Speaker 1: It's nice eye with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm going Ezy Boston's News Radio. Thank you all. Busy night for the Z News team. Before we get to our twentieth hour, I have a little announcement to make here. First of all, I would be off next week, as I understand. Gary Tangway, we'll be in on Monday and Tuesday night, and Morgan White we'll be in Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night. Please treat all of them very well. I would appreciate that, and I will return on December second. I will tell you that on December ninth, at eight o'clock, we are going to have our eighteenth annual college Admissions panel with Harvard Dean Bill Fitzimmons, who's been with us every year since we began this program in two thousand and seven, and Grank Goslin, who's the dean of admission the undergraduate admission at Boston College. Now, if any of you who are listening tonight, or high school students, you want to mark this on your calendar, because if you are thinking of applying to college, or if you have a son or a daughter who is getting to that point in time where they're thinking about college, there's an immense amount of good information that both these gentlemen provide to my listeners. They are very busy at this time of year, and for them to spend the time that they spend with us take phone calls. We'll begin at eight o'clock on Monday night, December ninth. Now one other programming note. As the days of twenty twenty four dwindled down to a precious few, we will do our twelfth annual Night Side Charity Combine. Those of you who are regular listeners know of what I speak those of you who are not regular listeners. The last two hours of my broadcast year, which will be this year on Friday night, December twentieth, from ten to twelve, we will introduce you to and interview representatives of upwards of twenty to twenty two charities. We can fit them in. They all get three or four minutes. It's remote interviews, so there's no inconvenience. We've done these in studios in studio in previous years. So if you happen to be involved in a five oh one c three charity, what I mean by that is a legitimate charity. If you're running a charity like for your uncle, Harry's Beer Fund. That doesn't qualify, okay, But if you're involved in either a national charity or a regional charity or a local charity that's doing good work and you'd like to get some publicity about that charity, what we do is we will tell you what time you will be scheduled or the representative of your charity will be scheduled, and we then will interview you live in the year sometime between ten and midnight on Friday night, December twentieth. That will get all of us in the mood for the holiday season, whether you're celebrating Hanukah or Christmas. I think it's a wonderful program that we started many years ago at the behest of my daughter. She was a college student at the time, and some funny stories about this, but we used to do it in studio and it was like an assembly line. There would be people coming into the studio, people going out of the studio. Look like an MBTA station. But we do it very expeditiously. We have it. It runs like clockwork. All you have to do right now is if you were interested in participating, and it's better to hear from the person who's going to go in the air. Please don't call us and tell us to call you heard about some charity and give them a call. No, we are not calling out to charity. That we could do that, but that's not what we want to do. This is a call for people who would like to highlight their charity, something that they're familiar with. And again it can be big, smaller or medium. I'm going to give Marita aka Lightning, the producer of the daytime Producer, her direct line at w b Z and get you a piece of paper and a pencil. Give you time to get a piece of paper and pencil and just call. Leave your name, the name of the charity and a daytime phone number. Marita will be calling you back. We will establish a schedule and then you'll be on with me. I'll interview you. It's really simple. Tell us what the purpose of the charity is, what the name of the charity is. Who are you trying to help? You're trying to help veterans, Are you're trying to help homeless people? Are you trying to help kids underprivileged or whatever? Okay, uh, do you have a website? How how can people help you? As a contributions do you need volunteers whatever. Here is Marita's phone number. Just write it down seven eight one three five zero one six. This number will ring to Marita aka Lightning, the producer of Nights Side during the Day Robbers at Night. Her number again seven eight one three five zero one seven two six. And the only way to get on is to make us aware of the charity. Uh, and it doesn't It can be a small charity, it can be a big charity. Well, we'll we'll consider them all. There is a first come, first served element to this, so at some point we're starting a little late. When I get back on December second, we'll see how many we have. Uh. If we have more than then we can accommodate. We'll probably ask some that had been on before to allow a new group of charities to present themselves. But whether you're on before or not, if you'd like to at least apply, it's all over the phone, daytime, phone number, your name. And again please do not call us and say, oh, I know of a great charity two towns over, and I think the name of the charity is this, and maybe the person is the head of it is this, and I think this is their phone number. We will not make any of those calls. I'm not calling people and saying, hey, would you like to be on our show? You got to show some initiative. All right, twentieth hour here. Well, first of all, the week. It's been kind of a crazy week here on Nightside in many many respects, some of