Speaker 1: Time of the nine first winning wee forecast sunny for the most part, very humid day today, they're saying it's gonna be isolated afternoon showers of a high eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Showers and storms are likely.
Speaker 1: Overnight overcast of the drop to sixty nine got rained Tomorrow morning as well as afternoon in isolated form cloudy, all day high of eighty seven, overnight cloudy with a chance of showers of storm sixty nine, and on Saturday going up to eighty three. Sunny, but a chance of showers kicks in after two pm, right out sixty eight degrees.
Speaker 2: Let's find out about traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UCLP Traffic Center near at least sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanta from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Southbound seventy one crews continue to work with an accident above two seventy five. They're on the left shoulder. Then break lights from two seventy five off and on down the Red Bank. Northbound's running heavy Between the latter and Red Bank. Northbound seventy fives running close to an extra twenty minutes from Florence into town Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk stacial.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's a si relief from Brian Thomas that it's Thursday and it's that time of week. I always look forward to kind of moving away from politics for the most part and enjoying a lively discussion with my good friend iHeart Meat, the aviation expert rate Jay Ratliffe. Jay, you have no idea how much of a joy and pleasure it is to talk to you a lot Thursday at this time.
Speaker 2: We'll come back.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just glad from Savannah that the phones and everything still works.
Speaker 2: True. Yeah, water everywhere.
Speaker 4: We took a fourteen minute or fourteen mile drive back from Savannah last night.
Speaker 2: It took more than two hours. Oh my god. Is that because the water?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, a lot of the roads are still closed at the Oh yeah, we're in the low country. So when you get a tropical storm that sits over head for three days, that all that water has nowhere to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're pretty much right at sea level, aren't you.
Speaker 4: I think we're about seventy five feet above or we're just south of Richmond Hill. But I seeing the community respond as they had. I mean, you had neighborhoods that the streets were all water, the water was making its way up to the house. And he had hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of volunteers, and none of them from that area. People were coming from you know, miles away with boats, stand bags, doing what they could to uh, you know, try to help out their their fellow man. And I tell you it was it was really nice to see nobody wearing you know, political shirts, talking, you know, Michigan State going on. It was simply you know, here to help their neighbor.
Speaker 2: And it was great to say, well, isn't it a nice thing?
Speaker 1: In the worst of times you can actually see the best of humanity sometimes the worst as well. But it's it can be uplifting. It can renew your your your your belief in in people generally speaking, or humanity generally speaking.
Speaker 2: So that's kind.
Speaker 4: I remember this the the the members of our political party standing on the steps, uh singing the national anthem after the attacks nine to eleven. I mean, we we can come together when we really have to. It's just a shame we don't do it more often.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the truth? All? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, let's pivot over to our first aviation issue of the morning, and it involves political correctness.
Speaker 2: Why not let's go there.
Speaker 4: Well, Delta Airlines, like you know, they just don't want to offend anybody, Brian, so you know they've decided to no longer insult us and there excuse me, I have to read this because it's a very long title. Delta's Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Social Impact Officer. That's what a CDEI s O has said that Delta striving to boldly pursue equity. And they're thinking that the the long used term of ladies and gentlemen should no longer be used because.
Speaker 2: It could actually.
Speaker 4: Insult people and make certain people not feeling included. Now, I don't know, uh, what if you can't use ladies and gentlemen, which is a term United British Airways loopthons, a bunch of these air lines have all long since abandoned, what term can you use that someone won't find offensive? And my position is, I don't care if you use the term human beings or everyone or somebody is somewhere is going to be offended. So what point do we Delta's Chief Diversity Equity Inclusion and Social Impact officer. At what point do we stop trying to make everybody happy and recognize, you know what, there's just going to be some people that you know, you can please, others you cannot. But Brian work or the pendulum has swung so far it terrifies companies if they feel like they're not having everybody included. And i'll tell you what it reminds me of. Reminds me of Jesse Jackson all those years ago that would go to companies and say, if you don't change your policy on this and this, we're going to protest in front of your business and the optics are going.
