Speaker 1: Yeah, RiPP.
Speaker 2: You needed, that's who you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk, seven one three eight, two five five. Here to help you, solve problems, answer questions taking place, make your life a little easier. No comments, no comments on my uh tan, people say, Tom, you look so y'all. Listen, I went to Hawaii all almost a lot of December, so I can't help my color. So no comments, morons. Those are the people watching you, those listening, Welcome. We are here to solve problems, answer should take complaints, and our time here pleasant and helpful to all my desires to make your life easier, honest to God, that's what I want to do. So what is going on in your life? All you have to do is call us now. You can call twenty four to seven three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six y six, or you can call three oh three Martino three. I mean I said three of them are three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five when we're in the studio. Now, by the way, this now I brought to you by waterpros dot net. The best water systems, the lowest prices you can find anywhere, and the best systems right now. Man, the specials are incredible. Let me just go over those real quick, because you know, there's nothing, nothing more important than pure water, nothing more important than pure water. A special right now, twenty four ninety five for a whole house smart computer water softening system, a whole house. You can't even touch it. Now thirty six ninety five, get your whole house conditioner and forever chemical protection. You can get reverse osmosis at the kitchen sink for eleven hundred prices that have never been lower. Three oh three eight six two five five five four. My friend Paul thewaterman dot com three oh three eight six two five five five four. So what's on your mind? I have Brian Burns with the Compass Insurance Group. Now, Brian, I'm going to bring up the uh, the old wide shot. Brian's over here to my right and UH, Brian Insurance, what's going to happen in California? I know you've guys discussed this before. What does this mean for the insurance industry? Are people going to be able to buy insurance? For God's sakes? Yeah.
Speaker 5: In California, it's especially it's a different circumstance because the insurance companies had already done a lot of the non renewals prior to the fire. So a lot of the companies, specifically State Farm had pulled out and had non renewed a bunch this summer. So the biggest exposure is with their fair plan, which is their you know, insure of last resort, And so that's who's going to take a huge hit on this, on this fire loss. And basically what that is is all the insurance companies have participated with it, and I think in California that it's got some state funds associated with it too. But what I've read is that they only had a billion dollars of reinsurance for that program. What reinsurance, So insurance companies have to get insurance is the easiest explanation. They get insurance for catastrophic losses. If something like this were to happen, they don't have enough money to be able to.
Speaker 4: Pay out bring down an insurance company.
Speaker 5: Well, the fair plan isn't an insurance company. But yeah, you know, we've seen an insurance company out before. Yeah, I mean we saw it with AIG if you remember back in the day whenever the financial crisis hit, uh and they were going bankrupt and federal government stepped in and had to loan them money. So yes, it can bring down an insurance company.
Speaker 4: So right now, what does it do for us and people around the country. Will it affect all of us in the aggregate?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, insurance is all about spreading the risk from you know, a.
Speaker 4: Small from the few to the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the whole concept behind insurance. So it's impossible to think that this won't have an effect on the entire country. But more than that, if we're looking more locally, in addition to possibly premium changes because of this, what you're going to find is that their insurance companies are going to get tighter and tighter on fire prone areas. And it's not like they have it already. Here in Colorado, you're seeing you know, Evergreen and places that are subject to a greater likelihood of fire. Those are going to become harder and harder to find insurance. And you know, Colorado is coming out with their own version of a fair plan like I just mentioned, So there will be an insurer last resort, but it's not going to be overly affordable, and there's going to be such limitations. It's really bad coverage. Just it's terrible coverage. It's ACV on everything, So it's actual cash value on everything the Colorado Fair Plan, and the max residential value is seven hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: Well, people are going to lose equity if they have total losses most of the time. Most of the time, the equity you've built up is gone. You're gonna have all you can do to rebuild. Yeah. Some people even ended up with mortgages up north here in Colorado where they're going to end up with new mortgages even if houses were paid off, Yeah, or bigger mortgages.
Speaker 5: And as you can imagine that that bigger mortgage mortgage also will probably be a higher percentage than what they had previously.
Speaker 4: Is there anything, But there's really nothing we can do to prevent that. Is there not catastrophic loss? No? I don't think you can adequately assure against it.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you can get a policy that has the uncapped placement costs.
Speaker 4: Where it can truly cont ever it cut whatever is. There's such a thing.
Speaker 5: There is, absolutely, There's not many carriers that have it, but we have. I have three carriers that offer uncaptured replacement costs.
Speaker 4: Tell me what Tell me what that would mean to someone versus a cap okay cost? Yep? So or do you want to take a specific you want to take my house and have your people run it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: As far as what the replacement costs I have right now on top? What do you have uncapped?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I do you do? Yep? You're with one of those carriers that offers uncapped replacement costs?
Speaker 4: Well, how much would I say if I had twenty five or thirty percent?
Speaker 5: Well, they don't even offer it. Your own particular carrier doesn't. But yeah, if if a carrier offers it, it's a no brainer to take it, because you're not talking about a big difference in print.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: The problem is most carriers don't offer it.
Speaker 4: The most in my carry Again, I'm not pure? Is that mine? Yes? Yeah, yep. And again these guys I have so much trust in them. I know what I have, don't I don't want to sound vacant, but I put so much trust in them. They just tell me, you know what I should do, and and that that's really what you want, by the way, but you have to earn that trust. You can't just hire someone. And I mean this has been many, many, many years. So okay, so again this is really important, really important, and we're gonna revisit it. I'm going to go to the phones. Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, Peter. What's happening, bro? What's going on? Peter?
Speaker 7: So you real quick? I uh signed up for a subscription service for for medication from a place called Hams.
Speaker 4: And what kind of medication Peter?
Speaker 7: It was the stuff to make you happy?
Speaker 4: The the are you talking about testosterone?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, I it's for sex. It's I got like it was like what's it called called padela fill or something like that.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, you're talking about like like a generic biagra or cialis exactly exactly.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: I often wonder why people don't go to their primary care for that stuff, yeah, you know, including hormone replacement or or at least a concierge doctor that does this. But it's okay, I mean, you know, the real, the real deal with ED medicine is that you use it properly and you get the real stuff. I mean, and Hymn's has the real stuff.
Speaker 7: They do correct. So but you make a great point, and it would be a lot easier just to go to your main doctor and be a lot cheaper too. But anyway, I didn't do that, and I got my first shipment from them, no problem. And they did another shipment a few days ago, and they want three hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: And now, wait a minute, what is the subscription all about?
Speaker 7: So it was basically it was like it was it wasn't very many pills. It was like it was like five pills or something. The first one was like maybe like seventy bucks or something like that.
Speaker 4: The second one, this seems like a lot of money.
Speaker 10: It does.
Speaker 4: I have primary care that primary Care takes care of that. It's really not expensive stuff.
Speaker 7: So the thing is the rub is that they they took out three hundred dollars out of my checking account. And I called and I said, I don't want.
Speaker 1: To do this.
Speaker 4: I want, but you must have agreed. You must have agreed to it, though right.
Speaker 7: I don't show anything that I agree to it. But the thing is it hasn't even shipped yet, it hasn't even been filled yet. But they won't get me my money back. They said that it's too late. But they haven't even like filled the prescription yet. They haven't done anything. And just sitting there, I mean, I haven't done anything.
Speaker 4: It's dark. Well that that that makes makes no sense to me. Man, it doesn't make that makes sense.
Speaker 7: I just put my money back and they when you call, and what I've learned.
Speaker 4: Now they actually they actually took it out of your account already. It's not a credit card, it was an actual, it was an ace. Why did you give them your ach information? Why'd you give them that?
Speaker 7: I don't have a credit cards anymore. I just I eliminated all credit cards.
Speaker 4: So here, let me give you. Let me give you some steps to take right now. Okay, man, you're not gonna you're not gonna like it. You not only have to stop the ach from future, you have to change banks. Okay, let me tell you why. I'll tell you why. When you have an account with a bank, you actually sign an agreement saying that if one account is short, they can go to another account in the same bank. You also sign an agreement you also sign an agreement saying that if you initiated an AH, you cannot stop that ach. If you initiated it with the vendor, the vendor has to stop it. So, in other words, this is if the if the vendor shows an agreement, even if you close the account and open another one with the same bank, the vendor can tap that count. So what bank do you have? I have a bell cup. You're going to literally have to close your account with them and open somewhere else at a new institution, and then you're going to have to deal with the money they took from you. Now, I have no doubt they had authorization to do so, and I don't know if you read your agreement. I don't like these places that force you into a subscription. Do not do it, in my opinion, do not do it. I mean, to me, they're crazy. I mean, why would you why? I mean, these people at Hymn's they want to do skincare, they want to do ED, they want to do compounded weight loss, they want to do anxiety medicines, chewables to grow hair. I mean, okay, it's a concept. Give it to him. Everything they need in one spot. But this I don't like subscription models. When I go to my primary care, they don't make me sign up every month. I don't want to do it. So that's the best advice I have for you right now.
Speaker 7: So that's pretty much just you don't think there's anything I can do to get my money back with.
Speaker 4: Them, like the well, one thing at a time, One thing at a time, bro protect future payments, get done. Then when you get that done, let's talk about then we'll talk about going after him. I mean, I mean that, but one thing at a time. I got to look into getting your money back on an ach Okay, so you may have to do a small claim score, but you gave them authorization.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, if you correct.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 7: I just think it's a simple fix for them. They just need to give them money money back. They haven't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they don't want to anything. They don't want to because they're greedy. Listen, when they're greedy, they don't want to. If they didn't ship, they could do it, but they don't because they're greedy. There's no other reason. And they're holding you to the letter of the law. Three all three seven, one, three, eight, two five five On Tom Martine, we are here to help you. Renew Home Innovations dot com. Beautiful porcelain showers, and I mean freaking beautiful. They're doing the whole thing at two or three days, seventy two months to pay with no interest. This is unheard of in the business. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. By the way, Kaenage Home Solutions. I want to talk a little bit about the Alpin window. Now, listen, there are all kinds of windows. These are made right here in Colorado for Colorado, and I've had them in my home. They were under a different name, but they were made right here in Colorado, same factory and everything. Wonderful windows. You might want to look into them, and that's kh Windows dot Com. Okay, So I wanted to mention that because they were some of the most superior windows I've had. Now, there's a lot to choose from, but it's good that you can shop around. Okay, Lisa, what's going on with you? Hello? Lisa, Lisa, Yes, can you what's going on with you? Lisa?
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm going to try to make it brief.
Speaker 12: So I went to we need new appliances in our kitchen. We have a very small kitchen, so we have been pricing and doing all that thing.
Speaker 11: So we decided Low's was our best option.
Speaker 13: There's the measurements, my husband did.
Speaker 11: I'll throw under the bus anyway.
Speaker 12: We took our measurements, talked.
Speaker 11: To the loads. He said, okay, that's great, and we ordered deliveries were set.
Speaker 12: Up for different days for different appliances. Well Bridge and my stove was coming last week, so the delivery guys showed up, took my stove and my refrigerator out, put it in the front yard.
Speaker 8: Brought in.
Speaker 12: The new stuff does not sit anywhere close like inches and inches.
Speaker 4: I can't open the well. Hold on, who did the measuring? My husband.
Speaker 11: That I asked the delivery guys.
Speaker 12: And we know that's on us.
Speaker 11: So I asked the delivery guys.
Speaker 12: I'm like, hey, can you just take these back to the warehouse, put my stuff back. I'll go down to lows, you know, we'll see what the fool's meant. And the guy looked at me and he goes now, and he starts speaking to me or speaking to his friend in Spanish, and I understand Spanish, and they were saying, I'm a stupid woman.
Speaker 14: They don't know how to measure, blah blah blah.
Speaker 12: Anyway, I call a friend of mine who gets on the phone with them.
Speaker 11: Who speaks for on Spanish, and says, please.
Speaker 12: Put her appliances back, take the news back to the warehouse. I'll go with her, you know, I'll come and measure for her and we'll get her new appliances. And the guy goes, now, we're not going to do that, and he drives. He just loads the stuff up on the truck and leaves with the new refrigerator.
Speaker 4: And by the way. Did you offer? Did you offer to pay them extra for that?
Speaker 15: I did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you did. And why wouldn't they want to make some extra money? That is?
Speaker 12: I said, man, I'll give you fifty bucks, just please put my stuff back.
Speaker 8: I'll even help.
Speaker 9: And they said no.
Speaker 12: So then they started getting nasty. They were talking to my friend on the phone, and you know, they drove off. So I called my husband at work.
Speaker 1: He comes home.
Speaker 12: I take off and go right to Lows and I talked to.
Speaker 11: The sales guy who helped us, and he goes and gets his manager and he says.
Speaker 4: Now, did they take the other appliances back? Hold on, did they take the new appliances back?
Speaker 12: No, they left them in the middle of my kitchen, not hooked up.
