Speaker 1: Welcome into another edition of Clippers Talk, off season edition, but we are getting close. Preseason basketball is starting up on Saturday, Clippers in Hawaii in Honolulu taking on the Golden State Warriors. I feel like I'm bringing on somebody and I'm going through some time travel here as we're starting the first segment of Clippers Countdown or something. But right now joining the show is your former voice of the Clippers. Did it for four seasons, but now here in LA. You see him on NBC four on NBC on the Peacock of course with Big Ten Saturday night, and I love it. It's the young goat, Noah Eagle here on Clippers Talk. Noah, my friend, how are we doing?
Speaker 2: Double A? You know, you just made me think of something, So this is I think they just left yesterday after media Day. I know you were there in your suit per usual. It looked like with a nice blue steel on your selfie that you put out there to the world. But it made me remember my first year doing the job, and I was fresh out of college and I was trying to just get to know everybody before I got there, and so your number was passed along and I reached out to you and I called you and we talked for like five minutes and I was like, hey, man, you know really looking forward to me. You're like yeah, yeah, yeah so am I so my like great, and so I was like, well that was kind of short. I don't really that was odd. And then literally the next time I saw you, I think it was a media day. You're like, yeah, that was my bad man. I was. I was at a bar, I couldn't really talk, and I was like, oh, dude, that's cool, that's cool. And from that moment on, I was like, Oh, this guy's great, this guy's awesome. Because I just remember sitting next to you at media day and I think you made a couple of jokes. I'm like, oh, this is gonna go really really well. But I remember that first phone conversation. I'm like, who is this dude? This Adam Austlin. What's his deal? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know. I stopped drinking a couple of years ago. That was a tin Horn Flats in Burbank, which is no longer an establishment or at least a legal as there has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: I just figured once you've stopped drinking, you put them out of business.
Speaker 1: Mandy, you have said that that the Hollywood way. Look, we're all better off with me in this mode. Now I'm just working, baby. Now it's all clippers twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Dude, what is it? Ten percent? Body fat? I see the videos.
Speaker 1: I'm trying. And I did run a marathon on Saturday. Granted it was on a treadmill. Big brother Jake told me, that's even harder because I got nothing to look at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean way harder. What did you listen to? Did you listen like, were you listening to music? Were you watching something? What were you doing?
Speaker 1: I had, let's see Deftones. I went through almost the entire album of Adrenaline, which is a band from Sacramento, hardcore rock, and they're still going now, like in their forties and fifties. And that did me some good because it was just very nostalgic for me. It's an album from nineteen ninety five, so you know, time flies when you're listening to music you're already familiar with. And it took five hours and I think thirty six minutes to complete this bad Boy, the twenty six point two miles. But then I was listening to, of course, just a bunch of Clippers podcast Brian Seeman. He was on the lob of the Jam the podcast. I was listening to Clips Forum, I was listening to Lockdown Clippers. I just absorb as much Clippers content as possible.
Speaker 2: You know this, Oh no, I do. I do like people I think just assume. Oh, Adam, just whatever. No, No, it's very much real. This is not any bit of an act. It is authentic, Adam Austlin. That's triple A for you. We can take it one a further and it's not easy A. This is a difficult ay to attain.
Speaker 1: It was definitely authentic today and real. When I was getting into an argument with Fred Rogan on A five seventy as he is such a Clippers hater. Noah, Ya don't know if you ever had you on going Rogan at some point he loves you. He says you're also the young goat. He admires you. But he's a Clippers hater through and through, no doubt. Today he said, you know, give me some storylines for the Clippers. So I'm talking about Kawhi and then he's like, okay, enough, let's get to the Lakers' Fred, we got more to talk about here. Terrence man Zubos Extensions, Jeff van Gundhi into a dome and he said this, I go into a dome and he's like, already been there, don't care. What how do you dismiss the eighth Wonder of the world like that?
Speaker 2: Well, what did he go for? Bruno? What did he do?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You probably just went there with an old NBC four truck or something like that to sneak his way in because I know he's working in Palm Springs now. I don't know if it was even a concert. He just got his own private tour, so he felt like he had experienced everything.
Speaker 2: I did always enjoy listening to you battle with him when I would be randomly driving on a Wednesday afternoon or whatever it might be. It was always great entertainment for me. And now that I don't have to drive anymore, weird flex of being in New York, But now that I don't have to drive anymore, that is probably the only thing I do miss about being behind the wheel is hearing randomly you defending the Clippers honor on a five seventy. It was always excellent.
Speaker 1: I did my best. It's tough going against Fred that's like John Snow and the Battle of the Bastards, the lone sportsman out there in the field.
Speaker 2: He doesn't say you know nothing, Adam Auslin, at least acknowledges you know some things.
Speaker 1: Damn straight. All right, let's get into before we talk Clippers. I want to get your opinion on the latest this offseason where the team has gone since you've been gone. But I want to talk about your new gig a little bit and currently something more recent that happened this summer. I want to reflect a little bit because there was the call of the summer, a call to live on for ages and it happened in the Golden Medal game between France while in France and Team USA, and it was the Golden Dagger call with Steph Curry going off for Team USA. We're on the call which Wayne Wade talk about the experience in France and calling one of the most prestigious moments in international sportes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Adam. The funny thing is, I think a lot of people, most people asked me just to go to that. That moment was Steph where he hits the third, the four to three whatever third three in a row, basically, But I mean he had I think what seven or eight He had like a combined seventeen the last two games, which was insane. And I had obviously seen a lot of Steph Curry performances, but it was the first time I actually got to be semi on his side and calling the game. I think about do you remember the game that he had against the Clippers where he had I think fifty at Staples.