Speaker 2: To look horrible.
Speaker 4: And they were pressured into doing things. And that's exactly what we see with so many of these companies. They're being forced in this worl radical agenda of trying to say, look, you know, do things our way, and sadly that's what's taking place well.
Speaker 1: And the flip side of that is sane, rational, normal people who still understand the difference between men and women and aren't offended by such things, become offended when they capitulate to these This this one small sliver of left wing LUNYC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the problem is we tolerate it and is my carrier of choice because look, they've got the best completion factor on the planet. But it bothers me. But if there was another choice, if things bothered me so much, I could go to another airline.
Speaker 2: And I would.
Speaker 4: But the point is, as long as we keep coming back, their planes keep getting filled and they keep treating us as they do either from a service standpoint or like United, making sure that all of their you know, employees are allowed to wear a pronoun button so that we know not to call them mam or sir if that's not what they want. It's it's hard to keep up. And you know, Delta's policy is also if the men want to wear a skirt at work, that can and if the women, whatever you want to wear is fine because we can't offend even our employees. Now forget the fact that there used to be like a dress code. I remember one time when I went to work with a small little cross on my tie, I was told to take it off because it wasn't part of the airline's dress code, you know, And my boss said, Jay, look, obviously I don't have a problem with that, but it's not in line with our dress code. Did I feel slighted? Did I feel like I wasn't included? Did I feel like the entire thing should change on my account? No, I recognized it for what it was. I mean that's the dress code. I had to abide by it, and I'm a representative of the airline, so that's what I knew to do. To think anything other is to me just not riot.
Speaker 2: That certainly not right at all.
Speaker 1: Well, and I was just trying to figure out what they could say, you know, addressing a group, even just using the word people or human beings as you mentioned, that would offend the furries that might be in the audience.
Speaker 2: You think that they're cats.
Speaker 4: Or literally because we get we treat our cats and animals better than people sometimes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's a very valid point.
Speaker 1: And we'll be dressing the treating cats and dogs better than people. In an upcoming segment about an attack on a well Frontier agent, I saw that one in video. But we've got other things to talk about as well, including spoofing attacks more with iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliff. After I get to mention a great company, it's Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove and been recommending all summer for folks to take care of your safety. Now it's the perfect time. Since you're not using your fireplace, your free standing stove, your self feeding wood waste pellet stove, whatever you got, it's great to have the service done so you haven't inspected, make sure there's nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: I did that.
Speaker 1: I thought there was nothing wrong with my original Builder special fireplace insert and found out that it was an absolute fire hazard. It wasn't venting enough and heat was really intense when I would use it, and I didn't know. Thanks to this the evaluation by Jeffkeaver, the Chimneycare Fireplaces stove out went the old dangerous and it went to brand new fireplace insert that is absolutely gorgeous. I mean, yeah, you can do our different looks and styles. They have tons of them over at the showroom located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road. You know, they replace the lining, which they can do if your lining is cracked for an example, and inspection will reveal that. They start with a video camera inspection of your fireplace flu if it's cracked, they can replace that if it needs to be swept cert if I Chimney Sweeps will sweep it. They install the fireplace inserts. They do free standing stoves. Get it installed. Now you've been putting it off. Perfect time to do it. Huge selection again four thirteen wards Corner Road. Of all the aforementioned and accessories you can find more online A plus of the Better Business Bureau locally on an operated since nineteen eighty eight. Tell them, I said, hig when you call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred online you'll find them at Chimneycareco dot Com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC. Men, you already know that I see.
Speaker 1: Remind my mind is Jay Rall if I say final traffic and whether Strucker's like, dude, you got one more segment, Like oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I felt like that since I got here. Jay.
