Speaker 1: Saulsbury, old bright sy Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Sewn Salsbury, there to.
Speaker 3: Usc truth, longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 2: Bryan Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sewn Salsbury Show.
Speaker 1: Rockets hosted suns tonight at the Toyota Center seven thirty the tip off six thirty launch pad right here on seven nine, your home for Rockets basketball. Kevin Durant becomes the eighth player in NBA history to reach thirty thousand points last night. What took so damn long? What you're saying? Man? You see I call him Katie because we're tight pitchers and Ketchers are reporting tomorrow for the Astros triple e. I mean, so let me do that again. I messed that up, Shawn Tripley, what's happened? Good morning? Good morning to Reily, Good morning. Well, why we delayed here this morning? Fellas a little wet outside, you know, people driving with their hazards on. We got we a little upset what we got going on?
Speaker 4: Because you know, I need I need to bring your money for a kumb You introduced triple and I like we're some afterthought in the the world. Yeah, Hey, everything, Oh okay, Hey, Sean, Hey, Tripley, how you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Yeah, let's go, yeah, yeah, yeah, we go. Hey, it's the most boring time in sports. I want fake enthusiasts.
Speaker 4: You're fired up, you go through it, and all of a sudden, when it comes at Triple at me, you're like, hey, oh hey, by the way, Sean, great, it's great to have you guys on.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Then when we say good morning with enthusiasm, we're like, you don't like that good morning?
Speaker 1: No, I love that good Oh, I know what you're doing here? All right? Matter of fact, it feels racist when you open the show, don't you think, TRIPLEY, but it's a you're racist towards Whitey and the brothers. What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just feel so the full gamut. Triple and I've had conversations. We feel it's racist when introduced it. Guys, this is the locker room, this is a fraternity. We can all talk amongst ourselves. You know that, right, Well, Tripley, I do. We talk amongst him and I and we just keep it from you. But any other than that cold man, Well, actually that's kind of racist towards me. Well, yeah, we don't like Whitey. It's pretty simple. Tripley and I have decided that there's a Whitey other show and it ate him and it ate me. Well, I'll tell you what boy I made. I dabbled at a parlay last night. You did college basketball? Yeah, and well did it hit?
Speaker 1: Come on? Son? Okay?
Speaker 4: So would I be bragging if it didn't? Would I be telling you if if I lost it? You think got to come on here? Said I dabbled it, Dude, I hit. I had this badass parlay.
Speaker 1: Oh do you hit?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Only three of my five times? My favorite? Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I man, I had an open look at a basket but I missed it. But it almost made it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the closer where you've been sex to A and M winning and they lost. Oh, texting in one big I took that close and I think minus nine.
Speaker 1: It was last night. Nice. They were the closer and.
Speaker 4: I'm not I mean all parlay for fun, the parlays after when you when you've won a couple others, it's just a little dabble, yeah, because you know parlays are made not to win, but right, But but are they exhilarating?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes they are?
Speaker 4: And I like the chan, the challenge and the chase and the journey of it. We got to hang on every shot and is the getting it? Are they getting it for you? So yeah, thank you A and M for closing out a big parlay. Oh Wowaggs actually did something. Yeah, Diaggies are one of the top teams in the country right now.
Speaker 1: So in baseball, because you know, college baseball is starting to kick off to Jim Schlosnagel finally spoke to the media after becoming the Longhorns head coach. And then you look at the preseason rankings in Texas A and M, and a lot of them are number is number one. That SEC. You know, we talked about SEC all the time for football, now for college basketball because that conference is really, really, really good. Have you seen how good the SEC is in baseball? Yeah?
Speaker 4: They are in well, let's it's the equivalent of me. And that's in basketball this year. Oh my goodness, a bunch of a bunch of teams that are sitting.
Speaker 1: Near the top. So yeah, man, I Ophelia, Ophelia.
Speaker 3: Do you like that?
Speaker 1: Aim, Ophelia? Where are you going with this?
Speaker 4: I'm just wondering if you would you rather name your daughter Ophelia or date in.
Speaker 1: Ophelia date one one? Yeah, what would you call her philia? What's up filia?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I do feel you.
Speaker 4: But yeah, A and M and yes s C baseball matter of fact, the third best this year SEC football.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're prepared to basketball baseball when you wind it up, that's the there there there. The football conference is the third of the other of the three big sports, it's basketball and baseball. The conference football is third.
Speaker 1: I mean you look at you look at the preseason ranking rankings in college baseball. A and M at number one, l s U at number three, Tennessee at number four, arkansa saw at number five, Georgia at number eight, Florida at number ten, keep on going down, Mississippi State eighteen, Texas nineteen.
Speaker 4: How about that Schlasnegel leaves A and M and they're the number one ranked team in the country. So he who uh, you know, they'll they'll roll. I mean, Schlasnegel's a legend, right right, he's really good. You know, he did some amazing things at TCU, and we know what he did at A and M. And now he's going to what is one of the you know, A blue blood baseball program Texas.
Speaker 1: He'll get that. I mean, they're good.
Speaker 4: Everybody's staring at a national time soon. Nineteenth is nothing. We're that ranked right now. It is nothing but a format now.
Speaker 1: And plus with the money that that university has for their athletics and nil, I don't think people always talk about nil with with football. There's gonna be some nil money spent in baseball programs as those collectives get bigger and bigger. Oh yeah, it's going to have to be yeah, yeah, you're gonna be left.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man, when you look at college baseball. Just obviously baseball season right around the corner. But the way that this transfer portal is set up, it is effect. It's going all it's affecting all the way down to the youth side, Oh no doubt. High school kids like you got to start focusing on If you're not gonna make it to a D one, that's fine. You go to a D two, D three, juco like any of those three and you have one good years just like we talk about. You know, if you're a good quarterback in high school and you want to go to like a like what's it called an FBS school, or FC. Which one's FC? Sorry? You have one good year, dude. Do you hit that transfer portal You'll find a place. Oh yeah, and a lot of money to foot to boot crazy man. Yeah, good get if you can get it, love it. Yeah, with this transfer portal stuff it is. It is nuts h and again baseball season pitchers catchers reporting tomorrow. Excuse me for the Astros. Chris Gordy is gonna be headed down there to West Palm Beach. We'll have some updates from him Thursday and Friday. You guys pumped, I mean Alex Bregman's still a free agent. Let's get let's get rocked up. You know what I mean? You're pumped. I can't share your uh your excitement.
Speaker 7: More.
Speaker 1: Now I'm ready for I'm ready to start playing games. Let's get going, man. Yeah, I just you know hot stove these who was it yesterday?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Still hot stovers now lukewarm stove. Since it's time for spring training, it's Luke Ormstoff. Yeah, it's lukewarm all right, good luck?
Speaker 1: Man? Man? Who was it? Somebody dang it? One of the one of the reporters, uh busro Onie obviously, and then another guy I can't find it, but Jim Bowden, former GM in Major League Baseball MLB analyst for CBS Sports saying them, Yeah. He's also on MLB Network Radio. Been around the game a really, really, really really long time. Excuse me, he reported late last night, you're ready for this one. Teams that are still in on Alex Bregman, Red Sox, Blue Chase, Cubs, Tigers, Astros.
Speaker 4: So is that breaking news if they're still in on him, isn't it? I mean, you really don't lose anything. What's the risk of saying, hey, these a team still in if two of them fall off and they're not in right?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know who it was not. Now I can find Jeremy Booth. He's right here in the city. He does a lot with youth baseball scouting, player development. He does stuff with Jason Bristol over at kh o U eleven. He said that he tweeted out the he heard Alex Bregman is gonna move towards a short term deal with opt outs, So that's gonna Astros are not around for.
Speaker 4: That, and I wouldn't give it to him anyway. Huh, somebody else can? I've stated endlessly how I feel about opt out. So nope, I didn't sign you to let you walk a year after having your a good year. So yeah, well, good on him. If that's exactly what he wants to do. Find that that's great.
Speaker 1: Get what you can man, not getting in here, not getting in his wallet. But I can tell you this that I wouldn't be I don't think that he's going to come back here.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Well, when you look at like, let's just say you're a general manager, and you look at not not Danny Brown, take let's say the Cubs general manager, is it still theo Epstein? He's still up there?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: What about him? If you look at Alex Bregman and his notorious starts slow slow slow, June rolls around, I don't know where he starts to hit a little bit better. Why would you give that? Why would you give him a year opt out? I have no idea. Basically, you are paying him for half a season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have no idea. You know, to me, the logic, what what good is it doing? That's what I'm saying, What what good does it do? Jed Hoyer is the Gems?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, he I think he Epstein, isn't he the front office. Maybe he's doing something with him.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, he would. He left Boston to go there, and he helped them get their World Series. I don't know what his title is.
Speaker 1: He's not in it.
Speaker 4: He didn't leave to go somewhere else, did he. He might be the president and hired a general.
Speaker 1: He's in a front office somewhere. Yeah, he was Red Sox and then he was Cubs. He left. He left the Cubs in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I thought he left. I don't think he's there. I think wasn't Hoyer hired in his place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was an MLB consultant and now looks like he's with Fenway Sports Group.
Speaker 4: Okay, because he was obviously the Red Sox when they won a series. The Cubs theo Epstein won the World Series with them as well, And yeah, I thought that after their World Series, like a year after their World Series, I thought that he was he left or either was replaced or walked away from it. I can't remember. But I don't think he's the gym he said in the front office. He's doing something else, right.
Speaker 1: He's a senior advisor and part owner of Fenway Sports Group, which owns the Red Sox Liverpool FC.
Speaker 4: That's right, he's he's on the He Henry rehired him, but not to work with the Reds, to work with the company that owns the Red Sox.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I have no idea. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make any sense because if he's not good, well, basically it's it's really weird because what you're saying is give him the opt out. If he's not good, we'll have a better option to get him and we can get ready and get out earlier. If you're almost basically saying, you're hedging your bet like you wouldn't if you're gambling, they're staying. Well, if he plays crappy, everybody may want out because he doesn't feel good about it, and if he does come back, it'll be for a non expensive a less expensive price, or around the same.
Speaker 1: If he plays great. Here's what I don't get though.
Speaker 4: If he plays great, I want him locked up, meaning locked up on my team and into that contract, because the chances are, when a guy plays great, what's he gonna do test the free agent market.
Speaker 1: And opt out of it. I just don't get. Tell me the logic.
Speaker 4: I understand. If you give a guy an opt out after five years. It's a nine year deal and he's going to like thirty six at the end of it. And you're saying, oh, I hope he ops out. We don't want to pay him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Explain to me why I would do all this work to get a guy what? Because I want to kiss his ass and hopefully he'll play well enough that we win a World Series and any bolts on us.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 4: I don't understand I'm giving. All you're doing is giving him a bridge to walk out of the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And most people I know, they.
Speaker 4: When they get a chance to become free agents, well, they don't do hometown discounts.
Speaker 1: Not like, oh, you guys believe in me.
Speaker 4: Gave me the opt out, so I'm going to stay here and take less after I have an MVP type season. Now, whether Bregman will or not have that kind of season, who the hell knows. But I'm just baffled. I've never understood. And it's like in football, why would I give a guy I just paid two hundred million dollars to in one hundred and seventy five million guaranteed the ability to have a no trade class. Yeahs, because if he sucks in two years, I am hamstrung beyond belief. Yeah, look at look at the Browns. And then or at the end when I said, okay, I want to go, we want to We were drafting. You know, the guy's getting a little older and you want to trade him. You have to wait till you prove it, so he holds your team hostage. What in the world, so you really think a quarterback is going to turn down a fifty five million a year over five years? Did if all things? Oh, by the way, if I don't get the no trade clause, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: I'm out. No, he's not. But you let him. You let this player empowerment.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you what I think, and this goes to every general manager that's listening.
Speaker 1: I mean it sincerely.
Speaker 4: I think you may be a good guy, and you may be good at your job, but I think you're bozo the clown. If you let guys opt out, I think you're just an ass kissing idiot. I don't know what the advantage is. Hey, you're twenty seven. Let me give you an opt out after one year. You go hit three thirty and drive in one hundred and ten runs and win the MVP. Go ahead, let's let you know, thanks for the year and after all the long offseason. No listen, I like player empowerment.
Speaker 1: Guess what the league's going on without Alex Bregman and it's going on with him, And same thing. If all of a sudden Soto didn't get.
Speaker 4: His seven fifty and was still holding out for five hundred, guess what, we're still lining up, We're still playing and the team will win. You know what, Oh, we won one hundred games instead of we won ninety four games instead of one hundred without him, or ninety games stead of one hundred. Okay, over the course of time, you think, actually one player's worth forty seven wins during the year we give Now, we sometimes we don't give the players enough credit, and then there's sometimes we give them too much credit.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just baffling to me. There's no listen.
Speaker 4: If you told me I had to give a guy an opt out or I couldn't get the general minused job, I wouldn't take the job.
Speaker 1: It just makes no sense to me.
Speaker 4: Opt out, your opt out or your security and your belief is I'm telling you, I watch it for five years and it's all guaranteed.
Speaker 1: You don't get a no trade clause or opt out. It used to be when you sign, you can't go and if you didn't show up, you just didn't get paid. Now, oh man, I'm not coming in. I still want paid. And then they get mad and then they want an opt out, and then they'll hit two twenty and they want to, they want to. They wanted to four hundred guaranteed million dollars. No, I'm not just talking about break wan't talk about any of them. It's it's it's it's listen.
Speaker 4: Rare is the GM that still stands firm, kind of like pat Riley, you know, president of OSS. Sorry, dude, I'll give some player empowerment, but there comes a point in time. I'm still your subordinate and your boss, and here's how we do it here. If you can go get it somewhere else, you're not changing the league because to my knowledge, number twenty three doesn't play in the NBA right now. Okay, so it just opt outs. I think you're a bozo, the clown bonehead. If you give somebody, and I'll tell you right now, if if Dana Brown, who I love, gave a player let's say all of a sudden, Jordan Kane, he gave him a one year opt out in the gym. I'd come on here and say it's the dumbest business decision you've ever made. Yeah, since I know him, I wouldn't call them a clown, because I know he's not, but I would. I would interview him and say, most of us, including me, think it's a dumb decision to give a guy an opt that explain why, and I'll stand firm on that business.
Speaker 1: I hate opt outs.
Speaker 4: The best thing they do here, aside from win and do it with class, is not give opt out. They've never given. And if I'm Jim Crane, I stand firm and I'll go through an eighty win or seventy five win season before I'll give anybody an opt out. And that includes Jordan Alvarez when his next deal comes up. Yeah, okay, don't care. No, you're a better player. I'm paying you to stay here, not to let you be great and get out. No, that's not happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just not. Seven one, three, two, two, five, seven ninety is the number to join the Sean Salisbury Show. We got a lot of baseball to get into. Also some news and notes over the Houston Texans, and you got all kinds of drama and rumors in the NFL. Now that the off season is here. What's going on? Aaron Rodgers and a cup other players a lot to get into today? The aos continues to get better? Is it the Astros to take? Let's talk about it next.
Speaker 4: Hey, play Blitz scratch tickets from the Texas Lottery for a shot at a blitz of cash prizes with top prizes from five thousand dollars up to a million bucks.
Speaker 1: Bet'll get yours.
Speaker 4: Why you can plus enter to win the exciting vip iHeartRadio concert experiences at Texas Lottery dot com. The Texas Lottery supports Texas education and veterans and when Texans play the Texas Lottery, Texans win. So play today and it could be your lucky day the Texas Lottery dot com. It's Texas Lottery dot com. The Blitz is on at Texas Lottery dot com.
Speaker 1: Let the celebration start.
Speaker 2: Or Sean Salisbury on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: He doesn't quite understand clock time and down management in game management wasn't his strength, no, but he knows how to call xes no's and that's that's fine.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you guys meant that? Are we not? Are we not?
Speaker 4: Why didn't we lead with the number one country out them in the world?
Speaker 1: I mean the true country is Beyonce. Oh that's true. Yeah you guys. Are you guys not paying attention when you think country music on you think? You think Western Wednesday? You think who I think? Beyonce? Yeah? Beehive? True, very good point.
Speaker 4: That's called beehive or beehive, Triple the Beehive couldn't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, don't apologize. So let me ask you a question, Tripley. Do your buddies listen to Beyonce?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Hell no? Like, what about the females that you're friends with? Yeah, they do listen to her? Yes. Why do you think that is because it's good music? Or is it like women supporting women? That's what it is? So following the crowd? Yeah yeah, man, that's crazy, dude.
Speaker 4: I've never been I've never been known to be a follow the crowd guy. So you know, it's okay. If you like Yance, you like Yance. I was just wondered on Western Wednesday why that wasn't at the top of the playlist.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, does she try to weave it in there somewhere? Yeah, you know, I think you know what. We gotta pay respect to your queen. Is that what you said? Yeah? No, no, no, to the country queen is when I'm being the country queen. Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, man, I saw does she have a tour coming up? It's called what's it called. It's called it's called Cowboy Carter. It's called to the prices. The prices for her concert is damn near as close as Taylor Swift prices. I'm not spending on any concert. I know some people that have went to a Beyonce con. Dude, they're talking Sean, it's like twenty five hundred bucks for a ticket. Yep, kiss my ass. Well you bring led Zeppelin back. No, I know you're paying twenty five it's it's it's after all, I'm not paying twenty five hundred for Yonce though. No, I'm not doing it for Taylor Swift, not for Beyonce, it's not for John Mayer. I'm not doing it for a third of that price. No, hell no, so no thanks for Luke Colmbs.
