Speaker 1: Is election day.
Speaker 2: You're going to hear every single bit of information.
Speaker 1: When you We like to listen fifty five kr S E.
Speaker 2: Five O five.
Speaker 1: At fifty five k r C the talk station Happy Fridays.
Speaker 3: Some say it is a vacation from this.
Speaker 1: Confirmation. Hold on, these are the first words that come out of my mouth five oh five. I have exercised my ability to speak in the morning and apologize for the cough. Okay, now that Michael throat is cleared, Very happy Friday to you, Brian. Tom's right here. Glad see just trekker ery belongs and a great rundown today. We've got some wonderful guests to join the show as we wind up the final moments leading to Tuesday. Tech Front of It Day have had are always the norm on Fridays. They'll be on to talk about one third of the US population's background info is now public. We have malicious lookalike domains, and Trump, Biden and other leaders can be tracked by a fitness app. I saw that story earlier in the week. That is so strange, something to do with like the Secret Service and they have fitness apps and they're not supposed to use them. I guess while they're on duty, but you know, after work is over, they head on over to the club and turn their fitness app on. So if you know where the Secret Service agents are and where they're working at, you got a pretty good good idea where Trump and Biden and other leaders that are being protected by the Secret Service happen to be. Apps are a real problem and a lot of tech to talk about this morning. Just to give you a quick sort of overview here at multiple foreign adversaries targeting certain demographics, the Russians and the Iranians on the opposite side of the ledger when it comes to apparently, accordingly start security forces who they want to have elected Iranians, I guess they're favoring Kamala Harris, the Russians allegedly favoring Donald Trump. But in the final analysis, they're creating fake news, fake news sites, and they are targeting and one segment, the Spanish language speakers and in others other minority groups including the Muslim and black populations here in the United States, trying to I'll sway your right, your opinion, Lord Almighty, if we had a measure of common sense and we were able to you know, sort of. I suppose exercise and measure of critical thinking when it comes to what we're reading, and a huge measure of skepticism about literally anything that is in front of us. Maybe it wouldn't sway people, but don't know if it's going to work or not. We do live in a country with free speech, and free speech means you can be a flat out lie to your face, kind of like that Joe Biden really wasn't calling half of America garbage, which he clearly did get to that point in a moment, because that one still has legs on a number of levels. Also, Chinese hackers apparently compromise a whole bunch of government sites in Canada, some of which relate to information shared with the United States government. So the People's Republic of China hard at work. They've been at this for more than four years, embedding themselves into the Canadian computer system. So that was just announced, and I guess Canada is doing its best to sort of patch the holes. But security must be paramount when it comes to anything online, and I guess our government officials are just now catching up to that reality. China seems they've been figured out even on a much much higher level than the Iranians and the Russians. It's really scary what China is capable of doing in so far as that is concerned. And another reason to get the hell off. TikTok. TikTok soaks up all all the information. It's in your phone and everyplace else. I don't know why people use it anyhow. Adam Kaylor returns, he'll be in house at seven oh five. Matt DeMars, Vets and Bruce got another bus event. We'll be drinking beer and celebrating with the US veterans. I went on the last one. It was an awesome time. What a great group of folks. Matt Demarus is a solid, solid American and he just is trying to give back the best he can facilitate you buying veterans beers with a small donation. Jonathan Pierson joins the program at eight thirty, running for Hamilton County Commissioner. He too will be in house. So we got two of the candidates in house this morning. That is our lineup. I always enjoy hearing from you. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three Talk Time, Fight fifty on at and T phones back to the garbage comment, getting a little bit of problems the White House is maybe he conducted did something illegal when they altered Joe Biden President Biden's statement about the half the country being garbage. White House officials altered the official transcript. There are rules for the official transcript. Biden said, the only garbage I see floating out there is his supporters, his his demonization of Latinos is unconscionable. It's un American. Now, in spite of the fact they didn't have the authority to do at the White House Press Office added an apostrophe, so supporters plural is now supporter as in possessive individuals support her. Apostrophe e s in order to suggest something that you know, your ears did not hear that Biden was criticizing only the comic Tony Hinchcliffe, who probably most people hadn't heard of. I never heard of him before. He's the one that referred to Puerto Rico as the floating island of garbage. But Biden's comment clearly was not directed at Tony. It was directed at well, everybody else, and seriously, and I'll get to her further and broader comments Kim Strassel. Why on earth would anyone assume mister Biden would again show derision for voters he's labeled semi fascist, maga extremists, and proponents of Jim Crow two point zero. Of course, he meant half of America or garbage, merely because they support Donald Trump, or at least planning on voting them as the voting for him as the lesser to evil. This change was made after the Press Office conferred with the President. This is verified by an internal email from the head of the stenographer's office that the Associated Press got a hold of. Authenticity of the email confirmed by multiple government officials who spoke well, obviously in a condition of anonymity so they could discuss these internal matters, but they got the memo. The supervisor in the email called the press office is handling of the matter quote a breach of protocol and spoliation of transcript integrity between the stenography and press office. There is a office of Stenography. They're charged with official transcripts, and there's a process you go through, and if the administration wants to change the transcript, it's got to go through a certain protocol. That's not what happened. Two persons scenography team on duty the evening Biden uttered the garbage comment. There was a typer and a proofer. They said that any edits the official transcript who had to be approved by their supervisor, the head of the stenographer's office. This is part of the rules. That person happened to be unavailable. But however, because of the urgency and the gaff that, well, you know, the reality that was setting in within the Kamala Harris administration, well hopefully administration Kamala Harris team. It's like, holy crap, did Biden just call half of America garbage? We've got to do something about this. Went hard at work to try to figure a fix to it, which is how you came up with the apostrophe s singular possessive, rather than the broader half of America which had been and support hers. White House Press Secretary Office just then went ahead and published the altered transcript on the White House website centered around to the press and social media quickly, and the supervisor a little upset about that supervisor. If there is a difference in interpretation, the Press Office may choose to withhold the transcript, but cannot edit it independently. Our Stenography Office transcript released to our district, which includes the National Archives, is now different than the version edited and release to the public by the Press Office staff.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: These concerns by the supervisor raised apparently in an email to the White House Communications Director a person named Ben Lebolt, as well as Koreean Genepierre quote, regardless of urgency, it is essential to our transcripts authenticity and legitimacy that we adhere to consistent protocol for requesting edits approval and release. So the question now remains, and some House Republicans are talking about another investigation, launching an investigation and the fabrication House Republican Conference could chair Woman at least Stefanic and House Service sid Accountability Chairman James Commer accused the White House of releasing a false Grandrip grandscript. The White House staff cannot rewrite the words of the President of the United States to be more politically on message, they wrote, pointing out that it well may very well have been a violation of the Presidential Records Act of nineteen seventy eight. So and the desperation is really obvious. Again, they have been insulting half of America now for years. This goes back to Hillary Clinton calling a bunch of deplorables and clinging to your constitutions and your firearms and your bibles, you evil Bible thumpers. They've been attacking half of America for years and years, insults not even veiled, not even just sort of calm suggestions that maybe you're on the wrong side of the track, you know, maintaining a sense of well, perhaps an effort to make them more appealing to you who reject their political ideology. At least they could try to make a sale job to you that you're not as bad as you come across from a policy perspective. But now they just hang out with their own kind so long they know they have the press protection to protect them from gaffs, and well publish rewrites support their narrative on what Joe Biden said versus what he really didn't say, and they think everybody feels that way. What are the conclusion can you come up with? They don't hang out with you, they don't hang out with me. They don't know how we feel, they don't know how what we're our kitchen table dinner issues are are. They don't have to pay our bills or deal with the concerns over inflation. They're not the ones that struggle to come up with enough money to fill the grocery cart and then have enough money left over to fill the gas tank. Some people have to make choices on which road they go down in that regard, they don't get that thinking. Nancy Pelosi during COVID lockdown, thank you Democrats for the lockdown, and a bunch of Republicans too. Don't drink after ten, said Mike Twine. I'm never going to forgive him for that one. It was stupid, made him sound stupid. It was stupid. But Nancy Pelosi is sitting in front of a twenty five thousand dollars refrigerator freezer, eating twelve dollars ice cream, telling you to just kind of, you know, enjoy yourself while you're indoors. Hey, lockdown's no problem. Well, it's no problem if you live in Nancy Pelosi's house. They just don't get it. They don't connect. Elite leftist la liberal probably you know, carrying around their you know, master's degree in social work telling you how to live your lives and then going on a long litany of insults, including guests Jim Crow two point zero, semi fascist Nazis and of course garbage five seventeen fifty five kr CD Talk Station, Feel free to call, got a comment? Love to hear from you. Five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk call her not stick around right here fifty five kr S the talk station Friday, and a happy one to you, Kamala Harris, she's gaff cast it. Let me chuck ing. Are we walking into the studio here hopefully shortly to let us all know about something really crazy going on right now. I don't know if you've been trying, if you've tried to cross the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge aka to Big Mack Bridge this morning. It's shut down. A massive fire and reports of an explosion happened as early this morning, and according to the reporting from at least Fox nineteen, I just couldn't believe this. Fire crews reported seeing concrete falling down on the north side of the bridge and this is their words, significant metal warping underneath the bridge to the point where it might fail. Apparently it sounded like a car fire or something beneath it. That just sounds so much damage and devastation from a single car fire. So I don't have more details on that now, maybe Chuck will know, and you'll also be to give you some guidance about, you know, the workaround. So anyhow, before Chuck enters the studio to give us his rundown on that one, Heckler was interrupting Kamala Harris her speech last night in Nevada, giving her another opportunity to either show she's an intellectual genius and capable of dealing with such challenges on the fly, or the producer of more word salad. You know the direction this one went, so Heckler, Heckler, Heckler, the vice president, he Reno. You know what, let me say something about this. We are here because we are fighting for a democracy. Fighting for a democracy, and understand the difference here. Understand the difference here, moving forward, moving forward, Understand the difference here. Close quote. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I I don't have any idea what she said either fighting let's just singularly, let's not repeat them as she did. Fighting for a democracy. Understand the difference, moving forward and well then once again, understand the difference. One more sentence following that one. What we are looking at the let me sorry, what we are looking at is a difference in the selection. Let's move forward and see where we are because on the issue, for example, freedom of choice, I had no idea.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Hm, okay, that's okay. She said, that's all right, that's okay. Voices of our supporters drowning out the heckler. I guess she was saying, hey, it's all right, let them hackle and then this. You know what, Democracy can be complicated. Sometimes it's okay. We're fighting for the right for people to be heard and not jailed because they speak their mind. We know what's at stake. There you go, throwing it up, chuck ingram. How about my friend, how in the hell did the dan Beard Bridge catch on fire? And what's the problem here?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's just a little bit.
Speaker 6: The fire is down below the bridge, right right, Okay, so the bridge well not on fire. However, there is some video of some pridge whatever is or was on fire down below in the playground area and stuff that the park. Yeah, it was shooting flames up and through the bridge the photograph. I initially thought maybe it was a car fire or something. Maybe it's an EV fire. Oh, that could be a little bit of everything available. But listen to this from Fox nineteen. They said concretes falling down on the north side of the bridge and significant metal warping underneath the bridge to the point where it might fail. Well, that's heat, brother, that is serious heat. Let's go back a couple of years to seventy five and remember the truck fire on seventy five where it was on the Brent Spence Bridge, and how it wasn't so much the deck the truck was on. They had to do some repairs there, but they had to do repairs up above too because of those flames. So I'm thinking the same thing here. This is going to be a while before we see any traffic on four to seventy one this morning.
Speaker 1: All right. And I have been on four to seventy run a whole bunch of times, yet I never have to travel it. So in terms of logistics for people trying to get in and out, what are you thinking?
Speaker 6: Well, right now, at this moment, I was just watching them turn people around the wrong way to take them off the ramp to eight in Bellevue and Dave Cowens down there like party right by Party sources where that ramp comes off and things. So Taylor Southgate is available. If you want to travel, you're gonna have to travel a little bit further through Newport on the other side of the Aquarium in order to get into downtown Sticky ste It sure could be. I would not even worry about getting on four seventy one is the biggest thing, I think, especially if you're a big rig moving this time in the morning. I'd take two seventy five over to seventy five because knock on Wood right now. The bran Spence is actually okay, and there's not even a delay at the bridge right now, but knock on Wood, and for right now I was I was hitting myself on the forehead. You know something that we don't know? No, no ye folding this morning. No, I know nothing of that sort. I'm just looking for alternatives for folks, because it's gonna be a while on southbound seventy one. I'm seeing very little delayed because you can continue going on the south seventy one onto Fort Washington Wade of course, over to the branch spent. So the Ohio side, it looks like that's in pretty good shape right now. But as far as northbound four seventy one, that's backing up a little bit because of folks turning around and going the wrong way on the ramp.
Speaker 1: And it's only twenty six minutes after five, so we got a long morning ahead of us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and to think I thought we were going to talk about what kind of candy do you have left over?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, one rang the door.
Speaker 1: One whole entire bag of Reese's cubs, not one single door. Wrong. Well that's we usually it'll get one doorbell. But anyway, how about it.
Speaker 6: When I call that snacks for the weekend, Well, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 1: Did you get any uh a few?
Speaker 2: If you had about twenty kids?
Speaker 1: Oh that's about the perfect number from my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, Chuck, thank you for the update. We'll be listening to you all morning, and uh it'll be there, it'll sound.
Speaker 6: I had to redundan because I think we're going to be dealing with four seventy one both now, this is both north and south found it's going to be shut down for a while.
Speaker 1: Oh chuck, God, bless you, sir, Thanks for your unbelievably wonderful and often humorous traffic reports. Jaseph Palatina loves you five twenty seven Right now, if you five ks the talk station stick around. Be you gonna do it? You're doing some local stories coming up next, or your phone calls. It's up to you. But stay right here. Fifty five KRC. Well, maybe not Los Angeles, but the dan Beard Bridge.
Speaker 4: Behind show time for jo.
Speaker 1: I love that song, should be an opportunity to play it. Tragedy about the dan Beer Bridge, which I'll be just tuning in, is apparently I got. I think they have the fire under control. There's mixed messages out in local news because it's unfolding, But the dan Beer Bridge closed because there was a fire either set below at some explosion beneath it. I read an auto accident at one point. I don't think that's the case. Huge fire though, so much so that Fox nineteen reporting that the concrete's fallen off the bridge and metal is warped. So weren't there conspiracy theorists Joe that thought that the airplanes blowing up in the building where could not melt metal? But we have two now illustrations here in the city of Cincinnati. We're an open fire. One on the Brent Spnz Bridge and now one beneath Dan beer Bridge have warped and melted metal. Okay, just want to make sure I'm okay. I my facts, Joe, Thank you very much. Fact Checker Strekker Fire seven fifty eight hundred two three talk over to a local stories got a loaded gun found inside a students backpack. Thise in Mount Healthy Junior Senior High School happened yesterday. Court to the district, a lot of the center was sent to family. School staff noticed what appeared to be a vaping device being passed between two students. Two students for the district procedure taking a secure office where the bags were searched, and during that search, the staff found a loaded firearm in one of the student bags. They said no point was the weapon displayed or used to threaten anyone. School called Mount Healthy. The police department, which responded. District said the school did not go into any sort of lockdown because the situation was contained and it posed no active threat. District didn't say what kind of disciplinary measures, if any, would be leveled against the student who had the gun. They didn't mention any interaction between the student and law enforcement, and they didn't refer to the color, caliber, or type of firearm, or whether it had a bump stock. Okay, Joe, we'll throw that one in there too. Lakody student arrested for allegedly making a social media post threatening the school corner of the Butler County Sheriff's office. They say it was notified of a school threat made on Snapchat just after midnight yesterday morning. Posts me by a seventeen year old student who attends Lakota East corner to the Sheriff's office. That just was quote I'm shooting up the school tomorrow. Be ready close quote all right. Liberty Township police was Chester Police Department found the team at home, where they told officers they posted the message but it was just a joke. Teen arrested taking a juvenile detention center. Well, they keep referring to the team both as individually, but then as they The teen was arrested and taken to the juvenile detention center where they were charged making terroristic threats? Is this one of those pronoun people who wants to be referred to as they You just think the people who wrote it didn't really write it in the US artificial intelligence Joe rather than doing their own writing exercises. Well, WCPO gets credit for a bit at least that Felicia Jordan, if you want to call her up and ask what she's referring to.
