Speaker 1: Portions of The Bill Cunningham Show may be pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Willie Brough You by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice Hotels dot Com. Now here's the man who's been recognized. There's radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast excellence, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Right, Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and this glorious Sunday night. And I look around there right now as I speak, the so called House budget committees trying to get an agreement not to keep borrowing two trillion dollars every year as far as the eye can see, and as you and I kind of agreed to a few weeks ago, the best of intentions. In fact, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I know the intentions are good to cut federal spending, or shall I say, at least maintain federal spending a current level. So how about that one. I have an actuarial coming up later in US Congressman that's going to say that if we had the same federal spending in twenty twenty five, as we had in twenty twenty one, four years ago. We'd have a balanced budget right now, not borrowing a trillion dollars or two trillion dollars every year. We'd have a balanced budget. Now, wouldn't that be marvelous? If we had a balanced budget, maybe Moodies wouldn't downgrade our debt again, because they've downgraded it again, and it's going to happen again and again and again, and it's not a well covered issue. It is the most predictive national calamity ever to strike this country. Normally, when a calamity happens, we don't have warning, whether it was not a lite or the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor or something like that, but everyone says that were now thirty seven trillion dollars. Moody's is telling us you can't afford it, and instead of the media covering that issue, the Democratic Party stepping up to say we're going to help you. Have a large number of moderate Republicans that won't agree to maintain federal spending. They want to keep borrowing money. And at this rate, we won't have a country in about five or six years. And we have Congressman Warren Davidson coming up later, who says there will be no spending reductions until at least twenty twenty nine. What twenty twenty nine? Moderate Republicans want to increate the salt, state and local tax deductions, and more conservative members of Congress like Roy of Texas and Davidson of Ohio, say, wait a minute. We came into office promising to keep federal spending where it is. Now that's a cut, or to slow the rate of the increase. Now that's a cut. Instead of saying, look, the penny pen made a lot of sense. The Penny plan made sense to Sean Hannity, my good friend, and to me, just to reduce federal spending every year by one cent on the dollar. Can't get that done. And now the Republicans are going to increase federal spending again by about causing a two trillion dollar deficit this year, and the year begins October first to October first of next year, and we can't quit spending. Every constituency group in the world is organized to keep their particular goody alive. And why can't we have Medicaid work requirements? You have to be healthy under the age of fifty five and you refuse to work, but you get medicaid on your dime. We can't agree to get that done. So I don't know what to tell you. It's not good. And sometime tonight they're going to pass it out of the Budget Committee to the Rules Committee on Wednesday for its consideration, and sometime by Memorial Day, which by the way, is about thirteen days away's supposed to have a vote in the House. We'll see what happens. I have no confidence in the Republicans now to maintain federal spending at current levels for the time they're in the Congress. If that would happen, we'd have a balanced budget within five years. No, we're going to keep federal spending roughly at the same levels, then provide some tax cuts which may incentivize economic activity, which you bring more revenues into the treasury. But and it's a big, beautiful bill. But if it's a bill that Joe Biden himself may have agreed to, we're in trouble. I think we're in trouble. That's coming up later. Plus I would note that it was announced either late night yesterday Saturday, or today that Joe Biden has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer, which comes to a shock to me because, as you know, a responsible man has a PSA test done and also digital rectal exams, which I find extremely intrusive. I tell my urologists, you got ten seconds, that's all you got. They're called drees digital rectal exams, and also PSAs. I like to know if Joe Biden, who previously has contracted a few forms of cancer, including including skin cancer, which is not a big deal, and he also had polyps cancers sales removed from his coal and this is number three, and so I would think an eighty two year old man with cancer in the family would be treated early on proper diagnosis, and I like to know it. I think Joe Biden knows this to the American people to say, look, these are the things I did the last two years for my health. Forget about the mental health. We know that's shot, but I want to know about the physical health. I'm kind of shocked that Joe Biden would contract stage four prostate cancer have a glease in score of nine when he received opposedly the best medical care in the world. Prostate cancers are given a score, a so called Leason score between one and ten, with one being very low and ten being very high. According to the press release, Biden's office said his score was a nine, saying his cancer it spread to bones and maybe to limpodes, and when it spreads other parts of the body, so called metastasize much harder to treat than localized cancer inside the prostate capsule, which goes from the grossm the size about a grape to a small plumb. And so was he treated previously for this? Did he go through all the screenings? I don't know, but I offer the best of the Biden family. We may disagree politically, but I would not wish upon this my worst enemy, and he's not my worst enemy. I have worst enemies than Joe Biden. But Joe Biden right now is going to fight for his long term survivability, and according to the things I've read, he has a life expectancy now less than five years. But I wish him and the family well as they fight and decide what to do. And allegedly this kind of treatment may involve hormones, and this particular kind of cancer is available for treatment by hormones. But when you're regularly screened, which I don't know if he spent or not. It's kind of shocking to me you go to stage four and at least in the score of nine if you've been properly screened. But I guess anything is possible. We'll see what happens with that. And secondly, I would point out that once again, the Congress is trying to don't say cut federal spending. Is to maintain current federal spending. That's the plan. Keep spending where it is right now, and if we do that, we can have a balanced budget within three or four years. But the Republicans in the Congress refuse to do that. In fact, they're going to increase spending by allowing these programs simply to grow, grow and grow more. And if they can't do it, I want to know who will do it. The answer I suspect is nobody's going to do it. That's why I strongly suspect. Secondly, we had an explosion Saturday morning outside of a fertility clinic in Palm Spring, California. A twenty five year old man named Guy Edward Barkas b like in boy Ar k h Us, decided to blow up a fertility clinic, because according to his manifesto, he opposed the birth of human beings, and the fertility clinic had many, shall we say, apparatusus and availabilities to put together women and men's sperm and to have fertility occur in a Petri dish or etc. And it's a consequence the embryos they say have been protected. But I don't know how that's possible. But this guy is a real nut. He's part of a pro mortalist group who thinks that no baby should be born without their consent. Go talk to a zygote, or go talk to an inco it life and talk to me about whether or not in a fertility clinic. There's going to be some desire to bring people in the world against their will. According to KCAL News in Los Angeles, Barcas wrote in writings and recordings that he opposed the idea of bringing people into the world against their will. What how is this possible? The writings left behind were anti anti pro life. Whatever that is anti pro life, and he targeted the clinic goes they had the potential of life. The FBAIOT described Barcas as an ideation and noted he may have been attempted to livestream the bombing on social media, in which he himself was killed. I guess he wanted to end his own life. He's against human life. Unbelievable. The embryos allegedly have been saved. But when I first heard about this, I thought, this has got to be a real nut job, and he is. But previously, mister Barkas has no previous criminal record, has never filed bankruptcy. In fact, he's unknown in the system completely. The explosion damaged nearby businesses and residential properties, and pieces of Barkers's car was thrown hundreds of feet in the air several blocks away. And of course it's hard to determine whether it was suicide or whether it was mistakes setting off the bomb. So he was not on the radar prior to the bombing. No criminal record, no bankruptcies, no sexual offenses immediately found in any public record. He was a resident of twenty nine palms in City in San Bernardino County, about sixty miles from Palm Springs. He simply wanted to destroy human life without their consent, so embryos zygots in Kowitz sperm. He wanted to destroy because there was a possibility that that item could become a human life. He was anti pro life. He was part of a mortality group that wanted to kill living things, and he was one of them. I say good riddance to him. Fortunately no one was killed except the bomber himself. And as I said, the police do not know if it was a suicide or mistaken setting off the device. Haven't said yet what that situation is. So let's continue with more and later on we have Jeff crew Air coming up, he writes. Jeff Creuer writes at townhall dot com about what a great successful trip Donald Trump headed the Middle East. Came back Saturday night or Sunday morning this morning. Is doing well physically struck unbelievable deals, trillions of dollars and new investments inside of America. He met with the new leader of Syria, who was a member of our Kaida. How about that who's now said to the Trumpster that he wants to be part of the civilized nations of the world. He has got more talks going on now with Iran. At some point I think Iran and the US will join together and take out the nuclear capabilities of Iran. They will act like they want to give it up, but they will not. And then he has a lot of ideas about what to do with the so called Palestinians or Gazans, to put them in Libya, paid for by the Ewan and others. As Gaza is real rebuilt in the image of what Israel and Western democracies may look like. And as you may know, Palestinians in Gaza have added up to hear with Hamas and they want him gone too. Put all that together, but what a successful trip. In fact, some wants to nominate Donald Trump from the Nobel Peace Prize, which would be almost impossible. You might recall that in twenty nine, before Obama had done a damn thing as president, they gave Barak Hussein Obama. Guess what gave him the Peace Prize? Obama? And what did he do at that point? Absolutely nothing. Sounds like a nineteen sixties rock song. In fact, what did he do the eight years of his presidency Absolutely nothing for world peace. In fact, he made it worse. On the other hand, Ronald Reagan secured a massive arms control agreement with the Soviet Union, reduced real fears of a nuclear war This is reagan massive investments in a military bankrupt of the Soviet Union. They collapsed, unable to compete economically or militarily without firing a shot. Ronald Reagan brought down the Evil Empire, the Iron Curta in the Berlin Wall, all came tumbling down. Who'd they give the Nobel Peace Price to? How about yes, their air Fat got the Nobel Peace Price along with Jimmy Carter for the peace in the Middle East. How's that looking so compared to what the Donald has done, to what Gorbachev did? He got the Nobel Peace Prize or yes, the air Fat. It's a joke that Donald is a tremendous peace giver. He gives peace throughout the world. What's like Pope Leo the fourteenth that had his first master today and met of course JD. Vance and Marco Rubio was wonderful. So later on we have Jeff crue eron from New Orleans, and I would note that sixty minutes is making some sense. For a time. They did a story on and CBS Morning News did it also about what's wrong with New Orleans? And believe me a lot when ten murderers escaped but none the left. Jeff Crewe Ara will be here to talk about why Trump deserves to know about Peace Prize and more. And once again we offer nothing but the best wishes for ex President Joe Biden. I love saying the word ex president who has contracted stage four with the Gleason score of nine Price Day cancer. That's metastasized to the bone. And I like to know, as someone age appropriate, if you're in your forties, fifties, or sixties, I believe that PSAs were low and digital exams that were regularly done gave your pretty good insurance against contracting prosday cancer. When contract When diagnosed early, it's somewhat simple to cure. But at this point they have the ex president have stage four Price Day cancer. To me, that's a shock. So let's continue with more. Do you have hope the Republicans and Elon Musk can in fact cut federal spending? By that, I mean that equals keeping it where it is. Cutting federal spending means keeping it where it is. The answer from tonight appears to be no, plus we have more. I want to get a grade from you on the trip that Donald Trump made to the Middle East on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It was the greatest foreign policy effort by any president in American history. He's bringing peace to Ukraine and the Russia, seeming that you're going to have a big talk tomorrow. He's brought peace to India and Pakistan that saved millions and millions of lives. He's got Syria possibly within the Western Democratic orbit. He solidified our relationships with the functional countries in