Speaker 1: Yea ripped of.
Speaker 2: News, need advice? Who you don't help, We'll come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help. Come man Dix.
Speaker 3: He is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now Tom Martino, K Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. If you're streaming the show, welcome. We are here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, and if you're downloading at another time, call us at three oh three Martino at any time about anything, including problems we talk about today.
Speaker 1: You might be listening to three weeks later.
Speaker 4: Who knows We're available on the Errant khow khow by the way six three khow the iHeart Flagship in Denver, and then our affiliates and iHeart Radio app and YouTube and everywhere else you can find us. And I got the studio up and running right now. You can see taking up most of the less screen. There's Uncle Kevin and he's to the left, and then Deputy Doc Thank Goodness, is almost off screen completely. Then we have front and center Major Mark Major, and of course Lovely sues the producer over there sitting down well, my beautiful wife, you're referring to yes, yes, blessed you are. Now, what do we want to talk about today? About cars. I'm going to take your calls no matter what they're about. But today is car Day and we like to emphasize cars. And I do have some texts that I've saved, and this is one that goes back. What I mean by goes back is it's not the first time we've had this question. But somebody asked me this. They heard me talking about leasing a car for the first time. I because I don't put on that many miles and I'm pretty easy on cars now, and maybe I'm a candidate for a lease and I don't have to put out all that capitals. Somebody said, okay, Tom, what is if you had to pick it, I'm asking Mark, I'm asking Sues, I'm asking your car people and your deputies. Notice they left Shannon o't thank goodness because Shannon does no crap. But if you were to pick the best, if you were to pick the best all around car and you had to have one, now, you don't get to have a sports car. You don't get to have an SUV and a pickup. You have to have one all around vehicle. What would it be model X plaid all the way around if I couldn't have a sports car. Yeah, okay, model x pled. That's a good answer. Actually, you know, I haven't taken the electric plunge, but I plan on it. I mean, I just think it's the way to go. And there's so much less maintenance. I mean, I don't want to take business out of Kevin's pocket, but so much less business and now more sensors are not only telling me that I have low tires all the time and they change and I have to I have to hit okay, okay, okay, and it says call roadside no, you know, contact the service center or your car will be whatever disabled in so many miles.
Speaker 1: Now, now guess what.
Speaker 4: Now I'm getting one saying my brake pads are dangerously low, pull over and qualitat that funny it is, but you.
Speaker 5: Still get that with an EV just because you don't have an engine.
Speaker 1: Now hold on, I'm my brake pads at twenty nine.
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't really make Kevin disable his car if they didn't, if he didn't bring it to the dealership, does I swear to God he sent me or or make an alternate or make an alternate.
Speaker 5: Arrangement about heart cell Dad.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine like being at a restaurant, Like if you don't order off that menu, we're gonna kick you in the face.
Speaker 1: So here's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: We were talking about the best all around car, but well I got off on a tangent, and that is why are they telling me my breaks? Since my break pads are low, it breaks perfectly. I mean, you know I'm not pushing it, but could my brakes be that bad? They're pushing a censor at twenty nine thousand, So he's got that SUV Kevin, it's a heavier one X twenty three. I do you think it's even possible?
Speaker 5: You got to be pretty heavy on the pedal twenty six, That's.
Speaker 1: What I said. Twy I got vehicles with. I got Santa Fez with seventy eighty ninety.
Speaker 4: Thousand I've had in the past. YEP, never needed breaks BMW.
Speaker 5: The brakes are oversized already, so I mean they're compensated for the size of that car.
Speaker 6: So well, what are you going to do if you find out Tom that you have seventy five plus percent left on those brakes.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, I'm well. Kevin's gonna check it out. I just haven't had a chance to get over to him. I have so much.
Speaker 5: You know, the sensor itself a heat defective.
Speaker 1: You know, breaks are fine, know, I hate sensors. I decided, what did we do before sensors? Old school breaks? We had to look at our car.
Speaker 6: Not long ago, there was a little metal tab and then yeah, and then the tab would hit the rotor in boom, it's time to get pads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, old school, so things side great metal. Now my car did squeak a little At one time. I was hearing some squeaking and then it went away. I thought it was a dirty rotor or something. Yeah, it could be just road dirty, because that.
Speaker 1: Squeak be indicative of of the rotor of the pad.
Speaker 5: No, just a little hot spot and then it wore past. It's normal.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm really not heavy on breaks in cars anymore, like it used to be. Zero three seven, one three eight two five five. Okay, I decided what my ultimate car.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, let me say. Let me say something to everybody listening.
Speaker 6: I have driven with you many times, and granted lately I would agree with you what you said that you don't drive hard. But if we go down I'm like seven or eight years I remember driving to the springs with them one time.
Speaker 1: I was white knuckled the entire drive. But I will say I was that good. Hold on, explain this. I was that good. How come when you're in the Tahoe or what did you used to drive from Roly? What was that? The avalanche? The avalanche? The avalanche? Why would you drive like a sports car in that?
Speaker 6: But when you drove your Ferrari you would drive it twenty five miles per hour.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to ruin it.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy.
Speaker 7: Hey, tommy cell phone case. You and I drove up to Firestone four years ago. You drove like a gentleman.
Speaker 1: Oh god, good, thank you? Now?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we went up there because that was that cell phone tower all in the backyard.
Speaker 7: It was a real eye sare remember that?
Speaker 1: And and Weld County snuck it through Weld County.
Speaker 4: They're so corrupt. I hate Weld County people. I know she's not the people. I love the people.
Speaker 1: I hate the government people. You know the government procedures. The car dealers.
Speaker 4: Well County stinks. If they were going to give an enema to Colorado, it would be right up Well County, absolutely, Weld County would be the place.
Speaker 1: Hey, I can't.
Speaker 8: Believe Kevin hasn't come on and told my break pad story.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kevin tell the story quick, go ahead? Did she not know what a break well?
Speaker 4: No, there's no uh, there's no uh no uh vippa vehicle Uh information privacy like hippa, there's no vippa go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, we were just getting texts. What was that Sunday about somebody's had a break issue?
Speaker 1: My son?
Speaker 5: Yep? And then pads and roads and the costs and what they were trying to do, and it's you know, it was brutal. They were overcharging.
Speaker 1: Where does he live though, California.
Speaker 5: And Arizona, isn't he Yeah? She just hit the phone.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean things in California are gonna be way higher anyhow, right or Arizona maybe.
Speaker 1: Not Arizona, sun s Inarosona. So you couldn't do the job anyhow.
Speaker 5: No, but Colorado's getting there with prices.
Speaker 6: I liked when Kelly asked me they bought one of my Fanta face last year two years wires and she she literally texted me, do I have to buy Hondai tires? And I'm like, what the hell's a Hondai tire. Hondai doesn't make tires. And she didn't realize that tires weren't four tires Chevy tires exactly.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I have to defend myself here, defend away good defense.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call it Pamela for Kamala.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 1: She asked one day, go ahead ahead.
Speaker 8: I was ill informed. You know, Adam said to me, you know we have to look for tires and make sure that you know everything is is good on the BMW tires. So I I interpreted that as BMW tires. So when we bought the SUSA, uh got it? I thought, Santa fe.
Speaker 1: Or I should that defense? Is nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 10: That was like biting.
Speaker 1: There's nothing offending himself for the debate.
Speaker 4: Hey, I was surprised when I found out they had tires for electric vehicles EV tires.
Speaker 1: By the way, we have to take a break.
Speaker 4: But I remember Kelly one time when they said she needed break shoes on an older car. She wanted to know should I do the socks at the same time. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, if you need water systems, you will never find a better deal. I'm putting my name out there. I'm telling you you won't find a better deal. Reverse osmosis and full house conditioning and softening, get rid of chemicals, get rid of all the crap, all combined. I swear to God for thirty one ninety five you will never do better than that. And it's a Valentin Tymes day special waterproos dot at three ozo three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right three oh three seven one three three three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know, Mark, I know, I know I was asleep at the wheel. Go ahead, rub it in the Biden jokes.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, My got it any more? For my lawsuit?
Speaker 4: Hey, I want to I want to say something. Okay, take care.
Speaker 1: Already, but.
Speaker 4: I want to get Alan and then I have something to talk about. But three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now you don't have to call just about cars. But today's car day. Alan wants to talk about hybrids. Now, my personal opinion, I just want to say this upfront. I know people get tired of hearing my personal opinions, but here's what it is. I love electric cars and I love regular cars. I don't like hybrids. It's a very simple theory I have. If you're going to go through the trouble of an electric car and converting and doing the charging, then have an electric car. You have one system to maintain the electric system, right, and then of course the normal stuff. But you don't have tranees or any of that. Once you get over to a hybrid car, you have two systems to worry about.
Speaker 1: Now, all of the electric and all of the normal crap. Alan, what is your question?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so My question is about hybrid's not a plug in hybrid, but a regular hybrid. And there's any degradation of the battery life. For someone uses a car on low miling, like three or four thousand miles a year, that's going to affect how the charging system works and how the battery maintains charge.
Speaker 4: You know, it used to be when you topped off batteries and used just a little, it did have a degradation.
Speaker 1: But what do you think, keV?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, it's not near as what it was even ten years ago. But now I think it will affect it a little, but not to the extent that he's afraid of.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 4: Mark will tell you this. Mark will tell you this. I have a Tesla only because it's my son's right, it's not mine. But Mark, my son says when he knows he's not driving a lot, he doesn't charge it up every single night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's fine. I mean a lot of people do it that way.
Speaker 4: No, because he said he only charges when he gets below sixty percent.
Speaker 1: How do you feel that?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 6: I kind of used to plugging it in, so I'm always at eighty percent, I mean always at eight.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't hurt anything doing that. Mark, what your son's doing? No, because I'm sure he's charging it like at least once.
Speaker 1: A week, right, Yeah, he's not letting it go over of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I don't think that's a problem at all. Can you set chargers, Mark? Can you set chargers to only go on and off at certain times? There's chargers you can buy that do that the Tesla. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I'd be shocked if they don't have that in the app, and they might have it in the app. Well, you can set it. You can set it for how high it goes, whether it charges to eighty ninety or olia write that on the fly.
Speaker 6: Yet the only time you charge at Tesla outside of eighty is if you're going on a long trip.
Speaker 4: Now, Alan, here's what I want to ask you. Just on an aside and listen, you're only gonna basically AI overview is yeah. Absolutely, a hybrid car is not driven regularly. It's bad sat ory can eventually die due to a process right self discharge. Right Now, here's what I'm asking you, Allan, why wouldn't you go with a straight EV if you're only going to do a few thousand a year.
Speaker 1: Why do you want a hybrid?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm asking you about specifically a non plug in hybride.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 1: I don't want to write and I'm wondering why. What is your reasoning? I'm just curious what is your reasoning on that?
Speaker 11: Because I'm a long trips when I drives the vehicle, so do why?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 1: My models has no problem, brother, no problem at all.
Speaker 11: How long are you charging that? A stop?
Speaker 1: I'd say, if I.
Speaker 6: Go from here to Omaha, I'm going to give you one that's somewhat of what we've done.
Speaker 14: What is that?
Speaker 1: Eight hours? Seven hours? I forget?
Speaker 6: We stop three times each time, we charge for about seven minutes.
Speaker 1: That's it?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The superchargers. Now, remember if you buy a different car that you can't supercharge. That's why I tell you, Tom, you want a Tesla right now? I don't care. I know there's a million other ones out there. Doc loves his, but his Hondi and I love Hondai.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 1: But the only thing that.
Speaker 6: Supercharge is that fast is a Tesla. The only thing that has full self driving is a Tesla. No other electric has that stuff.
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 4: Okay, so Alan again, is there a reason you would not go full electric, Well, I'm just in.
Speaker 11: Favor of the Toyota Grand Highlanders that are coming out. That's kind of what.
Speaker 4: I'm Oh, they're beautiful, They're beautiful, beautiful vehicles.
Speaker 1: It's hard to go on.
Speaker 4: What about just stay resales always there or what about staying with just a good gasoline car?
Speaker 1: Have you thought of that.
Speaker 11: Thought? The difference between gas or a hybrid? Yeah, I mean, but so the battery.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm surprised Tesla never went for a hybrid of some kind in any joke.
Speaker 1: I don't like hybrids at all. We had a little Sonata that was a hybrid. What is the best hybrid? What is the best hybrid?
Speaker 5: Probably the most popular is the pre well, the Prius, Yeah, by far, Toyota yep.