which you are familiar with, some of which you're not familiar with. We started off talking about the Ted Williams auction on Monday night with David Hunt of Hunt Auctions. We talked with Alex Stoweyanov about the Grand Kiev Ballet coming to Boston on the twenty ninth and thirtieth of November, I believe at the Emerson Colonial Theater for the Nutcracker and Snow Queen. Talk with Bill Dendy about Thanksgiving inflation, Doctor Shira de Rone about breakout of E. Coli related to organic carrots. Talk with doctor Andrew Budsen at Boston University neurologist about memory loss how it affects young people as well as older people. Talked about Joe Biden for a couple of hours on Monday night giving the authorization to Ukraine to use some of the long range US missiles, which allows Ukraine to strike deep into Russian territory. Tuesday night, we talked with Charles Rowe about Lioneld trains for winter. Talk with Ben Knowle, a Washington Post meteorologist down in New Zealand. Talk with Jillian Young of the Triple A about eighty million people traveling, and talk with Jeffrey Schaeffer about World's AIDS Day that is December one, twenty twenty four. Had an online and had an offshore wind discussion with Dustin Tolano, a Maine fisherman, and Grand Prova, who's with a group that is pro offshore wind. We also talked on Tuesday night at ten o'clock about how family should handle Thanksgiving. Did two hours in that both ten and eleven. On Wednesday. Talked with doctor Mark Long's Joe about mental illness and how it is exacerbated during the holidays. Talk with Sawyer Satar about listeria food born illness. Talk with doctor Joshua Coleman about what's called soul made parenting, Julie Balki about jen Z and how that they are more interested in doing TikTok videos than sending a resume. We talked at nine o'clock at ten o'clock about the three teacher strikes here in Massachusetts at Beverly, Gloucester and Marblehead which are underway. Marvel Head apparently settled their strike, but kids have missed a lot of school days in Beverly, Gloucester and marvel Head. We talked about the Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Braggs saying that he would like to delay the sentencing of Donald Trump for his thirty four felony Kinnick convictions until the day after Trump leaves the White House, which would be January twenty first, twenty twenty nine. Give it up, Alvin, You've made a fool of yourself on this case, in my opinion. Last night, we talked with David Fielar, he's doing a cross state walk. Patrick Murphy, former Democratic congressman, talking about the number of veteran suicides. Talk with doctor Danielle Dubin about skincare, be fat Kevin Paul DuPont the Boston Globe about the firing of the Bruins coach Jim Montgomery. Talked with Brian Kine, executive director of the MVTA. Advised we brought about some improvements that tea have made as the tea has made, talked about the Matt Gates' decision to withdraw his nomination as attorney general President Trumps, a former President Trump. President elect Trump has now nominated former Attorney general Florida Attorney General Bondy, and we continued that at eleven last night. Earlier tonight, we talked with the Duke Professor about canine cognition, about how smart dogs are, Doctor Professor Brian Hare, talked with doctor Christian Lathan about a rock concert to rock cancer. Brian Thompson, ACI Weather meteorologist about look so blessed with rain the last few days. Talked with Michael Sinida, he's the president of Resorts Residential for a company called Great Golf up in Killington, Vermont. And talked for two hours the first hour and a half with Tom Samlik, former direct Deputy Director of the JFK Assassination Records Review Board. And we had a lot of different interesting calls on that. Now now we're going to take a quick break. But here's what I want to do this twentieth hour. It is the weekend before Thanksgiving. Everyone on I hope everyone shares a meal with family and friends or neighbors on Thanksgiving, all of us or most of us, maybe some of us will have to go shopping on Tuesday and Wednesday. So I want to open up these phone lines, and I want to know what is your grocery store of choice. We've talked a little bit about this before, but I really want to do a poll here. I think I know how it's going to come out, but I just want to know. If you have your brothers, and most people do have brothers and sisters, no only kidding. If you have your brothers, where would you go grocery shopping? And why? I know my answer, and I'll share my answer with you, but I'd prefer to have the phone lines lit up. There's a whole bunch of different grocery stores. Some are smaller, kind of boutiqui grocery stores. Others have been around a long time, others are kind of new to the market. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty your favorite grocery store and what would what is your go to grocery store. I'm sure many of you, like me Occaislely will shop here and occasionally would shop there. But I want to know what is your favorite grocery store? And why light these lines up. I'll be back in about a minute and a half and let's get this party started. We're heading to midnight. I'll get you to Saturday. It has been a week here on Nightside. It is always a week on night Side, and we always try to pick a subject on Friday night in the twentieth hour, which this is again we do five nights, four hours a night. Do the math, that's twenty hours. This is the twentieth hour of the week. Uh. Normally we're doing things like brushes with celebrity, but tonight I just wanted to do grocery stores. What is your favorite store? I have a favorite store. I'll tell you why, but I want to hear from you. Join the conversation. Coming back on Nightside. Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World.
