Speaker 1: Joe Escalante Live from Hollywood by Hollywood you mean Burbank. This is two hours of the business end of show Business, every Sunday on k E I B eleven fifty on your AM dial. The Patriot Sam is here, Nikki producer NICKI is is off this week.
Speaker 2: She's on assignment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's on assignment. That. Yeah, she's on assignment. Am I What am I talking about? Okay, so let's let's get to the news. We'll get to the box office and there and the movies and everything. But for right now, I've got a crazy story that everybody keeps asking me. No, there hasn't been one story like this where everybody is is contact me so much? A Joe, what do you think it's just all about? And the story is there was a wrongful death case in Florida's disney Land area. I guess somebody ate some bad food at an Irish bar in Disney Springs. Do you know what Disney Springs is in?
Speaker 2: I think I do, And I don't want to call it bad food.
Speaker 3: I mean they made it clear that they had an allergy, like a deathly you know, like anaphylactic shock kind of allergy.
Speaker 1: And thanks, thanks for correcting that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't just bad food. It wasn't like food that was rotting or anything. They have high quality and high services over there.
Speaker 2: It's just they were it was.
Speaker 1: Bad for her. Yeah, so they're going after them for a wrongful death claim. Now, in the wrongful death claim they will have to go through and there'll be a lot of issues of fact of like, well, did she communicate her allergies, did they were they negligent? Did they do it on purpose because they wanted to kill her? Yeah? All this stuff. So, but before we get to that point and do you have anything to add to the fact pattern on this one, Sam.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking that they I think she tried to inform them or she informed them that she had the allergy, and it was like one of the I think they asked if there was anything that she was allergic to in that specific dish, and they said that they didn't have the thing that she was allergic to in the dish, And it turns out that they had it and she became deathly ill as a result.
Speaker 1: You know what, I My sister is a celiac otherwise otherwise known as a food karen. So every time I eat with her. I got it. You know, we got to go through this process. And you know, I'm like, well, you know, she's a really nice lady. She just has these, you know, things she needs. She doesn't mean to be this abrupt, but you know she's tired of it. She's going it's hard for her to eat. You know, she's good. Do you have any gluten? Is there? I can't have a tortilla on my plate. You know, they don't understand that. You can't like, well, I'm going to bring you the whole week bread and you just toss it aside. No, no, I can't have it on my plate. You know, it's pretty it's pretty serious. So I've seen this, and I have I'd say about one percent of the waiters know what the hell they're talking about. Yeah, they're always saying, oh this, oh yeah, there's no gluten in the you know X or y Oh there's no gluten in this, there's no gluten in that, And like these people they don't know anything. And sometimes it's bad training. Sometimes they're just you know, they maybe they're too young to know people that have this problem. So I believe it's possible that the waiter could have what they're saying the waiter guaranteed that the food was allergen free, even though some of the items were not served with allergen free flags like in the menu. I believe that the waiter. It's possible the waiter made some assertions that were false.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a dumb waiter.
Speaker 1: Ooh, pretty good, pretty good?
Speaker 3: Yeah it was okay, it wasn't great, but I'll take it six out of ten.
Speaker 1: But if I was the waiter, I would say, what's wrong with the world and all your frickin' allergies that you people have? And I would I would. I would say, you know, would I would? I would go the anti vax route on his thing. I go, this is not my fault. This is the American government's fault for giving every baby thirty two vaccines when they're born. And I'm not smart enough to know whether that's good or bad for you. But that's what I would do if I was that guy. I mean, is this guy gonna be charged with negligent homicide? I mean, is that what's coming?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's okay, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Fantastic question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it certainly is. So, I mean, does he still have his you know job and they got to fire him. You know, someone's got to take the fall, Like one waiter really isn't enough for the human life.
Speaker 3: But you know who's Alan Baldwin.
Speaker 1: It's probably his fault, it.
Speaker 3: Is, I mean, because I could see the similarities between this case and the rest case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's his fault.
