Speaker 1: You're listening to Bigfoot Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's account is from a group of six seasoned campers, three of them trained military, who ventured deep into the rugged heart of Elk State Forest in Pennsylvania. They planned a week long escape off trail, but what they got was something entirely different. This is the night that Jim stopped believing that Bigfoot was a myth. So stay with us, all right, big the Society that the privilege of talking to Jim today. Jim is an individual that I was introduced to after seeing a Reddit post that he had left. I believe it was an r slash Bigfoot, and he is able to come on the show to share some interesting things that happened when he was out camping in northern Pennsylvania. And welcome to the show, Jim. How's it going man, It is going great.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. You know, we don't get a lot a lot of northern Pennsylvania, so it is always a fun when we get to talk to someone from that state, as there is a lot of activity that goes on out there. But you know, feel free, Jim to take us back to what was going on that night when you had some weird things happen out there in northern Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Already. So me and five of my buddies, we were going on a week long camping trip up in Elk State Forest, and it's north central Pennsylvania. We were I want to say, north east of Wharton, which is a little town up that way. It lies right on the edge of Elk County or Elk State Forest anyhow, And like I said, we were going up on a week long trip and we were going off trail and just what we had to carry with us and each of my friends we had all been going camping together since we were teenagers. We've known each other for years, and about the most reliable kind of people each could have around honestly, especially in the woods. All very capable people. But we ended up going found a good spot to park, and we just set off into the woods. We ended up going I believed it was northwest into the woods. And we got to our spot where we parked at about noon. Because we don't live up that way. We lived down in the south western Pennsylvania a lot of us and it was a long drive up there, as you can imagine, it's a big state. Anyway. We got into where we parked our cars at about like said noon, and we had about four to five hours before dark because it was getting into the fall. Leaves hadn't really started to fall heavy yet. It was more still into changing colors and all that, but it was getting to it, so things were getting shorter and all that. Whenever we had set off, we started up this one mountain and it was fairly rugged and very very minimal sign of any kind of like human interference, you know, like there wasn't a whole lot of garbage. And like I said, we were going off trail anyway, so we didn't expect to find much anyway. So we had hiked for the better part of for four hours or so when it was just getting starting to be dusk, we had ended up finding a clearing near the top end of this mountain side and decided to set up camp. So we set up our fires, we set up our hammocks. Because ten camping is for suckers in my own personal opinion, and I will recommend that if you have never been hand of camping into something, you absolutely have to try. You get the right hang. It is way better night sleeping than sleeping on the ground.
Speaker 1: No, it's great. I used to do that on the Appalation Trail all the time. Yeah, that's great stuff.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we had set up our camp in this little clearing. We had made dinner, and I settled in and as you can imagine a munch middle aged and middle mid twenty, you know, grown men hanging out in the woods. We're gonna be laughing and carrying on having a good time, you know. And we're sitting around campfire, carrying on having a good time. And it's getting in dark, and just as about we were getting ready to go to bed, which I would imagine to be around between anywhere between eleven and one o'clock in the morning. None of us were really paying attention to the time. But dark, dark, kind of, you know. And I'm sitting in my chair, and something hit me in the back, you know, nothing hard, you know, nothing crazy. So I stood up and I'm facing campfire, you know, and all five of us are sitting around it. So I turned around and looked into the woods. And as you as you know, fire blindness is a very big thing, and I couldn't see very far past the tree line at all and didn't see nothing. And I pulled up my flash light and I got I carry whenever we go camping or hiking together, I always make sure I have a really good flash light and I'm actually still using the same one to this day. It's about three thousand allomens, so it'll it'll cut through a little bit of night. And I shined in the direction of what I thought, and I didn't see anything, you know, no movement, no nothing. And I looked down in the chair and it was a rock, you know, something you know, I wouldn't say any bigger than maybe like a half dollar size around nothing, nothing crazy big, you know. And it wasn't like he was thrown with any kind of force. It was like more of a toss kind of thing. That's why I was figuring, like, well, whatever through it or whatever hit me would have been right there, you know, within within eyeshot, even in the dark, you know. But like I said, I didn't see a thing. And whenever I had stood up and pulled the flashlight up, the rest of my buddies they all had went silent. And it was kind of like a silent rule between a lot of us that if we're out in the woods together, and any one of us, you know, perks up because of something going on, we all just shut up and we all pay attention. Well, after I was satisfied that there was pretty much nothing there for me to see, I go and