Speaker 3: Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you are outside of the New England area, normally we do a subject that anybody can call in. And you live in Pennsylvania or Maryland, or New York, or Mississippi or Florida wherever our voice in Michigan. Maybe you have a grocery store out there that's similar to what we have here. You'll hear the New England grocery stores. I'm sure. I'm going to tell you mine right now, just to get this going, because I think that people are a little hesitant here. My favorite grocery store is market Basket. And the reason it is my favorite grocery store is that they have lots of people on the Florida help you. I mean, I was at a market Basket today, No, yesterday. Excuse me, I've had it's been a crazy week. Okay, a crazy week. So I was at market Basket yesterday. And market Basket is not close to where I live. It's a good ten miles away. It's the one in Waltham on one twenty eight and I was there yesterday. I had a list of things that I wanted to buy. Things are less expensive now. Again, if you're a shopper like me and you'd like to save a couple of bucks, it's going to always for me, it's it's market Basket. I have a Shaws very close. I have a Roach Brothers very close. I have a Wegman's up the street. I haven't been to Wegmans in years. Okay. I find it to be a little pretentious. Uh, and I don't quite understand the setup. Shaws is Shaws Shaws, okay, but I think the Shaws prices have gone up much more than are justified. To be honest with you, I deal with the Shaws in the summertime and I have very much the same feeling. Roach Brothers is one in West Roxbury that I go to frequently, and the reason I go there is the quality of the fruits and vegetables, expensive but good quality. So for me it's market basket and the and the bottom line, it's the money. It's as simple as that, because when you go into stores now and you think about what the prices were just a few years ago, with with COVID in now compounded by inflation, it's unbelievable. I dropped a pair of pants off today at a tailor to just the pure corduroy pants, and the him at the bottom of one of the legs to the pants had pulled away, so it's not going to be a quick job. When I looked at what was going to be caught, the cost at from the tailor seventeen dollars a few years ago. I mean when I say, a couple of years ago, it would have been five bucks, or they might have said to me, now that's your regular customer, we'll do that for you, no problem.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I just I have a feeling I almost feel like going back there and saying, you know what, I'll take the quarter. I'll sell it myself. Anyway, let's go. Let me go to my friend Joel and Natick. Joel, I have no idea what you're going to say, but I want to know what your favorite grocery store is.
Speaker 5: I don't have any I go over the sales, Dan, you go where I go, wherever the sale is.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 5: It could be as good, it could be sure, it could be stopping shoved.
Speaker 2: But here's my question. Okay, here's my question. Every one of them have sales on any given week, right, that's right. I mean they all give you this sale stuff. So okay, what is your your constellation of grocery shows. You've got a Roach Brothers pretty close to where you live. What else do you have?
Speaker 5: Stop and shop?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have a stop?
Speaker 2: What other one? I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: What other one?
Speaker 5: Donaldans? Donaldans is in Whaland.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm unfamiliar. Deal the deal in E.