Speaker 11: Okay, they're literally sitting in.
Speaker 4: The go ahead my kitchen, all right, So what happened?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 16: I tell you.
Speaker 12: So then I'm talking to the manager, the appliance manager. His name is Mike at the Parker Low and he says, oh, gosh, this is no problem, easy fakes. We'll get you taken care of.
Speaker 11: I'll call the warehouse.
Speaker 12: They'll bring your.
Speaker 11: Stove and your refrigerator back.
Speaker 12: We'll get the new stuff taken out of there. I'm going to send somebody over to measure make sure.
Speaker 4: When you said, when you said they'll bring your other wait, when they said they'll bring your other appliances back, what do you mean did they take did they take them from the house?
Speaker 10: Yeah, if I understand her correctly, they took off with her old appliance.
Speaker 4: Did they take off with your old appliances?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 11: Yes, they in their truck after I told them not to.
Speaker 7: I said, you believe it, but let me.
Speaker 4: Ask you this. Hold on, yeah, but hold on, but hold on, Lisa. Were you getting were you trading in anything? Or were you they were scrapping them for you?
Speaker 9: Or what.
Speaker 7: They tell me?
Speaker 4: Okay, good, all right, keif see you keep going yep, yeah.
Speaker 6: I paid for that, and I said, I don't care about the charges. I mean obviously they brought it and moved stuff. And I even told the guys, hey man, you know, here's some coffee.
Speaker 11: You know you want some water?
Speaker 14: I'll pay fifty bucks, please put.
Speaker 7: My stuff back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: So where does this stand right now? Without going by blow? Where does the stand?
Speaker 12: So after every single day of talking to loads and them telling me no, problem. It's now a problem. They the appliance manager who told me he was going to call the warehouse and have my stuff brought back and send somebody out to remeasure to make sure they can find something to fit.
Speaker 11: My stuff got scrapped.
Speaker 12: So I have a refrigerator in the middle of my kitchen and a stove sticking out in the middle of my kitchen and they can't find my old appliances. So every day I've been calling them, going what are we going to do?
Speaker 17: What are we going to do?
Speaker 4: And well, I think the easiest Lisa, let's look, Lisa, let's look toward solutions. The only thing I think you can do is go there and get stuff that fits, or make your kitchen so it fits. This all started with your.
Speaker 14: Husband's Here's the problem.
Speaker 12: They no longer make because my house is twenty five years old. They no longer make a stove to fit that depth.
Speaker 4: Then you may have to get it altered at home.
Speaker 12: In your kitchen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean what Lo's doesn't owe you a new kitchen.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 4: Low's doesn't ow you listen, Lisa, Lisa, listen, Please, they don't owe you a new kitchen. What they owe you is the value of your old appliance is at best, At best, that's what they owe you. At the very very very very best, they would owe you that, which is next to nothing. Let's just call it like it is. There is no perfect solution here. They're not going to redo your kitchen, are going to sell you what they have. And then you guys made the mistake. They took your appliances, Yes they did, Okay, was it wrong for them to take it? I don't know. I mean, I think these guys could have been nicer and left them. They they could have. I don't know. I don't know if they profited by Bye by scrapping him. But here's what I do know. We got to look for a solution.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: So what would you propose as a solution.
Speaker 7: Tell me what is your that fits?
Speaker 1: I wanted.
Speaker 13: I wanted my appliances back.
Speaker 1: So so now.
Speaker 4: Right now there there, you can't get it back. Tell me what you want, Tell me what you want.
Speaker 12: I want to be reimbursed for my stuff.
Speaker 4: How much do you think they're worth? How old were they? How old? Ten years old? Ask me how much do you think? Asked Amitri? What paper? I didn't know, Mark, Mark, I didn't know you were there. Man. So Tom, I have another idea I wanted to bounce off of you.
Speaker 10: What do you think, Lisa, why don't you just go to Low's get a refund on the appliances that are sitting in the middle of your kitchen and go to all the other go to all the other hardware stores and find applying.
Speaker 4: Can you hear them? Well? Okay, let me just let me just pump the crap out of it.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, okay, Lisa, So I'm just gonna repeat this because we had an audio problem when I was talking.
Speaker 4: But here you tried.
Speaker 7: What do you think of this?
Speaker 10: Let's get let's get a refund on your appliances from Lows and just go to all these other appliance stores They're everywhere, and buy some appliances that will fit your kitchen.
Speaker 4: That's what we talked about. She said, she can't find it.
Speaker 12: I have trouble believing they don't make that depth anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, but everything else can be replaced.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I'd have to move my dishwasher and I'd have to take out habit it is to make the fridge fit because they don't have.
Speaker 11: Okay, they don't have shorter refrigerators that would fit that space.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, Lisa, I will tell you this, okay.
Speaker 12: And the store had told me they were going to take care of this, but they called last night. Let me just tell you what they told me. I asked them, please go find my appliances and bring them back, and I'm going to go away give me my stuff back.
Speaker 4: They said no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 12: So last night the warehouse manager called me and said, we're going to go to the scrap yard and we're going to go get your appliances and we're bringing them to your house today. And I said, after they've been sitting in the snow for a week.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, Lisa, Lisa, I'm going to tell you something you're not going to want to hear it. There's not going to be a perfect solution. So you take your appliances back. If he can find them, take them back. Sitting in the snow in a week is not going to hurt them. I know you don't want to hear that, but they won't. Okay, this mistake has to be born by most with you guys. Now, the fact that they took them away is BS. It's BS, Lisa, I don't know why, you know, they contract with these people. I don't know why they couldn't have just dropped them if you paid them to do it. And I don't know what went on. All I know is, you know it wasn't their fault. Okay, it just wasn't. They sold you appliances, they offered to take the old ones away. You're coming at it from a whole different ballgame. They had really no responsibility to you other than courtesy. And did they go the extra mile? Anyone can argue that. But what I'm saying now is this, take your appliances back. If you can get them, just take them back and then move on to another place. And if you can't get a stove ever, then you'll never get one. But you know what, that's what kitchen remodeling is all about. There's very seldom, very seldom remove and replace right now with anything because of how houses have changed. You know, I I it's a you know, I'm not I'm not faulting you for feeling the way you do. I would feel the same way if I was there saying or I wasn't there, but if my wife said, Tom, I asked them to please, you know, to please just drop them. I'd even pay them for it to me that I don't know what the reason was, but now we're faced with it, and we will help you if you want. But if they're offering to bring your appliances back, see what condition they're in. I mean, let's see if they're working, you know. But the most they would owe you is a very paltry amount anyway, so I would say, let's move on. I'm sorry if I'm not telling you what you want, but I am telling you the truth. There's not always a perfect solution. Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight heating dot com. Don't forget forty five bucks, a deep clean and a true assessment, and the best prices for replacement of high efficiency units with high efficiency, I mean the best prices on high efficiency three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, now, where's my damn Okay, I'm trying to find my calls from her?
Speaker 1: Here it is.
Speaker 4: Can we go back to the phone ones and find out what's on your mind? Remember Brian burns with us. So we're also going to do what we do all the time, and that's the insurance check up, and you can call it, well, you can call that other number that we have, we'll call it. Just call them directly three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand and ask for an insurance checkup. We'll give some live examples and Brian, real quick here, I want to go to you and me. So when we talk about this about eighty five percent at the time you can save people money. Is that's still the case because insurance is crazy? Right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now? That number is not eighty five percent, it's lower than that. But even if we're not able to save money, we can at least give some advice. If our opinion is you should stay where you're at, we'll tell you that, but we might also tell you, hey, you might look at increasing this or doing this, or you know, maybe we have an option that is a little bit more but has some of the coverages you needed. So whatever it is, we just try to be honest with you and let you know what is available.
Speaker 4: All right, three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Who's next? Michael? Michael? What's going on with? Oh God, Greeley, Greeley? And the reason I say? Oh God? What is this noise I'm hearing? Folks? Anybody want to thank.
Speaker 14: Sorry about that? I'm talking on bluetooth right now.
Speaker 4: All right, go ahead? What's happening? Man? Yeah, good man?
Speaker 15: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Behalf of my parents?
Speaker 14: I'm calling on behalf of my parents. They had purchased a vehicle of eighty four Thanksgiving from Jent Cheverlet kind.
Speaker 4: Of like in Greeley, Colorado. I myself actually, okay, let me let me explain something. Well, ninety percent. Let's listen. Let me just just explain this to people of the time. If you buy a car in Greeley or World County, you'll be screwed. Keep going.
Speaker 16: Thanks to throw the heads up.
Speaker 4: So I'm just telling you the truth. Now, they went, they went to get Chevrolet.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Jet, Chevrolet, Cadillac and Greeley Colorado.
Speaker 4: What did they buy?
Speaker 13: Cool a new Chevrolet?
Speaker 4: What did they buy?
Speaker 7: Trade in.
Speaker 4: A new chev Chevy Silverado? Yeah? Can you get off bluetooth or not? I don't want you to be unsafe. I do not want you to be unsafe. Okay, let me so.
Speaker 14: Okay, Now, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Please don't be unsafe pull over or something? I mean, if you're driving, I want you on bluetooth. Okay. Are you Chevy Silverado from again Chevrolet? Okay, go ahead?
Speaker 14: Yeah, correct, And so they had bout this the day before Thanksgiving. They've traded in two vehicles. One was a Key of Soul, the other one was a twenty twenty three Ford Expedition and had payoffs on both of them. However, the dealership themselves actually miscalculated this payoff by sixteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 16: Okay, now, keep them.
Speaker 4: Which payoff, which payoff? Which payoffs?
Speaker 7: For an expedition?
Speaker 4: Let me explain something. Why did they Why did they miscalculate the payoff?
Speaker 14: You know, I've done this for fifteen years myself, and I couldn't tell you because usually that's supposed to be checked at least three times before they actually send that out, and.
Speaker 4: More than Now, Michael, what do you mean, what do you mean you've done this? Michael? What do you mean? I worked?
Speaker 14: I actually work in the carbet as myself.
Speaker 4: Good, Then let me let me tell you that you were then you you know what I'm going to tell you. And here's what I'm going to tell you. When you sign a contract for the car and you're trading in cars, you sign a disclaimer that says if they miscalculate, you owe the money. Okay, you do each and every single each and every single time. Now, yeah, here's the other problem. Sometimes because of that disclaimer, I believe personally that dealers on purpose miscalculated to make the deal look better, but it's hard to prove so. The situation as it's. The situation as it stands, is that Ghent is telling them they need to bring money to the table. Is that right? Or get a bigger loan?
Speaker 16: Exactly right?
Speaker 14: The ball from what I hear, because I actually went with my parents to try to settle this out with the youth car manager. And legally, I do know this that you cannot sell a vehicle without pain without having the title and end.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 14: So they told my parents that they had sold both trades okay.
Speaker 4: And I think you know that the new the general, well, they didn't sell them. They're just being dishonest. Hold on, man, I got to take a break. I just have to three O three and I'll get to all of you. Call please three O three seven one three eight two five to five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay us until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. U. Hey, I'm Tom Martine. You're a troubleshooter. Welcome to the show, Michael. So listen, here's the bottom line. This sucks.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I don't trust any car dealers in World, County or Greedy. That's just the way it is. Don't trust them. Don't trust them. Don't trust them. Enough said, period, don't trust them now most of our car you know, it's amazing per capita the problems they have compared to Denver. I think that the word went out years ago. If you're a scumbag, mofo, lying, scumbag, piece of excrement, come on up to Weld County and Greeley. We want you to sell cars. But Michael, what do we do about it? No, seriously, seriously, now, let's get serious. If they misquoted, then.
Speaker 14: Through trying to you know, deal with the dealership and you know, and I even talked to my manager at my store and he's like, you know, we all make mistakes.
Speaker 16: If that was a mistake, we would make it right.
Speaker 14: And unwine the card. You'll give the trades back. And you know, obviously the customer can't pay the sixteen thousands of course.
Speaker 4: You know, so they and they won't do that. They won't hold on, they will not do it. They're sticking to their guns.
Speaker 14: They want to stick to their guns and force my parents to fork out sixteen thousand dollars to you know, to come.
Speaker 4: Well, they can't. They can. I'll tell you why. First of all, that you're at a standstill. They can't. They have a certain amount of bailment they can collect and that's it. They are limited as to what they can do, but they can collect every penny. And so I want to give this to a fight. I want to I want to give D. Do you feel like calling this dealer and trying to negotiate for back bro? Yeah, I'll be happy to do that right now. All right? Did you hear that, Shannon? Did you hear my man D? Could you hear him there? About as much as I needed to you? Okay? Yeah, that microphone is more of a low level. Hey, okay, So sir, hang on, Deputy D is going to be in touch with you and we're going to work down this. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five? Now it is I believe is it Twinika? Twinika? Damn it? Twinka? Is she not there? I guess, Kachina, Let's go to Linda unless Twinyka is there. You let me know. Linda.
