Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to episode one twelve of Game Spot after Dark. I am your host, Tamar Hussein, and I am joined by the one the only you already know. It's Jean Louisch. You baby, Oh god, you hate to hear it. You're supposed to talk yet.
Speaker 2: Aren't supposed to talk?
Speaker 3: Laughter?
Speaker 1: That laughter, You hear that laughter. You hear It's over now, of course, because that is Jordan. And that voice you heard earlier speaking out of turn is the one we call peaches and Cream.
Speaker 3: Michael p the pea still baby yeah, fuck y'all.
Speaker 1: In case you're wondering, In case you're wondering what all those weird phrases were, those were all the titles of one twelve songs.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say once on one of the four of my favorite R and B groups, which was Drew Hill, once to all Black Street and ooh ooh Jacket Edge.
Speaker 1: I think that's a strong quartet. That is a powerful quartet. You've got Black Street and I'm happy. I'm good, I'm good. Of course we are welcoming back. Michael him to the podcast. He said he was going to be back, and he's back back. He's the only ones and we back.
Speaker 3: I love my wife. I love my wife.
Speaker 1: That is, of course, Chance the Rapper.
Speaker 4: Put some respect Chances doing a lot more than rap. Now he's like expanding his this medium empire, and he's like really low key and if you watch him on interviews, he's like a real humble, chill dude.
Speaker 3: He's just like, I don't know, yeah.
Speaker 1: He's he's he's a nice guy. I can't say I'm massively into Chance the Rapper, but I'm into Chance philanthropy and the Chances a social Yeah, he's funny, he's cool. He had that moment where he was like I was standing behind Kanye and Kanye was like fully like Maga and he was like standing behind Kanye and everyone's like, Chances like it's okay to see that. You truly hate to see it, but you know what to see Delta, which is out now, and we've got to appropriate people to speak about it. We've got Jean Luke, a huge kind of Undertail and the other Are you a fan of Undertail, Michael, I've never had any.
Speaker 3: Excuse you, excuse you.
Speaker 1: I can't tell joking or not.
Speaker 3: I I ow Toby Fox.
Speaker 4: My career in games media by extension of good by like some weird association. But uh yeah, delter Une, Oh my god, yo, we're gonna start.
Speaker 1: We're going with We're starting with Delton.
Speaker 4: That's all right, that's why y'all brought off with your top off. All right, let me get shirtless real quick. We don't do video on this ship no more.
Speaker 3: But uh, who the fuck is we us? Okay ship yo? Okay. Delta Roune. First off, I want to say, be.
Speaker 4: Sure to check out nine to nine Potions a Hot fan bye podcast.
Speaker 3: Well we do.
Speaker 2: It hasn't even been like five five minutes.
Speaker 4: No, but yash, just stick around here for at least an hour. But so, Delta Roune Hot drop on Friday, cause so this is the second chapter of Toby Fox's Alternate Undertail universe, I guess you could say. And it was like it came out of nowhere, no.
Speaker 3: One expected it.
Speaker 4: It was Wednesday after like an Undertail was an anniversary stream, six year six year anniversary stream. And then at the end it's like boom surprise, Delta Roun chapter two is dropping on Friday in two days, and it's fucking wild, Like I remember when Delta Roun dropped on Halloween in twenty eighteen, the first chapter dropped and that was a huge surprise because years because it was yeah, yo, I know, and I was watching back the stream I did with Tay where I was dressed up as Gorel Moduma, and I was like, Yo, what the hell is because it came out of nowhere and we're like, holy shit, there's another piece of the Undertail multiverse.
Speaker 1: I guess you could say.
Speaker 4: And Undertail means a lot of things. I've spoken about Undertail in various capacities through my time at GameSpot, and yeah, that game means a lot to me. And then so when Delta Une dropped, it was just kind of this really overwhelming feeling that holy shit, there's more. I can't believe this and it was an incredible experience. So Delta in chapter two dropped by a surprise again and that it was that sort of feeling all over again. But there's a lot more to it, because okay, how about I start with this. When you boot up Deltau in chapter two, you see that there are slots in the main menu for it up to chapter seven. So there is three, four, five, six, and seven chapters in the Delta Roun story that are planned and this is only chapter two.
Speaker 3: This is this I.
Speaker 1: Feel like, this is this is exactly it makes me feel exactly how it felt within and James Kemmen was like, I've got they two Avatar movies I'm working on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, except like I'm excited. Actually the actually care about this, actually care Yeah, but like also like.
Speaker 1: To that point, it's the same.
Speaker 2: Feeling I have when like Corey's like, hey, by the way, God of War is going to be a dualogy because it's going to take us like forever to make a trilogy of God of War games, or in the same way people are like, oh yeah, Final Fantasy seven remake is the first part of the multi part series. I'm like, dude, you've only covered like very early.
Speaker 1: Of this game.
Speaker 2: This is going to take like twenty years, if not longer, to cover the entire story at the pace that you're going. So the fact that he's like releasing at chapters and you're telling me there's like.
Speaker 5: Said, I don't like I just said that because because chapter one was basically like mostly him by himself with some assistance. Chapter two, uh, like part way through he was like, guys, I need some help with this, and like kind of like put off the call, got a bunch of people in and get the According to the blog, he said, like a lot of the framework has now been laid out in chapter two that they can then use to build the rest of the chapters. So I think the rest of the chapters should come at a much faster pace. I think he said that chapters three, four, and five are gonna come out the same as one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 5: Not going to be like every three years, we're getting one fucking deltaate chapter.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the next thing that's lined up is going to be a huge chunk. But chapter two, like obviously we're not gonna talk about spoilers because it's like that's not what this what this is gonna be. But potassium my god, yes, bananas the chapter two. So the thing with chapter one is that you play through it and I feel like you come away with more questions and answers because there's a lot of connections to undertail that aren't overleas stated. You see a lot of similarities, you see a lot of the same characters, but everything's been shuffled around and you kind of just don't know how to make sense of it. If especially if you're like an Undertail diehard fan, it's like, what does this all mean? And then kind of when you go into chapter two, that groundwork has already been laid, like the battle system, the characters, the kind of the world, the concepts are already there. So the expectations are very different going into chapter two, and I feel like there's this even more questions, Like some questions have been answered, but holy shit, does chapter two like open its entire open up the entire story to even more questions, And the fact that there are seven chapters is it's almost comforting in a way because you're like, oh, I'm I've worked like the fact like Undertail exists on its own, and it could have been just that and Toby Fox could have just been like, you know what, I'm not doing anything anymore. And it's just this really overwhelming feeling of I can't believe where this can go because there's so much, there's so much to work with, there's so much, there's so many cool things that they could do. And the thing about chapter two is that there's a lot you could see that there's a lot more production values because if like, I love chapter one, but you can see in many parts where it's bare bones in terms of it's like it's dungeon design. Some of the things that that it asks you to do in terms of environmental puzzles, it felt somewhat bare bones, especially towards the end of that chapter. So with chapter two, like the impression, you get the impression right away once you step into the cyber world, which is the new kind of piece of the dark world that you're going into for chapter two. Your first impression is when you're on that little escalator thing and you're looking over the city skyline and it's just like this beautiful, vivid visual of like this this bustling city and the music starts playing and you're there with the characters from chapter one and it's just like this, Like almost I got teary eyed because I was like, holy shit, this is this is now the level that Deltrun is being presented at. This is now the new norm for something of from the Undertail lineage, And it felt really really cool to know that.
