Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing Amos has coming Living Money's property of all time. Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your master. Can you dig it? Can you did it? Where you did? Allowed to play? Allowed to play?
Speaker 2: Come out to.
Speaker 1: Come out to play.
Speaker 3: The first, the wolves in the first.
Speaker 1: The sun is rising. Don wake up, wake up now, don't boy. We're on here to show you.
Speaker 4: How Jenn Witz horses Glas Station K and mo G Homerica listens.
Speaker 1: Is a family be don't turn down title jus.
Speaker 4: Wait and say.
Speaker 5: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: John?
Speaker 1: It's time to start the show.
Speaker 5: Plastick I cry.
Speaker 1: About press Jo. It's a Big Man Mars Show.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the work in the week.
Speaker 1: It's on such a bore kick back, makes up that up it and make it hardcore.
Speaker 5: Hay you whisby and then less picked up your soul. There line you're on the air on good Morning.
Speaker 3: It's the Big Man Morning Show.
Speaker 1: BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two, nine four five listen online website that rocks That's kmody dot com. Pass shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS. Listen with your cell phone. Get the iHeartRadio app available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com. And we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, Slash, BMMS six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning, Good morning can.
Speaker 5: Be the morning.
Speaker 3: We've got tickets to give away guns n' roses.
Speaker 1: You see, you're gonna be up at thunder Ridge Nature in Her Arena in Ridge Dele, Missouri.
Speaker 3: You see Saturday, September twelfth, you see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, tickets available thunder Ridge Nature Arena dot Com. We'll see what Lindsay wants to talk about. We've got fill in the blank news. We've got our top five songs and today Farmer in the Dell would be pretty happy because it's top five songs with some kind of wildlife in the title.
Speaker 3: Deep Bench.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it sure is. Uh.
Speaker 1: Who is the guy that would go on Johnny Carson with animals?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's it's not Shock who Stove? No duh Hannah Hannah, Hannah, Hannah, Canna, Hannah, Hannah, Hannah Hannah want of It's not Daryl Hannah, No Jack Hannah Jack?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it Jack Hannah? I believe what is that a name lends? He's going to talk about it now?
Speaker 4: Ah animal got with Jim Fowler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack canna give you nailed it? Oh yeah, Jack Hannah live or dead? Oh yeah, nobody's life. Oh good old seventy nine got Jack Hannah.
Speaker 5: Too old to be wrestling animals anymore? Who do you?
Speaker 4: What do you?
Speaker 3: He hasn't had post since twenty four he.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's probably good for the death pool next year.
Speaker 1: The last time I saw a picture of him, he did not look like what you thought he should look like. You're like, oh, yeah, he's he's age is getting him as it does es. Yeah, that's a fun list too. Top animal handler people.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, yeah, I think you got Jack Hannah. Steve Irwin, his daughter I know, is kind of and really good. Yeah yeah, uh Cousteau, Jane Goodall Okay, yeah, I worked strictly with monkeys and primates and stuff, but still considered an animal handler.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's another one out there that I'm forgetting that we would see come on TV a lot, right, Yeah, Steve Irwin's got to be the famous, most famous. Jane Goodall probably she did too. Oh yeah, not too long ago. Last year, my daughter got into Jane Goodall and was learning about her, and she like a year after she died, and I was like, oh, she just died.
Speaker 3: And her she was destroyed.
Speaker 1: Really because it had been so recently, like she feels like she missed out on something. And I was like, ah, it's not like we would have got to meter right, right, it's if you know the story of Jane Goodall, it's really wild because one they weren't gonna let females do that stuff. And she was like, I'm just gonna go in the woods in the jungle and I'll just sit there. And she sat there forever, and people are like, what are you doing? So no one had ever done that, No one had ever been immersed with the gorillas, right, right.
Speaker 5: It's usually done in a captive kind of stay, you know zoos from Afar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, protected a barrier of some sort. Maybe they sit inside a cage while they do it to protect themselves. And she was like, eh, and now rightfully, so she's looked at as a brilliant mind.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: She had a huge influence in the Tulsa Zoo. A lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 1: And she did this and everybody was like, oh, she crazy, right, discounted everything she did because no one was doing it that way, and you're like, no, let her do it.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 1: And just in Pioneer funny how those things. I love those types of stories. We're like, they're just deemed to be insane. And here's the crazy part about those stories. Over ninety percent of them, they are insane. Yeah, right, they are insane people and it doesn't work out. There's the story of the guy who was like, I'm gonna go take a religion to this Aboriginal island. They've never met people. It's supposed to be dangerous. If they just get this religion into their life, they will see the light, goes to the island, steps foot off of the boat, and they kill him.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: He had the warning.
Speaker 1: Yep, but gosh whatever, they'll listen to me. Yeah, And so I'm just saying that, like, people are crazy. There's another story where somebody a very similar story and they went and or her husband went and I think it might be the story, and he died and then she was like, well, it's gonna be my mission.
Speaker 3: Now, what do you think happened?
Speaker 5: They got hurt too, They killed her too, Yeah, probably Rare.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think they had it. Maybe after. I'm just saying like there was no mercy. You're an intruder.
Speaker 5: We don't know you.
Speaker 1: There's a book called The Wager and it is about and like in the eighteen hundreds and a book a boat taking people and goods and services around the Horn of Africa, right, and it's very dangerous. The water's very rough and dangerous, right, and I'm sorry South in South America and they go around the Horn of South America and it i mean known for destroying boats.
Speaker 3: Well, this boat crashes.
Speaker 1: They're all living on this island trying to survive, and the book is about them killing each other and then they somehow make it back to England and they stand trial, right right, accountability man. And but while they're there, they're trying to survive and they meet some natives and they try to be nice to the natives, and the natives are like, eh, right, you stay there, we don't want you coming even close to us. Sure, right, and they're like they give them, they try to give them like what they have to show that they're friends.
Speaker 3: And then natives are like okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and kill them. Yeah, that's good. Thank you think you die.
Speaker 5: Moarnings. Man.
Speaker 1: People look like they're being crazy, but you're on foreign land. You got to be careful.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, you are the enemy to them, and foreign.
Speaker 1: Land can also include gorillas. Some people like corner a dog. No, he's domesticated, he's still an animal, exactly.
Speaker 5: That's right. Did your dog bite not me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great answer.
Speaker 5: By the way.
Speaker 4: That's why when someone asks me, I'm like, yeah, he does. He's a dog, yeah, playing or not?
Speaker 1: Because my kids love dogs and they always want to pet the dog a dog they see, right, I'm like, you always ask, and you always know it can yeah.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: And they're like now now they're like, I don't know, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it probably won't, but it can happen. You never know, there's an anomaly. Why Because they're wild animals, right right, right. They resort to what they know.