Speaker 4: No, maybe Luke Skywalker maybe if he came back and talk talk Star Wars, it might do it for Luke Skywalker.
Speaker 1: You've never seen Star Wars. I know you haven't. I'm not even gonna go there. You're not.
Speaker 4: You're not going to put a damn for on everybody's day because you haven't seen a movie that everybody in the world's seen. But other than that, yeah, I was just curious. I mean, I was trying to throw love Beyonce's way. I don't listen to much of her music, but you know she's the country queen now, so we'll face her respects on a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tripley, weave that in there, please? We uh Beyonce somewhere? Yeah, like a cowboy car re cut? What about thy Myers and Ends of the Earth? Good cut? That's what I want next? All right, Triply It's called ty Myers. That's his name.
Speaker 4: His name is ty Myers, Ends of the Earth for the End of the Earth. You heard that on Come on so way ahead of you. When it comes to being the cup Master.
Speaker 1: Ty Myers sounds like a bull rider.
Speaker 4: It could be he might be that, he might be country singer, and then all of a sudden he might roll into uh tough Heatamen, you never know. You know what I'm saying, It could just like it could be tough heat him and singer.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Ty Myers bull rider Ti Myers never heard of him? He knew?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 1: Or he say it is he knew? Yeah? Did no?
Speaker 4: Tie Myers? Huh check that out, man. Yeah, I mean, I'm just introducing you to new cuts. Okay, new artists. But I wouldn't pay twenty five hundred dollars for his ticket either.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Like one of my favorite artists right now is Zach Top. I'm not paying twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, dude, He's worked hard to get on top. He's the top guy or bottom bitchhow top Zach Top?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: Gotta have some Zach Top today. You're no Hudson Westbrook either, dude. What's what station are you listening to? With all these guys, it's a a some of the new country artists. Yeah, I know, go one step to your left from fifty seven to fifty six Highway.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Highway. Yeah, you'll find some of the new artists there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what they say about the country Western You know what they say about life. Life is like a highway, like when it gets.
Speaker 1: Hard, screw it. I could know.
Speaker 4: I can say life is like a Richard ah when it gets hard blanket. Okay, yeah, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah right?
Speaker 1: See you like that? Uh where I was going. That's what I Sometimes you get a sag that just pops up, you know, yeah, literally pun intended. Yeah, well for some yeah for some yeah. Hey uh yeah. How you doing today? Man? Good man, I hate this this time of sports. You know what, here's what I would like you to do. Wake up with a better attitude. Oh I wake up. It's all about attitude and approach. Good words, the attitude. You got it, stedman from Rookie of the Year. You used to talk about the attitude Gary Busey.
Speaker 4: You gotta wake up and conquer your day. Stare it right the face, stare it down and just go attack it. Yeah that's how I mean, That's how I'd approached the non sports part of it. You know what, Brian, we'll create some sports you want to We're good, okay, maybe rugby time. It was almost time to start talking rugby soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like that. We love rugby.
Speaker 4: We got an endorsement with them again or well, if you text or email somebody, they'll let you know in about six weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, won season half over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll let They'll let you know, text them look for the answer and you'll get it in April. Pigeon mail, what do you mean, might as well? Yeah, i'd like the FedEx the pigeon overnight. But it'll see in May there I'd like to hope, so because uh, I love it, and you know, big rugby guys, there we go, Houston SaberCats. Man had a big year last week by Dallas I think was it by Dallas tough man, but heading to another good year. Well, don't worry about sports. We got a good hoop night last night, Kentucky, Tennessee. Yeah, I didn't even watch it.
Speaker 1: And you don't watch Big Monday or Super Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: I usually watched Big Monday. Yeah, last night I was watching entoge good some good stuff. Oh man, Thank I'm glad that's a new one. Thanks for that new series.
Speaker 1: It's one of the best. It's a great series. Nineteen ninety eight, Yeah, I like it. Yeah, nineteen seventy four so crazy to see some of the scenes, like literally from two thousand and five. You're like, damn, dude, that's how we used to dress. I haven't seen pivot in many movies lately.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's got a really really good podcast. He does that, and then I think he's a director now maybe, oh he's probably producing and director producing man, not directing, but sure, man, Jeremy. I love Jeremy Piven. He's really good man. He is seven one, three, two five, seven ninety is the number to join. We continue to roll along right here on SportsTalk seven niney Hey, let me tell you about doctor Jeff Witz. It speaking to Lasik. I care all that I did it, and he's my guy.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm so glad I did in the constant, you know, in the past of glasses and contacts.
Speaker 1: And where are they? Oh did I miss this case?
Speaker 4: I left this one at home and then it no longer exists because went in there saw doctor Witz and he was recommended to me when I moved to Houston, which was really cool and by a bunch of people because you ask, you know, you do your due diligence when it comes to your eyes.
Speaker 1: You wanted to be safe and you say, a Lasik in my eyes, what am I going.
Speaker 6: To do well?
Speaker 4: I found out just how simple it appears because he made it look easy and the results were off the charts. He's an expert with a million of these. It feels procedures any but he doesn't treat you like you're an assembly line. I guy, stampy and move you on to the next one. Because they got to do one hundred and fifty in the same day. How about somebody who actually cares follow up. It's non invasive, you won't be on the table long, and recovery's quick, and then you'll be seeing better than you have since a prime of your vision. At least I was go in and check it out. He'll he'll do you right. Doctor Witz is the best in the business. And work out your payment plan, find out what kind of special they got, and uh, you're good to go. But call him seven one three three six five nine seven ninety nine seven one three three six five ninety seven ninety nine. There is no better foremost doctor and Lasik procedure in my opinion, and nobody does it better.
Speaker 1: Witsitt Vision dot com. Witsitt Vision dot Com.
Speaker 5: The Sean Salisbury Show continues, That'll be your man, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Hey, former Red Sox Kenley Jansen, ken Lee Janssen headed to the Angels. Oh yeah, dude, the Angels have made some moves this off season. Angels win the division, might be sure, it might be a little tougher than we think. Oh, I told you right now. Well, I told you about two weeks ago. But if you if I was picking the division winner right today, the outfield situation, wondering about the pitching health, knowing what I'm gonna get out of you know, Hudter Brown and Fromber for the most part, I uh, I wouldn't pick him to win the division today. Although I hold out hope that they're still the best team in the division. I think the division gap has closed. This is who they added this offseason. You say, Kakuchi, Kyle Hendricks, Kenley Jansen, Jorge Hilaire, Travis da' arnault, Joan Mancata, Tim Anderson, JD Davis, Kevin Newman. I'm not saying they're going to go out and win the damn World Series or even get to the AOC. Yes, but with some of those.
Speaker 4: Kyle Hendricks has got game, Kendley Jansen has been a premier closer, he's a he is a He'll put you in some high stress situations, though, Yeah, trust me, I could tell you this from Boston Los Angeles and this city's seen it against them in the World Series.
Speaker 1: When he was in LA.
Speaker 4: He will go four or five closing moments in closing the games where he just lights out and then all of a sudden, you'll go through a gap where you're like, and I know what happens. All closes were like, dude, just drop back and throw fastball. You're up, you're up to just just throw a strike, yeah, and you know, just it's like it's maddening.
Speaker 1: You get that.
Speaker 4: Kimberl used to be a lot like that, where he was All Star and still is. I mean he's still you know last couple of years. If it wasn't an All Star two years ago, I mean, so Kimbrel. But when it was in Boston, dude, it was the angle. Remember the fifteen or sixteen any game I didn't miss a pitch that I'm sitting there. You keep adding a drink, your sitting on your couch. Is he came in, It's like, dude, you're so good. But the constant two strikes and then walk the next two. Yeah, now the go ahead runs standing at the plate, and it happens to be the three hitter, right like, oh, good, gracious so. But Kenley Jansen obviously upgrades back into their bullpen. Kyle Hendricks has had his moments as a frontline starter in baseball. They they did a good job, but until the Angels dominate on the mound, they will look good for a minute. If you can't win with Otani and Trout, the two at that time, in truth, the two best players in baseball on the same team, and they never sniffed a second round of a playoffs, let alone well until the Dodgers. Otani never sniffed the first round. Think about that, they had to go to Dodgers to play a playoff game, and yet pitching would always let them, or an injury to Trout or somebody, you know what I mean. So now if they can ever, they ought to spend more money pitching and hope that hitting can survive, not the other way around. Right, it looks as if they've taken this a little more serious, and if they're healthy, it stands that they'll be a little bit more competitive. I think people have come back to the pack more than the Angels have come to the front of it. But what happens is if you've getting better and nobody else, is that gap obviously is closed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you got the The A's actually spend a little bit of money this offseason as well. It's still gonna be top heavy, right, It'll be Astros, Rangers, Mariners, and the A's and Angels. But the Angels and A's should be more competitive. And what pitching staff stays healthy and holds up. Yeah, it's uh, it's gonna be interesting, man, just just looking at excuse me, looking at this division. The Rangers made some upgrades this offseason. Plus they got a couple guys that are coming back from injury. Jacob de Gram should be healthy. You got those young guys coming up for their pitching staff. So yeah, that's right. Yeah, Nils, we like to call him, Yeah, Nathaniel, not to be confusing that Nathaniel Low.
Speaker 4: I would expect, Yeah, I would expect or Lao. Yeah, yeah, who's it what Tampa he says?
Speaker 1: Last?
Speaker 4: Just somewhere else. Now we got a Loo and a Low. Right, I would expect Bruce Bochi's team to play better than they did last year. I think so closer to their World Series here than than last year. Yeah, if they stay healthy, they'll be. They'll be because they can mash. Yeah, you know they got boppers. Don't forget they got that guy, that kid, Kumar Rocker. I am lefty ace from Vandy right now, he's a righty. Oh who's the who's the lefty from vandya same same time?
Speaker 1: That's right Rockers. You had Jack Lighter, righty, Kumar Rocker. Those two were dogs at Vanderbilt.
Speaker 4: Who and Jack Lighter obviously his out lighter son, and he's really good. Who am I thinking that was a dominant lefty at Vanderbilt?
Speaker 1: Let me see, Uh, well they just drafted the Braves drafted their car. His name is Carter Holton. If he's the stud lefty, let me just let me just check them. You also have Devin Fatrell. It's not he was drafted as well. Maybe he didn't go to Vandy. I thought, let's see, Yeah, that Carl Holten is the big stud left they drafted this past year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I'm losing my mind on it might not even been vanderb but yeah, Rocker is a right hander exactly right, Who is it who's the Was it the Met?
Speaker 1: Who's who? Who's Vandy? Was it Vandy?
Speaker 4: Or is it Tennessee's left hander? Went to to who is the left hander that carved his own way? Was it the Mets? It's bugging me and I know I'm onto something. You know my memory would yeah, because Rocker is alrighty and Lighters alrighty? But his dad was he just drafted or has he been three? We were talking three years ago. It'll come to me, brother, don't no problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I know it will come to you because it's there's no doubt something.
Speaker 4: I'm just missing a name. But but adding him to the uh gives them he he he was lights out at Vanderbilt, Yeah, definitely. And Lighters got his dad's DNA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and really good. Those are two really good young prospects, no question for the and that they may count on more than just being a prospect, right, So yeah, I think so. All right, let's look at Fangrafts Baseball. They put out some power rankings. There's a two A excuse me, three AO West teams in the top ten. Who are they? That's next?
Speaker 5: Let the celebration start, war Sean Salisbury, It's a Sewan Salisbury show.
Speaker 8: Four.
Speaker 4: A couple of years ago, Vanderbilt, you know when they were had like five guys that were going to be drafted, right, Yeah, there you go, Crochet, And you and I at nauseam talked about him pre dead trade.
Speaker 1: Deadline last year. Yeah, I we sure did. And I was with your really good Red Sox, really good, and it's going to make a he's a that's a hell of a get by the Red Sox. Brad pointed out Garrett Crochet, Tennessee, thank you.
Speaker 4: The same state was thinking and it was just a little bit maybe you're maybe two before the Rod before that. Vanderbilt, Wow staff, you know, so there you go. And now every year Vanderbilt is you know, International time positions, crazy man.
Speaker 1: That CEC's good baseball man seven one three seven nineties the number to joint talking Astros baseball Clay, good morning born guys. Yeah, it's fear.
Speaker 6: I'm not a bit the fan. I couldn't tell you anything she's saying. If you played you know, one hundred songs that part never heard of them. But this country music, this country song she has is.
Speaker 1: Pretty dang good. Is it? What's it called? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just know it begins with this same Texas, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what the title of the song is.
Speaker 6: This what you should listen to. It's pretty. Actually spin that one. It's pretty.
Speaker 1: You know we're going to spin it. I think that's a good idea. We'll spend that thing, because if it's good, it's good. I like I like good music, regardless of where that you know what their genre is. Does that makes sense?
Speaker 6: There you go, Yeah, if you like if you like country music, Sean, I think you like this one. But my question is is that I wonder what you guys have the over under earther win total for the Astros. I don't know what the actual line is, but I'm guessing i'd say eighty six if I had to bet that, I think I bet the under.
Speaker 4: I was actually gonna say eighty seven games. So you and I are on the side. I don't even know what Vegas has. I'm gonna bet you Vegas has it in the middle between eighty five and eighty eight wins, and I think eighty eight would be on the high end, eighty four to eighty seven wins in that range. I haven't looked, but I'm with you play. I think it's mid eighties and mid eighties. I think eighties will keep you in the in the division, possibilities three or four games over.
Speaker 1: Five hundred Vegas. Clay has them at eighty seven and a half.
Speaker 4: I said eighty seven. I haven't seen it, so I would probably take the under right now today. But I don't think they get over ninety and I don't think they creep down to the lower rat I think it's anywhere between eighty four and eighty seven wins.
Speaker 1: I wrote up a blog piece yesterday. I appreciate the call, Clay. Thanks Clay. I did a little bit of an article yesterday and I had them projected it like eighty eighty nine, between eighty eight eighty nine. Think they'd have to be a little fortunate to get over there. That's eight games over five hundred or so. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think somewhere in the mid eighties puts you in the last few weeks battling for a division. The winner of the division. I think if you get the ninety then you've had a hell of a season.
Speaker 1: If you get to ninety, anybody in this division they win.
Speaker 4: Agreed, Yeah, agreed. I think eighty seven and a half is fair. Yeah, And that's why I would And that's when I said eighty seven. That's where my head was. I'd take the under on eighty seven and a half as we sit today, and who knows, all of a sudden they landed Bregman and then went out and got another outfield or something. I'd be like, and we we got word that the pictures that health was going like we wanted to, I would say, okay, maybe I may think about that one extra game and taking the over. Yeah, and then one extra game could happen. But if you said I am, I'm about as guarantee of bet. If it was set at eighty nine and a half or ninety, it'd be easy for me to take the under on that. But eighty seven still sits in my cross. I mean, that's about where it is for me. What do you think the Dodgers over under is. I'm going to say about ninety four and a half higher. That's I mean, they're they're roster says one hundred wins. I'm just saying, coming off a World Series win, even though they went out and got better, they added two lights out, one from Japan and getting Blakesnel that they've had, they've gotten better, which is crazy. I mean, if you're just sitting around with a fellows drinking a beery, so all, if they don't win one hundred wins, it's that there. We think it's an awful season, right, that's how we'd feel, because they are a hundred win team. I mean, hell, you think they win ninety by showing up? I I okay, how about ninety eight and a half up, ninety nine and a half more, one hundred and a half more, one hundred and two and a half. Vegas has them at one oh three and a half one to three point five. That's going into a season that has to be in modern era. Got to be maybe the Reds before, but that's got to be going into the season. Rarely does anybody set the over under a one hundred one three point five. I mean, but if you're if me and you were just hanging out drink, I would say they're going to win one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Five, right.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's no doubt that I would say one hundred wind season. Say that's what I'm saying. It's insane that I'll tell you because they're not setting that line at ninety seven because you know what everybody do. They bet the over and they destroy. They make a lot of money, so they're sitting at high to give you that. Well, yeah, the roster says they win one hundred and five games, hopefully there's no injuries. Yet they got like eight pitchers, there's seventh pitches are number three on most teams, or Tony Gonsolin is there like number seven and at one point he was like fifteen and one or something a season. So that's what I'm saying. They've got depth everything. But the guts of Vegas to go a buck three and a half is like, now they put you in a buying if they said ninety nine, like I said ninety four, thinking oh come on, I mean, Sean, you're way low. But in Vegas terms, you know, they want to make it. And the truth is, if it was ninety four and a half, you take the over all day long. But I'm thinking, you're coming off of victory, you win the World Series? Are you still as hungry all those things? It just begs for a down regular season and then they go and win the World Series. Who knows, but the top end, I would have said ninety eight and a half, ninety nine just because you don't settle line at a buck three and a half in one hundred and sixty two game season.
Speaker 1: That's some stuff. Now, the next closest team, there's no way there in one hundred behind nineties, it's ten games less. At ninety three and a half, it's the Yankees Embraves. That's that's where what I'd be talking about with the Dodgers. Would I said ninety four and a half that ninety three is where really really good dominant teams would sit and give or take five wins either way.
Speaker 4: And that's where the betting part comes in. I almost think that. And the Padres are pretty good. Let's see, the Giants are gonna you know, they'll be competitive. Padres eighty nine and a half. And they got them in second place in the division. Huh So they got them winning the division by about eighteen fifteen games.
