Speaker 1: Here's the Commander who co Podcast, Episode four ninety seven. I'm brand O, I'm here Thrian and we're gonna talk about racing pigs and my gorillas now in our.
Speaker 2: Theme getting into fucking different avenue media management mode.
Speaker 1: Whoa damn? Did it all right? Now? Speaking of doing it, Hey Ryan, we're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you doing? Oh good?
Speaker 2: What is going down?
Speaker 1: We made it barely, always survived, and we're gonna tell stories about all sorts of things with stories to tell. Man, have people to thank you forget to any of that stuff you have to thank. Our official business, Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot Com are your source for all your gaming needs where you can use special promo code c CEO Nation to save yourself five percent of all of your magic card goodness. And you're going to need it based on what we saw in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Oh baby, Oh you know what I just realized. Tell me I don't have my phone to control all the graphics, so I'm gonna have to do those in posts. Well that sucks because I'm not gonna do it now.
Speaker 1: No, No, we can't do it live, so we're gonna have to go right all of the style.
Speaker 2: All the stuff we saw on Vegas, the freaking final fantasy stuff. Uh, all of the expensive. Like I was looking at Lord of the Rings cards, dark misprinted Griffin canyons, freakin' pre cons.
Speaker 1: There weren't any of the Griffin canyons.
Speaker 2: For the record, I checked a yes CCO Nation promo code at Fusion Gaming online dot com. It's gonna get you a discount. You're gonna spend money on that stuff anyways, because you're a magic nerd, because you're watching a podcast of it or listening to a podcast of it. So like, we know that your nerds, you're like us, We know that spend less money on it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Money's at a premium these days, so just keep more of it for yourself.
Speaker 2: Yo, Money's at a premium these days. Sounds like a T shirt.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, Absolutely, you're welcome. One more big shout out goes to our good friends over at Pile of Bones Brewing COVID. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as the being the official beer sponsor for c CEO sy What Flab Season three coming soon here to YouTube. That's it and it's just not as good now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, now that you're old, Hey, well.
Speaker 1: Now that I was now yelling for five days in Vegas home.
Speaker 2: Bringing in hot or air conditioned air. You know what. We got to say big thank you and shout out to Pile of Bones and Nicomas. They are they are partners in crime in the beer world. And we've got some long lake logger that you would see if you were watching on YouTube, which should be. And Nicomas is kind of north of Craven, which is famous for country thunder and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, My auntie was there when they had a plow wind, not at Craven, but another country music show blew the whole stage over.
Speaker 2: Yes, plow wind is like a wind, but it's it's like thirty or forty feet in the air and it snaps trees off.
Speaker 1: That's like a tidle wave, but it's air. It's crazy. Yeah. Yeah, lots of people died and the shit, Oh no, that's not talking about that's not good. But it was. It was crazy. It was wild that that happened.
Speaker 2: Man, So big shout out to Pile of Bones and Nicomas. We like those guys. We drink all their beer and you should too. Final Final, Second final, thank you, Second final. No, let's do final thank you because we're going to talk about the patrons and we're going to talk about the CECO experience we're talking about. But final thank you goes to producer Noah different producer in the booth today for the dufferent Avenue Media Network Network, Media Network.
Speaker 1: Studio, Network Studio.
Speaker 2: Big things to him.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, sputting up with our shit today.
Speaker 2: He's like six, Gary.
Speaker 1: Has had enough, E pieced out. He went and got us some some beer and then he went in the house. So the official damn chalet I believe they call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very well. Yeah, his house.
Speaker 1: Is smaller than this this studio, which makes me sad.
Speaker 2: I think he likes it.
Speaker 1: It's good for him.
Speaker 2: Got like a goora phobia. He doesn't like going outside.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like being in public.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like anything.
Speaker 1: Is a gooraphobia crowds or open space.
Speaker 2: Open spaces. It's the opposite of claustrophobia. So everybody's familiar with.
Speaker 1: Does so is Gary? Is it not like crowds or does not like open spaces?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh that's rough man. I think it's actually just crowds, which is weird because he hosts like events and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, because of the industry that he is existing in that is very different.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, speaking of crowds, crowds, we were just at Magic Con Las Vegas twenty twenty five and boy, howdy, I'll tell you some stuff. Let me let me give you some Cecial quick hits. The stats, well, no, but Cecial quick hits.
Speaker 1: We okay, yeah, just you know what else is? Do you seal quick hits? Damn slideshow behind your head? Oh no, oh it's just slowly says yeah, real slow. Here it is.
Speaker 2: We'd bug him on air if you forgotten.
Speaker 1: And I gave him. I gave him what six seconds. I was like, yeah, here we go, baby, here.
Speaker 2: It is fucking fucking child labor. Speaking of crowns, Let's do some secial quick hits. Do it and then we'll break it open like or peel it open like different layers of onions or Uncle Brando's clothing that was stuck to him after being in Vegas for a few days.
Speaker 1: I'm too old to sweat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just like a mummy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You take like a rag and when you rub, it's just dust, just dust comes off. Yeah, not liquid.
Speaker 1: Correct, we gets to Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred and ten degrees. Sure, is it's so one, that's like forty three for people that are from the Great White North and or Europe or Australia.
Speaker 1: Is this story? Is this the story about Keel? No?
Speaker 2: This is the quickts I thought, let me quick.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna tell me about Kiel when we hit the thing. Okay, tell us.
Speaker 2: We drink beer and stay up late on Thursday night because we had the luxury of going there early because we're not idiots anymore. We used to be idiots, yes, and we would like book our flights and arrive the same day with our luggage in tow at the Magic Con and they're like, oh, you must be selling cards and I'm like, actually, it's my underwear, right. And then we stopped off at a grocery store. We picked up one hundred beer night one plus whatever you guys bought. I bought a hundred beer and we just chilled.