Speaker 1: One of the interesting things about fighters, and what I love about MMA is it's mixed martial arts.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: You're learning a bunch, you're taking, applying a bunch of different skill sets in fighting and combining them, but you always have one that you lean on.
Speaker 3: Right, right. And wrestlers are a great example.
Speaker 1: They are usually people that wrestled and get into MMA are great wrestlers, and they learn these other skill sets and they're good at them, and they acquire them pretty fast, and they're very comfortable with learning the discipline of them.
Speaker 3: But the moment they get in trouble, guess what they do?
Speaker 1: They wrestle, Yeah, and do and are really good at it, like supreme level, and they get they whoop people because of it. Occasionally not, but most of the time wrestler's like, I'll just wrestle them and suffocate them until they exhaust and then I'll beat them up, right, And that's It's a fascinating thing to watch. That's what I loved about triathlons. You have somebody who's really good at one thing and they are not good at other things. Swimmers, man, I remember swimmers would jump in and they'd swim really in and out.
Speaker 3: I'd be barely off the shore.
Speaker 1: And they'd already be out, and you're like, yeah, they guess who I'd pass on the bike.
Speaker 5: In the run?
Speaker 1: Yeah the swimmers, yeah, or one of the other people were really good. They wouldn't do good at that but running, they would smoke everybody Like, I'm not worried them in the last place. It's fine.
Speaker 5: That's the benefit of triathlon. You got options, right.
Speaker 3: Well you have three, you know, you don't have a lot of options.
Speaker 5: I don't have to exceed in this one. But as long as I beat them and the other one, we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really schizophrenic this morning.
Speaker 5: But all.
Speaker 1: One of my craziest moments in doing the trathlon was doing my first open water swim. For those that are know, the trathlon's three events swimming, running, and biking, right, sorry, swimming, biking and running in that order. And in the trathlon that I did the open water not very far seven hundred meters swim, twelve mile bike, three point two run right, all in order. And the swim my weakest part. And I do this open water swim and they say, bam, go. And I had been practicing open water swims working with the Tulsearria traathletes and like training and stuff for open water swims because it's a different beast. Yeah, I get in the water and it's like a toddler splashing their arms in the water, like it's so rough. People are hitting you swimming here you're getting kicked and you're like, like I completely forget everything that I'm supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: Sure, and I'm just like, don't drown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's a mob of people that go all at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's not just one time, two hundred next, Yeah, all trying to go to one tech point and back.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: And I just rolled my back and like just float stupid, I'm trying not to die.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The tiddlers to do the kayaker comes over and he's like, you're good, and I'm like, for now. Another traplin I did it was in the Jinks pool where they do swim and you do a snake, So you go just down and back down and back down and back right, so you're at the perimeter on the edge. You always touch one edge, but you're on one side of the pool, and then you you're in the middle and you work to the other side.
Speaker 5: Right. Yeah, seems simple enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also I almost drowned in that one.
Speaker 4: Is there a reason why they make you go in that order swimming first and then biking and running.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's off.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a logical reason, but I can't get to where it's at I guess the running's the easiest.
Speaker 3: Swimming's really hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I would rather have ended on swimming just to cool. That would be my cool off.
Speaker 3: Again. It is the most physically demanding I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one thing like when you just get in, you're kind of splash. Right, Yeah, this is my cool off period. I've done ren a bike. I'm wonna relax. No, you have to actually physically move a lot and breathe. Y are Yeah, because it's still a race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plenty, be on or floating with their mimosa or whatever. By guys, listen, we're closing the pull. You haven't even you're not done. It's been fourteen hours, right, Yeah. I always found the bike the easiest.
Speaker 5: That seems until you go uphill. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I deliberately would search courses and go nope, not doing that one.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: There's one that goes out to the O Sage Mountains and you're like, Nope, more pass.
Speaker 5: I'll take the downhill ride. But climbing up yeah, nope.
Speaker 1: And usually you're such in a u fort crazy state that by the run you just like you're somewhere else, right, You're just like foot in front.
Speaker 5: Of the other. Let's get it done and over with.
Speaker 1: If you ever go to a trathlon, the best place to go, ah, this is gonna be hurtful.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The best place you should go to watch the trathlon is at the bike to run turn. Okay, so where that is is where they come off the bike and they get off the bike and they have to mount their bike and then put their shoes on and run. A lot of people will not wear socks that ride a bike, so they can slip out. They leave their shoes clipped in because the transition is really important, and you leave your shoes clipped in, and then you can just put your socks on and put your shoes on and go right right. You have anything you need already set aside, so you just grab it and run. Well, the problem is been riding your bike twelve twenty four, whatever the duration of miles are. When you get off that bike, you are a deer, a baby deer, rubber leg and unless you're highly trained, so you get off and you're like, you suddenly have cerebral palsy. Yeah, pere pals But if you know someone who has cerebral palsy, and sometimes they struggle to stand or walk.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, motor skills aren't quite all there.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it's sadly one of the more entertaining spots to watch trathlon.
Speaker 5: I just watch people stumble over themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and their ability to keep going. They know they're in danger and they keep going.
Speaker 5: Why.
Speaker 1: I think marathons are fascinating and they run and then the very end they're just like, keep keep going.
Speaker 3: And they can't. They've worked so hard for and they just can't do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Another one is you can watch Trathlon's the championships around Thanksgiving. They'll air it on TV and it shows them in Hawaii running through the lava fields. Okay, and you're like, it's why well yeah, but there's also molten lava on each side of the road and the heat is insane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's brilliant. That makes them run faster. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to take a break. All start Stopper in. Tickets to Guns and Roses are on the line, Plus we got our top five songs.
Speaker 3: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to the Big Man Morning Shoe.
Speaker 3: News quikies, it's time for news quakies.
Speaker 5: World news, local news, and news that just.
Speaker 3: Makes you say what.
Speaker 5: Here's Corbyn, Gimpi and Lindsay with what's going on news Quakies from The Big Man Morning Show in ninety seventy.
Speaker 4: Machete hatchet brawl lands two men in jail. This happened last Tuesday in Panama City, Florida, at a public's parking lot. So two guys, let's see, let's see. Everett Critschbaum, who's fifty two years old, was in his car when James Gay, who's thirty five, drove up and stopped near him. After a verbal altercation, James Gay exited his vehicle and approached James Gay name.
Speaker 5: Why good? Yeah, gay guy? Did it?
Speaker 1: Are you gay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 5: You look gay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 5: Runs in the family.
Speaker 3: I'm gay, been gay for decades.
Speaker 5: I come from a family of gaye Hey.
Speaker 1: Did you marry that gay guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a gay.
Speaker 5: I'm gay. My dad's gay, his dad was gay.