turn back to the fire, and no, sooner do I do that? Did I see a rock come out of the woods but the same size? Would it hit me in the complete opposite direction, hitting my buddy that was across the campfire from me. Now, mind you, in this amount of time, there wasn't but maybe twenty seconds, you know, So nothing's going to move outside of the line of sight of any of all six of us in twenty seconds to get around behind us without making any noise, you know, especially in the dark and with no light. I don't care what it is, it's going to make some kind of a noise. It's going to be seen. And that's when I realized that, well, whatever hit me hasn't moved, and now there's something on the other side of us. So now all six of us are out, and I'm running through my head of well, what kind of animal can actually throw anything? And there ain't many, And my mind immediately went to well, there's somebody out here with us, you know, thinking probably people, but I don't know anyone with enough guts to to walk up on six grown men in the middle of the woods at night, especially with like I said, no light without announcing themselves. I mean. And at that point I had my forty five on me, forty five ACP, and I had pulled it out, and whatever was seeing us would had absolutely noticed me doing that, and they did, and that's when things became I wouldn't say aggressive, but more than what it was before. They started moving around, circling around us, and they continued throwing stones at us, you know, from off where we couldn't see them, and they were thrown quite a bit harder than they were before, you know, and there was no communication. And like I said, we didn't see any lights out in the woods either, so whatever was doing it was doing it out there basically blind. And we had a decent fire gun, so it's not like they were close to us to be able to not for us not to see it. And at this point all of us had carried side arms, you know, all of us had carried guns with us to poor protection because I mean, there's Elka bear obviously hence the name of the forest. But there's also black bear, there's bobcat, there's coyotes, and you never know what an animal is gonna be going, especially when it's hungry. So we'd always carry those just to keep ourselves safe. And whatever was out their new full well that every one of us was armed. And this is when I realized that we weren't dealing with people, because anybody that would be out there, whether it be you know, teenagers playing a prank or a brand, a bunch of hillbillies, if you want to call you, if you want to go that route, they would have said, okay, hey, then joke's over now, you know. And I was, like I said, I didn't hear any of that. But whatever was out there circling around us throughout the night, it was definitely at least as big as a man, because it sounded like a grown man crashing through brush and forest and footsteps, I mean, we could hear footsteps being you know, stomping through and around, and like I said, throughout the night, most of us, you know, none of us could obviously even consider going to sleep. We ended up standing up until it was getting getting in the dawn, and before, just before the sun started peeking over the mountains, they had turned and ran off in opposite directions away from us. Before that light's really started to kick in. And now none of us had any fear of the forest at all, none of the none of us had any fear, you know, the animals that were out there. It's not like we were dealing that. We ever would have had to worry about dealing with the grizzly bear, you know, or a moose. We just don't live in that area. But it was definitely a surreal moment for us. And like I said, this happened on our first night of what was supposed to be a seven day trip, and we ended up packing our backs and we had left we left that day, you know, the next day, as soon as it was bright enough for us to pack off our gear. We were out. Then, uh as me and my one buddy, h my marine buddy that was with us, had finished packing up first, we decided it's bright enough, we knew they ran off, We're gonna go see if we could figure out what was going on. And we walked off into the tree line, probably fifteen twenty yards into the tree line, and we could see where they were circling circling around us. All the brush was you know, broken out into a path, all the all the leaf litter was beaten down. And I had ended up coming across a a print that looked human, you know, if you were barefoot, but it would have a distinct lack of a foot arch. And I mean, I don't claim to be any you know, master tracker or anything like that, but I know what a human footprint looks like in the mutter and the sand. Whenever you look at it, you can tell which which foot it is pretty simply by the toes and again by the arch, because there was a hally spot in that footprint, and this one didn't have it. It looked more you know, flat footed. And it was no bigger than mine, you know, like if I had taken my foot off, my boot off and stepped there in that same mudd, it wasn't any longer than mine. It was a little bit wider, but uh, the impression that it made was a lot deeper, which pretty simply put that just goes to tell you that whatever was out there and made that print was a lot heavier than I was now at the time. I was between one hundred and eighty and one hundred and ninety pounds, so whatever it made that print had to be at least two to fifty if not more. But it had the same footprint, you know, length that I had, and I guess it should put in and for a reference that I wear a size eleven, so I have a fairly large foot But you know, it was after we had found that we had regrouped with the rest of our buddies, and like I said, we had finished packing up and we went straight back to our cars and we had left. We weren't staying there another night.
