Speaker 1: A routine souled smear confirmed the presence of pure evil. It was then I knew the only option was to separate you two immediately. You'll both need to design these. But what to do with poor Hugo too crazy for boys down, too much of a boy for crazy town. The child was an outcast. So we did the only humane thing.
Speaker 2: We changed you go up in the attic like an animal and fed them a bucket of fishheads once.
Speaker 3: So we it saved our marriage.
Speaker 4: Welcome to four figure discounts upon us. Now the spooky season here, it's up, Toriber. I'm not quite Halloween yet, but it's coming. So we thought what we'd do is we go back and turns out we've done Treasa Horror five, Trias of Horror six, and recently we did Simpsons did it on Going down to Southwark, which talks about the Genesis tubs. So now we're doing Triasa Horror. Evan, I'm down and I am guy.
Speaker 5: That was a very good explanation, Dan, I appreciate it. And for those of you are not watching on YouTube, not watching our videos, Dano did spirit fingers when he was talking about spooky season. He's the spooky ghosts. He's really getting into the spirit of things, which which I want to appreciate. This was and I'm sure you will do too. This was, of course a spooky season, so it's good to revisit the Treehouse of Horror. But this feels relevant in a lot of ways this episode because, as he mentioned, we recently covered Simpsons did it on going down to South Park by all means chined into that one.
Speaker 4: So yes, Genesis tub, it's pretty much what connection there, That's what South Cartman story is the entire episode pretty much. Yeah, it's pretty much.
Speaker 5: But we also have well, our American friends have an election coming.
Speaker 4: Up in what is it next three weeks? It's November, right, Yeah, it's sometime in November. Yes, the true spooky season for America and the rest of the world.
Speaker 5: So Citizen Kang is quite relevant in that play. And of course me being a former can joined twin the thing and I is always ever green relevant content not true, not true.
Speaker 4: There's only were you the evil one who's then been realized that it were the evil one?
Speaker 5: Or we raised with fish heads? Certainly raised with fish heads. I am catholic.
Speaker 4: I never realized that fishead song that Homo syncs was a song was actual fish head? Fish is roly poly fish head?
Speaker 5: You realize, yeah, yishads fish heads. They were probably not the correct lyrics that I just say.
Speaker 4: I've seen that song all not all the time. Sometimes I just be walking by myself and I was going fish sheds.
Speaker 5: Why now, you know?
Speaker 4: Because of that song, also because of this Yeah, but yeah, a good treehouse of horror. This one a gory one at all, Which is why do I think I sound silly? Why I didn't really enjoy it as much as a kid. I didn't really feel like proper horror. I always loved the thing, and I but Lisa Stories wasn't a fam when I was a kid and citizen king, I had no idea what was going on. I don't know who these presidents, I don't know who may have heard of Clinton, Bob Dole, Who the hell is bobbed doll Right.
Speaker 5: It feels very much of its time now, although I've got to say I love what they do with Bob Dole. I just I don't really remember much about him as a person or a politician.
Speaker 4: Simpson's character, but is he real?
Speaker 5: He feels like it belongs in Springfield well, they need this. That's what I loved occasionally refomed was from the third person because I'm sure that have they used Bob Dole more than once?
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 5: I get the feeling he's been in the Simpsons more than more than this episode.
Speaker 4: Bob, do don't need this? What is it some kind of tube?
Speaker 5: Let's have a look. It's just comment It sounds like a Harry Sheer, I reckon, it's just commentating his own life. What is this?
Speaker 4: What is this? I'm going to do? All right, Bob Doll. Simpsons turns out to get Bob Doll. He was voiced by Harry Sheer. He's got that news report a deep kind of voice. Get the feeling. Bob Dole at some stage did ads for like ed medicine, like a rect doll dysfunction medicine.
Speaker 5: Bub don't need this, bu do need this?
Speaker 4: But this he do need?
Speaker 5: But yeah, I just a good combination of stars and elements, And you're right not Sometimes a tree House of Horror episode can act as a bit of a gateway.
Speaker 4: To actual horror, to actual horror stories.
Speaker 5: I mean, not just the genre, but oh, like you've always said, like you're sure the shinning before you saw the Shining.
Speaker 4: Still referred to as the shitting by many people. Of course, many people.
Speaker 5: Are saying this, so yeah, a very pleasurable tree House of Horor episode.
Speaker 4: This one. Well, we've mentioned at the start, you mentioned that, you know, I set up the story from the go why we're doing this episode right at the very beginning. I thought every segment just got into the story without wasting any time. That's true, That's true. I mean I think I was particularly thinking that with the thing and yeah, it's just like straight into a horror film, not gory horror, but just spooky, Yeah, which I really appreciate. Would you go, like a monster, what kind of horror? Would you call this?
Speaker 5: More thriller?
Speaker 4: I guess so, yeah. I mean they.
Speaker 5: Our friends Wikipedia will say this is not in all related to the movie basket Case.
Speaker 4: One of those covers that I always talked about, the covers at the video store and like, that looks like something I want to watch one that's a that's a real eighties video. Nasty had like three or four of it they did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it sweet because it was clearly made for like the change that you found at the back of your couch. Yeah, but it's got real low budget, let's put on a show energy, a bit of fun. Yeah, except it's fun. But yeah, except when it isn't. Because that's the thing. I saw this when I was a kid, like my teen Yes, and there's aspects I was like, oh, this is grossing your Oh what is it? Is ridiculous? What a ridiculous monster? And then there's a bit of the ms like oh fuck, let's I'm not going to blow for anyone.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: No, But at the same time, right at your own risks when you watch Basketcase, just saying but yeah, wikipedia as guys from The Simpsons saying no. Not related to Basketcase, not inspired, but something it reminded me of was an early film by the great Brian Departmer Major of the Untouchables and a bunch of other stuff called Sisters, which has Margaret Kidder aka Lewis Lane from the Supman movies. This is not really a spoiler, but she's playing Siamese aka you can join twins. Good line by the way, we'll get to that. And yeah, there's a mystery involving a woman who may have a sister who may have been conjoined at some stage. It's very Brian Depalmer being me out for a Hitcock two, So it's definitely worth checking out. It's a really good movie, and that reminded me of that a little bit in some ways.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but the Thing I've always been one of my favorites, even since I was a kid. I've always loved The Thing and I because it just feels so it's a simple horror story, but it's so spooky at times as well. It really is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean I love the idea of an attic, but at the same time, I had an addict always scary.
Speaker 4: I would never go into it. I have to go into the roof sometimes it what's it called in Australia we don't have a roof. Is the roof?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we go into the roof.
Speaker 4: I'm going under the roof. When you got boxes for things that you want to keep the box and we just chuck them in the roof.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: I got so much shit in the roo point everytime I got there, I'm like, it's going to be something up here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, even if it's not your evil can join twin living on fish heads.
Speaker 4: It's probably a spider. Yeah, I want one one time. I got so scared, and it sounds ridiculous. I was up there all of a sudden I heard. I was like, get me out of here, and I started and that was like, well, I just put the air conditioning on. I was like, oh sweetness. But it was just felt like I was getting closer to me. I thought it was like a ratted, giant rat coming towards me.
Speaker 5: In my old family house we had I guess he'd call it a basement.
Speaker 4: It wasn't really that big of a room.
Speaker 5: It was fairly small and on longesty and we stored a little bit of stuff down there. But and of course, you know, I was in my late teams like they're not scared of anything. I was scared of everything. And Zych puppets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in that room of weired me out a little bit. And it wasn't until years later that.
Speaker 5: My good friend Sabby Steve imported a copy of the Blair Witch Project on DVD before it had been released in Australia. It's like, what a concept, we can chat, what a time to be a live and went over and watched it late one night. It was a yeah, dark stormy night and we're watching Blue Witch Project and they got to the very end. Sorry spoilers for the Blue Witch Project, you know, how to ends in the basement and it was a lot like the basement we had, and that it wasn't you know, like a cool basement. It was like it was like yeah, yeah, it actually had like a dirt floor or just a dirty floor. It was like, Bobby, it's never cleaned.
Speaker 4: There's too much of this place like that. We're not going down there. But yeah, I remember, yeah, watching the Blue Witch projecta, oh, that's what was down there. That's what was there.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but I love the idea. I love the idea of an attic more of it, or of a good basements. Like you know, when you get old enough to say this is my this is my room, now this this is my space.