Speaker 3: I'm not gay, he's gay.
Speaker 1: Get it right.
Speaker 4: He exited his vehicle and approached Chrisbaum in an aggressive manner. From that.
Speaker 3: Exactly, I choked my spit.
Speaker 4: Then returned to his ride, retrieved a machete and struck Chrischbaumb in the face with the sheathed weapon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 4: Krichbomb then told Belie that.
Speaker 3: Gay guy atten another guy with his weapon.
Speaker 5: Yep. Okay, that he.
Speaker 4: Initially brandished a hatchet in an attempt to.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: During the struggle over both weapons, the men each sustained hand injury.
Speaker 5: A little swords Right there in the middle, Harry.
Speaker 4: James Gay struck Critchbomb in the head, rendering him unconscious. And since Chrischbaum was unconscious, he reportedly stopped him to the ground and uh knocked him out even more. I guess he admitted to just beating him to a pulp. Yeah. And a review of the public surveillance video contributed to the police determination that Gay was the confrontations primary aggressor. Charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. He's locked up in the lieu of fifty grand. That's how much his bond is. Chris Bomb being gay yep. Chrischbaum, also charged with aggravated battery, was booked into the county jail, where bond was yet to be set. Gay was released from state prison in twenty twenty four after serving twelve years in connection with a twenty eleven killing of a Florida teenager. Police alleged that he used a chain that was wrapped around his hand to strike a young Jacob Hendershot, sixteen years old, in the face, causing a fracture to his skull below his right eye, and his defendants then subsequently murdered the child.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, damn well that escalated quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was messing with a dangerous guy.
Speaker 3: Dangerous gig guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Woman arrested after stabbing a horse multiple times in front of a child.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 5: So, there's this gal, she works at this ranch, and apparently there's this kid there who was there, uh for therapy, using the ranch as therapy, you know, a little yeah, equestrian therapy. The Broken Warrior Ranch here in town does that for veterans and stuff. Okay, so this is the thing, and apparent apparently this horse was acting up and this woman just all out stabs this horse multiple times with a knife and then whips it out of frustration over it behavior. Of course, the kids like what the heirl was going on, tells their parents about it, The parents tell the police, The police go out there. She admitted to it. They found the horse that had been stabbed several times was underweight. They found other horses that were not up to par as well, they went ahead and arrested this woman on felony animal abuse, all right, and then two misdemeanor accounts as well.
Speaker 3: His name wasn't gay though. Huh No, he wasn't gay.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't even give her name.
Speaker 1: So mother who put human waste in child's ivy pleads guilty. Yeah, this happens in Ohio, where she's pleading guilty to child engangement.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Thirty six year old Tiffany Lissu of Lucas County has been sentenced to three years of community control. Authorities say she injected feces into the ivy line while the child was hospitalized due to a suspected abuse back in February. Officials said the victim was treated by doctors immediately. A follow up hearing for her is scheduled for next April. That must be that, you know, motherly instinct, right, And it's not clear why.
Speaker 4: And her sentence was three years community control.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm guessing that's like probation. I would guess, okay, wouldn't you?
Speaker 4: I guess what is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she played guilty of the misdemeanor counter childngagement. Instead of prison, she received three years of probation, with another court hearing scheduled for April of twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Uh. Yeah, it's the legal term for probation, So you give.
Speaker 4: Your child basically, I mean that I would assume that would cause sepsis.
Speaker 3: I don't well.
Speaker 1: Sepsis is infection of the blood. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. They have video of it showing shoved her. Showed her going into a bathroom with a cup and coming back putting what appeared to be fecal matter into a syringe and injecting it directly into the ivy line of the child's hand. Staff, of course called police. They decided that her future visits with the child will be closely monitored.
Speaker 4: Closely monitor.
Speaker 5: We'll keep an eye on her.
Speaker 1: How about she can she can watch from the window. According to the complaint, she apparently did it again or attempted to do it again. Staff saw her going to the bathroom with a cup and then returned to the child with syringe. Police detained her at the hospital while doctors treated the child. She was arrested the next day. So this is all within the three day period. The original child engagement allegation included language involving torture, cruel abuse, a much more serious version of the offense. After arrest, she was ordered to stay away from her child and have no unsupervised contact with minor.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: Mind boggling why it.
Speaker 3: Falls under Munchausen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, where for those who know it's where like a care giver deliberately makes their kid sick or creates a medical crisis. There's no evidence that she's been diagnosed with that disease or that psychological order. And putting fecal matter directly into an ivy potentially induces bacteria straight into the bloodstream, creating a risk of sepsis and potentially death.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how does one get to that point? Like, I'm going to take care of this child, but I want to do it in a way that's got to be traceable. Right, Clearly she got caught, But even if she wouldn't have gotten caught in the act or whatever, or they wouldn't have figured out I mean.
Speaker 4: Did it say what that child was in the hospital for initially?
Speaker 5: No. And furthermore, that's a lot of steps to take to try to take a child out.
Speaker 1: I just know how prosecutors went from this a really serious allegation to probation.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, first time first offense had a really good lawyer.
Speaker 4: But we're talking about a child. Yeah, and they allowed her a second visit. They still allowed her to go back and see this child.
Speaker 1: Well, right, But I think there's probably a scenario that exists where there's some debate about what happened and they're like, you have only under supervision. Can we don't trust you now right? I'm not sure on the legality of a hospital not allowing a parent to be with their minor child.
Speaker 3: In a hospital.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you.
Speaker 4: Take a child in for and I mean I can only go by what I see on shows like the Pit, but you take a child and with bruises, and they call in the DHS or whomever, and then they question you, and until an investigation is cleared, you can't see that child, your child in the hospital.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, I think there still has to be some sort of authority figure that's responsible for the minor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they would call someone else.
Speaker 3: If there is someone else.
Speaker 1: Not everybody has someone else, right, And I'm not saying that's a reason to not follow through with the investigation or anything, but I would imagine there would need to be an investigation, and while that's happening, they're like, you can be in here supervised.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, Oh, where'd she gets the syringe?
Speaker 5: Probably stole it off a cart I mean they were in a hospital, right, Yeah, so that wouldn't be that hard to find one.
Speaker 3: Huh. I just don't feel like they leave those lane around. But maybe they don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or maybe maybe she's a diabetic and already had a syringe. That's possibility as well, you know, but to go to the bathroom do that in a cup, you gotta make sure that it's able to be injectable, you know what I mean. I'm trying to rainly possible here. But that's a lot of steps you don't have to you can just think, I guess you know what I'm saying. People.
Speaker 1: That's the thing about crimes that people think they've been thought through carefully. That's not necessarily true. Some are, but people are just being reactive and doing things.
