Speaker 1: Welcome to dorky Out. My name is Sonia Mansfield and Regulators maun Um. Joining me is my podcasting sister from Another Mister and the Coast of dorkying Out. Margot d Hello, my friend.
Speaker 2: Uh, hello, my friend. I was gonna sing Blaze of Glory, but then I had to realize, like, oh no, that's the second movie. I think everybody does that.
Speaker 1: I think we Yeah, I just assume that songs for both movies. But you are correct, it's in the second one. But I don't care. That's fine, go ahead sing it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, thanks, No, nobody needs to hear that.
Speaker 1: No, we are dorkying out. About nineteen eighty eight Young Guns, directed by Christopher Caine, written by John Fusco, and its stars Saint Elmo's Cowboys. Basically, that's exactly what's happening here. It's Emilio Estevez, Keeper Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips. He looks so, he looks so good in this movie. I didn't appreciate him, and I did not in eighty eight the way I do now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh I did. But he's ages like a fine wine. He looks. He still looks great.
Speaker 1: Correct, Charlie Sheen Dermott mulrooney playing someone named Dirty Steve.
Speaker 2: These names are hilarious.
Speaker 1: Casey Smeco.
Speaker 2: Mosco, it's she Mosco me, Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Haven't looked up how to pronounce.
Speaker 2: I worked with his sister, but a thing long time ago.
Speaker 1: I forgot that he was in this, and he does a really good job.
Speaker 2: He's great. I think they both should be working more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Terrence Stamp Jack Palance is in there. My friend, did you see this in the theater?
Speaker 2: You're goddamn right. I did in nineteen eighty eight. This was this was appointment viewing for me. I saw this, and uh, I because I had a crush on every single one of them. Yes, yes, and I was like, I don't watch enough Westerns. I want to see a modern Western. And I really enjoyed it. Though I have the same I'm gonna complain about the same thing that I usually complained about. It's like, this plot is really confusing. I have no i to who anybody is. I have no idea who the good guys and bad guys are. I don't know if that's the point.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm it is. The The script is actually really repetitive and you're just a little bit because the whole so let's we're going to get into it. I saw it in the theater too, again because I had crushes on almost all of these people, like especially Emilio Estevez, Keeper Sutherland. Yeah, I was all.
Speaker 2: Keifer was big for me at that time because it's also after Lost Boys.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and Keifer playing like a rare like softy, good guy post type. It's like not his usual thing. He usually played real creeps because he's real good at that. Yeah, yeah, I was Meryl. Yes, it was all about this movie when I saw it. The whole movie is it's about Billy the Kid. So it's Billy the Kid and his regulators and they basically are taken All of these guys are taken in by Terrence Stamp who's like an English guy who owns a farm in like eighteen seventy. Yeah, he just talked about Priscilla. He's so again another one who usually seems to play bad guys. Yeah, playing a really good guy. Here he owns land where I think it's like eighteen seventy seven. They're in like Arizona, New Mexico. I forget anyway, it doesn't matter and he I'm like, is he like running a like camp for bad boys. I don't know what he's doing there, but he's taken in all of these like questionable morals, these men with questionable morals and giving them a home and teaching them to read, and they work on the farm. He takes in Emilio Estevez who's playing Billy the Kid, and he's just very nice to them. He's like, they work on his farm, they like all eat together as a family. There, he's teaching them to read. There's all of these things. And then Jack Palance and his crew show up, and Curly Curly shows up with his crew, and he's he wants Terence stamps land and also Terence Stamp owns like a meat shop, and Jack Palance also owns the meat shop. So he's like, there's not room. There's town's not big enough for the pops. Yes, And so they are, you know, exchanging words or whatever, and then he leaves. This happens a lot. It's a lot of like all these different like crews getting together and like talking and then like taking out their guns and pointing them at each other and then separating and going their separate ways. And Terrence Stamp and his crew, like they refer to themselves as the regulators, and they, you know, have a big space, like we regulate any stealing off this property.
Speaker 2: And this is before warm g Yes.
Speaker 1: By the way, this was sampled in the War and G song Regulate, which is a dope song and I listened to right before we started recording. And each of them seems to kind of like have a special skill, like Billy the Kid is like really good with his guns, and Lou Diamond Phillips plays Chavez and he's really good with knives, and Charlie who is Casey with the last name I can't pronounce, is really good with his fists and Dirty Yeah, and like Steve Dirty Steve is really dirty and he is big Ben exactly, and then like Keefer Sutherland is doc who I guess is just he's like really book smart and maybe he went to medical school but he didn't finish or something. And I don't know what Charlie Sheen's special power is, but he's like the leader of the group until he isn't basically, and he wasn't like the biggest star at this time either. He was no platoon. He had done platoon, but like Emilio Estevez was the star for sure, like he was him and Keefer were the big deals in this movie. Well, oh, they all like go to a party together. And while they're it's like a New year z E party, I think, and they're all like dancing and shooting their guns in the air hop. And while they're there, Curlyce shows I'm just gonna call him Curly. Curly shows up and he brings with him like he has this Chinese girl that he's keeping, and it turns out he like took his clothes to the Chinese laundry and they messed up his shirt and then he just fully was like, well, now I'm gonna take your daughter's payment because he's such a fucking monster. And instantly like Keeper Sutherland's doc is like in love, yeah, dancing with her and he's reciting poetry and she's like, uh, I feel really bad for by the actress who plays this woman, her name is Alice Carter. She's beautiful, so beautiful, and I'm so sad that this character's only choices are old man Curly or this broke, dirty cowboy poet. Like this is the plot of the Materialists, by the way, like it's also the plot of that, so you get where it's going here. As they're like heading back to their farm, Curly's men show up and just kill Terrence Stamp And obviously the young guns cannot abide this kind of cold blooded murder, and so they are deputized and told to serve warrants to the people responsible.
Speaker 3: Was it Terry Quinn that deputizes them, yes, okay?
Speaker 1: Or or he gets the sheriff to do it, like he's like, yeah, he's a lawyer in the town and he gets the like a judge, or no, he gets a judge I think actually to do it. And they're supposed to serve these warrants to people. That's the premise.