Speaker 4: If they've played up in Home Alone where you're like yes, yes, to sleep in the that's right. Yeah yeah, So I think the basement has the is it the oven or whatever, and he's like terrified of it and Home Alone, yeah, and it's like it's weird when you're a kid you see these devices. They're a machine or they're the fireplace, but they're alive in your mind. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But also just love the idea of having that trap door, not even trapped door, but the door you pull down with the ladder that comes down. It's like this seems like, you know, at least five people a year would die from this just by getting hit the head it readily.
Speaker 4: But at the same time.
Speaker 5: Wow, what a very practical idea, haven't you, Hado.
Speaker 4: I have to get the old school like proper ladder, bring it in the house. Yes, that's lift the roof thing off the little what have you got? The trap whole thing like manhole. I've got door door, but it's not a door that I've got pushed up fifty kevin doesn't fall back and bunk you on the head.
Speaker 5: Anyone who knows if this actually a real name, that'd be weird. Appreciate it the whole, you know, as you know, Dan or I not handy. Yeah, the door that gets to the roof, Yes, the door of the roof. We're talking about the thing and I loight, I think that it both of us. I think it might be the best one. I think the one we remembered. Yeah, a lot of people say Citizen Kane is the best one. Now go if you're an American maybe, yeah, I mean, but I think it's David X. Cohen said that he thinks that that one seriously dated the segment because it was such a time and place. However, I will say that is written so well that as a kid, I didn't know who Clinton and Dole were, so I didn't get that aspect, But it was still funny.
Speaker 4: It's still a good political story regardless of the.
Speaker 5: Actual naming of names of Clinton and Doll.
Speaker 4: So just it's just it's just a piss take of politics in general.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you've got a lot of people saying that what is it abortions with some miniature flags rather is like one of the best lines and Simpsons history, I'll tell you what not that segment, but there's one of the for mine, one of the best line readings in all the Simpsons is in the Thing and.
Speaker 4: I can we can we go to that?
Speaker 5: Now? Can we tell you?
Speaker 4: We want in the Favorite Thing? That's just a favorite.
Speaker 1: Moments, my favorite.
Speaker 4: All right, what's your favorite moment?
Speaker 5: I honestly, this is one of the best low key line deliveries. Senseence history is where Hibbitt's going. A random source smear conferred the existence of pure evil I never.
Speaker 4: Heard that line before and I was I was like, that is fucking unbelievable. It's just delivered so oft.
Speaker 5: That's what's so great about great. You don't realize it's a joke.
Speaker 4: Non you realize did he say what I think he said and the way he said it?
Speaker 5: I thought, Yeah, that's just an absolute winner for my Yeah. Him, it's a real m v P in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean not just by virtue his behavior, but virtue everything he does. In his episode Crazy for Boys Town, the boy was an outcast.
Speaker 5: I bet you've net even looked at it for in the Mirror.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the most iconic memes now. But I posted on the page reason there's a guy I think he might be in Spain, but he makes custom Simpsons things and you can hang that on your walls frame but it's three D so his fist is coming out through so good. Yeah, check it out in the page. I'll posted on the on the fourth Facebook. But we haven't talked about the genesis, so that's basically Okay, that's the reason why we picked this one because we just did Simpsons did it for going down to South part and I enjoyed this one. But it's definitely as an adult now probably my second favorite of it's probably my last.
Speaker 5: It's not my least favorite in the in this episode, yeah, it's second in the thing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think I enjoy Citizen Kang second now obviously thinking nice my favorite this one here, it's great, it's not. Yeah, it's nothing wrong with it. And we haven't touched on the favorite moment from One of my favorite moments from this is something I say all the time.
Speaker 5: I love this line. It's just the reading of it. I don't know where why am i soul?
Speaker 4: Fact?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lias has created this? Yeah, I was about to say environment, kingdom, whatever, world, Yeah, out of nothing. Basically just the bums from the Springfield who are geting together in any public meaning.
Speaker 4: Where where, what's going on?
Speaker 5: It's just why am I so fat?
Speaker 2: I love?
Speaker 5: I've always loved that so much?
Speaker 4: But other favorite moments so for me, I don't know why this ticking me so much. But and communication and the Bart being made I've always loved you get made to stay home to techn hockey game. The whole reason is to keep Bart safe, but you stay home by yourself.
Speaker 5: Think.
Speaker 4: It was one of my trivia questions I didn't have that many either. That's all right, but dog, the dog is barking, I directed it might be someone delivering a parcel. Maybe I got a parcel quick, look you tell me about that in the one second's very much on guard today. When I when I rocked.
Speaker 5: Up, the record of this room like, oh wow, fearsome.
Speaker 4: Except when I went skidding, he was just like wade his tails, this guy, there's no treats. So you got a parcel today? Well there was no parcel there by the way, he was barking. Somebody walking by Okay, no, no, just what was it? A review copy of Stanley Tucci's new book. Stanley Tucci wonderful actor. Everybody loves him. He's sort of got a new career. As you know.
Speaker 5: I'm off to Italy to show you what people like to eat. Okay, Stanley will pay for that.
Speaker 4: I love that you've just cheated the game and just getting still get review copies of books. Well, no, no, no, there's going to be reviews of these books. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I mentioned it the other day on a show that we're eventually going to a premiere eventually. But it was like this book is coming out by I mean he's checking out, and yes, we'll do the same with this one eventually. But yeah, Stanley Tucci now writes books about I like food. Here's some Food eight this year, and he's actually pretty good writer, So yeah, not bad.
Speaker 4: But it was also not.
Speaker 5: To give a shout out to our our other overlord, not King and Kodos, but actually Amazon and Bezos. But it was Prime Day or Prime Week class, so you're saying going wild on the sales, and it's like, I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Find anything that I wanted. I've found a lot of stuff that I wanted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and but also stuff it's like, Okay, I'll leave this in the thing over and yeah, I'll come back tomorrow. And if it's if I still feel like I want to, and then.
Speaker 4: The price has just gone Sometimes I put it like a doll and you're like, oh, should supped me? Go up? I have to buy now? Oh yeah, or it goes up. Yeah, that's once the price goes right up, you go, oh, I should have should have.
Speaker 5: Done it, so, which led me to buy something else.
Speaker 4: But it's all genius marketing by them, it really is. They really they hook you system, They've gained us. Yeah, yeah, did you use my hack about getting after paid passes? I certainly did.
Speaker 5: So that's that's not going to end badly at all, because yeah, there was initial stuff that was like, oh, okay, yes, I'll get this all that. Yeah that's Mark Dan, get that, get that, get that. I had, like a pair of jeans, put a sign. There was a US brand that I really enjoy. I've got a pair of I was like, oh, you're getting saved for later. Yeah, I'm not buying now, Like, wow, that's Mark Dan.
Speaker 4: That's man, that's pretty expense. Okay, look, do I need more jeans. I've gone.
Speaker 5: I've gone all the pants I need. Coming the next day, it's gone up by one hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: I should have brought them jeans.
Speaker 5: My my thing is now I buy I go. What will Nikola say? Well, I found out what Looks said, because the other thing was like initially it's like, oh, time to stuck up on Blu.
Speaker 4: Rays or stuck up on books or whatever. Haven't you already got a thousand of them? Yeah, that's the thing. I've got so many I don't need anymore. I have no space left for my Blue Rays. They're literally stacked up on the floor in front of the shelf. Now, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Need that thing where I'm like actually putting things away. Yeah, like a human. But I said to Lou, like, ooh uh, it used to be cultural stuff. Now dice and vacuum plan a half price.
Speaker 4: I saw the robovacuum and it was half priced, and it was five hund dollars. Still at half price and usually a thousand. I thought they probably just marked it up like a fake RP to make it seem like a half price.
Speaker 5: I go and Google.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, usual rps a thousand dollars. Nicola, you said you wanted a robo vacuum, she goes, not a five hundred dollar one. I don't.
Speaker 5: Well, I said to Lor was like, should I get the dice and at half price? And I said, I don't think the km out equivalent that I bought is cutting.