Speaker 1: Giants seventy nine and a half. Let's look at the Arizona Diamondbacks. Diamondbacks eighty five and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, but it's a solid division, especially at the top. Yeah, is there a party that is tempted to take the under at one hundred and three and a half.
Speaker 1: Not at all no, because you got to think about just think about the depth I know of their pitching stat's I know, disgusting, dude, Literally, Tony Sean, Tony Gonsolin could miss out on being in the top of their rotation. Could you imagine taking the under at one hundred and three and you getting blown away and they won one hundred and ten yangs, which is a very real possibility. They're that good. They are that good.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, I took all what a no brainer, one hundred and three and a half. I'm taking the under. I'm winning that. And then the last week of the season comes in there to Buck eight and they got five games to go, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, I honestly think if they stay healthy, I really think that they will win one hundred and six hundred and seven, maybe a hundred and eight games.
Speaker 4: Now they're gonna lose their roster. The roster says they would one hundred and twenty. It's it's stupid. The truth is, it's all about health. Yeah, right, right, it's all if they're healthy. If they're healthy, they blink to one hundred wins.
Speaker 1: If they're healthy, they blink to a World Series appearance again. And then who knows what happens in a world series. But still, I mean, good god, man, see's right in the mid nineties and word one hundred what three and a half man, it's it's sick man. Seven one three, two, one two five. Seven ninety is the number to join. Pitchers and catchers. Reporting tomorrow for the Houston Astros. What's the number one storyline for these Stros? That's next?
Speaker 9: KBM E Houston, ADHD two Houston my heart radio station, the Astros, the Rockets, Rockets East Fall your home for your home teams.
Speaker 1: This is Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 3: Ninety Salisbury.
Speaker 1: Old by Houston. Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Sewn Salisbury.
Speaker 3: To usc true, longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 2: Ryan Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sean Salisbury Show.
Speaker 1: Last night he eclipsed thirty thousand points in his career. He's just the eighth player in the NBA in NBA history to accomplish that. Kellen Moore, your new head coach for the New Orleans Saints. Astro's pictures and Gadgers report. Excuse me, my goodness, Reporting tomorrow down to West Palm. Alex Bregman still a free agent, Still a free agent. No new reports, there's your Alex Bregman update.
Speaker 4: It's the solid, solid job journalism by you. Thank you, solid job a journal appreciate it. Hey, who do you see how deep you I didn't mean interrupt, Now how.
Speaker 1: Deep did you dive? I don't know about three foot pool? Three foot? Yeah? Or she really not supposed to dive because you want to break your neck? Yeah, you gotta be smart, right, Yeah, don't dive in. Yeah, you don't want to do that. Where do you think fan graphs has Okay, let me let me rephrase that. Who do you think fangrafs has winning the AL West? Fan graphs has winning the AL West? Who is the AO West winner according to fangrafts.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you right now who it is you googling? Yeah, no, I'm not the Seattle Close but no Astros? No, Well then it's got to be the Rangers. The Rangers.
Speaker 1: They got the Rangers of thirty three percent odds to win Mariner's thirty one Astros thirty They got the Astros percentage wise finish finishing in third place in the AO West. Well, do you think the Astros have gotten better this offseason? Got a little bit better? Really? Yeah? Okay, big upgrade at first.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm talking about when everybody's healthy, big upgrade at first. You actually think in your mind on paper. I'm not saying you're right or you're wrong. You actually think the Astros got better a little bit. Okay, you're assuming. Okay, Bregman's gone on.
Speaker 1: They lost.
Speaker 4: You didn't get better at third base, and you didn't get better. You got better at first base. You didn't get better in right field, No, you did not. Your outfield's weaker. How are we better pitching? Same pitching staff he had last year, but you got two guys coming back, three guys coming back win.
Speaker 1: That's the if. That's why I said just a little bit.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm saying, if, if, do you trust that they're going to be fully healthy when you wanted to be.
Speaker 1: In truth history last history? Yeah? Hell no, Okay, No, as we sit today, I got today a little bit better. And I'm just talking pitching. Okay, just because of the guy. I'm talking about, full roster roster.
Speaker 4: Okay, what team's better the team they started with in spring training last year or this team they're starting with a great tra last year. Okay, Oh yeah, so my I agree with you. And feeding off the confidence of pitching deep pitching staff. If full roster, they did not get better. You know how I feel about ifs. Yeah, they had no address to the outfield. No, Ben Gamble's your biggest outfield guy. Yeah, you got this office. I'm not saying you can't play, but that's your upgrade so far?
Speaker 1: Okay, so far? Yeah? All right? Now better at third base?
Speaker 4: No, you're hoping Paradus is better and you hope that his bat gives you more than Bregman did with some pop and stuff.
Speaker 1: You know you twenty six ons. You get my point.
Speaker 4: At first base, you are better, yes, unequivocally third base potential, But you're talking about a guy who was the second the MVP two thousand ie. The problem is recent history says that Bregman's bat has started to go south as opposed to north, as well as his ability to be patient at the plate was not the way it was last year. So as an overall team, I don't think they're better now. They could play better, they get healthy, the pitching goes and what of all of a sudden. Christian Walker's an MVP Canada the National League because he's got great line up around it. So that's my point, and I still think we're in a state of flex. We're hoping Jeremy Pinia takes to another level. You're hoping Paradus is a great get. You're hoping that that Cam Smith turns into a player in the minor leagues, and that Descenzo steps that some of the young players. There's a lot of if and hopes here with them. They line up last year. Was there any who was the unequivocal favorite to win the division last year?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So with that now it's like there's three teams you can win.
Speaker 4: So and even in national media and the prognosticator's eyes, which doesn't mean a hill beans that the Astros have taken a step back. Now if you say, Sean, what's it going to look like a year from now? Maybe saying awesome, Smith became a stud, Parades was a great get, and Christian Walker was our best get in the You know, if Christian Walker impacts this franchise like Joe Mixon did the Tech Texans, you know what I'm saying, Where you go get a guy that there was a weakness at the position that comes in and as a and takes care of his business and as a leader and does this thing, then then we're in good shape. But there's no way you can say. The hope is that the rosters better. But there's no way on paper you're going to the season saying the roster better. There's more ifs on the roster this year than there was last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think with what you look at pitching wise, and I'm just going to go through some names here. Raghetty full season last year, pitched really well down the stretch, had his lumps early in the season. Another year of Renel Blanco and hoping he repeats what he did. Excuse me, Hunter Brown, stud from Bervaldez stud well for the most part, unless he goes talk.
Speaker 4: Well, there'll be about four games this year where you're like, dude, again, who was his emotion? But yeah, when when you really look at it, dude, he's one of the better lefties in baseball. Oh yeah, there is no doubt. So there a skill set performance, there's your solid four. Then you have what's the Wesnsky kid going to provide? There's an if there, right, Okay, if he's what what they think he is. When is Louis Garcia going to come back. When is Lance mccullors junior going to come back? I think this is crazy. I think this is a crazy This might be a crazy thing to hear or to say.
Speaker 1: I think Lance mcullor's junior comes back before Louis Garcia And you would have never thought that six months ago. No, So what's he going to provide? And then when does Louis Garcia come back? Come back? What does JP France provide? He was just a bulldog for you on the mound. Think how many ifs you just put out there? Yeah, but if they're all healthy, dude, that's a and.
Speaker 4: Then you got to hold up the guys at the front stay healthy, right, Oh, there's no doubt. It's a lot of depth if everybody's doing their thing in one healthy And then the question is who is Lance mccullors. Is he a rder or are we at the stage of his career with what's gone on where you're just you're going to move him around as like a hybrid middle relief guy. I can throw him in the seventh, I can throw him in the fifth. He can give me three innings, he can he you know what to be who Christian Javier used to be remember long relief starts you sometimes I mean or as Lance, but colors just they're looking at him as one thing.
Speaker 1: Get fully healthy. You're our fourth.
Speaker 4: Star back in the rotation, right Yeah, And you know, I know Christian Javier things also a wild card wondering we're going to get out of him, because if he's ready to go at a certain point in the season, you get a monster talent. But we've seen the inconsistency there as well. When he's on and that elevated fastball in the movement up there and he think, I know I can hit this, and you never can different and he can locate that different, different ball game. He doesn't need three pitches, just two solid ones and he's good to go.
Speaker 1: So to go back to me saying they got a little bit better, just think about think about the first base position last no doubt, think about last year. How many times at Jose Bray you come up in a situation where you needed just to sack fly and it was a rollover double play. But think about how balls at first base. John Singleton, he had his ups and his downs. He's John hit forty hitter, a couple of bombs, here and there, But for the most part that was a black hole.
Speaker 4: He's a great he's a great spot starter, yes, and a good guy to have got a little bit better at first, you think about how you talk about it, Bray, you how many guys on this roster do we say runners left in scoring position?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happened. It was rampant.
Speaker 4: His first base was more accentuated and more pronounced because it was a weak position going in. But just as just as as good as you got at first base upgrade, you lost more in the outfit, the outfield, right field because you don't have you didn't like listen when you think about it, and Smith could be a superstar, but when you think about it, you give up one top. You know, say, well maybe we'll you know, let's get a guy who's automatically put it this way.
Speaker 1: No trade.
Speaker 4: Through that trade, they didn't find a starting right fielder in game one. No, they may have found it in game ten or game two hundred next the year after or later in the season.
Speaker 1: We didn't find him.
Speaker 4: So you weakened an outfield even more than it was, and you strengthen the first blase.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, you got a little bit better in certain positions, but you got worse without Kyle Tuck, far worse. Bregman's not going to be bad, far worse would go with veteran play. Yeah, you got certain areas that have gotten back there. Their bullpens should be pretty good, right, they're back in Brian and Bray, You and Josh Hader, I would assume, and I know you said the same thing a couple of days ago, Josh Hater is probably going to return to being lights out Josh Haden.
Speaker 4: I would expect better from him this year than we saw times last year, even though he had a bunch of saves. It's just that when when he was a blown savor he lost the game, it was in a big time right that it was in a spot where you're like, so three of those and you're like, oh, he had a bad year. He did have a bad year, but it tarnished some the good things he did. I would expect that that Josh Hater would give you a little more this year than he gave you last year. That you would that he would validate the trade even more this year than last year. But we gotta find out where he is, and health is going to be a big big issue for that you know that staff. Yeah, and you had Caleb b Ward pitched for this Strows last year. Brian King got good innings last year. Who else am I leaving out here? Brian King? Taylor Scott was really good for you last year. You know, Sean Duban got some good innings too. So those guys then, who knows what force Whilley is going to look like. I would assume, uh, he's going to get a lot of run in in spring training to try to break camp.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 4: So we Yeah, it's time we would say that for a decade. It feels like I hope it pays off. Really yeah, I hope. I wonder if he's I'll tell you what come in this ought to tell you how much confidence they are, what they think about his talent. This is the most patient anybody's ever eventually with a top flight pick.
Speaker 1: Other teams want to cut bait on him a long three years ago. Yeah, and it's like it's like okay, It's like, you know, they say.
Speaker 4: Go the extra mile because the extra miles where not a whole lot of people are They've done that in this organization. There is not Hopefully his performance and resilience matches that the Astros patience. If it does, you're actually going to get a good may see the potential finally come to fruition. It's just a lot later than you expected.
Speaker 1: There's two other names, uh, that you could see some good innings from on the mound. Bennett Susa. He was a guy that got a couple of years ago right at the deadline, uh, claiming him off waiver so that he couldn't pitch in the postseason. He was really good in his innings. And then aj blue Ball, one of the top prospects for the Astros. So what'd you call him? Blue balls? Blue Ball? Blue buy you, blue buy you?
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the steak out next. That's four stock seven to eighty.
Speaker 10: Hey, listen, Charles Barker, you guys called put on some way since my playing days. You shall see Sean Solisborough horoble. Now back to the Shan Solersborough Show. What a knuckle ahead?
Speaker 7: All right, Sean?
Speaker 2: What are you hearing out there now?
Speaker 5: The Salisbury steakouts, Salisbury teakout on the Sean Salisbury Show.
Speaker 1: Let's get it a steak out right here on the Sean Salisbury Show, Sean Brown and triple y seven one seven ninety is the number to join talking to Astros Baseball before I asked shawna question in regards to the TV broadcast in Major League Baseball. Let's talk to Brandon Brando. What's happening?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Brian. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good Man? What's happening?
Speaker 7: I was listening to number two guys on the in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: You talking about the A team, Adam and Adam Mm hmm, okay. You were listening to them and they were.
Speaker 7: Talking about the Astros yesterday.
Speaker 1: You know, me and Sean are talking about the Astros this morning.
Speaker 7: I I you guys do, yeah, yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: What they say about the Astros. It's in her that got you interested. What did they say?
Speaker 7: They said they're gonna probably are going to.
Speaker 1: Keep they did? They said that, Adam and Adams said that.
Speaker 7: Huh of them?
Speaker 6: I like.
Speaker 1: I like their optimism.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: I like their optimism. I tend to disagree that they're going to keep Bregman. I hope they're right and we're not. But I don't know if we're gonna if it's gonna happen. But I'd like I'd like him to be here. Hey, brand you get that new couch yet?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: How is it? You take a nap on it?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 7: Did it twice? And I took a nap on it.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: You removed the plastic bag it was delivered it before you took a nap on it. Sometimes I get so excited, like, let me just lay on this damn thing. I'm not taking this plastic off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good, couch crushed it all okay, thank god? All right, good good, mine's still on there. I love it. New couch. What color is it? Brando? Round? Nice? Okay? Good good? We liked. I like the earthy tones it is. Yeah, yeah neutral. You know you have a brown couch.
Speaker 4: Had you had a little uh a little green and orange accent pillows? You know, soften it you boom, it's just caustic.
Speaker 1: Oh that yeah? Tops at the barn dough. Yeah you like rustic Brandon? Yes, brand.
Speaker 4: On the same page. I'm going to have some chicken fetich to put my respect on Brando.
Speaker 1: There, Gordon Brandon. We appreciate called buddy. We talking to appreciate it. Okay.
Speaker 4: But so the eighteen has them uh keeping them keeping bregnant. Oh nice, I didn't hear. I'm too busy working on my golf game indoors. Okay, then I've said there practicing putting on my carpet.
Speaker 1: I got issues in your back. It was raining. It's not covered. Dude. Did you get get pounded yesterday by rain?
Speaker 8: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Why are you getting into my sexual life? Oh? Man? I said, I said by rain? Oh by rain?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh okay, I only heard pounded. And I'm like, dude, it's a rainy day.
Speaker 4: Normally when it's a rainy day, and maybe of course my head, Yeah, who didn't due?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did buy you behind you know, the green belt, the green belt. The water's creeping up big time, and it's supposed to be raining all day to day too.
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I, you know, send her polishing up my game and on the carpet in the front room, thinking, man, I gotta thinking about what what's my next Uh well, my next quarter zip's gonna be that.
Speaker 1: Stuck andy? What's up?
Speaker 8: And I know you guys know this, that's the most important call, y'all.
Speaker 6: Take you the hey man.
Speaker 1: We got to meet Brandon at Astros fan Fest and it was. It was awesome, lorand really was.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Love Brandon. He's always we always got a spot for him on the show.
Speaker 1: He's a good dude. I really like him. But thank you and yep, yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 6: Well look.
Speaker 8: Screw Bregman. Uh, they need to go get vertigo.
Speaker 1: Vertigo. We don't want vertigo. If you have your ballance gets screwed up. Jason Day had vertigo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your ballance gets all screwed up. Guy named Nick Asaski, former first baseman in baseball Red Sox, I think you play here. Nik had vertigo at the end of his career, Alex looking up Verdugo, Vertigo, whatever you want to call him. We want Verdugo not to have vertigo because he won't be able to be balanced at the plate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, But but the reason is, and it's just the opposite reason when they went and got a bright at first. I'm where you had had a couple of bad years. Verdego just had the one off year last year compared to what he did the three years before in Boston. So more than likely he's gonna he's gonna have a better year than he did last year. Prettyman left, but Dubon and right McCormick up the middle.
Speaker 1: And ship Jake Myers to the KBO. I don't care, Oh.
Speaker 8: Goscuse, you know, well, here's the deal. If Myers is your guy you bring in at eighth inning or one run game, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Jakes pet him in the Jake role, that's right.
Speaker 8: And uh, you know you you give me that lineup with Alvarez d H and I'll tell you if I think it's a better lineup than what we started with.
Speaker 3: Last year.
Speaker 1: For Duco, would be a good get. Andy me and Sean love that, no doubt about it. It got some attitude too, which I like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, damn, that was my next line. You guys are stealing me. That's exactly right. He's not the norm that you see here on a Nascars team. He is the guy that comes in here with that attitude. And I think that might be good in that clubhouse. And look, I don't know why no one's grabbed him up, because I guess you're trying to save a couple of bucks, waiting until very at the end. But I would not be surprised if today or tomorrow you don't see him signing and Breckman going somewhere else. Breckman can't come back here, you know why.
Speaker 4: Because it'll feel like he's it feel like he's too.
Speaker 8: That's why he's burnt bridges. He comes back here, his tail his tails are between his legs. And no, he ain't coming back. So bye bye, Alex, have a good day, try to try to learn how to walk and look at the plate again, and and look, I think it's ninety plus on the wins. Because they've had so much injury with that picture staff, they're due not to have to be that bad this year. That's why I think ninety plus wins that they'll they'll get ninety plus wins.
Speaker 1: Optimist, optimistic. But I like your style and and I think.
Speaker 8: Uh Verdigo. I think coming here, like you said, someone said, I don't know which one of y'all said it, but coming to this town is this team a whole lot easier than playing in New York.
