to you by the roofer or the invoice and have him give you an opinion.
Speaker 13: And the ancile letter from the insurance company on the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if there was a denial level letter.
Speaker 4: You need to see if maybe your insurance company should be paying Rocky Top for the additional damages. But then I want to go back to another thing you said. You did say that you have a real estate.
Speaker 3: Friend who said the identical thing happened on another home.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is she absolutely positive someone fell through the roof and he's threatened to sue the homeowner.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's threatened to place the lead. He just before her house was closing, he called and wanted more money or he was going to lean her house, drop her sale, and.
Speaker 4: Wasn't do you know if do you know that someone actually fell through the roof.
Speaker 3: That's what she said.
Speaker 11: He said she saw the damage, the homeowner saw the damage and it went through the ceiling, correct?
Speaker 4: I why don't you gather that information? That is, there's something weird about that that even though look, I mean, there's something weird about that, truly, truly weird, even if your insurance company should be responsible if there's some kind of scam going on, did you ever tell your insurance company about this?
Speaker 11: No, I just found out this information on Friday.
Speaker 4: I would tell your insurance company about it. But although your insurance company didn't pay and did you tell the roofer you knew about it?
Speaker 3: Who would like to contact this roofer and ask about it? Would you like to do that?
Speaker 7: D Yeah, give him a call, right, I can give him a call, you know what.
Speaker 4: I want to get that previous information, Michael. Meanwhile, I still want you to contact a public adjuster, okay, And you're going to call Paragon Services Matt Stanford over there and have him help you out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I really believe he might be able to get you some coverage. But in the meantime, I want to look at the so called coincidence between this guy following this guy this roof for having someone fall.
Speaker 3: Through the roof. You know who this lady is? Can we contact her and hear it? Michael's going to give us the information, right Michael.
Speaker 10: So here's the deal.
Speaker 11: I just reached out to the agent and I actually asked her this on Friday if the other person would be willing to tell her story, you know, to group up with me to tell her story. And now I just reached out to her again because you said you're fair, you don't believe in coincidences. You're very interested and want to know about that, you know, So if she's willing. I gave her your name and number. Okay, good, good, you're when you're available, you know, ten to two?
Speaker 3: All right, we got to take this break. Okay, I gotta take this break. It's it's mandatory.
Speaker 4: Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three h three seven one three three two five five. Marianne, let's get started on your case. What's going on, Marianne?
Speaker 17: Oh, A nightmare? Actually, what happened a year ago? I was contacted by email mind you, by the Small Business Administration that I defaulted on a small business loan that was taken out during COVID.
Speaker 3: Oh, it sounds like a scam to me.
Speaker 4: They okay, and they were going.
Speaker 17: To garnish my social Security one hundred and sixty eight dollars and some change. I don't remember the change part, starting in September of last year, twenty twenty four. Okay, and I had to provide them with storms.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, I smell.
Speaker 4: I smell a scamca hang on, Let's see what we can do to help you. This is Marianne talking about a nightmare that happened when somebody contacted her about defaulting.
Speaker 3: On a loan. This is a cautionary tale. Let's see what we can do. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three eight two five five. If you want to.
Speaker 4: Get in, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two, ripped.
Speaker 1: You need advice? Who you don't have to come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix.
Speaker 3: Is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: This is the place where you can have problem solved, questions answered, complaints resolved.
Speaker 3: And you know what, we have had such a frickin busy day today, So I'm gonna go without further ado. Back to the phones. Marianne has an issue with a Small Business Administration. Here's what happened.
Speaker 4: First of all, Marianne, it all began what with a letter from supposedly from the SBA.
Speaker 3: Is that what it was?
Speaker 17: It was an email? An email from the Small Business Administration. The email male titles was PPP ID theft inquiries at the small bus at the SBA dot gov.