Speaker 1: You you have a point, Okay, So let's get to why this case is so crazy. So they file the lawsuit and then the Disney says, no, no, no, this case has to go to arbitration. And so you so they're trying to deny the plaintiff, which is the spouse of the of the dead person, denying that plaint of the right to go to court and to use the court system. And you might say that sounds like a violation of his constitutional rights not to be able to use the court system to settle a dispute with Disney. Isn't that a basic right? Well not for this guy, because this guy and he should have known, I mean, if he really loved his wife, Sam, he should have read the fine print in the Disney plus agreement that he signed when he signed up to watch Mandalorian. In that agreement that he should have read it says any disputes that you have with the Disney Corporation will be settled in arbitration, not in the courts. So he signed it. He's a grown man. Why should Disney have to go and fight this guy in the courts when clearly he already agreed to an arbitration. It's hard for me to say this with this great place, but that is Disney's argument.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm really I'm doing my best to not laugh at at the somebody's death, but this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm laughing at the tragedy.
Speaker 1: I don't want to laugh everything. But I mean, these guys, the Disney lawyers, just heroes in the in uh, in the uh, in the realm of that part of hell where the lawyers go.
Speaker 3: I mean, seriously, these guys are now on the mount Rushmore of douchebag lawyering.
Speaker 1: They're heroes. I mean, they're they're legends. I'd say heroes is not the really word, because they're awful for doing this, but they are legends. And it's a lesson for people. If you want to go to law school, uh, and you want to be a lawyer, this is the kind of stuff you're headed for, so you know, get your say your prayers because you're doomed. I mean, I just can't believe somebody said, yeah, that's good, we'll go we'll go that way, and it's not like this is this is why you know, we all agree that guy should have read the thing and and and he should have known. I mean, he agreed to it. He did agree to it. You know, everybody reads those things before they sign up for Disney Plus. You read them, Sam, I read them.
Speaker 3: Hey, I get I have to get glasses specifically to read this fine print.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take them, and I know you've you've you've sent them to me, and you've paid me five hundred dollars an hour to to mark them up and send them back to the Disney Company. I still have. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on their comments on your last Disney Plus thing. And I know that you will sign up for Disney Plus as soon as we finish that negotiation, not before.
Speaker 2: Still waiting to see Mandalorian.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So uh, but it's not like these guys are saying we think we should win because you did X and it's a technicality and Hey, we hate to pull out the technicality, but it's a lot of money, and we want to win, and it's our job to win, So we want to win. We are dropping the nuclear bomb technology a technicality, and we're gonna win. We're going to say you have to arbitrate. But that doesn't even that doesn't make them win. That all that does is say like an arbitrator is going to decide instead of a judge. And what is an arbitrator. He's basically a retired judge. So you're not even guaranteed to win the case. By doing this awful thing. All you're doing is putting in a different form. Why couldn't somebody say, hey, look, let's just take our chances in court, and let's put out the best case we can put and and let's try to win. Because if we try to prevent this person from exercising their civil rights to have a trial, not only is this not America anymore, we're all going to hell. You realize that everyone in this room, we're all going to hell? And why are we going to hell? It would be one thing if we're going to hell, because we're gonna win this victory, and we're all gonna get bonuses. No, we're going to hell, and we're going to still have to try this case and we might lose. Now, we're going to lose the case possibly and go to Hell. We're going to perish on Earth and in the afterlife. That's what's going on here, and that's why somebody should have thought of that.
Speaker 3: And honest to God, I swear there's one of the lawyers in that room sitting there saying to themselves, I just wanted a job at Disney. I wanted four free tickets to Disneyland every day. This is not what we signed up for. No, it's every day. If you're an employee, it's every day.
Speaker 1: Every day. You go, okay, good for you. I wanted to get a thirty five percent discount on merchandise at Disneyland, and that's all I wanted. I wanted to buy big giant popcorn holders that stay in landfills for you know, generations.
Speaker 3: I got the one and from Japan. It's really nice and it will yeah the popcorn holder holder, Yeah, and it will last for long after I'm dead.