Speaker 1: We just hanged out, me and kil about seventy beer. For the record. Oh so we had seventy more beer, drank almost all of it Night one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know where this is going. People start showsing up. Yep, people's start showing up. You said it right, Yeah, so everybody started getting there. Jared Angelica jock slap cock slop slurp cock slurp jerk slap Yeah, oh my god, the best nickname. Brad shows up, Rusty Trump Jones, Max shows up. People are starting to show up. Aiden's there, Keels there and.
Speaker 1: We are killer no Friller, Chiller, killer thriller. Miller is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're having a gay old time just at the pool and jumping off the diving board. And the next morning you can't even see the floor because of all the booster packs that we open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we opened like what three boxes't I one?
Speaker 2: Three boxes of Final Fantasy Collectors. We bawled pretty good and then oh man, that's not even these are supposed to be Quick Hits. Brando couldn't see the island because all the beer. We goes to the show. We get there and the lineup. Here's the thing they've done, like Read Pop, like the company that does magic cons Yeah, here's my first gripe in the Quick Hits. Okay, oh shit, Read Pop. You've done conventions before, and it's evidenced when we get to the countertop and all we have to do is show you a QR code. Boom done. Yeah, you could have triple the staff there. And staffing is always an issue and always will be for the from now until the end of time forever. I understand that. But you could have triple the staff there and it still wouldn't be enough, and I would pay, and probably five thousand other people would pay, like a couple more dollars. I'm not saying one hundred more. I'm saying a couple more dollars on my ticket yep, to not have to stand in line for an hour. Granted it was at nine am, so it was not hot, though it still was one hundred degrees yep. Much of the line was outside. Then when we get through the line, as if we could even pick up our merch Day one I did anyways, Then we walked through probably a one hundred and fifty meters of just lineup q and what looked like aisles for emergency exit purposes, and I get it for that reason. It wasn't being utilized for anything else. It's usually where free play was or command zone was. Yes, but we get past that and almost immediately on Friday I'm engaged with community and vendors and playing actual games of magic like a frickin nerd yep, Oh my god, all day drinking beer, playing magic and hanging out with people. I've never done that before. I've never done it in the quantities that I did that level.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, Usually it's schmoozing and trying to meet the wat SEA officials in the creator area and finding out where the press lounge is and meeting and schmoozing with the WATSA people that gave you your badge, like, because you've got to do these things to kind of uphold the relationship and the status quo. Thanks a lot. This is what we're planning to do with the content. We're from Canada. It it really means a lot, because there's not as many Canadian creators that come down to Las Vegas blah blah blah, all that shit. Not this time, No fucking played magic.
Speaker 1: Fuck them.
Speaker 2: What he said.
Speaker 1: I said it.
Speaker 2: We've been saying it for like eight years.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'll tell you what I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it again.
Speaker 1: I went to the content creator corner. I'll tell you my goddamn story. Did you get to Bran. Oh, goddamn right, I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it is so bad though.
Speaker 1: You know what I did, got some stickers, farted on prof O.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that a thing you've been trying to do for a while?
Speaker 1: Yeah, life goal achievement unlocked. I farted right on him on Friday. Saturday.
Speaker 2: Oh too bad. It wasn't Sunday.
Speaker 1: Farted right on him?
Speaker 2: Did he know?
Speaker 1: Did I put your butt right up on him? I didn't get to touch on Did you make did you make a seal? There's a zero percent chance that there isn't like bought particles of mine on his clothes. There's a zero percent chance. Gross. I definitely I got up good. Gross. Oh man, I got up good. And then I saw him again later when I was coming back in from outside in the hallway and then he was leaving through the kind of arcadery upstairs. Yeah, and he was like kind of talking to a guy. And I'm not saying he was in huff or he was angry at the dude, but he was definitely like telling him like I want it to be done like this and this and this and this and this, And in my mind I was like, yeah, he definitely got fared on him and now he's mad at that guy for letting it happen. Absolutely right. Yeah, So that's how fucking classy I am. And that was my Like, Branda, we knew that.
Speaker 2: That's how classy you were.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's one of two people that I met in the freaking content.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I thought you were gonna say that's one of two people I farted at.
Speaker 1: Well, I farted on lots of people, but like that was the most famous one, and he's the one that I'm on a brag about.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, Fast forward to a day like, man, I am talking of thirteen or fourteen solid fucking hours of drinking. I'm fucking swacked. I'm like a dumpster. I'm a pile of goo that somebody used a squeegee to get into a garbage bag, threw into a dumpster and set on fire. And there was like a homeless guy in there saying six cats jumped out in fifty eight raccoons. And then we go to the Magic after party, all and all a couple things, a couple things for people who are interested, because I feel like this is the kind of thing where no shit, I'm standing in line at something else. Sure, I don't remember what, but guys are like, hey, you have that thing? Is it worth it?
Speaker 1: Do you like that bag?
Speaker 2: Do you like that deck box? Is it worth it? You've heard that before? Oh yeah, is it worth it to buy those deck box?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it worth it to buy that thing? Did you get your value back?
Speaker 1: I have heard those questions.
Speaker 2: Those are questions that magic players ask because EV expected value over under mid maxing gaming shit right, yes, yeah, gaming ship. Previous after parties have been worth.
Speaker 1: It mini mini? Is it mini? Or yeah? Oh that one was great classic. We had such a blast.
Speaker 2: Three floors, bar, karaoke, dancing, open bar.
Speaker 1: Games downstairs, gas outside.