Speaker 4: Dyson's vacuum clean is one of the things worth investing in. A good vacuum cleaner, Yes, a good bed, good pillows. They think like, you can't go wrong with a good crumpy old man good couch as well, except I'm sending the catch back. Oh no, yep, but you hadn't the guy come over and adjust it. Yeah, you know it's not the Moto this time the Infinity what's it called the zero gravity zero gravity, not infinity zero gravity. So it basically feels like you're floating. It's fucked on my side of the couch. So I get a saw back sitting on my on the couch, which I paid extra money for to ensure I don't get a saw back. So I took a video of it and photos.
Speaker 5: It's the photo you ow my back.
Speaker 4: No, I just basically just showed the comparisons. Sent it through to Harvey Norman last night and I was like, I want this fixture immediately. Yeah. I think I'm just going to get a new couch. I'm like, don't send your bite out because you may didn't fix it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you may didn't fix it last night. I don't trust him this. I've had this.
Speaker 4: Coucht I've had this catch for less than three months. It shouldn't be broken. I want zero gravity. Yeah. I was like, I couldn't get come to us and Nicholas, something's not right. And then we looked at the side. She goes your side sinking to the left, and it's not like puffy on the foot rest anymore. We're not as close as we used to be.
Speaker 5: It's just weird. Yeah, so happy with the couch. Looking around at this. You know, those of you watching on YouTube will look around. There's plenty of pop culture stuff here. And yes, both Dan and I like to buy cultural stuff.
Speaker 4: I used to.
Speaker 5: It was like couches, pillows, vacuum clean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a dice in. Yeah, you can't go wrong with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lou's got one, and I'm like, I was occasionally like, can I.
Speaker 4: Borrow the dash? Remember when we said vacuum cleaners with a corpus put into the wall and he said, like, what was?
Speaker 5: What the on going on?
Speaker 4: My mum had one of those resail was like mom by dice. He goes, no, you don't need to want, Mum, the love.
Speaker 5: Of God, I'll buy you one. You'll notice the show is pivoted from Simpson's contenter to consumer role.
Speaker 4: We're talking about old things, so let's return. But why are we so fat? Any other favorite moments I did like.
Speaker 5: Julie Kapla's line reading, I'm very disappointed and terrified and terrified.
Speaker 4: Yes, would you say it's hide for trivia trivia?
Speaker 2: Next question?
Speaker 4: You there eating the paste.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: My first question for you is what did Marge promise for breakfast to Lisa in the Genesis tub Well, she promised waffle, Yes, but just square pancakes, which I don't think is a bad compromise. I mean, I guess if you're in the mood for waffle, he's be like pancake. We've talked about waffles recently, but I would much prefer pancakes if it's a good pancake.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not even necessarily a waffle guy.
Speaker 4: You gotta be right in the mood as we're saying. Yeah. Yeah. So first question, fried chicken and fried chicken and tries that in the States. Yeah, not bad, not necessarily something. I'd go back to chicken and biscuit.
Speaker 5: I've done that thing where I've written the written answer.
Speaker 4: What is the answer?
Speaker 5: It's from the thing and I the answer is Switzerland.
Speaker 4: I'm going to play my Gloria from White Men Can't Jump. All right, So Switzerland. Yeah, so we think we just saw Hugo. He was bodying a plan to Switzerland. What so the question is what where did Homer think Hugo was bought in the planet troop?
Speaker 5: Well, you didn't you had thoughts about about white men count job.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what podcast I was talking about. I'm pretty sure I was forking a discount, but talking about how halfway through white men can jump. And I just finished it on the weekend. I'm going to say, to quote Guy Davis, it felt like just a bunch of stuff happening just I got to the end of it. Wait a minute, So the Big Grand Finale is then playing for a two thousand dollars prize in just a game of hustle basketball. I'm like, okay, And he was willing to risk this gorgeous woman for the sake of two thousand dollars kind of funck up is this guy?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's the thing. It just felt like such a unnecessary, like what are you doing kind of thing? You know. He's like, well, it was heither, you've got a gamble at two thousand dollars, you're gonna lose me. And he's like, mong and gambled two thousand dollars, Like so you got two dollars extra in your pocket. So he's a And it was like ten minutes of like slow mode. He's big and who gives this shit, it's for two thousand dollars. The dog is a big there's no there's nothing up for offer here. It just felt like such a grand, over the top, ridiculous shot ending for something that's not worth all that much.
Speaker 5: I think that's not to say that's the joke, but I think it's kind of the point is that it's it's ending where you think most films their second act would end. It's like, oh, now he's he's got to get her back in the third act and learn something about itself. Like we're not getting we're not going to get him. We're not going to see him learning about himself, and he's not going to get her back. Or maybe he's somewhere down the line but he's realized that he's like, oh, I'm a fuck up and I've been doing this stuff and I really need to get on the straight and narrow. I mean, I think it ends with him asking like asking Wesley for a job doesn't because I mean, Wesley stops has actually got a proper job. He's like an architect or an engineer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it ends with them just walking off the basketball court, just like walking off. They go back to the apartment and She's gone, yeah, and just walking off making jokes with each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he's he's learned something, but in a very hard way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's like yeah, it just felt just felt like what happened? What am I watching here? A lot of the scenes as we're talking, man, you're saying, that's what you liked about. It was just the dialogue. It felt like it wasn't scripted. It was just a bunch of you'll fuck your man, No, no, fuck you, you're your mother, you'll be I'm like, can we get to the story? Apparently?
Speaker 5: Wesley's answer Woody Alison were friends before this, yeah, or had they worked together at least one movie before it? And then when you got this one. I mean I remember the scene the poster of this back in ninety two, and I didn't even have that certain, said Wesley. Would he It's like cool, that seems right? They like I think people.
Speaker 4: Are like, look at I don't know, get me wrong, but maybe time and place. But I guess maybe if you were in the right target demo at the time, you have nostalgia for it. Oh, watched it in twenty twenty films like I just this, nothing's happening here? That's captivating me. It's just okay, it's like the same basketball game three times shown through the film, but there was nothing different about the end basketball game that was the previous two.
Speaker 5: It was just the same shit.
Speaker 4: It must have been.
Speaker 5: It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I think it might be one of those movies as.
Speaker 4: Well where it starts off so great.
Speaker 5: It does so energetic yet and so vibrantly that that's what you remember and that sort of trickles over to your europe. It felt like.
Speaker 4: The recollection of the Reason didn't have an end. It didn't have an ending inside. It just felt like I'm like because I watched the first half and I was like, I'm up forward whatever they're going to throw at me, and then there's nothing was thrown at me. It's just the same. The first half felt like the last half. Yeah, I do recall the ending.
Speaker 5: I remember feeling kind of wrong footed, but also like I kind of appreciate it and that The guy who made is the guy named Ron Shelton. He made one of the great baseball movies called Bull Durham with Kevin Costner and Susan Sarandon, and I think something he traffics in is men who were kind of falling solves, who think they know all the angles and are kind of fuck ups and who learn lessons but very very slowly and sometimes not at all. So I think white Man count Jumps is in that realm as well. I think I enjoyed it more than you. But I'm I'm going to go back and revisit it now.
Speaker 4: Maybe I won't. So I'm we were doing.
Speaker 5: Trivia, yes, yeah, you know, I gave you my FAXT question is, yeah, it's campaign What America flips a coin? Oh, nineteen ninety six?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: In the Genesis tub Bill Watson lives where?
Speaker 4: Ah that's a s right? No, No, Bill Watson something place, isn't it. It's a building Clark building, Yes, yes, I was like Stark Stark was one of my Ah, Clark Stark.
Speaker 5: It's a different superhero. It's not Tony Stark, it's Clark Kent.
Speaker 4: It's Clark Kent.
Speaker 5: Yes. And my final question is which of the aliens is Bob.
Speaker 4: Doh codosk okay ah.
Speaker 5: After coin and got it wrong? David slips the coin. Plus I know progressive and the Cotas was his sister. Yeah, I didn't know that I didn't remember that.
Speaker 4: I think they may have said that in the It feels like it's a reveal here, it doesn't it and it's my sister, but I feel like they may have revealed it in the first Chairs of Horror when they get abducted. Yeah.
Speaker 5: One thing I love about well about this episode being a middle aged man who came mage in a different time. I love how, you know, because I actually started writing down, you know when when Doctor Hibbitt says in the thing and I was like, oh, here's a Siamese twin, and I was about to write right down. I think they I think the meaning is. I think the saying is conjoined. And then Lisa, no, Lisa maybe doing, but him saying after that, well, yeah, and confederates lad to be called something. He'll yeah, and he'll he's liked to be called sons of soul.