Speaker 1: And the first quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Clippers still won that game, but he had, like there were so many highlights in that one that you know, I could call, but I didn't really get to get fully creative and let it rip because he was on the opposing team. And the same with the nets or whatever else. There was the one at Chase Center at twenty five in the first quarter against the Clips, he and Paul George are dueling, and that one that was the PG saying I'm from the logo too, you know, I'm from the logo two game. So I had had all those experiences and I kind of knew how to call a Steph game, but I never actually got to do it where I really got to do it, if that makes sense. And so I was just excited that I actually got to be excited for him for once, because it is brutal when you're the opponent and he just does that to you. And so everything that everybody in that arena that was French, which was a large portion of it, was feeling I had felt before, so I kind of knew that end of it. But the jubilation that came from what he did was incredible. And that was really the case for the entire Olympics because I did a number of non US games as well. I did the US men and women, I did non US men and women's games. And the one thing that really stood out to me is it was the only time so far in my career that everybody back home that was watching and I mean just about everybody. Maybe not you because I know you declared something about the French team with Nico, but basically ninety nine percent of the people watching here in America where we're broadcasting, we're rooting for one side, which is you never get that even now in the modern NBA, if you're calling for a team because it's basically national and there's league pass, and same with radio and Sirius XM. You get fans of all different teams tuning in to your games, and so you never have a basically one hundred percent approval rating on anything, and so it was just fascinating that the way I call these games, like the Serbia game that was the semi final with the us Men where they're down seventeen to the third quarter, there was this moment where I'm like, oh, I'm gonna be hated forever. Dwayne and I are literally going to be hated figures because we called this failure of US basketball and Dwayne already got third place and a bronze medal in two thousand and four. He's gonna be like the scapegoat of USA basketball forever. And I'm gonna be the guy who had to call Serbia upsetting them with Jokic and everyone's gonna hate us. And then they win that game and it completely flips and everyone's like, these guys are awesome because we're we were all excited and everyone was excited together. So yeah, it was really cool. It was some of the most fun I had. I will say that the other thing that people asked me was did you have any of those calls ready to go? You know me, you worked with me for four years. I don't come up with anything ahead of time. It's whatever is in the moment is what comes out. But I will say that all four of those years of doing the Clipper games prepared me for every one of those moments, because I felt like I'd seen everything with the Clippers, and I really had seen just about everything with the Clippers. And think about some of the games that we got to do in those four years. I mean the thirty one point, the thirty five point comeback. I'm thinking of the other one. The one point comeback was right before I got there, thirty five point comeback against the Wizards, the twenty five point comeback in Game six, So I knew crazy comebacks. I'd seen those, and then just tense moments, tense games, down to the wire games. I had seen those blowout games. I had seen those unsung hero games, Terrence Man coming out of nowhere. I had seen those. So I kind of knew what to expect and what to feel in each of those moments. And I don't think I would have done it as well as I did if I hadn't had those four years.
Speaker 1: For sure, I obviously was soaking it all up watching those broadcasts. It was incredible. It was good to hear you on that big of a stage in your bag as the world's watching something in an area I knew you'd thrive in. What was it like working with Dwayne Wade as well? I thought you guys developed a lot of great chemistry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was great. I didn't really know what to expect going in because he literally never had called a real game before. The only game he had ever called was a Rising Stars Challenge I think a couple of years back, and that might have been the same year that he messed up the dunk contest, which I didn't actually directly ask him about, but I think he acknowledged at one point over the course of the two weeks there. But the one thing I'll say about Dwayne, there are a couple things that really stood out. The first one was how much of a team player he was. And you know how much that means to me. I mean, that's MYMO to me, this is it's a group. It's a team. I mean what we see on the court as a team and we are all a team as well. So to me, everybody plays a vital role in what eventually is hopefully a successful broadcast, and I think Dwayne he showed up and he just felt that immediately. He knew that immediately. You know, the first week we're there, everybody just assumed you're in Paris, but that first week was in Lele, which was two and a half hour drive from Paris. The way that I would describe it, and I had described it to people, is it's basically like someone said, Hey, you're gonna go call these games in Paris, or excuse me, you're gonna go call these games in New York. And so in your head, you're like, New York City, this is gonna be amazing. And then you land and it's Buffalo. It's like, oh, that's quite the same. Like it's a little different. Wings are good, but not New York City. You know, I was kind of expecting that. So I we get to lil and I just figured Dwayne. I'm like, there's no way Dwayne's staying in this crappy hotel that we're in. And he was right across the hall from me the entire time, and so that right off the rip, I was like, Okay, he's in on this. He's he's down to do this the right way, and from that point on. Yeah, we developed a great friendship chemistry, go out to dinners, talk things through, learn about each other, not just on the air, but off the air, and I think it really it definitely showcased itself down the stretch. And then my favorite part of all of it was the step shot over the double team where he gave the Nui Nui as we call it, the Golden dagger shot. If you go and look at the video in the background, you can see. So the China. Robinson did the women's games with me, and she actually just came to that game. It's the only one she came, the only men's game she came to. And she was sitting and actually listening to Dwayne and I while watching the game live and which I'm like, the China at halftime, like, the China are you what are you listening to music? She's like, no, I'm listening to broadcast. That was funny what you said. And I'm like, isn't this a delay? She goes, oh, yeah, it's like two minutes behind. I'm like, that can't be good. I can't be an enjoyable experience. She's like, it's great, what are you talking about? So if you watch. She's got earphones in, but she is literally jumping up and down after Steph makes the shot and almost like clapping. And Dwayne jumped on my back and I'm basically giving him a piggyback ride as I'm calling the shot good and he was losing it. Our entire area was losing it. There was an on site producer who just looks completely stunned, David Gibson, completely stunned. My stats guy Tyler is I think beside himself, and if you just look at the reactions of everybody, I think that was that told pretty much the story any better than I could have with the words. So yeah, he was great, and I think I don't know if he's going to do it long term. He'll have plenty of options to do so if he wants to, But if he does, I think he has a chance to be one of the best ones doing it.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fun. I thought I was very entertaining, and you met the moment without a doubt when it reached that climax with that shot from Steph Curry. How much interaction did you end up having with some of the players. Did you tap up Nico? But Tom was like, oh, there's no ego. Did just talk with coach Lou seeing him on the coaching staff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I would say coach has more than players for sure. You know. Obviously I had a relationship with t Lou already, so that was great to see him and he was pumped. You know. The funnier part was Christina Pink actually did the first scrimmage that they had, the exhibition game against Canada, and so she was Aaron Vegas and saw him there and he was like, oh, Christina, are you coming to Paris. And She's like, no, no, I'll be there. He's like Noll who noa eagle and she was like yeah. He goes, oh, all right, that's cool. You know, it just kind of moved on, which is him in a nutshell. But he saw me there and yeah, we had we had a nice little chat. We got to I congratulated him about the extension. Then he goes, no, no, no, no, congrats to you. I'm like, well, congrats to both of us then and he goes, yeah, I like that. I like that. So it was good to see him. Jason Powell and pretty much all that the Clippers peeps were out there, which was cool. And I definitely had a lot of time with Eric Spolstrow, which I guess you can put two and two together. With Dwayne, he was very happy to come hang with us before games. Grant Hill, Steve Kerr a little bit. But for the most part, you know, we were doing our thing, they were doing theirs. The players would come, all of them would come say hello to Dwayne, and then a lot would you know, just come and either dap me up or tap me. So Steph was one of those early in the tournament. But for the most part, No, it was no different than anything else. I'd just kind of go and do my thing. I'd do my job and let the rest kind of handle itself.
Speaker 1: Did you have much downtime at all to experience some of the other events.