Speaker 3: Okay, now here's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: There are two different scenarios that happened Marianne during this time. One where people truly did have PPP loans taken out in their name fraudulently and the SBA was truly looking into them. The next scenario was when someone never had a loan taken out and it was a phishing expedition to try to get you to hit a link and submit information.
Speaker 3: I don't know which it was.
Speaker 4: Did anyone actually take a loan out in your name? Apparently yes, okay, And so what happened then?
Speaker 17: The only thing that the sd gave me was a identity theft complaint number, the only thing I have to work with, no information about the loans, no information as to the name of the business.
Speaker 3: That's pretty normal.
Speaker 13: Basically, they're going to marry in, they're going to investigate it, and they're not going to garnish your.
Speaker 3: Social Security check while they're doing that. Well, so tell me what they did. They started taking your social Security check September.
Speaker 17: The middle of September when my social Security check came out, Oh my god, was reduced one hundred and sixty eight dollars.
Speaker 21: And some change.
Speaker 3: And how long are they going to do that?
Speaker 17: They did the same thing in October and I have been fighting it and.
Speaker 3: How long are they going to how long? How much do they say you owe?
Speaker 17: They didn't tell me how much, child, Oh, I don't know how much I owe? And I have sent every document they've asked for, which was tax returns for twenty nineteen, twenty twenty twenty twenty one IRS transcript transcript sorry transcripts for the years twenty nineteen and twenty twenty and twenty twenty one. A picture of my ID and I mistakenly didn't do it correctly by trying to do a selfie with holding up my driver's license next to my face. That's on me, I guess, But the IRS form forty five six dash T.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, Marianne wait, I'm sorry. Did you never do the id ME? She did it? That's what she said. I thought. Okay, I don't know. Did you do it id me?
Speaker 17: I have an id me account yet, Okay.
Speaker 3: When you go to the id me account, there is a tab there for accounts of things that you owe the government or the government owes you or things. Do you have you ever looked at your profile on the id ME account?
Speaker 17: I don't know how?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 4: Have you ever been able to talk to anyone at the Small Business Administration or anywhere with the government about this, like actually talk to someone?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 17: Why because all I have is the email address Tom.
Speaker 13: I have nothing else there's a there's a small business or an SBA office in Denver. I think it's right around nineteenth Street, and you can call over there and schedule an appointment.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing I'd get going. Now, Marion, you have no idea how much the loan was supposedly for or anything.
Speaker 17: No, they've given me no information whatsoever.
Speaker 4: You just got to notice saying that they're investigating.
Speaker 17: Took a Small Business Administration here in Denver. Seriously, I had to use GPS, and I seriously could not figure out how to get to the parking lot of the Small Business Administration in Denver.
Speaker 9: So they do not answer the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is very difficult. Okay, but you do have an account number or a case number, right, I have.
Speaker 17: A identity set complaint number. That is all I have.
Speaker 3: Man, this is terrible.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I contacted a lawyer. I was finally able to reach somebody at Robinson and Henry and paid one hundred and forty five dollar retainer for a thirty minute consultation. And the lady told me I did have a good case, but that my only recourse was to file bankruptcy against them to end this.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what she thought, She probably thought that.
Speaker 4: Would be the easiest thing to do it, except bankruptcy won't get you out of fraud. So I don't even understand what she's talking about.
Speaker 3: Fraud.
Speaker 4: This is they're coming after you for fraud. They're not coming after you for repayment. They're coming well, yeah, repayment, but they're saying it was a fraudulent loan. So bankruptcy is not going to get you out of it.
Speaker 3: You can go to that office away.
Speaker 13: It's open every day from eight am to four point thirty pm.
Speaker 16: In order.
Speaker 9: Against this, just take an uber the amount of the loan.
Speaker 17: I have to have all the information for this law. No, okay, I have nothing.
Speaker 7: Can I answer the super questions?
Speaker 3: Marianne?
Speaker 7: Do you have Do you have a small business?
Speaker 21: Don't know?