Speaker 2: You got way more than I did.
Speaker 1: But they don't. What happens is so they start trying to track down the men who are responsible. They already know who's responsible. It's like Curly and his men, and they're trying to track down like the the henchmen that pulled this off. They find one immediately at like some like brothel, and they send Billy in to do it, and they already know that like Billy's a hot head. Yeah, these murdered people I'm like, they know he's gonna kill him, right, because then they seem to be very surprised when he kills him, And I'm like, you you knew what you were doing when you sent in your hot head to like serve a warrant, but they all act very surprised. And there's there's a couple of drinking games you can play with this movie, and one of them is damn it, Billy. Every time someone says damn it, Billy, you could drink and you would get trashed, you might even die. So Billy just starts fully murdering people, and these guys help him. That's that's the movie.
Speaker 2: That's the movie.
Speaker 1: So he murders this guy, they like get on their horses, they run off, and then they all argue about, like, we shouldn't be murdering people. We're supposed to be serving the warrants. Then they track down someone else, Billy murders that person, and then they all run away and then they argue again about we should not be murdering people, Billy, we have to serve these warrants. This happens like four times, right, This is why you're like, what the fuck is this movie about? It's because it's the same thing over and over.
Speaker 2: They Yeah, he never learns his lesson.
Speaker 1: No, and they and they they never learn their lesson because they just do it over and over. And look back in our younger days, we probably all had a Billy in our group, Like we all had someone who acted like an asshole who stirred the pup right, But luckily that person in our life probably didn't have a gun. But these these men just do the same thing over and over. And that's why you're like, what is this movie about. Well, it's about arguing with Billy about killing people instead of serving warrants. That's what happens in this movie.
Speaker 2: And the traumas. They all share their traumas.
Speaker 1: Yes, And there is a scene where they all like Lou Diamond Phillips character Chavez like makes peyote and they all like go on a drug trip. Right, And this is the most unrealistic part of the movie because the Charlie Sheen character doesn't take the drugs. And I was like, no way would Charlie Sheen say no, winning it's this is my tiger blood, Like he could be so into it. So they like, yeah, go on their peyote journey and they're like we're in the spirit world, man, and like all this stuff. I remember thinking that was so hilarious when I was like, yeah, seventeen year old seeing this movie. But now I'm like, yeah, yeah, whatever. But then there's another.
Speaker 2: Same thing in the Doors by the way right, and then Wayne's World two has a Saint where.
Speaker 1: They yes ride the snake Billy the Kid, there's so another one of those incidents happened where they're like, we're going to serve a warrant and then Billy kills someone and it turns into a big shootout and they they but this time, like I think Doc gets shot in the hand, Chavez gets like a scratch or something, but Charlie Sheen's character gets killed, and it's pretty not dramatic at all, Like they're like, oh, well.
Speaker 3: Oh well, yeah he just kind of kills over.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're and they're like oops. So then they ride off and they like gather up again and damn it, Billy again, and then Doc is like I need to ride into town because I need to write Charlie Sheen's mom and let her know that he's dead, and hey, maybe i'll pick up some bandages while I'm there, and they're like, that's cool. They are wanted by the law. They are wanted now, they have like drawings of them in the papers. All these different bounty hunters are searching for them, and they continue to just like ride into towns and then get into gunfights with people. Doc goes into town immediately finds the Chinese girl Yen and like tries to make a big move again, and she's like, yeah, I like you, but I'm like again, these are her options, right, you know the only feat there's like two women in this movie, and one of them is a Chinese woman who's held captive and a lawyer's wife who actually gets to slap someone. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember the time being impressed by that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's a boys club.
Speaker 1: It's just definitely a boys club. Yeah, which is fine. It's a Western and that's Look, we have several more years until Bad Girls comes.
Speaker 2: Out, right, and we'll get to that one day.
Speaker 1: Yes, we will get to that one So he he rides into town, he's like doing his thing, and then they argue again about stop killing people, Billy and getting revenge isn't right, and then lou Diamond Phillips gets to give a big speech about how his whole reservation was slaughtered. He does a good job in the scene, and I think he says, like, I just want to go to California. I'm the last of my bloodline. I want to keep it going. And I just wrote in my notes, let me know where you end up. I'll meet you there, sir. But again they like then they just go into another town and they like kill a bunch of people. Why because Billy wants to.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Billy's a sociopath. Yeah, they can't seem to. And and he has like a likable giggle that that you know that that Estevas is like really proud of like he uses it all the time. And and after a while it's like this guy's just as he sees.
Speaker 3: You got to get rid of him. We cannot, you can't associate with this guy.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be bad news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's the the movie wants us to like Billy the kid. We're I think he's cool, and we're supposed to get while all the other guys are following him.
Speaker 2: He's rebellious, that's how he's presented. And it's like, no, he's kind of an asshole. I mean he's a psycho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a total psycho. And there's I know, like people really did like Emilio Estevez's performance in this movie back in the day. It got pretty good reviews for that, and I watch it now and I'm like, it's actually pretty one note. He is just playing crazy the whole time, Like, even when they're in super dangerous situations, he is like, ha, isn't this fun? You know, it's like, yeah, we're gonna get it, let's kill some people. Yeah, Like, and it's played for fun, for laughs, and not played in the serious way that this guy's a fucking psycho, and it's not treated that way. I don't right now.
Speaker 2: Billy the Kid, and that's been like an issue with Westerns and who they choose, you know, famous outlaws and how they're presented, like Butch Cassie and the Sundance Kid and Billy the Kid. In very famous Brady Bunch episode where I think it was Billy the Kid where Bobby Brady becomes obsessed with him and then he meets an old guy that his family was killed by him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't remember that one. Oh, it's one of the bunch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was one of the early Brady Bunch. And then of course we have to think of Bill and Ted's excellent adventure when they bring back Billy the Kid, of course, which is my favorite of the Billy the Kid. Yes performances.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, good job Margo on that pool. That is a much better Billy the Kid. But there's a like again, they they like go into another town because they're like, we're all going to get killed, and Charlie's like, well, if we're all going to get killed, then I need to go get laid. So they're like, that's cool, let's all just head back into town where everybody wants is dead so that Charlie can get laid. And then he doesn't even get laid. He just goes in and he's like I just like to hold you, ma'am, and I'm like so wholesome. And they're all hanging out at the bar and there's this like very arrogant, like bounty hunter type. It's like, I'm here to kill Billy the Kid, and Billy the Kid Amelia Westavez just messes with him and then fully blows him away in the bar and everyone's like, what are.