Speaker 3: That this is what it is now.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I think it shows that, you know, Toby Fox has a lot more he's working with a lot more people, he's a lot more resources, and it shows and a lot of the different things that you do in chapter two, with the environmental puzzles, with some of the some of the way the battle mechanics kind of twist and change, and like you expect those things from Undertail, like those to like your expectations to be subverted, and they do it in very, very new and different ways.
Speaker 3: With chapter two. It's really cool. It's I like it a lot.
Speaker 4: I don't think it necessarily hits you with the same sort of overwhelming feeling that you get in chapter one, because chapter one was like this first impression of something completely new, but chapter two is like, okay, like you could see how this is a segment in a much larger story. So yeah, it's I don't know, it's.
Speaker 5: It's like chapter two is like fleshing out the like what what it kind of set up, because yeah, it's like that first chapter is like, oh shit, like what's going on? Like more do more Undertail, let's go like there's all my boys that are and you're like really excited about it. Where this one. I think something I really appreciate about this chapter is that they are they're devoting a lot more time to the new characters still and and they're keeping the undertail characters more in the background. I kind of compared it to like the second season of Digimon, like tie in the other crew, like they're still there in the background, but we're here about this new digit deskiny.
Speaker 2: Going on.
Speaker 1: This second chapter, and.
Speaker 5: I think that there's a lot of really really excellent character development, get some really great stuff. But like like Susie, they they they bring back in uh Noel, who is kind of had like a really small role in the first chapter, and she kind of comes back in a major way. And and I do this stuff with like I want to get into a but like go like Rosey's like, oh my god, yeah, so adorable, and like some of the stuff that happens there, I was like, oh, let's go like oh man, like the my my my my, like ship Brain was like it was like tingling. I was like, ooh, oh, yes, yes, things are happening, Relationships are developing, and you know, I'm I'm very curious to see where that goes because I think Toby Fox has said it's not going to have like the level of interactivity and deviation is undertail, but you can make a couple of choices that I'm like, is.
Speaker 3: This gonna lead to something? I'm kind of kind of curious.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A question for you too, as someone who has not played Delta Rune chapter one since twenty eighteen. Not because I didn't like it. I loved the first chapter. I just games just keep coming out and I just don't have time ye go back and replay things. The reference is bad to the first chapter, are they like deep cuts? Like should I go back and replay chapter one ahead of chapter two? Or can I just kind of jump into chapter two and if I can remember the basic strokes, I should be.
Speaker 5: I think you can find Because I also hadn't played since like it first came out. Yeah, so and and I was like, like it took me and I was like, oh right, yeah you you yep, yep, okay, got it? Like it all kind of comes back to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially in the in the very beginning you have there's a moment where you can just like kind of chill and check in with uh, sort of the characters from chapter one, and I think that's when all the pieces start to fall back into place.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, cool, I'm kind of up to speed all right now let's let's let's go ahead and do this. But yeah, to your point in Jean Luke, where there's a lot of character development that's that also speaks to how like the how broad the vision is for Delta Rune, Like they're setting up a lot of pieces like that that you wouldn't do in a standalone six five six hour game. So these things that you're playing now in chapter two are going to pay off, and I see it paying off in the further chapters. And also there's there's a lot of mysteries going on. There's a like Undertail and Delta love to do this where they like drop something like what you think might be like a throwaway line or a throwaway dialogue box or something tucked away in a corner. Yeah, but has like huge like implications for the lore and like the truth of what actually is happening, Because if you play Undertail, you go into this like, Yo, what the fuck is what is this? It's kind of unsettling in a really weird way because it's a shuffling of something that you already know, Like is this connected?
Speaker 3: How is it connected?
Speaker 4: There are obviously clear references to things that happen in Undertail, with this, it's like, I I don't know, it's especially with the nature of who Raws is. There's a lot of subtle hints about my god, this is yeah. To get it to say any more would be yeah, but I'll just say this like god damn y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is this is Yeah, something's really good. And also I think it's so funny. It's so fun dude, the new villain Funny is she's so good. She's maybe the funniest character. Toby Fox's friend and she's so funny. Same with same with Birdley. Birdley is.
Speaker 3: They have a good dynamic. You love to hate him, you love to hate him.
Speaker 4: Oh he's his resident Himbo of of the Deltoe Delta mad mad, like just fucking.
Speaker 5: Just yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Like but like he sucks, like yeah, but like in a good way, in a good way. I mean, like you love him, but you're also like, no, this guy sucks.
Speaker 4: This guy's a douchebag. Like Pas is like a lovable idiot. Birdley is just like an idiot idiot exactly. Yes, by that Queen is such a good villain. She's so funny and like the whole the whole concept of the quote, cyber World is early Internet days, so it's a lot of jokes and gags based on early Internet stuff, and that stuff plays into the combat system and the enemies that you fight against. So like the whole nature of showing mercy and sparing your enemies. A lot of the actions that you do are jokes.
Speaker 3: With the in and of themselves.
Speaker 4: Like you'll have an enemy called pop up, and then you'll have two actions, either click or block, and if you hit click and it's like, hey, ten more enemies popped up because they're pop ups, and if you click them, they'll pop up like oh shit. And then you hit block and it's like, okay, you have to like hit triangle a bunch of times to block all the pop ups that are coming up.
Speaker 3: Hurry, hurry, hurry. Okay, cool, you've clicked out of all of it.