Speaker 4: That ain't happening.
Speaker 5: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Signfold, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and The Movie Guys. Plus, you also get early and ad free access to four Finger discount Going down to South Park TV launch pod and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cup of coffee.
Speaker 5: Fie god, it got here, So.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and support your palas Guyandanda today at patreon dot com. Slash fourfinger discount link is in an description of this podcast. It's stone cut at time. So katG with her one hundred sport Thank you so much, katG. Shoutout to katG.
Speaker 5: We always give a shout out katG because you know she's the greatest. That's what the G stands for. But yeah, she was on the on the social media, on the Facebook giving a shout out to one of my favorite schlock myers. There's a guy named William Castle who used to make these low budget movies and he was like a proto Jason Blum, kind of guy from Blumhouse and that he'd come up with gimmicks and all this kind of stuff. She put a picture of him up and I'm like, oh, weird Castle the goat, Like I really get into him. He's great, Like good for you, k woman of taste, that's a man of taste.
Speaker 4: And yes, with his fifty dollars spot, thank you so much, sir, Andrew and also our man Zat Pruitt, who's gonna be releasing his Mucking with the Middle podcast very very soon. Here the fourth finger thiscat Network.
Speaker 5: That that one's been in the works as long as that one. That why keep alluding to.
Speaker 4: Yes Maras as well as Andrew swanee Mixed one. He's a mcswan also Jonathan Rossi, Rache Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn d V, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Ryan down Lap, Kevin's Dantel Planned Flood, Shannon Hofer, Balle Winder, Bate, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod, Lewis Cavanaugh, Martrelevan, Reese Roberts, Ginger and Pickle Preston, Murray, Tale and Riquez, Jepe Mersado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hallier, Logan, b Janie Shepherd At Joe Reading Sec, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lang, Dami Miller, and Charlie Joe. Thank you so much for all of your support by being supporter as top tier supporters Stonecutters at Fourthing of This Gut on Patreon.
Speaker 5: Thanks for heap guys really appreciate it. So the original edit.
Speaker 4: Of Trios of Horror seven was October twenty seventh, nineteen ninety sixty. First ever Trios of Horror episode to be a season premiere. Okay, then yes, they're usually premiere now in like September time, so usually the Tresa fows episode four or five. But I just think kicking off with the Treos of Horror with a bang, I think so. Yeah. So it was directed by Mike b Anderson and written by so the thing and I'd written by Ken Keeler, The Genesis Tubet Dan Greeney and Citizen Kane David X. Cohen And oh I didn't realize this until this very moment. Bill Clinton was played by Phil Hartman.
Speaker 5: I did see his name in the credits and was wondering what he because I thought I heard him in something else or that. Oh that sounds why am I all fat? All right?
Speaker 4: So the first thing we see here but the credits is Homer dislikes the jackal and gets catched on fire. And that's it. We're gett into the episode. It's got death. I believe it's death. The skeleton on the couch and everyone dies. Every feet so the thing and I so button Lisa, they over here noises in the attic. Which, yeah, I've had moments like this where I'll be watching something on TV that's mildly spooky, right, and all of a sudden, he's like a bang outside, and I'll just walk over and pull the.
Speaker 5: Blind down and make sure they're locked.
Speaker 4: You remember, you look at side and you see like a weird shadow. You go, I know that's just the tree shadow, but I'm just gonna pull that fine down. Didn't have that.
Speaker 5: But the other night woke up at like three in the morning and hearing this. But I'm bum bum bum, and it's like it's the possum back. It could be a possum. Basically, the cat could just be woken up and be running around knocking it over like a dickhead. But you know, you get those three an thoughts, like, Okay, is this this is a home invasion? Someone break into my house. I'm i gonna have to get the dusty or baseball bat from the side.
Speaker 4: Of the bed.
Speaker 5: That's the name of your bat. I think I called it the manager at some stateger got a problem, talk to the manager. Do I have it in me to get it and pick up the bat and you know, sort of put on get out of my house kind of boys. Or I've got a fu my motherfucking house.
Speaker 4: I've already killed the cops. Or I've got triple I've just got to press you know, I've got to press send is the thing to do, like call trivial o then put it on the out speaking to leave them on the line. I think it might be the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good tip from your panels get broken into but kids are kicking.
Speaker 4: The garage door.
Speaker 5: But like it's three in the morning, it's a week night. I don't think anyone is invading my house now. And I mean I was not literally paralyzed with here, but I was like.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm scared. I'm scared. Racing a little bit. Run the numbers. Okay, what are the odds? What are the odds that someone's breaking into your house? At three am on a Tuesday morning?
Speaker 5: There was three people breaking into the house.
Speaker 4: And I literally felt the physically felt the fear, just washing it common sense. Yeah, yeah, run the numbers. Yeah, run the numbers. Kid, Have you run the numbers? Have you tried turning your fear off? And then on again, so so Lisa. Here she says the cat's not the cat in the attic because she's with her. Reminds me of a kid sister's to dress the cat up. We had a cat called Queenie, and she was just like so just passive, you know. And my sister dressed up and doles out. Yeah, put her in a pram, push her around. Cat loved it, absolutely loved it. They asked the parents at the breakfast table the next day, though, and hers there's nothing seriously ever got just the.
Speaker 5: Love goes on just a little bit seriously though, don't ever go out there.
Speaker 4: But Marge reminds them to reminds Homer to feed what's up there? Fish heads? Fish heads? Do the kids watching go up there? And they hear the eating sounds and has been sort of scared by it. But then here's the sounds. Got a little story here. I recorded this one was on TV. Except my memory of watching this episode is that tape I used somewhere in the garage when I would tape the shows on Channel ten, cut out the aas blah blah blah. But for some reason, I don't know why this happened. This very scene here when bartlaying in bed as he hears the sounds in the what was called the vent. Yeah, yeah, and you're looking through the vent at Bart scared. The little M logo appeared at that point in time, and for years I thought that was just a joke by the Simpson saying this is the scary part. And then I watched I was like, oh, oh, that was Channel ten saying you should be watching this six. But that whenever I see that one shot at the vision of the M appearing in the corner, you're super imposing the mline. Yeah. But Homer, let's slip here that you know you four kids, three kids. We have three kids, and you know what happens to nosy kids who asked him any questions? They asking a bunch of questions, and the kids use Maggie to sneak up because their imagination is running wild. Now Mage helps them pull that app door whatever that thing is, down to the ladder and they find Homer's unsold copies of his autobiography What was it cooling? In no one? I've never been to me something I hardly knew me. It hard I hardly knew me. Yes, we will there ever be a rainbow is that, mister, I think that's and they see a shadow, so this is scared for a kid, is pretty scary.
Speaker 5: This kind of jumps towards them.
Speaker 4: Reminds me, you know, Et, obviously you need to inter when Aliot's waiting outside for him for the first time, and Et, I know wise Bilbog filmed all like this, but like Et is walking rathers walking passively towards Ali, he goes ed, it stops and goes like this kid. It always reminds me of that. And then they run downstairs. I love this little reveal here. You think they're in the vases, breathe in here, and they're in the cupboard. The margin and Hammer get home from driving in the rain to give their car the car wash. They're very much, very disappointed and terrify. They went to the attic, so Homer goes up there with the golf club and they realized it's it escaped. It's a really good play on not revealing that it's just a human, you know. It's like it's escaped as a kid, you think its a monster.
Speaker 5: And then they.
Speaker 4: Hear it leave leaves a bit of blood. He cut himself lit a bit of blood on the door, and then Madge called up the hibbit.
Speaker 3: Yes, doctor, it's what we've always feared.
Speaker 4: It's loose.
Speaker 1: Hugo is loose?
Speaker 3: See us soon, Who or what is Hugo. I'm afraid we haven't been entirely honest with you.
Speaker 4: Bart.
Speaker 3: You see you have a brother, So I have two brothers.
Speaker 2: Lisa, please, yes, Bert, you have a twin brother. You see, when you were born there was an irregularity.
Speaker 1: A monstrous irregularity. Yes, I remember Bart's birth. Well, you don't forget a thing like Siamese twins.
