Speaker 1: What's happening Billy crapping in It is officially two thousand twenty six. It is a warm sixty eight degrees fahrenheit here in Baton Rouge. I am Mike Hardy Here. Here, I am Mike Maharty here as always with Mary Kish. Mary, you get the intro first, because Dan fucking interrupted me again.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like it when you bring up the weather. But I think that the people want to know what the father was.
Speaker 3: He's lying.
Speaker 1: It's probably sixty eight. Let me look up bad No, wasn't that right last time I looked it up. How are you doing, Mary?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I'm well rested and relaxed after a nice couple of couple of weeks where I just got to chill. I've been playing a lot of games. We'll talk about that in a little bit.
Speaker 1: But everything Arena.
Speaker 2: Every Christmas, I get an old game, yeah, and I play through it as a part of my Smith's break. That is a part of what I do. And I've been doing Zelda's for the last few years because they take like five days to get through. So yeah, I got a new CRT. I got another new CRT. I have three now. I wish I took a photo of it. You guys should have seen my car.
Speaker 1: I went to crtvs.
Speaker 2: I went to a cabin in the woods and there was we almost didn't have room for the food because I had three CRTs buckled into each seat. One of them is a nine inch It's so cute. It's just the cutest little baby TV. I put Jurassic Park on it. You can barely see the t rex. I mean they are tiny, but awesome, awesome TVs for the for the holiday, and for you know, playing Star Fox. I had a great time.
Speaker 3: Next time I go to Portland, I'm gonna go to your place and it's gonna be like the Dark Night, like Monitor Wall where all CRT stack.
Speaker 1: You type your name in and it just starts exploding. Dan, Yeah, yeah, damn yeah, Mary, you've spoken enough. Dan, that's yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Hi, Yes, there's I slept till four pm today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should. We should clarify if there's any h fogginess on our part. It's literally New Year's Day. It's the night of New Year's Day, but it's January.
Speaker 2: You guys have a bit of the hair of the dog. Everybody does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna I do fairly dry, you know, January or certain rules and stuff starting today. But there was an open bottle of white wine from my party last night, and it would just be irresponsible not to do it. So this is my last day for a bit.
Speaker 2: Here you pour it down the drain like an animal.
Speaker 3: You can't do that. That's insane.
Speaker 1: No, I'd be wasting some hard work. Well kind of what let me can I guess from the what it looks like? Don't tell me why it looks like? Do you know what it is?
Speaker 3: Not really so yellow?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it's probably a gold Chardonay with like full malactic from tas water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like we said on the party invite thing that like, oh bring if you want to, you can bring you know, food or drink or whatever. But like we ordered a ton of head. I got a ton of beer and liquor and stuff like that. But everyone just brings a bottle of wine. So it's like I have like like twelve new bottles of wine that people brought, and it's like, well, shit, try not to drink as much in January. But I'll get to it.
Speaker 2: I understand why people do that though, because a bottle of wine is something I'm willing to give up. It's like, especially if it's like a twelve fifteen dollars bottle, It's like, you can have this. It's a decent gift. Whereas like if you drink beer and you bring a twelve pack, because I can take down six beers in a night, so I'm gonna bring six, I'll drink more than that. Then I have to leave beers at your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a lot of beer too, which is nice. You know who the MVP of bringing stuff to a party is Tim. Tim Terry is fantastic, but he was in California this year. John Carson Formula a game informer. He is from Wisconsin and so he always brings this giant platter of like cheese kurds and awesome Wisconsin cheese and crackers and this new Galarious beer from Wisconsin, which is amazing. It's a man. He just pulls up and he bought me like this, like fifteen VHS tapes he found at Goodwill of all old like wrestling from the late nineties, and on every one of these the guy like lovingly like wrote down every single match and the date He's like this is when Goldberg beat token for the title, and it's just like original recordings from back then. So I put it in at the party. So I had the CRT going and it's just incredible old Like one of them I thought was a Monday nightro but it was a General hospital. So for a while we're just watching episodes of General Hospital from two thousand CRT.
Speaker 2: But that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But yeah, Carson, just above and beyond this here.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not a normal gift because you've been invited to a party. That was your Christmas present. That was a handmade gift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beer, cheese and old wrestling tapes. Carson knows me. Well, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Right into your heart.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: That's rad. Now did you end up making the that drink the batching that you drink?
Speaker 3: I didn't exactly how you told me, Mike. It's just here's the thing you text Mike Maharty about, Like it's like, hey, how do I do this? And you just assume it's going to be like an easy answer. And it's like me and Bank were in the car because we're going to the liquor store and it's just like like all these messages and it's a book of the most detailed knowledgeable information about how the lime chemicals bond with the liquor.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, hold on. I wasn't trying to be like pompous about it. I was actually trying. I was trying to like because basically Dan was trying to.
Speaker 2: We're describing you, and you assume it's pompous.
Speaker 3: That was not pet We were talking about tiki drinks.
Speaker 1: We're asking out a batch of tea drink, and I basically was like, well, the reason you shake with ice is because the water actually binds the citrus and the booze. But then I was like, well, if you make it too far in advance and it might water it down too much. So then I was like, my point being, I should have thought it through more before I texted you back.
Speaker 3: But oh no, but it was. It was awesome. It went great. It actually like, if you're worry too, you're gonna like, I've never made a big batch cocktail. We're gonna do all this shit and no one's gonna drink it. And it went quick. It was delicious.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, the top notched volcano was the name of it, and yes, it's a big batch you Noah, Marichino cherry and pineapple and lime juice and rum and stuff, you know, tiggy stuff. It was great.
Speaker 1: You guys do anything else besides what'd you do for for the holidays? Do you guys stay home?
Speaker 2: Cabin?
Speaker 3: Oh? He did the cabin?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I always do.
Speaker 1: The cabin for like Christmas, and Ears.
Speaker 2: Rented a cabin for Christmas Eve Christmas Day, and that's where I started Zelda. I also made a batch cocktail. I made Alton Brown's milk punch. Have you guys heard of this?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I've heard of milk.
Speaker 2: You gotta get on Alton Brown's TikTok. This guy's crazy. I love Alton Brown. Everybody loves Alton Brown. Just this like genius molecule man who like talks about the molecular science of like what you're making and makes great you know anything, honestly, but this milk punch. You you make tea. So I had to make Earl Gray tea mix in a bunch of port and I'm gonna forget but other important ingredients and then you pour all of the liquor in milk in whole milk and sounds grosst It curdles and gets all goofy and nasty. And then you pour the goop into a coffee filter and the ship at the bottom is clarified milk punch. It's shells. No, the liquid that drips from the goo is your finished product. And the milk I don't know. I don't know the science of it. It's an askalt and brown, but the science of it. The milk helps make the liquor extremely smooth and has this like really nice refined taste to it feels like velvet in your mouth, and it's shelf stable. Even though you dumped it in a bunch of milk. You can keep it in your liquor cabinet for years and it'll be totally fine.
Speaker 3: Probably Henry, I swear to God. Just now, I thought in my head, I'm going to google this Alton Brown guy, and I was to say out loud, I was gonna be like, I bet this guy wears a bow tie. I've never heard of this man in my life. Does google them, And the first thing that popped up is the guy with the bow ties.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, yeah, he's great. He reminds me of like the MythBusters guys like he has this. He'll be like, we're gonna bake bread, but I'm going to show you the eight wrong ways to do it, and then I'll show you the science of why it's wrong, and then I'll show you them perfect bread. And everyone's like, this guy's a genius. But he's also entertaining.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Do you follow a thirsty whale on Instagram? By any chance? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I think said I follow him.
Speaker 1: Man, he's awesome. He's uh, he's just like really entertaining. I don't know, seems like I could do. But he has a lot of cool cocktail videos. I think he's up in Portland, Maine or something, but he's probably my favorite cocktail follow on Instagram. No bow tie, no, no, no, no, no, this guy Like then, this.
Speaker 2: Guy looks like he's in the Army.
Speaker 3: What No, I could see it. I could see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh interesting retired a retired Army cocktail mixologist. I know those guys.
Speaker 3: I spent a lot of time with Kayla, my sister, over the break when I went back to Kansas, and she continues to be fascinating in ways that I could not predict. Like I sit down to play Gears of War with her, and we have played again. Yeah, well we went through all the basic games and now reloaded came out last year and we did a couple of streams of that and we're going through on insane difficulty, and so we're like, you know, I, Act four, Act five, like we're near the end. It's like, oh, okay, that'd be fun. We can do split screen at her house and we can do a stream or whatever. I loaded up and immediately I'm like, I can't hit any active reloads here. Like this feels like shit, something is deeply wrong here. And keep in mind, she is the one that like beat most of not sec Securo on a PlayStation portal with whatever lag comes with that. And so I realized that again she doesn't She did the first one that she doesn't know anything about, like TV technology or anything like that, and I'm like, whoa you. I was like, Kayla, do you have like game mode turned on or anything. She's like what's that? And I was like, oh god, And so I checked she has like an older TV and I turned game mode on and she was like, oh, this feels way better. And so it was like a second long delay on active reloads and stuff, and her whole thing is like from games and Neo and and you know, not sectary. Was it securo like the most frame perfect needed things. And she was beating all these games like on like the worst input lag I've ever fucking seen in my life.
Speaker 1: She just assumed all games take like a second to register what you're trying to do.
Speaker 3: I guarantee she just didn't think about it in her head.
Speaker 1: It's like Jimmy Hendrix with the right hand guitar.
Speaker 3: She's the Jimmy interson video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, but you can coin that, Kayla. It's yours public domain now.
Speaker 3: Just wild. Yeah, I switched it on. I was like, can you tell the difference. She's like, oh yeah, this feels way better now. She was doing like crazy speed run shit and like the hardest games ever on the hardest difficulties and it's just unreal. So yeah, that kind of blew me away.
Speaker 2: She's probably getting adjusted to the time difference. Ultimately, if you're playing the same game again and again and again, you're getting adjusted to how long it takes for you to do your strike. So maybe she was just like, yeah, everything I do takes a half second. For it to impact and just got really adjusted to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like from games already have a bit of that delay because like it's supposed to like you're committing to the attack, which makes it even funnier that she was beating Securo.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then I go to my dad's place and he's put like four hundred hours into Breath the Wild. He plays it like daily since I got it for him years when you're well, he loves it and like the way he talks about it is really awesome too, because it said it reminds him of like he was a kid and you would just go out in the woods and explore and things, and it's like, wow, that's the coolest you could say about a game, is like that gave you that feeling and then nothing else has made you feel that way since you were a kid. But it's it's so interesting because he is just a stubborn older man who doesn't play a lot of video games, so he's like refuses to learn lock on, like locking onto an enemy. So like he does, he's unlocked the entire map. He's literally spent like four hundred plus hours playing this game. But like whenever he goes to a shrine. That's one of the major test of skill or strength or minor test of strength where you just had to fight one of those guardian things. He just won't do it because like he won't lock onto anything, so like combat stuff he can't really do in that game. He hasn't done a single Divine Beast, So you know, every year I go back, I'm like, Dad, just go here, you'll get the single Lets you jump over the like this rivalis gale thing. It'll help you a ton, And he refuses to because he has to talk to NPCs and he's like, I don't want to talk to people, so he just explores. I think he barely touches the camera and he's got every tower, He's done a million TrEPS. I actually did get him to get the Master Sword. He was being kind of stuffing about that I don't need that. I'm fine, I'm fine. I was like that it's a sword that never breaks, you're gonna win. So I did. Actually like he had enough hearts and everything, so I got him the Master Sword. But he gets so pissed off every time he sees a korok. He thinks the idiots they are climb up a whole mountain, and I have to do a thing and find.
Speaker 2: A thing, don't.
Speaker 1: He just gets so mad every time he sees a korrock. What does he think about weapon degradation?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think it bothers him.
Speaker 1: Like, what does he think about difficulty in video games?
Speaker 3: I don't think he thinks about it. He's uh, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Think about Israel. No, I'm sure fall on the subject. That's more than I played Breath of the Wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too. I mean, it's my maybe favorite game of all time. But it's like it is kind of cool, Like it's frustrating that. It's like, Dad, you could be making this so much easier for yourself.
Speaker 2: Like he's already unlocked all the towers if you're not gonna anything.
Speaker 3: He does shrines, but like he's also like he doesn't listen when anyone tells him anything ever, So it's like, literally every time I go back home, I'm like, all right, Dad, you can warp to any of these shrines, even if you haven't finished it. If it's yellow in the middle, you can warp there.
Speaker 2: So he's talking every she walks everywhere.
Speaker 3: He doesn't use the camera. He wouldn't learn about the fairy stuff.
Speaker 1: It's the camera. Wouldn't you only be able to walk in one direction?
Speaker 3: And he started to do it, But the thing is he won't do it at the same time he's running, so he'll like stop, he'll rotate and then kind of like run another one. So like, objectively, he's playing it wrong in a lot of ways, but like he fucking loves it.
Speaker 2: So it's like your entire family is just playing on boomer mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's weird that I'm the one that understands the tech stuff more in games. Well, I guess that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's your fucking job where if you did it, your your whole bloodline should end.
Speaker 3: Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said something like that a few weeks ago, and I was like, I felt like a like a like a lot.
Speaker 2: It's all, but you have to, like someone has to pay attention to these things, and it's you. I don't expect your dad to. I don't I like completely understand that your dad would not do that. I have my My mom would play uh Gears with me sometimes and I would try to explain in the idea that you have to look with one toggle and move with the other. Could not could not process that. Yeah, can she throw a grenade?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can she shoot? Yes? Not very well, but blake she and she understands the basics. And I think ultimately, if you have a good time, like if he's having good time getting diamonds or whatever it is that he wants to do in that game, spending all of his time running voluntarily running, maybe he's doing the building thing with that guy who's like, help me lift this sign. Maybe he's helping that guy out.
Speaker 1: He would hate the ultra hand stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh he would. That's why I didn't even get him that is because it's like it'd be too finniky for him. He didn't know there was a many He's played four hundred hours in this game. He just saw the mini map for the first time a few days ago because I told him, like, hey, Dad, go here on the many matters. What are you talking about, MANI map? It's like down there's like what's that? And it's like that's like he's never set a stamp. I kept trying to show him how to do the stamps, and like he refuses to go to the adventure log, so it's like he'll be like, I don't know what to do now I feel like I've seen the whole map and I was just like, Dad, look at this adventure log thing. These are all quests that if you hit a on it, it will put a blinking yellow dot on your map. And he just refuses to engage with that system any kind of map stuff.
Speaker 1: Imagine. Okay, So that would be funny then, because correct me if I'm wrong. In breath the while, you would see the yellow quest marker on the edge of the mini map, yeah, assuming you're not close to it. So that'd be funny for him because he would just see the yellow dot and walk toward it, not knowing how long it's going to take him. So it might be on the other side of.