Speaker 15: Is What a difference between a hybrid and a plug in hybrid?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: One gets like forty to fifty miles without the engine kicking on.
Speaker 1: The other gets like maybe.
Speaker 5: Five and the other one charges as you're driving. Yeah, that's the that's the biggest advantage. But if you don't have a plug like apartment living or something like that, A lot of people go for the hybrids because you can't plug it in it night.
Speaker 4: Okay, if I didn't have somebody else, tell me what is what are the new genesis they call electrified GV seventies What are they?
Speaker 1: Are they electric? Or are they hybrid? Or are they electric? Wow? Are you they're beautiful? Yeah? We have a GV eighty and we love it, but it's gas.
Speaker 5: That's got a mark.
Speaker 1: Here have you looked at the GV seventy electric?
Speaker 6: Here's where we go again. First of all, to me, i'd never get it. It doesn't have self driving. But more importantly, it's only got a range of two hundred and thirty six.
Speaker 4: That trip I was talking about that we took three stops five to seven minutes. You'd be talking probably six seven stops, and you'd be there for fifteen.
Speaker 6: To twenty five minutes a time. I mean, you would add four hours onto your journey.
Speaker 4: May I ask something? You keep talking about this the full drive whatever? Why is that so important to you? Because I use it all the time? Man, I use it this morn Well, Well tell me tell me what you mean by that. Okay, you're coming to the station from home.
Speaker 1: When I drive you out, I'm in my driveway.
Speaker 4: I put in work, and I hit a button on my steering wheel and I take my hands off the wheel and I tune into Fox News. And when we get to work, it parks my car in the circle. And then I come in to work, Mark, come on you wait wait, wait, When you come up to a stop sign, what does it do?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: Stops when you.
Speaker 4: Don't have to do It comes to a circle, It goes in a circle. It knows everything. Are you kidding me, Susan? What about alight?
Speaker 1: Tom? No, listen, here's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: Wait, okay, when you're at a stop light, we just came back last your name from Woodland Park. We were up in Woodland Park, up by you know, past Colorado Springs.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't matter where you're at. You just put in wherever you're going and it drives you there. But does it stop it?
Speaker 4: Okay if it stops at a stop light and then you want to go straight, but some guy's pulling in front of you making a left turn doesn't know enough to yield.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It sees the cars everywhere, man, So you probably haven't been in your son's when you had the FSD. But it's pretty crazy. So instead of seeing just a few cars or people in your little dash. You see, like if there's twelve lanes of traffic, you'll see twelve lanes of traffic, and it sees much much, much further, so it knows everything coming.
Speaker 4: If you're coming up to a collision here and it's got to hit a nun or a collie or a girl scout?
Speaker 1: Yes, who does it hit? Those expensive cookie people?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 1: You know, didn't they say so? Anyway?
Speaker 4: I digress, but they say that they literally have to plug some morality into it as to who they hit.
Speaker 6: We have deer everywhere in our neighborhood, as you know, and you see the deer, you see people, you see whatever it is, man, it's pretty lay.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 4: Compass Insurance Group is doing the free insurance checkups. Check to see if you're paying too much, if you're over insured, under insured. It's all free. Three oh three, nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I just heard someone using my name Mark was pretending to be me. Of course, I don't know why, what dastardly deed he's up to, But I have a story to tell and I don't even understand it, and maybe people can figure it out.
Speaker 1: I hate door locks. I hate keys. I lose keys.
Speaker 4: Or what's worse than losing a key is I have a key ring with keys, I have no idea where they go. Now, I've been carrying them for years, and I look at them and say, what's this key for?
Speaker 1: And I try everything. The only way the only way you'll.
Speaker 4: Ever find out what that key is for is if you throw it away, and then sure is crap you'll need it. But I'm done with keys, right. I would like a car with a keyless entry. You know, Oh, I have the key fob, right, But I'm talking about like with the combination. Anyway, on my hangar, I have a combination lock. And by the way, if you want to know what the number is is, I'm very I know people expect one, two, three, four five.
Speaker 1: No, I don't do that.
Speaker 4: I do five four three two one to trick them. So anyway, I bought a new lock from my front door, and it's made in China. I realize that.
Speaker 1: I just I looked at it. It's so cool.
Speaker 4: It takes a fingerprint or a code, and it wants to go to your WiFi in your house.
Speaker 1: It's a smart lock, but it's made in China.
Speaker 4: Well, Dmitri, who I think is a little more paranoid than the average person, he calls it more sensible and more aware. He says, Tom, you wouldn't believe what certain smart devices want to know. And I said, Dimitri, I have to admit my lock that I'm installing is made in China.
Speaker 1: What do you think? He says, I won't use it?
Speaker 4: And I said, Dimitri, I was gonna program it because he comes here every morning, and I was going to program it for your fingerprint. He said, I won't put my fingerprint on that. He said, they're going to keep it, They're going to do something with it. And I said, you really believe that the Chinese are gonna through the internet take my data off that lock and use it.
Speaker 1: He says absolutely. Now I look further.
Speaker 4: Into that lock and I don't want to say OMG, but OMG. I looked at the small print Mark. Why would a front door lock listen to this want access to all of your photos, your contacts?
Speaker 1: Why to have the data? Why does that's exactly? Why just to have the data they want? Now, this is a lot on your front door, that's every app you have.
Speaker 4: Why is everyone collecting everything?
Speaker 1: Because they want to know about us, to know what we buy and had to pitch to us. Do you okay? So you think it's for commercial reasons, not nefarious reasons.
Speaker 6: Well, of course, I mean Shlade is not going to try any d break into your house from them.
Speaker 1: What do you think the play is d Oh, well.
Speaker 17: That's pretty easy. I think it's more nefarious than what Mark says. What do you think a black company is going to market to you. But you know, the Chinese have a long and sordid history of blackmail. And if they feel that they can benefit by accessing somebody's photos and looking for illegal images.
Speaker 1: That you know, illegal images? What do you have on your phone?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't illegal images.
Speaker 17: But you you periodically hear about these scandals exploding about it.
Speaker 4: Do you think that the Chinese would look and if they see something crazy, they might reach out or they might have somebody blackmail that person.
Speaker 17: If they feel that you are becoming a threat to them, or if they feel like you're about to become a valuable asset to them, they will reach out to you and they'll share these images with you, and they'll threaten to send them to the US Attorney's office unless you do their bidding.
Speaker 1: What else do you think they want? Why do they want my contacts?
Speaker 15: I want you to give me one example of that ever happening.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't know if it happened. How would you know if.
Speaker 4: Someone blackmails someone, you don't know where they got the information.
Speaker 17: Well, also, the blackmailing victim has an incentive to remain mom because he or she is not going to admit that the Chinese have let me ask.
Speaker 1: Porn that they downloaded from your network.
Speaker 4: Doc Let me ask you something, Bro, tell me tell me. And I don't know I'm asking. I'm truly asking you.
Speaker 1: So I want to know. What do you think the reason is for them collecting all that information?
Speaker 15: Target marketing?
Speaker 1: You think it's all commercial?
Speaker 4: I I do, I do?
Speaker 1: So tell me this. Why do they want to know all of my contacts? And what else?
Speaker 5: I say?
Speaker 1: They want to.
Speaker 6: They want information every app you have? Tell me one app you have that doesn't app for that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 17: Mark, you know a few months ago I downloaded a new flashlight application to my cell phone and it requested access to my contact Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's right, Mark is saying. That's what Mark's saying.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 17: I was here a few weeks ago to help Tom set up his new television set, and it's a big LG machine and it wanted to know Tom's birth date.
Speaker 1: When we first turned, I got I swear to god, did you guys just crawl out of nineteen seventy?
Speaker 4: Now, Mark, this is called having a discussion. Now you see if the radio show and I assume guys, body, it's not just so, this would be marketing the radio show. Everything collects everything. End of discussion.
Speaker 1: Let's move on. I mean, what I'm saying is it's called a discussion.
Speaker 4: I'm marveling at it, and I'm wondering out loud why And I'm hoping the only.
Speaker 1: Thing I'm saying is you're you're just saying this one particular app. I'm like one app. It's no.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not No, I'm not, of course, Mark, and I'm not. I'm not saying it's not every single app. What I'm asking is.
Speaker 1: Why to market? And I'm curious why.
Speaker 4: Okay, is target marketing that important that they I mean, maybe it is.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love target marketing.
Speaker 6: I do because I don't want tampon commercials coming over while I'm watching YouTube.
Speaker 1: Least, I don't mind target marketing.
Speaker 4: There are Mark, there are many times that I was looking at something and I had forgotten I've been looking at it and it comes back up again. No, I don't mind target marketing. But but, but but do you believe that's the only.
Speaker 1: Reason they're collecting data. Doc seems to think. Doc doesn't have a paranoid bonus body.
Speaker 4: He'll give him, he'll give him his fingerprints, he'll give him everything in the world.
Speaker 1: I won't, but I I don't know why I won't. I just don't. It's all target marketing.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm not saying there's not nefarious apps out there, guys that do steal your stuff.
Speaker 1: I know China does that stuff.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying main apps from companies we've heard of, uh, you know, Walmart, slade Locks. I mean, we've got a punch k shlade Lock. I mean, yeah, they it's target marketing.
Speaker 6: They want your contacts because then they know they're friends of yours, but they tho friends of.
Speaker 1: Yours, they can start sending out target marketing to They make.
Speaker 5: Money from the context by selling them to others market where.
Speaker 1: They sell your data to another company. Yes, okay, Mark uh is saying that's only part of it.
Speaker 17: Part of it there is just because and we do agree that they use this material primarily for target marketing. However, that does not preclude the possibility of the chicoms agree using your data for nefarious purposes.
Speaker 4: The only thing I say, shy Colm, the only thing I would argue with that is they have broken into our Social security administration. They already have all the data they need, and they already have all the data they need from TikTok. That's right, Okay, I got to feed the beast anymore, Well, we got to take a break. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Does anyone think, no matter what, they will.
Speaker 1: Ever have privacy?
Speaker 4: By the way, Genesis, I want to remind you seven hundred ninety five dollars for two days of painting labor or no, excuse me two I'm sorry, two painters for a day to do anything you need, plus the paint seven hundred ninety five bucks.
Speaker 1: Genesis, totalexteriors dot com.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paint too much your coverage? We had dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three O three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm just gonna give it anyway, Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: We were going to get a Corvette one time and share it with somebody chickened out.
Speaker 1: We would have had that boy good who's going to be the first mid engine remember? Yeah, but you chickened out?
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, I bought a Tesla Beyond, I bought a real car.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But but Mark, we were going to own the other one for fun together, I know. But I had a friend then, Jared. What's happening, man?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 19: Hi, so kind of a long story.
Speaker 14: I've condensed it.
Speaker 19: Can you hear me?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: I can go ahead, sir.
Speaker 19: Okay, So, my wife filed for FMLA back in January of twenty three. The job that she was in at the time had basically weekly deadlines. She was able to do she'd been doing it for years.
Speaker 1: Do you have to have a reason for FMLA or do they just let you do it?
Speaker 16: No, you have to have a reason.
Speaker 19: She filed for depression and anxiety issues. So she was going going to outpatient therapy and therapy counseling and things like that. Okay, so, yes, it was going to be like a once or twice a week thing. So once she filed to do it, she was going to be able to keep up with her work that she was already doing. I believe, literally the day after she filed.
Speaker 1: Me, may I ask you something?
Speaker 4: I'm not familiar with the brand new FMLA, and I know Kevin is because he's an employer, But may I just ask this? Kevin is FMLA for medical stuff and for personal stuff? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, if you have a baby, the father can actually have leave for bonding purpose. Okay, thanks, Yeah, but if.
Speaker 4: You are going through anxiety and depression and want and you want to take a break and have the treatment, that would qualify, right, yes, absolutely, Okay, then during this time and now I'm asking Jared because I just don't know the rules.
Speaker 1: Are you supposed to get paid, jareditors without pay?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 19: I believe it's supposed to be without pay.
Speaker 1: Okay, got paid?
Speaker 19: If that's the case.
Speaker 5: Colorado, correct Colorado?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are two, So keep going, Jared. What happened?
Speaker 19: What happened twenty thirty or twenty three?
Speaker 16: In January?
Speaker 19: They transferred her into a new job the day after she filed for FMLA.
Speaker 1: The new job do you think they did that as on purpose?
