Speaker 1: And in this episode is cool to step Bead.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys, Welcome to season three, episode forty one of Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me it's always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: Awesome jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website, The.
Speaker 3: Blue Podcasts dot com.
Speaker 2: Our email address.
Speaker 3: Blue podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for. And you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. It's just one dollar a month via Patreon. Spotify has changed some things on their end, and we're no longer able to offer subscriptions directly on Spotify, but with Patreon, it works on every podcast platform. It is super cool.
Speaker 4: Yes it is, and a.
Speaker 2: Huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome. You guys sure are Henry speaking of people who are awesome? What should we do next?
Speaker 3: The hallouts?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen on. Everyone has to clap and go whoo. Yeah. All right, that's awesome, got Itay, let's start on Spotify. We heard from Melanie Dude two Muffin and Socks, who always leave a funny comment of something Muffin said, and on this one it was I am a lama eating a banana. It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: We heard from Julia Hunter, Dylan, Emily, someone whose us her name is Poe Fox Show be a Trix Bat, Daisy tractor Boy, someone who's us her name has the word Taco's in it, Skippy Grant, someone whose user name ends with the word photo, Rowan and Thy, Liz, Kirsty, Puppy Doggie. We heard from Roger and his daughter, and we heard from Chris. We got some emails. We heard from Zoe, who likes Stella the best and likes the episode. Grannymobile that is.
Speaker 4: A great episode, it really is.
Speaker 2: We heard from Ivy and Eva Ivy has messaged us before, and she has introduced our podcast to her little sister, and they both recently had birthdays. Happy Birthday Ivy and Eva.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday Girls.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Eva mentioned that she likes Stella the best the episode Pavlova and that Muffin is her favorite character.
Speaker 4: I like all those things too, me too.
Speaker 2: We heard from Earl who was telling us about the three little men in the spaceship song from the episode Relaxed that we were talking about, So thank you for that information, Earle. And we also heard from Jack, who is also known as Jay the Macaroni Kid.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, interesting cool nickname.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, what's up Macaroni? And we also got a voicemail from our friend Brendan.
Speaker 5: Greetings dinner with the Healers. This is your friend at Brendan speaking to you once again. So I have another Bluey moment to share with you from the Blue episode Smoochy Kiss.
Speaker 2: Why are you hoping peed on my foot?
Speaker 6: It wasn't paying attention?
Speaker 3: Why not? I was trying to put those hair.
Speaker 5: Out in your nose discussed me.
Speaker 2: Welcome to middle age.
Speaker 3: Kid way, what it looks like the foot.
Speaker 2: Very tough, so.
Speaker 6: I got.
Speaker 5: Oh goodness, gracious, Bandit may have a lot of disgusting habits, and of course, when Blue said he's a prop, I personally have to agree with her on that. Okay, talk to con soon perfectly.
Speaker 6: Well, Brendan, you have done it again. You have picked out one of the greatest moments from the Blue episodes. That episode, that scene was just hilarious. I think it had me in tears. I was laughing so hard at Blue freaking out about everything with Bandit.
Speaker 2: I love that one too, And it is funny to think about as an adult, just the stuff you accept as just part of life.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, I would have lost it. But you know what, growing up it's tough.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You got hair coming out of your nose and everywhere else. And the peing on the foot thing, I'm not saying that's never happened to me. Oh listen, things just half a way of happening, right, I guess. Guys, thank you so much for all of the emails, the comments, the reviews, and the five star ratings. You guys are awesome. It means so much to us that you support the show, and we want you to know we read every single comment, even the super mean ones.
Speaker 6: Yes, we sure do read all the comments, and we just we appreciate you guys so so much and we're so happy that you guys love the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we just got done watching stick Bird and.
Speaker 3: The beds Hit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it does too, Colleen, stick Bag, YEAHI Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of the episode, you can see them at the beach and Bluey and Bingo. They find some sticks and they try throwing them, but they don't go that far. And Chili asks who taught you to throw and they say nobody, And then Chili asks band It if he could teach them. He goes, huh what he's like, never mind, I'll just teach him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, band It seems kind of distracted, doesn't he. Henry? Yeah, what is Bandit made up as? While he's sitting there on the beach.
Speaker 3: Henry a mermaid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has a whole sand tail. He looked lovely so pretty. Yeah, but plainly he is distracted with something that is on his mind.
Speaker 4: We've all been there, right, Oh, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: Stella, Chili is gonna help the girls learn how to throw? What does she do?