Speaker 2: No, good I had. I had a game, at least one game every single day. So we started the first day of the Olympics, the day after the opening ceremonies was we had a doubleheader that day. This was Dwayne's first day and we had it was our first game was France and Brazil, and I'll never forget this moment. So the first week in Lelle, the stadium, it was a stadium. It was a soccer stadium, so the arena quote unquote actually sat twice the amount as the arena in Paris. So there were thirty thousand people in there, and it was full for the France. It was France's first game, obviously full an hour before tip one hour before tip literally not a seed empty, and one hour before when they let the players on. And Victor web it's a little different. That's a little different. But Victor Webbanyama first player out an hour before tip off and he literally just palms like the ball like this basically, you know, with two fingers, essentially picks up the basketball, flings it from half court, nothing but net and the place. I've almost never heard a building louder than when that happened. And that was the first thing we did. We weren't even on yet, and Dwayne looked at me and he was like, is this normal, Like, oh no, no, it is not. It is very abnormal. So we had that game and then we had a great game Canada and Greece. That was our first day. Now, the Greek names were adventurous, to say the least. Jannistetakumbo was probably the easiest traditional unquote Greek name, even though that's not Greek by nature. But we had a guy totally Apolis. There was harrin Popolis. There was Kostas Papa Nicolau, which Pizza might remember from the NBA lore. There was your ghost Papa Yanis, who I said was Giannis's father, Papa Yannis. So there were a lot of things there. But anyway, we didn't have a single day off from that point on. The one day off we had was when we traveled from Lill to Paris, and then we had that NBA party that Snoop Dogg came out and performed at, which was awesome. So I was all in on that, But no I was hoping to get to beach volleyball or swimming or gymnastics. Didn't happen.
Speaker 1: You got to insulate yourself a little bit. You're on the grind. Noah Eagles with us here on Clippers talk back from the Olympics. Back with Big Ten Saturday Night. We'll talk about that in just a moment. We'll get his thoughts on the Clippers in this upcoming season as well. If you guys got questions for Noah Eagle, I know somebody's calling him Mona. I think he may have hit the wrong button here. People boughts asking about Jeff van Gundy at the with his Olympic work that he's been doing for years now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best part about Jeff's Olympic work. And I've known Jeff now for many years from his broadcasting work. I love the man. I thought that was a massive higher by the Clippers. He was huge for the Celtics last year. It's going to be a big loss in Boston and it is going to be a massive addition in LA. But the craziest thing about how he worked with the Olympics, he was a ghost. He was like James Saint Patrick. He never saw him operate. So he was I think in scouting more than anything. And my stats guy is a guy by the name of Tyler Freed, whose father is Dave Freed, who's Mike Breens stats guy, and so he worked with Jeff for years, and Jeff and the Freed family are very close, and so Tyler texted Jeff and it was like, hey, are you here? He goes, I am, He goes, we don't see you. He goes, you won't like that. That was how he was operating. He was so stealth that we.
Speaker 1: Did you drop the cup? Like in usual suspects say yes.
Speaker 2: I was limping around trying to find them. I could, We could not locate him. It was like the worst game of Where's Waldo that you never find the guy. So I give him tons of credit for operating at that level. But yeah, apparently he was there. I asked Grant. I'm like, oh, it's Jeff here. He goes yeah. I go I haven't seen him. He goes, yeah, you probably won't. I'm like, what what is this? What role do you have? So I didn't really get to see him very much specifically, but I heard about the urban legend that was Jeff ben Gundi, tem USA employee.
Speaker 1: Just disappears in the midst. We'll ask Noah about where's Puldo in a little bit here. But I know, uh, NBC looks to have a contract signs sealed, delivered. It's yours with the NBA now, which everybody is excited about. First time since two thousand and two. I remember that Western Conference Finals in NBC for whatever reason, Uh, your dad's working at TNT, you're an NBC. They're taking it from TNC. I'm not saying there's some infighting or a civil war going on right now, but those have to be interesting conversations.
Speaker 2: Now. We haven't spoken in eight weeks. No, Yeah, it's I would say that. You know, we're both excited to see what the future has in store. You know, there's nothing that's guaranteed, nothing given yet, so we'll see what it all looks like when the time is right. But I'm certainly hopeful that I would love to be a part of some level of coverage because I love the league. That's you know that the NBA and basketball are my main passions, and so when there's an opportunity to be more involved within that, you always want to jump at it. So we'll see what that looks like. We'll see what it looks like for me, what it looks like for him. But we would love double bird action in some way, shape or form, and we know that people seem to respond to that, so we'll see what it looks like.
Speaker 1: That's the best double bird you can.
Speaker 2: Get, well, Albatross, little basketball Albatross.
Speaker 1: The only positive double bird there. So your dad is now officially the voice of marsh Madness. I think many people felt like he was for a long time. I certainly did. It was great to see him on the broadcast, But when he's there during marsh you've been filling in for him with the Brooklyn Nets. What is it like to be on the NBA grind, I guess, back with your old childhood team and filling in for your father.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool. You know, it's different because when I first got to the Clippers, it was literally an opposite coast and a completely different team. There was. There were very little connections to him, you know. The only real connection was Lawrence Frank, who was coaching with the Nets years ago when my dad was calling the game. So I had known Lawrence since I was literally eight seven, eight nine years old, whatever it might have been. I mean, there's photo of me pre puberty with Lawrence and a basketball, and I showed it to him and he's like, God, I look better with a beard. I go, you do. Yeah, I'm not going to argue that. But because of that, it really just allowed people to form their opinion of me solely on me. When I get back to New York. People had known me from childhood all the way through, and so I think it took a couple of games for them to separate what they had known their whole life into what I am now. But after that it was just off and running and it was great. But yeah, working with different people. You know, I have known Sarah Coustack since I was probably fifteen fifteen years old, and so for her, I think it tripped her out initially, like, Okay, we're working together, fully, fully working together, you know it had worked in different capacities before, but she loved it. By the end of it, we had a great time. Richard Jefferson I knew when he was playing with the nets, and at that time when he first got drafted there, I was probably six or seven years old, and so for him, he knew me when I was seven years old, and now we're working together so similarly, and he, you know, wanted to test see where I'm at, see if I could hang and do all that stuff, and we hit it off. So it was it was a blast. Our producer, Frank de Grace is amazing and someone that I've known and he's been working with them for twenty five years basically now, so most of my life. So it was just a different vibe than it was in LA But it was amazing once you got off and running, and once we found a rhythm and once we kind of understood each other, and I just got accepted like I was part of the team very very quickly, which was always kind of what you want to see and how you wanted to go. So we'll see how it goes this year, hopefully a couple more games added to that slate. I did twelve last year, and we'll see where it ends up when we shake out the schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to check the Clipper schedule. I haven't even thought about it. When are those Brooklyn Nets games? Are they coming around March somewhere in there and I can visit with Noah Eagle? That'd be nice. I hope you guys are. I don't know. Let's get to your current gig right now, and it is a prime time Saturday night gig on NBC where you're calling games for I think the pre eminent conference