Speaker 2: Free food, games on the balcony, fantastic, so much fun. And sixty bucks sixty USD or fifty five USD or something like that.
Speaker 1: Which is a that's a pretty good number of dollars to get into.
Speaker 2: But open bar, but open catered, good time, open bar and catered.
Speaker 1: Yes, sixty bucks. I don't expect to have open barmbered. I expect discount drinks and something to.
Speaker 2: Eat, or a drink like this, or a drink token where it's like here you get a thing. Here's another example I want to say the year that I totally didn't piss not inside the convention Center on the floor by some tables.
Speaker 1: Didn't do that, No chance that happened. No, I will testify to that in court. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: And I was the one that was there right that year. It was like fifty dollars and yeah we got a twenty nineteen I was twenty nineteen, got a Commander deck. I got Crick son of Yogma's Commander deck, and people were playing and drinks at the Las Vegas Convention Center were like eight bucks.
Speaker 1: Like what well, I mean that's going rate at the time, but it's at the Las Vegas Convention Center. It was very different.
Speaker 2: You said that, You said it, You said it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I got.
Speaker 2: Cheap drinks, air quotes, and a Commander deck for showing up. The next one was sixty.
Speaker 1: And that was opened bar three four us punched the bar three in the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I punched Gavin Berry in the face by accident, allegedly, will testify to that in court.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Yep, don't have it on video at all. Don't look at the Commander Core YouTube. Great value this one. We shows up and very cool room spacey projections all over the walls and shit, oh Man.
Speaker 1: Area fifteen in Las Vegas, really cool place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a bunch of cool videos. I was showing my wife and kid, and I was showing guys that like, didn't come to the party. There was three people in the house that did not go to the party.
Speaker 1: Right, Brando Keel, Rusty trom Johns.
Speaker 2: Three guys, and then the other eight did. And we piled into two cars and went and we walked in and said, ooh, oh is this it? I paid twenty dollars for a beer, and I'm going to leave the room where dancing is happening to go and look at the rest Area fifteen to see like the cool bar and the tree and all of like the mad Max looking stuff.
Speaker 1: Because they got super cool.
Speaker 2: It's super cool. And in doing that, in being disappointed in the one room, we saw the rest of the place and randomly wandered into where karaoke was.
Speaker 1: Happening and sink guys, sink Gallo there excellent at karaoke. Yes, I maintain that.
Speaker 2: I maintain that.
Speaker 1: Do you know that they're good?
Speaker 2: I do because I've been told because I didn't get to see that it was a little bit seated. Some people got to go twice where others got to go zero. I'm not here to talk about that because that is what it is if you're a content creator. Because there was a couple up there. Sure, and you got your badge for free. And I've been there. I've been to parties for free. I've been there. Let me too, Okay, Yeah, so this is us saying that.
Speaker 1: We've been those people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and that's fine. They didn't get to go and creators did blah blah blah. The karaoke was good, whether they were doing it or not. Sure, good songs, good singers, Entertainment value was there. We sang, we took videos, another twenty dollars beer, and to me, that was a fun experience. We were in there for maybe an hour, sure, Yeah, so we were there from maybe eight till eleven, three hours total in two different places, plus going around to see the scenes. I told everybody in the house who was coming, bring your backpack because usually there's stuff that.
Speaker 1: You get or.
Speaker 2: Don't bring beer in your backpack because A there's either security or b it's an open bar. Every one of my experiences has been I've gotten free stuff where there's been open bar and food. Yes, we get there. Nobody ate Everybody expected to get drinks or drink tokens at the very least. Yes, there was neither of either. Correct, and then people didn't get in karaoke.
Speaker 1: And the dance for shit there it is.
Speaker 2: I'm not complaining and I would never say to somebody don't do that. If you want to do it. Yeah, but if I see another area fifteen after party that doesn't explicitly say drink tokens, catered food, get your pre cons or get a booster pack when you buy your ticket, yeah, probably not going, which is disappointing. That is disappointed for the biggest magic event in the world for the after party to not be something where a thousand people are rushing the dance floor or a thousand people aren't showing up and packing a room to play, you know, jump start Sealed or jump start fucking jerk off, whatever doesn't It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: What it is.
Speaker 2: It's something and it was nothing, Yes, and that's sucky.
Speaker 1: It's sucky, and and I understand why they like they picked that venue because it's what the fuck is The next that.
Speaker 2: Called Edge of Maternity, It was the Edge of Eternity's.
Speaker 1: Edge of Maternities after party, and they picked Area fifteen because it's space themed and then have to decorate it. So they didn't decorate right, like it's always like that. So they went to just well, they just picked a space themed bar and they said, okay, well then the nerds will have to buy drinks. Okay, sure, Well how much of the drinks twenty bucks? Oh well, they already bought their tickets. Damn right. Ryan's not going to complain about it, And I wasn't there, so I can't complain about it. But I'm telling you, me and Rusty and Keel had a way better night.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to complain about twenty drinks because I was fucking hammered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were. We were mostly I was the hole.
Speaker 2: I was past the point of making good decisions.
Speaker 1: I was on budget this trip, which is like very new for me, Like I have a lot of dollars. So like, had I gone in there and drinks for twenty bucks after I paid my sixty or eighty or whatever it was, I would have been very unhappy. You would have been right, Like, you would have been unhappy.
Speaker 2: You would have had a nice time singing because we all did. Oh yeah, and there was good times and good songs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I love jumping around on dance floors. I love watching people sing either good or bad at karaoke. There's no way to get but I would have been very salty. Yeah, I'd be singing a different tune had I been there.
Speaker 2: Good one that was Friday. Let's keep moving forward because I want to get to the point where we're spending time with what are what I'm now considering some of my really good friends, nine family members I was saying. I was saying to Rebecca on having come back and going through the recovery phase, randomly starting to sweat in my office is like only fuck, lick my skin and get drunk like that. It's like.