Speaker 1: Some days, you know, you hit the ground running at one hundred percent. In other days you wish you were home in bed, not having to think about the troubles of the world. That's this morning. So I apologize to my listeners. Haven't been hitting my mark that much this morning, and I just I feel terribly about that. When when I have this sort of looming, depressed mental attitude. But you know, the show must go on, my friend, and let's move the show over to spoofing attacks. We talk about this with Dave Hatter on Tech Friday. A lot spoofing attacks, and apparently we got some concerns with airlines spoofing attacks.
Speaker 4: It has been going on for some time, and Forbes had an incredible article that they put out. They talked about just how serious this situation is continuing to get because what's taken place is in the Middle East, we've had situations where planes have actually been in the wrong place, They've been off course by maybe one hundred miles, or they've been at the wrong altitude, and when they are notified Bear traffic control, they later are able to determine, wait a minute, our instrumentation is wrong. Oh no, and it's been impacted by an outside source.
Speaker 2: Oh no. Now you don't know.
Speaker 4: Why, you don't you don't understand, you know what the intent is behind this. But I mean, we've had situations where as many as two hundred flights in a day have been impacted, nine hundred in the second quarter of this year. But now we're seeing about thirteen hundred and fifty flights that have encountered this. And what's happening is it's starting to impact other systems like some of the clocks and some of the other parts of the avionics package that are being impacted. And this goes back to a story that I talked about in twenty fifteen when the Department of Homeland Security was at the Atlantic City Airport. They went through security, they were sitting at a gate area, opened up a laptop, and they were able to hack into a Boeing seven to fifty seven I believe it was at the gate. Now, they weren't able to get into any of the critical components, but they sent out an alert and it was very public at the time to airlines saying, we have got to do a better job at protecting our aircraft now. Sadly, what we've tried to do with airlines is create this Wi Fi package that they can use as a revenue stream, allowing passengers who are flying to use the Wi Fi as we travel. It's great, it's a revenue stream for them. The problem is, and the concern is, have we opened up a doorway that would allow somebody on board the aircraft or outside the aircraft to actually get in and hack into the aircraft's operating systems. So the fact that we're seeing this happen as often and it's increasing. And again that Forbes article I can't recommend enough. It's a great one that just talks about how this is becoming more and more of an issue. It was an August thirteenth edition article if you want to look it up, but Brianda, it talks about what we've known. This has been going on for a while, and you know, when self driving cars were becoming more and more the topic of conversation, there was concern whether not somebody could hack into that, take over a car and cause it to drive in a way that we wouldn't want it to. Now we're talking about it have been for years. Airlines that might be susceptible. That seems sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Man, if you didn't have enough reasons to not want to fly, add that to the list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, apologies to everybody at the airport, but I mean, at least we're discussing it, talking about it, and it's not going to be something that can sneak up on us. Because if something were to happen where an aircraft was able to be completely taken over or to the point where the crew would temporarily lose control. This is not something that we can look back and say, Wow, where did this come from, because we've been talking about it for such a long period of time. But the frequency of these attacks, and that's the only word I want to use, has grown to a point that it is beyond alarming. So obviously we got to find out what's going on. And remember, airlines are not known for spending exorbitant amounts of money.
Speaker 2: To be shall we say, a.
Speaker 4: Super it current, because when you have nine hundred airplanes and it's going to take one hundred thousand dollars update something you're talking about, you know tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Airlines are not going to do that.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, Jay, we have a couple more topics talked about. I'd rather than go long in this segment. I just ask Joe, let me just pause you. We'll bring back because we've got a couple more like For example, isn't it a problem if a pilot isn't certified to land place we're gonna get hub delays? And we'll talk about another outrageous incident. The number of outrageous incidents are just growing at airlines and on airlines every single day. One more with my dear friend Jay Ratliffe after a break for twenty two three or Route forty two between Mason eleven and the best place you could ever go. If you want to buy a firearm, you want to buy a ammunition accessories, you want to shoot on the cleanest, safest indoor range, you are at twenty two three on Route four between Mason eleven and where if you are new to twenty two three, go on in shoot on the range and you'll get free swag. That's right, it is National Shooting Sports Month. Shooting is That's why I've always perceived it in twenty two three is running this range special with options to with your opportunity to get some free swag. So if you have been to twenty two to three, bring someone who hasn't. Your friend will shoot for free on your lane and you'll both get the swag. So great range to shoot on and just the wonderful people. I cannot say enough about the owners of twenty two three and how great they are, Wendy and Jeff, the crew. There is fantastic. They know what they're doing, classes, range, membership options. It's the place to be, so check it out online. Learn all the information, then get over to twenty two three located at twenty fifty three US are out forty two online twenty two three the number twenty two five by the word three spelled out dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Getting quality employees to fill positions in your company is essential, but finding those people can be a major hassle unless you use ZIP recruiting.