the Middle East, getting pledges of trillions and trillions of dollars and hamas Is on its heels, has blows in retreat in Lebanon, and the world could enter another and another era of peace because of Donald Trump, none of which happened under Joe Biden or Barack Hussein Obama. Let's continue with more. We have five lines open. Your calls are next eight six six six four seven seven three three seven. Bill Cunningham, the Great American, with you every Sunday night. I don't know about you, but I'm waiting to be disappointed on federal government spending. I'm gonna ask Congressman Warren Davidson later, what's going to happen tonight? And most importantly, was going to happen in the House that are going to pass the bill or not. No tax on tips, no tax on social Security, no tax on overtime, or promise. We'll see what happens. And normally, when you cut taxes a little bit, it causes a gross increase in economic activity, generating more dollars. It was that way under John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump's first term. You don't eliminate taxes on the achievers, the workers, those who produce twenty five percent of the I'm sorry, forty percent of the revenue, with one percent of the income. That's being Americans making more than four hundred thousand dollars a year are the top one percent, and they pay about forty percent of the income tax. We already have the regressive system democrats demand, but you have to have the right equilibrium between how much the tax and they give a little bit of money back to those who are going to spend the money. Makes a lot of sense because the rising tide lifts all boats, and by doing that, you increase federal revenues. And I have little doubt the intentions are good, but the reality is the Washington elite are going to eat up and spit out Donald Trump and Johnson and those in McConnell and Thune and those in the Senate, because it's the way the system is. I'm losing faith and ability and Republicans to keep federal spending where it is and to give modest tax cuts and get rid of all the crap in the federal budget. Because tonight's going to be a precursor to what's going to happen Wednesday Thursday. So let's continue with the more. And by the way, my good friend Dan Bongino said again that disgrace phoinance financier Jeffrey Epstein killed himself in the Manhattan jail cell, that he wasn't killed by others, although I'm sure powerful men wanted them dead. But when Dan Bongino says it, I believe it. And secondly, Cash put tell later on's going to have more information in the Russian collusion delusion, which I hope comes out because those responsible for that should be indicted, including Hillary Clinton. I might add, let's continue with more three lines open. If you call it out'll take some calls on the other side. Eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven. Tonight, the House Budget Committee trying to passle onto the Rules Committee some sort of a bill, and I hope those hardliners on the deficit stand their position. Bill Cunningham, the great American, with you and all of the great Americans every Sunday night. You know, I like to monitor news agencies around the world to give you every Sunday night what's happening. By the way, our phone number I'll take calls right after this at eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven. But one of the articles of faith, and you've heard it recently, is that Iran has had now four rounds of talks with Marco Rubio, jd Vance, etc. And the Donald would like to do a deal in which the IAEA does the inspection with Americans to make sure they're not enriching any more uranium in Iran, in fact getting rid of what they got. They don't need it for electrical production in Iran, which is the cheapest the electrical cost in the Middle East. It's very cheap. But the Iranian Foreign minister said Sunday afternoon a few hours ago that regardless of whether a nuclear deal is reached or not with the US, Iran will enrich more uranium and the statement that US officials were privy to during the discussions. He said, quote, Iran can only control what Iranians do, and that is to avoid negotiating in public, particularly given the current dissidents. We're seeing between what our US US interlookers say in public and in private. But one thing is certain, Iran will not stop enriching uranium. Mark Rubio said the other day that the IAEA referred to the United Nations Nuclear watchdog not it in March what two months ago that Iran, in a stockpile of sixty percent of rich uranium, had grown from one hundred and sixty two kilograms this two hundred and seventy five reportedly approximately six hundred pounds in early twenty twenty five, capable of producing dozens of thermonuclear weapons. Once you're at sixty percent, you're most of the way there. It will take a few weeks to enrich it further in order to get it up to nuclear grade to use and to marry on top of a weapon. He said, We're at the threshold of a nuclear weapon and Iran will not back down to the US. The President said on Thursday that the Iran have sort of agreed to terms of a nuclear deal, whatever that means. Well, here we are the safternoon on Sunday. The Foreign Minister of Iran said that's not true. Said we will go our own way on this thing, as I've said before, and Edward will be my first call from Tampa Bay. I love Tampa Bay eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven. That Iran is run by a death cult of iman's and mulas who consider death more desirable than life. Most even foreign despots, understand that they want to live. Even Russian soldiers are Japanese or Chinese or American soldiers. At the end of the day, Russians want to live. The death cult in Iran they want to die. They think by dying in some sort of jihad is there is there is a ticket to seventy two versions in heaven, and so it is a death cult. Almas Hesbalah both are ram the groups in Iran et h. They're basically desiring death. And so when you have that kind of attitude, we're in trouble. And Iran knows, I hope they know that the IDF and Americans were not exactly bluffing. Let's go to the calls and if a line becomes available. A couple are available now at eight six six six four seven seven three three seven. Let's go to Edward in New York and then a call from Joe and I'm sorry Edward and Tampa and Joe in New York. Edward and Tampa, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Edward, how are you Bill thinking?
Speaker 3: We're taking my const in a while? But yeah, I mean President Trump gets an a on this trip, especially with India in Pakistan over kashimir because those are two nuclear powers. I mean, you didn't expect a bully like Turkey the Ertawan to be the peacemaker. No, President Trump outwit everybody else in the United Nations.
Speaker 4: So good job. Bone.
Speaker 3: You saw what they did on sixty minutes today with China.
Speaker 1: Yes, about that, Explain explain that to the American people. I watched sixty minutes many times that you don't have to, but explain what sixty minutes did with communist red China.
Speaker 3: Right, So they're they're watching, they're shadowing these uh Chinese that made it over here to America, and they got spies because they want to bring these people over. This is why they set up those police stations. Remember the police stations they set.
Speaker 4: Up in New York Times.
Speaker 5: That's the purpose of that.
Speaker 3: It's a smash these people and take them back to China.
Speaker 1: And basically our power grid, our water systems are electrical grid. Uh, maybe everything that we have is encoded by the Majijiao Pang and his regime with certain ways of cutting us off completely. And there are literally about half a million Chinese living in America and they have to have police stations in various American cities, police stations to police the Chinese inside of America. And if you act up, you'll be killed or back home. How about that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the Chinese, the Chinese satellite companies are also giving help to the hoodies in Yemen. That's how they're bombing those ships because of those Chinese satellites.
Speaker 1: And Edward I read a few days ago that the communist Red Chinese have set up a deal with Colombia to be part of the Silken Road effort. Much like Peru is part of that effort, and much like Panama is part of that effort, where the Chinese come in and they loan you the money to build water systems, highways and bridges and then they close on the loans in such a way as to own a lot of the resources of those countries. And now they're in Colombia. Whatever happened to the Monroe doctor? Remember eighteen twenty three, the Monroe doctor. What happened to that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gone. Yeah, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And unfortunately you don't hear this in the media because it doesn't really have to do your research on this. But thank God for you, because I called the brotherhood. I told them, Hey, we got to get these bills passed, because that's fun as the sharpie are. If Democrats get back in power, they can overturn these SHARPI store, it is so important that we pass built Lows.
Speaker 1: Well, tonight's a big night. Allegedly, I'm told they're going to pass it and give it to the Rules Committee on Wednesday. Let's see what happens. Let's continue now with Joe in New York, and then Bob and San Diego and John and Delaware, the home of Joe Biden who now has stage four cancer, and Bob and I'm sorry, Bob and San Diego, welcome to Bill Cunningham Show. Then Joe, Bob, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 5: Bill, I'm fine, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, I work for a biotech company back in two thousand and three to two thousand and seven, and if you remember, back then, there was a bill called Project BioShield, introduced by Bill Frist and the Republican Party to bring drugs to market that could protect us from terrorism.
Speaker 5: Yes, we had a drug.
Speaker 6: My company had a drug that would protect people from a cute radiation syndrome. If a nuclear bomb goes off in the thirty of people are gonna die from a cute radiation syndrome. That's what our drug did, Okay. I met with Israel the military in two thousand and six and I presented our data and of course the FDA and everybody knew our data back then, and we had a drug that could protect people who could stock pilot.
Speaker 5: It was very inexpensive at the time.
Speaker 4: You can look it up.
Speaker 6: I was on sixty minutes over this thing.
Speaker 5: It was a big deal. And when we presented.
Speaker 6: Our daily data to the Israeli military, they turned on the video. This is back in two thousand and five, and they showed me and my scientists F sixteen's that went in the Iraq and they took out the nuclear plants, okay, and they said, we don't think they don't think Iran has a nuclear bomb, and if we ever think they do, this is.
Speaker 5: Exactly what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: I open my.
Speaker 6: Presentation and you can look it up with the Economists. The cover of The Economist that year at Arma Dinijohn, who was the man in power at around and in the background on the cover said unstoppable to the nuclear weapon. They will not stop enriching uranium and they will have a nuclear weapon. This is not negotiable. And I'm telling you we're gonna have to take them out. There's no other choice. Well I know this, I studied it and everything else.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree more. And they can say what you want to say, but at the end of the day, they're gonna keep the nuclear weapon because they're gonna look at Libya as the role model. What happens when you give up weapons of mass destruction, you get destroyed. And they do not want peace. They want war because they want to kill Jews and kill Americans, and they see themselves nuclear bombs, the nuclear weaponry, and they have ballistic missiles as a way of ensuring their own service.
Speaker 6: We can't let them have it, and either Israel or a combination of the United States will take them out. There is no negotiation none. They're gonna lie and they're not gonna They're not gonna stop now. They're right on the cusp of abingdon. I'm telling you, if they don't have it already.
Speaker 1: And if they have it already and they threaten to use it and then they think they got they got Trump and the Trump card to play. And Israel, unlike America, I don't think Iran's gonna have the capability of launching against US anytime soon. But if they had the capability, they would, But they would launch against Israel in a heartbeat to kill six million Jews. That's what they're in the business to do. And can you imagine if Israel put down all their arms today, they would be overwhelmed. If Hamas and Hesla put down their arms, they'd be peace. Israeli's wan piece. Iranians want war and America should give it to them.
Speaker 6: Well, they've got to take it ran out.
Speaker 5: No question negotiable. It's not negotiable.
Speaker 1: Unless all of a sudden they change.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine I'm reading out of Iranian sources. What'sh The Iranian Foreign minister said this afternoon, no matter what happens, we're going to keep enriching are uranium, no matter what Americans say, We're going to keep doing it. And they are. They tell us what they're gonna do.
Speaker 6: Well, that's right. It's not for nuclear power, Make no mistake. We can give them all the energy they want for nuclear power.
Speaker 5: They don't need it. They've got more oil than anyone, so they don't. This is all a facade so.
Speaker 6: They can get a nuclear weapon, and that is really their motive. And I know Israel knows this, and Trump knows it. And I'm sorry, but I think we should be prepared to just take them out because it's not going to be any different.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't believe a word the Iranian people one piece. But the Iranian people can't control their own government. There's no free elections. Although they have so called elections there, they're not free elections. Iranians are hurting under all these sanctions. And Iranian people want peace, and unfortunately they've had a government since nineteen seventy nine, it wants war. If they want war, Israel will give it to them and that's what has to happen.