Speaker 1: Gross, I'm just checking.
Speaker 2: I was saying to Rebecca, Man, I wish you know, I wish Jared and Angelica live closer. I wish that you know Max talking about looking for jobs in Canada. I wish Brad didn't live in Vancouver, and everybody, not just them, but everybody. Yeah, It's like, these are the people that you know. You do your twenty year high school reunion, and these are the people you're excited to see. And those are the people that came and running meeting and running into people like Dana Roach. I just walked past Joey Schultz from dah Reck and dh rec cast just gave him a little butt pat He chased me down and hugged me right. And Don Minor, owner of dhreck dot com, like I say, hey, Don, I shake his hand and he were just chatting it up and his kids are standing there. And when I met him and his kids is when we started Commander Cookout, Like dhreck dot com was not wreck yet. Yeah, it was like a website that one guy did and his kids were Wow, how old my kids are? Yeah, Like his kids at the time or kid or whatever was like seven or eight, and now it's eight years later, his kids are teenagers and my kids seven, and it's like, man, I'm at where you're at, but look where you're at. It's like it's crazy, right, So kid's seven. Nick robster Zinski, oh yeah. Having this conversation in the house in Las Vegas, which was a fantastic forty seven hundred square foot house that had an open flippy tournament area, yeah, and a living room that we watched pig racing in on YouTube. Yeah, I'm having a conversation with Nick Rob and he goes, your kids seven. I remember when you told Brando on command or Cocoa that your wife's pregnant and you know what, so to fucking me too, Like that's crazy. And here's some guy, some random ass motherfucker who's like, hey, I'm in Las Vegas, come and meet me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll pick you up at the eye Hop. Yeah. Now is our good bud?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick Rob. We had a moment. It was great and and zooming out a little bit. It's like the culture of everybody that was there. I use the word culture lots. I'm I'm a corporate guy.
Speaker 1: Now it's just kill me, just wear it tie you business got.
Speaker 2: Put me into a dumpster and light me on fire.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about that for eight years.
Speaker 2: Me too, zooming out. Everybody at the house knows that, Like I've got a kid, because all I do is talk about them when I'm not around him, because we're around each other every fucking day. And he goes, oh, man, you.
Speaker 1: Are freaking he's seven.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, And he goes, I remember when you were like when you announced to Brando that you're having a baby or you're pregnant or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right bought me in the Crescent Moon episode four.
Speaker 2: Episode Oh my god, Yeah, like that. Everybody else in the house that we were at also knows that and were to me a part of that. They all know that they were a part of that. It was an emotional time in my life and I I remember that day and so does everybody else. And that's what That's the kind of thing at the CECO experience to me, especially now after this one that I sort of took it off from schmoozing and working and just wanted to drink beer, play magic. I spent money at vendors. I bought play mats, like I bought a Magic con Las Vegas commemorative playmat, like an oversized one. Yeah, it's like twenty inches by sixteen or something.
Speaker 1: It's huge.
Speaker 2: It's foiley.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was four days of that. It was four days of Oh, let's go back to the grocery store and let's get more Doritos that you like. Let's make sure that we've got oh man, Willie p ninety degrees freaking all of.
Speaker 3: A sour ill bread for us home, big sour dough bread, and let me tell you, we took the breadknife and all filler, no chiller, killer Miller.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's not even sharp. He takes the bread knife and does this to his hand and I'm like, gee, mother asked, he was okay, but.
Speaker 1: He takes a little white line on his put.
Speaker 2: He cuts the bread. We cut the bread into these long strips and we just scooped chili with it, which brings me to my next point. We had a ce theo chili coock so good. Yeah, if you've seen The Grinch, you know the joke.
Speaker 1: I haven't. Don't.
Speaker 2: Did Jim Carrey Grinch?
Speaker 1: Why would I see that?
Speaker 2: Because it's an excellent movie and it's I don't believe you, joyful and triumphant. If you've seen The Grinch, you'd get the joke. So all filler, no chili. Killer. Miller's six foot nine getting a new job in project management. Miller, congratulations, brought a new Mexico chili and they dumpstered a whole fucking like onion of garlic. A clove is one thing, a bulb of bulb of garlic, a whole ball of garlic into the chili.
Speaker 1: Sick.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and we ate the fuck out of that with hot dogs and chili and shredded cheese and Jared sink guy CONFARTI made a I think I'm more of a regular style chili. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was both.
Speaker 2: They're both good.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I frying pan one the most.
Speaker 2: Basically, from Saturday evening till Monday morning, there was chili on the stove simmering and bubbling, and people just walked up with Willie Pea's sour dough bread don't google that, or nachos, and there was chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, and shredded cheese. So if you just scooped chili, you could put your topping of choice on it and eat it for like three days straight. Rest in peace. The toilets in our house, oh yeah yes. And man alive watching guys, I'll call them trades people because they're like to be a chef is a trade, oh yeah yeah. And Aiden is like a culinary school teacher. He's done like culinary competitions and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 2: And Jared absolutely takes pride and I'm proud of him. Man takes pride in feeding and bringing enjoyment through food to like lots of people at a time, Right, that's his jem.
Speaker 1: But like that's what he did, man, and he's good at that.
Speaker 2: That's his job.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And to see guys just work in the kitchen and how they communicate and move around and to put somebody in their element and just let their confidence kind of exude out and radiate out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, here, yeah, yeah, how do you want these chop yep onions here? And to feed? You know eleven, twelve thirteen, One time in Vegas, twenty one people right, just nailing everything from vegetables to meat, to tortilla's to cheese to fucking putting the dorrito taco shells in the oven to make them more crispy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I could use it as a hot dog bun.