Speaker 19: I think they did it intentionally when you hear the rest of the story. For the last two years, they were definitely trying to set her up.
Speaker 1: So set her up for why.
Speaker 19: To fire her because she got new bosses. They reorganized her office and got new bosses.
Speaker 4: Mark, I mean, Kevin, are you allowed to fire people if you can't do without them?
Speaker 5: Not on the Colorado and No and back. You're required to keep maintain their job, opening for it only if it's over.
Speaker 1: Is this a big company?
Speaker 5: Well, it's over five employees or ten employees.
Speaker 6: I thought, if you I had to have back in my day when I had like forty nine employees, if I went over fifty, I'd have to follow a lot of these rules.
Speaker 1: But under fifty idea Colorado's Kay Jared, Jared, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Are you saying that if they're indispensable, they're allowed to be to fill the job and fire them.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 19: No, they just transferred her into a new job. They said, nope, this is going to be your.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I'm I'm getting at. That's what I'm getting at. What's why did they transfer her into a new job.
Speaker 19: I don't know, to be honest with you, I don't have that answer.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm gonna come back to you and we'll figure it out. I'm Tom Martino. Could it be a violation, maybe an issue. Maybe we're gonna deal with that and more coming up. Our number is three oh three, seven to one three talk, or you can call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six ' six. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yea ripped of.
Speaker 7: News.
Speaker 2: You need advice? Who you don't have?
Speaker 13: Come running just as as can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: You're Troubleshooter three o three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey, today is car Day, people, and we've been talking about cars and all kinds of different cars, and with the best all around car, I don't think there is one. I think it in a perfect life you need to pick up an suv and a sports car. That would be a perfect life. But listen, here's the deal. There is going to be an E ray, a Corvette E Ray. And and here's what I don't understand. They're bragging about it. And the reason I don't understand the bragging about it is here's why mark to one hundred and six starting at one hundred and six, nine hundred bucks. And here's what they say. I want to know, what is the Tesla zero to sixty? The plaid one nine? Okay, this is two point five? Yeah, two point five. You could have a salad waiting for that, what would now? And an appetizer now?
Speaker 1: Now? The horsepower six fifty five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tesla is like one thousand and sixty. Yeah, but that's true. And I just want to say something. There is a little more to it than raw horsepower. There's weight to horsepower ratios. But I imagine Tesla's as light as a as light as a corvette.
Speaker 1: Anyway, But okay, what is the quarter mile?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Let me look, I don't know Tesla plaid quarter hold on? What is it on that?
Speaker 4: Here's what the here's what the Corvette is the e Ray ten point five seconds? Uh?
Speaker 1: This one, well, this one is eight point five.
Speaker 4: Eight point five, so eight point five by that time. Well, also you can time it by by mark. Uh but I'm I'm not going to get into that detail. But yeah, Mark's about good for eight seconds and.
Speaker 1: Then so you'll figure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you figure, you figure the the Corvette's ten point five on a quarter mile. You can knit a sweater, so I don't I don't understand. But anyway, let's go back to the phone.
Speaker 1: Share hold on one second. I want to say this man, the roadsure that's.
Speaker 6: Coming out, they're talking under one second, zero to sixty. What blows me away by that is the Lamborghini that's coming out and all these other top end ones they can't even touch.
Speaker 1: That isn't that amazing?
Speaker 4: But do you think it's true? I mean under one second that sounds like a crowd rocket.
Speaker 6: I don't know what they're now. I don't even think there's motorcycles. I mean there might be those Jennis or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know those crotch rockets will beat a car every time. There's nothing faster.
Speaker 5: He thinks, I'm gonna look that up.
Speaker 1: That's curious. I think they are. Hey, So here's the deal, Jared.
Speaker 4: You started to tell us your wife applied for FMLA, which is a family leave to go to get some therapy and treatment, and then they switched her to a new position the day after. Now I'm not sure what you're why you even told us that, and how that plays into it.
Speaker 1: So finish your story.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 19: So that's that's just the precursor to the story basically, because the rest of the story comes from there. So the original job she was in had weekly duty that had to be done by the end of the week. She knew how to do it was able to complete it.
Speaker 14: The new job they.
Speaker 19: Switched her into required daily contact and customer interactions and had daily deadlines, which there was no way she was ever going to be able to meet because she wasn't going to be there one to two days a week at work.
Speaker 4: On top of that, But Jared, this is where I'm confused. This is where I'm confused. The whole idea of a family leave is you're gone. So what difference does it make if there were five minute updates, one day.
Speaker 1: Updates, or weekly updates. If you're gone, you're gone.
Speaker 4: Are you telling me that with this company, when you're on family leave, you still have to work.
Speaker 19: That's essentially what they were saying. So after two years of this, my wife finally went into mediation with the government and the media.
Speaker 1: I don't know, okay, Kevin helped me out here. And there's a hold on man, this is Jared hold on family Leave Act. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 4: You leave work, you don't work part time, you don't so Kevin, what is he talking about?
Speaker 1: You leave but you still work.
Speaker 5: He's talking on a federal level. I'm not sure because I'm only familiar with the colors noun.
Speaker 1: I looked it up. There is no way federal family leave where you.
Speaker 5: Work, Shunk.
Speaker 19: You don't have to take it in a block, Shunk. You can take FMLA. And she said, I'm going to every Wednesday. I have doctors and counselors and whatever appointments. So every wed I'm going, Oh, use my SMLA. So one day, oh week me.
Speaker 4: You can actually spot check FMLA. You can take a couple of days every week for FMLA correct up.
Speaker 19: To twelve weeks a year.
Speaker 9: I didn't know that that would be so disruptively a company twelve weeks off or it works where you can take individual days here and there.
Speaker 1: That's horrible. I just think it back when I was running a company.
Speaker 6: My god, if I had like someone at the front counter that wanted to take off Monday.
Speaker 1: And Friday, it would complete. I'd get him another job too.
Speaker 15: Let's hear the end of the story.
Speaker 20: I don't even know what's going on the job that she was in.
Speaker 1: She was able to, you know, Doc, Jocky Doc. Of course we're gonna hear the end of the story.
Speaker 4: But whether you like it or not, Doc, there are there is information he's giving that did not make sense. And that's why I'm comparing it. And I'm not gonna wait till the end of the story to clarify things, because that's not how people think. After doing the show for forty five years, people think day by day, minute by minute, one two, three four. They don't go one, two, three, four, five six, and then we go back to one. So what I try to do is get the story in order when they say it. If you want to do it another way, have fun. Now listen, here's what I need to know.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: They she put in for family leave to have one day a week off or two days.
Speaker 21: It.
Speaker 19: At first it was one and then eventually her parents moved in with us.
Speaker 18: They got six, so she was taking.
Speaker 19: Medical lead to take care of her parents right before they died, as well as using the FMLA, and it was one to two days. There were times where she was out a week. I totally agree with you. I run a business myself and some of the laws that have put in place are not set up for employers.
Speaker 4: But guess what, she's allowed to do it. According to the fine trendity, she's allowed to do it. She's allowed to schedule one or two days a week to use up her time. She can schedule one day every other week. By the way, it does not require point employer approval it okay. And it can even be unplanned if something comes up that is health related.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So really basically what they're saying is the worker can do anything they want.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Almost, Well, then how did she get fired?
Speaker 19: She's not fired yet they're in the process. They've been documenting her and writing her up to fire her basically, which has caused I mean, she had to be hospitalized in April of this year for mental health issues. She was hospitalized for almost a week, got out of the hospital, wasn't able to work on Monday, went back to work on Tuesday. They expected her to get everything caught up for when she was out on medical leaves and FMLA stuff. She was able to get it caught up, so they came back and wrote her up for work she wasn't able to complete on time in April. They wrote her up in September for that. Yeah, I mean, there's just there's a myriad of things like that. After she went through mediation this November with the government. In the mediation, even though her boss knows she's been out for you know, dealing with stress and anxiety to depths in the family within six hours of each other of her parents, he sat there in the mediation and just said, well, I think Linda can get the work done.
Speaker 14: She's just not motivated.
Speaker 19: If Linda was motivated, she'd be able.
Speaker 4: To do this.
Speaker 19: So they think she's Jared.
Speaker 4: Jared according to the law they can take intermittent family leave, but they must be able to fulfill the requirements of the position or they can change the position.
Speaker 19: Now agains ask for a position change and they won't change her.
Speaker 1: So what do they say. Do they say they're going to terminate her or they're.
Speaker 19: Going to do what half they're on they're looking to you.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not sure. I'm really not sure they can do that, but I think they can. I think. I mean, I don't know, because what there's you know what I wonder? So as soon if we have an attorney quick? Yes?
Speaker 12: When?
Speaker 4: When?
Speaker 19: So she went through this thing with the mediator. So with her boss, she does work for the federal government, So with her boss, mediators from the federal government. They sat there and had this meeting in November, their first meeting several a week or so later after she met with her boss. After she had that meeting, the first meeting she has with her boss, the first thing out of his mouth to her was, Okay, Linda, so moving forward, any work that comes in while you're out on your SMLA time you're not going to be responsible for. And we're gonna make sure all that's taken care of and done. You just have to take care of the stuff for the days that you are here in the office.
Speaker 1: You're you're not gonna want to hear the next thing.
Speaker 4: When you said she works for the federal government, listen carefully, really carefully.
Speaker 1: F m LA coverage for federal employees does not.
Speaker 4: Include intermittent leave spread out over a period of time. Intermittent leave is not allowed unless specifically granted.
Speaker 1: They must be.
Speaker 4: Able to do if it works continuously. Oh but did you just hear me and monitored for job performance. So here's what they're doing. Man, they're saying, yeah, you can take care to your minting time off, but only if you get the job done. Okay, that's what they're saying now. So it really comes down to this. Here's what it comes down to. They're saying, she's not getting it done. You're saying she is. Hold on, I got to take a break and we'll find out. Three O three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 1: Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven to one three talks seven one three A two five five. So right now, I don't think there's anything Jared can do because it's coming down to the question can she do the work or not? It has nothing to do with the execution of the FMLA. According to federal law, they're doing everything correctly. They approved her, they didn't have to that. Now they're saying, however, she's not doing the work. Jared, I don't know what else to tell you, man. Do they have an appeals process? You're going what are you going through right now?
Speaker 1: A review?
Speaker 19: Actually, right now she's still going. She's yes, going through some sort of reviews. She's still looking to try and get transferred. I was just really looking for I looked on your on your website and didn't see anybody that any attorneys that might you know.
Speaker 4: You know what, though I do have somebody you can call, or I do have somebody you can call. I don't know if they're on the referral list still or not. His name is Pete McGuire. Is he still Are they still up there? Sullivan, Sulimon and McGuire. I don't even know if they're still up there. They've been with us for years.
Speaker 6: If it has been on the listeners, one of them passed away, if I recall, right, right.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, that's right, and then they slowed down quite a bit.
Speaker 4: But Pete is really good at federal employment stuff, including unemployment and workers comp and all of that. I would call Pete McGuire three oh three, shoot oh man, I used to memorize that number. Sullivan, Sullivan and McGuire. I don't even know if Pete. Pete might not even be practicing anymore.
Speaker 1: I think he is, Yeah, I think he is. And Tomatos show in the last couple months. I think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's the it's three oh three six nine one nine eight six eight Jared three oh three six nine one nine eight six eight, Thank you man. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Tim, what's going on with you.
Speaker 1: Tim.
Speaker 22: Welcome, Hey Tom, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Good man? What's going on?
Speaker 22: I have a twenty sixteen dodge Ram twenty five hundred trying to get the backup camera to work. Looked at a few videos. They tell you to take the wiring harness off and spray the connections, put some grease in there. Tried, that didn't work. I replaced the small wiring harness to the camera and the automatic hellgate lock. That did not work. Someone said it's the radio. When it comes up on the radio, it says camera system unavailable as a black screen, So I just say radio in it. It still doesn't work. Any ideas?
Speaker 4: Hey, Tim, I want to ask you something. How did it go out? Was it just not working one day?
Speaker 14: Just not working one day, just one.
Speaker 1: Day not working? Okay?
Speaker 4: When it was working right up to the point it did not work, was it blurry or any other any glitches at all?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay? What do you think, Kevin?
Speaker 5: Well? Any kind of work done? Any body work? Any accidents anything at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 22: No, it's been a great truck.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, because there's I mean, they do have harness problems.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: That short harness you replaced is very common that would have been the first thing.