Speaker 5: L A N S. It's a small chain.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, that's good.
Speaker 5: Brothers Shows. The closest shows is in Ashland and the closest Market Baskets in Ashland.
Speaker 2: M hm. So so for you, it's just it's wherever the sale. So you have no no favorite, but you you you go to too many And I'm that's smart. Well, that's fine.
Speaker 5: If I want to get If I want to get produced and I don't want to get a hitdle as ninety nine cents, I go to I go to Market Baskets because they have What they do is they take the left over produce and they bag it and make it less expensive.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay, now so so one month, yeah, one more thing.
Speaker 5: So Shaws and Star owned by the same company. However, they don't have the same prices. Stand Shaws is cheaper than Star Market and their fly is a little bit different.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: I don't if you knew that or not.
Speaker 2: I did not know that because I always thought that they were Now yeah, just inter it's dispersable, I guess if that's a word that I'm owned by this same they're owned by Albertson.
Speaker 5: Right, that's right. Yeah, that's right. But they have different prices. Their flyers are not entirely the same either, which is strange. But you have to go to Shaws if you want to get the bargains that star.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to keep that in mind. But so but you do not want to pick one. That's okay, Joel, Thank you very much. Always great to hear your voice.
Speaker 4: Have you.
Speaker 5: Thanksgiving Dan, same to you and.
Speaker 2: Yours, Joe. You know that I'm right back right there for you. Okay, Thanks, I have a great night. All right, let's keep rolling here. By the way, President Trump has just nominated John Hopkins surgeon to lead the FDA. Doctor Marty McCarry, who has been a guest on this program on several occasions. Doctor Mark McCarry, a prominent John's Hopkins surgeon and author who will posts some pandemic Locke down measures and COVID nineteen vaccine mandates, nominated Friday by President elect Donald Trump to leave the Food and Drug Administration. I think that's a really good pick. Uh. Doctor McCarry has been on this show. I'll tell you several times. He's a very smart guy and he's a that's a great pick. In my opinion. You can agree or disagree. Let me get one more in here before we got to go to break. Let me go to my friend Bruce and Maynard. Hi, Bruce, welcome back.
Speaker 6: Hey d.
Speaker 2: I remember you very well. I saw you at the Boys and Gross Clubs dinner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was, I was.
Speaker 2: I was the auctioneer that night, Bruce, and a.
Speaker 6: Good amount of money too.
Speaker 2: Market basket, Market basket, Okay, we're We're in the same basket on this one, Bruce.
Speaker 6: I'm Mountain mad and I live in the Old Digital Complex and it's right five minutes for me. I can walk to it, so I'm there three days a week. I know the manager Jay, and it's a great store. It's a it's a price in the freshness of everything because everything goes so quick, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm impressed by market basket. I go to this one in Walthame and it's right. It's a kind of a hall. It's ten, ten eleven, twelve miles from where I am. But I gotta tie you.
Speaker 6: I lived at the bottom of the hill on Main Street. Just as you go, you go buy it when you go up to the old Polarly Complex as well. Lived before I moved out. But one of the reasons that brought me out here was market Basket. Like I said, we're there three days a week, so I don't do my shop and every day I just do it when I have to.
Speaker 2: Well, I like you, I would rather I would rather go to the store more frequently and make sure that everything in the refrigerator is fresh, as opposed to stacking up one day and then towards the end of the week getting stuff that is not as fresh as you want it.
Speaker 6: To be and luckily we will retire it. So we go during the week. The weekends are crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, my my schedule working nights allows me occasionally to go during the work too, so I understand the advantage of that. A little less traffic, no doubt.
Speaker 6: You have to, you have to, you know. It's sometimes yeah, no, we gotta got a.
Speaker 2: Little little Route nine action and one twenty eight and then all of that. You got to get off the road a little bit. But it works for me, and it's it's clean. And the other thing is that everybody's there. They have a lot of people. Many of them are people who are uh, you know, first generation Americans, and you ask them, we're something sometimes they'll actually walk into the eye.