Speaker 1: What do you do? I'm glad. I would like to interview somebody who buys these popcorn holders, because it's a mystery to me. What do you do with the holder when you get home?
Speaker 2: I let it hold dust. I find it very effective at.
Speaker 1: It, okay, because that's all. Was it fun to take it back in your suitcase from Japan?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? My kid plays with it every once in a while because it's one that's active. It has like a little it's like small world. Oh okay, yeah, it has moving pieces. It's really cute.
Speaker 1: I went to Disneyland on Friday. There was a I'm ashamed to admit this, but there was a Haunted Mansion tiki mug available with the girl in the parasol on the tight rope above the alligator from the elongated Haunted Mansion paintings in the beginning.
Speaker 2: So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: My wife had to have one, and some of her friends had to have one. So we went out there and had a drink and they served the drink in the thing, and then we walk. We do what I call a pickle walk. This is one of my ways to try to not gain weight when I go to Disneyland, because everything at Disneyland is pretty much bad for you. But if you get a pickle and walk around both parks and get your exercise in. Think you win. So that's that's the pickle walk, Joe Scalante, pickle walk. That's my tip for Disneyland, for you annual pass holders. That's for pass holders. You know that they go there and they don't have to pay to get in. Do a pickle walk. Great pickle Sam. All right, let's take a break, right, Yeah, take a break. Come, oh, check the traffic and we'll come back with more Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood, where we're going to talk about one of the biggest sexual scandals of all the entertainment history and sports involved too. It takes over everything all right after this Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood, if by Hollywood you mean Burbank two hours of the Business end of show Business. We got a bombs story that came out this week about Casey Wasserman, the head of the Wasserman Group, which is a huge agency that represents people like Billie Eilish and he's also the head of the Summer Olympic Committee that's in charge of putting the Olympics together in Los Angeles in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see robbing everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and full disclosure. He the agency Wasserman Group represents a client of mine, never had any problems with them, but his wife has his Evidently it's kind of a well known secret that he's a womanizer. And the headlines were saying that he was a serial cheater who compulsively slept with his employees and love bombed them with gifts, a lot of shoes and cars, range Rovers. He was always buying these ladies a Range Rover and a bag, bags and stuff like that. I just bought my wife a Range Rover, so I know what he's The women love the range Rovers. You buy a woman a Range Rover, she's yours. Now, it's it's really good to just buy one for your wife. But you know what, before we passed judgment, what if we had all the money in the world and we could buy range Rovers for any girl that you know, looked at us in a friendly way, you know, we all might get out of hand.
Speaker 3: Huh, right, Sam, Maybe if we had that kind of money and nobody ever checked us and was like saying, hey, you might that might not be appropriate.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's it's it's it's a dangerous world out there for some of these people, and is Lou Wasserman was according to people, I talked to his grandfather a womanizer, and this guy the womanizer, and he was very, very powerful. So now you know, the sleeping with people you work with is a no note, shows bad judgment. And one of his girlfriends was the flight attendant on the private jet and that's inappropriate. And there was some mile high club things that she admitted, and I guess she wrote a letter to the wife explaining their affair. So, yeah, you can be as clever as you want, but if you're what do they call those, a philanderer, your side piece.
Speaker 2: Or your side Yeah.
Speaker 1: She could just send an email to your wife and then you're screwed. But anyway, this is the way the guy operated. Seems like he didn't have any moral base at all. He was just I take whatever I take. And he was gifted one hundred million dollars in a trust that he got when he reached a certain age. But then when his mother died, I think all the or at least half of the of the fortune came to him from the Wasserman fortune. So this guy has more money than anyone that we've ever met. I don't know what the circles you're running in. But this guy seems to be one of the richest guys around and he's a big political player. He had he had a fiftieth birthday party where Bill Clinton came. That's interesting. Nancy Pelosi, Gavin Newsom, Kamala Harris, ah, Now imagine dragons and Kamala Harris's husband, Doug em Off went to his party. So he's really he's a man of the people with his Democratic friends, and he has been seen with Jeff Epstein and so he's in that world. So does anyone surprise by this. Nobody's surprised.