Speaker 9: Hi, this is Linda.
Speaker 4: What's going on, Linda?
Speaker 9: Well, I have some questions about fighting for my house. Yes, we got an estimate for my house is a nineteen fifty nine ranch. It's about eighteen hundred square feet and I want in probably the upper third of it is the wood trim that I want replaced. But I got an estimate or a quote from for Hardy Plank and it came back as twenty three thousand dollars. Does that sound right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It depends on who you're dealing with. It could be very well be. But here's what I want you to do. Yeah, I want you to hold tight.
Speaker 8: Party.
Speaker 4: I want you to hold tight, and we'll we'll talk to Genesis first and then go from there. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Kaschina, let's get mark on if we can. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for.
Speaker 4: An insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: Yeah, time.
Speaker 1: Ripped of news.
Speaker 2: You needed that so you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Run anxious suspass as can show.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Hey Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I have with me Brian Burns. You'll see you're streaming to my right. He's with Compass Insurance Group. We're doing insurance checkups today. Now they do them all the time at three three nine ninety six nine thousand. It's something we started many many years ago. I said, you know, Brian, what would really be cool is if people had a way to judge their insurance without feeling pressured, just to say, hey, this is what I have, what do you think? And it really worked out well and one time we could save eighty five percent of the people money or get them better coverage. Brian says that changed a little with the marketplace because the marketplace is so screwed up, they can still save a lot of people money. And even when they can't save them money, he does find better coverage. Sometimes sometimes people don't they have actual cash value and don't realize it on a roof, or they have replacement value of their home set at a set amount and they're not insured above that. There's so many dangers in insurance. Then when it comes to auto insurance. My god, Mark, I got called from a guy that listens to this show all the time, all the time since he was a kid and his parents were really really hurt, really hurt. Yeah. I talked to him as.
Speaker 1: Well, and.
Speaker 4: I was mad at him. Okay, but he's like almost like a son of me. I mean he's been listening to me since you little boy. I got him his first computer and I said, why would you do this? Why wouldn't you get uninsured and underinsured motors coverage? He said, oh, I just wanted basic liability. And I said, do you understand something? Basic liability is good and you have to have it. That's what the insurance. That's what the state requires, and that's probably what the other person has. Now, unless the other person that hits you is rich, people usually insure for what there were. Let me explain that I'm not rich. But let's say somebody I hit somebody, and let's say I had state minimums of fifteen thousand and twenty five? Is that what it is? Am I miscalculated?
Speaker 5: But it's twenty five thousand per person fifty thousand paraxi right, so it's higher now, but the property damage is fifteen thousand, So that's damage to someone else's car is only fifteen thousands.
Speaker 4: But they're more concerned with their bodies for sure. So let's talk about that. So now, if I hit somebody and I'm insured for twenty five fifty yep, are they going to take that?
Speaker 5: Well, they'll exhaust that twenty five thous they yeah, but they won't settle.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, Now why won't they settle because they might think Tom is more. I can go after Yep or Brian has more. I can go after Demetrior or Mark or anyone, and then they assess it. So here's the rule of thumb. When you ensure you're insuring for your net worth or close to it. And here's why, because people have to make a decision. Do we want to sue that person who hit me and take a chance of getting a judgment and really being paid, or do we have no chance of being paid and we have to take the insurance. So if someone does not have a lot of money and they ensure for the minimums, that's all you're going to get. And in this case, that's all he's going to get. So his parents severely injured are limited to fifty thousand dollars fifty yep, one thousand dollars. Now that's going to pay nothing, absolutely nothing. Now we're not talking medical bills, No, we're talking pain and suffering.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and time away from work or not be able to enjoy life again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's talk about this medical payments a different kind of coverage. Yep. Again, I don't believe they had that. Maybe they did.
Speaker 5: Basically, it's going to be minimal at that I'm five thousand dollars is what most people have.
Speaker 19: Now, Yeah, but it's dirt. Are you even ten or twenty thousand? Of medpays dirt?
Speaker 4: Deep? What people should do when they get insurance is insured for uninsured underinsured motorists. That's coverage for you. You are protecting your self, so you get medpay as much as you can afford an underinsured uninsured motorists. That's called UMU. What is it called UMU?
Speaker 5: I am yep okay?
Speaker 4: Now, that will cover you when someone else is under or uninsured, which is about sixty to seventy percent of the population. Do you understand that you have a sixty to seventy percent chance of getting hardly anything because they're underinsured. Well, in Colorado, there's a lot of people with no insurance, so you get zero, right, and that's well that no, that's uninsured. So underinsured and uninsured, that's what it covers both. And seventy percent of the people are either under insured or uninsured.
Speaker 5: And I can tell you because I look at people's insurance that come to us, it is a huge majority of people that are insured. Let's say with these direct carriers like a Geico or even you know like a Farmer's or one of those where the first thing they do to cut cost, whether it be the agent that's doing it or if it's them doing it themselves, is I see people come in with higher limits of liability. Let's say they have two hundred and fifty thousand per person of liability, yet they have twenty five thousand of uninsured motorists. I see it all the time.
Speaker 4: Well that's really that. It's yeah, why you're trying.
Speaker 5: To cut costs or they don't understand that what they're doing is they're they're actually covering themselves for less than they're covering other people, which I just don't I don't understand. As a matter of fact, you can't have higher limits of uninsured motorists than you do bodily injury. The state wos is what you can't get more. But but why would you choose to carry less coverage for yourself than you do for other people? And that's what people do all the time.
Speaker 4: So get me straightened. You can't just get a bunch of high limits for um, that's right, unless you have you sell matching coverage for a bodily injury.
Speaker 5: You can't have higher limits of uninsured motorists than what you have for bodily injury because the state's saying you can't ensure yourself for more than what you're covering other any bodily injury mean men pay no no, no liability.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, so you can ensure yourself for more than other people, that's right.
Speaker 5: But you can at least ensure yourself for as much as you're covering other people. But all the time, people will have lower limits of uninsured motorists than they do for bodily injury and.
Speaker 19: Get an umbrella them carries that you I am too, Yeah, and that's a little harder mark to find. I do have options for that, but I would tell you the vast sort of people to have an umbrella or you know, if they're was safe farm or what, they don't offer access on a sure motorist so you can't even get it through them. So yeah, I'm with you if you can, Yeah, the one that you have for me. But we couldn't go with the carrier that has your auto insurance, if you remember, we had to go to a third party for the umbrella because uh not everybody offers it.
Speaker 4: All right, now, let's talk to Adam. Hello, Adam, I'm Tom Martino. What's going on in your life? Adam?
Speaker 20: Yeah, good morning guys. I just since you have your expert on, I.
Speaker 13: Am actually a Compass customer.
Speaker 20: As well, and I'm going through the renewal process. I just had a couple of questions. I have everything home auto my truck as a two thousand and nine, and I've been carrying.
Speaker 13: Full coverage on it up to this point. Now I'm wondering, I guess, kind of what.
Speaker 20: Is the formula for when you should just drop that down to liability.
Speaker 13: When it doesn't pay for itself and then all.
Speaker 20: So yep, with my homeowners, I have auto owners, and I have the guaranteed replacement cost the that I've been working with. He came in with Travelers and it's they up the dwelling amount and then it's a fifty percent overage. And I was just trying to do the math with full on replace or with how much it costs to rebuild nowadays, because that fifty extra if there is a total.
Speaker 4: Loss, still put that and that's a wonderful coverage. Fifty percent extra is pretty damn good. It's good.
Speaker 5: But uncapped is unbeatable. And I'll tell you right now, unless it's a substantial savings, I wouldn't switch only because of this. You couldn't go back to auto owners and get the uncapped They don't offer it. Anymore. Now they grandfathered it in. So if you're with them, you still get it, but if you move from them, we can never get it back from them.
Speaker 4: Is that the same with pure? No, Pure, Pure.
Speaker 5: Offers it's still that's we could do that on new business. But pure is also a different animal in itself. But yeah, but your other question, here's what I would tell you about liability only versus carrying collision and comp on an older vehicle. If you have I would price it out. Number one. Here's the thing. If you have young drivers. I know I'm not saying you do, but just as an example, if you have a young driver in the household and you have it assigned to a vehicle, that you could go to liability only. It makes all the sense in the world to go liability only because the reward on the savings of money is so much greater. Let's say it's if you have a two thousand and nine or whatever, and it's it depends on what it's worth. Some two thousand and ninees can be worth, you know, fifteen twenty thousand. Some of them are only worth five thousand. If it's only worth five thousand at that point, unless you have full glass and it's you know that I would go liability only, but if it's going to save you fifty bucks, then it's not worth it. So you really need to know what the cost savings is and then make a decision.
Speaker 4: Based off of that.
Speaker 20: The whole quote package is one thousand dollars a year savings going to going to travelers, but like you said, you lose that fool guaranteed replacement costs. I don't have young drivers yet, but that's coming in like another three years, but the truck's probably realistically only worth five or six thousand dollars at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I would probably go liability only on that.
Speaker 13: I don't like to last.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have that I would go liability only, Okay.
Speaker 20: I mean I try and I maximize all my coverages after the Marshall fire. That kind of scared me because I wanted to make sure that I would need.
Speaker 13: To go myself well.
Speaker 5: And and the the uncapped replacement costs is tough to be. A thousand dollars is a big savings though. So I'll tell you what, why don't you keep? Give your name to to Kelly and then I will look into your account. After I'll talk to whoever the renewal specialist is at our office working with you. There is an option with Travelers to go up to one hundred percent extended replacement cost.
Speaker 13: You have to change.
Speaker 21: He gave me that.
Speaker 13: Okay, well that that that bumped me up like over on top of what.
Speaker 20: Auto owners currently is.
Speaker 4: If I just were to renew, so oh.
Speaker 5: It's higher, Oh okay, yeah, yeah, I would be very It would be difficult to leave auto owners in that case to me, but I'm happy to talk to you about it.
Speaker 20: Just right, man, general, how much does it drop from full coverage.
Speaker 13: On an auto to just liability?
Speaker 20: Is that somewhat of a significant faces?
Speaker 5: It's so difficult unless I.
Speaker 4: Had your but it is. It is always the savings calm collision coverage adds some cost. If your car isn't worth.
Speaker 5: A lot, I'd go, I'd don't liability only.
Speaker 4: But but listen to this. I've had people be cause their car wasn't worth a lot, drop it and for the savings they got because they weren't paying a lot anyway. Remember the more the car is worth, the more you pay in collision. And actually they didn't have a way to replace their car, so it almost becomes an uninsured thing too. I mean, if your car is damaged and you're fighting over who's fault, it isn't all that. If you have collision coverage, you get the price for that car. So I changed my thinking a little on that a little. And here's here's how I changed it. If it's not that expensive, even if your car is not worth that much, here's what you have to ask yourself. Can I afford to buy this car if it was taken away from me tomorrow? Can I afford to buy a like vehicle? If you can't, the savings doesn't matter, you know what I mean? Because even if the car isn't worth that much, that means you're not paying that much in premium. Is that right, Brian?
Speaker 5: And that was my point. If if what it's saving you is so minimal, then that's why you just have to get it priced out. That's what we have to give you is just like what is the cost savings to go liability only? The other thought process on that is.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: If you have someone else that hits you and they don't have insurance or they're dragging their feet, you can go through your own insurance, which is huge and it's a non at fault accident, so you're not surcharge. You still pay your deductible. But the flip side of that is you're not going to want to make a collision claim if that you're at fault on a car worth four thousand dollars after your deductible amount, then all of a sudden you're paying a higher premium because you had an apt fault accident on there too. So the best option I can give you here is let's see what the saving is and then.
Speaker 4: We can then assess it information and assess it from there. The next thing there is something called Adams, something called uninsured property damage. How does that work, Brian? You actually buy that separately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's only available if you don't have collision coverage. You can't have it in addition to collision because collision pays for uninsured motorists that damage your vehicle, but uninsured motors property damage. It's very inexpensive. But it also is it doesn't come into play very often.
Speaker 4: It's only when somebody uninsured hits you and ruins your car truly uninsured.
Speaker 5: A hit and run does not qualify as an unassured motors unless you can prove the person that hit and ran your car is uninsured, so it really has to be someone that does not have insurance, and you're able to turn a claimant for unsure motors property damage at that point.
Speaker 4: Now I want to talk to you about renew Home Innovations. I don't know if I got this across or not, but the shower conversions they're doing, they shouldn't even be called conversions. They are the most beautiful, beautiful edition you can make, and it's at the price of a conversion, meaning they have porcelain sheets now real, honest to god porcelain, no maintenance, beautiful, and they will quote you that they can do it in two or three days with seventy two months to pay no interest. That's unheard of. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand, he said, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three two five five Man. Today is a good show. We're doing insurance checkups. You haven't need to talk about right now.