now with the Pat twelve invasion for the Big Ten, it's been really fun. I know you have Michigan visiting Washington a rematch of the National Championship game. I know both teams are very different now, but you talk about basketball being your first love, how much of an adjustment. Is it calling these games for football. I know it's not new to you, You've done it over the years already, but now it's a weekly thing for you on Saturday nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The difference now is I don't have the jigsaw puzzle of how do I get from State College back to LA for a twelve thirty tip with the Clippers and Pacers, which I did make and Avita Zubats nearly had thirty thirty, so I was glad to be there for that game, but I was very nervous that I was gonna make it. And I had a kid who was trying to sell me something next to me on the plane ride home, which was I remember I was doing work and he goes, what is that? I go work. He goes, what do you do? Fantasy basketball? I go that that's insulting com from it, dude. I was like, come on, man, it's very much reality. This right here is more real than you'll ever be. And he was like, Okay, buy this. I'm like, I'm not buying it. So anyway, I would say that's the first difference is I'm not worrying as much about where the next assignment is, which will change when basketball starts, it still gets tough. For I'm doing college again with NBC. I'm doing the net stuff again, so it's still fitting the pieces, but not quite at the level it was a couple of years ago. But the adjustment has been great. You know, I have a really great partner in Todd Blackledge, who's been doing this for a long time at an elite level. And you know, when you work with elite people like yourself and like big brother Jake and many others, it makes your job easier because everybody gets to pull their weight, and Todd almost pulls our weight collectively in some respects, and make sure that we're always heading in the right direction. Same with Catherine Tappan on the sideline and our entire production crew. And so I just kind of do my work, make sure I'm prepared, make sure I'm ready to go, ready to have some fun. I bring a lot of positive energy, a lot of just period energy. And you know how I am, I byoe. It's always byoe with me. There's no caffeine for me. I'm not a five hour energy guy like some others who dug that stuff. I couldn't. I don't know who I'm not a protein shape guy either mid game. I can't have that effect the vocal court.
Speaker 1: So I was wondering what my problem was this whole time.
Speaker 2: But no, it's cool, man. It's been great and we got a great slate the rest of the way. We got an awesome game this week, as you mentioned National Championship rematch. We've got a potential top five showdown next week. And I've enjoyed this new Big ten because it does add a little extra flavor to a conference that was so heavily defensive focus. Now you've got to contend with these West Coast teams, which is different and new and fun and exciting. So we're enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Big ten patch on a PAC twelve former PAC twelve team still is difficult for me to wrap my head around, but I like it. I love the matchups every week. And another good one Saturday night Michigan taken on Washington. The Huskies no ego on the call. So you mentioned working with elite people, and there's a new one that is coming on the podcast later tonight that I've had the pleasure of working with Carlo Jimenez. How proud are you of Carlo and taking that torch from you on the radio side for the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently, if it weren't for me, he wouldn't look old enough to do the job. Apparently he owes getting classes to me. Now, I would tell him, you know, year one, a year or two, you can switch the style. Now it's time. We can just step it up. Now you can go in there, maybe get some cardiac glasses and really flex on everybody, show him who's really bossed. As a year two approaches, and apparently the hair thing is not changing. I didn't get the memo that. Apparently I also sound like the kid on Live Tell. Apparently I've never been on live television. Apparently I told him to change his hair. I must have been under the influence in some way, shape or form when that happened. But not Carlo is sensational, and not just on air, but off air, and I think you know how much that means to me. I talked about it with Dwayne and how he interacted. But if you watch him interact, he comes from an outstanding family. I've met his family and how he was raised. You could tell that he was going to fit right in wherever he ended up. And so I thought it was great that the Clippers was that destination. And it's a guy who got to be really familiar with la I have known him since he was going into his freshman year of college, and you knew early with him that he was going to be a star because you could tell one the work ethic was off the charts, which is vital to success in this particular field especially. You've got to be willing to grind and you've got to be willing to go the extra mile, and he always was from freshman year all the way through. It was never something you had to remind him. It was instinctive, and so that goes a long way. The second thing was his comfortability, not just in terms of his broadcasting, but his comfortability interacting, and I think that goes a long way as well. I think that is really important to determine your future success. And then the third one was how are you as a teammate? And you could tell early that he was a great teammate. And then when I got to do some USC games, I got to see him interacting with the guys who were a year younger than or two years younger than him, who now we're looking up to him and the way that he was going back and forth and helping them along and not selfish about how he was going about his business. You go, Okay, this kid's got an understanding of how it's supposed to go. And in terms of the on air performance, I think if you listen to his first game last year all the way through his last one, there's a major leap. I mean, I told him the same thing happened when I did it, and it's true with anybody if you start at a certain level, and his level was more than good enough when he first got there to be on the air and to have that job. But you're only going to keep getting better at that point. And so the strides he took from the beginning to end of year one were sensational, and I expect now he's only going to keep building because he's motivated. He's self motivated, and he does seek out opinions from a variety of sources, and he does listen. He doesn't just poo poo it and say, well, I know what I'm doing. He really wants it. He wants to be coached at the highest level, and I think takes all of that to heart. So I'm looking forward to what year two has for him. I thought you guys were great together. I loved always tuning into your pregame chats or post game or even sometimes in the middle of games during a timeout. It was it was a lot of fun. But you guys sounded great. He sounded great, and I'm pumped because the Clippers are in really good hands now. I could never do the TikTok stuff that both of you guys are doing. That's not my forte. But I've been thoroughly impressed with what he's built and I know that that's only going to continue taking off as well.
Speaker 1: Carlo truly in a league of his own there with the TikTok at the public editing he does like by the way.
Speaker 2: Though, by the way, Jake did tell me that, and this is not surprised. And I don't know what you guys are gonna do this year for home games, but a lot of people would come up to him because they wanted photos. And then I can confirm because I went through this, that Robin also just invites people like random people who don't want photos to then take photos like no, no, you're gonna want the photo. Rob And for anybody who's watching or listening is the usher of the section in which the Clippers radio would inhabit, and he was the king of angles. He is a great angle photographer, but he's also he's so friendly that he doesn't want anyone to be left out. Even people that weren't asking would get opportunities. So I can't even imagine, considering Carlo already had suitors the level that it reached when Robin got involved.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was basically like a class photo at that point. The group that would expand so much thanks to Robin and Vincent our guys there. Speaking of this season, of course, we have the Into a Dome opening up. And while Fred Rogan has been hating on the Into a Dome for whatever reason, because he's just wants to be the enemy the Clippers, and he will be known for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let what happened, man, Yeah, that's his prerogative.