Speaker 3: You gonna do.
Speaker 1: Oh, Billy, you troublemaker. You'll never guess what happens After that, they argue again about getting revenge and how it's not the thing that they should be doing, and like maybe we should all just head to Mexico. And so they go to Mexico, where they then argue again about whether or not they're gonna get rid of and then for some reason, Charlie marries a local woman that he met for five minutes. He then gets married and she literally sobs when he's leaving, and I'm like, y'all have been there for fifteen minutes. But that's fine. I love a wedding too, It's very fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So that and for some reason, like Pat Garrett shows up, They'll like soon to be famous sheriff shows up and like Warren's Billy, like all these men are gonna kill you. It's like, no, fucking duh, Pat Barrett, Pat Garrett, we already know. And they try to get charged. They're like Charlie, maybe you don't come with us, maybe you stay with your new wife, and he's like n NA, like I'm all for revenge now. So then they like go back again to kill people, and I think it's to protect Terry o'quinn's character, who's the lawyer. I guess they heard that he's going to be killed and they don't want him to be killed. But then all they do is put him in harm's way when they show up and they're all trapped in the lawyer's house and they are surrounded by like all these henchmen, an army, like a crooked army.
Speaker 2: I guess you've retained way more than I did.
Speaker 1: I took notes, y'all, because I really do my best. And then Curly shows up with the woman, the Chinese woman that he just calls China, by the way, he doesn't even call her by her name. He's like China because China's like, hey, I'd rather be with young hot Keefer than this dirty old man. So she immediately like runs into the house to be.
Speaker 2: With him, and he's.
Speaker 1: They'd set a fire. They set fire to the house to like get them to come out, and I guess it works, Like eventually they come out and they with their guns ablaze, and they kill a whole bunch of people, and that includes Charlie gets killed, right Dirty Steve gets killed.
Speaker 3: But Kenny Kenny gets killed. Yes, uh, and do right away.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the Wikipedia. Yes, the only way I could keep up.
Speaker 1: Yes, So they yeah, Doc and Yen get away, Chavez gets away, Billy the Kid gets away, and for some reason, the Lawyer dies in the most graphic, brutal way in the whole fucking movie. They unleash like a like a machine gun, like a gatling gun in the Lawyer and he dies in the most gruesome like like he's the villain or something, And I'm like, the Lawyer isn't even like a major character. He doesn't deserve the shitty death. And yeah, then like Billy the Kid like puts a bullet in Curly's head and he's like, you know, he says, I forget what he says? Did I write it down? Like you know, he probably says like justice has served her, like now you're under rest or revenge accomplished. Who knows what he says? Something ooverage.
Speaker 2: I don't know if cou't are on my eighties movies like.
Speaker 1: Who knows what he yells? And then they all go to sane Elmo's Fire for a drink. No, it's like it ends, Yeah, it ends with an epilogue where they explained that like Doc and Yen, like he he rescues like her whole family apparently, like that's what the movie says. I don't think that's what really happened in real life. But he like gets with her and like gathers up her whole family and they're like all together. And then like Chavez has run off to California. I'm gonna meet him later for drinks. And then Billy the Kid is you know, eventually killed by Pat Garrett, which I should watch like a Billy the Kid Pat Garrett movie. There's multiple yeah, and that's the end. It doesn't end with Blaze of Glory like I thought, because that's the second one. But I watched this movie a lot when I was younger because it was on TBS like all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was on the background at parties and stuff like that. Sure, So that's part of my confusion. I mean, I think a lot of this stuff I remember, like the you know, certain scenes, But it's just when I try to think of like a cohesive narrative, like what is the whole point of this movie? And at the whole point of the movie is to just get hot young guys shooting guns, for sure, they were trying.
Speaker 1: Westerns were definitely not cool anymore. And you know, they made so many Westerns, like especially in like the fifties, I feel like it's like a ton of Westerns.
Speaker 2: It was cheaper because they could film out in the deserts of California and Arizona. So yeah, that was there were a lot of Western story enough in the hills, you know, in Los Angeles around the area, like up in the hills, like that's where they filmed Mash and Little House in the Prairie. Like they could also film those westerns, and so they were really popular in the fifties and sixties. Like gun Smoke was like on the air for like fourteen years or something. Ridiculous. Yeah, but then like there was Clint Eastwood had his you know, a couple of Westerns, but it'd been while there's not a lot of like a in America. There's not like there was. There was a big, you know urge for it, like in the fifties and sixties after World War Two, you know, that whole thing, but it's been a while and it wasn't there wasn't one for our It's a gen x Cowboy movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, this was definitely like, we're not your father's Western wing, right they say.
Speaker 2: A boomer Western. This is different.
Speaker 1: Exactly that, and you know it kind of worked that. I guess it's yeah, but what is it? But what is it about? Yes, it's exactly about like they shoot people, then they argue about it. Then they shoot some more people and they argue about it. They shoot some more people, and they argue.
Speaker 2: About it, and they're constantly dirty, and it's constantly filmed in dark spaces, so sometimes I can't figure out what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's something necessary eighty slow motion if you're a big fan of that. This movie definitely has that. A lot of that. Actually, it's got one of those great openings too, where it's like here's your hot throat, your heart throbs ladies like like slow motion them like pulling their little masks down, and they're like so beautiful and handsome and all those.
Speaker 2: Things and young they're so yeah they're young gun.
Speaker 1: They're young guns. Margot, who's your favorite young gun?
Speaker 2: Oh it would be key Forer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I really like I really like lou Diamond Phillips in this one. I think he's he's hunky. Yeah, but he's I think he's even better looking now. To be honest, he looks great.