Speaker 5: And what.
Speaker 1: Just as by Felicia Women arrested after police says she fatally stabbed her mom. This happened in Middletown. The court of the Middletown Police officers called to the fourteenth Avenue A home around eleven thirty pm. Happened Wednesday night. When they got there, they found seventy two year old Mini Lewis suffering from multiple stab wounds. Lewis taking an Atria Medical Center, where she was later pronounced dead. Police arrested forty four year old Mikeisha Lattimore that would have that was Lewis's daughter, charged with murder. Police didn't say what may have led up to the stabbing. It's five thirty five fifty five KR seat the talk station. Feel free to call if you got anything to say. I'm going to do a stack of stupid when we get back. Stick around right here.
Speaker 4: I officially accept me you already.
Speaker 1: Oh, look five forty on a Friday answer of course, yes, just Strekker insist on it. You can call it if I've been three seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on eight and T phones fifty five car Sea dot com for podcasts Andy, I heard Needy app yesterday Congressman Warren Davidson podcast that Garrie Davis, local activists calling Shenanigans on Denise Dreehouse and her campaign contributions received from Rumky orlandos Sonza awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome candidate. He was on the program yesterday and Briga McGowan energy himself. We spent an hour together in talking energy policy and speaking of talking, I always love talking with my friend Cribbage, Mike Submarine or Mike. Welcome back to the program, My dear friends. Good to have you on. Thank you for your service to our country.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Brian the good to be talking with you at work here. I would like to thank the Artemis people because every morning when I leave my house at four o'clock, I missed the top of the hour news and as I approached for seventy one off of two seventy five. I knew it was eerily by myself even at that hour, So luckily I got enough heads up that I was able to shoot through and it takes the tailor Southgate. But I hate to think what the next hour or two is gonna play for the rest of our commuter friends.
Speaker 1: Well, you're a military man, Charlie Fox Truts. What first came to my mind that improvise.
Speaker 7: And overcome my friend?
Speaker 5: You know it?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: With Adam Cumming in story and even a family member, I wish nothing but the luck. That's the luck next week, I know it's an uphill battle. If I lived in Hamilton County, he definitely would have my vote. I know all my siblings are there in his corner. We'll be picking up our supplies and ready to man the polls on Tuesday. And just fired up to get this right because, as you so aptly pointed out with this apostrophees just within the last month, I mean, Kareem John Pierre has almost been bagdad Bob for quite some time. Yeah, getting very very troubling here with CBS editing Kamala's interview to get to give her a better answer. We now have the apostrophs. And then just last night the Democrats are twisting Trump's At his last rally, he basically said I'm going to protect women. I'm gonna protect women, even if you don't even like it. They now have dropped off I'm going to protect the women and basically putting it on a dictatorship spin that no matter, even if you don't even like it, this is what I'm going to do. This is getting out of hand.
Speaker 1: Oh it's been out of hand. It's just getting worse.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it went from the only thing they got left with seventy two hours ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a period of time Mike, where at least they had had some plausible deniability that they were in the bag for the Democrats all the time. We could all read the obvious bias, but it wasn't so overt, It wasn't just so absolutely just outright lies coming from organizations who are supposed to have what we you know, college educated trained journalists, who you know have studied the appropriate journalism standard, which is to remain neutral and report facts. None of them do it anymore. I mean, it's all ed editorialization. And you go to read a news story, well what happened at that rally, and they cut and paste and twist and turn something that was a perfectly innocuous David into something that you know that supports there. He's a Nazi narrative or fascist narrative or whatever it's it's just shameless anymore. So I think you know, in the aftermath of this, Mike, let's say Trump wins, there's gonna be a day of reckoning for the mainstream media and they're gonna have to come around and change their ways because welcome to the world of competition. Out in there. We can find the real transcripts. We can find everything everywhere in some unedited form, which certainly exposes the whys and the spins that they're doing every single day. Yes, sir, God bless you know.
Speaker 7: I had a good last night, he said. Nora Donno and David Mirror went out last night trick or treating as journalist.
Speaker 1: Who can argue that you come into You're you gonna be at lunch next Wednesday, You bet, sir, We're there to celebrate, I hope. So I appreciate your optimism. I can use all the help I can get in terms of getting me in the optimistic mode. God bless you, Mike. I'll look forward to seeing you next Wednesday, where I probably will again lose a cribbage. I can get a indeed a real quick stack of stupid here. Portland man allegedly kidnapped and beat up a woman, drove against traffic and try to get away from police before being arrested. Happened on Sunday. Then maybe we'll find out Cuero Carlos Rufael Garcia, thirty seven charged with a second degree kidnapping, fourth gree assault, trying to flee a police officer, driving under the influence, reckless endangerment, and reckless drive. Police received calls on Sunday, several of them the guy was trying to carry away a half naked woman near Eye two O five and Southeast Pala Boulevard Court. To the court record, shirtless woman screaming and attempting to escape as the man dragged her towards his Accura, which had stopped facing the wrong way in the interstate off ramp. Two officers showed up to the scene, and they heard the woman yelling, turned on their overhead headlights, approached the car and told the driver to stop. The driver Garcia ignored the instructions, drove on to I two five, heading south in the northbound lanes. When officers eventually stopped the car, a woman wearing only underwear got out of the passenger seat and jumped into the back of the police car. Officers pulled out their guns ordered Garcia to step out of the car. They described him as having a dazed look, and he fumbled to unlock the car door. Officer smelled an overwhelmingly strong odor of alcohol that's in the police report when Garcia rolled down his window. Officers also said they saw an empty bottle of beer under the driver pedals. Victim visibly distraught, difficult to communicate, crying and clinging to the officer. She had a cut lip, bruised cheek, and her left eye was swollen in a right bicep bruised. In an interview, the woman, with the help of a Spanish interpreter, said that she had moved to Portland about three months earlier after meeting Garcia online. There were a party when Garcia got jealous of another man, they left. A woman told detectives he punched her in the face and body while he was driving. She tried to get out of the car, but Garcia grabbed her to keep her from getting away. Apparently, at one point she was able to flee. That's when Garcia tore her shirt off. She ran to an ubercar that was stopped behind him, got in. Garcia ran after her, pulled her out, and forced her back into his car. When police interviewed him, he told them she was the one who started to fight. He said she grabbed He grabbed her arm at one point when she was trying to get out of the car because the car was still moving, and then he pulled her from another person's car because they didn't know the person. She took her shirt off because she was hot from being drunk, his words. Obviously, they didn't believe his side of the story. Five forty six five kr C Detalk Station. More stupid or phone calls. It's your choice. I'll be right back. Stay right here. This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station. It's five fifty one, fifty five KRC Detalk Station. Stay away from the Big MacBridge is one thing we learned this morning that fire, if you really really hot, fire to melt the bridge and the concrete. So we'll have updates regularly all morning. Back over to the stack of stupid. Go to Manchester, New Hampshire, where a man is facing indecent exposure charges after allegedly exposing himself two children on the streets of Manchester, New Hampshire. Sounds I've got an award to give out. Joe Joseph Ward, sixty years old, found naked on the hood of a car in the area of Elm Street and Myrtle five pm on a Monday. Police to asked him what he was doing. He didn't respond, and because children were in the area, police wrapped a towel around him and took him into custody. He's been charged with indecent exposure court to the police, officials say he also had an electronic bench warrant out of another town. Police speaking with local news there Boston twenty five, Ward was uncooperative during his booking. He was transported to the Hillsboro County House of Corrections. Developing story no reasons why he had to explain why the hell he was naked laying on top of a car and can share in the award. We go to Oklahoma, Typiclarly Wellston, Oklahoma Court. On Wednesday, jury found former Wellston high school teacher guilty of soliciting sex from his student. Former teacher Emma Delaney Hancock sit in court that the charges weren't true and that the students lied. I guess the jury didn't buy it. That's all I got on that one, a little sort of. And we go over to Springfield Township here in Ohio where a former Saint Xavier High School teacher has been indicted for having a sexual relationship with the student the corner Hemlin County prosecuted Melissa Powers, vote powers, she said. Emily Nutley, forty two, has been indicted on six counts of sexual battery of thirty degree filming for her relationship with a minor. Now facing up the fifteen years in prison that convicted on all charges, Melissa Powers, prosecutor Powers, vote for her said. Nutley was employed at Saint Xavier and followed twenty three as a supervisor of a program to assist students struggling academically. The seventeen year old student that she had a relationship with had been assigned to her program. She began having contact with the student outside of school hours, including sexually explicit text messages and nude photographs of her herself. Okay, thanks for the evidence. We appreciate you being a complete idiot in addition to a pervert.
Speaker 8: Erio the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no big aduche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douched do good going, dues.
Speaker 4: Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 1: Evidence further suggests that one year ago, November of twenty three, she began any physical relationship with a student, including multiple encounters corner to Hamilt County Prosecutor Powers vote for her, she said, Nutley in the student engaged in sexual activities on Saint X's campus, including after hours in her office at the school and an additional time off campus. According to Hamilton County Prosecutor Powers vote for her in a press release, when the victim attempted to stop the encounters, Nutley continued to contact the victim via text messages. Hey again thanks to the evidence sexual relationship brought the light due to an internal investigation by administrators at Saint XE Springfield Township then investigating the allegation leading to the charges. Prosecutor's officer does not believe at this time that there are any other victims. She called the sexual abuse absolutely unacceptable and reprehensible. Quote from Hamilton County Prosecutor lists of powers who deserves your vote. Let me be very clear, this is a child sexual abuse. This child was the victim of an adult predator who should never again have a role that puts her in contact with children. She used this child for her own sexual gratification while taking advantage of the position she held. School said you can contact child Protective Services at five one three two four one kids or the school's president or principal if in fact there are others out there who may have been the victims. Are a victim, I don't get it. I suppose if you're a teacher and you're dumb enough to have sex with a minor, you're dumb enough to take pictures of it and engage in text messages with it. Because we all know seventeen year olds never ever, ever tell anyone anything about what's going on behind the scenes. Five fifty five ffty five cares to the talk station Stick Around Tech Friday with Dave Hatter at six point thirty. Got a lot to talk about between now and then, and of course I'll welcome phone calls. I get care to call, but I hope you can stick around with me after the news. Your voice, the most important election in American history, your vote.
Speaker 7: I can't even imagine how much worse it could be if she has full control on.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station Jurdy Election nears Ay talk station Brian Kinmas wishing every one a very happy Friday and reminding steer clear of the Dan Beard Bridge aka Big Mac Bridge aka four seventy one. I just I've been seeing the video in the fire. It was a massive fire. I still got any insight as to what you know where the fire started. I've read that it was a car fire, where that was an accident. I read somebody set the playground on fire beneath the bridge, But man, if they did that, they sure were successful in a raging inferno. So the bridge is closed. I don't know how long. They say at least several hours, but with the reports of concrete falling off of it and metal warping, it may be quite some time before the bridge reopened. So steer clear of that. And before we got on into things, I'll give you the rundown here in a moment. I'm just gonna to fulfill up a promise to my dear friend mister humanitarian himself, Bob Wetter, who is responsible for the Wish Tree, And we like to promote the Wish Tree every year on the morning show. It starts today, and the Wish Tree are the Christmas trees that have the little ornaments, which are pieces of paper that have requests from people who are struggling on life's margins. You know, wouldn't be nice if I had, you know, a particular toy or maybe a bag of socks or whatever it happens to be. You grab an ornament off of one of the wish trees wherever they happen to be, and you can either bring it back to the place where the tree is or the Wish Tree folks will pick up your kind donation. But today's the day it starts. And if you would like a wish tree in your business or you have a place that it would be you know, open and subject to you know, foot traffic, you can get one. Just call the Wish Tree line and someone will return your call. So five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five. Again, it's the wish tree. We'll be talking about that a lot between now and Christmas, so keep the Christmas spirit alive and kick things off with a positive note there. If I recall correctly, my friend's over at Ron's Roost have a wish tree, or at least they do usually every year. And that's where we're going to be for next week's listener lunch on Wednesday. Post election listener lunch should be interesting, to say the least. Also interesting, we'll fast forward one hour. Adam Kayler run for county Commissioner. He'll be in house. He's a brilliant, brilliant guy. Matt Demaris, mister Vets and Bruce, founder of that wonderful charity. They got another bus tour come, but actually it's going to be a couple of them veterans on the bus and drinking beers. It was a hell of a good time. I went on one before. I'm not sure if it was the last one. Pitt was a great time. Details at eight oh five with Matt and then Jonathan Pearson is also running for Couty commissioner. He gets the eight to thirty segment, will close out the show. He'll be in house five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty to two to three. Talk back over to kim Strauss I mentioned earlier I had got a quote from her op at piece. But it's such a wonderful, wonderful observation about where the Democrats are and this whole this, this just disdain they have for anybody on the conservative side of the ledger. Of course, they like to reduce everybody to you know, Maga extremists, that ear Maga extremists, you garbage, you filth, you scum, you sliine, you nazi. And obviously that's not a great game plan. And this is what Kimberly's point is. God bless her. She does a wonderful job, and she's right. She Republicans lose the election will be in some part due to the contempt Donald Trump has shown his opponent. Should Democrats lose the election, it will be a large part due to their contempt they routinely show to tens of millions of voters. Media doing its best to play it on. Joe Biden's casual insulto half of America as garbage. He was misunderstood it was a gaff. Let's meditate on Donald Trump's garbage trunk stunt. Why on earth would anyone assume Biden would again show derision for voters he's labeled semi fascist, maga extremists, and proponents of Jim Crow two point zero. Well, of course it wasn't a gaff. It's the latest injection of toxic Democrat arrogance and explains the party's electoral struggles. It's of a piece with the open dismissal by the media and elites of critics as idiots, yokels, deplorables, the men accused of toxic masculinity, women written off as handmaids, the religious fanatics, the millions of left scorn with a long list of ist and fobe words. If you don't bow the progressive dogma, you're a fascist, sexist, racist, nationalist, insurrection is demonastic, terrorist, extremist, far rightist, and a homophobe and a Nazi who is bitter and clinging to a gun in religion, these labels are now even being employed as an election strategy, pejoratives to be ascribed to people based on their vote. Michelle Obama's lecture. Obama lectures the men in our lives that only vote for Kamala Harris will prove they take women's health seriously.
Speaker 5: I e.