Speaker 1: Fred embraces the hate the Into It Dome ex experience. And I'm hoping there's a at Brooklyn Nets game coming up around Marsh so we can see you there. But how impressed are you with what you've seen so far? I don't know if you've had a chance to get a private tour or whatever. But the Clippers finally have a home.
Speaker 2: Noah, Yeah, I think that's the biggest part of all of this is it's something that they get to call their own. And we experienced it on many levels where it wasn't just the team itself, the players on the court or the coaches on the on the bench that were getting disrespected. It was a lot of us. It was any bit anybody who was a staff member of the Clippers. You were always looked at as secondary or tertiary when you were walking those halls. And I love that building and I love a lot of the people that do work there, whether it's Ab or Vincent and Robin or many others. You know Bernard in the media room. All those people were great and treated me great. But there were the occasions where we kind of got laughed at or scoffed, or we were trying to do something and got rejected, whatever it might be. It's just not going to be the case anymore. And I think that you can't undersell the importance of that. I also think you can undervalue the importance of having your facility basically attached and having everything in one place that is massive as well, the ease of having everybody under one roof, as opposed to some downtown, some imply a vista, some elsewhere, some at home. That's a game changer. It builds camaraderie within an organization. And then on top of that. I haven't been able to see it yet. I haven't gone, but I've seen the renderings. Chris Wallace just delivered a great presentation at the NBA meetings a couple of weeks ago where he showcased everything. I've talked to Carlo, I've talked to Christina, I've talked to others who have been there and have really gotten a sense of it. It sounds like a spaceship. Basically, that is a basketball mecha, and that's what they wanted it to be. I love the Jersey touch with all the high schools. Love the abundance of bathrooms because you know me, I was willing to shove a nine year old out of the way to make sure I could make it to the bathroom in time and get back before I to be on again.
Speaker 1: The old George Castanza move if there's a fire, look out, Oh yeah, living and children again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was out of there. I was out of there gore text or not, I was out of there, and I love that they didn't spare any cost or thought. Now, like any new place, arena, stadium, whatever, there will be some kinks they need to work out. I mean, that's just the nature of it, and so I think you do have to give a little bit of a grace period to figure some of that out. And I just know, because I know how the Clippers are looked at and perceived and talked about, that people are not going to give it that that if it was other organizations, maybe you would. So I do ask everybody give it time so that they can truly get everything figured out. But if a year in they still have issues, that's I think that this place is going to be pristine. I think that it's going to be the premiere spot for basketball in the country, and we've already seen that. There's a lot of faith in that because the Olympic basketball competition in twenty twenty eight is going to be played there, and probably deservedly so. So I give Steve a ton of credit. I gave him another and I've said this a lot. I give him a ton of credit as well for privately funding the whole thing and not asking for any public dollars because he's got more than enough. And I hope to see it this season. If not this season, then I certainly hope to see it next season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you'll definitely be seeing it in twenty twenty eight. For the Olympics. We know that it's it's going to be fun to get comfortable there and finally get to really settle in. I know coach lu made a joke about finally being able to leave some shoes or having a locker there and guy's not having to take stuff home with them because they're going to tear it down for the Kings of the Lakers right afterwards. It's just a completely different experience. It'll take time getting used to, but it's a good feeling and kind of that security blanket for Clippers fans now knowing that they have a home base, as Kawhi put it at media Day.
Speaker 2: I also just know from when the Nets built a new facility a couple of years back in Brooklyn. You know, when they first got there, it was kind of makeshift, but when they fully built out the new facility, there's a quote that Luis Scola had that you can go back and he's correct, which was he said they will when they start to get good basically, or when people start to realize how nice everything is here, how they treat their veterans, their players, et cetera. They'll get anybody they want. And then I think two years later they signed Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, DeAndre Jordan trade for hard and et cetera. And obviously it didn't work out the way that they hoped it would because of injuries and vaccines and many other factors, but it did ring true and a lot of that was a direct result of the Pristine facility, and that facility is right near Barkley Center and easy access and all of that. That does make a huge difference. And it was their home instead of sharing it to your point with the Devils like they did for years in New Jersey or being.
Speaker 1: I thought you met the Lakers there for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Nooklyn, Sorry, I'm talking to I'm talking to David Putty. Devils for sure, And yeah, I think it was huge. It just it was huge for them. It still is. It's a legit magnet for free agents. And when you're in New York or LA if you have that it does give you that extra lego.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun for Clipper nations to embrace having their own home and having a top tier, first class ten years ahead of any other arena in the world basketball court. It's the greatest place in the world to watch a basketball game. That's what it's going to be. So October twenty third, they're taking on the Phoenix Suns. Can't wait, baby, oh baby, let's get into I pushed this off for too long the Clippers off season. What could be to come with this team? We just had media day yesterday, But I want to start with Paul George leaving because that was the initial shoot to drop the big news and then he made a couple of comments calling them the B team in LA, saying they got stabbed in the back. His dad mentioned that he kind of signed off on it. I know he has a podcast. I know how that is. You can put your foot in your mouth sometimes you can talk too much. There isn't edit butter edit button. I would have edited that out. I not been live here. But how do you feel about Paul George at this point? What was your impression of him? Covering him for four years as a clipper.
Speaker 2: I would love edit butter. First of all, I'd love to know what that teams like, I.
Speaker 1: Can't believe it's added butter.
Speaker 2: Hey, my grandfather did the the commercials, several of them for Fleischmann's Margarine, which was essentially that I can't believe it's not butter. Before I can't believe it's not butter, where he played mister cholesterol. Look it up. It's high quality entertainment. And he was excellent in the role. If I do say so myself, that this was I think right after he was in the OJ Hurts commercials. But that's beside the point. That's that's a different story for us.
Speaker 1: Both involved a knife, a.