Speaker 3: I believe they prefer to be called conjoined.
Speaker 1: Twins, and Hubilly is preferred to be called sons of the soil. But it ain't good.
Speaker 4: It happened. Then he explains how one of them was pure evil, but it's little the good butt well by, yeah, bottle feeding that one and wet the routine. What the routine saw Smith, the existence are pure evil? How good is that?
Speaker 5: Incredible and incredible routine?
Speaker 4: Soul spar and he separates them immediately because he's too crazy for a boy's town, too much of a boyfood crazy town. The child was an outcast, so they did the only human humane thing, change him in the attication bucket officials once a week save their marriage. And then Bart reveals the scar here. You're not realizing that you're just watching this right, and you think they've actually revealed here that he's the evil You've already seen that the evil one was on that side, but reveals his scar.
Speaker 5: You should have been paying attention.
Speaker 4: Kids. Do you think I was blooded by the humor? Do you think many people wash this and realizing that moment, I don't reckon because it's not played up, is it? No?
Speaker 5: Not at all. They don't telegraph it one bit.
Speaker 4: No, So they go to look for him. But what's that? A place where only sick, twisted misfit would go at this?
Speaker 5: Later night?
Speaker 4: Radio Shack? What is radio Shack?
Speaker 5: I guess our version of strain would be like Dick Smith Radio. Okay, yeah, let's sell electronics and stuff on the powerhouse. Yeah that's right, Smith Powerhouse. What a place.
Speaker 4: I bought so many TV shows from there, DVD's and CDs.
Speaker 5: I think Radio Shack was probably more.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Electronic Gear Electronics Retailer, which was established in nineteen twenty one as an amateur radio mail order business. It's original parent company, Radio Shack Corporation was purchased by Tandy Electronics. Oh my god, Tandy. Yeah, we don't have Tandies anymore, do we?
Speaker 5: No, it probably still exists.
Speaker 4: I would love to go to a Tandy. Yeah, just in a very low key handy. Let's look at that Tandy Electronics Australia. I swear it must be gone. Tandy Electronics was n a retailers originally operated by the American Tandy Corporation, later International Tandy. Tandy, what a good word, Tandy, very very Tandy.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm assuming that it was started by mister or miss Tandy. I can only hope that they cashed out.
Speaker 4: And I guess who bought them, the Woolworths group. Wool Is what are you doing? Come on? The brand exists, ceased to exist after it was phased out by Woolworths and twenty eleven so it got up to twenty eleven. So I made it in the twenty first centry. What do you think the meaning of Tandy would be if Tandy was a way to describe somebody, it might it feels like a bit of a bit Randy, Like, oh she's a bit Tandy? In't he's a bit Tandy? Tandy and Randy. Oh you're not that, you bit Tandy.
Speaker 5: It's summertime and everyone's feeling a bit tandy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like touchy and handy together. It's a bit handy. It's too great taste taste together. That's under where Tandy. Yeah you did get merchandise of Tandy on it. Nick feeling a bit Tandy, Yeah, I feeling a bit is a Bart you take a shower? I think is when he's it's just a love joy at dinner. He's feeling a bit randy. Cat.
Speaker 5: But but we.
Speaker 4: Should do that episode. We should girlfriend. But for now we're doing the thing.
Speaker 5: And I we now return you to Yeah, treehouse apart Tang Electronics.
Speaker 4: What a time to be alive?
Speaker 5: Where were we up to?
Speaker 4: Though? In the episode Ready radio shack? You still haven't take the hockey game?
Speaker 2: You're here, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: Bart, I never left you.
Speaker 4: What do you want from me?
Speaker 3: You'll see after the surgery.
Speaker 4: You go here and he's got a plate of fish heads which people eat fish heads, which disgusts me. Yeah, like they cut it like it's a steak.
Speaker 5: You're like, no, no, literally really dry reachsticking about to quote missus Barolowski.
Speaker 4: Just give me a nice fish, filet fish a fish or filet file it to fish? You say philet or fill it. I've always said phil it because that's that's just because what everyone says you. But it's filet a fish, right. Apparently so has anyone. I've never seen anyone to a file fish field of fish at any days. I've never seen anyone eating one. I've never seen one. I've never seen one in the flesh. I've never seen one. Oh no, no, I means it's still in the menu. Must be. I guess it's just a round of fish finger yess't act rectangle, that's not even let's not even think about it. The food was an outcast, but you're going to sew them back together. Everything's going to be all good, he guys, says, so don't worry. I made a pigeon rat. And then we get the punch in the framing because he arrives and stop, you go, stop here, don't do this, and we get the punch frame bang.
Speaker 1: You know, isn't it interesting how the left or sinister twin is invariably the evil one. I had this theories. Wait a minute, you go, Scar is on the wrong side. It couldn't have been the evil left twin. That means the evil twin is and always has been.
Speaker 3: But oh, don't look so shocked.
Speaker 5: So is the reveal here that Button knew this whole time? Because it doesn't. Really, it doesn't doesn't make sense. Well, if why is he being so sort of scared of.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make sense he always knew, But this kind of revealed kind of gives a vibe that I always knew, but I was evil. Maybe I didn't know that I had a he was the evil one who knows? Look at it both ways. Does this kid's spent his entire life locked in the attic getting fed fish ets trop This one up to careless that's in my part cuts to the family eating a roast youner with dodr Hibbitt and Hugo, who eats his napkin and but is now locked in the attic.
Speaker 5: You'd like some roast finishing fish fisher, fish ets person. I put the foot down last night with the kids.
Speaker 4: Hollies now realized I'm not hungry, and she sort of it and she's got away with it a couple of nights in a row, and I went you know what. No, no, no, it's tea time. You're not getting anything else. You will sit at the table. I'm not hungry. I'm like, that's fine, but you will sit at the table until everybody else is finished. To Alliot has finished his food. You'll say that litt but I'm not hungry. I'm like, that's fine. I'm gonna tell you right now, if it was ten nk Nuggas sitting right in front of you, smash him all down. So she just sat there and eventually she.
Speaker 5: Ate her food.
Speaker 4: Well done, yeah, nick For once it was it was Nicholas kind of like. I was like, no, no, Nicola, I've got this. And then she ate her lasagna. It was lasagna. I'm like, I know you like lasagna. Lasagna is delicious. No kid should be turning down lasagna. Eat your damn lazagnia, and she ate the damn lazagna.
Speaker 5: Parenting tips from Brendon very good parenting tips as well.
Speaker 4: I said to I said, well, if you don't hat it now, it's what you're getting for breakfast tomorrow. Nicholas says you can't have Nikola help. You won't be here.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you this will be her breakfast, but Nicola appreciated that whole finger do a little finger wave, but that went down a tree.
Speaker 4: Next episode, Genesis Tub so Lisa has lost her tooth. Alice lost five teeth as we record this, So I got holds everywhere, gaps everywhere. The moment I got a gap, I had had it ripped out.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Luke was like what Yeah, I said, margis were do nothing?
Speaker 5: These are the options the dentists. Preadsent me, Well, there's not much on South Park. Yeah, do nothing, remove tooth, root canal, die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is also option.
Speaker 5: Deep deep sense for death.
Speaker 6: Yea, And.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the root canal is something going to be something like three grand And he said there was a possibility that it wouldn't even work, that it's a bit of a mess and all that, And I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, it sounds painful a root canal. It really does.
Speaker 5: I said, look, is this going to affect you know, the shape of my face, the structural integrity of my jaw, like me, my ability to to stay. You're gonna be fine if I've got the wearwe all of the later on, just getting get an implant whacked in.
Speaker 4: Was like you had your tooth ripped out.
Speaker 5: Shod.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, like that, how did you do it? You tied a string around it, and then a cheeseburg and a fact you chased out wingers and a hungry dog, but nobody is You took me to a butcher shot you get a little wiener dog.
Speaker 5: I I make it a just a what do you call it? An implant? Slept in there a little bit later, but it's right up the back.
Speaker 4: Who gives a kid? Who gives a care? No one cares, No one cares at all.
Speaker 5: We don't care. Move on, story about your teeth. Nobody cares.