Speaker 4: Maybe she stuck her hand into the used.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, syringeous didn't you think that's where she was going?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, okay, good, all right? Island we got Yeah, so that's when we were talking about. All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 3: Morning Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn.
Speaker 4: We want you to enter to win a pair of tickets to see Gabriel Iglesias, but are known as Filuffy the comedian perform live at the Cove at the River Spirit Casino September nineteenth. You can just hop online to Kmodi dot com to get those tickets, or if you're listening to us on the free iHeartRadio app, hit up that contestab and while you're at it, enter tow win those tickets to see the show from the front row the silver seats. Good luck from our friends at cores Light.
Speaker 5: Good morning Gimpie, Well, good morning Corbyn. The Drillers are back in action this week. They are taking on the Arkansas Travelers. I want you to come out tomorrow night for a Thursday Thursday. It's Ranch Dipper's T shirt giveaway nights, So first thousand fans are gonna get a free T shirt. I'll be throwing out your first pitch. I can normally do buy a tickets online at Toulsa Drillers dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see what Lindsay's got today as I'm almost ready.
Speaker 6: Linsen, Linsy Linsen, Linzen l and Dsy Lindsy Lindsey, Lindsey.
Speaker 4: It's me what Mancy? Okay, this is a public service announcement for anyone listening that may need an emergency contact. I'm fine with being that person for you, but just let me know first. That's all you gotta do. Please, So here's the deal. On Sunday, I think I told you on Monday that I was chilling in the pool, just having a lazy Sunday with a friend of mine, just relaxing in the sun. And what I didn't mention about that day was my phone rang. It was around three forty five in the afternoon, and it was a number that I didn't recognize, so I let it go to voicemail. Now what happens normally if you don't recognize you think it's spam, don't leave a message, they hang up right. Well, two minutes later, my phone dings and a voicemail was left on my phone, so I check it, and after listening to the voicemail, I first was confused, and then I became concerned because the message was from a place called rapid Radiology calling on behalf of a patient that they currently had in their care, and they were to administer a CT scan for okay, And they gave the patient's name and birth date, and they needed to know whether or not they should administer the CT scan with gastrographin, which is like for contrast, so they can get certain types of imaging. The patient said yes, but the order said no, and the patient was adamant. Yes, I need it. My doctor said so. And they didn't know if whether or not this patient was allergic to it or not. And it didn't say on the order whether or not this patient was allergic to it. And apparently I was the emergency contact.
Speaker 3: Does it work like that? Do they let a patient tell them what they should do?
Speaker 4: I have no idea, but apparently this patient was adamant and they were told to call the emergency contact. Huh. So I'm confused, and I'm like I and I had the name, they had the name, and I'm I don't know this person. And in the birthday and the birthday this person is twelve years older than me. And this is on a Sunday, on a Sunday afternoon, at three forty five in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: So did they just dial the wrong number.
Speaker 3: I already know what's going on.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: So I'm thinking to myself, Okay, here's why I become concerned. Because it is a Sunday and someone is getting I've never had I've had a CT scan if had MRIs sure, never on a Sunday. So I'm thinking I become concerned because it's a Sunday like so someone this must be an emergency situation. I'm thinking, and I look up this company. It's it's to my knowledge when I'm finding they are actually in Texas.
Speaker 3: So you have phone rings and it says a local numbers.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a one eight six six number.
Speaker 3: Girl, don't answer your phone.
Speaker 4: I didn't answer it, right, I didn't. It was a voicemail message.
Speaker 3: That they Oh I thought you were talking to this person.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, this is I'm listening to this voicemail message. So I become concerned because someone needs They have me down as their emergency contact in Texas apparently, so so I call they leave their number to call them back because they can't administer this CT scan without this information. And this is the hospital that left enough, this is the radiology company. Yes, where this patient is located currently, So I'm concerned. I go to because they leave me the patient's name. I go into my contacts on my phone.
Speaker 5: Do I know?
Speaker 4: Because I'm like, do I know this person? I go into Facebook, I go into my Instagram, I go I go onto all my social media contacts. I do not have this person listed anywhere. So I call the number back. I ask for the person that left me the voicemail. You do, yes, I do, because I'm concerned now because this person needs a CT scan and that's a death thing. Well, but it's on a Sunday, so it must be in an emergency situation.
Speaker 3: CT scans are not life or death.
Speaker 1: Well, I call back.
Speaker 4: And I say, I am returning to this call that I just received about ten minutes ago. And she says, yes, how can I help you? And I say, this is the patient's name, this is their birthdate, and she goes, yes, thank you for calling us back. I need to know whether or not this patient, Jane Doe, is allergic to gasper garaffin. And I said, I do not know because you have the wrong person. And she says, your number is blank, blank Blake. This is Lindsay. She knew my name she had my name and number as the emergency contact, and I said, you've got me. I do not know this person.
Speaker 5: It sure was some kind of scam. It's a scam.
Speaker 3: How yeah, how yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, your name's on a mailing list, your name and numbers on a mailing list somewhere, and somebody got hold of it and they're like, we're going to try to do whatever to get da da da da da.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's pause.
Speaker 1: If this is true and not a scam, did you talk to the patient because they're having a CT scam?
Speaker 3: They're not dead, no, right, right?
Speaker 4: But what would they be scamming me out of? What would they what would be the purpose of scamming me?
Speaker 1: They get you to be sympathetic, empathetic, and then you lower your guard.
Speaker 5: So, by the way, this person needs twenty five hundred dollars to make this surgery or whatever happened.
Speaker 1: Right, You're great, we can authorize this. They just need help with paying for it. Did you did you say, can I speak to the patient?
Speaker 4: I did not. I did not?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 4: The only thing I said was I am sorry, I do not. I am not affiliated with that patient. That's all I ended up saying. And she said, okay, I will, I'm sorry for the confusion, and I will remove your name and number.
Speaker 5: And they just said your first name. They say your first name.
Speaker 4: They didn't save my last that's also a red flag.
Speaker 5: That's us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's I think it's you. You were getting fished.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the company is absolutely legit.
Speaker 3: I mean, you found it online, right, I did, and the numbers match up.
Speaker 5: Anybody can can copy a page, a phone number, a phone number and address whatever you know, and make it look legit. My brother was just telling me about this yesterday. He found some company on on TikTok, you know, and he wanted to do some business with him. And I was like, I remember last time you found a company on Facebook, you wanted to get some shorts and you gave him twenty five dollars and you still have to get to get your shorts. I was like, might want to watch out for that sort of thing. He's like, well, I did some googling and you know they got you know, local Alabama address Da da da dadas. Like anybody can make that up. Anybody can make a web page make that up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it just doesn't feel like I mean, the place was called rapid Radio. Doesn't feel like I'm I made up.