Speaker 5: I couldn't agree with you.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, like Palestine, Hamas owns Palestine. I mean, it's just the same thing. These people are bent on destruction period.
Speaker 1: Killing and death, killing and death, and the Gazans, the Palestinians would love to have peace. In fact, when they protest against Tamas, the family is beheaded, the women are raped, the men are killed. Hamas kills Palestinians. Everything happening in the Gaza right now is occasion because of the behavior of a mass supported by Iran. But for Iran, Hamas could not exist. The head of the snake, that's exactly right.
Speaker 6: And if you don't take them out, and they're gonna take themselves out by continuing to go down this path of enriching uranium, it's the one purpose. And I can tell you when I met with the Israeli military, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: No, You're not going to happen.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 5: They know the end result. They can't.
Speaker 1: The end result is six million more dead Jews, six million more dead Jews. And then if and if Israel response, which I'm sure they will, and destroy most of Tehran and most of Iran in response. That's okay too, because the Iranian leadership believes that in death comes life, that by killing, life comes, and so they're not fearing a response because after all, they believe in death. They don't believe in life. It's a death cult. Well, you know death.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, it has to come before they attack Israel.
Speaker 5: Well they have to do it before.
Speaker 1: Bob, you and I make you think most of you think most of the world understands what you and I just discussed.
Speaker 6: Studied it. I studied nuclear weapony. I know how many people with a bowling ball size of uranium, how many it will kill with radiation sickness. I studied the whole thing, and I know it better than anybody. I wrote a book and a movie script about it because our government, even back then when Bush was president, did not do enough because of the bureaucracy. And unfortunately this has to be this story has to be told, so you're going to see. Unfortunately, I think you're going to see exactly the result. The Israeli has told me when I met with them, they're going to take Iran's nuclear capability away.
Speaker 1: I have to Bob, I wish it was different there's going to be innocent Iranians killed, just like there's innocent Gossin's killed because of a moss. The goals of a moss are the same as the goals of the Iranian leadership has blood, the same, bok are rama the same, the same stuff, And it's not it's not called to change.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right, And I don't care what spin you put on it, it's not going to change. They have an ideology that's going to eliminate the Jews and eliminate Israel, and we can't let it happen because we're next.
Speaker 5: They don't like us either. What do you think who's protesting in these colleges. It's them.
Speaker 1: It's funded and well funded protest. But it's an ideology that believes in death, not life, and given enough military power, they would they would destroy Europe, they would destroy the United States, they would destroy anything in their way because their culture is one of death not life. And almost every army wants to live, but the Iranian army that believes in this death called they want to die, and so why not arrange the meeting?
Speaker 6: That's that's exactly right. It's it's it's we've known this for a long time, but thank god we have a president that's going to address it, because you say, it's not even the president, it's the Democratic Party and it's everything that people are ignoring this threat and you can't ignore it anymore.
Speaker 1: Bob, just keep listening. This is going to happen in the next one to two months, and sadly a lot of people, innocent people is going to be killed. But the Iranian government's brought it on themselves. Let's continue with more forty nine minutes after the hour, Bill Cunningham with you Every Sunday Night by Billy Cunningham. My last caller had it exactly correct. I wish things were different. Innocent civilians are always killed in terrible wars brought about by their leaders, and the innocence of the children is lost, and the killing of civilians happen all the time in terrible wars. Make no mistake about this. Israel is in a fight for its life, it's survivability. If Israel was disarmed tonight, they would be over whelmed by Islamic extremists all over the Middle East. If the extremists were disarmed tonight, Hesbilahamas, Boko Haram, Taliban Iran. If that happened, there'd be peace. Israel wants peace, in Iran wants war. And that's why the trip by the President Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was so important to the Middle East to get on his side of the table. I'm sure in private meetings he told the leaders of those three Middle Eastern countries what the plans are, and those leaders gave Donald Trump the green light to do what must be done to disarm their enemy. Also is Iran. The only group hating Iran more militarily would be a Saudi Arabia, because Saudi Arabia has been bombed etc. By the Hoodies rebels in South Yem and armed by Iran. And so it's sad. It is sick. But the IDF can do it by itself with little or no American help, and they've been attacked repeatedly by Iran. It is time to respond, and sadly, the Iranian people may suffer in the process. If Hamas did not exist inside of Gaza after twenty five, when Israel withdrew, there'd be peace in the Middle East. There'd be functional farms and villages and factories. There'd be functional hospitals, and schools. Gaza would be functional, but Hamas cannot allow that they live by death. They live by some sort of code that says to get to heaven, you've got to kill a Jew, or kill an American, or kill a Westerner. They have attacked cities all over the world. In fact, since nineteen seventy nine, there's been a quarter of a million Islamic extremist attacks all over the world since nineteen seventy nine, with millions are killed. And somehow this philosophy is not taken hold yet of the Middle East under the leadership of Donald Trump, who stopped war between India and Pakistan, will bring peace to Ukraine and Russia and also bring peace to the Middle East. Donald should get the Nobel Peace Prize. Coming up, my first guest of the ninet is Jeff true Air on Townhall dot Com about making sure Trump gets the Nobel Peace Prize. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday.
Speaker 2: Night, Willie Brock You by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway in Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice Hotels dot com. Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best The recipient of not one but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast exodence The One and Only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, The Great American. Of course, the president trip to the Middle East is now complete, and the Peacemaker in chief has tried with the Ukrainian situation. That thing is ongoing. Of course, great inroads I think were made with Gaza, and what's going to happen with the hesblon Hamas and Iran Trump is unbelievable. Joining you and I now is Jeffrey krue Air. He's an author, radio talk show host, often appearing on townhall dot Com, one of my favorite websites, and I want to share with the American people. Two headlines from Jeff Crueir. One quote Trump deserves Nobel Prize as world's champion peacemaker. I'm not sure NBC News would ever call it that. Another one is Joe Biden the biggest cover up in American history about being mentally incompetent for at least two or three years as the president. And Joining you and I now is Jeffrey Crueer. In first, Jeff, how would you overall describe the conduction of American foreign policy under Donald Trump as opposed to the auto pen man Joe Biden.
Speaker 8: Well, it's like going from the little sisters of the poor to the Kansas City chiefs. I mean, we're getting the pros back in charge. We're getting America first, patriots taking command. I mean, what he has done, Bill is astounding. It's just incredible. He's putting American people first, he's cutting deals, he's putting commerce first. He's bringing prosperity all over the world. He's getting our hostages home.
Speaker 6: Bill, and he's.
Speaker 8: Trying to prevent war. Now, you know, Joe Biden didn't do anything in his four years to prevent war. We just had wars breakout throughout his entire administration. This president's got to clean up the Biden mess.
Speaker 4: He's doing a great job.
Speaker 8: On my website, I gave him an a plus for his first one hundred days.
Speaker 1: Still, and how about this. One of your great sentences is this incredibly Barack Obama was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize a few days after it was inauguration and actually received it. He was given the award for promising what he would achieve as president. He left office in twenty seventeen, the world much more dangerous than when he took office. The Nobel Committee loves Jimmy Carter and Barack Hussein Obama couldn't care less about Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump. So is the Nobel Peace Prize just a bit political?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Bill?
Speaker 8: In the column, I cited the fact that they gave the Nobel Peace Prize to the communist dictator Michael Gorbachev, when the man who brought down the Evil Empire, brought down the Iron Curtain, ended Communism, freed hundreds of millions from the Iron Group of Communism without firing a shot. Ronald Reagan, he got overlooked, and they gave the communist the Nobel Peace Prize. They've given North Vietnamese communists the Nobel Peace Prize. They gave the Acer airfet the Nobel Peace Prize. They gave out for the Nobel Peace Prize, they gave Jimmy Carter, they gave, of course, Barack Obama for doing nothing. Ronald Reagan got no prize. And Donald Trump, who engineered the Abraham Accords, brought economic relations between Cosova and Serbia, lessened attentions with North Korea, had summits with Kim Jung On. Remember Barack Obama told him that was the number one hot spot in the world. Donald Trump, but dealt with it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: He's bringing peace all over the world, trying to end wars that were started during Biyen's administration. He deserves the Nobeltree spot more than anybody else in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what about that war? What about that four million dollar gift to the Department of Defense? What about that? And what about the fact that Donald Trump Junior may make money in the Middle East? What about that? Is that important too?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 8: I don't like to have my president flying around in a forty year old plane. Boeing cannot deliver on the new Air Force one that should have been delivered already. We need to find the president a better plane in the interim. This is one that they're offering. I think, of course, once you get it retrofitted, once you get it checked out, sure, let's use it for the President of the United States. I want the President of the United States flying in a plane that we can trust. I don't want them up there in a plane that's forty years old. And you know, it just leads to a lot of questions about Boeing. I mean, what in the world has Boeing been doing for all these years, Bill Cunningham. They've been, you know, not delivering on the promises they made. And that's a big problem.
Speaker 1: Just in the last several days, the Donald's brought back to America trillions of dollars in economic development from a part of the world which has been shall we say cold or cool toward the United States. He now has Saudi Arabia, UAE, Dubai, et cetera working with him to take down the so called caliphate in Iran. He's got them talking the language back and forth. Syria, he meets with a Syrian presidentident who was a member of al Qaeda killing Americans. He meets with a Syrian president. So now he's reshaping, reordering the entire Middle East. And this is a real estate developer. And I watch MSNBC, so you don't have to, but I'm watching MSNBC and the whole world is incomplete collapse because of Donald Trump. Will talk to India versus Pakistan, how's that deal looking? The Pakistani president gave Donald Trump complete credit as the peacemaker for calming down the difficulties which are profound between India and Pakistan, and the Chinese situation is working out with tariffs everywhere. I look. This is unbelievable. Imagine and Joe Biden when he met with the leader Mohammed Binsaman wouldn't touch Joe Biden. They had to do a rock greeting and there was nothing out of that complete. Can you imagine Kamala Harris cackling in Saudi Arabia with any of this been going on, And I'm thinking this guy as unbelievable.