Speaker 3: The mom but he won't even do that. He doesn't He ignores and dot.
Speaker 1: It would just be funny to see, like, yeah, he just sets off toward the yellow dot which is on the edge of the mini map, not knowing whether it's on the other side of the map or near him.
Speaker 3: I've tried. I've tried for many many years now, and it's just like, well, that's just not going to stick. He's gonna play it the way he wants to. But he enjoys it, so whatever we.
Speaker 1: Talked about that with it. That was an email question I don't know, five six episodes ago and someone's like, what's like a game you didn't realize you were playing incorrectly? And I think Kayla, it was her not having game mode on your deck. That is just wilfully ignoring super helpful and interesting things in Breath.
Speaker 3: Of the wif Yeah, it's like I don't like going to a place and talking to a bunch of fish people, but like it's gonna get me to a thing. That's like, it's gonna give me a helpful thing and progress the game. And it's like, he does not give me somebody to talk to a fish man. He's out, yeah some of that stuff like morphs hyral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna talk to any fish man.
Speaker 3: You know. When I started getting frustrated with him and telling him, like, Dad, I tell you this every year. It would make you so much, he was like, Dan, how many people my age? How many of your friend's dad do you think? Are I've ever like played Breath the Wild at all or would even like give it a shot?
Speaker 2: Or was like a lot of parents play Breath of the Wild.
Speaker 3: Sure, but I mean, you know, he's like, there's not a ton of guys his it, like in their sixties playing it or whatever, Like I can't think most of my friend's parents are playing, you know. And then I was like, all right, I guess I gotta give you a little credit there. And you are enjoying it and playing it, but it's like, man, you could make it so much easier for yourself.
Speaker 2: He's like adventurous and yet ridiculously stubborn. Yeah, he's somewhere in between where he's like, look at me branching out into youth stuff. I'm not opening up the fucking map. I'm walking four hours to pick up this apple like that.
Speaker 1: What Emoto made the first game about was like exploring the woods around his house near Kyoto and the yeah splunking and whatnot in the first one.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the stubborn stuff, the new dumb argument he has that he's dug his heels in all the way on is that he's like, I just don't get why there's all these voice actors and people will talk about them like they're actors, like they're acting, and what are you talking about? And he's like, yeah, they're not. They're talking it's not acting. It's like, well, no, you've probably heard the one where you were saying that Broadway performers aren't actors, they're performers, and so in his head it's like he says, you have to have a camera on you and you have to be pretending to be someone else to be acting, otherwise you're performing. Broadway people they're they're very talented, verier, but they're not actors voice actors. They're just talking, that's not They're just reading words off a script. And I was like, what douck inflection and notion and he just dug his heels in all the way. Like at family Christmas, I brought that and everybody in the family was like, Paul, you're being completely insane. He's like, it's just talking. It's just talking.
Speaker 1: I feel like like in many ways voice acting would be harder because you don't have visual aid. You have to convey everything through your voice. Right.
Speaker 2: You can't use your eyes. All you have.
Speaker 1: Is or your tears.
Speaker 2: You can't use any of the face. Name another one. You can't use your smile of your case.
Speaker 1: Actually today is kind of appropriate.
Speaker 3: Here's another one of those trips home, you know, and everything that comes with it.
Speaker 1: We stayed. We told both our sides of the family earlier this year that we were just going to stay for Thanksgiving and Christmas and enjoy. Ever since we got married or since we moved in here, we've been busy on the holidays. We're like, oh, we're going to enjoy it. And then Amanda got sick on the twenty third, so I mean, we're already going to be home, but then we were home way more than we planned. But I mean she she felt better recently before New Year's but like, all right, well, good thing we didn't travel anywhere because she was like violently I would say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, was it food poisoning?
Speaker 1: Doesn't No, sorry I shouldn't say violently. She was just like laid out on the couch for like like two like flu wise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just sounds like really yeah bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anytime it's violent, I'm like, you're pukin.
Speaker 1: Oh no, sorry, not violent like that, Like I just mean like it knocked her on her ass for a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was done. So that sucks. It sucks for that to happen over your break too, because you work so hard for it, right, Like Christmas break is so coveted. We were talking about this a little bit earlier, but it's just a lot of people are on the edge of burnout as they get into Christmas break. You really deserve that time, but for so many people because you're working so hard. As soon as you're on your break, it's almost like your body's like, am I allowed to finally be sick?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or when you're traveling and then you get sick right when you get home. That happens to me pretty often, Like it's just like, oh, you're in a safe spot and you can be sick now. I don't know what the actual physiology is behind it, but it's always bodies are crazy.
Speaker 2: I I my body knows when I can't poop my body. If like I'm on a hike, yeah, never.
Speaker 1: Get after you.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, sometimes people will be like we'll be at brunch or something. You'll be like, I gotta go, and it's just like that happens to so many people, not me. I my body won't allow me until I'm home, safe and sound. Then it'll be like it's time.
Speaker 1: House.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean at some point I have to. But what I'm saying is is like if I ever let's say, I'm trying to think of like I do, like an all day excursion somewhere. My body will just be like, Nope, you don't need to go. And then when I get home to the hotel and I'm alone, my body will be like it's time, but like it just knows not to do it in an unsafe out you know, outdoor experiences.
Speaker 1: No, No, I probably know, I definite shouldn't. It was on the same flight three times Minneapolis to our foot.
Speaker 3: No, Jill, you're in the cockpit.
Speaker 2: Someone's been in the mile.
Speaker 1: Fucking I'm the captain of that club. Baby.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've.
Speaker 1: Told you this. There's a there's a restaurant here you guys might have been to. It's called Anthony David's in my in Hoboken. But there's two bathrooms. One's really cool because the door looks like part of the wall, so we call it the secret bathroom. There's another one in the back, which is bigger. However, that bathroom kind of opens up. If you were to leave that bathroom, you're right amongst the tables basically. So uh, I always try not to go there because if I have to poop there, then it's gonna be pretty obvious that I pooped when I leave and there's people eating right near it.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's awful. So my body would be like no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: You can't. I had one of those terrible things where I was like, uh, I went into the bathroom and it already smelled, so the previous person like wrecked it. So I was hoping that no one was waiting when I came out, because then they would think it was me. So I opened the door and this was like New Year's Eve several years ago, and I and I had had a few drinks, so that definitely uh kind of added to this. And I opened the door and there was a woman standing there and I just like said her. I was like, that was the guy before me. They went back to the table. That's a weird thing to say. I should have just acknowledged. I should have just let it, let it go.
Speaker 2: You should have let That's funny though, because like, either you know, depending on how truthful you look, she's either like wow, well you know that was awkward, where she was like that son of a bitch just shiit and lied to my face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was I realized after I was like, it was kind of a lose lose to say anything, but I still did not want her to think that I pooped in the bathroom because I didn't.
Speaker 3: That time.
Speaker 1: That annoyed me. I didn't. Yeah, there's none other times I was be careful in there and then but yeah, and then I just got back to the table and I didn't see her the rest of the night. So that worked out.
Speaker 2: One time at a party, I was in a group of like five people work party. There's like work people, and someone farts and without hesitating, no, you could smell it, okay, and without hesitation. One of my coworkers was like, Mary, was that you? And I was like, first of all, I'm a victim. I am a victim like everybody else in this group. How dare you accuse me? And the more I defended myself, the more guilty I.
Speaker 1: Look, weird.
Speaker 3: Lines coming off.
Speaker 2: And try to tell them listen, you guys, I can't even poop in public places. My body won't allow it. There's no fucking way. I'm just like, I look guiltier the more I'm defending this. I can't believe I got like accused. It was a mess, and I think to this day, everyone's like, she did it. He's still out there, is all we know. A god damn bird.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's fucking he's on in the wind. One other story that reminds me of that you were talking about how like your body knows when you can't poop. It's like, you know how when you have to pee, the closer you get to the toilet, like the more you have to because again your body is like nose, you're about to really sell.
Speaker 3: Like also with poop. I feel that more. Oh really? Oh yeah, okay, I can feel like if I'm in my eyes detect a toilet, it could be like a you could print out a picture of toilet, show my brain and it would just start percolating like crazy.
Speaker 1: Detective toilet and just say, if I see a toilet, dam it's a weird way to.
Speaker 3: You can draw a toilet into a toilet. I just ship my pants all right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, one time, my buddy and I were driving back from a friend's house to his house, and he had to pee the whole drive, like half an hour back home, and the closer we got to the house, he had to pee more and more. And it was the middle of winter. In Syracuse, New York. So he like fucking koreems into his driveway, slams the brakes, puts the car in park, gets out of the car, immediately slips on some black ice, and pisses himself on the drive.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He's completely fine. Now, It's why I can laugh about it. Also, you guys have met him. I'm gonna say his name, but it was the I have never he pissed himself.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like as like Alex Navarro.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's my hometown friend. I felt so bad. But then when I saw these fine like later that day, I like just started laughing uncontrollably because he was completely fine. But yeah, he piss himself in the middle of winter.
Speaker 2: It was I mean, your body must be so confused. If you have to go that badly and you have like a violent act occur to you. I would also just be like, whatever, you know, I got bigger fish to fry. I might have a concussion. You're I'm pissing. I can understand my body wanting. They were like essentially letting one go.
Speaker 1: And also once you start pissing yourself, I feel like it's tough, like it it would hurt. Stop you're gonna do it?
Speaker 3: How much more damage can be done? You already got to change it.
Speaker 2: I only feed myself a little afterward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I don't know that for.
Speaker 2: He salted the driveway with his urine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have any transition for this. But we watched the entire True Detective season one today. We were talking about last night, and we went out for dinner last night, like a long dinner, and we were talking about True Detective night Country. We had not watched it, so we're like, oh, we should watch season one, And we watched the entirety of it today. That's how we spent New Year's Day. Oh yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Still. I remember thinking it was like a perfect season of television, and then a lot of very not perfect seasons of television.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I've tried really hard with season two several times, and then like the Cardinals and that one commits is just it's boring as fuck. Like it's also messy and inconsistent and the characters don't make sense, but like it's also just boring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the worst one by far. Three is serviceable for three? Is right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And if you're just about to start four. I won't say my thoughts on him, but yeah.
Speaker 1: We're gonna watch it regardless. But did you like it?
Speaker 3: Very strong setup and super does not stick the landing at all?
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Interesting is that the last one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Great performances.
Speaker 2: We've discussed this before. I liked it, Mike, some people and I disagree on it.
Speaker 1: We have talked about it. Yes, we're gonna watch it. I don't even I've still never seen three. The Marshall Ali one.
Speaker 3: It's fine, It's fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, but uh but yeah we watched that. I think we have one more episode of Pluribus or are they all out yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We're all out? Yeah.
Speaker 1: How divisive that show was?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should check out the Rotten Tomatoes, dude, because the critic is like ninety eight and the and the People, the Regular People is like forty something. It's nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like everybody I've talked to you either thinks it is a masterpiece of like TV writing. Other people are like, it's so fucking slow and dumb.
Speaker 3: Oh. I like it, but that's the argument. And I will not say any spoilers here at all. It reminds me of the first season Better Called Saul, where it's like it is slow. It is a slow burn for sure, but it is setting stuff up, and like I am very, very invested in seeing the season two of this, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, just like philosophically, it's hilarious once you're like really interesting, once you see like the implications of that premise, how you see how different survivors are dealing with it, it's really good. Also, fuck, Ria Seahorn's amazing. There's there's parts in that show where I'm like, I can't fucking hate her character, and like they could do a good job of making her like you kind of loathe her at certain points, but Ria Seahorns amazing, Like she's very good. I'm so glad she got like the starring role because she was amazing in Better Call Saul, and that's the only thing I've seen her in. I think, Yeah, no, that show's good. I think we're are they all out now the episodes?
Speaker 3: I think we're a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I think we're like two behind something like Okay, Yeah, I'm I really like that whole season a lot.
Speaker 2: I liked it too, and I think it's really reflective of the creator. One of the most coveted episodes of Breaking Bad critically was the fly episode, where it's some people are comparing this to that, which is like, these are long drawn out situations that help you to really understand a character, so that when shit really does start moving, you'll really fundamentally understand why the characters are doing what they're doing. She is very unlikable in the final episode, and I will not I will not spoil it, but I completely understand why some of the season is unliked because I think she's very unlikable, but she does a tremendous job and I do empathize with her. I spent like the whole next two days talking about what I would do if I got pluribist, And I actually really would like to ask you guys, what you would do if you got pluribist? If you had everybody else in the world is warped, right, They're all one of them. But you have agency, and you have all this power. You know, if you want money, if you want art, if you wanna see the bottom of the ocean, they're gonna help you do that. Like, what would you are.
Speaker 3: Removing good time from all the grief and awful stuff. If like our friends and family and loved ones all got joined, you know, if it was just purely.
Speaker 2: Yo, I can't separate the two. I will have to say that your family is all them. I will remove no one died in front of you. How about that?
Speaker 3: Okay? I mean I still think like that's the thing. If like my friends and family and loved ones were all joined, I think I would be fixating very much on like somehow getting them back to humanity, you.
Speaker 2: Know, all time and no point would you be like, I'm also gonna become a wrestling star and I get to fight.
Speaker 3: Have you seen blank check?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've seen blank How dare you shake your head?
Speaker 3: Mike, he's too young?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Is that the when the kid gets a blank check?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Thanks, I'm not the Christmas wish. I've seen blank check.
Speaker 3: No, it's just some other. When I saw blank check as a child, it was like, well, that's the template of like, that's the dream. That's the best thing. That you'd have a.
Speaker 2: Big party, you'd buy a mansion and fill it with ship.
Speaker 3: You have a slide that comes out of your window. You got a go Kurt thing, you got a boxing ring with the big inflatable boxing gloves.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that none of your ambitions have changed since you were seven?
Speaker 3: I think that's fairs is.
Speaker 1: The realizing in real as He says, Well.
Speaker 2: I've been plurvist. I'm really upset about my family and friends. But check out this sixth slide from my top phone.
Speaker 3: From my degree. I would be like if I have like two goals my entire life, It's like I got to figure out how to get paid to play video games, and I need to blank check myself. And I think if I got pluribist, I could that that's two for two. Yeah, it'd be very easy to blank check. Like that's better than blank check. Money doesn't even matter anymore.
Speaker 2: Number that you could check off your list, like think Like for me, I'd be like, listen, if I'm stuck in this situation, take me to all the craziest locations that are very difficult to travel to. Yes, cater to my every whim so that I'm safe, But I want to see like the depths of the jungle. I want to see like the craziest areas of Yeah, I want to see the taj Mahal. I want to see all these like show them all to me quickly and efficiently and safely so that I can like experience the entire world. It's so cool like that you could do that. I want a movie that I get to direct, and I'm gonna write it, and you guys have to make it good, and I want all the best writers working on it so that it's really awesome, and then I want you guys to like make it and then I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: Like everyone around you would be like Dinney Villanu and like the best cinematographers and the best writs are like you would always have to the greatest minds in everything, And I make cars.
