Speaker 1: We are off and running here on a Tuesday morning. It is six oh five at Kentucky and its Morning News with Coffee and Company, myself, Nick Coffee, the whole cruise here, John Alden alongside the company man himself. You just heard John Chinnon. And we'll have another sports up day with Scott coming up in about twenty minutes or so. A big, big day yesterday here, yesterday here in Louisville, as Ford made it official and announced their two billion dollar electric vehicle investment here in Louisville. And obviously this is going to create a lot of jobs, and it's going to impact this city and state in a major way. And Ford has been a big part of the workforce here in Louisville. And I know there's many people that listen to this station every day that spend their days working on the assembly line at Ford. So just huge overall, and I know this is it sounds like this is in the works for I think about three years, and there was some rumor that this big news was coming, and to have it become a fish yesterday certainly a big deal and a big enough deal to get Andy Basher, the Governor of Kentucky here to discuss the impact it's having.
Speaker 2: This is a massive investment in our commonwealth. Even more important, it's securing an incredible twenty two hundred full time jobs for our people. The best part is these vehicles will be affordable. They're going to help so many American families keep more money in their pockets for groceries, medicine, school supplies, and yes, even that family vacation. This is a massive investment in our commonwealth.
Speaker 1: So when it comes to the electric vehicle movement, I'm not anti electric vehicle. It just doesn't come to mind for me when I think about any vehicle that I'm going to have anytime soon, because I don't really plan on getting a different vehicle anytime soon. But eventually, that's probably what we're all going to be driving, right John, You and I aren't that far apart in age in the grand scheme of things. But do you think that you will? I mean the scenario where we don't own electric vehicles before we call it quits and and our life comes to it, And let's just assume that's when we're seventy seven or older, like, well, we'll probably own multiple electric vehicles by the inn reute.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't surprise me. I don't know at what age. I don't know how to predict that far ahead of when, all especially being the type of person that I am driving old vehicles. Yeah, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some point that I'm driving something like that.
Speaker 1: If you want to hold on to and this is I think something we're far far away from. But if you want to hold on to a vehicle because of it's paid off and it's you don't you don't want a new one, you like it, you don't want to buy anything different. There's a lot of people like that. It may just become where it is not as convenient to have a car that has been you know, running on gasoline. You know what I mean, that's true. Like eventually, again it's hard for me to eaven envision a scenario where you can't find a gas station to fill up your Toyota or your or your you know, your forward pick up, it's not electric, whatever it may be. But eventually, maybe in one hundred years, I don't know, that's probably where we're going to be. Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: When electric charging stations become just as normal and easy to find as regular gas stations, and I know there's probably more than I realize there are, but whenever they're you know, kind of second nature. I guess I think that's when you'll see people like me and you driving electric vehicles more often.
Speaker 1: And I'm not looking for them by any means, but I'm noticing more of those charging stations everywhere I go. Now it's more so when I'm not in I mean, it's it's actually not as often to see them here, but you know, when I travel, I notice them, and you know, it's not as if they're everywhere, but clearly there's enough electric vehicles on the roadway to where those things are popping up. So the there was a Wall Street Journal survey that looked at the potential EV buyers and found they found that the average age of respondents was, I mean, this can't be right, sixty five. Wow. I mean, that just seemed like to me that it would be the last deal that would want to they would want to buy.
Speaker 3: But maybe they have more more money, though I'm sure they're more expensive vehicles. I would imagine.
Speaker 1: Forty two percent of electric vehicle owners in the United States are age thirty to forty four. That makes way more sense in my opinion. And you're right. Yeah, if you're in your twenties, you may be in you may be super interested in this because you just know it's the future. But you know, being a fort you know, can you go how many people can go buy a tesla?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: There's not there's not a used marketplace for teslas that were manufactured in two thousand and two, like your like your camera, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, it's it's much different.