Speaker 1: But you also sounds like he did everything well.
Speaker 5: You also have the harness for the haven tom where the tailgate pivot there.
Speaker 22: Yeah, there's another harness. It's a longer harness that goes in to the tailgate and then goes into the bed exactly. And I was saying about replacing that, and then someone said.
Speaker 1: Now what about the cam itself? Yeah, what about the camera?
Speaker 22: My next that's my next step. It's four hundred and twenty five dollars, which, hey, if it works, that's fine, but I didn't really want to buy it unless I know I got a ninety chance of it working.
Speaker 1: Well, you just get one with a ram truck that we could swap the camera and see.
Speaker 5: But you can check for powers and grounds without you know, swapping all the parts because that's getting expensive. Uh, you know there should be wiring diagrams are pretty easy to find on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Could it be something something as simple as the ground.
Speaker 5: Yes, very very likely.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 22: That's why I said, you could a locking tailgate on it and it works fine with the fob, so I think it would, and it goes into the same harness.
Speaker 5: But any harness that moves like in the door jams or the tailgates or anything is prone to breaking or separating. That's why you need to just physically trace that down. You could just use an own meter on each end of the plug and check very simply. This is a ten dollars oh meter that you have continuity in that harness. That's where I would start is in that longer harness from the tailgate to the bed.
Speaker 22: Right, So maybe make the camera your last resort.
Speaker 5: Yes, yep, right, because it's not seeing a signal, that's why it's getting the message.
Speaker 22: And that's what I thought that, you know, so that's why he started with the harness. Sure, but you know all the other wires go through the harnesses working the tailgate right, all the locking tailgate.
Speaker 1: But it does.
Speaker 5: They're not all the same though, I mean there is part some work with some work, you know, some are separate. So but again, anytime a harness moves and bends like in the tailgate is where they're prone to break.
Speaker 22: Yeah, all right, I'll try to longer harness.
Speaker 5: And like I said, just use an ometer, just check the continuity from one end to the other.
Speaker 4: Well, let's put it this way. After you do that the only thing left is the camera pretty much.
Speaker 22: Yeah exactly, I mean, I mean, you know green ninety five.
Speaker 1: Hey, how important is that back up to you?
Speaker 22: It is because I have a topper on it, and when you're backing up, it's hard to see, you know.
Speaker 4: I have I have learned to depend on these things and it's amazing to me how much you miss them when they're not there. There's something else I wanted to talk about, called the invisible trailer, and I'm going to do that coming up because this brings it up, and oh my gosh, when you hear about this, it's incredible. The Invisible trailer. I think you can look it up online. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight. Heating dot Com specializes in high efficiency replacements. Then that doesn't mean that's all they're going to do, but if you want a deep clean forty five bucks, if you need a replacement, they guarantee you the lowest prices for high efficiency systems.
Speaker 1: Three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: He's got me all screwed up.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Seriously, now, we got a lot to talk about, and I talked about the invisible trailer.
Speaker 1: But I'll take callers first. But uh, but you gotta look it up.
Speaker 4: Okay, specifically, I think it's called the Yukon Trailer Camera Transparent.
Speaker 1: Oh wait wait, the.
Speaker 4: Yukon might be the vehicles on there, but it's a transparent. It makes your trailer transparent with virtual views. It is the most incredible thing anyway.
Speaker 1: So who's next?
Speaker 4: Dan Your twenty fourteen Dodge pickup with an oil leak?
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds completely normal to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 23: What happened is I was driving home and as it as I exited the highway, this is done Tuesday, I headed down since then it's spring an oil leak. I didn't know it, but the low oil pressure came on. I got off the highway I had parked it and looked underneath and it was draining oil. And there's a big line of on the street leading to.
Speaker 18: And I saw it run as.
Speaker 23: Ipeak running out. The oil appeared to be leaking from right above the oil pan in a stream down. Any any idea what what the problem?
Speaker 1: Might be?
Speaker 23: A major minor or Kevin, Yeah, it could be the oil cooler.
Speaker 5: It's there, I mean a couple of things. Is it Once you shut it off, obviously it stopped leaking.
Speaker 23: It didn't immediately stop leaking.
Speaker 5: Right, but yes, you got an oil center and an oil cooler and everything on the right above the oil pan. It could be anything there.
Speaker 4: Hey, Dan, how did it just suddenly happen? What was the last thing that happened? Like, did you have a change anything different?
Speaker 1: An oil change?
Speaker 5: Did you go over a bump?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 23: No, nothing different. It had been running fine up to that point and had any signal of any problem like that. It just happened all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: What do you think, keV? What it could be? Anything?
Speaker 5: Like you said, it be a lot what engines?
Speaker 23: Isn't that it's the three point zero leader Eco Eco Eco boosts.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of coolers and a couple of cenders right there. You gotta be you know, it's just gonna have to be checked. I mean there's there's Like I said, I can think about four or five different things in summer, you know, fairly minor not a big deal.
Speaker 23: You have a recommendation or I might be able to take it.
Speaker 5: I live Broomfield, Broomfield, Yeah, take it to him either yeah, Sharton Auto Tech or hands is up there too?
Speaker 1: Oh hands on Auto Tech?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, he's up there.
Speaker 23: You work on those eco boost ones?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, so does.
Speaker 1: So does a hands on auto You know it's Tom. He's a good guy.
Speaker 14: Many Where are you're located at?
Speaker 5: I'm a Colfax and Wadsworths in Lakewood? Okay?
Speaker 23: And where's hands at? I mean which one is closer?
Speaker 1: I think hands is in hands On?
Speaker 5: Hands On? This most likely? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it Loveland?
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, long Mon Yeah, Long Area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me see it's let's just if you go to the referral list, it'll have everything on there. But I think that, you know, and I think not that this matters much, but I think Tom is better looking than Kevin.
Speaker 1: But you know, who cares.
Speaker 4: Anyway, listen, man, hands on is a goot. They're good people and I think I have their address here it is. It's fifteen sixty six Vista you drive.
Speaker 1: And it's in Longmont.
Speaker 23: Okay, I know where that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, fifteen sixty six Vista, you drive.
Speaker 23: I'll give them a callum through what they have to say.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Yeah, thank you man.
Speaker 4: Their phone number, by the way is seven two zero three four zero four zero two.
Speaker 23: Four three four zero four zero two four.
Speaker 4: Yep, our four zero two four four zero two four And make sure he gets that Katina three O three seven one three eight two five five. You know.
Speaker 1: Man. So, so this invisible trailer, did.
Speaker 4: You guys look it up since I've been talking about it. Yeah, I must have two cameras. It must have one on the back of the fifth wheel. It's incredible. Yeah, it kind of it's like a virtual invisibility. So what it does is yeah, so so no matter what trailer you have behind you. I'm talking about a solid trailer, not like a flatbed. So it looks like you don't have a trailer, but you see the outline of the trailer for safety, but it looks like it's invisible, you know, like a wonder Woman's jet.
Speaker 1: So so what you do? And I don't know how it does it? But there are all kinds of virtual views.
Speaker 4: Mark, You're tesla has a virtual view that looks like you have damn near a camera in a in a drone.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know, it's a amazing how they can synthesize images based on other cameras. And do you think there will be a time when all technologies are going to be basically you know you know what I'm saying, like, well, all cars eventually have these and will we be able.
Speaker 1: To like in his car?
Speaker 4: I know this because my son somebody tpeed his car right Mark, he was able to back up video and see who did it. Yeah, it records it. It's a century event. That's pretty cool. Now this was a good humor.
Speaker 1: I mean it wasn't.
Speaker 4: They weren't trying to destroy his car, but they tpeed it. So or toilet papered it, and so it was fun. He was able to see it. So can you Mark, look at any event, I mean, if your car's parked at iHeart there, like, could you see, for example, if someone like me crayoned it.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you don't even got to touch it. If they even walk by it or get to it, it creates a century event. And then you just hit the button and watch it.
Speaker 1: On the screen. Does it keep it in a loop? Yeah, so eventually it's gone absolutely. Okay.
Speaker 4: Wow, that would have helped me years ago when I had an idiot, I don't want to mention his name, hired people to wrap my avalanche. It wasn't you, Mark, by the way, I know a lot of people as soon as I said idiot thought that.
Speaker 1: But you know it was somebody else.
Speaker 4: You're just pushing it. You're pushing, you're poking the bear. It was someone else I worked with. I just didn't want him to think it was you. It was someone else I worked Did you remember that, Mark, when they wrapped my avalanche?
Speaker 1: I heard about it later on and I heard you were very unhappy. Well not on the radio. I made it fun fun.
Speaker 4: But here's what I was unhappy about it was kind of suggestive about a woman or something in big boobs or something like that.
Speaker 1: I remember it.
Speaker 6: Come on, I remember one day though you here, you started the show. This is back when you were in studio, and it happened to be April Fool's Day. And even though your wife told you a million times, don't let him get you again, he gets you every year.
Speaker 4: I know. I had you convinced your car was stolen and you were on with line. You really did, Mark, Mark, You really did. I swear to god, I was never but what I never know what's really But here's what was really strange. Why normally I wouldn't check my car till the end of the show, but for some reason.
Speaker 1: I had to go down and get some meds or something. Remember that, Yeah, you had like normally, how did.
Speaker 4: You expect when you did that joke, which was brilliant? Did you think I was going to discover it at the end of the show. How were you Because I walk out of the building together and I figured it. At first you would go, oh, I must have.
Speaker 6: Parked somewhere else, But then eventually you would figure out your car was nowhere to be found. But what happened was about ten minutes into the show, you had to run down to your car for something, and I had already moved it, and I'm going, oh, my goodness. So when you run down, of course I'm doing the show, so I'm doing the show, so I'm not seeing what's happening, but I know your car and there Jack, And when you came back up you walked into the other room. You look like a man that just found out something really bad. And you were on with nine to one one, which I didn't know at the time, and I know you felt so violated. That was the part where I started feeling a little guilty, but I wasn't going to break silence on that.
Speaker 4: But then we locked eyes. We locked eyes ever in a car ass and I've never had a car storm. But you do feel violated. I swear to God, it's like weird. It's like they have my stuff.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: When we locked eyes, it took you about three seconds.
Speaker 4: And it like cause you were trying, I know, because you had that you have a look in your eye when you're trying to hold back a grin and the you know, it's kind of like you're trying not to laugh or say something gave and I went, you son of a you. Oh my god, I knew instantly. Oh but here's the deal. It was also the g Wagon, so it wasn't like, uh, you know, and I'm god, it was terrible anyway, Gott, what was the story?
Speaker 14: He did?
Speaker 1: He did get me on that three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, Earlene, I'm going to ask you to hold on because Bo's going to do this follow up with you.
Speaker 1: But I want to take Brian right now. Who called in? Brian?
Speaker 4: What is your question on workers' compensation?
Speaker 1: Sir, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: What's going on with you, well, thank you, thank you. I'm yeah, I've been a I used to be a daily listener, but my job doesn't permit it lately.
Speaker 1: Ah quit the job.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I wish it was that easy. But about a year and a half ago, I got hurt, you know, at work. I contacted my direct supervisor and you know, to find out what urgent care I should go to. They didn't have one, so I ended up at excuse me, I'm a little bit winded. I'm recovering from the fluid. I'm an oxygen. But oh man, okay, yeah, it's been fun. But I went to Littletonnette Venis and at the time I told him it was a workers comp claim, but they didn't really you know, I didn't have a claim number or anything. They did all that, you know, they they treated me. You know, I subsequently went, you know, got follow up care and that got covered through workers' comp.
Speaker 1: How were you hurt by the way?
Speaker 14: I jammed my finger in the door and kind of shattered it broke, and you're really bad?
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 14: You know, so when I did get a workers Comp number, I called, uh, you know, Little Tenet Venice back in the billing department and gave them all that information, but I got a bill I gave my boss that say, the copy of it. So, to make a long story short, they keep I keep getting built for the nine hundred and ninety five dollars for the initial visit. I've contacted my uh uh former and it's a former employer now. I contacted him back in November and related the situation. And it's not getting taken care of another three.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, when was this When was this treatment?
Speaker 14: When was it like October twenty two?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Of the so, so right now you still are getting billed and it wasn't paid correct, and it's nine hundred and ninety nine bucks. N yes, do you have health insurance or anything that would have paid for it?
Speaker 1: And would it have paid for it?