Speaker 17: No, should there's never, never, ever has a small business ever?
Speaker 4: Do you have your original the all the emails that were sent to you?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do, Hey, Doc, why don't you take a stab?
Speaker 4: Really, Doc, seriously, you work, you work a lot with seniors at aarp of him.
Speaker 13: Any information at that office on her that will never happen.
Speaker 3: God Almighty.
Speaker 6: So, Marianne, if the problem is that you can't find a parking spot. Just take an uber down there and have them drop you off.
Speaker 17: I don't trust them, you'll trust you.
Speaker 3: Don't trust who ubers? You gotta get down well wait, wait, we can't help you there, Marianne. If you can't take public transportation, for God's sakes.
Speaker 4: We can't help you. I mean, you got to go down there and make an appointment. You got to go down there and talk to them. Who don't you trust, Marianne?
Speaker 17: I will, I will see if I can get I have a the RTD for seniors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good friends, good.
Speaker 17: I will see if I can get one of them to drop me off there.
Speaker 4: Here's why you have If you take your emails with you and your ID number, they're gonna help you. They're not going to send you away without talking to you. This is terrible. I mean, this could happen to anyone. So Mark, what do you suspect somebody took out.
Speaker 3: A loan in her name?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, and she's got to get down to that office.
Speaker 15: It's important, Marianne. I used to work for this small business administration. They're very can you and you're easy to work with. You need to get down there, and if I have to, I'd even drive you down there, But you have to go there in person and make an appointment.
Speaker 3: And I believe they will help you. I think so too.
Speaker 17: I will certainly try it because I'll print out all the emails that I.
Speaker 3: Have exactly exactly.
Speaker 17: And the responses that I gave, and do this thing I have.
Speaker 4: But let me give you a note. Let me give you a note on how to complain with them. Serious and I'm serious now, I'm not kidding. When you go down there, start you start with the idea that your social security.
Speaker 3: Is now being is now being garnished. You start there, say my social security is being garnished for money.
Speaker 4: They say I owe you. Start with that, then work backwards. Don't go back to the beginning saying I got a letter from you guys saying I was in default. Start from now and work backwards. So many people do just the opposite when it comes to complaining. They feel they have to be chronological. You can be chronological with a complaint after you give the initial complaint.
Speaker 3: The initial complaint should always.
Speaker 4: Start with today and work backwards, and then you can be chronological all you want.
Speaker 3: But I would make that appointment.
Speaker 17: Took But if they will continue the garnishment after two months.
Speaker 3: Well, when did did they stop garning? Wait? Wait wait wait wait wait did they stop garnishing?
Speaker 17: They stopped? Yes, they stopped. Not they took September, they took October and that was all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that okay? And why do you Mark, why do you think they stopped?
Speaker 13: Because why do you think they because she filled out the fraud claim, that's why.
Speaker 3: Okay, that didn't.
Speaker 17: Keep them from asking for more documentations.
Speaker 3: But they stopped. Obviously, obviously you hit a nerve, Marianne.
Speaker 4: You did get them to stop. That's very important.
Speaker 13: It's not even a nerve when you claim the fraud they'll quit garnishing. I mean that should have been done on your first notices. Then they wouldn't have even taken those couple months. So when will she get that money back?
Speaker 17: They contacted me last Tuesday and said that they have determined that I still oh that this is my debt to I still owe this debt. This is my debt I took out that loan.
Speaker 3: Okay, they did tell you that.
Speaker 17: At a point, and go in and find out what to do and.
Speaker 3: Possibly, okay, Marianne.
Speaker 17: Get a lawyer to help me.
Speaker 4: I guess, Well, I don't know if you need an attorney first to that business, that person a person, but.
Speaker 3: Marianne, So you expect them to start garnishing again.
Speaker 17: I do, I really do.
Speaker 4: Because they called you and they said, Marianne, we've determined this is a valid debt.