Speaker 1: So yeah, eventually we'll be there, and uh, there'll be many, many, many electric forward vehicles on the roadways in years to come, and they'll be they'll be manufactured right here in this city, in this state, which of course is a good thing, right all right. Uh, I shouldn't be as fascinated by this as I am, but I just am. And that is scammers because they're smart. If they used their savviness to you know, do something productive and not be criminals, the world would be a better place. But Kentucky is not in a good place compared to other states as far as falling victim to scammers. And there's some numbers I want to share with you, and a new website that is designed to help those in this state to detect if they're being scammed or not, because again, sometimes I think, well, why would you fall for that? But then sometimes I'm like, damn, that would have got me too. All right, let's get to a cook update traffic and whether Bobby Ellis will tell us how the road lays are looking. I believe this is the first day where the majority, maybe the vast majority of school systems in the Kentucky and a region are back in school, which you know what that means a change in traffic. So Bobby will tell us how we're looking out there. We'll also get an update on Matt Melosovich when it comes to the forecast right here on News Radio eight forty whas So, the state of Kentucky has launched a statewide anti scam website, but Shier has decided to take new act to protect Kentuckians who fall victim to the savvy scammers that are all over the world. So there's a new state run website that is aimed to prevent this from happening by providing awareness of I guess trendy scams that are out there, and of course, unfortunately, how you can recover from being a victim to scammers. So the website is Stop Scams dot ky dot GV it is, it's now live and it's your one stop resource essentially for spotting these scams, reporting them, and again finding recovery tools if you have been if you've been targeted. And I think this is the right way to describe it. Bashir calls these scams mean and cruel and saying they strip Kentuckians of savings meant for essentials like rent, groceries, and retirement. And when you think about that, the vulnerable are those that would in fact end up losing out on retirement money, life savings, that kind of stuff. So there's been progress made in Kentucky, but the twenty twenty four FBI report shows the Kentuckians are still losing over seventy four million dollars annually to online scammers. Think about that, I mean seventy four million dollars a year in this state. That's seventy four million of of of citizens in this state. That's their money that scammers are taking, Which I mean, does that not if anything? I mean, look seventy four million dollars, there is a lot of money I think might no matter how you're looking at it. But doesn't that speak to how I think it speaks to more how effective scammers are than maybe how vulnerable other people are. Clearly it's a little bit of both. But I mean that's a lot of money. I mean, I'm gonna look it up. Where does Kentucky rank compared to other states? Because clearly we've always I think been towards the bottom. But maybe that's changed because again there has been progress. But even whenever you have progress made, you know, the scammers they're getting smarter every day too. And I haven't even thought of this, but it's so true. Imagine how much easier it potentially could be for scammers with the powerful thing that is called artificial intelligence. I mean, yikes. So ata Kentucky is thirty fifth out of fifty when it comes to preventing scams. So yeah, not good. And let me give you another example of one that is I think if you really think about it and consider sort of what is being presented to you, you would just assume this is probably too good to be true. But I had a friend who their mother was retired and she was looking for some type of part time work to stay busy have a little bit of extra income, and she'd been retired for some years and she was head up by a company that emailed her, had a legit website, and they were offering to pay just like a stipend of money per month. I think it was like they were going to give her one hundred dollars a month if she had her vehicle wrapped in a logo of like a I think it might have been like an energy drink or something, and they were just trying to get people to allow you to basically use they were wanted to use your vehicle for advertising space. And again, it all looked legit as far as the visual, the website, the process. But what I remember throwing out there and I don't know if I prevented it, but I was glad to know that they didn't fall followed through with the offer because it was a scam. This was a retired woman who doesn't leave her home. Why are they going to give her over one thousand dollars a month to I mean, so that's where you just have to think about, like this makes yeah, it sounds it sounds awesome, this is perfect, but it's clearly a little bit too good to be true, and also doesn't make any sense why they are coming after you. And I later learned that there's many people that fell victim to that kind of thing, and you know, they present something that's really not existent only to just make you more likely to give up your info so they can take that and do what they do, steal your identity, drain your bank accounts, that kind of stuff. So it's a real issue. And again the new state website to help with it in every aspect is Stopscams dot Ky dot gov. All right, we've got an update of traffick and weather coming your way. Matt Melosavitch will tell us, hopefully some good news because I'm over this heat and humidity. Yesterday was far worse than any of the eight days I was in the Panhandle.