Speaker 4: But so I want to touch on first. It was one of my favorite moments because I have the bit of a factory. I saved it for this. So the sequence were the tiny spaceships attack bart right. I loved the visual of that. It reminded me of the canyon shot in Star Wars. Almost that's not called the canyon, what is it? Trench? The trench, That's that's the word. Yes, it mean of like a video game, something like like Galaxyan, so that or Galagher. That was the very one of the very first times they use computer animation on The Simpsons. Yeah, it did feel different too, did yea? And the computer was used to build models for reference, and then the animators later retraced over it. Yeah, but it keeps off of Lisa. She's lost her tooth.
Speaker 3: Sciences already proving the dangers of smoking, alcohol and Chinese food, but I can still ruin soft drinks for everyone.
Speaker 4: So basically her plan is it's a science fair and she's going to leave her tooth and let it rot or be going to be dissolved by it's going.
Speaker 5: To pull the buzz and yeah, see what the because yeah that was a big thing for a while. Yeah, if your parents want to turn you off cokes, like you know that tooth that teeth, Yeah, you know that tooth that just fell out instead of you know, well, we'll give you twenty cents for it, or that's inflation. But also we're going to take that tooth and put in this glass of coke and see what does the tooth. It's going to do it to your teeth. I don't care, it's tasty coke.
Speaker 4: When you were a kid, did you put your teeth when it fail out your tooth? Did you put it in a glass of water for the toothairy in England, they don't do that. They put it under the pillow, under the pillow like savages.
Speaker 5: Look, Nicolay, I put it.
Speaker 4: The glass of water. Nicola goes, what are you doing? I said, for the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy just put under the pillow.
Speaker 5: How am I meant to reach in and get that us and replace it with a shiny gold coin?
Speaker 4: That that's true, yes, but also said, but how do you explain to Elliott how the tooth fairy was able to do that? And look, magic doesn't work all the time. You caps have always fall back on magic. I said that the.
Speaker 5: Tooth you put it in the glass of water keeps it clean.
Speaker 4: She goes, well, you can get your hand were I'm like, never showered, never down the raine. But she looks me like I was some kind of insane person putting a glass of water beside the bed. Said, you know, sometimes you are very differently. So Elliott does it the Australian, the correct Australian. So Bart is going to be doing the experiment of do nerds conducting electricity. I thought this was a really nice touch.
Speaker 5: The whole standard alectricity creating the Yeah, yeah, it gives it. It gives it a flimsy and probably non factual basis in science.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure does any one else suffer from this? Pushing the kids around in the trolley right.
Speaker 5: We don't have to pushing the kids around like y I did that.
Speaker 4: But whenever I'm pushing kids around the trolley right and they're sitting in the trolley at the front, if I'm in the supermarket, ever, and they touched me every time, and then I set the whole thing zap, zap, zap, and I'm like, stop touch a bad because I've never I thought this fear of the zap. When I was a child on the trampoline, I'd always jump over the bars. I just got the fear of the static. It doesn't hurt you, but I just it's a literal shock. Yeah, but balloon's popping. I hate the sound of balloon's popping. That's why I can't blow balloons. What else you like.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 4: We got all? But do you have like a ridiculous fear of something? Not a fear but people.
Speaker 5: Some people have fears of moths, you know, not like moths. Something I really don't like is there was like an.
Speaker 4: Acrylic fabric that track sis used to be made out of. You Now, now now that we've got like you, I swear you wear like a variant of the north Face jacket every time you're here, north Face Friend of the Poor.
Speaker 5: It's the same jack which different color.
Speaker 4: Blue, won a grain one green. We would gought three days a week, so it's correct with the same three jackets. The maths is uh yeah, there was a croolic sort of fabric that tracks. It's just to be made of like nylon or something, and if you touched it just the right one, Oh god, this feels terrible. Well to me, it felt terrible. Or if you had the slightest bit of.
Speaker 5: A hangnail or something, it would catch in it and it would just send like full body. And to this day it's like ana, still don't like it. Don't like it, do not.
Speaker 4: Want The sound I hate is nails being clipped. Oh I hate it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Fingernail stuff is right up there for me, real trauma inducing stuff like cutting.
Speaker 4: A nail too close to the quick.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you know, you get a little bit of a hangnail and goes a little bit too far. You ripped the hangout. Now the too far now now now it's like down to the second. This is the kind of quality competent people tuning in. I don't want to hear us talk about the genesis tub.
Speaker 4: But Lisa then finds mold the following night. He's very happy. It's signs fair pay dirt, as she says, and she's looking through the microscope. What was it the changes from one to ten. Well, that's the emphasise increasing the magnification. At first, she's like, it looks the same. Ah, then you changed the first of all was just on one time, and she changed it the tent of one hundred, and she realized there's little people. She's created life Lisa breakfast, I meet wiffles. Oh, waffles, I've created life waffles. More important, gets down there, realized that it's not waffles, it's square pancakes. Square pancakes. That was just the reason to get her to leave the room and come back. Correct. Well, they they evolved pretty quickly two minutes, yes, but they've they've reached a renaissance. I've created Lutherans and then the electricity overnight. So the evolving very very quickly. It's like looking into the future potentially, you know, the lights are coming on the little glow from over the bed.
Speaker 5: It was really good.
Speaker 4: This episode is really good visually, it wasn't it. I love the opening shot of the next one as well, Went Home. It's just fishing at those sons going down the front thing. But so she's like looking to the future and Bart walks in and squash it with his finger, and very traumatic.
Speaker 5: Very traumatic. Now I know that he doesn't know what he's.
Speaker 4: Doing, doesn't Yeah, he's trying to grow a friend. But yeah, very annoying on Bart's part that someone would just fuck with your project like that. But a little guys. I like the detail of the fingerprint in the tooth. Yeah, that's an actual fingerprint. Yeah. But the ships then at night attack Bart and as we're discussing his computer animal, it just looked cool, did Yeah, they don't mess with these guys, Absolutely no. But then I like the visual of them going through his head. Did you see them in the eyes? Very cartoony, but I like that. Then he goes to confront them and he says, if you can't watch them all the time, eventually's going to be flush toilet time for Tiny Tank, toilet time for Tiny town. Yeah, and they've sucked Lisa down in now, which apparently those rings were.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the classic German sci fi movie Metropolis.
Speaker 4: That's it, you're one of your favorite films?
Speaker 5: Right, not one of my favorites, but certainly it's the poster of it though, right, I do, because.
Speaker 4: It's just cool art decker looking stuff.
Speaker 5: You post her. Oh, I am a complete poster on the wall, and you're like, I like the movie. I didn't say I disliked the movie.
Speaker 4: Tell us your favorite song by Nirvana, like Spirit one of those girls I saw. We saw girls walking around the beach yesterday, went to the beach and they were wearing like guns n' roses Nirvana and did you go up and say who I was walking past? And then they and then they put on they had that, They had a boom box. They had these like you know, like we're in a hot tip time machine. They had these eighties all one was like van Halen like it's basically all going to cotton on and bought like a different band shirt and then they put on no Scrubs by TLC. I'm like, what is happening here? You're wearing a Nirvana shirt with TLC no scrubs.
Speaker 5: You encountered a bunch of classic Young Lady well done. Yes, I was impressed.
Speaker 4: It's kind of cool that these kids are like listening to the classics as it's now a classic, I guess, but it was bizarre Navana with TLC. By the way, my favorite Nevana song is Lithium is it? I like that one a lot Cha Box. I like archa Box a lot. I have always been a fan of Have you ever heard of Sliver? Yes? Yes, that's sort of like a B side one that I really really liked. But the Train New has always been my major song favorite, but smells like teen spirit. I can very take it or leave it. I understand it changed everything. Yes, but I don't need to hear that song of regain in my life.
Speaker 5: It's sort of it's not reaching piano man status, but it's like we're hearing this too often?
Speaker 4: Did you know that? By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Signfold, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and The Movie Guys. Plus you also get early and add free access to four Finger discount going down to south Park TV launch Pod, and the one about friends. That's twenty hours of pod cast each month for the cost of a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Fie, God, it got here, so.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and support your palas guying down there today at patreon dot com. Slash four finger discount link is a description of this podcast. So then she's been sucked in now by the debigulator and uh, it's basically just frank in there speaking of that. Spoke to our Mankazari last week. Now, Yes, so if you want to hear that, it's on the two new a Gym Comings podcast. Jim and I spoke with Hankazaria for over an hour. Wow, it was I was halfway through the episode going, this is a big deal for me. Thankfully I didn't come across like a super fan. He came across like a super fan for Jim Cummings. That's very nice. Yeah, yeah, it was quite good. But check it out. Yes, and then yeah, we we've learned to speak English because we listened to you speak and we can imitate you exactly.