Speaker 4: Out Man, Well, he's played in Boston and New York recently, which are too hardcore appreciated, Andy based, great stuff. And I'm concerned if Verti, if Vertigo cubs here, will anybody on the team get Vertigo?
Speaker 1: And I hope not.
Speaker 4: It could be contained. Your dad battled that for a little bit. Really, yeah, man, just out of nowhere. Yeah, that's weird him.
Speaker 1: Were in the grocery store one time and he just hit him and he started like falling towards the the damn bred eye on. I'm like, whoa, whoa, Bruce, what we got going on here? Man? And vertigo?
Speaker 4: What when you when you read about it, it's like man cabilitating Yeah yeah, yeah, and we did some things that helped him.
Speaker 1: Never dealt with it again.
Speaker 4: But mine, oh yeah, it goes away, dude, But supposedly when you I mean, I'm pretty do you look it up? Did Nikosaski have vertigo? Now, that'll tell you my memories out of I'm a wealth of complete useless knowledge. But I remember it because he was a really he was a solid player and got vertigo and it almost well, his career was never the same at the plate. He recovered from it, but not as a player. So Nikosaski suffered from it, and uh, and it happened when he was in Boston. I believe it was in Boston when he got it, because he was actually a solid player for them, and it didn't he recovered from but his career was never the same with the plate.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it kept him out of almost the entire nineteen ninety season.
Speaker 4: It was caused by an ear infection, which is which is one of the main clauses from Vertigo played with the Reds, the Red Sox and Braves. There you go, oh that he wasn't an Astro.
Speaker 1: Was he a minor league?
Speaker 4: Did he get drafted by the Astros or maybe I was thinking somebody else. Regardless though I was okay, So I knew when he was with the Reds, and I obviously knew that I knew him when he was a Red Sox, right, But that stuck out to me because he was the first one at that age when I was you know, when you're growing up at that age, I'm like, what's what you know? You didn't really know unless somebody had. You didn't know what Vertigo was. And then he's losing balance and you know, visions a little off at the plate, and if you don't have if you have vertigo as a baseball.
Speaker 1: Player, he didn't. He never covered again. He played great baseball. He missed. He only got to play in nine games in nineteen ninety. Then he missed the entire ninety one season. Then he was in the minor leagues for the Braves. He became a journeyman and then no, then he was released. But I'm saying he was. When I say journeyman, he was. He never recovered. He never played after that.
Speaker 4: He recovered for his life, but he never recovered to be a solid player again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a hitter. So that that that got in the way. Yeah, he's it was called that name out of my ass on seventeenth pick of the nineteen seventy eight Major League Baseball Draft.
Speaker 4: He's a really solid player in Boston, Nick, and then one day it's like, hey he's got Vertigo.
Speaker 1: He's out, and he's never his career was never the same with the plate. Wow, Nick ASASKI there you go. Yeah, I hope the Astros go get Vertigo, and uh maybe the Texans will have a better year for TJ.
Speaker 4: Strauss, you know what I mean. Listen, two really important names to remember him and Larryon Tunson. What do you think about Laron Tounson?
Speaker 1: He's but you are you?
Speaker 4: He's okay, You're a big You're a big vertigo guy. Huh Verdugo otherwise known as who you know, how many nicknames you're gonna hear? How many times you're gonna hear the nickname if he comes here.
Speaker 1: Alex Verdugo hits a ball in the right field back at the track. Oh my goodness, that's out of here. Doogie with a solo blast. There you go. Regular occurrence forty seven train is left Union station here at dyke In Park. What a great late get by the astro good spring train as.
Speaker 4: One of the great callers of the Seawan Salisbury Show calls it Vertigo.
Speaker 1: I know else is pretty damn good. Dale over at curt Pro you damned rights, you damned rights, Surda Pro painters sort of with a C A couple of things you need to know. Every sort of pro business is individually owned and operated. Curtopro dot com for a free estimate, I mean paint happy. It's about curt of Pro. I was a customer first. Still flabbergasted when I turn on a radio or a TV show and you know, somebody's not using a product and they're still selling it.
Speaker 4: How is that possible? I guess that's the way we do sometimes. But I can tell you this. They came into my home interror xterior and made it look better efficient Local Timely even helped you pick out the paint that you know, how it's gonna pop gloss, Matt, how it's gonna look against your furniture, against the other walls. I love surt of pro Dale was awesome and their team was fabulous in any you know, safety protocols ninja like in your home and they have this ability to have a small time feel but big time production and they got mine done right. Love sort of pro Thanks guys, Grateful to be a part of the team. Was a customer first, so make sure when somebody's talking about their product, you ask them do you use it?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 4: Sort of pro painters sort of what the Sea official painting partner of the Houston Astros as sort of pro painters, sort of pro that's painting happy, and.
Speaker 2: The Shawn Salisbury Show continued.
Speaker 4: That's that's who are you more attracted to? Ella Langley or Jimmy Garoppolo?
Speaker 1: You're lying? Why not who you're more attracted to? Ellen Langley? Or what's my guy? Uh, what's my Giant?
Speaker 4: Former Giants coach Gabe Capital manager Gabe Kapler Langley.
Speaker 1: That's a lie? What you just lied three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need you.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna detector test you. I think when it comes to Riley Green and Ella Langley, I think you probably lean to.
Speaker 1: That likes females debatable, there is no debate. O hell, oh my goodness. Yeah, all right for my stakeout question. Even though it was last segment, we had a couple of callers that called in. Hey, Ben, I saw you had no patience. Give us a call back, buddy. We'll answer your Astros question by the two of us. No patients, No Cleveland Guardians heard of them. The local blackouts are gone. You can stream Cleveland Guardian games for ninety nine ninety nine a season by going to Cleveland Guardians dot tv. So it's about damn time. Yeah, the blackout stuff. We've talked about that before. My question to you is, when you break it all down, it's I don't know about fifty cents sixty cents a game? Are you watching one hundred and sixty two games of Astros baseball? No, I would say I probably in truth.
Speaker 4: At some point, let's say five and a half innings or more, I would say, well, let let me let's put aside. Are you talking about us watching Cleveland local fans for their watch So I'm saying, like, just for local, I think hardcore baseball fans would watch their team on their some version of the game one hundred hundred and ten times.
Speaker 1: Do you think there are people Astros fans astros will keep it local that are watching one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 4: All of them nine innings of it or seven. I'm a small even the broadcasters who have a day off, you know, like maybe though somebody else fills in for them and they get a day off, they're not watching the eighth inning of a game. You're six to one, and if they're playing in Oakland at night, they're going to bed. So okay, no way. I just wore one hundred percent agree. I would say, let me even take it to out of town. I watch on the on my baseball package.
Speaker 1: One hundred.
Speaker 4: Red Sox games a year. I do I watch five innings. More So, listen, when they're playing on the West Coast and you're exhausted, we got to give it three thirty. We'd be like, oh, I watched nine innings in the game. Now if I'm up and can't sleep, and I'll put it on. Just get the games, and they do it astros games. I'd say that you and I, especially the conversations we have, I'd say we probably watch five innings or six innings or more of one hundred and a quarter of them. I would say, so, and there's so, there's there'll be a time like in Oakland the game starts at seven o'clock, nine o'clock that I won't see an inning, that I'll wake up early and I'll watch the highlights the next morning and rely on some of our fans and manage stayed up and says, hey, what happened to the seventh inning?
Speaker 9: We do that?
Speaker 1: And that's okay. It's the it's the guy who's full of about eight pounds of crape who.
Speaker 4: Says, oh, yeah, I grind it until midnight watching them in a seven to one game in the eighth. No, you didn't, okay, not even if you're broadcasting the damn stuff.
Speaker 1: You go, you go to the sheets. Okay. Now do I believe that at so?
Speaker 4: Do I believe that ash those fans watch some inning of one hundred and fifty or more games?
Speaker 1: I absolutely do. But for me, Buck thirty.
Speaker 4: I'll watch five innings and more of the Astros, and I'll watch over one hundred Red Sox games five innings or more. But I'm not watching a late night game on the West Coast when they're winning in the third inning by five or losing by five. If it's a great comeback, I can see it the next day. Now, I'll have them all on whatever ones I can. You'll tape them in case you say, oh my gosh, I gotta go back and watch. Everybody's going crazy over the double play that happened. Okay, go back and watch it. So it's a listen.
Speaker 1: We do football. I'm not even on Sunday night games that may be intriguing. I'll tape it and eventually watch it. But if it's a big do you watch four quarters of every Monday, Sunday and Monday in that game?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Right, and nor will you no. So it's there's a different ways that that's why you lean on good. If you have and I have, I haven't, you have a fan house, it's okay. It's the ones that say, oh, I'm one hundred, I watch every game eighty two Rockets games. Oh you don't, you'd lie sack of craft. I don't on this on this Cleveland Guardians game, if you're being honest.
Speaker 1: Yes, somebody posted ain't nobody watching one hundred and sixty two baseball games? And that comment got a bunch of quote tweets and a bunch of responses, and I saw a bunch of Astros fans getting in on it, and they were all like, yeah, I'm watching one hundred and sixty two Astros games. You're ass that's that's no, you're not optics.
Speaker 4: Now when you say you're watching hundred sixty two, did you start the game in the first inning and all of a sudden one of your friends call it, what what you're stopping going to dinner with your husband or wife? Yeah, dude, on a Friday night, On a Friday night, you're going to a stake, you're celebrating some Yeah, there's nobody on that thread that watched nine innings of one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you mean to tell me, not even the general manager of the Cleveland Guardians. So you mean to tell me that in June, July or August, when you got your family vacations or your vacation. Ye, night and you're you're in let's say a line, you're in Petsicola Beach. You're pulling it up on your phone to watch the Astros games at nine o'clock at night, when you're at a dinner, or you're on the beach, or you're on your deck on your beach out. No, you're lying.
Speaker 4: Anybody that calls anybody that calls in and says they watch nine innings of one hundred and sixty games a year. First, all I'd tell them is to get a life, and then I guarantee that I guarantee your divorce or you never got married.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Or secondly is then you need a hobby. Uh, it doesn't mean you no love it. Now I buy into. Somebody says, well, I turn it on shine on the first game, but we had to go to dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah I buy that. I'll buy that because if we're.
Speaker 4: Saying you watched a half inning or one inning, or seeing it while you're sitting in a restaurant having a stake and three innings of the game, Yeah, then I can tell you I'll go one hundred and fifty of them a year. They'll be there'll be a dozen or twenty that I just absolutely whether it's schedule getting up at three thirty did, I just don't watch, And in truth, when you got a ten game lead and you're in August and you're playing on the West Coast, the truth is for that game, I don't care, Okay, And you know what, It'd be the same about football. Listen, if I'm watching the Texans game and again they're beating Tennessee by thirty and it's the middle of the third quarter, I'll flip to another game. You know what I'm saying. I mean, who doesn't. You'll well, I don't need to flip to another game with the TVs. But you get my point. If somebody calls in here says they watch nine ings of one hundred and sixty two games, they're either board lying or have no life. Sorry to call you out, but that's just a fact. No, And it's optics, So no. Just the sheer schedule of baseball itself and where they play it in time zones and having a life, it's nearly impossible to watch nine innings of one hundred and sixty two games. Bad some of the broadcasters I've seen broadcasters, I'll tell it's to Mike Shannon Mike guy in Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: We'd go.
Speaker 4: And visiting me and Tim and a bunch of players. We go to the ball game, like when they come to Dodger stating we go. Mike would be doing it with you know, his broadcast partner. Mike would get up in the middle of the inning, walk to the back. We'd go out in the hallway and talk while the play by play guy at the end. Then for that and just doing the game by himself. They're getting some coffee, so they even missed the quarter of an inn here talk and then he'd go back when the inning was over and he'd do it and his partner had to go get cough.
Speaker 1: When you don't hear from that guy.
Speaker 4: Sometimes in broadcasts for an inning or a half inning, you know why, they're up diilldy doll in around two so they don't see a hundred They don't see every picture, of course, so think about that, and they're grinding every day on the travel with the fans. Stop it, are you the guy in Cleveland's exactly right? Yeah, it's an optics who say I watch I know you don't the own day.
Speaker 1: How are you watching a Wednesday game at one ten. Do you not work? They're not now.
Speaker 4: They may tape it and go back and watch it and fast forward slow innings or something. I'm talking about live baseball one hundred and sixty two games. I'll believe it the own the people in there. Hell, why do you think a manager gets ejected sometimes because he doesn't even want to watch one hundred and sixty two games against old team. That's exactly now. I don't need the optics, and I'm not you said I won't watch. I won't watch every play of seventeen games for the Texans. I'll miss a couple, or you'll miss a quarter of a blog saying they're up by thirty. It's the fourth quarter. I'm gonna go hit balls, okay. Or it's the same thing with basketball. You're not watching all eighty two. You just if physically, if you have any kind of life or job, you can't do it exactly, you just can't do it in one hundred and sixty two baseball games in the dead middle of summer on your vacation, when you're at the beach, you're telling me you're gonna go to a local bar and say, gotta find the Astros game for me because they're playing in Oakland and it's midnight and they're starting at eight eleven Carolina. Hey, and then you check your score in a seven to one and you want to put it online.
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, yeah, it's a flat out lie. Okay, you can try to get me. I love baseball probably more than ninety percent of the people. I want to watch one hundred and sixty two games, right, that's exactly why do you want to watch one hundred and sixty two games? You don't, No, you don't exactly, Like, come on, stop stop the cap because if.
Speaker 4: They're kicking ass, there's a game you can miss. Say, okay, they lose one, we're still like twelve games if they win. If somebody else beats me up by twelve, like, oh what a bummer, we'll be I.
Speaker 1: Could promise you this coming season, I am not staying up past ten o'clock, past nine o'clock to watch them beat down the Sacramento as. Come on, dog, be real here, No, you're not.
Speaker 4: If you need to see the extra part of it, there's things. There's YouTube, and they've got free highlight that's it's called I can tape it. Okay, yeah, DV hard that's right. Seven one three two two five, seven ninety. We'll get back to the phone lines next on sports Stock seven ninety.
Speaker 2: The Jean Salisbury Show continues.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five seven ninety is the number to join your listening to Sean Salisbury Show, Sean Brian Tripley talking Astros baseball. This morning, it's go out to the wizn't to talk to Bobby, Bobby, what's happening?
Speaker 11: Warnon Fellas was listening to that last segment, and y'all were half right and half wrong.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa, whoa? Hey, real quick, Bobby, before before we let you finish, I saw a guy on Twitter just now. We need to have a cease, cease and assist ready because his name on there is Kin Noseball and I only know Bob knows ball.
Speaker 11: Can you concur Well, I'm gonna have to check, but I'm going to highly doubt that Kin does no ball.
Speaker 1: Bob knows ball, does no ball? However he does.
Speaker 11: There are people that watch one hundred and sixty two games a year, but you are half right.
Speaker 1: Those people are losers.
Speaker 11: There's no way I'm getting on a Wednesday getaway game to watch Greg Kessinger bat forth, while twelve year minor leaguer Douchemcsuck is our emergency pitcher and we're losing six nothing in the third.
Speaker 1: Get a light, right.
Speaker 11: That's the point realizing that there's no such thing as bandwagon fans.
Speaker 1: There's just adults.
Speaker 11: I'm not watching the Rockets down by sixty and a year. They're losing twenty or winning twenty games. I'm not watching great passenger bat fits.
Speaker 1: I need to mow my yard.
Speaker 11: I have to go get roacheries. I have a life, I have things to do. Ladies and gentlemen, grow up.
Speaker 1: You are one per six. I could still argue.
Speaker 4: I can still argue there's very few, even under what he was saying, there is very few that maybe other than the ones who have to work the game, and you can listen, I would. I'm a bigger baseball fan than I am football fan, and I know you are as well. I mean may be opposite. You may be a bigger football fan the baseball fan. I'm a bigger baseball watchball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a bigger football watcher and I'm a baseball and I'm a bigger.
Speaker 4: Baseball watching football. And maybe that's because of you grew up doing. You teach it every day and the same with me, which is good. But I no matter what, the Red Sox or the Astros could win thirty in a row and if it's a late game, and just what he said, you'll have to tell me they won thirty one in a row.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So it's just that, right, it just it gets to a point.
Speaker 4: And I don't blame him for wanting to do it, but the real realistically, you can't watch one hundred and sixty two games, nine innings a day if you have any kind of life, right, any kind of life.
Speaker 1: Although it's really cool, So yeah, man, I watched them all.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 4: Your dork exactly hyperbolic, that's hyperbolic because even then, yeah, dude, I'd give anybody. Listen, somebody tells me they watch six innings of one hundred and sixty two games, they.
Speaker 1: Deserve an award.
Speaker 4: They got to get free zent take it the whole time, no doubt, put a meter on it if you could on everybody, and then come tell me if they really watch, because who doesn't like go to a bar to watch it, eat dinner.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, that's right.
Speaker 4: Then the Astros on five innings late, so you just life won't gets in the way of you watching a buck six do And I got news for you. As much as I love and am passionate about baseball, I.
Speaker 1: I have no interest in what.
Speaker 4: Because I'll end up hating baseball exactly. But but when you see, when you think the Astros and other games you watch, I'm watching the Dodgers play the Yankees a bate in a regular see you know, if they play in Atlanta, play Atlanta, play Philly. I'm going to watch the game as much as I can. Now between the Red Sox and Astros, I'm watching two hundred games and man, but not nine innings of all of them.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Another thing, if Jeff Bagwell is in the broadcast booth on the TV broadcast, I'm not watching it. He makes it hard to listen for me. I'm not watching it. Understand that I'm not doing it. Sorry, not doing it. He ruins it.