Speaker 1: That completely sounds like I'm made of name. We do radiology super fast. You're in, you're at apparently not all right?
Speaker 4: They're they're out of Lake Way, Texas.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what what does that do with thing? You can?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: You can mask somebody's phone number and act like them.
Speaker 4: I mean the phone numbers are the same.
Speaker 3: Did you hear what I just said?
Speaker 4: You can mask someone's phone number?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: That means they can imply that they are them, make the phone number look like they're calling from that number.
Speaker 5: Here's a fun one for you. Rapid Radiology is legitimate medical telep radiology provider, but the company has recently faced scrutiny due to a major twenty twenty five ransomware data breach and common medical billing confusion. If he received an unexpected bill or text message from quote rapid Radiology, it might not be a scam. When you visit the emergency room, urgent care or hospital for an X ray, MRI or CT scan, the facility often outsources the reading of that scan to an off site group like Rapid Radiology. This results in a separate independent physician bill that surprises many patients. However, scammers frequently use the names of real medical providers to send fake bills. The following guide details how to verify deadadada. So a lot of that has to do with billings. But either way, they have they have been victims of ransomware.
Speaker 4: So well, yeah, but so has our hospitals here too.
Speaker 1: And if this person had you as an emergency contact and they needed your assistance, why didn't they just personally call you when you told when they were like, heyr emergency contacts had get bent right? You know you said the city, I don't remember. You don't need to say it again. Do you know anybody in that area?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Again, it only so here.
Speaker 1: I got a call and somebody would like, hey, we're calling you about your data request. I was like, I don't know who that is. Didn't answer it. They called in the next day. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 3: Didn't answer it.
Speaker 1: Right, a couple of weeks, I got charged for something that I canceled a couple of months ago. I called him back and said, Yo, you're charging me. I canceled this. It's like you didn't answer the call when we called. I informed them that never on the call was this about my cancelation is about a data request that doesn't add.
Speaker 5: Up to me doing some more digging on this. On the Internet, unsolicited communications claiming to be rapid radiology or demanding immediate action regarding emergency contacts are highly likely to be scams. Scammers frequently use names of vague medical centers, radiology clinics, or building departments to strike PAMs into victims seeking to steal personal information or credit card numbers. This is what it goes. Common tactics used in this scam the quote emergency contact scare. Scammers call or text stating you are listed as an emergency contact for someone sound familiar Lindsey who has been admitted to the hospital, or they need to verify your information immediately, and then it goes on into the fake bills that I talked about earlier. They use urgency and threats. They'll pressure you to pay over the phone or click a link immediately, threatening that the debt will go into collections. Da da da da da da da. Don't click any links, hang up and call directly. If a caller claims a loved one isn't an emergency hang up, call your family member or the hospital directly using a known, trusted number. That's where it's at lendsy. Because you didn't know this person. You couldn't call the person who said that they are your emergency contact. Yep, because you didn't know the person. This is one hundred percent was a scam.
Speaker 4: And the name that they that they gave it sounds like it could be a legit person.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's how scams work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you are targeted by the scam, report the phone numbers and messages to the FTC.
Speaker 1: Great text right here, I'm a CT technician at a hospital. If there was a discrepancy with the order, for contrast, we don't contact the family. We contact the ordering physician to clarify under.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, And that was what when my friend and I were like, this is so weird. Maybe they thought that maybe they got the number wrong in thinking that you are the ordering physician. You like my phone number?
Speaker 3: They just said emergency contact.
Speaker 4: I know exactly, so why would you think I know?
Speaker 3: But that's what we initially were getting scammed. Here this is the golden rule.
Speaker 1: You want to help people out public service announcement, don't answer your phone.
Speaker 3: If you don't know the number into sentence right.
Speaker 4: Well I didn't answer it.
Speaker 1: Don't call them back, right, don't engage because now they have your name, phone number, and you've you've proven that that's correct, and they have your voice.
Speaker 5: The voice samples, especially with AI.
Speaker 3: Did you ever say the word yes?
Speaker 5: Hi? Is this Lindsey.
Speaker 4: No, they didn't ask that.
Speaker 1: But if it gets you to say yes, now they have you in your voice saying yes. So if you go to court and they can go play audio you going yes, I authorize this purchase.
Speaker 5: What if you do in a foreign language?
Speaker 3: You look very skeptical right now.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think if I said yes to anything.
Speaker 3: They can manipulate that. Do not answer. This is what I tell people I care about.
Speaker 1: If you don't answer it, if you don't know, because even if it's legit, they'll call back, they'll send mail. We're getting contacted right now by somebody that wants to talk to us about our life insurance and just want to because it's been a few.
Speaker 5: Years and we want to make sure it's the right address. And and I don't know this company. I've never used them. I ain't calling them back. I pay my premium. They know how to get a hold of me via mail or email should there be a problem. So they're trying to sell me something. If it's legitimate, they will contact you a different way. I get called from a local grocery store and they're calling me a lot to tell me my prescriptions are ready.
Speaker 1: I don't go to this grocery store. I just ignore the phone call. Now, that's probably a really true miss number written down wrong? Yeah, right, Uh, I ain't calling to deal I ain't dealing with it. Life is already hard. Why am I adding? Why would I add? Did you take on any anguish about this and worry.
Speaker 4: A little? I guess because I called it back.
Speaker 5: Did the operator that answer the phone you call back have a foreign accent? No, that doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: But still, so many text we have to answer unknown numbers for prizes we win through, y'all.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 5: That is true.
Speaker 3: You don't have to answer it.
Speaker 1: Because a message will be left right, and then you'll go, yes, I did win a prize. This makes sense, That's what I'm saying. Let it go to voicemail.
Speaker 5: Well she did. Let it go to voicemail, but then don't engage. Yeah, that's the problem. She called back. Yeah, it's one thing is like, Hey, this is blah blah blah with iHeartMedia. You've won a prize, called me back.
Speaker 1: Your public service isn't hey, let me know you made me in her emergency contact. Your public service should be don't answer and don't call people back.
Speaker 5: You don't know?
Speaker 4: Sure, let them die?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, now, let who die?
Speaker 4: Her name was Lisa Willetts.
Speaker 3: Let who die?
Speaker 4: Lisa Willetts Willits.
Speaker 1: You still are convinced you are the emergency contact, aren't you a little bit?
Speaker 5: But you don't know a Lisa Willis.
Speaker 4: I don't, I don't. I'm gonna do a people search on Lisa Willets again.
Speaker 3: All right, now, finish this up.
Speaker 4: I don't answer the phone and don't call call him back.
Speaker 6: Lensen Linsen, Linsen, Linzen, l A n D sc Y Lindsey Lindsay Lindsey e n D s Y, Mency.