Speaker 3: Just gross.
Speaker 1: Also, we've got Scott Fitzgerald with another sports update coming your way. Right here our news radioaight forty whas, that's right, it is Kentucky and his morning news hero news Radio eight forty whas. Coffee and Company with you, Nick Coffee, that's me for the full crew is here today and we've got I think just about everybody in the Kentucky and a region back in school, which means the roadways are a little more busy, and that could mean there's more traffic. You'll have an update on traffic up here at about four and a half minutes from Bobby Ellis. But you noticed a difference in traffic this morning, didn't you, mister John, And tell.
Speaker 3: Us what you really think about the drivers this morning. So for me, it's very different each and every day. But I did notice on I sixty five north, really right around the time you're by the Expo Center and Louisville Ellen and Stadium and all that sort of stuff, vehicles traveling a lot faster than normal, and people being a lot more impatient. I had somebody come up behind me, and I don't believe I did anything to this driver or vehicle, but they turned on their brights and completely tailed me for a couple maybe about a mile or two on that part of that stretch of ICE sixty five. I was just talking about and I don't know if that person was angry or intoxicated or what it was, but that was the only very strange thing I ran into. But otherwise, there was just a lot of people in a hurry this morning.
Speaker 1: I just noticed more cars on the roadway, which again that tends to happen when when school's back in session. And this is the first time I've been in this position, doing this shift in the mornings where you've got school going on, and I tell you what, when it comes to just the difference in the amount of cars, and it makes total sense, to be honest with you, but you know, you really start to see a real increase. If you're commute is probably between like seven and eight thirty in the morning, maybe maybe even around right now. But even for us who in the summer, it's it's it's pretty deserted along some of the roadways. It's you know, there's still more people out because depending upon your situation, rather it be the employees that work for the school systems that have to get there super early, or maybe you are responsible and you don't rely on the school system's bus transportation to where you know, people get their day started early. And yeah, I know with school back in well just about everybody around here, we'll see more busy roadways and I'm sure that means more traffic, and that's that's not really good for anybody, right. However, there's one way you could look at it, look at it as a positive, and that means you may have more time to enjoy the experience that is Kentucky at It's morning news with coffee and company before you get to work. So just keep that in mind. And I hope again you can sense sarcasm there. I'm sure you know, no matter what we do, if you're late for work and you're sitting in traffic, you're going to be upset. And I totally get it. But maybe we can distract you from being upset. All right, So some big news yesterday towards the end of the show. That is I think like the fifth different big announcement we've had as far as broadcast rights to sports entertainment events. It was yesterday the UFC announced their deal with Paramount. So this is a one. Let's see, it's a seven year deal worth an average of one point one billion per year. So Paramount sky Dance Corporation, they now are the exclusive broadcast rights owner of the UFC, which will start in twenty twenty six. And this, I mean the UFC has grown over the years and clearly it is a big time television product. But what's different here is that now when it comes to what you get out of the I mean subscribers that are part of Paramount's streaming service, Paramount Plus, they are going to get premium UFC events at no cost beyond their regular Paramount Plus subscription. So what this has done there's no more pay per view model for the UFC, which is pretty substantial when it comes to just how long that's been around. So this does in fact end ESPN's deal with with UFC, which I think makes sense. But what's interesting that I'm not sure a lot of people really know, maybe just because you don't care, or maybe because you don't follow UFC or the ww because you got to give in mine. Last week, it was the big news that the ESPN and the WWE made a big announcement that you're now going to see some of the WWE's content within the ESPN platform. Arms So TKO, I believe, is the name of Yeah Tko. Let's see what's it called Yeah TKO Group Holdings. They actually own both the WWE and the UFC. I don't know if many people realize that, but that just speaks to how I mean, like they're now all when it comes to sports entertainment wrestling clearly is choreographed and UFC is not. But they're under the same parent company and they are in bed with ESPN when it comes to the wrestling, and they're in bed with Paramount when it comes to UFC and a lot of money. I mean, the Paramount deal has mentioned seven point seven billion over seven years, and the ESPNWWE deal, which