Speaker 3: The first thing she does is she sets up a target for them to try to hit, and then she teaches them how to throw. She tells them to stand sideways like they're on a skateboard. Then she tells them to bend their knees and aim with their arm. Then she tells them that they need to use their whole body to throw.
Speaker 2: Right their whole body. And they asked her, why do we need to learn to throw while we after.
Speaker 6: That, just throw roughly so you can throw things really fa do we need to throw things really far? Sometimes?
Speaker 2: Well, Mom and the girls are over doing this Bandit is just staring off into space. Amanda, what does Chili tell him?
Speaker 6: She looks at him and says, let it go, babe, and he says that he's trying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever is on his mind. He's having a really tough time not thinking about it, and he's missing out on the fun that they're having right now. He and Bingo are going to go find a stick, and Bingo does the classic kid move where she says you want to race and then says go before he can even be close to being ready, and off they go. Amanda, what do they find?
Speaker 6: They found a stick and it wasn't just any stick. This particular stick looked like a bird.
Speaker 2: Heead it? Really?
Speaker 4: Did it did?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Henry. What do we see Blue doing during this?
Speaker 3: During this, Blue is practicing throwing while Chili is helping her.
Speaker 2: It looks like she's getting better with each try, too, doesn't it. Yeah, yeah, she's getting better at sending that stick sailing? Henry. What does Bingo do with the stickbird head?
Speaker 3: Bingo builds a little sand body for it, and she puts it in there, and then she starts building a little bird body for it. She builds wings, and then she puts a like leaf think in the back of it to make its like tail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Henry. What does Bingo tell stickbird?
Speaker 3: Bingo tells stickbird that she's gonna be happy here because there's a bunch of other birds.
Speaker 2: It's cute to see Bingo be so affectionate towards this stickbird that they build. And I can remember being the same way. Oh yeah, I mean, I was gonna say when I was little, but that's probably not accurate. I would feel that way now, Yeah, me too. They want to find a stick so Bingo can practice throwing, but they can't use Stickbird have.
Speaker 1: To find and stick.
Speaker 3: Oh why because we caught for a stick that's head.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, of course not. We never do that to use stickbird too beautiful. Band It and Bingo head towards the shoreline and they see loads of sticks. Stella, what happens while.
Speaker 3: They are picking up sticks? Some kids walk by stickbird and one of them takes the stick off of Stickbird.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh my gosh, that is exactly what I would have done when I was a little boy. Yeah, they came by and they took Stickbird's head, but they didn't know it was just a stick sticking out of the sand. But Bingo sure is upset, Stella, what is Bandit tell her?
Speaker 3: Bandit tells her that they probably weren't trying to be mean and that they didn't know that they just made it so they thought it was just a stick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, very good. But Bingo has something to say about that, Amanda, What does she say those boys are now?
Speaker 4: She said that they were mean and that they are now her rivals.
Speaker 2: Man. That took a turn, didn't.
Speaker 4: It it did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bandit was really trying to help her feel better about it, and he told her something that I think is pretty profound.
Speaker 3: I really liked that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: He was beautiful.
Speaker 2: But when you put something beautiful out into the world, it's no longer yours, really, Amanda. While Banda is still trying to cheer Bingo up, what happens.
Speaker 6: Bluie comes running up to Bingo and she's super excited to tell her that she knows how to throw now, and then she asked her if she wants to race, But then Dad says that Bingo is feeling a little upset right now, she may not want to race right now.
Speaker 2: Henry Blue shows Bingo something that her friend Mia showed her. What was it?
Speaker 3: It was a way to get rid of your anger and sadness. You usually find some around your belly, around your neck, and you always need to check the ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you collect the upset and the angry wherever you feel it. And once she was holding it, Bingo asked Blue something.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 3: Henry Bingo asked, what do I do with it now? And Blue told her to throw it?
Speaker 2: Yeah. She asked Blue if she wanted it first, and Louie said, no, throw it away, and so she did. And how did she feel after that, Henry.
Speaker 3: She felt really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she threw her cares away and Blue said, don't thank me, thank Mia, she's the one who showed me. And thank mom for teaching me how to throw, and off they went. Bandit said he would give them a head start, Stella. What happens?
Speaker 3: Bandit stands there and he decides to collect his upset insad and he throws it into the ocean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he chucks it away. And I love the way the camera shot was where you're watching it from the perspective of his bad feelings, looking at him and going out over the ocean, And it really touched me because, man, I'll tell you what, as an adult you go through some stuff, and being able to cast your cares away in the way the music was playing, it was just so so good.