Speaker 2: You definitely used a dorito taco shell as a hot dog bun with chili like three times. I will maintain rest in peace the toilets.
Speaker 1: It was a time. It was a time. The mornings were an interesting time. We had a good time though, yeah, yes, oh yeah, And that was just Saturday, Sunday more of the same. Monday we came home. We miss you, man, and we'll see you next time, see you later.
Speaker 2: Man. You know what you know what's so funny tell me is we're coming home from the convention Sunday night and judges are like, hey, man, you don't got to go home, but you can't stay here, you know the whole.
Speaker 1: Oh man, every time anybody tells me that, I want to just punch him right in the dick. Yeah, because I've been hearing that for like twenty years, and I just show were you because I'm right in the nutsack.
Speaker 2: We walked into the house and we're like, oh no, oh no, there's like sixty beer that need to get drunk or else we've lost value.
Speaker 1: When we left for the airport, there was eight, yes, and I felt bad about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt bad. We put him in Aiden and Jared's cooolers.
Speaker 1: No, what was left? I told the clean I let the cleaning lady and I was like, hey, like, there's some beer left in the fridge, Like, eh, do you want us to throw them away? Or do you want them? And she was like oh, and I'll take them home. It's no problem there.
Speaker 2: When the cleaning lady was there, yeah, yeah. You know what's funny is we left before you to get to our flight on time. You were there when the cleaning lady was there, but somehow I ran into you in the bathroom at the airport. Go figure. Uncle Brown was in the bathroom at the airport.
Speaker 1: No me, no, no, no never.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's all great. Oh man, so many booster packs and boxes. Mac for a second Show in a Row, second CECOO Experience in a Row bought a box of Modern Horizons one. I opened up that. I opened up a Force and Negation. There was a bunch of Force.
Speaker 1: Oves and Nick Rob got an Erza. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We were sorting the cards after and Mac was like, what the fuck. There's a Serah benevolent in here. There's a prismatic vista. All of this shit that got opened down at the other end of the open flippy arena. Oh yeah, nobody even knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all the stuff that you guys opened, except for the Force Negation we didn't know.
Speaker 2: I opened up the actual Force Negation pap one. It is pretty good. Pull everybody drank last expensive card in the set.
Speaker 1: My final fantasy box. We opened pounded Rules. You kidding me, I don't know, Holy shit, dude. I got that thing home and traded that thing and made my money back in more and I kept every card I wanted out of it. It was it was crazy. I've never had that happen before since, like a good Time spiral five years ago.
Speaker 2: I have every card in that I wanted from Final Fantasy now because I went to Fusion Gaming Online dot Com used CCO Nation Holiday Promo or CECO Nation Holiday Promo code. I'm still doing it CEO Nation Promo code. It was waiting for me in my mailbox when I got back from.
Speaker 1: Vegas, sick. I have all the cards I want, but I need a couple of them in foil. Still I want a couple of them.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you need them.
Speaker 1: Ones of nor In card and card and ones of Bellow cards. They have to be in foil. I need them to be in foil. Yes, but I'll I can. I can wait. If anybody wants to get at me on the discorder through dm'st me, yeah, I would love to try.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Can I tell the story?
Speaker 2: I want to tell the story in the CEO discord. You can gain access for becoming a patron over Patreon dot com slash CEO podcast. I was just going to ask you tell me about your games and or great stories you have.
Speaker 1: I don't have a game story. I do have a story that I really really really want to tell.
Speaker 2: I want to hear.
Speaker 1: This is something that is new for me. No, I haven't told anybody this. I've actually been saving this on purpose. I didn't even tell anybody at that time. This is a big deal for it. Is it a rash No, No, it's nothing weird, nothing that stays in Vegas. This is a real thing that was a thing. So Sunday morning, I was having a hard time. Oh, I know, I've been off work for six months. I don't know if people in the nation.
Speaker 2: Know that that kind of hard time.
Speaker 1: But I'm just like, I'm like, oh my god, I'm just I'm I'm under a little bit of pressure. I'm not used to being around people as much, and I'm in a building with twenty five thousand people, and I was a little hungover, and I'm on the way to the convention center and like me and Jock Slap and Sink Guy, Sink Gal, we're all like kind of gearing up to do our day and they're kind of dispersing to the winds, like hey, everybody, let's all go get games. And do all the stuff, and like, I don't even want to fucking be around people. I can't do this. Man.
Speaker 2: So that's cool. I think that's common at Magic Con at some point. Hey, Like yeah, I think so that's why they got quiet rooms you can paint and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I was like, okay, okay, I'm just I'm gonna go upstairs. I got six beer in my bag, but I'm not gonna drink them all because that's not how you cope with problems like that, That's not how you do it. So I go upstairs and I sat down next to a chair. I sat next switch chair upstairs outside the hall and by the arcade area, crack a beer. And I'm sitting there. What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? Security guy comes over to me, looks down at me. He sits in the chair, looks at me. You're having a good day.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm like no, I guess so, because, like you know what on the opposite side man, the law in America. And he says, just taking some time out, yeah, man, drinking a beer. Yeah, dude. Because I'm like, if he's gonna take this beard away from me, like whatever, he gets fine. Yeah, you know what he does, goes through his pocket, pulls out his own beer. Security guy cheers, is my beer?