Speaker 1: Don't be a misogynist. Barack Obama explains the Black men that a favor to vote for Kamala is evidence that quote you're just aren't feeling the idea of having a woman as president close quote don't be a sexist. Mark Cuban reminds us that Donald Trump is never in the company of strong, intelligent women, so don't be weak, dumb gov Voting broad. The award for most reasonable ad this season goes to Vote Common Good, which recruited Julia Roberts to assist with the following ad, which consists of a female voter arriving at the polls with her husband baseball hat wearing a husband I might point out, as Julia's voice explains, she's at the one place in America where women still have the right to choose. The wife and another woman secretly vote for Kamala Green, conspiratorial at each other. On the way out, the patronizing husband gives Wifey a hard stare and asks, did you make the right choice? She responds, sure, did, honey? Remember what happens in the booth stays in the booth, Julia assures the viewers vote Harris Waltz or as progressive activists. Jess Piper tweeted to white women this month, quote, I don't care what kind of sign your husband has put in your yard or what your pastor preaches on Sunday. You can vote your conscience. You can vote for your children and grandchildren. No one will know. Thanks for the stereotypes, ladies. No doubt millions of US females, as soon as we've unchained ourselves from the sink and reread Ephesians five twenty two, will go mindlessly to vote for more inflation and border chaos and dad. After all, we wouldn't want to check the boxes of spineless, stupid and baby hating. But that's the joke. The contempt isn't working. It's alienating large segments of the country, including one key section of the Democratic coalition, the working classes, migrating to the GOP as blue collar laborers wake up to the disdaining the left has for their values and their work. Minority voters too, are feeling and taken for granted. On the verge of voting for Republicans at historic levels, Americans demand more than vote for me because I self attest to a moral superiority. That's about all the left scott right now. It's because the haughty arrogance the press protection has allowed the party to continue living in a bubble that shields them from their failings. Look a dozen left leading parties. A Nobel Prize winning economists just assured us that up is down, so we're good. It also shields them from average voters' views. One of the gentler yeah telling putdowns of this election came from Tim Walls, who pronounced, the Republicans are weird, hilarious. Want to know what's really weird? Taxpayer funded sex change surgeries for felons, attempts to regulate col flatulence, the expectation that fewer police will mean less crime, the sixteen to nineteen project decriminalizing border crossing, boys competing in girls' sports, the word Latin X. Sizable majorities of Americans think all of this is the nuts, Yet these remain staples of democratic policy and rhetoric. Progressors are fooling themselves if they think a close election is proof the insults are working. The independent and female voters who might pull this out for Democrats aren't voting in favor of this rhetoric or progressive policies, but rather against a very specific and alienating individual, mister Trump. He probably won't be on the ballot again. She sort of jokingly observes, insults are the last refuge of fools, and there was a day when politicians on both sides understood the likability factor in elections. Hard to like a party that views you as trash. Kim strassel Amen underscore. Read it, Send it out to your friends. Get a copy of the Wall Street Journal. I don't get paid to support the Wall Street Journal, but I do support them because listen to that writing. It's beautiful. Six fifteen fifty five KR see de talk station. Feel free to call in. I want to mention now odo exit because it's great products. Several products actually four go to odor exit dot com spelled od o r xit. What do you want to get rid of by way of smell? Mold, maybe, mildew, pet odor, human odor, any kind of odor, And that's what oto Exit's all about, getting rid of all the odors that you regularly encounter on well and sometimes thankfully rarely encounter. Yet it's great to have oto exit products around when something like a skunk nukes your dog at is no tomato juice is not going to work. Odo exit will eliminate it all like immediately.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Nobody likes bad odors right now. Fifteen percent off on Odor Exit Magic Eliminator AQM or moms, So buy it and get set fifteen percent off to buy it and have it delivered to your door. Buy tomorrow, just order it online before three pm. You can buy us buy it at stores locally, but take advantage of the fifteen percent off sale odorexit dot com. Get it delivered tomorrow and the odor will be gone tomorrow. And you know why. I know that guaranteed satisfaction or your money back US as directed and if it doesn't work, you get your money back. Although if it doesn't work initially, I strongly encourage you to call them because they have little tricks of the trade to help get rid of that peskyodor. Odor Exit dot Com fifty five KRC Hi everyone, It's Jacob six twenty fifty five parrise detok station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Time five fifty on AT and T phones David and say oh yeah, as we go to the phones. Marning's on the phone on a Maureen, how are you this morning? Welcome to the show, Hi, Brian.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to touch on a couple of things that your caller mentioned this morning. One of the things was about the interview and how they seem to keep harping on the footage that was taken out of a sixteen minutes in a few with Kamala. But I didn't know if you had a chance to listen to the Joe Rogan interview on Friday, and Trump mentioned two things he taught, well several things, but two of those things were about that edited interview. He said, that's like the most devastating, dangerous media in our history that did that. And he also mentioned Kamala's cognitive He's calling for a cognitive test for her to be done. I didn't you know, remember the last time I called it said that one of the October surprises would be something about some edited the interview tape. Well that turned out to be that. Now Trump is suing as of yesterday, he's suing CBS News for ten billion dollars in damages, any stating that.
Speaker 7: The network.
Speaker 9: Their deceptive conduct for the purpose of election interference in fraud, and it goes on and on about that. That's a gateway plant an article from yesterday, but also the Kamala the as far as calling for a cognitive interview, there's a news mes article and it's by doctor Heath King is his name, and he's a psychotherapist, and he said he's not diagnosing Kamala, but he's saying that just based on his observation of her, that she has something known as pseudo Bulbar aspect, which is neuropsychological disorder that arises from trauma, most often from allegian to the head, resulting in damage of neurofiber transmission. Well, anyway, she.
Speaker 1: Get dropped on her head when she was a baby, is that the Zelad explains.
Speaker 9: Well, apparently she was hit by a rock when she was in fifth grade on a schoolyard quarrel and it's in her memoir. So the theory is the possibility that they will call for this cognitive test and that will be the excuse to change her out during the period after the turmoil after the contested election. So I'm just putting that out there as something to keep an eye on that she could be replaced because of her cognitive issues well on her memoirs.
Speaker 1: I will not give her credit for intellect or being quick with a coherent response during on the fly conversation, but I mean, given her age and what she has accomplished at least being able to navigate going to work and holding positions and holding public office, I'm gonna go probably with a hard no on that one. However, I also observe that I don't think she has any obligation to take a cognitive test, so she can just say no and we'll never know. But if you're really that cognitively challenged, you a diagnosible of a problem. It would seem to me that that might have cropped up over her long political career. But I don't know. Maybe it's who you know or who you have a relationship with. It's more fundamentally important than how well your brain functions. So I appreciate the call, Maureen, as I always do, and I prefect Joe, and thanks very much for the regular updates and information, including as Maureen let me know this morning, was talking about. I can't remember what I was talking about. Oh, I was guessing about that massive fire underneath the bridge, you know, I didn't realize there is nowhere down there for cars to drive around. Joe's been there a whole bunch of times. This playground beneath the four to seventy one bridge, the Dan Beard Bridge, and he said, it's all treated lumber. He said, very well, could have caught on fire. I'm guessing arson now. But the time, I said, an electric vehicle, because you know how difficult those things are to put out, and how much just raging flames they put out. And as she forwarded me this link, there is a lithium battery recycling plant in Missouri that I mean just blew up yesterday, huge, and they've got it on video. They timing is everything was Frederickstown, Missouri, and the video filmed by some guy named Jacob Arms who was standing there. Smoke's coming out of the building and all of a sudden boom, the whole top of the building blows off. So it's a recycling plant used to recycle lithium ion battery related materials from battery manufacturers, automotive OEMs, battery dealers, recyclers and processors worldwide. Described as one of the largest lithium ion battery processing facilities in the world, and when you see the amount of smoke and presumably toxic chemicals, they did have an issue an evacuation order for citizens in the area. I'm just wondering what the carbon footprint was from that wonderful green based technology that we call lithium ion batteries. Yeah, six twenty five fifty five krc DE Talk Station Tech Friday with Dave Hadter coming up next after I mentioned my friend John Ryan, who is Prestige Interiors, one of the same they are so got to press THEGE one two to three dot com and see what John's done over the years, at least a whole bunch of the projects he's done. I'm talking specifically. Kitchen Remodeling's his forte his area of expertise. He's been doing kitchen remodeling for more than thirty years a plus with the BBB, and I'll give him one too, because we love what he did with our kitchen. I think my wife said it was fifteen years ago. The other day someone had asked about the kid was like, no way, it has been that long. Anyway, still loving it to this day. Everything he did for us has just worked out to our just ultimate satisfaction. That'd be the case with you from initial design to final installation. You have a true partner in your kitchen remodeling project. From the smallest type of project just replacing the cabinets and or countertops, to gut the whole thing and starting all over for better design and storage and function, which is the route We went with John and again love what he did, and so will you check it out online? And pressed these one two to three dot com then give him a call and Tom Brian said, how would you do if you don't mind five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine fifty five the talk station six thirty on a Friday. It is that time of week brought to you by intrust It Currenting the Business Career. They are the best in the business when it comes to your business computing needs, keeping you safe, best practices, out of trouble and unringing the bell of I guess somebody hacking into your system. Dave Hatter, thanks for your company interest it, for all that you do, for all the businesses locally who rely on your excellent services, and for joining the fifty five Cassey Morning Show every week to hopefully scare the hell out of us enough that will listen to you and get off TikTok, among other things.
Speaker 5: Good to have you back, brother, always good to be here, Brian. And yeah, hopefully people will stop using TikTok.
Speaker 1: And I know you saw it real quick here and I know it's not on the list, but I got a big kick out of this. Not a whole lot of details other than a Russian court this previous Wednesday hit Google with a fine, a fine of twenty twenty decillion dollars that will be a two followed by thirty four zeros, which amount exceeds the gross domestic product of the entire planet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's quite hilarious. It'd be interesting to see how they plan to collect on that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 1: It'll start the final start doubling every day. Google does not pay it off after the first nine months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess if you work for Google, you should stay out of Russia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose so. I guess they suspended YouTube in Russia as well. Anyway, let us start now with one third of the US population, and what's happened to their information there, mister hatter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a this is something We've talked about many times, and it just keeps happening and it's really unfortunate. You know. Most recently, prior to this particular story, we've seen the National Public Data data breach, which was a bad one because National Public Data is a background check company. And the thing I like to try to explain to people, and it's really important to understand this because when there's when you have someone like a background check company that has collected extremely sensitive data and lots of it about you, places you've worked before, places you've lived before, your family members' names, maybe phone numbers. You know, that data becomes really powerful in the hands of bad guys because whether it's there use that data to impersonate you and take out, you know, credit in your name or whatever, or they use that data to impersonate someone you have worked with, like your bank or an employer or whomever. Right, they have lots of data, so it makes it easier for them to call you on the phone and pretend to be whoever. Right, the sheriff's office, Well, okay, mister such and such, you have this problem and we need you to do this thing or other. And you know, when you start asking questions they know enough about you to convey that it's legit. It's not just some random scam. And that's why these data breaches are really bad. And so we've had another large one again, National Public Data, which is a background check company, was breached not long ago. Now we have mc square, which is another background check company, with millions of records stolen again according to this article, likely to be human error, that exposed one hundred and six million records containing private information about US citizens. So you know, that's on top of National Public Data and other data breaches that have occurred. And it goes on to say in this article some of the things that it might include would be email, IP address and partial payment information, home addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers, property records, legal records, et cetera. So again, it gives the bad guys an enormous amount of useful information to either impersonate you or to impersonate organizations and agencies and entities that can be used to defraud you somehow. So it's not good. And unfortunately, Brian, as we've discussed also many times, while these things keep happening, we can't seem to get any kind of national privacy law if you look at IAPP, that's the International Association of Privacy Professionals. They have a map that shows you which states have privacy laws and which states don't, and kind of where each state is at on this. Eighteen states have a privacy law last I checked. I'm happy to say I like to say this all the time because it's rare. Kentucky actually beat Ohio to something for a change. We have a data privacy law that goes into effect next year. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than nothing I know. Ohio has something working its way through the legislature. These things give you some protection as a consumer. Again, they're not perfect, and until we get to a place where most people realize that these kind of data breaches are bad, they affect them much more so than the companies that are breached. I mean occasionally, these companies don't survive this. They just get a black GUYE and they move on. And it's you and I and your listeners that suffer when all this data is leak. So we need, well I'm generally an anti regulation guide. We need a national data privacy law that has teeth that incentivizes people. Again, nothing's perfect. There's no way to completely block this stuff. But when you don't really have any significant consequences other than bad will in the public, you know, are you going to do the right things spend the money? And apparently the answer is no, because we keep seeing these things over and over and over again. So yeah, it's bad. And my last point, because it will be out of time, is if you get a letter telling you your data has been breached, whether it's National public data or whomever. Right, I've gotten several of these letters from different organizations and have my data stolen somehow. When you get that letter, open it, read it carefully, and take action on whatever they tell you to do. If they offer you free credit monitoring for a year, take it. It's crazy not to. And then you know, freeze your credit, keep an eye on your accounts.
Speaker 1: Definitely freeze your credit. That is so easy to do.
Speaker 5: It is, and it's it's free, it's easy, And I mean, how often do you need to apply for credit?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 5: Freeze it if you do and put it back. So yeah, that's something everyone can do today, and I would suggest that.
Speaker 1: They do well. You told people to open the letter and do whatever they said. My only concern is if that a notice comes electronically and it is in itself a spoof or scam, and you're signing up for credit protection, you're giving more information.
Speaker 5: That is a valid point for thank you that you dave. Don't act on anything electronic. Wait for the actual postal mail letter. Almost always these companies will send you a letter in the mail on printing it on paper. Now, even that could be scammed, but that costs real money. Right to mail out thousands of letters is quite expensive versus sending phishing emails. Yeah, don't don't trust a mail or don't trust an email. Wait for the letter and then act.
Speaker 1: Go through life with a suspicious, jaded, cynical attitude. Next time malicious lookalike domains more reasons to be jaded and cenecal. First, foreign Exchange. You know, I to make fun of evs all the time. I still want to own one. I know a lot of people want them and some dear friends who own them. And you know, EV's have to be serviced. If you own a Tesla, foreign Exchange now can service your testa. They've been through all the training, so they're a Tesla service. As well as just generally imported automobiles, which is you know that's this really stand out because Austin has an amazing team of a SC certified Master technicians at the Westchester location. They're great people. Matter of fact, taking my wife's car in their next Tuesday hit a lower spoiler get torn up on a parking bump. That does happen, So they're going to replace that for her. Maybe get an oil change while I'm at it, and I'll save heap loads of money on that one I already know. But on the service itself, I'll save heatloads of money versus the dealer. And that's the point of going to Foreign Exchange. Why spend money you don't have to. They will fix it's your car. You will leave with a full warranty on parts and service, and also with more money in your pocket than had you taken it to the dealer. Bottom line is your bottom line. West just the location as I recommend, I seventy five to the Tylersville exit east on Tylersville just two blocks, It's basically two streets. Hang a right on Kinglin. You're there and you'll see it when you make that turn. Online finament Foreign X for in the letter X dot com tell the crew. Brian said, how when you call them up for an appointment, it's five one, five one three, six four four twenty six twenty six. That's six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five KRC dot com cyber attacks and cybercrime are really on sixty one if you five KRC decalk station. When that Tech Friday with Dave had or interest it dot com find Dave and the crew for your business computer needs. On over to malicious lookalike domain. Saw an article in the Wall Street Journal this morning about how the Chinese and Russians have set up all kinds of fake media influence sites to try to get the Hispanic populations, Black populations, Muslim populations to vote the way they want. Russians apparently want Trump, and the Irradiance apparently want Harris, and they're all creating fake news sites. But is that what we're talking about here when you talk about malicious lookalike domains?