Speaker 1: That is some really interesting stuff that happened to you, guys, Jim. And how how far out would you approximate mile wise you.
Speaker 2: Were well from where we had left to where we had ended up. I would say every bit of between four to five miles. We weren't trying to set the world on fire, you know, or make any land speed records there. We were taking our time and it was rough terrain, but I have you know, every one of us were in fairly good shape. I mean three of us were military. No myself, but three of us were military that were there. So we were all in pretty good shape, and I would imagine that we made at least four miles, if not five.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, did you notice anything weird around the spot where you were camping when it comes to like trees being like tree arches, or trees broken, or maybe X marks, anything weird, Like.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't notice it, But I mean at the time, I wasn't really looking forward either on our way in, you know, because I mean, I mean, I'm gonna be upfront and tell you, I mean I wasn't a believer in bigfoot until that happened, you know, because that was the only thing that I could logically think of that could potentially have done that to us, you know. And actually coming back to the Reddit post, I had a couple of comments on there, and the one guy had asked me, and I was like that if I thought that they could be potentially juvenile, you know, especially because speaking about the fact of finding that footprint being close to the size of mine, you know, and it would make sense, you know, especially if you take into account how sensational some of these sightings can be. With eight and nine foot monsters out there in the woods, you know, something that big is not going to be afraid of a human, you know, but if it's young, it's going to be smaller, and they could have been you know, they could have been closer to our size. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And and the thing is, well, a lot of witnesses will say the way that you were getting messed with, a lot of people will say, well, that kind of sounds like, well maybe it was a juvenile type thing, and that is kind of conjecture and you know, guessing, but a lot of people do bring that up. And you know, who knows what they were trying to do when they were, you know, trying to hit you in the back where they're trying to get your attention or just mess with you. You know, we don't know. But were there any sounds around in the forest during that time, Well.
Speaker 2: There were no other animal sounds, okay, you know, like there wasn't any crickets, there wasn't owls, there wasn't bats. We didn't even hear any coyotes. Which I've been up to Elk forst before. I would go up there trout fishing, you know, more towards Wharton. But we would go trout fishing up there all the time. And at night you would hear coyotes all day, you know all you know, all night long. It was. They're just so plentiful up there. We didn't hear not a one. Oh and aside from you know, crashing through bushes and all that as they were circling around us, I couldn't really tell if they were they were making any kind of a noise or communication. They were being so loud crashing around through the woods that I couldn't couldn't tell you if they were.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, were there any weird smells around that time that you noticed?
Speaker 2: It's not really uh on the way, like I said, it was getting into fall, So I mean you have that smell of you know, damp forest and the cave of like leaves and all that. You know that like roll like it's the best way to put it on it, like dirty smell, Like it smells like dirt, you know what I mean, like whenever those leaves get real wet that are just laying around and but like in the actual event, not really, I mean we had a campfire going. So but I mean, you just gotta understand this is this happened coming up on seven years ago, when this had happened to me, Uh, but no, I mean, not to my recollection, I wouldn't say that there was any kind of out of place smells. I'll put it that way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know, when you during the time around the campfire that night, or I guess you know, through the night, did anyone in the group have any weird physical things happened to them that they weren't able to explain?