Speaker 5: I just got here.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go to your shot here and let's do that. So now, let me tell you what an insurance checkup is. If you go to the Insurance Healthcenter dot com or you call them three h three nine nine six nine thousand, they do an insurance checkup. It's an honest to god look at what you're paying and what you have and what they can find in the marketplace. There's no pushing, shoving, lying, cheating. You can't You know what I love about free second opinions. This is what I love. You can't lie. See you know I love when when if people say I can beat that deal, then beat it right. I mean, it's an impossible situation to go wrong with a second opinion. Whether it be HVAC, whether it be what I do with financial, with with Wave eight Financial or Wave eight wealth, matter what Brian does, and I followed his rule, his rule when he does those in check ups, that's what we do. And it's not with an eye of finding something wrong. It's with an eye of a true review. So let's talk Brian. What did you find?
Speaker 7: Bro So?
Speaker 5: This one that looks like they called in. They are with Liberty Mutual right now, and they are really under insured on their home. They live in the Ken Carroll area. It looks like they only had a policy with Liberty Mutual that would pay out a maximum of five hundred and sixty six thousand dollars in the event of a total loss. That's with the extended replacement coss.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, five hundred and sixty six thousand. What kind of a home?
Speaker 5: The home is worth over a million. Oh, so they're substantially under insured.
Speaker 4: Now would they be socked with an underinsured penalty on it?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think they would because they've been with them forever, so it's just it they haven't kept up with.
Speaker 4: But there are consequences to pay less of a premium than they should have been all these years.
Speaker 5: Well, the penalty is going to be they're only going to have five hundred and sixty six thousand now, But let's talk about a roof.
Speaker 4: You've always told me or I was always told if you're insured for half the value of your entire home, you get half the value of any claim.
Speaker 5: Well, is that not true anymore? Well, here's how it works on personal lines. If at the time that you get the insurance, they're going to run a replacement cost estimator. If you insure it for whatever the replacement cost is. Even in the event that there's a loss and it's much greater damage than what you have insurance for, you're not penalized other than being under insured. You're not penalized for a partial loss, and they're going to have a co insurance penalty. The only reason that would occur is if you've done work to the house and you haven't reported it. You've inflated the value of the house without without also inflating your insurance. If it's just because the value and the cost of reconstruction has increased, you're not penalized. Now, commercial insurance it's a different, different animal. You are hit with co insurance penalties, but for for home insurance, that's not not really a thing on the personal lines market. So these people would have been insured for about half of what they should have been we had, and they had auto insurance and everything else with them. We're able to move them.
Speaker 4: To a carrier.
Speaker 5: We've quoted them with a carrier called Acuity. They're one of the few ones we have left that they do have guaranteed replacement costs uncapped. We added an umbrella with excess uninsured motorists with the auto home and umbrella and saved them a thousand dollars give or take annually.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is wonderful. That is wonderful. I mean them real coverage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that made me.
Speaker 4: Come on, you don't ask for better than that.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, mark it's safe cod Because aren't they owned by Liberty Mutual?
Speaker 4: Yeah they are.
Speaker 19: Yes, are they generally cheaper than Liberty Mutual if you if you had them and shopped them.
Speaker 5: All the time, I'll see where there they're different rates. I'll put it that way. But yeah, all the time when people come from Liberty Mutual, I don't like rule out Safeco. I'll quote Safeco and it will be a vastly different rate. Sometimes it saves the money, sometimes it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 4: Okay? Now three h three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 19: Wait wait I got one more for Brian. Yes, So we were talking about uninsured and how important it is and big time it is.
Speaker 4: I don't care what kind of car it is.
Speaker 19: So if you lower your car and get rid of comprehensive and basically just have the you know, liability only and that's just on one car, but on the other car you have you know, full coverage. So is each car get the under insured or no insured or is that for the policy? Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 14: It does?
Speaker 5: The uninsured motorists or underinsured motors is a policy coverage. So God has nothing to do whether or not you have collision or comprehensive. It's it's completely separate from that. And then then goes over all the vehicles.
Speaker 19: And we had someone on YouTube going if the kid's eighteen, and you know, let's just pretend it would be cheaper to get them insurance because they're driving a nineteen ninety whatever and the vehicles you're driving costs a lot more. So instead of them putting on your policy where he's covered by all the vehicles in the household. You just insure them with cheap insurance or her for the nineteen ninety whatever. You follow me so far, Brian. But the car has to be in their name, Mark, Yeah, and the car and their name. But what I'm saying is that's so problematic. It's crazy because if they get an accident one of the other cars, it's trouble.
Speaker 5: Well, they're excluded on the other vehicles. That's the way to make that work.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but they if they still live with you, when they go out and do massive damage and they only have twenty five well.
Speaker 4: Hold on, now, hold on, hold on. John Fuller and I had a very long talk. Now I'm totally transparent. I'm going to tell you so my daughter has a car that I own, but it's her car. You know, it's in my name, and she drives it and is insured under my policy and for all the big limits. Now we I asked John, John, she's now no longer a kid, she's an adult, she's working. What if the name is what if the car's transferred to her under her name and she's insured under her policy, even if she lives with me or lives somewhere else. Do I have liability? He says, Tom. I know people tell you this all the time, that you're gonna have liability, but he believes.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't want to put words in his mouth, so I want to get him on. He is saying, you can be safe, okay, And and then Brian said, no, Tom, they're going to come after you. I see it all the time. We should we should really talk about this once and for all, because at some point it might be cheaper for me. I don't know. It might be cheaper that she has her own policy in a car, in her own name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that that comes at a certain age. It's certainly not eighteen years old. I have done this so many We did it for you.
Speaker 4: But you're talking about she would pay more under her own name than I'm paying now.
Speaker 5: It doesn't save you money, and you're limiting your coverage.
Speaker 4: No, I get that, But at what age then?
Speaker 5: Usually after twenty one, if they're on their own, it makes all the sense in the world to move them, you know, to get quotes at least on their own policy if they truly are on their own. And I will always take a backseat to an attorney that tells you something, but I will always you.
Speaker 22: Know what we need it.
Speaker 4: Since today is insurance day, it would be a really good day to talk to John about this. I would, because it comes up. Would scare the hell out of me.
Speaker 19: Is something happens to their car, and something happens and they got to get somewhere and they end up taking one of yours that they're not allowed to drive anymore.
Speaker 4: I mean, to me, here's what happens. Now, I'm gonna my car. The cars are still family right now. So I didn't have this problem. But I did have a kind of rehearsal. Okay. And this was another company that caused damage to my daughter's car. And they were stellar. Okay, it was an accident at a roofing thing that dropped on my daughter's car. This roofing company came through one thousand percent, one thousand percent okay, lifetime construction. These guys were so honorable. I mean, they bent over backwards and paid every penny. And oh and it wasn't because it was Dulce Martino and me and and they not at all, I swear to God, not at all. They I could tell they cared about what was right. They came through with every penny of prepares. But going through the scenario, let's say it was her car and I didn't have her insurer under mine. Okay, I found the service that I love, Mark, I just never found a better service. It's called Turrow.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Turrow is a peer to peer rental and I was able to go online and you can get Oh my god, they're so cost effective because people set their own rates. They're good, honest people. In fact, Brian I called Brian and said, Brian, I think I chipped the windshield. Well my windshield coverage carryover and you said yes. And here's what was great. I call the woman and say, I, you know you can you can call Compass or excuse me, I'm gonna use Compass for your winshield because that was chipped before. I mean, come on, you know, it's just such a wonderful thing, peer to peer kind of stuff, you know. Anyway, I'm not saying everybody would be like that, but she certainly was. So what I'm getting at is and then there's always uber and lyft temporarily, so I think there are ways if they were excluded from family vehicles. Nowadays, more than ever, more than ever now to get rides right, I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's ways to do it. I just people think that it's gonna save the money. And that's all I'm telling you is that a very rarely if they're that young, it's very rarely a better option to go to a policy on their own.
Speaker 4: Just I'd love to hear Fuller's thoughts on that though. Yeah, and that's what we're gonna do, because you know what, it's been long enough that we are super behind you. Uh oh, let's take this break right now, right now, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, John Fuller. By the way, we're trying to get a hold of Fuller Law, and he this is the type of this is why we love John and why you can call him when you have a problem and he'll talk to you about what your case is worth and what coverage there is. I mean, he's an insurance expert to in a way, I mean when it comes to collecting from the other party. So I urge you we're trying to get him on, but I urge you to always call him with these questions about coverage and liability and excluding young drivers. You don't have to call him just when you have an accident, and of course you can always call Compass as well. But John Fuller, especially if you have an accident three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred five nine seven four five zero zero, if you're injured, he'll go after people to collect three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred. Now let's talk about I'm almost up against another break, but I want to go over and I think this this show is apropos for this, and of course your calls get priority three oh three seven to one three. Talk if you have a problem question or complaining three oh three seven, one, three eight two, five to five. But truly, I believe we need to go over actual coverages because as much as I do this, people, honest to God, don't know the actual coverages. So I want to start with the basic and go to the more complicated. So with insurance, there are many coverages, and I truly want you to take notes, Honest to goodness, I want you to take notes, no matter how smart you think you are, so you can even help others. The very first insurance we must talk about is liability.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, in a nutshell, liability is for others that you damage. Brian, do you want to expand on that. Let's just call it what it is. Liability is the first primary coverage required by law. Okay, go ahead, yep.
Speaker 5: So yes, exactly. So liability is there to protect other people, but in a sense, it's to protect yourself from the standpoint of lawsuits, right, That's all I mean. Like, if if you get into an accident and you injure somebody else, that bodily injury liability is then.
Speaker 4: And also the property damage as well.
Speaker 5: That's separate. Property damage is to cover their property.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's all under liability.
Speaker 5: But they're separate limits. That's all I mean, I get out, okay, yep. So when you're looking at your policy, you'll see a number for bodily injury liability, which we'll have a number like one hundred thousand per person, three hundred thousand per accident. That's one hundred thousand per person you injure up to three hundred thousand total in an accident. So you you have four people in the car, the most is gonna pays three hundred thousand in that sense. Then there's property damaged liability, which is damage to someone else's property if you hit someone's.
Speaker 4: Car and you do you know, see that all under liability.
Speaker 5: That's all liability.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now we're going to go over the other coverages, folks, but please please, I know that everyone tends to think they're a node at all, including me, But let's review. This is so important. Three O three seven to one three A two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance, paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two now Impact Traffic. This report is sponsored by Verdict. With Ted Cruz podcast, he.
Speaker 23: Got a very light drive so far this morning leading into the afternoon. It looks like wide open spaces really for the most part, no problem spots. It's coming out of the airport on Penya. Maybe just a little slow coming back over towards Ice seventy north end. I twenty five That Thornton push heading up towards the parkway has been slightly sluggish for us, although I twenty five still ten minutes between downtown and the Tech centercy Force seventy is wide open through Highlands Ranch and along the foothills.
Speaker 4: The other delay certainly is into the foothills though.
Speaker 23: On that US six drivee Clair Creek Canyon west of Golden with traffic, I'm Jonathan Steele, I'm Ben Ferguson.
Speaker 4: And I'm Ted Cruz. How do we win?
Speaker 24: How do we enact Trump's legislative agenda. There's a huge debate right now in Congress over how to get it done. I take you behind closed doors and explain it all.
Speaker 4: Now a verdict with Ted Cruz. Now, wherever you get your podcasts, you know, Vesta Turnkey is a program that I believe in. Vestera Turnkey helps you become a landlord. Vestera turn vision of Barry Miller, a legendary true and broker. He's a wonderful real estate broker and he helps you get involved in real estate to It's not a pooled investment, meaning that you buy real estate under his direction in markets that are promising and great appreciation. They even have a management company that takes care of day to day operations and you can have the benefits of being a landlord without the traditional risks and traditional hassles. Of course, everything has risk, but listen, he's gotten thirty to eighty percent returns for people in one or two years eight eight eight thirty seven eighty eight three ZHO three eight eight eight thirty seven eighty eight. My biggest return dot com okay, redrocksars dot com is Red Rocks roof and Solar. These guys know it all from installation well, first they do the sales. They can help you with the tax benefits and telling you what you're going to get with grants if you're a business to pay for sometimes all of it. They're going to tell you how to net meter, where you're going to sell back, and what you could possibly make. They're also going to help and do the installation. They will also do the service. They know it all. They are great people redrosars dot com and they're here to give you complete solar service. Three oh three seven zero four two four four nine.
Speaker 25: We're definitely going to be late to the concert. I feel like we should be there by now. I'm just taking a little detour.