Speaker 6: They will absolutely Yeah. Yeah, I've seen them take carriages out for people. No, they're very good. We'll talk again.
Speaker 2: Happy Thanksgiving to you and to your lovely family. Bruce. Okay, I really appreciate it. I enjoyed meeting you last eight That was last April. Boy, that that's two weeks ago.
Speaker 6: We'll be back.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know what, I think that they rotate people in and out. I enjoyed myself, but I try to, you know, give others opportunities as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I'll start to about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, they may want someone else. Thanks, good night, gotta take a quick break. We get June in California, we get Laurie and Idaho, Stephen Merrimack, New Hampshire, Tom and Lynn. We got full lines, which is the way I like it. We're heading to midnight. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside. Let's just run them up here. Let's run the score up between now and midnight, and then I'll be on Facebook Night Side with Dan Ray. If you've never seen me, if you're somewhere other part of the world, just go to night Side with Dan Ray on Facebook. I'll be there. At about twelve oh one twelve oh two. But in the meantime, you got me between now and midnight, coming right back on night Side. You're on night Side with Dan Ray on wz Boston's news radio. Let's go to June in California. June, how are you? Is this my friend June from Rhode Island. Yes, Hi, you are a world traveler. Yeah, June, Hi h.
Speaker 7: I want you to know I love market Basket, So I came out here for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 8: But I took four but I took four pounds.
Speaker 7: Of Bianco sausage from market.
Speaker 5: Basket, and my suitcase really dead, it seems to be.
Speaker 7: I froze it and then I put it in a bag with you know, one of those ice packs. Yeah, and I put it in my check luggage and I left it in the the wrapper the market basket and everything. So you know, if we got inspected, they know what it was.
Speaker 2: I think. I hope they didn't have like the you know, the dogs that sniff out stuff, the drug dogs. I can imagine the drug dog were thinking of, Wow, man, sausage, open this up office roof roof, roof roof roof.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, so you got it. Out there safe and sound. They stayed they stayed frozen.
Speaker 7: It stayed frozen.
Speaker 4: Yeah wow, good for you.
Speaker 2: So how big a group you? How long are you be out in California? Like weekend trip, week trip?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: I got here on the eighth and I'm coming home. I'll be in bossed in seven am on the third of December.
Speaker 2: I have talked to you from Europe on several occasions, and now you're talking to me from California. I'm such a loyal You are such a loyal listeners you and I so appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you makes me feel at home when I listen.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'll tell you. You know what I'm gonna do for you. If it's okay, I'd like to send you a Christmas present. I want to send you a night sag nightside tote bag. Okay, they are just out. I want you to leave with Rob your name, phone number, and your address and our friends at college Hype, Jack Dougherty and the gang.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Do you have a go and check out nightside gear dot com. That's where we have hats and t shirts and hooded sweatshirts and coffee mugs. Everything that's nightside but We've just come out with a nightside tote bag, and I think with you all your world travels, you should be able to have a night side tote bag. And we'll send that to your to your home in Rhode Island if you leave all the all right, Well, thanks for calling.
Speaker 7: Have a good Thanksgiving and I hope you do too.
Speaker 2: Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
Speaker 4: Jo, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Have a great night, good night. Don't hang up. Take that information, Rob. We're going to go next to Laurie, you know in Idaho. Hey, Laurie, how are you tonight?
Speaker 8: How do I follow up the smugglings messages story?
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. I could see the dog, couldn't you couldn't you see the talk? Oh nuts?
Speaker 8: Yeah right now, come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks very much. I hope someone else got to chuck a lot of it as well. Well. I don't think they have market Basket in Idaho anymore, but if you, but you may, you know, with your New England roots, want to put a vote in whatever you want.
Speaker 8: I do well, And yeah, because I was, I was going to market Basket and they were still split between Demula's and the market Basket. So it is generally it always was generally might go to. Every once in a while there would be something I had to go something else that never failed and have to hit two stories for whatever I was doing.
Speaker 5: But it definitely was my go to.