Speaker 1: Sully human high eighty nine and some ice lated afternoon showers every night showers. The storms are likely dropping a sixty nine morning and after isolated showers clouds all day eighty seven tomorrow with overnight lowes sixty nine at chance of showers. This is Sunday on Sunday, and once you hit two pm there's a chance of showers on Saturday. To go up eighty three seventy right now now time for final traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UC Health TRAMFHIC Center. Nearly sixty percent of America's waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Sathbound seventy five continues to run an extra ten through Blackland. Northbound seventy five to Lake. Times are dropping under the ten minute mark. Now out of our linger into downtown northbound four seventy one slows a bit. From Grand there's an accident on Glenway at West State chucking from one.
Speaker 2: Fifty five K.
Speaker 1: See the talk station, Hey forty nine fifty five Krcity talk station full half hour with Jay Ratliffe. Loves saying that, love doing it. And here's a question for you. Here's your topic. Alaska Air Force a diverd after pilots is usn't certified to land. If they're already in the air they have to land, Why would they divert the flight?
Speaker 4: Jay roles, It has to do with the airport itself. And because look we're talking about Jackson Haw, Wyoming. You've ever flown in and out of there. It's contained totally within a national park. Yes, it is the only commercial airport that is.
Speaker 2: They are very.
Speaker 4: Specific, there's very specific entry and exit protocols because of the wildlife that's there. And what ended up happening here was you had this light on its way in and the pilot reportedly says he's not certified to land. Imagine being a passenger and hearing your plight your pilots say that. So they were on approach into Jackson Hole, they land over it in Salt Lake City. They swap out the pilots, and the company comes out later saying no, no, no, no, no, no, he was qualified. We simply did this to correct a paperwork air related to the flight crew. That's how it's being determined. So and they did it out of an abundance of caution. So it could have been that there are pilots that are rated in certain weather conditions on the visibility, and there are times when some of that can apply to the pilots operating in and out of certain airports. Now, I cannot believe that any of the pilots for Alaska Airlines slash A sky West, which is the regional carrier that was the code share, would not have been able to have a pilot that could have landed in that type of situation. But for whatever the reason, they divert to Salt Lake City, they swapped the crew out, and then boom, they're able to get the passengers to their destination.
Speaker 2: About three hours late.
Speaker 4: After the pilot says he's not certified to land. That's certainly a term I do not want to hear my pilots.
Speaker 1: Now I've been there. I mean, is the last slight I was on a flight with a layer or that ended up in Jacksonville. It didn't look very unique at all other than the fact that it's in a park and it's beautiful surroundings. But there's plenty of room to land, and there's plenty of room to take off. So it just looked like a fairly innocuous, easy to navigate situation. I've seen some of those airports out in the word he watch his YouTube videos where it looks like they have absolutely no no room for error or margin of error.
Speaker 4: So and like an aircraft carrier, but it's on a cliff, you better nail it right, exactly all right.
Speaker 1: Now, moving over to yet another encounter with an unruly passenger. I watched the video of this one. Some people just need to get just be smacked right across the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I tell you when you had this happen.
Speaker 4: It happened in Chicago with a passenger that was upset with a member of a Frontier Airline staff. And actually it goes from counter to the to the agent where the passenger gets on the other side of the counter and gets so mad they rip up a computer terminal and throws it at the agent. Now, obviously you have assault, you've got probably trespassing from being on the wrong part.