Speaker 4: And when people say they don't watch for the broadcaster, yes they do. But the other the opposite is true. You won't watch it if you don't like the broadcaster. Yeah, if he doesn't taste them and let or or you'll sound down it. You'll turn that sound down. I'll just telling you a good broadcaster. Listen, when you're listening to Vin Scully, he'll make a blowout sound like you have to watch right, It's like a good broadcast.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: The fall asleep Sunday in the middle afternoon in a tournament in June. That's not a major. You know you've done working in your yard in the morning. You'll fall asleep on.
Speaker 1: A golf broadcast because it's the gym nance gives us.
Speaker 4: But just as fast as a good broadcaster can keep you tuned in if you're wide awake, because he knows how to describe good shots or tiger woods on the golf course, you're staying awake as much you can when he's in his prime.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, there's things life gets in the way. And to be honest with you, I don't love sports enough to watch every game all season long. You can be an expert, or you can be really good at your job, or you can be really good at watching and loving it. Without there, you can read a lot, you can watch a lot, you can watch highlights or clips. I don't love sports enough to watch every game all day, all the time, of every team, all the time, local or somewhere else. I don't watch every single one of my USC games from first to fourth quarter, right, And I'm a die hard, you know how I'm about the Raiders. There's times the mill ssecond quarter that the're down twenty and said I'm done. Yeah, not done, because I like, oh, I'm never watching them against this. I'm bored today. I'd I'd rather go play golf on a Sunday than watch them get their ass handed to them twenty eight to three at halftime. Yeah, I'll find out from somebody else later on. So and if you all better break it down, then I'll say, all right, we'll play. Then I'll go back and try to find it. I'll tape it. But I think it's hyperbolic, and I think it's all optics. When you tell me you're watching very game all the time. You can be a fan and not.
Speaker 1: Watch them all yeah, yeah, saying you watch on hundred sixty the games, you're lying yep, or you don't have a whole no doubt either way, And that's not even disrespectful. It's a hard fact exactly. Let's get into the eight o'clock hour. Could there be a reunion on the way for the Houston Texans? Who is it? That's next?
Speaker 4: Let's get paid play Blitz scratch tickets from the Texas Lottery for a shot at a Blitzer cash prizes. Top prizes guys are five thousand to a million dollars five thousand to a million, So better get yours. Why you can, Plus you get to enter to win the exciting vip iHeartRadio concert experiences at Texas Lottery dot com.
Speaker 1: They're epic.
Speaker 4: The Texas Lottery supports Texas Education veterans, so they're making a difference. And when Texas played, Texans wins. So play today. It could be your lucky day. The Blitz is on at Texas Lottery dot com.
Speaker 2: Kb E Houston, k t V E HD two Houston, an iHeart radio station.
Speaker 1: Ye aw's a rocket.
Speaker 2: Is Sports Talk seven ninety your home for your home team.
Speaker 1: Salisbury Houston. Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Sean Salisbury, The.
Speaker 3: To USC Truth, longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 2: Ryan Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sean Salisbury Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's I have to go. I'll have to go get on social media and check it out. The Cleveland Guardians from their official account posted out that local black the team account correct, oh got it? Okay, local blackouts are gone. Well then and they they offered up their their package. Excuse me. And then a guy pause quote tweeted, yes, package, bad bad pause Sorry, that's no diddy. A guy quote tweeted and said, one hundred and sixty two games minus let's say about ten that are going to air exclusively on a national platform. One hundred and fifty two games for ninety nine ninety nine, which is sixty six cents per game. I get people don't want eighty streaming services, but that's pretty reasonable if you ask me, well, guy a dollar games, I mean, of course you'll do that. Excuse me. A Browns fan responded and said, ain't nobody watching one hundred and fifty two baseball games? Fan famh That tweet got a eight hundred and two thousand views, And there's a bunch of quote tweets, a bunch of responses, and I saw some Astros fans getting in on the conversation. That's how I saw it.
Speaker 4: Well, I have to check it out, but I think it's you may have good intentions, but you're not watching nine innings of one hundred and sixty two games. Whoever, whether you're in Cleveland, Boston, or somewhere else. I don't believe that just the time clock allows you to. I just don't believe it.
Speaker 1: I also think about, you know, let's let's just say that you're a season ticket holder for whatever sport, are you actually gonna go? Let's let's say you have eighty one no tickets, no games.
Speaker 4: I've been a season ticket holder to the Padres. I've been I mean basketball to the Mavericks. I'm not to the to where I have them. Yeah, you don't go to forty one games. No, you're not gonna go to eighty one.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I do?
Speaker 4: Give them to charity or so somebody is all your money back. But I also would try to give them to somebody who doesn't get an opportunity to go when it came to you know, the pot, you go, take your kids go. But it's just virtually possible to get the eighty one of them. Yeah, I mean, I guess you can. But that goes back to you're watching there's sometimes you have tickets. You say, man, I want to go to this game and then it's four o'clock and five o'clock and you're like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just gonna watch it at home.
Speaker 4: And then you watch four or five innings and it's a blowout and you turn it off. What I'm saying is a hunt in sixty two watching nine innings. You may turn on the game one hundred and sixty two times. And I mean, I like the idea of man, I watch everyone. No, it's I don't know how you can. I just don't know how you can. So your whole life is scheduled for seven months, eight months around a nine o'clock, nine to thirty start on the on the central from the from the A's game, and four guys are taking a night off.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you're just not. It's just like I said, good intentions.
Speaker 4: You may watch one hundred and fifty of them, but there's gonna be a dozen of them, and listen what Cleveland's doing, of course, and I'll pay for the whole package. I pay for the MLB package, but I'm not watching one hundred and sixty two of any of them combined. I am, but I think I think it's more hyperbolic. I don't think people tune in for seven plus innings of one hundred and sixty two games. If you do in your local, call us and tell us how you do it, because you should bottle it up and sell it. If you don't, that's okay to go on there. And I'm gonna go on there and read some of the comments. Cleveland Indian stuff. Yeah, it's even Guardians, but that's a that's a big commitment. You can love baseball and not watch Buck sixty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a Dodgers fan that posted his MLB dot tv streaming stats and even him he only stream Oh I say only, he streamed one hundred and forty two of the Dodgers game.
Speaker 4: So there, Dodger, there you go. That's not one hundred and sixty two. I'll say this. Take a picture. Or a hitter who's on the AISL doesn't travel with the team. You think they're watching every game. No, there are times when their teams playing on the West coast East go. They may watch party, they're going out to dinner with the buddy, they're rehabbing at the gym.
Speaker 1: They're there.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when you're out of it, you don't want to watch it because the temptation of it grinds on you. It'll either hurry you back or it'll frustrate you. They're they're not even watching. Yeah, I'll just use justin Berlin. You think he watched nine innings of every game when he wasn't pitching, No, and when he didn't make the trip.
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't even here. He was doing his rehabit for Florida.
Speaker 4: But even then he's not turning out and watch it, right, So it's just I think it. I don't know, Like I said, i'd even question if Joe Buck was on that threads oh I watched ninety and one hundred and sixty games, I'd say, Joe, you're my guy. I know that's BS right because I know to you and your wife really well, you guys like to travel to hobble cobble and play golf and it's not But you know what Joe wouldn't do. He wouldn't tell you right as a non if he's not broadcasting, he's watching one hundred and sixty two of them all. It just I don't want to hate sports. I want to love of thema, so I don't I can't, like I said, if it was my own family.
Speaker 1: I'd say, come on, now, do fans get burnt out or are they just that gung ho on? I get burned out?
Speaker 4: I do too when the football If the football season had regular season games again this weekday.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, yeah, yesterday, do you really get burnt out on it?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get burnt out on baseball. And I've been coaching. This is my fourteenth year.
Speaker 4: Now I couldn't. I wouldn't. I would if I had to. I have zero desire. If football was like right now, thinking Sean, you're gonna watch the whole Bowl if it was played around the East West Shrine game, the answer is absolutely not. I'll let somebody else watch the college game. Like I said, I get sober now football, I don't watch the combine. I'll watch clips of when Xavier Worthy's pumping out a four to two, or you see what Zach Wilson did, or.
Speaker 1: Doing that off schedule.
Speaker 4: I don't need to see a guy drop back five and throw a curl route to twelve yards in a pair of shorts and T shirt. Doesn't do anything for me. Now you tell me they're playing one on one of they got gear on, and I want to see how fast. A guy runs with run the forty in football gear. Now I'm intrigued. A standing broad jump within shorts and a T shirt or vertical He does nothing for me. So it's just and maybe it does for someone because it's a made for TV and everybody has choosed their right and how they feel inside. I don't need eighty one games of basketball, even if my team's the best team in the NBA.
Speaker 1: I'm just during showtime.
Speaker 4: I grew up twenty minutes from the fabulous Forum, going to school there, and if we got to fifteen games a year, that was a lot of games. As a football I got studying in school and the rest of it. And that was when the Lakers were at their very best ever. And to see the show held the show before the game and during the game and in the bar at the Forum was just as impressive as a game because of all the slave You know, you're in college's celebrity field, right whoo, even then you didn't want to could good and make forty one of the damn things at home. So no, doctor Buss didn't even watch eighty one games at home. Okay, so stop it.
Speaker 1: Not buying it.
Speaker 4: So one hundred and sixty two games unless you're the broadcaster that's broadcasting one hundred and sixty two, and you have to be even then you're getting up to go to the restroom in a half inning, you ain't. You're not as a fan nine innings. God bless miss Carrol. She as much as she loved, she couldn't have watched one hundred and sixty two just on schedule and tired and being up and stuff and the grind. And she's as big a baseball fan as we ever had on here IP and listening to the broadcast on the radio as she did. You know, she's blind and getting a feel and she's as passionate as you'll ever find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we all.
Speaker 4: Faced the a game or two when you say not tonight, son, Yeah, okay, not tonight. Yeah, that's okay, it is.
Speaker 1: It's quite free. That's that's my point.
Speaker 4: I'm a little more concerned about the one sixty two guy that I have the one thirty five guy.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, like, are you okay?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Can I Can I go buy some dinner and get away from this first? I just feel like I'm going to go back to when I don't even like previous relationships that I've been in. There were times where the girls that I have dated, they're like, dude, we're not watching Astros tonight. I said, Okay, yeah, you're right, let's do it. We're not watching it right and it or it's like when I used to play I used to play PS five, I used to play Call Duty all the time. There were times where they would be like, hey, get off the game, close it down, man. Yeah, So like I it is kind of if you're married, are is your wife or your husband massive Astros?
Speaker 4: I've seen plenty of women that got more love more than their husband, Like how does that dynamic work? But even at times our callers here Bonnie Joe, Yeah, I mean we get Shena, we get Lisa. They watching that. They may they may starting with good intentions, right, but they got a kid that needs to go to so you gotta you got it a husband. It's like I'm going to be home late, or you're gonna be home late. We'll get it ready, let's go to dinner. Yeah, well they ask game on you. You'll three innings and then you got to drive home, so you miss two. I get the intention. No, uh uh, And if you do, come on and hang out with me. But I'll I'll give you some new hobbies to take on, and perfectly. You know how fanatical I'm about golf, clothing and golf. Right, There'll be times it's a perfect day and I'm dressed in here and I'm like, I get good intentions, and on the drive home, be like, you know what, I don't feel like I just want to go, right, I just want to hang out an eighty degree day within and then and you'll say not today, and then then inevitably two hours later, I'm thinking I should have, but you just don't. So yeah, and you can't. You can't be more fanatical and online and want to go to the PGA. I want to go to PGA superstore, like I want to eat meals. I mean, if there was ever a guy who who should be talking on behalf of PGA to our superstars made because I sleep on the roof. Okay that being said, Even then, golf at times like I love it, but I ain't playing thirty six a day, seven days a week, three hundred days a year. I don't love it that much? Right, and I love it? Yeah, you ain't watching one hundred and sixty two and nine innings. If you are, then then we need to check your pull. We need we need to chat man seven one, three, two two five. Seven ninety is the number to join as we continue on right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Aqueduct Plumbing locally on family, own and operated, Friendly, honest, transparent. When a contractor comes out to do some repairs, are remodeling for you at your home, you need to trust them. You need to have some transparency so there's no hidden charges. That's what Aqueduct Plumbing provides. They also provide free estimates, no hidden charges that are other companies tack on. And they will provide services for whatever you need in your home, whether it's large or small, foster repairs, drainage issues, tankless water heaters, tunnel jobs, or whole house reepipe. And they even do commercial and residential new construction. They have leaked detection remodels and sewer jobs. That whole house repiping. They are the Houston expert when it comes to completing this job. They've completed thousands of them. The PEX piping they installed with that whole house repiping is not going to bust in a freeze. That means you have peace of mind that your most valuable asset, which is your home, will not be without water or subject to very costly restoration resulting from leaks. Aqueduct Plumbing Company dot Com is the website two eight one four eight eight six two three eight. Again they are the experts here in the city of Houston. You can trust them their family owned, family operated. Everything you need is right there at Aqueduct Plumbing Aqueduct Plumbing Company dot com.
Speaker 2: The Shawn Salisbury Show continues.
Speaker 1: Now know.
Speaker 4: You guys ready for a reunion, a reunion of sorts or just a real reunion.
Speaker 1: Real reunion of sorts, and let me hear it. Reportedly, DeAndre Hopkins could be a yeah target for the Texans this offseason.
Speaker 4: Why would you want to leave that Kansas City thing right now is to come back or just because to come back, or because you know you got unfinished business here. They're offering you the most money, the you know the chiefs don't want you. Why why would would you? He's talking about how much he loves the way Kansas City. You know he loves being in Kansas City. Why would you not want to be a part of that great to get him here? But he just added depth to it, right. I don't know why you would want him. Honestly, I love DeAndre Hopkins. I was pissed when they rather I'd rather have Deebo Samuel at this stage.
Speaker 1: So apparently there was some kind of social media post on Tuesday that alluded to him retiring, and then he said yesterday, don't quote. Don't know what you heard, but I'm not done yet. End quote. I don't think he's done either.
Speaker 4: We've got football left in him man, not as a number one, but he can help the team, there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know who who got this information, but excuse me? Uh I hard passed man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't think it's gonna happen. I mean, like I said, there's there's other guys you'd want. Just depends on that the price is right.
Speaker 1: Like the show. Yeah, the price, Yeah, exactly. There you go. Let's see he's in his where is he at in his contract? And he signed a well yeah, what was this deal? When they got him? He signed a two year, twenty six million dollar contract with the Titans, and then he was traded to the Chiefs one year left on the deal. No, it's void. The avoided it, So he's an unrestricted free agent.
Speaker 4: When did they avoid it when the season ended? Just now in the last couple of days per spot track, Oh there you go. Okay, Well, then that means that he's a free agent to do what he wants. So I guess what he's not going back to. I mean I expect I expect that. I guess he could if they want him back at the right price. But so that was voided what just a few days after, like right after Super Bowl. I guess see, you can't even watch you can't even watch all the news for twenty weeks in football either. So yeah, it'd be great, and I think sentimentally people would love to have him back here. But your team will be better with Deebo Samuel or Stefan Diggs or Cooper Cup.
Speaker 1: They're just better at this stage of their career. I just think the obvious would be Stefan Diggs just because of the money and what's in that contract. You don't want to go seventeen million sixteen almost seventeen million of dead caps dead cap, So.
Speaker 4: It seems logical he's put himself in a good position because if they don't, then he gets to go be a free agent. Test of the question is after an injury, will his market be what he thought it was going to be when the season started because he was having a good year and he was going to get paid more. Hopkins can help, but Deebo Samuels in the prime of his career, and we know Cooper Cups got a lot of football left as well. So, like I said, give me two of them instead just one.
Speaker 1: I'm in. Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 4: I like greedy offensive coordinators and staffs and go score scored a lot of points.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Nick Kaylee's going to speak to the media for the first time tomorrow nice as the offensive coordinator of the Houston Texas interested to hear what Nick Cassario has to say about him to be ko Ryans. And then of course Nick Kelee himself his vision and what he expects. And obviously the big thing for that offense is the offensive line. Like there's no doubt that's what has to be fixed first. That's got to be the big need. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, If it isn't, then they're not watching the same football you and I are watching.
Speaker 1: You think they're watching European football, maybe foot the ball. I think they are. I think you're watching a little rugby Australian rules. Funny bollocks, the bollocks.
Speaker 4: You think they call it footy. There's footy, I know, but then you think that's what they call it regularly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me one again. It's ball. So I tell you, I think that's mixing the you get in South Africa, Australia and Brandy and brans me. Can you based Fedway Park talking there too? But at their way pack? Yeah you park the car. Yeah you've never been what you've never been a Fenway? That really cuts me deep. I'm gonna I'm gonna get you a gift. I'm sending you to Fenway as a gift that we're going to the cactus flagging. What the cactus flagging? Right?
Speaker 4: You go put that in your Google, in your GPS. Cactus flag it flagging And there is no bar called the cactus flagon.
Speaker 1: Just I just want to let you know that.
Speaker 4: M Yeah, let's see cask and flagging that that that exists, but not the casket flagging. Casking flagging doesn't. Cactice flagging, No, that doesn't exist. They got some cactus flags on sale on Amazon.