Speaker 2: Baby, just attention. All that to say with PG, I always had good experiences with Paul, and I do think that I just know this from broadcasting even and I know that you know this, and anybody who has gone to their boss after doing really good work in their eyes for years and said, I think I deserve a raise and your boss says no, You'll get emotional and sometimes irrational because you're like, how could they not see that? I think that people forget in all forms of business that it is just at the and the way I saw it with the Clippers and Paul, they saw him in one area and he had publicly said that he was number two to number one who wears number two, and he had made that pretty clear publicly again, and then he wanted to go back and say, but I should still be paid like the guy who wears number two. And I think the Clippers finally said, look, we're gonna pay you. Well, We're gonna pay you handsomely. You've said you wanted to retire with this organization, you said you wanted to you owe us a championship. You've said all of these things. You've handled yourself very well. You were the driving force to getting us to our first conference final, and we do appreciate that, but we also want to make sure that the team's competitive, competitive enough to do it. And I look at what Jalen Brunson has done in New York and saying I'll take slightly less so we can try to be as competitive as possible. And we see that every now and then across sports, but more than the other side. You see guys maximizing what they can make. And I can't blame a person for maximizing what they can make. It's a very finite period of your life that you're going to have this ability to go out there and make millions and millions of dollars. And Philadelphia was willing to pay him, what two hundred and twenty million over four years? How can he turn that down? And realistically, it didn't seem like the Clippers blamed him either. It didn't seem like there was ill will from the organization saying how dare you turn your back on us? Or they said we understand it's a business. And so that's what I go back to. But I do think that even when you get your money and you get it from somewhere else, there is this feeling of, well, that was wrong. They wronged me, because there's a motion that comes with this that's natural for any human being to feel. So I don't blame Paul for how he's handled himself, but he's going to have to go and prove it now on the court. I mean, that's been the case with him for years. Is it's time to prove it on the court. And the reality was last postseason was not kind for him. It was not a great series for Paul George, not quite what it was in twenty twenty one when he looked like he was that guy, a guy that could lead a team through a playoff run. He's playing now with two awesome, awesome players. Now all three of those guys are going to have to stay healthy. The Eastern Conference got a little more interesting in New York City, and the Boston Celtics are running back what was a juggernaut of a team, so they're going to have real competition, not to mention Milwaukee and Indiana and many of these other teams. I mean, I could go deep into both conferences. I'd say the West is a little bit more of a bloodbath, but that's for a deeper discussion. All this to say, I actually think that both sides kind of handled it the way I expected them to both handle this, And that's really where I'm getting at. And now the Clippers get to turn the page. And look, if you're a Clipper fan, you're saying, oh, this is not great that we don't have them. I would argue to think a little bit into the future here about what that contract would look and feel like in three years when he's going to be thirty seven years old and making What would it be sixty million dollars at that time. That's a lot of money for a guy who has dealt with a lot of injuries over the course of his career and is going to be making that much at thirty seven. So I just look at it as business and I'm happy for him that he got what he thought he deserved.
Speaker 1: How did you feel about the way the Clippers were able to retool and pivot kind of immediately into maybe more of a defensive oriented team with bringing in Derek Jones Junior, who was locking up Paul George at times in that first round series.
Speaker 2: I like the mentality. I think that they looked at it and said, look, they still have two premier players in James Harden and Kawhi Leonard, And to me, James Harden proved that with a couple of vintage performances in the playoffs. He wasn't great for the entire series, but he was great when they needed him to be to help them win a couple games. And their viewpoint is, well, if Kawhi is healthy, which obviously is a big if, and they're going to do things, I would say a little bit differently to try to ensure that this year into the playoffs. But if they had Kawhi and it was Kawhi and James, they feel like they could have won that series, especially now with these new additions that are younger, athletic and defensive, and that's it did feel like that's where they needed to get a little tougher, right. They got pushed around a little bit in that Dallas series. But I think a lot of people undervalue what Norm pala is capable of. I mean, this is a guy that he's more than capable of being a twenty point per game scorer. And in that series two years ago against Phoenix, when they didn't have Kawhi or Paul, Norm had a couple of massive games. So he had forty plus in a playoff game. That's not simple to do. I don't care who you are, we know that Terrence Man is a perfect role piece of Zubots. I still think gets undervalued around the NBA. And finally, even though it seems like now you quote unquote got paid, he still seems underpaid compared to a lot of guys around the NBA. So you still have this nucleus that you had built. I got to call him Minnesota game last year, so I got to see Cam Christy. I actually am a big fan of his, and I think that he has a chance, with the right development and with the right time, to be a legitimate NBA player. So you've got these guys that were already in your orbit, and then you add a Mobamba who look isn't necessarily what people anticipated he would be given the recruit He was a one and done guy, had a number one song on the chart about him, all that stuff. But he's still a serviceable piece, and he's going to be battling now with Kai Jones, and people forget about the Kai Jones thing, and Kai wasn't necessarily a similar both Texas guys, right, both guys who came out after a year and both projected to be something great. He wasn't that in Charlotte. But he's also younger than people think he is, and he's also uber athletic, and he's also an element that they haven't had in a long time since basically the Lob City days at that position. So I'm fascinated to see what Tilu can do with him. You bring back Nico, who we know just the vibe that he can bring and how that permeates through the rest of the team. So to me, they went in the right direction in how they wanted to build it out. They didn't overspend, they didn't overreact. They said, Okay, let's see what we have and if nothing else, we can reassess when the time is right.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Kawhi Leonard there, and maybe they'll revolutionize load management, because if anybody I think has earned the benefit of the doubt, it's Kawhi. We know his body has been betraying him the last four seasons. It's been really unfortunate. I'm open to pretty much anything at this point, and I think the Clippers are exhausting all avenues and leaving no stone unturned when it comes to figuring this thing out. And he spoke a little bit at media day yesterday, and we had Lawrence Frank and coach Lou's talking about it last week. But his knee still has some swelling. It's almost gone. And it sounds like from Shan Sharani on the report he had that Kawhi had a procedure back in May. Just where are you and you're thinking about Kawhi? And maybe I don't know how they could try to manage this and just get the most out of him now at the age of thirty three, and hopefully have him available for the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think obviously that's the goal is you want him for an extended playoff run, and that's gonna be wear and tear on the body come May and hopefully June. But I see it as this, I think for so many years, so what he's been five years with the team, he's already done five seasons. I think for these five seasons, the Clippers have operated with the Hey, we're gonna we're gonna publicly say how great everything is and not necessarily divulge the dark aspects of this. Now it feels like they're saying, Okay, you know what, people I think have right through that. Let's go the opposite way, and we're going to reveal maybe some of the stuff that we never would have in the past. And it's actually probably better than what they've said, because from what I've heard, he's on a better track than what it seemed like it was when Lawrence revealed all that stuff. From what I've heard, at least, and again Kawhi goes about at Kawhi's way. So I can only tell you from this game of telephone, But from what I'm hearing is he's pretty far along and he feels pretty good that he can get back there come opening day, and even if it's not opening day, that opening week, two weeks of the season, he should be good to go. The biggest key is to your point, now, once he is back, how do you manage that? Is it a minutes thing, is it a games thing? Is it a combination of the two? Which it likely will be. But I think that the first part of this is people have to stop giving a negative connotation to Kawhi. Leonard and load management think that they have to understand that his situation and circumstance is incredibly unique. Given what he has to deal with every single day with a degenerative knee. It's not something that is just a one time injury that he's managing the rest of his career. This is a multitude. It's an amalgamation of things that have come together now and he has to really manage it. And he's talked about it at great length that this isn't just about his playing career. This is about his post playing career as well. And I mean, I've been around enough of these guys, whether it's Doc Rivers or Sam Cassel or Tlu who played a long time in the NBA, and they look like their question marks when they're walking around, like literally the shape not questionable to play, but they're shaped. And Doc is hunched over and he would tell you it's from the wear and tear on his body. And there was no load management at the time. So I do think there's something to that, and a lot of these guys are starting to understand that there's two parts of it. The careers are lasting longer, which is a good thing given that the salaries are going up and you can maximize your spending. So Jeff Green can play for two decades, or Andre Gadala can play for two decades, or now Steph Curry or Lebron James or stars Kevin Durant who tours Achilles and is literally still playing at an incredibly high level. We can do that now, So there is something to managing that, so you can extend as long as you possibly can. And then there's the post playing side of it as well. So I do think that for Kawhi, they're gonna have to be extra cautious. I think that James looks like he's in great shape, which generally happens when he's back in a place for a second go around. He comes back ready to go and the rest of the team is going to have to pick it up. And Norman Powell has been very clear that he believes he should be starting. Now's the time to prove it. Bro. If you think that you're ready for that, if you think that you're capable of being an All Star, which he's talked about in the past, this is your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of chum in the water for guys competing for spots at training camp now in Hawaiian Honolulu. We'll have Carlo Jimenez on from Honolulu later tonight. So if I tell you Kawhi can play somewhere between fifty five and sixty five games, and the Clippers don't have any catastrophic injuries and they're relatively healthy, what do you think their ceiling is this season given the current roster construction.