Speaker 1: Guns n' Roses Gonna be at the thunder Ridge Nature Arena on September twelfth. Get your tickets thunder Ridge Nature Arena dot com. It's Wednesday, So pick the flicks.
Speaker 5: The game.
Speaker 3: Current record is well, you.
Speaker 1: Are leading this one with ten and Lindsey and I are tied with nine. Last week's winner, that'd be Lindsay, so Corbin and Gimpy eight three three four six Oh kmo D. Eight three three four six Oh kmo D. Call up, decide who's going to be your clue giver? We against the Most Right is gonna win those tickets to see Guns and Roses Saturday, September twelfth at the thunder Ridge Nature Arena in Ridgedale, Missouri.
Speaker 3: Eight three three four six, Oh kmo D. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name? This is John John? How are you, buddy man?
Speaker 5: I'm still trying to win those Guns and Roses tickets.
Speaker 1: I feel confident you can do it today. Who would you like to give you the clues? Gimpy or myself?
Speaker 5: Let's go with Gimpy. John.
Speaker 1: Sixty seconds are on the clock. Timer starts after the first clue. Here we go, All right, John, that's not a knife.
Speaker 5: This is a knife crocodile bendee, you got it? Uh. This is the one where Patrick Swayze dies and then he takes over WHOOPI Goldberg's bot Yep. This is Darryl Hannah and Tom Hanks excuse a murmur. Yes, this is a football movie. I believe it's got was this the one with Willy Beaman?
Speaker 2: Is what?
Speaker 5: What part of the week is football played on? Mostly professional football Sunday? There you go pass? Uh? Okay, if you have one more than nine nine ninety nine? What is that? Uh? Yes?
Speaker 1: And then not since but cash dollars and then not a toddler, but younger than.
Speaker 5: That million dollar baby. There you go.
Speaker 1: With time time five.
Speaker 3: Is what I got?
Speaker 1: Pretty good, John, might be good enough for the win. Hang on the line, okay, all right, really wants those tickets. Good morning, you're on the air.
Speaker 5: What is your name?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: What is your name?
Speaker 5: Ryan?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 5: We've got to beat five?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Ready?
Speaker 4: Here we go?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: This is a Mel Gibson movie, and he develops the ability to hear females thoughts, okay, yeah, you can't swear, dude.
Speaker 3: Moving on.
Speaker 1: This is an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie where he is a CIA operative and Tom Arnolds is a little helper and in the there's like a strip tea scene, but it's his wife. His wife thinks she's working under cover. The opposite of false nope, the opposite of false the opposite of false true.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: You think you're good at this game? That would be a fall stay man, Otherwise known as a.
Speaker 5: True statement.
Speaker 3: Someone who doesn't tell the truth.
Speaker 5: Is a.
Speaker 4: Liar.
Speaker 1: Put those true lie true.
Speaker 5: Hey, good job man.
Speaker 3: This is about a mouse that talks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, time is up, man, Ye spend Sorry.
Speaker 2: You'll reflect on it later. Have a good day, because congratulations, John, you did it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Got those tickets. Brother, You're gonna go see Guns and Roses on September twelfth.
Speaker 5: Finally, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Excellent job, buddy.
Speaker 5: Hanging on everybody.
Speaker 4: This was the one that give me skippy spit and cheese.
Speaker 3: And I'm trying to think, is this I don't know this movie?
Speaker 4: Megan Fox? And have you seen this?
Speaker 5: Gim be that's why I passed?
Speaker 4: Oh really? Uh yeah, Megan Fox. I believe she's in high or she's a vampire in this movie, or she's hot.
Speaker 5: Doesn't know how many.
Speaker 4: She's all I gotta say, I think Megan Fox hot? Yeah, killer.
Speaker 3: Amanda seafried is is in it.
Speaker 5: JK.
Speaker 1: Simmons is in it. Amy Sedaris is in it. Adam Brody's in it. There's a lot of stars in this. Uh, and it is a coded Diablo, a Diablo Cody movie, if you know what that means.
Speaker 3: And it was a blockbuster.
Speaker 1: Jennifer's but I don't even know that movie, the one he ended on. Yeah, A night shamalong ding Dong and this is where they live in a park, but they don't know they live in a park. They think they're a The whole time you're watching the movie, you think it is a throwback movie. You're watching them in old times, but they live in modern times. The girls blind and she has to run and get medicine, and they try to keep everybody oppressed because they don't they want everybody to live like you know, old people like old times.
Speaker 3: Well, keep them safe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from the real world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never seen it, you've never seen it.
Speaker 5: It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Aidan Brody plays a.
Speaker 4: I don't know, special needs.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's what we'll call it that. We'll call it that. And he's pretty convincing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, see, I like, you know, m night Shamalamadingung movies, so might have check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Village, yeah, and then get beat. This is the one that I passed on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you you had the right crew clues man, melgion is able to hear female's thoughts.
Speaker 1: It's got Helen Hunt in it. Other than that, what's the opposite of a man?
Speaker 5: Right? Okay, it's the opposite of a man? Then yeah, okay, yeah, that's pass too that that cat wasn't getting in it at all anyway.
Speaker 3: Not getting anything.
Speaker 4: And then this is where he ended.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is about a talking mouse who drives around the house in a little car that ain't working out for you. Okay, let's break this down. On Saturday Night Live, there was a character called Blank smalling. Okay, and then the second part of this movie title is what's the opposite of big small? Yeah? Another word for small?
Speaker 3: False?
Speaker 5: All right? Direct, Well, that now ties you and I with ten and Lindsey is now last with nine Rush four of The Big Man Morning Show.
Speaker 3: We got our top five songs today.
Speaker 1: It's top five songs with some kind of wildlife in the title from listener Steve Irwin had it coming.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that coming up in a little bit. Right now. We got to see what Gimpi has.
Speaker 5: In his four x four.
Speaker 3: Sorry, my screen's gone.
Speaker 5: It's okay, I got fly them all day. Well, clubn it says here that the TikTok ban has been lifted. The White House has lifted the ban on TikTok on federal government devices, so the people who make the laws around here can go back to watching cat videos. The move follows as Justice Parliament opinion finding the employees can legally download TikTok under the platform's new US joint venture, which is a majority owned by American investors. TikTok's Chinese parent company, Fighting Dance Reach Changs a nineteen point nine percent stake, while Oracle, Silver Lake and MGX each hold fifteen percent. Says here that former Syrian leader Bashar al Assad is sentenced to death in absentia. The former leader of Syria's being sentenced to death in absentia for torture and other crimes. Bashar al Assad received the sentence yesterday following a trial in Damascus of former government officials in his regime regime. Assad was convicted of torture, killing, and committing other crimes during Syria's fourteen year war. The former dictator was not president at the trial. After being removed from power by a rebel uprising in twenty twenty four, Assad fled to Russia with this family where he's been granted asylum. It says here that the alleged CEO killer mangillum he appears in court ahead of trial. Lawyers for Luigi Mangione are trying to get permission for a live broadcast of the trial. While the judge approved an overflow court room for more people to have access. Prosecutors are concerned the Mangione supporters will try to intimidate witnesses or jurors. Mangioni's State and Mayor Deer trial is scheduled to start September eighth, while and then he'll have a federal trial. This year's shut up loll and nobody cares what you have to say, stupid bitch. Lastly, here the University of Tulsa announces major undergraduate tuition cut. The University of Tulsa announced it's annual undergraduate tuition and fees have reduced from twenty five thousand or excuse me, to twenty five thousand dollars from fifty four thousand dollars. The new tuition price has placed to you as the most affordable private research university in America's heartlands.