Speaker 14: You know, I'm not sure how that worked back then. No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 14: I think I was on Medicaid back then when I worked for them.
Speaker 4: Okay, then that would have paid it for sure. Wait wait, wait, how can you be on medicaid when.
Speaker 1: You're working.
Speaker 14: Or medicare? Excuse me?
Speaker 1: How old were you?
Speaker 5: Fifty five?
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, man, here's what I think. I think that they have to pay it, and I don't. Did they open up a worker's comp number or case?
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, after the fact, and I did supply that to them. And then now it went to this Common Spirit of Health and you can't talk to anybody. It's all just a big phone tree.
Speaker 4: Well, Common Spirit, they're all right people, They're just they own the clinic.
Speaker 1: Probably I think they took over Adventist.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me there's no one to talk to about getting this paid, either from the employer or.
Speaker 1: From the insurance.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So here's what I would do.
Speaker 4: I think what I would do is have somebody on our side help you get through the red tape.
Speaker 11: Doc.
Speaker 1: Speaking of medical stuff, Doc, what do you think, Doc is pretty what pecularity?
Speaker 14: Did you go to Brian a little today?
Speaker 15: Okay, here's what I would do.
Speaker 1: First, go to the group. Go there and ask to see someone in the billing department.
Speaker 10: Tell them what's going on, face to face, and I guarantee you that will take care of it, all right, And.
Speaker 1: If not, you get back in touch and we'll put DOT on it. Oh up.
Speaker 4: If that doesn't work, I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 24: D News need.
Speaker 2: Advice so you don't have.
Speaker 13: Come in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help her come.
Speaker 3: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 4: Tom Martina here, welcome to the show. We got all kinds of things happening here for you. We want to solve your problems. Let's geel right to the phones.
Speaker 1: We have Basically Earlen worked.
Speaker 5: With Bow.
Speaker 19: And Bo.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put your mic on here. Bro go ahead, tell me Bo. Can you solve the problem?
Speaker 21: Yes, hier Lene, thanks for calling in. Uh soon called in on Friday to twenty fourth. She had several companies come out. She has no he Arlene has had no heat in her house since November.
Speaker 1: Was she renting?
Speaker 5: No, she's the homeowner.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I remember, Okay, and I don't know what the issue was there, Okay, but okay, I got it here right.
Speaker 4: So it's a single family home and it's an Aurora. Her old furnace broke down four months ago. She's been without heat and basically she doesn't have the money to replace it.
Speaker 1: You said, well, maybe we can get it to work. Yes, she has a daughter living with.
Speaker 4: Her who's sixty two, works a couple of days a week, two grandchildren, twins, and basically they're hurting. They're just hurting. And you wanted to go out to see if you could limp that thing along.
Speaker 1: Yes, I went out there.
Speaker 5: How many times have I been out there, Arlene?
Speaker 13: Four?
Speaker 3: Four times?
Speaker 15: I've been out there several times.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 21: The one of the contractors that were out there, we don't know who it is, but they pulled all your wires out.
Speaker 1: I really messed things up. You said they're trying to sell her a new system.
Speaker 21: Every one of them wanted to sell her a new system.
Speaker 1: But what I'd like to know from you, does she need a new system?
Speaker 5: No, she does not need a new system.
Speaker 1: What did you find?
Speaker 21: Companies that came out there said the parts were not available for the unit. Now, granted it's fifteen years old, maybe it should be of course of the age, but it's functional. So on my third visit, I was able to kind of rewire everything. It's like spaghetti in there. And being an older unit, earline, it did have trouble finding the parts you needed. An electric commutated.
Speaker 1: Veritable speed motive. Is that all.
Speaker 5: So, Earlene, I've been.
Speaker 1: Looking for weeks. I can't find it. Well, yes, it's been a struggle.
Speaker 21: But I got a hold of the train company, the train corporation or supply depot here in Denver, and they called me the other day Early they found the motor.
Speaker 1: It's a new Jersey. It's about an seventeen motor in computing.
Speaker 4: But here get sevente way way way cheaper than a brand new furnace.
Speaker 1: Well, Tom, it gets better.
Speaker 21: The train company hurt my plight about your situation early, how you could not afford a new furnace.
Speaker 1: You've had these little electric keaters. You're huddled in the bedroom.
Speaker 21: The train supply company the manufacturer is shipping the motor to Denver and they're not going to charge you.
Speaker 1: Ye what, Holy crap.
Speaker 21: I've been into business for forty years and I've never had a supplier. They're not a contractor, they're the actual supplier. They just felt bad for your case.
Speaker 1: They're bringing this engine in and they're going to an honest guard. That is so great. I feel so good about the train company. Oh my god, Earleen, this is like amazing.
Speaker 21: And I want to continue very amazing. So this thing has sixteen wires coming out of it. It's a little beyond my capabilities to install. But the train company is going to find one of their authorized dealers to donate their technician time.
Speaker 1: When the motor comes in.
Speaker 21: They're going to come out and they're going to install motor and you're not going to be charged a penny for it.
Speaker 14: Wow, do it?
Speaker 12: No charge?
Speaker 1: Okay? So who's on the board, Jesi, you're gonna dude dragon grab my dinger.
Speaker 21: We need yes, absolutely so early, and I'll call you when the motor comes in. We'll make arrangements and I'm gonna buy a few ignition parts for it, and we're gonna get your furnace up and running hopefully in the next week and a half.
Speaker 13: Bo.
Speaker 1: That was incredible, dude, incredible. We love you both, Thank you.
Speaker 11: Very much.
Speaker 1: Yes, Early, you're such you're such a nice Yeah, I'm looking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so listen, we really do appreciate this. Bow then it's amazing though that train her this and says, you know, well the moment and they know you knew what you were talking about, and.
Speaker 21: They knew I diagnosed it to that area and it's a seventeen hundred No.
Speaker 4: Tell me what if somebody was foolish enough to work on an old furnace and to do this, what would this cost as a retail job of a company came out to replace that motor? You know, first of all, they'd probably mark up the motor by twice at.
Speaker 21: Least two and a half times, because this is below what I would pay for it's manufacturing.
Speaker 4: So so let's say the motor they would charge four grand forty five hundred.
Speaker 21: This would be probably a thirty nine hundred and forty two hundred dollars job.
Speaker 4: Okay, with labor with the label okay, the labor in the parts okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Wow, But there would be no point thank you man. Right, bo, if it's in the cost thirty of course, not on that old furnace, right, No, but.
Speaker 5: In your situation, well, she can't.
Speaker 21: She doesn't have nine thousand dollars in.
Speaker 1: New furnace, and I don't think we we could.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Then she got a quote of nine I think it was she got three quotes from seventy eight hundred to nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 15: Early. Can't he afford a service?
Speaker 3: Call?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this was a miracle.
Speaker 4: She called us three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Drew, go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 16: I was uh checking on the office filling.
Speaker 25: I am in the office.
Speaker 4: Manager for on South Color Boulevard, and you were doing I'm sorry, I didn't get the I didn't get the first part.
Speaker 1: You were late, Drew, I didn't get.
Speaker 18: The first into my truck.
Speaker 16: Well, my girlfriend was in there, and don's damage. She offered me, he goes, I'll give you a hundred bucks. I took it down. I called my Ford dealership, UH Freeway for They sent me down to UH Dinos down on Santa Fe. They're the only people to work on aluminum trucks. I got eight thousand dollars in damage on my truck.
Speaker 4: Hey, Drew, Drew, what year? Tell me about the vehicle? What exactly is the vehicle?
Speaker 16: It's two was the nineteen Ford Lariat pickup truck.
Speaker 1: And it's it's aluminum. Aren't they all alluminum?
Speaker 16: That's why he told me.
Speaker 12: I went to Dinos and then then I went to Caliber to get another uh you know, estimate, and they don't work on aluminum truss.
Speaker 1: N Kevin, is there something? Is there something special here? Alluminum? What is he talking about?
Speaker 5: All Ford panels are aluminum through those years, you know, seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it says military greater than It's just what is the big deal about working on them?
Speaker 1: I don't get it. What what can they not do?
Speaker 5: It's he treated, it's the painting is a little bit different. It is a little different, but most most body chefs work on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it could be costly though.
Speaker 16: And then I went to a Caliber Collision to get a second you know, uh, you know, estimate on it, and they will work on it.
Speaker 1: So what I'm uh, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 16: I've got her plate okay, and I've got her on video.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But here's what's really important. The plate number is not the important thing. Here's what I need to know, Drew. Just listen and answer some questions real quick. When it happened. Was it on private property?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you get a police report? Done?
Speaker 23: Yes?
Speaker 12: I did one online?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: Did you do it the same day?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 1: Now did did she do one?
Speaker 13: I do not believe so.
Speaker 1: Okay? Now does she?
Speaker 4: Do you have any proof with an email or a text or anything that she took responsibility? Uh?
Speaker 16: Yes, I have video and also I have audio.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: And your girlfriend was in the truck, right, Yes, I.
Speaker 16: Was inside checking on my office woman, but she.
Speaker 1: Was in the truck.
Speaker 6: You need to just turn this over to your own insurance with all that info, and they're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why don't you send it like do you have collision coverage?
Speaker 16: I got full coverage on my truck?
Speaker 1: Well, why don't you do it, like Mark said, through your insurance?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then basically you're end up paying the deductible right now. But trust me, if you have that video of evidence and stuff, they're gonna go after and subrogate that claim and the very first dollar they recover will go to that deductible that you paid.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it won't and it won't effect in any way.
Speaker 6: It won't affect the price of your insurance because you're not at fault.
Speaker 1: No, that's right, Okay, that's what I needed to know, Drew.
Speaker 4: How long ago did this happen? There might be a problem. Did you ever report this before?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: How long ago did it happened?
Speaker 16: It happened on uh January twenty seventh. I was coming out, okay, in a handicapped spot.
Speaker 1: Got it, got it.
Speaker 16: I was in the line and I've got photographs of everything, and she wiped out.
Speaker 25: The side of my truck.
Speaker 4: Well, it's good that it wasn't that long ago. You should have called your insurance company. Call them right now, because they they might they might pull something because you didn't call them right away.
Speaker 1: Here's what you tell them. Listen carefully.
Speaker 4: You tell them that you thought you could work it out with the person who did it, but that is not going to happen. And you need to file acclaim because they're going to want to know why you waited several days.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't that long actually, But Drew.
Speaker 4: Let me just ask you that, though out of curiosity, have you ever asked her if she if she would pay?
Speaker 1: What did she say when you told her it was about a grand.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 19: No, Uh, she offered me one hundred dollars at the spot.
Speaker 16: I'll give you a hundred dollars for your damn age. You're your truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But what happened after they get out of curiosity? Go ahead? Did you take the money?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 16: I did not take money.
Speaker 5: Did you give you proof of insurance while you exchange information?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 16: She would now give me your information.
Speaker 1: So you have no information on this woman.
Speaker 16: All I got is pictures of her car and her license plate number.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't she give you information?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 16: She became very combative at the scene, crying and doing everything. Offered you know, one hundred dollars.
Speaker 24: And then.
Speaker 16: You know, finally, why.
Speaker 1: Did you not call? Why didn't you call the police?
Speaker 16: I'm on private property and I've got a broken hip, and that's why i was parking my handicap spot and I had my placard up everything. And then I you know, finally she was just going irate.
Speaker 1: Put in a claim, put in a claim with your insurance company. I gotta take a break.
Speaker 4: Three oh three, seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five one. Clear Choice Garage Doors is the place to go for the best garage door service and products, including garage doors, any part of the door, any part of the opener.
Speaker 1: They do it all and they're dependable.
Speaker 4: I've known these guys for years and years, and I've used them six or seven times. One clear Choice Doors dot Com. All of their prices on the website. One Clearchoystores dot com seven two zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi tom Archino here three all three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome here to help you, and uh we're going to go to the phones and figure out what we can do for you right now. Now, Tom's got a comment on that aluminum truck and why it's so expensive. And I thought illuminum panels were not unusual. Go ahead, Tom, what's your comment?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 12: Tom?
Speaker 20: I have a Hey fifty with uh alluming body and I went to Caliber Collision and Henderson and they fixed it no problem.
Speaker 1: And was it extra expensive?
Speaker 16: Al right?
Speaker 20: Seventeen thousand.
Speaker 4: For him?
Speaker 1: One thousand?
Speaker 14: What do you.
Speaker 1: Wow? They holy they had.
Speaker 19: UH hood and the roof.