Speaker 1: If they're that happy, like I feel like they lose their edge.
Speaker 2: Still, they are soft because they're all merged, right, So it's like who's arguing with each other? There's something to be said about that. Also, you're basically the law of the land, so no one's arguing with you. So you're wrong, right, Like let's say you're you write it and you write a piece of shit. No one's gonna be like this is bad. They're all gonna make your piece of shit garbage.
Speaker 3: And there's the best they can't get that matters.
Speaker 1: Discussions would be boring. Yeah, I would suck one of the if everybody was joined except one person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I don't want this to happen to be fair, but I would make most.
Speaker 1: You guys do want is to happen.
Speaker 2: Sounds like I love the idea of like us doing Game of the Year. We really like sectory.
Speaker 1: But the fuck, I'm just gonna say the name of the episode. I'm not gonna say what it's about. The Gap episode. Holy fuck, it's it's it's called the Gap. It's Mary. You just mentioned the jungle. That's what.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that one was really stressful.
Speaker 1: That reminded me of Do you guys ever watch The Leftovers? No, there's an episode similar. It's kind of like a Bottle episode where one character, Pastor Matt, Father Matt, Pastor Matt is trying to get back into this like post apocalyptic town and he just cannot get in. And it sounds like a very boring premise, but it's an incredible episode of TV. And then two other things quick. I finally watched One Battle after Another.
Speaker 3: That movie is awesome.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. It's streaming now.
Speaker 3: HBO.
Speaker 1: I think. Secondly, we watched Wake Up, Dead Man, The Knives Out the New I'm curious to watch. We watched it. We have watched it twice since it went that much. Well, okay, we watched it once. We're like, holy shit, that was amazing. And then was it Christmas?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite?
Speaker 4: Order?
Speaker 2: There's three.
Speaker 1: We watched all three. We watched one and two again and then watch a third one.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes to to anytime there's involved him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm one three in real life movies.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know about him.
Speaker 1: You might want to beat that Jake that spoiled the movie.
Speaker 3: Well, I forgot about.
Speaker 1: I know. Yeah, I don't like stupid. Okay, here's my theory about right, here's my Here's okay. I think Ryan Johnson clearly is capable of making good movies. I also think if you look at his entire film catalog, it's just him trying to not get canceled every movie he makes. It's just very very like, it seems very aware. This is I mean, I'm joking mainly, but like it's just funny because like the last Jedi Glass Onion is very on the nose with some of It's like it feels like someone was cruising like Subreddit and saw the things that could get someone like canceled and just say you think he's too woke, Yeah, he's too Last Jedi fucking sucked joking. I like Last Jedi, Loton.
Speaker 2: Last Jedi. Okay, So I like one the most. I think three is good, and I did not like two at all. I think three is good. I had a couple issues in my opinion. I don't think it's as good as one. I think one is god damn perfect. I think it's phenomenal. But three, Dan I think he would like three. It's like a really cool premis.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about it. I don't even think I really know the cast. I think I watched the trailer.
Speaker 1: Josh Brolin, Josh, did you see Challengers Luga Guanino's tennis movie.
Speaker 3: Josh, I will see it probably in the next, like month or two.
Speaker 1: I like it a lot. It's small town central New York. It's shot in Essex in the UK.
Speaker 2: But it's not like a good murder plot too, of like, how did they do it? It seems impossible.
Speaker 1: The characters are also talking about like religion and belief and faith in a way that is not like up its own ass. Like it's actually like Ben wi Blanc and obviously he's back. But Josh Berlin, oh my god, Josh Berlin's character was making me laugh so hard. I texted Dan just to see if he had seen it, because I feel like there's a scene where when Josh Berlin does confession Mary. This first one a little, but like as he keeps talking, it just gets funnier and funnier.
Speaker 2: Those are good scenes. Yeah, it's I think you'd like it, Dan, I recommend the third one. I think two was so off putting. A lot of people are like that series is dead to me. But the third one is I think worth watching and is quite entertaining. Yeah, one is still the best.
Speaker 3: That'll be short list for us. We uh, we just did a two fer of the Sandler drama movies. We watched Uncut Gems and Punch Drunk Love. Nice and I had seen both of them before, but it's interesting. It's like Punch Drunk Love I still think is really really good. There's not as much there as something like an uncut Gym's it's like and also Sammer's character Sack.
Speaker 2: It's so dewey. It's the most dewey film.
Speaker 3: Why I don't understand, Like I hear people all the time say Uncut Gyms like, oh, it gives me anxiety to watch it. It's like I'm like, mister anxiety. In every fucking second of Uncut Gyms, I'm just like, yes, yes, more of this, don't keep going.
Speaker 2: Well, have you heard of Marty Supreme, because that's the same guy.
Speaker 3: It's the Saffie Brothers or just one of them, just one of them, Josh said, the one. This one did because I saw.
Speaker 2: Marty Supreme over the week and uh oh it's the same baby. It's like the whole Yeah, it's like the whole time. I'm like, there's I think like halfway through the film, I was like my heart was like starting to explode out of my chest because it has something Uncut Gems doesn't. So Uncut Gems. You're watching basketball and you're stressed because there's heavy betting going on, and you know that if he doesn't, you know, if the basketball doesn't do good, he's probably gonna get like his knee caps broken or something. In Marty's Supreme, he's ping ponging and so the whole time. There's also stressful stuff going on in his life, which is like also very exciting and exhilarating, but just the sports alone, he's fucking putting everything on these games. He's putting his whole like life on the line for these games, and he's he's like a bit of a schmoozer and a gambler, and he's like doing all these terrible things, and every time he pingpongs, You're like, God, I hope he can hit the ball right. And it's going so fast. It's a really stressful film, and I mean that in the best way. I think it's fantastic. I really do so stressful. I don't think I blinked. I was so when the movie was over, I felt like I could finally breathe.
Speaker 3: Okay, I I had no idea it had that same. In fact, I think I just recently learned it was one of the saftews that made it so like I didn't really know anything about it. Maybe all Uncut Gems.
Speaker 2: Walk so Marty Supreme could run it is. It is very intense, and you can almost feel the lessons that they learned from Uncut Gems in it. Like it's interesting how it, I think is better. I think it has a really really strong acting is fantastic. But I think it's got really good characters in it, except for unfortunately all of the women. That's really dude, those directors. Every time there's a woman in any of those movies, they're like, I want to sleep with you or I'm a terrible, terrible person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, none of them.
Speaker 2: Passed the basche time.
Speaker 1: While I'm opining about what directors. I don't think either of the Safti brothers has had sex before. They make incredible movies, but there.
Speaker 3: They will after Mario Galaxy movie comes out, because he's Bowser Junior and.
Speaker 1: Is Benny Safty Bowser Junior.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Really, Yeah, it was a whole thing because like the tray, we did a watch over the trailer and uh Minati had never heard of the Safti brothers and how do you Yeah, I don't know, I tes to.
Speaker 1: Do you guys? See good Time?
Speaker 3: Yes, that was there.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know if it was their first movie, but it was earlier.
Speaker 3: Robert Pattinson one, Yeah, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: Also, the same thing. They're just making movies about someone who's in a crazy situation that can only.
Speaker 2: Be crazy stressful.
Speaker 3: But he's like, yeah, I kind of feel like, you know, like with horror. I wonder if this analogy is going to work. You know, like horror movies don't like you know, some people like if you're playing a horror game, it's way scarier to you than a horror movie. Is horror movie, you can be passive, you can cover your eyes, but in a resideval game, mister X burst through the door. You've got to deal with it. You got to get out of there, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's like these movies like Uncut Jim, don't make me anxious because it's like, this isn't something that's happening to me. I Am watching this happen on the screen, and like, I know, there's no threat here. It's just like your associapathe.
Speaker 1: You don't have any empathy. Is that no, I'm joking. When you said that out loud, it's like, no, it's you're fine because you don't have empathy. End.
Speaker 2: I wonder there's a there's a scene I will like to ask you this question next time after you've seen Marty Supreme. There is a scene and I will not I will not discuss it at all about you. But when you see the movie, I will say, was there a scene in which you got severely anxious? And I'd like to know. I'll feel any is an iconic scene in it.
Speaker 3: I don't think any scene in any piece of fiction ever has made me anxious.
Speaker 1: Were you comfortable during the firecracker, drug scene and Buggie Knights?
Speaker 3: I thought it was awesome? That is so yeah, because not real.
Speaker 2: So it's like this neither is mister x.
Speaker 1: Nothing, But.
Speaker 3: Like I do feel it with like a resnel or something. It's like I have to fucking I have much ammo. I need to get the fuck out of here. I don't have any You have.
Speaker 2: Agencies it because like you are deciding what happens to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where It's like if it's a movie or something, you're always saved.
Speaker 1: I guess this doesn't I guess you said you've never like cried at a movie before?
Speaker 3: Right? There was a one time in Creed three, but I think it was because I reb buffalo sauce in my eyes and I was high.
Speaker 1: Probably the last there was.
Speaker 3: I thought there was one thing where I almost cried or teared up in a movie that we recently csily not fiction movies, like, yeah, not fiction, just a sound stage. It didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Oh God, Save the Private Ryan. You didn't cry.
Speaker 3: No, that movie is one of my favorite movies of all time. I've seen it numerous times. I haven't cried. I mean that didn't happen. The war happened.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 3: But like shooting at the tank at the end of Orphan an old Man didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Old Holocaust and I are Dan speaking of anxiety attacks in movies. Uh, Saving Private Ryan? Actually, I get pretty anxious when the scene where he the dude could save the guy from being stabbed, but he just he's he seized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too scared.
Speaker 1: That scene is rough when the when the dude finally realizes he actually lost and is about to get.
Speaker 3: It's a very, very anxiety. It's like the feeling I feel like in that scene is dressed. This would suck, This would suck. This one.
Speaker 1: That's rough.
Speaker 2: It's just sitting there eating popcorn going sucks for them. No, no, yeah, not their performers.
Speaker 3: I was a film Major.
Speaker 2: Award.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, one batt left another. Oh last thing that fucking pissed me off last night while we were waiting for friends to arrive. We were sitting at the bar and I asked the man. I was like, hey, I've never had have you seen the show Search Party?
Speaker 2: Ooh?
Speaker 1: She's like, no, what's it about. I told her it's Michael Showalter. It was David Wayne involved as well. So the Wet Hot The Wet Hot Guys made a show four seasons and here's the premise of the first one. Five seasons, and I told her. I was like, if you watch the if you were to watch the first episode and then the finale, you would be like, how the fuck is this the same show? So I was like, we should watch that soon. It was an HBO.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 1: It was fun to like it was made for HBO. So I went to HBO. It's not there. I was like, interesting. So Amanda looks it up on DECIDERR. It's like, oh, it's on Hulu. So I get to Hulu and it's locked because it's it's only available on HBO via Hulu the add on. But it's not on HBO even though it's available on HBO via Hulu. It's the stupidest fucking thing. I hate this streaming culture that we like. I don't want to sound like an old man, but I fucking hate it. It's so stupid, it's it's the dumbest shit ever. I mean, Cable wasn't perfect, but at least it was. No, no, no, no, I'm not saying I want to go back to that. I just like it was so annoying to me, Like that was the most dystopic thing, dystopian thing ever. But anyway, I want to watch. If you have not watched Search Party, it's well worth watching. No one ever talks about on Yeah, if you have.
Speaker 2: The HBO on. I watched all the Austin Powers. Actually I didn't. I didn't watched the third. I watched the first day and the second one. I was hoping that they would, uh you know, they would, they would make it in this new era, and uh, I think they survived. I think they're still.
Speaker 1: Funny, still way too hot, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Christ smoking hot, both of them. It's just incredible the caliber of women they have on these movies. Looking at Austin Power's teeth, it's really it's it's very The naked jokes are great. I mean they really work.
Speaker 3: I still think about the joke when he gets unfrozen and they're taking all of his ship out and giving him his personal effects back, and he's like, oh, one Swedish made a penis and larger pump. But he's like, this sort of thing isn't my bag baby. It's like one book Swedish made penis and larger pumps, and me, this sort of thing is my bag baby. By Austin Powers. That is such a fucking funny.
Speaker 2: That's a good joke. And he's like, I'm being set up. Let's go. And then he comes back with the box and he's like, put it in, put it in, and he uses it to kill a guy later in the movie. Yeah, a guy like is choking him and she throws him the penis pump and he and he pumps his penis to get out of the choke hold. It comes back.
Speaker 3: I was thirteen when that came out. I think it was ninety seven, and I'm seeing in the theaters. I think I saw it by myself, and I was so excited about it. I don't know if I've ever laughed harder than that peeing scene when he gets unfrozen, so evacuation, evacuation shaken. It was just the funniest. Oh yeah, he's been frozen for thirty years, but he has to be real bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good. I gotta watch that again. Wait, was that was that the first one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Second?
Speaker 3: First one?
Speaker 1: Okay, first one the Spy Shagged Me. I thought that was the first that the first first Powers International Memnistry and Powers, then Spy Shagged Me and then Austin Powers and gold Member. What's the what's what's your favorite?
Speaker 3: I feel like the first one is. I mean, I think I think it's uh what's the word for diminishing returns Bank? And I watched the randomly watched gold Member years ago.
Speaker 2: Uh was the weakest. It was pretty still because they have to rehash a lot of the jokes. The second one has a great uh shadow scene, which I think is really similar to the police movie Ones right where you're like, it's it's all like a joke of whether or not they're having sex or not.
Speaker 3: She's like hammering something into his asshole, a racket.
Speaker 2: And it looks like she's putting a racket in his butt. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: And there's the thing with the rocket taken off. It looks like it's Johnson and like you know all those yes, you know one.
Speaker 1: Of my fa favorite bits in that whole trilogy. It's so fucking stupid. I think it's gold Member. Uh, what's the character is? Like, I'm from Holland. Isn't that weird? I think about that a lot. It's the stupidest bit.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: But but yeah, Dan, you should check out Wake Up dead Man and Marry we.
Speaker 2: All we all have a couple of things on our docket.
Speaker 1: Do you want to talk about video games?
Speaker 3: Sure? Mary?
Speaker 1: Did you like my response to your Instagram story with Akarina in it? Do you remember what it was? I just said this game. I just said this game sucks, honestly, favorite.
Speaker 2: I brush off when you do stuff like that because you do it so often to me, I don't even like it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Pick my battles more than.