will start same year is one point six billion over five years, so three hundred and twenty five million a year. And again, for what it's worth, the premium live events for the WWE, including WrestleMania, Summer Slam, all the big pay per views, those are going to be streaming on ESPN's new direct to consumer service, with some similar different broadcast versions on their different networks. So just keep the mind the difference in money there is that UFC is all under Paramount now, whereas the WE, they still are going to have their Monday night raw television show that's on Netflix, and then they have SmackDown, which I believe is on one of the TV networks out there. So WV split up a little bit. But yeah, people, I know that there's some people thinking like who watches that? How Well, clearly there's a market for it, because that's a lot of money for those broadcast rights that these big companies like Paramount Disney which owns ESPN, they know they can monetize that, so a lot of money. All right, let's get to an update on the roadways. Bobby Ellis will tell us how it's looking with the traffic. Matt Melosavitch will getus caught up on the forecast as we move along here on a Tuesday morning on Who's Radio Weight forty WHS. We talked to Rory and Eal of NBC News a little bit earlier this morning about the Snap Benefits, which is now essentially food stamps, and how there's some potential changes coming to where that would not cover food that is clearly not nutritious it's actually bad for you, like some candy and sodas and whatnot. And that reminded me of something I read yesterday. It really fascinated me. And it's not like I'm gonna take this into consideration to try to become healthier, but it is just really interesting when you look at how the Amish are able to stay healthy. So the Amish have a four percent obesity rate, which is ten times lower than the rest of America. And they're not counting calories, tracking macros. They don't have gym memberships, fitness apps, certainly no ozembic. Yet they're leaner, healthier, and happier seemingly. I mean, I don't know anybody specifically that I can reference, but I mean have they And again I don't know about the happiness, but if you are healthy, ID assume that contributes to some potential happiness. But here is just some examples of their way of life that goes a long way, a lot of movement throughout the day. Amish men average over eighteen thousand steps a day. Women average over fourteen thousand steps a day. We're talking walking, lifting, hauling, building, of course, growing their own food. Movement is a big part of their of their every day and when it comes to eating food, they only eat natural food. There's no processing, no chemicals, seed oils. They eat high carbon, high fat foods, but still stay lean and it's because their food is all natural. And also sleep. They sleep with the sun, wake up when the sun rises, relax, wine down when it goes to get when it goes dark, and then of course go to sleep soon after that. So their circadian rhythm is dialed in which that can improve your mood and metabolism, make eat easier to stay lean and healthy. And this is more of a mental thing, I suppose, but just living with purpose, Like they're not chasing status or any social media clout. Their focus is every day their faith, family and contributing to the Amish community. And there's legitimate scientific studies that show that people who have a purpose live longer, and I think that totally makes sense. And when it comes to just living a simple life, I mean there's not as much. I mean, I don't want to act like it's but again, they're not trying to keep up with the joneses or stressing about jobs and career, money, status because that's just not their way of life and something that I can't imagine not having. But clearly they don't have screen time, right, I mean, we're on screens all day, work in front of your computer, watching TV, scroll and social media, and it's terrible for your sleep, increases your risk of anxiety and depression. Because more and this is just my opinion on it, you now have access to see that you are not of status that others are that didn't used to exist. You would know, but you didn't see it. Now you can see it every second. I mean, you can watch movies back in the day, but now we're constantly comparing ourselves to others without even any real intent because it's just in front of our face everywhere. So another thing that it says here is that they eat their main meal around noon, and that is a big deal when it comes to digestive enzymes when they're at their peak, and it can help you help you digest your food better. So I can't think if I've ever seen an Amish individual that I would label as obese, but yeah, they've clearly got to figure it out as far as health. The more you know. All right, let's get to an update on traffic and weather. Matt Melosavitch will tell us how human and hot it's going to be today. I hope he gives us good news, but if it's anything like yeah, yesterday, they won't be It won't be the case. Also, Scott's back within their sports update coming up here in about four minutes on news radio Wait forty w h as