Speaker 17: Tom. They never called me. It all done by email.
Speaker 4: They contacted you and said we have determined this is a valid debt. Yeah, okay, I think then our original information was correct, even though they only took two months.
Speaker 3: You should go down there and tell them two.
Speaker 4: Months of your social security was garnished and you just got an email saying this is valid, and you're afraid they're going to start garnishing again.
Speaker 3: That is exactly what I would do.
Speaker 4: Go down there as soon as possible, and then call us back and let us know what happens.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. Frank Ran the real estate Man will tell you what your house will sell for or give you an estimate an a not an appraisal, evaluation based on market conditions.
Speaker 3: You can depend on Frank. It's free of charge, no obligation.
Speaker 4: If you're thinking about listing Frank Durandereestate Maan dot com three o three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Brian Burns, Do we have any comparisons to make on homeowner's insurance or auto insurance or any kind of quote quote Compass dot com or the Insurancehealthcenter dot com.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Brian?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have one here that I thought was pretty interesting. It looks like someone called us they are with Farmers Insurance and they did not realize that. Once we actually had their declaration pages, we were able to show them that they have a two percent wind hail deductible.
Speaker 3: Explain what that is a two percent wind hail deductible. Explain that to that, So.
Speaker 5: That means whatever your dwelling limit is in this case it was six hundred thousand, a six hundred thousand dollars dwelling limit, their deductible is two percent of that wind hail deduct of that dwelling limit. So that would equate out to twelve thousand dollars deductible.
Speaker 3: For a twelve thousand dollars deductible they have, but it's worse than that.
Speaker 5: So in addition, they have what is called a roof schedule, which is essentially actual cash value settlement on the roof. The roof is thirteen years old, so they don't have roof coverage. You know, if you look at what the roof schedule amount is.
Speaker 1: By the way, a.
Speaker 3: Roof schedule means that your roof is worth this much in twenty twenty five, this much in twenty twenty six, this much in twenty twenty seven, or or how many years from new go ahead exactly, and that yeah, it shows you once your roof gets to a certain age, you have to look at what that schedule says and it will tell you what portion of the roof replacement they will pay. So ultimately, they had little to no coverage for the roof. We've put them or we got quotes at least to them for a company called Acuity and for auto home and umbrella. They didn't have an umbrella before, so we added an umbrella. We got the replacement cost on the roof, and we saved them about three hundred dollars a year.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you got them full replacement cost above that atrocious coverage.
Speaker 3: Ye plus save the money. Do they understand how lucky they were to call you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think and I'm not the one that talked with them. Sometimes people will hear the three hundred dollars and think, well, that's not much of a saving. Since we try to explain, I get it, but you have replacement cost on your roof now you don't.
Speaker 4: Before they they essentially had no coverage on their roof. Had they had a hailstorm and it was a sixty thousand dollars roof.
Speaker 3: They would have covered the entire thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this new quote would cover the entire thing, but they before.
Speaker 3: They would have been they would have had to pay out of pocket. You got it exactly.
Speaker 5: And that's my point is it's if there was a loss, you would realize how big of a savings that is. And you know, I'm not trying to cast any illusions. As roofs get older, it is hard. It's becoming more and more difficult to find companies that will do replacement costs on that.
Speaker 3: But I think the key is.
Speaker 5: What we always try to do is we try to tell people, Hey, here's your options. Do you want a lower premium right, well, then you're going to have a higher deductible. But we make sure they understand that exactly.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to Ruby, now, Ruby, what's going on with your twenty thirteen Chevy Equinox.
Speaker 14: Okay, I'm Rubing and I live in Atlanta, Georgia. Okay, it was so, it was so about three months ago.
Speaker 9: Okay, we put.
Speaker 17: A brand new battery in it.
Speaker 16: We put a brand new battery.
Speaker 24: In it since we got it.
Speaker 17: But it won't do anything and it.
Speaker 23: Was so bad.