Speaker 5: Well, essentially the same sort of thing. It really speaks to spoofing. So spoofing is the idea that you're going to create something electronic that looks legitimate but isn't. It could be an email, it could be a voice call, it could be a text message, it could be an entire website. It's really easy to spoof an email and send something to someone that appears to have come from an email address that's legit, when in actuality it's not. It's sadly, Brian, it's really easy to do this, and same thing for a phone number. I mean, you can go online right now and find websites where you can sit down and type in a phone number that you want a call or text to appear to come from, and then send it such that when your phone rings or you get a text message, it came from that number, even though that's not the it originated from. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: It does, but I'm guessing that that site that lets you do that is probably soaking up a whole bunch of information from you by your using the site.
Speaker 5: In many cases, like you can pay for apps that do this. I mean, you can find free sights online that will let you do one text message or something to try it. But my point really is it's it's the spoofing that's easy. It's not because of the way the Internet was originally designed and the fact that it was designed a long time ago before people could envision all these different usages and all these different attacks that would be launched over it. You know, the underpinning technology that makes this stuff work is just inherently insecure, and you have to kind of retrofit stuff on top of it. So the bad guys know this, and they take advantage of this to spoof you in a variety of different ways to create legitimacy for whatever sort of fraudulent thing they're trying to pull, which could include like right now, it's also really easy. You don't have to have a lot of technical skill to do anything I just described. You just have to know the right questions to asking where to look. But you can also go out and get software that will crawl the website, which basically it just goes through the entire site, sucks down the content, and then I can go register or look alike or doppelganger domain. It's sometimes called typo squatting. And the easiest way I can explain this is, you know, think about it like this. Let's say you go to Poland when they speak Polish, right, they don't speak English there for the most part, and they have a different character set, like their keyboard is different, their writing is different. Russia. Pick any country you want where they use a language under than English. The computer understands a different character set, and in some cases the characters that language use look very much like English characters. So you may have like the cryllic letter A or I don't know what they call it, but it looks like a lowercase A, but it's not. It's very very similar to the naked eye. Unless you look carefully, you will not be able to tell the difference. The computer knows the difference. So I register a domain and I use another character set, so I can create something that looks just like fifty five KRC. Right, that's probably not a great example. Let's pick something else, IBM. So the I I replace maybe with a lowercase L or some letter or another character set that looks like that to the naked eye. So when I send you a phishing email that looks like it came from IBM, and you click the link in it that looks like it points to IBM dot com, it doesn't. It points to something else, but you don't see that. And that's what this is referring to. And bad guys are setting these up constantly. This recent study shows you know, like five hundred major brands have these typosquad or slash lookalike websites set up, and you know, the farious intent is usually either one of two things. You get some kind of phishing email or text, you click the link, you go there and ask you to log in, so they harvest your credentials because they know either a they're getting your credentials for something like Microsoft, or b they know people use the same user name and password the same credentials across multiple sites. Or B it's got some kind of malware. Ransomware is something keystroke lagger, it's going to download when you visit it. So the important point, the takeaway for this is to understand this is a thing that anything you get electronically, whether it's an email, a text with a link QR code that's sent to you somehow, you know it. If you can't scan it with the naked eye and easily tell that it's legit, you shouldn't click on it. And because of this spoofing, you know, that just adds to the complexity of this. So you should always and I hate to say this, Brian, but you know we live in a time now where you have to be skeptical of it. Almost anything you get electronically and you really need to verify things before you click on them, because I mean, this study shows you this is a very prevalent technique. New bad websites are being set up all the time, and you know, if you're not careful, sadly, you will get scammed.
Speaker 1: And if you're not careful, you're using a fitness app and that will help you find out where the President of the United States is. We'll talk about that one next with Dave had or one more with Dave. But first a word for my dear friend Peter Shabia Keller Williams and his team Keller Williams seven Hill's best real estate group in Cincinnati, number one. They're mission your five star experience. Their real estate agents are the cream of the crop. Without question. They bring you tremendous value giving the level of knowledge and experience. Whether they're acting, is your buyer's agent or seller's agent, You're going to get a return on your investment with the Shabri group of Keller Williams seven Hill offering programs that nobody else has instant offer. That's kind of my favorite one because I went through the process of selling a house. You don't want to do it. You don't want to stage it, you don't want to take care of the dogs. You don't have to leave the house, you don't have to paint anything, change the carpet, all the things that someone may recommend to maximize the value of the sale. Just call a Sabri group. You're gonna have a cash offer within forty eight hours of them seeing your property. You can close as little as fourteen days after that. In other words, less than three weeks from today. You're done. You're moving on. You've got it, love it or leave it program cash the keys program there you go check it all out online and call them up on zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. And if you want to call them up, which you should five one three of course, seven zero eight three.
Speaker 10: Thousand, fifty five KRC the talk station the Jungle will be alive app six if you one.
Speaker 1: Wrapping up one more segment of Tech Friday with Dave Hadder, which begins every Friday at six thirty intrust it dot com where you find Dave and the crew before we get to Adam Kaylor. After the top of the urndio news will be in studio. We got one more topic, and that would be tracking people with a fitness app. This is kind of scary and you would have thought they'd have seen this one coming, Dave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, Brian, do you think that I would think it's a good idea to use these apps? No, especially if you don't understand what data they're collecting and how their privacy policy work.
Speaker 1: Dave, I would love to have one because of the information it would pass along to me for the little prods to get off your butt and move around whatever. But it's hooked up to the Internet, and its hooked up to because people were soaking up all the data. Hell, no period in the story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it so.
Speaker 5: For a long time. Prior to Google acquiring them, I had a fitbit and you know it was helpful because I could throw it all my wrists, walk around, go for a run, whatever. It kept track of all that gave me all these statistics and you know, would incentivize me to want to be more active because I could kind of see where I'm at right and I mean, you know me, the instant that Google bought them, I'm like and it's kind of interesting because the fitbit I had at the time, the glue on the band kind of broke, like, well, I'm just not going to get another fitbit because I'm not going to give Google that data. And now I will tell you, you know, you're if you have an Apple phone, it's got built in tracking if you want to use it, so it'll keep track of your steps and you know how many flights of stairs did you go up and all that sort of stuff. That data is going to Apple. Obviously I wouldn't share it with any third party apps. So you know, I can, I can get my step count that sort of thing from my phone. I'm not going to go with a third party app. And here's the problem with all of these things, right, and this is problematic with any app you install on your phone, any third party app, if it's free. You have to ask yourself, well, okay, the developers that wrote the programming for that, the infrastructure that supports that, you think they're just giving you all that because they're nice people, And the answer is obviously no. You know, they have mortgages. They like to eat too, so they got to get paid somehow, which means you are the product, not the customer and then depending on what they want to do with your data. And you know, we've seen this kind of problem with Venmo before, Like I don't use Venmo, and I would recommend that people not use any of these payment apps, or at least be very very careful when you do, you know, like have a separate bank account that's connected to and only keep a certain small amount of money in it. But anyway, make a long story short. You know, Venmo, the default setting originally was everything was public, so someone else could go look at every single transaction you did. And that's that's kind of the thing we're seeing here, right, So when you look at this particular app, Strava, and it's not the only one, and the angle they're shooting for here is, okay, you've got people in secret service or other government agencies that might be using this app that this story came up not long a couple of years ago around like military bass, where you have people in the military who are using these fitness apps to help try to stay in shape, and like you can see where they go. So that's the problem. Depending on the privacy settings, you could potentially be using one of these apps and someone else could see where you're at every day. So whether it's a stalker or a criminally a thief of some sort, or if you're some kind of high value target, someone that would want to kidnap you or take you out, they could potentially access this data. So again, I understand the value of these fitness apps to people, but at the same time, I would strongly recommend before you use any of these things above and beyond whatever is native to your phone, understand how the privacy policy works, how the privacy settings work, and what is the risk to you and your family of this information being exposed.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Again, that's why I don't have one. Dave, appreciate your advice. I rely I rely on it throughout the week. I knock would knock wood twice ten times. Haven't any problems yet Now that I say that, probably happened the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you just cursed both I did.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: Next, if I can just cham in one thing real quick for anyone that lives in Fort Wright, I want you to go out and vote to re elect all six Incombent council members. We have a challenger, a perennial challenger, you know, the six Incombent council members have done an amazing job. If you live in Fort Right, Kentucky, vote to re elect these six people. You know we've cut top property tax rates twenty eight percent in the last few years, thirteen percent this year alone, Brian. These people are doing a great job. These people are doing an amazing job. They deserve to be re elected. If you live in Fort Right, vote for the incumbents.
Speaker 1: Well, it's your time and you use it to your advantage. And I can't encourage people enough to listen with Dave says. I do every week and it's worked out well for me until next Friday, my friend. Thanks again to you and interest it for the segment and for the information. We'll talk next Friday. Have a great weekend and good luck with Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Always my pleasure, Brian.
Speaker 1: Thanks thanks brother. Six fifty six. Adam Kayler running for Camlon Hellent Nunny Commission will be in studio. We're gonna hear from Matt Damaris at eight oh five Vets and Bruce awesome organization. I participated in that and it is indeed a great time. So veterans be around at eight h five for the deats on that and then running for Camlon Kenny Commissioner Jonathan Pearson back in studio at eight thirty. Stick around it right back your voice, even if they know the truth that Donald Trump's a better pitch your vote.
Speaker 11: Who's not gonna want to handout and like.
Speaker 5: Vote for that?
Speaker 1: On fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by medic.
Speaker 1: Tip five kir CV talk station. Very Happy Friday. So yeah, I hope you can make it a good Friday. It's happier for me because man, I've gotten it really well over the past oh years. So Adam Taylor's in studios running for Hamlem County Commissioner. You can find Adam online. Get his website Adam koe h l e r Adam Taylor dot com. There's all the information. A fiscally responsible guy he is, and man with a plan on open door policy. Could you have you back in the studio. Yeah, Brian, thanks again, it's a pleasure. We're talking about that Brent spent or the Dan Beard Bridge fire going on. Wow. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 12: Now the park down there, which is a really nice park for the kids, was there. Yeah, Now it's it's cinders. But you've got that same problem happened on seventy five, and I remember that being closed down for a long time while they inspected it. And you know when that kind of structural issues, yeah, the metal and yeah, it gets kind of wild. So I won't be taking for seventy one.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone's going to be taking for seventy one for a while. Maybe down for a long time. Again, you got the Brent Spence illustration as a suggested guide post on how long it could take. Anyway, he didn't call him come in to talk about fires on bridges, came in and talk about the commissioner's race. So how are you feeling about it as we faster approach?
Speaker 12: I guess we could say dumpster fires, I mean the presidential election. Yeah, but there's I'm feeling really good. I think a lot of these Hamilton County down ballot candidates. What happens nationally is you're going to see that reflected in a lot of our races. And right now things are looking really good. Atlas Intel, which was the most accurate polster in twenty twenty, right now they have Trump up five in Arizona, up four, North Carolina up four, Nevada up two in Georgia up one point one in Pennsylvania, one point two in Michigan, and just barely up point three in Wisconsin. They are the most accurate polster. If you go look at the chart, they were at the top and they were more accurate by far than most of the other posters. And then CNA comes out with some crazy pol yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, they've always got one or two poles out there. They've sort of you know, flipped the narrative on I pulled it. Of course you might deem more accurate. So we don't trust the folks that seen in a whole way.
Speaker 12: Even Fox, I mean Fox sometimes lean's left a little bit, which is wild. But they you know, they've got Trump winning. Most polls have Trump winning the popular vote, which hasn't happened in a long time, I think since the eighties. So if he wins the popular vote, I mean it's gonna be a landslide.
Speaker 1: I mean most things.
Speaker 12: I mean, I see conservative, not conservative as you know conservative politically, but conservative. Pollsters have him winning two hundred ninety six electoral votes. And some of the more you know right leaning or up into like the three twenties. But I would say they average out about three twelve. I say the consensus is about three to twelve. Wow, I mean they can almost win in Vermont. I mean, Virginia's in play, for God's sake. The only places I think he's solid are, you know, the West coast. You've got Washington, Oregon, Caln, New Mexico he's got in and then all the states along the East coast obviously, but I mean you've seen New Jersey early voting has been positive for Trump, and it's it's wild. But we got to get out and vote. We got to remember to vote down ballot. That's one problem we've always had is you can get Republicans out, but they'll vote for the president and then off they go. You got to get Melissa Powers in there. Oh, you got to get Tom Brinkman in there. Guys, if we're going to do anything about property taxes in this county, you got to get Tom Brickman in there. And Tom's been busy, you know, his wife unfortunately, you know, with her stroke and stuff. He's had to you know, he's spent a lot of time bringing her places. Every day, he's got to take her somewhere. So it's been a real challenge for him to get out there. So he needs folks like us to get out there and talk and tell people. You know, Tom Brikman guys well and that demonstrates good quality of character. He knows where his priorities are, and his priorities are to his wife and not a political campaign.
Speaker 1: And see it all the time. He's a good man. Yeah, he is a good man. And of course I'll throw a good word in for Jim Neal. I think he can do them much better job as he did before than the current sheriff McGuffey. So that's gotten very political.
Speaker 12: Well, we need Jim in there too, I mean, if I'm going to do anything. You know, the vast majority of the budget for him on county goes to not just the Sheriff's department, but criminal justice in particular, like over half of our budgets going to criminal justice. And you could blame that on the schools. There's not much we could do about that, you know, the pipeline to prison. But you got to get a guy like Jim in there who's open minded about bringing new technologies and making the Sheriff's department more proactive versus reactive. And I think if you could get Jim in there. I could work with a guy like Jim. Oh yeah, because Jim, he's westside guy. He's you know, he's not a guy who's going to waste money. And he understands that, you know, taxpayers don't want to be fronting all this money for unnecessary stuff, clearly.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that it's very appealing about Jim Neil, and he brought it up the other day when he was here on the fifty five KC Morning Show. He's just he's really sort of a political he knows the sheriff. He knows the Sheriff's office is not a political entity. And he's not going to go around attending all kinds of crazy you know, left wing or right wing causes or events. He's going to be busy fighting crime in Hamilton County. That's one true.
Speaker 12: And and Jim's been around, i mean grew up around it. You know, he's he's already done the job. And like I said, it's wild to me. Now a lot of your your best Democrats have become Republican. I mean, look at this, Elon Musk, Taulsey, Gabbard, Kennedy. Now we got a Kennedy on our side. Yeah, amazing, Jim Neil, I mean it's it's it's wild. But the left is not what we used what the left used to be. So you've got a lot of the moderate Democrats moving over to our side. And I hope guys, if you're out there and you're a moderate Democrat or you're you're undecided, I mean, look at the policies go down there. If you're Christian, look at what Kamala said about you know, Christian's not being welcome at her at her rallies.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's the stuff that's coming out. You know, they're garbage people, is what Joe Biden said. I mean, this is it's getting crazy. And you know, we're coming down to the to the wire here, so you're in here are a lot of crazy stuff coming out of candidates. But it seems like the Trump campaign is winning and they're hitting on everything in commologes keeps keep falling apart.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you just keep simply name calling. That's all they got. They got the hate Trump, abortion and hate Trump. That's it. And abortion isn't the federal issues. We all know, it's already been resolved in Ohio, much to many of my listener's chagrin. But vote everybody did, and that was the outcome. But it's no longer a national issue, so that shouldn't even be in the discussion point right now for federal office. And yet they keep bringing it up all these crazy you know, like like I don't know anybody who's and I have a very traditional marriage. What my wife loves her role as wife. You know, she's a traditionalist woman. She's terrific. She works though full time, she makes more than me. But this idea that somehow I could control her decision making, that men are telling the wives what they must do, and that this this ad campaign, like for example, with a Julia Roberts is secretly voting in favor of Kamala Harris. Really yeah, and their husband, well, did you vote the right way?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'sh don't tell him, you know, Come on, man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Julie, are you paying for the groceries? Because that's that's what people were worried about. They're worried about kitchen table issues. They're worried about things that are affecting them right now. They're not worried about this theoretical stuff and the lies the left tells us about ep topic, pregnancies and things like that. Those those are extreme talking points that they use, but people don't necessarily care about that right now. Is abortion affecting your life today?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: But you know what is going up to the grocery store and buying two bags of grocers are costing one hundred fifty dollars?