Speaker 3: They this is kind of like the mo of everybody who came up in that generation who hadn't that much money. They just didn't have anybody checking their behavior. And nowadays, with me too, there's a lot and with social media, there's a lot more eyes on them. And history tends to, you know, hindsight seems to have twenty twenty vision, I guess.
Speaker 1: And he's married going through divorce when this came out, because she's been pissed off about it for a long time. Evidently it became public he was cheating five years into their marriage. They were married. Interesting about this because I know you're thinking, oh, what's she going to get in this divorce? Well, she's going to get everything because they've been married since she was twenty one and she's sixty now, and there's no pre nups when you're getting married at age twenty one back then, you know the likelihood of one even one. What would it say after she's married to this guy for you know, thirty nine years, she's getting She's going to be now the richest person in Hollywood, is what I'm going to say. I got some interesting stuff about some conspiracy theories about Lou Washerman too. I'm going to talk about when we come back from the break. Joe'sclante Live from Hollywood, Joe'scolante Live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank two hours of the business end of show business every Sunday here in k E. I B eleven fifty on your AM dial. The podcast they come later, and then you can always, you know, listen to the podcasts, subscribe all that kind of stuff. Let's see, now we're talking about Lou Osman, the head of the Summer Olympics Committee, and I guess I don't know I haven't heard anything of him, you know, resigning yet, but he's been caught in a skin handle because everybody decided now is the time to write articles about all the compulsive sleeping with employees that he had been doing. And then the lady and the private jet I made in the private jet store. I think that was maybe already out because I thought i'd heard about that, or maybe maybe other people sleeping with their private jet attendance. I was. I was on a private jet recently because you know, I am a rock and roll manager now, and there was an attendant and I did not sleep with him. And just to let people know that you're you're getting your news from from an untainted source in this this world. But as I said before, one of my clients only have one client is represented by these people, and they're all great, and all the people there, you know, this doesn't reflect on the employees of the Washerman group. You know, the guy's a predator and he loved bombs people with cars and eggs and jewelry. But then they say he drops them like a hot potato, and that's shocking to these people. Do you have any insight, You're you're kind of like a therapist. Well, you are a therapist in this in this world.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes I am. I am a mental health professional.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, what what what? What? What's your analysis? Uh? You know, armchair as it is? Uh, Casey Washerman.
Speaker 3: Well, I try not to diagnose people that I don't know or meet personally as you know, you know, as a therapist in a clinical setting. But that sounds an awful lot like narcissism, just classic narcissism where he loves bombs, because it's almost every time he loves bomb. It's like he loves bombs a girl. It's like he's handing them a mirror and then admiring himself in it until he finds somebody else who's prettier and younger to hold that mirror for him, and then he takes that mirror immediately away from them, hands it to someone else, and starts to admire himself in that mirror with that other person holding it. And that mirror is like all the gifts and everything and all that stuff and the love bombing and the attention, but really all of that stuff is just here, hold this mirror for me so that I can admire myself.
Speaker 1: Well, interestingly, he was raised by his grandfather, the Lou Washerman, the guy we were talking about, who evidently was also a womanizer. I wonder why where his dad is in between, Like who's you know, what's not all about? You got Lou Wasserman, then you got Casey Wasserman. Oh Sid was it Sid Washerman? I think maybe it was. I don't remember. But he's largely raised by this grandfather and grandfather's got his own issues. There's here's the conspiracy sam according to this book called Dark Victory by this guy named Dan Mouldea. It's it also inspired like a TV documentary in twenty seventeen Ronald Reagan involves Ronald Reagan. Washerman was the link, this is Lou Washerman between the mafia, the Hollywood film industry and Reagan, who obtained very lucrative deals as an actor with Washerman as his agent, and Washerman was allowed to be like an agent for people and the president of MCA at the same time. By nineteen forty seven, Okay, this is a long time ago, but this is when you know, this is when this guy's Lou Wasserman is just coming up in the industry. By nineteen forty seven, just after Al Capone died, and still with the help of his alliance with the Underworld, Washerman was instrumental in helping Reagan to become the president of the Screen Actors Guild, which kicked off Reagan's rise to power. Reagan allowed MCA to work both as a producer as well as an agent. That's a typo. He allowed Washerman to work both as a producer as an agent, which enabled them to earn huge income somehow. Anyway, what do you think of that?