Speaker 4: It's there's so many good gags and it doesn't it never feels like it's trying too hard or trying to be too MEMI. It's very much like if you understand, if you if you vibe with undertails humor, It's it's that all over again, but in a different from a different perspective. It's really really good, it's really well done.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, it feels natural, like yes, nothing, but yeah, it's just it's just Toby Fox, dude, nothing, No one hits like Toby Fox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do have like one more question. I'm sorry I'm asking so many, like because this is one of those things I really struggle with, uh, most episodic games, like like don't tell Nobody, but I have not played Life is Strange too, not because it didn't look interesting, but just because I'm like, I do not want to play an episode one of something and then have to wait months on end to play episode two, and then wait again to play episode three. But I really liked Delta Rune chapter one just because even though it was clearly like the first chapter of something, it also felt very complete, like it was almost like this is almost just like a game in and of itself, like clearly there's more story here, but also you could just kind of play chapter one and be like, okay, cool, that was nice. I can kind of be done ish with Delta Rune here if.
Speaker 6: I wanted to be.
Speaker 2: Is chapter two like fairly self contained? Where like it ends on a note where I'm like I am satisfied with what I played or does it end like in a way where it's like, ah, God, damn it, now I have to wait.
Speaker 3: I mean definitely, I would say the ladder. Yeah, probably the ladder.
Speaker 5: The overarching like narrative like in in the Cyber World is resolved. But I mean, yeah, that it that it pulls a Delta roun It ends on like a big old thing and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, aha, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I kind of compared it to like a like a like a book series where it's like, Okay, you're gonna get like here's the next book in the Delta Roune saga, and we're gonna it's gonna have a good story. But then you know they're gonna leave you with some shit at the end because they want you to buy book three and you know, so, I don't know. It's also way longer than chapter one. It's like it took me like seven hours to beat oh, like chapter one took me like three. So it's it's it's a media it's a media amount of things.
Speaker 2: They'd be playing chapter two to discuss it for a Game of the Year conversations, or should I be waiting until Delta Rune chapter seven comes out to talk about Delta Rune as.
Speaker 1: A That's a good question because I guess the question is like Undertail had a moment where it hit. It was a media strike, right, like it was massive it Everyone kind of gathered around it in this one moment and played it in its totality and it became a cultural moment and for a lot of us, like going into the altar room when looking for more of that, we crave that right we want to have in many ways, as as sad as it might be sound like we want to have ourselves defined by another game like Undertail, right, because a lot of us are who we are because of Undertail. A lot of people would say that, do you think this episodic structure and the time it takes between them precludes it from having that kind of impact?
Speaker 3: I would say so.
Speaker 4: We also discussed this on ninety nine potions. You know what I'm saying, Uh No, I think, I think.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: I think Chapter two is like I would put it on my personal Game of the Year list straight off, but I don't think like if if there's not enough rallying behind it, I don't think I'm gonna I would fight for it because if if someone comes comes out with the argument that's like, this is a segmented thing that doesn't tell like it does tell a complete story, but it's the broader implication is outside of chapter two itself, So it is hard to kind of argue for it as like game of the year status or like in that conversation, I would argue for it, but I also wouldn't, like I wouldn't try convincing someone otherwise because it is it's such a unique and different kind of thing that yeah, it's it's a I don't know when it comes game of the year time, and like I'll be like, hey, delt Ue, was this is that I think it should be wreckie for this? What do y'all think? And if the prevailing argument is like, well, I mean we have a lot of games and this is like only a segment of a much larger picture, it's kind of hard to engauge that with everything else.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, all right, I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would agree, And I would say as far as like in the context of sort of the larger like you know, societal context of like is it going to have the same impact as undertail, Like probably not, just because I do think like like like you said that meteor strike of like Undertail just destroying everything in twenty fifteen, it was like huge, But I would also say, like, you know, I think a lot of people like had that impact with Undertail, remember it fondly but then kind of left. But a lot of people kind of forget that. Like there's been that fan base that is just like just just seeped into the Internet and gaming culture and just is like planted their their Undertail roots for years with all of this stuff, and those people are are kind of like in the background making that fan art, like you know, like writing up there like stuff about it.
Speaker 3: And fiction all over the placement.
Speaker 5: Fan fiction. They're dirty fan fiction. And so I think that that kind of energy is just going to continue to build around Delta Rune, like over time, and so I can see it becoming this thing where it doesn't feel like this just massive thing that comes out of nowhere, but like one day you're gonna wake up and like, dude, everyone's drawn fucking Delta Rune fan art. Like it's just gonna like I think it's just gonna happen, like by by the time the final thing comes out, like suddenly, it's gonna be everywhere.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I think I think it has a has a chance when three chapters three to five come out. Also, I think it has a chance to who knows, Like Toby Fox is completely unpredictable in terms of what the kind of storytelling that like, what he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna pull off.
Speaker 4: He has so many more chapters to surprise us, to fuck with our expectations. So I don't think like Delta doesn't necessarily have that cultural impact right now, but I think that they're like when three, four and five come out, and based on what happens in that fifth chapter to lead into six and seven, I think it can. It had like the fact if you when you put them all together, each is each I imagine each chapter is going to be about five hours, So at that point you're gonna have like a like a twenty to twenty five hour game with all those chapters, and assuming that chapter five is going to leave off on a cliffhanger, I think there's an opportunity to make a different kind of impact that's just as large.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll say, right Okay, yah, yeah, I definitely need to check you out. I'm gonna but another game that I'm currently checking out or planning to check out is Death Stranding Director's Cut, which John Luke has been playing and reviews on now Live for and seem to be as divisive as the original game does. Was like released in twenty nineteen and now this new version has got some extra bits in it, but largely seems to be the same game. Don't look how you get on with it? What do you think of it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Dude, it's more it's more Death Stranding. I really, I really like it's It's one of those things where I would say the things I liked about it are already what was there, and the new stuff has and I haven't finished it, but I played a little bit of the new stuff. I would say it's fine. It's like, ah, you know, okay, you put racing in the game. That's cool. Handle's okay. You put a cannon catapult thing in the game. That's pretty neat. There's a little pair of legs that will carry my stuff for me and follow me around. It's pretty cute. I'm into it, But nothing about it like dramatically alters the game in a in a in a way that I felt like, oh, like like ah, yes, this was like the this is the director's cut I was waiting for exactly, with the exception of maybe like the visual the like visual and frame re enhancements. But you know that's of course if you didn't already get it on PC, which kind of had that stuff. But for console players, I do think it's like a pretty cool upgrade. Of course they're blow and leaves right now while I'm talking, but yeah, like it the like that game running at sixty fps. I think just like enhances that experience a lot and like makes it more enjoyable. The adaptive triggers and the haptic feedback I think are fantastic, like like having that like the pressure sensitivity on the triggers, like