Speaker 8: And I have a friend who was in Danvers who says, the one that they've maybe they've done this is all them now one Danvers now has really been spiffed up. They have all these gourmet foods and these sandwich bars and all this stuff. It's really amazing.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah they have they have a very nice bakery, and yeah, they're stuffing up a little bit. I'm assuming that out in Idaho you have grocery stores.
Speaker 8: Right now, we have to go out and forage everything.
Speaker 2: Now your forage and you hunt, I assume.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Go to the meat department and you yeah, you go to the meat department and you you shoot a deer. No, I'm only kidding. Is it Albertson's house? Is it Albert That was?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have them Albertson's in a safe way, and I really don't care for either of them. There's this one called super one is okay. But there is a store called Yokes as in the oxen kind, not the egg kind. You just still fam owned and run and has two locations, one here in Standpoint and one down by Spokane. And they are.
Speaker 2: Awesome, excellent, excellent, excellent. So where's the closest you're in Idaho? Where's the closest grocery? How far? I mean, it's not like around the corner? I assume, right we.
Speaker 8: Actually Yoaks is?
Speaker 2: Oh good for you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this little house I'm renting now is a little bit, just a little bit north west of the city in the lake. And yeah, it's just shoot down ninety five and I don't have to go ninety five. I just have to go down and ride literally five minutes away, which is really nice.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I thought about you the other day. It's a true story. I was fighting. I shouldn't say I was fighting. I was challenging a company that I no longer do business with the other day about a medical mission for a charge. Okay, I just leave it like that. And anyway, they finally did allow the charge. And the reason was I finally got to it what they call it onshore representative and huh as opposed to an offshore representative.
Speaker 4: Me someone who does live in America with a real connection.
Speaker 2: But all you gotta have a bad connection. Absolutely. So I said to this really lovely woman, I said, could I ask you where you located? Because they knew she was in the States. She said Idaho, And I almost said, do you know my friend Laurie and Idaho? But then I realized that she might have lived in a different part of the state.
Speaker 8: It's a pretty big state. Yeah, And I just heard on the news of the David Boise. Bois is one of the the go to retirement places. And I'm like, really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well up north, next thing you're gonna talk. Well, I was trying to think of what town you lived in. But but she she was one great she was. She was a sand Point. Yeah. I should have remembered that. Oh god, I wish I remember that. Look, since since we we've already given away a tote bag to June in California, I don't see why I can't send you a tote bag so that you so that we can spread the word of Nightside in Idaho. So if you would stay on the line.
Speaker 8: And make sure you give rob I will take it to Yo for my groceries.
Speaker 2: That would be great. That would be great. Get a picture.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: That's very nice.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hang on there, give you an address, phone number and all and we'll be all set. We're going to get one more in here before the break. We we're gonna go. Let's go to Steve and Merrimack, New Hampshire. Steve, you were next on nightside. We Hi, how you doing. I'm doing just great.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to do before I say anything, I wanted to wish you a really happy Thanksgiving for you and your family.
Speaker 2: Right back at you, Steve, right back at you. And they went to Laurie and Idaho and June and California. I think I did wish one to Bruce and Maynard, uh and uh and Joel in Natick. So what's your favorite? Do you go to?
Speaker 4: Hands down? Market Basket for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 2: Market getting just blowing is winning at all. They're sweeping the board.
Speaker 4: Here, prices, they take care of their employees, They hire the handicap, elderly. They give bonuses to their employees. Even if you're a part time cashier. If you've worked there for two years, you know no other stores Shaws Hanaford's our Walmart. None of them do that. They're the only ones. And uh, for me personally, I went to high school with the Market Basket CEO rd T Kim Willis and you know, a really nice guy, the only billionaire I know, and he's old school and people appreciate it around here. That's why they have a great market share in New England.
Speaker 2: I think when I think when I retire, Okay, I enjoyed people, as you probably can tell, even people who disagree with me. I enjoy this show. Maybe when I retire, I don't want to be a Walmart greeter or something like that, but I think maybe I could be the first market Basket greater. You know, I just I would feel real comfortable in that position. So maybe you'll see it. You know, you never know.