Speaker 2: I was telling you off the air. I follow Luf Dilond Phillips on Instagram and he's a cat guy. And at night he's home and he takes pictures and it sees like four or five cats and they're all like yeah, and they're all like.
Speaker 3: Hanging out with them on his couch watching TV. And that's what he loves to do.
Speaker 1: I also love to do those things me too. Call me sir.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think he's taken. I think he's on his third marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, that's fine. No, I'm good. I heard that they are currently filming A Young Guns three what and I will absolutely watch it. I will watch it.
Speaker 2: Who are they going to get for that?
Speaker 1: It's all of it's the I think a bunch of them are returning. Actually, I'll look it up right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, A Young Gun's three. Like, uh, let's see younger.
Speaker 1: Guns, even younger guns. Ooh, it's called young guns are alive?
Speaker 2: Are alive? I see this. Okay, we're looking at the same time.
Speaker 1: Christian Slater Emilia he's directing it.
Speaker 2: Too, and wrote it interesting and I hope it's better than Men at Work. That was a movie he wrote.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Christian Slater, Lou Diamond, Phillips is in it.
Speaker 3: All right, Bob kept under wraps.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm like, well, he's playing Billy the Kid. How under wraps? Can it possibly be?
Speaker 2: He can't play Billy the Kid because Billy the Kid is No, he's playing William Oh is that Billy? Yeah? It must be right, but he's like in his sixties and Billy the Kid died and he was like twenty two or something like. It's he died very very young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe this is an alternate universe, or maybe they're going to do a whole thing like what if Billy the Kid didn't die?
Speaker 2: He lived to be an old man, lived to be an old man and raised his own boys to shoot the shit out of people for no reason.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe ah.
Speaker 2: Wah, yeah, where is this movie? Let's get it?
Speaker 3: Well, isn't there there was a Young Gun's TV series?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: I never watched the TV series. I remember seeing the second one and liking the second one too, But as I told Margo before we started recording, like I wasn't willing to pay for it.
Speaker 2: When it was yeah, it's streaming on Amazon for free. We were gonna do something else. I'm like, I don't want to pay for shit. I want to like, it's got to be streaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So we're all good. I read that Sean Penn was originally offered the role of Billy the Kid, and I'm like, yeah, he might have been fine.
Speaker 2: He's always good. Let's be clear, He's always committed. But it's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Patrick Swayze was offered one of the roles too. He was offered let's see Charlie.
Speaker 2: Sheen's role, but he was filming Roadhouse probably at that time.
Speaker 1: Well, then he definitely made the right shoes.
Speaker 2: He made the right choice. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. My sister and I were chatting the other day and she's like, I showed uh. She was showing her daughter Dirty Dancing because she had never seen it, Lucy, who's seventeen, and they and she loved it. And then she was like, have you ever seen Roadhouse? And then they watched Roadhouse and I was like, I fucking love Roadhouse. We've done an episode on Roadhouse already, and I'm like, I unronically Love Roadhouse.
Speaker 3: There's a lot that's wrong with that movie, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Yeah, it's so great, it's so fun.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm like, I love. If you haven't heard our episode on Roadhouse, I strongly encourage you go back and listen to it. We had an amazing time talking about Roadhouse, but damn love Roadhouse. Do you want to hear about some of the other I wrote down some eighties and nineties westerns. Oh good, yes, Okay, First we have Silverado that it's great movie. It's a really that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember really enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. Pale Rider, never seen it. That is a Clint Eastwood one nineteen eighty five, Rustler's Rhapsody.
Speaker 2: Never seen it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the one with Tom Behringer, and it's like spoofing westerns. Lust in the Dust, I ever seen it. That's the one with Divide Mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was gonna say it's a John Waters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I actually hear. Really, I've never seen Lust in the Dust, but I've heard some good things, and I wonder if I would like maybe I wouldn't have liked it when I was fourteen. I think I might like it now, so I should watch it.
Speaker 2: The Three Amigos, it's a okay, does it hold up like funny wise? Is it going to be as humorous? I don't know. I liked the three of them so much at that time. Yes, and especially Martin Short.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will, yeah, exactly same. I don't. There are a lot of people that have like nostalgia glasses for that movie. They watched it a gazillion times on like the USA Network. I totally get it. I get but when I saw it in the theater, I was like, that's all right, Like I was, Okay, here's our nineties, our nineties westerns unforgiven. I love it so good. We did an episode on this one, The Quicken the Dead. Great movie, so great, Bad Girls.
Speaker 2: We're definitely going to do it one day.
Speaker 1: Yes, we definitely should.
Speaker 2: Maverick, Yeah, that's a disappointment for me. I know some people love Maverick, but I'm sort of yeah about it.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the mel Gibson, James Garner, Jody Foster very miscast in that movie very much.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people love I don't see what they see.
Speaker 2: But and then, yeah, people really love it. I don't. Yeah, I'm the same way. I feel like it's miscast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love James Garner like I do too, and yeah, but yeah, and then this counts as a Western Back to the Future three.
Speaker 2: I know I liked it. I think I've only seen it once or twice. Yeah, I really like the first one so much. I don't really like the others as much. I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first one is such a perfect it's.
Speaker 2: Such a perfect movie. I know. I just love every frame of that movie. It's just perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like the second one is an interesting experiment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not as fun. It's not as fun exactly.
Speaker 1: And then the third one, I was like, well, this is fun, but it's not even remotely comparable to the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so those are our movies.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So do you want to hear about the top ten songs for the week this came out?
Speaker 2: It was like August something or other, nineteen eighty eight. Okay, this is a good list.
Speaker 3: Number ten Johnny Kemp just Got Paid.
Speaker 1: I love that song, Still just Got Paid Friday.
Speaker 2: Uh, you'll love this.
Speaker 3: Number nine Richard Marx Hold on to the Night.
Speaker 2: I love Richard, that's Sonya's jam. I love this one. Number eight George Michael Monkey, I loved oh Well.
Speaker 1: I love that whole album like it was.
Speaker 2: An excellent faith Yeah. Number seven Chicago, I Don't want to Live Without Your Love. They did these really sappy ballads.