Speaker 1: Like that's affecting me right now, you know.
Speaker 12: And you notice gas prices are coming down a little bit right before the election, So amazing that. Yeah, but how many years what three and a half years we've had, you know, high gas prices that people have been dealing with. I mean, folks are having to every day decide what they're going to buy and what they're going to forego, and that that's not the American way. The middle class is getting eroded in this country. Every day. The middle class is getting hurt. You've got the extremes now. I mean, even the wage gap has gotten even worse, not the male female wage gap, but the wealth gap between the poor and the rich has expanded since Biden Harris took over. I mean, guys, we can't do another four years this, Like, we gotta get folks out there. You got to go knock on doors, talk to your friends, get people out there. There's people Andrew Pappas on the east side. You know our boy west side, Jim Keefer, he's out there every day. Todd Zinzer, he's out here working. You saw that thing that Cherry Coolidge came out with, how they wasted eleven thousand dollars on those big Biden Harris infrastructure signs. It's just insane. And I was literally one of my clients is a big sign maker. They do all my signs, and I'm on the zoom call with him. Yes, Shay, we're talking about a project. And I'm like, he hadn't seen the article, and I'm like, you should write a blog post about this because there's no way you guys would have charged eleven thousand, five hundred dollars for this kind of nonsense. What five or six signs? Yeah, eleven thousand dollars, guys, this is your tax money. And then the crazy thing is our mayor gets invited to the DNC to speak. One of the city council members goes on to hud like, are those things tied together?
Speaker 2: Are we doing?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 1: Is this a quid pro quo?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 12: Are we doing favors for the federal government. And I keep saying this monopoly we have on city council and county commission He got nine city council members guys, all Democrats. He got three county commissioners, all Democrats. This is the kind of stuff that happens. These are the decisions that they make when you live under a one party monopoly.
Speaker 1: Well, continue with Adam Kaylor again. You can find online at Adamkaylor dot com and his you know, county commissioner issues when we're talking a little bit more broad based politics generally speaking, but very important to do. So we fast approach Tuesday seven sixteen right now. And a very important thing to do is you fast approach chimney and fireplace season. With the warmth and the awesome glow of a fireplace, maybe the free standing stove getting heat to heat your home, take care of your safety. Please call the Chimneycare fireplace and stove and get an inspection. It surely saved me. I mean, I don't know if my house would have burned down, but that was certainly a possibility. After the inspection I got many years ago, ended up having to replace the old fireplace builder special insert because it was a fire hazard. It's gas. I mean I didn't thinking about that. I mean I don't have to worry about creosode build up right now, but you do have to worry about things like that. Is it flowing properly? Do you have a potential carbon monoxide problem? Get a carbon monoxide detector, But maybe you have water damage in there. Gas and wood burners can all have that problem. And a video camera inspection will take care of that. If it needs to be swept certified, Chimney sweeps will do the job. Maybe they'll discovery needs some tuck pointy work cap and damper replacement, that kind of thing. They literally do it all. Showroom chock full of all kinds of things like fireplace inserts and free standing stoves and self feeding wood waste spell at stoves. Get it installed again before the heating season shows up. To get in touch with them, go to Chimneycareco dot com chock full of information. That place Chimneycareco dot Com showroom located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road. The phone number please tell them, Brian said, Hi five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus The better business Bureau five one, three, two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five krc Iheartradios. Here's your channel nine first warning weather forecasts, plenty of sunshine. Says it right there on their rundown high sixty one today, over night little thirty five with clear sky, sixty five under sunny skies Tomorrow overnight little forty four with a few clouds, but sunny again on Sunday with a high seventy two forty five degrees. Right now, it's get an update on that fire situation.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Tramphings Center.
Speaker 6: Count on the expert team and you see Health Orthphoenix and sports medicine no matter the injury, same day appointments available, schedule onlineing you see dot com north as southbound four seventy one shut down due to the fire underneath the bridge at the park and this is now blocking northbound fourth seventy one at two seventy five. That traffic is very heavy. Then to the double A Highway shot ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty here fifty five KERCD talk station, A very happy Friday to you, Adam Kale, run for him, An County Commissioner in studio and he heard my conversation from yesterday regarding the Shenanigans declaration underneath Street House and some campaign contributions from Rumkey. That's interesting because as I understand it, she's a Democrat and she's really out there raising three forms of Holy hell against an East treehouse.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And you know, I've I've I've gotten messages from a lot of people, mostly Democrats, about issues that they've had with candidates that they trusted to do a good job on things like the environment.
Speaker 1: You know, typical demo crat issues.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But again, a lot of this stuff goes back to checks and balances. Brian.
Speaker 12: You just if you've got a monopoly, a one party monopoly running city Council and County Commission, DC policy is going to run Cincinnati. And this is one thing I keep pushing on. You've got, you know, things that are coming down from on high you know, at the DNC that get pushed down to Cincinnati, and those things aren't always right for Cincinnati. But when it comes to environmental issues, I mean that's one thing Hamilton County Commission does have some control over. And when you aren't doing what the people who put you in power expect you to do. Then that's a problem. And this this whole monopoly thing. People just sleepwalk through their entire their entire term.
Speaker 1: I mean, yet no one is there in elected capacity to call them out. Nobody. It's a protectionist environment. I'm not calling out a fellow Democrat because I don't want to be smirge the Democrat party name or have a shot at my fellow Democrat. So yeah, even if they're doing something that I don't miss really believe, and we're just gonna let it fly into the radar, just let it fly.
Speaker 12: And this is the problem too, because a lot of them have their sites set on just like our County Commission. Next thing you know, they're in DC doing things with the Obama administration or the Harris administration or whatever. That's what they have their sit set on. These are career politicians a lot of times we're dealing with and some of the people we've elected here aren't even from Cincinnati. They're not even from the area really, So you've got people coming in here that don't do they really care about say to say, like, I've been here my entire life, Yes this is I'm I will go to war for Cincinnati running because you can't just let people walk into office.
Speaker 1: It's just not good.
Speaker 12: And when they feel like they don't have any competition, that's when they get lazy. That's when they stop working for the people. That's when they just collect their check or is it over a little over one hundred thousand dollars a year or something these county commissioners are making And if you have you don't have to worry ever about anyone even coming close to beating you. Then you know, you just you don't go talk to the people, You don't spend any money. And they were just going to walk into office. That's one of the reasons. John Pearson who's running against Reese, Me who's running against Streetthouse, That's why we're spending this kind of time and this kind of personal money to go. And I got ads running on Facebook now, I've got ads running on another ad network. I've got ads running on Twitter right now. I mean, this is all mostly coming out of my pocket, thinks.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 12: I've had some some donors, friends and family and some of your listeners actually, but we're putting our money out there, in our time out there to fight this stuff. Because we care about Hamilton County, we care about the City of Cincinnati, and we're sick and tired of seeing these things like this assigned situation and this styrene leak and all these situations that come up. That they are a symptom of lazy management, is what that is. And if this was a business, a lot of these people would be fired, if this was an actual business, if this wasn't a government type thing, management and be gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, you and I don't want to focus just on the City of Cincinnati since you're running for a county wide office, but of course, the city of Cincinnati is the you know, the hub of the entire multi county region yere and if the city fails, the everybody tends to fail. But in terms of you know, in terms of one thing that comes to my mind that the failure to keep up with the road and infrastructure maintenance. They're so far behind. They have allocated money every year, and every year it falls behind. They don't even complete what their scheduled to do in the calendar year. So the number of projects just keeps piling up and piling up, and the number of roads that are deteriorated to the point where you can't drive and without getting an alignment at the end of the road. It's they're just multiplying. That is an epic sign of incompetence infrastructure and public safety. You bring those out and you know, of course, low taxes, it's going to be a magnet for every they want to move in. You don't take care of what you got, you don't keep on the projects you're responsible for, you just start slipping. They just starts slipping.
Speaker 12: And I've got a friend in budgeting down at the city and he's been in different departments, and one time he told me that there was so the police officers have to rotate their guns every several years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, have you heard about this city west and buy back? Yeah, they got rid of that. The city returns the used firearms to Smith and Wesson and in return Smith gives them new ones.
Speaker 12: Half a million dollars is what we were getting from it. But because Democrats have this thing with guns, now they have to destroy them all. Yeah, so now we're out five hundred thousand dollars, right.
Speaker 1: And of course that really has a profound impact on the number of firearms.
Speaker 5: In the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, they were I think Smith and Wesson.
Speaker 12: What they were doing is that we're selling them back to police forces in Europe and different countries. But they were going from police to other police.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So, and those are just the weird decisions that get made across the board that are just like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: They're symbolic and they cost the taxpayers money. And what's up with the roads? You mentioned the roads, but it's insane? What's going on right now? We'll Pauzilell bring out of Killer back. It's six twenty six right now. But if I have KC the talk station, ay great time, and anytime, it's a great time for me to remind you that there's a great plumbing outfit out there that'll help you out from northern Kentucky all the way up to Dayton and all parts in between. And that of my friends at Plumb Type Plumbing living by the motto plumbing done right it always is. I'm a great example of that. All the plumbing projects that I've had for them over the years have worked out right. The price has always been right, their customer service is superior, and they're great about letting you know where they are in process. I love getting the phone call in advance telling you exactly listen. GPS says, I'm fifteen minutes away. So the window you have given up front is updated by the folks a plumb tight. You're not just hanging around tapping your toes waiting. They're gonna let you know. You get a picture of the plumb or too, and then contact you electronically give you peace of mind. I know that really gave my mom a peace of mind. Drain and cleaning, of course, pressure issues absolutely, the some pump went bad, your basement being flooded. Of course, plumb type plumbing for all residential plumbing needs their best A plus the better busines Israel, that's theirs. Is a great illustration to my point here. So call them up with confidence. Plumtight dot com where you'll find him online, plumtighttite dot com. Five one three seven two seven tight that's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three fifty five KRC. A minute of hope is Channeline says, we've got a sunny day in our hands. Today sixty one will be the high drying to thirty five overnight with clear sky sunny again. The Barns sixty five overnight down to forty four, partly cloudy and a partly or rather a partly sunny day on Sunday with the highest seventy two forty four degrees. Right now, let's find out about the traffic update.
Speaker 6: Chuck from the UCLP Tramffic Center, Ken on the expert team, and you see Health Orthopedic sand supports medicine no matter the injury. Same day appointments are available schedule online at do you see health dot com. Westbound two seventy five slow from four to seventy one to the double A. That's because northbound fourth seventy one is now shut down at two seventy five from prom earlier. Southbound four seventy one shutdown as well due to that fire underneath the bridge. There's some broking down on forty two's ramp in Florence, just south seventy five. The rampants blocked. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty to fifty five KRCD talk station. We're now from now the other Republican running for County Commissioner, Jonathan Pearson, joins a program at a thirty preceded by Matt Damaris, vets Anne Bruce an opportunity for us to pay back the American veteran and show appreciation for their service to our country by buying them a beer. It's easy concept, and they do a brew bus. So we're talking about that at top of this hour. In the meantime in studio, Adam Kaylor Adam Kaylor dot com koe h l e R running for County Commissioner on a well really sound, contemplative, minding the economics shop kind of platform. He wants to ensure that we get every the value for every dollar that's taken in. He's all about fiscal responsible ability, he's all about open door policies. He's got some great ideas for the county, starting with transparency. Goes back to this, you know unit party we've got in county commissioners right now. You don't get transparency when the whole thing's run by one party. And I would probably say that about the Republicans as well. We have number of illustrations Republicans not playing nicely and that's not me and that's not what I'm about, and I know that's not what Adam's about, which is why I really like and trust him and encourage you to vote for him or at least look into him as a consideration. So, without further ado, I know this is not a county issue, but it is a county issue because it impacts everybody in the state of Ohio. You and I were talking about Issue one, and you know, by all accounts, it looks like it's probably going to pass, and that is a terrible, terrible thing. And I believe you had one statistic that said if it does pass, it's going to flip four congressional seat through that.
Speaker 12: Coming from the party here in Hamilton County. So I was over at the East Side Republican Club speaking the other day and I was told that it's actually from Ohio, from this state of Ohio. This is coming down from the state of Ohio. That it is currently the yes votes are leading the no votes right now. So but it's within the margin verra I mean, which is probably a lot of times two to four points, right. So if we don't want it to pass, which we should not want Issue one to pass, you guys, you need to vote no on Issue one. This is a hail Mary by the Democrats, and not just Ohio Democrats. I'm talking about California Democrats, New York Democrats, and Illinois chamiscracts, leftists, Swiss leftists that are are bringing money in here and throwing tons of money. Guys, you've got to go look up the numbers on this money that they're they've put into this issue one. They have lost Ohio, and they've lost Ohio because Ohio voters are reasonable people and they see what's going on with the Democratic Party. They see how it's moving further and further left, and Ohio is moved and voted more right. And this year, I mean you you the polling is shown Republicans are up eight, seven or eight points in Ohio already. When you look at the polling, well in twenty twenty, they actually had Trump only up like half a point or something in Ohio. He end up winning Ohio by eight That's how big the polling era was. I mean, you've got a seven to eight point gap in the polling era in twenty twenty. So if you apply that Trump could be up in Ohio right now twelve to fifteen points, that would mean they have completely lost Ohio in this issue one situation is a hail Mary by the Democrats, and they're big donors to have any bit of control and any hope at controlling what happens.
Speaker 1: In Ohio, and which really really puzzles me when you see some you know and say what you want about them or their character or what wing within the Republican Party they happen to be if they want Republicans to continue to succeed and win in Ohio. Yet they're still out there campaigning in favor of voting yes on one. I just don't understand that at all.
Speaker 12: Well, to me, guys like this is going to be a group of fifteen unelected people that are you know by that are that are appointed by unelected people that can only get rid of each other. This is adding more bureaucracy. I mean, this is it's crazy. Guys like you don't vote for any of these people. At least people you vote for, you can vote them out.
Speaker 1: Exactly. We have no control over this group, and we have the opportunity to take them to court if they screw up a jerrymandering. This is still jerrymandering. Jerry mandering. Yeah, it's just moving in from you know, elected officials over to this unelected committee. Only individuals on the committee can oust a fellow member, even for malfeasance. It's crazy. I you, an elected official can't sue them for not doing their job or doing their job inappropriately, which means they very well but could become extremely political within their discussions about jerry mandering.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and Brian's an attorney, so Brian, Brian can tell you. I mean, I'm sure you've read through the language and a lot of it's insanity. It's insanity, and this is this is the most comp.