Speaker 2: And I drink it like all nine in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so Yeah, at nine o'clock it'sdamn morning. I'm drinking beer with a security guard outside of the hall in Vegas. And I don't want anybody to get in trouble about that. But the story goes on. The story goes on. I have my beard. I'm thinking, okay, okay, here I go. I've done it. That was a great experience. Or I go. I'm still having a hard time. And I go into the hall and I'm like, oh, man, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know what I know. I don't really want to interact with people. I'm gonna go find the guys. Yeah, I'm gonna go find the guy. So I go down to the free play area.
Speaker 2: Every every time. No, I switch back to me. There we go every time we have a place. Yep, right, it was door twenty nine or thirty. Yep, door twenty nine or thirty. I just walked over there and I found somebody in our house or somebody that I knew or a place that we played at.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, underneath the big Garrick sign. Yep. So I goes to the Big Garrick sign and I see it's Logan, it's Willie p Yeah, yeah, Mac was there, Aiden was there. Everybody's kind of hanging out, and I'm not really feeling up to it. So I just went and I just sat and I sat in between Willie and Logan and I just sat there. I just sat there and I just had my whole moment, drank another beer, listened to them play a game, and everybody like, first they were talking to me, and I was like, they get it, and then they got it and you could see him getting it, and they just let me have my have my time.
Speaker 2: You just wanted to be around your friends. Yeah, I just wanted to, not five thousand people.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to be with my homies. And I swear to you man, twenty five, nine hundred and ninety three people just fucking vanished because my homies were there and they took care of me and I rallied and I ended up having an amazing last day, and I owe a lot of that.
Speaker 2: I remember you sitting there. I specifically didn't talk to you. Yep, we were just not not because I got what was going on, but because I vanished, and I was like, I'm gonna go stand in line because you know what, I played two games today already, I'm gonna to go fucking.
Speaker 1: Wait in the merch line. Yeah. Yeah. And they it's so good, like it's the they're the best people, you guys out there in the nation. You're I don't I don't like having vulnerable moments, and I don't like doing that thing. Yea, And I totally did that thing, and man like I wouldn't have made it through Sunday with if it was any other group of people, I wouldn't have made it. And that it means a lot to me. I just wanted to make sure that I sent that out to everybody's listening so that people know, like you you say that your family and your friends, and I agree one hundred percent, Like I look so forward to seeing all those guys, like everybody that we saw this weekend, and there's a bunch more, there's so many more that we can't we can just name people all the time, but like all of those guys, I just I love seeing them and I feel like comfortable with them, and they're my friends and I miss them and I think about them all the time. And I could not make it through crazy moments of my life like that with other people. Man if I could be in a Fox Bowl with anybody, it'd be these guys. And it's it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Can I Yes?
Speaker 1: And you do it?
Speaker 2: Yes? And the whole thing that CCO is built on isn't a bunch of bullshit. At some point, I'm not way back in the day, and this is me going back into This is me looking back. This is me talking about, you know, all of the things that have happened to me through content that I'm very thankful for in our community and the support and through the pandemic and how actually great that was for me in terms of like earnings and hobbies and going back farther in time to meeting all of these people that we still hang out with a decade later, going back farther than that to let's start building a community, because that's what we need to do. Content. That's like the thing that you need to do going back farther in time than that is playing magic with the people that we still play magic with. Yes, right, and that are these people. And it's not a bunch of bullshit. It really is just a bunch of people that come to the house or are part of the discord of the Patreon community without having the vulnerable moment because you saturated.
Speaker 1: That did it.
Speaker 2: That that is, That is what it's about. And I said to myself and to a few others, and I'll make it official. I think for a while, this will be the last Cecial experience. We're not going to Atlanta because we've got some stuff going on with our friends at face to face games. We've got Saskatoon, We've got Calgary.
Speaker 1: We're not going for very exciting reasons and timing.
Speaker 2: Yes, alas, which is I promised myself I wouldn't do a Magic con and a face to face weekend two weekends consecutive, and that's sort of what's happening.
Speaker 1: Because we did that and it was off. It was a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah. So to have this one be the cherry on top or the whatever was great. And to be able to kind of have the release that was going and playing magic with my friends and family that I that I'd like to play with over the last ten years, and to be vulnerable and be accepted as like, oh, why are you doing this anymore?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man?
Speaker 2: What happens when it ends to have people just say, oh, that's really great. I'm happy that you get to like turn Commander Cookout back into your your fun hobby and and the things that it was when it started, and you can focus on the content instead of the work. I think that that's really going to add to the entertainment value and what everybody loves about it. That's great. That's the yes. Yes, that's the fucking yes.
Speaker 1: It's a good yes, it's good yes, and.
Speaker 2: Tell you and and the and includes Max Crandell, Oh yeah, are.
Speaker 1: You gonna tell the game story? And then I'm gonna tell the game story. You're gonna tell the games. They're gonna tell luck stories, because I got a fucking good luck story.
Speaker 2: I want to tell, Okay Crandell the.
Speaker 1: Max Krandell that Max Crandell.
Speaker 2: Jumpsterdom absolutely made him wish he wasn't born. He sat down with me and I'm playing Shrewfus Sproutsquire Sprout Sprout Sprout Squire, sprot Sprout Sire. Oh my god, I can't even say his name. And I'm just like I'm kind of going linear. I'm kind of going like land land ramp spell land shrewfus top deck of one drop, Like I'm using all my manna and it's great. I go make some Saparlings. Cool tack, Cool, make eight more Saperlings. Cool, hit you for eight saperlings. Make eight Saperlings. And then it was like, oh my god, I hit cockslorp, josh, sorry.
Speaker 1: Fucking It's like chop slap went to jockstrap and the jock flap.
Speaker 2: And cock slurp. Oh my god, he's such a great sport of.
Speaker 1: Bar, such a good dude man.