Speaker 1: That's what comes up. Yeah, check that out. I got to send you. I got to send you a signing bonus. You probably have that in the in your backyard already.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, so when we get you know, a new contract. Yeah, I'm gonna send you a signing were telling if we're going to fend with thank you, can you put me up on the on the green monster.
Speaker 1: Those seats? Have you sat in those? Yeah?
Speaker 7: You have?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pretty cool? The best seat in sports? Is it? Yeah? Damn it's it? Did we mean the historic part of it?
Speaker 4: First row sitting there and you have the thing you can stand up and lean against the wall behind you. See, if you get in, you're not anybody's way because you're leaning there's they're they're up doing it. So oh yeah, it's I think it's the best seat in sports. I took my middle boy there as a father son trip we do with all different kids, and him and I went to Fenway and it was We had a freaking absolute blast and we sat right there. Fortunate because at the time Frank Cono's buddy of mine and Larry Lacino, who's the president of the organization, passed away, but as the president of the organization time he came from the Padre so I'd known him there and he gave us four different games. We were behind home plate for one above the first base dugout for others sitting in the the next level above right below the press box, and another one and then like down the first base or third baseline of the fourth or the fourth one. We were a day game at Sunway on top of the monster in the first row. I was like, this is living my son. My son thought it was the greatest gig in the world.
Speaker 1: Right, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those seats sitting on a monster. It's worth worth going. I think, Yeah, I gotta treat you. You have it's you have to go.
Speaker 1: You we talked about it earlier. Excuse me, dayto of five hundreds coming this weekend. It's Sunday there there. It's all my bucket list as well. Awesome. I heard it. I heard it that both spectacles that you must go. I've heard both of them.
Speaker 4: Even if you're not an open wheel or stock car racer. If you if you don't like them, it's just the the experiences through the roof and when you watch how when you're down there, if like you're down on the pit's doing. I was fortunately the NY five. I was in Buddy Lazier's pitch because I'm telling you, when you take that peek around and they come around turn four and they're going about two hundred and twenty miles an hour, and they missed that turn by an inch, and it's constant. It's like, don't blink when you're coming around turn four. It's it's crazy. Yeah, you get on TV. It's one thing. I just want to hear your perspective. Man, you'll need No, you're gonna people know you or put the the are you in? Because it is a it is unbelievable. Both of them, it's both of them are great. So yeah, I would I would suggest you put that on your bucket list as well, and make sure don't don't don't say I'll do it ten years from now, do it, schedule it, spend money on it.
Speaker 6: And go do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll make sure on Friday to have your Daytona five hundred field. See how it shakes out. Qualifying coming up. Who's sitting in the poll? Do we know you? No, they got to do the qualifying all week, but we do we have are they qualifying that? I mean they got qualifying Wednesday they should be qualifying.
Speaker 4: Yes, did they start qualifying already? Though I thought it started a little earlier. Somebody's got to be sitting in the poll as we speak, in the right. Uh, let's see today. Okay, it starts today, all right, So I have better idea. Who's got the fastest car going in and sitting in the hole? Shot possibilities? Right, Brad Keselowski. Maybe yeah, Kez Kezzie Kez and the kez Is got love Brad Keselowski.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got to go, man, I know I've heard it's it's I've heard that's saying. Man, it was insane.
Speaker 4: Plus you're in Daytona, Florida, Dude, like a year. Come on, it's it's not I mean, it's it's it's impressive. They've they've upgraded the building when I went to rickety. But you like that, right, It's it's old school and you think about old people race with no doubt. Yeah, man, yep, awesome, seven seven ninety. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Dak Prescott thinks the Cowboys are how close to a Super Bowl championship? That's next?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 4: Sort of pro painters sort of with a see sort of pro dot com for your free estimate Dale and his team or fantastic. You're not gonna feel like it's too big for you. They don't know who you are. They're just trying to paint it out. That's not the case. They've done my interior xterior. It's expensive running your business, owning a business, owning a home. Why wouldn't you want the presentation to be spectacular? Protect it and that great investment with the quality painting from sert Ofpropainter sort ofpro dot com for that free estimate, Each and every sort of pro businesses individually owned and operated, which makes me happy because there's a tension to detail in boutique style work that provides big results. And they did it my home and they will for yours.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 4: It's sort of pro. It's sort of what the see. You know who they are, and they're timely, and they're local. And one little key thing is when they're helping you pick out it. We all think we know what we're doing in di why you may very well know, but they also help you pick out the paint to make sure it's done exactly right and matches what you want. And if it's not done right, they'll be back. But I didn't have to have them come back because they did it right. They'll do it right for you too. It's sort of pro painters, the very best in the business. Grateful to be a customer before a family member because then I knew and boy do I know there is no better sortapro dot com for the free estimate, sort of pro painters, sort of pro painters. That's painting happy.
Speaker 5: The Seawan Salisbury show continued. Remember that kind of Jentler me, No, I knew it. I'm tell no, I knew it was coming. Yeah, there was one thing that was said, and I was like, oh, yeah, they shouldn't have said that. Yeah, yeah, dog, don't don't don't don't pin that because I'll you know, all I'm saying is Dak Prescott still our Gordon. Did you hear what he said?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They got their closest super Bowl?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Really, did you hear close to the Super Bowl? We got the audio TRIBLEI is it good to go? No, okay, he's a proof proof reading it if you will, just making sure no bomb or anything in the background. Yeah. He was at some event Children's Cancer Fund yesterday.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Troy Haigman also had some things to say. It's just so funny to me. Man, Like, the Dallas Cowboys are nowhere near a super Bowl. Their ownership and GM does nothing to help that team.
Speaker 4: Well, look what they've created. They're delusional about everything they do. They're delusional about wins and losses. They're delusive about what they do in the off season. They're delusional about how close they are to So you don't get close to a super Bowl and you fire your coach close to a super Bowl and your biggest get last year was the running back. Okay, the drafted before and Ezekiel Elliott came back. Yeah, okay, it was about as productive at running back as me and you were. The fan base has a pretty good idea that the Cowboys are delusional themselves in the media. They know they do some good things, but if you talk about all we're close, Yeah, you're close. You're four players away from being four players away. So the savior's delusional. For somebody who's listened, I love Dak Prescott, but the quarterback has to say that deep down when he's sitting at home, he said, this guy's good, this guy's good.
Speaker 1: No, you're not your now hey.
Speaker 4: In the NFL, you can go from last to first in a hurry in your division because of the way that the draft is and free if you're willing to spend money.
Speaker 1: But let's save it. They're nowhere near the top five power ranking.
Speaker 2: No, and.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're any better today than they were. Listen, I like Brian Schottenheimer. They're no better today with Brian Schottenheimer than they were with Mike McCarthy. So now, if this is any I'm anxious to see what they do this offseason because if they don't do something more than they did last offseason, Dak Prescott's wrong. They're even further from a super Bowl than you think. Yeah, here's Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: He was asked, how do you feel being stacked up against the Philadelphia Eagles. This is his response.
Speaker 12: I mean, I feel like we Coulpete with the Eagles and beat him for the most part when we played them.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 12: Say check the record when the other guy's holding the trophy right now.
Speaker 1: So credit to them. They've learned and they deserved it by all means. But yeah, very close.
Speaker 12: Especially you even watched the NFC game, the NFC Championship and those two teams, teams that that we battle against each and each and every year a couple of times, and as I said, feel confident about we've gotten a better part each and every time. To see them just stay in a such a dominating fashion.
Speaker 1: Credit to them. It's our turn in us on all right, it's our turn and it's on us. I get you're the quarterback and you got to say something along those lines, but you can't get up.
Speaker 4: There and say we're very close. You're not very close. It's only their turn if they earn it. Secondly, the Cowboys haven't been in an NFC championship game since the mid nineties.
Speaker 1: Ninety four.
Speaker 4: Number three is you talk about those teams were close? I do believe it was Washington in the NFC game, and I do believe it was Philadelphia. It was both in your division, your division, and the last time, matter of fact, the Giants got closer two years ago, then you've been since nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So as much as I'd love it for our guy Jack Prescott to go and have some fun and win the NFC, i'd love it if the end, if the argument got deeper here, who's the better team?
Speaker 1: The Texans in the a A FC or the Cowvis in the FC.
Speaker 4: It makes for great banter and good hatfields in McCoy's argument, but the Cowboys are no closer today than the Well, the Washington Commanders are closer, the Green Bay Packers are closer, the Minnesota Vikings are closer, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have proven they're closer. So as much as I understand the quarterback, you're the leader, you got to say it. But when he says it's our it's our turn, it's your turn if you earn it. Just like I always say, oh, we deserve to be in it, No, you actually don't. You deserve to be in it when you actually beat the teams that are in it and you get to be the ones that are doing radio row the week of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Other than that, you're just like the rest of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're somewhere caught in between watching it's it creates delusion, and there it is a delusional franchise that the fans and the media there, even though they love their cavities, they know that they're sitting on delusion and it just is you know.
Speaker 1: And I saw some comments on this clip where oh he's a quarterback. He has to say that. No, he really doesn't. He doesn't have to use those words. We're very close, No, you're not. You can say you compete with the Eagles, you can say you battle against the Commanders. But let's be real here, you're not very close. You don't. You didn't have to say that.
Speaker 4: You know what's a better way to say it. Listen, they got a Ring and the Washington Commanders in our division. We're in the NFC Championship Game. We'd like to think we're close, but we got a lot of work to do to beat those two teams. You can approach it humble and confidence, where it's like instead of being delusional. I think he's pretty humble guy. I do at Prescotty. He's a humble, impressive guy. But you don't have to It's it's almost to say, listen, let's be real here. We got moves we gotta make. I gotta play better. I gotta get healthy. Yeah, take right, I gotta get healthy. We got to play better. I got to elevate because that's why I get paid the money I get paid that you guys all talk about. I got to earn it, and we've got to do stuff this offseason. Put it back in Jerry's lap. We got a draft, well, and the guy's got to come back an off season. We include committed to make it great because right now we are chasing two better teams in the division than us.
Speaker 1: Do I think we can compete? Damn right?
Speaker 4: But right now all it is is talk because if I said we're ready for a Super Bowl, then I am delusional because we haven't even sniffed an NFC championship game. And we got to get better. Now that's real, that's real. What is it real is telling me, well, I believe we belong there. Well, then you've been saying that since the organization has been saying that since nineteen ninety four, and they're still stuck on des Bryant's he supposed catch against the Packers near the end zone. He didn't get it. So you're not close, all right, And they've put up some good season. Hell, the guy too, you a year ago after was the second in the MVP voting. They're close to being close, but there's still players away from being players away. Like I said, four players away from your four players away and an owner that gets out of the way unless Brian shot, and I are coach, You're never close. When the guy gets fired that was there before, you doesn't get if he retired and you took over different ball game. Yeah, he got fired, which is telling you that we basically didn't redo his contract or he didn't like the money they offered. When there's change like that, the Cowboys are the Cowboys right now are a middle of the road team, and a middle of the road team barely gets you in the playoffs, and this year they weren't even that. No, that ain't close, but you can. He is true if you say, if you said we can flip this, we can turn it around and hurry. And we got to to catch up to the two in front of us, because Washington's quarterback ain't getting any worse and the Philadelphia Eagles aren't getting any worse either, and they're wearing the ring right.
Speaker 1: Not very close. Delusional Aaron Rodgers reportedly was told that he can no longer do certain interviews if you wanted to stay with the team. More drama for the Jets. That's next.
Speaker 4: Hey played Blitz scratch tickets from the Texas Lottery for a shout out a Blitzer Cash prizes with top prizes from five thousand dollars up to a million bucks. Better get yours Why you can plus enter to win the exciting vip iHeartRadio concert experiences at Texas Lottery dot com. The Texas Lottery supports Texas education and veterans. When you play Texas Lottery the Texas Lottery dot Com Texaslottery dot com, you got a chance Texans win. So play today. When Texans play, Texans win, So play today. It could be your lucky day. The blitz is on at Texaslottery dot com. That's Texas Lottery dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh, also check this out. I should have warned you if Sewan only cares about cold hard facts.
Speaker 5: Back to the Sean Salisbury show on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Did you guys, by chance hear about some of the things that the Jets reportedly told Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, I did not know. My goodness, Seawn, did you buy chance see any of it? Nope? All right. Diana Russini, I'm listening, okay. Diana Russini, senior NFL insider for The Athletic. She was on the podcast with Chase Daniel from NFL Quarterback and she said, quote, you're not going to do This is what the Jets told Pat, or excuse me, this is what the Jets told Aaron Rodgers quote, You're not going to do Pat McAfee interviews anymore. They had a whole conversation with him of if you were to stay here, here is how we would want it. So this, to me is Aaron Glenn getting control back end quote. They also told him that he had to show up for training camp. He couldn't miss OTA's volunteery stuff. He had to be at all of it. But one of the things that they specifically mentioned is, hey, man, you can't go on Pat McAfee show anymore.
Speaker 4: I don't have a problem veteran or not. You're telling him he's got to be at training camp. Yeah, then OTAs I like that. And if he doesn't want to do that, then he's not a sacred cow. He's like everybody else. Once the training camp starts, we're all on the same page. We're trying to win. And if the supposed leader of your team is not showing up because he's got something else to do and wants to show up late, then he's no longer a leader of my team. Unless his wife's having a baby or his girl. You know what I'm saying, there's a health issue with somebody. If you're under contract and training camp starts, you don't get to spend three days coming late because of your past career. You'd become just a guy in the league. Right now, I can name ten quarterbacks. People are taking more and I like Aaron Rodgers. But I'm not saying Aaron argued with that.
Speaker 5: But what.
Speaker 1: If CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud had target started talking and saying I can come to camp a weekly just because I'm c J. Strout, which he wouldn't do, I wouldn't think, But if he did, he would lose a lot of football respect from not only a lot from me and you. I would say, well, no, wonder if he's not performing, he doesn't want to show up the camp. He just kind of decides some lollygag and show up at camp and he wants I don't think you'd do that. Point is if Aaron Rodgers wants to show up a week late to camp because he's got some cav sitting in with his headset on and in the darkness, No, you arrange that a week before camp when camp starts, your here or you're fined simple no sacred cows. I'd put the same rule on show. Hey, Otani, I'd put the same rule on Aaron Rodgers, I'd put it on Brady, I'd put it on Mahomes. You show up if you're a day late because your wife delivered.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: There's real life things that are more important than you showing up to training camp on the first day. We got to pee in a cup, all right, But the other side of it is those things. I have no problem OTAs. You should be there. Hell, when I was playing, it was voluntary mandatory. Yeah, it's voluntary, but we'd love you to be here. And you know what that meant in the off season program, be there or we're going to give somebody else a chance. And well, you're not allowed to do that. As CBA will they do it all the time. Okay, the guy that shows up gets more looked than the guy who doesn't. Unless you're unless you're been in the league and your dan fouts for fifteen years, you go in Hall of Fame even but he still needs to show up on time. That's just the way I look at it now. Telling me who I can and can't do an interview with now we're trapesing into some other uncharted territories, which it's yeah, you can kiss my ass exactly now, if I'm embarrassing the organization, or meaning if you're Aaron Rodgers and it's the embarrassment and you're bashing and you're doing stuff that doesn't isn't conducive to the culture of the building, you could have conversations with him and say, could you approach this a little different. We'd love it because they don't want conduct detrimental not saying he does on the Pat McAfee show, but you're trying to guard against it, and you're trying to control the situation. But you don't get to tell me that I can't talk to you in an interview. I'm a grown ass man.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: If it's when within the structure of the team, would I do who I care to interview with on a Wednesday one practice is over.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: If you told me I can't interview with him, take twenty minutes off our meeting time and in the middle of it leave on it. They don't do it because it's what I think. They do it on a Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Tuesday it's day off, so it's not like you're leaving any if if you had to leave a function to go do an interview, now I got a problem with it.
Speaker 1: Right, So they're both.
Speaker 4: But if those are two, If showing up on time is something you can't live by as a player, then you're not for me. Now, if you're an organization, you're telling Patrick Mahomes who he can and can't talk to, then if I'm Mahomes, I'd have a problem with it. If by Aaron Rodgers, that would bug me. The bottom line, this was a disastrous relationship and it did not work from the get go. Injuries and performance all the way around with the Jets. Man like they was it was it?
Speaker 1: Pat was it? Aaron Rodgers said, there's too many leaks. I can't remember some one of the players said that the Jets have way too many leaks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean people talking talking, Well, they all they all have somebody they talked to for inside information that did Hey, just make sure you don't tell them who said it right, and then sources right.
Speaker 1: And then I want to say, Diana Russini defended the Jets ain't oh no, they don't, blah blah blah. But here she is leaking more drama. She has a somebody inside of that Jets organization goes right to Diana Russini with everything and she leaks it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you right now she has she gets information from them. Yeah, there's a couple of organizations that I can tell you. She gets information from k so that she has connection. We all have had them. She has connections. So there are things that they all tell Diana raciin whether you like or not, just this to tell that she knows that. Maybe even Aaron Rodgers doesn't know. I'm just telling you that's what they do. How do you think the guys like Schefter and and those guys get.
Speaker 1: He got big because of his relationship with Michael Strahan when he was with the Giants. Apparently reportedly straight hand was the leak information to JA.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any doubt about it. And and Glazier is great relationship with players. Who better to get it from than a player who's playing on the go into the meeting room. So they all have their sources. And I don't know a team in the league that's protected that that doesn't have a source that hey, you know it's my sources. Just don't don't tell them where you got it. Protect your source and they'll give you all the information you need if you you know, the insider knows more about it than the players do because they're getting back room stuff.