Speaker 3: I thought that the whole big thing was that he was the one that Washerman was the one that introduced Reagan to Bonzo.
Speaker 1: Well, Bonzo didn't come up in this article.
Speaker 3: But clearly I was mistaken. Maybe that's another scandal altogether. But wow, that what you're saying is even more mind blowing.
Speaker 1: Even more mind boning than the Bonzo story. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that that Washerman was was a It's kind of It's just one of those things like, do you envy these people that you know with all the power. Well, if you have to make deals with the mafia to keep your operation running, you know, I'd rather drive a truck, As Ricky Nelson once said, you know, it's just it's awful, yes.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: You know, and it's you know, there's a lot of conspiracies about who controls Hollywood out there, Sam, I don't know if you know that, and that it's not above board. And there's cabals and there's groups that that that you know, pass people around or that chew people up and spit them out, and they really control everything and you got to do what they say or you can't make it in show business. You've heard that line before. You'll never make it in show business. If you don't do this, you don't that I will ruin you in chow business. So I mean, is this where the narcissism comes from? Like my grandfather was so powerful, he had the mafia, And there's nothing worse than a guy who says I have mafia ties and I will get you, or like my wicked stepmother used to say, or this is another this is today's version. I have connections with certain motorcycle clubs and I will get you. So this is the kind of why Hollywood has a bad name. It's stuff like this. These are conspiracies that Lou Wasserman was really connected to the mafia, but you know who and Reagan was connected to the mafia. But I think it's well known that the Kennedys were connected to the mafia and that this kind of stuff is out there and these are the power players. So Casey Washerman comes along and he's fifty good looking. All the ladies want to be with him, and he can't help himself because he doesn't have a moral compass like you and me, Sam. We try. I'm not saying we're angels, but at least we try.
Speaker 2: No, I have a broken one. He just doesn't have one.
Speaker 1: I know. He has a dead conscience, it seems like. And his wife. There was a interesting thing about his wife that I read that was like, you know, what does she do well? She engaged in something where her and her charity group drove luxury callers from one part of Europe to another and you know, raised money or something like that was like, gonjeez, these people, So what are you gonna do Casey Washerman? Should he still be head of the Olympic Committee if.
Speaker 3: He's the one who's bankrolling it, it's not much anybody can say, but if it's like kind of just a position given to him just in name, and it's not something that like they really need him there to execute.
Speaker 2: The job or to carry out all of the stuff with the Olympics.
Speaker 3: They might try to talk him out of it, but at the same time, this is Hollywood.
Speaker 2: We're used to infidelity.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's this one. His wife is Zifferent. What's her name, Lauren Zifferent. I wonder if she's related to Kenney Ziffrin, the famous entertainment lawyer. I don't know, but ziffern sits on the board of Cash and Rocket, which organized a rally for women including a Paris Hilton and Top Shop eRASS Chloe Green, to drive a caravan of luxury cars from London to Monte Carlo in June of twenty nineteen, where they then have to masked ball. I love it again. I've worked with the Washerman Agency for the Wascoman Group or whatever. They're all great, you know, none of them. None of them are probably surprised by this, none of them should be hurt by this. But this guy should probably resign. And Billie Eilish has already fired him. Yeah, she got rid of him.
Speaker 3: That's the cost that you pay for That's the price you pay when you do stuff like this. You run the risk of losing everything. It's like gambling addiction almost where it's not like for gambling addicts, it's not about the winning. If it was, then they would stop when they're ahead. Ultimately, it's they need to lose and it's about losing everything.