Speaker 14: A one also gallery a seventy two Coverton Highway, Decatur, Georgia.
Speaker 4: Hey, Ruby, when did you how long ago did you buy it?
Speaker 18: By?
Speaker 17: Three months ago?
Speaker 3: Three months? Did you have trouble from the beginning?
Speaker 9: And I had trouble from the beginning.
Speaker 16: I have tried to reach out to him, but he would not call me back. He was my daughter, it's my daughter laws.
Speaker 3: Calm, okay, how much did you pay for it?
Speaker 16: Pretty close to six thousand dollars cash?
Speaker 3: And and did you get any kind of a warranty or was it as is as ill? And did you have it checked out by anyone? No?
Speaker 23: Her and my son when he got it. But he would not answer, no cow at all.
Speaker 14: And he said, Atlanta, I'll come to the highway and I've been reaching out.
Speaker 24: Camel five, camel tooom.
Speaker 16: Please reach out to.
Speaker 21: Me and call me.
Speaker 3: My noma is say, okay, hold no, no, no, no, no, Ruby, don't give your number out right now. So so right now, your son and daughter in law bought a twenty thirteen Chevy Equinox for six grand as is And what did you have to do other than a new battery? What's wrong with it?
Speaker 14: They everybody that the mechanic that looked at say, the motor is gone.
Speaker 3: Oh oh uh oh. So they can't even drive it right now. They can't even drive it.
Speaker 23: She can't even get her test or nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: The name of the the name of the place is what that she bought it. You said a one auto gallery.
Speaker 3: A one auto gallery, right right?
Speaker 17: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: Okay, here, I'm going to give it to someone who wants to take a shot, maybe, Bo, Hey, Bo, how about taking a shot at your Georgia accent and call down there to uh a one auto gallery at least see what they say.
Speaker 3: A Enoma you hold on, I want that.
Speaker 4: I want that number in a second here, Okay, what's the number?
Speaker 21: M h huh yeah, okay, all right, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 11: Hold on and we've been reaching out.
Speaker 4: Now listen, I want to tell you something, Okay. I just hope there may not be unless this dealer is stand up or something, we may not be able to do anything.
Speaker 3: If you bought it as is.
Speaker 4: I want to check the laws in in Georgia about as is. But I think it's going to be the same as here in Colorado. I think you may see here's the problem, Ruby. If you buy it as is, you buy it with all the trouble. You know that, right, right, So it's possible there's nothing the mecca. I mean, the dealer might say it's your problem. Okay, hold on, I got to take a break hold on, Bo, would you take this and see if we can make a call for Okay, we got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey Victoria, what's going on with you? Hi?
Speaker 24: Do you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes? I Ken, Victoria, what's going on with you? So?
Speaker 24: My mom and I uh started paying on a car from a dealership, and.
Speaker 20: It turns out that.
Speaker 24: The issues I'm having, multiple people are having.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a twenty sixteen surrender. It's when did you buy it?
Speaker 24: When did we start paying on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 24: November or it was late.
Speaker 4: November, okay, and that's when you bought it, right, you bought it in November, yeah, okay, And and what went wrong with it?
Speaker 24: So with that dealership, you have three days to take the.
Speaker 9: Car back, okay, and the car the car.
Speaker 24: Broke down on me on the fifth day, and so it was too late for them to do anything. So they recommended a dealership that we had warranty with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what happened.
Speaker 24: They had to replace the hoses. The powers like just went out on me.
Speaker 11: Like the car.
Speaker 24: Wouldn't accelerate, so they had to replace like thirty different hoses, and then the spark plugs, and then not too long later, they had to replace the spark plugs again. And the spark plugs were not the problem. And so every time the car was going in to get sixed, it was for the same thing over and over again. And so when I was on the highway, the car went out and I almost got hit by a semichuck because it just died right there.
Speaker 4: Hey, Victoria, Victoria, how many miles on this car?