Speaker 2: You know, you no longer get a rise out of me because most of the time, like if I take a selfie and I know what looks good, you usually will be in the comments being like you look like ship, like.
Speaker 1: You've done that you do?
Speaker 2: You will say like who cares? Whatever?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I'll say whatever you're in there being like you know ky.
Speaker 1: S yeah, yeah, yeah, it was killer. I not say that, I say whatever with this heresy, No.
Speaker 2: You neg me, and so like, I get really adjusted when you're in the comments, uh, saying something opposite from how you feel. I don't get upset because I'll be like, that must be the opposite of how you feel.
Speaker 1: It really pains me to hear that it does not have an effect on you anymore.
Speaker 3: Do you think who's the least and most predictable person here?
Speaker 2: That's hard. It depends on what. Like if it's food related. Uh, well, actually you're both. You're both really predictable. I'd be like this guy re heats taco but and I'd be like, this guy is having some kind of cornish hen with some kind of like forty year old fucking boujeol. That sounds great, I know, shits on on cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a predictable person. Fucking shit.
Speaker 2: I think it really does depend based on the scenario. I could tell you what I think each of you would do, and I think i'd be fairly. But we know each other. We've been doing this for so long. I think there's like an element of it where I just like I've come to learn things that I think are habitual about both of you maybe based on like just how consistent Dan's life is, you might be the more predictable person because you very rarely do predictable. Yeah, yeah, you have a predictable life like you You're going to be Yes, you're going to be on the Giant bomb, You're gonna Dan addicted, You're you're gonna want to watch TV.
Speaker 1: And you have carefully crafted a life for yourself. And this is as much a compliment as an insult to prepare yourself for both.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I think you have carefully crafted a life in which everything is as caters to your interest as possible every moment of the day. I feel like you're not uncomfortable often. No, yeah, I know. I just don't think you put yourself in uncomfortable situations that much anymore.
Speaker 3: But as far as predictability and stuff like, I'm willing to, like on a whim all go you know, to fly to a country I've never been too, or jump out of a plane or something, and it's like, I'll, uh, you do some You're not always I think I'm adventurous.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, I can see part of that.
Speaker 3: I think so right.
Speaker 2: I don't think you turn things down. You know, traveling and stuff like that. I think you.
Speaker 1: Are You're still I'm not saying you're like you're a hermit. I'm saying I do think you put have put a lot of effort into crafting a life that I mean, everybody does the.
Speaker 2: Same, Isn't that's a goal though, Like, I think my life is extremely comfortable for me as well, and that is fully intentional. That all the things that I do are because I want to do them. It's probably one of the reasons, like none of us had children, were all like we right, we are prioritizing our own extreme comforts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but is that the same as predictability though, I mean like points.
Speaker 1: My point, like, I think we know what you like to do, and thus I can probably predict what you would want to do tomorrow unless you would do it. It's like there's my roundabout way of saying that. I think Dan's the most predictable, but I also think I'm pretty predictable.
Speaker 3: I think we all might be kind of around the same because it's very clear what all of our interests are and how we like to spend our time. I think all three of us it's very clear for sure. Like it's like every time I see you in my stories, Like you know, I'm like, okay, it's going to be a wine thing, and it's always wine.
Speaker 2: Dinner is something just dinner that him could marry my.
Speaker 3: Dog sucking dog or you're playing a switch on top of a mountain or somethink all of us. Yes, And then there's some caption like.
Speaker 2: That's so true. Yeah, and it has some like really not humble caption.
Speaker 1: Merry story. Recently, I'm like, oh great, here's another fucking eighty minute meta glasses video of nothing happening. Can't wait as long as we're just insaulting each other. There was, you know, I think it was a few weeks ago. I saw it and I said out loud to him, man, I'm like, what the fuck am I? Why did I watch that whole thing? It's just like autumn core vibes.
Speaker 2: It is autumn core. Yeah. The meta glasses get you because you take these like sixty second long videos of nothing and then you're like, no, itter, stitch these together and post them, and then schlups watch the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just hoping for some dog. But I don't think I post much except unless it's wine or something. I cook these days, or like or cats cat stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see Boss on your stories a lot, Dan, that's pretty consistent, photogenic.
Speaker 3: I feel like the most.
Speaker 2: Interesting animal in your house.
Speaker 3: The most unpredictable Boss is definitely the most cats. Just cats in general. I think Gizmo is extremely predictable in razors psychopathy.
Speaker 1: I think dogs. People like dogs in large part because they're predictable. Government PM, it's time for my razor gizmo.
Speaker 3: Do no you did you predicts gonna buy any foottholl? Do you know more? No that I would not.
Speaker 1: I would not more.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 2: I guess send money on that and it's got like a hand that's falling off, and you're like, I know how to fix it with more ugly ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that person also would not have a grimlin in the on the floor.
Speaker 2: That's extremely predictable.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Did I know it would be a xeno morph?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Did I know you would spend money on some stupid ship?
Speaker 1: Yes, As a woman who had three sec TVs buckled into her car on the way.
Speaker 2: Up, valuable resale, they have they have valuable for so.
Speaker 3: In nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: It's falling start you got swindled brook.
Speaker 3: No, it's a tremendous shape for when it was made. Yeah, that's ninety, that's thirty four one.
Speaker 2: It looks like a man in a suit. The shoulders are off.
Speaker 3: He has good posture.
Speaker 2: No, it's been constructed.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 2: You got the you got the wringer, you got the black sheep of the Zeno morph.
Speaker 3: No, you show me another one of these.
Speaker 2: One was made by Uncle Gary in a garage. There's something weird with him.
Speaker 3: No, greats are weird.
Speaker 1: That's the first one they made, and then Ridley Scott regular.
Speaker 2: From this one.
Speaker 1: It's appous, look dangerous? Were you trying to trial? Oh? Specifically was made.
Speaker 2: By his cousin, Jackie Geiger. She didn't know a lot about it, hot gluing it.
Speaker 1: That's even weirder that it was made five years after the movie.
Speaker 3: But I mean, they make stuff for movies like that right when it comes out. You know, Yeah, I guess you could buy a Terminator skeleton that was made this year. I'm sure you know?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah? But Mary, did you finish Akarina?
Speaker 2: I am on the final.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. I want to say, people wonder why we don't well, I mean there's numerous reasons we don't have chapter markers, mainly because I'm lazy, but b people are like, how the funk would we chapter mark anything we talk about? Right, It's like, Okarina for ten seconds and then it's fucking gremlins and weird predictability.
Speaker 3: Married to the beat ocrena of time. I'm like an next to a waterfall.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you Mary?
Speaker 1: Can you on a boat? Did you record your entire play through with the meadow glasses and post.
Speaker 2: If I did, watched it and then blained about it eighty times?
Speaker 1: Did you finish are?
Speaker 2: Though I have not finished it, I'm very close. I've done all the six uh Medallions is that what they're called. I've gotten all of the Medallions, and I'm in the castle, which is so interesting. It's not Gannon's Castle, it's Gannon Dwarf. I'm learning a lot.
Speaker 1: So spoilers Gannon's Castle, though I thought I thought the splash.
Speaker 2: Better than I do.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's like.
Speaker 2: It looks ridiculous. This is my first time fully completing this, which is important and something I didn't realize I should have done ages ago.
Speaker 1: No one told you that Acarina time was good.
Speaker 2: Everybody tells me it's good, and it's like the number one game that everybody plays on awesome games done quick. I've seen people play this game. I know this game very well. Have I beat this game from beginning to end?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, I should have. I should have done this, And so I just kind of sat down and really got to appreciate all of the intricacies of why this game is so phenomenal and everybody is obsessed with it. That's awesome, it is very good.
Speaker 1: Wait, so oh shit, this is really fun because now I can ask you questions like fresh, sure, I don't know the last time I talked to someone who had not played it.
Speaker 3: Wait, where are you're playing this on legitimate sixty four? Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm playing it on Nintendo sixty four on a thirteen inch.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah, Oh so you get like you actually the iron boots are on the equipment screen, not the item screen.
Speaker 3: Had done?
Speaker 1: Did the water temple annoy you? Mary?
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to ask, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The water temple is annoying. And I was really trying to not do this with a guide. What ended up happening is is I have I had friends with me in the cabin, and anytime I got stuck, they would very politely be like, Hey, wasn't it cool when you filled the water that one of the floaters floated up. That's really cool, right, And they were hinting to me without telling me what to do, which I really appreciate. I do want to give it a yeah, like that was a really nice to have instead of a guide that literally said you got to go back down one of those holes. Now. I had friends that would casually say, hey, didn't you just get like fire on a and then air out? That's crazy, And I'd be like, oh my god, I used a fire, you know, to get all the enemies. At the same time, like I was constantly being given little delicate hints to continue on. I found the Water Temple to be frustrating. I I'm trying to think. I don't think it was my most frustrated. I did not like the Halloween Town dungeon the most shadow.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't like it the one we go down to the well bottom of the well or Shadow Temple both.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they're both annoying. But the Shadow Temple is annoying because you have to use these eyes the whole time, and you need the lens of truth.
Speaker 1: To me, yeah, it's a magnifying. It's like a magnifying.
Speaker 2: I found that one to be the least inspiring, I guess is what I was. Oh, I hate those hands, Yeah, and they're creepy. And then the mummies that they screated, Yeah, those are weird.
Speaker 1: I used to like the Shadow Temple. I used to say it's my favorite, like that. That dungeon is really just a cool aesthetic to me. But it's not the most interesting dungeon. Like a lot of the puzzles are like, oh, the huffer boots will get you an extra few over that ledge so you barely reach out, so it's.
Speaker 2: Such a bare end and you're spen and sliding all over the place. You gotta take them off anytime you're fighting someone. So that's been kind of irritating, the thing that pissed me off about the Shadow Temple. And I'll remember this forever and maybe you guys will be like, I remember when this happened to me. But the very beginning of the Shadow Temple, you're in this you go downstairs and you're in this cage and you can't you can see maybe like a very end of the temple, but you can't get out. You're in a cage, so you got to go back up. You go through like a hundred different rooms to finally get to the outside of this cage, which is so cool and you're looking at it and it's so neat. I climb up the stairs to get into this like original cage that I was in at the beginning of the temple, and I keep going up, can't get back down. I had to do the whole temple and go through all the doors all over again. It's like a bit of a I don't know, it's just like a ketcha you know, gotcha? Now you have to go through all the rooms again. Kid, that kind of has There's been a couple times and irritated. I found the handboss really irritating. I didn't like those didn't like that guy.
Speaker 3: Do you like the twin?
Speaker 2: I liked the witches because I I think that they gave me enough hints. Multiple times I attacked someone and they were like, just so you know, you got to get the sisters to attack each other. And I was like, I'll log that away, like I don't need a loe. I just need someone to give me a tiny little hint in the game, and if you talk to the characters, they'll tell you how to beat everything. As long as you're talking to the townspeople, a game's not that hard.
Speaker 3: We're just navvy, just walking onto something, and.
Speaker 2: She's helpful as well.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite dungeon child or adult?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. I think the music in Grudo is phenomenal, like.
Speaker 1: The like the acoustic Spanish guitar.
Speaker 2: In din In din In.
Speaker 3: But that's why I don't. I don't love that.
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, it's so funny you say that I don't like that either, but I think atmospherically that is my favorite. Uh, it's really neat. There was this time where I had my horse and there's a bridge but it's not complete, and I thought to myself, like, I could probably use my boots, like I could probably like maybe jump across or something. But then I was like, they wouldn't make it so that I could jump this with my horse, would they? And I fucking jumped across this bridge with my horse. And I don't know why I've never seen this in a in an awesome games done quick playthrough or whatever. But I feel like I was the first person to figure that out.
Speaker 3: I felt awesome doesn't have a camera cut and stuff. It'smatic as fun.
Speaker 1: Well, what's funny if you only ever watched that game through good Games Done quick? They do the clip from the Decu tree to Gannon's castle, so you're not right, which is funny, like a.
Speaker 3: Queen Goma fight and you can like backflip a wall or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all cheating that games, which is going up to Gannondo.
Speaker 1: If memory serves the spirals three, that's awesome too. And you hear him upstairs playing the organ.
Speaker 3: And it gets louder and louder as you're going to the biggest fuck.
Speaker 1: The fact that that game ninety seven ninety eight, The fact that like just to get like geeky about, like the fact that in the Shadow Temple, which I agree, I don't think it's the best design temple, I just like it because like at a certain point you're literally crossing like the river the equivalent of the river sticks on the boat, and then you get to yeah, that's like, yeah, the symbolism and all that's amazing, But yeah, replaying that game, I go back and forth in the Water Temple. I'm not one of the people who says it's actually the best one. There's people who do that, and I that insane.
Speaker 3: I also think the myth of the Water Temple, like the it's just it's the worst thing ever. It's like, no, it's kind of annoying. It's like the core mechanic is annoying. The three D your.
Speaker 2: Boots on and awful lot is like a.
Speaker 3: Little irritating, Mary. I don't know if you ever played the three DS remake, it is tremendous, and it also does stuff where it's like on the bottom screen of the three DS you can just tap to like equipment and equipped the boots, and they made the In.
Speaker 1: The original the boots were on your equipment screen, which was separate from the item equipped screen. So in the three DS version, Mary, you can assign the boots to a sea button. Yeah, okay, instead of instead of pressing pause to like I don't know, jumping in mid air and then I would always jump and then in midair pause put the boots on, so I sank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the water spent a lot of time. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Water Temple does stuff where it's like, okay, there's the crystal or whatever you hit to raise and lower the water, It'll have like a colored line like okay, here's a pink line that goes from the switch to where the water level will go to. So it's just so much clearer where it's like, Okay, if I need the water to be there, I hit that thing. You know, it's the three DS thing is upgrade in like every.
Speaker 2: Way I did suffer with uh, the way that they do it. I just never really understood what water level I was supposed to have at any given time. Yeah, so I'd be like, well, I guess I'll put it in middle. Okay, it's not here, I'll put it. One of the reasons I have not beaten this game yet, and I've been playing this since the twenty third of December, so I've had well over a week where I've been playing this every evening. I put a lot of hours in this game is because I think certain temples don't respect my fucking time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they make me go through the temple like six times. Am I irritated about it? No, it's my Christmas fucking break. I'm having a great time. I'm having a great time. Is it time consuming? Yes, like I'm spending hours raising and lowering water.
Speaker 1: You know, I wish I could go back. I wish I could like erase that game from my memory and play it again for the first time, because I've played it so many times, Like I can't put myself in a position where I don't know like how to defeat the post sisters in the Forest Temple, or I don't know exactly where the crack in the wall is in the Water Temple where it's gonna get me that next key I need. Like, that's really cool that you played it for the first time. I'm like, kind of I'm jealous and that's crazy. But did you like last question? Each of the temples when you're an adult has like a mini dungeon leading up to it. Yeah, did you have a favorite one there?