Speaker 2: No, okay, No, we were all pretty much fine. I mean, aside from a few bruises from some of the rocks. They were thrown a little bit harder than they were originally. You know, we were all completely physically fine on the way back out, and during that you know, more broken pride kind of thing than anything else, because I mean, like I said, there were six grown men out there, and we've all been in the woods at least ten years between you know, each of us, and here we are running away.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean, and you said a few of those individuals were had a military background as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, one of them was Air Force and two of them were are well actively still Marine Corps.
Speaker 1: Wow, well that is very very interesting. After you guys, so you left the next day and you went to you know, your different homes, did anything did anyone have anything out of the ordinary happen, anything unexplained or weird happen after that?
Speaker 2: Not today, it's told me. We have talked about the situation before, because we still go camping together today. Okay, you know to this day. We go every year at least a few times together. Sometimes we go with just the guys, and I mean most of us have kids now and everyone we at least make it a point to go together at least one time every year with our kids. We don't go back up the forest. We are usually go to Allegaty National Forest now up past East Hickory. That's about the same distance time wise from where we live. Like I said, we live down near Pittsburgh, but it's in a different section of the state.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I mean, Algaining National Forces is definitely known for a lot of big food activity. That's where a lot of researchers will go to check things out. But nothing happened during your time in that area.
Speaker 2: Well, nothing that I would say that was out of the ordinary. I mean, we've come across black bears before, We've had coyotes come in to camp in the middle of the night, and stuff like that. But nothing that I wouldn't say, that wouldn't be expected to be seen, you know what I mean, like, actually, you know wildlife that you would expect to see there.
Speaker 1: How did this affect you personally after you had this happened that night?
Speaker 2: Well, So, like I said, I wasn't a big foot believer beforehand, you know what I mean, I wasn't even a thought that had crossed my mind, Like, yeah, it's a cool story, but I mean it's not, you know, something I think is real because I hadn't seen it or I hadn't experienced anything like that, you know. And afterward, I mean I kind of leaned into it pretty heavy about you know, wanting to learn more about it and hearing you know, first hand accounts of what it was like to see if mine was out of the ordinary in any way. But I mean, it hasn't stopped me from going hunting, and it hasn't stopped me from you know, going camping. I tend to stick a little bit closer to the campsites nowadays, though I am getting older. I'm thirty one, I'll be thirty two this year. But uh, I don't I don't think that it has affected me so much because I've been up back up to Elk forcet before, you know, since then, and I have camped up there since then. But that's particular experience that was kind of like one of those instincts like I'm not welcome here, I'm going to leave kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So when you went back to Elk State Forest, did you go to the same spot again or was it a different campsite that you were staying in.
Speaker 2: No, we had not gone back to that same campsite. No, And like I said, we were off trail. It'd be hard to find her again. I'm sure we could if we absolutely had to, but we had just picked a direction from where we had parked and we had went, and it's pretty rugged train up there, and I mean, again seven years ago. Could change change the layout a lot between now and then, and I probably could find the general area of where we were at. But I've never been back there personally, and I've never gone that deep back into those woods ever. Again.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, do you when you're in that area, do you ever go out by yourself or you usually in a group.