at like you're like feeling it on your fingers as Sam is like trudging up a hill and you're like, oh yeah, Like it's one of those things that like sounds really gimmicky and I and I don't think, uh they go like there are some games that have like maybe gone too hard on the adapter triggers, where like it feels like a little maybe a little too much. I don't think this does. I think this strikes a good balance where I didn't find it like annoying, but I did feel like it it it was adding to my experience. You can also turn it off if that stuff does bother you, of course, but uh yeah, it's it's good. They added like I don't know, they just like added. It's like Kajima, like you just like adding shit. Like he added the firing range, which is like straight up like metal gear solid like ride in VR missions where like you're in like this dome and like it's like this giant hollow room from like the X Men, and he he even does like kind of like the like the like the fist up like yeah, I did it at the end, which is like very much referencing metal Gear. And I'm like, all right, like that's cool. You know, the actual playing those of our missions, you're like, oh, okay, I'm doing like a little stealth challenge or I'm throwing grenades at BT's and you're like, like that's all right. It's not really like the thing that I necessarily loved about dest s Randing. So I'm you know, like I mesked for it a little bit and was like, ah, this is cool, but it's not what I'm looking for. The more interesting thing is the new mission they added where you actually like have to steal through this this like hidden bunker and that's kind of where where a lot of like the like I guess metal geariness that cogin is kind of trying to see it in there. That stuff's cool because they do seed it throughout the game, so like at the very you can you unlock the first one at the very beginning of the game, and then it'll be like, oh, there's a door locked, we have to unlock it. Uh, well, we'll let you know later. So then it kind of has to play more of the game and then it's like, okay, now you can go back there and do that. And there's there's sort of a a little bit of a hinted at a story there, but I haven't really played much else beyond that like first little sections. I can't comment on like where that goes or like does that wrap in larger stories? It its own side thing. I'm not really sure, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just it's I would say like if you were looking for this specifically for the new content, like it's eight, but if you were just like, oh, I want to play Death Stranding again, or I've never played it, or you know, like this is like a very this is like the definitive version. I would say it's very good. It brings in a lot of the upgrades that like the PC version had. They actually brought in the Half Life stuff from the PC version into this, which is like.
Speaker 3: Kind of weird.
Speaker 5: I wasn't expecting that. I figured that would have been like a like a Steam exclusive type thing. There's uh. They added like ultra widescreen support, which is hello weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It an only PlayStation or the only console game ever to get ultra wide screen support.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's not when I say ultra wide screen support, the game will run at ultra wide, but the PlayStation five itself does not support ultra wide monitors. So you're getting like the black bars.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you get the increased FOV.
Speaker 5: But you get the increased fovs, you get the same experience of ultra wide.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's like you're the game is actually true ultra wide.
Speaker 3: You are getting cinematic yeah yeah, but but like you.
Speaker 5: Get the the increased fov you get like the increased space on the side, Like same with the cut scenes, Like it has that ultraight experience, but I'm like, could you have to work within the limitations of Sony saying like, man, don't work on ultra wide monitors like that.
Speaker 2: Well, but that's like the first thing that I've heard that has actually made sense with this whole director's cut like crap that Sony keeps pedaling with these experis the fact that it's like, now, this is my original vision, like this giant like wide shot and Sody being like, now, that's not how games work, and like cutting it down to fit standard screens, which is probably not at all what happened. They probably went the opposite way, but that makes sense. That makes sense with a director's cut label.
Speaker 5: And I go back and forth on it because part of me, like I kind of get annoyed at the black bars, and I was like, ah, like I've maybe I don't know if I want to play on this, But at the same time, I actually do really like the way the game like looks in ultra wide and like the increased FOV I think like really like adds to the sense of like scale of the environments and kind of really like sucks you in. But yeah, you also get the black bars, so you kind of have to pick and choose with this one. Let's play on PC and you got an ultra wide monitor, which case you're set. But yeah, man, ste's training.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited to play. I really really want that kind of game right now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, you're excited for that game right now with everything else that is coming out, you're excited.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Like it's also like it's it's surprisingly it's less demanding than people realize. Oh, it's as demanding as you allow it to be, right Like, and jumping back into that game is like it is the equivalent of just stepping outside and going for a walk in a digital way, right Like, it's you just kind of you have to barely pay attention. You just kind of selk it in. And that feels kind of not liberating, but like it's comforting at a time when every other game is you need to engage think about this, learn new mechanics, experience new worlds. It's that comfort to it. So I kind of think I'll have it as like a compliment to the other new games I'm playing or want to play.
Speaker 5: I think I think that's a good way to play it.
Speaker 1: Is that okay with you? Jordan?
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it's fine. It's there's there's so many games about the come out. I can't believe you're like trying to squeeze in a game that came out due.
Speaker 1: I can't even fathom that. I'm going to play it alongside Sable, I'm going to play it alongside Del Larude, I'm going to play it alongside Guardians, all these other games. Tell him, yeah, everything, I'm getting, lining it all up. I'm ready. Speaking of being ready, Michael was up obsturd hours for Final Fantasy stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what it is, you put you bring me on here. I got to talk about Final Fantasy fourteen. Yeah, this will this will be this will be quick, or so I say. But yeah, the live the live stream, the developer live stream, which covered all so I went into this. I was covering it for for fan Bite because that's what I do now. So I was just like, yeah, okay, it's seven o'clock on a Friday night.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 4: It's me and Mike Williams posted up ready to cover whatever whatever news comes out, and we're like, okay, this focuses on the changes to every class, like okay, so the probably broad reaching things that we could probably do some breakouts on these motherfuckers. Detailed changes for every single one of the jobs and classes in Final Fantasy fourteen, and there are nineteen of them now, two of which are completely new because they're coming with the new expansion. Seventeen of them are existing only like three of which I really really play all the way played all the way up to max level. So basically I'm trying to cover all these fucking different things which I kind of know, few that I know like an expert, and two that nobody knows about, and.
Speaker 3: I'm just like yo.
Speaker 4: And that stream went on for six hours and eighteen minutes, and it was lovely.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 4: It's you know, we were Final Fantasy fourteen players were feasting. This was it was so good. There's a they oh my god. So it's like all these changes coming to every single job and then so we did all kinds of breakouts on that. It was it was intense because it was all like a learning process to where we have to and it was also is in Japanese, but also that there was a translator, but it was conversational style, so trying to pick up on all the different details that were they were detailing. Was a bit challenging, but we did it. It was cool, and it made me really excited to try all these different classes that I haven't tried in Final Fantasy fourteen. Like I'm excited to be a healer. I played Astrologen, which is cool because I got to flip around tarot cards and heal that way. But now I want to play White Mage. I want to get ready for Stage, which is the new one coming. I'm really excited to try the new Reaper job.