Speaker 8: He received a heroes welcome in all three of those countries. They treated him like gold. They respect him, they respect the United States. We're getting trillions of dollars in deals. The tariffs are working out perfectly, the economy is doing well, inflation is going down. The left have to find new things to complain about Bill. I've just been astounded by what he has done in this first you know, and one hundred and fifteen days or so. Let me say this, as far as these conflicts, I like the fact that he's going around, they're talking to Hamas, they're negotiating with Iran. You got the who he's now saying, they're not going to be attacking ships anymore because we pounded them for fifty two plus days in a row. He's reshaping everything, and at the same time he's still a friend to Israel. The same time, he's still trying to bring a bit out the end of the Ukrainian War. So he's got a lot of things going on. But he's a guy who is working twenty four to seven. On the other hand, Joe Biden, he slept his way through the presidency. He had an auto pen presidency. We don't even know who was in charge. There's no doubt who's in charge. Bill, It's Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: A couple of sentences from your column, Jeff Crueir. Reagan secured massive arms controlled deals with the Soviet Union, reduced greatly the fears of a nuclear war. His massive investments in our military bankrupted the Soviet Union, causing its collapse without firing a shot. Ronald Reagan and ath Eevil Empire freed millions of people in Eastern Europe from the clutches of communism. Reagan's policies brought down the Iron Curtain in the Berlin Wall, and the Nobel Peace Prize was given to Mikhail Gorbachev and also to lay Dac toe, and of course yes, you're aer fat and now here. I'm looking at this and I'm going, well, maybe there's a left maybe maybe there's a left wing bias, and you end up what Trump has done in his first four or five months in office, that this is the greatest four or five months in office of any American president, including FDR in nineteen thirty three, whose policies deepened, deepened the depression. He took a recession and made it a depression. And I'm looking at this and it's it's like I live in some alternative universe. MSNBC, the Nightly News, they don't lead with the fact that Ronald that the Ronald Reagan of today, who is of course Donald Trump. Brokeer to peace deal between India and Pakistan so they did not exchange nuclear weapons. He's meeting with the Syrian president as a buffer against Iran. He is Iran on its back, ready to accept the inspection by the IAEA. He has HESBA law right now in Lebanon, completely neutered. He's got Hamas and guys are freeing American prisoners. And on top of that, the trillions of dollars coming into this country. I watched this morning, some of the morning talk shows, and the whole world is in com plick collapse, and I'm thinking, do I live in some alternative universe?
Speaker 8: You know, you live in the United States of America, led by a truly great president. And what's also awesome Bill is that he surrounded himself with a really good team. I trust Marco Rubio, I trust jd Vance. That's the one big improvement that I see over Trump one is he's got a team around him that believes in his mission, believes in his agenda. They're capable, they're competent, they're working with him. So that's why I think he's been so successful, not just what he's done, but what his team has been able to do. So it is a rock star start. But then, you know, we have the critics, We have the Bruce Springsteens of the world. You know, we've got the MSNBC's of the world. The left, you know, fixated on this plane. I mean, they don't see the trillions of dollars coming in, they don't see the piece that is breaking out over where. I mean, he is definitely changing. This entire dynamic that we have with the Middle East is it is a tremendous step forward economically. I mean, we're going to bring prosperity to their region, to our country. I mean it is exciting, it really is. And you know, I credit him for his vision. He's just got tremendous vision. To see all this bill.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that has come out from the Department of Labor there was four hundred thousand American jobs supposedly created leading up to the twenty twenty four election, that we're all fraudulent. We now have the emails back and forth with Pfizer and the government indicating that did not want the results of the COVID COVID vaccines to come out before the election because it was banned for Joe Biden. You have another great column up about Joe Biden, the biggest cover up in American history. And now because of Jake Tapper, who by the way, covered the mental decline of Joe Biden like it was the Martians landing, Joe, CNN said what are you talking about? And then he got Joe Scarborough in March of twenty twenty four saying, listen up, record this, play it back to me. This is the sharpest Joe Biden that has ever existed. This guy is unbelievable. He does a Rubik's cube in about nine seconds. This guy can sprint the one hundred meter dash in ten point one seconds. This guy can do i amic pentameters backwards. He speaks five different languages. Joe Biden is just as sharp as can be. And now we have the truth coming out from Jake Tapper and others explain how this is somewhat somewhat unusual.
Speaker 8: You know, he's so sharp, Bill, he can't even get off of the stage.
Speaker 4: I mean, where am I?
Speaker 8: He's so sharp. He can't even stay on a bike. He can't even walk up air Force one stairs. He's got to use the baby stairs. No, the biggest cover up in American history. Everyone knew that this guy was mentally incompetent, but the media covered it up and the Biden administration covered it up. I mean, I think they were trying to somehow get him through the election. They were going to try to see if they could get him in there for a second term, and then supposedly they were going to put him in a wheelchair and again turn him into SDR. I don't know. I mean, it's just insane. So we really are so fortunate and blessed that we didn't have Kamala Harris and you know, this whole Democrat machine again in there. I mean, what damage they've done. Twelve out of the last sixteen years, we've had Democrat leadership Obama and Biden, and there's so much that needs to be you know, taking care of because of the mess that they made. And I want to see Republicans doing hearings on this Biden cover up. I want to see Republicans getting to the bottom of the lives that we were fed for all these years about Biden. I want to see his doctor. I want to see his doctor up there giving testimony about why he wasn't given a cognitive test. I mean, in February of twenty twenty four, they did not give him a cognitive test. That's their eliction of duty. I mean, it's just incredible. President Trump just took a full physical cognitive test, and of course he passed with flying colors, and he announced it to the world and presented the results to the world, and everything under Joe Biden was just a cover up, was a lie. And of course the results were so damaging our years of incredible damage.
Speaker 1: It was awful, and then we finally cackling. Kamalo would have been incredible. And I think Biden's doctor said at one point that Joe Biden could beat Spock in a game with three dimensional blindfolded chess, and I'm thinking, Mike Spok he could beat Spock in chess and do a Rubik's cube in nine seconds. Joe Starry, this is as sharp as he's ever been. Run the tape.
Speaker 8: Here's the reality. He didn't even know who he didn't know who his cabinet members were. He had a hard time remembering the name of Jake Sullivan, that was his National Security advisor.
Speaker 1: He called him Steve.
Speaker 8: He did not know who his Defense secretary was. He could not name Lloyd Austin. They were several times at events where you know, he called him the big.
Speaker 1: Guy, or how about the black guy or the black guy I managed the Republican president calling his like colin power. Remember he's the black guy. What's your name? And that's the Department of Defense who's been there for four years now. Lastly, you've got a great part of your colin at townhall dot com about George Clooney, who, by the way of courses from Cincinnati. Everything in the world resolves around Cincinnati. But George Clooney had a big fundraiser for him, I guess in May or June of twenty twenty four, in which they raised twenty five million dollars. All the Hollywood big wigs were there, you know, the common men represented all the big wigs. And George Clooney has turned out to be a hero, except right now he's ignored by the radical left. He told the truth, explained George Clooney's involvement in getting rid of Joe Biden.
Speaker 8: I think it was the key because you Clooney wrote a column it was in the New York Times calling for Biden to step aside, say that he noticed at the fundraiser that he had for Biden that Biden was someone that looked like he was mentally incomfident. He was worried. He saw a big change in Joe Biden. And of course all those are lies, because Biden was like that the entire term. What I think George Clooney got upset about is that Joe Biden didn't recognize George Clooney. From what I'm being told, he didn't know who George Clooney was so that got George Clooney upset, and he's like, all right, I'll write a column now that I think was actually written by Barack Obama.
Speaker 1: Now Obama and the King, Jeffries and Schumer and Pelosi, they were the lynch mob to pull him out of office, but none of them went their fingerprints on the deal. And I love now being asked about all these books coming out about how competent R is a InCom and all saying, what are you talking about? We're talking about the future. They don't even answer a question about it. We're moving on. Ignore the fact that we had an incompetent present with terrible results and almost elected a cackling Kamala Harris Well, Jeff Carere, we got to run. But your stuff is wonderful at town hall dot com. Joe Biden, the biggest carve up in American history and the most recent one involves Trump deserving Nobel prizes World's Greatest Peacemaker. And Jeff Crueir, you're a great American once again, thanks for coming on the Bill cunning Emagon. You know the black guy who's that black guy over my defense secretary? The black guy, Yeah, yeah, yeah, raise your hand.
Speaker 8: Unbelievable, and he was president. Bill, that's the incredible thing.
Speaker 1: Two am telephone call, you're gonna two o'clock. He's asleep at six pm. He's got the blue plate special from the cafeteria. But all right, Jeff Career, you're the best. Thanks for coming, Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Jeff you Bill. Let's continue. His stuff is wonderful. It's at Townhall dot com. Jeff crue Air from New Orleans, which again is a great, great American run city by the Democrats, wonderful place. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham live with you every Sunday night. Now, Billy Cunningham is always good to hear from. Jeff crue Air. Had those inmates break out of prison, like ten to twelve murderers, I think two or three have been found. New Orleans, great city. Sixty minutes this morning, did a special on it. I think is wonderful. I've been there several times. In fact, when I got one of my Marconi's it was in New Orleans and the People's Judge and I my wife went down there for a weekend at a fabulous time. But nonetheless, once again I want to note that no one here wishes anything but good health and good luck to President Joe Biden in this diagnosis of stage four of prostate cancer. On a scale of Gleason scale of one to ten, he's out of nine. It spread past the prostate, according to news releases. And I wouldn't wish that on my even my political enemies, because life is more important than politics. So I wish him nothing but the best as we go forward, coming up next to Steve Cortez, a Catholic vote, and Steve Cortes has been on CNN many of the outlets for a long time about the papal mass today with Pope Leo the fourteenth, et cetera. And later on, of course, is Congress from Warren Davidson. As you may know, the House is ten o'clock session tonight, going nuts trying to get the big beautiful Bill over the finish line. I got my profound doubts, and I'm going to talk to a real live Congressman about what's happening in the Congress. As we speak, into the promises that we're made, the line becomes available eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven Bill Cunningham to Great America. With you at all Great Americans every Sunday Night, Billy Cunningham to Great American. Steve Cortes is the president of the League of American Workers and senior political advisor to Catholic Vote. Joining you and I now and once again, Steve Cortes, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Just in a general way. When Leo was selected, I thought it was fabulous, But then there's lots of negative stuff coming out, which I think is a bunch of bs. Give the guy a break. I love the fact he's an American. I love the fact he's a White Sox fan, which he knows what losing is all about. I looked at twenty oh five when the White Sox are in the World Series and there's a there's a much younger Catholic priest they just happened to have an out q of and that's Leo the fourteenth. And it's unbelievable that we have this guy at this point. But there's an intersection of Catholic social teaching and economic challenges that I hope this pope understands. Tell the American people that juxtaposition.
Speaker 4: You bet and I'm listen.
Speaker 9: I'm very confident he does understand it, given his name and his own explanation for choosing that name. But yeah, first, let me just tell you so, I grew up right near the Pope. Now I'm sixteen years younger than him, so we didn't we didn't, you know, overlap it all. But I was at that same World Series game. There's been the game one in two thousand and five. I wasn't on camera, but I was there, unlike the Pope, but kind of fun just to think you were in the stadium, you know.
Speaker 4: At this momentous game the Pope, with the Pope and he. There's also been for a lot of people who are from the South Side of Chicago, like he and I are.
Speaker 9: There's a very famous pizza place called Aurelios, which I was basically raised on, and there was he was just recently a year ago back there visiting and sure enough went to Aurelios, which also speaks highly of his taste and his character. So but even more importantly than Chicago pizza. When he chose the name Leo, first, of course, I was excited a Chicago w as a sicaro guy, very excited as an American a big deal for this country, of course. But then when I heard Leo, I said, huh, because Leo the thirteenth, Okay, his predecessor by name over one hundred years ago. But his predecessor by name, I thought, people names typically mean something, right there, There's often is a lot of like for example, picking pious. Generally, pulp pious has had been very traditional, very conservative, sort of in church terms.