Speaker 2: I've been out there as the only adult. I've taken my daughter fishing up there before, right along East Fork Road, and there's a creek that runs along East Fork Road. It's a great spot for trout fishing. And I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of people that are gonna upset that I'm giving that out. But I've taken my daughter up there to go fishing before. I've camped up there a couple of times with me or you know, with a couple of my buddies before, but I've never never once camped there by myself before, and I don't plan on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I might be a little cautious to do that as well, going off of what you guys experienced. So after you got home, was this a thing where you had shared what happened right away with the rest of your family or did you hold on to it for a while to kind of work things through in your head?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I I have I had. Like I told my wife, she was wondering why I was home six days early. I told her why and she she pretty much laughed at me, which I expected, and the only first thing that I told in any expedients. And I think about a week or two later I had told my father about it, and he had never now, he has never been in that particular uh forced forward to my knowledge, you may have at some point in his life, but I had never been up there with him, but he kind of brushed it off, and he had told me that he was one of the he's one of them people that I've spent so much time in the woods, I would have seen something by now and never have kind of guys, it's pretty much how he answered back that, you know, And I mean I would assume that's why I was the way I was about it too, because you know, I'm not gonna believe it till I experience it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, have you ever done any research to see if there's been similar experiences that have happened in that state forest?
Speaker 2: Never in particular to that, but just going based off of the way that because I have and like you said, whenever when we were talking about again Aligay National, we were talking about how there's plenty of sightings up there and the amount of sightings that are in PA and and all that. It doesn't surprise it wouldn't surprise me if there have been more sightings or experiences like I had had up there, But I never did any particular research in that specific area afterward. But I have definitely done research on sightings and experiences here in PA since then.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? And especially you said you're from southwest Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I live north of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Okay, north of Pittsburgh. I mean you're aware that even down there, I guess more, you know, south of Pittsburgh, there's some weird stuff that happens down in that area as well.
Speaker 2: Oh. Absolutely, you get down into Washington County and even lower in places like Beaver and everything else down there down near West Virginia, I would imagine that. Yeah, there would be a bunch because it's there's a lot of unclaimed, untouched forest out down there, a lot of old growth forces where pretty much anything you can imagine with little you know, I'm sure, But no, what am I gonna try to say here? It's gone? I've lost it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it's a thing where you're interested in the subject, but you are maybe not going out and actively seeking it in the woods.
Speaker 2: No, I would actually prefer to not have another experience like that, But I'm not going to let it control my life if it doesn't help.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, gotcha? Do you think that's Uh, that's the same way your buddies are are feeling about that as well, or or did it make any of them not go in the woods again after that?
Speaker 2: No, No, every one of that whole group, that group of six of us, we like I said, we regularly go camping together. Okay, so we still know it to this day. It hasn't deterred us from going hunting or camping or fishing or anything like that, you know, at all. But there are certain places we just we will not go. And and I'm sure, like I said, like we we go to alligating National Forest mostly now, and until I'm giving a reason not to, I'm going to continue going.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Yeah, It's just it's that's that's a really really weird situation. I think the weirdest thing is that it definitely was not anyone messing with you guys, because you were i mean five six miles off the trail just in the woods. No one was out there messing with you. There are no lights, that's just right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Plus, I mean, like I said, I don't know any man that's going to be able to keep his cool under the pressure of knowing that there's six guys just within you know, twenty thirty yards of you that that have firearms. Every one of us were armed, you know. I mean, I don't know anybody. It's not going to be like hey, sorry, I was just with you. I don't know anyway that I wouldn't wouldn't make themselves known at that point.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you would have done differently that night if you could go back and do things over.
Speaker 2: Honestly, not really. I think that we made a fairly good decision because we had all stayed together, you know, and none of us had straight away at any point. But I don't know if that was out of like some kind of us being smarter, if it was just sheer instinct of the whole strength and numbers kind of thing. But you know, I don't think that I would have personally done anything different. I can't speak for a way my friends may have acted. You know, you never know what a marine will do whenever he gets busy. But you know, I don't well, I don't think I think that we were all smart enough to be like, yeah, it's probably just the best to let them stay over there, let us stay here where we can see because I, like you said, like I said, before that they had walked up on us. And granted, whenever they had come upon us, we were carrying on having a good time. We weren't being quiet, so they could have very well come up on us, being just as loud as they were. Whenever they had, you know, whatever, we had all stood up and they had started crashing through through the brush and everything. You know, we wouldn't have heard them. But they walked up on us with no lights, because we would have seen them, you know. And you said you were a hiker on the Appalachian Trail before. You know how dark it gets out in the out in the woods and in the mountains at night. It's the different kind of dark. You can't see your hand in front of your face. You're not making it through as thick of woods as we were in with a rough train as we were in without a light without falling on your face at least a dozen times. She's just not going to happen.