Speaker 3: But also.
Speaker 4: There's like Summoners and magic DPS classes that I really want to dig into now because I'm excited for the changes that they're bringing to along with the new expansion. So that was that was wild, and I started. I started playing more White Mage with Final Fantasy fourteen, and it's it's making me see a different side. I think last time I was on here, I was talking about fishing raids and then so inso that feeling again where like, oh, there's this piece of this game that I knew was there, but it didn't engage with it. But now that I'm engaging with it, I'm seeing the game from a very different perspective. And there's still so much more to that game I need to dig into. But that live letter was wild because yeah, all those different details on every single job in class in that game, and Walker's coming soon, I couldn't be more excited. But also within that was that I think a lot of people were hyped up for data travel data center traveling, so no matter which server you're on, you would be able to meet up with a lot of people who play on different servers, which you can't really do now unless they're in like the same So there's servers, and then there's data centers. Data centers house multiple servers and you can't travel between data centers, but you can travel between the same servers on your own data center. So for example, like I can't hang out with Takis Fuego because Taki's Fuego is on a different data center. Data center travel would allow that that I can go over to whatever data center you're on, TAM and I could hang out with Talkis Fuego and do quests and raids and all this other stuff, but they had to delay it. I think that was the big news ticket from that, alongside all the different updates and changes for all the jobs and classes is that they plan to implement data center data center travel with the launch of end Walker, but they're like, yo, we literally cannot do that right now, I think, And that's alongside that there's just so much traffic. There's so many new players and the servers are already being impacted, and they said that, like, the last thing that they want to do is implement this new change on launch day for their biggest expansion yet amidst all this wild, crazy server traffic that they're getting that it's unprecedented for them. They're still trying to build out new servers to.
Speaker 3: Handle all of this. So along with the.
Speaker 4: Launch of an expansion, you can imagine how many moving parts there are and how intense that is going to be on uh server side. So yeah, unfortunately I won't be able to kick it with Taki's Fuego, But yeah, Final Fantasy fourteen, Man, we're gonna be getting media is gonna be getting hands on with n Walker very soon. Holy shit, man, it's gonna be It's gonna be like just coming coming off of deltrou in chapter two going into the next Final Fantacy fourteen expansion. Yo, I am eating good out here. You know what I'm saying. Oh, and I also I yo. Okay, So Toby Fox has been playing Final Fantasy fourteen. I know you've been playing Final Fantasy fourteen because I made all the connections between Delta and Chapter two. Chapters one and two and all the other chapters are basically Final Fantacy fourteen expansion packs.
Speaker 3: I see it.
Speaker 4: I already know where the story is going because I've made all the connections to fourteen.
Speaker 3: It's there. I see it.
Speaker 2: You sound like you're losing your mind, Michael, No, you're losing your mind.
Speaker 4: There are character parallels between those two games, and this is worry about lightness and darkness and the clashing at the grayness of morality and all this other bullshit. It's oh, it's so good, Okay.
Speaker 1: Of course, when and Walk is out, you will be able to read all the most deep and insightful commentary on it on games but docomm and nowhere else but Jordan. You've been playing Kenna Chi's Spirits is this is up? And we gave it a pretty good review. Phil gave it a.
Speaker 2: Night Yeah, what do you make a wonderful review? I know, John Luke, you've been playing it too, So I want to know if you feel the same way about this. Uh, Keina like might be my biggest surprise gaming wise for this year. Not in the sense of like, oh my god, I'm amazed that this game is good. I had hoped and assumed that it was going to be a good game, but like, Keana's one of those releases that like Press hasn't had a ton of hands on with, and we haven't seen too many like actual gameplay trailers for the game, Like they've kind of been focusing on like, hey, we're we were an animation studio, so this game is going to be pretty as fuck, And I'm like, oh yeah, this this game looks really really cool and pretty. But I also kind of expected it to be your kind of standard maybe like Ratchet and Clank three D platformer or more legend in Zelda puzzle game, and like it does have some of those elements, but like I didn't take too much attention to the fact that, like six months ago, Game Informer had like Kana's like their headlining thing for one of their magazines, and in it they're talking to one of the founders of Ember Lab, the developer, and they're like, oh yeah, a lot of people at our studio are huge into Securo Shout of Sight twice and the Soul's Born games, and it was like this one random sentence. I didn't take much of that. So when I played Kana, like the first thing that shocked me was like, Wow, this game.
Speaker 3: Is really fucking hard.
Speaker 2: Like it's it's surprisingly really difficult, And I did not expect that at all, given it's arts. Like I'm not saying that wholesome cutesy looking games they can't be hard, but just the way that Kana was presented, I did not expect going into it that. When I was going to start playing it and facing some of the bosses, I was like, this is like on par with like some of the battles I've had in Securo Blood Born in Dark Souls three, Like the attacks have to be like parried and dodged at like really precise times, and I have to like keep make sure that I don't heal too soon because a very limited amount of times to heal. And this is like a dance of death that if I get, if I'm a tempo off, I am going to be wrecked in the worst possible way. And there's just like no conceivable way that I can recover unless I just play the rest of the boss fight perfectly. And I'm like, I'm amazed that they were able to hide the fact that this game is going to be really, really hard all the way up until it released, like unless I just missed something somewhere where they mentioned like, oh, by the way, this game is going to be incredibly hard. But like it's got it's got great boss design, it's got like some of the best like boss battles I think I've played in almost any video game.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it so much.
Speaker 1: That is the thing that is made it shoot up to the top of the my must playlist the mention of Securo style design or challenge and do Cell style challenge. But I'm I'm super super keen to play the game, super keena to play that game. You know what I'm saying, Wow, John Luke, what do you make of it?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 5: I feel bad because I don't I don't feel like I don't like it as much as everyone else. Not to say I don't like it, but that's not I don't think it's a good game, but at least like right now, and maybe maybe it's just the context in which I'm playing it, or the current headspace I'm in, but like I'm not, I'm not feeling it quite as much. Part of it actually is that combat difficulty, because I think the rest of the game, when it comes to like the platforming and the exploration, the puzzle solving is so like chill and easy going that like the difficulty of the combat just sort of frustrates me more than I find it enjoying because I'm like like, oh, this isn't what I'm looking for right now. Like I'm I like, I'm having such a good time like wandering around and like finding the different rots and doing the little puzzles, and then it's like, all right, now you gotta do this really hard boss and I'm like I don't want it. How is it what I want? What I want at the moment, But I like I respect what it's going for with that stuff. It's just like, for whatever reason, that's not clicking with me. There's also like a few like weird minor things that are like very specific to me, Like I find uh some Kenda's movement to be like kind of stiff, like, uh, she she doesn't have any Because I was trying to figure out like why her why her walking just like fell off to me, and I realized it's because she doesn't have any uh like forward momentum, like a build up to her run animation. She just like immediately goes one to one hundred, which I think makes perfect sense for the combat.