Speaker 8: You think I'm God, but of course you look down on us from heaven. You'll give us life, and only your device intervention can save us from the devil.
Speaker 4: The devil.
Speaker 1: What devil the one you call bond?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you don't understand.
Speaker 7: That's just my brother, not devil is your brother.
Speaker 8: I must say, we find that quite perplexing.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 7: Hi, Bill Watson, I live in the Clark Building.
Speaker 4: I have a question.
Speaker 7: If you're so good, why do you allow bad things to happen?
Speaker 4: Why am I show fat?
Speaker 5: That's probably the first question you ever ask God.
Speaker 4: It's really the traditional yeah God, ever case, like, why do bad things having to good people? That's what give me a legitimate reason why that happens? That's Baby's first atheism. Why am I so fat? That's the second question. And she says, she says she needs to get back up this so she can fix things. And that's going some kind of read Big Leader. And then Bart the Destroyer of returns. This shot here has always felt like it's from something where there's a crowd and Holy Baby goes no, yeah, from something it feels like it is.
Speaker 5: It feels like a nineteen fifties like sci fi. Actually, the Oh Later. It's the ship hit in the in Citizen Kang when the Flying Sourcer hits H's the White House. That's a director lift from Earth versus the flying sources.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's been name checked on the show once before it okay, by which I mean on full thing a discount, but yeah, that's yeah, sort of people running looking back with like that. That's straight out of a nine in the horror movie or sci fi movie. Yep.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to kill them all, but no, he's going to be winning the science contests or or Martin couldn't even get it with these milk milk box, ukulelea whatever, yeah juice box yeah, yeah, yeah, And Lisa is now stuck in her lousy tub for the rest of her life. Shouldn't you people be groveling give me shoes. She want sucks, I'll get sucks. That it's Citizen Kang. And I love the opening shot here. I was talked about early morning. This is like dusk. So I was just fishing on a boat, relaxing. No, I don't care about catch a fish. Then start screaming the fish the bait don't maybe come down there. Then a ship comes down with the claw machine. You talk about lovely visuals.
Speaker 5: By the way, the fact that he's sort of looking in the in the water of the shop from the water looking up and you see the animation really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I just love the piss take of the cor machine here where just comes down, picks him up and drops him. Now, we went to time zone yesterday. Here there's the West time zone. And I watched this guy, legit I Reckon spent probably fifty dollars on the corn machine trying to pick up an Optimus Prime toy, like a pretty fairly big one, right, not not huge one, like a decent sized one. And he still didn't get it. And I was just like, it's just a toy. Just go to the shop and buy one for ten Bucksack.
Speaker 5: He sat there.
Speaker 4: It's just it was there for like fifteen minutes, just trying to win his Optimus Prime to It's an obsession, I guess, isn't it. Oh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I've never been a big claw machine guy.
Speaker 4: I like the candy ones because you generally, generally you win something in the canyon, even if it's just a couple of chocolates. But you think this probably costs like ten centence of.
Speaker 5: Correct, yes, yeah, if you start thinking about again, if you start running the numbers.
Speaker 4: Like ah. I was a bit scared for my parents this week because they came in like, we just went to the pokes. We won three thousand dollars, and I was like, oh no, that's where it starts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, to quote the Steve Millerman, take the money and run. So then how this is an old timer of a line by the way.
Speaker 2: From Homer, Oh my god speech aliens, don't you have a wife and kids?
Speaker 4: Hit them? Hit them? That's iconic, that's fantastic. A lot of good stuff in the in these three segments. Yeah, yeah, it is. What it's revealed that Codos is King's sister. And then they home thinks, well, you're an alien. You can have to probe me, because that's just to go to, isn't it. You know, probing me. It's the only way I can go inside through the bum And they've reached their limits with recto probing. Well what they can teach us, So now they want to be taken to the leader. I suppose you gets President Clinton, but there's gonna be an election he's gonna get said mumbley Joe Bumble Joe. Wow, since since his reds the future again? Yes, and then there's Bob Doll grab grab doll in Clinton from their various beds. What is this?
Speaker 5: I don't need this.
Speaker 4: Some kind of do yes, And they commenced the bio duplication, and which is why I never really understood the reveal at the end. It's a slight thing, it's not a nippy but it's just they become the person. Then why did they rip off the mask to the end, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. Duplication war off that has made fancy suits. That's a good justification. Well so home's like, I'm a conspiracies. Was it naked conspiracies? You know, aliens invasions? Linden and Laruche was right? Who's Linden and Laruche? That's a good question. Can you tell me? Oh, I just whenever it's like an old timy reference. I'm like, guy, well know, guy does not know who Linda Laruche is. Let's have a look.
Speaker 5: Linden H. Larus LaRue lar Lyndon LaRouche was an American political activist who founded the Laruche Movement and its main organization, the National Court. He was a prominent conspiracy theorist and perennial presidential candidate. He began in far left politics in the nineteen forties and later supported the civil rights movement, but in the nineteen seventies he moved to the far right. His movement is sometimes described as liken to a cult.
Speaker 4: Convicted of fraud, he said five years in prison from eighteen nine to ninety four. Lynn, it started off so strong conspiracy theories. When that happened, that's a great thing about conspiracy, or is you can just tie any thing. It was like I got too close the bars. You're sure you went a fraud. That's why I was talking recently just off there then about AFL and Straight for Board, the trade period. And it's just when media just write out a story like my source, and it's like it's all bushes. Well, I can't reveal my sources.
Speaker 5: You're just making it up.
Speaker 4: That's why I can't reveal my source. My sources say, But they spray Homer with so nobody will believe in the story.
Speaker 5: And I thought that's quite nice of them. They could have killed him. They just kick about covering.
Speaker 4: M Rum and the family are now watching that the following So that was overnight, I'm assuming So it was out all night fishing. Yes, the sun was going down, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Yes, he comes back in the morning, the family watching Clinton on the news, and yeah, just said something silly and communication flick WILLI Why, yeah, that's lick will talk. Yes, so there are a few moments here where it's obviously it's Clinton and Dole. But this here could just be like, as I said, a direct parody of as politics in general. You can assign these to any politician race, very race, but just slick Willy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So then did actually call him slick Willy?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, Homer says he caught I love that. He starts the story. I was just catching the biggest fish you've ever seen, every fisherman and yeah, sure you were rumming. You weren't abducted by aliens at all. And Bob Dole is on the news says your planet is doomed.
Speaker 6: Doomed.
Speaker 5: That's very much, that's Ralph.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there we go, and a refreshmently frank response from candidate bubb Doll.
Speaker 6: Abortions for all, very well, no abortions for anyone, abortions for some miniature American flags for others.
Speaker 4: So good. You feel like you can say this is twenty twenty four and it will still get like does still work.
Speaker 5: It's an evergreen line. It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: And then the dole in Clinton are now holding hands down the street and they're talking about how easy politics in America is. He always to do is just bland pleasantries and followed by either a sax solo or an infant kiss. Yes, and the Democratic National Party arrivee they go. So I just want to ask him, why are you holding his hands? Why are they holding hands to exchange long protein strings? Protein strings? Yeah, you can think of a better way. I'd like to know it. And then I've never noticed this, I call me never knows how it was following them as I was running behind him. He's like sneaking and watching them, and it's debate night, and I think this is the probably the line always I love the most. When I was a young boy, I always dreamed of being a baseball. They've nearly got it, they have m quite got it, but people does numb enough to buy into it anyway.
Speaker 2: My fellow American.
Speaker 7: As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball. But tonight I say we must move forward, not backward, Upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, swirling towards freedom.
Speaker 5: So fun.