Speaker 1: I didn't. Chicago's not my well, the city's great, the band not so much to me.
Speaker 2: I like, there's early seventies stuff like Saturday at.
Speaker 3: The Park, Yeah Park, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That stuff is good, but for me, like the Yeah, it's it's not my favorite. Okay.
Speaker 3: Number six Elton John, I don't want.
Speaker 2: To go on with you like that. Oh it was kind of in a Yeah, it's a fine, it's an okay song. It's not It's not like if I.
Speaker 3: See him live, I'm like, please play this.
Speaker 2: You know. It was fine.
Speaker 1: That is probably someone's favorite song, but I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: It's like I went to see Paul McCartney years and years ago, like early nineties at Berkeley, and that's the first time I heard Shnead O'Connor. Nothing compares to you. It was like the most amazing atmosphere. But Paul McCartney, like they're playing songs, and my friend's husband was such a douchebag.
Speaker 1: He kept saying spies like US spies.
Speaker 2: People. After a while like okay, that was funny an hour ago, like shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Look, everyone's gonna make that joke. When I went to see Prince, a total stranger next to me was like, what song are you hoping that he sings? And I was like, bad dance. Yeah, you know, it's like and then you let the joke go, you let it go, you do it the one time, man, you let it go ye. And then I was just I was like, I really want to hear blank, you know, but yeah, he sounds like yeah committed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was committed to that bit. And it was kind of her harshing people's mellow. But whatever. Number five Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine two three.
Speaker 1: I thought the rhythm was going to get me there for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was big. She was the eighties. They were huge. H he's somebody else who was huge, and then never heard from again. Number four and I loved this album Terrence Trent Darby, Sign your Name.
Speaker 1: I still listened to the song Mashine well all the time, like it's on It's on one of my playlists. I thought he was so talented.
Speaker 2: That album was great. I used to listen. I was on cassette. I listened to it all the time. And he he promoted himself as like on par with the Beatles Sergeant Peppers with this first album, which probably wasn't a smart idea. Yeah, showed him to be a little let egotistical. Yeah. Number three talking about dirty dancing, Eric Carman make Me Lose Control.
Speaker 1: Oh is that from that soundtrack? I know it's I don't think it's on the soundtrack. But Eric Carmon had like a big resurgence after dancing. He did Hungry Eyes and then Yeah, and then he'd released a new album and that song was on it.
Speaker 2: Right because he was at the Raspberries in the seventies. And then's okay number two, Oh god, this song Breathe Hands to Heaven. It's just wow.
Speaker 3: That's like this ballace that they it's it's a mall song.
Speaker 2: It would you would hear it all.
Speaker 1: That's a great way to describe it.
Speaker 2: In the mall parking lot. You would hear it like you could hear it everywhere and number one. Steve Wynn would roll with it.
Speaker 1: He had his own little I was so into Steve Would.
Speaker 3: I loved that album back in the high life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I still love the song higher Love.
Speaker 2: I was like a song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh but I love that song. I was a fan. No, is he still alive?
Speaker 2: He's still alive? He was, Yeah, he was with the Spencer Davis group. It was like seventeen, give me.
Speaker 3: Some lie on it.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, okay, remember that? God else are you dorky out about my friend?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: On HBO, I don't have to say Max anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thrilled about that. On HBO The Gilded Age. I loved this episode. It was it made you know, it's upsetting. Yes, Gladys gets married. We knew she was going to she's got to go, you know, the path of Consuela Svanderbilts. But it was upsetting. It was upsetting, and it was so that's uh Carrie Coon's daughter, and.
Speaker 3: It's uh Tessa Farmiga, yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, and she plays her and she's great, and she's marrying this yuts, this flor Borough. Because they used.
Speaker 1: To do perfect word, that's the perfect description, what a yuts.
Speaker 2: He's a yuts. He's this guy. He's got just zero charisma. Zero. But and I'm not the actor, by the way, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure as I'm sure he's lovely.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's a cool guy. But it's it's a thing that happened like in these English manners where these people had these titles but they were losing money. And then they had these robber barons in America were like, we have money but no class. Here's an idea. Well, your son married my daughter and I'll give you, you know, one hundred ky and she'll be now the duchess and right and blah blah blah. And so a lot of these marriages happened, and here was the thing, like you could get divorced if you wanted to. They get a lot of them. Some of them stayed together, but some of them. Quinzuela did leave. But yeah, she does. She does get married because that's what her mother wants and her father's probably gonna lose his money any minute now, so this is a way for them to keep their their standing. I was very intrigued on social media, you know, when I go to the recaps and tiktoks and stuff, and people talking about and read it about it, and you know, at the very end of the show, Glattice is with her new husband and he's like, uh so, you know, like there's something that we have to do. Give you a head Did your mom get to give your heads up about that? She's like, yeah, I hear. It's gonna hurt, but then it'll be better. He goes, yeah, you know, it'll be embarrassing, but we'll get over it. And she's like okay. And a lot of people were like, there's no consent going on here. It's like he's he's just taking advantage of Like what do you think is happening at this time? Like, well, it's a contract, like they're they're there to make air and despair like this.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, well that's the gig. There is consent. She's there. I don't look, she didn't really want to marry this person. She did this no so right, but but she made the choice to do it. Like her dad was like, I got you if you want to bail, but like it's gonna be ugly and messy if you do that. She chose to do it. He explains to her, like we're going to do this thing. She and I of course she's like, well, aren't you tired? Maybe you know, we just wait or whatever, you know, and he's like, no, no, I'm down to fuck now. And she's like okay, like there's consent there. She doesn't want to do it, but she's still doing it.
Speaker 2: Right, And it's it's just a different time. It's like just not a thing that people talked about or it wasn't a consideration. Wasn't it consideration like thirty years ago, to be honest with you, like a lot of movies.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's still people that are like, you, you can't say no to your husband when right sex, or there's no such thing as marital rape right those things, but obviously there is. I don't think that's what I didn't take it.