Speaker 24: I don't know off the top of my head. It's a good I think it's about.
Speaker 9: Sixty thousand, okay.
Speaker 3: And another question, another question I have is did you have to pay each time you took it in.
Speaker 24: No, but we did end up paying five thousand dollars out of pocket.
Speaker 3: What wait? Wait, wait, why did you what did you pay five thousand dollars for.
Speaker 24: So many different things? And because we took it to the actual Kia dealership because since since the twenty sixteen it's more electrical, so they would have to correct parts for it, and so like a lot of things got replaced. And they said that the dealership previously that I got it from glued parts together. Oh no, and so yeah, and so they try to cover up leaks with glue and this and that. And so my mom and I paid about forty five over forty five hundred dollars fixing the car and it's still not driveable.
Speaker 3: And wait wait wait are you? Are you saying, Victoria, after paying forty five or let's say, around five grand out of pocket, it's not driveable at all or it's just poor.
Speaker 24: It's not drivable.
Speaker 3: Well, what does the dealer, okay, forget about the people that sold it to you? What does this dealers say that took five grand from you? What do they say about that if you spend five grand? What do they say about it not being driveable.
Speaker 24: They're recommending that we traded in, but a lot of people won't like get set down the trade because we still own nineteen thousand dollars on it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, wait a minute, you own nineteen grand on it?
Speaker 24: Yeah, and the car has that in mechanic shops longer than we drove it.
Speaker 3: Okay, where did you what's the name of the dealer you bought it?
Speaker 24: Drive Time in Lakewood, Denver?
Speaker 3: Drive Time?
Speaker 7: My god, I just looked at Drivetime's website. Yeah, they actually have two things.
Speaker 3: Yeah what do they have?
Speaker 7: Five day return guarantee and they also have a thirty day fifteen hundred mile limited warranty. And it sounds like our caller may have been made have been unaware of that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I wait wait, so you bought it? You bought it from drive Time in Lakewood? Yes, sir, and and they say, what what do they They want you to trade it in?
Speaker 7: No, the repairing dealer wants they were to trade it in.
Speaker 4: No, No, did you did? Did drive Time in Lakewood? What did they say about this car?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 24: I think he's a manager. His name is Nico. I kept letting him know every time that the car was breaking down.
Speaker 4: And literally, like, how can people how honest to god look at I hold on a second, Victoria. I know a lot of people are making mistakes out there with cars, I know they are, But does that give dealers a license to cheat like this and to be to be that crooked? I mean, come on, man, it just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying they're lying and cheating, but it sounds to me like they knew this car might have been not in the great shape. Why didn't you take it to be checked out?
Speaker 24: So here's the thing, if you let me finish replace. Yeah, if you go on the website, you go to the review section and then there's like categories at the top. You press lowest reviews and you will see that there's multiple people having the same problems at me and people that can afford an expensive diagnostics. They got quoted almost eight thousand dollars in repairs and they said the same, like similar things that that the mechanics there were covering up.
Speaker 3: Okay, Victoria, listen, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what we can do, but we will call them for you and see, I mean, here's why you guys spent five thousand dollars on this car and it still isn't running right.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can ask them to a.
Speaker 24: Lot of people won't accept it as a trade because of the condition it's in, and it's like a risk for them.
Speaker 4: Now I understand that, let's see what we can get drive time. Maybe we can get drive time to either take it or to get it running for you. I am people, this is becoming epidemic. This is becoming, I swear to God, epidemic for people.
Speaker 3: It's so bad now. I know people are making big mistakes, but it just seems like they're being taken advantage of. How do these dealers go to sleep at night? How do they do it knowing that young people have put everything they have into this. There's gotta be some morality here. Hold on, we got hold on. We're gonna have somebody call for you. I'm gonna put Deputy d on it. Just hang on, okay, he'll be talking to you. I'm Tom Martino. We got more coming up.