Speaker 20: Well no, they fixed the roof finally, but the roof was and would have been twenty four There.
Speaker 1: Tom, is luminum unusual?
Speaker 4: I mean, is this truck like a rare breed because it has aluminum panels? No?
Speaker 20: My I had a twenty eighteen Ford and it was alluminum body. No, Ford is making all their trucks. Him to uh Ford a mile age epa milege okay or whatever?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much? All right?
Speaker 4: So hold on now, I think, well, no, we we took care of Drew, so we're done with him. Lee's turn, Lee, go ahead, what's going on with you? Lee?
Speaker 13: Lee?
Speaker 5: Lee?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's happening? Hi? Happening.
Speaker 26: Alright, I brinded ironic that during the why hold on, hold on now, we're getting like we're getting like a six second delay here.
Speaker 1: Do you have a bluetooth headset on?
Speaker 13: You're not?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 19: I had rink speaker on, but I took it off.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. What's going on?
Speaker 26: I am dealing with all State? Yeah, I hear two commercials all State You're in good hands, but it's all but the opposite.
Speaker 10: With All State.
Speaker 26: I have suffered a tremendous laws. I get you assessed at my property, and I have a renter's insurance policy with them, and I've you know, followed everything per the policy requirements, submitted everything, and they're just being negligent to pay the claim and I'm suffering major financial hardshets because of it. I filed complaints, I got a lawyer involved, and I'm still just you know, being ignored by All State. And I'm really just I'm more than disappointed. I mean all I've heard two commercials about you're in good hands with All States since I've been waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: So, okay, I want to know about the loss. Tell me about the loss.
Speaker 26: Well, there was a burglary that occurred at my home and my you know, all my TVs and you know, electronic devices, a lot of personal stuff. My car, my Mercedes Benz was was taken. I mean just they wipe me out completely.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 13: It was really a bad deal.
Speaker 26: It was so bad that, like I couldn't even continue to stay at the property because I couldn't even maintain our standard of living any longer because everything was just gone?
Speaker 1: So how did they hold on?
Speaker 4: Was anyone else triggered? Was was anyone else triggered with the crime in that area?
Speaker 26: Not that I'm aware of?
Speaker 1: How much did you lose altogether? If you added everything up fifty five thousand? Did you did you? Did they ever recover your car?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 13: Not yet?
Speaker 4: Okay, then okay, do you have your radio on? Let me just ask you that, do you have your radio on at all? No?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay, we're getting like not one echo but two. But okay, so, Lee, you have a fifty dollars loss. I need to know why your insurance refuses to pay.
Speaker 26: There's no real good reason, Tom, and that This is what I'm trying to figure it out. Because I've sent demand letters and everything, and they're saying, Oh, they're saying that they are. I got a claim status letter on this a few days ago, and it said that they were waiting on proof of ownership. I had spoken of what for a few weeks ago, exactly of my property, I guess, which isn't a requirement of the policy because they don't require.
Speaker 1: That's to wait, you don't own Wait, you don't own the vehicle? Oh yes, I do. Well, then what are you talking about?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 19: They were very vague.
Speaker 1: Be a little more transparent. Is it titled in your name?
Speaker 26: Yes, the vehicle was registered in my name, and I don't careume that it's the vehicle that there's fine.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, first of all, I just want to cut right through this rents insurance.
Speaker 1: Renters insurance does not cover vehicles, right, well, well, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, so so, so subtract the vehicle from that. Renter's insurance does not cover your car, period.
Speaker 24: Right, And that's fine.
Speaker 26: You know, I wasn't expecting that they would. I included it, so, you know, because it was a list of everything that was taken for the police report.
Speaker 4: Right, I understand, though, do you have the regular car insurance on the car.
Speaker 26: No, I didn't have car entrance on the car. I wasn't driving it like I.
Speaker 4: Then you don't have coverage on that vehicle. Was was your car parked in a garage?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes it was, and it was not registered, it was not current. It was correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's move on to the other stuff that was taken. When you said fifty thousand dollars, that does not.
Speaker 1: Include the car, right, it does include the car? How much without the car.
Speaker 19: For forty forty five?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Okay, it sounds like you're just donor bluff. They won't proof that she actually owned the stuff she's claiming.
Speaker 4: Okay, but hold on, what kind of stuff would they want? Proof of ownership? I've ever seen in the idea with forty grand worth of stuff? Sure, forty five I want Okay, let's take this break. I need to know exactly what they're asking about proof of ownership. The car is out of there completely. Let's talk about the other stuff. I don't think I can go through this house other than my drums and equipment, though I can't find if I added everything up, including my exercise equipment, I could not put together fifty grand worth of stuff I'm serious, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what you had hold on. I'm Tom Martine. Got more right after this, Go.
Speaker 4: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter Frank Duran in the real Estate Man free market valuations. If you're home for the asking, you say Frank, what will my house sell for? And He'll do it free of charge. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Connie, what's going on with you?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 13: Tom, I'm an older woman. Just turned eighty last week. That makes me really older. But anyway, when I was a baby, Oh take sure. What I want to do is I want to present something to the Trump campaign in Washington, and I have no idea how to do this. I've had this and thought I was going to use it several times. It was used once for anyway, It won a contest for Mother's Day in nineteen forty seven. It could have been forty eight. BUS think it was forty seven in Cincinnati, Ohio. And since Jadie Vans is from there, I thought, well, I'll contact them. Will they push me on to you know, to call the people in Washington. But I didn't get through.
Speaker 4: So uh anyway, So Connie, are you trying let me get this straight. You're trying to donate something to Donald Trump.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'd like him to use it. I mean, if he wants to give me a service dog.
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 1: And what exactly is it is it? Is it a vintage photograph?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no, it won or was I don't know if it one it or they picked from what I heard from the family and they're all dead now. I maybe what the hell is is that it's a Mother's Day picture that was Cincinnati, Ohio's Mother's Day campaign for nineteen forty seven, maybe forty eight, I think it's forty seven.
Speaker 1: Are you in the picture at all? I'm just curious.
Speaker 13: I'm the baby. I'm the baby. I'm the baby. Oh take the picture was taken to my father at the end of the war. I was born in forty five and my Yeah, but what does this have to do with Trump? Well, let me let me finish. It won a contest for that year for Mother's Day. It was all plastered in on the back of there's a picture of me and my mother in the newspaper putting the first one up on it.
Speaker 1: I get it, car, I get it in forty seven.
Speaker 13: Okay, So the thing of it is, it's not just a nice picture there. There's a lot of beautiful pictures. I did have a water colored in to buy a famous watercolors years ago. Anyway, Anyway, that's another start, is it.
Speaker 1: Because it's forty seven? It was forty seven, forty eight?
Speaker 13: Well, it was born, and I mean I was born in forty five. The picture actually when the con I was three months old when the picture was taken. I was forty four years old when it won this when it won this contra.
Speaker 1: Who cares how old she was? She was in a picture for Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: It won a prize in nineteen forty sevens about the minutia the picture.
Speaker 13: Okay, we big the big milutia is is that ites?
Speaker 1: Pardon me, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Oh, I guess shoes. I was in a baptism again and I think I don't know that's what. It's three months old, but at two years old is when it won the contest. It was all over and it was it was in their newspaper. They came out and took pictures. It was in their insert and so it's very documented. I'm not just but yeah, it's what it says. It's not the picture itself. There's a lot of beautiful pictures out there.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 13: What it says, it's day's mother love, the hope of the future. So in Denver, fifteen sixteen years it was used as a mother's day thing. A friend of mine took it and used it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 13: Well, there you go.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I don't understand, I don't hold on this is this is a really.
Speaker 13: Well he's from Cincinnati that I thought I'd go that way, but that didn't work. But anyway, it would be a campaign that he puts out there uses a picture in the history of it that it's today's mother love is the hope of the future. I think that would really resonate with a lot of women so anti abortion.
Speaker 16: Loved it because.
Speaker 13: But anyway that it has some history to it. It's not just a pretty picture.
Speaker 14: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like the idea. Tom. I think she should send them over to you. Yeah, I liked it well, I'd like to see it. Can you email us a picture of the picture?
Speaker 13: I could, I can. I don't know how to do that, but I'll get my friend to do it. I mean, I'm technologically stupid. I don't care about it. I don't believe I said I never carry plastic. Tom twenty years ago, I'll never carry plastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never carry what plot plastic? Credit card?
Speaker 13: You have to carry no credit card? Plastic. Never carried plastic. I'm sorry I should have say you have to pull me back. I get off on tangents. But when you're old, you have a lot of stores.
Speaker 1: I made everyone else on this show.
Speaker 13: I really don't want me to be the forefront of this thing, because, for one thing, I want to enjoy my last hopefully ten twenty years I have left, and I don't want to be if this thing, I'll make it on its own if it's going to, because my name's all over it and I'll go viral. And I also, oh yeah, I think it will because of the history. I I just want to give it to him. I mean, if he wants to repay me and give me a nice protective service dog, that would be great. That's all I really. I mean, I'm on the government doll. I'm considered indigent, but I live, okay, I do okay, my kids help me out if I'm in big druggle or whatever. I can't be a light till or something.
Speaker 1: Do you live in the Denver area.
Speaker 13: I live in the Deer Trail, Colorado.
Speaker 5: Now get nice.
Speaker 13: I went well on me in a condo, sooint.
Speaker 6: But anyway, you know what I like about this conversation, Tom, is you're letting her talk.
Speaker 1: I mean, really, it is fascinating. It is fascinating, seriously, mainly.
Speaker 4: Mainly because I was trying to figure out the story. But everyone else was interrupting her this time, you and Dragon and everyone else trying to make fun of her.
Speaker 1: I was trying to get the gist of it. Them.
Speaker 6: I understand she's got a picture from nineteen forty seven. She was two years old.
Speaker 1: She was three month old.
Speaker 6: And I won like a Nobel Peace Prize or something, and we're going to send it to Trumps in exchange for a service animal.
Speaker 1: Can you guys shut up?
Speaker 13: If he wants to give me something, make it. If he says, what do you want, I'll say, oh, gee, get me a protection dog because I have PTSD from a man that beat me up for eight years. That's what I was forty years ago.
Speaker 1: Hey Connie, Connie, do you have any Connie? I want to ask you. Do you have any family?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She said to you, A couple of kids. Are they close to you? They help her out?
Speaker 13: I have one.
Speaker 11: I went through.
Speaker 13: I went through what we used to call a nervous breakdown when I was a kid. Now it's anxiety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really want to I want to ask you, and you really you want a dog.
Speaker 13: For like a promoted I don't want to. I don't want to be the old Connie.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking about Connie.
Speaker 4: You don't have to talk about this picture again and how you don't want to be involved in how you want somebody to help you.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about you.
Speaker 4: Do you want an emotional support animal or a protection animal.
Speaker 13: No protection, Definitely, protection has to be protection. I almost I got December the first time in almost forty years.
Speaker 1: I cry all the time, so I need Is someone trying hold on Connie? This is serious? If you can, could you do me a favorite Connie and just don't talk until I ask a question? How's put her on? Just put her on hold? Please put her on hold.
Speaker 4: Tell her I can help her if she would shut up long enough to answer some very basic questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, I heard her story. It is touching.
Speaker 4: I want to help her. I'm going to put her back up after the break, and I just need her to listen and answer some basic questions.
Speaker 1: Right after this, go with a.
Speaker 4: Sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that woman's gone. So what was I gonna ask her?
Speaker 4: If she would pause, like one second and take a breath in between words. She's an eighty year old woman who pose for an award winning of Mother's Day Pick in nineteen forty seven, that she wants to donate to Donald Trump. Just give me a couple seconds here.
Speaker 1: She wants to.
Speaker 4: Donate to Donald Trump, and one of the things she wants to do is get a protection dog. Now one has nothing to do with the other. He's not gonna take this picture and donate a dog to her. But I'm sure that if she is traumatized and has PTSD from some previous encounters of domestic violence or whatever. I was trying to truly get to the bottom of it as to where she lives, if she feels safe, the real need for this, I mean, or does she really need an emotional support antal or whatever, And I was unable to get answers.
Speaker 1: I just wanted some basic answer. She might be calling okay, So when she does, I truly will ask her some very basic questions. And sometimes people think I'm just trying to I don't know. I ask questions for the hell of it. I don't.
Speaker 4: There is always a reason for every single question I have ever asked.