Speaker 1: They may not report all.
Speaker 4: The backroom stuff they're getting, but they get it some of them and they hope that when the person reports it that they reported it in their favor.
Speaker 1: That's just the way it works.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: You think Woj got all these because he was just because he was a nice guy.
Speaker 4: No, they went and got him because he don't built relationships, and then they they trusted him because he didn't sell the source out. Hence, when he knows more about who's drafting somebody than the guy sitting in.
Speaker 1: The draft room, yeah, then you know something. Something's up. Something's up, no doubt. There were two former Major League baseball players that were getting after each other on Bourbon Street just two days ago. Who was it and what in the hell is going on between these two big leaguers. Let's talk about it next.
Speaker 9: KD Houston ADHD two Houston and Hard Radio station.
Speaker 2: And the Rocket Sports Talk seven ninety your home for your home jeens.
Speaker 1: This is Altha and Shingur and right now you're shotting in one thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: Just entered this nationwide keyword at Sports seven ninety dot com.
Speaker 2: Money m O n e Y money. Enter it now at Sports seven ninety dot com. Houston.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Sewn Salisbury.
Speaker 3: To usc True's longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 2: Ryan Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sean Salisbury Show.
Speaker 1: Shawn Salisbury, Brian Alma, Manuel Elmore, Rockets hosting the Suns tonight seven thirty the tip off six point thirty launch batter right here on seven on your home for Rockets basketball. Kevin Durant reaching thirty thousand points, just the eighth player in NBA history to do that. Kellen Moore is your is the new head coach in New Orleans Pitchers catchers reporting tomorrow for the Astros Super Bowl Sunday. Just a couple of days ago over in New Orleans, well, there was a little bit of an issue between two former Major League baseball players. Can you guess who they are? You know, of all the many baseball players in the history of sports, I'd probably say maybe and Pat Mahomes Sr. I just tried those two. Seemed like that would be that, that'd be the one. Patrick Mahomes Senior, Former uh MLB star John Rocker almost got into a brawl on Bourbon Street. They came face to face. Rocker threw a drink at him. Obviously, if you remember John Rocker tripley, do you know who John Rocker is?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 1: John Rocker was an electric closer for the Braves for a long time, big time attitude he had, was known to drop a couple f bombs in in uh with the media. Also, I want to say, gotten hot water for using some slurs at some point in his career, fans used to throw viagra at him because, uh it was reported that he was using that as an enhancer to pitch. Yeah, he but he was.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 1: He was nasty on the mound.
Speaker 12: He was.
Speaker 1: He threw hard, polarizing. I guess you could say apparently he got into the truth and.
Speaker 4: I love Hothead was a hot hit. He ran hot, He ran hot and saw read regularly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So John Rocker, he just got himself on Twitter, like I don't know, a month or two ago he got into it with Patrick Mahomes Senior. Well, come to find out, it's all for nothing. It's fake. Really saw some fake news. Huh yeah, apparently it's uh that exists. Well yeah shock. Uh so the the uh, the video is legit. It's actually yeah, it was planned. Yeah, it was. They get paid to do it. They had to write. Apparently it's for it's for Rough and Rowdy. It is the boxing event that uh what's it called that Barstool Sports puts on. Oh yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: I know what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave Portnoy said that, Uh, I believe, quote, I believe we have a signed agreement for Patrick Mahomes Senior to fight John Rocker at Rough and Rowdy. Hm, there you go, oh okay, yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 4: It's like when I Notre Dame, I thought, I don't know if they still do it with all the you know, the Karen's out there being met. When I took a recruiting trip, they used to have the Bengal the the boxing they call them the Bengal Bounce.
Speaker 1: But on campus.
Speaker 4: Huh they'd have one of the great boxing on campus box every year boxing tournament. Yeah, I'm talking about it was epic and they'd talk about it on a recruiting trip. So barstools taking that over and done a great thing. And not that not the one from Notre Dame, but similar, And that's exactly right. That's what's it called rough and routing. Yeah, there you go. Yeah, and port O Portnoy they've pushed that and they get a lot of traction from it. Stuff. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But yeah, well if they're going to do that, it makes for a makes for a good band. I saw I didn't see the video.
Speaker 4: I saw Mahomes standing outside like he's I mean, Mahomes is standing like in the on the street by the sidewalk, and you see Rocker coming out, but.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it. Yeah, I thought it so it looks legit until Rocker half ass throws his drink at Patrick Mahomes Senior. Yeah, a little over. He just kind of no, no underboard. It was lame. He just kinda so I'm like a yeah instead of you know, and you know John Rocker in his history, like if he's gonna throw a drink at somebody, he's not gonna throw it at the ground and let it roll into the dude's feet before Like when you see the video, you're watching and you're like Damn, these dudes are pissed. What what did rockers say to get Patrick Mahomes Senior fired up? But it's just for rough and rowdy. There you go. Good. You never watched a rough and rowdy event.
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 1: I've watched clips of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I seen big cat fight in it before early on, like Hamur early early.
Speaker 1: So what they do now is like basically it's like anybody can do it. You just gotta get yeah, pretty much. And then they probably put a prize on it and you can bet it and say they do it in like the most they they'll do it in like Morgantown. Oh yeah, why wouldn't you. And they have like the most backwoods redneck white trash dudes come out of nowhere from po dunk, West Virginia to fight each other and they get after it. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: But it's the same thing they do if they're out in the country fighting after drinking beer on the on the on the you know, on the on their tailgate of their truck and they get pissed off.
Speaker 1: Or of course we'll have little people fight in box. That's okay, it's us to tangle if you want to do women all right, and it's very what as long as a woman's fighting a woman fighting a man my room? Yeah, true, very very good point. My roommate I used to order them. Watch them. They're very very intereresting.
Speaker 4: How they are, and they make they print money off it, and they get great peep they do. They talk about they've built something really special out of the box, thinking they have some smart people there.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: They just do and they throw stuff against the wall at times and a lot of it stick.
Speaker 7: So good on them.
Speaker 4: They've built a a fun powerhouse and those are cool. So I have seen the clips of it. It's pretty cool. Good for them.
Speaker 1: They.
Speaker 4: I like seeing people successful regardless I do if they you know, somebody came up with an idea. I'm sure when they first started this from Portnoy and they got together and they you know, you know the history, but when they first started this is like can this work?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 4: It can work if you've done right and got a good group of people that get after it and aren't afraid of.
Speaker 1: Having somebody questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that that may you got to toe the if you have not been suspended, slapped on the hand, told not to do it, all those things and said you can't.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't do that. We can't do that.
Speaker 4: You'll never you'll never achieve that. That's too far out of the realm. That's too out of the box thinking. If you're not willing to do all that, this profession probably not for you.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 4: And they've built something really cool at Barstool. And you know Gruden, Gruden's having the time of his life during and stuff. Man, he's energy, he's having it. Well, he's perfect for it. He's sixty years old going on twenty five, and he's perfect for it. He's got the attitude of you and I just whatever, but I love it and it's perfect for them. Brilliant another brilliant hire by that he's hilarious. Oh yeah, there's no question. So good on them, man, good on them. And maybe a you know, it may be a for some arstill may not be their flavor if you're too old school. But if you read between the lines, some of it's just antagic. They do a good job of And there's Casey Smith who's a friend from Texan. She does a great job. They do a great job with men and women of implementing giving people shots. Yeah, you know, another thing that I like about them. It may not be for everybody, it's for me. I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rough and rowdy events are way more entertaining than any Jake Paul boxing match.
Speaker 4: Tell you that because they're actually fighting, yeah or Logan Paul. Yeah, it's actually real fighting. So good on them, man, that's awesome. But well, they got the pub they wanted from. I would imagine there's a couple of million.
Speaker 7: I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I saw that go up, I was like, oh damn. My first my first reaction was what the hell did John Rocker say to Patrick Mahomes Sr. Like what what did they honestly get into?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Something right? Yeah only three pete you got her d dubs?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, see oh that hurts. Hey, Hey, yeah, don't say that. That's that cuts a little too deep. But they you know, but it was good, good good pr on the okie doke.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was definitely an okie dock. I was like, oh, hell yeah, John Rocker got himself back on Twitter and all of a sudden he's about to try to fight Patrick Mahomes Senior. That's crazy and it's all for nothing. That sucks, man, Hey, I'll probably watch that, though, I gonna like that. Would I want to take John Rocker on that one? I think that's probably a fair choice. How big is John? Have you ever met John Rocker?
Speaker 4: Not in person? No, I think John's gotta be what six three? He gotta be right, six to three, he's sinewy, gotta be what two twenty five, six four two thirty somewhere there.
Speaker 1: Like he's still still in pretty good ship. Yeah, and plus four. There you go.
Speaker 4: I say, I said six four two thirty. He's six four to two ten right now. Okay, so he's a little spelty. Yeah, some say spelt, some say spelty.
Speaker 1: He actually played, Uh he played at six four two twenty five.
Speaker 4: There you go, buddy, Yes, I'm that guy at the carnival. You can guess you're hide and wait. Yeah, dude, I just can't guess when somebody died. Yeah, hey, it was recent. It was nineteen seventy four, sean, oh my bad, and eighteen eighty.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You look at his career, dude, God, he was nashy on the round when he first broke in.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who had a similar attitude from the right hand side, who had kind of the same approach. And when he first brought I was at the game when he took over. The closer's role for the Red was Jonathan Papa Bonha. Remember when a similar attitude approach.
Speaker 1: He follows me on Twitter.
Speaker 4: Papa, Yeah, I love it. So with Papavan, who was the same. I remember it was in there the starting closure from the year before. It was still banged up. Papavan came in with Bengo Banngo Bongo two of the three games, never lost super the role was his rescue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was. It was impressive and but a similar attitude.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: What he did, well, that's right, seeing Red and those guys. A matter of fact, I need Dibbs, as you know, he's our guy, Rob Dibble. If a closer is normal, I'm a little worried now. Marioto Rivera is about the most normal guy, very laid back, low key. He was so frigging good. He didn't need to have attitude. His attitude was that cutter that broke every bath. The pitch oh yeah yeah, but yeah the pitch cut the cutter.
Speaker 6: Yah.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But most closers talk about built different. They're they're they're they're they're a bit wacko. And I mean that affectionately. And I kind of want my I want my closer to kind of have offensive line coach mentality.
Speaker 1: I do nut job.
Speaker 4: Completely one hundred completely special teams coach guy.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a complete nut job strength conditioning coach. Nut job.
Speaker 4: Yes, lock the doors, Tom's the pansit and put a dead bolt on and make us have to spot your nine hundred pounds squad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I'm looking at the putter thinking he's both his knees are going to blow up against the wall.
Speaker 4: We're listening to headbanging music at that at every decimal level, he's got his pay.
Speaker 1: I said, I got to get out of here. And Ron starks a Sean grab the other end. You don't want to argue with him, Okay, yeah, you need that mentality.
Speaker 4: Yes, Eddie, the knees taped or goes wrapped and ready to go. I'm looking to Ron. I think I said it from now on, I'm not coming in here at lunch. Yeah, you can have zoopanzic all to yourself. That's craziness, man.
Speaker 1: MLB Network has ranked their top one hundred players coming into the twenty twenty five season. Where do the Astros players rank on this list? We'll go through it next. Right here on Sportstock seven ninety Aqueduct plumbing locally owned, family owned and operated. Friendly, honest, transparent, no hidden charges. They provide free estimates, So anything and everything you need done, give them a shot. They're going to come out and they will estimate it for you, and they will give all the transparency that you need to feel comfortable when it comes to getting some work done on your home. All jobs large or small, foster repairs, drainage issues, tankless water heaters, tunnel jobs, whole house repiping, leaked detection, remodel, sewer jobs, even commercial and residential new construction, that whole house repiping. When it comes to aqueduct plumbing, this is a big job and they tackle it like no one else. They are the expert right here in the city of Houston. They've completed thousands of thousands of these jobs. And when they install that new piping, it's gonna be PEX piping. It will not bust in a freeze. And that means you have peace of mind that your most valuable asset, which is your home, will not be without water or subject to very costly restoration resulting from leaks two eight one four eight eight six two three eight. Aqueduct Plumbing Coompany dot Com is the website again that phone number two eight one four eight eight six two three eight the best in the city, in the city. So anything you need done at your home when it comes to plumbing, Aqueduct Plumbing Company is where you need to go. So for all your plumbing needs, Aqueduct Plumbing Company is at your disposal.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to turn this matter over to Sean. Oh no.
Speaker 2: More Sean Salisbury on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Hey, no hard It's all right, it's not bad moving. I think it'll do a pitch. It's not bad a pinch. I don't have to win Country Album of the Year. But you know, bad But who's But who's keeping score? You know a lot of people. That's the bay Hive. You know they sure are.
Speaker 4: Don't you forget about the bay Hive? Were they gonna do take your scholarship? You like that saying huh I do yeah? Are they taking it? There's a Bayhive cable of taking Brian lan Lee a scholarship.
Speaker 1: Nonts they can't.
Speaker 4: They can't. But it's such a timeless phrase it will forever be timeless. I mean, like, for instance, you turn on the TV. Arby's is offering a surf and turf. What would you say a surfing turf? You get this like a fish sandwich and a with some Horsey sauce from Arby's. It's probably as fresh as.
Speaker 1: It's I love Arby's, like I love y roast beef, but I ain't getting surfing turf from Arby's.
Speaker 4: I don't mean batchelism. But then again, who's counting on frozen fish on my show?
Speaker 1: I get it. I'm not saying Army's anybody.
Speaker 4: I'm not a big pull it out of the freezer frozen fish, thaw it out and put it on my sandwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, if you tell me I get a fresh, fresh sanwich, like when you go, like if you go somewhere the Caribbean or to Florida and California, they make it a fresh fish and chips in ocean side where my dad gripped. I'm all in, yeah, but it's called a surfing turf.
Speaker 1: So your natural ability was so say, hey man, you like the surfa turf and Armies, you'd say nuts exactly serve these nuts, right, I mean it's timeless. No, dude, I'm not getting it. Yes, and it forever will be. I mean you cannot. We will never get old, No, it won't. You know what it does.
Speaker 4: It's like once you get like in the restaurant business, our business, Hey, past the seven year itch. Yeah you made it past seven years, you're in. I mean if you no pun intended with the itch and these nuts, you know, but when you get to like, it's timeless now, yeah, it's sustained greatness by well forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sustained greatness. It will forever be as well, like it's never going away. Freaking love it said the Mayhive could not bad of my my Beyonce. I think that's the first time speaking of like the Bay Yeah, this first time I've heard it. Yeah, speaking of of the Bayhive. You know, we always talk about the Bayhive and the Swifties. Do you see what the Swifties did to c J. Gardner Johnson. No, that they can so. CJ. Gardner Johnson during the Super Bowl, Uh, put a pretty good lick on Travis Kelce. Travis Kelsey got up into CJ. Gardner Johnson's face.
Speaker 2: But c J.
Speaker 1: Gardner Johnson had his arms behind his back and didn't buy into the answer, which is not normally his style.
Speaker 4: Normally he's an instigator, right, he is the Kelsey of the Philadelphia Eagle.
Speaker 1: So he didn't he didn't get into it. Well, then he got the picture and it's a badass picture. It's from behind c J. Gardner Johnson and you can see Travis Kelsey trying to get in his face and he's just standing there with his arms behind his back. So many poss nobody got a good shot of that. Huh Yeah, I love it. C J. Gardner Johnson posted on his Instagram saying, like you should have stuck with the thickness talking about his X.
Speaker 4: Mean, his next girl was thicker than oh yeah, is beautiful. Yeah and she's his sister, right, yeah, she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. So of course the swifties got into action and they went and they started leaving like hundreds and hundreds of bad reviews on CJ. Gardner Johnson's mom's restaurant in Florida. Gosh, that's harsh, and.
Speaker 4: You know those reviews can crush the restaurant. Yeah, they took his scholarship. Boy, dude, they literally took the small stars. It isn't funny what turns into friendly game banter? What turns into friendly game banter here, like Berri's his mom's restaurant. I mean, they literally took a scholarship.
Speaker 1: Boy. Here's the picture, here's what he posted. Should have stayed with that thick oh man, pretty dope picture though, pretty much so well now that mom's restaurant, that that I'm sure was going good. Now that nobody's showing up because the Swifties they got him. Huh, well, hopefully everybody knew. Hopefully it's all a joking of people still come they're not, Yeah they will, because as soon as the reviews came in, like TMZ reported on, it was like, look at what the Swifties are doing.
Speaker 4: These are fake these these people never with what's a real review and what is Yeah? Yeah, but they sent a message that they did Carter Johnson.
Speaker 1: Did they Yeah? Yeah, they they're protected their girl.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: So it's uh, owners operators in Coco, Florida called Village Beer Garden and they said we're gonna be fine regardless of who posts what or says anything. And you know what I like the I like a good beer garden, don't you. I'm serious, don't you? Yeah? Man, all yeah, I'm sure the restaurant would you be just fine? I'm sure they'll be. Okay. That's crazy, It really is, really really is. And there's also a King's Grill the day on as well. Does anybody ever get up in your grill?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Huh, that'd be a good tagline. Swiftly got on them though, dog damn apparently damn man, don't you dare call our queen finn? Okay, even if she is thin thin to win, just by some standards, right, did you see that?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Travis Kelsey's X got on the field after the game and posted a video of her with the green confetti. Oh no, yeah, so she's now I'm an Eagle fan. How the hell did you get on the field? Hey, she got on the field, posted a video of her with the green and black confetti, blowing it into the camera and her she posted some lyrics that but it's a dig at Travis Kelcey. Man. People just can't let relationships go man. Wow. Wow, crazy. So they are trying to take people's scholarships.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's wild, man, man, I'm going to get a group called the Shons.