Speaker 3: Feels a little.
Speaker 5: Weird with the platforming. I don't know, like something about it like was just not quite clicking with me. The I like the puzzles. I like the looks fucking gorgeous, Like I mean, like just wandering around it, you're like, holy shit. But like yeah, like the platforming, it's like it's fine, it's little, a little basic. It feels a lot like a PS two throwback, like a huge PS two throwback, like they were like all right, uh Jack and Daxter, old school ratchet and clank, like let's go, like you know, like that kind of energy, And I like mad respect for that, and I like part of me loves out about it, but there's another part of me that's like, like I played so many like two thousand era like Alice Madness Return, like like it reminds you of like Alice actually a lot like American mcgeese. Alice is actually maybe the one that running me the most of like in terms of the way it feels like the platforming and stuff, and I was like, that's awesome. I've kind of played like so many of these as a kid that like maybe I'm I'm just like come in wanting more out of that genre. I don't know, it feels like a meat problem because I like no one else is like feeling this way about it at all.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I totally get it because it does that thing like going off you're like a PS two comparison, and there's like a bunch of things where it's like, oh, when you're about to reach a new cut scene, it doesn't do that thing that games today do where it kind of just like naturally flows into a cut scene. It's like there's a pause, like a very quick fade to black, then fade back in to like go into the cinematic. When Kana's jumping to like grab a ledge, uh, you have to be like exactly angled onto the ledge, like if there's any deviation, she just kind of like doesn't the ledge and she just kind of like it hits off her shins and she just falls down. It's like, oh, like this is a problem that I have not encountered in video games in like a decade.
Speaker 5: She's got that really infuriating a dak and Jack and Daxter double jump, where like the first jump is like really good, and then the second jump is like a little spin that like it's just a little hop and you're like no, like like it always feels like you're not gonna like grab the like uh, you're gonna like get onto the ledge like you do. Like obviously it's designed in a way where you do, but like there's that part of me that's always like like this, I wish there's.
Speaker 2: Clearly been designed for the combat, because like in the combat, it's like, oh, you jump, and then you'll double jump and it's like, oh, now you're high enough to possibly jump over the attack like in Sekio, and there's those unblockable attacks that you have to jump over the enemy and on them. Or it might be a case where you're double jumping, then you can do a downward slash, or you can do that slow mo freeze thing in the area you're charging your bow and you can like snipe someone from it air. Like Clearly all of Kana's movements have been designed to appeal to the very challenging combat gauntlets that she has to go through, so they feel a little bit strange, I will give you that, John, Look, they feel a little bit strange. And then they translate over to the puzzle and the platforming segments. You're like, oh, I kind of expected her jump to be a little further outward or at least appear to be further outward than it does. And it's like, oh, but it's designed more to like give her the height in combat so that you can snipe enemies from afar jump over there.
Speaker 5: That's it, Because it's like, yeah, it's like the movement feels better for the combat and doesn't feel quite as good for maybe the platforming. But also I'd rather be doing the platforming than the combat. So like my brain is like, none of these are quite hitten for me, like as hard as I want them to, but I still want to keep playing it, and like, you know, maybe maybe I just need to like take a break and come back in like a better headspace for it, because I do think all the praise for the game is like absolutely well deserved, and like, if this game has any interest, you have any interest in.
Speaker 6: This, like you should absolutely pick it up.
Speaker 5: It's just like, for whatever reason, it's an exact moment, it's not hitting me as much as I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still very keen to play it at least check.
Speaker 5: It out, but yeah, very keen to play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I said that. I said that already. I am honestly like I'm spending a lot of my time kind of having on the post review calm down where I just want to play something that doesn't require too much like not thought, but like too much investment. And the game that I've kind of leaned in on is Hades, which I'm playing on stream a lot. And I don't think I'm not going to take any time talking about Hades at length because I think everyone's talked about it thoroughly. It's fantastic. And I played it initially when it first came out in early access, and I was like, I'm going to come back to this when when it comes out and you know, completed, and I didn't get a chance to come back to it, and I did and recently and I am having a hell of a time. I got the Gauntlet.
Speaker 3: Hell of a time.
Speaker 2: Hell, we were supposed to just let it go.
Speaker 4: My no, this is this is why I need high around.
Speaker 1: About I already did this.
Speaker 3: Great game. Continue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got the I can't remember what they called the gauntlets.
Speaker 2: This the best the best weapons in the game.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that because it's called like the air. It's got the long range punches and then the dragon punch and then you get the Zeus's stuff on it, the boons and yeah, and then Optimist's best goal.
Speaker 4: So I am my god, I love artemists so much. I love her design, so shouts out to gen Z. She's gen Z is like the uh not not the generation of gen Z. Gen Z is her name. She is like the lead artist for all of Super Giant stuff. Her character designs are.
Speaker 2: Just oh, she's like, I want a video game specifically about that artemis, like the artemist that is in Haites, like I have the first time I saw him, like man and the I can't remember who voices her, but just like the like raspiness that she brings to the role and the fact that like there's like an underlying like bit of hurt and trauma like in her past that she keeps alluding to. I'm like, I want this story. I want this video game, and I'm like, I can't remember some voices.
Speaker 1: I'm very into Artemis. I like Artemis a lot. Artemis and are my two favorite characters. It is just a good egg, like a wholesome dude.