Speaker 1: So you might want to remind Deputy Doc of that too. And what's going on with you about a motor home? What's happening? And Hi, Hi, Hello, what's happening? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 24: You know I've got this Class C motor home to two thousand and seventy.
Speaker 1: Hey, what is the real quick? And before the break? What kind twenty seventeen?
Speaker 13: What great Hawk classy?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 13: With seven seven thousand miles on it?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 4: Hold on a second, And I know you want to know about selling it, right, I guess she does.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about it coming back. I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 11: R News.
Speaker 4: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as as a can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven on three Talk seven one three eight.
Speaker 1: Two five five.
Speaker 4: Solving problems, Answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier. And uh Annie had a question about selling a motor home. Well, Connie's back up looks like a pretty good Okay, I'll get it. Annie, you have a pretty nice motor home twenty seventeen Class C Greyhawk motor home with about seven thousand miles. They're going for some pretty good money, you know, like actually like eighty grand or so.
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 24: Well, yes, but I have.
Speaker 13: I'm got a loan on it.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, what's your loan for? How much?
Speaker 24: Jalle seventy thousand?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna get more than that? Well, maybe, I mean she might be that might be right around there. I mean I don't know, but but.
Speaker 4: Mark, she only has seven thousand miles on it everyone. I'm looking at everyone, I'm looking at it has forty or more for seventy two or I mean, maybe you're it's going to be close. So anyway, have you ever thought about consigning it?
Speaker 24: Yes, I have, I've actually thought about that. I thought about refinancing it. Also, don't drive it much.
Speaker 16: Why would you refrand children?
Speaker 1: Why would you? Well, then why would you ever refinance it?
Speaker 24: Make it affordable for my pocket?
Speaker 1: You're probably better off selling it. And then if you have to come to the table.
Speaker 4: But you're not, you're not even using it. I mean you're If you're not using it, refinancing it is useless.
Speaker 24: Well, I found that out. I was told I had to go back to the dealer to even refinance it. So it was off the table at that point, going all the way back up to I think it's love Loveland, somewhere along mount where I bought it.
Speaker 1: At lazy Days.
Speaker 24: So that's out of the question, and I thought maybe I'd have to come to the table with a little bit of money.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure you have.
Speaker 4: To do that in.
Speaker 24: Oh, Okay, I guess I need to, But I think.
Speaker 4: I think you can probably get lazy. I think Lazy Days would buy it.
Speaker 1: Back from you.
Speaker 24: Okay, I'll get me try.
Speaker 1: Mark our contact up there? Is he's still there? No Lazy Days in Nope, nope, No, he went to Grand Junction to run a new deal. Okay, do we still have a contact at Lazy Days? Not really. Lazy Days is going through so changes.
Speaker 4: Did they stop on our Let's just ask straight up, I I I actually haven't noticed.
Speaker 1: You know they were century RV. We loved him. Yeah, we had a long answer your question.
Speaker 6: We might be advertising again for him once winter's done, But I don't know because they are going through a lot of changes.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, and maybe maybe not. There's another one up there, r V America.
Speaker 6: Who's the guys in the Springs that own two or three Susanne. He's been on the show.
Speaker 5: They might.
Speaker 6: I think they buy stuff left and right. I think she's gonna be I think if she she's I think she can break even. Oh yeah, try cousins in the Springs. I think I think she can break even on this.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: But whatever you do and what I do, here's the here's the only here's the only thing that really puzzles me. And and I should let it puzzle me, but it does. How you were equating selling it to re and and I don't how. I don't see how a REFI could benefit you. Were you talking about pulling cash out of it or getting a lower payment?
Speaker 24: Lower payment?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you thought if I have to keep it, at least I can have a lower payment.
Speaker 1: Now I've got an idea for you.
Speaker 4: It's a little outside the box, but that unit would qualify for it because of the price range. That there's a place called rv easy, and then there's some other ones, but RV share, r v easy you rent it.
Speaker 1: Out having I know Mark, but that's a terrible thing.
Speaker 19: But yeah, you never know what.
Speaker 14: Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, that's another opportunity, okay.
Speaker 4: And she owes like she owes seventy grand I would never expose myself to that. Now, whatever happened to the woman with the thank you Anne, with the renter's insurance claim forty five thousand losses?
Speaker 1: She hung up.
Speaker 4: I was gonna help her, but okay, let's go back to Connie. Connie called and wanted to talk about an iconic picture and posters she was part of back in the day, she wanted to donate to Trump, and while she was speaking to us, she said that she felt like, you know, if he or anyone ever wanted to do something kind for her, she could use a protection dog. And I asked, do you mean emotional support of protection? And she said, no protection. And one of the reasons was she said she was abused for a while, and that concerns me. She's eighty years old and she still feels a little insecure, and I want to know why, Connie.
Speaker 1: How long ago was this abuse?
Speaker 13: Almost forty years. It was a husband. I ran, got to Colorado Springs. That's the story, and that's as far as I'm going to go. That was I made some really bad decisions and it's still affecting my life to this day. But I had a bad summer. But that's not why I'm calling. We can go into that. That's the service dog part. I should have ever mentioned it. I have one. I'm trying to train a last.
Speaker 1: Man, Connie. Connie, thank you for your answer, Connie, thank you for your answer. Put her back on hold. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I look at I can't do this, Okay, I really can't do this, So why don't we just try to take care of it off the air. I just I wanted to if this was an abuse forty years ago. I just need to know if she doesn't want to protection dog, fine, Okay, maybe you know. I'm very by the way alerted when older.
Speaker 1: People or wives, especially when they're talking about.
Speaker 4: Feeling unsafe or something and they need help. I just wanted to explore that if she's not in danger and having some emotional problems, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: The immediate concern. Though she's not in trouble. She doesn't feel unsafe right now, that's fine. So if she would just like someone to talk to, I get that as well. But try to find out if there's something we can do for her today. Is it to get this picture donated. We could probably figure out a contact for her if what she wants to do is donate this picture. Three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Peter, you have a comment on RVs, Go ahead, Peter.
Speaker 27: Yes, yes, Tom, I was in the trade for a while selling RVs, and uh, just a word of advice. If that woman goes back to that place, she's gonna have to bring money with her, because we call RV's rum vacations, not recreational vehicles. I can't tell you how many people have bought RVs and a year or two later they brought them back. I love mine, and it cost them a lot of the money.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: Hey, well, okay, I don't, Peter, I don't think it's pretty wild. I don't think you can just generalize ruined vacations.
Speaker 1: I call them.
Speaker 4: Because you do everything on your own time. I mean you say people would take them back. Probably they paid too much and they didn't think it through.
Speaker 27: Well, a lot of couples have gotten divorces after two or three years on the road.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that doesn't have much to do with our vs.
Speaker 27: Oh yes it does. We would always tell them, Tom, if you ever decided to get rid of it, come back and see us.
Speaker 1: Okay, we meet all kinds of great people and ours.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 4: So are you saying, Peter, that there's a lot of buyer's remorse in the RV business?
Speaker 27: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we use ours at least i'd say twelve weeks out of a year, usually one long trip of four or five weeks.
Speaker 1: Harry, we better watch out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like cars better than most hotels.
Speaker 27: Well, absolutely, that's they are. But there's a lot of when you get two people in a small confined space like an RV.
Speaker 6: My god, Susanna and I have lived together and worked together. We're attached by the hip for thirty three years. Hold on, Mark, I think he's talking about most people.
Speaker 1: But Peter and Zanne don't have a typical RV. They have a beautiful, very expensive Peter.
Speaker 4: But but it's still it's still a relatively small place compared to you know, I know what he's saying. Peter, Listen, I think you're generalizing based on the bad experiences you've encountered.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are plenty of people. You're right.
Speaker 4: I mean there are people who will never be right for the RV style never ever ever, I mean seriously, and they appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I'd never buy a new one ever again. But they depreciate like a tesla basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know, here's the deal, Peter, I think you're right. It takes it.
Speaker 4: It takes special people, special couples, to get used to the R and B. Especially what's that I said you loved yours absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 6: I can literally work anywhere in the country at any time, anywhere in it, anywhere. It doesn't matter. If time's like, hey I've got I got to do something, boom boom boom. It takes me about one and a half minutes to set up my star link. If it's already not set up, I can pull over in a Walmart parking lot and do the show. So, I mean, we love that ability.
Speaker 4: I used to love so much going places and stuff. And look my current situation. I don't think it would work. She will remain nameless, but my.
Speaker 1: She could could.
Speaker 5: I mean she could.
Speaker 4: Well see that part we'd never have to worry about. But here's the point, she breaks out in a rash off. We're ten minutes away from a porcelain toilet.
Speaker 1: So I mean, it's like we we have.
Speaker 4: To be with luxurious, not luxurious. She's not spoiled that way. But I don't think camping. And I know she calls it camping. I said, honey, this is not camping.
Speaker 1: This is like a freaking it's a beautiful suite, but she doesn't look at it that.
Speaker 6: God, we've got some people that were in like a sixty five TV in every room.
Speaker 4: Mark Mark I had a pravo, for God's sakes, that that that stars by and she thought it was roughing.
Speaker 1: At that country. Who was the country Western guy had it? George Jones, Yeah, it was great. But also here's the deal man.
Speaker 4: And then I've had these big ones that they use on in the five hundred, the Indianapolis five hundred where they they're all on the infield, all the drivers. Here's the thing. It's people believe Mark. They say, that's that's roughing it. There are people who think that's roughing it. And you have a beautiful motor home and there's I mean, if you close your and not close your eyes, if you didn't know where you were, you think you're in a one of the best hotel rooms in the world. But people, for some reason get weirded when you talk about r vs. They all assume it's I don't know. They just make these assumptions that they're they're terrible and they have no idea what they're talking about. Now, we have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five sus we had a call about a backup camera. Somebody suggested to me, Hey, the guy changed everything out, just changed the damn camera.
Speaker 1: And you said you had some information.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So this gentleman called and he has a Dodge pickup.
Speaker 28: He said, uh, when it happened to his camera, he he went to the actual camera on the tailgate itself and took off the plate or whatever and made sure all the connections were tight, taking that tailgate up and down all the time.
Speaker 7: Tom can loosen those connections could be something as simple as that.
Speaker 1: In case the caller is listening, Okay.
Speaker 4: Cool, Yeah, and uh, I believe he said he bought a new harness even and he you know, so maybe he had done that, who knows. But in any case, here's another one. Tom, the guy calling about r VS is totally right. People are going wild on each other all the time at campgrounds.
Speaker 1: It's the sight of violence. You've got that. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have never found that. I found people in such good moods. I've never found a grump.
Speaker 1: Ever, have you Guys? Most people are so.
Speaker 6: Some of the greatest people, you know. I know full timers. Full timers can be a little strange. Here's two different kinds.
Speaker 1: Of full timers.
Speaker 6: There's some that are they're out there maybe six seven months out of the year, but they've got a beautiful house somewhere for the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then there's the ones that are legitimately full timers. And some of those folks don't seem as happy. I will say that.
Speaker 4: You mean the ones where they made the movies like that one they made a movie about like they're crazy people. And then they when they stop, they they don't just stand once budd either. And then when they stop, you know that some of them sell wares and it's they're like gypsies.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can use that anymore.
Speaker 4: That I was told that's ethnically insulting to somebody, and I could be canceled for using the term gypsies. But in any case, uh, people we used to call people formerly known as gypsies.
Speaker 6: I can I can use that people experiencing gypsiness, you're experiencing something we would have called gypsies.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 6: It's so in any case, I'm strange full timers, So, uh, it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: And we were talking to Kevin.
Speaker 6: So generally when Suzanne or I we have certain destinations, like we might be going to the Oregon coast and we'll stay right on the ocean for a week.
Speaker 1: That's the destination.
Speaker 6: But getting there, we'll still have to stop at like a Koa overnight or somewhere where I don't have.
Speaker 1: To drop the car and all that.
Speaker 6: So those places are one thing, But the destinations are always beautiful, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean we've still used in Walmart parking lots for my God's sake. Yep.
Speaker 4: In the West Coast, on the West coast up there, northwest, have you ever seen was it?
Speaker 1: Canyon Beach was the most beautiful beach I've ever been to. I don't think. Then there was another I think you have, I think you have. You were up in Oregon, right, We stayed at a park in Oregon.
Speaker 6: Literally we would walk out onto this private beach that was probably four miles long, and Suzanne, myself and the two dogs were basically the only only people on the beach every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Canon Beach, yep, Oregon. And then the other, the other one. I don't know if that's what you were talking about, but that's where it is. And then a moral rock that sounds fun.