Speaker 26: I got to fill up my gas tank and I know this place a couple times over where the gas is cheaper.
Speaker 25: Are you serious We're going to be late for the concert because you're driving out of the way for cheaper gas. Just use upside. What's upside Upside is the free cash back app that gets you real cash back for every gallon of gas you buy.
Speaker 18: Wait, I can get cash back just for buying the gas I need anyway, yes, I.
Speaker 25: Use it all the time and I've made around two hundred dollars. Now pull over so you can download the Upside app before we miss the concert.
Speaker 24: Download the free Upside app now to earn cash back every time you buy gas. Use promo code oil twenty five to get an extra twenty five cents per gallon on your first tank. You can cash out any time, write your bank, PayPal, or as a gift card for Amazon and other brands. Just download the free Upside app and promo code oil twenty five for twenty five cents per gallon bonus on your first tank. That's code oil twenty five for twenty five cents per gallon bonus. That's code Oil twenty five.
Speaker 4: New Year celebrations sale ever from zero res denver dot com. Carpus area, rugs, tile, upholstery, any surface, even duck cleaning.
Speaker 18: Zero resified with purified water.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino. Zero Res does my cleaning because I believe in a healthy, clean, clean two rooms.
Speaker 18: They'll do two.
Speaker 4: Rooms free and seventy five dollars off. Duck cleaning alleviate ollogens, pathogens, better indoor air quality three oh three four to seven one fifty one fifty ask for the Khouse Special for seven one fifty one fifty man.
Speaker 27: I am happy to tell you about the only real tour that made the cut for Team Dave Logan, and that is Troy Hansford. I recommend Troy because he's the only agent that will guarantee to sell your home at your price or he'll write you a check for five thousand dollars. In the Good News, he puts that in writing. He can make that guarantee because he spends tens of thousands of dollars generating demand, and right now he has hundreds of approved home buyers ready to buy. You just didn't have enough houses. So if you have a house, Troy might have that perfect buyer for you right now. Give him a call. Seven two zero nine hundred four four to three three. Let me give you a story. Just last week, Troy listed a house that was on the market for almost a month. You know what, Troy sold it for full price in less than a week. And if for any reason you need to sell right away, Troy will buy your house for all cash and he can close in as little as seven days. Call Troy and get your home sold for the most money. Seven two zero nine hundred four to four three three. Again, that's seven two oh nine hundred forty four to thirty three. Troy Hansford with Remax Professionals, a Colorado licensed broker. Some restrictions appla.
Speaker 28: Easy cat It's all the food for your workplace, all in one place. With over one hundred thousand restaurants nationwide on one platform. Whether you need food for company meetings or events, daily employee lunches, or your next lunch and learn, Easy Cater makes food for work ork and it doesn't stop at lunch. With easy Cater, you've got great breakfast options, naps, treats, and more, whatever and wherever work happens. Easy Caters here to make the food happen. Order now at easycater dot com.
Speaker 7: Paid no attorneys, pokesperson paid for by Action Matters Texting Privacy policy and terms and conditions posted at texplan dot us.
Speaker 4: Texting enrolls you for recurring automated tech marketing messages. Message and dat ates may apply.
Speaker 26: Replacedop to opt out attention anyone who used depo Provera or other prescription birth control shots. If you are a loved one used depo Provera and were later diagnosed with brain tumors or intracranialmen in gioma, you may be entitled to significant TASH compensation. Text Legal to two hundred three hundred right now to see if you qualify. A new study has uncovered evidence linking depoprevera use to the development of brain tumors, and emerging lawsuits allege that manufacturers of depo Pervera knew the risks for decades but failed to warn people of the potential harm. If you are a loved one used depo Provera or other prescription birth control shots and were later diagnosed with brain tumors or intercranial meningioma, you may be entitled to significant TASH compensation. Text Legal to two hundred three hundred. Don't wait. Time to file a claim is limited. Text the word legal to two hundred three hundred. If you are a loved one developed brain tumors after using depo provera, you may be entitled to significant cash compensation. Text legal to two hundred three that's legal to two hundred three hundred, Legal to two hundred three hundred.
Speaker 29: I Love It joined the millions already on the new and improved iHeartRadio app. It's so easy to use the live radio dial presets, scams, plus lyrics, podcasts in your favorite artists radio popping in and there it is. Now it's even easier to discover what you love.
Speaker 18: I love my preset.
Speaker 4: Adding presets is so much fun.
Speaker 29: This looks really nice, just in time for the new year. The new and improved iHeart Radio app. It's everything you love about your car radio and the palm of your hands.
Speaker 4: Very cool update five stars.
Speaker 3: Guys Denver's talkstation online at khoal dot com.
Speaker 4: Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Riza, what's happening with you? Ritza? What's going on? We're gonna go over insurance coverage in the next hour. Go ahead, Riza.
Speaker 30: Okay, I'm my name is and I'm calling for my daughter really because she lives in Frederick, Oh, Colorado, that's just north.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead and see what's going on? Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 30: And it just seems that nothing in the house works. And now she ended up with no no, no heating.
Speaker 4: And when did she buy it? Reesa, let me ask you a few questions. When did she buy the house.
Speaker 15: She bought it.
Speaker 30: I think she moved in. And the last the last year in the beginning, like.
Speaker 4: In January February of last year.
Speaker 30: Could could have been. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I okay, in her Okay, that's fine. In early early twenty twenty three for twenty twenty f I'm sorry, and okay, hold on, We're gonna come back to you. Hang on, We'll come back to you and see what the issues are. Okay. I will ask some questions and we'll see what we can do for you. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three O three one three top seven one three eight, two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rip of.
Speaker 2: News needed by who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello.
Speaker 4: Peeps, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 18: Fighting for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, we'll do anything we can to fight for you to make your life a little easier. That has what that's really It's truly what I've dedicated my life to because I believe when you're in the service of others, you have priority for the best, the best of everything. So what I want to do is help reson. I want to help you. Give us call three oh three Martino twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Brian Burns is with me from Compass Insurance. We'll get to him. We've been going over basic insurance coverage and what it means, and I really believe a lot of people, you know, we all think we know, but let's recap. It's really good to recap this and we will do that. Okay, So back to Riza, then to insurance summaries, and then give me a call with any new problems. Question your complains, your calls take priority. This hour brought to you by waterpros dot net, the best water systems, the lowest prices. And I really mean that. I really mean that. Three zero three eight six two five five five four And Frank durand the real estate man will give you an analysis of your property on what it will sell for. Frank is truly a good man. I really only associate with good vivo okay because I want them to rub off on me. Frank Duran will come in and do a complete analysis of what your house will sell for. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Riza, I'm gonna ask you questions to relieve your burden. Right here. You your daughter bought a house in Frederick early twenty twenty four, and you say some things are going wrong. I need to ask some very simple questions.
Speaker 10: Was this a was this a.
Speaker 4: Uh used or new house?
Speaker 30: This is a brand new house.
Speaker 4: Okay, a brand new so a home builder. She bought it from a home builder? Is that right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 30: I would think so about it. I think it is a big company from Dexter.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay. Now l G I l G I okay, Okay. Now what is what is wrong?
Speaker 30: Well, it seems like everything is wrong. But at the moment, at the moment, he called me yesterday and said that electricity is turned off and they will not turn it on, not because she hasn't paid, but because they have a wrong kind of those panels where the electricity is a house you know?
Speaker 4: Yes, uh huh the circuit the big circuit panel.
Speaker 30: Yeah, yeah, circuit yes.
Speaker 4: And now who said they won't turn it on? Is it the Reesa? Is it the power company that won't turn yes?
Speaker 30: Yes?
Speaker 4: Was it on when she first moved in and then they turned it off?
Speaker 30: Oh? She has Yeah, she hasn't had on.
Speaker 4: And I am I am When when was it turned Reesa? When?
Speaker 22: What Esa?
Speaker 4: When was it turned off?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 4: When was it turned off?
Speaker 30: Well, she called me yesterday, so I think it just happened yesterday or day before.
Speaker 4: Do you think do you think we can call your daughter and talk to her directly?
Speaker 30: Well, certainly yes.
Speaker 4: Do you think she'll talk to us?
Speaker 30: Oh, I'm sure she might be it.
Speaker 4: Don't give me the number on the phone. Put her on hold, please, Risa. I want you to give the number to our producer here Katschina, and then we're going to get your daughter on the phone, and then we're going to get this to somebody who can get through the bottom of this and help.
Speaker 10: I think Tom I saw something in the in the call, screener notes she's actually called Riza actually called about an issue with a mortgage, and she hasn't gotten to that part yet. That sounds like a lot more serious than anything she's discussed so far.
Speaker 4: Esa.
Speaker 10: Was there a problem with a mortgage or is that a mistake.
Speaker 5: On it she's currently talking with Kel's okay, yeah, well we'll go back to that.
Speaker 19: And I see, you know, the wrong electrical panel and a brand new track on that seems almost impossible, unless if the entire block has.
Speaker 4: The wrong one. Yeah, you know, I mean, how serious? Who knows even possible? I don't know. I honestly I don't know. That's why, you know, That's why I want to talk to the daughter who actually lives there, because you know, Riza is a love sounds like a lovely woman. I'm not sure she's getting it all straight anyway. Three ZHO three seven one three talk three D three seven one three eight two five five. So let's uh, let's continue here with our coverages. So we were talking about insurance coverages and what you need to know. Liability covers others you injure and damage, so bodily injury and property damage. That's basically the two different types of liability. They're all into one liability policy. Okay, now that's one coverage, one of the basic coverages. So now and I want you to take notes again. I know we all think we know everything, including me and Mark and everyone else, but let's just have this available to us and I'm gonna put it up in a way that we can all share. So liability coverage, then we have an additional liability. Let's go to the next thing. Let's talk about commands. Yeah, that's good, Mark. Comprehensive comprehensive coverage. Yeah, what is comp we always your comp What.
Speaker 5: Is comp comprehensive is the coverage for damage other than collision. So that would be uh, you know, a hailstorm, it would be a car is stolen, So it's it protects your car, It protects your vehicle. That's part of physical damage. So you know, to simplify this on an auto policy, there's coverage for other people, there's coverage for your vehicle. There's coverage for yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, But now with comprehensive protects your vehicle from damage other than collision exactly. Now let's talk about what is damage other than collision, So.
Speaker 5: That would be examples, would be fire, it would be hail, it would be theft, and as bizarre as this might see, and it's also animal collisions that's still considered a comprehensive claim. If you hit an animal, even still you're colliding with it, it's not considered collision. It's considered comprehensive because it's it's a you know, theft.
Speaker 4: With your car stolen.
Speaker 5: Yep, if your car stolen, that's comprehensive.
Speaker 4: Fire got it, flood got it.
Speaker 5: Those are all examples of comprehensive loosses.
Speaker 4: So we have liability, then we have comprehensive. Now let's talk about collision coverage. And again everything after liability is optional. Comprehensive is optional. Collision, I mean, mark is an optional, but I guess it is. Yeah, so we're not even there yet though, Mark. But but let's and and maybe we should be. You know, I'm not taking this in any particular order, but let's just talk about collisions since I mentioned it, So collision and that's that's no matter whose fault it is, right, collision, collision covers your car or your vehicle yep?
Speaker 5: Oh for what for any kind of damage?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 5: That involves the collision. So if another car hit if you hit another car, it's not about covering their car. This we're talking about your vehicle.
Speaker 4: Okay, regardless of fault.
Speaker 5: Regardless of fault, the collision will always pay for damage of your vehicle.
Speaker 4: Now, liability has no deductible, comprehensive, doesn't have a deductible.
Speaker 5: It does whatever you have selected. And just for clarification on that, a lot of policies don't even say comprehensive. They say other than collision. So you'll see that those are synonymous.
Speaker 4: Okay, and collision subject to deductible yep. Okay, So we have liability comprehensive or other than collision, we have collision with a deductible.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about now what Mark was talking about for ourselves. First, medpay let's talk about that.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: So medical payments is a no fault type coverage, so it will pay regardless whether you're at fault or someone else is a fault, and it's damage.
Speaker 4: For you injuries for you and your passengers or just you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's per person. When you see the amount on your declaration page, that's an amount per person.
Speaker 4: You and your passengers for medical medical bills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for any kind of damage to you. Here's the problem, what.
Speaker 4: Do you mean any kind of damage?
Speaker 5: So, I mean if you're injured, you can go to your medical payments.
Speaker 4: The thing is, but you don't just get money. It's for bills, right, well.
Speaker 5: It could be for your deductibles, it could be for a lot of different things. Here's the problem with medical payments is that it's it's kind of an open cash bag, so everybody goes after it. So when you go to the doctor's office, they're always going to ask you, is this a result of an auto accident? That's because they want to get to that medical payments. They see that they're ambulance right, first thing they're going to try to do is try to collect from the medical payments first. So it has happened, and I I think Mark knows this as well. It can very easily get exhausted from other people if they know you haven't. So if you're wanting it for yourself to pay for deductibles to pay for for other expenses revolving around your medical bills. Then you have to go to it quick because it will get exhausted. That you know, because a lot of people only have five thousand or you can.