Speaker 4: You gotta do something right. Yeah. And also one thing, if you go to this week, all the stores are busy because of Thanksgiving, but on a typical week you go in those parking lots and I don't know about Waltham, but you know londoner in New Hampshire or Bedford, New Hampshire, those parking lots are in full. I mean, oh yeah, all the time.
Speaker 2: You gotta wait. You gotta wait, and you got to spot somebody who's who's pushing their carriage out to a car, and you got to slowly kind of move with the carriage because once that person stops and opens the trunk of the door, you know that that you got a space and you got to be there because if you're not there, if you're five seconds late, someone else is going to be there.
Speaker 4: It's you get pretty fighting for those working places.
Speaker 2: It's like you're out hunting, do you know what I mean. It's like you're you're tracking.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I don't have to worry about deer hunting this year because the deer found my windshield of my car in October, total out my car.
Speaker 1: So you know.
Speaker 2: We've talked about that before. That could be a frightening experience.
Speaker 4: Yep. It was very violent. I mean the windshield got pushed in about ten or twelve inches. It wouldn't go anymore. If it wouldn't anymore, the deer would have been in my lap.
Speaker 2: What were you on a major road or side road?
Speaker 4: I was going on the entrance to a highway in Manchester and the deer just ran right into me and I was going forty. He was probably doing twenty and it just totally destroyed the car. The car was running, but the windshield was mashed and they couldn't fix it. So they had a total out the car.
Speaker 2: They couldn't give you a replacement windshield. They totaled the car.
Speaker 4: They had, They couldn't. The whole frame for the window. The roof was bent in the whole frame for the windshield was bent. They you know, the state top that investigated he was like, wow, you know, he was surprised that I made it through.
Speaker 2: That was a big deer.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was pretty violent. I mean it was like a cinder block going into my windshield.
Speaker 1: There's only one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've had the experience. Let me ask you this did was this? Did you see it coming? Or was it at night?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Nothing, It was just smash, it was That's the thing I didn't even. The only thing I saw was the deer's face on the windshield before he fell off. That's all I saw. Yeah, but that was my only experience with deer. And you know, I know you've talked about it before, but I am pairing about deer right now.
Speaker 2: We'll just remember this if if you truly if if they're really after you, you're not paranoid.
Speaker 4: Yeah they're I don't want to hit in my new car. But all I can say is it was very violent, and you know, I just it really. I have a stolen glass out of my arm. That's how Yeah, Milicia was.
Speaker 5: Going right into my right arm.
Speaker 2: I can hear.
Speaker 4: I was blood coming all over the place.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 4: It was, you know something I don't want to repeat, Steve.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, man, Hey, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to yeah, you too.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 4: I love your show. I hope you have a nice week.
Speaker 2: I sure will you help me make a good show tonight. Thank you much, all right, coming back on Night's side. The only lines opener are six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Everything else is full six one, seven, nine, ten thirty. We'll get everybody in, I promise. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Night Side Studios. How many BS News Radio I am in the Window World Nightside Studios. Here we go, let's keep rolling here, got to go to Tom and Lynn. Tom getting a little tight on time, go right ahead, sir, Yes, sir, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: The basket I show up at the Basket Market basket.
Speaker 2: You can't miss it.
Speaker 3: But it's not on sale this week. It'll be on sale next week or the week after. But if finally need a couple of things, there's a market on Boston Street in West Lynne. They've been there since the sixties. It's right by Sacred Hot Church. It's the fruit Basket. It's Pels fruit Basket. Palace of Pelletiers fruit Basket. The family comes up and watch you all in like the eighteen nineties, and you know, they're just good people, a big family.
Speaker 4: I know them.
Speaker 3: I grew up with all of them. And you pay a little more, but you know, you know, you support local merchants.
Speaker 2: It's just Pels very important, very very very important. And again if if the quality is worth it, there's no doubt, Tom, I appreciate it. Market baskets running the table here with everybody's been market Basket. They should start to advertise here. They don't have to advertise. Hey, thanks many, happy Thanksgiving to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Likewise, tell him Pells fruit basket.