Speaker 6: Have you ever heard of there's one in I think you've been to this one, the one in Vegas, Las Vegas Motor Coach.
Speaker 4: Well that that's like a freaking resort that you know, the one where they come out. There's one where they come out and inspect your motor home before they let you in.
Speaker 6: Almost everyone have cup. Almost everyone have cups. Stay in or it's got to be a A class, can't be anything else A class. It's got to be ten years or less or newer or unless unless it's a certain model, like you know, like a Prevost that's fifteen years old, it's in good shape.
Speaker 1: They're not going to care about and they make you. But but they they come out and they go around. They go around it with a clipboard.
Speaker 4: I can you imagine what if a guy comes up to you and says, sir, can you use that turnaround?
Speaker 1: Tyger ve time? Well in line a.
Speaker 6: Tiger run where someone was trying to get into there with like a thirty five foot unit and they were like, beat.
Speaker 4: It, jack and it was simple as that. Now in Canon Beach, that rock is not Moro. There is a Moral Beach with a Morral rock. This one is Haystack Rock and it looks like a giant haystack on Cannon Beach. And some of these places are absolutely beautiful. And then we used to take an ferry on the take the motor home on a ferry out to the islands. What are those islands called off the Northwest?
Speaker 1: But we would go out there and they would have RV parks. There was an RV park on the actual island. Then they had what was it, oh, where you're listening to this.
Speaker 4: Your RV gets parked on deck and becomes part of the cruise. It's not like a long cruise like the ocean cruises, but it's like these giant river cruises and you stay in your RV, but you are on and you hook up, but you are on this cruise. And then they have another one where you do a train. Your RV goes up on a car and I think there's a couple two cars to a car, and then you can walk between them. You can't walk into people's RVs. There's common cars, but then there's r Then your RV is where you stay. There's some really creative vacations with RVs that people uh have to explore.
Speaker 1: They're crazy, but it's which ice.
Speaker 16: That.
Speaker 4: The biggest downfall of RVs that I have found is the time between trips. You know, as you get older, obviously that means something right. Some people enjoy the journey and the destination. Others just want to get there. If you just want to get there, don't do an RV. I mean an RV is where when you leave your home, you're happy because you're on the way.
Speaker 1: I used to feel that way.
Speaker 4: I never had to get there. The whole journey that I planned out was part of the trip. And that's the right kind of attitude for an RV. So you're not in a hurry ever, and you get the entire hurry. It's too big to be in a hurry. Seriously. Yeah, well not just in a hurry like speed wise Mark, but like psychologically, oh you know, you got to get there, got to get there, got to get there. So the real deal is enjoying every minute of it. And it takes a special person to do that.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 6: So we're to the point now where I'll only drive maybe maybe five hour stops, but four hours. We're going to make our way. Probably not this year, we're going. If we go, we're going to go somewhere else. But I want to do all of Florida.
Speaker 4: You realize, like Key West has some of the most beautiful You get a boat slip, you got a full outdoor living quarters.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like it's like a true true resort, oh for sure.
Speaker 4: And anyway, I think it's one of many vacations. There are people who love you know what I always thought. Now, now don't think I'm crazy, but I really believed if you could cater to kind of fantasy vacations, you know, like they did with the cattle rustlers, right, or you know, be a cowboy for a week or something like that. I thought, Now, listen to this and don't think I'm nuts. I'm going to take a break. I want to ask you this though. Think about this as a vacation. You have a freight train, a fake freight train, and you're a hobo and you get to hop a car and you can just stay on that car. No, would that be like crazy? And it's you get to live the life of a hobo for a few days. Is that what they call hobos? Is that even acceptable anymore? Who whoever knows in a hobo? You think the host could be offended by that? So and when you say hobo anyway? We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 4: When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino Here.
Speaker 4: Dan mackenzie is an estate planning a turn Dan McKenzie, McKenzie Law. And he's a great guy, live and local. He can answer questions for you, do simple wills, trusts. He can keep you out of probate or if you're facing probate, if you have a quick question, someone just died, you don't know what to do. Seriously, we use them all the time as our expert. McKenzie Law. Eight three three co plans eight three three co plans. And that's Dan McKenzie. Now let's talk to Lorenzo about a door bell. Lorenzo, Hello, Yeah, okay, how you doing? What's happening?
Speaker 18: I need my doorbell is stop working and I am so tired of not working for four months, and so I would sign out.
Speaker 1: What kind is it? What kind of.
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: You mean just a regular doorbell?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Lit it up?
Speaker 14: Lit it up?
Speaker 18: A doorbell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a button like in an old house, a button that lights up at night. You press the button and it goes ding dong.
Speaker 1: Just buy a new one. Have you ever thought of putting in like a ring doorbell?
Speaker 18: I did, and I got I took that off because it has problems because you have to pay for certain you can buy.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you got to pay yeah, right, you got to pay a subscription if you want to keep it log Yes.
Speaker 6: There's wireless ones on Amazon that have two plugins. You put one in say your bedroom, you put one in the kitchen, wherever you want in your house, the hallway, and then the part outside is wireless. There's you know, no photographs, nothing like that. But it's no subscription, nothing. And there's seventeen dollars.
Speaker 7: And you can pick your your ring bell, your chime, it's fun, train whistle, whatever, dog bark whatever.
Speaker 18: I already bought a new brand doorbell ringer in my house. It's nineteen inches long, kind of fancy, made out of wood.
Speaker 1: And then all I just want to and I don't know.
Speaker 18: If I burnt out the trans transformer, so I wanted somebody to go out and try to change it for me.
Speaker 4: And uh, okay, but what you don't man, that's a low voltage system. That's a low voltage system. Electricians will be very expensive for stuff like that. I would call a handyman. You'renest to god it an electrician.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's what I'm trying to think, Mark, no Is. They do a good job, don't they. Okay, how do they work jobs?
Speaker 15: Yeah? I just call up no Is arc dot and ask them how much you'll.
Speaker 1: Be But Mark, I mean, but Doc, are they are they on our referral list?
Speaker 15: Yeah? That's all I got them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I mean. But I mean, I I'm trying to look for him. I can't find him. I know, Mark, Noah's Ark.
Speaker 1: It's not ringing a bell, Doc, Noah's Arc.
Speaker 18: I mean, I need to get on those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what is the referrals?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Noah's Ark painting from down in the springs.
Speaker 1: They were the couple in the springs. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, but they came up here.
Speaker 5: I remember.
Speaker 1: But they they're not on there Tennessee. They're in Tennessee. They were good.
Speaker 4: God, you know we're still Mark. We're so hurting for good handymen. Honest to God, we really are. Is handyman hubs still on there?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I have.
Speaker 15: A great handyman who let me think what his name is?
Speaker 1: Definitely cool, Kelly, You'll give you the number.
Speaker 4: Think about something. This man delivered babies.
Speaker 1: At one time two thousand plus easily handyman hub. Yeah, an you call. They're good people. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Three oh three, four two seven, twenty nine to fifty five handyman hub.
Speaker 1: That's Bolero. That's the other one. Oh Greg.
Speaker 15: Greg is the name of the guy that I use who's really good.
Speaker 4: Valero is seven tows? Would you Valero? He'll come into den.
Speaker 1: Get a phone number place, Hilario? Will do you have a phone number? Doc?
Speaker 15: I do have a phone number. Three oh three seven two one eight eight four eight. His name is Gregg.
Speaker 1: But what does he do?
Speaker 15: And what does he do everything?
Speaker 1: How'd you find him?
Speaker 15: I've used him for years. He was a handyman for a friend of mine.
Speaker 1: He delivered him. You know you shouldn't. Literally, you gotta be careful. You gotta be careful copying those numbers down from the steam bath. This could be I've known for ten years.
Speaker 12: Tom.
Speaker 15: He's excellent.
Speaker 1: Okay, he met him at this Steed call. He went right over his head anyway. Okay, we got more, We got more coming right up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're is only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three three seven one three talks seven O three two five five Mark, let's talk about this uh truck repair or a comment has.
Speaker 1: Left the building.
Speaker 7: Doc, it's a caller named Mark.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Hey, yea, so buddy, to make sure that Doc has his meds? Hey Mark, what's going on with you?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 14: Not too much.
Speaker 25: I was listening to your show earlier about the guy with the aluminum body for truck, and it's not that bodies. Most of it's not because body shots can't work on them. You go into a body shop. Most your cars are made of steel, and you're grinding on steel and getting iron filings. Well, you bringing okay, body truck man, and you're grinding on aluminum. If you mix aluminum and iron filings together, you've got a bomb. What Yes, google it Google mixing aluminum and iron filings together.
Speaker 11: You have to have this.
Speaker 1: Material is called thermite. And then what does it do? Well?
Speaker 4: If you took aluminum like aluminum dusts are filings and steel and put them.
Speaker 1: Together, what would happen thermite? Would it be like differential metals having electrolytic ring?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 17: No, you still have to ignite it. It's very very difficult to ignite it. But when you do, it will burn and it will melt through steel ol metro area. That's what That's how they do underwater welding. The use thermal.
Speaker 1: That is that what you're talking about, Mark, They.
Speaker 15: Have to have magnesium.
Speaker 25: Why body shops have to have separate areas these different vehicles?
Speaker 1: Really very I had no freaking idea.
Speaker 25: It's very expensive to add a separate area to do you know, Audias Fords, anything with aluminum parts, you have to keep them separated.
Speaker 4: Here's another thing I want to ask. Isn't it very very difficult to to weld aluminum? No, you welled aluminum, but I hear it's really I hear it's really difficult because.
Speaker 5: Why I think it's easier to weld aluminum if you're set up.
Speaker 1: For it well because the lower temps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it flows better.
Speaker 25: Yeah, you can use a spool welder. You can do tig welding.
Speaker 5: The tig is really cool with illuminuminum.
Speaker 4: In any case aluminum. How many cars have aluminum panels?
Speaker 25: I know, Audi, I know, uh, the Chevrolet Bolt, the earlier models had aluminum hoods.
Speaker 4: Aren't more and more cars though going to composites and plastics.
Speaker 25: I don't think so. On the X Terrier, you know anxterior there now and the xterior they're you know, steel or aluminum. But they'll do composites for reall liners and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: Hey, Mark, I have a question for you. If you have pure aluminum, pure iron, it won't burn because as far as I know, I just looked it up, you need an oxide of metal.
Speaker 1: So you would need.
Speaker 10: Iron oxide, magnesium or magnesium oxide because you have to have some some source of oxygen. So just iron filings and aluminum filings would not have any oxygen to burn.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but if you're grinding, you're using usually an oxide disc.
Speaker 10: Well, but the filings wouldn't have enough oxide just from filing it down. It would have to be an iron oxide that you're grinding down.
Speaker 25: Yeah, But if you're using an aluminum oxide standing disc, you've got inside, you've got oxides in the disk.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you something when you're actually doing the work, could it explode?
Speaker 1: It can't, right, Doesn't it have to be ignited pretty heavily?
Speaker 25: I believe so. I just I have a good friend who's a body man, and he's commented that in their body shop they had to have two separate areas for them just because of that that fact.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's that's strange. Well, thank you for that little known fact. But I think it's more or less. I mean, I understand that they might have to have separate shop areas and all of that, but also, when you think about it, it's a skill level. Aluminum is more difficult to work on than steal and you can't body fill it as easy, ken you Kevin, I don't think you can use fillers.
Speaker 5: On a limb. Sure, it's a lot of replacement.
Speaker 4: And I was always told, although you just said no, I was always told it is much more difficult to weld.
Speaker 1: But you don't think so, No.
Speaker 5: I like welding ILLUMINU. If I had the twos between the two, Wow, Yeah, it's just okay. Tow trucks they had the aluminum flatbeds are always welding something on them, and it's just it's I found them much simpler, you know, with the right setup.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to mention that Sheridan Auto Tech he's been our guest today.
Speaker 1: We have such a crazy show.
Speaker 4: But Sheridan Autotech dot com does pre buy inspections on used cars and we're always talking about that.
Speaker 1: God, it's well worth it.
Speaker 4: And you can always get Kevin when he's not here at three zero three, four five five seventy two forty two. That's Sheridan auto tech dot com. All right, don't forget people. If you need to get in touch with me at all, you can always text me directly seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 1: Save all your problems for me.