Speaker 2: Trying to think of all of the different mini ones they had.
Speaker 1: I think because the Forest Temple, it's basically just like I guess it's the Lost Woods Labyrinth. I'm trying to remember it because you for Forest.
Speaker 2: I loved the Labyrinth, but it was fun figuring out that it was audio based. I liked that it was like, oh, there's music coming from these holes, so you go to the music. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: I like's of the Sacred Forest Grotto.
Speaker 2: I think it's the.
Speaker 1: The big Moblins. I think they're actually just called them moblins, but they.
Speaker 3: They slammed the ground.
Speaker 1: And then there's the ice Cavern, which is before the water Temple Fire temple. Fun, what are you doing in the fire Temple?
Speaker 2: I liked. I liked the ice a lot music.
Speaker 1: There's awesome, like it sounds like they were like it's it sounds icy like. There were sounds like playing like a xylophone on like diamonds or something.
Speaker 2: It had a cool puzzle. There was a cool puzzle in the ice area with this cube and you had to push it against certain things to get it to land where you needed.
Speaker 3: It to be, like the silver rupees, right, like, don't you need to get like five silver rupees to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I liked all the little bonus areas as well, of like, hey, do this archery test to get a quarter of a heart. There was one that was it kind of looked like bowling, but you you have to use bomb choose to get yeah, and I got. I got all those. I've enjoyed the mini games and things like that. There's been a lot of aha moments. I think the first time I can't uh I was a kid and I became an adult. I just went, oh, this is why everyone fucking loves this game. He's like, yeah, where sucks now? Yeah, the Village Square is crazy, only so undest.
Speaker 1: They just such a good job making the world feel so much like horrific more horrific. I like the Grudo Fortress quite a bit, even with the stealth stuff. Once you get past that and you're fighting everybody but.
Speaker 2: Ladies, it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The the Spirit Temple is so fucking red because you actually have to do part of the temple as a child early on, then part as an adult, which is awesome.
Speaker 2: That is neat, I will say. I think sometimes you have these wonderful rose colored glasses cause you have like all these good memories with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was actually pretty fucking irritated getting to that temple the first time and being like, where's the door and there's just a tiny little hole, and I'm like, I do this as a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of don't love that either.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing. I think there was like a pall in me where I was like walk all the way fucking back, and then half the time I would be there and I'd be like, oh right, I could fucking warp. I would forget. I would forget that I have these speed things. So I was sometimes I was like wasting my own time?
Speaker 1: Was that the first instance of fast travel?
Speaker 3: I can't be the first.
Speaker 2: This game invented like a hundred different I think it was the first. It had fucking fishing, you guys.
Speaker 3: The fishing. That was awesome. I love that.
Speaker 2: It's like the first game with fishing.
Speaker 1: I swear I remember the call it like Z targeting is what they called. That was the whole game for them when they were making Yeah, first.
Speaker 2: Time, I lating, but good for them. I feel like I can't ever lock in the way I want to.
Speaker 3: But whatever, did you think it looks like the windmill guy was whacking off into that box?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? The guy was like, I like it when I goes to my really cast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only get off to that song.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was cool to Okay.
Speaker 1: That was also really fucking cool when he's like, years ago, this fucking kid came in played this goddamn song and then you're like, I wonder who that kid was, and then you see him again as a care.
Speaker 3: Like, oh it was me.
Speaker 1: It was the most like Prisoner of Azkaman fucking interstellar moment. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: There's so many like aha moments. I as an adult, I ran into a what are they called scarecrow and he was like, I'd never forget a song. And I was like, oh my god, if I go here as a kid, he'll know a song. And it was really neat to see that come full circle. There was a lot of things I did as an adult that when I came back, I was like, oh my god, as a kid, that'll be so cool. I planted a seed as a kid, and then as an adult, I was like, what the fuck. It's like a whole plant that like takes me places. How cool is that? None of this stuff is in a G A GDQ. These guys are missing half the game. I don't even know why they're playing it the way they're playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: They're trying to get through it as fast as they can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the fuck? Awesome? Awesome games done. I don't know what the end of that joke is. Let's move on Dan. What he be playing?
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting what Mary was saying about, like, you know, over the holidays, like you have your Holiday break game and things like that, and I think that that is a great time to go back to an old classic because it's most of the big releases are out at that point, you've probably played through the stuff that you want to play through from that year for Game of the Year discussions, and so I did the exact same thing. I so Mario Galaxy two has the only star in a Mario game I've never gotten, and because I always hundred percent Mario games over and over and over again. But when it first came out, I played through it, and if you remember, you get all one hundred and twenty stars, and then they populate all the levels with like you know, green stars, usually two or three of them, and so you can get up to two hundred and forty and then there's a final level called the Perfect Run, and you can beat it for one star and then it's like all right, well for the comet to show up. For you to get the bonus star, you have to get like nine nine and ninety nine star bits. And the first time I was playing through it, I just thought starbugs were like this thing that you just like could shoot willy nilly to kind of like you know, distract enemies and stuff like that or stun them. So I was not like saving up starbits really and I was like, god damn, I don't want to fucking grind ten thousand star bits to get one last star I already beat the game, and then I did the super beat the game thing and then it's just like, Okay, this one last thing is fine. I can live without doing it. And I never played it again past that. I love the game, but just never played it again. And so since they put it out on Switch Too, I was like, all right, well, now's the time I should finally go through it. So yeah, took me like maybe twenty five or a little more hours, but I did everything, and now it's like there's just obvious ways to grind Starbirds. There's like I did a stream where I was just grinding Starbirds and then I unlocked that final level and I didn't realize it was like these were three D Mario games post Galaxy Too, if kind of always had like a super bullshit hard final thing, like Odyssey three D World had like you know, Champions Road, like these really fucking tough levels and this is insane. It's just this huge gauntlet of platforming and combat. You have one health, so anything touches you, you die. There's also a million places you can fall and die immediately. There are zero checkpoints, so it is just is.
Speaker 2: This so mean?
Speaker 3: Because I think it's like I think Mario games three D. Mario games have always been amazing at like, look, if you want to just beat the game, you can beat Mario sixty four with a handful of stars or whatever, and then but like, if you want to be a sicko about it, you get all these and then as they progress, it's like, okay, so like you can beat the game, and then you can really beat the game. And then if you're a fucking psycho about this, here's the crazy last thing you can do. And I always love doing the crazy last thing. So I had never done this before, and I was on stream and I did the grinding and everything. I got all the star bits. It's like, well, okay, now just get the last star, the last star I've never gotten before, and holy shit, it was hard. It was like, I'm very good at Mario games, but I died. I think I know. I died like forty plus times something like that might have been like forty five or something like that. But super satisfying. I mean, it's it's well designed. It's just incredibly brutal as difficulty.
Speaker 1: Did you beat it?
Speaker 3: I did? I did, And what's it?
Speaker 1: I just want to look it up on YouTube.
Speaker 3: I'm like, uh, the perfect run, but it's not the initial one because the initial one has checkpoints and not as many enemies and stuff. So it's the first I think I beat it the first time without the bullshit comet difficulty one or whatever. So super love that. And yeah, Galaxy two, it's it's awesome on the switch, you know, the with the pro controller, all the the motion stuff is great. I played a lot on planes and you know, detached the joy cons and using it like a we mode and pointing the star bits and all that stuff. So oh, that shit's great. It's a tremendous game. So yeah, I still have a few days left of Winter Break, so I finished Galaxy two, and then, as Mary did, I went back to a Zelda game and Link between Worlds is one that so good. Such a game, it's incredible. It's the only ten I ever gave a review for game and Former and I played through it four times when it first came out, like I beat it. Then I did it on whatever master mode. Then I did it with one hundred percent, like getting every heart and everything, and then I just did it again, like back to back to back to back. I've never done a game like that, and I haven't played it really since then. And so now I've got the A Y N Thor, which is that like you know emulation device that has two screens, and it's like, well, this is the perfect fucking way, Like there are ways to emulate Link between Worlds, you know, on a computer, and it's like, oh, I click R three and it switches to the bottom screen, but it's not the same, you know, like you want to be able to like touch the bottom screen and play it like you remember it. And the AY and Thor is fantastic for that, and that screen is beautiful. You're playing like four times the internal resolution, so it might as well be a remake of Link between Worlds on like much better looking hardware. So it's it's really been the best way to use that device and to replay this game. And uh yeah, I'm like a few dungeons in I'll probably right after the show tonight, you know, go play a bunch more. But yeah, I forget how good it looks. It's kind of before they did that very chevy Links Awakening remake that that art style. It's kind of in between like a classic Zelda style and the like super you're squishy.
Speaker 2: But you're not too cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're not like a little you know, Santa Zel for whatever. It looks like they basically made a sequel to Link to the Past, which is like my first favorite game I ever had, And I remember when I announced it, I was like, it's going to be the same map, but it's going to be just like, this is basically a remake. It's like, no, it is the same map, but they do so many interesting things with that, like even the stuff you see with like the energy meter and like renting items and being able to do dungeons and whatever order you want. Like it introduced a lot of stuff that they didn't go all the way on until stuff like you know, breath the while so very interesting seeing the stuff they were trying there. Right, I think when did this.
Speaker 2: Game come out Link Between Worlds.
Speaker 3: I'm going to think that twenty thirteen or so, because yeah, okay, Yeah, I was at GI and I left there in twenty fourteen, so it couldn't have been much past that.
Speaker 2: I was that game spot when this came out. This is a crazy this is a really good game. When this came out, it's cool to see that you reviewed this as well, and you like get to come back to because when you're reviewing a game, maybe you can like educate me on this. But I feel like you're playing a game just maybe slightly differently than you're playing it in a casual Christmas setting. There's just a bit of more of an era of you like making sure you're ticking all the boxes that you're really I don't know, you're just like you have to do it in a professional sense. It's just slightly off.
Speaker 3: There are a couple of big things that change it where it's like. One of them is if it's an embargoed game, you're definitely rushing through it, like I've talked about with Deust Trainding and Red Dead two, and that very much changes the way you're taking the game in. But I kind of think the bigger thing almost for me, is like, you know, my memory sucks, so I have always always when I reviewed games taken a billion notes, and so when I'm playing a game for review, whether it's Link between Worlds back Then or Metroid Prime four, you know, a couple months ago or a month ago, I'm just pausing every three seconds to write down thoughts on it because it's like, Okay, I mean, I'm assembling my review as I'm playing the game, and that is so much different than like I'm just gonna sit down and sip on some scotch, put something on in the background, and you can forget.
Speaker 2: It the second that it's happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like I'm just so deeply enjoying it, you know, like I'm'm very much enjoying playing at this time. Not that I did in the first time, obviously, but yeah, it is. It is much more relaxed to doing it this way.
Speaker 1: Nice. I uh, I want to replay Ocarina as well. I want to replay Majora's Mask. That's my favorite game of all time.
Speaker 3: Do the three DS one? I assume you've done that, Yes, I had, it make sense. It's even more of a step up than those. Oh I should specify.
Speaker 1: I want to I mean, I want to replay these games like my yearly replay. I just haven't gotten to them yet. I usually played Metroid Prime one over the holidays. This year, my plan was to play Metroid Prime four instead. I did not yet because I started Octopath Traveler zero a few weeks ago. Wish I had gotten around playing it before Game of the Year because I like that game a whole lot. In thirty five forty hours in now, nice game is way bigger than I thought it would be, but I'm liking it quite a bit. Did you guys play the first either the first two or both?
Speaker 3: Play the first one? Liked it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Mary, did you play either of them or which ones? Octopath Traveler.
Speaker 2: I played the first one and I loved it. I don't know why I didn't play the second one. I think it's just because I usually don't play turn Base. You have to really convince me in the first one. Everyone was like, you don't play this year, an idiot, since I played the first one and I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's stuff with the battlesystem that makes it like it's I've said this before, it's like crazy, how crunchy they made the combat even though it's turn based, like the response the feedback loop in that game is great both of those. I think two is really good, ironed out some storytelling problems that first had. However, Zero is different because you don't have eight characters. I think you can recruit a total of like thirty five ish, so it's more like the Sweekening games almost, and you have a town building aspect, which I think is kind of weak, but it's still fun, Like you have this home, big village you're going back to and rebuilding. And if you played ninokuney two that had a pretty in depth town building aspect as well. This is not on that level, but I like that you have this many characters to choose from. I'm very much like an xcom or State of Decay or Wildermith obviously fan of like more procedural j These are not procedurally generated characters, but I know the larger cast it absolutely loses focus. Where you used to have just the eight and you're kind of going through each chapter of their individual stories. That's not the case anymore. Now you're recruiting a bunch of people who kind of don't have that much of an arc. Once you recruit them, I think the storytelling becomes more about like how you use them and how you see them in your head can and et cetera. But also the combat you're using eight character. Your party is eight characters. You could swap people in and out. Of course in combat you're using all eight. You have a front and back line. Basically, there are certain abilities you could do from the back line, but you just swap them when it gets like you make one character and then they're always in the party. So I just like was I named mine Amanda like Amanda was watching, and I just kind of name her that. So when it gets to Amanda's turn, you could swap her with someone behind her. Once you get into the back line. At the end of the turn, they'll heal, they'll recover some health, and they also can't take damage generally speaking. So I think the downside there is it almost makes the game a bit too easy. There are definitely bosses I've gotten to where I'm like, oh, I'd need to grind a bit more, and there's plenty to do. It's a big world, so it's not It doesn't even usually feel like I'm kind of grinding needlessly. It's like, oh, there's other stuff to do. I'll come back to this guy but once you have eight, you can kind of beat many, many battles by just strength of numbers, having so many characters, and once a character gets low enough, I almost found like healing abilities kind of lose their luster because you could just swap them to the back line, and these healing abilities that these the support characters have, or the apothecaries or the clerics, what have you, those will heal more of their health than just being on the back line will. But again, you're more you're better off. I've found just like moving that character to the back line to heal and then using an offensive right, you.
Speaker 2: Can be constantly attacking as opposed to using one of your precious uh abilities yea to still Yeah, that could have been to attack.
Speaker 1: So I'm liking it quite a bit. I mean, I'm thirty five hours in. I plan on beating it. It's long. I like, there's there's a Zelda esque moment where you you think you know the scope of the world, and then I'm like, oh, holy shit, that was just kind of like a prologue.