Speaker 3: He's a thick boy. Thick boy, he's thick as hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like the first time you give them, the next days like you shouldn't give this to me, you know, this is too good for me. And I was like, bro, oh, yeah, he's very sweet. You're the best. Yeah, he's very sweet. So those are those are my guys. And so I'm playing a lot of that, but I'm going to jump into Keena next. I think Quina and Sable. We also published a review for Sable today, written by frequent reviewer Excellent writer Richard Wakeling, and he gave that a nine out of ten, and I said it was like really really lovely open world exploration game, no combat, just focuses on learning the world and experiencing it, and it sounds amazing. So I'm going to check that out for sure as well. Those are my main things. I've also been watching Iron Blooded Orphans, which is I I traditionally do not like Gundam, like I don't like. I don't like. I don't like mechanime very much. I don't like them. I don't I don't like. They don't hit for meats. Yeah, I I watched Macross back in the day and that I enjoyed that men because it was like very musical, and I I like the original Gundam. I kind of watched it more out of interest, just instead of being like, I'm very into this and there's parts of what's it called the one that everyone loves with with the Maxot, even Evan Gellyon, I love that's the one very very for any no, no, no, no, no, even Gullion is even Gallion is the one thing that even Gillyon is that the that makes me think maybe there is I'm just not finding the right specific vibe of clearly I forgot the name of the animals very popular, you know, lads underground and then they come up to the top and green Lug and that's the one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I watched that and it was like not for me, Nah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that that's fair, that's fair, but heartbreaking right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm orphans, I'm blood. Orphans is a Gundom show that is more specifically focused on the human character, and a lot of Gundam shows are also focused on the human characters. But like this is about like a ragtag bunch of kids who are basically discarded and and like are living on Mars like planet and like fending for their life, and they're part of the military, but they treated like shit. They're basically like thrown. They're the team that are constantly thrown at the danger so that the a team can basically like get away with you know, just retreating or thinning out the enemy so then they can come along and they just there's this little team that could that constantly is just fighting above their punching above their weight constantly, and they've come together as a unit and they've started to realize that they need to look out for themselves because no one else is looking out for them. So it's this little team that is like existing inside this corrupt or like this degrading system, but also is like rebelling against it in ways.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's that kind of vibe where their leader is like very much aware of how they're being exploited and is making decisions and making actions that are just skirting the line of like showing the middle finger to the authority, but doing it in a way where they can't outright like like sentence them to l or anything like that. But ultimately is like looking after his crew. And I'm like, three or four episodes in, it's way more at least at least to begin with. It starts off it has the political stuff that you want out of it with different factions, but it's not all focused on look, I've got a massive robot. It's more like smaller utility units fighting. And then when the robot appears, the Gundom appears, you're like, holy shit, and it packs a punch because of it, like you get you get a Gundom fight within the first episode, but it's not a Gundom fight in the way that you see most Gundom fights. It's kind of like the way they use their the avas in in the first of the first few episodes, where it like the avas in the first few episodes of Evangelion they show up, do like a punch and a kick and then power down because everything's fucked and you're like, oh, I see what's going on. It's like it's kind of that more of that kind of vibe to begin with, because like the Gundams that they find, they look like the iconic Gundoms that we know, but they've also been a a bandoned for a really long time, so it's like and and the pilots are kind of like not familiar with them and not synchronized with them in it in a way. But it's a really really good show. I'm really enjoying it so far. It's like written by Murray Okada, who's a female manga screenwriter and director, and she's worked on a bunch of things that are really called like Black Butler, Vampire Knight and Fate s Day Night and a few other things. Yeah, she also worked on Her. She also worked on Amtaro. Yeah, she worked on the third. So she's got she's she's gotten eclectic and she's like very storied, like writer, a bunch of amazing, amazing stuff behind her. And it's two seasons. Apparently both seasons are bangers, So I would highly recommend it. It's not Netflix, which is what I'm watching it on.
Speaker 4: And I'm real good time, ah dog you talking about this is like shot this all the way up to the top of my list. This is checking every single box.
Speaker 1: I feel like you'd like it a lot. I feel like you'd like it. And then the other thing that I was watching was like I caught up on my hier Academia. This season has been kind of mid but they covered the Shigaraki Tomura origins, the main villain origins in these in these last two episodes, and that is that story is one of the most traumatizing stories in my hira Academy. It feels like completely different. It feels like this is It feels like it goes from hey, this is a take on superheroes, to hey, we gave this series to gingi Eto for a couple of episodes. What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 5: And where's this sat what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: How far is this in?
Speaker 1: This is like the latest I can't remember the exact episode numbers, but it's like the latest two episodes in season five. And I it's.
Speaker 2: Weird because they switched it because in the manga, like this arc comes before the uh arc where Bakaga Medorian Totarroki are doing yeah, and they switched it for the anime and I'm like, at first, I thought they were just going to skip this arc, and I'm like, that's an odd choice.
Speaker 1: That's an odd well, there were some questions about whether they would do it because it's genuinely that fucked up in the manga, it's like worse because it's like it is. I mean, this is a boy who anytime he touches anything, it decays, and he also has childhood trauma, so you can see where that goes, and it is like genuine I think, John, Look, I don't know if you're caught up, but like or even I am, Like, you can watch those two episodes as a self contained in isolation story and you come away feeling like one, you'll come away feeling that was heartbreaking too. You'll be like, that is well fucked up, and why is it in this show?
Speaker 5: If I stopped what like season three.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, just like crop in and just.
Speaker 1: I mean like you've got the context because you know who Shugaraki tomorrow is because he was in season one and two and three, So like it would be good. You have the necessary context, which is the familiarity with the character. The things that will be weird is where they're currently at. The actual like exploration of his story takes place within the context of a battle that is happening that you don't have context for Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, it is like it is like imagine if you were getting Goku's backstory in the middle of the Cell games, you'd be like, what the hell's going on? But it is still doable, and honestly, like the actual fight that's happening around them is kind of not great. It's like, okay, so, but like it's only in the second half of episode two that that comes back in. You could watch the Tomorra episodes and not really be spoiled about what's going on, and I would reckon even it might get you to it might make you want to watch catch up on it because it is real good. Yeah, and that's pretty much what I've been doing. So let's move on to listen to questions. If you would like to send us a listener question, you can email us after Dark podcast at GameSpot dot com or join our discord. You can DM me or Lucy to get invited to that. And Michael, can you read this first question? Please?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Hi, y'all, apologies and advance. This question is like hell old we have Like yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Wondering, like Michael here just to answer this question, Michael, question.
Speaker 4: I've seen this question on like the last like two episodes while I was on it ago. But anyway, I'm emailing because I'm listening to the Giant BombCast quote unquote this week aka game Spot after Dark featuring Jan and Jeff, which was when I was on the BombCast as well two months ago, like things like yeah, two months ago. And I think I've heard a couple of times that you can't join up your friends in Final Fantasy fourteen without paying, which is which Wilsh sort of true. It is pretty easy to circumvent. First, the party must be made by someone who has paid for the game. Because they are allowed to friend people who are in the free trial, they can invite friends Elie, they can invite everyone who is on the free trial, and then everyone can go adventuring together. Also, free trial users can join a cross world linkshell, so that's another way to have an FC like experience. I hope that helps.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Michael for getting me addicted to a game that made him cry best.
Speaker 4: David Oh, David Yo playing Final Fantasy fourteen.