Speaker 2: I didn't either, But maybe we're a different generation. I think it's like the gen Zers who are a little bit more like because I'm like, I'm just also very practical. I'm like, well, yeah, they're part of the deal is they have to have kids, they have to have an air and a spar like that's just yeah, yeah, that's why they're getting married. So there's only one way in eighteen eighty whatever they're getting married to have a baby. That was it.
Speaker 1: Also, it's a shit It is a shitty situation and she doesn't want to do it, but she's gonna do it anyway because it feels that she has to right, so yes, and that way it is really fucking shitty. And also, by the way, the show isn't like this is the way to do it.
Speaker 2: It's not romanticizing it at all. We're all meant to understand. Like, and she's on the ship going away from Brooklyn to you know, it's leaving New York to London, like she's gone, like they're not going to hear from her for months, like she's given up her life. So she's kind of like, all right, well this is this is what it's going to be.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm so sad for her. And the whole thing was just so yeah, it just really was. It was stressing me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his bitchy sister was there, and you know, she's going to be a tyrant when she deals with So now it's going to be in England and New York, which I think is interesting, and also in Rhode Island it probably not know in Newport. I love the story about the black Americans and the and the the two different classes, and we have Felicia Rashad being a total bitch and two our lovely young couple that we want to be rooting them to get together. But then it's almost like, you know, do you really want to get with this guy because if this is where his parents are and just outright rude.
Speaker 3: So Dr McDonald, how dare you?
Speaker 1: How dare you? I said good day?
Speaker 2: I said good dasa, like just the way they speak to Audra McDonald. I mean, it's just but I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's soapy, it's gotta it's but I still love it.
Speaker 2: It was it is.
Speaker 1: Soapy, but that's great, Like it's so it's fun to watch, it's beautiful to look at. Like I also love this stuff with the like what's going on downstairs? So there's like, yes, the upstairs downstairs. So that's the chef that pretended to be French, who isn't actually French. His wife recently passed away. He wanted to marry like the other like the house maid or house whatever her role is. I forget. Yeah, yeah, And it turns out that she's actually already married to someone who's in like mental decline and and.
Speaker 2: Then there's the kid who's like developed a clock. He invented a clock, an alarm clock, and he with the kid a guy across the street. Yeah, they found buyers sports. So now he's like got a shitload of money. But he's like, okay, but what they're like, they're gonna take the invention and just run with it, like they're just give him this one payout. And he's so sweet. He's like, I don't have a family, I don't have anywhere to go, Like what am I going to do every day?
Speaker 3: He really is like what am I going to do tomorrow?
Speaker 2: What is my purpose?
Speaker 1: He's not rich, he doesn't know right, Like I forget. Is he get thirty thousand, three hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Three thousand, like million millions?
Speaker 1: Millions?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, Like he's set. He's completely set for life. And he's like, I'd rather just be downstairs with y'all because you're my family, Like this is where this is the only place I've felt at home. And so he's going to do that for a while ever.
Speaker 1: Real thing, though, there's people who inherit a lot of money or they even people who like win the lottery and shit, and they're like yeah, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very real. And that's and people go crazy because they that's when they start spending too much money or they just they just they get very secluded because they don't you know, they're not forced to like go out and meet people or you know. Yeah, it be I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna hook up with I forget her name.
Speaker 2: She's Meryl Streep's daughter. She's living with Christine Baranski.
Speaker 1: And I think you think the clock guy's gonna hook up with Marian? Yeah? Oh see, I think the well her and the boy across the street are like in love, you don't think, But.
Speaker 2: I think I don't think he's trustworthy. I don't trust him because I don't think Bertha's gonna go for it.
Speaker 1: I definitely don't think she's gonna go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bertha, I think is gonna like put the koba. And then what's gonna go on with Bertha and her husband Because the old maid that used to work for them, that married the rich guy, now he's either dead or declining, so she's gonna come into some money.
Speaker 1: And Bertha's been acting like such a bitch her husband's Yeah, her husbands and they're not sleeping in the same room. So mm hmmm, it's so sophy, so fun, it's so good.
Speaker 2: Opposite of that is and just like that, here's your weekly update. So y'all I do that. They did. They put out a thirty two minute episode. Normally they're like forty to forty five minutes. And the rumor is that the character of Aiden, played by John Corbett, is so unlikable and such a douchebag, and there's been such an outcry. Like Sarahjisca Parker cannot do enough podcast interviews like make up for and she looks miserable when she's doing them. She looks like, I don't you know. She says. She's the executive produce, one of the executive producers. She says she's never seen the show. She never saw Sex in the City when it was out back in the day. Problem, she never saw the movies. And she's like a problem. It's a huge fucking problem. And it's enough people tell you, you know, the house is on fire, maybe go check and see if it's on fire. Like it's just like, at some point it is the problem. It's not just it's our crave, your job. It's your job. It's literally the job. Yeah, but I think Michael Patrick King is just also I think just boomer older like hates women. I don't know, it's just so yeah. So Aiden who he's had the son wyant that he wouldn't get medicine for. The kid is ADHD and probably on the spectrum. And then the kid says, oh, I want to go to this outward bound like this outdoor camp thing. And then the day they're going to take them to the camp like is in Montana where they have all those like nowadays, we know they're bad places to send your kids because your kids went up abuse there.
Speaker 1: It depends on what where you're going. But yeah, there's the ones where they're sending kids as punishment. Those are, yes, yeah, that's fucking bad news.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like a lot of them are. Because he's a you know, they're they're saying that he's a problem with his attitude. So he so then when they take him to the airport, apparently he had a melt down. He didn't want to go. They forced him to go, and then Aiden slept with the ex wife and then he tells Carrie and Carrie's like, oh, I understand totally. Just I'm not kidding you. Oh god. He also breaks her window. She's more upset about the window on her door than the fact that he stooped his ex wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's because that's how a normal person behaves.
Speaker 2: She's she's Carrie's insane. So he goes back home, and then his whole deal with Carrie is like, she gives him a key to the house. She says, you come here anytime you want. You and your boys, they're always welcome here. So he's like, great, I'm never going to tell you when I'm coming, and I'll never tell you how long I'm staying. I'm just gonna come up. Because he's a control freak. He's still man from twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Yes, not how people behave. No, not normal, it's not.