Speaker 4: But picking Leo, I said, I wonder if this is a nod to.
Speaker 9: Leela thirteenth, And so I started and Rare novarum specifically, which I believe is really a theological explanation of populist economics. So I started writing up this op ed before he had even commented on his own name. Sure enough, before I submitted it. Thankfully, he clarified that was absolutely why he.
Speaker 4: Chose the name Leo.
Speaker 9: Was Rarem novarum, which means of new things, was written in the eighteen nineties of papal in cyclical and for the non.
Speaker 4: Catholics out there, and it'sypical.
Speaker 9: It isn't just the pope musing Okay, that's something serious, and it has the power of the papacy. And so for Catholics. We take that unbelievably seriously. It means real Catholic thinking. They don't come out very often.
Speaker 4: Because they're very scholarly, often complex works.
Speaker 9: They're sometimes not that easy to read, quite frankly, because they're so intellectual.
Speaker 4: This one is I could encourage people to read.
Speaker 9: It's not that long, and you will see he's talking about the industrial revolution at that time and what it means for the morality and ethics.
Speaker 4: Of economic policy.
Speaker 9: And he does really two things that might appear to be intention but I don't think they are. But the first is he completely dismisses and rejects socialism, because socialism was getting very pervasive across Europe at that point, not really yet here, but a little bit. And he totally rejects socialism for its atheism, for its dehumanizing effect upon people. But at the same time he also doesn't want raw commercialism, and he thinks that crony capitalism of dismisses workers and that elevates only capital in terms of public policy decisions and not the success of masses of workers is also wrong. And he calls for a very different kind of economic theory of distributism and subsidiarity where decisions are made at the lowest levels possible and you avoid a massive concentration of economic power. When I read rerem Novarum, it really is a churchman to me talking a lot like Donald Trump talks about the economy, about a pro worker economy that protects workers in every way.
Speaker 4: So that makes me very happy. Listen, the Pope has.
Speaker 9: Said some worries, some things politically for sure for people, like being on the right, especially regarding immigration, especially regarding climate. But the fact that he chose this name, which is so important, and the fact that really his first addresses of Pope was to explain why he chose a name because of Rero Obar, and he specifically sites that were in another industrial revolution, this one being.
Speaker 4: Digital, you know, with AI and automation and so forth.
Speaker 9: It tells me that actually he and the America First movement in the United States are way more closely aligned than people might think, especially on this key key topic of the economy.
Speaker 1: And you know, Steve Cortes, we practicing Roman Catholics often we're not real happy with Francis and the media never allowed those criticisms to percolate to the top. He came out of an orientation out of Argentina that was certainly socialistic. There was military pressures in Argentina, and Francis, God bless his soul, was not as good on doctrine, not as good on some of the current issues as we would like him to be, and so the media played up quite a bit the comments he had a JD. Vance two or three months ago cardinal at that point not quite the Pope fourteenth said that you don't rank love for various kinds of individuals. That's in relationship to illegal immigration, and what jade Vance has said, You don't like someone knock on your door, open the door and come in with into your home without knowing who they are, what's their purpose in being there? Are they going to cause danger? And did the media overplay? And I also watched some of the some of the evening talk shows talk about JD. Vance killed the Pope not being Francis, which is ridiculous, but nonetheless, address yourself to the criticisms the Pope gave the JD Vance, who's gonna of course, practicing a Roman Catholic, he went through the process of my home parish at Saint Gertrude's and Cincinnati. He converted in twenty nineteen. Jade Vance did, and of course I know him personally. I love that guy. But what about the criticisms of the Pope about JD. Evans.
Speaker 10: Well, let me just first say so, I spent a lot.
Speaker 4: Of twenty twenty two in your state working for JD.
Speaker 9: Vance in his Senate race, and really got to know the state well, the wonderful people and him, and I can certainly tell you far away from cameras and microphones, he's the most principal man that I have met in politics, and a big part of that is his commitment to his Catholicism. He really takes it seriously with the zeal of a convert, and it's one of the reasons that I so admire him. Now politically, did he and Francis have differences? Of course, I also think it's a real gift regarding him seeing Francis. Wasn't that wonderful that he was probably one of the last people to see him alive. What a gift to America, right that our vice president got to go there. So that's the way I see it, not that not convoluted rumors and so forth. But regarding this the new pot Pobolio. Listen, Yes he was critical, publicly critical in some tweets, which I bet he regressed setting.
Speaker 4: Now who knows about JD vance.
Speaker 9: But you know, I want to focus on this again, the prudential judgment on tactics that belongs in the secular realm of elected politicians here in the United States. What kind of principles they bring to that, to that agenda, and to that job, right, that incredible job of leadership. Those principles, though, absolutely should flow from your faith, from your worldview, and your worldview is formed more than anything if you're a believer in Christianity, is for more than anything, by Jesus Christ, the Bible and the teachings of the Church. And so you bring those principles then into practice. But again, the specifics of the practice is not where Pope Francis or even.
Speaker 4: Pope Leo belongs.
Speaker 9: Giving advice that should be taken beyond that of just a person, right, a very smart person, to be sure, But he's not then teaching with the authority of the church.
Speaker 4: He gets into those kinds of tactics.
Speaker 9: So will there be disagreements, Yes, you know, I mentioned too climate and immigration. I think are probably where the Vatican and the American First Movement are furthest apart, but on the economy, right, which is for most people the number one issue, right most people in the world, serving most Americans. On that key, key issue, I think we're actually totally in alignment. Even if we don't use exactly the same terms, We're after the same goals. We're guided by the same price that I'm telling you Rerem novaram you know which Again he cited.
Speaker 4: As the as the reason for his name.
Speaker 9: Popello fourteenth Rerem Novarum is practically a primer for America First economics, even though.
Speaker 4: It was written one hundred and thirty five years ago.
Speaker 1: So he understands the rising tide lifts all boats, the way to make money's available to the poor, homelessness, the way to take care of hunger. The way to handle all these issues is to have any economy that supports throws off enough money to provide for the least among us, and to have any economy that's almost collapsing. I look at the major blue cities and blue states in this country. Those economies were almost collapsing because of the politics infecting capitalism. But he sees America as a benefit. Some have said, why doesn't he come here quickly? I don't think you'll be here for three to five years. He can't be perceived as being an American sadly because in Europe, which is very socialistic, that they were a little bit antagonistic at this point. A couple issues on your website, Well, one is dealing with about the attacks on Catholic churches and pregnancy centers and pro life groups that would never be agreeable if it happened on the other side. And what's happening to the attack on pregnancy life centers and pro life groups that will change under Donald Trump and Jade Vans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 9: Federal law enforcement has taken it incredibly seriously, and we're already seeing that just a few months into this administration. So that's for certain that will happen. But no, this is tragic, and I really commend Catholic Vote, who's been tracking this for quite a while, basically since the riots of the summer of twenty twenty, which is when this unfortunate trend accelerated with attacks on Christian sites, whether it's Catholic churches, pro life pregnancy centers, other Christian churches. They've been documenting the attacks on Catholic institutions and sadly we've reached five hundred, five hundred attacks. And some of these are very serious, right, some are still serious but less so graffiti that sort of things, but some of them, you know, are actual break in is much more violent at times, hurt actual people, not as property. It's a really, really unfortunate trend and gets almost zero attention to the corporate media. Thank you for bringing it up, and thankfully Catholic Vote is tracking.
Speaker 4: All of these.
Speaker 9: You can go to the website and see every instant it is cited.
Speaker 4: None of this is hyperbole.
Speaker 9: We are we are tracking this and we hit a sad milestone, which you know, we kind of knew we were going to get to that roughly around the time of the new Pope. And but regarding law enforcement here in the United States, listen, I believe that people like Cash Betel and Dan Bongino now at FBI, Pam Bondi at DOJ, overseeing the entire federal legal apparatus, they take this extremely seriously and specifically for Catholics. I would say the Trump administration in the first term, and even more so I think in this term has a lot of Catholics in really prevalent positions. And so that doesn't mean that we're gonna get special treatment. But I will tell you this, Catholic concerns will not be dismissed. Right and Catholin's Church is getting an attack. It's something that Donald Trump cares about. He's somebody who's not calling himself but loves the church. Came to the Al Smith dinner for example, when Commas there skipped it, which I think was one of the worst political mistakes of her of her campaign. So this stuff, you know, he's very close with Cardinal Dolan. This stuff matters to him and matters his administration. And of course we don't want lawlessness against any institution, particularly religious ones. I wouldn't care if they were hint to him. Course we should all decry it and work to stop it. But it's it's clear that there's a targeting here of Christianity, and and really within Christianity, of Catholicism in particular.
Speaker 1: Steve Cortes, Catholic Vote dot Org, et cetera. As far as the prognostications, I want to over again, who was going to be the new Pope, and of course it was Leo the fourteenth privost. It wasn't perceived to be as in the front of pact because he was an American and now here he's the least American cardinal. In other words, he's the least he's the most acceptable American cardinal because the fact he's an American as a negative explain that dynamic around the world. How not to be an American is a positive?
Speaker 9: Right, Well, first of all, I don't believe that that he's not American. Again, if you're pretty American, I think if you're a white size stand who goes to the World Series in the South Side in two thousand and five, I mean that tells me just culturally, if you eat pizza Aurelios as I said, which is a legendary South Side Chicago pizza place, I mean that tells me you're pretty dang American. Even though he has spent three decades mostly in South America, right as a missionary, that's something that should be commended.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean you lose your americanness or your heritage.
Speaker 9: And where he grew up in Dalton, Illinois, when he was a boy there again, I knows there's super well from there myself was really kind of almost just an idyllic, middle class suburban life.
Speaker 4: It's unfortunately changed for the worst since then, but.
Speaker 9: At that time, when he was young, it was heavenly Catholic, very ethnic, and just kind of one of these wonderful middle class neighborhoods with picket fences and you know, where family could thrive on a single income. That that's his childhood. So I think he's thoroughly American. But to answer your question regarding yes, is there anti Americanism particularly among elite Europeans. Absolutely, and even within the church, Yes, there is absolutely. I think also the Italian cardinals quite frankly, and they're the biggest voting block.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 9: They now haven't had an Italian pope in a while, right since the nineteen seventies, and I think some of them were saying, isn't it maybe time.
Speaker 1: For an Italian again?
Speaker 9: After I guess it was about four hundred and fifty years prior to John Paul the Second then you know, no Italian since, so it was there some anti Americans and probably that's you know, look, they are human beings, even though we hope they're got about the Holy Spirit and believe they are. But in the end, yeah, I think that the fact that he's an American is probably a plus. And just to be very practical about this, and I don't think this is crass to point out most of the Vatican budget comes.
Speaker 4: From American donors. We are way more generous than European Catholics.