Speaker 2: IHS do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah it was, And I was like, oh, okay, cool, I want more of this game. It's the first game i've played in a while, and I'm like, I just kind of want to finish it now that I've seen most of the the expanse of it. But yeah, I'm liking it quite a bit. Like I said, this storytelling is not on part of the first two games, just by virtue of having way less focus because you have so many characters. But and that, Yeah, the city building is annoying because you can't unless I'm completely missing it, you can't rotate buildings, so you're building it all on that eight two what do they call it, HD two D two two D plane, So if you put a house in front of another one. They also don't make it transparent when you're behind it, so you have to like I can't find the door to the one behind it sometimes until I see the prompt come up. That the town building just feels like more kind of a side distraction me more than anything. But yeah, no, the combat's amazing, The world's great. The you know again, the combat can be kind of easy, but a lot of the boss design is great. They've got there's one they find really clever wrinkles, like one boss, will you get battle points? I think that's what BP stands for. If you played the first two. Those are the things you can save up and then charge up so you attack like four times. There's one boss where he will cast this orb on everybody and you you'll he'll steal whatever BP you have and you don't get them back until you stun him. Uh and then all of a sudden you get it back. So that was a cool wrinkle. But there's a lot of stuff like that. Yeah, I generally I like this game quite a bit. It's definitely, like now one of my top ten games from last year. Maybe we'll talk about it next year game of the Year, similar to Indiana Jones. But I like it a lot. If you're kind of put off by the idea of that many characters more like Sweeking in style then the first two games, I totally get that, and I think that's valid. But I'm still enjoying it even though a lot of the characters are kind of just like mannequins that happen to be really good at this thing or another in combat?
Speaker 2: Are there any standout characters? Like usually when I play games like this, they'll be like a character I'm like, I would die for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Ostia, I've done a one ad on. She's a carpenter at the beginning, and then she becomes like she's one of my go to characters in combat. She's a carpenter, so she has an ax and a knife, I believe, but she has a lot of supportability. She's got a bunch of like she's one of those characters like if you really deck her out, you can make her really powerful. I'm trying to remember what character from Expedition thirty three that reminds me of. I guess all of them if you build them right. But yeah, no, they're definitely stand out characters in that game. I also quite like Celsius, Like he's like he's got throwing knives and he wears a trench coat and he's like the gambler or like the the ramblin gambling kind of like Bandit from X Men. He's not casun, but yeah, he's cool. Definitely stand out characters, but a lot of them are kind of faceless, but yeah, talked about Traveler zero is probably my focus for the foreseeable future before Metrod Prime four and then Silent Hill Aft, which I'm sure I'll play and I'll actually like more than Donkey Kong bananza now that we've argued about it.
Speaker 2: But telling me that now until Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm just excited about you know, Metrod Prime four. You've got to be excited after it swept all the game awards?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 3: M Oh yeah, game of the Year from like everyone I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember this happened.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you who did Giant Bump?
Speaker 3: Did you Giant Bomb fire Escape Game Awards? Kind of funny? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's still listed as controversial, like it still has like.
Speaker 3: Of all time or just the best game of twenty twenty five. That's the kind.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I don't get this bit. I'm just going are you joking that the game is not that good?
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that good? That's your opinion. I listened. I listened to the I can fucking this is entapman, I've watched I listened to the fucking Giant Bomb podcast, and nobody in Giant Bomb agrees with you.
Speaker 3: Look wait, did they really all agree Prime for is the best? At least Metroid Thank.
Speaker 2: You Jesus Christ. That is such a thousand twenty five bit. Get your get a new bit for.
Speaker 3: The new year fixed my mixer.
Speaker 1: Oh great, a new.
Speaker 2: Mixer to say that prime right, wasn't that good? And he didn't think it was that? Dan is right? Who's the other Nobody in the podcast agreed with you?
Speaker 1: That one? Was that?
Speaker 3: The dance right? You're right? Thanks? Everyone?
Speaker 1: Did you give me a right? Yeah? You correct, that's a good one. It doesn't Dan, He's just saying you're right, you're right, Yeah, you're correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nobody say something insult and nobody Dan was wrong.
Speaker 2: Nobody on the Giant bomb agrees with him?
Speaker 3: What is it? What is it? Mike Manotti think I'll talk about the glitteris not that he's ever found one?
Speaker 2: Stupid? When I came to your house for this podcast, I should have broken that. Goddamn goddamn.
Speaker 1: It's agreed that the Mary's getting fucking they're making clips about Mary's quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Minatti being me.
Speaker 3: Thanks. I'm going to disnnect the scord call.
Speaker 1: See you do you have Mary's disagree?
Speaker 3: I've got the wave file somewhere. I don't have it on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He placed me with Minati doing my.
Speaker 1: Now yours is yours is im? Uh? What is the word I'm looking for yours is uh inimitable. The way your panic in your voice is saying and trying to talk to you, trying to go over yourself is so fucking good. Dan, do you want to rifle through some some of the things you dipped into? Yeah? Oh yeah, never mind less witch too, which is fucking do we've Maine reporting for duty? Why is the fact he's on switch to is mine seventeen dollars?
Speaker 3: Which seems weird? That seems like too much?
Speaker 1: Too much? Also, why not eighteen or sixteen?
Speaker 3: We're twenty. I don't know, maybe it'sund sale, but yeah, I continue to love like timp Terorry was over here a few weeks ago. We played on the Arcade. He liked it a lot. I got some codes and I gave one to Grub and I was like, implore you please play the out Foxies And he got back to he was like, oh, this is incredible. So remained to me one of my favorite games to just show people with no setup or anything. So h yeah, if you got seventeen eighteen bucks, you want to blow uh and you gotta switch check out the Yeah off to Smash Brothers in nineteen ninety four. It's the Namco game. It's basically Smash Brothers, like and you can be Dweeb. Tweeb is our character of the year the last five years.
Speaker 1: So I'm Ryan Fires Resident Maine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I have another one, uh oh, Sectary. I'm still playing the shit out of it, like that's my go to, Like I can't play it too close to bed because it's just like I'm gonna do the one more run thing until forever and then like like Bonks doing it too, and like BONKX told me about like oh yeah, when I was going to bed, I was thinking of like the shapes and everything, and then I had dreams about Sectoris. It is so one of those games and like end of that.
Speaker 2: What's your score? How's how's your score been going?
Speaker 3: Slightly bumped it up. I beat it again on the experienced diffic and I got like six million, three hundred something thousands, So I'm bumping it up, but like I have to move on to the next difficulty if I want to bump the score up, So like I'm all my runs now are on that challenging difficulty and it's hard, It's fucking real hard, but it's so fun. Like I'm dying all the time, but god damn it, it's so fun every second play in that game. So that is that is still a go to for me.
Speaker 2: I think the Loop is really amazing. It's so nice anytime you die, being like, I'm just going to start over again because it has a very simple premise and concept. Shoot everything, get your dash. I've really enjoyed chaos. I don't know if you have mixed up your cards.
Speaker 3: A lot, that is, you know what, I don't use that a lot. What does that do to sell me on it?
Speaker 2: So the deck system, because you're you're upgrading several things, right, you're getting the points that you can upgrade your ship, but you're also getting these yellow sparkly bits and then those give you a string of three cards. Yeah, and those are huge upgrades for you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can get really lucky ones where the stuff floats to you. That's my favorite, where the collection where it's like not just the glimmer, but the objects will float to you fast like your upgrades.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: The tokens, Oh my god, I love when that shit happens because then you gotta go you don't gotta go find find them anyway. Those cards they're in a deck you can only have I think eight active anytime. There's like twenty cards in the game, dude, so you should be switching out your cards to see like different types of play styles. One of them is called chaos, and it truly is fucking chaotic. But one of my favorite things that chaos does is it lets you switch the order of your upgrades and it's it's random, So you could have blaster first. What Yeah, and so you just have this like crazy mega blaster that you're upgrading like four hundred times. But again it's random, so it might take your favorite and put it last. You don't know.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: That's why it's called chaos because you you basically like every time you play it, it's like shaking a snow globe and throwing you into it. You don't actually know if it's going to be good for you or not.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that. Okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Try k Car.
Speaker 2: What other cards do I like? There's just just like I like to kind of fuck with the card systems because again, it like completely changes the way you'll play if you are mixing up your different systems. I like removed defense because I don't want to buy shields with points. That's stupid. The whole point is for me to have lots of points.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I see you're saying, like, exchange a million points for two shields and want points.
Speaker 2: So so I got rid of that deck. I got rid of that card pack and added a different card pack. So it's like, you know, if you ever find yourself being like I don't like this set of cards, then remove it and add something else and see if you like a different card set better.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got to make that up because I have just been kind of like coasting on the same one forever. But you mentioned like the shield one, Like early on I would do the like like the first time I beat the game, I did the thing where it's like I'm going to use a million points to get shield, but like totally now I'm going for score and stuff and I'm sure I'm not going to get it if I'm buying stuff with it, So I'll take that off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to your card system. There's also I've been kind of messing around with the different play styles. Obviously there's the main play style, which is what we're all doing, the leader board one, but there's this one where the only way you can attack is using strike. Have you tried that?
Speaker 3: There's a different the other one.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's different gameplay modes. These are not score bas these won't impact your global leader board status. It's probably not appealing to you, but I learned a lot playing Strike Mode because again, there's no blaster, the only way you can attack is strike, and all these enemies are coming at you. You'd be very wise about how you're utilizing your strike so you can constantly stay alive in Strike Mode's and I found that fun. So like, if you're is what I'll say is like, if you're like, I want to play it, but I can't play it before bed because I'll get like two addicted to it. It's like, play one of these stupid little modes, okay, because you can have fun with it for five ten minutes, but you won't get addicted to it because it's not the game at its core. It's not the game at its best, but you'll learn you'll learn something when you play these different modes about it, so it's always teaching you something about your ship or the way an enemy moves. So I found them fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice, Yeah, it continues to be just one of the best games theory.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. It made it in my top ten at the very the very end of twenty twenty five, and I was like, this game is so addictive.
Speaker 3: Which everyone. You can read Mary's top games of the area on Giant bonmd dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for inviting me to I love doing that every year. I always really debate the tenth game. It's very difficult because there's a lot of games I'd love to give a nod of the hat too. There's a lot of games that I really liked that just barely didn't make it. The reason I picked a game about digging a hole is because I really like to pay tribute to games that I don't think will be on other people's lists just because maybe they were fleeting. It was a fun time, but like it's that top ten material. And my response is is I want more people to know about some of these games, and so I put them on my top ten, hoping that someone would be like I wouldn't have bought it, but it was on someone's top ten. So like, I guess I should play a game about digging a hole, and you should buy a game about Digging a Hole Games four ninety nine. I think it's like so freaking cheap and it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really look at your list right now.
Speaker 2: There's a there's like a couple of randoms on there that I think people would be like, why would you put that on there? And it's like, because I guarantee you no one else is talking about it. But I think it'd be nice that other people like played some of those. But then there's some obvious ones on there too. You guys will never believe. Number one is Mega Bank.
Speaker 1: Did you play? Had you played Megabank before our Game of the Year? Im trying to remember if.
Speaker 2: I had, But I hadn't gotten really into it until the last few weeks. But I in the last couple before Christmas break, maybe two weeks before the end of the year, I got really into Megabank because you can watch TV or like be immersed in something else and be dedicated to Megabank. It allows you to have divided attention and still be quite entertaining. I also, I think it's the first time that a Vampire Survivor's clone I think is better than Vampire Survivors, And I think that's insane to say, but I think it's the first time that's happened for me.
Speaker 3: It's the closest. Yeah, yeah, I like Deep Married.
Speaker 1: Did you play Deep Rock Galactic? No, I don't don't worry about playing that. I was just asking curious because Deep Rock Survivor they did a Vampire Survivors alike. Check it out. The main thing there as you are also digging through material with your pickaxe. That's like their big wrinkle, but you're also upgrading each class individually. I like that game quite a bit. I still like Megabank way more, but Deep Rock Survivor, for whatever, I think it's like ten dollars or something on sale at certain points.
Speaker 2: Now of things like cheap, cheap games that are so entertaining. I went over to a girlfriend's house before Christmas and it was like pouring rain, so we didn't want to go to a bar. We were just like, whatever, we'll just sit at home. And she's a gamer, but I think she can get intimidated by games really quickly, and so I have to be thoughtful when I advise her to play something. It should be something where I'm like, don't worry about it if it's too intimidating. She'll quit. Megabank was the perfect recommendation. She was like, Oh, I don't know. All this stuff is coming at me, and I was like, it's an auto shooter girl, walk forward and prayed. All these little devices and do your best and pick it. Even if you pick them randomly, you can do quite well. And so it was like nice to watch her shine and enjoy a game without stressing about it too much. I think it it's stress free gaming, easy drinking. Yeah, it's just an easy experience.
Speaker 1: You're also playing skate story.
Speaker 2: This one surprised me. I did not expect that I would like this game as much as I did. I think I don't know who to recommend this to. It's part existential, part sick skating game. The existential part Mike, I think would appeal to you. Surprisingly very smart, very witty. It is about like the world and the mind and why we do the choices that we make. It feels so strangely written. This person was on acid. It's stunning, and the audio it's one of the best audio tracks of a game I've I've heard in a long time, and I was shocked with the quality and the caliber of this game. When ultimately you're just kickflipping dude, like you're just playing a skate game. And so Dan, I know you like Tony Hawk and you really like the original skating games. This is on drugs. I have to really stress that. What a strange fucking game this is. It took me at least two hours. The first two hours I was on the fence and I was like, I don't know if I like it. It's just too weird, OK, And then it clicked for me. It did end up clicking for me. You have to get different upgrades. You could get stickers for your board. They put you on these pathways where there's spikes and things you have to jump over. But every time you do a sick flip or like a trick, you get extra bonus points that you get to spend in these stores. But then all of a sudden, it'll put you in this strange location and they'll be like a train going by and it'll be like, hey collected all the pieces to this area before you can move on, and every person you talk to it feels like you're in a dream and you're on drugs. It's it has moments where I'm just not sure that I'm on the same plane as everybody else when I'm playing this game, and then there's other times where I'm just playing some sick skating and I love it. I love both of it, but it I would say, if you buy this game, or if you're interested, give it three hours. Because the first couple I was like, it's too weird for me. And then and then it clicked and I actually I love it cool. I'm planning on being it. Yeah, I'm trying to think of like how it's really hard to describe, you guys. It's it's very ethereal and otherworldly. It's beautiful. It's usual style of your skater is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, Like I don't know, anytime I see a new skating game as coming out, I get excited because it's like, well, Tony Hawk is just you know, a part of my like daming history, like one of the biggest ones ever. And as I learn more about this and I heard people talk about it more, it seemed like this is not trying to be a Tony Hawk game.
Speaker 2: This is definitely not trying to be a Tony Hark or.
Speaker 3: Project different like totally different type of control scheme and structure and everything. So I did lose a little bit of my interest in playing it, but like, I know, i'd like the look of it, and I'm sure visual audio like it looks like a fantastic project. I just don't know if it's the skateboarding game I want, but yeah, maybe I just like shut that part out of my head.