Speaker 1: You know question that wasn't a question? Well, I know I wasn't a question. We just came in. I just I just wanted to give Mike his his du Yeah.
Speaker 4: Community shouts out to David for for for letting the folks know spreading the good word the critically claimed MMRPG. That's a free trial up to level sixty. No, don't play time and you get the first expansion in Heaven's Word for free.
Speaker 1: Jorden, can you read this second question for sure?
Speaker 2: Hey, After Dark Crew, love the podcast. I'm a veterinarian practicing for over twelve years. Bless you you keep our fur babies healthy. Love you, love you a lot, and love hearing you talk about your fur babies in addition to video games. I was listening to episode one oh six, okay, so this is probably this is more feedback then, and you were talking about your kiddies frequent vomiting like it was normal. I missed this conversation. I was not at this podcast. Frequently vomiting once a week or more is not normal in a cat. Yes, long haired cats can occasionally get hairballs, which we'll usually see in the vomit. But if you have a cat that vomits once a day or even just once a week, you really should bring that up with your primary care veterinarian. I can't really offer a lot of advice without an existing veterinary client patient relationship. But cats can have food sensitivities or other chronic Oh man, I am not going to even try to pronounce that word. Gastro intestinal gas, intestinal ailments that can be treated with changes and diet or sometimes medications. Again, I would highly recommend you bring this up at your next veterinarian wellness appointment or sooner if you are seeing any weight loss. I really appreciate how much you love cats and games as much as I do.
Speaker 1: Well, that was I wanted to read that. So he got breaks up there? How's breaks, Dan?
Speaker 3: Breaks? I love you breaks, I miss you very much.
Speaker 6: She's good.
Speaker 5: We just got her a little seasonal collar. She's got a little candy corn themed oh holiday season. She did throw up two days ago.
Speaker 2: On our bed.
Speaker 1: I hate to see.
Speaker 5: So the throwing up has not stopped. It had slowed down for a little bit though, so we were like feeling good about it, really oh cool, like we figured this out, and then she threw up and we're like, gosh it, Well, I guess it's still happening. But yeah, you know, I don't know I mean we're obviously like every time it happens, we're very like, like what should we do? Should we go to the vet? Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, we do.
Speaker 5: I think I definitely want to like talk to a veterinarian about it. But also like like Jenna Max were like, yeah, she just like throws up all the time, Like apparently she's just always been like that. Ohn't know if that's that's not really a good thing.
Speaker 7: But like twelve years, twelve years, vet says it's not normal. So you know, but Brinx is she's doing all right?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Oh my my cat, one of my cats, Kiki Sun, the older of the two, the white one. Unfortunately, she's just started pissing in places that aren't her little box anymore. I think it's because she's stressed, and she's like she's got she's got a hyperthyroid issue and we have to take her to the vet and like she's lost a lot of weight and yeah, she's sadly, San is having a rough time and isn't in a good place right now. So I'm like, Okay, that's what you want. I guess I won't be mad at you. But the other one, the other one's fine.
Speaker 4: Show cuho's who's the feedback from that?
Speaker 3: The feedback was from Michael from New York.
Speaker 4: From I'm trying to take care of my cat over here.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we do have some questions, but unfortunately we'll have to save those for next week. I wanted to get back to get through some of the feedback and start clearing the cat backlog, but we've got a few down, so we're getting closer to the actual questions, many of which come from Rockets. He's just putting in work with the questions in the meantime, Michael Wickham, people find.
Speaker 4: You, ah sh you could find me and all of them up bullshit at Michael P Higham on Twitter and at fanby dot com, where you can check out things such as a Loss of Judgment review, frequent coverage of Final Fantasy fourteen, and shit like that. I left GameSpot to start a Final Fantasy fourteen vertical which is coming soon, which is going to be an offshoot of fan Bite, So I am that is what I'm working on. That's the project that I'm actually heading up. So when the time comes, keep your eyes peeled for that. We'll be making big announcements and showcasing a website specifically dedicated to Final Fantasy fourteen.
Speaker 2: Very soon, you cannot go back to Van Byte and say what I did about episodic games and life is changed to I just realized where you work now, and like they will crucify Natalie.
Speaker 3: Natalie, Natalie and Kenn are about to hear.
Speaker 1: This, Jordan, where are you and what are you.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: People can find me on Twitter at JM Remae. I'll say when this podcast goes up, I either will be very excited about the Hollow Night Silk Song announcement that happened at the Nintendo Direct and I'll be posting about that, or I'll be once again enduring the bullying from everyone around me. It's like, hah, Jordan, I can't believe you expected to hear about Silk Song. Nintendo's never going to give that to you. So I'll be in one of two headspaces. We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be the latter. Badly, I can believe.
Speaker 2: Tam, this is the last chance. Even if it's just like the seafood trailer at the PlayStation event, We're like, you know what, we know you've been looking forward to this game. This game's not coming out this year. It's coming out in twenty twenty two. I'm like, you know what, I'm cool with that. Just give me anything, Team Cherry. You can even just like have like a one second clip of just like Hornet like jumping from one side of the screen to the other while they're like switching from one game to the next game, and I'll be content with that. Just like admit that the game still exists somewhere.
Speaker 1: Keep holding that. What you are, what you're up to.
Speaker 5: You can find me at John Luke scitee on Twitter.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Apparently all that Nintendo stuff got leaks, or a good chunk of it.
Speaker 1: It's leaking. It's leaking.
Speaker 3: Check that out.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know what what it is yet, but I'm I'm looking forward to some of the.
Speaker 1: There's no Silk Song on the list.
Speaker 3: It might not be everything, it might not be everything. You don't know.
Speaker 5: I want to, I want to. I don't want to disappoint you, Jordan. I want I want you. I just want Jordan to be you know what, That's what I want.
Speaker 2: Constant point man, John Luke. I can't say that we got a new five. I can't be too hard.
Speaker 3: That's the next.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I've been I've been playing all of them. I'm going through fusion right now. I'm ready. Every day in bed, I get out my deep my three DS and I play a little bit of a Sam's Returns just for like an hour in bed, and I'm like, like, I'm really excited about it. So maybe, yeah, I don't know. I'm gonna be here hanging out, hanging out, making podcasts, covering games.
Speaker 1: I will also be here hanging out making podcasts and covering games. And you can find me on Twitter at tomorre H, or if you want to watch me stream, you can find me on Twitter TV for a session more h. I'd love to see it, and we will see you next week.
Speaker 6: Peacey, Hey, don't trump the
Speaker 2: Don't trankle, don't something el