Speaker 9: A lot of the rest of the Catholic world frankly doesn't have a lot of money to give, so it really is financed by American donors. So I think that probably was at least part of the text here in choosing him. But in addition to being an American, of course he's got the Latin American experience, understands the Third World. And then by the way it transferred to headquarters and working as the head of bishops in the Vatican, where I'm sure a lot of the Italians didn't get to know him and respect him. And you know, it didn't take very long. So that tells me it wasn't too much of a fight, right, because this happened on day two, so it seems like pretty quickly people call us behind him. I mean, of course we're not supposed to know all of the details you read leaks, you don't know if they're valid or not.
Speaker 4: But I think what we can reasonably determine is this wasn't.
Speaker 9: A knockdown, drag out fight because they got to a decision pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Well with the last few popes have been from Poland and Germany and Argentina now Peru. I think Leo's got a twenty five year run, which are well over a half a century, quite unusual. Lastly, on the immigration issue, which is extremely popular. What Trump is doing, despite the predilections of the mainstream media is extremely popular. Is that going to be the main rub? Because Catholic teaching is welcome the stranger, open up the borders. Of course, the Vatican itself have walls that are like twelve feet thick. That's a different issue. But nonetheless, is that going to be the major rub?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 9: My guess is yes. I think Here's again. I think they're actually super aligned. On the economy. I'm hoping that a lot more people in the Vatican are waking up to the climate scam, to the climate hysteria, So I don't see those as flash points. To me, it probably will be migration and look I think actually that that being tough on borders, insisting on law and order is actually very consistent with Catholic doctrine. But there are some folks, even in the hierarchy who clearly would not agree with me at that point.
Speaker 4: So we may have to agree to disagree on those points.
Speaker 9: But you're like I, For example, I just posted today on my social media and interview I did forty minutes of a cop, former Phoenix cop, talking about the cartels, the Mexican cartels activities in Arizona in the United States, how violent they are, how vicious they are inside of the United States.
Speaker 4: That's because of an open border. And there's nothing merciful about that.
Speaker 9: There's nothing merciful about allowing criminal organizations to own a border region and to then infiltrate into our country. And so I would challenge any any churchman I would I would challenge any you know.
Speaker 4: Pro open borders or propoor as borders.
Speaker 9: Catholic explain to me how that is just and moral in Christian I don't think it is at all. I think law and order actually and protecting the weak and protecting your country. You know, we lock our doors at night in our homes not because we hate those on the outside, but because we love those on the inside. And I think the same goes for your home as for a cause country. And we have every rights, I believe, every obligation as a matter of fact, to effectively lock our doors to protect ourselves from preventable dangers. And I think not only is that just practical imprudence, but I think it's actually totally consistent with Christianity and Catholicism.
Speaker 1: In my view, that capitalism is the cure for climate difficulties, not the cause. And right now we have the cleanest dai, the cleanest water, and let's keep doing it. Once again, Steve Cortes, good to helk up with you again Catholic vote dot org. All the issues are there, including what's happening with transitioning gender transition, which has completely been debunked by every independent study. But however, the media won't let go of the fact that boys can be girls and girls gonna be boys. I thought science was real. I thought biology was a fact. Maybe it isn't, but I got to run Steve Cortes once again, Katholic vote dot org. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having a lot.
Speaker 1: Of good stuff there, Steve, Thank you so much. Thank you. Let's continue. Let's continue with more and if a line becomes available, you know the routine. But for the last couple of three years, I've lost track of Stephen Cortez. I'm glad I hooked up with him again. Let's continue with more. Bill cunning In The Great American Live with you every Sunday Night by Bully cunning in the Great American. Once again, we wish good health the ex President Joe Biden as he fights prize day cancer stage four. That's fantastasized, and that's always a bad situation. We wish him and the family chemically, medically, nothing but the best going forward. Coming up next is a real life congressman about what's happening in the so called House Budget Committee tonight and later on Wednesday. It's supposed to be reported out on the Rules Committee. Then away we go. Bill cunning and the Great American with you and all Great Americans every Sunday night.
Speaker 4: Willie.
Speaker 2: Welcome you. By Choice Hotels, Acono Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice hotels dot com. Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast excellence.
Speaker 4: The one and Only Bill Cunninghead.
Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the Grand America. Of course, we offer symplevation to the Biden family for the announced that he's contracted stage four Price day cancer, which is a UH, which is difficult diagnosis in your eighties. I can't imagine why. I like to know politically and culturally and also medically what's happened the past several years. Most of us older guys tend to have these exams on a regular basis, so maybe it was missed, maybe it wasn't missed, but it's a caution to us all to make sure we have PSA's done and also drees which are uncomfortable digital rectal exams, and have other blood tests done. I would assume that ex President Joe Biden had that done with without depicting it until recently, and we'll see what happens down the road. But joining us now is Warren Davidson, Congressman, one of the leaders of the UH of the House of Representatives and Congressman Davidson welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And I first, I'm sure you joined me in offering help and sympathies to the a Biden family for this diagnosis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's wonderful to join you, Bill, And it is tragic to hear about Joe Biden anyone stage or cancer. That's a tough diagnosis at any age. And certainly, you know, just knowing, you know, Joe Biden didn't seem to be in great health as he was president, and frankly as he was in his waning days as president. And this is obviously tough news for even a guy that I didn't particularly care for. I certainly wouldn't want hi to stuff not like that.
Speaker 1: No, politics is one thing, health is another. And hope he lives a long and productive life and post presidency. In fact, I wish he never had become the president, but that's a different issue. But I wish him and his family well in the future. But nonetheless, there's a sense now that the Budget Committee is going to pass out and the legislation onto the Rules Committee, which is going to happen on Wednesday. I could ask you what took so long? There were four or five originally voted no, now that I understand, the vote's going to be yes. But the big thing is going to be the Rules Committee on Wednesday, and then the House will vote I guess later on in the month of May. Because you're looking looking forward to Memorial Day. Can you tell us you don't know yet how you're going to vote. I would assume because you have to see the final package. But one thing that's upset many real conservatives is borrowing another four trillion dollars. Moody's just downgraded on Friday. The US dead again after downgrading, and I think in twenty eleven it went down again. That's a bad sign. And the four trillion dollars of new money being borrowed, isn't. That's a tough pill for many to swallow, including Representative Roy in Texas. But nonetheless, do you have confidence that sometime later this month, the big beautiful bill is going to pass or not?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean, great questions. It's been top of mind for a long time.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: When I was home over Easter break, everyone was like, yeah, well, it's good to see you, but where's the bill?
Speaker 10: Yeah. People have been waiting for this thing.
Speaker 7: It's been promised because you put so much of the president's agenda into this one big bill. I will say Friday, I was thanking the four guys who voted no, because it really does need to get better. I mean, you wonder like, well, why would you guys need to raise the debt ceiling? Well, if you cut taxes and increase spending, well you're gonna have to raise the debt ceiling because it seems like really basic math, right, you got less revenue and you get more spending.
Speaker 10: Of course there's gonna be debt. And that's basically what the Big Bill did on Friday.
Speaker 7: When they were looking at it on Friday, it said, well, we're gonna cut taxes. We're gonna do that right away, and then we're gonna get around to cutting spending. Well, like, how far out are you gonna cut spending? Well, like, the future congresses are gonna cut spending. But see what we're gonna do is we're gonna spend a little more. And you're like, well, I mean it's better to promise that some future congress is gonna cut spending than not to. But frankly, we can't even guarantee who's going to be in a future congress. Let alone that they're going to follow through and deliver the actual cuts. What we can control is what we're voting on right now. And so you know, my understan is that there's been enough commitments made that it is going to wind up in a better place, you know, but by the time it goes to Rules Committee on Wednesday.
Speaker 10: And so my hope is it's something I can vote for.
Speaker 7: But if it's if who thinks that the President promised to deliver more spending?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think the whole point of Doge is we're going to cut spending. So I think that's the question is if this isn't all the cuts, where are the cuts? And that's a question I think not just members of Congress one answered, our constituents one answered. And they're going to be mad at us if we vote for it, if they don't get good answers. They want less government.
Speaker 1: And if we had the same level of federal spending as in the year of twenty twenty, now, twenty twenty wasn't exactly the dark Ages. If we have the same federal spending as we had in twenty twenty, we'd have a balanced budget right now. But the explosion have a surplus. Yeah, we'd have a surplus. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 7: Well, look, prior to COVID, you know, we were spending the year prior to COVID, we spend like four point six four point eight trillion dollars right Well, right now we have over five trillion in revenue. It wasn't like we had a small government back then. But what's happened is they've loaded not not just like the one time spending on COVID, but structurally just higher levels on everything that have increased. And you know, a lot of this came through with the you know Biden Plan. They put all these reforms in that grew spending and accelerated the growth rate, and all that government money going into the economy, it helped drive inflation. And when you spend more money than you have and you pour it into the economy, it causes inflation. And that is is a tax. You think about your value of your house. If you own a house, think of the value of your house. And if you don't own one, in your renting you can think, well my rent went up by this much. I know the value of the property I'm saying, and surely went up too. Well, think if Congress passed a tax of that kind of price, or your food when you go out, or you think five dollars foot longs are like twelve dollars right now. I think if we put a five dollars tax on foot longs that subway, people would be like, you guys, got to go. But that's what happens with inflation. You spend too much money, it's effectively a tax. It shows up somewhere.
Speaker 2: We're going to have.
Speaker 1: The only remedy for that is to spend less money. Well, well, you know, kind of a numbers guy. Twenty twenty, we spent about four point seven trillion. Today we're bringing in a little over five trillion dollars. And I guess it's impossible to go back to twenty twenty spending levels or twenty twenty one. You can't go back. The more money you spend, it's never cut. And I think I related this to you before, Congressman Warren Davidson, that I have a sense that the constituency groups around more government spending are so strong that it is difficult for anyone to not cut the rate of the increase, but actually to hold the budget to where it is, or God forbid cut spending. There's too many constituency groups ready to cry foul, and the media trumpet their cause that it can't be done. And I'm a little bit I want's a disappointed with Elon Musk, and it has only been I guess four months, but nonetheless he's kind of fading away. The one trillion dollars, the two trillion dollars in cuts over ten years seemingly is down to about one hundred and seventy five billion, which is fine. It's pennies on the dollar. It's better than nothing. But I don't see a significant cut to federal spending, not the rate of growth of federal spending, but an idea that, Okay, we spent this much money in the year twenty twenty one, and we have revenues today to equal that spending. Why can't you say, okay, in twenty twenty five, twenty twenty six, we're going to bring it over five trillion dollars. That is the level of federal spending, which is similar to twenty twenty one or twenty twenty two. Why can't Congress do that?
Speaker 7: You know, this is exactly the thing that people don't understand because they would do this in their own household. I mean, if you think, like, would it be possible to live on five percent less, most people would say yes. Most people would say, well, it'd be tough, but I could do ten percent. But they could look at the government and say, well, probably needs to be shrunk by at least twenty percent. You know, probably at least twenty percent. And that's what I did a sort of social media somewhat unscientific poll, but hey, the people that follow Warren Davidson on X at Warren Davidson.
Speaker 10: They'll follow it out there and say, hey, here's what we think.