Speaker 2: You know, it's probably not the skateboarding game that you would imagine. I'll describe something I liked about it. The boss fights are usually you have to accrue a certain amount of points, which you would do by doing sick flips, and only when you've accrued the right amount of points may you attack the boss. And so they'll be like maybe this snake, this like bone snake that's like going up and down. I'm gonna be like a serpent that's going like in and out of the sand or something. So you're like doing all these kick flips while chasing it so that when you get to it, you've accrued enough points that you could attack it. So it's making you combine skating fast, doing cool tricks, chasing an enemy, and attacking the enemy in this smooth, seamless motion, all to a sick beat. Again, the music is incredible and so I do think it's important to listen to this game fully. There was this other sequence with moons. I had to chase these red glowing moons while dodging spikes while doing sick flips so that I could attack the moons. It was neat. It's a really neat experience. I do think it's worth playing. But yeah, it ain't no Tony Hawk. It's very different.
Speaker 1: What is death Hell?
Speaker 2: Okay, death Hell might be one for you, Mike. Death Howell is a what do you call those turn based where you have a grid and your mom your kid has died, and you are going into the woods to bring your child back from death. You're essentially fighting death itself, which I think is cool. It's a deck builder, so you use the cards to choose your moves to attack the different animals in this fore I'm the animal. I'm in the forest right now, and so I'm like attacking different animals with my cards. Every time you kill an animal, it does drop an item, and then you use the items to build more cards and grow your deck. Gorgeous art style, very beautiful, different characters, weird fucked up animals that you fight. I like the premise of it as well. You're like, I like that game one. I thought it. I think it's very well done. I usually don't go for grid style games like this. It takes one in a million for me to be like this one's for me. But I have enjoyed the deck building aspect of it. I think I will keep going. I've only put three or four hours into it so far, but I'll probably keep playing it. I think it's it's a beautiful aesthetic and I like the story of like trying to like get my child back from death. So yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Cool, Yeah, I want to check it out. Dan, anything else you've been playing Terminator.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it seems like a game that's made for me. It's very throwback, you know, sixteen bit shooter arcade style gameplay. Terminator two, very very faithful to the movie, and very much trying to just replicate the pretty much all the iconic scenes of the movie. So it's like all these things I love. I appreciate what they were trying to do here. But it's one of the only times I actually wrote a review of this. Because we were all in an Airbnb and Mike NAUGHTI was making everyone watch the Cats movie, and I wanted an excuse to not watch the Cats movie.
Speaker 2: So are you of the musical that's correct with the buttholes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you watched the butthole Cats movie and made everyone watch it, and I was like, oh, I will write a review instead of it. Ironically, it's Mike, so probably not.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so funny. I don't actually even know I asked that question. Either way, it's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I think.
Speaker 2: That that movie's cool. Seriously, that's weird. And if you think that it's a good joke to make people watch cats that you can see their little cgi buttholes, that's also weird.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So as a consummate professional, I decided like, no, you know, sure, this is a ten PM and we're all doing recreation time, but no, I will write a review for giant bomb dot com to escape that. It's I've have a two point five out of five, and I've I don't know if I've ever factored in length of a game and price of a game into a score of a game, but I kind of felt like I had to here because it was a thirty dollars game at launch. I'm not sure if that's where it is right now, and I beat it for the first time in forty six minutes, and there are a couple decisions you can make when you go through it, and it's like very you know, simplistic arcade style gameplay. I beat it the second time in like thirty something minutes, and you know, there's not really variety or progression or anything. It's a it's definitely a leve letter Terminator two in that era of action games. But like, I just can't believe it was thirty dollars for that length. I mean, you blow through it immediately. Yeah, it's Look, if you ever see it on sale for you know, fifteen dollars or less or something like that, maybe check it out if you're a big Terminator fan. But yeah, not not exactly. I don't know what I was looking for, but this, this didn't quite do it for me.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, I want to play five minutes death hell and maybe yeah, sorry, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm glad there's a couple winners in there.
Speaker 1: I'm still catch up on last year's games.
Speaker 2: I know it's hard, like there was a backlog that I was planning on, but this is just the gamer's fallacy in general, is that like when you have two weeks and you're like, I could do whatever I want. Yeah, I'm gonna play a game from my childhood. You just like, don't how did this happen?
Speaker 3: Oops?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to talk about emails? Okay? Or did you did I get everything? Dan? I think you you got them? Am I missing something? Oh?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Your face? You look like I forgot something.
Speaker 2: That's just his face.
Speaker 1: Oh that's your just face. You just look concerned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, concerned man.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's talk about emails. Okay, all right, as usual, you can write into fire scip cast at gmail dot com. In fact, get those coffers full for this year, write in some questions, give us some ammunition for the next several episodes. It's fire scip cast at gmail dot com. Get your questions read on the air or ignored. Or you could be really critical of us, uh and submit a complaint and then uh be really rude about it, and then several days later Colin saying you were under duress. I hope you're okay. That one person who did that knows what I'm talking about. I hope you're fine.
Speaker 3: It just seems specific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just a funny one too. Email I saw in the inbox someone's very rude and then was like, hey, sorry, I was. I was actually they said they were under medical dress, and I hope they okay, are okay, but.
Speaker 2: I think you're okay too.
Speaker 1: They might have just been drunk emailing us. It's also.
Speaker 3: Regardless.
Speaker 2: I would say, the ability to come back via email and say like takes his backsies takes a big person.
Speaker 3: I always thought it was interesting where it's like this happened mostly a game informherre, where like I would do a review or something that people very much didn't agree with and I'd get an email be like fuck you, I'm gonna fuck like sometimes it was death threat. Sometimes it was just like oh you fucking so you don't deserve your job all this stuff, and I would respond and I would just be like, hey, okay, no, I like this game, right, I didn't like this game. Sorry you didn't feel the same way, but you know, thanks for reading or whatever, And every fucking time they would come back and be like I'm sorry, I'm an asshole, like just talking like a per and then just totally.
Speaker 2: Like I think sometimes it's like a gamer. I wonder if it's I wonder if it's gamers. I wonder if it's like that happens in my industry a lot where someone will say something pretty intense and I will say, I hear you. Here's like, here's the boundaries that I have within like what I do and what I'm allowed to do, and that person will completely normally will change their tune and be like, oh my god, like that would be so difficult to be in your position. I'm like, I know, but you didn't think that. I think you wanted to kill me two tweets ago. But now it's like, I think you have to remember the human. You have to like remind people. Even the idea that humans can make mistakes. It seems like impossible, the idea of like you can actually I don't know if it's like the same with like writing review but like for like larger websites, like we've done things where we, like, you know, we've been like, oh, maybe we should change that rule. Doesn't seem like that rule makes sense and everyone will be like, well it was wrong, and they'll be like yes, but we're people, so we're allowed to We're allowed to make a rule and then and then figure out that it actually doesn't work globally, there's like some kind of issue with it, so we'll change it. Isn't that crazy that people can make mistakes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm always thinking about It's the tenor of online conversation. And so, like a few weeks ago, I deactivated my Blue Sky and because, like you know, because I've always We've talked about plenty on this. It's like I'm always trying to kind of back off of, you know, social media and stuff, just because I did increasingly terrible and everything, and you know, get off Twitter and stuff because you know, the Nazis, uh. And then it went to Blue Sky, built that up for a bit, and you know, it's like, all right, cool, it's a good way to keep in touch with people. But also there it was very much that like extremely school marm type of just like super taking everything seriously. Everything was just the biggest, most important controversy in the world and stuff. Yeah, and it was just fucking exhausting. So it's like, I'll probably go back at some point. It's funny I deactivated it, and I saw people were saying like, oh, it must be like people are really mad about the metrod Prime. Were you or that you introduced you know, half stars for the job. I thought everybody.
Speaker 2: Loved metroid Prime and there was no controversy about metroc Prime.
Speaker 3: Controversy was that they thought I didn't love it enough. Yeah, how good it was.
Speaker 2: It's old echo chamber Dan.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know. It's like I went out. It's been like three weeks or so, and I haven't done it, and it's like this just feels like it's not something like revelation, like oh, life is better and the clouds are more vivid or it's not that, it's just like, oh, I don't miss it, so like I'm not like itching to go back anytime soon. And like Instagram is just like fucking easy, and it's pictures of my friends. I don't have any algorithm. I don't know, want any feed I don't have. Yeah, the point well, you know even snooze the uh suggested feat stuff, so like you literally don't have an algorithm, Like I don't see anything that isn't just a picture from a friend of mine, So like there's no just random accounts or anything that show put in my feed. So god damn it. It feels great, especially talking to people now where it's like everyone'speeds are getting filled up with like obvious AI videos and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Oh what a brutal time to like always question and when you see a video or photo if it's real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like I don't want any fucking part of that. I hate all that shit, And like stepping back has just been like a universal positive. So I don't know, might stay off longer than maybe I intended to, but yeah, not a fan.
Speaker 2: It's been a nice break for me as well. I also took a social media break over. It's hard for you to get out of everything. I usually stay on Instagram Stories, which is the safest for me because it's human most of the time. But yeah, I got rid of Twitter, Blue Sky, anything possibly work adjacent, because even if I'm on vacation, if I'm on like Reddit, livestream fail, I'm working, so like, I really have to avoid anything that will show me things that will make me think about work. So yeah, that's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, check in the woods. I'd love you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go work in a vineyard and you'll never see me again. Yeah that all sounds great, right then you two, you two won't see me either. That's what's great great great pass at gmail dot com. You heard your nerds married? Do you want to read this first one from mac Kyle? Yes?
Speaker 2: How do you fire? Folks? I like that?
Speaker 1: Do you so much stuff?
Speaker 2: Firefolks? We can't all hate everything. Do you heavily associate a band or album with a video game? I recall listening to Lamb of God's album Sacrament when Halo three came out, and now two are inseparable in my mind. Kyle uh Maclamore from Florida. PS Dan, please become governor of Florida. You would be so much better than what we have now. I know you could. That's terrifying.
Speaker 3: I generally don't like to listen to music when I play games, just because I like to listen to like what the game designers wanted me to hear. But there are exceptions, like the one that I always think about is NFL Blitz. I was obsessed with that during you know, the sixty four one that came out or that came out with a couple but there I don't even know if there is music in that. But like I always, I had my first like CD player boombox, and I bought a Jimmy Hendrick's greatest hits that I would listen to while I played Blitz, But then the main one was the soundtrack to The Rock, the movie The Rock. So it's like all these like Hans Zimmer tracks and stuff like Humble Gets the Rockets, like these super duper dramatic tracks and everything, while I'm like returning a kickoff and like, so most of my Blitz time was with the Rock soundtrack.
Speaker 1: The one that comes to mind. This is not technically answering the question, but he mentioned Halo three, and also this reminded me. Do you remember Halo two on the mission the Heretic, when all of a sudden, Breaking Benjamin just starts playing as part of the soundtrack.
Speaker 2: No, oh, it's like in the game.
Speaker 1: I am not convey to you how fucking cool I thought it was when I was first playing Halo two, and now looking back, I'm like, hey, Breaking Benjamin, I don't like at all. I don't know what they're doing these days, but I don't like their pre existing music. B It's just all of a sudden, like a full on like with lyrics comes on while you're chasing, while you're the Arbiter and you're chasing the heretic other Elite. That's like betraying the Covenant. It's crazy, look like a blow me away by breaking Badgemin Halo two. It's just in the game, Like it's a cool idea, like in any game, just having an actual soundtrack, like license music laid over. It's not the first time that's happened, but.
Speaker 3: They were trying that, like around that era with like Prince of Persia Warrior Within and like Godsmack coming in and certain yes.
Speaker 1: That was the exact shit, and I can't I'm so glad that did not become a moral thing.
Speaker 3: It's more thoughtful. I think, like you know, Red Dead and stuff like that would do the thing where it's like, okay, this is very thoughtful and bespoke and everything. But then it was like we got trapped to do a thing for yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh you mentioned NFL Blitz. Also, I think I've talked about this on the said before, but when I discovered that NFL Street two on Xbox allowed you to swap the soundtrack out for your Xbox.
Speaker 3: NP three, the hard drive stuff, yeah.
Speaker 1: The hard drive music. So there I am playing NFL Street to listening to the Blood of Cuckolan from Boondock Saints playing like the bagpipes dork.
Speaker 3: It was weird.
Speaker 1: I was the coolest kid ever. I was like sixteen, and I'm just like, it's like the intro song to Boondock Saints like is playing while I'm just like trying to fruit Ladanian Tomlinson to my yeah, to my team. Oh. It was such a fucking cool I got laid so much.
Speaker 2: Symbolisms, symbolisms, symbolism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those were the right games. So like NFL Street Burnout three on Xbox you could do the hard drive, so so I like I hated all the like pop punk shit they put on the initial soundtrack, so it's like, all right, I'll just make like a fun like metal and rock soundtrack or whatever. That was an interesting time when the original Xbox and the three sixty, Like the three sixty oh just plug in an iPod and you can play whatever. And then the original one you had like rip it to a hard drive, like I mean, I guess you could do that now by opening up like a Spotify app or something like that. But it was definitely like a more important thing than those early Xboxes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both of mine the songs are in the game, so I don't know if this is Yeah, like Mike was saying, like this might not be exactly what this is asking for, because these are like albums that are connected to games that you've concocted. But for me playing sled Storm as a kid and hearing Rob Zombies Dragoula in it, oh yeah, is embedded in my mind and anytime me and my sisters, we all because we all played this game, we all love it. Every time that song comes on, we'll be like Web sled Storm. We'd be like ew in the bits in the Herd and the best of the damn and the best of your drag. We don't know any of the fun lyrics. We don't know what we're talking about, but we know we know Sledstorm. We know that fucking song and it's so good.
Speaker 3: Snowmobiling Mike, Mike gets another e a big like NFL Street is a sports They needed to bring that back game, NFL Street, NBA Street, Sledstorm freak style. Yeah the fuck do we know?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I played NBA Street one so much.
Speaker 3: They're perfect games, and I just I would.
Speaker 1: Use all my uh all my points from I would defer recruiting a new character so i'd get more creative player points for my player, and he was like seven. He's basically Victor woman Yama. He's like seven to eleven, best three shooter in the game, best dunker, did all the tricks, and his nickname was Red Alert.