Speaker 2: All right, Pell's fruit basket, give it a plug. Thanks much. Here we go next to Christine and that of Hike. Christine. We got to keep rolling here. Christine go right ahead.
Speaker 9: I picked Roach Brothers. They've always been in a family tradition, so so many years. I walk with it in my Frock three. They were always they always brought your carriages out, they were always like always have the families, hiring families, kids of special needs. They were always like family.
Speaker 2: Christ Christine, I was in Roach Brothers a couple of days ago. Yeah, So next time you're there, look around and see if I'm there, and come on up and say hello, will you?
Speaker 9: I will, yes, I will definitely thank.
Speaker 2: A happy thanks Giving to you and yours. All right, Thanks Christine, Happy Thanksgiving, have a great night. The reason I'm saying that is I'm going to be off next week, so I'll be back on December second. Next up Bernie in New York. Hey, Bernie, welcome.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm fine, nice to speak to you. I want to let you know we come up about every five weeks, every six weeks to visit our daughters, and we stop at Market Basket in North Andover. We bring a cooler with us. We buy their Italian sausage and always bring three or four packages back to New York with us.
Speaker 2: Did you hear, June? Did you hear June from California. She smuggled some frozen sausages from mar basket.
Speaker 1: You're like, but it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great story. It's a great story. And can you imagine if the dogs were sniffing there, you know, they go crazysa dogs TSA would figure that they had hit the motherload of cocaine or fental and whatever.
Speaker 1: Boy like that.
Speaker 2: Bernie, where about in New York?
Speaker 1: Are you Staten Island? Righty?
Speaker 2: How you listen to us in the radio on the internet.
Speaker 1: On the internet, yep, to catch a piece of the show almost every night of the week.
Speaker 2: So much. I appreciate it, Thank you so much. And you can listen to us on nightside and demand any next day if you miss a show. Thank you much, buddy. I'm going to take it one Marin, Okay, two, good night, Thank you, Bernie. Have a nice Thanksgiving good night. Matt. Matt, you were next to night side, Matt. I got to get you in one more and go ahead, Matt, gotta be quick, all.
Speaker 10: Right, all right, no worries. So I jumped in the very last second. So I know you're talking about it. Least supermarkets and stuff like that. So Yeah, whether it's the question you're asking or not, I just want to say that I hope with the current administration coming in that we could engroage Brothers and all the local ones around here, that we could lower costs to maximize healthier foods.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, the only question we're not We're not going there. We'll do that next, maybe a couple of weeks from now. What's your what's your go to grocery store?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 10: All right, go to grocery store for me is the butcher e Grocer butchery right in Brookline Village.
Speaker 2: All right, well that's the first vote for that. Okay, that's a good one, thanks Matt. I got to get one more in.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks man, God bless. Have a good weekend, God bless.
Speaker 2: Right back at you, Happy Thanksgiving. Angelo and Newe and Angela. Gonna wrap it here for us. Here we got about thirty seconds.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Angelo, Okay, Dan, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Thanks to kicking my call?
Speaker 8: Like maca basket and shot, stop a shot?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your favorite? Give me your favorite. I'm putting you down as a market basket. Vote. Is your favorite? Is that? Okay?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Market basket swept, swept this tonight tonight. Thank you my listeners, love market, Pat's get Angel. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you and your family.
Speaker 2: Dan, thanks much, buddy, have a good one all right. I'm done for the night. Everybody again, nightside gear gut dot com. Nightside gear dot com. Nice quick, easy presence for friends wire like nightside you also again. I'm off next week. Please have a great Thanksgiving. Be good to my guest host next week, Gary Tangway Monday and Tuesday, Morgan White Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Thanks to them in advance. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I guarantee you I will toast all of you at our family dinner with a bless of red wine. Rob Brooks, thank you very much. Crazy night Rob. But nice job, Maritas, always a great job. I'm going to be on Facebook real quickly.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Nice time with Dan ray Oh, dogs, all cats, all pets go to him. And that's my pal Charlie ray Is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's why your pets are our past. They loved you, You love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Have a great weekend of a great week. Everybody, see you in December, Happy Thanksgiving, well