Speaker 1: Well, this guy is probably not going to be losing everything.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, but.
Speaker 1: He's going to lose half of it to his wife, that's for sure. And then uh, he will again if he if he takes my advice, like people like that didn't take my advice, like Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, you just you just you just confess, say you're sorry, and and donate all your money to some women groups and then start with nothing and then you will be allowed to work again. But if you play the game like Cosby did and uh Weinstein, you will be go through the whole battle and then you won't be able to work again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And as someone brought up something to me, Harvey Weinstein, he's in prison. He's writing in prison. Was the most powerful guy in Hollywood. Now he's writing in prison. Okay, every I guess everybody's glad that he's in prison and he's not womanizing anymore. But someone brought up to me recently. Have you noticed how crappy movies have been since that guy was locked up? Ye?
Speaker 2: Go to break?
Speaker 1: That's great, I mean, I mean that that that makes me think, really makes me Goodness? What what do we do? Did we go too far? Oh? My gosh? When we come back on and talked you about a couple of movies I've seen in the theaters. Joey's Galante Life from Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, h.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: Hm Joe's Galante Jewish Galante I from Hollywood? Hollywood? You mean bear Bank? What if I talked like old Hollywood? Sam, Yeah, let's talk like old Hollywood. Say. Let me tell you. Matthew Perry, the husband of Katie Pat we know, recently died in a ketamine accident or overdose, and now his doctor and many others have been arrested for administering the ketamine and buying and selling it, and a bunch of people went to jail. So maybe his death was not in vain because we got these criminals off the streets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they should put them in a pagging wagon and take them down to the uscal.
Speaker 1: Are you a gangster or so? I'm just I'm a mid Atlantic as sophisticated. I didn't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's the best. That's the best I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, these guys straight to jail. One guy, I'll have some names here, I'll shame them. We have. Salvador Placentia forty two is among the five people slapping charges Thursday after he allegedly built thousands of dollars from Perry Wow for vile of ketamine that he also helped inject in the weeks leading up to the beloved actor's fatal overdose last October. The only thing wrong with that sentence is I, according to the people I know and co starred with them in major sitcoms, he was not beloved. He was an actor, but not a beloved actor. And in the same month that he died that the non beloved actor died, a Santa Monica based doctor known as Doctor P had allegedly revealed to another patient that Perry was spiraling out of control with his addiction. According to prosecutors, Nonetheless, he continued to offer ketamine to mister Perry. And there's another guy. Two months and that Mark Chaves allegedly supplied the actor with twenty vials of ketamine, so these people are going down. Ketamine is a drug that separates you from your pain, and I guess it's useful for people with a lot of pain, and people are prescribed it for depression. I guess that's what he was going with.
Speaker 2: It's a horse tranquilizer.
Speaker 3: Well you know, it's a horse tranquilizer, but it's it's just at lower doses for humans.
Speaker 2: It tends to do that.
Speaker 1: It's a club drug. So if you ever, if you ever go to a club and your horse is getting out of control, you give that to your horse and then you guys can have a good time. I mean, I take a horse de wormer regularly, so I can't judge. Now, let's go to the movies, because that's really it's really what we want to talk about here. I went to the movies, Sam, Did you go to the movies?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: I should be spending much more time at the theaters nowadays, but I am not. I am slowly getting back into school mode because I have a dissertation to write.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's on you. Yeah, all right. Well, while you're thinking about your dissertation, I was out seeing Despicable Me four. Oh so you finally saw it, yes, and I loved it. I haven't seen Despicable one, two or three, so I wasn't I didn't have any baggage. I just walked into the theater and hit my auncle bracelet and just watched the movie on a sunny Wednesday afternoon in Folsom, California. Wow, I was out there. I was out there babysitting my one of my godsons and my wife's you know, friends, and out in the Gold Country. I went up in the Gold Country for the because Sublime had a trucky music festival and I love to go to the Gold Coruntry. People who have been listening to this show for a long time, we'll probably say, how often does this guy go to the Gold Country? Guys are not stopping with the Gold Country. But whenever someone whenever I have an occasion, like if I have to be up in like Sacramento area or in this case Reno trucky, I tak the forty nine Highway forty nine, like you kind of go up to the ninety nine and they cross over at some point east and to the just before you get to Yosemite is the Highway forty nine with streams together what's called the California Gold Country. And these are all gold country towns, gold mining towns. Most of them are very well preserved and they're still gold mining up there because there's golden down their hills. I don't know if you know that. Oh yes, but so I go there all the time. And this time spent some time in Mariposa and in Nevada City, and then went over and Virginia City, which is the king of all the gold towns, which is actually a silver town.