Speaker 3: No, I think I did like NBA Street Volume two, where I swear I had a team that was like a yetti that you could unlock, and the Beastie Boys. They were really good video games. Yep, they're awesome, and they fucked. They don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: The other one that I think is worth mentioning because I did into becoming a huge fan of this band post this game is Portal Too. Had a song Exile by the National Yeah, and I went to I like started getting their albums. I've been to multiple National concerts since this time. I have seen the National live. I love them, and when I watched them live, I have one very specific concert memory where the lead singer said, my younger brother played Portal and told me how cool it was, and it's really neat that this song is now a part of this game series because my brother likes it, and I thought that was like so fucking cool that I like saw the connection and how they got there. But I can't listen to that song without thinking of Portal, without thinking of the National. It is like those are interconnected forever.
Speaker 1: For me. Jake hates the National, So don't he.
Speaker 2: Gave me his sad dad's tea shirt.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna get the hat he gave me the sad Dad's happen. It's dark and Amanda sleeping.
Speaker 2: Why does he keep giving away his sad dad's material?
Speaker 1: I don't know. But it's a band.
Speaker 2: I walked down the street with it the other day and someone stopped me and said, what is a sad Dad? And I said, this is a really weird answer, but it's a band, and he went, oh, it's disappointed that it wasn't like the unsocial anti social social club. It wasn't like some I've never understood what the fuck that was anti social social club.
Speaker 3: I've seen that on shirts and hoodies and stuff for like marketing. Is it just a clothing company?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, it's just a cool like it's a funny like concept, right of like it's a club for people who can't be social, but it's it's marketing, right, it's a brand and yeah, and then sad dads. I think the concept, right is like people who sussessed the National are a bunch of sad dads. Like they're just people who are sad.
Speaker 1: It's jokingly called not jokingly, it's called like sad dad music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Last of Us music. No, that's like a sad dad game, right sure, yeah, yeah, it's the game version of the or the music version of the Last of Us.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, okay, gotcha, Dead dads, but being sad about stuff that's not really that important, Like just we're sad like the whirl, isn't it Just like we're sad and we're gonna it's part of our aesthetic.
Speaker 3: Doesn't be fun.
Speaker 2: We're dads. We're listening to the National.
Speaker 1: I had a kid and I'm sad about it.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, thank you Kyle from Florida. Uh, Danielle, can you read this one?
Speaker 3: That's me? Uh hello Escapees. Lately, whenever I start a new game, I like to look for one cool asset that I would like to say I created. It's kind of like being an extra in a movie, so you can tell your friends that you were zombie number twelve When you come on screen for half a secon second. Recent exam include Blue Prince's cute hamster in the Kid's Bedroom and Gail the polecat from Haites two. What is the thing in a game that you would like to cameo design? Thanks for being a great time every other week. Also, Dan is right about Missouri love John Paul from Missouri.
Speaker 2: You know which Missouri opinion?
Speaker 3: All, it's just a garbe. It's the worst state by far. It's like, not even close. It's irredeemable. Yeah, like your team, Yeah, it's awful in every way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have one for this. The sushi in Resident Evil six, you know I'm talking about in the Leon and Helena campaign when you're going through the university. If you look at just google Google Red Alert six food or sushi, the assets they use for the food is were like the And I know, I realize how what I'm saying when I say it's one of the worst aspects of that game. The food on the tables just does not like the sushi rolls are the size of cakes. It's the worst food asset I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I'm not seeing any images of this. Oh wait, oh wait, that looks fucking crazy. Okay, I am seeing now. Oh that is nuts looking. Okay, yeah, it's crazy. That game sucks ass.
Speaker 1: Mary and I tried liking it pretty hard.
Speaker 2: So are you saying you would want to do it to fix it or you want to be responsible.
Speaker 1: I want to be responsible for that. I want to say I made that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say that I made this trash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really do. But then on the cool, like on the cool side of things, I don't know. The thing I wish I created is probably what's like a cool Zelda item.
Speaker 3: The box that windmil guy wax off into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to make it. I would love to be responsible for making the windmill Guy's dick.
Speaker 2: I actually designed his penis. You can't see it because it's in.
Speaker 3: The box, But I give you no clip. Through the box you can see his dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ye, no clip.
Speaker 2: It's actually Mike's face.
Speaker 1: More like GDD good game is done, dick stupid? Ah, it's serious day, I'm tired. Yeah, no, the music box great, not his dick.
Speaker 3: I I like in Meddle Year Solid two, there's a part where you're going around a corner and it looks like Vulcan Raven a boss from the first game looks like a shadows on the wall and say, what the hell, he's dead. But then he turned the corner and it's just a tiny little Vulcan raven action figure with a flashlight next to it, so it makes a huge silhouette. And then if you shoot it, it starts like like a little motor starts up and it shoots little pellets out, and if you just watch it for a while, like all the pellets kind of pile up. And I thought that was such a fun little thing in that game, So that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I have another idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Rocket League toppers to cars, I feel like you could easily they have custom ones. I think you can make your I think at this point you can upload your owns. This is probably like a no, but I think it would be cool to make my own custom car skin that everybody and I could be like those are mine, Like those are my custom car skins of really something really stupid. You know, it would have to be. I mean they're already kind of dumb, So like, what would I make that I would say is mine? I interpreted this as something I would make. It'd be like this is so cool.
Speaker 3: When Rocket League first came out before it like it was like blowing up and stuff. They had the different skins and stuff. They had a couple like I don't know if it's licensed or just like other ip from other games or whatever. And I think I reached out to the Rocket League team because I've just written air Force Gater and I told them like, hey, look, if you want air Force Gator, I'll give it to you for free.
Speaker 2: You always shoot, shoot your shot, Dan, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't get an air Force Gater flag in that No.
Speaker 2: Damn damn. Game Spot had a flag and I remember we thought that was really fucking cool. Yeah, really that was like a flex us back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, GameSpot would get that. Destructoid used to be pretty good about getting They had their like little robot guy and they were in this game Rascals And was like, oh man, what a cool idea, like getting new shit in a game. Always like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be neat, Like I know they had. They just had hats that I think were funny, like they had cone toppers and toppers that was like a Mariacci hat. And I'd love to be like I gave them the idea for all these toppers.
Speaker 3: You know, do you know what I actually am responsible for. I hadn't thought of this in a while. And Saints Row three, there is a weapon called a fart and a Jar and it's a grenade, so it's basically it's an equippable thing that you can equip with the other grenades. So there's like stun grenades, normal grenades, and there's a fart in a jar and that's in there because that was my first game and former cover story I wrote. It was like twenty ten or something and I was at the studio and I asked them when I was interviewing the team, I was like, all right, what's an idea? Like, obviously Saints Row is all about super over the top, super stupid shit. What is something that you all deemed that was too stupid for Saints Row? And they were like, oh, we I had this idea once where it's gonna be like a fart in a jar and you'd throw it and it's like would get all stinky and everybody would start vomiting if you threw it, and we took it out it was too stupid, And I was like, whoa, hold the phone, No, you have to like this is like, well, before the game came out and it's like, you have to put the fart in a jar in that game. That is fantastic.
Speaker 2: So you motivated them to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like the first person outside of the studio to play the game. And also I was telling him like, you are mad if you don't put the fart in the jar in the game, and they wound up putting it back.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. That's a good story. It's a good loredan. I thought when you were I thought when you were Yeah, he is the fart in the jar. Yeah, it's his fart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've moke, Captain.
Speaker 2: There's like all these ping pong balls on your butt.
Speaker 3: I farted into a jar and they captured the jar.
Speaker 2: I smell, Captain, that's fucking vile.
Speaker 1: You're still would not convince your dad that you're a performer if you smell capping.
Speaker 3: No, that's not acting. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually he might respect that more than voice acting.
Speaker 2: Smell. Yeah, I'm an actor too. I farted in a jar for Saints Row three. Yeah, I hate so many beans that day.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you is the name he is.
Speaker 2: Speaking of spellcasting, I had asparagus for dinner tonight and I I don't understand it. How does it happen? My pee smells weird? And it's like a phenomenon. I don't I don't know, like it's a joke, it's a running gag, but it's true and it happens, and I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 1: It'll look up.
Speaker 3: It's a gene. It's a thing where it's like some people have it, some people don't. Don't.
Speaker 2: What do you mean to smell it or to pee it?
Speaker 3: That's a great question, like if I didn't have the smell Jean, wait, okay? What am I? Okay?
Speaker 1: It says not everyone produces or detects the smell due to genetic differences in metabolism or smell perception.
Speaker 3: So could you have the the detection gene? So I can smell asparagus piss but not producing. So I can eat a gallon it's not a gallon whatever, but juice, but I can't smell it.
Speaker 1: You would wait, no, I get you would. You wouldn't produce it. You would you would be you would be like bent over the toilet bowl smelling, but you wouldn't smell anything.
Speaker 3: Could I smell it but not produce it. Yeah, yeah I could. Could I pee out.
Speaker 2: A bunch of I smell your p and be like this guy had asparagus, right, Yeah, yeah, it's distinct smell.
Speaker 3: I would know we all have have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. No, I've said that before.
Speaker 3: This is a weird.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't have said that in that way out of context.
Speaker 2: But this guy loves to sniff his own piss.
Speaker 1: There's some very there's something very reassuring. God, I'm just digging myself, keep going. There's something very reassuring about putting something, ingesting something and seeing that it actually affected your body in a certain way.
Speaker 2: I've changed my answer. Mike is the most predictable of the tea.
Speaker 3: In fact, speaking of predictable, Jake, now, edit in the discussion Mary and I had during the break when Mike was gone about the asparagus beat, and let's see how predictable he was.
Speaker 2: I just went to the bathroom and I had asparaus for dinner, and my peace smells. It's crazy, such a why.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm let's test something here. When we come back and we start recording, say that, and I bet Mike is going to talk about how much he loves that smell and he's going to be something like, oh man, I'll pee in the toilet and I'll put my head in there. And because I feel like it's come up several times since I've known him, and he always says that, So let's just test this.
Speaker 2: Why does he say that he likes it? You gasoline thing?
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 4: You think?
Speaker 3: And I was like bringing up on the podcast. I guarantee he's gonna be Oh, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it A dirty little sparagus boy, I fucking I don't even like asparagus. I eat it specifically so my pe will smell. It's a curse. I just gobbling down those stocks every morning. So then by lunchtime I get those sweet sweet odors wafting up out of the bowl.
Speaker 2: Right O, Saints row free tip asparagus pain in a jar. It boosts the moral of your team.
Speaker 1: Smell cap that ship.
Speaker 2: I'll be run faster. Yeah, so much of your smell call count my pe.
Speaker 3: You're gobbling up those stocks in the morning, is all he said. Oh the idea of the alarm going off and it's like Rocky with the eggs, but just spar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is I falls sleep with the entire thing and then was off and I just bite down the next morning.
Speaker 3: Picture of Homer with one hundred cigarettes in his mouth. But it's just my.
Speaker 1: God. Now I wish I'm gonna eat some after this. It's gonna be sick. Wake up a little coffee in the morning, nice little whiz.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, actually really quick? Did you know that in all SaaS France every April they have pop up restaurants that literally just only open in April dedicated to asparagus.
Speaker 3: How much can you do with that?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, you could do quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Doesn't asparagus take three years to grow? Or some weird shit?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Might oh, I will say, I know. I truly do like asparagus a lot white. Have you had white asparagus? We had it. It was in season when we were in France in June a few years ago. When we had it, everywhere someone had a different take on it was fucking awesome. Do you guys like asparagus? It's just had it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did. It's it has more flavor than green asparagus, and also it's got a better texture. It's like not as stringy as green asparagus, and it's kind of like a nice crunch, like a zippy crunch through. God, it's amazing. Yeah, it's in the fire grade. I don't know we have it here, but yes, takes two to.
Speaker 2: Three years to grow. So that's what I was saying, because it's like you can't grow it and harvest it. If these places are open annually, they have to have like plans of this year's asparagus, next year's as huge part of asparagus.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's a huge part of their like culinary scene. So they're prepared somehow. I don't know how, but they are.
Speaker 2: Do you think the town smells like asparagus? Pea?
Speaker 1: I didn't before, but now it's all I'm gonna think about. I really do want to go to All Sauce even more now. But there's also a wine in All Sauce that's like asparagus like historically can fuck with wine. Doesn't pairal well, it like has a chemical compound that does not interact with wine. Well, unless you're drinking moscot from Al Sauce, it supposedly pairs really well. I'm not the biggest fan of it. All right, Well, thank you, Jean Paul and Kyle h for your emails again. Everybody send in get our inbox full again for twenty twenty six firescap cast at gmail dot com. That's our episode, first episode, twenty twenty six. What is it?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 1: This? This goes up on the fifth?
Speaker 3: Fourth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that, fourth, I think either way? Fifth, Who cares? That's not interesting? Stop saying number sixteenth seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Um.
Speaker 1: We will be back at a couple of weeks. In the meantime, Vinnie Caravella and I are still playing through both campaigns for Utilal Warhammer three. Mike and Vinnie saved the World, Mike and Vini destroy the world. The latter is over on next Lander. If you're not a patron of theirs, what are you fucking doing with your money in life? Go b one right now and then you'll get access to that campaign. And if you're a patron for us, or if you're not a video patron, you can sign up and you'll get access to that show. H. We're doing the good campaign over here. Uh, Mary, what do you have going on in the meantime?
Speaker 2: Streaming most mondays when I can uh and posting really long metaglass videos on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Check them out. Yeah, I love them, Dan, what about you?
Speaker 3: Johnbum dot com? Very excited after our game with the year stuff two, get back in the swing of things and do a bunch of fun shit in twenty twenty six. So check us out there. Cool.
Speaker 1: I'm basically here forward facing stuff. We don't really have any other news, any other housekeeping things. I don't think. Yeah, if you're I guess I don't know beginning of them. Yeah, yeah, send us emails, fire skip cast you bail dot com. I guess it's a beginning of a new year. If you're not a patron, if you want to get the ad free episodes or become a video patron, we do bonus videos. We do the show with next Lander. You you don't need to be a patron to watch Knievel. But I will also plug Resident Knievel because uh where not? When does Residue? Will Requiem come out? That? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Soon? I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait. The last two The first person era has been good so far. I can't wait for this.
Speaker 3: Mary.
Speaker 1: We'll need to jump on that forel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited about any Resident Evil and the last two games have been such bangers like I have high expectations now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait. All right, Well, we'll be back in two weeks with more fire Escape. Until then, see ya. A Happy New Year, Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: You didn't say it excited?
Speaker 3: Happy New Year?
Speaker 1: Yep? Fuckos? How's that? Mary? Okay? Missus critical pants, missus missus missus smellie P.
Speaker 2: You love it?
Speaker 1: Can I come over that.
Speaker 3: Cut?
Speaker 1: The you have a jar and the jar drink out of a jar? Oh my god, jar of your asparagus? P shows up? Amanda's Amanda would be.
Speaker 2: Uh, would be the end of our friendship.
Speaker 1: H h h h m hm hm