Speaker 1: Are you no? Okay, well yeah, you already have them, you know, actually do Yeah. And it's not females, it's it's males. Dude, Yeah, it's dudes. Did I can pull a dude? Oh yeah, what's what you got a problem with? No, it's just it's it's weird, do you No, it's not weird. It's all yeah, maybe it's a little weird. It's a little weird. Maybe it's a little weird. You're like, damn man, yeah, man, these dudes, these dudes are well every public thing we've done, whether it's goed to the World Series, speak at a police officer event, go to a golf tournament, Astros fan fest. I mean, we've done a couple of other things that I can't think of, like, oh, go to a bar, watch watch some football games at a bar. What go to a comedy event. It's not women that are like, oh my god, Sean, can I get a picture? I don't know if I'm supposed to be offended by this. No, No, it's it's it's dudes. Yeah. So you're saying I can't pull you can pull it. I can pull can pull the mails and people crazy thing about it. It's always been like that on college campus age, Seoan, you go to the Delta game house. Yeah, but first I got to pull a few Sigma news.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like what yeah, No, that's fine, that's classic, Sean. Can I get a picture, dude? Come on, man, I'm about to tee off. Please.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the who said that. That's the big, big fat guy. That's the part of the group of sports your whole life.
Speaker 1: Right, No, it's crazy. That Oh it is crazy. Seven one three, two, two five seven ninety is the number to join. Get back out to the phone lines continue to roll along right here on the Sean Salisbury Show. Guys, uh, what about surta pro sacse I look at the wrong one? Sorry by look at triple E's.
Speaker 4: Like looka shan, no no, no, says certain put Time's tradition Wealth Time. I should have known that, see because you know what wealth manager. Wealth manager gets yourself that advisor that is a fiduciary, financial fiduciary, and they got an obligation to you. I love Trasian wealth. Why transparent, informative, honorable, intelligent expertise veteran led, family owned That's what I like, and you can find them in the Woodlands and sugar Land. They appear to be so big because they got great bandwidth, but they have I use the word boutique feel because to me, a lot of the companies I'm with, including Tradtion Wealth, are feel like they have a personal that personally they want to be right next to you doing what's best for you and your business, meaning your retirement, your investments, your four oh one k rollover to create the security and peace of mind you deserve after all these years of work, the preparation teams put in for the Super Bowl, the preparation you put in for your spring break vacation for your kids. Are you tripling that and then some when you put in the time and effort to prepare for retirement. And you may be in a phase where you're still working and you're thinking about retiring a year from now, wouldn't it be nice to have an expert next to you that's got extra eyes and extra ears to help you navigate retirement and what's your portfolio needs to look like for you? It's Trasian Wealth man. It just is the preparation, the commitment to you and the transparency and all these years you've worked, I would imagine you don't want to blow it by choosing the wrong one, So go for your free review three four six, three seven, one thirty three thirty three four six, three seven one thirty three thirty. It's Trasanwealth dot Com. So if you're looking for security, it's a good place to start. If you're looking for peace of mind, there's no better place to start in my opinion. It's trajan Wealth Trasanwealth dot com, Traswealth dot Com Advisory services off of through Trasian Wealth llcn see Registered Investment Advisor, paid advertisement.
Speaker 2: The Sean Salisbury Show continued.
Speaker 1: Talking about the astros MLB Network putting out their top one hundred MLB players list. They've read everybody except for the top twenty. Okay, so the top twenty Top twenty has not been released yet. So we got eleven to twenty next, right, yep, and then it'll be one through ten to finish it out. So there's already been one, two, three, four astros that have ranked in the top be in the top one hundred, but they're from eighty to one hundred.
Speaker 4: No, they're from twenty one to one hundred. Well, the top eighty is I'm talking about? Yes, top eight right, yeah, top eighty. Yeah, there's not going to be any of them in the top twenty. Jordan will be the only one. Jordanne will be the only one.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In the there's four others pictures included, right, Yes, Fromber is going to be in there.
Speaker 1: Frober's number forty five? Are we considering Bregman an astro? He's listed at number thirty seven?
Speaker 4: Okay, Bregman at number thirty seven and still can't get to his two hundred gradyar something's up?
Speaker 1: You know who's number thirty eight?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Matt Chapman? Oh is he really? Matt Chapman's making twenty five years? There you go?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Bregman from or on this run of al Tuove, he's number thirty and Yer dis Yer's not listening. Okay, how about then it's another picture Hunter Brown? It's not is it Josh Hater in there?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Josh Hater not listed? Who am I missing?
Speaker 6: Pay?
Speaker 1: You can't be in the top nine hundred. Christian Walker. Christian Walker's listed at number forty eight.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, there you go. That's a I would have done truth the fact that he doesn't get a lot of pup.
Speaker 1: No, he does not.
Speaker 4: I would I would have thought that. But remember this is player's voting, right MLB NETI Network. Yeah, so I would have thought Christian Walker would have been post fifty. Yeah, that's higher than I would have thought, which is good. But he's not a big self promoter at least, he just kind of goes and does his thing. Yeah, and you're done'll be in the top twenty. Jordan will be top twenty. Est SoC pretis listed at number eighty five, Nice so Et Sopretz eighty five, Christiana Walker forty eight, fromer Valdez forty five, Jose al to V number thirty, free agent Alex Bregman thirty seven. Yord On Alvarez will definitely be in the top twenty. I would assume Jordon is probably gonna be like fourteen fifteen, maybe maybe top ten, maybe maybe never eight, depends on if they'll look through the fact that he's gonna majority DH. But he played left field pretty good. Well, let's go through who we think the top ten would be. Let's let's throw some names out there. One is Otani Sho, movie Otani, Sodo, Bets, Freddie Freeman. That's four of them. You're probably I don't know, is reigning Sy Young winner Blake Snow make the Top twenty, has already been in it, Betts, Otani, Freeman, And who'd I leave off that list?
Speaker 1: Oh? Soto is a kun You're gonna make the list out in Atlanta more than likely, even though he's coming off and injury. Gotta be right.
Speaker 4: Probably we go through did Devers break the Top twenty? I mean, did Devers? Was he on there before this?
Speaker 1: I just have the astros the actual It's okay, it did, no big deal. We don't need to go through it take time. I'm just I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 4: Thinking about, uh, the baseball standing because I know there's a lot of guys were missing that that we had that they were not talking about, but you know, trying to remember it was football season just in and of thinking about the players on each team. I'm gonna look at the standings while you're looking at that, then I can pull up the teams and where they are. Let's get to some MLB feel me, Doc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have let's see. Gosh, dang, dude, the MLB Network their Twitter page, they put out way too much tough my goodness contents King Bud good god. Yeah, it doesn't even know. Well, we know the.
Speaker 4: Cons were on there. Tatisa is going to be on there more than likely. Corbyn Burns for sure. Yeah, it's you know, we're I would imagine Cincinnati's guy, Blake Snell has came in at number thirty six, okay, I would imagine our guy from Cincinnati, is he top twenty number thirty one, okay, so he hasn't quite broke the top twenty yet. Mike Trout is number thirty nine, which is which is amazing because he hadn't played much recently. But also that goes to a top ten guy if he's healthy, right, I mean, hell, the Dodgers, like you said, are gonna have.
Speaker 1: Four to five.
Speaker 4: Four of them are so in the top twenty, probably four. So it it's the impressive list. Oh, the Judge has got to be on there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Judge will be on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Top SODA's going to be in your top three or four, if not second, close to it.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's a healthy list, healthy list of good players. Let me see, let me pull up the top one hundred MLB.
Speaker 4: Play Glad probably dropped out of the top twenty from last year. I don't even know if he was in top twenty going in, but I think he has been before.
Speaker 1: Going into twenty twenty four, it was ronaldccunea Junior was number one, Mookie Betts was number two, Aaron Judge three, show Head number four, Freddie Freeman number five, Corey Seeger was number six. He'll be in there too, He'll be a top twenty player. Juan Soto was seven, jord almost eight, so I would assume he was number nine, and twenty twenty three jord Alm was eight. I would assume is twenty than he is to ten. I think he'll be. I think he'll be. I'll probably no. I'm gonna say he's gonna be like seven, eight or nine this year.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 4: Look at the just look at the numbers that he had last year. Again, Oh, he belongs in the top ten. I just wondering if it's what a quiet pub for him this offseason?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Garrett Cole was number nine last year. He's he's already listed, so take him out. Who's the highest ranking pitcher right now or from last year. He's got Terrek Scooble's got to be in the top twenty. He'll be up there. Yeah, he has to be, no question. Garret Kurt Now, I don't know about Kirk Gary crishe had a really good year even though the White Sox were terrible. Yeah, targ School has got to be up there. Uh, who's the other guy? I'm thinking of? Blake Snell already listed? Who's the other guy?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Not Glass? Now, Glass don't want to be up there? Oh my gosh, why am I drawing a blank here?
Speaker 6: Hang on?
Speaker 1: Well, he was hurt last year? What's my guy in? What's the guy?
Speaker 4: McClanahan. Uh, McClanahan. McLanahan was hurt, That's what I'm saying. Well, big righty for Philly Wheeler, Oh, Zach Wheeler, Aaron Nola, those two made least. Yeah, I was gonna say McLanahan was sort last year. I've been saying, does he bust back into the top thirty or has he already been called? I don't know, because he was a he's a monster. Yeah, he's good, really good. So it's hurt you damn much though, man, Yeah, that's the Problemado I would assume he's going to be a Yeah, Padre should have two of them, Yeah, Machado and Tatis, unless Tatis's name has already been Tatis's name has already been called.
Speaker 1: But listen, it'll be Jose Ramirez, Ramirez and the toy up there. Top ten. He should be. Guy's a monster. Yeah, you're deserves being in the top ten. Who are we leaving a I'm just thinking off the top of my head, Paul Skens, he'll be up there.
Speaker 4: I wonder if he gets into the top twenty that fast, Dylan c He's got to be a top forty guy, right, I would think, yeah, Schmes, what what a what a how big a jump is that?
Speaker 1: Huh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man from from rookie Revvan from all the honors to oh they already got you as the top twenty, Bobby, Bobby, for sure, that's what happens to you a small market.
Speaker 1: What about like ADLEI Ritchman, somebody on Baltimore, Baltimore. Yeah, one of those young bas white kids. Good they all look at yeah, they all they all are Sigma news at the University of Delaware. Dude, that's so spot on, man, that is so damn spot on. Seven seven ninety is the number to join. Let's get into the final segment here on a Wednesday edition of The Sean Salisbury Show, Let's talk a little bit more on the Astros. Are they in on bregg or not? A new report coming out this Morning's talk about it next, and we're.
Speaker 2: The Shawn Salisbury Show continued.
Speaker 1: You guys want another Alex breakmant update? Yeah, yeah, let on me bring it. He's still a free agent. Let's see when did you pick that he'd sign? So March what March third? And what did what did triple he say? Like the twenty I said last Friday.
Speaker 4: So I'm still the closest, but it's getting it started to creep towards triple le.
Speaker 1: I need him to sign immediately so I can get what do we say? Twenty? The other two gotta pay twenty?
Speaker 11: That what it was?
Speaker 2: That was the deal?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Many No loving Oklahoma. It did a whizzle alone black train. According to Fox thirty two Chicago. Oh yeah yeah, Alex Bregman is nearing a free agent decision. Yeah that was two months ago. But they don't know where kiddy. I was saying, why would they put that out? They put that out twenty five minutes ago. That's so stupid. Tease the fan base man, of course, tease him and hope, hope that he he's on his way to Chicago. I can see him being a cub. I can actually see him be in a cup. That's uh, that's the Astros North. Yep, right there.
Speaker 4: But if he's gonna leave here, head head north, my friend Fenway Park. Yeah, have fun hitting that ballpark.
Speaker 1: Dude? Where Fenway? No, if he goes north, yeah, that ballpark's huge. Well I'm talking about heading north the Red Sox now I'm talking about the Cubs. Yeah north. Yeah, you're talking about north Northeast.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck, man, Just pick a damn place. Let's go. Let's go. There's your Alex, the second Alex Breman update of the morning. I really like, can you really start to ramp up your pregnant game. Yeah. So he's gonna reportedly make his decision soon. They just don't know. They just don't whear. Yeah cool, I'll make it soon. That's that's the way. Thanks for the end.
Speaker 4: Like, like I said, it's the same as when a doctor says we had successful surgery. Well, don't you always say again? Needs successful knee surgery and his recovery times three to seven months. Thanks for that precise and dynamic prediction. Yeah, same thing here. Hey, he's You're gonna make a decision soon. He has no choice. Baseball starts soon. So yeah, thanks appreciate that, Captain obvious. I feel like I'm just gonna stand like the guy from the what's the the rum thing?
Speaker 1: Captain? Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another thing I wanted to bring up today is did you, by chance see the All twenty two on certain plays in the Super Bowl of Travis Kelsey attempting to block at this stage of his career this year. That's not a strength, buddy, him and Dalton Schultz low one and the scene.
Speaker 4: It's never really been a strength. But he's been in his past, been able to use, you know, technique and just get in front of a guy.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 4: He's not a pancake blocking guy, never has been. He's a pass catching guy. But if you're looking for a teaching clinic, don't watch him block, dude, because he's it's not like his brother. His brother's built the block Travis Kelcey Kelsey was builting.
Speaker 1: If I can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, it's not a good look and and okay, a little bit of a lack of comluti to it too.
Speaker 1: I would say, I know everybody can't see it, but this is it's an aerial view behind the line of scrimmage for the Kansas City Chiefs. The the play is it's a play action. Pacheco's going to the left hand side, so all the linemen are starting to block to the left. Look at the feet starting to move for the lineman, and then look at Travis Kelcey. He's still in his three point stance. Yeah, he's got the rusher is the edge is already coming off of his off of his off the off the line, and he's blowing right past Kelsey. Kelsey hasn't even moved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got a wide nine, which we call a guy who's a wide the nine hole. He's wide and you beg it at your stance quick, I would say. So, I would say that that's probably not his strength right now. I mean, bro, but he's the play started. Hello, he's played. He's paid to catch the football, Brian. So maybe it was a delayed tight end.
Speaker 1: Screen when you fat, when you when you play it his block attempt on the guy that's halfway past him. It's pathetic, man. Yeah, it's no effort at all.
Speaker 4: It's a mismatch on a past catching tight end against an edge rushing dominant player. Mismatch for the tight end. You wouldn't describe Travis Kelsey as a physical pass blocker or run blocker. You describe him as a finesse pass catcher who can be physical in space with the football, but he specializes in finding open holes running with it, and he knows how to push off a guy and uses the right and he's really cagy at that at this stage of his career, blocking is not the priority. He's as well witnessed by what you're watching. And then there's a couple more plays that they showed. Dude, his effort in this game in the first half it was pathetic, man, it really was.
Speaker 1: Well, I got news for you.
Speaker 4: It felt like the Kansas City Chiefs offense missed their wake up call and that they woke up at halftime and scored a little bit. But even then they did listen. Let's face facts. One team was far more prepared for this than the other was mentally, physically, emotionally, in game plan wise, and the execution of it There wasn't one bit of this game the Kansas City beat Philadelphia, not one bit. Yeah, Philadelphia dominated every single category, every single category and most of it. Forty plus rushing attempts is going to win you a lot of Super.
Speaker 1: Bowls, he said on his podcast with his brother, The New Heights Podcasts it was released. I believe this morning he said that he's kicking himself because of decisions I made on the field. I wasn't the best leader that I could be. I didn't motive my guys, and I didn't keep my guys cool, calm and collected. Well, like, okay, cool. Accountability, you're in the freaking Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't understand how you wouldn't think that before the game, let you after.
Speaker 1: At least he owned it. Yeah, accountability, but you biggest. It's one of the biggest geat Not only that, when you've been there, you can't take for granted that being there say it felt like the Chief said, it felt like we've been there many times, so it's not that big a deal, right, And they played like it like it wasn't that big a deal.
Speaker 4: And that's not an Andy Reid team. No, it's not the don't have a little hunger this offseason. The question is, well, they have enough to do players to do it.
Speaker 1: I know eventually as we get closer to the draft, like we'll get more into like cap space free agency for the NFL. They're in cap space hell, and.
Speaker 4: They will be on it. Well, it always does when you're not at one point. If you want to get good, you're eventually going to get into that cap space.
Speaker 1: Sixty I think I saw this morning. Sixty five or seventy percent of their cap is already filled up by five players.
Speaker 4: They're going to have to do a lot of moving around and chess piece and yeah, they sure are good stuff today.
Speaker 1: Guys seven one, oh, no, we're done, my bad. Let's get out of here. I'm in the mode. I was ready going to the ten o'clock hour. Why don't you join Matt and Ros. We support you doing that. Go ahead, join them. They'll get no, no, no, no, we got our four hours. Then will pass it. I just was figuring you might want to put two more in me. No, no, no, no, I got I got. I got a couple of things I got to take care of. Good luck, thanks man, I appreciate that shot. Sound very Triple Ley is our producer on Brian Lima. Thank you for listening. Back tomorrow morning at six a m. Don't Go Anywhere. The Matt Thomas Show with Ross is next right here on seven ninety