Speaker 2: So that's the thing. I think that it's so hard to look forward in the Western Conference this year because everybody's good and everybody's ceiling is good. Like literally, I think thirteen out of the fifteen teams in the West. If they don't make the playoffs, are going to say this season was a complete and utter failure. I mean, just go down the list of the teams that were in the playoffs last year. Oklahoma City got better. Denver is going to be Denver. I know they lost KCP, but they're still going to be exceptionally good. And they believe Christian Brown is ready to take the step. Peyton Watson's ready to take the step. They still have Jokis the best player in the world, which he proved I would at the Olympics. Again, Yeah, you've got who was a three era Minnesota and they just traded away cat but and I'm curious what they do with Julius Randall. But Dante DiVincenzo was a massive addition for them. Anthony Edwards is ready in his mind to be the face of the league. McDaniels proved how valuable of a player he was. Rudy Gobert another defensive Player of the Year, probably should have been second place, but that's okay. He wins his fourth So they're gonna be back, right The Clippers believe that they're going to be back. Dallas made the finals last year. Now I'm curious how the Klay Thompson experiment works for them, But they believe they're going to be back even with slight changes to their roster. And then you just look down Phoenix. Why shouldn't they think with Kevin Durant and Devin Booker alone, And then if Beal looks any bit like the Beal of old, why wouldn't they believe that they're going to be ready to go. Tyas Jones is a great addition for them. And then there's teams that missed the playoffs like Memphis. To me, is the scariest team in the NBA right now because nobody he remembers how good John Moran actually is. Because of the last two seasons two years ago with all of his off the court stuff last year with the suspension leading right into the injury, that dude is, at his peak one of the most fun and difficult players to deal with in the NBA. Now you pair that with Marcus Smart, which we really didn't get to see, Desmond Bain, Jaron Jaction Junior, and I did a ton of Purdue last year. I can tell you this much. Zach Edy is a seven foot four of Vitza Zubots. All right, so put a Vita Zubots and add four inches to him. That's what zach Edy is capable. Now he's gonna have to work defensively to get there. As a rim protector, that's the one area. But offensively, his hands are ridiculous. Nobody understands how impressive he is catching the basketball. His finishing touch is off the charts, his footwork is elite, and so he's zoo. So imagine that. Now that's starting five with a bench with Gigi Jackson, who was awesome last year, et cetera, and many others. I mean, that's a team that's scary. Sacramento Lisdamar DeRozan, that's a team that's scary. The Lakers still have Lebron, who just proved at the Olympics that he's got a lot left. So that's a team that's scary. I just you go through. I mean Golden State, Golden State could be a completely under the radar team that's still scary. So it's so hard to predict now that what to answer the actual question on the ceiling of the Clippers. I still think that they're capable of winning a lot if those guys can play. I still think they're capable of being a playoff team, not a play in team, But I wouldn't know what to say once they get into the tournament because I think at that point all bets are off. This year in the Western Conference, yeah.
Speaker 1: I just love to see a healthy James Harden and Kawhi Leonard. I wouldn't care if they are a five or six seed. Nobody would want to see that team in a first round series, even at the top of the West. And I agree with you. Everybody forgets when Memphis was healthy, they were a second seed, they were a third seed. That's another team you kind of just have to think is going to be in the mix for a top five seed back in the West.
Speaker 2: They're going to be so good at him. That's my team. Where them in Oklahoma City to me are the scariest teams to deal with because look, we saw what Oklahoma City was capable of last year. Shake Gilgris Alexander Clipper fans know how good he is. I think that we all thought he would be an All Star, and the Clippers organization has very Vihetmaly said, we knew he would be an All Star. I don't think that they knew he was going to be an MVP level guy every year. I don't think anybody did. And he's built himself into that. He deserves a lot of credit. Ja Dubb and j will I hate that as a broadcaster, sucks, but Jalen Williams from Santa Clara is a stud. Lou Dort is an elite defender. Alex Caruso now elite defender. He is the prototypical championship level role player. You get another year of muscle on Chet Holmgren and then our favorite man, Isaiah Harten. Talk about a perfect fit. Talk about a guy who has really finally put himself on the map. We knew it the second we saw it. I will never forget. We go to training camp that year, so this would have been twenty one to twenty two season, the year after the conference finals, and we go to training camp in San Diego because it was still kind of the back half back end of COVID, so we weren't doing Hawaii and Kawhi got us at San Diego State. So we go and I was sitting next to Brian and Lawrence Frank and it was if you remember, I know you remember, But for those listening. Remember it was between Harry Giles and Isaiah Hartenstein for the final roster spot. Only one of them was going to get it, and it was literally a duel, and going in everyone thought Giles was going to be the guy. Everyone said, well, this was the number one recruit in the country, won and done. If it wasn't for injuries, he's gonna find it with this team. And day one, Brian and I looked at each other and were like, Oh, this is over. This guy's got it. And so we started talking to Lawrence where like, this guy's really good. He goes, yeah, we want to keep that a secret for as long as we can, and obviously they could keep it only so long. And I remember seeing Isaiah right after that season ended. I'm like, you're coming back, right, and he's like, I want to. I want to be back. I'm willing to take slightly less. I'm here to do it. He had to take that deal with New York. You know, he wasn't gonna get that money necessarily from the Clippers, and you just never know with your career what happens. But I'm so happy for him with the contract he got. However, that is brutal for the rest of the Western Conference, because that combination of what they've got in Oklahoma City has a chance to be insane. And I think the same could be said about Memphis, and I really think that they match up. Those two teams match up exceptionally well with one another. So it's gonna be fun to see some of those duels. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, he's gonna win sixty games this season, like they are going to say that.