Speaker 4: A lot of companies think both its subject to a deductible.
Speaker 5: It is no deductible.
Speaker 19: Non't care no, Now, I wouldn't give the information to an er or anything. I mean, I just simply want to give your insurance information. You hire an attorney and let them deal with the medpay and where it gets applied.
Speaker 4: Okay, folks, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Stick around, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Okay, Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter. Let's go to the phones. Phones take priority. Oscar has a question for Brian Burns from Compass Insurance, and I'll bring up Brian. Yes, sir, yes, sir, I can hear you. Go ahead, sir.
Speaker 20: H this is a tomp question.
Speaker 22: I had a dent on my Uh why backbenders? You can imagine a softball.
Speaker 13: That's what it looks like now and how did it happen?
Speaker 4: Did you say how did it happen?
Speaker 15: I have I have no idea.
Speaker 4: And wait, wait when did you notice it?
Speaker 15: Bro?
Speaker 22: Probably three weeks ago. I always drive.
Speaker 4: I just noticed it.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I always ride my every two weeks.
Speaker 4: Well, well, what are you asking, though? What's the question? I guess I don't know what the question is?
Speaker 22: Well, would the would my insurance pause or no? It is on my own pocket.
Speaker 5: I have no idea, So first and foremost my thought would be your insurance company probably will. We'll say that's a collision claim, not a comprehensive unless you, you know, had some form of proof that it was a softball hit it. Otherwise they're going to think something collided with another car, hit it and took off or something like that. So do you have collision? Do you have collision coverage?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 22: I have full coverage.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you would be subject to your deductible. If it's a small dent to the bumper, I would I would say, there's no way it's going to be worth making a claim, Okay, okay, because if it's a collision claim, it's surchargeable, So there'd be no reason even if it was in excess of of your deductible, it's not going to be a whole lot more than your deductible, and so then I wouldn't make a claim for that small amount.
Speaker 22: Okay, Okay, Well thanks many.
Speaker 5: If you get a deer, that's comprehensive.
Speaker 19: Yeah, okay, isn't that strange because you're colliding with a deer.
Speaker 5: I know, it's the one area of comprehensive that maybe doesn't make as much sense because it's, uh, you know, it is a collision in a sense. But but animals are considered comprehensive.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now what about some other coverages we have liability comprehensive, we have collision, we have Now let's talk about this is the most misunderstood, uninsured and underinsured. Now what is the what is the anacronym for that? You M and U I am you M slash u I M okay, and it's underinsured uninsured yep.
Speaker 5: And that is to protect people, well.
Speaker 4: Which one is underinsured and which one is uninsured?
Speaker 5: Are you am as uninsured motorists? Okay, go ahead, and then you I am is under insured.
Speaker 4: Now let's talk about it. Yep.
Speaker 5: So that again is going to be coveraged for you and people in your vehicle.
Speaker 4: Kind of.
Speaker 5: It's similar to medical payments. The difference here is that it's only applicable if whoever hits you is uninsured or under insured.
Speaker 4: So it covers damages, covers not damages, but pain and suffering only.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pain and suffering, loss of work, paintuff, Yeah, totally, yeah, that that's all that it's it's therefore, it's not really there to cover your medical bills, although they could certainly try to lump that in there, so it could be part of it, but most people have health insurance, so it's it's more about here's the thing. Very rarely do you see uninsured motorist claims or not everyday type claims, But when you see them, they're big. They're almost always very large claims because you know it's going to pay for a lot of damage.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what we're saying is basically it's for you, and you'd be silly, silly not to have this coverage. Explain some of that, Explain how you use it.
Speaker 5: So if in Colorado there is a large portion of people that are uninsured to begin with, and even another large percentage that have the state minimum, which is that twenty five thousand dollars. So if someone hits you that's uninsured or underinsured and you're injured, let's say you can't work anymore, you're in a hospital bed for the next six months, if they only have twenty five thousand dollars of coverage or no coverage at all, what are you going to do? Where are you going to go for that? Well, in this case, that's where uninsured motors comes in. Your own insurance company is going to pay you up to your limits for that loss of work, loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, whatever you want to that total bucket there, that's what it's going to pay. So if you look at your declaration page and you see you have twenty five thousand dollars of uninsured motorists. You're so underinsured you can imagine that that won't get you anywhere. That's not going to get you any anything, you know, for any length of time. That's not going to protect you.
Speaker 4: No. In fact, it's it's way worse than that.
Speaker 19: You you only have twenty five fifty I'd even say one hundred thousand to that, Brian. Someone hits you that has a minimum for the state of Colorado or no insurance, it doesn't matter, and they change your life forever. You lose a leg yep, or you can't work anymore, you end up in a wheelchair.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's it.
Speaker 19: The only money you have is from your own insurance company at that point, yep.
Speaker 5: And let's even say they have two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a coverage. Let's say they actually had good coverage. That's still not going to be enough. Well, your your uninsured motors can go on top of that. It would like what you're paying for it, you could still get more.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, I mean we've had ton of the uninsured.
Speaker 19: Plus, like I said, the umbrella you sold us actually extends ours to the umbrella amount.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so your umbrella. In some cases, if you have it and the company offers it, you can get access on insured motors on your umbrella, which would give you an additional million dollars on top of your two hundred and fifty if that's what you have at your underlying limit.
Speaker 4: Okay, Uninsured property damage yep. Now that's a separate policy and a separate coverage.
Speaker 5: Yep, we're going back to physical damage coveragees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, and I will categorize this better, but right now, and yeah, let's just let's what is uninsured property damage.
Speaker 5: So that's coverage for your vehicle. It's only applicable if you don't have collision coverage. Let's just say your car is old enough. You're like, you know what, I don't want to pay for collision anymore, any kind of collision coverage anymore. You can remove your collision and you can get uninsured vote property.
Speaker 4: Now, what if someone has insurance but they're they're dicking around? Okay, I mean, can I can I put a claim in.
Speaker 5: For unassured motors property damage?
Speaker 4: No, nope.
Speaker 5: Unasured motors property damage is only going to protect your vehicle in the case that someone does not have insurance. So it's only on those circumstances. It doesn't cover you if it's a hit and run because the insurance company is not going to assume they didn't have insurance. It's only there if someone hits your vehicle, does damage to your vehicle.
Speaker 4: Very limited coverage.
Speaker 5: It's very limited.
Speaker 4: But it's also when you don't have collision and when someone hurts you, uh damages your car and they don't have insurance.
Speaker 5: That's right, But it's also only usually twenty bucks every six months. I mean it's it's very inexpensive.
Speaker 4: But if you have collision, you don't bother with it, no, because.
Speaker 5: Collision covers you. If someone's uninsurance, it covers your car. Still, even if someone doesn't have insurance, your collision will step in and pay to fix your vehicle. So it's only applicable if you don't have collision coverage and you don't want to go pure liability. You just think, you know what, I don't want to go all the way down. This is a way to step down a bit.
Speaker 4: Forgive me. Did you talk to Oscar? Is Oscar the one with the uh, the the dent and he didn't know how he yeah?
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, we talked to Oscar.
Speaker 4: Kahina helped me keep up on this man. Okay, thank you, We have more coming up to don Tell Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three a two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank to the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay. Let's continue the festivities and take calls as you need help. Laura has a question. Okay, Laura, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Welcome, Hello, thank you.
Speaker 21: For taking my call. I live in South Folders and I live on a wild land urban interface.
Speaker 4: I have a wildland urban interface. Help me, just help me. What is that I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with it. It sounds is it like a wildlife Well, what is it? Is it federal or ste or local?
Speaker 21: It's when you live right on the edge of the open space your property of budget, okay, either.
Speaker 4: City or and you're okay, and the open space is the open space federal land, state land, or county land set aside county land. So the land you back up to is some kind of green belt that's owned by Boulder County, Y, Okay. So what is your question.
Speaker 8: I have Chubb as my home.
Speaker 21: Insurance carrier, and they offer a benefits where they give private firefighters will come to your house and full mits if need be. But what if everybody, you know, a lot of people in the neighborhood have Schubb. How do they decide which home to go to? Or what if the private firefighters are not allowed in the neighborhood because it's already been closed off.
Speaker 4: My god, I've never even heard of this before. I'm asked. Listen, you're opening my eyes. I've never heard of this before. Now let's talk about it. It's a big, big thing, Tom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and all these high value carriers all do that. We have Chubb and we and the company you're with, Tom Pure, has it. It's a fire protection program that they they automatically offer. As a matter of fact, I don't even know what to call.
Speaker 4: Who's a private firefighter? Who are they?
Speaker 5: Well, they come up exactly if there's one of them your men area, they send them out.
Speaker 4: I mean there are companies that actually fight fires privately. Oh I watched them.
Speaker 10: You may recall they have it those wildfires and Boulder about ten or twelve years ago.
Speaker 4: Doesn't county call them in?
Speaker 10: Do they know the county has not? They're not responsive to the county. So I was up there photographing the fire and I saw a convoy of trucks.
Speaker 4: They just show up on their own and they get they're called.
Speaker 10: Okay, or the homeowner also has the option of privately contracting with them. This company was called fire Chiefs, and they had about a dozen vehicle convoy with dozens of men and they were driving right past the police roadblocks going up the hill to protect one particular house.
Speaker 5: And what they'll do to them, they'll spray it with like that foam. They'll they'll do everything in their power to prevent that house that they're insuring from burning down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they generally work for the insurance company. Yes, but she had some good questions. If she has neighbors insured by the same people, what priority is there.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think they would limit the priority. They would send as much as they need for the given area. They know how much does that actual truck?
Speaker 4: How much did I.
Speaker 19: I don't go ahead, Mark, there's a rule metro that I'm just saying. It's not like it's like one guy in a truck. It's like a full blown right firefighting outfit.
Speaker 4: It's huge. Oh yeah, they're for real. Yeah, they're not going to show up in one MiCT go hey, do we go to this house or that house. They're going to show up with twenty trucks, and.
Speaker 5: They know in advance how many homes they're dealing with. They know they have, you know how many homes they have insured in that point, and they'll send out the appropriate amount of trucks for the number of homes they have.
Speaker 4: Okay, now the private firefighters, how much does that coverage cost?
Speaker 5: This is what I'm saying. It's automatic with these high values like a Chubb, they automatically do it. The only reason you wouldn't get it if you don't sign off to allow them to come in in that case.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Laura, my question is if it's automatic with your coverage, why are you concerned at all?
Speaker 21: Well, you know, when the fire comes down super fast, are they ready? How many trucks, how many teams do they have?
Speaker 4: Well, here's what I'm asking. If you went with another company, here, here's what I'm saying. And understand what I'm saying. If you went with another company that doesn't offer this, you don't get it. If you're with Chubb and you're satisfied with the premium and it's built into the coverage, why do you even care? I mean, it's it's additional help, no matter what it is. Well, other than curiosity, I get it. She's saying, Look, it's part of my premium. I'd like to know how they decide when to come and who to come to. That's what she's saying. So, yeah, Brian, you're saying.
Speaker 1: What they.
Speaker 21: I have enough product who might check out. It's called Frontline Wildfire Defense System and they install like a Strinkler Frontline Wildfire Defense System.
Speaker 19: Wow, I'm looking at their website. Pretty cool. And if you don't I wonder if they have tom so. You know, if you don't have Chubb or one of these companies, you can still go to someone like Rural Metro or a hundred other ones and sign up on a monthly subscription and then you have coverage for it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now I'm looking. I'm looking at a YouTube of this wall. Listen, that's U on YouTube talking about that. Huh.
Speaker 21: It's a sprinkler system for your roofs and then it also forms your house.
Speaker 11: It's used by an app and you can initiate it.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be Oh, it saturates the hell out of your house. I wonder if they have stats to show. I mean it looks phenomenal, yeah, and foam inside.
Speaker 19: I bet it works, I mean the I bet it works for a one off. But you have something like going on in La now or something like the Boulder fires. I mean, nothing's gonna stop that, right, I mean, it's gonna be ashes like everybody else.
Speaker 4: Well, who knows. I mean there were people out there with isolated home saved and they had either a system like this or they built with defensive what they call defensive products. I'm not sure what that means anyway. So the sound you're hearing is me playing this video.
Speaker 21: Well, after the Marshall fire, we would drive around and we would say, well, why is this one house standing and everything around it burned?
Speaker 8: We would always wonder what did they do that we could do?
Speaker 4: Do you have a lot of trees and brush around you? No?
Speaker 21: No, I've mitigated all of that.