Speaker 1: Really her story locally that I feel like hasn't gotten a lot of news. It happened Sunday and listen a domestic situation, sadly is not an uncommon story, but this one has a couple anomalies in it. The story says that a forty three year old man named Kyle Rector killed his wife using a pocket knife. Okay, she was found dead near their vehicle with multiple slash wounds. He was still at the scene and was arrested, and he's now been charged with first degree murder. Here's the part that is wild. She apparently was driving while this happened.
Speaker 5: So she's driving, he just starts slashing away.
Speaker 1: Reports saying that he slashed and stabbed his wife with a pocket knife while she was behind the wheel. Prosecutors are considering seeking the death penalty, with the victims family expected to have input, and prosecutors have sought to keep him jailed without bond.
Speaker 3: So the pairs that they were together in the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Authorities say he attacked her with an ordinary pocket knife while she was driving. She suffered multiple wounds, ended up outside the car like stumbled away and then police arrived. He was arrested the scene, and now he's dealing with first degree murders first agree murder, I mean two unless it's a quick knife, right, but to get it and unfolded, right.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what my question was is like what kind of pocket knife was it? When you say pocket knife, I'm thinking old timer. But at the same time, or I have several pocket knives that are assisted opening or automatic opening, so that wouldn't be nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody's kind of got their own little different amazon knife, right, Mine's a you got to open it yourself, yeah, right, some people have you can just hit a button.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody's got different.
Speaker 4: Isn't that considered a switchblade?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, but it would be a knife in the in the report, it would be a knife, yeah. And I don't know if it would called it pocket knife.
Speaker 3: I don't know. People carry a lot of switchblades.
Speaker 5: Not in your traditional sense, like greaser sense, you know what I mean. I think a lot of people carry that. It's the assisted opening where you just kind of it's got like mine's got this little notch on it and you flip it down and spring loads katink.
Speaker 4: He must have already had it open and just to his side.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 3: Another report says that this happened just before two am, and.
Speaker 1: Documents say she was able to get out of the car and make it thirty feet before she collapsed, and a good samaritan tried to help and allegedly told police.
Speaker 3: The victim's husband confess saying I killed my wife, but.
Speaker 5: He didn't technically kill her. He just slashed during stabbed her a few times.
Speaker 3: His actions caused the death right right.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Documents say he confessed to police saying he believed his wife was conspirac conspiring to kill him, and that she was going to attack him once they arrived back home.
Speaker 5: Okay, so two in the morning, probably out drinking drugs, drugs, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe who knows, one of them, maybe both of them, who knows. Yeah, we've said this before. You kill someone that's obviously takes a different type of mentality. To use a knife as a whole other game, using a weapon from a distance.
Speaker 5: Right, it's easy to shoot somebody.
Speaker 3: It's a short action. Mechanically, it's a short action. You do a squeeze, right. This is not that, No, this is I can I'm here.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing the repercussions immediately from my actions, and I continued to do them.
Speaker 5: So you were in that state of mind and not leaving anytime soon because you're are in it.
Speaker 3: Right, like a blind rage or who knows.
Speaker 5: I wonder how long she drove with him slashing and stabbing before she finally was able to stop and try to escape and.
Speaker 3: Get it in park right right? Oh, and he didn't flee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's another thing that's a little strange.
Speaker 1: I mean, if he's in a crazy place but not fleeing, would And if you think you're just which it sounds like he does, then.
Speaker 3: Maybe you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think Staniel ground works on that scenario, where like when we got home she was going to do something works that way, right, You have a right to protect yourself, of course, but I don't think it's gonna work that that way.
Speaker 3: Wild story, and I feel like it hasn't been in the news at all.
Speaker 4: All right, No, I haven't heard either.
Speaker 3: All Right, we got to take a break. We'll be back at in the studios. Are good friend? Justin Gorski with Tulsa Drillers. Hey, buddy, how are you good morning?
Speaker 7: Coming off a walk off win? We're doing great today.
Speaker 1: What a wild game that was last night for them to get that late they come back to get that to happen. That was a that they are playing fun baseball, right, they really are. You know what, No, they've been playing fun baseball all.
Speaker 8: Yes, absolutely, absolutely, And there's no die in these guys, Like no matter what the score is in the game, they are going the entire way And I love it again, like you said, it's just so much fun to watch. And you know, we keep telling people don't leave early because you're gonna miss something that's gonna be a wow factor that next day that everyone's gonna be talking about.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool, right, The highlight from the night usually happens in those late indings right now with the Tulsa Drillers and they are back at home right now, and you guys are actually home for quite the homestand for the next what crazy fourteen days.
Speaker 8: Or yeah, we're home for twelve of thirteen days or the next yeah, thirteen twelve games and thirteen days.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 8: And we played one last night, so again tonight and then we're all the way through the next Sundays where we play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot going on.
Speaker 1: So we've got tonight seven o'clock, We've got the White Claw Special we've got the bring your wolf wolfs. It is one of those nights that is when you see it, you're like, that's a real thing, huh. And it's so cool that you guys allow people to do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, bring your dogs out to the ballpark tonight. It's only we only have two of these left for the entire year, which is crazy that we're already talking the season's coming to an end. But yeah, our second to last bark in the park and three dollars white claws there and we're joking around and on social media right now. We're telling the dogs to bring their humans out and the dogs get a free pub cup and they get a free pup cup and then oh yeah, you're human will get a free popsicle too, so.
Speaker 7: Come on out and enjoy it. So we're really playing with that and having someone with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: And again all this is happening down at one Oakfield Tilsadrillers dot Com to get your tickets.
Speaker 3: And then this is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: You guys do this every year and it's return of your alternate personality. The Tulsa Ranch Dippers will return for a Thursday and this you guys are doing a special.