Speaker 2: Who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: But obviously this individual is never going to fly Frontier airlines ever again as well. But see that's the problem. They don't share their no fly list. And I've always said that anytime somebody is going to be indicted for assault on a passenger or an airline employee, there's no way on God's green earth we should allow that individual to ever fly maybe not ever, but maybe a five year time out thing on any US carrier. The problem is airlines don't share that no fly list information, and so that means this Frontier person can take all of our wonderful personality traits and can fly on any of these other airlines and perhaps create a situation that you might endanger a flight or cause a diverted landing or whatever might happen to be. And it's really unfortunate that airlines they don't do it because of the cost continue to refuse sharing their list. I understand if somebody gets into a verbal back and forth with a flight attendant and gets put on a I'd get that, But when you're talking about terms of assault, then to me, it should be crystal clear where that person cannot fly, because look, it's not a right, it's a privilege, and if you can't control yourself, then there's no way you should be allowed the opportunities fly in any commercial airline at least for a period of a few years.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: And I just I see something like that, and one of my reactions was, I wonder what's set or off? And it doesn't matter what's set or off. I don't care if the guy called her, you know, some kind of unconscionable word. You don't jump back there and start throwing stuff around. There are other recourses you may have. Just mind your p's and q's and do the things properly. People just lost their sense of I don't know, perspective, humanity, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Brian, I also told my agents all the time at Northwest Airlines, we never know why somebody's flying. They may have just lost a parent, a child. I mean, we don't know what's going on in the world, and we're many times the first point of contact after they get that kind of news, So that again doesn't excuse that behavior, but you recognize that we don't know what individuals are going through that cause them to maybe this is the worst day of their entire life, and when one little thing goes wrong, it's the thing that lights the fuse that off it goes. And obviously this kind of behavior is never ever, ever and should never happen, but it's just unfortunate.
Speaker 2: But it's such a public.
Speaker 4: Thing that if this person jumps on Delta flight and causes a problem maybe where the flight is.
Speaker 2: In some sort of risk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I look at that as Delta Airlines would then be liable because I would say, wait a minute, it's public knowledge of how this person acted here and you said okay to let her fly. Now, they may say we had no way of knowing we took the reservation, those kinds of things, but you know, from a reliability standpoint, I would be afraid as another carrier to put this type of personality on a flight not knowing.
Speaker 2: What might happen.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, And you're thinking like a plane off, Slawyer.
Speaker 2: When you make it that I've been.
Speaker 4: Hanging around you, brother for years, it's starting to rub off.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling pretty good, all right, real quick.
Speaker 4: Jay r Hub delays, it looks like Chicago is going to give us some big time issues. Got a lot of rain, limited visibility, and some wins that are heading in that direction. Minneapolis may as well, but Rader really thinks the problem children of the day are going to be the two airports in Chicago. Some of those delays, unfortunately going to probably approach ninety minutes. Other than that, anywhere else in the country should be in pretty good shape.
Speaker 1: Thank God for you. iHeart media aviation ext fort. Jay Ratliffe lighting my load at the end of the day, as I always appreciate.
Speaker 2: Any time, brother, dam that great week.
Speaker 1: We'll talk next Thursday, and best of luck and love to you and your better half, my friend.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. Thanks eight fifty six.
Speaker 1: If you've got Kere Steve talk Station, Donald and Neil and the Inflation Reduction Act Anniversary. Earlier in the program, Jack Casher with a book Ashley Ashley Babbitt Ashley The Untold Stories of the Women of January sixth, and of course my conversation with Jay Ratliffe there at the podcast page. Thank you Joe Strecker for producing the program. God bless you too, folks. I hope you have a wonderful day. Tune in tomorrow for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and don't go Wegg. Glenn Beck's coming right up. Donald Trump is It's what motivates the biggest unifier for the Democrat.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the Detox station. This rate