Speaker 1: Ridiculously complex process I think I've ever encountered. And I have encountered a lot of crazy. I'm sure you have.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And I mean, guys, most of you aren't going to read through the language the way a guy like Brian knows how to read through the language. You'll, yeah, you'll fall asleep exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Part of being an attorney is being able to stay awake while you're reading this stuff. But you know the way they word things and the way when you go to the polls or when you go and you go to vote, You're going to read this thing and it's going to seem super complicated. Just remember vote no, That's all you got to do. Just go in there, vote no, because this is insane.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 12: The last set of maps were approved by Democrats. I mean, that's how we get them through. Yeah, it's it's not like this wasn't a unanimously decided map. And the way the maps get drawn up, like you kind of got to keep each district the population, You got to think about the culture there and all that.
Speaker 1: That's the way they have to do these maps. Now.
Speaker 12: So what's different about the way they're going to draw these maps. Well, what's different is is you've got unelected people doing it this time, unelected people who knows what the Republicans that are going to get elected are those rhino guys. I mean, if you're a hardcore Republican, you should be concerned about the Republicans that are going to be on that group representing you.
Speaker 1: You're like the blue twenty two. Oh yeah, like the Blue twenty two guys. Great illustration of that one. Thanks for me coming up with it, Adam Kahler. Don't go away. We're going to continue here in a minute. First, a very very strong recommendation to call fastened pro roofing for all roofing and a lot of exterior project needs. These are the folks man. I'm telling you they are craftsmen at the work that they do. And I custom metalwork like over a bay window for example, they do it. And they do gutters of all types, including box gutters, gutter guards. If you want to keep the leaves out of your gutters, great idea of that. And I got my gutters replaced with the gutter guards. When I had my roof replaced by Fast and Pro, I paid for an upgrade to the fifty year warranted shingle. They're going to give that one to you, that upgrade for free. So if you need a new shingle roof, you're well covered with the Certainty land Mark Pro fifty years shingle. But maybe you want a metal roof to substitute after the shingle.
Speaker 7: They do that.
Speaker 1: Maybe you need repairs on your slate, your air terra cotta, they do it. If it's roofing, they do it both residential and commercial. And trust me, they are trust worthy, unlike so many roofing companies there, and they rip you off business Fast and Pro deserves your trust because they will not wi to you. You don't have any concern about that, so call them the inspection is free, and they may come off your roof and say you're in good shape. Wouldn't that be wonderful news? Give you peace of mind, give you an idea about how much life your roof has left in it, or in my case, hail damage may end your roof's life. But that's what the inspection uncovers. A plus with a better business peer, solid folks. I know them all very very well. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five Online it's fastened, faste n fastenproroofing dot com fifty five KRC. What's the best place to reach new customer? Time for the nine first one weather forecast. Plenty of sunshine today, highest sixty one, clear skuys overy night thirty five. It will be sunny again the man with the high sixty five, A few clouds over Saturday nine and a partly sunny Sunday with the highest seventy two. I think it is forty five degrees Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 2: Chuck from the uc UP Tramphics Center.
Speaker 6: Count on the expert team at you See Health, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine no matter the injury. Same day appointments are available schedule online at you see health dot com. North and southbound fourth seventy one shutdown. That is due to an early morning fire underneath the bridge and they need to do an inspection before anything can reopen. Westbound two seventy five is heavy because that's where they're blocking off northbound four seventy one, and that's the traffic continues to THEAA Highway.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven one code UND seven forty two fifty five k SE DE talk Station, enjoying my wide range of topic conversation with Adam Kaylor who's running for Hamlet and County Commissioner and the BEG Emphis. This of course all morning throughout his campaign is he needs some diversity of opinion there. If for no other reason, then an alternative point of view might cause us when we read about it, to engage in a little more discussion and debate about any given issue. It's really critically important, and you can trust Adam. He's not some wing nut where you know, he's actually got this wonderful background, proven businessman. He understands things like you know, crypto and technology. And he's used that even in didn't you use that over some measure at this a creative a school of creative and performing arts here at your alma mater. Oh well, we did.
Speaker 12: I mean we've done tons of stuff, Like in twenty seventeen, I brought the first ever crypto conference to the Midwest. So and that was actually over at the Coming Convention Center if you want to call that the Midwest, but that was the that was the affordable convention center where you'd bring it to. But we had two hundre people show. It was two hundred bucks a ticket. Most of the big cos in Cincinnati, Kroger, P ANDNG sent representatives there to understand, you know what, how crypto is what a digital dollar looks like.
Speaker 1: God forbid we ever get one of those here? Oh yeah, I talked about that with Warren Davidson.
Speaker 12: Oh man, I'm telling you Warren Davids And one is one of the OG's, Bernie Marino, one of the ogs. He actually actually went to one of his blockchain conferences up in Cleveland, was called block Land, and I wanted to do here in Cincinnati. I want to probably bring another one of these back, maybe next year, we'll see how it goes. But I'm gonna call ours block toberfest.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 12: I love it, but AI blockchain, I mean you there's a push by and I don't know what it is on the left, but they are they are very hesitant to adopt new technology. I mean even crypto blockchain stuff. I mean, I was buying bitcoin was four hundred bucks, you know, and now it's trading into a little over seventy thousand dollars. And even though you have the evidence, it's still like, oh, that's not good. That's not good AI. I use AI every single day to write proposals to change things. I mean to write copy, adjust copy. I mean, these are technologies that could save tons of time. Think about the county. These county workers. Every day, they do these monotonous tasks that are boring. Why not get them out of that kind of stuff. Incorporate something it's going to save them time, make their jobs more efficient, and make them happier.
Speaker 1: Well sounds like a good idea to me. So this is the type of technology that you could bring to Hamilton County as a commissioner. Yeah, money saving, time saving technology, make make the workers happy.
Speaker 12: I mean my mom worked at the IRS that that sweatshop they had over there for years. Hated it right, pushing paper all day. I mean this was obviously the eighties and nineties. But these government workers, I mean their jobs, they are just the same thing over and over again. I imagine that life coming in every single day, Like you can't have an efficient county and you can't find savings if your workers are miserable every day they hate coming into their jobs.
Speaker 1: That creates great inefficiency.
Speaker 12: Great inefficiency, and we have to fix that. I bet you if we just fix that and we have happier workers at the county that are doing things that they like to do that they actually they'd be doing when they came and worked at that job, I bet you we can find money savings just right there, all.
Speaker 1: Right, one more time with Adam Kaylergan Adam Kayler dot com. Time to take a break at seven forty five right now and remind you that medical imaging can in fact be affordable. And you won't find affordability at the hospital imaging department where they'll charge you I don't know, probably no less than two thousand dollars for any given image, whether it's an MRI CT scan, Echo cardigram ultra sound, lung scoring lung screening rather cardiac scoring. All of these images are done at Affordable Imaging Services at a mere fraction, So an MRI at the hospital thirty five hundred dollars separate bill for the board certified Radiologist report, which your doctor will need. That's where the interpretation comes from. You get a separate bill for that. So maybe you're out of pocket four thousand dollars, or you have to pay a sizeable fraction of that because maybe you haven't exhausted, you're out of pocket, liability, you have a co pay, whatever the case may be. I bet you're out of pocket. It's going to be more expensive than the entire MRI, which is four hundred and ninety five bucks. You need a contrast, it's going to be a little bit more, but everything comes with a Board Certified Radiologist Report CT scan five grand at a hospital four p fifty. I had my last CT scan at Affordable Imaging Services, where the overhead is extraordinarily low. I'm not going to tell you anything different, but it's the same equipment. It's smart people who've been at this for like forty years doing the imaging. Did my doctor look at the image and say this isn't good or not understand? The radiologist sport now it was all fine. I told her ahead of time I wasn't going to go to the imaging department at the hospital. She said fine, and everything turned out great, including my bottom line, which was vastly improved over what I would abay at the imaging department. So don't do that. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. You can go to Affordable Imaging Services for your imaging and save heap loads of money. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand and tell them, Brian said, how can you get in touch with them? Go online? Check it all out Affordable Medimaging dot com, fifty five KRC. Here's your weather forecast and Channel nine sunny day to day with the highest sixty one down to thirty five overnight clear skies Sunday Tomorrow sixty five overnight partly thotty with a low forty four. Sunday is going to be a partly sunny day, said chancey Showers is on there. Seventy two is going to be died right now, forty five degrees. Time for a traffic update shuck from the.
Speaker 6: UC Health Traffic Center found on the expert team at you See Health orth Phoenix. In sports medicine, No matter the injury, same day appointments are available.
Speaker 2: Schedule online at u sehealth dot com.
Speaker 6: North and southbound four to seventy one shut down due to problems underneath the bridge and there has to be an inspection before any lanes can reopen. They've blocked off northbound four seventy one at two seventy five and that is slowing traffic over to the Double A Highway. Northbound seventy five now up to a twenty minute delay between Buttermilk and downtown.
Speaker 2: Schot Fingbermann fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty here fifty five kr c detalk station grabbing up this hour with one more saying with Adam khal Or, a last opportunity to speak to if I've care see morning show listeners in advance of Tuesday. And I think he's making a good case across the board for his understanding of matters political. Obviously, he is a broad level of intelligence when it comes to you know, things technical like cryptocurrency and even figured out a way that the city of Cincinnati could make heaploads of money using their solar panels to just mine crypto. And I thought, I don't know that they can engage in private money making enterprises like that, But he said, you really literally could make money if you harness that electricity source and applied it solely to mining crypto. And I don't want to go down a whole road on that because to me, that whole thing, that mining aspect, is like the peace of God. It passes all human understanding. But you get the last final words here, Adam. Let my listeners know why it's important to vote for you. And maybe you know you got a pet project you plan on kicking off once you're elected. Let us know about it. Well.
Speaker 12: The big thing is is I'd love to audit the county. I'd love to find out exactly where all of our money's going. I'd love for taxpayers to be able to go on log in see a pie chart of every bit of tax are Say you paid you know, ten thousand dollars in taxes last year. I want to see a pie chart, and I want to see a breakdown of where what every department got of my ten thousand dollars. Then I want to be able to click into each one of those and I want to be able to find out what that department does. But more importantly, I want to find out if they're hitting their goals. Do they even have goals? Does the does the park system have goals? Does the sheriff's department have goals? What are your goals? Are we going to set goals that say, hey, figure out how to save us ten percent more money this year that we can reallocate into something else that's going to.
Speaker 1: Right going this? I love that because going back to your efficiency and your happy worker, you know, are more productive kind of concept. We do have a tendency to just say, oh, we love the parks, let's go vote for the Levey. We don't know what's happening opening we can see that, you know, I guess they're well maintained or everything. But is there an easy Can you have the same level of maintenance and upkey for less money? Are they sure you can best the price? I know, well, it's government, of course there is. I mean, in business you're always trying to say happen. You have to, right because you got to make your money as opposed to take it from someone.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I need to hire more people, So why am I wasting money in this category? Because more people are going to produce more things for me. Right, So in the county, you've got the same issue. It's it's let's use the sign thing. For example, eleven thousand dollars for five or six signs, and you go look at those Chinsey signs. I mean, there's no way that should cost eleven thousand dollars. Why is that eleven thousand dollars. Those are the types of things that people that are in power just kind of let it go. Well, it's a government, just it should cost a lot of money, Like it's crazy because you've got people grifting.
Speaker 1: Off of that. Or if I'm connected with someone in government and I happen to be a sign maker, you know, maybe they're gonna call me. I didn't solicit them necessary, Like, oh, I know Brian, he makes signs. Let me just give him a ring and see what it's gonna cost. And in my head, I'm going, they don't care how much it costs. It's government. They get the money from the taxpayers. Eleven thousand, Sure you got the contract.
Speaker 12: Let's move on Brian, My four foot by foot signs cost me sixty bucks.
Speaker 1: Sixty bucks.
Speaker 12: They're bigger than the signs that they put out there and there in their core plast and they're not going anywhere. He just you know, it would have been four hundred bucks to print up.
Speaker 1: Six of those signs. But see just one small item in a vastly larger pile of money and multiple individual areas within the government entity that's Hamilton County, like the parks and like the sewers, and you know, all of these. I am certain if you did a full audit of them, if you've had a you know, entity come out and do a walk through of their practices and come up with greater efficiencies. I mean, there are companies out there that do that exact kind of thing I used to advertise for Lean Arrow. I mean business consultants. They look at your you know, practices, and they find areas where you have inefficiencies, and they create new processes for them that can be done in government. The only problem is that usually results in, well, you know what, we really don't need the extra ten people that we got here. We're gonna have to let them go because they're not doing anything. Well, that's what the government love. Well, Democrats love bigger government because then they've got people tied their careers are tied to voting Democrat.
Speaker 12: Yep, you have in the city, you haven't the county. But you know, people always say, oh, well, you know, I want to vote for the nice person. I want to get them. No, we don't need nice people. We need boodogs. We need people that are not afraid to say no to some of this stuff. And right now you got you know, you got rubber stamps.
Speaker 1: That's what we got. Well, at least as far as we can tell, because not a whole lot of information coming out of the Commissioner's office. No, where's your money going?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 1: Amen Adam kal Or dot com he's a good man. I think you should vote from That's my opinion. Anyway. I know who's getting my vote when it comes to election day, and Adam is the man as well as bottom of the hour next hour, Jonathan Pearson. He's running for county commissioner. We'll hear from him in studio. Sandwiched in between, we're gonna give some love to the American veteran thanks to Matt Damars Vets and Bruise. We got another bus tour coming up and more information about that. It's an outstanding organization and Matt's a really good guy. He'll be on after the news. I sure hope you can stick around your voice. I drive around and talk to a lot of people your vote.
Speaker 11: Trying to do my part to get Donald D.
Speaker 1: Trump reelected.
Speaker 10: On fifty five KRS the talk station. This weekend time will fall back. Our clock will not change. Use updates will still be delivered at the top of the hour in thirty minutes past.
Speaker 1: On fifty five KRZ. Just shy of Ato six Here fifty five ker CD talk Station. Brian Thomas having a great Friday talking to candidates. We're gonna talk to one more candidate, last opportunity for the election that week next week Jonathan Pearson. He also is running for him and county commissioner. But in the meantime, everybody listens to the morning show regularly knows that I try to do whatever I can for the American veterans. Since I didn't have the spine to sign up for the American military and myself and I appreciate the service everyone does has for our country. It just means the world to me to be able to spread the news about veterans, causes, veterans events, helping veterans dealing with issues mental health and otherwise, but also celebrating, of course the American veteran. And somebody knows more about that than probably me in studio, Matt Tamaris, who is responsible for the Vets and Bruce. It's an opportunity for us to chip in a little bit of money, buy a beer for an American veteran and also donate, which is so cool that you've partnered with Patriots Landing. Patriots Landing and Matt, it's great to have you back in studio. Brother.
Speaker 13: Thanks.
Speaker 1: You raised so far about sixteen thousand dollars for Patriots Landing, right, and you have bought, or we have collectively through our donations, two five hundred and thirteen beers. So what you do is you donate ten bucks to Vets and Bruce. Seven dollars buys the beer, which is about the going rate for your average craft beer these days. Sure, three dollars goes to Patriot Landing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I think we're at about we're over three thousand beers at this point.
Speaker 13: I haven't updated in a bunch on it.