Speaker 2: I like that, So I go, uh, jock slap, take twenty four saperlings. Got a doubling season out. Hey, I'm gonna make forty eight guys. So now I got like seventy some creatures. I go shamanic revelation. I'll draw a card for each guy I got, oh shit, And then I play a Utopia micon. It's a green like get a sport counter every three turns you removed to make a sack sack to make a mana And I go, oh oh yeah, here we go, too bad. I already fucking attacked because I go you top mer mic on, sack a guy, sack guy, sack a guy, play a thing, sack guy, sack sack guy, double my tokens, sack three guys, double my tokens, sack of guy, double my tokens. And remember I got a doubling season out. So I end the turn with eight hundred saperlings and I'm like, fuck, uh, I guess I discard down to seven and I got sixty cards in my handstill, so I'm going through, going through, going through, and I got a discard, and uh, everybody's just trying to like stay alive and put up defenses. And I'm like, guys, if I get to untap, you guys are gonna die. I got eight hundred guys.
Speaker 1: Somebody has to wrath of God or the games over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and nobody did, so I'm like, hell yeah, brother, untap swing with everything. Fucking Max Crandell goes fucking Arachnogenesis prevent all combat damage, makes.
Speaker 1: Spiders, make spiders equal a number of dudes attacking you.
Speaker 2: What ended up happening with some some misplays and some mistriggers and ship I said, Okay, I'm gonna attack every player with one hundred guys, everybody's gonna take, and they were all five fives. Everybody's gonna take five hundred. Yeah, I had like a vertial lot the ancient and I had all your green creatures get plus one that kind of stuff. Sure, so they're all five fives. That goes ract on Genesis, I'm gonna make a hundred spiders, and I'm like fuck because Jock Slap's got a saga on board that's Wrath of God and it's and he's got rid ahead or whatever so he can like make it happen. I'm fuck. But remember I got a utopia mic on, and I got a little card in hand. When he goes to ultimate, is freaking saga called fresh meat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, fresh meat.
Speaker 2: Remember any of my guys die, I make a three to three. Yeah, and sure they're all five fives, but they're saperlings and some stuff only pump sapparlings. Anyways, he goes, yeah, ultimately thing freaking kill all your guys. I go, oh yeah, fresh meat. When they die, I'm actually gonna get them all back, and they're gonna be three threes. Now that get plus three plus.
Speaker 1: Three and double the number.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna get double. Yeah, so I had eighteen hundred of them. Now, yes, eighteen hundred and.
Speaker 1: Uh Lebrando math eighteen hundred bigger than eight hundred.
Speaker 2: That's a math bigger than one hundred spiders that Max Crandell had because now they're all untapped. So Max Crandell untaps, and I've been bugging them since turn two of the game. Yeah yeah, take eight off your silvan library, draw three. He untaps. Immediately takes eight, draws three off his silver library. He goes, uh, yep, didn't draw it. That's the game. Jumpsterred them freaking sent the minimum at jockslap and just dumpstered Max Crandell. It was like running them over with a truck.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I appreciated everything about that game.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic. I have a luck story leading into a game, So let's do it.
Speaker 2: So we got it, then let's do it. Then we'll wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Okay. Day one I goes, I waits in line to get my merch, and waits in line to get my merch. Day one, nerd idiot, and I opens up my packs or my little bag and it's got.
Speaker 2: Because three collectors in it, right, the premium weekend was a mistake by Watsy and Reed Pop, and they gave us collectors three hundred dollars worth, and I want I want to make sure I got them aid and traded him in and got a Savannah. I know he got a duel land for some sealed bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, and then you know who made money off of that, the dealer. He sold all those packs with two hundred bucks afterwards. But we're going to talk about that probably next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I opened my bag, opens it up, and inside of my three collector boost I play them at box of sleeves all that crap. Yeah, you know this is in there, sleeve one sleep single Sleep?
Speaker 2: Was it empty?
Speaker 1: No? No, was in it raised foil Bellow. Yeah, that's where I got that. That's where I got that. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I'm like, I brought bellow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, imbie, you didn't have a raised foil.
Speaker 1: I rip up my old bellot. It's a four hundred dollars magic card, dude, so it rips up old bellow. Fuck him, put a new one in there. He's dumps fools now it's time to play a fucking game. I gotta find somebody Max crandall. I gotta find some people who were cool so I can convince them that we want to play once.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you were a human piece of trash.
Speaker 1: So I find Willie pen Ier degrees eating all Killer, no filler, chilill, and I think it might have been coxslap. Actually, hey, you want to play my one? And I figure these guys all listen to the show, they know what this is. They're like, happen turn six, turn six. I attack all killer, no chiller, filler, killer miller for two hundred and he's like, Rando, what's the theme here? I don't think this is a one? And I said, no, not a quartered like an architect, but it's one. So he eats, He just eats shit, and these other guys and Willie P looks at me. He's like, you're way scarier in real.
Speaker 2: Life, way shorter and way scarier.
Speaker 1: And then the next two goes like I just turned them into ship too. It was awesome, It was amazing, but it was just such a good game. But like I finally got to do it, and it was the people who like who knew they knew, and they still bought into it. It's now the new challenge is to get some people that don't know. I want ladies looking left, everybody has no hair.
Speaker 2: And nobles type all cards.
Speaker 1: That only start with the letter A. Yeah, and I want to You could.
Speaker 2: Make an ass crack dungeon lich guy deck with that, probably.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna well, well, I can't play a Luren in it. You could have had green.
Speaker 2: You can't give me a Gulgary command of the start.
Speaker 1: Today, right, oh, very good? But instead I he's a one. It's fine, everything is junk.
Speaker 2: Man, give me okay, we'll wrap it up with this. Give me your top three Vegas h moments or emotions, because man, it was it was kind of emotional happy.