Speaker 4: Fact, now you played this at the Simpsons panel at the SACAC this year. Right. So, back in twenty thirteen, there was a clip of Kamala Harris filmed reciting that the line. Right, do you know why? It was part of a scavenger hunt in Chicago for the University of Chicago where they had to get so. Challenge number sixty eight required an elected public official who asserts, either on video or in person, in their country should move forward, not backward, output not forward, and always torn towards freedom. And she did that. And I don't think you watched a video. I don't think she quite realizes she thinks it's a funny, silly line, but it's now Simpsons reference and now they're using it as saying she's like us. So this was filmed eleven years ago. Oh my goodness, but people are using that video. The video went viral again and they were saying, look, she's she's just like she's just like I was looking at her. She's even quoting the Simpsons. He goes, yeah, she didn't know what she was doing. We never quoted the Simpsons in her life, never watched the Simpsons, that's for sure. But that's just twelve in towards me, and everybody's falling for it. But then how interrupts though, and he says they're all terrible space aliens, and no, I'm believing. They throw him out and take your sting and flag with you, and he finds the ship, which was a great reveal, a tiny bush. Oh it was a giant ship behind it, and then he lets the fluid out of the tube. He saves Clinton, saves Dole as well, and they realize here, America can only be great if we worked together. So be a bright future ahead for America. But unfortunately Homer kills them. Yeah that was a little bit of a surprise, and they're out in space and oh no, they're not going to read it. They're dying. Ye. So the very thing is they're in Springfield, right, the debate is being held in Springfield. Where the fuck was he driving the space ship? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, space?
Speaker 4: But the politics of failure have failed, and they look forward to an orderly election tomorrow to luinate any need for a violent blood math. And Homer eventually rips off the mass here and as revealed, they are terrible.
Speaker 5: Imagine this happened in real life?
Speaker 4: Oh my, what would you actually think if it was like all this time the celebrities were lizard people and like it was proved, Oh ship they were? They actually were?
Speaker 5: Oh god, I think my initial thought would be like, this is a very elaborate, deep fake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless I saw it with my own if you were there in person and they revealed that they actually were lizard.
Speaker 5: People, and even then I have we go, what kind of stunt are they pull in it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who's who's behind all this? You know? Have I been have I been dosed with some kind of hallucinogen? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Would you apologize to all the crazies?
Speaker 4: Oh? Of course, I don't deserve it. But it's a two party system. You have to vote for one of us. I well for a third party. Now, who's the guy has a hat?
Speaker 5: That's Ross Perot, who actually was an independent candidate, whether it was in ninety six or before then. But he was like he was a like a billionaire or a millionaire out of Texas, okay, and not a weird little guy, but he was like a little guy and he kind of seemed like a bit of a Okay, he seems smart, but not in the way that you want necessarily a leader to be.
Speaker 4: He's kind of like, we're gonna do it by way. He actually seemed like that way the way he seems like that kind of person, like I don't know, you always seems it's good to have an alternative. But also he seemed kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not crazy, but just you wouldn't suscribe to his news.
Speaker 4: Like a little bit eccentric.
Speaker 5: I think you might need to be running up against the Democrats and the Republicans.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But the guy though, who says I vote for a third party. He the design of him is just skinner with black hair. Oh okay, Yeah. It always puzzled me the head by because season eight they always made sure that they didn't do this kind of shit. But yeah, it was just skinn of a black hair. But it's an inauguration day and Kang is now president President Kang am we get the iconic.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why we have to build a ray gun to aim in a planet I never.
Speaker 6: Even heard of.
Speaker 2: Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.
Speaker 4: At the end of Trios of Horror seven. It is what a pearla.
Speaker 5: It's a good one. Yeah, not, I don't think there's too much in this. Almost anything in this that we're going that kind of sucked.
Speaker 4: Or nothing sucked.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I mean some bits were better than others, but there weren't any bits that maybe going well, I forget it. It was good.
Speaker 4: It was a good blend of it felt like Twilight Zone horror. Yeah, didn't it. That's what Genesis Tub was absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it's a good yeah, blend of horror stars and all good blae of genre styles as well.
Speaker 4: Got a bit of sci fi and thething I could put on for the kids. Yeah, you've got they're going to be scared by this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've got legitimate science fiction in the Genesis Tub and.
Speaker 4: Side fiction with the aliens as well. That's yeah.
Speaker 5: But in the first horror it's actual science related first one horror without gore pretty much. Yeah, good stuff. I really really like this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Treos of Horror seven.
Speaker 4: Good selection by you, Dando. Yes. Now, next week we shall be doing our review of the finale of season nineteen. And I'm got to say, last week I was talking about how.
Speaker 5: Excited I was.
Speaker 4: I haven't washed it yet, but it's the it's the episode I've been warned about oh okay. Then it is narrated by one side show Mal, so it's a Lisa episode narrated by sidecho Mal. Lisa becomes his assistant. I think chausse He's assistant.
Speaker 5: These are two great taste that don't taste great together.
Speaker 4: We shall find out maybe could be good. As we say, go in with low expectations and we should be fine. But yeah, Trisafar said, have you guy enjoyed our review? What are you doing for Halloween? Do you do anything for Halloween? Not really doesn't savvy Steve savy Steve it.
Speaker 5: Goes wild on Halloween. I will go over and help him out. I will hand out a few goodie bags for the kids.
Speaker 4: That's just tomorrow. It's something I do every week.
Speaker 5: Much of that, that's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Much of the sugarine of every parent.
Speaker 5: And they it's like, stop giving our kids stuff.
Speaker 4: You're creeping us out. No, But otherwise nah, I don't really sort.
Speaker 5: Of go too crazy for Halloween. Maybe watch a spooky movie. Yeah, when is it on the weekend this year?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think it is. So Holy's birthdays are twenty first and it's on a Monday. Ten days of seven. It's going to be Thursday. Yeah, like quickly we did that. That's pretty clever. Next year, we just reminded me my friend he got into the ballot for o wasted tickets, which is today at ten am as we recall this, I hope you got tickets.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I've got to get tickets tomorrow for Fat Boy Slim.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, see with a waste because the reason I said this is because they're gonna be playing October thirty first next year. So basically I had to enter a drawer to go into a ballot to be able to get access to tickets for Oasis.
Speaker 5: And he's from the good old days of like you know, blood up, putting your sleeping BG out front of the ticket mat not even Ticketmaster were. They're good old days though, better than these go.
Speaker 4: Into a ballot to be able to buy you. I don't know if I mean you felt like a boss if you lined up and you're like, you know what the thing is, Though someone got good tickets for a concert, you know they earned them. Yes, your grand Fire tickets, you earned them. This this feels like more like a lottery. Yeah, I don't ever like it. Yeah, these girls were in a Vanagh shirts. Never been an Oasis song in your life, you have a line up of tickets in your life? Yes, all right, So Halloween for us, I've got my I'm going to be dressing up as Alan grant one Dressy Park. I've got the glasses, the hat, the shirt, the red bandanna, and I've got an electronic puppet that is a baby t Rex so it looks like I'm handling a baby t Rex. Ah, I'm going all out this year, but the last three years of it has been just up a Scooby Doo case. I'm like, well, I've got a mascot Scooby Do out it. I'm just gonna wear this. But it's hard to walk around. It's okay, it's hot in there, and people never say can I.
Speaker 5: Get a photo with you?
Speaker 4: I'm just like, I can't see you, and the kids are walking up like winning a high five, but I know they're then I feel bad because like you needn't snow my head.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I can't see you.
Speaker 4: Kid, Bro, you get in front of me, like I've got like this much space to see, just this fin area. But so I'm not gonna Scooby Doo this year. I've given that to Uncle Darren. Oh but I never appreciate that. Yeah he does.
Speaker 5: He love Scooby Doo.
Speaker 4: Anyway, all right, guys, thanks for listening to our review of Treehouse of Horror seven classic review for this month. It's Halloween, so we thought we'd do a Trees of Horror next week. We'll be the finale of season nineteen. Don't forget to support us on pageon if you can do so for just at as little as one dollar to do per month. It all goes towards keeping the lights on here at the four fing of Discamp Network and continue to get those reviews in on Spotify and Apple podcasts. Do love reading them each and every week. I said it, like my Sunday night, I sit down and read the new review.
Speaker 5: So I do read them.
Speaker 4: Thank you for you support and check us five stars as well. We've got nearly four hundred and five star reviews now on Spotify. We've had nearly sixteen hundred reviews on Apple Podcasts a week doing very well. Guys.
Speaker 5: Wow, what are they are they? What are they saying good things? Saying good things?
Speaker 4: Yes? See nice to us? Why are they so fat?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Any five the words for the listeners out there. Don't blame me. I've voted for Dando.