Speaker 8: Giveaway for the first thousand fans. Very cool, sure, thank you. Yeah, We're we have fun with this every year. This, you know, this alternate identity, the Tulsa Ranch Dippers. You know when we come up with these every single year, we sit around and we're drinking some beers and brainstorming and come up with ideas and we're like, you know what, everywhere you go in Tulsa, they have awesome ranch and they're always hey, you want to side a ranch with that? Hey, you want to side a ranch with this? And you know, our favorite is Masio's, and we partner with Masio's on this thing. And the first thousand fans are going to get a just Dip It Ranch Dippers T shirt. We got brand new merchandise. We're gonna have a Ranch dip tank like we've had the last time. So I actually sat in that.
Speaker 7: Thing for two games and for innings.
Speaker 8: People just came up and this is I mean, you're talking one of those huge dunk tanks and we fill that thing with ranch and people come up and it's for charity for our Jewelers Foundation for scholarships and youth sports, and they're throwing We're getting dunked in this thing.
Speaker 7: Man, I had ranch in my ears for like a week after that. It pretty gnarly, but it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your wife said she really enjoyed it. I don't know what that means, but uh.
Speaker 1: And so that's happening on Thursday with the return of the Ranch Droppers, but they're gonna play as the Ranch Strippers Dippers on Friday night as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, with a huge fireworks show there too.
Speaker 8: And one of my favorite parts about Ranch Dippers weekend is anything you order in our concession stands, they're gonna ask you do you want to side a ranch with that? So whether you get fries, whether you get pizza, whether you get an ice cream sandwich, whether you get a beer, whatever it is, they're gonna say, do you want to side a ranch with that? We get the strangest looks from people, but I think it's absolutely hilarious and it's so much done so and it's Mazio's range that we're making right there on site, so it's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And we should also note that Friday is gonna be fireworks night as well, and these are your fireworks shows are notorious that happen at one O Field so much so that I know you guys had an event that you do with Saint Francis Hospital and for a little boy, and.
Speaker 7: I forget what your is second or third year, second year, and you guys are part of that, and.
Speaker 1: They wanted you guys in Imperial to be a part of it because your guys' fireworks are so great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, crazy, crazy story. But last year there was a child over at Saint Francis. His his make a wish was to come out to a drillers game and see a firework show for one last time. And the week leading up to it, he got too sick and he couldn't come, and the nurse reached out to it get emotional every time I talk about it. The nurse reached out to us and was like, is there any way we could pull something like this off? And within twenty four hours, we worked with Imperial Fireworks, the drillers and the city of Tulsa and we pulled this thing off and we did a firework show from the fortune for this child to come out and watch the fireworks show with his family and friends, and he was so excited. We had drillers gear for him and unfortunately, twenty four hours later he lost his battle. And so we continued that tradition this year, and there was over fifty families that were out watching it, kids watching from their windows. His family was back out there again, the Ronald McDonald house. Who reached out to them, they had families over there watching it was I'm telling you, I've done a lot of things in my career and nothing reaches out to me.
Speaker 7: And makes me feel like the way this thing does. And this wartting me an annual tradition that we keep doing.
Speaker 8: And their family just reached out and just said this means so much to us and meet so much of the other families there too. So just a little thing that we can do and hopefully people can come out to the ballpark to enjoy that as well.
Speaker 1: But think about him every time you see those fireworks, and again it just shows how good the fireworks are. That imperial and you guys put on down at the stadium that some kid wanted to be the last thing correct that he saw. So Friday night will be fireworks. Saturday you're gonna have fireworks as well. And you came into the room, You burst into the room asking us this and I've known you a long time, you've never burst in. One you've never burst in, and two you've never said something like this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, are you guys SpongeBob fans?
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess that's a rhetorical question, because who's not a SpongeBob fan.
Speaker 7: I think that's more of what it is.
Speaker 8: But yeah, we've we worked it out and we got an official SpongeBob Night at the ballpark on Saturday night, and we're giving away those bucket hats that you could check out on our social media there. Gave some to you guys here in the first fifteen hundred fans will get these. I'm telling you they're going to go very very quick. We're so excited. We're going to do show clips and sound bites and all sorts of contests with SpongeBob.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just nostalgia.
Speaker 8: It's such a really cool thing that we're able to make in an official night like that with the official IP marks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again fireworks having We should also mention that all home games it's Tito's Vodka's pregame, So if you come out early, you get to have a Tito's Double Vodka for the price of a single and the deal lasts from when gates open until the first pitch. Every single home game that this happens now Sunday is fun too. Not only is it, kids get in for free and kids eat free and free quick Trip Hornsby's hangout.
Speaker 3: You guys have a cool giveaway as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so these are I guess they're called pit Viper sunglasses, but that's like the official name, if you would. So they're, like you said, the Patrick Mahomes sunglasses if you would. For the kiddos there, the macho man Randy Savage is kind of what I remember back in the day. Yeah, these things, but they're coming back and they're awesome. Their drillers on there with our friends with Fergus and Kia and uh again, like you said, this is something that we don't we only do once a year.
Speaker 7: But kids get in for free.
Speaker 8: So every single kid show up to the ballpark, you get a free ticket to the game. If you want to sit in the lawn, if you want to sit in the seats, wherever it may be, you get a free ticket to the game. And it's a rare Sunday night game for us too, So come on out before school gets started this upcoming week and enjoy it for us, and those kids get in for free. So we're really really excited about that. You know, it's weird, as I.
Speaker 7: Know, I'm serious in those classes.
Speaker 1: They are the part that's weird about these that I'm wearing and they are cool looking. Is I don't know how I should feel that these are for kids, I know, and they fit perfectly on my myggett.
Speaker 8: Wayne may need to bring it back maybe for the adults to Oh, I see what you're saying. They're so small and the kids, Yeah, they were tight on me.
Speaker 3: I just say that, aren't they Are these for kids? Oh, they're for kids. Yeah there's room, Yeah there is there's room. Yeah. Listen.
Speaker 1: So much fun to happens down at one Oak Field. And we should also mention that postseason game tickets are on sale now.
Speaker 3: Yes, they are ready.
Speaker 7: Go to Tulsa Drillers dot com.
Speaker 8: We're we're playoff bound and we're we're one game back in the second half too, so we've never won both halfs before.
Speaker 7: But our guys are playing good ball and it's fun to.
Speaker 8: Watch and get those playoff tickets while you can, and Tulsa Drillers dot com for all the fun there.
Speaker 1: Future stars in Major League Baseball are playing down at one Oakfield and this week the travelers are there starting last night through this Sunday and then again. Turn around on Tuesday and the old sod Poodles invade. So we'll get to that next week. But Tulsa Drillers dot com regular seasons wrapping up, home games are and then the postseason all happens, so get your tickets. Tulsa Drillers dot com justin thanks for coming out.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. We'll be back