Speaker 1: Well, you got three ten since I gave you a donation this morning, since veterans. Ten veterans out there going to get some love, and I love it again. Patriots Landing is an outstanding organization. I can just do that real quick, Patriots Landing dot org. These folks are so awesome. They have a wood shop and they make these handmade, handcrafted by veteran items. You know, the Patriot flag, you got, the the nine which is an American flag that's got nine millimeter spent casings in lieu of the stars, the wonderful cross they have which is neat but all kinds, And it's all started with them making the flag boxes, which are the exclusive flag boxes used at Arlington National Cemetery. And right on the back you'll see the name of the veteran who crafted the box. So all of these things are available at Patriots Landing dot org. But more fundamentally, it's an organist station that brings veterans together. It's like a shared space, almost like a you know, a club or fraternity for veterans to share their experiences and maybe get through troubled times. All while working on these projects, people go and visit it, and I encourage everybody to go to Patriots Landing dot orgon then schedule a visit to go see what they're doing. They love when folks swing by and you'll be inspired. And I know you were inspired. You that's why you teamed up of them.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And I went to the original shop back in the day when I first met him. I mean the new the new facility is amazing down there.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you help build it.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's from the from the from the files of every little bit counts. That's what vets and bruises all about. Yeah, So anyway you got I went last year on the bus tour honor bus. You were not there. I wasn't you did not show what you were out of town. I think you were going. You went to a concert, didn't you.
Speaker 13: It was a family, family vacation. We went to a concert.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you survived that one. Anyway, we don't need to go to details about the concert, but uh, I'll tell you it was a hell of a good time.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my son and I went in. We just it was great. You get on the bus, you go from brewery to brewery, and there's all kinds of fun games that go along with this. I'm not going to reveal anything you told me about this year's event, but let's talk about the details on that. How many people can go?
Speaker 10: Do we?
Speaker 1: Is it still open to sign up for veterans? Can people just show up at any one of the stops along the way. How does it work?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 11: So the bus is already full, and you know, we have two school buses. I have to keep a couple of seats empty in case people need to stretch out. But I've I think we've were at like ninety or eighty eight or ninety people this year. It's nuts, man, And I thought, like, you know, grabbing a second bus was going to alleviate my standby list that everybody gets on. They're always like, hey man, I want to go put me on a stand by list. My stand by list is five times longer than it was last year. I'm trying to get as many people on as I can. But you know, it's full at this point except for a couple of seats that I say for for maybe a few of your listeners. But if you want to come to the events. These are open to the public. So I'll be posting on vetsen Brus this week the Facebook page and the website what the schedule is going to be. If you're if you feel like you want to come down and see us and say hi and take part in the Veterans Day events that the brewers are hosting, come on through.
Speaker 13: It'll be a great time and throughout the year.
Speaker 1: Of the weeks. I mean, this isn't just a one time event per year. You're you're buying beers for veterans all year round. And also you you're the flag boxes, thanks to Patriots Landing, operate as donation centers too. Yeah, they've turned them into like piggybanks. Yeah, donation boxes can throw money in any any bar that's assisting you. And there are quite a few bars out there that have the donation boxes in them. So throughout the year. So what do you need to show up someplace and you find out someone's a veteran and you buy them a beer, that's it.
Speaker 11: I look for hats, you know, I'm getting pretty good at I'm about.
Speaker 13: Fifty to fifty.
Speaker 11: I guess sometimes I go up to folks and they're like, no, I'm not, and I just think, well, you look like a VET, you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean?
Speaker 11: If they got a hat on or they got a tattoo that you know says it, then I know for sure. But yeah, I just wherever I go, man, I'm looking for you guys. And if if I have a donation, I'm to buy a.
Speaker 1: Beer, absolutely right. Yeah. I get a big kick out of the A lot of seniors all wear their hat which ship they served on. You know, I love that because I know who they are and I can walk up and just even casually walk them by thank you for your service to our country. It puts a smile on their face and it makes me feel better than to get a little bit of love. But all right, so let's go through the schedule, shall we, Sure, because you're going to post it on your again. Vets and Bruis dot com is where you can also make a donation. You can buy a vet a beer. I'm looking at it right now. Click on the link buy a Veta beer and again it's only it's a mere ten dollars donation, but feel free to go ahead and give them more. And also, where did you hear about this list there. You should put fifty five KC dot detalk station on that list, Matt. Okay, next time, I up, I'm gonna look for that. But on there, what day of the week is it?
Speaker 11: This is, uh, next Saturday, So November ninth, Stursday is on Monday. So we always take them out on Saturday so they have a little time to recover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you get them home at a reasonable time too. U. Let's just stay out afterwards. Yeah, No one's gonna stop you from getting off the party bus and walking back into the brewery and and and continuing the festivities. But it starts at listman.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Every year, that's that's the main stop. They have the Operation Flintlock Release. That's with the Marine Corps and you know, I think they're raising money for toys for tots on that one. But uh, they have the Marine Corps toast every year. And you saw it last year.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 11: It's about thirty forty five minutes and they go through all these battles and I mean it's moving.
Speaker 1: It's a powerful days. You know, I had never heard that before. Yeah, oh sir listening, Oh my god, this is a thing, man.
Speaker 11: And you hear thirty forty five minutes, Like that's a long time to sit down and talk and do toast too.
Speaker 13: But man, I was I was glued to this like speaker the whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was. It was fascinating. Yeah, and you're drinking beer anyway, so rather than talking to the bud sitting at the table, you're listening to this wonderful toast and yeah, you know, maybe hearing something for the first time you hadn't heard that is for those folks that didn't serve in the Marines anyway. But so that's taking place at listenman, should we spend noon until one thirty? Get on the bus and the bus then heads on over to Fretboard in Fretboard Brewering in Blue Ash love their beer. Said that starts at one forty five and you're there to three fifteen. Chostracker just said he will probably join you at Fretboard. Oh nice.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I asked him if you wanted to see it on the bus this year. I hadn't heard from him, but I'm glad he's gonna come out. Man, I want him to see it. I think it's there's something in hearing about it and some you know, seeing it It makes a big difference.
Speaker 13: Man, it's a cool thing.
Speaker 1: Well, and you got something going on at each brewery too, So for example, you mentioned the Marine Corps toast Listenerman Brewery when you get to Fretboard in addition to drink beers, which is always good, veterans drink for free. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, as long as I have donations, I'll run them out.
Speaker 1: And it got a lot and I know, so at fret Board you're doing the saluting our Vietnam heroes a tribute of honor. Before the show started, Matt, you had mentioned how much you were really hoping that you get a huge contingent of Vietnam veterans to show up, maybe make a pit stop over at this particular brewery or that one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, if you're around and you're a Vietnam VET or you know, a Vietnam vet, bring them through. My dad was a Vietnam VET, so we went to we went to veteran events all time, and he would always be like, man, that never happened. When we came home, you know what I mean, He's like, look at this, and he's like it was not like this. You know, we were getting spat on or you know, call it all kinds of names. So I heard that my whole life, and when Fret Bog gave me the opportunity to create my own event, I was like, we got to do something for them.
Speaker 13: So it's kind of honoring my dad, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 13: We're gonna we're gonna bring these guys in. We got Craig Key from Channel nine News. He's gonna be the presenter. Awesome, We're gonna pack that room up.
Speaker 11: We're gonna really honor these folks and just show them some love, the love they they should have got.
Speaker 1: And of course everyone will be there primarily to see just just Trecker. But yeah, of course, now you know that's what was a really moving thing about the most recent honor flight. And they're more and more Vietnam veterans on honor flights, but this most recent one was almost exclusively Vietnam veterans. Yeah, and from I heard a massive allergy outbreaks during that return home ceremony at CVG, just given the veterans of they're the welcome home that they never got. Just like your dad, We love you guys, and apologies on behalf of all Americans who were so shortsighted and callous and mean as to spit upon you because you served your country and followed your leader's orders, as stupid as they may have been. Anyway, March first, Brewing is the third stop, that one you're gonna You're gonna get over there by four pm? Is that right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that'd be.
Speaker 11: That's that's about the time we'll be rolling in, depending on traffic and stuff. But we're doing a all branch freedom toast down there, and that's going to be hosted by a good friend of mine. He's been with Vets and Bruce since the very first event he came to. His name Sean Rohorr. He works with the Easter Seals. He put together a toast similar to the Marine Corps host because everyone loves it so much. But he said, hey, man, I want to do one where we toast to all the branches.
Speaker 1: So okay, now you already mentioned all the buses are full except for three seats, yep, and that the expense of the bus is coming from, you know, out of the proceeds. But you know, you get close to the point where you know, do I give money to Patriots landing or do I reserve money for the third bus? For next year so we can take the stress off of Matt Tamaris's household budget. There is right there at Vetsenbruce dot com a link to sponsor and honor Bus and you can do that. It's really easy to do. Just throw a little money at it and we'll build up the coffers to have more honor busses for next year. But you can also be a sponsor. You got somebody did? Did someone sign up to be a sponsor? Again?
Speaker 13: We have tons coming in.
Speaker 11: Man, We've sold out the Level two sponsorship Level one, it's one thousand dollars for sponsorship. We have three of those spots left, and then we have unlimited one hundred dollars sponsorships. So if you want to sponsor a vet, I mean they're getting they're getting the red carpet laid out for him. I mean we're we're gonna treat them really well and make sure that they have an experience that they're never gonna forget. So all the money we collect from this sponsorship drive is just to push in the honor bus and make sure it's it's something that they remember forever.
Speaker 1: So do the sponsorship money also go to buy beers or does it go to offset expenses?
Speaker 13: It goes to both.
Speaker 11: So so the one hundred bucks I gave you, I could be a sponsor. Then you are a sponsor. I said, you're going on the shirt. Man, Oh, you're always on the shirt. Every time you give me money, you're listed as a sponsor.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's why he makes the trip in studio because he knows I'm a soft touch and it comes to donating to veterans causes, and I just like the idea that drinking beer. Yeah, we're so bill. I know there's a million heavy problems and issues and concerns, and oh my god, the world's falling apart all around us. And when event like this comes up from I get so excited because you know, first it involves veterans, and second it's a great time. God, does anybody smile anymore? Does anybody celebrate and get together and just not complain and moan here I'm worrying about FCC compliance here, Matt, I just get excited about this.
Speaker 11: On the ninth, we're gonna have two bustloads ninety people. They're gonna be all teeth all day. I promise that all day.
Speaker 1: If any if last year was any indication about how much fun it is going to be, double that this year. And the more people show up at these breweries, the even better time it's gonna be. So you don't need to be on the bus. Show up between noon and one thirty. Listterman Brewery between one forty five and three fifteen, Fretboard and Blue Ash between three thirty roughly and five point fifteen. That's March First Brewery, March First Brewing. That's Fountain Square.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's that's the old rock Bottom. Oh okay, right there.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: So you another around town.
Speaker 13: We do and you saw it last year.
Speaker 11: We have a welcoming line, so when the vets get off the bus, the public comes out and they form a line. They wave flags. Next year and the veterans get to walk right through the line as they enter the brewery. So if you if you want to get there and be a part of that, it's special.
Speaker 1: Man, Matthew Maris, God bless you for what you're doing, man, bringing some fun and helping veterans. That's and Bruce dot com help out. Show up. It's gonna be great. I am pretty certain I'm free. I'm gonna to check my calendar to see if I can show up at one of the one of the breweries. But yeah, man, you can count on me if I got some free time I schedule because I don't want to miss it. Heck yeah, good luck folks help them out. That's and Bruce dot com Joe put all the information of the blog page if i've case dot com and he'll update the the Vetsanbruis dot com page to include the full schedule. And of course don't forget to click on the sponsorship or buy vet beer links right there, eight twenty Right now, fifty five k sedtalk station. Stick around bottom of the hour, we're gonna hear from Jonathan Pearson, who's also running for county commissioner. Good day to be on the show. Last opportunity for folks to chime in on it, and we'll hear from Jonathan just a few minutes. Stay right here at fifty five Carse the talk station, fifty five KRCRE. It is your Channel nine's first warning weather forecast. It's gonna beautiful day to day. If i'd like low sixties temperatures, that's we're gonna get sunny skies in sixty one for the high thirty five overnight with clear skies sunny and sixty five tomorrow even better then overnight down to forty four with partly cloty skies any partly sunny. Game Day Sunday with the highest seventy two forty four. Right now, let's hear about Travis editions Chuck.
Speaker 6: From the UCUT Tramphing Center. Count on the expert team at you See Health Orthopedic saands Sports Medicine. No matter the injury, same day appointments are available schedule online at you see how dot com. Botbound four seventy one is blocked off in two seventy five, all due to the problems on the bridge. All the entrance rams from Southgate from Grand, from Memorial and Bellevue all blocked off because of the closure. Southbound four seventy one is blocked coming out of downtown. Chuck Abram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine fifty five KRCD talk station, and a very happy Friday too.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: I hope you have some good plans for the weekend. I'm excited about that Vets and Bruce bus next Saturday. I sure hope I can make it to one of the bars. Anyhow, in studio, we only had a whole hour with Adam Keayler at seven oh five. He's running for county commissioner, and so is my next guest in studio, Jonathan Pierson. Great to have you back. It's always good to see you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the time. I appreciate you making the effort to come in. It's much easier to have a conversation with someone when you're staring the man in the face. Of course, you have motivations for running er County commissioner, and Adam express quite a few different ones, just the whole concept of having an alternative political voice because if you get a different point of view. Obviously it's run by Democrats now, but we tend to have different political philosophies Republicans and Democrats, and it seems to me that they're getting further and further apart. But if I had to really peg generally speaking, you know, this is not a free pass for all people who label themselves Republicans. But I think Republicans tend to look at politics and budgets from a fiscal responsibility an efficiency standpoint. We want smaller government, and the government that we have, we want to be very efficient. That doesn't seem to be the mindset of Democrats across the board, and Adam was pointing that out. Listen, if I just got or a Republican on commission, they at least have a dissenting voice, which would raise the level of the public's awareness that an issue is even being discussed, because right now we get nothing.
Speaker 14: No, there's no transparency that I've told every news outlet I've talked to said, I'll come to you every Friday and we'll talk about what went on. I love that because it's first of all, we don't have any nuclear secrets in this county, so there's nothing secret. That's what I've never understood. There's nothing secret. You want to know what the sheriff makes here it is, you want to know what the deputies make here it is. You want to know what the commissioners and their workers make here it is. And I think that's been the challenge. It was nice to see in the paper the other day that there was a number that finally freaked out the commissioners to say no, a billion dollars from Risdom. So we do know that there is a number out there. It's only a billion, but it's a starting point. Only you know, a billion here, a billion there. Eventually we'll talk about real.
Speaker 1: Money, Yeah, exactly, like a thirty five trillion dollars budget or debt with a trillion dollars annual debt service.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 14: And I think that's the challenges from the Democrats standpoint. They don't see tax dollars as the people's money. They see the tax dollars as their money. So if you actually say we're not going to raise the budget this year, they call of the budget cut. And that's the difference between a Republican and a Democrat. We don't see it as a budget cut. What we see it is returning money to the people, just as the tax dollars the rollback. Why isn't that permanent? And first of all, why do we have to put it in there to bribe you to get in some more money to build a stadium. That always bugged me. That was a bribe, flat out bride it was, and unfortunately people fell for it, and typical of vays, they didn't make once. Once a tax is made, never comes back. Well, we've got to stop this mentality. We're not bribing the people to make them give us money. That seems ludicrous in the first place, plus insulting. Let's do a right budget that people go. I can agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and similar and I keep bringing up Adam Kaylor, but comparable positions. You know, let's go line by line. Let's get the taxpayer and explanation, like if they're paying ten thousand dollars a year in taxes, let's show me exactly what percentage is going where. And then let's look at each individual office government of course or under the commissioner's you know control or within their reach, and look at each one and see, you know, the world's a different place. And he mentioned artificial intelligence can be used as streamline processes, you know, maybe pair back some of the employees in the county or otherwise give them something more fit, more, something better to do that would cheer them up. But I know there's waste. Oh, you know there's waste.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what I always say.