Speaker 7: And overwhelmingly people thought, well, the government should shrink by twenty percent. The next biggest block was ten percent, and the next blocks was plus five. Almost everyone knows it needs to shrink some but I guess there's people that, you know, everybody left the center wants more government. But if you look, the most aggressive plan that the House has proposed doesn't even cut spending by two percent. And the reality is this big bill that we're voting on supposedly this week, unless they improve it, doesn't actually cut spending. This Congress doesn't cut it at all. It actually grows spending this Congress until well until twenty twenty nine, and in twenty twenty nine, and it starts to go down, which is after Trump's president. It's not even in this Congress, it's not even in this presidency. It's out in some future congress and future presidency. So again, those are hollow promises. You know, I hope future congresses, you know, you do that. But the way to do that is you set the example and we spend less money and you hope it catches on in future congresses. Go oh, you know, those guys campaigned on less spending and then they went and did it, and people liked it, so they elected them. I fear what's going to happen is we campaigned on less spending, we launched those everybody finds out you've been spending my money on what, and then you don't do it, and they're going to be why would I vote for you, clowns. You're not doing any of this stuff, even like work requirements. You know, that was bipartisan back when Bill Clinton was president. Barack Obama and crew turned it off in O eight oh nine. We haven't been able to turn it back on. And look everybody I know would help a friend in need, but you wouldn't say if you were open a friend of kneed out right now that well, look, as long as you get a job by twenty twenty nine, I'm going to keep helping you. No one's that generous, right, you'd be like, hey man, you're going to get a job, right, I mean, I'll help you for a little bit. But if you're an able bodied adult, you don't have depend on kids at home. People are going to expect you to work, and they should. And that kind of an expectation doesn't affect working poor, it doesn't affect people with disabilities or anything else. We're not talking about taking stuff away from you know, kids on you know, food stamps. We're talking about a able bodied adults with no kids at home. And they don't want to turn that on until twenty twenty nine?
Speaker 10: Are you kidding me? And they got to fix that in the bill.
Speaker 1: Well what chance do we have. I mean, we did this and all the dough stuff with the chainsaws etcent. I thought, okay, we're going to have a five hundred billion to a one trillion dollar cut. I watched the GAO in the Congress say every year there's between three hundred and five hundred billion dollars in waste, fraud, and abuse. We know it's there, we can't find it. And now we have Donald Trump saying the same thing as conservatives like you and the Congress, but we can't do it. In fact, you're gonna get no votes in the Senate for any of this. Democrats are like a pack. They're like a pack of dogs. They followed the leader. Cats tend to roam everywhere. That's what's happening. And so if we don't do it now with this president and this Congress, when will it ever happen?
Speaker 7: Well, supposedly in twenty twenty nine, twenty miles gonna take I don't believe that that's the magic according to the bill, And you're right to be skeptical.
Speaker 10: And that's why I say, you know, kudos.
Speaker 7: Look, how rare is it for the Wall Street Journal to say, well, the real problem is the moderate it's not the conservatives, right, I mean, Wall Street Journal is usually ready to throw conservatives under the bus in a heartbeat. But even the Wall Street journals like, well, really the issues the moderates. They had a good op ed out over the weekend through it out there, and I was kind of surprised because usually the Wall Street.
Speaker 10: Journal doesn't run interference for concertos.
Speaker 7: No, they're ready to say, you know, let's find common ground if you're in the center, and that's really where the Wall Street it is, you know.
Speaker 10: But I think they're looking at it going, yeah, these are reasonable, these are reasonable cuts that we're talking about here. We're not talking about.
Speaker 7: Yeah in draconian slash, you hack saw chainsaw to the government.
Speaker 1: They're minor tweaks and it can't And you're telling me there's gonna be some minor tweaks and later this week or next week it's going to be passed. It'll go to the Senate. God knows what will happen there. I kind of began losing faith a few weeks ago when they're reading stories about Elon Musk. I kind of watch all of his devotees on with Jesse Waters, et cetera doing a great job. But when rubber hits the road, why can't we spend as much federally as we spent in the year twenty twenty one. Why can't we say twenty twenty one is the benchmark, and if we did that then the tax revenues generated would equal the budget. We have a balanced budget immediately. Why can't we do that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that would be like a ten percent cut. If you think about it, people think that's very re and I'm looking at it going. Man, I thought a two percent cut wasn't very ambitious, but we're talking about not even a cut.
Speaker 10: It's just a promise of future cuts.
Speaker 7: And you know, I think really to get robust support, not just from members of the House, members.
Speaker 10: Of the Senate, but the public, I think you got to actually cut spending, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Think that's where we need to go.
Speaker 10: The bill is not going to be The bill is not going to be beautiful.
Speaker 7: It might be okay, but it's certainly going to beautiful if we don't cut spending.
Speaker 1: Does the bill eliminate payroll income taxes on overtime, social security and tips? Don't we know yet? Depending on what happens in the Senate. What about social tips?
Speaker 7: Well, the final will be you know, the Senate bill has to ultimately match the House. We have to agree before we can get it to the President's desk. But the current House bill does eliminate taxes on tips. It eliminates tax on overtime, and it gives a four thousand dollars credit for Social Security eligible people. And the reason it doesn't completely eliminate acts on Social Security there's almost nobody that gets more than you know, that much money in Social Security to where the four thousand dollar credit wouldn't cover the Social Security taxes.
Speaker 10: And that's the goal.
Speaker 7: But there's a lot of people that are on Social Security that have income from other source, like they have mental properties or some investments. And then pointed out there or talk show host or congressman or the yeah, they're running running a great arc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so the four thousand dollars, I think the average Social Security checks about eighteen hundred, that's about twenty two to twenty two thousand. So the tax on that's about four thousand. And I get that. I get that. Well, we got to run Congressman. I'm disappointed, of course, I'm waiting to be disappointed. I didn't think the system would allow Trump to do what he wants to do, and the system won't allow Warren Davidson to do what you would want to do. The system eats people up in Washington and spits him out. And I think this is one more occasion that's going on. Am I wrong?
Speaker 7: Well, stay the course, we haven't lost it. Yeah, we're fighting to save this thing. We got to get it across the finish line and the you know, it's worth the fight. I mean, this is a big effort. But in the fate of the country's in balance here, we got to save the country.
Speaker 1: We can't do it. We can't have thirty seven honest way to fifty trillion dollars and national debt. We can't survive. And the media doesn't report on that fact. They're very myopic looking at next week and grandmother being pitched off a cliff or or some pregnant woman not getting food stamps. The big issue is we owe thirty seven trillion dollars. Had a Moody's downgrade, which means borrowing money's gonna get more expensive. We're gonna borrow again this year. What two trillion dollars?
Speaker 4: Is that about?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Roughly that's about right, yep.
Speaker 1: And next year we're gonna borrow two trillion.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And here's the other one that people don't talk about. That's new borrowing. The reality is you have maturity, so we're going to refinance around eight trillion dollars got a higher rate when old debt. Yeah, so old debt that we were financing back with interest rates were like, you know, half a percent, one percent. We're refinancing at you know, four and a half percent, and so it's getting more extensive fast.
Speaker 1: Or Warren Davidson once again, Congressman, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. I don't know what's going to happen later this month is going to be wild. I suspect strongly that the best intentions will be chewed up by the Washington establishment. Congressman Warren Davidson, soldier and Congressman, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Warren. Yeah, always it honor. God bless you and your listeners. God bless America. Let's continue with more. The Road to Hell is paid with great intentions. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday night. All right, Billy Cunningham, the great American. You just heard her from Congressman Warren Davidson. This thing's going to get out of the Budget Committee tonight, and then on Wednesday it's going to go to the Rules Committee, and then later on in the House is going to be chopped up some more. I have a simple question, if we can't actually cut federal spending now, when will it ever get cut with this president and this Congress. And the answer is probably not. I said to you two or three weeks ago, I had a sense that the Washington system would eat up and spit out Donald Trump and the best intended Republicans. And it's happening as we speak tonight. It's going to happen between now Memorial Days. Just some rough numbers to pay attention to. In twenty twenty, the year twenty twenty, we had federal spending of about four point seven trillion dollars, and this year we have federal revenues of five trillion. We'd have a three hundred billion dollar surplus if we go back to twenty twenty levels. In fact, if we take the year twenty twenty one, go back to twenty twenty one, we spend about four point nine trillion, and this year we're taking in five trillion dollars. So if we can't balance the budget with those numbers, now, when will we Every time the media reports on it, it's a slash, it's a cut. There's never a cut there's only a slight decrease of the increase. And right now Moodies is cut down the debt rating again in this country, which means we're going to pay more and more and more. We're becoming a deadbeat nation. This year, we're going to borrow about two trillion, next year about two trillion year, have to that about two trillion. Maybe in twenty twenty nine, it may level off to one trillion dollars, which means we're a debtor nation, completely out of business. And if it can't be done now, guess what it cannot be done. Stay tuned for more coming up next to this, doctor Stanley Goldfarb on the history of the world. Now that's a topic. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday. We try to understand what's happening in our major elite institutions. You would like to think, whether it's UCLA or Columbia or Ohio State, for example, that the best and the brightest, the best intentions that the leaders have thought, so to speak, in America, they churn out the leaders in ten twenty thirty years from now. I have the honor going to the University of Toledo Law School. Got a great education there. I could not be admitted to UCLA or Harvard or Yale if I tried to. I didn't even try because I wasn't elite in the minds of some. And so we look forward to the big schools to churn out the best doctors, the best architects, the best lawyers, the best business leaders, and hopefully they don't practice race discrimination as the Democrats did for most of their history. They have in the South, especially between about sixteen nineteen and eighteen sixty five, did everything in their power to practice racial discrimination against black folks. And that was the Democratic Party. The ku Klux Klan was the Democratic Party hanging black men with Democratic Party and destruction of many of our urban schools today or the Democratic Party doing that. But I note with interest a column by doctor Stanley Goldfarb, who's the medical watchdog of donoharm dot org has filed a class action lawsuit against the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA for discriminating based upon race and doctor gold far but welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, I know the name. Tell the American people who is David Geffen. I guess gave a lot of money to have the school named after him, a school of medicine producing doctors. But who is David Geffen?
Speaker 4: Well, it's good to be with you, Bill.
Speaker 11: He's a major Hollywood mogul producer. I don't know all of his ins and outs of all that he owns, but he's been a major figure in the American movie making industry for many years now.
Speaker 1: Lots of money. And give me the essence of your lawsuit against the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. What is the essence of it.
Speaker 11: Well, like a lot of the elite institutions that you mentioned, there's a rottenness at their core. And in this case of UCLA Medical School, what's really rotten has been their admission policies for medical students for the last several years. And this is probably going on in many medical schools around the country. In matter of fact, we have some evidence that it is. But this has been a particularly egregious place because they're director of admissions at Doctor Lucerno, who's a physician and an associate dean for admissions, has been very outspoken in her desire to have a racially based admissions process and Our lawsuit involves students who were denied admission to UCLA who had excellent, in fact superb academic credentials, much better than minority students that were accepted, and yet they were rejected over and over again from the school.
Speaker 4: And again.