Speaker 4: I wonder how much this system costs? This frontline and you can actually trigger it with your cell phone. My god, it's pretty cool, you know. Let's put it this way. I if I envision a time that you're going to have to have stuff like this or not be insured, I envision a time when you're going to have to do mitigation or you're going to have to do something before you're even allowed to be insured. What do you think about that, Brian.
Speaker 5: Well, it's already here on New Business, Like, if you're trying to get new insurance, first thing they're looking at is the mitigation you've done. I mean, first thing they look at is the area you're in, of course, and there's a wildfire score associated with that, and if you are at a particular wildfire score, you're not going to get insurance in the standard market, but even to get insurance from a secondary market, from an excess market. They want to know what mitigation you've done. So they want to make sure you've gotten the trees away from the house, that they've trimmed the trees up that are even further from the house. They want to see that they're trimmed up a certain distance or a certain height off the ground. There's all sorts of things that you can do to minimize the fire risk. You can't ever, you can't ever, you know, eliminate it, but you can reduce the risk. And that's what they want to see.
Speaker 4: All right now, I'm we got to take this break. More coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So I'm getting a lot of text I should probably go to and figure out what's going on here. Like one here, Tom, make sure to talk about comp and collision as far as hitting a deer or hitting a tree. So we went over all kinds of insurance coverages on this show from and and basically to sum it up liability, comprehensive collision, medpay or medical payments, uninsured motorists and uninsured motorists and uninsured motoris property damage by the way, before we move on, are there any other major coverages or did we cover them right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You're all you're talking about umbrellas. Just wait one second though, as far as auto.
Speaker 5: You're referring to, yeah, other than your your more minor things like like you're talking about rental car coverage, towing us.
Speaker 4: But that's all added under which.
Speaker 5: Part that's that would be part of physical damage covers for your vehicle without.
Speaker 4: Pay glass coverages is saved me a thousands? Can you get can you get glass? And towing and all that other stuff without collision or without comp No, you have to.
Speaker 5: Have collision and comp well, for glass, you have to have comprehensive So glass would just mean that you have a separate deductible for glass claims. And then you have, of course things like lease gap, loan gap. There's there's all sorts of little endorsements depending on the situation endorsements.
Speaker 4: Okay, now so then uh, you know Mark has a question. But before that, now that what this one? What this guy said, If I hit a deer or I hit a tree, are there two different coverage.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you hit a deer or an animal of any kind, that would be a comprehensive claim, which means if you make that claim, you're not going to get surcharged in the state of Colorado, you're not going to have a rate increase because of it. If you hit a tree, that is a collision claim and that is a chargeable claim.
Speaker 4: Or not just a tree, but including hitting any.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you hit a pole, you had a fence, you had a you had a tree, whatever you hit, that would be a collision.
Speaker 4: But it's stationary the key. No, it's not being stationary. Well, it's hitting any.
Speaker 5: Object other than like an animal which is other.
Speaker 4: Than an animal.
Speaker 5: The you hit another car that's not stationary, that's collision though, Yes, you're right, yeah, how about it?
Speaker 4: Hey, Brian, how about a Tesla robot.
Speaker 5: Like if the Tesla is driving on its own and hits something, Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 19: No, No, I'm saying like a robot like legitimately either the Honda or the Tesla robot.
Speaker 31: So, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you if you hit it, it's still going to be a collision.
Speaker 4: How about okay, how about a remote control plane comes crashing into your car?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that would still be comprehensive. Right, No, A, you're still collision. It's still a an eye, you know, it's still another idea, uh another moving It's not a vehicle in this tenth case, but you can still be considered a collision claim. We have more checked was the word I was looking for.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up on the Trebleshooter Show three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Please time for an insurance check up free No obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: News. That's who you don't have the come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martine, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. And if you're streaming, you'll see Brian Burns to my right and uh it's also screen left actually but to my right. And we're discussing problems, questions, complaints, basically everything near and dear to your heart and pocketbook, things that you need to know about and we love talking about it. So please call us at three oh three, Uh Martino twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, and we're happy to do whatever it takes to help you. Now, Okay, so right now I want to go to the phones. Let's see. Let me just get to the screen. And Dave has a question for Brian Burns, Compass Insurance Group. Dave, Welcome to the show, Dave. What's going on with you man?
Speaker 15: Thank Brian.
Speaker 32: What do you recommend when you have a yes?
Speaker 15: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir?
Speaker 20: You hear me, yes, sir.
Speaker 32: We can hear you recommend when you recommend When we have a house in the mountain and our property, our neighbor has within the fifteen or two hundred feet of what they would like to see as.
Speaker 31: Fires fire mitigation, and he will not allow us to cut any trees or trim any trees.
Speaker 5: So your insurance company is saying you need to mitigate further out than when your property is located like, in other words, outside of your property boundary.
Speaker 32: Well, right, right now, I have no insurance on it because I'm in the process.
Speaker 1: Of building it.
Speaker 31: I'm about to get my COO.
Speaker 4: But okay, the.
Speaker 32: Neighbors, they said they wanted them to be with outside two hundred.
Speaker 31: Feet to have everything cut down or trimmed to get insurance on that, and say, yeah, we have the same issue his neighbor's property line is too close to within the two hundred feet or fifty feet, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that usually when you run into that, I hear exactly what you're saying. You're saying, I can't force my neighbors to cut down their trees or mitigat any further. The insurance companies, especially if you're in a high fire risk area, you're you're looking at like an excess carrier, not an admitted carrier at that point. And you can usually talk to an underwriter and say, will do whatever you need us to do on our property. We can't, and they know you can't force your neighbors to do it, so they will require whatever you can do on your own.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense? Their will be Yeah, they're not. Yeah, there's not much they can do about it, all right, three h three seven on three talks seven one three eight two five five. If you have any questions, problems, complaints, give us a call on anything. Today is insurance day, so we are focusing a bit on that, and it's very important. I mean, now more than ever, the landscape is changing. My goodness, gracious now, Brian, what about comparison? Should do anymore?
Speaker 5: Yes, I do have a couple here. Let's see.
Speaker 4: We see we're asking people to call. You can call it directly to a compass and say hey, I'm on an insurance checkup to get a sampling of what they do. Then they do it even when they're not here. Okay, the Insurancehealthcenter dot com. We invented that how many years ago, Brian? The Insurance Healthcenter dot com? Long ago? And then also three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, which is their main line, And is there an option there for insurance checkov yes? Okay, yep, good, So what did we find?
Speaker 5: Okay, these people are with American Family for auto and home right now. They were paying a total of ninety one eighty year for the two nine thousand. That is not that far outside of normal. It looks like the agent that work with them got a quote with auto owners and we're able to add an umbrella policy to that, so they have an extra million dollars of liability and saved them thirty eight seventy two weeks.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're saving them almost four thousand dollars a year, placing them with a better company and getting them a one million dollar umbrella.
Speaker 5: That's it. Holy crap, Holy that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Huh oh, that's one of the best I've seen in today's market. People. You know, you're saving four grand if we do the math for a grand mom. I know people are doing it in their heads and they're smarter than me, and so the hell with you. Okay, that's three hundred and thirty three bucks a month.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a call with better coverage. So all right, Yeah, there's another one.
Speaker 4: I'll just tell you real quick, No, real quick, tell me. I want to hear them.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: This one was with Country Financial, and they just so happened to be exactly that circumstance we were talking about where they had two hundred and fifty thousand per person for liability five hundred thousand per accident, but they had twenty five to fifty for uninsured motorists. So they saw that on their declaration page, called them we are We got them a quote with a company called Acuity.
Speaker 4: I love Acuity.
Speaker 5: Good duty is fantastic. They have guaranteed replacement cost on the home, and they have not only the five hundred thousand of uninsured motorst on the auto. We were able to add it to the umbrella and give them another million dollars and we saved them twelve hundred dollars a year.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool man. I mean this is right before your eyes people, This is live, This is real stuff. And as I said with the second opinion, you can't lie about that because they have to be able to do it right, you know I people that say, well I can do better than that, well, then do it do better than that. Let me scoot you over here. Okay, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now let's uh, let's consider what we've talked about, and that is we've talked about coverages and coverages to go over again. We we just wanted to be basic liability covers others bodily injury and property damage. That protects really it protects others, okay, from your damage. It's required by law. Comprehensive, is not required by law. Has it deductible, and protects your vehicle from damage other than collision, hail, fire, theft, animal strikes, auto theft, and then separate. You can get some good deductibles like a zero deductible full glass. Then you have collision which is subject to a deductible and that covers your vehicle for any collision regardless of fault, including and hitting any object except an animal, right, yep, except an animal.
Speaker 5: Yep. Animal would be comprehensive.
Speaker 4: Okay. And I'm mis making notes here and I'm going to be posting something I think to social media for this. Okay. So then medical payments or medpay covers you and your passengers for medical expenses.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Really important. And you can buy various what's the most you can buy?
Speaker 5: That depends on the carrier. Some only offer ten thousand, some will go up to fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: But the good idea is it's immediately available.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can reject it. There's people that don't have any medical payments, but you have to actually sign a form rejecting it with the state in order to get rid of it.
Speaker 4: U I am uninsured. Under insured covers pain and suffering for you and your passengers. Now that is in the event they're underinsured or uninsured, and that's important. Coverage. Pain and suffering is not direct medical. Yeah, pain and suffering is hard to define, but they're basically are they non economic losses? Some of them are economic, aren't?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, it could be economic. It could be your loss of wages like you can't work anymore, and uh, it's a direct reflection of all that money you're going to lose.
Speaker 4: Then a little known, a little known coverage called um property damage. Explain that rin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uninsured murders. Property damage is is not a real common coverage. It's only available if you do not have collision coverage on your vehicle, and it will protect your vehicle if someone hits you that's uninsured. It covers your car, not you. It will protect your car if someone hits you that is uninsured.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about various endorsements. What do we mean by that?
Speaker 5: So on an autopolicy, and of course on home and other products too, But on the autopolicy, since that's what we're talking about here, you can add endorsements for let's say, rental car reimbursement, and that one has become really important because the cost of renting a car has skyrocketed so and the time to have your car fixed takes so long. A lot of policies will limit the amount of rental car coverage for thirty days. So if it takes more than thirty days to get your car repaired, your policy very well might cap out after thirty days and then you're responsible after that. So rental car coverage, you want to look at it. Some carriers will offer a blanket amount, let's say twenty five hundred dollars, and it's not subject to a number of days or a per day limit. But you just need to reach your policy to see what you might have. Roadside assistance is considered an endorsement that you would add on there. But we're talking about something like loan gap or lease gap. That would be coverage that if for loan gap, if you have a loan on your vehicle, you buy a brand new car and you get a loan for the full amount. The day you drive it off the lot, your car depreciates in value, so the loan gap would be there. That if your car got totaled and you owe more to the finance company than what your car is worth, your insurance can make up that gap. That's what that is referring to. And lease gap, same kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You got a big job, and it's amazing the small margins you operate on. And I don't mean that as a I mean, you know, let's just say it like it is. I think health insurance and auto insurance and home insurance. You guys work on very small margins. I mean what you make for the hassles, I mean really, I mean, let's just I mean it's good you make money, but you have to do it on volume and service because oh god, it doesn't and it's not like people can go direct and save money, right, So it's foolish to try to do that and it just gets and you're not captive. That's another thing I want to really when we come back, it's really important that we know the difference between captive and what's the opposite of captive non captain dependent? Independent? Okay, it's really really important. Now is Mark a new call here? Let me get him Mark? Or did we we take Mark? Mark? Did you already talk to us? I'm sorry, man, I'm sure, okay, And did you have any follow up questions?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 15: I just had a quick question on if you have a minor that's turning sixteen and you're ohold, it does not drive, do you have to ensure them?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: Are they license?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 15: But I have heard that. Oh no, I want you to ensure anybody that's of age.
Speaker 5: No, if they are not, So there's carriers that if they have a permit, you need to let your agent know so they can add him on as a permit, but most carriers don't even charge for that. There's not a specific charge for having a permitted driver in the household, but the only time you have to actually list them is when they are licensed.
Speaker 19: Hey, hey, Brian, what apps if the kid, the teenager decided to, you know, take his parents' car out to run down a circle k or whatever, and he gets into an accident, would they have coverage?
Speaker 5: Well, you're saying, like, if they were they weren't licensed.
Speaker 4: And they're not. Let's say they were fifteen or sixteen, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's where it gets complicated. Your insurance will cover any other operator, whether they're licensed or not, if you get permissive use. The problem is if you're saying, hey, I didn't give this kid permissive use. He stole the car and took.
Speaker 4: It, so, but it's your kid, wouldn't you be liable?