Speaker 14: If if there's a lack of transparency, you have to question why there's I don't care who we're talking about, you know, if there's a lack of transparency and the communications of a parent to a child, let's even go that mundane. But especially when you're talking to government to the people, you have to be a little concerned when there's a lack of transparency. You just have to be because why, it's it's not their money, it's it's our money. It's the people's money that people have a right to know. And so Adam and I are in the same page. We're on the exact same page and looking at that budget, we're in the zac same page about letting people know where that money's going so that there's not a question. And our goal is to set up in such a way that it's going to be really hard to do something stupid with the money.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love it. And of course, with your open door policy and your promise to the press that you'll show up every week explaining what has gone on the preceding week, that that is a unique idea that has not been embraced by someone in politics before. It just seems that no one is ever willing to do that, or alternatively, if it is happening, there's no local reporter there to even hear what you're saying. And I think that may be more of a problem.
Speaker 14: It's a position that's paid well at the very least, if you're being paid by the people, you should probably talk to the people. What's a complicated concept, Jonathan Pearson. If you want information about Jonathan where he stands on issues, go to Hamilton County Republican Party dot org. And he's got his own page right there. Jonathan Pearson, twenty twenty four. It should be really easy to find it, or alternatively, do what I did. Jonathan Pearson, jail jo Na Thha and Pearson is typing that a county commissioner. It'll pop right up on your search engine. We'll continue with Jonathan. It's Ay thirty five. Here, stay right around at fifty five KCD talk station fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about this guy?
Speaker 2: Donald Rainwater.
Speaker 1: Here's your Channel nine first morning weather forecast. Had pretty nice day to day, plenty of sun, highest sixty one, clear of a night, down to thirty five sunny tomorrow with the highest sixty five, get some clouds over Saturday night and drop to forty four partly sunny day on Sunday. Maybe a shower chance anyhow, And I have seventy two, forty four degrees right now, let's get an update from Chuck. What's going on brother from the.
Speaker 6: Uc UP Tramphics Center coun on the expert team at you See Health Arthopedix Sands Sports Medicine. No matter the injury, same day appointments are available schedule online at you seehealth dot com. North Bound four seventy one and southbound four seventy one are both blocked off the bridge thanks to an overnight fire underneath the bridge. They've blocked off the traffic on northbound four seventy one at two seventy five. That's making for a slow go over to the Double A Highway inbound seventy four. They just cleared their record seventy five Chuck Ingramom fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey, thirty eight fifty five KRCD Talk Station, A very happy Friday too. You don't forget fifty five kr sea dot com. Get your iHeart Media so you can stream the audio and check out the podcast anytime you want. Really valuable information from Dave Hatter This morning Tech Friday, as is always the case, full hour with Adam Kayler running for Commissioner. We had Matt Damaris on the vets and Bruce Love that organization and Jonathan Pearson in studio, he's also running for Commissioner on a solid, open door, open book platform because he wants to know the information and as a taxpayer, you should too, or at least if you'll want it, you should be able to get it. You know, you were talking about that they refuse to provide information. They're not open with the books. Where do the money goes? Specifically? They talk in platitudes and generalities about where the money is being spent, but not you know, specifically. You know, reminded me of all these House committees looking for information, and they preside over and are responsible to the American voter for what Department of Justice, the FBI, any of the lettered agencies does, and those agencies basically raise a metaphorical, if not real, middle finger to the request for information from the people who are in charge and responsible for looking out for us. It's kind of a it's a uniquely bizarre, yet it widely embraced concept that well.
Speaker 14: I think part of the problem is that we see on the left that they're driven by emotion, and so you speak from emotion first, and you don't always write that stuff down at least not accurately. Let's say it that way, you vote money the same way. You just go, ah, let's take care of this problem without considering how much that problem costs.
Speaker 1: And so you just say yes to these things.
Speaker 2: And then when somebody ask you, why did you do this? How much did you spend?
Speaker 14: Honestly, I do believe there are many people on the left who honestly can't answer that question truthfully because they don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, you could probably say the same thing on the right, because if we ask for it, and it's a commission governed by all Democrats, then the right's not going to get the information even now.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's that's a great challenge, and that's why we're sitting here in this kind of staring at the wall moment, and everybody's going and then when something stupid does happen, which we've seen of late, there's just a rewrite of what actually happened.
Speaker 1: That and of course a lost opportunity to get ahead of the problem, right, having an open conversation about the best practice for solving the problem, or even identifying if whatever it is that's brought up is a problem in the first place. Yeah, I mean, we all love our parks. But if they ask for a levee, is it just simply you know, we're gonna, oh my god, if we don't pass the levee, the parks are going to close down at this.
Speaker 2: Way double the library levee.
Speaker 14: And they didn't even need it. Yeah, I know, but you can get your if you work there, you can get a sex change and for free.
Speaker 1: Now apparently so sex change Simps. There's a library where at Sims Township on Enyard. It's in Hamilton County and it's perfectly fine. The building is beautiful. They're going to knock it down and build a new one and move it back. And you know why they're knocking down a perfectly good, beautiful building. They say there's not enough parking right there. And I thought to myself, there is a huge front yard. It's just like, you know, a third acre of grass pave it. What is that going to ruin the aesthetics of the library because you have parking all around the library as opposed to just on the left hand side. I just heard that yesterday. I couldn't believe it. But that's going to be millions of dollars.
Speaker 14: But when tax dollars are involved, Unfortunately, people don't see the number.
Speaker 2: They just see the idea and say, let's do it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's pivot over to something that is very controversial. You'll consider we got that shaft the first time around, the pay Corse Stadium lease and the obligations under the lease, which is going to expire unless the Bengals exercise their right to extend it, which they can do multiple times. So we're either going to get a brand new lease deal or that one's going to be extended and will still be subject to the original terms of conditions which obligate the taxpayers of Hamilton, KNTY to make some improvements. Last bill I heard was one point three or two billion dollars.
Speaker 14: One point three billion was just for the upgrades around it. That didn't include the roof that you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, that the dome is.
Speaker 1: Is that that's gone. Yeah, that was going to be a total and two point three billion if you put the dome over it. So we're not getting done.
Speaker 14: But the challenge that we face in all of this is one of those things is having some luxury apartment our offices, so the Bengals can have their own separate office building outside of that building.
Speaker 1: That see, and I would argue that's not part of the stadium upgrades. That's well, you can see. There's a lot of things I look at and go, wait a minute.
Speaker 14: Because the Bengals play ten games a year for them, it's great for the community when they play the games here and they come in great. But that's ten out of three hundred and sixty five days. What's going on with the stadium the other three hundred and fifty five days? Why does the county not control it the other three hundred and fifty five days. We gave away the farm on that first lease, right, and so mine is simple. Let's go back and remember and remind everybody that the county owns the stadium. We call it pay Corps Bengal Stadium, but it's the county. It's Hampling Counties Stadium. We build it, we own it.
Speaker 1: And so I think we had to share the royalties with the Brown family with the Paid Corps naming.
Speaker 14: We need to remember, you know whose it is, and you know there's nothing wrong with leasing something to a private entity. We do that in many cases. Government and private unities do work together. But the fact that we act as if we have no control we can't say anything because they get to pick when the dates are that something comes in and uses it. And so we saw these opportunities because we can't use a stadium because we effectively.
Speaker 1: We gave them away to the family. And I don't understand that.
Speaker 14: I have to admit I'm I'm a little jaded by that because I've said before without sounding wrong to a lot of people, but not one brick at the PNG Towers downtown was bought by the county. So I think that we need to start to reconsider what is it we're actually doing here. And I think that this gets into back sports is always emotional fans. I mean, let's be honest. As a fan, there isn't a logic while we're a fan. This year the Bengals are not giving us a reason to be a fan. Yet why are people fans? It's emotional, nothing wrong with that, but we have to stop for a moment in that emotion and set aside lodge, you know, step into logic and go, okay, let's look at this. Let's look at this reasonable, Let's look at this honestly and say, okay, we're leasing this to an NFL team, which is worth billions and we get very little in rett turned percentage wise? What exactly is wrong with this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and moving away from the emotional angle of sports, take emotion out of it and consider any project where you're asking the taxpayers to front the bill the money and played back then it was what twenty five years ago was four hundred and fifty million dollars, and that obviously today would be more like two billion or three billion the way they're building these stadiums these days. But if you took it outside of the realm of sports and just say, well, we're going to spend three billion dollars in taxpayer money on any one facility that will only be used ten times a year, and you would be everybody would look at you. You can act like you were just backcrap insane. Well, pause would be one more back with Jonathan Pearson for un Ellen County Commissioner. It's a forty six right now, stay right here at fifty five KRC DE talk station, fifty five KRC dot Com eight nine fifty five r C the talk station. Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: Gee, say it.
Speaker 1: Out loud, Joey. In spite of the chaos political division in sanity, Yes it can be a wonderful world just depends on where you're looking, and Vets and Bruce proved that with Matt Damaris earlier on. We're going to have a wonderful time next Saturday. Everybody's invited to join any of the one of the breweries we're going to be stopping off at, so make sure you check it all out at five KRC dot com. And in the meantime, we got Jonathan Pearson in house talking Hamilton Kinty issues. So we dealt sort of kind of with the pay Course stadium. The lease, which is I think right now being discussed and negotiated with the current commissioner made up.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 14: I mean, at least there is a level of understanding even in the current mix of like maybe we shouldn't be given the farm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I guess the least though that limits the use and availability of the stadium to whatever conditions in terms the Brown family decides, back to your point on that giant facility only be used about ten times a year. It's the idea that it also requires these upgrades. It's like keeping up with the Joneses. I mean, honestly, I know Riverfront Stadium wasn't the greatest place to sit. It was cold. I was there for the Freezer Bowl. I left it halftime like a sane person should have. But you know it worked. There was a football field, there were bathrooms. Are not the nicest ones in the world, but you know what it functioned. This is a currently functioning stadium. I mean, I'd seen the grand scheme of things twenty five years old. Isn't that long. Can you imagine if we upgraded every building after twenty five years and added all new amenities, literally every building, what the overall costs would be. And then you have to step back as commissioner, is it even really necessary?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: I know the contract says it is, and the contract already says we as taxpayers have to pay for it at least a certain percentage, But there's no is it necessary component going on in there?
Speaker 2: Well, I think.
Speaker 14: A level of Again, this gets us back to the emotion. In sports, we get more caught up in the emotion than we do logic, and so we look at things saying it has to be pretty, it has to be this, it has to be that, And.
Speaker 1: Does the average fan give a rip about how the locker room looks.
Speaker 14: Well, how many of us remember going to a football game a deal at Old Nippart when you know, if you tripped, you are four hundred steps down on field, if you were up at the top.
Speaker 1: Especially if you were slinging that schnapps bag.
Speaker 14: You know, well you know when they charge you a buck to get in the game and the quarter for beer. Yeah, a lot of people had a hard time navigating steps. I went there in the eighties, so yes.
Speaker 2: I did too, That's right.
Speaker 14: I'm laughing about it because how many of us sat there and go, gosh, this game to be so much nicer, if the stadium was nicer.
Speaker 1: When none of us thought that. We thought it was fun.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 14: It was fun, And I think that's it's the infamous. You know, football is made to be played in mud football, you know, that type of mentality and a.
Speaker 1: Sort of rug it outdoors, the attitude like if you if you go to the freezer ball you stick it out through, you're a real man, or you sucked it up in the name of the fans.
Speaker 14: And I was there for the whole thing. So but I think that's the problem. We went past that nostalgic this is fun, you know. I feel the bite of the weather, I feel the mud in my face type of thing too. Oh, this is a sanitized game.
Speaker 1: It's clean.
Speaker 14: We've got to have everything prim and proper. The seats need to be sold, all the walkways need to be perfectly this and that.
Speaker 1: The beers need to be twelve thirty dollars a pop.
Speaker 14: I think we forgot to look at it from a logic standpoint again. You know, I know because see I hears remind people that the commissioner's office is the most boring important job in the county, and the boring part is the logic side. We have to stick to logic. There is not a motion in money, and that's the problem. We put a motion in money and then we start doing stupid things with it.
Speaker 1: And let's finally depart and talk a little before we depart, rather talk about I have no idea. I haven't heard anything written about it for a while. The whole situation between the county and the city, in terms of the sewer systems and the well, that cent degree and all that. You know, we didn't have a choice.
Speaker 2: We had those systems have to be split.
Speaker 14: So Northern Kentucky's going through the same pain that we're going through just a little less dollars, but same exact problem.
Speaker 1: And I will not argue that people's basements are being flooded with sewage. I obviously it needs to be fixed.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, when you have metro sewer says you know, here's a thousand bucks, fix your basement, But they do it to the same family ten twenty times. At a certain point you have to say, maybe there's a problem in the sewer system. So there was a problem in the sewer system. The challenge is, how do you put in a storm drain next to a sanitary's sewer system without completely disrupting every single neighborhood involved. And so from a practical standpoint, it's almost impossible. Yeah, from a money standpoint, it costs a fortune, and the problem is in that fortune, how much of that is being well managed? And I honestly don't know those numbers to tell you how well they are being managed. And that's one of the things I've said, and my thing I would I would sit down with those in the charge of this every single week. I would talk to the subcontractors at least every week, if not every other week. And people say, that's a lot of work again. The commissioners are paid help well. I wish we would remind people they're paid showing up at a ribbon cutting and showing up an other things. I don't care, you know, as I told tell people, I said, I got married when I was handsome enough to attract my wife. It doesn't matter anymore. She thinks I'm still handsome. My kids think I am too. I don't need to impress anybody with my good looks because I don't have them anymore. So I can get away with not going to ribbon cutting, but I can still show up to talk to the contractors. And that is what we're paid for as commissioners, is to do the job.
Speaker 1: Imagine that logic and reason and a man worth voting for Jonathan Pierce and you got tuesday. Up until Tuesday, you can early vote cash your vote for Jonathan and let's have a better path any Obviously, if you and Adam Keaylor both got elected into Hammi Candy commissioners, the level of transparency I see, I think is guaranteed. You're both on the same page. You're both fiscally responsible, and you both know there's money that can be found and saved through a thoughtful, thorough analysis. Jonathan, I wish you the best of luck. I can't thank you enough for showing up today and talking to my listeners about these important matters. Folks. If you didn't get a chance to listen tech Friday with Dave Hatter, I mentioned Adam Keayler, who's institudo for an hour seven oh five with that podcast fifty five Caresey dot com. That's in Bruce. You got the the bus cruising around next Saturday. The bus is full, but you can join the festivities at one of the three breweries that they'll be stopping Tough in special effort to get Vietnam veterans there. So please, if you can participate and have a fun time doing it, smile on your face and a beer hoisted in the name of veterans, and of course my conversation here with Jonathan Pearson day with the Smither event, and of course Monday. Monday, folks, I hope you have an absolutely wonderful weekend, and don't go away because Lundback will be right up your twenty twenty four election headquarters.
Speaker 5: Every voter should be asking whether America can survive.
Speaker 10: Four more years of fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by