Speaker 2: So he shows up and he's like, brings extra luggage with him, and he's like, hey, so you know, I'm gonna stay with you for a while because everybody's gone at my ranch in Virginia because he has no friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and why so, yeah, I'm not fucking the ex wife.
Speaker 2: So here we are. He gets together with Carrie and he finds out that she has the downstairs neighbor who's the British guy writing about Mark with thatcher, and he's jealous immediately, like he knows something he's so they have sex. They're spooning, and then she says, Oh, I gotta go downstairs. I'm going to meet with a neighbor because they're both writing books. We're going to exchange chapters and give each other notes. And it's a big deal that this guy is a very successful author that he's giving her notes. Right. So she's just about to go and he's like, well, how long are you going to be and she's like, I don't know, like an hour, maybe two hours.
Speaker 3: It's you know, it just spends. And he goes, oh. And then he starts checking his phone and goes, h why it still hasn't.
Speaker 2: Gotten back to me? And he starts pouting. She's like, what's wrong? And he says why. It says he wants to live with his mother now, and why does everybody hate me? Why am I such a bad guy all of a sudden? When did I turn into a bad guy? And she goes, you know what, she says, you know what, I'm going to cancel with this guy ten minute. It's notice she's supposed to like go there, I'll cancel with him, and you and I are going to go to dinner. He's so manipulative, he's so like controlling and manipulative, and she's so man centered, like she's so stuck on this idea because Big died. That was her big love. He died on her, you know, and people are, can we get him on a peloton because that's how Big died. He's a peloton, Carrie, get a peloton in that house? Like he's just terrible. And the other stories I'm not even going to get into because they're just ridiculous. But they had this really.
Speaker 3: Choppy like the editing's bad, nobody makes sense.
Speaker 1: And it was only thirty minutes fucking terrible it is.
Speaker 2: And it's like and you're like, this used to be fun to watch all these actors play these characters. Even if I didn't agree with what they were doing, it was fun or it was it was captivating, like I was invested. You know, Samantha had menopause, Samantha went through cancer like Samantha, you know all that stuff. You know, Miranda didn't know if she wanted to get married. She got pregnant and she was like I don't want a wedd ail and had utility problems yet yeah like they yeah, so they all had their thing and so you really invested it. And then it's like all their personality and their quirk and everything, it's gone, like without Samantha there, there's like no, well.
Speaker 1: I'll say, it's just this shit's not cute when you're in your fifties and sixties. This isn't cute. No, it's not funny. It's not funny to me that like that. He just fucking shows up and all stu as long as they want or I won't yeah, or I'm going to sleep with my ex wife and she's like that's cool. Like that's not cute.
Speaker 2: It's not cute. It makes no sense. I mean everybody. Yeah, so when people talk about it, like I don't know anybody you talk. I mean sometimes she gets somebody goes, I thought this was fun or that was fun in an episode, which is whatever. Nobody ever says this is such a good show, but you can't stop watching it because you're like I keep thinking it's going to turn a corner, Like they're gonna have an episode where they're going to write this ship and they're going to figure things out, but they put Yeah, but they put in characters that nobody cares about, and they don't really care that the steaks are really low. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: So anyway, No, sir, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Noleky Uh. There's a there's a true crime show on there called a Killer among Friends. So it's like a series of shows about one of their friends. I watched one of those, Billy Joel. There's a documentary Kelly Joel. I'm going to start that tomorrow. He Turnstiles album. He put Billy Joel recorded one of his albums at my uncle's studio in Long Island. Yeah, so it was called Turnstiles. It was really good. Real quick. There's Amazon. There's The Better Sister.
Speaker 1: I love The Better Sister.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I'm not done with it yet, but I'm probably enjoying it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I've got like three episodes left, but I'm really into it. I like them as together, especially Elizabeth Banks and Jessica Biel.
Speaker 1: They're great.
Speaker 2: They're great together, and I thought they were really good.
Speaker 1: I started watching. I watched the first episode of Sirens, and I was like, I like these people, but I don't like the tone and right, I was like, I don't think this is for me. And then you know, when I was looking on Amazon and there's a show called The Better Sister. These things are kind of about the same things about like sisters and money and all. There's different things involved, but they're they're very similar that way, And so I watched all of The Better Sister in like two days. I was like, this is very watchable. Yeah, and they're really good in it. I'm glad you're watching that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm almost done with it. That's really good. And then I was obsessed with of course everybody was. This week the cold Play push an HR person he resigned from his job today. You know, it's a Saturday afternoon dump, which is a new one for me. Usually there's the Friday afternoon news dump in the summer.
Speaker 1: This one's tricky because, as everybody knows, I have no empathy for cheaters. I'm like, they can kick rocks. But and also like she is HR at that job. Yep, So because part of me is like, I don't know if the dude needs to be losing his job, but like he's the boss and she is HR.
Speaker 2: There's they are two very high positions in a company. And if you have a problem with either one of those things, are you gonna say? Who are you gonna talk to? You're gonna go to? I mean, these people can do whatever the hell it. I can understand, especially because he has an advisory board that he has to answer to, and they have to be you have to be trustworthy, like you can't have any scan. People are not gonna put billions of dollars into your company if there's a scandal going on with it, especially if it's not a sexy A question your judgment. They question your judgment if you're gonna you know, you're a married man and you're stripping the h and then her judgment like especially you know, like you're out of HR like this is a you know and you know. And also I'm reading about people like other companies that he's worked at, that he's an asshole. So they're all like celebrating this. But I loved it when you sent me the Phillies you know mascot, the male and female mascot.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen it, y'all. At the Phillies game, they're doing like the kiss cam. Yeah, baseball game, they do the kiss cam all the time. I've been at many games where the kiss cam is the thing, and they cut to like the Phillies mascot and there's like a lady mascot too, and like they're together, and then they like Philly fanatic, Yeah, the Philly fanatic, and they like jump apart and they're trying to It's very very silly. I And I'm also enjoying all the memes that are going around.