Speaker 11: Doctor Rosano has been very public in her statements, and we have whistleblowers from the UCLA Medical School who are willing to testify about things she has said and things she has done, and policies that the school has adopted that favors individuals based on their skin color rather than their academic potential and performance.
Speaker 1: You know, doctor go Goldfarbe. That's been declared illegal for a very long time, including Title the Civil Rights Act of nineteen sixty four, the Civil Rights Act of eighteen sixty six, which was codified largely in the fourteenth Amendment, and the California Civil Rights It is well known you can't pick someone or give somebody favor based upon skin color. That is racial discrimination. And I would think if you put this dean in a deposition, which you're likely to do soon, she's going to say, yes, we did it, but we have good intentions. In other words, we want to have diversity diversity is our strength. Actually, I think unity is our strength. So what are the difficulties when you pick individuals for medical school based upon skin color and not merit. How does that manifest itself to patience.
Speaker 4: Well, ultimately, it really means.
Speaker 11: That you have less qualified individuals delivering healthcare. And we have lot of evidence now from the performance of minority students in medical school and in their training programs that show that they're performing much less well. And it's pretty obvious that if you perform less well as a student and less well as an intern and resident where you're actually performing all the functions of a physician, that you're going to perform less well for the rest of your career. And in fact, we have evidence for that from some of the exam performance that has been noted on when people take their board certification exams, So we have evidence that the performance is less good. And the other great problem here is a problem where the medical the minority medical students who are capable and are qualified are tarred by this terrible racialism because it seemed that they were given this opportunity not because of their capabilities, but because of their skin color. So it works, it works harm for lots of people. It harms patients potentially, and it harms those black students who deserve to be physicians and who deserve to have the honor that they've achieved when they've been successful in their careers, and yet they're diminished by this kind of program.
Speaker 1: And doctor I hear the argument, well, you need doctors or lawyers, or politicians or teachers that look like their patients or their students or their clients. That the greater good is to choose based upon race, So that if you walk into a doctor's office and there's a black female face, or you walk into a lawyer's office and there is a gay rights lawyer, you walk into your your classroom and you have a teacher that looks like you, there are positive societal events for that that needs to be imposed. How would you react to that argument from the radical left.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that is the typical argument that's used to justify this kind of behavior, an argument for reparations. The truth is that there is a great deal of evidence that that's simply not the case. There are over sixty medical studies and they've been evaluated through systematic reviews, which is a very rigorous process.
Speaker 10: Published in peer review medical journals.
Speaker 11: Five systematic reviews have been published in peer review medical journals to show that when you look at questions of how well do doctors communicate with their patients, how satisfied are the patients with the care they're getting, one are the medical outcomes of these.
Speaker 10: Kinds of fear.
Speaker 11: There's no evidence that having a doctor that's books like you is going to provide better care than the best. And despite this, studies are cherry picked. You know, an occasional study will show will claim that there's a benefit, but then there are five other studies, for example, that will show that there's no such benefit. So when you look at the totality of the literature, there's just no evidence that that's true. And you know it's not true vis have the teachers. It's not true in any sphere where it's been proposed. It's just a myth that's out there and it's used to justify this kind of racialism that's gone on in medical school admissions.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's true across the board, right, and it's true for lawyers, doctors, architects. Is completely true. It's inculcated in the groundwater.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely true, And you know the point you made about we've had laws that have prevented this kind of racialization of medical school admissions. You know the Supreme Court case the Students for Fair Admissions, by the way, are co binktives in our case with us.
Speaker 10: With our members.
Speaker 11: That there cannot be any such destination in our education at all. This was one sort of exception that was out there for several years, but that's been completely eliminated now. So what is illegal? It defies the Supreme Court rulings, and the time has come for it to stop. And time has come for us to have the color blind society that was envisioned by Martin Luther King Junior, and that represents the American ideal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I get on a Delta, if I get on a Delta airplane, I don't care if the crew is black, white, Asian, I don't care if they're straight or gay. Just get me to where I'm going on time. And it's kind of a situation where I have a sense because of this US Supreme Court because though hopefully we'll follow the law, I can recall the comments of a Supreme Court justice about thirty thirty five years ago, Santre Day O'Connor, who kind of winked, nod, nod, and said, look, we're going to have to have some okay, benign racial discrimination for the next twenty years in order to spend more money on the public schools, more mamy, more money on public education. We've got to spend more money on Section eight. We got to spend a lot of money, and we spent literally trillions of dollars twenty to thirty years in order to make sure that a kid you're in Los Angeles, I assume, but La County School about the Sandmount money is spent there is in a private school. I live in Cincinnati, And in fact, the public schools spend more per student than the so called Catholic private schools with less results. And so the argument was we have to violate the law for about twenty years and after that, which would be like the nineteen nineties or two thousand, which is a quarter of a century ago, were that okay, okay, everyone's up. We're going to treat people not based upon the color of their skin, but rather that their merit to get in. And this has not stopped, especially especially in urban areas. It's not stopped. And so hopefully it'll stop this time.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, and the thing about medical school missions is that any qualified black student has been preferentially admitted for many, many years, which okay, if they're qualified, they're qualified, and that's fine. If they're qualified as much as an Asian student that's being denied admission. But you know the problem with medical schools is, unlike undergraduate schools, where you could always go to another school if you don't get excepted by one, there's always another one. That's not true.
Speaker 10: In medical schools.
Speaker 11: There are fifty five thousand applicants for twenty two thousand spaces, and if a student is denied admissions, then some other student, who in this case is better qualified, is denied that admission. And that's really a major problem. You cannot have fairness in this kind of system. And again that's very un American to have such an unshared situation going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know those numbers. I know, in the state of Ohio we have seven or eight law schools, and of course, if you're bright and intelligent, whatever, you might go to Case Western, you might go to Ohio State. But there's always Ohio Northern, there's always university of Toledo and in California, though, I would assume there's a few medical schools, and you want the best in the brightest because you're not dealing with not to writing a complaint or a lawsuit, or maybe not writing a will properly, we're talking about someone's life, that is. And if you would ask African Americans, do you want the best doctor to treat you for your cancer? I don't think the typical African American patient would say, you know what I wanted an affirmative action doctor. The patients themselves don't say that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 11: In fact, we've asked that question, and there you're exactly right. Black patients want the best doctor. That's what they want, and it demeans them to suggest that they are so racially biased that they can only deal with a black doctor.
Speaker 4: It's just not true.
Speaker 11: It doesn't reflect the Black community, and it certainly doesn't reflect what's best for the health of the American people.
Speaker 1: Lastly, you have in your lawsuit. April twenty twenty five, a whistleblower said that you see LA circulated a memo requiring admissions committee members to consider race when picking students to serve as admissions officers, and then to go through the medical school process. I think it takes three, four, five six years. Are the principles of racism and shall we say diversity taught throughout the class work doesn't end at the admission and the next four years in medical school that race never comes up, that you have no benefit or costs for someone being black. Is this diversity DEI taught throughout medical school?
Speaker 11: Oh? Absolutely, And it's integrated into all courses. Even when students go on a surgical rotation, they'll have a lecture about diversity and about racism and surgery and it's all nonsense. And the reality is there are important health disparities that the black population suffers, but the idea that it's because their patients are being treated in a biased fashion by physicians is just simply wrong. There are other genetic, behavioral, all sorts of reasons that have to do with why there's discrepancies in health outcomes. The real problem and not to create this this myth that the problem is biased on the part of physicians and that patients need doctors that look like them in order to get rid of this bias. That's this line that's been perpetuated for several years now, and it's just wrong and it's just counterproductive, totally counterproductive because it doesn't get at the root of the issue. The root of the issue is that black patients need to have better trust in the healthcare system and need to identify their symptoms earlier and need to get health access earlier. We know, for example, that the high maternal mortality that black women suffer in large part is due because there's a tremendous gap between they're getting first trimester prenatal care in order to identify high pertension and other problems that can be controlled early on in pregnancy and prevent problems later on, and these opportunities are available. There are laws that provide the funding for black women if they're poor to be able to get this care. They need to get the care. Then it needs to be an educational process that goes on in the black community that would help mitigate this problem. It's not due to the fact that obstetrics and gynecology doctors are biased against Black women.
Speaker 1: Well, I would think DEI principles apply as you say, throughout medical school and if, as some conservative a student doesn't buy into the idea, I'm not going to acknowledge DEI, I'm not going to acknowledge racism, that student would have difficulties getting residency, getting grades, things to that character. And well, hopefully is that the case, doctor, Well, yeah.
Speaker 11: You know, it's interesting that the agency that credit that credits residency programs now just yesterday announced that they were going to eliminate their diversity requirements for residency programs. And in the past what you said is absolutely the case that there are students that were denied opportunities and specialties like neurosurgery or radiology because of their skin color. And this is going on to at the medical establishment, and that time has come when it must stop.
Speaker 1: Doctor Stanley Goldfarbe, go online, Do No Harm dot org, Medical director. Let's begin, and let's go back to the ideas that race should not play a factor in these admissions. Rather it should be merit and everyone should agree with that, Doctor Stanley Goldfarb from UCLA, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and doctor you're a great American. Thank you very much. Thanks so much, God bless you. Let's continue with more and there it is, race should play no part. Merit should trump race whenever it's available and that's the law. How about enforcing the law? What a novel concept. No one is above the law. I thought. Bill Cunningham, the Great American live with you every Sunday night. All right, Billy Cunningham, the Great American, thanks for listening at this Sunday night. And once again I want to offer nothing but the best for Joe Biden's health going forward. It's shocking to me that an next president with the best medical care in the world could develop stage four p stay cancer and a score of one out of ten on the gleas and scale of nine. That's metastasized without knowledge before I guess Friday, and we'll find out more about this. It has hoped that when one has PSA's done regularly at least once a year, and also has digital rectal exams called drees, it's a pretty good insurance policy against getting staged four prostate cancer. But maybe not. We wish Joe Biden and his family nothing but the best they as they grapple with cancer. And secondly, having on Congressman Warren Davidson is pretty obvious coming out of the Budget Committee will be certain promises made about keeping federal spending where it is I would hate to say cut federal spending. If keeping the same budget where it is today is cutting federal spending, then I don't understand cutting federal spending because cutting federal spending means spending less money. And I fear that in six months or so, when you and I are together again, as we're to get together every Sunday night, I'm gonna remind you that way back in May, I said that despite all the words and the chainsaws, there's no significant cut whatsoever in federal spending because the system will not allow it. And if the system run by Donald Trump and these Republicans like Fune and Johnson cannot get it done, then guess what it'll never get done. If we've returned the federal government budget to spending in the year twenty twenty one, four years ago, we have a balanced budget right now. Why can't that happen? Too many well funded power groups interest groups decide that anything other than an increase in federal spending is a cut to keep federal spending where it is and not a cut. We'll see what happens on Wednesday and the Rules Committee, but that's the way it's going to be. Once again. Thanks for listening tonight especially. You also want to thank Jeff crue Air of New Orleans for setting the record straight on the Nobel Peace prices should be awarded, of course, to Donald Trump, Bill Cut, I am with you every Sunday night.