Speaker 5: You're libel and your insurance would step in and pay for that. You're going to be covered for someone in your household if they're not license, not listed on the policy. That doesn't matter. You're still being liable for it. Your insurance is going to extend.
Speaker 4: But they might not cover the vehicle itself if it was destroyed.
Speaker 5: No, I think your coverage will extend fully on that. The only only thing I was telling you is sometimes it's not always in your best interest to say your kids stole the car, because permissive use you have to do you.
Speaker 4: Have to if you said they stole the car, Why would anyone do that? What's the benefit?
Speaker 5: I think? I think the purpose they get mad, they're mad that their kid took their car. I think the point is if you're making a claim, you say my kid took my car and got into an accident, that is a very truthful statement, and your and then your insurance is going to extend for that.
Speaker 4: All right. I got to take this break on Tom Martine three h three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up, free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Diane's on the line. She has a question for Brian from Compass Insurance Group. We've had a very edifying show talking about insurance, different types of coverages, what's in store for us in the future, and all kinds of stuff, and doing insurance comparisons and helping people dramatically save money dramatically by doing an insurance checkup. Again, as I always say, you can't go wrong doing a checkup because people can't say, oh that's bad if they can't beat it. I mean, that would be stupid. So anyway, what's going on, Diane?
Speaker 17: Would you please discuss how an insurance company can offer a policy and you pay for it and then they have thirty days to change their mind and can't full you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead, Brian, would let me bring up your camera and stuff. Go ahead?
Speaker 20: So yeah, they.
Speaker 5: Actually most policies have sixty days.
Speaker 4: It's called the contestability. Contestability or what is it called the period?
Speaker 5: Contestability period as well is what I look at it. So they do have that ability because a lot of times they'll go and inspect the home. So they're not going to inspect it prior to binding coverage. They're going to offer the terms of the policy. But then there's that contingency in there that says they can go and inspect the home to figure out if there's anything that needs to be changed, if they need to increase the dwelling. But okay, mitigation factors, there's all sorts of things.
Speaker 4: Diane, Have you had it happen where you thought you had coverage and then did not? Okay, well I have a good question. Wait a minute, you bring up something really important. Okay, So we're doing these insurance checkups. So what if someone says, okay, I'm going to switch because you can do better, and then they're contested.
Speaker 5: Yep, what happens? Then, bro, it absolutely can happen.
Speaker 4: And so if well, what happens, here's what my advice is. Usually, Tom, Yes, go ahead, die, Tom.
Speaker 19: It did happen.
Speaker 17: So I went through this whole thing about a year ago, and did you.
Speaker 4: Go through it with compass? Did you go through it with compass? Diane? Okay? And they said they and they said they can get you.
Speaker 17: Auto Owners accepted us. And then what they contested was my neighbors lived a mile away.
Speaker 15: That was their.
Speaker 4: Excuse, your neighbors, what nice.
Speaker 17: Homes live a mile away. We have a really nice home. We haven't had any claims in over ten years.
Speaker 4: But they what was it about your neighbor that they What was it about your neighbor's coverage? I don't understand. She's in a rural area.
Speaker 17: Neighbor's coverage. The neighbor lived over a mile away, and they were worried if there was a fire or something, no one would know.
Speaker 13: Is what happen?
Speaker 5: There was no other homes in close proximity. Okay, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but generally when I but Tom to give you an idea, So what was the result, I mean, you know, I need to know the result. What was the result.
Speaker 15: So this was the result.
Speaker 17: So I had all State and so I listened to you and I did the compass, and they got us Auto Owners, and my auto policy was more than all State, but my house was better. So I was like, let's go for it.
Speaker 18: So then what happened.
Speaker 17: It came back that they declined us after thirty sixty days whatever because the neighbor was too far away. And then I ended up having to go with someone else because Compass couldn't help. And now I had Foremost on the house and safe Co on the vehicles, and I think, what was your net result?
Speaker 4: What was your net result as far as your expenses?
Speaker 17: I have to pay more now for Foremost, and and I did for all stakes and obviously all the auto owners. Like I said, the auto was a little expensive.
Speaker 15: For that house.
Speaker 1: Was I got it?
Speaker 4: No, I got it, Diane, Listen, this is the first time we ever heard of this. And I assure you there's a big there's a big chunk here.
Speaker 19: I just went through this with Brian, and I called up and my renewal was Safeco was going to be X amount higher like everybody else's. He shopped everybody else and basically Safeco was the best. So I went outside and got a bid from State Farm. The State Farm came back a little cheaper, and I send it over to Brian to look at and he goes, yeah, that's just a hairbit better than this, but he goes, here's what I would do. He goes, don't cancel anything you got with us until after you have it's binded, and then you cancel and you can cancel as a day.
Speaker 4: Of so you get a full refle Why did we'll do that?
Speaker 1: Would do it?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 23: So?
Speaker 4: Is that what you do most of the time? Brian, Yeah, hold on, hold on, Diane, just wait a second. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. So so go ahead. Brian.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So what usually should be the recommendation is exactly what Mark is saying there is I'll tell someone if, especially if it's a fire.
Speaker 4: Area or a rural area, do not cancel.
Speaker 5: Don't cancel until we know it gets through that inspection period. It sounds like that's not what happened to Diane. So Diane, I'm so sorry you went through that, because that's not that's definitely not what we intend if we're going to find you a better deal, if we don't think it's solid and we think it's an area where you're going to have inspection issues or something else, I'll always tell people, don't cancel your current insurance until we know it goes through.
Speaker 4: How often do you think it does happen though.
Speaker 5: Oh, we get it for our own customers, especially in this market where like Mark's talking about, the rates are going up and so the renewal rates are going up quite a bit. And will say, well, I found a better deal with X, you know, insurance company, and I'll tell them, don't cancel your insurance until it goes through. And I can't tell you how often.
Speaker 4: But then then can you literally then? But but then from the period for the contestability period, are you double insured?
Speaker 5: You can always backdate that cancelation. The only thing you'll have to do is provide proof that you had insurance. Okay, your insurance company can backdate that cancelation.
Speaker 4: You know, Diane, thank you so much for calling on this. I mean, you know, but wonder to go through.
Speaker 17: And now I'm with somebody.
Speaker 4: Else now, but it was but to give them give them another chance. I swear to you, give them another chance, and maybe they can they can somehow figure this out what happened and all that. I mean, look at obviously what happened. That it's a weird market right now. It truly is a weird market. And I'm not making excuses, but it really is. And I assure you something happened there where they would have said, you know, hang on to your coverage. Something was as odd though about how they looked at the underwriting and if somebody called you about that, Brian, can you talk to the underwriters about stuff like that?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean, if it's outside of our we don't make the old time.
Speaker 4: No, of course you don't. But you can say I think you got this wrong though, I mean, or.
Speaker 5: We'll bring case to them and say, hey, hold on a second. Here, here's pictures of the property here, and in her case, there's no other homes around. Well, what is the fire risk? What is there mitigation we can do around her property? Is this a second home where you're not there most of the time. I mean, there's all sorts of questions that I obviously don't know Diane's last name right now, so I haven't looked her up to find out what the details of her her problem was.
Speaker 4: Do you want him to look it up? Diane?
Speaker 17: It was about last year?
Speaker 15: March is February March.
Speaker 4: And Diane, can you can you let's get your let's get your last name and number off the air and have Brian look at it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'd like to just see what happened.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Our our sponsors are golden. You know that they would never do anything that ever you cause a problem, and so so just hang on, Kelly, get this to Brian Burns for me.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Jim says his brother lost his home in California. Man, am I sorry? And he has a question for Brian. Okay, Jim, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, my brother and his wife lost their home in Altadena, California, and it's a total loss. At their age, he's eighty three. They are not rebuilt, so they did have extended replacement cost coverage. Does that apply even though they will not rebuild.
Speaker 5: No, most policies, if they have a cash out option, which that is going to be you know, unique to their policy, if that's even an option for them, where if they choose not to rebuild they can just cash out. It's usually limited only to the dwelling limit, so they even if they have the extended replacement cost they won't give that on a cash out basis. Does that make sense?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 8: And I assume the same thing is true for building code upgrade insurance, which they had, which won't help them.
Speaker 5: I assume, right if you're not rebuilding the house, then they'll they'll most likely cap the amount that they'll pay up to that dwelling limit. Whatever that dwelling limit is.
Speaker 8: Right, and they've got additional living expenses. They've got coverage up to one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars with Safegal up to two year limit I believe, right, But expenses comes out of that too. I assume right now they're staying in all.
Speaker 5: It does, but before they I would just tell you before they did make that decision to say, hey, we're cashing out, the problem with that could be with that additional living expense. Once the they cash out, they've been paid in full, and I don't know whether that additional living expense will continue on. So I would I would advise them to think through their options before just settling on that and find that part out, like how long will the additional living extensive expenses extend if they choose to cash out on the dwelling.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's good information, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because you can think that the basis of that coverage is to be there while they're rebuilding the home. That's the idea behind additional living expenses. It's to give them money while their home is being rebuilt. And if the insurance company is going to pay out the total value of the home and just say we're not rebuilding, then there's going to be a limitation to that additional living expense.
Speaker 4: Okay, anything else, sir?
Speaker 8: And do you have any idea of what square foot costs are to rebuild in California at this time?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, Now you know the problem is going to be it's going to skyrocket unfortunately, just like we saw here in Colorado when the boulderfires occurred. You know what was going to cost, let's say two hundred of square foot went up to four hundred of square foot overnight because there's such a huge demand for contractors and supplies that it's going to go up exponentially from what it would have been before. So if it was a one house that was damaged, the cost would be way lower than what it's going to be now because there's going to be such a demand.
Speaker 4: So I really going to be five or six it's going to be, yeah.
Speaker 8: But capped at their policy limit, well.
Speaker 5: Not if you have extended replacement costs, but if you cash out, yes, they're not. They're not going to include that extended replacement cost because it's the way the policies are written. That's based off of rebuilding the home. So if they were to rebuild the home and they have fifty extended replacement costs, then their dwelling limit would be extended by that amount.
Speaker 4: All right, now, hang on, we'll come back to Greg. I want to mention something. Somebody did message me and I'm so sorry, thank you, sir. And somebody did message me and said, Tom, you said you would personally talk to us about finances or just an overviewer, just if we had questions to pick your brain with no obligation. That's absolutely true, people, absolutely true. And I didn't give out the information on the on the number. I'm going to tell you how we do it. It's for Wave eight Wealth Management, my company financial advisement that I made public. And this is not to convince you to be a client at all. In fact, there's no obligation, not even close. Look, after all this time in my life, I'm truly you know what BS never works. You know you got to be sincere. I want to help people even if you never do anything with me. So I'm going to work out time to talk to you guys, because that's what I promised. I've pledged through my company. So here's what I want you to do. If you text me at this number, I will make an arrangement through texting to call you and then we'll talk. Okay, and we can do it either on a phone or we can do a zoom. Here's the text number. Just say Tom, I want to talk about finances. This is if you just want to talk and you just have a question or two seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Now that is a personal Google number that comes directly to me. Seven four seven nine fifty two eighty. Listen. There is nothing nothing but pure meaning here. I want to help you, Okay, just answer any questions. I've made so many mistakes. The important thing is you know I'm learning, and I've learned a lot and I want to help seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty more. Coming right up? All right, Tom Martina here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Mark Craig says he's working with you with a rap Hokia. What's going on, Craig, Craig appreciate it.
Speaker 15: Yes, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Dropped off your vehicle. You dropped off your vehicle at a wrap Hokia October sixteenth, and you needed a tranny. So it wasn't going out of fourth year. But when they put the training in you still had problems. And it turns out you needed a PCM mark. Do I have that right?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 19: But it's way passing and it's to the point can you hear me, yes, sir, Yeah, so it's to the point where it's finished. It turned out it was the transmission, but they're also saying he needed a computer.
Speaker 4: I have got a couple messages into the service manager and the dude's just simply not calling back. Okay, so what do we do now?
Speaker 16: Car was the car was real quick. The car was done Thursday the night. But then I says, what about the skid plate? Did you put this that that said four by four foot piece of goos underneath.
Speaker 4: To the motor? Yeah we get it, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 16: We forgot about that. We forgot about that. I'm so apologized. So now they had to order it. They got it in, and they got it.
Speaker 4: Where's the old one? Where's the old one?
Speaker 16: Uh, the old one was scrapped or whichever.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 16: Scrapped. Okay, it was a bad shape, just you know, speed bump.
Speaker 4: So, but it did turn out that you needed it did turn out that you did need a transmission.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so they put a second transmission.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, all right, hold on, hold on, hold on. We're gonna take this up tomorrow and figure this out. I'm Tom Martino. Don't forget Compass Insurance, free insurance Checkups. Three oh three, nine ninety six nine thousand, three oh three nine nine six, nine thousand, Thanks for being here more tomorrow