Speaker 1: I know that you said this happened what about six seven years.
Speaker 2: Ago, coming up on seven years this fall.
Speaker 1: Do you happen to remember what was what you guys had for supper that night at the campsite?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a great question. I would imagine, I know what I had made coffee because I know that what my friends are. I had made myself instant coffee because I was not going to be able to take up with the rest of them without it. I want to say that we probably had made burgers. We usually eat pretty good on our first name when we go out for multiple nights, right, But and I want to say probably potatoes is usually our first night thing. It's almost a ritual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha, got you that's pretty solid. Just uh, I always check for for certain patterns. Uh. A pattern I've noticed is that a lot of a lot of people will say they were cooking bacon or they were It's usually bacon. Yeah, it's usually bacon, which is weird. I mean smells delicious. You know, I can't blame with right.
Speaker 2: But reasons for that. Yeah, so not not to go down a dark path here, but the serial killers that were cannibals, they say that human flesh tastes like bake, like like pork. It's a little unsettling.
Speaker 1: Thanks, that's weird. I mean that's the I had just had Campbells.
Speaker 2: Come up something about it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Well, I mean I had no idea but it's good to know. I guess that's wild wild stuff. Yeah, if you're down in the I don't know how far away this would be for me. If you're wanting to go to an area that has bigfoot activity, it doesn't really sound like you care either way. But Forbes State Forest down there, I don't know if you've heard of that area or the Laurel Ridge that area. That area is extremely active, so it might be a place you might not want to go to. Actually, but that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm I'm I'm not one to go out looking for for trouble. Acted that more than enough when I was a teenager, and I'm growing smart enough not to want to do that. But I'm not, like I said, I'm still not scared to go into the woods and go hunting and camping and all that. And until like I said, Alligay National National Forest. We go there all the time, and apparently it's a pretty big watchpot for bigfoot activity. It is, and I will continue to go there and till I find a reason not to, you know, I mean, it won't. It doesn't bother me going out and into the woods and going to have a good time, and I will I will no matter where it's at until I get given that reason to stay away from it.
Speaker 1: Just a few more questions, just in case you remember some specific details about the footprints that you saw. Do were you able to see toes in those footprints toe indentations.
Speaker 2: I could see the first fore toes coming from the inside to the outside very clearly, generally, not really, I couldn't see, uh. Like I said before, it had a distinct lack of an arch like a human footprint wood. It was very very flat footed, but it had the general idea of the same shape, you know, tapered from the back, tapered at the back. There was a distinction between you know, there was a clear uh, how do I home home? How should I explain this? There was a clear distinction between the main pad of the foot and the toes. You know, there was a distance there, you know what I mean, where it had not been pressed in so far you could tell, like I said, it was pressed in deep, a lot deeper than I would have been able to unless maybe I jumped and jumped into that and like jumped down into it too, you know, so I would have, like I said, I would have assumed that whatever had made that print was a fair bit heavier than myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And was it just one print that you had seen or where there multiple prints?
Speaker 2: We did find a couple that were fairly good. There was a couple that were more partial than anything. But most of the ground was covered in dead leaves and all that where it was rocky, So being able to find any was pretty much a miracle at that point. You know, there was just a couple of spots where the ground was soft enough or there was mud that we were actually able to find anything.
Speaker 1: That makes sense if you were able to follow the tracks for a while, what did what did the path of the tracks look like?
Speaker 2: So the ring that they had ran around us for at least a couple of hours, a couple three four hours before the daylight started to come, it was wider than your average person, you know, And I mean with them circling there for as long as they did, that's not really surprising. But it was wide enough to where I could stand broad and my buddy that was on that that ring with us, he could stand next to me without touching, without either was touching, you know, either side of that that brush that they have broken down, now, I don't mean both of the us like shoulder, but you know, shoulder to shoulder. He like, if he would have been facing me and I would have been standing broad, we would have been able to fit completely. Fine, So about a man and a half.