Speaker 2: You say that, but you could say that about almost every team in the West, is my point. You can go down the list and you can just start saying, all right, well, like, if everything hits right and Anthony Edwards is the MVP, Minnesota could win sixty games this year. You could easily say. You could say Memphis, if John Moran is back to John Moran and these pieces clicked, they could win sixty games. You could say that about a number of the teams in the Western Conference, at least in my opinion. So yes, I think Oklahoma City going into the season is probably still looked at as the likely number one seed. That's why you gotta go play the games. You got eighty two. Let's see what you.
Speaker 1: Got Yeah, it's a gauntlin as it always is. I do think the East is probably the best it's been since Jordan left the Bulls in ninety eight. Like they're deeper, but and they're top heavier than they've been and they do have some depth. But the West to me is still hell.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest, I don't think it's even close. I I you can look at the East. So let's look at the East right now, just as an exercise. I think we know Boston, we know what they are right New York, we have an idea that they're going to be, at minimum the regular season excellent. Now I'm curious playoff time, with the minutes that Tibbs tends to play his guys, what that looks like. But they're going to be an excellent team. You say Philadelphia now with PG in the fold, they should be very good. They should be competing in there. Orlando got better with Kntavious Caldwell Pope, they should be fun. Cleveland still should be very good with Donovan Mitchell and company. You've got Indiana who went to the conference finals last year, that I think is good. But I think it's probably a slight tier below those teams we just mentioned. So outside of those those teams, you've got Atlanta, who I have very little faith in being a playoff team this year, Detroit very little faith in being a playoff team this year, Miami, who tends to be good, right, but we don't. It's just an known. It feels like it's just every year you have no idea which version of them you're going to get, and you know Spoe is going to coach the hell out of them. You just don't know. Milwaukee, we know is going to be in contention at minimum, but it does sound like they've got some stuff to figure out coming out of Bucks camp right now. Yeah, I would say, and then what Washington, Toronto, Charlotte and my good old Brooklyn Nets. I mean, do you believe in any of those teams?
Speaker 1: No, But compared to where the East was, where you had like two or three teams when Lebron was dominating that were even considered contenders.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know why that's the case though, because you had Lebron James and so anybody who was a free agent that said, okay, what's our best opportunity? Now Golden State was on the other side. But yeah, it was just how it was back in those glory days as they called it.
Speaker 1: There's at least six or seven now really good teams in the East that could compete. I think two thousand and nine was the last time the East beat the West in head to head records during regular season matchups, Like it's only happened once. Something near. Yeah, it's been a long time. The West is still the West is still the West, and it is going to be held and every night and every game is going to matter more for the Clippers because of this.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just looking through of the Western Conference. I forgot Houston, Like Houston's gonna be that are really tough. Yeah, they're gonna be a tough team, and they're really well coached. I forgot. I mean, I'm curious, what is San Antonio gonna look like? Now? I saw Weben Yama go up against Team USA and go toe to toe by you know, with himself. By the way, that was the other big signing for Philadelphia, Yabu.
Speaker 1: For Duncan on broad Dude.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing maybe I saw on Twitter after the Olympics was that they were calling him ben Wah Wallace. No, sorry, Ben Ye, Ben Ye Wallace ben Yay Wallace is an elite nickname.
Speaker 1: It's no zeeal Cinder, but I like it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He is the great Noah Eagle, king of the nicknames, pronunciations, and just all around star when it comes to broadcasting, which is why I nicknamed him the young Goat. Like I don't know, midway through the first year you were with the Clippers, like I had seen enough. I had seen enough of Lebron in two thousand and seven and be like, this guy could be the best player ever. I had seen enough of Noah Eagle already halfway through his first year calling games with the Clippers, where I said, no, Moss, I'm good. I know this guy is him. This is the one, and you've only proven that more and more over the years. And I couldn't be prouder to have worked with you. I knew him when Noah Eagle working with the Clippers for four seasons, and now I can't wait to see what happens here in the future. And I'm watching every big ten Saturday night. Now, I do love the broadcast because NB I've been saying this for years. First of all, you know I have hardcore nostalgia for the nineties basketball and NBC and John Tesh and round Ball Rock and blah blah blah blah blah basketball and all these things. But they have the best production. You guys have the best cameras. I'm a stickler, I'm a video file type guy or whatever it's called. I want to see my s and four K. I know what, I'm watching a game on NBC. It's gonna look pristine.
Speaker 2: That is definitely a point of importance that I've realized when I've gotten there is they stress that they stress the cuts, the production, the quality and all of it is top tier. So yes, I appreciate you saying that. I do appreciate you always tuning in, which I know you do. And in terms of the Young Goat nickname, I'm glad. I'm very pleased that Carlo has now gotten that same love because it is deserved. It is very much deserved, so I'm happy to pass it along to him.
Speaker 1: The Young go two point zero will be on with me a little bit later tonight.
Speaker 2: Two is that YG two YG two.
Speaker 1: That is Carlo Jimenez, and he'll be on the call for the Clippers taking on the Golden State Warriors Saturday in Honolulu Game one of the preseason. Noah Eagle will be on Big ten Saturday night on NBC on the Big Channel here it's Channel four in Los Angeles, Colin Michigan at Washington, a rematch of the championship game last season. Noah, my friends, it's been a blast. Thanks so much for doing this and staying long. And I should mention this episode was basically sponsored by the New York Mets, because if they hadn't won that game and Noah was sweating it out here, I don't know if he would have been able to come on with me. So thanks for handling your business there, Mets.
Speaker 2: I don't know a team of destiny vibes slight team of destiny vibes. I guess we're gonna find out. All I gotta say is OMG and thank you Grimace.
Speaker 1: Jason Smith somewhere is laughing watching this. Uh, Noah, thanks for doing this once again here on Clipperstock DOUBLEA.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you and with the season around the corner, can't.
Speaker 1: Wait for Noah Eagle. I'm Adam Oslin. Coming up. A little bit later, we got Carlo Jimenez live from Honolulu, Hawaii with an update on training Camp, Day one in Hawaii on the Islands. This has been a blast. We'll talk to you guys later at follow out of May for the up