Speaker 2: Do you have to say Jack Nabbitt just to get in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dad nabbit dag nabit. So super fun. And then I saw Despicable Me. Despicable Me is great, and I'll just say that.
Speaker 2: You first Despicable Me experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know who these minions were. I don't know where they came from. I didn't know this guy used to be a and now he's a nice guy. That's the main guy in the movie. That was a really good movie. I like it.
Speaker 2: Check out the first one. Check out the first one. I think you'll really like it.
Speaker 1: Maybe. I love those minions.
Speaker 2: They're fun. They're a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I might see a Minion movie. Yes, Okay, the other movie I saw it was I also enjoyed Deadpool and Wolverine.
Speaker 2: Hey, all right, what'd you think?
Speaker 1: I think? Uh, it's it's really good writing, really good special effects. It's a pretty good story. I mean the my nephew counted them thirty five F words w F bombs in the In the movie, the jokes are not just are rated, they're on the verge of pornographic. If you're paying attention, and if you get the jokes, you're like, Wow, that was a pornographic joke. That wasn't just an a rated R joke. It's almost a rated X joke. Yeah, which you know as an adult, you're gonna laugh, laugh, and you're gonna laugh and laugh again. If for kids. When I was a kid, my family, my father took us to any R rated movie that would shock your conscience if you knew the movies I saw in the ages that I saw them, and I turned out to be a deviant, degenerate. So maybe it's bad for these people. So I don't know. I don't have kids. I don't know what I would do. I mean, that's the big topic. It's an R rated Disney movie, but they went all the way with these jokes. They didn't say like is this one okay? They I can't even say them on the radio. There's some jokes that I want to say and tell you as an example, and they're funny, but I'm shocked I can't say them. They're not they're not suitable for for these airwaves. But but some of them were so funny that I was like trying to remember all the jokes, like when you go see a comedian, I got to remember that one, use that one, and and they kept coming and coming and coming. Uh. Super funny movie and I'm glad I saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, we were talking a few weeks ago about how they were promoting it at Disneyland or at California Adventure, and that now that you've seen the film and seen just like the nature of the jokes that come out with it, it's interesting how the company is trying to balance the promotion of it and trying to make it, as I get in the park, at least as child friendly as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know about that. You know, that decision was made a long time ago when you decided to, you know, get out of the snow White and the seven Dwarfs World and enter these you know, other kinds of movies. Yeah, but still it's not really a Disney movie. It's a it's a Marvel movie. Yeah, they had they have Touchdowne pictures for a long time. I don't know if there was any R rated Touchdowne pictures, but you know they were some adult themes in them for sure. So I don't know. I'm not smart enough to know how to raise kids and stuff like that. I mean to me, if people listen to me, they would homeschool their kids and enter them and roll them in the Catholic Church. Like, if you want my advice on how to raise kids, that's how you do it. Homeschool them, enter them in the Catholic Church. Does anyone want to hear that from me? No, So that's all you're going to get from me about raising your kids. So, you know, a dirty Marvel movie. Yeah, I don't know. Joe the Degenerate liked it, didn't feel good about it. Probably have to mention it in confession. But that's you know, how I live, all right. Uh, that's the end of this deal, and uh there's always more to come. And don't forget about the podcast. Joe Scalante live from Hollywood, signing off with just a taste of the greatest song ever written.