Speaker 1: Wide, gotcha? In the how let's say you're looking at one track, and then you're looking at the track U next in line, and then then one next in line. How far apart were the tracks usually?
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be an estimate. I don't know, uh, like I said it would. There weren't very many tracks that especially not in succession, that we could see, gotcha, But I had to guess, I mean just going based on you know, human proportions. You know, I wouldn't say that they that they would Their stride would have been much more than us. But again, they had circled and circled and circled us for hours, so they would have been stepping over each over each one multiple times, aside from the ones that were closer where they had probably stopped to throw something at us, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, m it'll be interesting to see, uh you know, once I put this up to see if there's other people that have had things happen in the same area. That's usually how it works with these There'll be people that reach out and they'll say, oh, yeah, I've been in state forest stuff has happened, so that will be that will be interesting. Do you ever have any desire to to have a visual sighting of one or really it's just you're kind of going along your business and still trying to go out and camp.
Speaker 2: In the woods. I would have loved to have been able to actually have seen something the way at least I knew I could put a face to whatever it was, But it just I didn't get that opportunity. But like I said, I'm I'm not going to go out there and actively, you know, look for that. You know, if it happens, it happens kind of thing, you know.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Yet it's just something where you know, I haven't even had that happen myself yet, and I'm not sure. Well, I mean I've talked to any of people where they have to happen and it affects them, But to have that happen to yourself is a different story in it's just it's a totally different story. But Jim, I just want to say thank you for coming on the show. To share what you and your your buddies experienced that night out in the Elk State Forest. It's a new area for us to look into for Pennsylvania, and I appreciate you coming on. I do want to make sure that you were able to share everything that you had come on the show to share it tonight.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, pretty much without actually seeing anything. There's not really much more to put into it. It was just you know, explaining experience, you know, because that's essentially all it was. You know, we didn't none of us had seen anything, and none of my friends that had had it told me since then that they had heard anything or it'd seen anything. And I would just assume that, like myself, we didn't see it. You know, we had not seen anything, but there was undoubtedly something out there with us, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh, no doubt about it. And you know, I would say if anything ever happens when you guys are out in the Allegheny National Forest, definitely feel free to reach out. There's been you know, sightings in that area, there have been people that have been affected by infrasound in that area. So there's a lot of interesting reports that happened over the years.
Speaker 2: We'll have to look into it. Uh, but yeah, I know absolutely. If I ever have another experience or even with one of my friends, do I'll have them reach out to you. But yeah, no, if anything happens to me, Bricks and I will make sure I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Well, thanks for chatting tonight, Jim. I do appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for listening to this episode of The big Foot Society podcast. Gym's encounter is the kind that linkers, not because of what he saw, but because of what he couldn't see. The silence, the rocks, the circling, the moment that he realized that something was watching and it didn't care if he was armed or not. So huge thanks to Jim for coming on and sharing such a raw personal story. These moments remind us why we listen and why some trails are better left on trodden. If you enjoy this episode, please subscribe to us on YouTube and hit the bell icons so you never miss a news story. And if you're listening on Apple Podcasts or Spotify and make sure you're following the show and leave a review if you can it helps more people discover these accounts. And if you've had a big Foot encounter, especially in Pennsylvania around Elk State Forest, Wharton or the Alleghany Forest, I'd love to hear from you, so please email me at Big for Society at gmail dot com. And one last thing, don't forget. Sasquatch Summerfest is happening July eleven through the twelfth in Oakridge, Oregon. Big for Society listeners can get a two day pass with the price of a one day admission with code be at checkout. You can get your tickets now over at www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. Thank you again for being part of the Big for Society. Until next time, trust your gut, stay curious, and keep your eyes on the tree line and see you in the woods.