Speaker 2: I look like, yeah, the winner of this is Coldplay, like Chris Martin Coldplay. Really like you want to go to a cold Play show now because you just don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We and we discussed this in the in the what a Cree Facebook group. This came up. Someone shared something and people because I guess there's like a false statement going or a statement that's maybe not written by him, and they're talking about like this should have been like a private moment or whatever. And as I put in the group, I was like, there's no expectation of privacy when you're in public, that's no. And it's just the state we're living in right now. Everyone has phones, Yep, they're videoing all the time, especially at concerts.
Speaker 2: People are recording the entire time they're at a concert, like that's all people do now because I don't know, it's just become the habit, Like you just do that and then you go home and you look at your phone and it reminds you of being at a place where you went and looked at your phone all time.
Speaker 1: There's times where I was like, you know, I I sometimes I'm frustrated when I'm trapped behind a person who's reg Yes, I understood, like I get annoyed, But I am also like, oh, I wish I had a phone back in the day when I saw Prince.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there's so many shows I wish I had a recording of and then you could just and people tell me like, oh, I bring up a song that I remember, and it puts me in a good mood. I remember being there and it brings up And they're also at like Coldplay is pretty middle of the road. It's not like they're at some alternative country concert or something like.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, it's you know, you're a huge stadium.
Speaker 2: You're a huge stadium. It's a very you know, popular band with like a like cross generational. I mean, they were stupid, they were really stupid and that's like that's your judgment, Like this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I feel super bad for his wife, like this is of course, and if she's married or has a partner, like, I'm sorry to that person too. The fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: Like that part sucks.
Speaker 1: Of course, I feel bad for them. I you know, I know that like people take shit too We talked about this a little bit in our bonus episode on What to Creep, But maybe people who listen to this don't listen to that. We talked about this about people on social media taking shit too far, and I think they think they're funny or something by like going to like the wife's page and being like you should dump him, girl, and it's like just leave her alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had a close her Facebook out, And you know, I think like his daughter or one of their daughters is like trying to launch a TikTok yah career from it because what else can you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I one of the things I've been watching was, you know, I watch Love Island USA, and we talked about this before about like it has a very parasocial community, like people who you're watching that show five days a week for six weeks and people get super invested, and then then they start acting crazy on social media. They start like seeing people harassing people's families, and I'm like, you're ruining the show that Leave these people alone, Like even if they're shitty, and some of them are so shitty, right, just leave them alone, like who cares?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Some of them are like Trump supporters. Some of them are like, uh again, save that energy for Ted Cruz. Take that shit out on JD vance Boo and heckle them everywhere they go. I'm fine with that. These are politicians and they deserve it. But Love Island contestants, this woman whose husband cheated on her at a gold Blake concert, they don't deserve this. Just leave them a life. Weds you weirdos.
Speaker 2: You're weirdos. That's and that's that's what I'm talking out about.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought up the Coldplay thing because I was gonna bring it up to because all the because all the memes are really fun, Like they are really fun, and if you go on TikTok or Instagram reels, people are posting very silly things of they're putting pictures of other people's faces over them and then separate.
Speaker 2: It's I'd see the one with Trump and Epstein.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, like you love to see it, you love to see it. Yeah. I've gone down a couple of rabbit holes this week. One is like, you know, they recently posted that Trump has like some health issues and TikTok immediately. It is like sending me nurses who are saying he has congestive heart failure. They're like, this is the signs of congested heart failure and I just reply with clots and prayers. Motherfucker, don't care. Bye. But the other thing, I have two things I am watching. I finished My Love Island, USA, you all, and for anyone who listens to this and watches the show like I think the right couple one for sure. And also, y'all stop being weirdos on social media. Just like things or don't like things. You don't need to act like weirdos. But I also have a book recommendation for everybody. Ooh hey, book I am almost finished with I Hope This finds you well by Natalie Sue. And this book was recommended to me from a former coworker who said the jokes in this book remind me of you. So I was like, well, I like things that remind me of me. So I read it and it's about this admin worker at like a target like company, it's not Target, they call it like super Core or something, and she accidentally gets access to all of her coworkers like emails and their dms, like their chats and stuff like that, and she's using it to at first save her job because there's layoffs are coming, and she's like, well, I'm just gonna use all this information to like do better at work. And then she slowly like finds herself getting more involved in their lives and trying to like help them and things like that. It's very it's very funny. I'm really enjoying it. So it's called I Hope This Finds You Well by Natalie Seue, and it's definitely got a little bit of a rom com vibe too. So if you like a romantic comedy book, I recommend it. It's not very often I get to recommend a book, especially fiction, because I'm the world slowest reader. I'm so slow that anyway, if you like the sound of our voices, we also co host a podcast called whoa to Creep, and this week I led the show, and I talked about Marge Shot who used to own the Cincinnati Reds in the eighties and early nineties. She was a racist, anti Semitic, fucking creep, and Margot had a fabulous non creep. We talked about Stephen Colbert.
Speaker 2: So, yep, what's going on over that the now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so angry, angry, angry, I know, my friend. Where can people find you on social media?
Speaker 2: You can find me at Brooklynfitchick dot com. I'm at Brooklynfitchick for threads and Instagram, and I'm at Brooklyn Margo for Blue Sky and TikTok.
Speaker 1: And her book, Fever, The Complete Story of Saturday Night Fever is coming out so soon, in a few weeks. Yes, order your copy now. Follow her on social media because she shares clips. It's so good. I'm so proud of you, my friend. This is so exciting. It's gonna be here soon and very soon.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can't wait to read it. You could find me at the Soniashow dot com and the Sonya Show on Blue Sky and Threads and Instagram and the TikTok and if you like the show, please leave us a review. We're on all your podcasting streaming choices. It helps us find our people. Dorking Out is also on blue Sky and Threads and Instagram, and it's on Facebook too, if you want to go to Facebook, or you can email us at dorking Out Show at Gmail. We take requests. Last week we did somewhere in Time that was a request. It was so send us requests. We love it. And if you want, give us your address and we can send you some stickers because Margo is very kind and likes to do things like that. This was so fun. I'm glad we talked about young guns.
Speaker 2: This was a blast.
Speaker 1: It was a blast. Now let's go argue about revenge and regulate