Speaker 1: When these happy feeling I had whenever somebody knew came into the house for the first time the first time that during the Yeah, my very favorite feeling of all magic cons anytime, anywhere ever, you can't beat it. I love seeing my friends going to Taco's El Pastor for the first time on the weekend, getting me the good first time, the good old fashioned machette taco. And this is this is a feeling. This is the feeling. Brando's new food of the Weekend was when I when you, me and Keel were sitting at the airport and I had my very first of my entire life and I've been alive a long time russell sprout, and you guys were very very proud of me for trying a brussel sprout. And I was like, oh, that's so nice. Everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're delicious.
Speaker 1: Hey, you encouraged me to try a new thing, and then I did, and then you guys further encouraged me afterwards, and that I felt really nice. So thanks ye. And then I told everybody when I got home about it, and they were all really excited too. So that was that was mine? What are yours?
Speaker 2: Well, there was lots, there was lots there pictree, Yeah, I know you know what. I I talked about dumpstering Max Crandell And from a meme and Commander cookout standpoint, that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Can't top it.
Speaker 2: You can't top that from a a humanities perspective and and cultural me as a person perspective, I loved that this year we did chili and got to do just eat all weekend and just dip different stuff and eat cheese and meat and crunchy nachos and different kinds of doritos with onions and silanter on top.
Speaker 1: You ate like me for a weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I had so much chili. I was full. When did we start cooking that? Like Saturday, Saturday afternoon, Friday night, Friday night until fucking Monday morning. I ate chili and I was full and there was never any bite I regretted. Yep, that was fantastic. That was great, So big thanks to Aiden and Jared for that, because they go pretty hard in the paint. Yeah, well in the chili, as it were, which you could use for maybe paint, like more paint, Hey, I.
Speaker 1: Black, just don't want to get it into your eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no. I want to give an honorable mention to laying on the living room floor and making a snow angel at empty booster pack wrappers.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I want to give an honorable mention to the argument that Aiden and Mac had and how many people contributed to twenty gorillas versus twenty men but everybody's on ice skates. That was so funny.
Speaker 1: I got the fact check through that. That was fun Oh yeah, And you know.
Speaker 2: When Uncle Brando's fact checking this shit's going down, right. Those men are are intelligent and good conversationalists and are are pretty good listeners unless they're pretty drunk and pretty intelligent. So they were making some good points, and man, did we laugh hard. I want to give a shout out to racing pig videos on YouTube when we were betting and cheering for YouTube video pig racing.
Speaker 1: That was way more fun than it deserved to be. Oh yeah, pigs, check them out.
Speaker 2: I will Okay, So that was chilly for sure, But I will give my my second favorite thing definitely too when Nick Rob and I were talking about way back in the day, when when we were talking about being pregnant. Definitely, Man, what was what was the last good thing that I want to talk about?
Speaker 1: Hearing me and Rusty Trump Jones playing Metalug Metal Slug three outside your bedroom door until five in the morning.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear any of that. I didn't hear any of that. You know what I'm gonna say this and this is this is one that didn't involve everybody, So I'm sorry, but me and all Killer Mate Aiden and Mac like Uber eats Domino's pizza and and just aid it in the parking lot there, and we're just talking about like my kid and the CEO experience and what's next and how awesome everything is. And it wasn't even that hot. It was like eighty nine degrees a regular temperature, and yeah, it was just a really nice time. And then we came home, cracked a bunch of boosters, drank a bunch of beer, ate a bunch of chili, stayed up till three in the morning or five, and that was it. Yeah, that's all I got to say about that.
Speaker 1: It's a good time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is my other thing. Oh shit, Friday Thursday night playing a game me, Keel, uh, Mac and Angelica and they were all like, oh yeah, Ryan's good.
Speaker 1: Fucking don't trust Ryan.
Speaker 2: Don't trust Ryan. And I was dealing, Oh well, you guys say, don't trust me, but look at what Max Scott, look at what Keel's got, and look at Angelica, she got all this shit. You guys gotta fucking learn. Don't trust me because who won that game handily? Your good friend Ryan. I've another ass.
Speaker 1: I've been telling people that for.
Speaker 2: Years, fucking Dumpsterred. It's matter with you, guys, I fuck, I don't know. I guess they don't learn.
Speaker 1: I guess not if you want to be a person that doesn't learn. If you want to be a person that doesn't learn. Patreon dot com last CCO podcast. You could be a part of the CEO experiences. You can come see us at any of the face to face events we're going to be attending later this year.
Speaker 2: August twenty three and twenty four, two day weekend Saskatoon. Be there or be square.
Speaker 1: It's our birthdays. You should come out and hang out with us for.
Speaker 2: That and Aiden's and Smitty's and my dad's.
Speaker 1: You'll be there to me, let's go. You'll never know unless you're there.
Speaker 2: My wife Rebecca and face to face Kelly's wife Rebecca will both be there. Really Yeah, that's weird, ey.
Speaker 1: That's kind of strange. Yeah, I feel about that. That's fine, the same person. Nope, are you sure? Yep? How sure? Are you? Barely? I am less sure than barely. But that's how it is. UCCO Nation promo code. Where do we use it? Fusion Gaming online dot com stive yourself five percent off all the gaming supplies, games, cards, all that stuff that you could possibly need. Check out pile of bones and nicolemas. They are owned by the same people and they are great people. They will refresh you and they will get you a little tipsy. Enjoy responsibly. Please Are you gonna talk magic next week? Allegedly? Allegedly, we are going to talk about some magic on the next exciting episode of Commander Cookout podcast. Then are
Speaker 2: Yeah, nick uh uh, make sure you cut that out.