Speaker 4: I agree it really it did kind of move you.
Speaker 2: And that was the episode. Henry. Did we miss anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 6: Can we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Stella? Could you tell us what were we supposed to learn today?
Speaker 3: We were supposed to learn that you shouldn't hold on to your sadness and anger because focusing on that more than anything else can cause you to miss out on some stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good, Very good. I think that's something that a lot of people struggle with.
Speaker 6: What about you, Amanda, I agree with what Stella said. I know I've had times where I think I'm spending too much time focusing on something that's made me upset, and you do, you focus on it until it just eats you up and you're missing out on what's going around you right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it is real easy to miss out on what is happening when you're stuck in the past or in the thought process. That isn't going to fix anything.
Speaker 3: What about you, Henry, Yeah, I agree with Stilla too, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She nailed it. I really like the thing that Bandit said about once you put something beautiful out into the world, it's not really yours anymore. And that applies to a lot of things. You hear that, especially with music or art, that once you put it out there, people's interpretation of it is their own thing. It doesn't really belong to you anymore. It becomes part of the human experience, and once you've done that, you don't guide or dictate how people react to it. But the other thing I was thinking of is that applies to your kids, that once they start becoming their own person, they're not yours to mold anymore. They learn their thing and they find their way and them growing up is just a normal thing. You can't keep it in a container. And I don't know if that's what they meant by that, but it's definitely what I thought of.
Speaker 6: You really got some deep thinking there with that one.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm making too much of it, but when you see all the things that are weighing on Bandit, right, and you have to wonder what is he thinking about?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: And we know that in episodes coming up, like the Sign, for example, Yeah, was this Bandit thinking about the fact that he's been offered this job? Should he take it? Should he not? The creators of the show said that we the fans, were being too literal with it. They're like, there's nothing specific. This was. Every person can relate to this, and they made it intentionally vague so that everybody could find themselves in It makes sense. Yeah, And now that we're talking about it, I wonder if the one you released something beautiful into the world, it's not really yours anymore. If that was their understanding of what happens to this masterpiece of a show that they make. Oh, once you put it out there, the lessons that we think we were supposed to learn, that's our thing. Now, maybe it's not what they intended. Maybe it was exactly what they intended, but it's not really theirs to say anymore.
Speaker 4: Or maybe there was nothing intended.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, wow, but that's sure something. But I did like the sentiment because it really really stuck with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that a lot. It was a really good episode.
Speaker 2: Does anyone have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 3: Yes, Henry, I really liked this episode, and I think Stickbird was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was a neat little sand sculpture, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did a really good job mateing Stickbird.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I was kind of sad for Bingo.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I liked being able to see Bingo and Louie like find things on the beach to do that was fun for them, like how Bingo made Stickbird and was looking to run for sticks, and how Blueye was learning how to throw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were having a good time, weren't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah they were.
Speaker 4: I thought Bandit made a beautiful mermaid.
Speaker 2: He definitely did very, very striking, very mermaid like, Yes, do you do you think? I didn't even think about this until Henry said something earlier that they're at the beach. Is this the continuation of the previous episode Relax, where they're on vacation.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good thought, Henry.
Speaker 2: The only reason it didn't occur to me is because bandit didn't seem introspective and sad in the episode Relax. But I mean, it doesn't mean that it's not. It very well could be. What do you think, Henry, I think that could be maybe. So Yeah. I love the music in this I love the music in a lot of Blue episodes and in this one the theme did you recognize it? No?
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 2: It's a classical piece. It's Jessue Joy of Man's Desiring. It is such a beautiful piece. I love the way Josh Bush and the music team take classical music and use it in this show. And it's something that Amanda, you and I can relate to from when we were young in Looney Tunes cartoons a lot, Yeah, classical music that we're aware of. Yeah, we learn from those cartoons and the way they spin it on Bluie. It's so good. I love it, that's yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember hearing those tunes like you said, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I really relate to to how bandit is having a hard time being in the moment. Yeah, it's easy to do that with work and that sort of thing, between my job and other things I do and the podcast. You guys listening would be shocked at how much time it takes to do a podcast episode. And I'm so focused on that that it would be easy if I don't really make a point to miss out on some things because I'm so busy trying to do all this other stuff. Right, But anyway, well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome and until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye.